PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot?

rowanlim
31-01-08, 08:50
Hey all, I wasn't sure where to post this thread, so if it's the wrong place, do shift it to the appropriate location :wve:

My question is: how do you take a screen shot? Not only in game but (I'll try to describe it the best I can), like I've noticed on this forums, I've seen like shots of the desktop background (like in the wallpaper of the month thread) etc, so I want to know how to I take the screenshot?

What software do I need? I'm a real noob in IT stuff...so be patient with me :o

Thanks!!! :)

Earthcane
31-01-08, 08:53
Dont worry Rowanlim, I suck at Comutating too :jmp:

Press the Print/screen key, next to the F12 Hotkey.

Go to Paint and click paste.

Maybe someone else will give you a betterr explanation, I'm late for a lecture-gotta run :o

:hug:

george_croft
31-01-08, 09:07
Do what Earthcane said if you want to take a screenshot of random things on your screen. But If you want to capture a screen from a game, download and use Fraps (http://www.fraps.com/). :wve:

rowanlim
31-01-08, 09:12
Thanks Earthcane, but I really don't get this part:

Press the Print/screen key, next to the F12 Hotkey.

What key is that? I'm using a laptop (don't tell me it's a stupid question, I can almost feel that :o)

EDIT: I got it. Thanks alot... :hug:

@george croft: Fraps? Is it freeware?

george_croft
31-01-08, 09:19
Thanks Earthcane, but I really don't get this part:

What key is that? I'm using a laptop (don't tell me it's a stupid question, I can almost feel that :o)

Hmm, on laptops i think its fn and prt sc ( "prt sc" should be the same as the "insert" button) :wve:

[edit]

@george croft: Fraps? Is it freeware?

Yes, there's a free version of it on the site. :)

rowanlim
31-01-08, 09:44
Hmm, on laptops i think its fn and prt sc ( "prt sc" should be the same as the "insert" button) :wve:

[edit]

Yes, there's a free version of it on the site. :)

I'm downloading it :jmp:

Just a question: how do you take the in-game screenshot with fraps? ;)

Greenkey2
31-01-08, 09:49
I take screenshots in the way Earthcane described, but for those in-game as well (I don't use Fraps, even though I'm sure it's excellent and you can also capture in-game videos).

Just hit Print Screen, then Start (return to Windows button), drop the screenshot into Paint, save it, then click back on the taskbar icon to return to raiding :D

george_croft
31-01-08, 09:49
Download, install and run fraps.

This is how the program looks:
http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q9/george_ganno/fraps_win292.gif
Under "Screenshots" there's all the kind of info you need. Just leave fraps running (it will not close down if you close the window) while in-game, and press the f10 button (i believe that's the default button).

Its very easy to use. :wve:

Drone
31-01-08, 09:51
to take a screencap use Printscr button. If you want to take a screencap of current window then use alt+Printscr combination