PDA

View Full Version : Three Little Pigs 'too offensive'

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 14:05
A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

The digital book, re-telling the classic fairy tale, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
The awards which rejected the book are run by Becta, the government's educational technology agency.
The judging panel also attacked the book's stereotyping of builders.
The book's creative director, Anne Curtis, said that the idea that including
pigs in a story could be interpreted as racism was "like a slap in the face".

'Cultural issues'

The CD-Rom digital version of the traditional story of the three little pigs, called Three Little Cowboy Builders, is aimed at primary school children.
But judges at this year's Bett Award said that they had "concerns about the Asian community and the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
The Three Little Cowboy Builders has already been a prize winner at the recent Education Resource Award - but its Newcastle-based publishers, Shoo-fly were turned down by the Bett Award panel, run the government's technology agency.

The feedback from the judges explaining why they had rejected the CD-Rom highlighted that they "could not recommend this product to the Muslim community".
They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".
The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"

Animal Farm?

Ms Price said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?
Her company is committed to an ethical approach to business and its products promote a message of mutual respect, she says - and banning such traditional stories will "close minds rather than open them".
Becta, the government funded agency responsible for technology in schools and colleges, says that it is standing by the judges' verdict.
"Becta with its partners is responsible for the judging criteria against which the 70 independent judges, mostly practising teachers, comment. All the partners stick by the judging criteria," said a Becta spokesman.
Merlin John, author of an educational technology website which highlighted the story, warns that such rulings can undermine the credibility of the awards.

"When benchmarks are undermined by pedestrian and pedantic tick lists, and by inflexible, unhelpful processes, it can tarnish the achievements of even the most worthy winners.
"It's time for a rethink, and for Becta to listen to the criticisms that have been ignored for a number of years," said Mr John.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has political correctness got out of hand? I certainly think so.
This disappoints me.

rowanlim
23-01-08, 14:31
This is utterly stupid crap. It's just a story...for crying out loud...must they be so sensitive?? ugh :mad:

Agent 47
23-01-08, 14:32
things are getting out of hand now

why not just ban all nursery rhymes....wft :mad:

Legend of Lara
23-01-08, 14:33
Bizarre! Plain and simple. :confused:

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 14:35

why not just ban all nursery rhymes....wft :mad:That's what I was thinking. They really should ban that sort of stuff. Especially "bah bah black sheep". That song is so racist!

disneyprincess20
23-01-08, 14:42
That's what I was thinking. They really should ban that sort of stuff. Especially "bah bah black sheep". That song is so racist!

^^ It's now changed. All the primary teachers I know now sing "bah bah little sheep"

rowanlim
23-01-08, 14:48
My Muslim friends think that this is stupid too. They grew up listening to that story, I don't get the way Becta is thinking...they are going backwards sigh :/

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 14:50
"Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe" discriminates against low-income large families.
"Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater" discriminates against cannibalistic cultures.
"Humpty Dumpty" is a visibly graphic and violent nursery rhyme.
"Hey Diddle Diddle" has a reference to a part of the human anatomy in the first line.
"Little Jack Horner" promotes capitalism.

Therefore they should all be banned.

Forwen
23-01-08, 14:54
Whoa, talk about Muslim extremism. Why won't American freedom fighters overthrow British government next?

disneyprincess20
23-01-08, 14:55
Well ring-a-ring-a-roses refers to the plague, maybe that's offensive to people as well. Personally, I'm offended by the cross-species overtones in the Owl and the Pussycat. Clearly wrong and immoral. :p

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 14:55
Whoa, talk about Muslim extremism.

You must not call them extremists!!! They are not Muslim!!!

They are "dissidents wrongly invoking the name of Islam for counter-humanity purposes."

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 15:00
^^ It's now changed. All the primary teachers I know now sing "bah bah little sheep"I've heard this too. I was just hoping I'd heard false rumors.

Oh dear oh dear, what will the PC gang crusade against next?

Forwen
23-01-08, 15:00
You must not call them extremists!!! They are not Muslim!!!

Nah I tell you, the officials who promote such wash must all be al-Qaeda in disguise because I can't believe someone capable of thinking clearly could claim Three Little Pigs are socially detrimental and keep a straight face.

