PDA

View Full Version : Make up.

touchthesky
25-01-08, 12:00
Anyone a fan? I, am unfortunately one of those people who can't leave the house without eyeliner often.

Colour! I love colour. I love doing my make up colourful.

I love leapord print make up, I'll try get a photo some time to show you mine..

So yeah, :] share your make up hints, tips, questions and secrets.

Greenkey2
25-01-08, 12:05
I avoid it 99% of the time :p When I go out for special ocassions I usually stick to the bare minimum: eyeshadow, mascara and lip colour (sometimes with gloss).

Hate wearing eyeliner because I can't see properly to put it on and I wear contacts (I only have decent sight in one eye) :rolleyes:

Has anyone else ever tried using henna on their skin? I've played with it a few times and loved the results :D

touchthesky
25-01-08, 12:06
I've never used henna, but I have a huge problem with Lip products, purely because I can never find the right colours :(.

Reds look okay on me but it's quite an extreme colour, so for subtle day-time make up I'd love to find the right colour.

Marija_Croft
25-01-08, 12:11
All of my friend in school have makeup, but I don't wear it, I put a lip gloss and mascara sometimes when we have a party or something like that, but never if I go to school. Neither does my mother. :p She wears makeup when we have celebrations, if it's a really big one, she puts makeup on.

But I guess I will wear makeup when I grow up a bit. :p

Voni
25-01-08, 12:17
I was hoping a thread like this would show up!

I don't wear it everyday, but I'm a fan a brightly coloured pencil eyeliners. I have about every colour under the sun, my favourites are my purple and green ones. Mind you, black kohl pencils are the original and best.

Also, Barry M for the win!

touchthesky
25-01-08, 13:01
I only just managed to perfect the "flick" the other day! I was proud lol that I took a photo at like 7am when i first did it.

I think one of the main things that people forget with make up is to take it off.

I hate waking up with Zombie eyes.

rowanlim
25-01-08, 13:13
I never wear makeup...for important functions, I just put lip gloss...my eyes keep flickering when someone (a patient friend) puts mascara for me...then I don't really need any powder on my face because (I'm not bragging, just being honest) I've good skin. So I'm a noob in make up :)

petujaymz
25-01-08, 13:24
I'm often accused of wearing make up; I've got long eyelashes that'll all.

It's such a burden... ;)

:wve:

touchthesky
25-01-08, 13:33
I'm jealous, I have to use LAYERS of mascara to get my lashes looking good lol!

Does anyone know what brand does REALLY light powder/'dation? I can't find any anywhere anymore, and dark stuff makes me look like a tangerine

clairelovestlc
25-01-08, 14:31
I dont wear makeup! Except maybe a splash of lip gloss if im going out somewhere nice

Rexie
25-01-08, 14:52
I don't wera make up,just put a little bit of lip stick if its a really special..umm..."time" XD

seriously I can't stand it,one of my friends,when she sees something on her face she is acting like this "ZOMGAWD!!!WHERE IS MY FOUNDDTION!!QUICK!!!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!!!!ITS GROZZZ!!!"

CuteKittenlol
25-01-08, 15:21
I only wear it on my eyes XD I proper cake on mascara, and wear liquid eyeliner on my top eyelids, and I'll probably wear some bright blue eye shadow too :D That's about it really, except maybe some lip gloss...I never wear foundation or anything like that, it wrecks my skin XD

Thorir
25-01-08, 15:24
I use kohl sometimes. :D
Like Jack Sparrow!

http://www.adressa.no/multimedia/archive/00660/Piratesdyp_jpg_660369f.jpg

~*~Chloe~*~
25-01-08, 15:25
I wear wear silver eyeshadow, black eyeliner and black mascara. Occasionally clear gloss

touchthesky
25-01-08, 15:26
I really want to try blue mascara but I'm not sure if it will suit me at ALL.

Marija_Croft
25-01-08, 15:30
^ You should try that. :tmb:

knutroald
25-01-08, 15:31
No, don't wear make up. But I'm a guy, so .. lol

But my friends mom is obsessed with make up, I've never seen her without make up. Ever. She puts on tons of make up just to check the mail:p

glitterpaws
25-01-08, 15:37
I'm just one of the people who cant live without makeup. my schoolbag is full of it, lipglosses, foundations eyeshadows eyeliners and everything else, LOL

DickDan
25-01-08, 15:58
hell no. i hate the smell, the look and everything about make-up. why can't people just be themselfs without make-up and stuff? people look better without make-up.

P.S: i'm a dude if anyone is wondering :S

Tina Croft
25-01-08, 16:20
i can't leave the house without make up. i even wear it when i just go to a shop or meet my friends and every day in shool.
but i'm not proud of it. i wouldn't wear any make up if i don't look like a monster :rolleyes:

i wish i've never started with that. i'm feeling not good with make up but no more than without it :(

Encore
25-01-08, 16:23
Only for the eyes - eye shadow, eyeliner and sometimes mascara. But always black. :p

Nannonxyay
25-01-08, 16:29
I wear a thin layer of mascara. Everything else I just don't do with. Foundation is terrible, eyeliner is ok for my 'emo' days. What I hate is girls who wear soo much foundation they look like a freaking Oompa Loompa. This girl in my year does that, and our teacher always takes the micky outta her for it. :vlol:

Cord_Croft
25-01-08, 18:52
I love wearing it! Eyeliner and mascara. Can't use liquid eyeliner, it's nasty when it gets into your eyes! I went to the docs because my eyes went all sore the once, and he reckons i'm allergic to mascara, because my eyes go gunky after wearing it, which is crap. I just go without it now because i cba putting it on, and it goes all messy after a while xD

Bumio
25-01-08, 19:19
make up all the way :tmb: i cant leave my home if my eyes are not fully black (i always do make up on eyes very black) and also i cant leave my home if my hair isn't looking good :p

Ada the Mental
25-01-08, 19:50
I rarely wear any. It's boring, difficult to apply (for me at least) and even more difficult (and boring) to take it off. don't see the point anyway...
Only if I go to a party or something, or if my face is too blotchy, and never too much. Usually I can't be bothered even then.

vespertea
25-01-08, 19:57
hell no. i hate the smell, the look and everything about make-up. why can't people just be themselfs without make-up and stuff? people look better without make-up.

P.S: i'm a dude if anyone is wondering :S

I'm going to have to disagree, actually. :whi:

NemesisxAngelus
25-01-08, 19:59
I'm a girl and I hate make up. But that's my opinion anyway. :)

Betal
25-01-08, 20:01
I have been at school without make up sometimes. Everyone says I'm cute. But I always put on a LOT of make up some hours after. I hate to be out without make up.

Some people even calls me a make up doll.:rolleyes::p

Catlantean
25-01-08, 20:01
I wear eyeliner more or less daily (and more dramatic eye make-up when going out), but that's about it. I don't like how lipstick feels and that it has to be reapplied after eating or drinking, my skin can't stand foundation, and I'd rather sleep for extra half an hour than spend it applying make-up :p

meansizzler
25-01-08, 20:10
What's this infatuation with girls and lip gloss?..., do they think if they wear it and pant their lips some come cute guy he will come over and snog them?..:D

Desperate times call for desperate measure huh?...

Lavinder
25-01-08, 20:11
I'm jealous, I have to use LAYERS of mascara to get my lashes looking good lol!

Does anyone know what brand does REALLY light powder/'dation? I can't find any anywhere anymore, and dark stuff makes me look like a tangerine

Look out for foundation that is labelled "porcelain", I have the palest of skins and it looks fine on me - it's a really nice natural skin colour.

I cant go out the house without wearing make-up, I just feel so exposed. The only people I feel comfortable around without wearing make-up is my family and Jamie (my boyfriend).

Little-Lara
25-01-08, 20:17
Only a soft eyeliner and light colored lipstick does it for me.

BTW, did anyone here try the Bare Minerals Foundation, if so please let me know how it worked out, if it's good or bad and the details. Cause i'm thinking about getting it.

glitterpaws
25-01-08, 21:32
What's this infatuation with girls and lip gloss?..., do they think if they wear it and pant their lips some come cute guy he will come over and snog them?..:D

Well some girls do, but some do it purely because the want glossier lips:o

meansizzler
25-01-08, 21:52
Well some girls do, but some do it purely because the want glossier lips:o

Yeah right..., so is it a girl saying, the line "B*tch ***** Much"?, does anyone actually use it...

Seb_01225
25-01-08, 21:56
cant go out the house without my mac foundation on bobbi brown blush and diorshow eyeliners and mascara they are my MUST have things i need

erosan
25-01-08, 22:34
i personally dont like make up >.> i only put it on, when something big happends

SpongeBob Lover
25-01-08, 22:52
i never leave school with out my mascara, eyeliner and foundation :P haha, thats about it, but if i dont have it i need to borrow someones, its that bad (very gross)

AmericanAssassin
25-01-08, 22:56
Say what you want, but there are very few natural beauties... :whi:

I use lip gloss, eyeliner and eye shadow and that's it. Tried using foundation but my skin just looks weird. And I always ruin my mascara somehow, so I use the waterproof kind. But I hate it because it comes off too hard so I just end up not using any at all.:p

Perfect amount right there. :tmb: Not an extremely small amount, but not to big. You don't want to overdo it... :p

cristina8992
25-01-08, 22:56
I use lip gloss, eyeliner and eye shadow and that's it. Tried using foundation but my skin just looks weird. And I always ruin my mascara somehow, so I use the waterproof kind. But I hate it because it comes off too hard so I just end up not using any at all.:p

lita212
25-01-08, 23:19
i never leave the house without makeup infact i tend to wear it around the house too i just feel so much better if my makeup is on and my hair is nice. i dont like to sit about without being glammed up lol.
i have pretty bad skin so coverup and foundation, powder etc is a must for me along with a lil bronzer. eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara is also a major thing i need. without it i dont reconize myself lol. eyebrow pencil is great to fill in light eyebrows etc although ya have to be careful otherwise i end up looking like a drag queen lol.
lipgloss is the last thing i put on for the finished touch and plus my lips get sooo dry without it.

Greven
25-01-08, 23:24
I hardly ever wear makeup -- seems a completely alien substance to me. I tend to wear it only when my friends inflict it on me for jewellery modelling purposes or something.

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-01-08, 02:26
I use it every day. I have to. I feel naked without it. :vlol: Eyeliner, mascara and usually a combination of gold/silver eyeshadow/eye pencil are my essentials. Then I also use Bare Minerals mineral veil and colored powder. That's about as far as I go though.

HolidayCroft
26-01-08, 02:33
im a guy

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-01-08, 05:50
Can't live without it! Everday. :D

meansizzler
26-01-08, 06:24
I use it every day. I have to. I feel naked without it. :vlol: Eyeliner, mascara and usually a combination of gold/silver eyeshadow/eye pencil are my essentials. Then I also use Bare Minerals mineral veil and colored powder. That's about as far as I go though.

You really should give it up as for you Melonie, you don't need it, really....

Twilight
26-01-08, 06:56
chapstick, thats it. the natural look is the best.
i guess its just my nature to not rely on something if i dont need it. i'd rather look naturally beautiful 24/7 than to have to smear colorful chalky stuff on my face in order to look nice. that stuff makes people look older if they keep using it. do u even kno what you're putting on your face?

Evangelina
26-01-08, 08:42
Has anyone else ever tried using henna on their skin? I've played with it a few times and loved the results :D

I have, it's great isn't it? especially if theres heaps of nice patterns and all and it's really dark

hmmm...I'm not really a makeup fan but I do wear foundation and mascara sometimes, I mainly wear pink lip gloss.
Usually I wear eyeliner on special occasions, only because I don't know how to put it on neatly (shakey hands -__-) so I get others to do it.

pinklaralover
26-01-08, 09:20
Im not that mad on makeup, but i know i will be. I use it for when im going out special accasions but also when im going shopping. If i know im gonna stay in the house all day as its cold outside or something i dont bother.

Nannonxyay
26-01-08, 10:26
im a guy

Hey, guys can wear makeup to! Ever heard of guy-liner? :vlol:

star-dust
26-01-08, 17:43
If I do wear make-up it'll only be mascara.
I can't be bothered with all that other stuff.:)
Besides, you don't need make up to be
'beautiful'. :):)

Kerrigan
26-01-08, 18:22
I hardly wear any make-up.And when I use it, it's only eyeliner and/or mascara.I don't like the way lipgloss looks, neither the way it feels.And I don't think I need foundation.Actually I can't stand anything that doesn't apply on the eyes.
I feel so free without make-up, and I'd hate to be dependant on it.

Little-Lara
27-01-08, 04:00

Ohhhhhh yes, I did. It looks like a tattoo, but better IMO cause it comes off after one week. :D

How was the mineral veil and colored powder, cause I'm thinking about getting that. Was is safer than other companies? :)

CAISACO
27-01-08, 22:38
The only makeup products I use are in covergirl.

My daily makeup routine:
Foundation: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=160252&catid=107419&cmbProdBrandFilter=48716&brand=7833&trx=BSMMP-7833&trxp1=CPFP%2D9564&trxp2=0&trxp3=160252&btrx=BSMMP-7833
In creamy natural

Mascara: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=169205&catid=98577&cmbProdBrandFilter=50848&brand=7833&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=98577&trxp2=169205&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND
In very black

Eyeliner (winged look top and bottom eyes) http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=19119&catid=98579&cmbProdBrandFilter=3328&brand=7833&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=98579&trxp2=19119&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND
Black onyx
(You've seen my eyeliner in my pics ;))

Eyeshadow: Sometimes I wear it (covergirl only :p)

Lips: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=74996&catid=98641&cmbProdBrandFilter=3325&brand=7833&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=98641&trxp2=74996&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND
In that clear color

Corner of eyes (Bluish and purple circles :( but this covers them up!) http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=160473&catid=9569&cmbProdBrandFilter=2418&brand=7833&trx=PLST-0-BRAND&trxp1=9569&trxp2=160473&trxp3=1&trxp4=0&btrx=BUY-PLST-0-BRAND

:D
With out makeup, I can't go anywhere. And I'm only 15 too :vlol:

aBbii*
27-01-08, 23:50
i only do up my eyes... i wear thick mascara & concealer under my eyes thats about it. sometimes i wear blusher or eyeliner on the top with a flick but i normally get up too late :P

vaseline is an essential for me! need it everywhere i go. i use it on my lips, cheeks & sometimes eye lids.

star-dust
27-01-08, 23:51
i only do up my eyes... i wear thick mascara & concealer under my eyes thats about it. sometimes i wear blusher or eyeliner on the top with a flick but i normally get up too late :P

vaseline is an essential for me! need it everywhere i go. i use it on my lips, cheeks & sometimes eye lids.

I use vaseline too! On my lips, sometimes I'll even put it on my hands and feet... It's an intense moistuizer! I loveee it.