PDA

View Full Version : The Most Nostalgic Tomb Raider Levels

silver_wolf
22-01-08, 21:15
What is that level that gives you that special fuzzy feeling? For me, as soon as I pop in TR I and enter the caves I feel all warm and fuzzy:D

Bumio
22-01-08, 21:19
croft manor at TRIII and first jungle level at TRIII

Elysia
22-01-08, 21:22
The whole of TR1, the Venice section of TR2, the London section of TR3 (plus, for some strange reason, Area 51... probably because I played the demo, and it was slightly different to the finished product) and the Alexandria levels of TR4.

Just wonderful, amazing levels :D

Twilight
22-01-08, 21:23
TR2 Manor. never got far in that game, always hung out there. its so relaxing and free, especially when u jump, u feel like u can do anything, but it feels realistic with the limitations....i wonder if TRU can ever re-capture that feeling.

Rivendell
Lost Valley, Venice, The Deck, Barkhang Monestary, Temple of Xian, Temple Ruins, Coastal Village, Desert Railroad, Alexandria, Temple of Horus.

:tmb:

Punaxe
The Cistern, Tomb Raider 1

marla_singer
22-01-08, 21:24
Definately the Egypt levels on TR1 :tmb:

da tomb raider!
22-01-08, 21:24
The Great Wall in Tomb Raider II. :D

PARANOIA
22-01-08, 21:25
The whole of TR1, the Venice section of TR2, the London section of TR3 (plus, for some strange reason, Area 51... probably because I played the demo, and it was slightly different to the finished product) and the Alexandria levels of TR4.

Just wonderful, amazing levels :D

Gee, same here.

thecentaur
22-01-08, 21:27
i get all comfortable in:
VCI
Venice (level)
Antarctica (level)
Lost Valley TR1 & TRA
Tomb of Qualopec TR1 & TRA
Tokyo

the list is concrete as it stands so far

kill bill
22-01-08, 21:29
The most nostelgic levels are all from TR1 and TR3:D:D

Paperdoll
22-01-08, 21:30
The Great Wall and Venice. My first TR experience :D

thecentaur
22-01-08, 21:31
i got some more:

All of TR1 Gold
All of TR2 Gold

and [you guessed it :p]

All of TR3 Gold!!!!!

Inkheart
22-01-08, 21:32
Caves in TR1 (for obvious reasons)
Tomb of Qualopec in TR1 (so many classic moments - falling over mummy, sliding block room)
Great Wall of China in TR2 (the traps! Ah, the traps!)
Barkhang Monastery in TR2. (loved working it all out and finding the prayer wheels)
Manor (TR3) Greatest training area in any game to date
Saint Frances Folly in TRA (first and so far only level Crystal captured the Tomb Raider feeling)

hera7days
22-01-08, 21:59
Cistern, Jungle, Aldwych, Nevada Desert

There was a time when I didn't play Tomb Raider for years after being exposed to it, but during that time, these levels I could always picture clearly.

Earthcane
22-01-08, 23:45
I guess the only few TR moments that give me that fuzzy feeling
of nostalgia that you describe would be these :D :

TR1: Palace Midas
TR2: Barkhang, the section where the gemstones are placed in the receptable
TR3: Area 51 :mis:

TR4: Lost Library. Just walking into the planetarium gives me the shivers :D

trXD
22-01-08, 23:50
Tr2 great wall and tr1 collosium

Aurimas
23-01-08, 07:07

myrmaad
23-01-08, 08:50
CITY OF VILCABAMBA
THE CISTERN

GREAT WALL
TIBETAN FOOTHILLS

JUNGLE
COASTAL VILLAGE
ALDWYCH
TECH MINES (Plus every time I hear Rollercoaster of Love by RHCP I get the same nostalgia for this level)
ALL HALLOWS

IT'S A MADHOUSE!

COASTAL RUINS
CITY OF THE DEAD
TEMPLE OF HORUS
special mentions: The Game of Senet; the Feather Puzzle

All of IRELAND!

THE LOUVRE GALLERIES
THE LOST DOMAIN

Honorable mention:
Nepal

I'm not kidding all these are very special and nostalgic for me.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 09:03
Lost Valley! That T-rex WAS my childhood.

I used to purposely let her eat me so I could fight her again and again.

And The Cistern..Those rats.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 12:37
Personally I think the favorite levels discussion is more interesting then the favorite game discussion.

I wonder if it's poll-worthy though, you'd have to make it so it was clear which games the respondent had NOT played, as well as which levels the respondent had completed in each game as well. Kind of tricky. Could it be done?

Nemo_91
23-01-08, 15:16
Jungle - TR III :D

digitizedboy
23-01-08, 18:19
What is that level that gives you that special fuzzy feeling? For me, as soon as I pop in TR I and enter the caves I feel all warm and fuzzy:D

Same here... and Great wall in TR2 too.

gtkilla
23-01-08, 18:27
Hmmm....prolly Caves from TR1 (first taste of TR ever :D) and High Security Compound from TR3 (first taste of PS TR :p). There are plenty of others, but they're not as significant as these two.

vespertea
23-01-08, 19:19
- ANYTHING from TR1, especially the Egyptian and Greece levels.
- TR2's Temple of Xian.
- TR3's jungle.

When I go back and play these, especially TR1, I can remember all the things of the past really clearly. I can remember how I was feeling when I first played a level, what I was thinking or worried about, what time of day it was. So the nostalgia's almost a bit too strong. But it doesn't stop me from playing the games, I guess.

ThomasCroft
23-01-08, 19:34
It has to be the Lost Valley out of TR1. So nostalgic ... ahh ....

domina
23-01-08, 19:36
Just TRII in general, but I guess specifically, the Venice levels. Nostalgic for both TR purposes and because I remember playing it during an awesome summer vacation.

talion
23-01-08, 22:37
It would have to be all the Peru levels from TR1, since they were the first I ever saw and played :)

raiderfun
23-01-08, 22:39
TR3 Manor Only ! ;)

GodOfLight
23-01-08, 22:51
Definetly Caves in TR1.

And for me personally, Angkor Wat in TR4... simply because TR4 was the first Tomb Raider I ever played, and so I will never forget Young Lara, Von Croy, the wild boars, and me being stuck in that first waterfall room forever cause I couldn't figure out how to jump and grab :o

Tomb of Legends
24-01-08, 02:39
Tomb Raider 1: Lost Valley.
Tomb Raider 2: Venice
Tomb Raider 3: Manor
Tomb Raider 4: None :(
Tomb Raider Chronicles: VCI Levels
AOD: Either Boaz Returns or Eckehert Boss Fight
Legend: Peru
Anniversary: Lost Valley.

CAISACO
24-01-08, 02:55
TR2 Manor. never got far in that game, always hung out there. its so relaxing and free, especially when u jump, u feel like u can do anything, but it feels realistic with the limitations....i wonder if TRU can ever re-capture that feeling.

You are so much like me :)

I love just 'hanging out' and enjoying Core Tomb Raider manors :D
Getting away from the game, and relaxing..

Evangelina
24-01-08, 03:37

Same.

TR2: Barkhang Monastery, 40 fathoms
TR4: Tomb of Set, Burial chambers (actually that level brings back nervous nostalgia),Underneath the sphinx, The Lost Library (the planetarium especially)
TR5:Rome levels

How's about we just say most of the levels in TR4.