PDA

View Full Version : The Rocky Horror Picture Show appreciation thread

Atlantisfreak666
08-02-08, 18:10
For fans of The Rocky Horror Picture Show!

This thread will chill, thrill and fulfill you!
So come up to lab and see whats on the slab!
http://horrorstew.com/images/Lips.jpg

Spitfire
08-02-08, 18:11
I have yet to see this film, although, I've heard countless claims of praise worthy reviews for such a whacky film. I really do need to give it a view and see what the big deal is.

TombRaiderLover
08-02-08, 18:38
I saw this film for the first time last week on television, and thought it was brilliant. :D I may be raiding the shopping centre this weekend, and promised myself if I saw the 2-disc edition in HMV . . . to buy it immediately. :mis:

EgyptianSoul
08-02-08, 19:44
A Rocky Horror Picture Show fanatic here. I have the 2 disc edition dvd. I love love love the movie. :tmb:

I can make you a man. :cln:

I really love it when Tim Curry sings "I'm Going Home". It's so sad, beautiful, melodramatic, absolutely breathtaking.

hera7days
09-02-08, 04:13
I <3 Rocky Horror Picture Show! Tim Curry as Frank is so fantabulous. I need to get the DVD.

"Oh, I always cry at weddings. And laugh at funerals!"

Atlantisfreak666
09-02-08, 14:18
I love 2 disc edition!

Angel666
09-02-08, 16:38
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! :D I only have the one disc version though. I must find the two disc one. :) I absolutely fell head over heels in love with Tim Curry in this movie and I'm now scrambling to buy any movie he's been in. Its kinda weird to think that the guy I'm crushing on was the same guy who gave me nightmares for years in IT. The awesome thing is my mom is really into it too so we watch it together and we'll do the time warp. I also got my friends into it and the time warp is one of their ringtones. I've been sick and seeing this thread has made my day. :)

TombRaiderLover
10-02-08, 17:44
Bought the 2-disc edition from HMV today. It was £20.00 :eek:

scion05
10-02-08, 18:37
I went in aswell today, and was appauled at the prices.

22.00 for a rather old Kylie DVD ( about 7 years i think ) :yik: :o :yik: .

TombRaiderLover
10-02-08, 18:54
I went in aswell today, and was appauled at the prices.

22.00 for a rather old Kylie DVD ( about 7 years i think ) :yik: :o :yik: .

Oh my.

HMV does have some great prices, though. I bought the Platoon: Definition Edition today for £8.00.

scion05
10-02-08, 19:10
I think there prices are absolutely appauling... i went into another
store just called " Entertainment " ( i think ) and they had LOADS of modern
films and CD's for 3 for 10GBP. I almost fainted lmao :vlol:

TombRaiderLover
10-02-08, 19:11
I think there prices are absolutely appauling... i went into another
store just called " Entertainment " ( i think ) and they had LOADS of modern
films and CD's for 3 for 10GBP. I almost fainted lmao :vlol:

Never heard of this store. :eek:

I just hope the 2-disc edition is worth the money. The single-disc edition was part of a "2 for £10" deal.

scion05
10-02-08, 19:12
The thing is, if i bought the DVD, i'd probably HAVE to sing along throughout the whole thing.

TombRaiderLover
10-02-08, 19:13
The thing is, if i bought the DVD, i'd probably HAVE to sing along throughout the whole thing.

I think Disc 2 has several sing-along features. :D And Disc 1 has a cool "audience participation" feature. I'm watching the film tonight. :)

scion05
10-02-08, 19:16
Ooooooo have fun :mis:

TombRaiderLover
10-02-08, 19:17
Ooooooo have fun :mis:

I will. :mis:

touchthesky
10-02-08, 19:18
Oh my.

HMV does have some great prices, though. I bought the Platoon: Definition Edition today for £8.00.
HMV is getting worse. I mean, (here anyway) the "punk/metal" section is stuffed with cd's which came out years ago priced at £16+. There are a few gems at £5 but it's rare.

I buy from Zavvi now mostly.

Solice
17-02-10, 05:02
I just luv Magenta

yarYjuN-m8I

AmericanAssassin
17-02-10, 05:03
^ Woohoo! :yah: I'm totally going to get up do that dance now. :jmp:

LaraDoppel
17-02-10, 05:14
"Well i was walkin' down the street just-a havin a think When a snake of a guy gave me an evil wink He shook me up, he took me by surprise He had a pickup truck and the devil's eyes. He stared at me and I felt a change Time meant nothing, never would again
Let's do the Time Warp again!

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 11:23
i loooooooove this movie/musical - i was thinking of watching it this week actually!

tim curry = legend :p

Jo269976
17-02-10, 11:29
Amazing thread! :yah:

By far one of my favourite productions of all time, I love the movie so much :D! I'm so happy the remake got cancelled, that would have been blasphemy against the Rocky Horror name. But yeah, I know pretty much all the songs in the movie by heart, the Time Warp of course, most of the shout out lines (some rather risqué ones :p).

I've only seen the show live once, but it was fantastic, I can't wait to see it again, and I'll definitely be going in costume.

For those looking for the DVD, I managed to get a copy that came with 'Shock Treatment', the sequel to Rocky Horror. I'd have a look and see if that's still out there, it was only £5. So yeah, it came bundled with RHPS, that's three copies of the movie I have now, but oh well :p

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 11:30
isn't there a sequel? - im sure it came with my copy of the dvd.

]{eith
17-02-10, 11:31
Such a wonderful movie. I haven't seen it in a while, must watch it again. <33333

Jo269976
17-02-10, 11:34
isn't there a sequel? - im sure it came with my copy of the dvd.

Yep, 'Shock Treatment'.

DnvVtCC-nsw

Starring Richard O'Brien (Riff Raff), Patricia Quinn (Magenta) and Little Nell (Columbia) as different characters. Janet and Brad (played by different actors, may I add) are the only returning characters, but there are cameos from RHPS actors :D.

Richard O'Brien was actually working on a direct sequel for RHPS, that would involve Frank N' Furter's mother, The Queen.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 11:34
kewl :) is it any good? x

Jo269976
17-02-10, 11:37
kewl :) is it any good? x

It's not as good as RHPS, but it has a few song gems in it, just try to forget RHPS when you watch it to avoid disappointment. :p

One of my favourites from 'Shock Treatment':
3e4BCOrLmJ0

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 11:39
haha ok :p i'll watch it and see what i think :) xxx

Jo269976
17-02-10, 11:41
Awesome, I hope you enjoy, I thought it was quite underrated :tmb:

No Tim Curry cameo, sadly.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 11:42
i'm sure i will like it :) bit disapointing bout tim curry :(

Jo269976
17-02-10, 11:45
Rocky Horror Picture Show Part II (3) - Details (most likely won't be made) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenge_of_the_Old_Queen)

Opening song for ROTOQ:
lXxhqQVtSbE

Dennis's Mom
17-02-10, 13:20
I have yet to see this film, although, I've heard countless claims of praise worthy reviews for such a whacky film. I really do need to give it a view and see what the big deal is.

Oooh. A virgin. :D

Reading the replies in this thread, I'm speechless. Watching Rocky Horror on DVD? The horror!

Back in high school, we used to the midnight show at the Highland Park theater in Dallas. That's watching Rocky Horror.

Before the show, they used to run a Tim Curry music video, Paradise Garage. (http://www.strimoo.com/video/15862004/Tim-Curry-Paradise-Garage-par-Tim-Curry-MySpaceVideos.html) Everyone used to scream when the Frank N. Furter lookalike walked past. What doesn't show well is the expression on Tim's face as he walks by. He makes a decided puss. After a while, they changed it to J. Geil's "Love Stinks, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GluCM_ggMvw)" which epitomizes everything that's right about music videos. :D

Good times. :jmp: Somewhere in my life I lost my soundtrack. I think I lent it to Kori and I never got it back. :(

TombRaiderLover
17-02-10, 14:37
There's nothing more surreal than reading old posts of yours when a thread is resurrected.

The film is being released on Blu-ray in a 35th Anniversary Edition later this year. ;)

Nenya awakens
17-02-10, 14:38
Toucha toucha toucha touch me, I wanna be dirrrtyyy.

xXhayleyroxXx
17-02-10, 14:50
Toucha toucha toucha touch me, I wanna be dirrrtyyy.

omg gee thanks for putting that in my head :ton: