PDA

View Full Version : Wow, somebody needs to relax.

TombFreak
24-01-08, 00:46
Poor kid, just asked for a snowday thats all.

Play the vid on yahoo, ( the " get over it kid " ) I couldn't find it on Youtube.

http://www.yahoo.com/

bloodstormaoa
24-01-08, 00:52
I have to say....she has a point! A very valid one!

Quasimodo
24-01-08, 00:57
She probably received many messages complaining about the snow day before he sent her one; I guess it was the straw that broke the miserable cow's back :rolleyes:

bloodstormaoa
24-01-08, 00:59
Maybe I'm misunderstanding? Do students have a right to call a school officials home? :confused:

Lenochka
24-01-08, 00:59
What a *****
Sure she might have a point but she doesn't have to be such a goon about it. I kind of hope on there next snow day they all pelt her with snow balls :vlol:

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-08, 01:20
LOL! Wow, you go girl. :tmb:

That was rude and disrespectful of the student to do that. He/she deserved to get their butt chewed. :vlol:

Gregori
24-01-08, 01:25
What a *****
Sure she might have a point but she doesn't have to be such a goon about it. I kind of hope on there next Lava day they all pelt her with Lava balls :vlol:

Fixed for the purpose of more spite :D

interstellardave
24-01-08, 01:52
I can't imagine anyone not applauding this woman for calling back and leaving that message! :confused:

*realizes this topic isn't in mature general chat*

Oh, okay...

Anyway I love what she did! The punk was 17, after all, not 10...

TombFreak
24-01-08, 02:01
He was seventeen! I thought he was like 8,9, or 10! Anyway, he deserves it then!!!

CAISACO
24-01-08, 02:02
Poor kid, just asked for a snowday thats all.

Play the vid on yahoo, ( the " get over it kid " ) I couldn't find it on Youtube.

http://www.yahoo.com/

Omg :vlol:

Wow

Spitfire
24-01-08, 02:04
Wow, seriously the wife had the right, it is her personal phone!

Here's the Youtube Link
51Ray88-p2Y

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-08, 02:09
I can't imagine anyone not applauding this woman for calling back and leaving that message! :confused:

*realizes this topic isn't in mature general chat*

Oh, okay...

Anyway I love what she did! The punk was 17, after all, not 10...

AGREED! :yah:

Kids know no respect these days.

Tihocan9
24-01-08, 02:12
AGREED! :yah:

Kids know no respect these days.

Thats rather stereotypical of you isn't it? Unless you know every kid personally no one has the right to say that kids in general have no respect, some kids don't I agree but there are a lot who care about being respectful, and the job of being responsible is a 50/50 deal parents must teach and child must obey. But I agree they had no rightful reason to act that way.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-08, 02:20
Some do, yes, perhaps I was a little stereotypical, but a lot don't. When I say "kids", I'm referring to people my age as well, I'm only 21. There's an amount of respect that needs to be shown to the elderly and people of authority. It's something we don't see a whole lot from people around my age and under. Like I just said, some do, but it appears that the majority doesn't. And yes, you're right, the parents are responsible for this as well by not teaching their kids.

Better? ;)

Tihocan9
24-01-08, 02:31
Some do, yes, perhaps I was a little stereotypical, but a lot don't. When I say "kids", I'm referring to people my age as well, I'm only 21. There's an amount of respect that needs to be shown to the elderly and people of authority. It's something we don't see a whole lot from people around my age and under. Like I just said, some do, but it appears that the majority doesn't. And yes, you're right, the parents are responsible for this as well by not teaching their kids.

Better? ;)

I agree with you, far to often do I see my friends and classmates being highly disrespectful, I am not saying I have never ben disrespectful because I have but I try not to. But respect is something our society needs to work on again, it has been slipping. It was nothing personal I just never like it when people are stereotyped expecially when it takes away the meaning of my own actions of trying to be a little more respectful than others.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-08, 02:49
You're right though, I shouldn't have stereotyped to that extent. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

TombFreak
24-01-08, 03:03
Wow, seriously the wife had the right, it is her personal phone!

Here's the Youtube Link
51Ray88-p2Y

Thanks for the Youtube link Spitfire.:hug:

Lenochka
24-01-08, 03:09
51Ray88-p2Y

Oh snap! They shouldnt have tried to contact him :O
His wife will go barbaric on the people at CNN! :vlol:

Camera Obscura
24-01-08, 03:21
Oh snap! They shouldnt have tried to contact him :O
His wife will go barbaric on the people at CNN! :vlol:

Just what I was thinking. :vlol:

coolezpunk
24-01-08, 03:57
Whoa! Like the dude reporter said, "Wow, what a story!" :)

myrmaad
24-01-08, 08:19
hm hm hm..

