PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

KurtisandLara
01-10-09, 17:58
Actually quite a few people would like a multiplayer TR game if it was done correctly. People said it wouldn't fit into Uncharted...look at it now :whi:

TRAE was supposed to be multiplayer.

Titak
01-10-09, 18:03
I don't want a multiplayer Tomb Raider. :(
I want to be alone with Lara while raiding tombs. :D

Surohicko
01-10-09, 21:19
TRNG - Detected Unrecoverable Crash
Informations about current crash saved in following file:

"C:\Program Files\Core Design\trle\Last_Crash_2.txt"

NOTE: you removed CRS (Crash Resume System). If you want avoid crashes you should enable newly CRS

Urm.. how do i this or fix this
Whatever it is explain to me

aktrekker
02-10-09, 01:10
Thanks for the help! :D But My problem was not about the looping, It was about the Flyby with the Heavy trigger under it, and whenever It reaches the Flyby and finsihes it, the whole Game would crash! :(

In your script, you have to set the LoadCamera to a valid position in your level. If you don't want to worry about it for now, use
LoadCamera=0,0,0,0,0,0,255

Titak
02-10-09, 13:53
TRNG - Detected Unrecoverable Crash
Informations about current crash saved in following file:

"C:\Program Files\Core Design\trle\Last_Crash_2.txt"

NOTE: you removed CRS (Crash Resume System). If you want avoid crashes you should enable newly CRS

Urm.. how do i this or fix this
Whatever it is explain to me
You'll have to give us some more information than that.
Like when does it crash? While loading, or somewhere in the level or...

Enabling CRS does not alway solve the problem, so it is best to figure out what is wrong in the first place.

Surohicko
02-10-09, 14:03
It doesn't matter Titak enabling CRS fixed this but i do have another question...

What does
'Arg list too big' mean???
I get that when i load up the room edit...

Titak
02-10-09, 14:21
That message appears when the Room Editor can't find the TGA textureset.
This happens when the TGA has been moved or when it has been given another name or when you want to open the prj on another computer where the LE is installed in another folder.
The Room Editor then wants to use the path that is stored in its memory but can't because the path has changed.

So you'll have to load the TGA manually (you're basically assigning a new path this way). Save the prj and the next time it should load without problems. :D

snork
02-10-09, 14:30
it means the editor can't find your object files / texture files.

typically because you do not have them in their default location and the path of those files or/and the filename contains evil letters, typically it has a space in it.

Let's say the wad is in F:\my trle\graphics\wads\
then the editor gives up at the space between my and trle.

No big problem :
- name your things with normal letters, max 8 letters long (just to be on the safe side)
- name your folders without spaces, if you want structure in the names you can use _ instead
- You can always click "OK" on that message and then go "Objects -> Load objects" and "Textures -> Load TGA" and there you are.

edit - yes, I am obviously a very slow typer ...

Surohicko
02-10-09, 15:29
Thank you :D
I thought it would be someone more serious since i usually mess up this level editor ;)

tombraiderxii
03-10-09, 21:21
Hello everyone. :wve:

How would you do this...

I have a pushable block and push it to a certain block. It triggers a rasing block to unraise where I put in a puzzle piece object to trigger the block to 'teleport'. As in I put another push block on another block (set as invisiable until i trigger it), but I want the first push block to disappear, ths completing the illusion that the block has been teleported?

Titak
03-10-09, 21:36
The teleporting sounds like something TRNG could pull off. And that would be actually teleporting the pushable, instead of triggering the first pushable invisible and the previously invisible pushable (the second one) to become visible.

All the other stuff you mentioned (placing a pushable on a tile, thus triggering a raising block to go down, placing a puzzlepiece) is possible with the regular TRLE. But I'm not sure if pushables can be made invisible with the regular TRLE. I've never tried that. :o

tombraiderxii
03-10-09, 22:10
yeah I'm using TRNG with this, but how would I do it?

aktrekker
03-10-09, 22:35
Hello everyone. :wve:

How would you do this...

I have a pushable block and push it to a certain block. It triggers a rasing block to unraise where I put in a puzzle piece object to trigger the block to 'teleport'. As in I put another push block on another block (set as invisiable until i trigger it), but I want the first push block to disappear, ths completing the illusion that the block has been teleported?

What if the trigger square for the first block is a falling block that falls into the floor. The pushable would sink out of sight, and look just like part of the floor.

Mystery-King
04-10-09, 08:28
Where can I find some statues and fountains? I've looked on TRSearch & Levelbase and I liek the gargoyle and Lara statue. But can someone point me to some more nice ones? (High-ish Quality...) Maybe like the ones in TRA and TRL Manor? Thanks!

Titak
04-10-09, 09:13
Sorry, I've never seen statues like that on TR Search Engine and/or Lara's Levelbase yet.
But maybe someone else has...

mudkip25
04-10-09, 14:48
I read earlier that the animations from TRAR (the ledgejumps that Titia made) were okay to use and when I use them with her Animation tutorial, she jumps off the wrong height, so I checked the script and animation, but there was nothing wrong with it, so when I output my wad to play me level, Lara does the animation but hangs on the ledge after that :(

Mystery-King
04-10-09, 19:48
My Level Editor has completely gone broke. It won't recognise any file, its path anything. Is there anyway I can reinstall it so as if I've installed it for the first time again? I've uninstalled it before and deleted every possible file to link with it but when I reinstall it it goes back to it was before hand! Help!

Surohicko
04-10-09, 19:50
Ditto to Mystery-King :mad:

aktrekker
04-10-09, 20:31
Uninstall the LE the download and run TRRC (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/download/trrc.exe) to clean the registry.
Then reinstall in My Documents. This will fix the access problem.

Mystery-King
04-10-09, 20:45
Done it but the LE still won'te work. Its as broken as before!

mudkip25
04-10-09, 20:57
Whattabout my question :confused:
I read earlier that the animations from TRAR (the ledgejumps that Titia made) were okay to use and when I use them with her Animation tutorial, she jumps off the wrong height, so I checked the script and animation, but there was nothing wrong with it, so when I output my wad to play me level, Lara does the animation but hangs on the ledge after that :(

God Horus
04-10-09, 20:57
So if the LE is totally uninstalled, this is a risky thing but I do it sometimes when things don't properly uninstall, go in your Program Files\Core Design\Level Editor folder and delete the entire thing, then re download and re install it.

aktrekker
05-10-09, 02:48
@Mystery-King

Uninstalling should remove the TRLE folder. OK,
1) Do you have more than one copy installed?
2) Do you have NGLE or TRNG installed?
3) Where did you download TRLE?
4) Describe the exact steps you use to install it.
5) Describe exactly what you are doing when the problem happens, including the exact error message it gives.

Mystery-King
05-10-09, 06:51
@Mystery-King

Uninstalling should remove the TRLE folder. OK,
1) Do you have more than one copy installed?
2) Do you have NGLE or TRNG installed?
3) Where did you download TRLE?
4) Describe the exact steps you use to install it.
5) Describe exactly what you are doing when the problem happens, including the exact error message it gives.

1) I had one in the folder 'Tomb Raider Level Editor' That messed up so I deleted that. And another in 'TRLE' which I'm trying to get rid of.
2) I have TRNG installed
3) Tomb Raider Chronicles .com
4) Exactly as it said except I changed the file name it was going to be.
5) The dreaded 'arg list too big' with every texture set. 'Can not find path. Please ensure it is correct.' with the script. Object errors and messed up textures.

aktrekker
05-10-09, 07:23
5) The dreaded 'arg list too big' with every texture set. 'Can not find path. Please ensure it is correct.' with the script. Object errors and messed up textures.

Finally we are getting somewhere.

You can't have a space in the filename. If you do, it won't find the file. This includes textures and wad files.
You need to rename the files so they don't have a space in the name. Then you will have to reload them into the project. After that there shouldn't be a problem.

If that is not the problem, then there are 2 other things to try.
1) Change winroomedit to Win98 compatibility.
and
2) Right click winroomedit and select Run as Administrator.

!Lara Croft!
05-10-09, 08:12

Im having trouble with the Jump-Backwards-Off-Ledge anim. Its perfect, the commands are correct and everything, but she jumps into the ledge.

She turns and jumps like she should but then suddenly shes facing the ledge and jumping into it.

KurtisandLara
05-10-09, 08:19
Add effect 0 to the animation !Lara Croft!.

Mystery-King
05-10-09, 14:50
Finally we are getting somewhere.

You can't have a space in the filename. If you do, it won't find the file. This includes textures and wad files.
You need to rename the files so they don't have a space in the name. Then you will have to reload them into the project. After that there shouldn't be a problem.

If that is not the problem, then there are 2 other things to try.
1) Change winroomedit to Win98 compatibility.
and
2) Right click winroomedit and select Run as Administrator.

I know all about the 'arg list' business and no there aren't any gaps anywhere. I'll see about the compatibility.

Joecroft
06-10-09, 22:18
hey guys, I need help again ='/
I modified a headmesh in meta, and whem i try to texturing in strpix with the old textures, the textures are diferents, know anyone why?
Edit: sorry, i don't need more help, a friend help me, but thanks a lot xD

ViNi__
09-10-09, 16:49
well, I have a problem with meta :o
I can't modify the meshes using decimal numbers, only whole numbers....
the "move" tool, is not accepting them anymore.
I already made some objects, but this problem only happened after I formatted my pc :(
I don't know if it is a wrong configuration or something like this...

Titak
09-10-09, 18:16
^
Local settings (via Control panel) should be set to English.

1upMushroom
09-10-09, 19:10
well, I have a problem with meta :o
I can't modify the meshes using decimal numbers, only whole numbers....
the "move" tool, is not accepting them anymore.
I already made some objects, but this problem only happened after I formatted my pc :(
I don't know if it is a wrong configuration or something like this...

Is the decimal formed with a point . or a comma , ?

Have you tried both? I'm not sure what the settings are exactly, but if your computer system is set to certain countries, it will expect a comma rather than a decimal point.

ViNi__
09-10-09, 21:25
^
Local settings (via Control panel) should be set to English.
hmm, that's the language option in the configuration panel?
I couldn't find this control panel http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/ViNi__/bag.gif

Is the decimal formed with a point . or a comma , ?

Have you tried both? I'm not sure what the settings are exactly, but if your computer system is set to certain countries, it will expect a comma rather than a decimal point.

Yes, I've tried both :o
Here we use the comma, but metasequoia don't accept it, so I've always used the point... it appears when I type it, but the numbers reset to 0 :(

Titak
09-10-09, 21:39
It's not the language option. It is the option for numbers. It should be set to English so the dot will be used as comma.
And it is indeed in the configuration panel. (I thought it was called control panel in english... :o). It is the Country Settings or Local Settings. Not sure what it is called in english either.

ViNi__
09-10-09, 22:26
Gosh, I really can't find it, I'm already blushing here... http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb54/ViNi__/bag.gif

well, thank you very very much Titak and 1upMushroom, later I'll look with more patience :)

1upMushroom
09-10-09, 22:56
Okay, go to your start menu, and click Control Panel.
In classic view
Click on regional and language options.

Choose your language (I have English, United Kingdom), and press the customize button.

Now put a point in the decimal symbol box. :D
Be sure to save or apply the changes

In Category view if you click date time and regional settings, then change the format of numbers, it will also bring up the language window.

ViNi__
10-10-09, 20:36
OMG, IT WORKS *0*

I have no words to thank you two :o
sorry for my dumbness and thank you very very very much :o

anniversarytr11
10-10-09, 20:48
i need help on tomb raider level editor, i keep going to save the output wad but it just comes up with 'invalid door(s) in room 11 : x 7, y 2, : x 7, y 3' ive gone to the room but i dont know what to do. can anyone help?

KurtisandLara
10-10-09, 20:49
Delete all your doors in room 11 and then re-add them :).

anniversarytr11
10-10-09, 21:00
Delete all your doors in room 11 and then re-add them :).

how do you delete a door??

Peanut
10-10-09, 21:02
how do you delete a door??

You click on the door, The black part in the 2d Map. And press delete on your keyboard.

anniversarytr11
10-10-09, 21:13
thanks its fixed :)

Mystery-King
11-10-09, 15:25
I added a couple of objects to the tut wad and now lara keeps shooting bums! Even the pistols in her inventory are bums. what should I do?

God Horus
11-10-09, 15:34
Add the gunshell object to your wad. You don't have it.

AmericanAssassin
13-10-09, 20:46
Not that any of you really care, but I've started working (re-working really) on my AMP project again. Yay me. I won't let it die. :mis:

1upMushroom
13-10-09, 21:30
Not that any of you really care, but I've started working (re-working really) on my AMP project again. Yay me. I won't let it die. :mis:

Good for you! :tmb:
Don't let your project die, see it through. :D

KurtisandLara
15-10-09, 23:42
Didn't think this question diserved a new thread :o.
How can i make it so when lara pushes 4 blocks onto 4 differant tiles 2 doors open. And when she pushing the block on the correct tile it raises a block (raiseable_block1) up right away.
I have it set now so when she pushes the 4 blocks on the 4 squares the doors open and the raiseables dont rise. I have them trigger but i can't figure it out :o. They wont rise.

aktrekker
16-10-09, 00:20
That would require 2 different special triggers on the same square. You can't.
Unless you are using TRNG, then you might be able to do it. But then this would belong in the TRNG forum :ton:

KyleCroft
16-10-09, 00:33
Didn't think this question diserved a new thread :o.
How can i make it so when lara pushes 4 blocks onto 4 differant tiles 2 doors open. And when she pushing the block on the correct tile it raises a block (raiseable_block1) up right away.
I have it set now so when she pushes the 4 blocks on the 4 squares the doors open and the raiseables dont rise. I have them trigger but i can't figure it out :o. They wont rise.

It wont work, I believe :(

Seeing as in order to have 4 heavy triggers to open one door, each of the heavy triggers must be fragmented (IE pushing the 1-5 buttons) therefor the heavy trigger would only trigger 1/5 of a trigger.... So no, I dont believe its possible :(

Unless, when hitting O when selecting an object, and you deselect all the buttons except for the one that is pushed down in the heavy trigger.... Hmmm... that may work?

KurtisandLara
16-10-09, 00:37
Im using TRNG.
I think i get what i have to do since i would be needing TRNG to do it :o.

Uzi master
16-10-09, 00:48
Hi I'm having trouble with these doors, first ones supposed to open whe you go in-front of it, I set the trigger but its not working ive tried a few things but I cant even walk on the same sqaure as it, invisble box theing

second: I'm also making a double key door, but the triggers arent working right, either one opens the door without the other so what was the thing again? seriously though what is it? the trigger setup I meen I'd look on some sight but I just don't want to search too much:p (though I can write this)

KyleCroft
16-10-09, 00:52
Ok UZI Master...

This is the setup:

- Trigger the doors with plain triggers on the two squares you want...
- Select the first key, and set the trigger properties to 'KEY' and have only buttons 1 and 2 pushed down, hit ok and trigger it
- Do the same with the other, but instead only have 3, 4, and 5 pushed down. Trigger.

That should work.

mudkip25
16-10-09, 03:46
I just asked about ledge jump anims a while ago. My ledge up animation ends with Lara on the ledge in a wierd position and the ledge back animation loops.

aktrekker
16-10-09, 05:03
There is a tutorial about using multiple triggers. And you don't need to search much, there is an index. Just saying...

The door should always be placed in the opening between two rooms. If the invisible block is blocking you from the door, you have to move the door to the other side of the opening, in the other room, and rotate the door 180.

Titak
16-10-09, 14:02
I just asked about ledge jump anims a while ago. My ledge up animation ends with Lara on the ledge in a wierd position and the ledge back animation loops.If an animation loops you should check in Animation Editor if it has the same animation number in the "next animation" box.
If it is the same animation, then you should type in the number of the animation it should go to next.

mudkip25
16-10-09, 14:42
I tried it and Lara still loops except every other loop, Lara turns the opposite direction

can somebody just send me TRAR ledge anims? ones that work please :o

Titak
16-10-09, 15:11
There's something wrong with your animation setup then.
The slightest mistake can cause enormous problems.

But it's hard to say what wrong in your case from way over here.

mudkip25
16-10-09, 15:18
I just ripped the animations from TRAR, then I did what you told me to do. I'll just ask someone for it. Thx anyways Titia :hug:

Titak
16-10-09, 15:34
Well, if you are using those animations it is best to ask whoever worked on TRAR to ask what should be done exactly.

Do you also have the original LARA object from TRAR?
If so, then you could check it to see how the animations are linked and what effects have been added to make them work properly.

mudkip25
16-10-09, 15:39
I'll try that! :D btw I sent a pm to Seilion for the anims.

Surohicko
16-10-09, 21:42
How do i put new title load co ordinates ??

God Horus
16-10-09, 21:44
What do you mean title load coordinates?

Do you mean the image which is there before the title, or the image that plays when you start newgame after the title?

KurtisandLara
16-10-09, 21:44
Change the Load Screen coordinates. (http://www.skribblerz.com/loadscreen.htm)
I think that might help. :).

Surohicko
16-10-09, 21:47

tombraider1703
17-10-09, 13:35
I set up the scales puzzle with Ahmet and when pouring the wrong value of water in the scales the door of the Ahmet Cage opens and Lara has to fight the Ahmet. When the right value is poured in the Scales the door to exit the room opens.
Now the problem:
When Lara kills the Ahmet, he´s set on fire and explodes but after that he don´t respawn.:confused:
the Scales reset.
After a few seconds the door of the cage opens again O___o

KurtisandLara
18-10-09, 01:46
Could someone convert a BMP to a Raw file for me please. I have the BMP.

aktrekker
18-10-09, 03:38
There is a tool called bmp2raw. Google it.

KurtisandLara
18-10-09, 03:39
I got it thanks aktrekker :D.

tomblover
18-10-09, 18:11
Is there any geometry tutorial for TRLE? I suck at making natural enviroments...

Mystery-King
18-10-09, 21:07
Is there any geometry tutorial for TRLE? I suck at making natural enviroments...

Take your time, thats my advice.

OK, this is a bit embarassing but I want this...

'When Lara places a pushable object on a square a door opens,how do I do this?'

(It's for a secret project. Details soon!)

mudkip25
18-10-09, 21:51
Take your time, thats my advice.

OK, this is a bit embarassing but I want this...

'When Lara places a pushable object on a square a door opens,how do I do this?'

(It's for a secret project. Details soon!)

Heavy Trigger

tombraider1703
19-10-09, 11:15
which ocb do i have to enter in the ocb box of the wall-hole-switch so that lara plays the right animation?

KurtisandLara
19-10-09, 11:26
1, 2 or 3. Try them... I can't remember the exact one. It tells you in wadmergers "switch editor" thing.

tombraider1703
19-10-09, 11:42
1, 2 or 3. Try them... I can't remember the exact one. It tells you in wadmergers "switch editor" thing.

KurtisandLara
19-10-09, 11:49
np :D.

ajewers
19-10-09, 20:45
Okay in wadmerger, is there a way to make a mesh rotate around a specific point in the animation editor? I have two meshes, one is mesh 0 and then attached to it in the mesh tree is mesh 1. I need mesh one to rotate around the centre of mesh 0, rather than the point 0,0,0. I tried Meshes > move center but it doesnt seem to work?

Picture to illustrate....
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/PendulumBladeProb.jpg

Outlined in green is mesh 1, and mesh 0 is the small black cylinder at the top. I need mesh 1 to rotate around mesh 0.

Anyone know how?

KurtisandLara
19-10-09, 21:26
Next to the Move Mesh button is a Rotate button. use that.

God Horus
24-10-09, 00:08
I have a question, Tension's TR4 Manor on TRLE.net is supposed to be the one that has the PRJ and stuff in it right? Because I downloaded it today and there is nothing there.

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 00:09
I have a question, Tension's TR4 Manor on TRLE.net is supposed to be the one that has the PRJ and stuff in it right? Because I downloaded it today and there is nothing there.

What kind of manor is it? Classic or Legend?
If its classic theres a PRJ file on trsearch.

God Horus
24-10-09, 00:10
The classic one because there is something I wanted to check.

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 00:14
Theres a classic one on trsearch.

God Horus
24-10-09, 00:15
I downloaded that one. But it is just the PRJ and TGA. There was a game on TRLE.net called Lara's TR4 Manor and it also included the Wad, TGA and PRJ and when I download the game none of that is there.

Can anyone else download it and see if it is there? Has the file been edited at TRLE.net? :confused:

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 00:25
Ill check now :).

EDIT: Downloaded it. I didn't see a TGA PRJ or WAD. But in the readme for it, it says the PRJ is included.

God Horus
24-10-09, 00:40
I guess the file was changed. But it's ok, I found out what I wanted to know.

sapper
24-10-09, 01:33
trle.net decided to make their downloads easier to install so converted all tom and prj levels to TR4.

Hopefully they kept the original prj levels. trle.net could group them together under a different section so newbies and builders could study them.

Mystery-King
24-10-09, 09:12
I'm puzzled... ;) I want to be able to pick up a piece of paper or whatever and when I go into my inventory, I can examine and read it. I want more than one piece though. How would I do this? And where can I find such a pickup? Thanx. :hug:

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 09:47
You need to put the item in an Examine1 slot. If you want more theres more Examine slots.

Mystery-King
24-10-09, 09:55
Anyone have any links to a decent examin object? The notepad on trsearch is a bit... :o

Surohicko
24-10-09, 10:12
hiya, Just a nooby question :o
How do i make a new title screen??

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 10:34
Mystery, theres a scroll in the library wad :). Its nice.
Suro, check skribblerz.com.

Mystery-King
24-10-09, 11:02
Mystery, theres a scroll in the library wad :). Its nice.
Suro, check skribblerz.com.

Oh course! That'll be prefect! :D Final question (for the minute... ;) ) And I'm afraid it is rather noob-ish. :o I want zombies in my level but most take up the mummy slot. Can I have more than one mummy slot in a level? Can I put it in another slot? How? Thanks! :) Oh and where can I find some nice spider web objects or whatever. Like the ones that were in the cancelled TRLE project 'The Hidden Chalice?' And finally a little problem with the script. Whenever I try to edit and save an error message comes up saying 'blah blah blah make sure file name and path are correct' what should I do?

Los Angeles
24-10-09, 11:03
Btw, is there anywhere a classic manor WITHOUT geometry problems and missing textures? :confused:

mudkip25
24-10-09, 14:19
Can I make an FMV play immediately after I click the tomb4.exe? before I get to the familiar New Game, Load Game etc. part of the game? something like TRAR

KurtisandLara
24-10-09, 14:22
Yes trigger the FMV on the square lara starts on in the title.TR4 level :).

Mystery-King
24-10-09, 14:59
Yes trigger the FMV on the square lara starts on in the title.TR4 level :).

Interesting... what format must the vid be in? .wmv?

God Horus
24-10-09, 15:41
I don't think that will work.

TRAR did it because there is a way to make an FMV play by using TREP. I am pretty sure having a FMV trigger under Lara won't work but I hope I'm wrong :o

ajewers
24-10-09, 16:20
Okay in wadmerger, is there a way to make a mesh rotate around a specific point in the animation editor? I have two meshes, one is mesh 0 and then attached to it in the mesh tree is mesh 1. I need mesh one to rotate around the centre of mesh 0, rather than the point 0,0,0. I tried Meshes > move center but it doesnt seem to work?

Picture to illustrate....
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/PendulumBladeProb.jpg

Outlined in green is mesh 1, and mesh 0 is the small black cylinder at the top. I need mesh 1 to rotate around mesh 0.

Anyone know how?

Next to the Move Mesh button is a Rotate button. use that.

Yeah erm thanks for that.

Although thats not really what i was asking. I know what the rotate button does, unfortunately it makes the object rotate around the wrong place, i was asking if anyone knew how to make it rotate around the point i needed it to?

Mystery-King
24-10-09, 16:48
Where can I find some nice quality old, derelict ruined house textures? I've looked and looked but can't find any!

Surohicko
24-10-09, 17:33
Why don't you look on Google Images...

aktrekker
24-10-09, 20:57
You only get one mummy slot.
Error trying to save most likely means a permission problem. Make sure the file is not read only.
Best solution is to install LE in My Documents.
Alternate solution is right click the text editor icon and select Run As Administrator.

For textures go to CG Textures (http://www.cgtextures.com/). They have lots of textures just like you are looking for. Old brick, old wood, wallpaper, stone, everything you could possibly want. You will have to resize and make them tileable if that's what you want, but they're worth it.

AmericanAssassin
31-10-09, 02:12
It's official. Texturing is evil. :mad: ;) :p

dreamcatcher
31-10-09, 09:55
which editor offers more advantages? the official eidos level editor or dxtre 3d? i also downloaded many files from laraslevelbase.com site and i don't know if they are compatible with any of these versions. could just please someone inform me??????

tranniversary119
31-10-09, 14:38
Hmm, can somebody point me in the right direction. I just got 3D studio Max 10 & I'm not entirely sure how to import files from TR. :o

God Horus
31-10-09, 15:30
It's official. Texturing is evil. :mad: ;) :p

Well I think that texturing is the easiest part of building a level, along with lighting. :p Maybe this is why my last levelset was so horrible.

tranniversary119
31-10-09, 16:44
*sigh*
My level will not load :rolleyes: keeps saying the texture's are missing when there right where their supposed to be. Here's the crash report.
Version=1.2.1.2
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage:Found Extra NG Header
Last directX error:
START_P1:10019AF7
END_P1:1004CB5F
START_P2:10059C78
END_P2:10073D0F
START_P3:1007A697
END_P3:100A55D3
START_P4:10005E37
END_P4:1000E0BE
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0x535889C
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x426F84
REGISTERS:
EAX=53F38A8
EBX=0
ECX=FFFD93FD
EDX=3F
ESI=2F11
EDI=FFFF6500
EBP=465ED0
EIP=426F84
ESP=4E4FDE4
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
1032C620:Ptr_VetBigTails
05F50020:Ptr_MemoriaMesh
05496B90:Ptr_MemoriaVertici
054BC3A8:Ptr_MemoriaListaVertici
00000000:ptr_Memoria1_6Mb
054182F8:Ptr_ObjectCodeArray
0543D548:Ptr_VetBaseOggetti
0547F9B8:Ptr_VetSlotOggetti
00000000:Ptr_BaseImmagineTextureOggetti
00000000:Ptr_VetMeshPointers
00000000:Ptr_ObjjBonesWad
0540CD40:Ptr_VetRoomSlots
0225FDA8:Ptr_VetPointerRooms
00000000:Ptr_MemoriaPerDatiCD
00000000:Ptr_MenuAttivo
0046E4D8:Ptr_Pointer_VetDirectDrawDevice
0046E4F5:ptr_BaseDirectXLibrary
0046E0A8:Ptr_ColorTableEntry
0525AE8C:Ptr_IDirect3DDevice3
0225F8BE:Ptr_TabellaColori
01F5205A:Ptr_MemoriaTexFaces
053F54B0:Ptr_TextureTailInfos
00700BD8:Ptr_DatiPoligoni
05426208:Ptr_VetCodeTriggers
054D6998:Ptr_VetTriggers
053F54B0:Ptr_MemoriaRoomTexInfos
053F94B8:Ptr_ObjectTextureWad
05A40020:Ptr_TextureRawImage
053F38A8:Ptr_MemTestTextureNero
00000000:Ptr_VettorePuntatoriTexture
0547ADB0:Ptr_VetObjectCodeEffetti
0542A6D0:Ptr_VetSoundEffects
05420800:Ptr_VetItemEffetti
00000000:Ptr_MemoriaFileTexture
008148B0:Obj_IDirectDrawSurface3
0086A1B8:Obj_IDirectDraw7
0086A158:Obj_IDirectDraw4
00000000:Obj_IDirect3DTexture2
00000000:Obj_DirectDrawSurface4
00000000:IndiceRoomAttuale
00000000:TipoModeView
00000000:TestMostraFlipMap
00000000:TestDrawDoors
00000064:Tot_RoomSlots
00000000:TestFaceEdit
00000000:TestModoLightning
0012FF88:SalvaBaseStack1
04E4FF88:SalvaBaseStack2
MEMORY USAGE
VetPtrMeshObject memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaVerticiObjectMesh memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaMemoriaVertex memory is full at 80.00 (Used 0x1067E4 bytes)
ZonaMemoriaVertexSecondario memory is full at 20.00 (Used 0x419E4 bytes)
MemoriaTexFaces memory is full at 0.69 (Used 0x2038 bytes)
MemoriaPoligoni memory is full at 0.47 (Used 0xBB4 bytes)
VetSegnaliMesh memory <EMPTY: never used>
MemoriaTexture8Bits memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaOverlaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetTexSonorePrj memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetTextureBumpMap memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetAnimatedTilesTextures memory is full at 99.90 (Used 0xFFC bytes)
ZonaListaElenco memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaVetCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>

Stack=0x4E4FDE4 pContesto=0x4E4FB00 pInfoEccezione=0x4E4FAE4
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x4E4FDE4
STACK_TRACE:
0x426ABD
0x419EC0
0x44B45A
0x44B47B
0x44D3C0
0x44B424
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x12B168
STACK_TRACE:
0x416000
0x10081994
0x100A0E5F
0x444672
0x444610
0x444610
0x10081994
0x100A0E5F
0x444672
0x444610
0x444610
0x10081994
0x100A0E5F
0x10081994
0x100A0E5F
0x100A2D7F
0x100A2F41
0x444839
0x444610
0x444610
0x444074
0x444559
0x44B5D6
0x44D3C0
END_STACK_TRACE

matrix54
01-11-09, 19:13
gonna finsh off that cave I was working over the summer :) its going well, no crashes :) 3 more ceilings, 2 more bodies of water, gameplay, trigger, objects and I'm done. gonna take a long while. very long!

Uzi master
02-11-09, 00:34
Does anyone know why theres no title level on TR1 revised? I can't find one.

God Horus
02-11-09, 00:36
I think that Daone Sidhe not including a title with TR1 Revised may have been the biggest mistake EVER. Literally HUNDREDS of people who know nothing about LE have no idea how to get it started. We have a thread about not being able to start TR1 Revised pretty much every month.

You can easily take the original title.tr4 from the LE or take one from another level (but that may make some problems) so it is best to take one from the original LE.

Uzi master
02-11-09, 00:37
okay thanks.

Titak
02-11-09, 10:24
*sigh*
My level will not load :rolleyes: keeps saying the texture's are missing when there right where their supposed to be. Here's the crash report.Crash report are hocus pocus to most of us here. The only one who will understand them fully is Paolone.

Anyway, what textures are you talking about? Objecttextures or roomgeometry textures?
Do you still have a previous save of your prj and wad that does work?
If so, then go back to that save and start adding stuff step by step, testing the level after each step, untill you reach the point that it starts crashing.
Then you'll know what is causing the crash.

You also mentioned wanting to use 3D Max10 for TR.
Have you done that already?
If so, then maybe one of those objects or animations is causing the problem.

tranniversary119
02-11-09, 14:10
Crash report are hocus pocus to most of us here. The only one who will understand them fully is Paolone.

Anyway, what textures are you talking about? Objecttextures or roomgeometry textures?
Do you still have a previous save of your prj and wad that does work?
If so, then go back to that save and start adding stuff step by step, testing the level after each step, untill you reach the point that it starts crashing.
Then you'll know what is causing the crash.

You also mentioned wanting to use 3D Max10 for TR.
Have you done that already?
If so, then maybe one of those objects or animations is causing the problem.

It's asking for my room geometry textures, and I have previous saved .prj's of this level that still work. I'll try though and see what's causing the crash ;) & I have not tried 3D studio Max10 yet :wve:

aussie500
03-11-09, 05:17
Phil Campbell the designer of the Eidos Gold levels finally posted the full outline of what TR4 Gold was going to be. Any enthusiastic level builders want to have a go at creating it?
http://www.philcampbelldesign.com/index.php/portfolio/story/tomb_raider/
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=160405&page=2

KurtisandLara
03-11-09, 10:40
Phil Campbell the designer of the Eidos Gold levels finally posted the full outline of what TR4 Gold was going to be. Any enthusiastic level builders want to have a go at creating it?
http://www.philcampbelldesign.com/index.php/portfolio/story/tomb_raider/
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=160405&page=2

Looks very interesting, i might just try that :D.

Titak
03-11-09, 18:19
Cowboy sort of adopted those TR4 Gold ideas in his TR4 Gold - Fading Light levelset. :D
But as far as I know he didn't have that full synopsis back then... Only the rumours about TR4 Gold.

wdavid
04-11-09, 05:00
I have a minor problem:(
My teeth spikes ingame makes noise only once:confused:
I enabled that it comes i and out alternately but the sound can be hear once:confused:
Does somebody know what's the problem?:)

tombcroft3
06-11-09, 12:08
how can i use the tr 4 demo beta lara is there a way i can some export the out fit from the demo level, if there is a way let me know cuz i have tried tr search if no results.

mudkip25
06-11-09, 13:58
Fexmerger or Wadmerger -> Load TR

Peanut
07-11-09, 19:03
Hello. :)

I want to ask how can I remove Lara's guns from her inventory untill she picks them up.

I dont want them in the inventory untill she picks them up. How can I do that?

KurtisandLara
07-11-09, 19:05
There a flipeffect that does that peanut.
If your using TRNG that is.

Peanut
07-11-09, 19:32
Thanks so much! It worked! :D

God Horus
08-11-09, 19:49
I have a question about animations!

Well I have a person in an animation slot. They do a roll forwards, then they pull out a weapon. In the actual game, when this animation plays, they aren't really moving forwards at all, they are just rolling in one spot instead of actually moving forwards. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I actually have to edit the animation and move them forwards?

KurtisandLara
08-11-09, 20:31
Hmm...
I always just edit them to move them forward. But i think its possible to put a number in the Accel spot by the state ID box.

Kapu
08-11-09, 23:54

Well I have a person in an animation slot. They do a roll forwards, then they pull out a weapon. In the actual game, when this animation plays, they aren't really moving forwards at all, they are just rolling in one spot instead of actually moving forwards. Is there anything I can do to fix this, or do I actually have to edit the animation and move them forwards?

I don't think using the Acceleration features moves objects other than Lara. You'll have to move your animating object manually. It shouldn't be too hard, but will probably be time consuming.

God Horus
09-11-09, 00:02
It put a random number in the acceleration bar and during the animation, she randomly got sucked backwards through a wall. But it's ok, I have already started to edit the animation so she moves to the side every frame. Slow, but it looks awesome!

KurtisandLara
09-11-09, 00:25
Thanks for the info Kapu :hug:.
Glad its working for you GH :).

Titak
09-11-09, 11:13
How about giving the animation speed instead of acceleration?

KurtisandLara
09-11-09, 13:20
How about giving the animation speed instead of acceleration?
That makes sense :o.

Soul
11-11-09, 14:21
I'm currently working on a simple textureset. My next level won't be a normal level but something like an extreme tutoriallevel. Since i want to texture it like the editor looks I wanted to ask if anyone knows which colours the building blocks have (I need the RGB-values of the floor, the wall parts and the triggers (are there also other parts?))
Or is there maybe an existing textureset for this purpose (since many builders have textured their levels like that)

KurtisandLara
11-11-09, 14:29
Why not just take a screenshot of the color pallete on the editor. Open it in paint and use the eye dropper tool to highlight the color :).

Soul
11-11-09, 14:38

KurtisandLara
11-11-09, 14:39

Glad i could help :).

Joecroft
11-11-09, 20:19
do anyone know if theres a way to make the motorbike more faster?
i know,have a item to put in the motorbike in game, but i need a form to make it fast without this item.
sorry for my english, I know it's really bad =X
:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surohicko
11-11-09, 20:21
change the bike animations :D

TRJTA
11-11-09, 20:53
Does anyone know how to use the look button on a laptop :(?

Surohicko
11-11-09, 20:57
Just change the controls
(it would be numpad0 (i think) so you will have to change it)

God Horus
11-11-09, 20:58

Does that really make it faster? Or is the speed hardcoded? :confused:

Surohicko
11-11-09, 21:14
I don't exactly know but i think it does :D

God Horus
11-11-09, 21:20
Well you could have said that you weren't sure, and you were just guessing, because you originally said it in a way like it would do the trick and you were confident and now you are saying that your not sure.

Surohicko
11-11-09, 21:21
Well i thought everyone knew that i'm not sure on everything :vlol:

TRJTA
12-11-09, 11:05
Ok :)

mudkip25
12-11-09, 13:05

I don't think it changes anything, The speed is probably hardcoded.

Joecroft
12-11-09, 15:02

I tried this, but doesn't work.

do anyone know another way?

TRJTA
12-11-09, 19:04
Is it somehow possible to disable the underwater lighting? The constantly waving white lighting effect?

Surohicko
12-11-09, 19:32
Yes you can :)

God Horus
12-11-09, 21:10
Are. You. Reading. Posts. Before. You. Answer?

He was asking if it is possible to disable the way rooms are lit underwater and are talking about disabling vehicle light. There are also no underwater vehicles in LE.

You can disable this by NOT ticking the water button, instead there is a flipeffect to make a room a water room, I don't remember the flipeffect exactly, but then the water room will light exactly like a normal room with no special lights. It looks so great with calm water!

Los Angeles
12-11-09, 21:11
Are. You. Reading. Posts. Before. You. Answer?

:jmp: :vlol: :hug: lol

Mystery-King
12-11-09, 21:56
Help! :o

All I did was add a couple of objects to my WAD, and also textures to my tga but its corrupted my TRLE. When I try and load up the project it says

ERROR: Can't locate tga file.
Then ARG List too big.
THEN: Warning Tomb.PCX cant be found.
THEN: Information about crash saved
THEN: Says about it can't find PROJFILE
THEN: Closes itself down.

:mad: Why did this happen? Its never happened to me before and I edited a lot of WADS so I know what I'm doing... at least I thought. But I'm trying to stay calm! :D

Please help me! I'd greatly appreciate it. :hug:

TRJTA
12-11-09, 22:24
Ok does anyone know which flipeffect for this water room I need?

aktrekker
12-11-09, 23:19
Then ARG List too big.

You changed the name of the TGA, moved it to a different folder, OR...
The TGA has a space in the filename. That's a no-no.:ohn:

Mystery-King
13-11-09, 06:46
You changed the name of the TGA, moved it to a different folder, OR...
The TGA has a space in the filename. That's a no-no.:ohn:

Its called tut1text.tga. I overwrited the egyptian set. Theres no space (I checked), so I haven't changed the file name and its still in the same folder as before... :confused:

snork
13-11-09, 13:06
All I did was add a couple of objects to my WAD, and also textures to my tga but its corrupted my TRLE. When I try and load up the project it says

Then ARG List too big.
THEN: Information about crash saved
THEN: Says about it can't find PROJFILE
THEN: Closes itself down.

:mad: Why did this happen? Its never happened to me before and I edited a lot of WADS so I know what I'm doing... at least I thought. But I'm trying to stay calm! :D

Hej, why is it missing a tomb.pcx file and the tga is named tut1text.tga ? Better have the prj, wad and tga wear he same name (but the extension of course)

The missing .PCX is an evil error. There seems to be a solution, but it is a bit laborous. See here : [Fixing] Prj crash due missing PCX/TGA
(http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=144730)
If you were at the beginning of building and if it does not happen for every new project you are trying to do, it might not be worth the bother

You can disable this by NOT ticking the water button, instead there is a flipeffect to make a room a water room, I don't remember the flipeffect exactly, but then the water room will light exactly like a normal room with no special lights. It looks so great with calm water!
Interesting. Thank you. :tmb:

Mulf
13-11-09, 13:29
if it is possible to disable the way rooms are lit underwater [...]

First time I ever heard about such a thing. Care to elaborate? :jmp:

KurtisandLara
13-11-09, 14:46
Theres a flipeffect named "Room. Set the <&>as [E] Type of room" And you can set it to differant room types.

Mulf
13-11-09, 15:08
Oh, I see. Thank you. Will have a look at TRNG one of these days...when the game I'm currently working on is finished. :vlol:

Titak
13-11-09, 15:11
It's this flipeffect:

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/Tutorials/flipeffect-room.jpg

julien
13-11-09, 17:04
Hi all
I have an other problem:hea:
When I load my wad with wadmerger, an error message appears 'Run-time error '62' Input past end of file'
what is the problem, please?:confused:

KurtisandLara
13-11-09, 17:12
Hi all
When I load my wad with wadmerger, an error message appears 'Run-time error '62' Input past end of file'

You need the basic runtimes from trsearch.org.

WCookie
13-11-09, 17:25
Sorry people, I'm new to this forums and I have a question.
I downloaded a level from TRLE and copied all the files to the locations said in the readme, and forgot to make copies of some files, now, when I play, I can't select my levels list, even though I deleted the custom level files :confused:

wdavid
13-11-09, 17:29
I have a minor problem:(
My teeth spikes ingame makes noise only once:confused:
I enabled that it comes in and out alternately but the sound can be hear once:confused:
Does somebody know what's the problem?:)

i still have this problem:o
Any ideas?:o:)

julien
13-11-09, 18:30
You need the basic runtimes from trsearch.org.
I place basic runtimes in same folder that wadmerger
and I can't setup the second (basic_6) there is "invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue " and the setup was not completed successfully
And the problem is not corrected:confused:

for the sound with teeth spikes, I have the same problem:confused:

edit: @wcookie:you should change your script file with the old script file.

snork
13-11-09, 20:25
@wcookie:you should change your script file with the old script file.
here they are - original (revised) scripts : http://www.datafilehost.com/download-83db1693.html
Just copy them into your trle folder (copy over)

wdavid
13-11-09, 20:29
I place basic runtimes in same folder that wadmerger
and I can't setup the second (basic_6) there is "invalid command-line parameters. Unable to continue " and the setup was not completed successfully
And the problem is not corrected:confused:

for the sound with teeth spikes, I have the same problem:confused:

edit: @wcookie:you should change your script file with the old script file.

Oh:confused:I hope we can solve it soon:D

Mystery-King
14-11-09, 11:23
Oh:confused:I hope we can solve it soon:D

The hexprobe business is just too confusing. I don't have a space in ANY of my files after the twelth time of looking! :mad: Is there anyway you can extract geometry from a PRJ without the textures and objects and all the other addons. JUST the geometry so I can sorta salvage it? :confused:

wdavid
14-11-09, 11:53
Sorry i don't know:(...i haven't tried it so far:)

Surohicko
14-11-09, 12:42
@ Mystery
I don't think that you can...

Only way could be by just replacing all textures :) etc etc

Surohicko
14-11-09, 18:11
Right i started using NG Font Editor i think i did everything right from what it said in the READ ME but now i can't play Levels because this big text has covered the script :(

Please can someone help :o

aktrekker
14-11-09, 20:27
The hexprobe business is just too confusing. I don't have a space in ANY of my files after the twelth time of looking! :mad: Is there anyway you can extract geometry from a PRJ without the textures and objects and all the other addons. JUST the geometry so I can sorta salvage it? :confused:

TR2Prj can extract the room geometry and create a PRJ file. It won't be perfect and may need some adjustment, but it beats having to create the whole thing from scratch.
But it doesn't work with TRNG levels.

Mystery-King
14-11-09, 20:50
TR2Prj can extract the room geometry and create a PRJ file. It won't be perfect and may need some adjustment, but it beats having to create the whole thing from scratch.
But it doesn't work with TRNG levels.

I have saved it!!!!!!!!!! THANX! :hug: Just a couple of geo problems but nothing to hard to sort out! Honestly, I'm at the end of my tether with the TRLE!

Los Angeles
15-11-09, 18:29
How to get more then 100 rooms?

Jeissy
15-11-09, 18:33

I don't think that is possible.

KurtisandLara
15-11-09, 18:34

Once you hit 99 rooms then the number of rooms increase to like 199 or something.

God Horus
15-11-09, 18:36
I think it goes up automatically when you hit the max.

Los Angeles
15-11-09, 19:17
I think it goes up automatically when you hit the max.

Oh, thank you! :)

badgirl
16-11-09, 12:23

You can use the "accel" and "speed" numbers for the Animatings.
I suggest you to split your animation in several ones, the first containing an "Accel." number, another with a "speed" number, then a negative "Accel." number, and, finally, to pull the weapon.
Every animations will aim to another (even if not in sequence): use the "Next anim." value to make the correct sequence.
Of course, you have to make some test to find the correct parameters.
If you don't stop the movement with a negative Accel. value, your object will penetrate the walls, instead of stop by itself.

badgirl
16-11-09, 12:30
Hi all
Have you edited some meshes?
Making meshes with more than 1000 polys usually results in a disaster.

Surohicko
16-11-09, 18:31
Can anyone help me please :o???

I stated using NG Font Editor and (i think) i did everything right and now when i go to load a level i can't because ti says missing so i checked scripter and well this massive text is covering it up no level junk :(

KurtisandLara
16-11-09, 18:40
Whats this massive text say?
Is it just the normal text just bigger?

Surohicko
16-11-09, 18:47
Here what it all says

New NG Font
;------ commands to create a multisize/multicolor scrolling text -------

;trigger group to start text following the title "Last Revege"
;this trigger group set also the yellow color and the half-height for font size

; Exporting: TRIGGER(776:0) for FLIPEFFECT(66)
; <#> : Text. Set <&>color and (E)position for next Print String flipeffect
; <&> : Yellow
; (E) : Central line, central aligment
; $2000, 66, $308

; Exporting: TRIGGER(2:0) for FLIPEFFECT(81)
; <#> : Text. Set <&>size characters for next print string command
; <&> : Half Height
; $2000, 81, $2

; Exporting: TRIGGER(4:0) for FLIPEFFECT(201)
; <#> : Text. Vertical Scrolling of ExtraNG <&>string with (E) speed
; <&> : 4: @text_MultiSize.txt ; (E) : Normal Speed (30 fps)
; $2000, 201, $4

TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 66, $308, $2000, 81, $2, $2000, 201, $4

;While this is the global trigger to start TriggerGroup=1 when previous scrolling
;text with ng string 5 has showed on screen the last (and only in this case) row:

GlobalTrigger= 1, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT, GT_VSCROLL_LAST_VISIBLE, 5, IGNORE, 1

;---- other commands to set micro characters white color White for thirs part of
;multiple scrolling text

; Exporting: TRIGGER(8:0) for FLIPEFFECT(81)
; <#> : Text. Set <&>size characters for next print string command
; <&> : Micro Characters, always squared of 'keypad' type
; $2000, 81, $8

; Exporting: TRIGGER(769:0) for FLIPEFFECT(66)
; <#> : Text. Set <&>color and (E)position for next Print String flipeffect
; <&> : Blinking White
; (E) : Central line, central aligment
; $2000, 66, $301

; Exporting: TRIGGER(1:0) for FLIPEFFECT(201)
; <#> : Text. Vertical Scrolling of ExtraNG <&>string with (E) speed
; <&> : 1: Created by Paolone ; (E) : Normal Speed (30 fps)
; $2000, 201, $1

TriggerGroup= 2, $2000, 81, $8, $2000, 66, $301, $2000, 201, $1

;global trigger to start the text "Created by Paolone" when the previous
;scrolling with description (ngstring=4) showed its last row on screen

GlobalTrigger= 2, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT, GT_VSCROLL_LAST_VISIBLE, 4, IGNORE, 2
; ------ end of commands for multicolor/size scrolling text

;---- Commands to disable input while a scrolling text is working ------

; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(52)
; <#> : Keyboard. Enable newly <&>keyboard command
; <&> : All keyboard commands
; $2000, 52, $0

TriggerGroup= 3, $2000, 52, $0

GlobalTrigger= 3, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT, GT_VSCROLL_COMPLETE, 2, IGNORE, 3

;---- end commands to disable input during the scroll -----

Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 1, CL_GOLD, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_CHAR, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 100
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 2, CL_METAL, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_HEIGHT, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 190
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 3, CL_RED, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_WIDTH, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 280
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 4, CL_BLUE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 370
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 5, CL_YELLOW, FT_SIZE_HALF_HEIGHT, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 460
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 7, CL_GOLD, FT_SIZE_MICRO_CHAR, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 550
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 6, CL_WHITE, FT_SIZE_HALF_CHAR, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 640
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 8, CL_METAL, FT_SIZE_ATOMIC_CHAR, IGNORE, IGNORE, 30, 730

Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 9, CL_YELLOW, FT_SIZE_MICRO_CHAR, IGNORE, IGNORE, 612, 60
Parameters= PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 10, CL_WHITE, FT_SIZE_DOUBLE_WIDTH, IGNORE, IGNORE, 600,600
;trigger group with all exported trigger to show text

; Exporting: TRIGGER(263:1) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <#> : Text. Print formatted text <&>ExtaNg string with (E)formatting data
; <&> : 7: Double Size
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 1
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $107

; Exporting: TRIGGER(520:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 8: Double Heigth
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 2
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $208

; Exporting: TRIGGER(777:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 9: Double Width
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 3
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $309

; Exporting: TRIGGER(1034:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 10: Normal Size
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 4
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $40A

; Exporting: TRIGGER(1295:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 15: Half Heigth
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 5
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $50F

; Exporting: TRIGGER(1548:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 12: Half Size
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 6
; $2000, 203, $60C

; Exporting: TRIGGER(1805:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 13: Micro Character
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 7
; $2000, 203, $70D

; Exporting: TRIGGER(2062:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 14: Atomic Character
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 8
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $80E

;trigger for description in right side
; Exporting: TRIGGER(2320:0) for FLIPEFFECT(203)
; <&> : 16: @Text_FontDescription.txt
; (E) : Parameters=PARAM_PRINT_TEXT, 9
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 203, $910

TriggerGroup= 4, $2000, 203, $107, $2000, 203, $208, $2000, 203, $309, $2000, 203, $40A, >
$2000, 203, $50F, $2000, 203, $60C, $2000, 203, $70D, $2000, 203, $80E, $2000, 203, $910

Puzzle= 1,Nitrous Oxide Feeder, $0004,$0300,$0000,$0000,$0000,$0002
Puzzle= 2,Car-Jack, $0000,$0400,$4000,$8000,$4000,$0002
Puzzle= 4,Roof Key, $0000,$0300,$4000,$d000,$b000,$0002
Puzzle= 5,Weapon Code Key, $0000,$0200,$8000,$c000,$0000,$0002
Puzzle= 8,Mine Detonator, $0008,$0400,$8000,$0000,$0000,$2002
PuzzleCombo= 1,1,Valve Pipe, $0004,$0300,$0000,$0000,$0000,$000a
PuzzleCombo= 1,2,Nitrous Oxide Cannister, $0002,$0300,$0000,$0000,$0000,$0002
PuzzleCombo= 2,1,Car-Jack Body, $0000,$0400,$4000,$8000,$4000,$0002
PuzzleCombo= 2,2,Handle, $0000,$0300,$4000,$8000,$4000,$0002
PuzzleCombo= 8,1,Mine Detonator Body, $0008,$0400,$8000,$0000,$0000,$0002
PuzzleCombo= 8,2,Mine Position Data, $0004,$0280,$8000,$c000,$0000,$0002
LoadCamera= 0,0,0,0,0,0,255
Level= DATA\NEWFONT,102

i do not know how it got there urm :/

Titak
16-11-09, 19:52
Well, if you didn't put it there, you better start with a fresh script and only add the stuff you need.

It actually looks like a script from one of Paolone's example projects.
Did you switch scripts to test something and forgot to switch them back?

KurtisandLara
16-11-09, 19:58
Its paolones script from his NEWFONT tutorial :).

Raymond
16-11-09, 19:59
Looks like you really don´t know at all, what you do! That´s just the script entries for Paolones font tutorial project! So what is the problem about it? If you don´t want to use it anymore, change back to your script.txt (which you have hopefully saved somewhere) and use the stuff, you want to use as Titia says.

Surohicko
16-11-09, 20:57
Ok thanks :)

WCookie
17-11-09, 21:35
My window of NGLE is cut out by the task bar and it's impossible to make the lighting, because it's all cut out, and if I reduce the windows size, it makes things worse :(

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768

Mystery-King
17-11-09, 21:38
My window of NGLE is cut out by the task bar and it's impossible to make the lighting, because it's all cut out, and if I reduce the windows size, it makes things worse :(

My screen resolution is 1366 x 768

Try pressing ALT and ENTER

WCookie
17-11-09, 21:45
Try pressing ALT and ENTER

Ohh, it worked, thank you very much! :)
And thank you people for helping me with the other question too :p

ajewers
19-11-09, 19:29
Hey i've got a little problem,

I'm trying to set up a burning torch item, so you pick up a torch and light it on a fire. It works fine mostly, exept when lighting the torch there appears to be an animation missing, lara jumps to what i think is the binoculars animation, then jumps back with the torch lit? anyone know where i could get the animation? I tried looking through some wads but i've already added the TORCH_ANIM object and it hasnt solved it...

KurtisandLara
19-11-09, 19:58
Hey i've got a little problem,

I'm trying to set up a burning torch item, so you pick up a torch and light it on a fire. It works fine mostly, exept when lighting the torch there appears to be an animation missing, lara jumps to what i think is the binoculars animation, then jumps back with the torch lit? anyone know where i could get the animation? I tried looking through some wads but i've already added the TORCH_ANIM object and it hasnt solved it...

Make sure these animations are correct:

427 – Light torch with flame 0-1 clicks high
428 – Light torch with flame 2-3 clicks high
429 – Light torch with flame 4-5 clicks high
430 – Light torch with flame 6-7 clicks high
431 – Light torch with flame higher than 7 clicks

ajewers
19-11-09, 20:09
Ohh yeah they are missing, so i'll copy a lara from another wad wich has them

KurtisandLara
19-11-09, 20:49
Glad i could help :).

ajewers
20-11-09, 18:51
Yeah it works fine now :) thanks

Just incase you were wondering what i was doing, i replaced the torch with a bone for my level
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/BoneTorch.jpg
Not a big deal but seeing as you helped me i thought i'd show you what you helped toward :)

KurtisandLara
20-11-09, 19:06
Yeah it works fine now :) thanks

Just incase you were wondering what i was doing, i replaced the torch with a bone for my level
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg288/ajewers/BoneTorch.jpg
Not a big deal but seeing as you helped me i thought i'd show you what you helped toward :)

Lol thats actually useful!

ajewers
20-11-09, 19:38
You want it? I'll stick it on trsearch lol

meh http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3298 :)

Assassin13
20-11-09, 19:40
I wonder if the bone is actually flameable in real life lol

KurtisandLara
20-11-09, 19:45
Sure put it up on trsearch.
I wonder if the bone is actually flameable in real life lol

No it would break and crack.
Maybe if lara wrapped cloth around it with oil or wax or something.

Jeissy
20-11-09, 19:54
No it would break and crack.
Maybe if lara wrapped cloth around it with oil or wax or something.

That's exactly what I thought :tmb:

ajewers
20-11-09, 20:16
*Goes to look for an oily/ waxy cloth texture...*

KurtisandLara
20-11-09, 21:03
Lol, Try the texture from the TR4 torch object.

ajewers
20-11-09, 21:05
Its okay I got one, check out the CORRECTED version of the object on trsearch, just search for 'Bone as Torch Item'. I want to delete the old one, cos it was missing the 'TORCH_ANIM' object, so it didnt work properly, but apparantly you can't delete things :/

And i think this has gotten a little off topic lol.

Jeissy
20-11-09, 21:11
Its okay I got one, check out the CORRECTED version of the object on trsearch, just search for 'Bone as Torch Item'. I want to delete the old one, cos it was missing the 'TORCH_ANIM' object, so it didnt work properly, but apparantly you can't delete things :/

And i think this has gotten a little off topic lol.

Well, technically, we're helping you to improve your object, so it shouldn't be off topic :p

KurtisandLara
20-11-09, 21:12
No this thread can't go off topic, It is a help and chat thread.

LightningRider
21-11-09, 10:45
Can anyone help me?

I wanna put a light in my room, but the light button is not on the screen, it's too far down! :(

Titak
21-11-09, 10:47
Press Alt + Enter. That'll maximize the LE window and get rid of the Windows taskbar at the bottom.
The light button should then be visible.

LightningRider
21-11-09, 10:48
Press Alt + Enter. That'll maximize the LE window and get rid of the Windows taskbar at the bottom.
The light button should then be visible.

Thank you! :hug:

Edit: I made my first room! Now I shall continue this tutorial! :D

WCookie
21-11-09, 13:32
How can I rip textures from TRL/TRA/TRU or Core games?

I can't do it and I would like to :(

LightningRider
21-11-09, 13:38
Do you want Specific Textures, or the whole thing?

Jeissy
21-11-09, 13:40
How can I rip textures from TRL/TRA/TRU or Core games?

I can't do it and I would like to :(

Use TexMod (http://tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/tutorial.html)[download (http://tombraiderhub.com/tr7/modding/texmod/download/texmod.zip)] - well, at least for the Crystal Dynamics games.
And you can find textures from all games here (http://www.skribblerz.com/textures.htm).

God Horus
22-11-09, 16:49
Well I am going to be taking a break from building soon but before that I want to finish Tibet and send it out for testing.

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is have Lara slide across flat ice. I know this is possible because I have seen it done in thecentaur's BoF level where Lara slides across the floor, and in WayneScales level where Lara slides across ice, and in Egypt and Beyond where Lara slides across moving water.

The first thing I thought of doing was simply triggering the sliding animation using TRNG where I wanted Lara to slide across the floor, but that didn't work. How can I make Lara slide across the floor? I want it to play her sliding animation and her to be able to jump and stuff like a normal slope. This has been done on flat floors, not sloped floors. I think it's maybe something to do with TRNG but I didn't post it there because I thought there may be another way too without TRNG/TREP.

Kapu
22-11-09, 17:06
This tutorial (http://skribblerz.com/tuts/slidefloors.htm) will explain how to set up sliding floors, Jess. ;)

God Horus
22-11-09, 17:14
Thanks! But sadly that won't work because I want her to slide across a huge hunk of ice which is floating above a pit. Not to mention I have a very different bridge flat object designed which I am using in the temple area and this happens in the ice cave area. But it's ok, I tried to trigger the slide animation on top of the ice. It looks really nice, when she runs across the ice, she sort of slips a little then continues to run.

WCookie
22-11-09, 17:58
I can't find on the manual the page that talks about making a flyby camera :(

Mystery-King
22-11-09, 18:01

Perhaps this may help? :D

http://skribblerz.com/flybycams.htm

WCookie
22-11-09, 18:12
Perhaps this may help? :D

http://skribblerz.com/flybycams.htm

Thank you very much!

I hate TRLE manual, they turn everything so complicated. :mad:

Mystery-King
22-11-09, 18:14
Thank you very much!

I hate TRLE manual, they turn everything so complicated. :mad:

Tell me bout it! Its so annoying. At least skribblerz cares to explain everything step by step!

Raymond
22-11-09, 18:27
Thanks! But sadly that won't work because I want her to slide across a huge hunk of ice which is floating above a pit. Not to mention I have a very different bridge flat object designed which I am using in the temple area and this happens in the ice cave area. But it's ok, I tried to trigger the slide animation on top of the ice. It looks really nice, when she runs across the ice, she sort of slips a little then continues to run.

Then you have to do it in the form of a Global Trigger, which triggers the animation every frame. It depends a bit of your project, which condition to use for the Global Trigger. May be the environmental condition, that Lara is in a certain room or so.

snork
22-11-09, 18:34
page 43 and following. My biggest complaint with the manual : no real index

Danielinhoni
22-11-09, 18:39
page 43 and following. My biggest complaint with the manual : no real index

Yup, it's not a good index they did. It doesn't explain too much what they explain in it lol

Titak
22-11-09, 19:10
Thanks! But sadly that won't work because I want her to slide across a huge hunk of ice which is floating above a pit. Not to mention I have a very different bridge flat object designed which I am using in the temple area and this happens in the ice cave area. But it's ok, I tried to trigger the slide animation on top of the ice. It looks really nice, when she runs across the ice, she sort of slips a little then continues to run.You could have a simple bridge-flat mesh textured invisible in the BRIDGE_FLAT slot and then place other objects (can be both static or animating) on top. This way you can make your bridge object look whatever you want it to look in different settings. :D

God Horus
22-11-09, 19:29
That's a great idea :) I did it with pole ropes before.

Los Angeles
22-11-09, 19:39
How do I trigger a sarcophagus?? and where do i have to place the object...

For example when Lara opens a cupboard...

Dunnut7
22-11-09, 19:52
Can someone tell me how to make enemy´s (In this case a dog) non-attacking? I want lara have a pet in her Croft Manor:)

KurtisandLara
22-11-09, 19:55
Put it in an animating slot maybe? Theres also a script line that will stop the enemy from attacking lara in TRNG.

Dunnut7
22-11-09, 20:01
But how can I put it in an animating slot? I use TREP, for your information:)

Danielinhoni
22-11-09, 20:04
Maybe just click "Rename" on WadMerger and select "Animating".
I never tried to change an enemy myself...

You can set a specific AI too. See TRLE manual, i don't remember what page.
It speaks about AI nullmesh

Dunnut7
22-11-09, 20:08
Yeah, that´ll propably work! Thanks for the information:D

Titak
22-11-09, 20:13
Can someone tell me how to make enemy´s (In this case a dog) non-attacking? I want lara have a pet in her Croft Manor:)Possible with TREP. :D
I just don't remember how... :o
It should be in the TREP Userguide.

Los Angeles
22-11-09, 20:18
How do I trigger a sarcophagus?? and where do i have to place the object...

For example when Lara opens a cupboard...

:whi: :pi:

KurtisandLara
22-11-09, 20:26
Put the object below the sar. and open the objects OCB and hit the Invisible button. Then trigger the object anywhere that lara will step before she opens it. And you dont have to trigger the sar.

Dunnut7
22-11-09, 20:33
Okay, thanks:hug:

Dunnut7
22-11-09, 20:34
Possible with TREP. :D
I just don't remember how... :o
It should be in the TREP Userguide.

As always Titak to the rescue:D

Los Angeles
22-11-09, 21:14
Put the object below the sar. and open the objects OCB and hit the Invisible button. Then trigger the object anywhere that lara will step before she opens it. And you dont have to trigger the sar.

Thank you! :hug:

KyleCroft
22-11-09, 23:58
Gahh... for some reason when ever ANY of my guns shoot, they sound muffled and echoish.

Why would this be?

badgirl
23-11-09, 08:12
Can someone tell me how to make enemy´s (In this case a dog) non-attacking? I want lara have a pet in her Croft Manor:)
By removing the "attack" animations from it's wad.
There is a great tutorial by Michiel about that, here: http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php

larafan25
23-11-09, 21:24
Alright I need some help:)

so I need weather in my level.

I am using the original editor with the patched exe. and TREP.

how do I get weather activated?

all I know is I need to do soemthing with this command..

change-weather

...thats all I know:)

can someone please help me out with what flipeffect or whatever I need to do?:)

Titak
23-11-09, 22:09
There's somethign about activating weather in the TREP Draco patches section.
Check the TREP homepage. :D

larafan25
23-11-09, 22:18
^ok, I was just there but never thought to look at the patches...

I am guessing I need to download a patch and then do the command...:)

Level NextGen
24-11-09, 18:44
Hi people! :D
I'm creating a secret project which could be send on TRSearch. But, when I would import it in my wad with STRPix : the object looks very strange and stretched. It was deformed!!
I can't post image to illustrate (because it's a secret :D) but I'm asking to you how to avoid this problem and if any of you have ever had (Can we say that in English :confused:) this kind of problem??

Of course I set in meta "triangle have four points" and "flip object" (because it's a weapon with a hand). Haa! The object have about 300 faces.
Thank you ;)

aktrekker
24-11-09, 23:57
300 faces! On a hand!
How many vertices? It might be too many for StrPix.

KurtisandLara
25-11-09, 00:05
300 faces! On a hand!
How many vertices? It might be too many for StrPix.

Its a weapon with a hand.
Im thinking its holding the weapon.

Level NextGen
25-11-09, 17:41
Hum! I reduced the number of vertices about 150 vertices just to test if it works fine but the imported object is still weird and stretched :
http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/5332/stretchedobject.png
It's just a part of the weapon (hush-hush) :D!

You can see (in red circles) some weird lines and bad render which is not like that in meta... Moreover between faces there're sometimes a space with nothing!
I tried to make a new wad but it still the same! I import an other object (with 150 vertex) and there're no "strangies"???:confused:

Titak
25-11-09, 17:46
Oh, that sort of stretching. :D

Well, that's STRPix for you. It distorts objects if the vertices don't have exact X, Y and Z values in Meta. When it is a decimal number, like 12.2 for example, STRPix will move the vertice to the closest exact number, which would be 12 in this case.
This isn't much visible in large objects, but with objects like weapons and Lara's bodyparts it can be quite visible. :(

All you can do is move the vertices into exact X, Y and Z positions as much as possible.

thecentaur
25-11-09, 18:17
I'm doing an HQ version of the catacombs texture set. Finding textures is REALLY hard work, and putting them together isn't as easy. I'll show you guys work when there's enough work to be shown :)

Los Angeles
25-11-09, 18:23
Level Editor is so much fun.

Matie
25-11-09, 18:29
Until you get a crash report...:whi:

ajewers
25-11-09, 18:49
its currently more fun then my english homework, due tommorow :)

KurtisandLara
25-11-09, 19:18
its currently more fun then my english homework, due tommorow :)

SHHH!
Titias a teacher :yik:!

Mulf
25-11-09, 19:22
SHHH!
Titias a teacher :yik:!

...and might point out that you should have written "it's" instead of "its" (abbreviation of "it is" rather than the possessive pronoun), "than" instead of "then" (because you're making a comparison, not establishing a temporal order), and of course "tomorrow" (to-morrow, on the morrow). But luckily there's no reason for her to do that now. ;)

Piega
25-11-09, 19:44
I'm doing an HQ version of the catacombs texture set. Finding textures is REALLY hard work, and putting them together isn't as easy. I'll show you guys work when there's enough work to be shown :)

Tried that too. I'll bet you're having trouble with the snake on the wall. I think you let go soon enough. Not trying to discourage you :) Would like to see the result.

thecentaur
25-11-09, 19:51
Actually I found a picture with it and made the texture:

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/8381/68456449.jpg

Although it's not a perfect 1:1 copy of it, I think it suffices

Piega
25-11-09, 19:56
Yes but you need to skew or disort it and make it seamless with the other wall texture. Please dont tell my you have typed texture, texture, texture on it!

thecentaur
25-11-09, 20:00
Actually I edited the original image:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8708/alexandriacatacombs.jpg
(Though I can't find the real one, it was something that looked like this)

And then I edited the snake out and put it on the white texture. And yes, I typed "texture texture texture" on it so no one gets a freebie before I'm done. Even though I might not even release it :o