PDA

View Full Version : Goths banned from bus

Geck-o-Lizard
23-01-08, 00:03
Link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=509713&in_page_id=1770)

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/01_04/GothRP2201_468x665.jpg

Goth who walks fiancée on a leash is banned by bus driver who told him: 'No dogs allowed'

Given that she describes herself as a human pet – and is happy to walk around on a lead – Tasha Maltby is used to odd looks and even odder remarks.

But nothing had prepared her for the reaction of the bus driver who allegedly told the self-styled Goth and her boyfriend: "We don't let freaks and dogs like you on."

Miss Maltby and her fiance Dani Graves were so angered they have complained to the bus company of being "victimised".

"It is definitely discrimination, almost like a hate crime," 19-year-old Miss Maltby said yesterday.

The music technology student had this defence of her lifestyle.

"I am a pet, I generally act animal like and I lead a really easy life," she said.

"I don't cook or clean and I don't go anywhere without Dani. It might seem strange but it makes us both happy. It's my culture and my choice. It isn't hurting anyone."

The bus driver, however, has obviously not been listening.

He has repeatedly refused to allow Mr Graves, 25, and his "pet" on to his bus in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

Last month, with Miss Maltby on a leash as usual, the couple tried to board a bus at the bus station.

The driver, who was off duty, was standing near the door.

Mr Graves alleged: "He shoved me off the bus. He called us freaks and he called Tasha a dog.

"He said, 'We don't let freaks and dogs like you on'.

"He basically grabbed my T-shirt and slammed me backwards.

"I got a bit angry and called him a fascist pig."

In a separate incident, police were called when the driver, who has not been named, refused to allow other passengers on board after the couple ignored his orders and sat down.

The couple, who live on benefits in a council house and plan to start a family, have been friends for years.

They started going out together in July and became engaged in November.

Paul Adcock, of bus company Arriva Yorkshire, said: "We take any allegations of discrimination seriously.

"Mr Graves has already contacted us directly and as soon as our investigation has concluded we will inform him of the outcome."

Tomb Raider Master
23-01-08, 00:04
Stupid driver. I don't really hang out with that kind of people, but I don't have anything against what they put on themselves.

thecentaur
23-01-08, 00:05
:eek:
this the most peculiar thing i have heard today. thank you for sharing it with us :D

Geck-o-Lizard
23-01-08, 00:06
I loved how the guy's surname is "Graves". :cln:

xMiSsCrOfTx
23-01-08, 00:06
That's stupid. This type of discrimination I find just as bad as racism. It's not like they're running around naked, for Heaven's sake.

coolezpunk
23-01-08, 00:08
Wow... interesting. The bus driver has something against goths, I guess.

BtoFu
23-01-08, 00:09
I wouldn't give them a lift in my car in case she scratched the backseat.

Hack
23-01-08, 00:11
Awesome, Goths don't usually harm a single being :(

This is just the bravery of society. If this were a bunch of hoodlums and scumbags who openly harrass everybody on the back of the bus, I doubt the bus driver would have done a thing. That my expereience of it anyway. :(

ps. The girl is kinda cute :D

ajrich17901
23-01-08, 00:11
Meh i guess its his choice he is the driver tell ya the truth i wouldnt let em in my car lol...dont got anything against goths or anything its just wow those two give me the creeps O>o

Evan C.
23-01-08, 00:13
Stupid humanity.I passed by that several times,and get discriminated in every single way.But,i care a **** what people thinks about me ;)

SamReeves
23-01-08, 00:16
I am somewhat skeptical. Bus drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers. If these two were being squirrely or being threatening, then the driver did the right thing by throwing them off the bus. However if they are just being a little odd, but not being threatening, then the driver is at fault.

Evan C.
23-01-08, 00:19
It`s discrimination,the bus driver could talk seriously and maybe warning,but that doesn`t justify what he has done.

Thorir
23-01-08, 00:35
Lol.

DickDan
23-01-08, 00:36
Rofl. go bus driver!

trXD
23-01-08, 00:38
Meh i guess its his choice he is the driver tell ya the truth i wouldnt let em in my car lol...dont got anything against goths or anything its just wow those two give me the creeps O>o

*cough*youravatar*cough*

Mister_Creazil
23-01-08, 00:39
I used to be goth, like this actually. Not anymore though. I'm pretty normal now. No one stares at me anymore, put it that way. But I know what goths are and what they are like. This is pretty natural for goths.
This is a bit stupid! My God! What a dumb driver. Can't he see it's a woman and not a dog? Yes, she's on a leash, but it's a goth fetish.

Thorir
23-01-08, 00:43
Luckily, this would not happen where I live. :)

trXD
23-01-08, 00:44
I used to be goth, like this actually. Not anymore though. I'm pretty normal now. No one stares at me anymore, put it that way. But I know what goths are and what they are like. This is pretty natural for goths.
This is a bit stupid! My God! What a dumb driver. Can't he see it's a woman and not a dog? Yes, she's on a leash, but it's a goth fetish.

Ditto. But whats a goth fetish? I have heard that word before.

(sorry i dont have a good vocabulary)

star-dust
23-01-08, 00:45
What does it matter that they're goths or she likes to think of herself as an animal? They're still people.

I don't have anything against people like this and that was really ignorant of the bus driver.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 00:49
Ditto. But whats a goth fetish? I have heard that word before.

(sorry i dont have a good vocabulary)

You're not old enough to know that yet. ;)

DREWY
23-01-08, 00:50
Goth who walks fiancée on a leash is banned by bus driver who told him: 'No dogs allowed'

Must admit my first reaction was to laugh - good come back. But really people should be able to look and dress as they choose. As long as their actions aren't threatening they should have been allowed on.

Earthcane
23-01-08, 00:50
Maybe they were just trying new things?

And I'm not too surprised about the driver, we have some pretty surly busdrivers
in this city :p

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 00:51
I have a weakness for Goths. So I find it hard to defend the driver on this one.

