PDA

View Full Version : Question about screencapping on Windows Media Player

Grenade
06-02-08, 15:46
Hi to all, I wasn't sure where to put this thread so General Chat it goes I guess! :)

This has been bothering me for sometime now... I was wondering how to take screencaps when viewing videos via Windows Media Player. When I press the print screen key nothing appears. Help would be much appreciated. :)

Cochrane
06-02-08, 15:48
Use another player, such as VLC (http://videolan.org/).

VonCroy360
06-02-08, 15:50
Which version are you using?

PrintScreen works perfectly fine with WMP11 for me. :)

Punaxe
06-02-08, 15:57
My impression is that it has something to do not only with the player you use, but also the video card... But VLC would be a good solution, because even if the print screen button wouldn't work, it has a feature to take snapshots built in.

Grenade
06-02-08, 16:13
I don't know which version of Media Player I am using, but it certainly isn't the latest, decided not to get that one a while ago. :)

I just downloaded VLC. How do I take screencaps off that? :)

ben croft
06-02-08, 16:30
Which version are you using?

PrintScreen works perfectly fine with WMP11 for me. :)

Oh really, cause mine is WMP 11 too, and all I get when I go to MS Paint, and press Ctrl + V is a black screen :D

Grenade
06-02-08, 16:32
Oh really, cause mine is WMP 11 too, and all I get when I go to MS Paint, and press Ctrl + V is a black screen :D
Yeah, I'm always getting a black screen.

Punaxe
06-02-08, 16:46
I don't know which version of Media Player I am using, but it certainly isn't the latest, decided not to get that one a while ago. :)

I just downloaded VLC. How do I take screencaps off that? :)

Humm I have the Dutch version of it so I'm not sure what it's called in English, but in the Video menu, the second last option should make a screencap :p
By default they end up in the My Documents\My Pictures directory.

Ward Dragon
06-02-08, 16:49
FRAPS works with Windows Media Player :) (Only when the video is in motion, though. If you pause it, it won't work.)

http://www.fraps.com/

Rexie
06-02-08, 17:48
Humm I have the Dutch version of it so I'm not sure what it's called in English, but in the Video menu, the second last option should make a screencap :p
By default they end up in the My Documents\My Pictures directory.

You're a god!I've been trying to find out for ages how to take a screenshot from VLC *runs off and takes some JCVD In Hell screens of Chris Moir*

scion05
06-02-08, 17:53
tools > options > performance > advanced > high quality mode :) :p :)

nick-xx
06-02-08, 19:11
Some of these players use hardware overlay modes so only FRAPS can screencap it.