PDA

View Full Version : UFO Thread

ECB
02-02-08, 18:20
I just saw how tiny Earth was in that one post. So, it made me want to ask this.

Does anyone believe aliens and UFOs exist?

I sure as hell do.

digitizedboy
02-02-08, 18:22
Of course! I wish I could meet an advanced being. There would be so many questions I would ask it. :D

Draco
02-02-08, 18:22
I believe they exist, but I do not believe in them.

Tina Croft
02-02-08, 18:28
I believe they exist, but I do not believe in them.

same here :D

~*~Chloe~*~
02-02-08, 18:38
I think I do.
Has anybody heard of "The Sheffield Incedent'
I read about it in Sugar magazine this month
Interesting.

Bumio
02-02-08, 18:41
i dont know... the galaxy is endless, there must be other life out there...

ECB
02-02-08, 18:49
I think I do.
Has anybody heard of "The Sheffield Incedent'
I read about it in Sugar magazine this month
Interesting.

No, what happened?

~*~Chloe~*~
02-02-08, 18:52
Well. 15,000 witnesses came foward claiming to see a UFO fly over, lighting up the whole of Sheffield, and then it flew into some trees.

Some people said it could be a ghost plain, historians said their had been a crash in the EXACT spot but that had happened during world war 2.

Others thought it was a UFO being chased by RAF planes sent by the ministry of defence (the MOD denied it)

As 15,000 people came foward I would say its pretty abnormal. But I guess you should research it.

Indiana Croft
02-02-08, 18:52
There has to be intellegent life somewhere in this universe. I mean, the universe is too big to be so...empty. With numerous stars in the universe, the chances that we're the only planet with the sufficient means for life is proposterous.

ECB
02-02-08, 18:58
Wow, that story sounds like it could be a X-Files episode or something. Thanks for sharing the story.

Rivendell
02-02-08, 19:01
Yes, would be my short answer. :)

ben croft
02-02-08, 19:06
I have to when I am one of them.

:wve:

coolezpunk
02-02-08, 19:27
Before I saw that "Tiny Earth" thread I didn't believe that they exist. But now that I did, and realized that the universe is SO HUGE... there's a possibility.

EgyptianSoul
02-02-08, 19:28
I believe we can't be the only ones in a world this huge. It wouldn't make sense.

Survival
02-02-08, 19:34
Yes.

ECB
02-02-08, 20:09
I love your avatar Survival.

Drone
02-02-08, 20:31
seeing is believing. Never have seen it so I'm not sure yet

Earthcane
02-02-08, 20:48
The scientists tell us the universe is infinite.

Thus, other life out there is inevitable.

Will we ever find it or contact it in our lifetimes? Not so sure.

:tmb:

kryptonite23
03-02-08, 01:12
I am just wonderoing why UFOs exist :(

digitizedboy
03-02-08, 01:36
I had a theory recently that the aliens are actually human beings from the future that have evolved into mutants (through the way we treat our Earth in the present day), but they have advanced technology than we have now. So they are able to travel back in time through flying machines (What we call UFO's) and they are trying to find pure DNA to reestablish our race. Hence all these Alien abductions.

PARANOIA
03-02-08, 01:53
Of course unidentified flying objects exist.

If I throw a rock through the air, or somebody drops a pillow out of an airplane, it's an unidentified flying object until somebody identifies it.

And aliens exist, of course. There are so many species on our Earth that remain to be discovered, so how can we deny the existence of those outside of our own planet, especially since the universe is an infinite space?

What I don't believe are hippies who hang out in the desert in their RVs and claim to have been abducted by aliens, ironically after a few puffs.

Admles
03-02-08, 01:59
Just because the Universe is huge does not mean that aliens exist.

The chances of life happening are so rare, maybe this planet just got lucky.

Until I see an actualy extra-terrestrial, I will continue to believe they don't exist.

PARANOIA
03-02-08, 02:03

It's not huge, it's infinite. Ever hear of the "infinite monkey theorem"?

Admles
03-02-08, 02:05
Yes I've heard of it.

Its just a theorem though. *Yawns*

PARANOIA
03-02-08, 02:14
Yes I've heard of it.

Its just a theorem though. *Yawns*

But, as I'm sure you would agree, the universe is a VERY large space. Larger than you can comprehend. So, while I understand your position, the probability of anything at all, even a single-celled bacterium, existing outside of Earth isn't that bad.

Admles
03-02-08, 02:18
Oh dude, the possibility is there, I fully agree, always have. I basically just say that theres chance theres nothing, there's chance theres something.

I just prefer not to believe until I see something concrete, I've got enough to worry about without adding the possibility of an alien invasion :D

digitizedboy
03-02-08, 02:18

The chances of life happening are so rare, maybe this planet just got lucky.

Until I see an actualy extra-terrestrial, I will continue to believe they don't exist.

So you're saying life happening on Earth is like a lottery win? People win every week on the lottery.

