PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

TrKing_Rulz
05-03-08, 16:24
Hm, that means i must fiddle around with room stacking and such then?

No, get the last floor tile next to the wall, split it and raise it up to the top. But, yes, you need to do this with stacked rooms to make the textures fairly un-strecthed.

stranger1992
05-03-08, 16:24
errmm...yeah thats kinda the point. I wouldnt make a mountain yet its very hard. Start small.

spider-pig
05-03-08, 16:34
Hey, im having a problem texturing my meshes, in strpix, i import bmp and i get a error saying "Division by 0" and It doesn't import... Help?

TrKing_Rulz
05-03-08, 16:37
Hey, im having a problem texturing my meshes, in strpix, i import bmp and i get a error saying "Division by 0" and It doesn't import... Help?

You can only import the WHOLE object texture set with StrPix... ;) Use WadMerger

Larson_1988
05-03-08, 16:46
No, get the last floor tile next to the wall, split it and raise it up to the top. But, yes, you need to do this with stacked rooms to make the textures fairly un-strecthed.

errmm...yeah thats kinda the point. I wouldnt make a mountain yet its very hard. Start small.

Hmm, i see. Then i'll have to make the inner chamber a bit lower so it doesen't seem so fake. xD

spider-pig
05-03-08, 16:52
You can only import the WHOLE object texture set with StrPix... ;) Use WadMerger

How am I suposed to import a .dfx intro WadMerger?:pi:

AmericanAssassin
07-03-08, 00:21
Has anybody started any new projects recently? :)

Larson_1988
07-03-08, 02:17
^ Sort of, :o I deleted the folder with the wad and prj, so i had to restart. :o But it's basically the same, ;)

stranger1992
07-03-08, 15:34
I have , why?

Titak
07-03-08, 17:07
Has anybody started any new projects recently? :)Yes. :D

spider-pig
07-03-08, 17:09
Yes. :D

Lol, Mansion :D

TrKing_Rulz
07-03-08, 17:11
Lol, Mansion :D

I bet there's more. :rolleyes:

Titak
07-03-08, 17:17
I bet there's more. :rolleyes:
You bet there's more.
Well... not yet... but there will be a lot more. :D

stranger1992
07-03-08, 17:23
My projects at the moment are creating a single level and a sorta secret project for her royal highness :ton:

Titak
07-03-08, 17:57
Her royal highness?
Is that what you call Lara these days? :confused:

stranger1992
07-03-08, 18:35
yep, if i was lara i would be rather scared.

Titak
08-03-08, 10:08
:vlol:

spider-pig
08-03-08, 12:58
I changed my font, but now I can only see the inventory text. all other are just no text at all... Help please

Brikas94
08-03-08, 17:51
Well, this is a fantastic thread! I have a question, by the way... If I download animations from trsearch.org, how can I install them? The Sprint jump, for example...

Domino
08-03-08, 18:06
I'm a bit confused. In my level, Lara triggers a flyby when she steps on a certain square. I only want it to happen once, but if Lara's still standing on the square, the flyby goes again. I have One Shot enabled so surely it shouldnt do this? Also is there a way to make the flyby only happen once as whenever Lara goes back to the square, she activates it. I'm sorry if this sounds quite n00bish, but I find it quite annoying. Thanks.

d|r
08-03-08, 21:41
I'm a bit confused. In my level, Lara triggers a flyby when she steps on a certain square. I only want it to happen once, but if Lara's still standing on the square, the flyby goes again. I have One Shot enabled so surely it shouldnt do this? Also is there a way to make the flyby only happen once as whenever Lara goes back to the square, she activates it. I'm sorry if this sounds quite n00bish, but I find it quite annoying. Thanks.

You're sure you have one shot enabled? I think there's a number button (lol I don't know the name) that you can press and the FlyBy will only play once. I'd look it up in the manuel for you but I'm not on my home computer right now so I can't.

aktrekker
09-03-08, 02:10
In the flyby turn OFF button 2.
One Shot in the trigger should stop it from working every time Lara steps on the trigger. If the flyby is looping that might be causing it.
Also, don't use Flyby Trigger, that is title levels only. And don't use Pad trigger as that might make it repeat while Lara is on the trigger. Just use a normal trigger.

thecentaur
09-03-08, 20:11
-- pointless question:

how many sun bulbs are allowed per game? :o i know you're only supposed to have one per room

Inkheart
09-03-08, 20:15
I believe the limit for sunbulbs is affected by the amount of rooms, textures and objects in one level. If the level starts crashing, you've gone too far!

thecentaur
10-03-08, 02:10
question: how do i know which vertice to remap for a custom outfit i made?:

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/remap.gif

which mesh should i remap and which vertice?

HELP!!!!

AmericanAssassin
11-03-08, 20:10
What's a sun bulb? :vlol: I know nothing!

Inkheart
11-03-08, 21:28
A sunbulb is a light. It lights up an entire room and you can only have one per room. Best of all, it gives the Lara model a silky smooth 3d look. The manual tells you all of this - seriously, it's the best place for you to start.

scion05
11-03-08, 21:29
You can sometimes have more than one, it just says one ;)

Inkheart
11-03-08, 21:31
Really? I thought that was the absolute maximum. Otherwise the game would have a fit. Learn something new every day . . .

tweetygwee
11-03-08, 22:07
Really? I thought that was the absolute maximum. Otherwise the game would have a fit. Learn something new every day . . .

The editor has a fit, but in game there are no problems. The error messages should be removed in a future version of NGLE I think.

tranniversary119
11-03-08, 22:32
Has anybody started any new projects recently? :)

Yup :)

spider-pig
12-03-08, 16:57
http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/4088/screenshot209bt9.png

nowid50
12-03-08, 17:04
Using Colision Box Editor:D

spider-pig
14-03-08, 13:14
Wath's that?

Also, I can't understand how Toggle Opacity 2 works on stacked rooms... Help please

Compass
14-03-08, 14:01
it's stripX isn't it? well on the lefts side of the screen you see diffrent white feelds and you can sellect there a button to place the collision on it :D

sapper
15-03-08, 04:28
Wath's that?

Select the collision radiobutton at the left of StrPix (not shown in pic below) and press automatic bound. Then select the visibility button and press automatic bound.
http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc94/nnn59/statusbar.png

aktrekker
15-03-08, 07:14
Toggle Opacity lets you put a texture on a door. But Lara can't pass through the door. Toggle Opacity 2 lets Lara pass through the door.

spider-pig
15-03-08, 09:18
Thanks compass, sapper and aktekker for explaning it all :)

How do I use a animation I download? is it enabled somewhere using TREP, or some other tool?

d|r
15-03-08, 23:35
Thanks compass, sapper and aktekker for explaning it all :)

How do I use a animation I download? is it enabled somewhere using TREP, or some other tool?

You have to place the anims in your Lara object via WADMerger. Has nothing to do with TREP. ;)

LaraCablara
18-03-08, 22:39
Anybody know of any good spider web/cob web textures :)?

stranger1992
18-03-08, 22:49
Hmmm there is one i know form TR:Legend that i can give you. :D

LaraCablara
18-03-08, 22:53
That would be nice, thank you :) I don't have Legend on my computer to extract them from.

God Horus
18-03-08, 23:02
Anybody know of any good spider web/cob web textures :)?

ohh yeah, I have some for revisioned, Ill send them to you later :D

LaraCablara
18-03-08, 23:11
Thank you :D

gonzaw
18-03-08, 23:17
Quick question:

Can sinks be made vertically?
Like adding a Pad trigger to a vertical water tunnel, and a sink somewhere in the middle, so when you reach the bottom of the tunnel it propels you back up....

If not then I will have to use Toggle Opacity, but whenever I use Tbuilder to imput new textures (cage-like ones would fit) to my tga, the colours and textures in-game all turn upside down :(

I prefer using the sink

Xico15
19-03-08, 14:04
How can i make the SAS be in the stand position when triggered?

stranger1992
19-03-08, 15:31
Put an AI_MODIFY on the square where the baddy is. Dont trigger the AI object though.