Let's see. You could "UNlist" your phone number.

You could turn off your ringer at night.

You could use your private and unlisted cell phone for personal calls.

You could have the calls forwarded to an answering service.

You could set up a recorded snow hot line. (what most municipalities do).

Going postal on a kid? I think she may have forgotten to take her meds.

People are so rude these days, and it's not only accepted, it's applauded. I'm embarrassed for her and everyone who thinks it's ok to over-react like a mental case. Why should the teenager be expected to be respectful, when the adult can't even maintain her own composure?

Another "give me a break" from this reader.

george_croft
24-01-08, 08:31
Err, turn off your phone ? *******.:rolleyes:

Lenochka
24-01-08, 10:48
I see where this kid is coming from now!

Last night we got 10 inches of snow and its 9 degrees outside, Yet we still have school!
Since my rides parents are making him take the day off due to the horrible weather i have to walk 2 miles to school! ; - ;

interstellardave
24-01-08, 11:11
This "kid" is 17 and he crossed a line... apparently others had done so as well, recently. So the lady snapped a little... so what? He had it coming! I'm sure they won't have a listed number anymore--but that should never have been the point of this story anyway.

myrmaad
24-01-08, 11:15
Their phone is a listed number. End of. I don't see how he was going over the line, surely she went way farther over any line.

And if you have a listed number, anyone has a right to call you. Student or not.

This is just my opinion.

interstellardave
24-01-08, 11:37
Their phone is a listed number. End of. I don't see how he was going over the line, surely she went way farther over any line.

And if you have a listed number, anyone has a right to call you. Student or not.

This is just my opinion.

If he technically had a Right to call her, fine. I never said he didn't--it's not illegal. It is ridiculous though. You know you're just being a smart-ass doing that, especially at 17 years of age. I just think she put him in his place, that's all.

I also hasten to point out we don't know the content of his message... give her the benefit of the doubt for getting riled up about it!

myrmaad
24-01-08, 11:54
You know what really sent me over the edge, "snotty nosed little brats". If he doesn't like the kids calling his house, he should have handled it, however he decides to handle it. He took that job, and it's his responsibility.

She on the other hand, only embarrassed herself, in my view. If these people were in my own community you can be sure I'd be giving them both grief, along with letting them know how they'd completely lost all my respect. You just don't do that kind of crap.

I wrote his office an email:

Who is Mr. Tistadt's direct supervisor?

Please inform them that it is not illegal nor harassment to call a public official at home, IF THEIR PHONE NUMBER IS PUBLICLY LISTED.

I realize that Mrs. Tistadt does not work for your county, but don't you think it reflects poorly on Mr. Tistadt that she thinks so little of children that she calls them "snotty nosed brats"? Maybe she resents his job, but that's no reason to take it out on a kid.

I live in Delaware and up here 3 inches of snow is practically a state of emergency, people panic and drive poorly as they are not used to it. However, regardless of that situation or any determination made, if you don't want to get calls at home, unlist your number, or turn off your phone. Get a cell phone for emergencies.

Punaxe
24-01-08, 16:23
I don't understand why on the last three pages everyone has been applauding the wife's response. I agree with myrmaad, and I don't think the boy "crossed the line" calling. Canada had a lot of snowfall in that period, and the distances there are huge. It certainly was a situation to consider a snowday, and I believe it is only fair to (ask to) be informed of the reason why a snowday is or is not given.

Lara's home
24-01-08, 16:27
I can't find any 'get over it kid!' video. :confused: :(

dinahcat
24-01-08, 16:29
When I was in college, we never once had a snow day, even in dangerously freezing conditions. The local government actually went on the news and told people to stay home because it was so cold outside. On top of the temperature, we had about 3 feet of snow...no snow day.

So all of us in the English Department stages a stay home. No one showed up for class at all! Our protest got local media coverage and the school was blasted for it's callousness.

Did it change anything...sadly...no.

In this kid's place, he should have placed his call elsewhere. To the school, the local government "help line" (I know we have one), even the media. A call to this [erson's home couldn't have done anything. he ahould have made his call count POSITIVELY instead of the negativity it has sparked.

Melonie Tomb Raider
24-01-08, 16:30
This "kid" is 17 and he crossed a line... apparently others had done so as well, recently. So the lady snapped a little... so what? He had it coming! I'm sure they won't have a listed number anymore--but that should never have been the point of this story anyway.

Agreed. :tmb:

ben croft
24-01-08, 16:31
Ok I don't get it... could someone explain me what happened?? :confused:

Sorry

Lara's home
24-01-08, 16:35
I just saw it. What a *****!
I call/text my teacher every time I have the smallest question, for heavens sake!
I hope she gets fired. :(