PDA

View Full Version : Do you think

ECB
26-01-08, 20:40
that Tomb Raider will ever die? I mean, the video game series not Lara. I hope not, but there are only so many ideas.

vespertea
26-01-08, 20:41
I think it will eventually, yeah. That probably won't be for a long time, though.

PARANOIA
26-01-08, 21:15
that Tomb Raider will ever die? I mean, the video game series not Lara. I hope not, but there are only so many ideas.

This question doesn't even deserve answering.

MiCkiZ88
26-01-08, 21:17
Not anytime soon I think. Depends how succesful the next few games are and how well the third (if there is even going to be one) movie does. She's already an ageless character.

Paperdoll
26-01-08, 21:18
HERETIC!!

Mmmyeah it'll probably will. I mean, there's only so much you can milk out of a franchise, no?

star-dust
26-01-08, 21:28
HERETIC!!

Mmmyeah it'll probably will. I mean, there's only so much you can milk out of a franchise, no?

Yeah, and sadly, "All Good things must come to an end."

But I'm sure Tomb Raider still has a lot of years to come before no one will give a flying fig.

coolezpunk
26-01-08, 21:31
There's a possibility.... but I mean, if games keep on going successfully, and there's still fans coming and going, then it will never die!
But when it does die, Lara will ALWAYS be an icon. ;)

Mr.Burns
26-01-08, 21:48
This question doesn't even deserve answering.

Then why bother responding?

Yes, I think it will die. All things must come to an end. Lara will have her time and then move on into the pages of video gaming history.

NightWish
26-01-08, 21:53
Thee is one thing sure in the world - nothing lives forever

Nausinous
26-01-08, 21:53
HERETIC!!

I read that and burst out laughing! Shall I get a stake and some kindle, so we can BURN HIM! :mis:

Just kidding of course, it's a perfectly reasonable question with a perfect answer NO!

Lara will live on as long as her fans do. Where do you think they get the money to make the games? From us obviously! She might need a break in the next few years but she'll be back :jmp:

Betal
26-01-08, 21:58
Look at the Zelda series and Super Mario.:p

I think TR will last for at least 10 years more. :p

raiderfun
26-01-08, 21:58
Not anytime soon I think. Depends how succesful the next few games are and how well the third (if there is even going to be one) movie does. She's already an ageless character.

Ditto ;)

People are getting much more acquainted with Tomb Raider franchise especially with today's medias , so basically I won't get surprised at all in case that TR last another decade even 2 others who knows, depending on the sucess. ;)

But we should all know that as much TR is getting well-sold as much Eidos is going to be ambitious and won't have the intention to stop the serie. Just look at Final Fantasy, they've started working on the first opus since the 80s, and now the 13th is under developpement.

Finally, naturally every thing on earth has en end , let's just wish a long life for Lara and Tomb Raider . :)

nick-xx
26-01-08, 23:14
Look at the Zelda series and Super Mario.:p

I think TR will last for at least 10 years more. :p

Ditto, what i was going to say :). And also look at Final fantasy series :p

Gregori
26-01-08, 23:15
Next 3-6 years

Melonie Tomb Raider
26-01-08, 23:20
I think it will eventually, yeah. That probably won't be for a long time, though.

Agreed. :tmb:

Jacob x5
26-01-08, 23:54
It probably will, eventually. To be honest I'm not all that interested in new Tomb Raider games. Wake me up when Crystal Dynamics are gone. :p

Earthcane
27-01-08, 00:02
It might die, nothing lasts forever.

But I'd say there's life in the old gal yet :tmb:

knutroald
27-01-08, 00:49
I doubt it. I think she'll be like Bond;)

PARANOIA
27-01-08, 00:54
It'll die by the end of this decade.

rowanlim
27-01-08, 03:19
I'm idealistic enough to say she'd be here forever because we won't let her die :tmb:

BtoFu
27-01-08, 05:01
Yeah but it's already made it's impact, echoing here and there through pop culture. The franchise will fade out but there will be a sense of it for a good while to come - happens with all the notable entries in whatever field.

kooky
27-01-08, 05:28
Eventually, Tomb Raider, Mario games & Zelda games will all die someday.

oocladableeblah
27-01-08, 05:29
Eventually all games will die and then new ones will come out.

spikejones
27-01-08, 05:41
Hey, mario is still alive and kickin'. If Mario dies out then Nintendo might as well pack up and sell all their equipment on Ebay, he's their trademark game. I'm sure if Mario can stay around, Lara can do better.

I doubt it. I think she'll be like Bond;)
But the 007 games started looooooooooong after the movies did. I think there might have even been books before that, can't say for sure.

It's the other way around for series like TR and RE, those games were out long before someone decided to capitalize on their popularity and make movies. That in turn drew more people (like myself) to the video game stores to buy the new games. That's right, I'd never played any games from those series before the movies came out b/c I didn't have the consoles they were released on. But now that I have a PC that I've upgraded to run them, I can play the new(er) games. If only I could find a box set or the like.

kryptonite23
27-01-08, 05:42
When Lara will die ;)

ECB
27-01-08, 05:46
Wow, this thread is depressing. Kinda wish I didn't start it. Haha.

Rexie
27-01-08, 07:53
Eventually, Tomb Raider, Mario games & Zelda games will all die someday.

yeah :(

EgyptianSoul
27-01-08, 10:07
Tomb Raider, along with many other game series will be gone someday. I just hope the TR series dies with grace. Hope the last games won't be total failures 'cause then it would go down as the series that started high like a rocket and ended crashing horribly. Tomb Raider must end with taste and style. :)

Rexie
27-01-08, 10:19
Tomb Raider, along with many other game series will be gone someday. I just hope the TR series dies with grace. Hope the last games won't be total failures 'cause then it would go down as the series that started high like a rocket and ended crashing horribly. Tomb Raider must end with taste and style. :)

they will not be "gone" only forgotten...

lillyc
27-01-08, 10:27
Everything must come to an end. But hopefully Tomb Raider won't anytime soon.