PDA

View Full Version : Iīm getting angry when the media trash TR 1-5

sandra croft
26-01-08, 15:56
Iīm getting angry when the media trash TR 1-5, I understand if they trash TR6 but in some reviews of TRA I read stuff like Legend being the first really follow up to TR1.:mad: Thatīs not the fans opion so they shouldnīt speak for everyone. I guess I just spoke for everyone but I think itīs safe to do so in this case.

Greenkey2
26-01-08, 16:04
Have you heard or seen any particular cases where these games have been hammered? Links?

You say that the fans don't agree with Legend being the first real follow up to TR1, and that you speak for everyone in this case. One look around this forum should be enough to prove that, although we all love TR, we all have very different views about the games. Don't tar everyone with the same brush ;)

Mad Tony
26-01-08, 16:26
Just get used to it. I have. A lot of game reviewers seem to see Legend and Anniversary as real Tomb Raider games and the classics as trash.

2kool4u
26-01-08, 16:30
not true at all, they only view TR AoD as trash ;)

Punaxe
26-01-08, 16:35
Well, it's only common to say that the cow has been milked out for too long etc...

Reggie
26-01-08, 16:36
I think the vast majority of magazine writers are pathetic. They all pander to what they think the publishers and buyers want to hear and so they keep on dragging up examples like AOD remind us all 5 fricking years later.
We've discussed their motives for this inside out and even the most staunch of AOD-haters reach the same conclusion - that they bring up AOD to get people talking. In other words, they use tabloid tactics to appease the masses.

I personally would take an established members word here over a magazine reviewer any day.

MiCkiZ88
26-01-08, 16:44
It's all about creating proper hype. Most of the mags do that unfortunately. Bash the old, welcome the new. It's just business. *sigh*

Angel_14
26-01-08, 16:46
I think the vast majority of magazine writers are pathetic. They all pander to what they think the publishers and buyers want to hear and so they keep on dragging up examples like AOD remind us all 5 fricking years later.
We've discussed their motives for this inside out and even the most staunch of AOD-haters reach the same conclusion - that they bring up AOD to get people talking. In other words, they use tabloid tactics to appease the masses.

I personally would take an established members word here over a magazine reviewer any day.

I totally agree. Actually, with bashing AoD, they are particularly shooting bullets into a corpse.

For me, these gaming magazines and sites are on the level of those Pop magazines writing rumours about Rihanna having sex with Jay-Z.

_Lam
26-01-08, 17:04
You said they shouldn't talk for everyone, but saying that fan don't agree is talking for everyone.

There's a lot of fan who liked TR7-TRA.

sandra croft
26-01-08, 19:24
You said they shouldn't talk for everyone, but saying that fan don't agree is talking for everyone.

There's a lot of fan who liked TR7-TRA.

I never said I didnīt like TR7-TRA because I do but Iīm sure most TR fans like all TR games. And I have seen several people saying that TR2 or TR3 being their favourite. Anyway I read it in Swedish newspaper but I donīt have a link.

Drone
26-01-08, 19:28
Iīm getting angry when the media trash TR 1-5, I understand if they trash TR6 but in some reviews of TRA I read stuff like Legend being the first really follow up to TR1.:mad: Thatīs not the fans opion so they shouldnīt speak for everyone. I guess I just spoke for everyone but I think itīs safe to do so in this case.

if it was true what they have said, then TRF hasn't had 30 600 members ;) To know people opinion there is no need to read the mags, just visit TRF