Poor Muslims, gays, jobless, women and blondes. The land of Europe is so harsh on them.

Punaxe
23-01-08, 15:03
Ah, yes, horrible. Over-the-top protection of the minorities... You won't believe the things they have been (trying to) ban or change already.
I bet mest people who are supposedly negatively affected by any of this don't even care, and it's just institutions whose only goal is to "prevent racism" or something like that have a quota to fill, or just need to stay in the spotlights if they don't want to lose their jobs, so they start objecting to perfectly normal things... Sigh.

TombRaiderLover
23-01-08, 15:12
Oh my.

This is even worse than the whole "Bah bah black ship" scenario.

:rolleyes:

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 15:14
Just a question, is extreme political correctness such as this as bad in other parts of the world?

rowanlim
23-01-08, 15:21
Just a question, is extreme political correctness such as this as bad in other parts of the world?

In my country, which is regarded as a modern Muslim country, stuff like this are too PETTY to dispute about. We're not that conservative. It's a ridiculous thing to even think about bringing stuff like this up...the Muslims in our country would object to it. Better spend the energy into doing something more productive. ugh

Gregori
23-01-08, 15:21

I think your country balances it out with acts of extreme political incorrectness.
Ever watch reports on Sky News or some of the thrash thats on Channel 4 *shudders*

glitterpaws
23-01-08, 15:32
Goodness. I am muslim and I think this is quite ridiculous.

Titanium
23-01-08, 15:40
Political Correctness needs a good kicked up the ass and told to stop being so pathectic.

petujaymz
23-01-08, 15:52
The PC brigade seem to forget that pigs actually exist.

At any given time, a Muslim could be within one hundred kilometres of a pig.

Shouldn't all pigs be exterminated to avoid causing offence? :rolleyes:

:wve:

ANoDE
23-01-08, 16:01
Unbeleivable.
Political correctness is a fine thing, and it is understandable for a government to prevent the population of "political incorrect material" - BUT: there should be a line to what can be defined as politically incorrect. This example states clearly, that they've overstepped that boundary by far...

To your question about political correctness in other countries - well, I guess so. Austria for example always gets critizised - even bashed - for it's "anti-foreigner" politics - and the Austrian Government tries to counteract those news by issuing some really interesting treaties.
In one of our states, pupils are not allowed to great each other by the traditional "Gr Gott" (referring to the christian god) anymore, because it might offend the non-christian schoolmates beeing greeted like that.

I am finding that very disturbing, because in my optintion, it is not a good idea to eliminate cultural habits (which actually don't hurt ANYONE) for the sake of political correctness.

Nannonxyay
23-01-08, 16:30
Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with people?! You cant even sing baa baa black sheep without being a racist, and you cant call them Firemen any more you have to call them fire people. :vlol: It's pathetic really. It's like that Teddy Bear incident all over again!

Dark Lugia 2
23-01-08, 16:41
I'm muslim, i've grown up with this story. XD it's a cute childrens story, no harm done. o.0 it's not like theyre being eaten XD :p

Melonie Tomb Raider
23-01-08, 16:42
BLEH! No way, that's one of the best children stories ever. :D

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 17:31
Oh my god, what the hell is wrong with people?! You cant even sing baa baa black sheep without being a racist, and you cant call them Firemen any more you have to call them fire people. :vlol: It's pathetic really. It's like that Teddy Bear incident all over again!That reminds me, my step dad's a fireman (oh dear, I'm not supposed to call them that!) and we're thinking of suing the people who make the children's TV series Fireman Sam for three reasons:

1. The correct term is firefighter, not fireman
2. It may cause offence to people with the name 'Sam'
3. It alienates the Firefighters

My step dad is extremely upset by this and continues to suffer from depression as a result of this. Ban Fireman Sam! :mad:

:p

myrmaad
23-01-08, 17:55
I'm very confused about exactly what's going on here.

It looks to me like the controversial story at issue is not the classic Three Little Pigs at all, but instead a RETELLING of the classic story now entitled: the Three Little Cowboy Builders

Plus:
The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"There seems to be a typo here? Builders are Cowboys and Builders are Pigs, WTF?

Someone please enlighten me with actual facts.

Greenkey2
23-01-08, 18:04
These censors have way too much time on their hands and not enough between their ears :rolleyes:

myrmaad
23-01-08, 18:08
These censors have way too much time on their hands and not enough between their ears :rolleyes:

Maybe not. Three Little Cowboy Builders? Cowboys, Muslims at issue? Something smells in Denmark.

PARANOIA
23-01-08, 18:11
How about the Three Little Crusaders. We can't possibly offend anyone doing that.

Oh, wait a minute, Muslims might portray Big Bad Wolf to be Saladin. Rats. Back to the drawing board.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 18:12
Just calm down. I would like more information, that's all.

Edit:
Ok, something apparently went wrong with MT's copy and paste.

His copy says:
Ms Price said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?
Her company is committed to an ethical approach to business and its products promote a message of mutual respect, she says - and banning such traditional stories will "close minds rather than open them".

While the website says:
Ms Curtis said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?...

Anyway, I feel better now. I think it's reasonable to agree with Greenkey's conclusion.

Jacob x5
23-01-08, 18:46
Oh, I've lost the will to care anymore.

Notice that Muslims themselves haven't had a say in this.

Dark Lugia 2
23-01-08, 18:49
Oh, I've lost the will to care anymore.

Notice that Muslims themselves haven't had a say in this.

Exactly! :p people are all like "oo muslims are acting silly why are they banning these things" _

Geck-o-Lizard
23-01-08, 18:56
I used to have a version that was three little wolves and a big bad pig... wonder what they'd think of that?

ThomasCroft
23-01-08, 18:57
What does the government hope to achieve by doing this? I mean ... why ... ?

Alex Fly
23-01-08, 18:59
Ridiculous...

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 20:26
Just calm down. I would like more information, that's all.

Edit:
Ok, something apparently went wrong with MT's copy and paste.

His copy says:

While the website says:
Ms Curtis said that rather than preventing the spread of racism, such an attitude was likely to inflame ill-feeling. As another example, she says would that mean that secondary schools could not teach Animal Farm because it features pigs?...

Anyway, I feel better now. I think it's reasonable to agree with Greenkey's conclusion.
The BBC must have edited the article on their website. I copied and pasted the entire article straight from the page.

jackles
23-01-08, 20:35
I will ask at school tomorrow what nursery rhymes they sing...though I do know twinkle twinkle little star is sung! I have also heard the kids sing a jolly song about eating bumble bees and being ill!!

kooky
23-01-08, 20:38
Ridiculous...

Ditto... :tmb:

jackles
23-01-08, 20:41
I used to have a version that was three little wolves and a big bad pig... wonder what they'd think of that?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh we have that at school. It's used to help kids think about story genres and stereotypes.

Lara Croft Fan Joe
23-01-08, 20:44
Wow. Thats the single most ridiculous thing I've heard to day :rolleyes:. Even worse than 'Baa Baa Coloured sheep'.

tesorosbaby
23-01-08, 21:17
Baa Baa Sheep of Ethic Origin,
Have you any fairtrade ehticaly sourced wool?
Yes Sir/Madam, Yes sir/Madam three renewable materials bags full
One for the master/mistress
One for the Dame/Count
And one for the individual who lives down the lane...

Little Bo Peep has lost sheep and doesn't know where to find them,
She has been offered counselling.

Capt. Murphy
23-01-08, 21:27
Is it so much that it just has Pigs in it that it's offensive? Or that the Pigs are the good guys?

myrmaad
23-01-08, 21:33
The pigs are always the good guys in the original version. That version wasn't listed as offensive by this agency, in this case.

Mr.Burns
23-01-08, 21:43
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/confused002.gif

*shakes head* Sometimes it amazes me how far some people will go to avoid offending someone.

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 21:44
The funny thing is though, judging by Muslim's reactions on the forum, it wouldn't even offend them anyway. :p

So then why are the government trying to go out of their way to band stuff that doesn't even offend anyone?

James_Rutland
23-01-08, 21:47
Argh, this is pathetic. It's like everythings offensive/racist these days.

"Blah blah blacksheep blah blah blah blah blah" I dont understand how because it features the word "Black" in it, it's offensive. It's not like i complain when i hear "White sheep"

Don't take it the wrong way, im far from racist.

