PDA

View Full Version : Whats with these ads!

TombFreak
02-02-08, 20:50
There are ads on TV that are really not for that appropriete age group! The other day, there was this commercial on Nick, about this desease for teenager called megingitis and how its a rare desease but you can die from it and you get it by sharing sodas, kissing and close contact! I mean its like their showing 8 year olds that they're gonna die when they become teenagers! And why doesn't every teenager get this desease if you get it by close contact?

kooky
02-02-08, 20:52
There are ads on TV that are really not for that appropriete age group! The other day, there was this commercial on Nick, about this desease for teenager called meningitis and how its a rare desease but you can die from it and you get it by sharing sodas, kissing and close contact! I mean its like their showing 8 year olds that they're gonna die when they become teenagers! And why doesn't every teenager get this desease if you get it by close contact?

I saw that to, It is normal, Meningitis Some teenagers are infected with it, Not everyone dies of it.

Angelus
02-02-08, 20:52
There's one about a child who has a friend with Down's Syndrome, and it states that there's nothing wrong with it, and gives a link in case kids want to look at it more. I think they're educational and a good idea. :)

Although Nickelodeon should should show Sabrina more than once a day.

TombFreak
02-02-08, 20:57
I think they stopped showing Sabrina because one episode had foul language in a song. Anyway, they play on ABC family.

Angelus
02-02-08, 20:58
I think they stopped showing Sabrina because one episode had foul language in a son. Anyway, they play on ABC family.

I live in the UK, so I haven't got ABC Family. :(

TombRaiderLover
02-02-08, 20:59
Although Nickelodeon should should show Sabrina more than once a day.

Ditto. :p The best show on Nick.

TombFreak
Awww, that sucks! If I didn'thave ABC family I don't wha I would watch on days off!

nick-xx
Meningitis not everyone affect it and the older are you the less you will affect and also it has a prevention, so no so worrying.

Angelus
02-02-08, 21:00
Ditto. :p The best show on Nick.

And it's shown at 21:00, when someone is almost always watching the TV.

Awww, that sucks! If I didn'thave ABC family I don't wha I would watch on days off!

*Sigh* :(

TombFreak
02-02-08, 21:01
Meningitis not everyone affect it and the older are you the less you will affect and also it has a prevention, so no so worrying.

Is the prevention like a shot?

nick-xx
02-02-08, 21:03
my english is not that good you mean a vaccine?
if not, no but if yes, ya.

TombFreak
02-02-08, 21:04
Yeah a vaccine, since when is your english not that good?

nick-xx
02-02-08, 21:10
im not a native english speaker, and i still dont know lot of english expressions and vocabulary.

TombFreak
02-02-08, 21:15
Oh, allright, so now you know a new word for vaccine, shot. You do learn sometin' new evryday!:D

thecentaur
02-02-08, 22:15
there's a commercial on cartoon network about "All senior citizens should have Life Alert". I mean, what elder would watch cartoon network in the first place, and what kid would need this stuff???

nick-xx
02-02-08, 22:17
^ they do this because they also need money for these ads..

thecentaur
02-02-08, 22:18
^ they do this because they also need money for these ads..

then Cartoon Network is really desperate :rolleyes:

Twilight
02-02-08, 22:20
then Cartoon Network is really desperate :rolleyes:

oh please, like you'd turn down that kind of money.

anyway, i hate all ad's.