Girls look so pretty in black. :X

trXD
23-01-08, 00:51
You're not old enough to know that yet. ;)

So its something sexual? Now i feel embaressed for asking:o

ajrich17901
23-01-08, 00:52
*cough*youravatar*cough*

TALK ABOUT U BEIN STEROTYPICAL bwahahaha
evanescence looks goth but they aint goth ;)

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 00:53
So its something sexual? Now i feel embaressed for asking:o

Yeah. It's a sexual tension. :) A bit of pleasure derived from a commonplace (or otherwise) event or idea. Everybody has one.

evanescence looks goth but they aint goth ;)Yes. A proper Goth has the black lipstick (this one doesn't have), chains around the neck and wrists, and excessive amounts of eyeliner, blush, and nail polish. Doesn't necessarily have to have black hair, contrary to the populous.

And that red absolutely clashes.

Hack
23-01-08, 00:54
TALK ABOUT U BEIN STEROTYPICAL bwahahaha
evanescence looks goth but they aint goth ;)

Yet they look completely like Goths/Emo :confused:

r they christian metal pop rock goths then?

remyma
23-01-08, 00:54
I hate goths. They're so gross. Excuse me, but that's how I feel about them.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 00:55

To each their own.

Hack
23-01-08, 00:57

why?

trXD
23-01-08, 01:00
One of my friends is goth. My parents said goths only act that way to get attention! That was an extremely immature thing to say to your child! What if i was stupid enough to agree. I told them that to but there so stuborn! Well anyway goths shouldnt be banned from a buss, they should have the lifestyle they like without limiations like that!

ajrich17901
23-01-08, 01:00
Yet they look completely like Goths/Emo :confused:

r they christian metal pop rock goths then?

Just cuz someone looks goth doesnt mean they are ;)

Quasimodo
23-01-08, 01:01
I found the dude's myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31145146).

ajrich17901
23-01-08, 01:02
I found the dude's myspace (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=31145146).

Lmao he'll probably be famous now

Hack
23-01-08, 01:05

Where do yah think they got the idea to dress up that way from?

remyma
23-01-08, 01:06
why?

Because the goths at my school, always go around calling normal people "Freaks", "Idiots", "Slave of the government" and **** like that. I had an ugly fat goth spit in my food, because I supported the teacher, instead of an other goth. There's something wrong with goths, at least the ones at my school.

Andariel
23-01-08, 01:06
Ignorant people, such as that bus driver, are true imbeciles. Proves how insignificant of a person he is.

ajrich17901
23-01-08, 01:07
Where do yah think they got the idea to dress up that way from?

Still doesnt make them goth just cuz they dress with there style the band members from evanescence are far from goth trust me

remyma
23-01-08, 01:08

Yeah. Dita Von Teese looks a little gothic and she aren't. I love Dita.

meansizzler
23-01-08, 01:09
That's stupid. This type of discrimination I find just as bad as racism. It's not like they're running around naked, for Heaven's sake.

SO if they are running around naked you'd ban them from a bus?

and if they are breast feeding they are semi naked as they are showing their breast then you'd ban them to right?..

Best watch what you say missy...

5T3PH3N
23-01-08, 01:10
He is wearing the same clothes as Amanda in Legend !! :D

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 01:11

and if they are breast feeding they are semi naked as they are showing their breast then you'd ban them to right?..

Yep. In a heartbeat.

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-08, 01:13
Can't say that I blame him. I'm not against goth people, but that is just ridiculous. I wouldn't want to drive them around either, they're way too suspicious.

BTW, I remember seeing two lesbian goth girls a few years back at a mall in New York. One of them was on a leash like that too. Kinda weird. :vlol:

Quasimodo
If wearing all black and fetish gear+ having a melancholy attitude doesn't make you goth, then what does? :confused:

remyma
Yep. In a heartbeat.

Well, I think breast feeding should be allowed.

Is breast feeding in puplic illegal in USA? It's legal in Denmark.

Andariel
I would hope you’d all distinguish a difference between a teen and adult ‘goth’. ;)

Hack
23-01-08, 01:14
Yeah. Dita Von Teese looks a little gothic and she aren't. I love Dita.

Yeah, Dita is hot!! :cln:

Can't say that I blame him. I'm not against goth people, but that is just ridiculous. I wouldn't want to drive them around either, they're way too suspicious.

BTW, I remember seeing two lesbian goth girls a few years back at a mall in New York. One of them was on a leash like that too. Kinda weird. :vlol:

What r they gonna do?

remyma
23-01-08, 01:18
Everytime I see a goth, I'm like "Eww..Vomit!" Haha

Hack
23-01-08, 01:20
Everytime I see a goth, I'm like "Eww..Vomit!" Haha

charming

Punaxe
23-01-08, 01:22
Well, I think breast feeding should be allowed.

Is breast feeding in puplic illegal in USA? It's legal in Denmark.

I believe public breast-feeding is allowed everywhere in the USA. Paranoia might have just lost his job ;)

Lenochka
23-01-08, 01:23
Ew, This is disgusting for 2 reasons...

1. The bus driver shouldn't descriminate against any type of people...
and
2. No man should EVER have a woman on a leash! WTF is this kind of ****, she isn't a dog, and She isn't his property.

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-08, 01:24
What r they gonna do?

Umm... I dunno, maybe kill someone and eat them? :p

Seriously though, they look shady, no doubt about that. I've been around a lot of goths, and the fact is, they're pretty harmless; however, these two just look too shady. I wouldn't want to drive them anywhere, they freak me out.

If wearing all black and fetish gear+ having a melancholy attitude doesn't make you goth, then what does? :confused:

I would like to know this as well. :p

Yes and yes.

He is wearing the same clothes as Amanda in Legend !! :D

LOL! You're right. :vlol:

Baslakor
23-01-08, 01:24

Listinging to goth-music makes you a goth. Music like Bauhaus, The cure, Deine Lakeien, Das Ich and Clan of Xymox, just to name a very few. There is not much more in it.

That busdriver is stupid. Ok, it is a bit strange (to say at least), but people who hate everything that is different and strange should be shot.. Publicly, to make an example. :)

She could use a little make-up, specially around the eyes. Other then that she is quite hot. She has divine boobs. :D

Evan C.
23-01-08, 01:26
I think that many persons here need to know more about the gothics,and other should be just ****ed off.
I didn`t insult never to noone here,but now i can see that many are so discriminative and ignorants.It`s a pity.

Baslakor
23-01-08, 01:27
The right term is 'goths', not 'gothics'... ;)

Punaxe
23-01-08, 01:29
I think that many persons here need to know more about the gothics,and other should be just ****ed off.
I didn`t insult never to noone here,but now i can see that many are so discriminative and ignorants.It`s a pity.
I agree, but a Tomb Raider forum is not the place to fix that. :)
The right term is 'goths', not 'gothics'... ;)
It's 2:30 at night here. You should go to bed. :p

Evan C.
23-01-08, 01:30
Well,this thread was open so i can let my opinion.Im not trying to change anyone,i just feel ofended.

Baslakor
23-01-08, 01:31
Evan C, I'm not insulting you (actually I agree with you). I am only correcting you. ;)

It's 2:30 at night here. You should go to bed. :p

You are a very wise man!
(but I can say the same about you! :P )

Goodnight all.

Punaxe
23-01-08, 01:31
Well,this thread was open so i can let my opinion.Im not trying to change anyone,i just feel ofended.

I understand, I feel a similar way... Just saying that there's not much we can do about it, certainly not here... :o

Evan C.
23-01-08, 01:32
I know,i didn`t say that for you,Baslakor ;)

Baslakor
23-01-08, 01:34
My bad.. It is late... :p

domina
23-01-08, 01:35
Ew, This is disgusting for 2 reasons...

1. The bus driver shouldn't descriminate against any type of people...
and
2. No man should EVER have a woman on a leash! WTF is this kind of ****, she isn't a dog, and She isn't his property.

It's her choice, if you read the article. She likes it.

I don't think they should have been banned from riding the bus, but damn. If you're going to do something outside the norm, you've got to expect reactions that are going to be less than open.

Punaxe
23-01-08, 01:36
My bad.. It is late... :p

What are you still doing here? :D
Good night ;)

findme
23-01-08, 01:37
this the most peculiar thing i have heard today. thank you for sharing it with us :D

Heath Ledger's death wasn't big enough for you then?

Anyways, this is bizarre, but I really don't see how I personally can walk out of my house looking like THAT with a chain tied to my neck and lead by someone.

Evan C.
23-01-08, 01:39
Yes,me neither...but,the society is very coward.When they see something different,run,fight or freeze...it`s so primitive.They should open their minds and if they do not accept what the others do,at least they must respect them.I don`t like to do that,but if they don`t hurt anyone,why can`t they?

BtoFu
23-01-08, 01:52
Shouldn't they come to expect reactionary treatment like this every once in a while given that they're trying so hard to stand out in a crowd. If they can't let it slide then they aught to visit the Gap or something. They shouldn't have to be subjected to it but hey welcome to Earth.

Ward Dragon
23-01-08, 01:52
The bus driver seems to have something personal against these two people. That aside, I don't think I'd let them on my bus if I was a bus-driver. At least, I'd make them take the leash off first. If that leash gets caught on something and the girl's neck snaps, then the poor driver would end up getting sued :rolleyes:

Quasimodo
23-01-08, 01:54
The bus driver seems to have something personal against these two people. That aside, I don't think I'd let them on my bus if I was a bus-driver. At least, I'd make them take the leash off first. If that leash gets caught on something and the girl's neck snaps, then the poor driver would end up getting sued :rolleyes:

/\That would've been a reasonable response for the driver :tmb:

oocladableeblah
23-01-08, 02:06
That's stupid, I mean I don't really like the whole goth fashion, but I am friends with a couple of goth people on an online game.

Chiki Mina
23-01-08, 02:49
I wouldn't let a hubby of mine treat me like his dog - his property. But like she says in her response, it's her choice and it makes them both happy. They are not hurting anyone. It's their buisness. That's discrimination.

:tmb:.

dreamless
23-01-08, 02:49
those two people don't look threatening in the slightest

silver_wolf
23-01-08, 02:51
I like the goth style. i don't wear it but I think there are some people who can pull it off. The leash, though....a bit odd....

Postalisback
23-01-08, 03:21
To each their own.

Each to their own, get it right! :D

I think this is discrimination, I don't believe they were being threatening.

vespertea
23-01-08, 03:40
Each to their own, get it right! :D

I've always heard it "to each his own," not "each to their own."

But anyway. Goths are pretty much retarded, so rightly they should be put in their place. Away from normal, beautiful people.

lolololol jk.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 04:12
http://www.wcl.american.edu/journal/genderlaw/13/whelan3.pdf?rd=1
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-18562825_ITM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/167687/should_public_breastfeeding_be_tolerated.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/53189/the_maya_wrap_a_great_way_to_avoid.html

Breastfeeding in public in the US maybe legal in some states by default, since there aren't laws *against* it, but there is pressure to change the law, and public outcry to let the baby cry.

tranniversary119
23-01-08, 04:24
I hang out with goths and in school they always check us for drugs which i find funny consedering we are against drugs. And the list goes on from the times weve been looked at wierdly, ect. Bieng different i guess scares alot of people.

EgyptianSoul
23-01-08, 05:01
That bus driver is an idiot. :mad: How can people act that way towards others. It's not right. But that couple, they look so cute in the pic. So romantic. ;)

Chris.Talg0
23-01-08, 05:08
i find it very um....."wierd", but if thats what they want to do and it doesnt harm any1 then i'm ok with it.:o

rowanlim
23-01-08, 05:42
That's stupid...another form of discrimination...they just want to get from one place to another plus they'll pay for it...jeez...idiot driver :cen:

Librarian
23-01-08, 06:56
http://www.wcl.american.edu/journal/genderlaw/13/whelan3.pdf?rd=1
http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-18562825_ITM
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/167687/should_public_breastfeeding_be_tolerated.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/53189/the_maya_wrap_a_great_way_to_avoid.html

Breastfeeding in public in the US maybe legal in some states by default, since there aren't laws *against* it, but there is pressure to change the law, and public outcry to let the baby cry.

