PDA

View Full Version : Just saw Rambo

oocladableeblah
09-02-08, 05:55
I haven't seen the older rambos, but I just got back from the theater to see the new one and omg it was awesome. :D I loved all the action and gore in it :jmp: anyone else seen this movie?

CAISACO
09-02-08, 06:40
Yeah. I thought it was the dumbest movie in the world :vlol:

Admles
09-02-08, 06:46
It was average.

The first Rambo movie was really well done I feel, even if it did deviate from the book in one major way; however if they hadn't had that deviation, they couldn't have made more movies.

In the original novel, Rambo is killed at the end by the colonel.

myrmaad
09-02-08, 07:00
It was average.

The first Rambo movie was really well done I feel, even if it did deviate from the book in one major way; however if they hadn't had that deviation, they couldn't have made more movies.

You could have left it at this. :)

Zelda master
09-02-08, 10:13
Haven´t seen it yet, but for what ive seen, its incredibley fake...
I meen comming removing someone´s lerics by hand never:rolleyes:

Punaxe
09-02-08, 11:00
We have to wait till the 21st till we can see it Zelda master... :p
I'm not expecting much of it but I'll probably go see it.

rowanlim
09-02-08, 11:00
I haven't seen it, but I doubt watching a 64-year-old guy wielding guns & spraying bullets on-screen is going to make my day :p

I like the review by the Star newspaper in Malaysia :ton:

It looks like an action film and sounds like an action film, but make no mistake, dear reader: Sylvester Stallone’s fourth instalment of the Rambo franchise is not an action film.
It’s probably the year’s grisliest horror flick.

Oh, yes. In his effort to upstage the earlier movies, or perhaps affected by the human growth hormone he used to get buff, Stallone has gone all mental and made The Myanmar Machete Massacre.

The large body count alone says it all. According to a chart compiled by terrorism expert and author John Mueller, this outing is the bloodiest Rambo yet, with a death toll of 236 in 93 minutes — that’s 2.59 bodies per minute.

To put things in perspective, 132 people died in Rambo III (which made the 1990 Guinness Book of World Records as the most violent movie), 69 in Rambo: First Blood Part II, and only one in First Blood.

Yes, we are seeing an escalation in attrition and debauchery as Rambo ages disgracefully.

Mueller says the new movie, written and directed by Stallone himself, shows “the most depraved level of man’s inhumanity to man”.

Having been caught unprepared by the wanton level of violence and gore, I cannot but agree with his assessment.

Hehehehehehe :D

Link: http://star-ecentral.com/movies/reviews/review.asp?file=archives/movie_reviews/2008/2/4_2_Rambo4JohnRambo&title=Rambo%204:%20John%20Rambo&id=1450&rid=1428&sec=Movies

Apofiss
09-02-08, 11:08
Satisfied ending for a Rambo movie, liked it a lot :-D

Angelus
09-02-08, 13:08
Julie Benz is in this, isn't she? Yum.

Veronica Ma
09-02-08, 14:52
It looks like an action film and sounds like an action film, but make no mistake, dear reader: Sylvester Stallone’s fourth instalment of the Rambo franchise is not an action film.
It’s probably the year’s grisliest horror flick.Oi! Think I'll pass. :vlol: