PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions please

Itisichip
27-01-08, 02:39
OK, I am in a speech and debate league and I have to find a short, clean, funny, preferably 1st person story that I can act out. It does not matter if its kiddy (just not the "Fun with Dick and Jane" or "Dora the explorer" kind of kiddy). A friend of mine actually did a children's book and it did very well. Any suggestions?

Quasimodo
27-01-08, 02:49
So you're looking for a monologue?

Itisichip
27-01-08, 03:01
So you're looking for a monologue?

No, not at all. We do sorta......I guess you'd call them one (or two) person plays (though it can adapted literature of any kind.). In other words, you just play all the characters by using a different voice and posture for each one.

tr_rocks
27-01-08, 03:05
um...:confused: is it like a play or just reading?

Itisichip
27-01-08, 03:13
um...:confused: is it like a play or just reading?

It's like a play. Though we can use narrative too. So, if you have a suggestion that's not all dialog that's fine.

tr_rocks
27-01-08, 03:15
well give me a few min ill try and think of sumthing do u know about how long it needs to be?

Itisichip
27-01-08, 03:30
well give me a few min ill try and think of sumthing do u know about how long it needs to be?

Well, I'm only allowed to perform for ten minutes but we are allowed to make cuts or just do one scene or something like that to make it short enough. I have done a scene from "The Fellowship of the Ring" (the book of course) and my friend and I are doing "Alice in Wonderland" as a Duo (which is the same thing just with two people instead of one) But I'd rather it not be a very large book cause I don't have a lot of time to prepare this time. :(

tr_rocks
27-01-08, 13:44
oooh oooh try death note!!!! its manga but its good!!!! :D

Itisichip
28-01-08, 02:41
oooh oooh try death note!!!! its manga but its good!!!! :D

No, manga has never been done before and I'm not brave enough to be the first to try it. :) Plus, I just don't like manga. Thanks anyway though. Any more suggestions?