PDA

View Full Version : Is this kind of love only possible in movies?

ben croft
08-02-08, 00:08
Hey :wve:

Watch this video
x52w8txtiQs

So... is this love... only possible in movies?? Or can someone do the impossible to be with the one he or she loves?? Fight, travel around the world, go against family decisions, just to be with the one you love for the rest of your life?? Oh... love...

:wve:

BtoFu
08-02-08, 00:10
Yeah it's movie hokum in my estimation. Still if it inspires someone to try then that's a good thing.

nick-xx
08-02-08, 00:12
i think everything is possible if you really love that person. Love dont have limits, and maybe not exactly like the movie but is possible.

Bumio
08-02-08, 00:14
yeah, it happens only in movies ;) i guess... heck, i dont believe in love at all :p

Encore
08-02-08, 00:15
I don't believe in love. :tea:

BtoFu
08-02-08, 00:16
But love believes in you all, hapless cynics!! See I was inspired there..

rowanlim
08-02-08, 06:27
Hm the love you see in the movies is the IDEAL kind. Life is based on ideal situations, that's our guidelines, so yes, it's possible to achieve it, but not easy :)

EgyptianSoul
08-02-08, 08:30
Oh that kinda love can be achieved. I believe everyone has only one chance of true love in life. If you lose that you'll never find it again. I'd do anything for my man, I know he's the one. No matter what happens in life.

deepbluesea
08-02-08, 08:36
Hell Yes! Found mine and as I may have mentioned before, Its a "climb any mountain or cross any dessert" kind of love. That sort of love is the mind, body and soul love only happens once and is my experience quite rare. Its learning to trust someone with everything you are, not just what you want them to see, it's knowing someone entirley and it has to be equal.

EscondeR
08-02-08, 09:36
But love believes in you all, hapless cynics!! See I was inspired there..

Nicely said :tmb:

nicola1986
08-02-08, 12:08
I hope I'll feel that kind of love at some point in my life and obviously they'll feel the same way about me lol :D

I thought I felt like that about my last bf but now when I look back, there was something missing there that I can't explain.

I feel something different for my current partner, there's something there that I've never felt before :D

myrmaad
08-02-08, 12:12
Hell Yes! Found mine and as I may have mentioned before, Its a "climb any mountain or cross any dessert" kind of love. That sort of love is the mind, body and soul love only happens once and is my experience quite rare. Its learning to trust someone with everything you are, not just what you want them to see, it's knowing someone entirley and it has to be equal.

Well I just wrote a dissertation on my parents' elopement where he gave up everything he owned for her. And I would follow my husband to the end of the earth, and he would do the same for me. We have been in love now for over 26 years!

Melonie Tomb Raider
08-02-08, 13:57
Bleh, that don't hold a candle to true love. ;) <3

Capt. Murphy
08-02-08, 14:32
I didn't watch the movie. On dial-up.

But I don't know of a more sure thing. When you have a special connection to someone that can only be explained as something supernatural.... That is True Love.

Lara Croft!
08-02-08, 17:50
Movies are inspired from life, I believe in true love that overcomes all obstacles and becomes your top priority in life. The difference is that in movies they show only the rosy side... They rarely show the fights a couple is going through and some downfalls in the relationship.

Ikas90
08-02-08, 18:12
So... is this love... only possible in movies?? Or can someone do the impossible to be with the one he or she loves?? Fight, travel around the world, go against family decisions, just to be with the one you love for the rest of your life?? Oh... love...

I would fight and travel the world to be with someone I love. It's tempting and inspiring for me, and adds a bit to the story-line of how I fell in love, and what I went through to be with that person. For ages, I have tried to maintain a long distance relationship, where she had lived on the other side of the world from my home country. It's very hard to keep such a relationship stable, and, by watching that video, I have been inspired and I can imagine how hard life would be when someone lives such a long way away from you, and trying to be with them is very tiring and painful. But going against family decisions is a mistake many people make, and it's something very hard to resist. No matter how much you feel for the one you love, family comes first. Not last. :wve: After all, parents want what's best for their children.

If not, then it's a different story.

Spitfire
08-02-08, 18:44
I've 'seen' ideal love but never been 'in' love, at least not in the beautiful descriptive situations of heavy love. Instead I've seen some of the really ugly sides of it so I'm pretty hesistant to get myself involved into something that grand. Still there is a part of me that wants to experience heart throbbing love, perhaps one day I will.

Lavinder
08-02-08, 18:45
Bleh, that don't hold a candle to true love. ;) <3

I have to agree :o.

jamieoliver22
08-02-08, 18:48
More threads about love/partners/sex? Can't seem to get enough of them lately :p

It can happen, love has no boundries really... More less common that that of movies though (running around fighting, going around the world, etc) :p

Titanium
08-02-08, 18:52
It can happen, love has no boundries really... More less common that that of movies though (running around fighting, going around the world, etc) :p

Are you saying you wouldnt go around the world for Laura? Even to save her pet hamster? :p

Lavinder
08-02-08, 18:56
Are you saying you wouldnt go around the world for Laura? Even to save her pet hamster? :p

I have a pet hamster?

He bloody well should XD.

jamieoliver22
08-02-08, 18:56

Being cheeky are we? :p Who said I wouldn't? :p

I just said people going around the world and doing such things is less common than you find in movies.

Titanium
08-02-08, 18:57
I have a pet hamster?

He bloody well should XD.

"Whispers to Jamie" Get her a hamster for valentines day! ;)

Being cheeky are we? :p Who said I wouldn't? :p

I just said people going around the world and doing such things is less common than you find in movies.

No one said you wouldnt. :p

jamieoliver22
08-02-08, 18:59
"Whispers to Jamie" Get her a hamster for valentines day! ;)

I am ok thanks, she already has 2 fury pets as it is... Her dogs... Oh, and me :p

nicola1986
08-02-08, 23:37
Movies are inspired from life, I believe in true love that overcomes all obstacles and becomes your top priority in life. The difference is that in movies they show only the rosy side... They rarely show the fights a couple is going through and some downfalls in the relationship.

I agree with that and you are right about movies, they don't show all the hard times as much as all the good and they make some people believe that if they do argue and have a lot of downfalls then they must not have that true love which is shown on movies, which is untrue, even people who are deeply in love can have arguments and rough patches in their relationship.

myrmaad
08-02-08, 23:38
^Darn right. It's weathering the storms that really proves how true love is.

nicola1986
08-02-08, 23:43
^Exactly, which is what I said to my bf when we had a rough patch recently.

He seemed to think it meant we weren't meant to be together because we had arguments and stuff but I don't think it matters, it's how you handle those arguments and how hard your willing to try and get through those patches that make love real for me.