PDA

View Full Version : Adhd

Metal_Madman
03-02-08, 17:36
One important thing people should know about me, is that I have ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder ), or chemical unbalance in the brain.
And i want to learn other peoples experiences with ADHD.
Or if someone else here have the sane problem.

trXD
03-02-08, 17:38
I have never head of that disorder. What are the side effects?

Larson_1988
03-02-08, 17:39
Hi, :wve: I don't have adhd, myself, but i know many people who has it. Do you experience any troubles on the daily basis of it?

thecentaur
03-02-08, 18:00
i personally don't have it but.

clicky:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adhd

@Larson 1988:
It typically presents itself during childhood, and is characterized by a persistent pattern of inattention and/or hyperactivity, as well as forgetfulness, poor impulse control or impulsivity, and distractibility. ADHD is currently considered to be a persistent and chronic condition for which no medical cure is available. ADHD is most commonly diagnosed in children and, over the past decade, has been increasingly diagnosed in adults. About 60% of children diagnosed with ADHD retain the condition as adults. It appears to be highly heritable, although 1/5 of all cases are estimated to be caused from trauma or toxic exposure. Methods of treatment usually involve some combination of medications, behaviour modifications, life style changes, and counseling.

Larson_1988
03-02-08, 18:02
Yes, i know what it is. :) But there are a variety of degrees of it.

Metal_Madman
03-02-08, 18:47
Here's something caused by ADHD:
Feeling restless, often fidgeting with hands or feet, or squirming while seated
Running, climbing, or leaving a seat in situations where sitting or quiet behavior is expected
Blurting out answers before hearing the whole question
Having difficulty waiting in line or taking turns.
Action before thinking.

tesorosbaby
03-02-08, 19:36
I used to have it very strongly as a young kid - grew out of it in time.

I still have some tendancies - my hands never stop moving, if I'm not holding onto something I play with my own fingers.

MiCkiZ88
03-02-08, 19:42
I used to have it as a kid. I think I still am a tad hyper active. That combined with OCD is freaking annoying...

Larson_1988
03-02-08, 19:52
That combined with OCD is freaking annoying...

What's OCD?

tesorosbaby
03-02-08, 20:07
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Or as Richard/Blackgrey and I prefer to call it 'Fred the Fish' :D

clairelovestlc
03-02-08, 20:11
One the little boy's i look after has ADHD. He has meds for it, which settle him down a lot, but first thing in the morning hes unbelievably hard work! It's not his fault though, and once hes taken his meds he calms right down and is a lovely kid!

Earthcane
03-02-08, 21:54
I know people with ADHD.

I see no difference between them and my other mates :o

Fish.
04-02-08, 00:17
The doctor tried to rule out ADHD when I was 6, but my counselor thinks it's resurfaced here, 7 years later. But now I've talked to my therapist and she thinks it is Asperger's syndrome, an extremely mild form of autism. :(