PDA

View Full Version : Prom

Tomb Raider Master
26-01-08, 13:00
:wve:

I've just returned from my prom last night. I have to admit it was outstanding, way better than I expected. With me having my birthday my friends made a total circus out of that, but it was great. I don't know about you guys, but we usually do some singing and dancing to make the evening more interesting. With all the preparations we had, it turned out simply amazing.

The best part was around 03:00 AM when me and my friend signed up for a contest in dancing standard and latin dances. We won, of course; (:D) it was a total euphoria and standing ovations. Best birthday present I got.

Anyways, a very enjoyable night with people I know and enjoy spending time with. Anyone else wants to share their prom experiences? :)

Earthcane
26-01-08, 13:06
Never knew you were of Prom age so to speak, TRMaster. I'd imagined you
as older :mis:

Nice to know that you enjoyed your Prom night.

Singing sessions? Hee hee, not sure I'd like to partake in that :o
Congrats on your big win, and especially on your b'day :tmb:

Have to admit that I never went to my Prom. We call it a Formal here.
I never really liked the guys in my highschool, so that explains it.

Also, never had the courage to ask a girl to go with me :o

Did you have a band playing??

Tomb Raider Master
26-01-08, 13:08
Never knew you were of Prom age so to speak, TRMaster. I'd imagined you
as older :mis:
Many people had. I'll take that as a compliment. :p

Did you have a band playing??
Yep. The singer didn't know all the lyrics, so she was lagging sometimes, but they did their job more than great. Thanks for the congratulations. :)

Ikas90
26-01-08, 14:28
Sounds like you had great fun, TRM! :tmb:

I have a prom experience. I wrote about it in blogbods.com, but for some reason it's not there anymore.

MrBear
26-01-08, 15:27
Seems it was a lot of fun for ya! And congratulations on the dancing :) I wish I knew how to really dance..

We have something equivalent of proms, with smoking and galla dresses and dancing langier (this was 2 years ago for me) at the end of high school.. I don't know if you have a queen and king or something like that, but I was elected the King at our prom that night :D it was great, totally mindblowing because I look nothing like a model (not that ugly either, but still) - but it was a blast and everyone looked gorgeous and my classmates came to the scene and cheered when I stood up there with the Queen :) I guess it was a bit like when people gave you standing ovation ;)

AmericanAssassin
26-01-08, 15:28
I hope you had an awesome time! :tmb: My prom isn't until the end of April...

Tomb Raider Master
26-01-08, 15:34
We have something equivalent of proms, with smoking and galla dresses and dancing langier (this was 2 years ago for me) at the end of high school.
Same here. We also had to dress up very nicely, but we didn't have the king and queen of the prom competition (we wanted to, though). Thanks for your comments; I hope you had a great time as well. :)

MrBear
26-01-08, 15:52
It feels good, doesn't it? Wearing fancy clothing that you probably won't wear until you get married or something :p

And if you're watching your team play against France, consider sharing my excitement in the handball thread that's got no replies... :p I mean, you're on your way to the finals! And your goal keeper just saved a penalty throw, amazing!

Tomb Raider Master
26-01-08, 15:59
It feels good, doesn't it? Wearing fancy clothing that you probably won't wear until you get married or something :p
Totally. :D

And if you're watching your team play against France, consider sharing my excitement in the handball thread that's got no replies... :p I mean, you're on your way to the finals! And your goal keeper just saved a penalty throw, amazing!
I'd love to, but I'm going to bed now; I only slept three hours tonight because of the prom.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-01-08, 18:07
Never went to prom. *cries*

Only thing I didn't like about being homeschooled. :(

Oh well, you win some you lose some. :p Hope you had a wonderful time! :D :jmp:

Tomb Raider Master
26-01-08, 22:11
Only thing I didn't like about being homeschooled. :(
Yup, it's one of those amazing things public schools bring.

xMiSsCrOfTx
26-01-08, 22:17
Aww, I'm glad you had a good time! :) I had an awesome time at my prom too. It's one of those things you just have to do. I'll never forget mine, even though before it I was like "Ugh, this is laaame, why am I going?!" :p

Archetype
26-01-08, 22:40
glad you had a good time,

Didnt go to mine.. anything to get away from the boys club.

TombFreak
27-01-08, 02:18
Your prom lasted until 3:00 AM!? If it were me, I'd be back home in 30 mins.

spikejones
27-01-08, 02:45
I didn't realize those things could be fun. I never went to many school dances, it was always awkward not having a date.

AJRoberts87
27-01-08, 03:13
Yeah, I usually felt awkward at school dances too. Although the prom (2006, for me) turned out to be enjoyable. :)

Sounds like you had quite a time, Tomb Raider Master! :D Hope it was a memorable experience. ^_^

Admles
27-01-08, 03:14
My prom itself wasn't that great. You spend the first part of the night looking at yourself in the mirror, the second half telling everyone else how great they look. I danced, which I hate, and the food was terrible.

The AFTER-Prom party however was awesome!

Little-Lara
27-01-08, 04:48
Glad you had fun Tomb Raider Master.

Hells yeah, my prom was AMAZING, it was in a gorgeous hotel in a huge beautiful hall with two freakin huge chandeliers, nice stage, dance floor, awesome food, and my dress was soooo nice and I felt like a princess. :jmp: :jmp: :jmp: Ours was from 6pm to 12am.

3 am?!?!?! :eek:

Yup, it's one of those amazing things public schools bring.

Yup. And Grad Night, the many field trips, a few special trips, pep rallies, in school with off days. :D

kryptonite23
27-01-08, 06:14
I love these kinds of events :jmp:

MrBear
27-01-08, 11:38
Didnt go to mine.. anything to get away from the boys club.

:eek: you don't know what you've missed.. don't know about this 'boys club', but that shouldn't stand in the way of you having a great time :)

I didn't realize those things could be fun. I never went to many school dances, it was always awkward not having a date.

Do you have to find a date date? I just went with two friends whom I had no romantic feelings :) (yep, two dates.. and they were among the most gorgeous girls that evening! :p)
But that might just be the custom in Denmark..

Tomb Raider Master
27-01-08, 12:02
It's one of those things you just have to do.
That's right. Don't you just love them? :D

Your prom lasted until 3:00 AM!?
It lasted until 04:30 AM, and then we went to a café and stayed until 09:00 AM. I slept for only two or three hours last night because of that.

Hope it was a memorable experience. ^_^
You can bet. :tmb:

And Grad Night, the many field trips, a few special trips, pep rallies, in school with off days. :D
...and many more! :jmp:

Glad to hear all of you had a good time as well.

Capt. Murphy
27-01-08, 15:13
I didn't go to my or any Prom. Why? I couldn't've cared any less. There wasn't any girls in my grade that I liked... Well, there was one girl I had a bit of a crush on, but she was a couple grades under me, and she smoked. I mean, she was cute, but... it wasn't meant to be. Besides. I was skinny, didn't have a (part-time) job, or a car, had some real bad problems with my knees.

I can look back and not feel bad that I didn't get to go or that I chose not to. But if I could've... If things could've been different... Yeah. It would've been nice.:( But, I know I would've been too shy and nervous anyway.

Tomb Raider Master
28-01-08, 15:57
^ Sorry to hear that.

Anyway, we had a "second night" of our prom last night in the nearby disco. It was a simple night out, and we went directly to the school from there, where we fooled around a bit and then went home. Anyone else has the custom of doing that?

dinahcat
28-01-08, 16:39
Congrats on your win AND happy birthday! I'm glad you had a blast at your prom!

Mine was meh, but then again, that was 20 years ago! (I feel old now!) :o