ECB
03-02-08, 02:31
I had a theory recently that the aliens are actually human beings from the future that have evolved into mutants (through the way we treat our Earth in the present day), but they have advanced technology than we have now. So they are able to travel back in time through flying machines (What we call UFO's) and they are trying to find pure DNA to reestablish our race. Hence all these Alien abductions.

Well, never heard that one before, but anythings possible.

Agent 47
03-02-08, 12:02
i find it pretty narrow minded of folks to "not believe or entertain the idea of alien life"

thing with human beings is that the majority FEAR what they don't understand,as such they CHOOSE to deny the possibility of life beyond our solar system.humans think they're far superior to anything else and that's pretty shallow IMO :(

me, i'm not arrogant enough to have that mentality, i DO firmly believe in the existence of alien life, and i don't even need PROOF.

as pointed out in this thread already the universe is simply too huge for there to be nothing....somewhere out there they'll be conditions that are perfect to support life of some sort. just because Earth is the only planet in OUR solar system to support life doesn't mean to say planets in other galaxies don't, i find it unfair to think that :(

as for UFOs, yep they exist also, but they're simply experimental military aircraft IMO....man made :D

"there's always possibilities" :jmp:

have aliens ever visited us?,are UFOs alien craft in origin???? i doubt it, but the possibility is there for sure.

Earthcane
03-02-08, 12:05
i find it pretty narrow minded of folks to "not believe or entertain the idea of alien life"

thing with human beings is that the majority FEAR what they don't understand,as such they CHOOSE to deny the possibility of life beyond our solar system.humans think they're far superior to anything else and that's pretty shallow IMO :(

me, i'm not arrogant enough to have that mentality, i DO firmly believe in the existence of alien life, and i don't even need PROOF.

as pointed out in this thread already the universe is simply too huge for there to be nothing....somewhere out there they'll be conditions that are perfect to support life of some sort. just because Earth is the only planet in OUR solar system to support life doesn't mean to say planets in other galaxies don't, i find it unfair to think that :(

as for UFOs, yep they exist also, but they're simply experimental military aircraft IMO....man made :D

have aliens ever visited us?,are UFOs alien craft in origin???? i doubt it, but the possibility is there for sure.
I believe in Aliens, Agent 47 :o (*pats on back*)

Has anyone ever seen James Cameron's The Abyss??

I mean, there could be all manners of wierd and wonderful fish and sea-species down
there that we've nevr seen before. I think we should start exploring our own planet
more first, and let the space aliens come to us :mis:

digitizedboy
03-02-08, 12:33
I believe in Aliens, Agent 47 :o (*pats on back*)

Has anyone ever seen James Cameron's The Abyss??

I mean, there could be all manners of wierd and wonderful fish and sea-species down
there that we've nevr seen before. I think we should start exploring our own planet
more first, and let the space aliens come to us :mis:

Was on TV the other day, but I've seen it before. that's right though, the marine life look quite extra-terrestrial don't they? Maybe we should explore this planet of ours first.

Admles
03-02-08, 15:12

Because someone doesn't believe in aliens that makes them arrogant? Thats a pretty arrogant statement in itself.

Its the same as people who don't believe in god/gods - there's nothing wrong with not believing in things that have not been proven.

Anyway this will just degenrate into a silly arguement, so I'm going to ignore this thread now and let it carry on without me.

Agent 47
03-02-08, 15:25
Because someone doesn't believe in aliens that makes them arrogant? Thats a pretty arrogant statement in itself.

Its the same as people who don't believe in god/gods - there's nothing wrong with not believing in things that have not been proven.

Anyway this will just degenrate into a silly arguement, so I'm going to ignore this thread now and let it carry on without me.

the existence of alien life doesn't need to be proven, the statistical probabilities of life being out there outweigh the chances of no life...

so yeah! it damned arrogant and narrow minded, as i said, folks fear what they fail to understand,they fear the what if aspect, like aliens will actually invade and enslave us hahaha pfft

as for god...i won't even go there :D

ECB
03-02-08, 16:10
What does everyone think of Area 51? Do you think they do experiments and stuff there? In the desert, there's all of these signs saying if you trespass, violators will be shot.

PARANOIA
03-02-08, 16:12
What does everyone think of Area 51? Do you think they do experiments and stuff there? In the desert, there's all of these signs saying if you trespass, violators will be shot.

They have those signs everywhere outside military bases. :rolleyes:

ECB
03-02-08, 16:15
They have those signs everywhere outside military bases. :rolleyes:

Haha. Good point.

Survival
03-02-08, 17:14
I love your avatar Survival.

Thank you I love it too! *grin* :D

Obscure
03-02-08, 17:23
I think UFO's were frisbies that were thrown to hard and the people who threw it's drunken neighbours mistook it for an extraterrestrial encounter.

Survival
03-02-08, 17:32
I think UFO's were frisbies that were thrown to hard and the people who threw it's drunken neighbours mistook it for an extraterrestrial encounter.

Lol if you´re serious then that´s the lamest post I´ve read today :D And if you´re not then that´s the funniest one :D