PDA

View Full Version : How do I keep my posters up?

DickDan
01-02-08, 23:59
I've tried everything, blue tack, tape, sticky dots. GAH can't get the damn things to stay up!. anyone?

jamieoliver22
02-02-08, 00:00
Blue tack usually works.. =\ Nothing else you can try really...

How about those double sided sticky pad thingies?

Thorir
02-02-08, 00:02
Super glue?

If that doesnŽt work... Sue.

glitterpaws
OMG, you even tried tape and it didn't work//maybe you should try using alot of it(blue tack, I mean I use blue tack all the time and it stays up, what is your poster made of?

remote91
Super glue?

If that doesnŽt work... Sue.
lmao.

Pins should do the trick, right?

nick-xx
02-02-08, 00:08
nails....lol.

NemesisxAngelus
02-02-08, 00:12
Have you already tried duct tape? Hm that's maybe too heavy, but atleast you can try it. :)

Capt. Murphy
02-02-08, 00:13
I'm thinking it might be because of the texture of your wall. If you don't mind the tiny pinholes in your wall (I know I kinda would) use some tacks to keep them up.

I'm curious as to how this thread can/will degenerate into something... racey -like the other one. Surely it can't happen. :confused:

Eh! maybe. Use a stud finder to locate nails, then use really powerful magnets. *shrugs* :rolleyes:

Vertigo
02-02-08, 00:14
Try hard language. It`s always work for me

Thorir
02-02-08, 00:22
IŽd still try super glue. :)

Reggie
02-02-08, 00:32
I use pins all the time. It leaves holes but ah well. :p

NemesisxAngelus
02-02-08, 00:32
Try hard language. It`s always work for me

LMFAO! I can see it already happening. :vlol:

coolezpunk
02-02-08, 01:56
Bubblegum. :p JK.
http://i27.************/28su2v6.jpg

Little-Lara
02-02-08, 02:25
I've tried everything, blue tack, tape, sticky dots. GAH can't get the damn things to stay up!. anyone?

Yes this is quite a problem for me as well. So I just do this. First I use strong/clear tape for boxes (not scotch tape) and I tape the corners, front and back. This keeps the corners of the poster nice and strong. Then I use thumb tack to pin them to the wall.

This keeps my posters nice and straight, but after about 4-5 years, the poster looks loose (not taut). So you gotta pin them again. :)

TombFreak
02-02-08, 02:26
Try like those pins where it has a big head and its really hard to push in.:p

tlr online
02-02-08, 02:27

Heavy Duty Brad Nail Gun should take care of that. :D

http://i25.************/301kbgi.jpg

Mr.Burns
02-02-08, 02:37
yeesh, be careful what you nail up there, otherwise you'll become a wall ornament. :p

spikejones
02-02-08, 04:44
if you don't have many of them and you want to keep them nice looking, get yourself some poster frames from somewhere like walmart or kmart then hang them with a single nail. otherwise, if you are going for a collage look with lots of posters, I used to tape the corners to reinforce them and pin them up (as previously suggested. Scotch or masking tape and other cheap adhesives tend not to work on latex or oil based paints, but the plus side is that you can probably get away with packing or even duct tape (simply tape the tape to itself in a roll, sticky side out and affix to the backside of the poster - keeps the front looking nice). I wouldn't reccommend any kind of glue if you move a lot like I did when I was younger, your posters will tear when you take them down.

Genocide
02-02-08, 04:46
get some gaffa tape...it'll stay up then!!