*sigh*

Oh no! A NIPPLE! END OF TEH WORLD, RUN FOR COVER!

ffs.

Also, the Goths weren't hurting anyone. Bus drivers, in my experience (and as I don't drive, it's extensive) are almost always tired, cranky and very rude. I'm always surprised when a bus driver is polite to me. This one needs a vacation, methinks.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 07:04
*sigh*

Oh no! A NIPPLE! END OF TEH WORLD, RUN FOR COVER!

ffs.

Also, the Goths weren't hurting anyone. Bus drivers, in my experience (and as I don't drive, it's extensive) are almost always tired, cranky and very rude. I'm always surprised when a bus driver is polite to me. This one needs a vacation, methinks.

Hey, I just report. The trend is unmistakably puritanical and is deeply ingrained in society such that most breastfeeding mothers will avoid a public feeding at almost any cost. There have been recent news controversies regarding banning public breastfeeding on the news, the reason why I went to look for some sources, and during the search that yielded those links one in particular I noted and passed over was of a woman blogging about how she hated to use a public restroom since she would often be "confronted" with the bare breast of a feeding mother. Uptight much? I don't control society, I just report back on what I found out there.

Librarian
23-01-08, 07:16
Oh no, I wan't yelling at you at all! It's the whole thing in general that finally got to me.

Voni
23-01-08, 07:54
Oh please. I know their lifestyle seems odd to us, but if what they said is true, that driver should be up for discrimination.

Cochrane
23-01-08, 07:57
The driver had no business of denying them bus access. That's just wrong.

That being said, they sure have a made hilarious choice of life-style.

jamieoliver22
23-01-08, 08:12
"The goths on the bus go...."

Nah, but really - even if they do seem a little odd, they shouldn't be banned from a bus just because of the way they are.

ShadyCroft
23-01-08, 09:09
The only thing I found weird for me is the leash, but if shes happy with it then good for her. As for the rest of stuff alot of people here find weird, like how they look, wearing back, rings and stuff, eww vomit and yuck! lol! I think I'm failing to see what other people are seeing in them. Other than the leash, eveything else is fine for me. So they have rings, wearing black clothes, black hair and all gothy...so what ? Am not getting what these things tell you about them. That bus driver should have taken it lightly, but the article says he shoved the guys and called them "freaks!" and that bugged me. You dont know them and because they look different than you are, you call them freaks ??!! :mad:

Stupid humanity.I passed by that several times,and get discriminated in every single way.But,i care a **** what people thinks about me
I saw your picture in the forums,Evan, and you look fine...attractive to be frank. Yes, you wore black and you had rings in your fingers in the picture and I knew from your look you're goth, but I found you really fine. I'm having a hard time seeing why afew different things in appearance make people know all things about you. And am having a hard time seeing what makes people stare at you for awhile! Oh jee! Goth! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! Oh jee! A black guy/asian/ african/middle eastern RUN! Oh jee, 2 girls love each other RUN! wait,I gotta puke before I run! lol!

EscondeR
23-01-08, 09:17
The bus driver has nothing to entertain himself really... choses spoiling smb's life as an entertainment. Stupid really.

LMAO at "Graves" :D

marla_singer
23-01-08, 09:24
Listinging to goth-music makes you a goth. Music like Bauhaus, The cure, Deine Lakeien, Das Ich and Clan of Xymox, just to name a very few. There is not much more in it.

I love The Cure and their music yet consider myself a goth in no way :)

Tthe Spirit
23-01-08, 09:46
Althogh i dont know why these people do such stuff, this is not a reason and no one has the right to ban them like this.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 10:05
Lol, a bus driver once didnt want to let me on a bus because of my piercings.

People put themselves in the situation to be discriminated against when they choose to do "odd" things (like walk around like a dog on a leash).

Forwen
23-01-08, 10:47
I wonder if this driver's balls are as big when it comes to swarms of juvenile thugs. Buses would be a much happier place if all those lousy morons were replaced with goths.

And Ward Dragon's just outsmarted him at his own job. Bah :p

Obscure
23-01-08, 10:52
I wonder if this driver's balls are as big when it comes to swarms of juvenile thugs.

:vlol:

I hate it when you get a lousy bus driver, it completely ruins your day.
I remember me and my friend got on a bus and because he was a lot shorter than me he got a child ticket (we were obviously young as I was 11 at the time and child extends to 14) and when I asked for a ticket he charged me for Adult so I said that I was 11 and he said he didn't believe me.
Well I complained about it loud enough in the backseat (you know as you do) and as I got off the bus he threw the change out the door and said "Tell them your a kid next time!"

I felt like shouting "Your talking to an eleven year old! Why should I tell them my age. Isn't it obvious I'm not an adult?"

I rarely use buses now and in a year I'll be driving so it's all good XD

Ada the Mental
23-01-08, 12:06
Personally, I can't really see why a woman would want to diminish herself by letting a man walk her around with a leash, but hey, it's her choice, she's apparently happy with it, and they're not hurting anyone, are they?
The bus driver is a discriminating moron, IMO, who on top of that, can't come up with a good argument.

To be honest, I quite like their style, (counting out the leash).:p

danitiwa
23-01-08, 12:09
I think it's moronic, and closed minded. :wve:

Sure, they don't act normally. Is that a crime? Jesus.

Lara Croft!
23-01-08, 12:13
A woman as a pet??? If I was the bus driver I would beat some sense into her!

danitiwa
23-01-08, 12:20
A woman as a pet??? If I was the bus driver I would beat some sense into her!

Some people like being different, if it's what makes them happy I don't see why stop them, and they're not hurting anyone.

IMO it's discrimination and it's criminal.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 12:20
She has bigger problems than that bus driver! I predict trouble in the future when/if her owner treats her like a pet when she doesn't want him to. Imagine him bringing some other chick home and he tells his "pet" to "be a good, stay quiet, and lay at the foot of the bed where you belong...!" :cln:

Lara Croft!
23-01-08, 12:36
Some people like being different, if it's what makes them happy I don't see why stop them, and they're not hurting anyone.

IMO it's discrimination and it's criminal.

Well if she wants to be a pet she should walk in 4 and not talk... If she is doing sth just to provoke then it doesn't have to so with discrimination... Imagine little children on the street (or in the bus-had they gotten up) how they would see such an image... A man holding a woman from a leash. It sends very wrong messages and the only discrimination is what this man is doing to this woman, even with her consent... Other people volunteer to be eaten by cannibals... Just because a person has free will that doesn't mean that he picks the right choice. And of course we are not to decide what is best for others, but if they want to be provocative then they must accept the consequences... We may live in free speech countries, but when that free speech turns people into animals then u know a society has got sth wrong in it....

la-la-lara
23-01-08, 13:53
Walking around on a lead ??? :D

I think I can understand the man's shock, although I don't agree with his behaviour.

jarhead
23-01-08, 13:57

lol.

I liked when she described herslef to an animal.........it seems an easy life

Conway
23-01-08, 13:58
I am somewhat skeptical. Bus drivers are responsible for the safety of their passengers. If these two were being squirrely or being threatening, then the driver did the right thing by throwing them off the bus. However if they are just being a little odd, but not being threatening, then the driver is at fault.
Yeah, I'd say the same.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 14:00
I think I can understand the man's shock, although I don't agree with his behaviour.

I think I agree mostly with this post, because..at the end of the day, those two dress that way and act that way on their own accord, they KNOW that some people are going to give them cr*p for it.
It doesn't make it right, at all, no, but..you put yourself out there..you choose what happens by the way you act and dress, etc.

Tear
23-01-08, 14:50
That is so ridiculous. Honestly, why would the bus driver care? It's in no way affecting him, now sure it is a bit strange, but I wouldn't care. I wouldn't say anything to them, and let them be on their way.

petujaymz
23-01-08, 15:29
I was sat next to a table of goths in a coffee shop earlier.

One of them asked the others for six pence so he'd have six pounds, sixty six pence in his wallet.

I dunno whether he was having a laugh or not...

:wve:

ben_the_joka
23-01-08, 15:32
they live on benefits in a council house? heres an idea, ure quite clearly capable of getting a job. get one you lazy pair and let someone who really needs the house and money have it!

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 15:35
they live on benefits in a council house? heres an idea, ure quite clearly capable of getting a job. get one you lazy pair and let someone who really needs the house and money have it!

Would you hire a Goth? ;)

ben_the_joka
23-01-08, 15:38
yeah, hmv would :).

im outraged, not by the main message of the article, but by how they are a pair of lazy *******s to be honest.

The bus driver had no right to act like that, they werent in anyway being threatening or ill behaved etc. however, if theyre getting the bus for free due to benefits, i wouldnt let them on for that reason, because they quite clearly dont deserve them.

disneyprincess20
23-01-08, 15:44
I must say, I echo Ben's sentiments. The girl clearly won't (not can't) take responsibility for herself, and chooses to have others take care of her. This is so immature and silly. They live off the state, but choose to spend their money on fetish gear. I have no sympathy for these people, because they show no signs of taking responsibility for their own lives.

This rant isn't directed at all goths by the way, just at this woman. The bus driver is being ignorant, but with the extra information that's come out because of this story, I wouldn't be surprised if they sued for discrimination and lived of their compensation, as well as benefits. The rest of us have to take responsibility for ourselves one day, why can't they?

Gregori
23-01-08, 15:59
I must say, I echo Ben's sentiments. The girl clearly won't (not can't) take responsibility for herself, and chooses to have others take care of her. This is so immature and silly. They live off the state, but choose to spend their money on fetish gear. I have no sympathy for these people, because they show no signs of taking responsibility for their own lives.

This rant isn't directed at all goths by the way, just at this woman. The bus driver is being ignorant, but with the extra information that's come out because of this story, I wouldn't be surprised if they sued for discrimination and lived of their compensation, as well as benefits. The rest of us have to take responsibility for ourselves one day, why can't they?

Why do you even care? :confused:

myrmaad
23-01-08, 16:02
Are taxes paying for the benefits that allow them to live like that?

Beanz
23-01-08, 16:19
That's sick tbh, I get called goth all the time because of the music/clothes I like, but I wouldn't stand for that.

ben_the_joka
23-01-08, 16:24
Are taxes paying for the benefits that allow them to live like that?

apparently, it's great to see i have to pay VAT on practically everything i buy and it goes towards bums like these kids.

lmao im turning into my dad.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 16:28
apparently, it's great to see i have to pay VAT on practically everything i buy and it goes towards bums like these kids.

lmao im turning into my dad.

That gave me the giggles. I haven't said much about my opinion on this topic. I don't hate goths, but these two are just stupid.

SamReeves
23-01-08, 16:41
She has bigger problems than that bus driver! I predict trouble in the future when/if her owner treats her like a pet when she doesn't want him to. Imagine him bringing some other chick home and he tells his "pet" to "be a good, stay quiet, and lay at the foot of the bed where you belong...!" :cln:

Dark Lugia 2
23-01-08, 16:44
That bus driver is an idiot, but those two are aswell. WTF with the leash?! :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-08, 16:52

I completely agree. :tmb:

Then again, I have some problems with the welfare system. It's hard to get right really, I don't know what should be done about it, but it can get ridiculous. Many people who are on it don't even try to make it on their own, without help. That's mooching at its finest, and I can't respect that.

Don't misunderstand me though. Some people try, but still need help. These people I do have respect for, and am glad that they can get the help they need. However, some people don't deserve the help they are receiving. Those are the kind of people we label as "trash". :whi:

Mr.Burns
23-01-08, 16:58
I can understand his initial shock but his behavior was uncalled for. They weren't a threat to the driver or the passengers.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 17:03
Maybe if she had simply removed the leash. The two are getting all this free publicity because the of the driver's reaction. But how much do we expect of drivers, anyway?
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/0530kramden.jpg

Punaxe
23-01-08, 17:04
Maybe if she had simply removed the leash. The two are getting all this free publicity because the of the driver's reaction. But how much do we expect of drivers, anyway?
Well, the article does read that they always remove the leash before getting on a/the bus.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 17:12
Well, the article does read that they always remove the leash before getting on a/the bus.

