PDA

View Full Version : How can I get hair color like this?

Soma Holiday
27-01-08, 04:19
I've dyed my hair black before, but never anything extreme. I really really wanna dye my hair red, but a completely unnatural red...sorta like this...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/greenwheelfan/redf.jpg

(edited photo of me...)

any suggestions of a brand? Is there any temporary dye like this that I could try first?

thanx a bunch:o

Admles
27-01-08, 07:09
I would probably ask a hairdresser; they could advise you on the correct way to go.

Oh, and a girl as gorgeous as you does not need to do anything that fancy to look good.

Just the truth there.

Soma Holiday
27-01-08, 07:11
I would probably ask a hairdresser; they could advise you on the correct way to go.

Oh, and a girl as gorgeous as you does not need to do anything that fancy to look good.

Just the truth there.

Awe thanx. :hug: lol. I just wanted to do something wild while I can get away with it, before I gotta go out looking for a job lolol.

And I'll definately ask a hairdressar, just wanted to see if their was a temporary fix before I permanately dye it.

thanx!

meansizzler
27-01-08, 08:25
Do they even give jobs to people with hair like that?, your options are probably limited, try the emo sector...heh

Soma Holiday
27-01-08, 08:45
Do they even give jobs to people with hair like that?, your options are probably limited, try the emo sector...heh

I'm in college...don't get a serious job for about 3 years...that's why I want to have my fun now. ;)

Plus I'm far from emo...the look was actually inspired by my mass effect character, so if you wanna label me, the term Nerd would probably bode best...;)

Elysia
27-01-08, 08:57
I've had my hair that colour - you can do it on your own (depending on your natural colour) - I used to use that Wella mousse, but I don't even know if they sell it anymore... but I would go to the hairdressers if possible (I do now - it's more expensive, but it's safer! *coughmanagedtodieherhairturquoiseoncecough*)

Uh, yep? I've taught with hair that colour. End of last school year, I had it purple. The kids loved it! :D

As for the emo comment... cheap shot, that... dying your hair interesting colours doesn't automatically make you emo!

spikejones
27-01-08, 09:50
back when I was in high school, I cut my own mohawk. Then I bleached it and went through a variety of colors: red, orange, blue, purple, shiny jet black. And I did this while working at a pizza place as a delivery driver. It didn't prevent me from keeping my job, they just wanted me to keep my hat on:(

Any who, I used to get my stuff at a place called Sally's beauty supply.

Admles
27-01-08, 09:55
back when I was in high school, I cut my own mohawk. Then I bleached it and went through a variety of colors: red, orange, blue, purple, shiny jet black. And I did this while working at a pizza place as a delivery driver. It didn't prevent me from keeping my job, they just wanted me to keep my hat on:(

Any who, I used to get my stuff at a place called Sally's beauty supply.
Wow.

In my High School, if you turned up like that you'd be sent home and told to purchase a wig. The school rules stated that hair "Must be neat, tidy and appropriate for school at all times." Guys weren't allowed to have earrings either, and from what I hear its still like that today.

spikejones
27-01-08, 10:00
^Odd seeing as how you're location indicates you are from a country who's origin is a place where British prisoners were shipped off to. No offense or anything. I'd figure they'd be more lax on things like that.

Twilight
27-01-08, 10:03
that's one hot color. its nice to see someone wanting red hair than the usual fake-blonde.
ask a hairdresser, or maybe show her a pic or something.

In my High School, if you turned up like that you'd be sent home and told to purchase a wig. The school rules stated that hair "Must be neat, tidy and appropriate for school at all times." Guys weren't allowed to have earrings either, and from what I hear its still like that today.

all schools kill any type of individuality and uniqueness.

Admles
27-01-08, 10:08
^Odd seeing as how you're location indicates you are from a country who's origin is a place where British prisoners were shipped off to. No offense or anything. I'd figure they'd be more lax on things like that.
Whats even more interesting is that its not a private school, but a public school.

Uniform was also very stricts - shirts must always be tucked in, socks pulled up, correct colour socks.

No offence taken either, used to that. A lot of peoples still think that Australia is just full of British crims lol, when in reality, we have left behind the majority of British influences., and tend to be a fairly multi-cultural place; the British aren't really that popular here.

meansizzler
27-01-08, 10:46
I'm in college...don't get a serious job for about 3 years...that's why I want to have my fun now. ;)

Plus I'm far from emo...the look was actually inspired by my mass effect character, so if you wanna label me, the term Nerd would probably bode best...;)

You sure you don't want to hop to the Geek category?..

Nerd: Not necessarily into computers and have no chance of a social life

Geek: Into computers and have a slim chance of a social life

kryptonite23
27-01-08, 10:52
There something you need to add in the combination ;)

Rexie
27-01-08, 11:16
You sure you don't want to hop to the Geek category?..

Nerd: Not necessarily into computers and have no chance of a social life

Geek: Into computers and have a slim chance of a social life

...so this means I'm a nerdgeek...?I'm into computer and have no chance in life...

ON TOPIC:you should ask a hairdresser

tr_mitch
27-01-08, 12:12
In the salon i work... they use a thing called Wella Magma, which is like a bleach combined with red dye, it lifts hair to the brightest red you can get... but like all bleaches, it dries your hair out big style, you can get to that red just by using ordinary red dye though aswell depending on your natural hair colour. =]

Greenkey2
27-01-08, 13:35
Hey, wacky colours don't make you an emo ;)

Soma, for reds you can go permanent or semi-permanent. For both options you'll get a brighter result if you pre-lighten beforehand :)

My hair's naturally dark blonde/mid brown, but I much prefer it red :D This is after pre-lightener and permanent red dye (sorry about the lighting). I like Swartzkopf's Live range of hair colours (all the reds of course :D)

http://milward.org.uk/jenni/images/rainbowpic.jpg

But until you find a colour you like I'd stick with semi-permanents. The best brand I've found is called Directions (http://www.urbanitystore.com/fashion_clothing_brand/directions) (this just to show the colour range), because it doesn't smell bad, is really easy to apply and doesn't dry your hair out too much.

Just don't repeat my mistake of rinsing it off while you have a shower: I came out with lovely purple hair and bright blue skin :vlol: :o

lita212
27-01-08, 13:55
you would have to go to the hairdresser. if your hair is black then they wont be able to get it that red unless they strip the colour which would be really bad for your hair and could make it fall out and snap. they would suggest growing your natural colour out and then dying it.

TombFreak
27-01-08, 14:35
I wish I was you, I want to dye my hair like Hayley Williams. But no, I'm not allowed. The only thing I'm allowed is to do sun highlights.

Sun highlights- Thats where you spray you desired color on your hair ( only affects your visiable, but faint highlights ) after taking a swim in the pool, sit in the sun and tan and repeat for whole summer. My highlights are ginger.:)

And of course my hair is brown. It's winter in Arizona and I still have mine. I might buy some lemons and a few Q-tips and maybe make my highlights blond.:rolleyes:

Beanz
27-01-08, 14:42
Hmm, I'd say dye it a lighter colour then use the brightest red you can get. It's the only thing I can think of, unless you get it done by a pro :).

touchthesky
27-01-08, 14:48
Go to the hairdresser.
I spent over 50 trying to dye my hair by myself and it didn't work..although previously it has worked, so maybe I was just using the wrong kind.

Anyway, it's safer on your hair and your wallet to just go to the hairdresser.

Capt. Murphy
27-01-08, 14:56
I keep hearing about "Light Red" or "Brightest Red"... But that pic seems to me to be a Dark Red. I think it looks nice like that. As for what to do/how to get it?... *shrugs*

...Ask a hairdresser...
This is the perfect place. :vlol:

Wasn't there another topic where somebody said something about (?) ?.... Use Kool-Aid! :cln:

Soma Holiday
28-01-08, 02:03
Thanx everyone...I really don't want to bleach my hair cause it's really thin as it is, and I'd hate for it to damage it...

so I'll definately get proffesional hair help. lol:D

Evangelina
28-01-08, 02:32
I died my hair that exact same colour a couple of days ago.
My hair is naturally dark so it turned out a little darker than that but before I died it I had blonde streaks in so the red is alot lighter on the bits where my streaks were before (If my hair wasn't so poofy at the moment I'd post a pic, sorry).

I asked my hairdresser to do it for me. She used a mixture of 3 colours (to make it show up on my dark hair). unfortunately I only remember one which was Copper Red

But yeah to get it as light as that you'd have to bleach your hair

CAISACO
28-01-08, 02:32
Awe thanx. :hug: lol. I just wanted to do something wild while I can get away with it, before I gotta go out looking for a job lolol.

And I'll definately ask a hairdressar, just wanted to see if their was a temporary fix before I permanately dye it.

thanx!

I want my hair like that. But I'm too scared to get it like that because my friend did, and her hair eventually turned orange *bleh*
She even used the products the salons told her to use:confused:

digitizedboy
28-01-08, 03:21
my hair is naturally black.. but I want to dye it red.. I don't know how to do it. Actually I'm scared lol