Mr.Burns
23-01-08, 21:50
@MT: Fear of lawsuits and alienating potential voters.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 21:53
Baa Baa Black sheep is offensive, how exactly? Give me a break.

James_Rutland
23-01-08, 21:55

Ditto. :rolleyes: Soon TRA will be banned for having the saying in "Pink is the new black"

Mad Tony
23-01-08, 21:56
Baa Baa Black sheep is offensive, how exactly? Give me a break.It doesn't offend anyone as far as I know, the government are just afraid of lawsuits and losing voters, as Mr Burns said.

Mr.Burns

Damned if I know. But it seems that someone must think that it could be. :rolleyes:

DREWY
Ba Ba little sheep may be offensive to vertically challenged folk.
And what about people with curly hair - they have rights too.
Burn them. Burn them all I say. Hang on, what about the pyromaniacs.....

tesorosbaby
23-01-08, 21:59
"England Victorious, happy and glorious...."

To be replaced with:

"England. ALLAH!"

myrmaad
23-01-08, 21:59
Damned if I know. But it seems that someone must think that it could be. :rolleyes:

:hea: This gave me a giggle-fit even before I saw Drewy's post.

CAISACO
23-01-08, 22:38
A story based on the Three Little Pigs has been turned down from a government agency's annual awards because the subject matter could offend Muslims.

The digital book, re-telling the classic fairy tale, was rejected by judges who warned that "the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
The awards which rejected the book are run by Becta, the government's educational technology agency.
The judging panel also attacked the book's stereotyping of builders.
The book's creative director, Anne Curtis, said that the idea that including
pigs in a story could be interpreted as racism was "like a slap in the face".

'Cultural issues'

The CD-Rom digital version of the traditional story of the three little pigs, called Three Little Cowboy Builders, is aimed at primary school children.
But judges at this year's Bett Award said that they had "concerns about the Asian community and the use of pigs raises cultural issues".
The Three Little Cowboy Builders has already been a prize winner at the recent Education Resource Award - but its Newcastle-based publishers, Shoo-fly were turned down by the Bett Award panel, run the government's technology agency.

The feedback from the judges explaining why they had rejected the CD-Rom highlighted that they "could not recommend this product to the Muslim community".
They also warned that the story might "alienate parts of the workforce (building trade)".
The judges criticised the stereotyping in the story of the unfortunate pigs: "Is it true that all builders are cowboys, builders get their work blown down, and builders are like pigs?"

Animal Farm?

Becta, the government funded agency responsible for technology in schools and colleges, says that it is standing by the judges' verdict.
"Becta with its partners is responsible for the judging criteria against which the 70 independent judges, mostly practising teachers, comment. All the partners stick by the judging criteria," said a Becta spokesman.
Merlin John, author of an educational technology website which highlighted the story, warns that such rulings can undermine the credibility of the awards.

"When benchmarks are undermined by pedestrian and pedantic tick lists, and by inflexible, unhelpful processes, it can tarnish the achievements of even the most worthy winners.
"It's time for a rethink, and for Becta to listen to the criticisms that have been ignored for a number of years," said Mr John.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/7204635.stm
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has political correctness got out of hand? I certainly think so.
This disappoints me.

Oh-My-GOD
:vlol:

Forwen
23-01-08, 23:03
Ditto. :rolleyes: Soon TRA will be banned for having the saying in "Pink is the new black"

We have a winner! Well done comrade, I mean, citizen!

tlr's duty now is to totally report it to the Revolutionary Vigilance government agency. If you still can't see it then you're a filthy racist. Pink = commonly associated with newborn babies. Newborn babies = helplessness, dependence, weakness, vulnerability. "Pink is the new black" = black people are weak and vulnerable as infants. Also, pay attention to the veiled prediction of the future contained herein: "... is the new..." suggests a dangerous plot Eidos is obviously a part of aiming to bring all black people into the dependence on white supremacists. Call BBC!

GodOfLight
23-01-08, 23:06
Well, I don't think one can just bash Muslims because of this "politically correct" decision made as to keeping people from reading that story. After all, didn't some American Christians at one point burn Harry Potter books for whatever purpose of their choosing? I never understand how people can always just lump everyone together like that.

Voni
23-01-08, 23:07

I was shown that at uni the other day, looked good to me!

But honestly, these people need to stop worrying about rubbish like this and stop stuff like Saw getting into the hands of 11 year olds and the like.

DREWY
23-01-08, 23:12
Just a question. Are there any concessions, read political correctness, in Muslim countries for Christian members of society?
In our preschools we no longer have Santa or the Easter Bunny, or any mention of Christmas or Easter, so as not to offend those who don't believe in it. Is it the same in Muslim countries, or is this a madness peculiar to 'Christian' countries?

myrmaad
23-01-08, 23:16
Well, I don't think one can just bash Muslims because of this "politically correct" decision made as to keeping people from reading that story. After all, didn't some American Christians at one point burn Harry Potter books for whatever purpose of their choosing? I never understand how people can always just lump everyone together like that.

Funny. Could you point to the post where someone bashed muslims. Are you lumping Americans and all American Christians altogether in your bash?

Just a question. Are there any concessions, read political correctness, in Muslim countries for Christian members of society?
In our preschools we no longer have Santa or the Easter Bunny, or any mention of Christmas or Easter, so as not to offend those who don't believe in it. Is it the same in Muslim countries, or is this a madness peculiar to 'Christian' countries?

May be an Ozzie thing, "American Christians" would never stand for that.

GodOfLight
23-01-08, 23:27
Funny. Could you point to the post where someone bashed muslims. Are you lumping Americans and all American Christians altogether in your bash?

Post 9 and 13 got be stirred to that notion. Heaping together Muslims, or certain Muslims, or certain extremists. Also, the information given in the first post that Muslims would be offended by this story is in fact an indirect insult, imho.

And my post was not a bash. As I said, SOME Christian Americans promoted the burning and banning of Harry Potter books. I did not say all Christians, and I did not say all Americans, and I did not say all American Christians.

Now get over your bitterness with me from the "Soul" thread myrmaad. If you do not like what I say in my posts feel free to disregard them, and this catty behaviour between us both can stop.

myrmaad
23-01-08, 23:30
Funny, now that you bring that up, I noticed you continued to bash me there, even after I was long gone from the conversation. We have a name for that where I'm from.

I'm pretty certain that the intention of the government agency is to deal with racism, thereby they are erring on the side of safety and taking it too far. That's government for you.

coolezpunk
23-01-08, 23:34
*sigh* :rolleyes: Another nursery rhyme issue... I don't really give a crap anymore...

Little-Lara
23-01-08, 23:37
Of course it's not offensive. I think calling the story 'offensive' is offensive.

Forwen
23-01-08, 23:38
Post 9 and 13 got be stirred to that notion. Heaping together Muslims, or certain Muslims, or certain extremists. Also, the information given in the first post that Muslims would be offended by this story is in fact an indirect insult, imho.

Then give names; I hate when people just wiggle eyebrows and don't make it clear who they are talking to.

I wasn't drawing a line between Muslims and the rest of the world, I was drawing a line between extremists and reasonable folk. In this case, yes, Muslim extremists, by suggesting the British government (they seem to excel in political correctness even on European scale) acts like they're a bunch of them in disguise.

Or are you claiming that the mention of Muslim extremists is offensive to Muslims? *cackle*

SamReeves
23-01-08, 23:43
Of course it's not offensive. I think calling the story 'offensive' is offensive.

Indeed!

*looks in the fridge for pork sausage* :cln:

GodOfLight
23-01-08, 23:47
Or are you claiming that the mention of Muslim extremists is offensive to Muslims? *cackle*

no one likes being called an extremist. spinning it to the other side, i don't think there are too many so-called Christian extremists who just LOVE defining themselves as such. :D

DREWY
23-01-08, 23:54
May be an Ozzie thing, "American Christians" would never stand for that.

Mark my words. Its comming. Stupidity is contagious.

Shark_Blade
24-01-08, 00:31
Arghh, I typed a long post and my browser screwed up :(

But anyway, I'm a Muslim and I think this is stupid. Once, I heard kindergarten/school even ban the 'Little Red Riding Hood' story because it's too violent (the part where the hunter killed the wolf with an axe). :rolleyes: Wow, so does that mean I lived a violent childhood? Its bloody well not!