Last month, with Miss Maltby on a leash as usual, the couple tried to board a bus at the bus station.Not to belabor the point, but if she considers herself a dog, and dogs aren't allowed on the bus...?

These people I do have respect for, and am glad that they can get the help they need. Why? I don't see any evidence they are trying to help themselves, she doesn't work and prefers to live as a pet, not even cleaning the house or whatever..?

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-08, 17:16
Why? I don't see any evidence they are trying to help themselves, she doesn't work and prefers to live as a pet, not even cleaning the house or whatever..?

I completely agree. :tmb:

People who are perfectly capable of helping themselves, but choose not to, don't deserve help from anyone else either.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 17:26
I want to know more about their life together, to be honest. It's fascinating. That's more interesting than this bus thing. She says she "acts animal-like"... in what ways, I wonder? Does she eat and drink from bowls on the floor? It also says she's his fiance... somehow I don't see this relationship lasting long. :pi:

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 17:29
I want to know more about their life together, to be honest. It's fascinating. That's more interesting than this bus thing. She says she "acts animal-like"... in what ways, I wonder? Does she eat and drink from bowls on the floor? It also says she's his fiance... somehow I don't see this relationship lasting long. :pi:

It's not as kinky as BDSM. I think if it's what she likes to do, it's fine with me. I have no objection to what people do inside their house, and to an extent, out in public. I've seen creepier people at bus depots.

I once met this guy who was convinced that he was a cow...

interstellardave
23-01-08, 17:34
It's not as kinky as BDSM. I think if it's what she likes to do, it's fine with me. I have no objection to what people do inside their house, and to an extent, out in public. I've seen creepier people at bus depots.

I once met this guy who was convinced that he was a cow...

I just have this feeling that she's just a naive impressionable girl... looking at that guys' eyes creeps me out. He looks like he can convince girls like her to go along with ideas like this. I just can't shake the feeling that, as time goes on, their relationship will get more and more one-sided; she thinks it's cool now but eventually he'll probably cross whatever lines they have in place now, and want more "pets" to boot. I just don't see how he will treat her with respect--or how she can insist on respect--when she's defined herself as an animal! Thier parents must be so proud!

Evan C.
23-01-08, 17:37
That`s very subjective.She isn`t idiot,if she likes it,she do it.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 17:37
I just have this feeling that she's just a naive impressionable girl... looking at that guys' eyes creeps me out. He looks like he can convince girls like her to go along with ideas like this. I just can't shake the feeling that, as time goes on, their relationship will get more and more one-sided; she thinks it's cool now but eventually he'll probably cross whatever lines they have in place now, and want more "pets" to boot. I just don't see how he will treat her with respect--or how she can insist on respect--when she's defined herself as an animal! Thier parents must be so proud!

Well, again, it's her choice, really. If she finds herself in a compromising position, it's her fault. That's the libertarian way.

Laurencarter
23-01-08, 17:40
LOL Good one.

Geck-o-Lizard
23-01-08, 17:40
Uhm, what's with all this uninformed judging of their choices of lifestyle?

Where does it say they're both unemployed bums? Where does it say that the only reason she's doing this is because she's lazy? (it takes a special kind of person to be a happy sub in a BDSM-style relationship, and I'm not referring to lack of responsibility over one's life) Why shouldn't they be allowed to spend their cash on clothes that aren't boring - if they're poor, does that mean they're supposed to look like paupers too?

You don't know these people, and they're not here to defend themselves. So let's quit judging them on their appearance, because that's all we're doing here.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 17:45
Well, again, it's her choice, really. If she finds herself in a compromising position, it's her fault. That's the libertarian way.

I agree... I'm highly libertarian in my views. I'm not making judgements, it's just the feeling I get and my prediction on what will happen. I could be right or wrong but, either way, I wouldn't try and force them to stop.

Now, as for their lifestyle being subsidized by tax payers... that's another issue!

myrmaad
23-01-08, 17:45
I missed where it said she was a music technology student. I also missed where anyone mentioned spending money on clothes. (I like their clothes.)

However, I agree with Dave about the possible longevity of the relationship, I'm willing to bet money, in fact; and also with his point (same as my earlier one) about taxpayers subsidizing their lifestyle, it clearly says "The couple, who live on benefits in a council house"

The funniest part of the article is on the comments area of the site, where someone wrote:
Ask Dani if he wants a male pup.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 17:47
Uhm, what's with all this uninformed judging of their choices of lifestyle?

Where does it say they're both unemployed bums? Where does it say that the only reason she's doing this is because she's lazy? (it takes a special kind of person to be a happy sub in a BDSM-style relationship, and I'm not referring to lack of responsibility over one's life) Why shouldn't they be allowed to spend their cash on clothes that aren't boring - if they're poor, does that mean they're supposed to look like paupers too?

You don't know these people, and they're not here to defend themselves. So let's quit judging them on their appearance, because that's all we're doing here.

From the story:

The couple, who live on benefits in a council house and plan to start a family, have been friends for years.

Reggie
23-01-08, 17:49
I'm sorry but I can't bring myself to agree with a woman that wants to bring herself down to a status of a dog. Fine if she was raised by a pack of wolves and happens to be feral as part of nature but this is someone that does this out of choice. And its a choice I simply cannot understand or agree with. I don't know...its a all very...'ish.

Bad move on behalf of the bus driver though. I may not agree with the choices she makes for her lifetstyle but I disagree even more with the decision the bus driver made for reasons others have already cited.

Greenkey2
23-01-08, 18:24
Perhaps the bus driver should be banning himself judging by the size of the blinkers he's wearing.

Discrimination is discrimination. Unless someone's wearing a suicide jacket or a "Long Live the Nazis!" T-shirt I see no reason why anyone should be treated any different to anyone else.