AmericanAssassin
19-03-08, 23:33
Quick Question: Would it be possible to create a male character to play with? I'd like to use TRLE to model some of the locations from my book. :)

Larson_1988
20-03-08, 06:47
Do you want an entirely new model or an already existing TR model? Because Pierre, Larson and Kurtis have been made for use with the Level editor. :) You can find them at Trsearch. ;)

thecentaur
21-03-08, 12:56
i need help :o

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/floortype.jpg

okay, i know that it's possible to edit objects so that you can stand on them [statics, i mean] you would hit the edit object function.

i raised the floor type of this object to 3 steps, which is equivelant in its height, but however, the left side of this object i can't stand on. i can stand on the right side, though :S

help me!!!

d|r
21-03-08, 13:47
i need help :o

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff113/alone24/floortype.jpg

okay, i know that it's possible to edit objects so that you can stand on them [statics, i mean] you would hit the edit object function.

i raised the floor type of this object to 3 steps, which is equivelant in its height, but however, the left side of this object i can't stand on. i can stand on the right side, though :S

help me!!!

Well you need to raise the right and left of the object aswell, not just the middle when you are in object edit.

aktrekker
22-03-08, 07:17
Edit object only works for a single sector. If the object is bigger than that, parts of it are still not climbable.

Brikas94
22-03-08, 21:37
I have 2 questions: 1-How can I apply horizons to a level? 2-Is it possible to change a horizon (I wanted my horizon to be snowy)? Thanks. Awesome thread, by the way!:)

gonzaw
22-03-08, 22:06
I have 2 questions: 1-How can I apply horizons to a level? 2-Is it possible to change a horizon (I wanted my horizon to be snowy)? Thanks. Awesome thread, by the way!:)

1-Put "Horizon= ENABLED" in the script
2-Download (or create) a horizon and put it in your wad using WADmerger...

I have another question about horizons:

Why is my horizon visible indoors?
I have a huge cave, and in distant portals (mostly vertical) the horizon shows instead of the next room

EDIT: Screenshot:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/gonzaw1/Tomb0000.jpg

Inkheart
22-03-08, 22:23
Gonsaw - your horizon is visible due to the drawing distance limitation of the TR4 engine. To solve this, you can use TREP, which makes the drawing distance a lot further. That screen looks great, by the way! :D

gonzaw
22-03-08, 23:03
Gonsaw - your horizon is visible due to the drawing distance limitation of the TR4 engine. To solve this, you can use TREP, which makes the drawing distance a lot further. That screen looks great, by the way! :D

I didn't light it yet :p (except for the cave at the left)...

But I think distance limitation has nothing to do with it:
I put the distance in TREP of 20000, and the horizon is visible in the portal. I put it 40000, still visible in the same portal. Then 60000 (my current) and the horizons are visible in the same portals....
Plus you can see that in the cave at the left, just where at the entrance of the tunnel the horizon shows, is much further than the horizon at the bottom, or at the right....

Oh, and if you manage to see a secret passage in the bottom-left of the screen, don't tell anyone ;)

EDIT:Plus, the horizon is only visible from certain angles (if you see the cave in a certain angle, no horizon is visible...)

EDIT2:YOu may also see a zipline, but I can't get it to work :(

Inkheart
22-03-08, 23:06
I didn't light it yet :p (except for the cave at the left)...
[...]
Oh, and if you manage to see a secret passage in the bottom-left of the screen, don't tell anyone ;)

My lips are sealed! :p

I meant the geometry and the way the room looks rather than the lighting. It's so difficult to get such amazing caves in the LE - takes ages. But anyway - if the draw distance limit isn't the problem, perhaps the horizon is. Or the only other thing it could be is the position of the map in level editor. If it's positioned in the bottom right-hand corner on the 2D map, sometimes it causes problems. Other than that, I'm not sure.

gonzaw
22-03-08, 23:12
My lips are sealed! :p

I meant the geometry and the way the room looks rather than the lighting. It's so difficult to get such amazing caves in the LE - takes ages. But anyway - if the draw distance limit isn't the problem, perhaps the horizon is. Or the only other thing it could be is the position of the map in level editor. If it's positioned in the bottom right-hand corner on the 2D map, sometimes it causes problems. Other than that, I'm not sure.

I downloaded the horizon from TRengine, I doubt it is flawed, if not someone would review it like that....
And I am afraid I can't position my level anywhere, cause my level takes ALL the distance from left to right, and top (not the bottom), it is a huge cave in the end....
But that part of the level is in the centre of the 2d map, a little to the right...

matrix54
22-03-08, 23:13
how do i do mirrors?

God Horus
22-03-08, 23:20
how do i do mirrors?

Esse. It wont work for me, but for my next game I'll try it again

Inkheart
22-03-08, 23:21
I downloaded the horizon from TRengine, I doubt it is flawed, if not someone would review it like that....

Oh I doubt it's flawed, but sometimes the shape of the horizon has an effect. I don't know - I'm not a horizon expert.

Matrix: with TREP or NGLE? Different methods for each.

gonzaw
22-03-08, 23:31
Well, I could always cite some Stephen Hawkins in-game and say the horizon is visible because of a space-time irregularly cause by scandinavian air :p

Inkheart
22-03-08, 23:38
That's a good idea! Reminds me of Doctor Who! Ah, good old British plot holes covered up with technobabble and nonsense . . .

Must be quite frustrating to get that far and have such a damning problem though. I'd try a couple of other horizons, try and see where the problem is if I were you. I've been doing something similar all day (been making objects - such a long process right now. When I get better at it though . . .)

gonzaw
23-03-08, 01:50
I will try that, but if it is not the problem I don't know what to do...

Another very basic question:

How can I make the screen-shaking stop when a rollingball-trick is used?
I tried positioning the "rolling ball room" in the middle of the map but it doesn't work :(

thecentaur
23-03-08, 14:12
I will try that, but if it is not the problem I don't know what to do...

Another very basic question:

How can I make the screen-shaking stop when a rollingball-trick is used?
I tried positioning the "rolling ball room" in the middle of the map but it doesn't work :(

i think you're supposed to have it as close to the rooms or something like that... **shrugs shoulders**

Light a Flare
23-03-08, 16:30
I have posted a couple of threads before on issues I have had before with vehicle sounds, but nobody seems to know whats going on! Maybe somebody on this thread could help? Anyway, I've added the quadbike to my level, and ticked the appropriate "Bike_" sounds in Wadmerger's Sound manager. However when I play the level the bike sounds work but they are muffled and juddering...is this a known issue? Can anybody help?

This also happens with the Jeep Sounds.

Please Help! :)

Larson_1988
23-03-08, 16:32
A quick question, is it possible to shift background sound in one level? I mean, when i'm in a tomb i want that scary sound and when i'm outside i want a outside natural sound?

Thanks. :)

Titak
23-03-08, 17:19
I have another question about horizons:

Why is my horizon visible indoors?
I have a huge cave, and in distant portals (mostly vertical) the horizon shows instead of the next room

EDIT: Screenshot:

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj144/gonzaw1/Tomb0000.jpg
Beside the draw distance, as some others have already pointed out, this can also happen even if the draw distance is large enough.
To fix this problem, use toggle-opacity2 on all the doors (portals) and texture them with the black transparancy texture.

I had this problem with some of my HM levels where suddenly a black horizon colour would appear. I fixed it by doing the above.
So it might work for you also. ;)

gonzaw
23-03-08, 19:59
Beside the draw distance, as some others have already pointed out, this can also happen even if the draw distance is large enough.
To fix this problem, use toggle-opacity2 on all the doors (portals) and texture them with the black transparancy texture.

I had this problem with some of my HM levels where suddenly a black horizon colour would appear. I fixed it by doing the above.
So it might work for you also. ;)

I will try that...
But now my game crashes.....

I have done nothing abnormal in TREP, and didn't add anything to the WAD...
Never changed the script, but the game crashes at loading time....

The only thing I did was make a boss room, and connect it (and texture), and I got to 100 rooms... (apart from the toggle opacity 2 bit you suggested, which took me a long time as I have like 20 rooms in there :p )
I plan to make 2 more rooms and voila, level finished, but I don't think the level should crash only with 100 levels, I mean, you could even make 200 rooms without the level crashing...

gonzaw
23-03-08, 23:14
I loaded another save before making the "toggle opacity 2" portals, and the game plays just fine...
I am beginning to think there is no solution to it :(
However, I already posted the theory some time before :p

God Horus
23-03-08, 23:16
Thanks Titak, I am using the Toggle Opacity Portals and they work great! I was so worried about the draw distance that I made my room smaller, but it woks great now! :hug:

gonzaw
24-03-08, 00:26
IT doesn't work for me :(
My game crashes....

igor32
24-03-08, 00:40
IT doesn't work for me :(
My game crashes....

Increase per mesh vertex

increase enemy / object limits

extend tomb4 size

Remap scene memory

:D

Try it :p

gonzaw
24-03-08, 02:31
Thanks a lot!
It is working now :D

How do you know what patches to use in TREP for these kind of things?

EDIT: ANother question...
How do you invert textures? Like horizontally and vertically?
OR do you need an image editor for that?

gonzaw
24-03-08, 20:07
Sorry for double post and double question, but I don't want to start another thread for this:

In which format should I export my newly made textures (for my object) in order to import them using Strpix?
I kind of remember it being bmp file or something...

igor32
24-03-08, 20:37
When i try to import the picture with Strpix I got an error :hea: , but when I used WADMerger it worked nice :D

igor32
24-03-08, 20:39
How do you invert textures? Like horizontally and vertically?
OR do you need an image editor for that?

Press control or ctrl when apllying(?) a texture :p
it will mirror the textures :D

gonzaw
24-03-08, 20:50
Press control or ctrl when apllying(?) a texture :p

I knew it had a silly answer :p

EDIT:And thanks again, the textures opened flawlessly using WADmerger :p

Light a Flare
26-03-08, 12:52
How do I make split texture lines for the floor tiles that I have raised like the stairs on this level? :

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p134/TapA321/fsscr002-11.jpg

Thanks,
LaF

ukraider
26-03-08, 13:59
Use the "E" key to raise a line and the "D" key to lower it but you can only raise one line on each block. Because of that limitation I would have made that room from two stacked rooms.

KIKO
26-03-08, 15:12
Noob Question:
- I have a lever and a door. I want to push the lever for it to open the door. How do I do that ?
How do I triger it ?

Xico15
26-03-08, 15:22
http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=18
Just go here and see the tutorial :D

spider-pig
26-03-08, 15:23
First click the door and place it's trigger under the lever, make shure your trigger type is "trigger"

Then click the lever and place the trigger at the same place: under the lever.

Now press the text next to the purple\pink and in the trigger type select switch

done :D

KIKO
26-03-08, 15:33
ok thanks:D

gonzaw
26-03-08, 18:44
Another problem I have with animations and flyby cameras:
I am making a cutscene that introduces a boss, so when lara steps on a trigger, she starts a flipeffect that makes her play an animation (the walk animation).She also triggers the flyby, which is in the style of Tomb of Seth (something moving pointing at lara), but I want it to cutcam from one camera to the other (the first cameras reflect the boss, and the camera it is supposed to cut to shows the boss itself). However, when I use cutcam, in-game the cameraa doesn't jump to the other one (the one showing the boss), and as the other camera triggers the audio, torches, and boss itself I don't know what to do...

And th e problem with animations is that laras walking animation doesn't stop, not even after she stepps off the trigger, and is only affectable by a state change (like when she crashes into a wall, or into a slope, etc...). I try making the walking animation go to the "standing animation" (Anim 103, which I copied to another slot), but then lara doesn't move when she steppes on the trigger, and doesn't move after the cutscene is over (it seems like the animations don't stop, is there a way to fix this?)

d|r
26-03-08, 22:59
Another problem I have with animations and flyby cameras:
I am making a cutscene that introduces a boss, so when lara steps on a trigger, she starts a flipeffect that makes her play an animation (the walk animation).She also triggers the flyby, which is in the style of Tomb of Seth (something moving pointing at lara), but I want it to cutcam from one camera to the other (the first cameras reflect the boss, and the camera it is supposed to cut to shows the boss itself). However, when I use cutcam, in-game the cameraa doesn't jump to the other one (the one showing the boss), and as the other camera triggers the audio, torches, and boss itself I don't know what to do...

And th e problem with animations is that laras walking animation doesn't stop, not even after she stepps off the trigger, and is only affectable by a state change (like when she crashes into a wall, or into a slope, etc...). I try making the walking animation go to the "standing animation" (Anim 103, which I copied to another slot), but then lara doesn't move when she steppes on the trigger, and doesn't move after the cutscene is over (it seems like the animations don't stop, is there a way to fix this?)

To make the anim stop you need to make an actual animation where Lara moves forward in WADMerger (not in the same place, she actually needs to move forward like she does in game) and then just make Lara come to a halut once the cut. is done.

God Horus
26-03-08, 23:23
Hey d|r, sorry to pressure but I want to be able to squeeze the run anim into the next beta which comes out this Saturday (about 3 days from now), do you think it, or the beta version of it will be done by then?

gonzaw
26-03-08, 23:43
To make the anim stop you need to make an actual animation where Lara moves forward in WADMerger (not in the same place, she actually needs to move forward like she does in game) and then just make Lara come to a halut once the cut. is done.

I have another animation slot in which she moves forward (with speed and everything) in slot 445....
But I don`t know how to make her come to a hault, I try using the TREP Race Timer to make lara trigger it when steps on a trigger, she performs animation 445,and after a while the Race Timer triggers animation 447 (which is a copy of lara`s 103 animation, the one where she stands still)...But then, lara will stop, but won`t move again, yet will rotate (cause it has StateID 3 I think, allowing to rotate the animation with left/right keys)...
The only way to stop those animations from playing would be with another state changes which don`t include pushing keys (like hitting a wall while walking) happening, but I don`t know how to make the anims stop when lara steppes off the flipeffect trigger....

d|r
26-03-08, 23:58
I have another animation slot in which she moves forward (with speed and everything) in slot 445....
But I don`t know how to make her come to a hault, I try using the TREP Race Timer to make lara trigger it when steps on a trigger, she performs animation 445,and after a while the Race Timer triggers animation 447 (which is a copy of lara`s 103 animation, the one where she stands still)...But then, lara will stop, but won`t move again, yet will rotate (cause it has StateID 3 I think, allowing to rotate the animation with left/right keys)...
The only way to stop those animations from playing would be with another state changes which don`t include pushing keys (like hitting a wall while walking) happening, but I don`t know how to make the anims stop when lara steppes off the flipeffect trigger....

You aren't listening to me. You need to make an animation where Lara moves forward and then comes to a hault. All in one anim. You're just using the default walking animation, right? But now your messing with State IDs and such, assigning speed, there's no need for that! I'll make a tutorial or something, just give me a while.

The anim is pretty much complete, God Horus. I would like to change a few more things to make it look more TRLish, but I'll send you the current one.

gonzaw
27-03-08, 01:13
You aren't listening to me. You need to make an animation where Lara moves forward and then comes to a hault. All in one anim. You're just using the default walking animation, right? But now your messing with State IDs and such, assigning speed, there's no need for that! I'll make a tutorial or something, just give me a while.

The anim is pretty much complete, God Horus. I would like to change a few more things to make it look more TRLish, but I'll send you the current one.

YOu are saying that in just one anim lara moves a determined amount of steps and then comes into a hault?
Damn, that means I will have to make like 3 different animations with different lenghts.....
Well, if you are willing to make a tutorial I will gladly wait for it....

d|r
27-03-08, 01:17
YOu are saying that in just one anim lara moves a determined amount of steps and then comes into a hault?
Damn, that means I will have to make like 3 different animations with different lenghts.....
Well, if you are willing to make a tutorial I will gladly wait for it....

3 different anims? Why don't I just make the animations for you? I infact have already created something very similar. What you're doing doesn't sound difficult. Send me a PM with the details of what you want Lara to do if you'd like me to do the anims.

gonzaw
27-03-08, 02:03
3 different anims? Why don't I just make the animations for you? I infact have already created something very similar. What you're doing doesn't sound difficult. Send me a PM with the details of what you want Lara to do if you'd like me to do the anims.

IT could not be difficult, cause in the end it is just copying the walking animation frame's into the animation....
But I have 3 different places in which lara has a "walking cutscene", and each walking stances have different lengths (for example: in one of them lara walks 10 steps, and in another one she walks 16 steps, etc..)...
I could give you the sections lara walks across if that helps....
Cause I don't know the amount of steps nor the time she need to finish walking...

d|r
27-03-08, 03:00
IT could not be difficult, cause in the end it is just copying the walking animation frame's into the animation....
But I have 3 different places in which lara has a "walking cutscene", and each walking stances have different lengths (for example: in one of them lara walks 10 steps, and in another one she walks 16 steps, etc..)...
I could give you the sections lara walks across if that helps....
Cause I don't know the amount of steps nor the time she need to finish walking...

Well once you have it all figured out, drop me a PM.

gonzaw
27-03-08, 17:40
Well once you have it all figured out, drop me a PM.

Right, thanks...
Just one question:roughly, how many steps does lara take to cross a section? (flat one)

Then I would just count the sections and figure out the steps...

stranger1992
27-03-08, 18:00
3 roughly. Though you can just put a number in the the acclerate box to make her move foward right?

gonzaw
27-03-08, 20:00
3 roughly. Though you can just put a number in the the acclerate box to make her move foward right?

YEs, I can't seem to understand this completely...
If you don't assign speed to the animation, it won't move forward, but if you assign it, then the whole animation is going to go forward..
Then how do you make lara stop in that same animation, if the animation cointinues moving?
I think the thing is to make the animation that moves forward change to th animation that goes still, but I don't know how to make this (I tried using race timer), and I don't know how to make the "still" animation not repeating itself, aka lara standing still for the rest of her life....

Brikas94
28-03-08, 13:39
I need help, once again...:p When I put a sequence of flyby cameras, they just continue looping over and over again (i.e. when the sequence comes to an end, it just restarts and I can't do anything besides watch my room forever...) Anyone?:D Thank you!!!

badboy70
28-03-08, 14:21
When you place the trigger for the first camera, make sure you've selected " One Shot " ;)

Larson_1988
28-03-08, 14:37
A quick question, is it possible to shift background sound in one level? I mean, when i'm in a tomb i want that scary sound and when i'm outside i want a outside natural sound?

Anyone? :) :hug:

Xico15
28-03-08, 14:40
you mean the audiotrack?
Yes it is possible

Larson_1988
28-03-08, 14:41
Yes. :) It is? :)

Xico15
28-03-08, 14:43
just put the trigger (CD) like 107 when you re are going to inside the tomb and put another trigger when you are going to outside (like 111).
You can find this example on the karnak project

gonzaw
29-03-08, 01:19
I don't know if I asked this already, but:
My flyby camera's cutcam isn't working :(
I have a dummy camera and all, and all the settings are good...
Any way to fix this?

spider-pig
29-03-08, 17:36
I dont understand how to make shiny floors. First I need to make a vertically symetrical copy of the room and connect the rooms. Then toggle opacity 1 in the door...

Now wath do I do?

igor32
29-03-08, 23:53
Aplly textures in the floor with transparent active :D

God Horus
30-03-08, 23:28
Hey guys, I didn't know where else to post this so I thought this would be the best place. Here are some pictures of the "TRLE Meeting" I found. http://home.arcor.de/xgandalfx/TRMeetingVIII/MeetingVIII.htm
http://home.arcor.de/xgandalfx/TRMeetingVII/MeetingVII.swf

thecentaur
31-03-08, 01:00
ooh, i the pic has lara hiding in it!

--> also, if you go to gandalf's index/directory, and then got the pic files, you can see more pics of sanctuary of souls!! :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
03-04-08, 03:14
Hola, everybody! :wve: I've been on spring break for the last week, so I've missed a lot... Any interesting new projects started recently? :)

Larson_1988
03-04-08, 09:50
I'm about to restart my project of a game with Larson! :) And yourself? :)

thecentaur
03-04-08, 11:23
quick question: if you make your own puzzle object, how do you set up the way it looks like in the inventory (not the name, the appearance)? so it would look tilted or something...

gonzaw
03-04-08, 14:28
quick question: if you make your own puzzle object, how do you set up the way it looks like in the inventory (not the name, the appearance)? so it would look tilted or something...

It think it is in the script...

In the part that says: Puzzle-Name-$0000, $6543, $000 etc...

The things after the "$" indicate how the item looks in the inventory I believe...
There is a tutorial somewhere of how to know the coordinates (rotation, place in inventory, etc...)

AmericanAssassin
03-04-08, 21:26
Any interesting new projects started recently?

I'm about to restart my project of a game with Larson! :) And yourself? :)

Yes, actually. I've drawn out the entire first segment of the Atlantean Mandate Project I posted about earlier. I'm designing a large-scale puzzle right now that will be found beyond what I've already done. I'm a perfectionist, so I always write everything down before I start on it. :)

Larson_1988
03-04-08, 21:28
Awesome, :jmp: Will you use textures from TR1 Atlantis or TRA/TRAE? :)

AmericanAssassin
03-04-08, 21:32
Awesome, :jmp: Will you use textures from TR1 Atlantis or TRA/TRAE? :)

Not exactly... I may use a total of 1 or 2 TRA textures, but they will be severely edited because I want to show relation, but put a completely original spin on what we know as Atlantis in the Tomb Raider series. Also, the segment I'm speaking of is not Atlantis itself. There will be quite a bit of play before your character gets to the other realms of Atlantis.

Also, I must mention that it's based after Legend and ties in directly with AOD. I want it to be all it can be. My target release time is two years from now because I have a lot to learn about TRLE and NGLE. Also, I'm a fan of the classics, so most references will refer to the original, not TRA. :)

Larson_1988
03-04-08, 21:33
Makes it sounds more exciting! :D

Obscure
04-04-08, 21:44
Hey everyone :tmb:
Sorry if I'm bumping this thread but I was wondering if someone could help me? I downloaded TRLE etc today and played Himilayan Mysteries, which was awesome but then I saw a level called Tomb Raider: Revised. It looked really good so I downloaded it but once I did it was a little different from the HM. I clicked TR4 in the corner and it came up with Error: Do not send or Send etc etc etc.
So I clicked on Audio and saw some files called Start me. Etc I assumed I needed to move them before TR:R would work. Can someone tell me what to do with these files please? Sorry I'm such a burden.

Xico15
04-04-08, 22:04
just open startme.exe and wait until it ends converting the audio and then click on tomb4.exe to play it

thecentaur
04-04-08, 23:58
i have extreme sound issues. for one, whenever i put a footsound thingy per texture, it's barely audible ingame. is there any way i can adjust the sound so i can actually hear it? :hea:

gonzaw
05-04-08, 00:02
i have extreme sound issues. for one, whenever i put a footsound thingy per texture, it's barely audible ingame. is there any way i can adjust the sound so i can actually hear it? :hea:

From what I know or you:
a)Change the volume of the sound in a sound editor (Audacity, etc...)
b)You change the volume in the sound.txt (I think that is where the texture sounds are kept too)....
After the V you put the volume number....
I don't remember much of it, mainly because I don't have the patience of doing the DOS stuff in order to add a new "character" for sounds to be played in my level (like "#g" or "#Tu", etc...)

aktrekker
05-04-08, 05:52
Actually just delete VOL and the number after it for full volume. Don't use the single letter V as this causes tomb4 to generate a random volume. The same goes for the single letter P, it causes a random pitch modification.
You can also turn up the volume of your sound effects in the options screen of tomb4 :)
Or turn up the volume on your speakers :ton:

Lara_Fan
06-04-08, 14:00
Hey guys.
I have one maybe two questions.
Ok first one is:
I can't load objects in NGLE!When i select the wad, open it, it shows me this: WARNING: Version 129 meshes, version 0 objects.h.
Does anyone know how to fix this prob?

Second:
I once asked 'How can i make Lara to stand on static objects?', it was answered, but i still don't understand. Could someone explain it more detailed.

Thanx in advance!

Lara_Fan
06-04-08, 14:24
Anyone?

AmericanAssassin
06-04-08, 17:03
Makes it sounds more exciting! :D

I'll post some screenies of my plans in a week or so... They're kind of complex, and everything is coded from me, so you probably won't understand them, but I want to put some potential media out there. :)

Somebody, please answer Lara_Fan's Questions:

I can't load objects in NGLE!When i select the wad, open it, it shows me this: WARNING: Version 129 meshes, version 0 objects.h. Does anyone know how to fix this prob?

I once asked 'How can i make Lara to stand on static objects?', it was answered, but i still don't understand. Could someone explain it more detailed.

thecentaur
06-04-08, 17:33
Somebody, please answer Lara_Fan's Questions:

put the ngle level editor in the same folder as the old winroomedit

AmericanAssassin
06-04-08, 19:02
As I wrote earlier today, I've been working on the storyline and level design of my upcoming project Tomb Raider: The Atlantean Mandate Project, or as I like to call it, AMP. What I am about to show you is a very early design scheme for the first level, in which your character is trained. This is not the final version, as you will see that it's not complete, and it is not the entire level. In fact, from what I have planned, this is only about 10% of the entire level. Anyway, here it is...

Edit: The second shot is one I took about an hour later. There are a few medipacks added and a small pond in a location that was bare. The numbers on the platforms must be stood on in the order shown to open a doorway that will help advance the character. :)

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/AMP-ExampleDesignScheme001.jpg http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/AMP-ExampleDesignScheme002.jpg

thecentaur
06-04-08, 19:40
help! i need inspiration to build a level. what type should i build? :(

btw, interesting screenie above

Lara_Fan
06-04-08, 20:16
Thanx American Assasin and TC.

help! i need inspiration to build a level. what type should i build? :(

By type you mean, if it's winter, or summer? Well make a spring level, cos now we're spring.
Or you mean a smth else e.g. adventure type level? Recall an adventure film or show. I remembered the series Relic Hunter, if you have watched it.

Hope it helps :)

As I wrote earlier today, I've been working on the storyline and level design of my upcoming project Tomb Raider: The Atlantean Mandate Project, or as I like to call it, AMP. What I am about to show you is a very early design scheme for the first level, in which your character is trained. This is not the final version, as you will see that it's not complete, and it is not the entire level. In fact, from what I have planned, this is only about 10% of the entire level. Anyway, here it is...

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w66/AmericanAssassin/AMP-ExampleDesignScheme001.jpg :)

Really nice structure for a start. As I read that this will be a training level, I'll give you a friendly advise :) : make more obstacles, so that the player learns well the abilities of the character.

Larson_1988
06-04-08, 20:33

Edit: The second shot is one I took about an hour later. There are a few medipacks added and a small pond in a location that was bare. The numbers on the platforms must be stood on in the order shown to open a doorway that will help advance the character. :)

This looks indeed very promising! :) :) :)

God Horus
06-04-08, 23:38
Now I need opinions. In Tomb Raider Re/Visioned, right after you finish thecentaur's Training Level, it triggers a cutscene showing Lara going to Peru. For this cutscene, I want her to be wearing a very casual, simple outfit. What would you recommend?

thecentaur
07-04-08, 00:07
i recolored an outfit, you can use it if you want

God Horus
07-04-08, 00:21
i recolored an outfit, you can use it if you want

Hmm.. do you have any pictures of it? :)

toby_13
07-04-08, 19:56
My room suddenly got strange...i'm pretty sure this is easy to resolve but how can i put it back to the right place?

This is the closest i can get:
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa160/Lviz119/3D_Panel_0001.jpg

Any help would be higly appreciated. :ton:

stranger1992
07-04-08, 20:00
press "preview" then press escape....or just press draw doors.

toby_13
07-04-08, 20:11
Solved it.Stupid question...:o Thank you once again! You must be an angel.:D

stranger1992
07-04-08, 20:15
http://www.toadfire.com/imagesusers/644/644-2014168948-bbyjck_angel.gif.jpg

Inkheart
07-04-08, 20:15
Solved it.Stupid question...:o Thank you once again! You must be an angel.:D

Lol! Stranger's an angel! :vlol:still haven't forgotten all those people calling you God and Messiah! I think there must be some forum agreement that Stranger is not from this planet. In a good way . . . ;)

Anyhoo - my question. Can someone please explain volfx and bump mapping to me? I know they have something to do with fog bulbs and textures, but can someone please explain them as fully as possible in words that I understand? Thanks a lot!

stranger1992
07-04-08, 20:16
Try the TRA retold team, they will tell. ;):P:D

Fog Bulbs and bump mapping.

Fog Bulbs are used to create volume in a level that can resemble smog or something. It is set by going to "effect>>>fog bulb" and then placing in the level. The, you can edit it like a normal lightbulb by pressing "show light meshes" and then using the controls to control the fading and strength of the bulb. Beware though it is rather a strong effect so have really really small fog bulbs and very weak ones are the ones that look the best IMO.

To change the color of the bulb you need set "Flipeffect 28" and then as the timer value check out the manual :

FOG COLOUR TABLE
Red Green Blue ‘Timer’ value.
0,0,0 ............................................... 0
245, 200, 60 ....................................1
120, 196, 112 ..................................2
202, 204, 230 ..................................3
128, 64, 0 .......................................4
64, 64, 64 ........................................5
243, 232, 236 ..................................6
0, 64, 192 ........................................7
0, 128, 0 ..........................................8
150, 172, 157 ..................................9
128, 128, 128 ................................10
204, 163, 123 ................................11
177, 162, 140 ................................12
0, 223, 191 ....................................13
111, 255, 223 ................................14
244, 216, 152 ................................15
248, 192, 60 ..................................16
252, 0, 0 .......................................17
198, 95, 87 ....................................18
226, 151, 118 ................................19
248, 235, 206 ................................20
0, 30, 16 .......................................21
250, 222, 167 ................................22
218, 175, 117 ................................23
225, 191, 78 ..................................24
77, 140, 141 ..................................25
4, 181, 154 ....................................26
255, 174, 0 ..................................27And set it somewhere where lara will cross but the player wont see it change. You also need VolumectrixFX enabled in your game setup to see it.

Bump-mapping

Bumpmapping is used to create a texture more 3d looking. Tr4 cannot do accurate bump maps so it has to be set to either level 1 or level 2; level 1 being weaker then 2.

to set Bump-mapping go to "texture sounds" in ngle or winroomedit and then selecting your bump level and then assigning it to a texture. It also needs to have "Bump Mapping" ticked on in the in-game setup. :D

Inkheart
07-04-08, 20:31
Thanks a lot, Oh Great God from High Heaven, Oh Angel of Death and Level Editing and all things similar! etc.

And - love the picture! :vlol:

God Horus
07-04-08, 20:36
@Stranger - Excellent Tutorial! :)

gonzaw
10-04-08, 00:51
Since 1 month I've been trying to figure this out cutscene/animation problem, but I still can't :(

It isn't the end of the world though, seeing as I can build my other levels while I try to fix this problem (and finishing building the cave one)...
But sooner or later I will have to make all the cutscenes from my entire series (as well as some other animation tricks, etc)...

So, nobody figured out the cutscene problem yet (the one I made the thread of)?
I still don't know if it the problem is with TREP or the animations, or the cameras (seeing as I can't cutcam from one camera to the other)..

On another note....Why does strpix texture the objects oddly?
Some parts of it can be textured and other can't, unless I texture them from certain angle or after some time....
I don't know if it is strpix or my PC's memory, but it's frustrating....

stranger1992
10-04-08, 00:56
Turn the collision box off. :D

Also, build your level, then cutscene. if the cutscene sucks you still got a level.

gonzaw
10-04-08, 01:07
Turn the collision box off. :D

Also, build your level, then cutscene. if the cutscene sucks you still got a level.

It's not a static, just some parts are "texturable" and others not, dunno why.
I want to texture a trapdoor, but one side of it is textured perfectly, while the other side only has 3 tiles texturables?

My level is already finished (except from one big room I am making now), so I want to make it "fully playable" by now, with cutscenes and all, so then my next levels are made more easily (knowing how to make cutscenes, levels and such)...

And my cutscenes won't suck (I hope so), but lara doesn't stop the animation after the cutscene and continues walking :(
Plus my cameras dont trigger anything (even if they have 14 checked), because I can't cutcam to them...
So basicly, my cutscene is ****ed up

I will start doing my title flyby level for now at least...

Christi
11-04-08, 20:29
What the devil!? How do you make a gate that doesn't open. I have a room, and below it is water. In the room above the water room, I want to make the floor have a 'gate' that doesn't open. I am using textures with a gate texture in it, how do I do that??:o

God Horus
11-04-08, 21:10
Hiya,

Use Toogle Opacity (not 2, the normal one), and a gate texture, and it will not open. To get it to open, use a trapdoor.

Christi
11-04-08, 22:31
Hi J. Thank you, hows the Texturing coming?

EDIT, wait! it didn't work!? it said to select a door, so I made it a door, and she falls through...

God Horus
11-04-08, 22:56
Are you clicking on Toogle Opacity, or Toogle Opacity 2? And if you use a Trapdoor, remember to place a DUMMY trigger.

Christi
12-04-08, 00:07
Just Toggle oppacity. Thats what I used

aktrekker
12-04-08, 07:06
You have to click on the door in the 2D grid until the door is outlined in green. Then click toggle opacity and the door will become texturable in the 3D window. Then you can place your texture.

Compass
12-04-08, 14:57
I also ask it on this part of the forums, could anyone rip zip textures for me? all of them (head, body, clothing, eyes)

Larson_1988
12-04-08, 14:59
What Zip textures? Legend's or Chronicles?

Compass
12-04-08, 15:11
Legend :D wich level was zip in? in chronicles?

Christi
12-04-08, 15:13
What is Crack Mode, and how do I use it, and what does it do??

thecentaur
12-04-08, 16:01
there's a tutorial about crack mode in 'the forbidden site' but i can't post it...

Christi
12-04-08, 16:16
I know what it is...;)

thecentaur
12-04-08, 17:51
okay, i'm using ngle, and i downloaded some new water textures (now its 128x128) but i can't seem to have a v50 animating range... it doesn't work for me. it originally consisted of 16 textures (if that matters) and it didn't work; now it has 8 textures (again, if that matters at all) but it still doesn't work. can anyone help please? :)

Larson_1988
12-04-08, 18:02
Legend :D wich level was zip in? in chronicles?

He was in the VCI levels! ;)

I have PM'd you the textures from Zip now! ;)

@thecentaur: I myself have no idea on how to make that work. But there are people here who most definetly will come up with a solution! :wve: :)

AmericanAssassin
13-04-08, 21:50
So, how is your LoK project coming along, Larson? I hope better than mine, which would mean none... Lol. :p

badboy70
14-04-08, 16:53
What is Crack Mode, and how do I use it, and what does it do??
When you activate it; you can see if there are any holes in your room
CLICK to see (http://media.putfile.com/Tomb-Raider-Level-Editor---Tut-P2---Crack-Mode)

Larson_1988
14-04-08, 16:54
So, how is your LoK project coming along, Larson? I hope better than mine, which would mean none... Lol. :p

Nah, i'll start a Larson venture this evening! :jmp:

Oh, what happened? :o

Inkheart
15-04-08, 14:57
I'm having trouble texturing an object. It's not a technical error, it's just that the textures I cut out never seem to fit together properly, no matter how much I rotate and reflect. So basically, I was wondering if anyone had any tips working in Strpix? Any advice from an expert would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Compass
15-04-08, 15:12
I have trouble with this:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2302

How do I install it?
it contains a .TRW file wich can't be openend with WADmerger?

Christi
15-04-08, 15:30
I HAVE A PACK LOAD OF QUESTIONS THAT NEED ANSWERING!!! Someone please PM me...:o

(^ I think you use animation editor thats with wadmerger and select import animation, than you load the file that was downloaded. I think, it didn't work for me so...)

tomblover
15-04-08, 16:44
In WadMerger:

Select the Lara object.

Go to animation editor.

Select the anim that should be replaced. (It's prolly written in the readme or the .trw file itself.)

Click Animation.

Click Import. (Replace.)

Select the .trw file.

Done! :)

AmericanAssassin
15-04-08, 21:33
Oh, what happened? :o

I'm not saying I've stopped working on it. I just mean that I feel as if I'm getting nowhere. I'm still designing the first level... :p

Christi
15-04-08, 22:01
HOLY ****!!!!! I just ran into a huge problem and I NEED to fix it!!!!! I gave lara a new backflip animation and saved it. I tested it out in the game and I HATE IT!!. it just doesnt work!!! I need to get the old backflip animation back! HOW!?

thecentaur
15-04-08, 22:10
HOLY ****!!!!! I just ran into a huge problem and I NEED to fix it!!!!! I gave lara a new backflip animation and saved it. I tested it out in the game and I HATE IT!!. it just doesnt work!!! I need to get the old backflip animation back! HOW!?

extract an animation from one of the base wads, eg, karnak, cleopal, etc. and then replace the one in your wad :wve:

Christi
15-04-08, 22:12
WHAT!? How do you extract animations??

EDIT: nvm! i got it, thank you, I owe you my life :hug:

AmericanAssassin
16-04-08, 21:44
I made some awesome changes to my level design that I showed in the previous page. I'll post some pics in a bit. It's waaaaay more complicated, with more traps, items, etc added! :D

Larson_1988
16-04-08, 21:46
I'm not saying I've stopped working on it. I just mean that I feel as if I'm getting nowhere. I'm still designing the first level... :p

Belivie me, i know that feeling too! :o

I made some awesome changes to my level design that I showed in the previous page. I'll post some pics in a bit. It's waaaaay more complicated, with more traps, items, etc added! :D

Awesomeness, :D Good to hear you've continued. :)

LaraCablara
16-04-08, 21:59

Ive been doing the first level of my project for over a year getting it perfect :o, I guess theres always a time where you have to move on.

God Horus
16-04-08, 22:03
I am trying to let go of Peru now, and move on. The Peruvian Cave level is done, but I can't seem to let go! I spend hours scrolling through the rooms, re-texturing the walls, adding objects, etc.

AmericanAssassin
18-04-08, 10:47
Ive been doing the first level of my project for over a year getting it perfect :o, I guess theres always a time where you have to move on.

I am trying to let go of Peru now, and move on. The Peruvian Cave level is done, but I can't seem to let go! I spend hours scrolling through the rooms, re-texturing the walls, adding objects, etc.

Well, I certainly haven't been working on it for that long. I'm still in the pre-planning stages... :p

Christi
19-04-08, 19:06
How come when I load an architecture or rock object into my wad, put it into my level, and when I test my level out it appears to be Laras butt???:)

God Horus
19-04-08, 19:21
I think I know what the problem is. In WADMERGER, save your wad as whatever. Then, when you output it in NGLE, you need to output it OVER the wad you made in wadmerger, then save it. You cannot be like, saving a wad as "mygame" and output it as "game" and convert it, as it would not work. The name needs to stay the SAME;)

LaraCablara
19-04-08, 20:21
Does anyone know why that thread with the meta-like editing program was deleted today?

Spikey
19-04-08, 20:56
Likely because the member posted the link, without having 100 posts first.

Which is a real shame, because the program had a lot of potential really, and now...it's removed from the forum. :(

Christi
19-04-08, 21:08
I think I know what the problem is. In WADMERGER, save your wad as whatever. Then, when you output it in NGLE, you need to output it OVER the wad you made in wadmerger, then save it. You cannot be like, saving a wad as "mygame" and output it as "game" and convert it, as it would not work. The name needs to stay the SAME;)

Wait, what?? Does it have to do with static objects. Whatever they are?

Lara_Fan
21-04-08, 20:32
Wait, what?? Does it have to do with static objects. Whatever they are?

Well, as much as i understood from this explanation and from what i know it's all about having the objects named by the one from the original wad. E.g. Core have named the enemy SCORPION and if you want to put a different enemy with a different name in the SCORPION slot you wouldn't be able. I don't want to complecate you much, but shortly it has nothing to do with the static objects. In my condition I don't play with replacing objects with WADMerger i just replace the objects in strpix. That's the easiest way for me. :D

Christi
21-04-08, 22:02
aaaah...I get it now thanks you two:)

AmericanAssassin
24-04-08, 16:32
Any new projects out there that we'd like to know about? Larson? Anyone? :D

God Horus
24-04-08, 19:53

Well, I'm still doing Re/Visioned and determined not to quit.

Christi
24-04-08, 20:44
1) How do I add different audio tracks that weren't provided from when I downloaded TRLE??

2)How do I make the ambience different?

3)How do I add static objects to my wad? And delete the current ones I have? I don't get that whole thing.

4)I can't amimate my textures with NGLE!! It doesn't work!!!!:hea:

Christi
25-04-08, 19:20
SORRY I DOUBLE POSTED! I just really need answers:o

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 19:27

hi :)
I'am currently working on my very first mission.I'am using ngle.I have a lot of it done so far.

AmericanAssassin
25-04-08, 19:31
hi :)
I'am currently working on my very first mission.I'am using ngle.I have a lot of it done so far.

Hello! :wve: What is your project about?

1) How do I add different audio tracks that weren't provided from when I downloaded TRLE??

2)How do I make the ambience different?

3)How do I add static objects to my wad? And delete the current ones I have? I don't get that whole thing.

4)I can't amimate my textures with NGLE!! It doesn't work!!!!:hea:

SOMEBODY PLEASE ANSWER CHRISTI!!!

Christi
25-04-08, 19:33
lol...It's ok don't get impatient:)

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 19:34
Well to be honest,i have no storyline to it yet but the level is set in Peru.Any hints on a storyline?

Christi
25-04-08, 19:39
Lara lost her ring in Peru from TR1 heehee...

AmericanAssassin
25-04-08, 19:43
The storyline for my upcoming project (code-named: AMP) ties in to TR1 a lot... It's based after Legend. Oh, and it also ties in with AOD. :D

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 19:45
Lara lost her ring in Peru from TR1 heehee...

lol.:)

To add different audio tracks you have to have it in wav format or you want hear it in game.Once you have done that rename to 000,001 or whatever you want but do not rename it any thing over 111 or it won't play:)

Christi
25-04-08, 19:49
hmmm I thought I did that hold on, I'll try it again.

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 19:51
The storyline for my upcoming project (code-named: AMP) ties in to TR1 a lot... It's based after Legend. Oh, and it also ties in with AOD. :D

Cool:)
Are you using ngle.

Christi
25-04-08, 20:01
UUUUH It didn't work. What I did, was took an mp3 file named tra_peru_explorers_theme.mp3 and renamed it 095.wav. Is that what Im supposed to do?? Because if it is, then my level editor is just screwed up...

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 20:05
UUUUH It didn't work. What I did, was took an mp3 file named tra_peru_explorers_theme.mp3 and renamed it 095.wav. Is that what Im supposed to do?? Because if it is, then my level editor is just screwed up...

But did you covert the mp3 file to wav format.It won't work if you just rename it to wav.:)

Christi
25-04-08, 20:05
How do you do that??:p

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 20:09
How do you do that??:p

Download the madplay tool from skribblerz.It's so easy to use just click on the start me button and then it converts,but make sure your mp3 file is in the same folder:)

Christi
25-04-08, 20:23
OMG I used he converter, put it into my audio folder, and put it into the game, it doesn't work!!!!! AAH!

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 20:27
Did press the start me button to decode the mp3 file to wav,then trigger it 095 or whatever you want in game.

matrix54
25-04-08, 20:43
*question

has anyone played cape fear? i can't since i don't own tr2, but is it good?

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 21:04
*question

has anyone played cape fear? i can't since i don't own tr2, but is it good?

I have never heard of it.what is it about:)

AmericanAssassin
25-04-08, 21:14
Cool:)
Are you using ngle.

Yeah, I am, although I'm pretty new, so it'll be a while before I'm willing to show you guys any pics of what I'm working on... :)

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 21:19
Maybe one or to pics won't hurt..

Christi
25-04-08, 21:43
Yes, I did what you said, but the file. It tries to play in the game, but it doesn't. Like I'm playing the track right were lara starts out, and it plays a bit of the main theme over and over!:hea:

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 21:47
Yes, I did what you said, but the file. It tries to play in the game, but it doesn't. Like I'm playing the track right were lara starts out, and it plays a bit of the main theme over and over!:hea:

Hmmmm.. did it convert into wav fully,sounds like it is corrupted or something,i never had this problem:confused:

Christi
25-04-08, 21:49
When I try t play it by itself (Window's Media Player) it doesn't play. Maybe that has something to do with it...?

Wayne_Scales
25-04-08, 21:55
Thats got to be it.Try downloading a better one then rename to e.g 095.mp3 then press the start me,makesure it changes from mp3 to wav,and then trigger it and try it out.

Larson_1988
27-04-08, 19:02

Hi, :wve: Sorry, i didn't see your post until now. :o Yes, i've just started something. :) It'll feature Larson! (TRA Larson in the end). :)

And i have this issue now: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s57/larson1988/tomb42008-04-2720-59-47-34.jpg

See those black stripes? How can i get rid of them? I have extended the Tomb4's size with TREP.

And this is just a trial screen to show you this.

Edit: Those stripes also occur when pressing "P" or the Inventory button. :(

Any ideas? :o
Thanks

Wayne_Scales
29-04-08, 09:10
Hi, :wve: Sorry, i didn't see your post until now. :o Yes, i've just started something. :) It'll feature Larson! (TRA Larson in the end). :)

And i have this issue now: http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s57/larson1988/tomb42008-04-2720-59-47-34.jpg

See those black stripes? How can i get rid of them? I have extended the Tomb4's size with TREP.

And this is just a trial screen to show you this.

Thanks

If i'm looking the right thing,are them stripes textures:confused:

snork
29-04-08, 09:46

Thanks
The stripes in inventory / paused mode happen when you have your screen set at 32 bit colour depth.
Either set your screen to work at 16 bit colour or if you want you can fix the bug somewhere in trep/ draco patches.

The other black lines may have to do with antialiasing, or was it "anisotropic filtering" or something like that too advanced for old TR4 engine. Turn it off in your display options, the general oness for your computer, not in TR Setup.
E.g. I do a click on this nvidia settings thing in the system tray to access these settings.

So it most probably is just a mistake with displaying the game correctly on your computer and nothing wrong with your level.

TrKing_Rulz
29-04-08, 20:55
I would like to know if it is possible using 3D Studio Max to speed up animations if the FrameRate is 1? :o I cannot seem to do this with WADMerger and had to resort to deleting hundreds of frames from long animations. :p

Larson_1988
30-04-08, 14:55
The stripes in inventory / paused mode happen when you have your screen set at 32 bit colour depth.
Either set your screen to work at 16 bit colour or if you want you can fix the bug somewhere in trep/ draco patches.

The other black lines may have to do with antialiasing, or was it "anisotropic filtering" or something like that too advanced for old TR4 engine. Turn it off in your display options, the general oness for your computer, not in TR Setup.
E.g. I do a click on this nvidia settings thing in the system tray to access these settings.

So it most probably is just a mistake with displaying the game correctly on your computer and nothing wrong with your level.

I just found out what was wrong! :D I had the Nvidia settings too best performance and not the "Let the 3D program decide" option. :D Silly me!" :o

And now i have another question. :o I'm making a Nevada desert a like level, it will not be a remake or anything. But i can't find any tutorials on how to make a good outside area. :o Can someone direct me or try to explain how to? :)

TrKing_Rulz
30-04-08, 16:02
I would like to know if it is possible using 3D Studio Max to speed up animations if the FrameRate is 1? :o I cannot seem to do this with WADMerger and had to resort to deleting hundreds of frames from long animations. :p

?:o

aktrekker
01-05-08, 07:00
No. The timing is still done in tomb4.
You can double the speed by deleting every other frame. Or delete every third or fourth frame, etc.

TrKing_Rulz
01-05-08, 15:06
No. The timing is still done in tomb4.
You can double the speed by deleting every other frame. Or delete every third or fourth frame, etc.

Ah, thanks very much for your answer. :) I have used this method but it is extremely labourous to do with Animations that have hundreds of frames. Thanks, aktrekker! :D

aktrekker
02-05-08, 06:57
Sorry there isn't a better answer. It would probably be easier if you had something like a filmstrip of the frames and you could just click and delete.

Wayne_Scales
02-05-08, 12:55
Question
some of my outside rooms have some sort of horizon bug.in some rooms outside the horizon works well but in other outside rooms the horizon kind of pop on and off like you can see one minute and then it turns completly black and then it will come on again,:hea:

Is there any way to fix this.Help would be appreciated.:)
Thanks

thecentaur
03-05-08, 01:44
question: when i play teme9's the treasure of the lost spanish galleon, 'meeting speed raiding' or 'i know what you did...' are they supposed to make my screen stutter? it has bad framerate and makes things choppy. :( its hard for me to play these levels)

Lara_Fan
03-05-08, 10:22
question: when i play teme9's the treasure of the lost spanish galleon, 'meeting speed raiding' or 'i know what you did...' are they supposed to make my screen stutter? it has bad framerate and makes things choppy. :( its hard for me to play these levels)

Well, from these games which you wrote I've only played, 'The tresure of the lost spanish galleon' and 'I know what you did' the game ran smoothly, so I think it's not supposed the screen to stutter.

aktrekker
04-05-08, 01:59
Question
some of my outside rooms have some sort of horizon bug.in some rooms outside the horizon works well but in other outside rooms the horizon kind of pop on and off like you can see one minute and then it turns completly black and then it will come on again,:hea:

Is there any way to fix this.Help would be appreciated.:)
Thanks

It could have to do with how big the outside area is. There is a limit to how far you can see, then things start to flash out of sight. The limit is about 18 squares, but you can change the limit with TREP.

Wayne_Scales
04-05-08, 11:26
It could have to do with how big the outside area is. There is a limit to how far you can see, then things start to flash out of sight. The limit is about 18 squares, but you can change the limit with TREP.

Yeah i think your right,my outside area is pretty long in some parts.Thanks aktrekker.:)

God Horus
04-05-08, 14:37
I have a little request.

I need somebody to re-texture the legs of an outfit for me. I have all the required textures, but in STRPIX I just can't really get things to work.

PM me if you are willing to do it :D

Not As We
04-05-08, 18:10
with creating a new animating object,

I've created my object in Meta, its a cog and now i want to animate it

I first tried importing it into a static slot using stripx, then opening WADmerger and trying to copy it while holding shift, into an Animating slot but only static slots appeared

This time i imported a random animating object into stripx and then replaced that one with my custom one using the import feature
but when i open it with animation editor, it has the animations of the other object and also the properties, for instance when i tell it to calculate collision it acts as if the object is there as well and add collision around something that isn't there,

So, does anyone know how to add a new, empty animating slot into my WAD and then add my custom mesh into that?

Christi
04-05-08, 18:44
Not as we-You have to hold down shift, I earlier discovered, when you are hitting the copy button, then select an animation slot. Unless Im wrong...

I have three questions:
1-Wheres that "create nice, shiny, polished, floors thread"?
2-what in the lords name is a dummy trigger, and how do I lace one because I need it.
3-I have madplay, I get an mp3 file, renamed it to 095.mp3, then converted it into 095.wav. when I try to play it by itself, it doesn't play, when I put it in the game, it doesn't play either. Havn't I done everything right?

Not As We
04-05-08, 18:55
Not as we-You have to hold down shift, I earlier discovered, when you are hitting the copy button, then select an animation slot. Unless Im wrong...

I tried that
It will only let me place statics on other static slots
i can't get it into an animation slot

Thank you anyway :)

God Horus
04-05-08, 18:56

I have three questions:
1-Wheres that "create nice, shiny, polished, floors thread"?
2-what in the lords name is a dummy trigger, and how do I lace one because I need it.
3-I have madplay, I get an mp3 file, renamed it to 095.mp3, then converted it into 095.wav. when I try to play it by itself, it doesn't play, when I put it in the game, it doesn't play either. Havn't I done everything right?

I created the polished floor thread. That was a very bad tutorial and some of the stuff in there was wrong, I'll send you a better tut later.

Christi
04-05-08, 18:59
K...

Seth94
04-05-08, 19:07
Christi, The reason that the 095.wav isn't working is because it's in the wrong format. It's in PCM, it needs to be in ADPCM!

Use sound recorder:

1. open your .wav
2. Press save as.
3. Go to the bottom where it says you can change the type of file. Change it to ADPCM, 4 bit. ;)

Lara_Fan
04-05-08, 20:25
Christi, The reason that the 095.wav isn't working is because it's in the wrong format. It's in PCM, it needs to be in ADPCM!

Use sound recorder:

1. open your .wav
2. Press save as.
3. Go to the bottom where it says you can change the type of file. Change it to ADPCM, 4 bit. ;)

http://sceneshiz.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99&Itemid=50
here is a tut ;) by mattlsu

God Horus
05-05-08, 00:05
Now please do not harrass me and start begging me like crazy.

I am in the need for 4 beta testers. I already have Larson_1988 and igor32.

So this is going to be like a first come first serve basis, the first 4 people to post will get to be a beta tester. But of course if I am skeptical of you becomng a beta tester, you may not become one.

(this happen before, somebody ripped my exclusive running animation and tried to upload it, luckly they were stopped, but I need to be very careful)

I will edit this post and add the names of the testers

d|r
05-05-08, 02:13

So this is going to be like a first come first serve basis, the first 4 people to post will get to be a beta tester. But of course if I am skeptical of you becomng a beta tester, you may not become one.

(this happen before, somebody ripped my exclusive running animation and tried to upload it, luckly they were stopped, but I need to be very careful)

I will edit this post and add the names of the testers

I can beta test if you need some help. I've done beta testing before, so if you're not sure if you want to use me you can ask others who I've beta tested for before. I'm sure they'll assure you I'm a good tester. :D

thecentaur
05-05-08, 11:19
question: does anyone else listen to music while they level build? :o

I DO!!! :D

Inkheart
05-05-08, 11:24
I listen to music all the time. Level building is no exception! Does anyone have any preference to music particularly while they build?

thecentaur
05-05-08, 11:25
whenever i level build, i listen to upbeat music, rock music, etc :D

stranger1992
05-05-08, 11:38
Michael Jackson
Classical
Film Music
The Wombatsyes, a lot of music. :)

Spikey
05-05-08, 11:40
I usually listen to music from other videogames while I build.

Basically, listening to videogame music help me build videogame levels. :p

Lara_Fan
05-05-08, 12:04
I also listen to music while building (like now :p). It's various, basiclly I listen the music I like, which is most every kind of music and everytime it's a different track.

tomblover
05-05-08, 12:56
I listen to a lot of different stuff. Depends on what I'm obsessed with at the moment. :p

Compass
05-05-08, 12:57
I don't I never listen to music when I'm sitting on my computer :jmp:

Could try it with building but I want tomb raider music but laracroft.tv is down somehow (the discography pages!)

tomblover
05-05-08, 12:57

I will edit this post and add the names of the testers I would like to test. :)

Compass
05-05-08, 14:55
Where could I get the TR3 Jungle background music? (with the birds and monkeys you hear on the background! :D

stranger1992
05-05-08, 15:09
From me if you ask

Larson_1988
05-05-08, 15:30
question: does anyone else listen to music while they level build? :o

I DO!!! :D

Yup, i listen to Tomb Raider and Legacy of Kain soundtrack! :D It brings me in a good mood! :D

And a question, what background music is fitting for a Nevada desert level? :)

stranger1992
05-05-08, 16:17
Nevada desert music from tr3?

Larson_1988
05-05-08, 16:19
I can't remember how that music sounded like? :o

Compass
05-05-08, 16:36
Anyone any ideas for a puzzle? I don't have any ideas at the moment for puzzles! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

stranger1992
05-05-08, 16:37
Well i suggested Elements puzzle but 'its boring', also i suggested the tr5 bird puzzle from rome and..it ...was ...'boring' ;)

Spikey
05-05-08, 17:03
Anyone any ideas for a puzzle? I don't have any ideas at the moment for puzzles! :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused:

How about a colour mixing puzzle or something? You see a block of colour above a door, and 5 levers with a different colour above each one. You then have to pull two of the levers marked with the two colours that mix together to create the colour above the door.

Then said door shall open. :D

Just a random idea. :p

Lara_Fan
05-05-08, 17:07
How about a colour mixing puzzle or something? You see a block of colour above a door, and 5 levers with a different colour above each one. You then have to pull two of the levers marked with the two colours that mix together to create the colour above the door.

Then said door shall open. :D

Just a random idea. :p

A random, but interesting and original idea :tmb:

God Horus
05-05-08, 19:19
I have a fun puzzle which I set up, but it still has some issues. There is a button which opens a door, but underneath the button is a pressure plate. The pressure plate activates a ghost, which chases you and takes your health away. If you run into the new room without destroying the ghost, Lara dies. So you need to jump into the water and swim far enough, then hit a switch which converts the water to lava :D I just set up a flip map then for the new room to be lava, and for there to be no ghost.

Not As We
05-05-08, 21:32
I've kinda sorted out my other problem, i just had to improvise a bit

anyway, i now have another problem, i need to open two doors and trigger a flipmap at the same time using cameras,
is this at all possible, as, from what i am aware, only one heavy trigger can be placed on one square at any given time
which means that i cannot trigger all three events from the same square and if i trigger them separate then it looks stupid as the doors open one by one and then the water flows out a few seconds later

so is there any way around this?