PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl XLII - New York Giants vs New England Patriots

AmericanAssassin
03-02-08, 23:00
Seeing that the Superbowl is tonight, I feel that this thread is appropriate. ;)

http://i26.************/29prig6.jpg

:yah: GO GIANTS!!! :yah:

SamReeves
03-02-08, 23:01
Pats by two touchdowns!

Earthcane
03-02-08, 23:03
Off-topic: 'Fraid to say I know nothing about the Superbowl (:o), but just wanted to ask: are
they previewing the Iron Man trailer at the event?

Lenochka
03-02-08, 23:12
The football part of the superbowl is so boring, I usually only watch for the commercials everyone will be talking about tomorrow :3

Archetype
03-02-08, 23:12
might go watch it soon, its on BBC2.

(go patriots btw)

AmericanAssassin
03-02-08, 23:17
I'm from Indianapolis, so initially I wanted the Colts to go to the SuperBowl and win again. There's no way I would ever root for New England, because they're the Colts enemy. So, I'm rooting for the Giants... Plus, the other Manning is on that team! Whoot! :tmb:

EDIT: Yay! :jmp: New York gets the ball first! :yah:

myrmaad
03-02-08, 23:41
Pshaw the colts. I'm from Maryland, Buddy.

:) I went to military tech school at Fort Ben H, though, so maybe I'll forgive.

Go my Giants!!

tlr online
03-02-08, 23:42
Seeing that the Superbowl is tonight, I feel that this thread is appropriate. ;)

http://i26.************/29prig6.jpg

:yah: GO GIANTS!!! :yah:

Any online coverage?

myrmaad
03-02-08, 23:44
SCORE!
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/icons/yeah7nc-1.gif

Justin: NFL.com does a play by play with a field facsimile.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_id=29526&displayPage=tab_gamecenter&season=2007&week=POST21&override=true

calico25
03-02-08, 23:55
Screw the giants...I hope they lose by 50 to those cheating patriots.

AmericanAssassin
04-02-08, 00:26
UPDATE: New England is winning 7 to 3... Boo! :mad:

calico25
04-02-08, 00:51
that defensive line is the heart and soul of the giants. They are getting after Brady and he does not look so god like when under pressure.

As much as I hate them, they are an impressive front 4 in new york...the whole reason they actually beat dallas this year...*sniff*

Eddie Haskell
04-02-08, 00:54
Halftime. Good game so far. NFC all the way for me. If my Bears aren't there, than why not the Giants.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 01:05
:tmb: Thanks for your support Eddie :)

Look Brady came out on the field with his Intimidator face on, but when he went in for the half, it was gone. The pressure is on, now if we can hold the line during the 2nd half we might have ourselves a football game!

I'm happy.

ihatecold17
04-02-08, 01:20
Call me unamerican.

I hate football.

TombFreak
04-02-08, 01:22
I HATE FOOTBALL!:D

* Weaves throught angry mob *

calico25
04-02-08, 01:36
Giants just have to start putting some points on the board. They can't keep hanging in as the game goes on without putting some TDs on the board.

Dont get your hopes up giants fans, we all know what is coming. As soon as the game is in the final minutes and it is close or the Pats are behind...they will get ALL the help in the world from the officials.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 01:37
Are you kidding me. Sissy waa waa. In the air is on the field? If you're runnin' scared you gotta do whateva, I suppose.

Twilight
04-02-08, 01:38
Call me unamerican.

I hate football.

hey me too. still, my dad's watching it rite now. hes rooting for the Giants.

DickDan
04-02-08, 01:38
Football (american and english) are both mindless. can't see why people watch this ****. i turned it on to the superbolw to see what all the fuss was about and got damn bored and watching some wrestling now (mindless? :P)

Twilight
04-02-08, 01:41
Football (american and english) are both mindless. can't see why people watch this ****. i turned it on to the superbolw to see what all the fuss was about and got damn bored and watching some wrestling now (mindless? :P)

theyre fun to play. i dont kno how ppl get so into it when watching it. its boring to watch.

wrestling is so fake & even more pointless. i'd rather actually fight, or play Tekken.

calico25
04-02-08, 02:10
I can't believe i am typing this. COME ON G-MEN!!

I hope they end the farse that is the Patriots. They are playing such inspired and disciplined football now that it is impressing this hate filled cowboys fan.

TD GIANTS!!! 10-7 Giants. Now I wait for the refs to help Tom Brady out.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:14
I scared the crap out of my cat when my husband and I just both screamed.

calico, I know it's disappointing, lots cowboys fans in the family, but they've had many days in the sun, it's been a long time for the Giants. :hug:

vespertea
04-02-08, 02:14
"I hate football!" "It's so pointless!" "Football sucks!"

Nobody cares what you think about football. GTFO. :[

Giants, btw.

calico25
04-02-08, 02:20
I love watching this Giants D line...they SWARM to the QB and their motors just don't stop. I thought they were overrated when Dallas handled them easily in the first two games this year...but they found another gear in the post season and are making great QBs look LOST!

calico25
04-02-08, 02:25
I scared the crap out of my cat when my husband and I just both screamed.

calico, I know it's disappointing, lots cowboys fans in the family, but they've had many days in the sun, it's been a long time for the Giants. :hug:

:hug: yeah, it was disappointing to be a cowboys fan this year. We had such a great team and they just hit a wall when it counted the most. Don't feel soo bad now about the loss to the Giants with how well NY is playing right now.

Hope dallas is taking notes of NY on how to play disciplined football.

Benguitar
04-02-08, 02:27
My father is the Stage Manager for the Half Time Show, He is in charge of getting the stage on and off the field. :)

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:31
Eli shoulda run, but he choked and now the tide is turning a bit. I'll worry til the end.

TombFreak
04-02-08, 02:34
"I hate football!" "It's so pointless!" "Football sucks!"

Nobody cares what you think about football. GTFO. :[

Giants, btw.

Wow, we're not aloud to post our opinions? You know what? You don't control us and we can post our opinions, you're not our parents.;)

calico25
04-02-08, 02:35
damn, the giants D is getting tired.

I just hope they can hold the Pats to a field goal here andkeep some time on the clock to get a chance at the end.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:35
If you don't like football you could just click a different thread.. I don't mean any offense but it does seem a bit inconsiderate..

calico, I've learned over the years, there's a lot of time to play football yet. Remember the Bengals - 49ers (back in 89 I think)?

calico25
04-02-08, 02:39
If you don't like football you could just click a different thread.. I don't mean any offense but it does seem a bit inconsiderate..

calico, I've learned over the years, there's a lot of time to play football yet. Remember the Bengals - 49ers (back in 89 I think)?

oh yeah, I remember that game. that was '89 i believe or '90. went 90 yards in about 2 mins.

I can point to my Texas Longhorns upsetting USC a few years ago for the National title...2 mins then was an eternity.

3rd and goal.....damn, TD moss. Why did the single cover him there? That baffles me.

Don't force any passes over the middle like that again Manning!!

Still plenty of time. 3 time outs and the 2 min warning.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:47
sweatin bullets at this point.

tlr online
04-02-08, 02:49
Who won?

calico25
04-02-08, 02:49
sweatin bullets at this point.

I know how it feels that is for sure. :hug:

Your stomach must be twisted and churning.

TLR, the game is stil on. under two mins to go, Giants down by 4 with the ball.

calico25
04-02-08, 02:51
What An Amazing Play!!!!

I Cant Believe It!!

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:52
Jeez Tyree Is My FREAKIN HERO. That might be the play of the game!

vespertea
04-02-08, 02:54
Wow, we're not aloud to post our opinions? You know what? You don't control us and we can post our opinions, you're not our parents.;)

Mm, spicy.

Look at it this way: it's like someone coming to TRF and saying "I HAET TOM RADER" I don't mean to be condescending, but there is such a thing as being considerate, and people can start by not posting kill-joy opinions in a pro-(subject) thread.

(I'm going to start placing bets the usage of the ;) smiley. Not even kidding.)

calico25
04-02-08, 02:55
OMG!!

TD NY!!!!

THis is awesome....

myrmaad
04-02-08, 02:55
SCHWEEET! :jmp:

vespertea
04-02-08, 02:57
ommmmmmmmmmmmmmg

calico25
04-02-08, 02:58
Come on Giants D!!!

You can't give this up now!!

Mr.Burns
04-02-08, 02:59
My coworker is running around the hotel screaming his head off. :)

calico25
04-02-08, 02:59
Its soo fun to watch Brady get knocked on his ASSSSS

DAMN, Moss was close to catching that one.

vespertea
04-02-08, 03:00
My coworker is running around the hotel screaming his head off. :)

LMAO! My brother's doing the same.

xMiSsCrOfTx
04-02-08, 03:03
Ugh, Pats lose! :( :cen:

myrmaad
04-02-08, 03:05
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/727458.jpg
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/giants.jpg

calico25
04-02-08, 03:05
Congrats myrmaad!!! :hug:

Feels amazing doesn't it!! Enjoy the win! Good fans like you deserve it.

What a fun ending to a solid, defensive match up.

And thank you NY for sparing america from the Patriots and their hype machine.

myrmaad
04-02-08, 03:07
We've been running around the house yelling and chest butting!!

That was a great game! Tense, tight, and exciting from start to finish! I love bowl games like that! I'm proud of the boys. :)

Eddie Haskell
04-02-08, 03:07
What a game! Perfect season down the tubes, heheheh! Way to go Giants!!!:tmb:

SamReeves
04-02-08, 03:08
Ah, crapola for the Pats! But the Giants pulled it off. Congrats! :tmb:

And best commerical…the FedEx pigeons!!!! :D

tranniversary119
04-02-08, 03:09
I live in new england, but shh i wanted the giants to win and they did :D

vespertea
*chest-bumps myrmaad*

:p :vlol:

It's going to be a freakin party at my school tomorrow.

myrmaad
For the commercial I have to go with Bud Light: Suck one (http://www.adgabber.com/video/video/show?id=546804%3AVideo%3A75771) :vlol:

LOL ^vespertea!

2kool4u
04-02-08, 03:13
Theeeeeeey Won!! Woot Proud To Be A New Yorker!!

Melonie Tomb Raider
04-02-08, 03:15
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :(

I'm so disapointed.

Oh well, the pats aren't my favorite team anyways.

They're my older brother's favorite team though... and yeah... he's locked himself in the bathroom. Let's just say he's not happy. O.o

BTW, best commercial by far was the Gatorade dog one. ZOMG! LOL! :vlol: :vlol:

Oh, and congrats to all you Giants fans out there. They sure earned the win, even though I'm disapointed about it. :p :hug:

vespertea
04-02-08, 03:21
Theeeeeeey Won!! Woot Proud To Be A New Yorker!!

Congrats man! :D

Good to see Manning pull through. I hear he used to (?) get a lot of flack throughout his career, or something along those lines. If so, what a comeback!

calico25
04-02-08, 03:28
For the commercial I have to go with Bud Light: Suck one (http://www.adgabber.com/video/video/show?id=546804%3AVideo%3A75771) :vlol:

LOL ^vespertea!

that was my favorite lol

interstellardave
04-02-08, 03:30
Stick a fork in the Evil Empire... they are DONE! :D

FomarThain
04-02-08, 04:21
That was one of the best games I have ever seen!!!111!!

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z11/FomarThain/Miscellaneous/NY_giants.jpg

:tmb:

2kool4u
04-02-08, 04:25
:jmp: woot XDDD im so going to try and go to that parade on tuesday!

oocladableeblah
04-02-08, 04:43
I never watch superbowl, but I hear tom petty was playing wish I would have seen that.

Tombraine
04-02-08, 04:46
Its soo fun to watch Brady get knocked on his ASSSSS

YES :vlol::vlol: Man I can't stand him! Im sooooooo glad those patriots got their perfect season ruined like that. Congrats to the boys in BLUE!:yah::yah::yah::yah::yah:
Me and my family were going NUTS. What an intense game up to the last 10 seconds. My god that was just awesome. I'm glad Manning did it. So many people doubting him all year. This team was hungry, you could sense it with every playoff win they achieved. And it couldn't of happened more perfect, upsetting the patriots :vlol:( I really can't stand them )

vespertea
04-02-08, 05:14
I never watch superbowl, but I hear tom petty was playing wish I would have seen that.

It'll be up on YouTube no doubt (if it isn't already)

ihatecold17
04-02-08, 19:32
Mm, spicy.

Look at it this way: it's like someone coming to TRF and saying "I HAET TOM RADER" I don't mean to be condescending, but there is such a thing as being considerate, and people can start by not posting kill-joy opinions in a pro-(subject) thread.

Im sorry about what i said, if it upset you, but i do think i should be able to say our opinions.

My mom was watching something on animal planet called the puppy bowl with all these dogs playing with footballs and toys on a fake field

PARANOIA
04-02-08, 19:46
I'll not comment on this, save that I'm ****ing sick and tired of ****ing Miami making a mountain out of their pathetic perfect season, and popping champagne every time New England or Indianapolis falls short.

Me, I'm a Chiefs fan, so that shows you where my loyalties lie -- in the gutter.

Eddie Haskell
04-02-08, 19:51
I'll not comment on this, save that I'm ****ing sick and tired of ****ing Miami making a mountain out of their pathetic perfect season, and popping champagne every time New England or Indianapolis falls short.

Me, I'm a Chiefs fan, so that shows you where my loyalties lie -- in the gutter.

Yeah, I remember 1985 so well with my Bears. The sickening sight of the old-timers from the Dolphins gleefully jumping up and down when the Bears lost in Miami. But at least the Bears won the Super Bowl that year, and kicked the crap out of the Patriots. :D

myrmaad
04-02-08, 20:11
Ooh That Hurts!! As an oldtyme 49ers fan, I guess I don't have to mention how I feel about the $%#@ Dolphins.

Refrigerator Perry is on my Dream Roster, along with Walter Payton, one of my great loves of Football. Joe Montana, Laurence Taylor, Steve Young, Jerry Rice. These guys are rock stars in my eyes. Marcus Allen, Emmett Smith. Rare Dudes.

So many these days are such Divas in the game.