PDA

View Full Version : I am soo freaking angry at my school!

Nannonxyay
06-02-08, 11:54
Right. I've just come back from school. (It was a half day) And I just cant believe what happened.

I'll start off by saying that everywhere I walk around school I see straight couples practically eating each other's faces when they kiss and teachers walk straight pass them without commenting. A few smile at them, thinking it's sweet. I mean, I'm fine with that. But today, one of my mates who's a bi-sexual male pecked my other male mate on the lips, and when I say peck, I mean like someone would do to your cheek but on the lips and a teacher was walking past, gave them a disgusting look and told them to keep that for: "After school," and said it was "Inappropriate on school grounds."

I gave her a dirty look and stood up to her, telling her she was homophobic, and it was wrong for her to say that, when she walks past straight couples kissing everyday. And guess what? She gave me a detention for back chatting, and aggressive behavior... :mad: I didn't even say it in an aggressive way, I didn't shout all in her face or anything. I just said it firmly. Some teachers practically scream at the students, and when I stick up for someone what do I get? A detention and warning of suspension, even though some kids disrupt lessons and throw stuff at teacher's cars.

Maybe they're treating me harshly because this is the first thing I've supposedly done wrong. :hea:

thecentaur
06-02-08, 12:01
wow. that teacher is acting like a complete ******* because you didn't even do anything wrong. and what's even more upsetting is that that teacher didn't say anything about the straight couple sucking face!! so i'm also guessing that idiot of a teacher is homophobic. and a very disrespectful person. that's just really upsetting :mad:

PARANOIA
06-02-08, 12:03
In all honesty, the teacher has to be firm and perhaps even dictatorial, so that the parents of witnessing schoolchildren don't sue them later for promoting an "uncomfortable environment." You'd be surprised at how many rules are all just the school covering its own ass from lawsuits.

mizuno_suisei
06-02-08, 12:10
That's happened to me. When I first had my Man2Man hug, I got detention for 'displaying possible sexual activities infront of minors' or some crap. And the thing was, it was one of my favourite teachers too, who seemed to like me. And I would always hug my 'girl'friends in my Japanese class (She was my Japanese teacher) And she didnt care. So naturally I exploded and called her a homophobe yadayada. She apologised and she agreed it was a tad bit homophobic. So I didnt get Detention. Phew.

Nannonxyay, I suggest you report her. Thats wrong, or get your Bi-sexual friends to report her :wve:

Nannonxyay
06-02-08, 12:12
The thing was, no-one was uncomfortable with a harmless peck that meant nothing. I kiss my mates all the time (on the cheek) and they never say anything about it, and an anyway, they were only joking when they did it.

Benguitar
06-02-08, 12:20
Teachers suck that way, (relationships I am not in one so can't really know what that is like at school)

Anyways, that was kinda a retarded thing to do (NOT YOU the teacher), like I live in Florida some call it the paradise I call it teenage sex capital. But do teachers care? NO... Does anyone care if they are kissing in public? NO... But for some odd reason they think that that kind of stuff is "bad".

And trust me sticking up for a friend by disagreeing with a teacher, never works EVEN if the teacher is wrong they will make themselves not be the bad guys.

SummerBreeze
06-02-08, 12:20
There are so many narrow-minded arrogant people in the world today. I have people give me nasty looks aswell. I don't even have to do anything for people to look down on me:( It's because of that, that I am stuck at home to scared to go out and get a job. I left school last year and all the bullying affected me and now i have social-phobia which means i can't even go out for a meal without getting anxious or feeling sick:(
I'm sorry about your mate and for you getting detention. Teachers can be so unfair because of all the power they have against students. You really need to make a formal complaint to the Head of the school:)

Punaxe
06-02-08, 12:23
Hmm Nannonxyay, I would suggest you take this up with someone from the secretary. I agree it is quite wrong of the teacher, but, telling your superiors that they are homophobic isn't the right way to deal with the issue either. A letter of complaint to wherever those are supposed to be sent to sounds like a better idea, perhaps get other students to sign the same letter and so on.

I do think however that it is indeed "inappropriate on school grounds". Not just the bisexual couple, but all of them. When I kissed my girlfriend in the school halls, one of the teachers hit me on the head :p
While freedom is good, I believe all sexual behaviour is best left to private, intimate moments and think that schools have a responsibility to honour similar morals.

tomblover
06-02-08, 12:26
WTF? :confused: What an ******* that teacher is!

Survival
06-02-08, 12:42
At first I though this is going to be another "ZOMG I am AL aloune and me klasmates suxs?!!?!" thread but it turned out to be an interesting one.

You should know some schools order their employees to do this because plenty of parents are offended by this. Back in my school and high school days any kind of kissing was prohibited because parents were afraid their kid is gonna go and **** the first person they meet after that :rolls eyes:

Encore
06-02-08, 12:51
At first I though this is going to be another "ZOMG I am AL aloune and me klasmates suxs?!!?!" thread but it turned out to be an interesting one.

You should know some schools order their employees to do this because plenty of parents are offended by this. Back in my school and high school days any kind of kissing was prohibited because parents were afraid their kid is gonna go and **** the first person they meet after that :rolls eyes:

That might be true but don't teachers have their own brains and their own principles to stand for? Couldn't this teacher just pretend she didn't see anything? The fact that, acording to Nannonxyay, the teacher actually looked disgusted at the couple just proves it wasn't a matter of "being ordered to", it was a personal belief standing out.

UNDERTAKER
06-02-08, 12:52
Well the teacher is only doing their job. It's the parents you have to worry about. There are lots of homophobic parents out there.

If teachers were to allow same-sex kissing etc then you would no doubt get some uptight parent complaining. Then that teacher and the whole school is in trouble.

I only say this because I am a high school teacher myself (well training) and I know the **** that some parents can start.

Aurimas
06-02-08, 13:47

Forwen
06-02-08, 13:55
There was a lesbian couple in my school that kept hugging everywhere and as far as I know nobody cared. But then again my school was weird on the city's scale - there even was an openly anti-democratic and very outspoken teacher in there, among other specimen.

Voni
06-02-08, 14:02
I think you should go to the head of the school about this matter. I don't know whether the teacher was homophobic or not, but it seems unfair when heterosexual couples are apparently allowed to kiss in the halls. Ask him/her if there can be a blanket ban on it. Therefore, parents aren't offended and no one's being discriminated against. That should be the rule in school anyway, so I don't know what's going on there.

Capt. Murphy
06-02-08, 14:09
That isn't right. It's not fair that the straight couples or groups get to have their fun. Everyone should be free to express their sexuality openly and as obnoxiously as possible.

PARANOIA
06-02-08, 14:11
That isn't right. It's not fair that the straight couples or groups get to have their fun. Everyone should be free to express their sexuality openly and as obnoxiously as possible.

I think all showing of public affection should be banned. Of course, nobody complains about discrimination against heterosexuals...

Encore
06-02-08, 15:29
I think all showing of public affection should be banned.

:vlol:

Atlantisfreak666
06-02-08, 15:36
Right. I've just come back from school. (It was a half day) And I just cant believe what happened.

I'll start off by saying that everywhere I walk around school I see straight couples practically eating each other's faces when they kiss and teachers walk straight pass them without commenting. A few smile at them, thinking it's sweet. I mean, I'm fine with that. But today, one of my mates who's a bi-sexual male pecked my other male mate on the lips, and when I say peck, I mean like someone would do to your cheek but on the lips and a teacher was walking past, gave them a disgusting look and told them to keep that for: "After school," and said it was "Inappropriate on school grounds."

I gave her a dirty look and stood up to her, telling her she was homophobic, and it was wrong for her to say that, when she walks past straight couples kissing everyday. And guess what? She gave me a detention for back chatting, and aggressive behavior... :mad: I didn't even say it in an aggressive way, I didn't shout all in her face or anything. I just said it firmly. Some teachers practically scream at the students, and when I stick up for someone what do I get? A detention and warning of suspension, even though some kids disrupt lessons and throw stuff at teacher's cars.

