PDA

View Full Version : Homework help

Evangelina
28-01-08, 00:28
Ok I'm kind of lazy right now but can anyone simplify this for me? My friend wants me to simplify it for her and I understand what it's talking about but I don't know what words to use to make it easier for her to understand:
(also I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but whatever)

We do not pay advances, but royalties are paid on the net amount of each sale concluded within each calendar quarter. The person receives a royalty statement outlining sales information, along with the royalty check.

We pay 40% royalties on retail sales from those sales originating from the CacoŽthes House web site.

We pay 35% royalties on retail sales minus distribution costs for those sales that originate from various distribution channels we utilize. Royalties are paid on a calendar quarter basis by company check. For Internationally, individual arrangements can be made in regard to the exchange rate

Royalties are paid on a calendar quarter basis by company check.

Thanks much :D

USP
28-01-08, 00:35
Ok I'm kind of lazy right now but can anyone simplify this for me? My friend wants me to simplify it for her and I understand what it's talking about but I don't know what words to use to make it easier for her to understand:
(also I'm not sure if this is the right place to post it but whatever)

We do not pay advances, but royalties are paid on the net amount of each sale concluded within each calendar quarter. The person receives a royalty statement outlining sales information, along with the royalty check.

We pay 40% royalties on retail sales from those sales originating from the CacoŽthes House web site.

We pay 35% royalties on retail sales minus distribution costs for those sales that originate from various distribution channels we utilize. Royalties are paid on a calendar quarter basis by company check. For Internationally, individual arrangements can be made in regard to the exchange rate

Royalties are paid on a calendar quarter basis by company check.

Thanks much :D

When you invent something, you can license the Intellectual Property to me. For example, say you invent no fly underwear(the "no fly zone") and get a patent for it. I think I could make money off of it, so we reach an agreement where I can sell your product, but I have to pay you a royalty (typically a percentage of revenue).
It sounds like every calendar quarter (3 mos.) they send the person a report showing how much money they made and what their portion is. They pay either 40 or 35 percent depending on the information in your post.

Evangelina
28-01-08, 00:51
Thank you USP! :hug:

Hopefully she gets it (because my simplifying was terrible)