Quasimodo
24-01-08, 01:34
Pretty soon all forms of representational art will be considered too offensive :wve:

Evangelina
24-01-08, 04:59
This is ridiculous! Who cares? I doubt Muslims are offended by the use of pigs in a children's nursery rhyme, my mums a Muslim she couldn't care less and I'm not religious but I was raised with some of the Muslim values and I don't find it offensive.

It's just like changing 'Baa Baa black sheep" to 'Baa Baa Rainbow sheep' because it's racist.

I remember I used to go to a highly catholic school when I was younger and we weren't allowed to call anything living black (so said the principal), say if a black cat walked by we couldn't say "Hey lookie it's a black cat!" we had to say 'Hey look it's a cat of colour" or "an African American cat".
Because we had to respect all races and calling something (other than a human) black or asian is insulting.

...to white people.

Anywho it's safe to say a lot of parents took their children out of Prescott Primary.

Lara's Backpack
24-01-08, 07:36

why not just ban all nursery rhymes....wft :mad:

why not just ban all religious bias when it comes to the goverment?

Shark_Blade
24-01-08, 08:43
^^ It's now changed. All the primary teachers I know now sing "bah bah little sheep"Bah Bah little sheep? It doesn't even rhyme anymore. :rolleyes: What a killjoy, my pity to the children who live in this new era.

rowanlim
24-01-08, 12:42
Bah Bah little sheep? It doesn't even rhyme anymore. :rolleyes: What a killjoy, my pity to the children who live in this new era.

@Sharkblade: Bodoh kan...Orang Malaysia pun takkan fikir nak bebel ttg benda sekecil ni... :mad:

Really idiotic...as if young Muslim kids are gonna start playing with pigs after listening to the story...ugh

Aria
24-01-08, 13:25
political correctness needs to wake up to the real world!!

Forwen
24-01-08, 15:36
Oh wait, does that offend builders as well? No worries - most of 'em are Poles with poor English anyway. Ha.

mizuno_suisei
24-01-08, 16:20

Hi Drewy :wve:

This may not be true (About the Xmas/Easter in Schools) or it just doesnt seem to apply for Western Australia, but I recently wen't to my cousins first day of school (Pre-Primary) and the first thing the teacher asked "What did you all get for christmas" So I dont know what the deal with that could be.

Encore
24-01-08, 17:06
Pretty soon all forms of representational art will be considered too offensive :wve:

And then we'll be burning books! ESPECIALLY "Three Little Pigs". That instrument of evil...

Edit: Drewy, that "madness" doesn't seem peculiar to ALL christian countries at all. Portugal's a catholic country and we don't have this kinds of issues (and we have a relatively multi cultural society). The thing is, we don't have all that many muslim communities and those we have are completely integrated, no one even notices them. Perhaps the paranoia is bigger in countries who are more obsessed with the stereotype of the violent muslim person (like the US), or whose muslim communities are more segregated (like France).

jackles
24-01-08, 19:08
I checked at our school today and yes we still sing Baa baa black sheep. and we have about 34 different languages spoken here!

in these arms
24-01-08, 19:25
Crap.

kryptonite23
25-01-08, 05:39
*stunned* :o

Shark_Blade
25-01-08, 08:27
@Sharkblade: Bodoh kan...Orang Malaysia pun takkan fikir nak bebel ttg benda sekecil ni... :mad:

Really idiotic...as if young Muslim kids are gonna start playing with pigs after listening to the story...ughLOL I agree with you rowanlim :D

Ikas90
25-01-08, 10:54
As soon as I saw the title, the first thing that came to my mind was:

http://rfinfo.net/gallery/img/78/2/wtf.jpg

Ok, now seriously, I underestimated that time.

rowanlim
25-01-08, 15:15
As soon as I saw the title, the first thing that came to my mind was:

http://rfinfo.net/gallery/img/78/2/wtf.jpg

Ok, now seriously, I underestimated that time.

Hahaha cute picture :vlol:

Sigh...it's annoying that other people try to impose stupid old-fashioned ideas on others... :mad:

kooky
25-01-08, 15:54
That is really Stupid, how in the world is a book like The Three Little Pigs Offensive, it doesn't have anything offensive, This book, Like Red riding hood they are treating these Children's book like they are South Park! :mad: