PDA

View Full Version : screen captures

TRINERTIA
19-05-03, 02:00
Didn't really know where to post this, so it can go here. I've got a bit of a problem here ragarding taking screen captures in DVDs. When I hit the Print Screen key, and then either open up Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, I can't get the image to come up how I'd like. This is kind of hard to explain. When I take the capture and then paste it in the program, the image pasted into the program isn't "static", meaning it will continue doing everything that the actual movie is doing, whether it continues running, pauses, fast forwards, rewinds, etc. If I save the image, the problem persists. And when I close the movie altogether, the image I saved will be completely black. This is so odd. I've been using PowerDVD to watch movies so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. Could someone help me here? There are a few shots in several movies that I must have and I'm not able to grab them and I know it is possible to do so.

tlr online
19-05-03, 02:04
Trinity. I know exactly what you mean, and it's because of "overlay" that this happens. I'm not sure of any apps that will allow you to take snaps from DVDs although perhaps someone else has some ideas.

Trinity34
19-05-03, 02:17
Hi Trinity.

Someone else had the same question a while back. Look HERE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=9;t=001883)

TRINERTIA
19-05-03, 04:46
Thanks for the responses guys. I'll check out that link, Trin.

BTW, tlr, this forum is looking excellent!