PDA

View Full Version : Dreams

maximum_123
26-01-08, 19:50
Ok, we've had a lot (and I mean a LOT) of threads on this topic, but since it's such an interesting one. I feel another thread is needed.

Some wierd dream I had was when I were sleeping... duh. And I woke up and loads of things happened then I got really scared and woke up again :D So what I mean is, in my dream I woke up and thought things were happening in real life but it was still a dream, how wierd is that?!
Anyone else had any dreams like this? Also, http://www.dreammoods.com/ is an awesome site to tell you about any dreams you have had and wonder what they mean.

tampi
26-01-08, 19:54
I can not think that they would say on the last nightmare I had. :pi:

Encore
26-01-08, 19:58
That site is awesome!
Today I dreamt I watched a really nasty car crash :eek:

Edit
Unbeliavable! This is what that site says about dreaming of an accident

To dream of a car accident, symbolizes your emotional state. You may be harboring deep anxieties and fears. Are you "driving" yourself too hard? This dream may tell you to slow down before you hit disaster. You need to rethink or re-plan your course of actions and set yourself on a better path.

..and that's EXACTLY what I had been thinking about before going to sleep (concerning a relationship with someone). Amazing!

MiCkiZ88
26-01-08, 19:58
I've had a few of those. They can be pretty freaky. Thanks for the link btw. :tmb:

I keep having reoccurring dreams and dreams that continue the ''story''. One dream has been going on for like years! I could even write a damn book of it. The weird thing is that for the past couple of years I can actually remember all of my dreams. I usually just slept so tight that I couldn't remember any of the dreams in the morning. That was for many years. Suddenly I just started seeing more and more dreams. Most of them being about love and friendship and always involving the same people! Same people but a different situation and somehow relating to the previous dreams. So it's like an never ending story.

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-01-08, 20:28
Some wierd dream I had was when I were sleeping... duh. And I woke up and loads of things happened then I got really scared and woke up again :D So what I mean is, in my dream I woke up and thought things were happening in real life but it was still a dream, how wierd is that?!

That is so weird, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday evening when I got home from work. I was really tired, so I took a nap. For the longest time I couldn't establish what was real and what wasn't. I knew I was asleep at one point, so I tried to wake myself up. I dreamed a little dog was biting my arm, and I struggled to open my eyes and wake myself up. I was fighting it, and managed to open one of my eyes a little, and the more i opened it, the more "invisible" the little dog was. Throughout thsi time I saw my mom in front of the door (turns out it was in my dream) and little random things like that. It took me forever to finally wake myself up completely, and when I finally did, my eyes were so heavy, my body wanted to go back to sleep. I was so scared though, I just jumped out of bed so I wouldn't fall back asleep.

Doesn't really sound scary, but when you can't figure out what's dream and what's real, and you can't wake yourself up, it just is.

NightWish
26-01-08, 20:46
Well I was in some ruin and I got a mummy out of there and brought it into my room. thn I typed sth on the pc and I revived it this way. then I started running and scraeming and then the mummy started talking and I found out that it was friendly and it was cold (ogh and it was female) and so I gave it a tshurt out of my wardrobe. then I woke up and I was wearing the t shirt I gave the mummy :vlol:

star-dust
26-01-08, 20:52
Last night I dreamt I was pregnant:p (I've seen way too many Juno commercials) and my mom bought this huge old house in the middle of some woods and had all these funky plans for it.

Buffy87
26-01-08, 21:18
I've had a few bizarre dreams..although usually I dream things that then happen. Like for instance , I'll dream about speaking to my friend and we are talking about whatever and then the next day it happens..we have the exact conversation. Freaks me out a little.
I also speak fluent French , German and Spanish in my sleep apparently and scream the house down on ocassion but I remember none of it - this is all what Ive been told. Not sure if that classes as dreaming or just plain bizarre.

My mum also has a recurring dream right before somebody in the family dies , now obviously I dont know how true this is but my mum tells me.. she gets quite upset about it actually. She also told my father he should go home and spend time with his dad the day before he died too.. so I mean I dunno. Apparently she is in a field and she sees a figure stood at the far side of it and just as she reaches the figure she wakes up.Apparently the day she doesn't have the dream, the following day somebody will die. Weird huh?

Tihocan9
26-01-08, 21:20
I had one of those dreams before, I was sleeping and woke up (into a dream but didnt know it) and I stepped out of my bed and the room disapear and I fell for into emptyness and then woke up in my room in real life, happened a while ago.

MrBear
26-01-08, 21:56
As interesting as dreams may be, I'd be much more interested in hearing what actually happens when we dream :) I know a little about the four sleep cycles and REM (Rapid Eye Movement), which is supposedly where we dream the most/deepest and in colour, but besides that... Anyone able to tell me something else about what happens when we dream, or point me to a website? :)

Edit: many of the 'tell me about your dream and I'll tell you what it symbolises' books (and apparently also websites now) are utter rubbish... like astronomy: 'oh, I'm a Cancer, so this month will be very good for my economy' :rolleyes:

tomblover
26-01-08, 22:01
I just hate, hate and hate dreams where you think you wake up, but, ta dah! It's a nightmare! :cen:

Betal
26-01-08, 22:03
Every night my first dream is that I'm walking. Then I'm falling and BAAANG. Then I wake up.:p

I always have strange dreams. About murders, friends, school or sexual ones.:ton::p
I love nightmares. There's nothing better. Like a interactive movie. xD

Beanz
26-01-08, 22:17
I'm not sure whether to call it a dream or not, but here goes:

I went to bed for a nap becuase I was completely tired, then when I woke up I was half dozing half awake and my whole right side had gone numb and I was dreaming I was falling but at the same time I was trying to wake myself up so with great effort I lifted my right arm up (Didn't know it was numb yet) and slapped my face on the right side but it didn't wake me up properly so I just lashed out and fell off the bed. Then I was properly awake.

Pretty weird huh? :p
Oh and everything apart from the falling dream was real. :).

tesorosbaby
26-01-08, 22:35
in 2006 I had a couple of stressful months - quite often in that time I woke up somewhere else in the apartment, kitchen with a tea was the best one :)

Woke up all sorts of places - quite scary when I used to wake up facing the wall :(

Didn't remember any kind of dream though.

My latest one is to sort of half doze off and dream about walking into something, and I quite powerfuly 'jump' - not good

Aurimas
26-01-08, 22:38

Tina Croft
26-01-08, 23:02
great site!

Earthcane
26-01-08, 23:15
Yeah, that is a really provocative site that I'll check out in
full sometime.

Anway, I dreamt last night that I was a Vampire.

Woke up choking on blood. Happened to be my own, though...

Geck-o-Lizard
27-01-08, 00:12
I quite often get chase dreams; I don't trust dream analysers much though. I'm not running away from anything, as far as I'm aware...

To dream that you are being chases, signifies that you are avoiding a situation that you do not think is conquerable. It is often a metaphor for some form of insecurity. In particular, to dream that you are chased by an animal, represents your own unexpressed and unacknowledged anger which is being projected onto that animal. Alternatively, you may be running away from a primal urge or fear.

Forwen
27-01-08, 01:11
Today I dreamt I skinned a dog and threw him into a shark pond. Well, there was more to the story but it was a me-or-him situation.

TombFreak
27-01-08, 01:58
One time I had a dream that I could skin my whole hand!!

Encore
27-01-08, 03:24
I just hate, hate and hate dreams where you think you wake up, but, ta dah! It's a nightmare! :cen:

I still remember a horrible nightmare I had like this, and it was years ago. I was being chased (which is terrible), all I could see when I looked back was a shadow. I "woke up", felt relief, and then saw that shadow in the bedroom door, and THEN I woke up for real. God damn that was traumatizing! :eek:

AJRoberts87
27-01-08, 03:39
I'm not sure whether to call it a dream or not, but here goes:

I went to bed for a nap becuase I was completely tired, then when I woke up I was half dozing half awake and my whole right side had gone numb and I was dreaming I was falling but at the same time I was trying to wake myself up so with great effort I lifted my right arm up (Didn't know it was numb yet) and slapped my face on the right side but it didn't wake me up properly so I just lashed out and fell off the bed. Then I was properly awake.

Pretty weird huh? :p
Oh and everything apart from the falling dream was real. :).

ROFL! :p That's happened to me quite a few times before... xD

I have a few dreams or nightmares once in a while that sort of continue a 'pre-existing story'. It's weird, because I can't remember until I start dreaming lucidly that "Hey, didn't I dream about this place already?" :-p Sometimes it's enchanting or amusing, but other times it can also be a little freaky. :-x

Does anyone 'visit' these recurring areas, maybe like... I dunno, a mountain or other landscape? There are a few that I've revisited many times, and I've actually started to look forward to visiting them again, hehe. It's hard to put into words, but some of these places are just so dreamlike (well, I guess that's to be expected :-p) and sort of ethereal.

Also, has anyone seen recurring "archetypes" in their dreams? The one that I've dreamed of most often is a sort of benevolent male archetype that always befriends me and lifts my spirits somehow. Not sure if the ongoing appearance of this particular archetype is a "sign" that I'm somehow "missing something". :p

Little-Lara
27-01-08, 04:45
I had a really really really really gross and scary nightmare about 3 days ago. :(
I saw that there was a nail file and a nail brush in my stomach, and after i woke, i was freaked out like crazy. :( :( :(

Shark_Blade
14-02-08, 00:39
Last night I dreamt I was an orphan and Count Olaf was chasing me with a knife like a mad man trying to kill me.

Weird dream.. :p

Bumio
14-02-08, 00:51
i dont have too much "visual" dreams, but when i do have, usually they are disgusting and scary :( like a week ago i was dreaming that i was in some kinda field, everything was in brown, white and black colors. i dreamed that i was running through that field from someone, i was very afraid and then i stopped and started to puke in blood :eek: :eek: it was so black... yeah... like i said... totally disgusting dreams...

vespertea
14-02-08, 02:37
I always have dreams of enormous, empty, "lost" public restrooms. Apparently I need to "cleanse myself, both emotionally and psychologically."

Hmm. :\

Twilight
14-02-08, 04:09
Last night I dreamt I was an orphan and Count Olaf was chasing me with a knife like a mad man trying to kill me.

Weird dream.. :p

lol. oh come on, every person has their weak spot :P

Ikas90
14-02-08, 15:43
I have dreams every night. I love dreaming! Feels like a better world.

I don't like nightmares, though.

AJRoberts87
15-02-08, 02:26
i dont have too much "visual" dreams, but when i do have, usually they are disgusting and scary :( like a week ago i was dreaming that i was in some kinda field, everything was in brown, white and black colors. i dreamed that i was running through that field from someone, i was very afraid and then i stopped and started to puke in blood :eek: :eek: it was so black... yeah... like i said... totally disgusting dreams...
Bleh! I had a dream once where I pulled a tooth out, and it was uber-long. o.O Then I had to cup my hands under my mouth because the rest of my teeth just blasted out of my mouth in a torrent of kool-aid-esque blood. >.O Not sure what the symbolism of that one was... :vlol:

I have dreams every night. I love dreaming! Feels like a better world.

I don't like nightmares, though.I agree, it does feel like a better world somehow! Even the nightmares can be kinda... interesting sometimes. xD

Greven
15-02-08, 23:13
Bleh! I had a dream once where I pulled a tooth out, and it was uber-long. o.O Then I had to cup my hands under my mouth because the rest of my teeth just blasted out of my mouth in a torrent of kool-aid-esque blood. >.O Not sure what the symbolism of that one was... :vlol:

That sounds like one of those dreams that are really disturbing at the time but kinda funny in retrospect :p.

I have recurring dreams about my front incisor falling out. It comes out intact and then I stick it back in but I put it in back to front so I have to take it out again and put it in the right way.

I don't think it represents anything though because it actually did happen to me when I was about 12.

EgyptianSoul
15-02-08, 23:19
I only see nightmares. At least I can remember only nightmares. And my dreams are always that "another human or a monster kills me or eats me" types.

ShadyCroft
15-02-08, 23:21
I once dreamed that I was on a school trip. We were on the bus going back to school. Suddenly, a storm came and it affected everything, the lights around us, the bus, even my watch (just like "War of the worlds"...come to think of it, I think I had this dream around the time I watched the movie). The bus driver lost his control and we crashed and I died. I remember I could feel pain. Then, I dunno how, I went back in time just afew minutes ago. We were in the bus and the storm had just started. Ofcourse, I knew what was going to happen, and I quickly held on to my site, but again we crashed and died. Then I woke up and I was feeling terrified.
Scary, eh ? but that was 2 years or so ago.

ben croft
15-02-08, 23:22
I'd like to know why every single night I have erotic dreams... last night I had a threesome :cln:

Does anyone here know something about dreams and can explain why I have so many erotic dreams??

:wve:

SummerBreeze
16-02-08, 00:02
I'd like to know why every single night I have erotic dreams... last night I had a threesome :cln:

Does anyone here know something about dreams and can explain why I have so many erotic dreams??

:wve:

Lol you horny devil you:p

I hate those nightmares when a robber or someone is chasing you and you are trying to run, but you just walk slowly lol. Or someone knocks on your front door and they have a knife, but you can't put your arm out to shut the door, or you can't push the buttons on your phone to phone the police lol.

I once had a dream that I was in the sea and saw a shark. I was shouting "SHARK" to everyone but it appeared no-one could hear me lol. Then when it came up close, it turned out it was just a dolphin and started jumping off over the waves:p I woke up smiling lol