Having said that, as Alex says perhaps being rude and confrontational is the poor driver's only hobby. We should pity him :rolleyes:

badfatt
23-01-08, 18:28
No-one's mentioned the sentence at the end. The couple live on benefits and plan to start a family. Excellent priorities there. Well done to the two of them :tmb:

myrmaad
23-01-08, 18:28
For the record, I have said nothing in support of the driver, quite to the contrary. But they are on average low-paid and uneducated, the segment of society most likely to be bigots. Thus my pointed earlier question (with pic).

Badfatt: Several of us mentioned that sentence.

badfatt
23-01-08, 18:35
Yes but not about them wanting to actually RAISE CHILDREN when neither even has a job. You were just talking about them being unemployed in general. Wanting to have kids when you don't have a job between you is just irresponsible.

Angelus
23-01-08, 18:49
Why is she wearing a leash?

jackles
23-01-08, 19:14
Personally I don't see why it's a problem for anyone. Live and let live. If people actually looked and behaved according to stereotypes then burglars would be wearing stripey jumpers carrying bags with swag on them and flashers macs and no trousers. Just because someone chooses to walk around on a leash and fully clothed is their choice. It's the women who are beaten in the privacy of their own homes by their suit wearing respectable husbands I would worry about. Just because someone looks different from someone else mean nothing. Its the way that their soul is dressed is important.

Pipolinne
23-01-08, 19:19
That's not Goth,that's BDSM , a form of sexual expression.

When she agreed to to be put on a leash,the girl was expressing she was either a submissive and/or a masochist ( wearing a leash is quite a common for of express such position, in clubs ir privates scenes).

I think the driver was really intelligent with his/her remark: one's intimacy and sexual preferences should not be displayed like that. Between those two and a exhibitionist man/woman ,there's not much difference.

Catlantean
23-01-08, 19:25
That's just plain nasty. No matter of people's reaction to their appearance, those two are passengers who paid for their tickets. And it's not like they were going to put the bus driver on a leash.

gtkilla
23-01-08, 19:28
Lmao! :vlol: Sorry, but I think this hilarious. :D

touchthesky
23-01-08, 19:29
I just saw it in the paper I bought earlier, never noticed it before.

I wonder if he changed his last name. Probably homage to the Misfits.

I knew someone who changed his second name to Pirate.

Yup.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 19:30
That's not Goth,that's BDSM , a form of sexual expression.

When she agreed to to be put on a leash,the girl was expressing she was either a submissive and/or a masochist ( wearing a leash is quite a common for of express such position, in clubs ir privates scenes).

I think the driver was really intelligent with his/her remark: one's intimacy and sexual preferences should not be displayed like that. Between those two and a exhibitionist man/woman ,there's not much difference.

I think it's both. And if that's the case, you're probably right, and I have empathy for the driver because of that.

I knew someone who changed his second name to Pirate.

Yup.

I know someone who legally changed their name to Jesus Christ.

Pipolinne
23-01-08, 19:30
There are limits,Catlantean,between private and public spaces and the behaviours we can display on such spaces.As far as I'm concerned,explicit sex talk isn't allowed here,in General Chat,nor is advised in Mature Open Chat.

If the said couple was not dressed in black and was having sex on the bus, they'd have been asked to leave and no one would question that;there's not a lot of difference between having sex and wearing a leash.Actually,for the BDSM community,wearing a leash is sometimes much more intimate and important than having sex.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 19:32
Pippoline makes a good point... regardless of their Right to have her on a leash, is it appropriate in public? If that, then why couldn't she go topless as well? I'm guessing she wouldn't get away with that. There are certain rules, written and unwritten, about what's appropriate public behavior.

I also hasten to mention (although we're already on page 15!) that we've only heard their side of the story. We don't know if they are as innocent in their actions as they say they are.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 19:34
Maybe its just an act, then? I mean, if it's (Pipolinne-please dont think im not believing you, because i know its sounds like it, i believe you 100%) meant to be so so private and important, surely it's something you keep to yourself? It's almost like "dogging" (no pun intended). I would never in my wildest dreams publicise me and my boyfriends most private times.

interstellardave
23-01-08, 19:36
They may be doing their own thing, and it may not be BDSM to them (you'd think they'd have used that term if it was)... still I think pippolines' point makes sense. They should perhaps not flaunt their "quirks" in public in the future!

Punaxe
23-01-08, 19:43
Pipolinne indeed raises a very interesting point...
But I think, the bus driver has but to obide by the law, which does not prohibit the couple's appearance or behaviour (as far as we know what their appearance/behaviour was).

jackles
23-01-08, 19:48
I suspect most Brits would just laugh their heads off at them. When we have topless girls in the papers and David Beckhams pants flashing around it all seems pretty tame to the general public. We enjoy a bit of eccentricity! I'm more bothered about Amy Winehouse smoking crack on the front pages.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 19:48
Arriva said they were investigating the complaint, but claimed that other passengers could have been put at risk by the chain if the bus had to brake suddenly.

“Our primary concern is passenger safety,” said Paul Adcock, operations director of Arriva. “While the couple are very welcome to travel on our buses, we are asking that Miss Maltby remove her dog lead before boarding.”

...I guess that kinda makes sense. She could have taken it off for the bus journey, Im sure. It's not surgically attached.

Anajrob
23-01-08, 19:49

But they look so cute! :(

danitiwa
23-01-08, 19:58
Pippoline makes a good point... regardless of their Right to have her on a leash, is it appropriate in public? If that, then why couldn't she go topless as well? I'm guessing she wouldn't get away with that. There are certain rules, written and unwritten, about what's appropriate public behavior.

I also hasten to mention (although we're already on page 15!) that we've only heard their side of the story. We don't know if they are as innocent in their actions as they say they are.

I think it's funny that women can go around wearing a tank top that says something like "litte slut" or "Deposits go here \/", and they're allowed on a bus, but if a woman wears a leash she's shooed like an old mut.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 20:00
I think it's funny that women can go around wearing a tank top that says something like "litte slut" or "Deposits go here \/", and they're allowed on a bus, but if a woman wears a leash she's shooed like an old mut.

Well, for one thing, feminists don't get upset about those types of shirts.

ben croft
23-01-08, 20:00
Ridiculous....ridiculous...bus driver should go to hell.

:mad:

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 20:01

Now that is uncalled for. Just for taking personal initiative, you wish damnation upon another person you don't even know?

trtrailerman
23-01-08, 20:01

I agree its totally disgraceful behaviour

touchthesky
23-01-08, 20:02
Read the post in the last page..the lead WAS potentionally dangerous.

If something had happened and the couple had been let on the bus...we'dbe slamming the driver for letting them on

=/

danitiwa
23-01-08, 20:02

Who says I don't? I find them plain annoying, but if women want to be totally idiotic and desperate just to get laid let them. I'm not going to, and not just any man is going to sleep with such an easy woman either. They're like free prostitutes to me, except they're ones that have a choice. :rolleyes:

domina
23-01-08, 20:03

Those are trashy and inappropriate, no doubt, but they don't pose potential danger to those around them. Even if the couple is harmless, the chain could cause injury during an accident or even if it just snagged on something (or someone) the wrong way.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 20:05

Most feminists are not into "Bimboware".

danitiwa
23-01-08, 20:05
Those are trashy and inappropriate, no doubt, but they don't pose potential danger to those around them. Even if the couple is harmless, the chain could cause injury during an accident or even if it just snagged on something (or someone) the wrong way.

That's true, so yes, they should perhaps have taken the leash off for a moment. However, the bus driver should learn to communicate more respectfully.

ben croft
23-01-08, 20:06
Now that is uncalled for. Just for taking personal initiative, you wish damnation upon another person you don't even know?

lol I was just angry... I hate any kind of discrimination hate hate hate

domina
23-01-08, 20:08
That's true, so yes, they should perhaps have taken the leash off for a moment. However, the bus driver should learn to communicate more respectfully.

If what was said is exactly what happened, then no doubt (although, honestly, I think telling a girl on a leash that no dogs are allowed is rather funny and clever). But as others have mentioned, only one side of the story has been revealed. Details could have been altered and omitted. Maybe the two antagonized the driver, prompting him to respond in such a way.

danitiwa
23-01-08, 20:14
If what was said is exactly what happened, then no doubt (although, honestly, I think telling a girl on a leash that no dogs are allowed is rather funny and clever). But as others have mentioned, only one side of the story has been revealed. Details could have been altered and omitted. Maybe the two antagonized the driver, prompting him to respond in such a way.

Perhaps.

I miss your old Avvie... :p :(

domina
23-01-08, 20:17
Perhaps.

I miss your old Avvie... :p :(

Princess Leia may come back soon. ;)

myrmaad
23-01-08, 20:17

Given that she describes herself as a human pet – and is happy to walk around on a lead

The music technology student had this defence of her lifestyle.

"I am a pet, I generally act animal like and I lead a really easy life," she said.

"I don't cook or clean and I don't go anywhere without Dani. It might seem strange but it makes us both happy. It's my culture and my choice. It isn't hurting anyone."

He has repeatedly refused to allow Mr Graves, 25, and his "pet" on to his bus in Dewsbury, West Yorkshire.

Last month, with Miss Maltby on a leash as usual, the couple tried to board a bus at the bus station. NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE BUS! I really don't see how it's discrimination unless he let her on the bus, in that case, he would then be discriminating against other pets.

Bottom line, it sounds to me like a personality clash among the three. The girl would annoy me if I had to deal with her. I'd feel like telling her to wake up and get a grip.

Angelus
23-01-08, 20:20
It's just an idea... but maybe she doesn't wear the leash? Just a crazy thought I'm throwing out there...

Legends
23-01-08, 21:15
That's offensive. Too offensive. One thing is to have a personal opinion about certain people, there is quite another to express them in a public place. All of us have opinions about styles and how people dress, but I find it very inappropriate of a bus driver to say that to a person because he don't like her style. Personally, I don't understand why people dress like that, (Goth) I don't see anything cool with it at all. I think it looks ridicules, but I would never discriminate against the person, nor treat him/her any different than someone else.

Anajrob
23-01-08, 21:17
It's just an idea... but maybe she doesn't wear the leash? Just a crazy thought I'm throwing out there...

Yeah, that could be like an extended necklace... or something :D :pi:

myrmaad
23-01-08, 21:31
I really don't believe it had a damn thing to do with how they dress.

I like their clothes, I'd wear that dress. BUT "I'm a pet" is the same as blithely saying "I'm an idiot". And that's damn annoying.

Pipolinne
23-01-08, 21:43
This case makes me mad,because,some time ago, a brainless git told an attractive woman she was distracting him and kicked her out of the bus. Everyone applauded a person being offended due to pure sexism!

Now,these two idiots came and think,because they dress in black,they're entitled to ****ing special rights! Probably,that was a kink of both,showing how submissive she was.

If I go to some places in Barcelona, I'm sure to find such behaviours: but it's an area known for it and I'd be the idiot,if I argued against it. Now,in a public space,I don't have to be forced to participate on others' kink,without my consent or agreement!

raiderfun
23-01-08, 22:58
Sounds strange, thanks grace for the news ! :wve:

CAISACO
23-01-08, 22:58
Hmmmm. I really don't know what to say! :vlol:

But I think people should just accept the 'different' people in our world and not make such a big deal about them, they should just get on with their lives, worry about themselves :wve:

Gregori
23-01-08, 23:09
Now,these two idiots came and think,because they dress in black,they're entitled to ****ing special rights! Probably,that was a kink of both,showing how submissive she was.

If I go to some places in Barcelona, I'm sure to find such behaviours: but it's an area known for it and I'd be the idiot,if I argued against it. Now,in a public space,I don't have to be forced to participate on others' kink,without my consent or agreement!

What do you mean by "special" rights? They just wanted the same rights as eveybody else which is to get on the bus like everybody else. They were doing aboslutely no harm.

Having thicker skin will do wonders in life!