PDA

View Full Version : Python regius.

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-02-08, 21:35
Soooo... I might be getting a snake. :jmp: A ball python to be exact. But, there's a lot of stuff I still need to figure out, such as the costs of everything I'll need for it, etc. I've been doing some research, but I want to hear more personal accounts from any of you who have or have had a snake as a pet.

I also heard something about someone getting a ball python and ending up with salmonella... Is that a common worry, or should I assume that person was story-telling?

ShadyCroft
05-02-08, 21:41
....I might be getting a snake....
:yik:

:jmp:
:yik::yik:

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-02-08, 21:44
:vlol: That seems to be everyone's reaction. :D

Legends
05-02-08, 21:50
*Runs away!* :yik:

Bumio
05-02-08, 21:55
:eek: are u crazy? wouldn't puppy be enough?

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-02-08, 21:59
I already have a dog, who's fat and lazy. :p

EgyptianSoul
05-02-08, 21:59
I was "raised with snakes". My sister had 2 boas. I loved them very much. I even slept somedays for a few hours with them in bed with me, while my sister was cleaning her house. The younger boa was 2 metres at longest and the older grew to about 4 metres. I miss them alot cause she had to give them away. She didn't have money to keep them anymore. It's expensive to have snakes as pets, think about it very carefully.

Geck-o-Lizard
05-02-08, 22:02
My friend used to keep a snake... it escaped one day and was never seen again. (He reckons it's living under the floorboards now though, stealing kitchen scraps...) You wouldn't think they're very agile, what with having no limbs and all, but you'd be wrong. o_o

Other than that, I have no idea what's involved in keeping snakes. Try a snake forum?

xMiSsCrOfTx
05-02-08, 22:04
My friend used to keep a snake... it escaped one day and was never seen again. (He reckons it's living under the floorboards now though, stealing kitchen scraps...) You wouldn't think they're very agile, what with having no limbs and all, but you'd be wrong. o_o

Other than that, I have no idea what's involved in keeping snakes. Try a snake forum?

Oh **** :yik: so encouraging... :ton: Hmm, never thought about a snake forum, but I guess they've got forums for everything now don't they? I'll have to check that out.

Vertigo
05-02-08, 22:09
I envy you coz I wanna snake so much but... I`m vegetarian and can`t believe how I must buy a meat to my pet :(

coolezpunk
05-02-08, 22:13
OMG, I'm so jealous of you right now! I've been wanting a pet snake since I was 8!! They're so... fascinating!! Well, good for you anyways! ;)

Rivendell
05-02-08, 22:17
Fantastic, I've always wanted a snake :tmb:

nick-xx
05-02-08, 22:31
woah a snake, what is next a lion? just joking :p

tampi
05-02-08, 22:48
I found a small snake when I was a child in the field. :yik: :yah:
With some friends :eek::eek::eek: (<---my friends). I picked up without thinking if it could bite me or not. I was a mad/boor. :o:o
We carry to a giant anthill nearby.
And we put there. :confused::cln:
Ants wanted eating it like crazy !!!!!!!!!!!! :yik::yik::cool:

....youthfulness.... :o:D

But never a Python regius :p

Sir Croft
05-02-08, 23:27
Cool! Enjoy your new snake! :D
Personally, I like snakes but I wouldn't have one as a pet :p

Lenochka
05-02-08, 23:40
Woot! Now when I come to visit you i can dance around to I'm a slave 4 u with the snake :vlol:

I already have a dog, who's fat and lazy. :p

Mr.Peanut? :p

CAISACO
06-02-08, 00:10
Soooo... I might be getting a snake. :jmp: A ball python to be exact. But, there's a lot of stuff I still need to figure out, such as the costs of everything I'll need for it, etc. I've been doing some research, but I want to hear more personal accounts from any of you who have or have had a snake as a pet.

I also heard something about someone getting a ball python and ending up with salmonella... Is that a common worry, or should I assume that person was story-telling?

I could never get a snake. Never feed a small innocent baby mouse to a snake :(

And you know there are really big precautions on getting one? The CAN turn on you, and kill you. So make sure you have someone with you when handling the snake, just to be on the safe side. Because I have heard some sad stories.
Not trying to scare you though! :wve:

Good luck with your snake!

thecentaur
06-02-08, 01:46
i used to take care fo a reptile before, but then it went back to petsmart and.... passsed on :(

PARANOIA
06-02-08, 02:03

You're signing a death writ. Eventually that snake is going to become too big for you to handle or even control, it may even try to do you in one day. Gary Larson almost died as a result of having a pet snake. Beware.

CAISACO
06-02-08, 03:12
Do you know how big and powerful they get? They can swallow people too.

Just be very careful.
And keep alcohol by its cage in case it strikes at you and grabs onto your body, pouring alcohol on a snake saved a guys life.

rowanlim
06-02-08, 06:25
Hm sounds really cool...but then again, why don't you talk to your local pet store for advice? :tmb:

Geck-o-Lizard
06-02-08, 09:40
Uhm, people, she's not planning on getting a deadly viper or man-eating anaconda or something. Python Regius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_python) is non-venomous and grows to around 4 feet long. The worst bite it could give wouldn't be much more severe than a hamster's...