PDA

View Full Version : Ashes To Ashes

Angelus
08-02-08, 20:13
http://i28.************/sncfwm.jpg

Did anyone watch this? I loved Life on Mars, so I couldn't wait for this... especially with Keeley Hawes starring in it. :D

I laughed out loud when Alex (Keeley) said "I'm stong enough. I'm strong enough to face you"... considering she is the voice of Lara Croft, it's kind of funny. :p

Just post your thoughts on the show in here.

Trigger_happy
08-02-08, 20:55
I thought that the first episode was a corker! Keeley is perfect in the role, and she looks a bomb! The script is well written, and I think that her character is more balanced, and well, clever than Sam's.

Angelus
08-02-08, 20:58
I thought that the first episode was a corker! Keeley is perfect in the role, and she looks a bomb! The script is well written, and I think that her character is more balanced, and well, clever than Sam's.

I agree with everything... except the comment about Sam. :p

I wasn't expecting it to be as good as it actually was. I can't wait for next weeks episode!

EDIT: The episode was viewed by seven million people!

Trigger_happy
08-02-08, 21:08
7 million, wow. I didn't realise it was that popular. I like it that Alex seems to have a purpose- Sam never really found out why he was there, but Alex seems determined to figure everything, even the pointless stuff out. That's only my opinion, and it may be just slightly swayed by how hot Keeley is...

Angelus
08-02-08, 21:23
7 million, wow. I didn't realise it was that popular. I like it that Alex seems to have a purpose- Sam never really found out why he was there, but Alex seems determined to figure everything, even the pointless stuff out. That's only my opinion, and it may be just slightly swayed by how hot Keeley is...

:vlol:

I liked the fact that she knew exactly what was happening (well... parts of it). One thing I was dreading was Alex doing exactly what Sam did, such as finding what where she was, what was happening and things like it... she's really on the ball.

Greven
09-02-08, 18:33
I saw it the other night and thought it was good except the music reminded me of my old job cleaning cinemas (80's house music, aieee!).

I haven't seen much Life on Mars yet so I might have to chase that one down too.

Nausinous
15-02-08, 11:25
This was bloody brilliant last night! Keeley Hawes is so gorgeous and talented. I definately want to keep her as Lara Croft now! :jmp:

Oh how much were you jumping on your seats when she said...
"I'm strong enough to take you Arthur!" (Somet like that)
What with all the excalibur & king arthur stuff in TR, I was grinning like an idiot. Can't wait for the next episode!

Rivendell
15-02-08, 11:27
Crap, I forgot to watch it. Is it repeated?

jarhead
15-02-08, 11:44
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b008yvl8.shtml

I player has become my new best friend. Gonna watch this now- I love Keely Hawes.

disneyprincess20
15-02-08, 12:22
I really like it! I didn't see Life on Mars so I'm sort of figuring it out as I go, but I think it's great. Gene Hunt had the best line in the first episode:

Sees Alex, wearing a white leather Jacket, holding her gun and leaning on the side of the Quattro

Alex: What?

Hunt: You, holding that gun, in Leather. Gives me the horn.

Priceless! :D

I'm not so sure about the Mother though, I think that could be a really strange story line...

Another Lara
15-02-08, 13:58
Sees Alex, wearing a white leather Jacket, holding her gun and leaning on the side of the Quattro

Alex: What?

Hunt: You, holding that gun, in Leather. Gives me the horn.

Priceless! :D

I haven't laughed so hard in bloody ages when I saw that bit!!!:vlol:

God I love Gene Hunt!:D

Night Crawler
15-02-08, 13:59
I never got into Life on Mars but I've been watching this, I love all the 80's stuff in it, and I love Alex's attitude to the whole situation, how she's taking it all in her stride. I find it hilarious how she keeps referring to everyone as mere figments of her imagination. :D

kryptonite23
15-02-08, 14:23
I never heard or seen this movie :(

Angelus
15-02-08, 14:27
I never got into Life on Mars but I've been watching this, I love all the 80's stuff in it, and I love Alex's attitude to the whole situation, how she's taking it all in her stride. I find it hilarious how she keeps referring to everyone as mere figments of her imagination. :D

This is my fantasy, so you'll listen to me! :D

Last night's episode was great. Keeley Hawes is great as Alex, and I'm not just seeing her as Lara anymore. :tmb:

disneyprincess20
15-02-08, 14:37
I haven't laughed so hard in bloody ages when I saw that bit!!!:vlol:

God I love Gene Hunt!:D

Same here, my man thought I was having a heart attack! :D

Greven
15-02-08, 22:57
Saw the second episode yesterday too and liked it overall. Gene Hunt is my favourite b****** :D.

Alex's not as easy to like as Sam Tyler probably because he had the demeanour of a confused, beaten puppy most of the time while she's pretty sure of herself. You just know though that something's going to happen to rattle her out of that attitude.

My flatmate watched me play Tomb Raider Anniversary (she likes the game but doesn't want to actually play it :p) so when we watched this she was wondering where she had heard that voice before... heheh.

Trigger_happy
15-02-08, 23:02

I love those snide comments: "This is my fantasy, I will be listened to!" :D