PDA

View Full Version : Hair Dye Question

RockSteady101
08-02-08, 20:23
Hello Ya'll!

Want to get a streak through my hair, something like this, a turqouise/eectric blue..but I want it to be neon'y, if you understand.

http://www.ghetto-rock.com/Afbeeldingen/produkten/turquoise.jpg

Any particular product recomendations/steps; ect?

Thankies! :wve:

deepbluesea
08-02-08, 20:26
Use directions hair dye, bleach it first and leave it on for 30 mins, thats how i do mine every time

RockSteady101
08-02-08, 20:27
Use directions hair dye, bleach it first and leave it on for 30 mins, thats how i do mine every time

Do you do that it shade? :)

deepbluesea
08-02-08, 20:28
yes many times as well as a darker one and pink

search on the internet for directions they have many colours

Seb_01225
08-02-08, 20:58
i havent dyed my hair in so long.

i used to have to shave it off coz it was in bad condition.

anyways that colours nice but bleech first :)

Kamnelomo
08-02-08, 21:17
Just...doh, everybody say that only gays dye hair... I mean, male. :D And... *psst**whispers*I want to have a reddish shade of brown...*psst*

TombFreak
08-02-08, 21:22
Okay, can someone help me?

I don't want to dye my hair using the chemical based stuff, but I heard there is this thing, like a shampoo. You use it in the shower and it apparently dyes your hair?

Kamnelomo
08-02-08, 21:23
Okay, can someone help me?

I don't want to dye my hair using the chemical based stuff, but I heard there is this thing, like a shampoo. You use it in the shower and it apparently dyes your hair?

Yeah. You just need to not to wash it off for 5-7 minutes, or time mentioned on the shampoo bottle itself. :) It depends on how hard you want to dye it.

TombFreak
09-02-08, 03:56
My hair is like medium brown, and I want to dye it black, and if it needs to stay in there for 5-7 minutes IN the shower! My water bill is going to go up.:p

myrmaad
09-02-08, 06:17
I'm in the shower 15 minutes minimum :whi: :o

Kamnelomo
09-02-08, 10:35
The same. :)

lita212
09-02-08, 14:27
Hello Ya'll!

Want to get a streak through my hair, something like this, a turqouise/eectric blue..but I want it to be neon'y, if you understand.

http://www.ghetto-rock.com/Afbeeldingen/produkten/turquoise.jpg

Any particular product recomendations/steps; ect?

Thankies! :wve:

get it done proffessionally otherwise ya cud end up messing ya hair up if you bleach it yourself

TombFreak
09-02-08, 15:06
Well, I do spend like 15 minutes in the shower. :vlol:

lita212
09-02-08, 15:19
Well, I do spend like 15 minutes in the shower. :vlol:

i know but if she has dark hair and bleaches it to the dye it blue then her hair will damage badly. it may look good but bleach is harsh to hair especially if its dark.

Encore
09-02-08, 15:53
I use blue as well (and also used pink). I bleached it at a beauty salon; and then I bought the blue dye and applied it at home. The bleaching process can seriously damage your hair so I would recomend getting it done professionally. After the hair is bleached the rest is easy.

RockSteady101
09-02-08, 16:08
i know but if she has dark hair and bleaches it to the dye it blue then her hair will damage badly. it may look good but bleach is harsh to hair especially if its dark.

He ;)

I want a streak through it, but I bought a stong colouring gel, so I can spike it and have my streak anyway. :D

touchthesky
09-02-08, 16:32
1. What colours your natural hair?
2. Go to a professional to get it pre-lightended before you put that colour on it, otherwise you may end up going head over heels and ruining your hair.
3. Good luck.

findme
09-02-08, 16:45
Just...doh, everybody say that only gays dye hair... I mean, male. :D And... *psst**whispers*I want to have a reddish shade of brown...*psst*

No...where did you hear this from? Total bull****.

And yea, depending on yoiur hair colour, if you're blonde then I see no reason to bleach it, but if you have dark hair, then you should.

I have had no problems when I bleached my hair at home.

touchthesky
09-02-08, 18:25
I have had no problems when I bleached my hair at home.

A lot of people don't. But then, there's the people that do.

Last time I bleached my hair at home my face went HELLA swelled. I've been dying and bleaching my hair (I'd used this dye before, numerous times) since I was 13, I'm 17 now.

People forget to do strand tests, sensitivity tests, etc and then they lose hair.
I was lucky.

The once I didn't test it, that happens. But that was all that happened.

@threadmaker
If you're not too clued up on it, don't do it.

Kamnelomo
09-02-08, 18:38
No...where did you hear this from? Total bull****.

*sigh* Yes, you are right... That makes no sense, but everybody truly believe in that. *sigh*

At least I can make spiky hair. Lots of hairgel on shelves... Hmmm... :mis:

TombFreak
09-02-08, 20:17
I have dye in my hair right now!:jmp: My first time!!! Its Funky Cherrie!!!

Kamnelomo
09-02-08, 20:18
I have dye in my hair right now!:jmp: My first time!!! Its Funky Cherrie!!!

Quite a colour, yes! :D

TombFreak
09-02-08, 20:49
I just got done with it, it dyed my highlights bright burgendy! :eek: But its cool.:jmp: