PDA

View Full Version : Is it just on Ebay I can purchase this?

touchthesky
23-01-08, 13:44
Sorry if this isn't meant to be here, I would have posted it in the TR section but I wasn't 100%.

Anyway, I really like this figure;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomb-Raider-Lara-Croft-Crocodile-Escape_W0QQitemZ270205534678QQihZ017QQcategoryZ164 77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotoh osting

And I'd buy it BUT I don't have the money right now..So I wondered if any other shops sold it? And you'd be able to direct me?

Carbonek_0051
23-01-08, 13:46
No shops seel it that i know of....

I used to have that figure but I lost it....:(

But i think amazon and ebay are the only places you can find it...

Sorry if I wasn't help:o

myrmaad
23-01-08, 13:47
Sorry if this isn't meant to be here, I would have posted it in the TR section but I wasn't 100%.

Anyway, I really like this figure;
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tomb-Raider-Lara-Croft-Crocodile-Escape_W0QQitemZ270205534678QQihZ017QQcategoryZ164 77QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotoh osting

And I'd buy it BUT I don't have the money right now..So I wondered if any other shops sold it? And you'd be able to direct me?

You just raised the price in it!

touchthesky
23-01-08, 13:49
Amazon sell it? maybe I'll get it from there. I just dont want it right now (well i want it, but cant get it) so I cant use ebay.

Because the chances of it being on there in a few weeks when I CAN get it are pretty slim.

ace_85
23-01-08, 13:50
Your chances of finding this anywhere other than eBay are vanishingly slim. The only retail stores that generally stock this sort of thing are ones such as Forbidden Planet (if you happen to have one near you) but, even so, that particular TR figure is a few years old now and isn't likely to be sold anymore. My advice? Get it whilst you can on eBay, if you really want it :)

myrmaad
23-01-08, 13:50
And much slimmer now, of course.

touchthesky
23-01-08, 13:51
Forbidden planet here only stock the TRA Lara =(.

Hmm, It's such a predicament.

What are the chacnes of it being on Ebay in a few weeks? Is it an american release?

Edit how did i raise the price lol>?

myrmaad
23-01-08, 13:57
You should have shown a picture of the doll, but never linked to it. Even that makes your chances lower of course, because you reminded (give or take) 5000 people who potentially want it, to go to ebay and search for it. But you made it easier on them because what are the odds, that some one of those +/-5000 isn't going to bid on it, and likely win it, now?? The odds of that NOT happening could make me a wealthy woman, in other words if it doesn't happen it will be a miracle. Good luck!

ace_85
23-01-08, 13:58
What are the chacnes of it being on Ebay in a few weeks? Is it an american release?

It's tough to say. I fairly often have a look at TR merchandise on eBay, in case something cool turns up (as it sometimes does from time to time). From personal experience, I can say that there are nearly always a few Lara figures from the same series as the one you're looking at being auctioned at any one time, but as for that specific style (ie. the one with the South Pacific outfit), it's not really possible to say whether another one will turn up in a few weeks. Maybe you can borrow the cash from someone and get it whilst it's available, then pay them back later?

touchthesky
23-01-08, 13:58
Oh, I see lol!

I'm not wanting THAT doll though..well I wantthat doll but not the one in the ebay link because right now I dont have the money =/

myrmaad
23-01-08, 13:59
Oh, I see lol!

I'm not wanting THAT doll though..well I wantthat doll but not the one in the ebay link because right now I dont have the money =/

But if you didn't mention it to anyone, it may have gone unnoticed, and the seller would relist it and then it COULD have been there when you were ready. The odds were MUCH BETTER in your favor before you advertised the great ebay deal to the world. Sorry.

SamReeves
23-01-08, 16:48
The smaller Lara action figures go from $5-$10 in most auctions. That's a pretty common figure.