Maybe they're treating me harshly because this is the first thing I've supposedly done wrong. :hea:

She sounds like a total *****.
:mad:
I hate homophobia.

ThomasCroft
06-02-08, 15:42
You must report her to the Head Teacher and if they don't do anything you need to get an educational welfare officer involved. I wouldn't take any of this ****.

Capt. Murphy
06-02-08, 16:02
Sheesh people. Why don't you just get this teacher a peruvian necktie as a going away present?

I wouldn't put it past some people though. :pi:

Laurencarter
06-02-08, 16:45
I have a lot of respect for you 'cause you stood up for yourself and your friends. Not many people have the courage to do that.

domina
06-02-08, 17:14
It's a sticky situation for all involved. From your account, it does sound like what transpired is unfair, but your reaction to the teacher certainly could have been handled better. Calling her homophobic, whether you were yelling or not, was definitely a brash move; it's getting very personal and could be considered an insult, something that students get in trouble for regardless. I think it's great that you wanted to stick up for your friend, but the means in which you decided to do that leave something to be desired.

Most schools have a ban on any sort of PDA, regardless of sexuality. If you could do to an administrator, principal, school board official, etc. and discuss this with them, they'll likely agree that no one should be making out in a high school and any display of such behavior can be reprimanded.

Sir Croft
06-02-08, 18:00
People still have problems to accept gay couples, it's sick, I know, but it's true. Unfortunately the world is full of descrimination. I'm straight and don't have anything against gay couples, you know, their relationship and sexual life is not my business. I accept the differences.

Lew
06-02-08, 18:08
**** me i hate teachers! They are total ******s! I went to college today for a taster day, was going fine but we went back to school and i didnt have my pe kit cause i was at college and didn't want to carry a massive bag around with me. So she gave me a detention for not bringing it so i told her to **** off and walked away! I'm like im not doing pe in our only 45 minute lunch break! She can **** off!

Nannonxyay
06-02-08, 18:09
I told my parents today and they agreed with me completely. They rung up the school and asked to speak to the head about the situation and he said that it was wrong of the teacher to approach the matter like she did, but it was also wrong of me to be aggressive. My mum told them that I was not being aggressive, and that they could ask the twenty students that saw me stick up for my friends. The teacher's been warned apparently and I don't have to go to detention now. Which is pretty good. All I need now is a damn apology from that woman for my mates. They're pretty upset about it because she moved their seating positions in class so they no longer sit next to each other. :mad:

Atlantisfreak666
06-02-08, 18:11
Seating positions are another thing I hate.

touchthesky
06-02-08, 18:12
That's pretty stupid of the teacher. Really, it bothers me when people at their faces off in the street, but why allow that and not allow a peck?

Stupid woman. She should be let go on the grounds of discrimination, IMO.

Ward Dragon
06-02-08, 18:14
I told my parents today and they agreed with me completely. They rung up the school and asked to speak to the head about the situation and he said that it was wrong of the teacher to approach the matter like she did, but it was also wrong of me to be aggressive. My mum told them that I was not being aggressive, and that they could ask the twenty students that saw me stick up for my friends. The teacher's been warned apparently and I don't have to go to detention now. Which is pretty good.

Very good :tmb: That's definitely the way to handle it, and I'm glad things worked out for you. You're very lucky to have a mother who will stick up for you :D

All I need now is a damn apology from that woman for my mates. They're pretty upset about it because she moved their seating positions in class so they no longer sit next to each other. :mad:

Maybe their parents can talk to the school head the way yours did?

nick-xx
06-02-08, 18:15
i would just say to the teacher "you are just jealous old woman" just joking :p.

LegenDarY
06-02-08, 18:26
Can't you go to the principal and explain the situation? Cause I don't think you can get detention for something like that if the teacher doesn't have a valid reason to give you one. Let alone suspend you.

People (parents as well) should really learn to grow up, it's 2008 for god's sakde, who cares what a persons sexuality is, their personality and their actions is what matters, not who/what they feel sexually attracted to.

Well the teacher is only doing their job. It's the parents you have to worry about. There are lots of homophobic parents out there.

If teachers were to allow same-sex kissing etc then you would no doubt get some uptight parent complaining. Then that teacher and the whole school is in trouble.

I only say this because I am a high school teacher myself (well training) and I know the **** that some parents can start.
I'm sorry to say this, but that's a load of bull****. So teachers have to say that's inappropriate for gay or bisexual people to show affection in public, cause they might upset the parents?

If that's true, the teachers should grow some balls and stand up to those parents and TEACH those parents that it's perfectly normal.

This whole gay/bisexual debate is getting so tyering (sp?), I can't believe people still care about stuff like that.

Nausinous
06-02-08, 19:20
How's this for awkward? Me and my best friends at primary at school on the weekend shared a kiss. He was so paranoid that I would tell anyone he told people that I had tried to on and he had punched me the monday after the day we had kissed. I was isolated from the social strata through out the whole of primary school and then through all the way secondary school because people didn't want to be ascoiated with a guy (I had admitted that I had kissed him). I was so isolated from people because they were afraid of me as a homosexual so that even when I got STABBED with a compass by the guy I kissed all the way back in primrary school in yr 10. The pupils nor the teachers believed me. That is how isolated I was and that was in a catholic school. Where I even got told by the catholic counciller that homosexual behaviour was forbidden in school hours and forbidden outside of hours by God himself. I've been scared of being myself ever since :o

I also had a hard back dictionary hit my eye, a coin and an apple core.

Spitfire
06-02-08, 19:47
How's this for awkward? Me and my best friends at primary at school on the weekend shared a kiss. He was so paranoid that I would tell anyone he told people that I had tried to on and he had punched me the monday after the day we had kissed. I was isolated from the social strata through out the whole of primary school and then through all the way secondary school because people didn't want to be ascoiated with a guy (I had admitted that I had kissed him). I was so isolated from people because they were afraid of me as a homosexual so that even when I got STABBED with a compass by the guy I kissed all the way back in primrary school in yr 10. The pupils nor the teachers believed me. That is how isolated I was and that was in a catholic school. Where I even got told by the catholic counciller that homosexual behaviour was forbidden in school hours and forbidden outside of hours by God himself. I've been scared of being myself ever since :o

That's the sort of thing that makes me steam up with anger when people can act on such ignorance. Truth be told, it's somewhat of a realistic reaction considering you were enrolled in a catholic private school. They have the right to apply such homophobic rules and sadly you have to abide by them since it's a private school. However, there was no reason to be physically harassed by such degenerates.

As for the issue with school and teachers in general looking down upon homosexual behavior, even small displays of affections like holding hands, it really shouldn't be tolerated. If I have to deal with a couple in the halls swapping DNA all day, I think two kids of the same sex who want to just walk together with hands or give a quick kiss goodbye before switching classes shouldn't be such a mind blowing sight. It's really just a horrible double standard.

SummerBreeze
06-02-08, 20:54

I'm not trying to turn this into a religious discussion, but that thing about God not "accepting" homosexuality is a load of dog. People wrote the bible ages ago and that was before they understood things like homosexuality:) Well that's what I think anyway

Andariel
06-02-08, 21:00
Homophobic people are nothing but trouble waiting to happen. Trust me, Iíve defended my gay best friend in an unnecessary physical manner and it was a waste. No one can tell homosexuals how to live their lives and it doesnít matter if others get upset. Best thing to do is ignore and avoid homophobes.

UNDERTAKER
06-02-08, 21:08
**** me i hate teachers! They are total ******s! I went to college today for a taster day, was going fine but we went back to school and i didnt have my pe kit cause i was at college and didn't want to carry a massive bag around with me. So she gave me a detention for not bringing it so i told her to **** off and walked away! I'm like im not doing pe in our only 45 minute lunch break! She can **** off!

With that kind of attitude, I'm not surprised she gave you one...

LegenDarY
06-02-08, 21:09
Homophobic people are nothing but trouble waiting to happen. Trust me, Iíve defended my gay best friend in an unnecessary physical manner and it was a waste. No one can tell homosexuals how to live their lives and it doesnít matter if others get upset. Best thing to do is ignore and avoid homophobes.

Wow that was optimistic :p. Homophobic people should just learn to grow up and be adults.. and what adults do is accept people for who they are.

As long as you don't hurt anyone with your actions why should anyone have anything against you? And gay/bisexual people don't hurt anyone by just being gay or bisexual :).

UNDERTAKER
06-02-08, 21:11
Homophobia just doesn't make sense in this day and age. It's such a shallow way of thinking.

LegenDarY
06-02-08, 21:15
Homophobia just doesn't make sense in this day and age. It's such a shallow way of thinking.

Really.. I honestly don't get how you can judge someone by their sexuality. It's what people do and say what they should be judged on/by.

TombFreak
06-02-08, 21:17
My friend and her boyfriend got a detention because they got caught kissing, she gets one 15 min. lunch detention everyday for the week and her boyfriend is on next week. I didn't think this was fair, I mean, its their buisness. Her broke up with her today.:( About the Bi-es, I wouldn't care if they kissed each other, I mean its their buisness.

America is trying to ban gay marriges, kind of dumb IMO. Its like you have no freedom in this country anymore!:mad:

I had an early release today too!

SummerBreeze
06-02-08, 21:25
Wow that was optimistic :p. Homophobic people should just learn to grow up and be adults.. and what adults do is accept people for who they are.

As long as you don't hurt anyone with your actions why should anyone have anything against you? And gay/bisexual people don't hurt anyone by just being gay or bisexual :).

There have been many adults who don't except people for who they are. Believe me, many adults have treated me different to everyone else because they don't like my sexuality.

Reggie
06-02-08, 21:36

I'm not sure what to say you've got me tearing up here. You're such a nice guy and its not right. Not right at all. :(
Why the **** do people still follow natural law (which is where Homophobia comes from). Natural law is screwed as it is and its just not worth even considering like Undertaker said.

I'm not sure what to say to you but I identify with you about being yourself. I have a feeling I've been in denial all my teenage life to such an extent I've suppressed my sexuality altogether which wouldn't be surprising given that I love my parents and yet at the same time they're homophobic. I also suffered from homophobic bullying from people who made assumptions about me. I think I need a counsellor.

Sorry to air my laundry here but maybe we all need a frank discussion - you guys are friendly and open minded enough as it is. :)

trXD
06-02-08, 21:39
Thats awful! Complain to the head teacher, that should work!

Seb_01225
06-02-08, 21:43
theres like some teachers at my school who arnt teachers they're more like support and sorting out problems and they're sooo horrible :mad:

anyway the one i hate the most always come to me and is like aww are you okay? and stuff and always talks about me being gay jus because i am and nobody else is.

wierd i hate her coz she does drug serches once a weeek even though me or my friends dont do any of that crap

Inkheart
06-02-08, 21:44
I've had similar situations at school when students (students being you, in your case) have been punished unfairly for small things when, er, (trying to think of a word that won't get censored) . . . gits . . . get away with murder. My theory is teachers punish nice students to keep them in their places and because they can a hell of a lot easier than the nasty ones. Oh, the amount of times I've come home thinking I just don't want to go back there . . . I'm hoping I won't turn into a mass murderer, especially as it's my last 4 months or so. We have such a problem with discipline (fire in the school toilets yesterday) and the thing is, it's only happened quite recently. I remember when I was in year seven, we had an awesome head teacher who used to stand in the locker room shouting 'GET TO LESSON, YOU CRETINS!' Great man. Believed in second chances, but not third chances. Current head teacher is useless though.

Don't worry, when you get into the work place, you'll find that people are a hell of a lot nicer there. :)

Rivendell
06-02-08, 21:44
:eek: Good grief Nausinous, that's absolutely terrible :( :hug:

SummerBreeze
06-02-08, 21:49
Reading all these posts makes you realise how much of this really goes on...well obviously there's a lot more people out there in the big wide world who experience it aswell. Why can't the whole world be full of people from Tomb Raider Forums. Then it would be a much better place:)

Camera Obscura
06-02-08, 22:52
Sorry to hear that Nannonxyay. You should go to my old high school, so many people there are bi, homo, and hetero, it drives me nuts (in a good way). Everyone gets along so well and they're friendly. Students just joke around about sexuality it's never a problem, although I was once asked if I was asexual. :confused: But I suppose not all schools can be like mine. Which is a shame because narrow-minded people out there get abusive towards others who are "different".

But it seems you and your parents handled the situation well, although it sucks that the two guys got split up in the seating chart. Has the teacher acted differently towards you or the two students?

:wve:

PARANOIA
06-02-08, 23:43
Why can't the whole world be full of people from Tomb Raider Forums. Then it would be a much better place:)

Oh, God. I would kill myself.

vespertea
07-02-08, 00:09
Why can't the whole world be full of people from Tomb Raider Forums. Then it would be a much better place:)

Oh, God. I would kill myself.

Count me in. I'll be in the garage turning on the car engine, kthx.

ECB
07-02-08, 01:07
That is so stupid... God, teachers KILL me sometimes!! Most are so ignorant....

I'm sorry Nannonxyay, :(

Nannonxyay
07-02-08, 10:44
I'm not sure what to say you've got me tearing up here. You're such a nice guy and its not right.

Thanks, but I'm a girl. :vlol: I don't mind it though, a lot of people call me dude. :D Also about the boy's parents phoning up the school would be pretty awkward, because they don't know that he's bi-sexual... Although I think his mum has a suspicion seeing as though he has posters of boys and girls in his room. :vlol:

Ikas90
07-02-08, 12:03

You did the right thing. It was rather brave what you did, but what you need to do is complain to the head teacher or principal. Sexual harassment isn't permitted at schools, so she could get into a massive amount of trouble. Just make a complaint. You don't need proof, just say that you've witnessed a situation.

I'd like to know what she would say to defend herself when the head teacher interrogates her. Would she lie?

If the head teacher also is homophobic and reacts in the same way as she did, then you can get the police involved. This is a serious issue, and it must be dealt with. It is very imortant that you report harassments. Tell someone that can help.

rowanlim
07-02-08, 12:39
Hey there, interesting thing :)

1. Your teacher was wrong by giving the dirty look. A gentle warning would suffice. You must understand that there may be other people watching who wouldn't be comfortable with that exchange of affection, however harmless, so it wasn't wrong for her to comment, but it was wrong of her to do it THAT WAY.

2. You were right to stand up & defend your friends, but then again, you shouldn't have called her a homophobic. Decorum works with you're dealing with higher authorities.

I'd say that it's good to see that you've a strong sense of mind. Still there are ways to voice your opinion appropriately :tmb: :)

Reggie
07-02-08, 16:19
Thanks, but I'm a girl. :vlol: I don't mind it though, a lot of people call me dude. :D Also about the boy's parents phoning up the school would be pretty awkward, because they don't know that he's bi-sexual... Although I think his mum has a suspicion seeing as though he has posters of boys and girls in his room. :vlol:

I was referring to Nausinous (must be the spelling similarity in your usernames) but I certainly sympathise with your case and indeed, I admire your couragous spirit. You're obviously a good person who has something of the 'tank man' (or woman! :p) in them like in my avatar.

See him standing up in front of that tank (and several others behind it) with only his shopping bag? He could have been crushed in a second but he decided to quite literally make a stand for all those that suffered at Tianamen Square fed up with how authority were being so...cruel and unreasonable. He stood up for his countrymen and what he believed and he's been a well known figure in history ever since. Its people like yourself we need more of in a world of submissives prepared to yield. :hug:

Kamnelomo
07-02-08, 16:27
A good advice - if people hate this teacher too, tell her to STFU. It worked with my physics teacher... She is mad...

Greenkey2
07-02-08, 17:16
With an attitude like that the school really needs a blanket ban on 'intimate contact' altogether - because such discrimination is absolutely unacceptable.

@ thecentaur and Atlantisfreak666: please don't try and avoid the censor software - it's there for a reason ;) Just type normally and let it do its stuff.

rickybazire
07-02-08, 18:59
she is a homophobe, ur right, that happens a wee bit at my school, yet the teachers still are homophobes...*swears* them...:D