PDA

View Full Version : A little problem in school

tranniversary119
08-02-08, 12:06
Well me and my friends all stand in front of a teachers classroom to talk before classes and she always yells at us to get to class. :hea: But when other kids go over there she doesn't yell. We all wear black so... Yeah and yesterday she brought us all to the office and we got written up and now have detention. My other friend michelle said her friends that are in that class told her that the teacher calls us losers, fake, freaks, ect. To make a long story short we told the prinicple and he yelled at us. :mad:

KurtisLonely
08-02-08, 12:09
a teacher may never tell to anyone that one of her pupils/students are 'freaks' ... in my honest opinion, that teacher needs to be fired.

Obscure
08-02-08, 12:11
How many times had you persisted on standing outside her classroom when she yelled at you to get to class?
I'm assuming this is a long term thing and that you provoked her?
Not on her side or anything but just little details you might have missed. Also teachers always talk about pupils to other teachers/pupils. My dad is a teacher and he said all the teachers have a game during exams where what they do is walk around the hall and stand behind the ugliest kid they can find. He doesn't play that game but he tells me things about his pupils etc that I really didn't want to know. Teachers are human after all and who can resist a temptation that is winding up kids.

tranniversary119
08-02-08, 12:11
^ I definatley agree. But what really bugs me is the principal yelled at us for telling him? He'll be hearing from our parents considering they where the one who told us to go let the principal know.

tranniversary119
08-02-08, 12:13
Oh trust me it's been about everyday. But the thing is we did this all last year and it was no problem and suddenly they forbid socializing. And if you didn't read what I said above other students go there and they don't get yelled at??? And teachers can talk to there students I realize that but calling us freaks, losers, fake, ect? How is that okay to do :confused:

*woops sorry double post*

Obscure
08-02-08, 12:15
^ I definatley agree. But what really bugs me is the principal yelled at us for telling him? He'll be hearing from our parents considering they where the one who told us to go let the principal know.

Principils are rather disciplined (sp) when it comes to personal problems. I mean imagine working all day, sorting out and running the whole school to be bothered with a personal problem about his/her staff. Sometimes you need to take the situation into your own hands, go and visit this teacher yourself and ask her directly if she has been saying these things. Make sure you use the word 'Allegedly' and give her the shock of her life. If she has been doing it she will most probably deny it but it will stop her in future. :)

ben croft
08-02-08, 12:18
Well me and my friends all stand in front of a teachers classroom to talk before classes and she always yells at us to get to class. :hea: But when other kids go over there she doesn't yell. We all wear black so... Yeah and yesterday she brought us all to the office and we got written up and now have detention. My other friend michelle said her friends that are in that class told her that the teacher calls us losers, fake, freaks, ect. To make a long story short we told the prinicple and he yelled at us. :mad:

OMG that's totally unprofessional. A teacher should not call the students by names, under no circumstance. She should be fired! That's what I think!

:cen:

tranniversary119
08-02-08, 12:20
Principils are rather disciplined (sp) when it comes to personal problems. I mean imagine working all day, sorting out and running the whole school to be bothered with a personal problem about his/her staff. Sometimes you need to take the situation into your own hands, go and visit this teacher yourself and ask her directly if she has been saying these things. Make sure you use the word 'Allegedly' and give her the shock of her life. If she has been doing it she will most probably deny it but it will stop her in future. :)

Yeah, reasons why I do not want to be a principle are a teacher:p And I know she'll deny it uhh :mad:

Obscure
08-02-08, 12:21
OMG that's totally unprofessional. A teacher should not call the students by names, under no circumstance. She should be fired! That's what I think!

Theres no particular evidence to give that the teacher actually said these things apart from a few students. Nothing that drastic could come of it unless someone recorded her saying it.

There was a teacher in my school who swore at all the kids and was on the brink of being fired after throwing a snowball at a girl but he didn't and he continues to annoy kids with his sarcastic torment.

ben croft
08-02-08, 12:24
^ That's what I meant, btw.

I used to have a teacher like that when I was younger, and I had many chances to record her mocking at me. Anyway... my parents did nothing about it and today I regret... wish I could go back in the past and tell her things she would not like to hear.

rowanlim
08-02-08, 12:38
Did you talk to your parents about this? The teacher was out of line, sure, but you need to know the RIGHT steps to take to protect yourself :)

Benguitar
08-02-08, 13:26
Teachers and Principals don't like it if you wear all black... I guess they think are going to like shoot someone so your better off not to wear (all) black.

john_york
08-02-08, 14:04
^ that is completely ridiculous. Teachers may very well be inclined to dislike certain students, but it's generally for much better reasons than them wearing black.

Go and talk (calmly) to another teacher about it. One that is not directly involved in the situation - perhaps your form tutor? If they think you are being unfairly treated, they may talk to the teacher in question and say that she's not acting in the most professional way. Alternatively, you could ask them to come along with you to talk to the princiapl again. The principal will take your concerns much more seriously if you have discussed them with another teacher and that teacher is willing to back you up.

Not much else you can do about it, to be honest. I wouldn't involve your parents at this stage, try to sort it out yourself first - teachers will respect that. I would use your parents' help as a last resort - only if other teachers can't/won't help clear things up.

kryptonite23
08-02-08, 14:06
Your teacher made a mistake for disciplining you. :(
They must not abuse you but teach you.

Capt. Murphy
08-02-08, 14:11
There was a teacher in my school who swore at all the kids and was on the brink of being fired... but he didn't (get fired) and he continues to annoy kids with his sarcastic torment.
:hug: My hero!

:vlol: j/k