PDA

View Full Version : Advice sought - Friend miscarried

Admles
27-01-08, 11:01
Hey guys

My best friend and his wife just had a miscarriage today. She found out she was pregnant on their first childs 1st birthday about 2 months ago, and today she was feeling that something wasn't right, and she is a nurse so she knew what it could be. Anyway he just called from the hospital and told me the bad news. They are both upset, as you can imagine, and so am I - their first child is like a niece to me, and I am in line to be her legal guardian if anything happened to them.

What can I do to help my friends get through this?

I don't think there's much I really can do; maybe someone who's been through this has some advice?

I've let them know I'm there for them if they need me for anything, but thats all I can think of.

Nannonxyay
27-01-08, 11:41
Just let them know that you'll be there, and try not to mention it too much, because she'll probably get upset. My mother had three miscarriages, before she gave birth to me. Just be there for them. :hug:

rowanlim
27-01-08, 11:54
Just be there for them. That's all you could really do. Support them through this :hug: :)

I wish them both the best, hopefully she'll recover soon

Earthcane
27-01-08, 11:58
Exactly, offer them your support, I'm sure that your more than a good friend.

My condolences for their loss, and also wish her a speedy recovery.

Ikas90
27-01-08, 14:42
I'm sorry to hear that. :hug:

My mother had one miscarriage between me and my sister, and I was upset when I found out. It felt like the future would of been much different. Just give them your support. If they do have any child, you'll be able to babysit for them.

Beanz
27-01-08, 15:04
So sorry to hear that. Don't talk about it alot but let them know you'll be there for them :hug:

SamReeves
27-01-08, 15:59
Time's the only thing that can heal the psychological wounds of this. I had a old friend who miscarried a few years ago, and it's something that still wears heavy on her mind. She finally had a baby boy last year. I suppose the best you can do is be compassionate but also encourage them to keep trying.

Admles
28-01-08, 00:08
Thanks everyone. I didn't sleep well last night, so who knows how they felt. I guess in a way I half made this thread to soothe myself as well as them.

Thanks again.

calico25
28-01-08, 00:16
there is not much to say. My girlfriend miscarried a few years ago and in a way, I am still not over it.

I was so afraid when we found out she was pregnant and when she miscarried, i was destroyed for years. Just be a supporting friend and know there really is not much you can do because they will have to deal with it in their own way.