PDA

View Full Version : The Outsiders

Tomb Raider 5194
07-02-08, 00:18
Last year we had to read Tex, and now this year we have to read The Outsiders (Both by S.E Hinton). But to my suprise the book was very interesting and intriguing which made me want create a thread asking, has anyone read the book? :D

The Outsiders is a novel by S.E Hinton, first published in 1967 by Viking Press. Hinton was 15 when she began writing the novel and 18 when it was published. The Outsiders is an account of a traumatic time in the life of fourteen-year-old Ponyboy Curtis. Hinton explores the themes of class conflict, brotherly love, friendship, and coming of age by following two rival gangs, the Greasers and the Socs (short for "Socials"), who are separated by social-economic status and political beliefs.

http://www.eastchester.k12.ny.us/schools/Ms/teachers/burke/images/outsiders_000.jpg

Any reason thread must be closed, than apologies.

thecentaur
07-02-08, 00:37
i have; i enjoyed it

ECB
07-02-08, 01:06
This is one of my favorite books of all time. Absolutely amazing.

xMiSsCrOfTx
07-02-08, 01:23
I think I'm pretty much one of the ONLY people who didn't like it at all. Same with Catcher In the Rye.

Admles
07-02-08, 01:29
Ahh The Outsiders, I remember reading this back in 1993, was a great read. The movie was fairly good to, had Patrick Swayze, Tom Cruise, Emilio Estevez, Ralph Macchio, Matt Dillon etc.

Indiana Croft
07-02-08, 03:59
We had to read it last year and watch the movie. I hated both. Very much. And when I say hate, I mean with a deep, burning passion of a solar flare:)

star-dust
07-02-08, 04:42
I've read the book and I've seen the movie. The movie was okay, the book was excellent!

domina
07-02-08, 05:02
That was one of the few books I remember enjoying during middle school. The movie was decent, but as usual, it doesn't really do the book justice.