PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52

Hateshinai
15-08-10, 22:32
That problem only started when I got Win7.
Beforehand, with XP everything worked perfectly.
Is it possible that a driver doesn't installed correctly?
Maybe I should reinstall the drivers, and see if that was the problem.

I've got Windows Vista Home Premium on this laptop, but I had the same Win on my previous laptop and it worked just fine ...

As for the graphic card stuff, I don't know where I can see that.
All that is written on my laptop is "[AMILO Pro] [Bluetooth] [intel Centrino Duo] [Designed for Windows XP | Windows Vista Capable]

aktrekker
15-08-10, 23:46
Try setting compatibility to Windows XP SP3.

To get graphics information, go to Start menu->Run, type in dxdiag and press enter. When the window comes up, select the Display tab.

Underhoe
16-08-10, 00:00
The compatibility was on SP3.
My video card is a Geforce, and the processor is AMD Athlon, but as
I said I've never had problem before.
Edit - lol, I just saw that mine was the 5000th post. :p

Dustie
16-08-10, 09:10
I've got Windows Vista Home Premium on this laptop, but I had the same Win on my previous laptop and it worked just fine ...

What graphics card was your previous laptop and what is in your current laptop?
To check it, do as aktrekker said. The Display tab in DXDiag has info on what card/chip you have.

Seems like NVidia cards together with Vista or Windows 7 cause problems with TRLE and companion tools... :(

tombraider1703
16-08-10, 10:22
http://i36.************/fm1co9.jpg

Is it right that the objects that are moving along the railtrack are floating over the ground?
The "mountains" on the sides are the tr4 ones retextured.

Titak
16-08-10, 11:33
They shouldn't float I think.
Just lower them down to the floor. If that does work with how you have placed them now, you should place them o the ceiling and lower them down to the floor.
Or raise the floor on the sides in that lowest room and/or make slopes that go up to the objects.

tombraider1703
16-08-10, 11:36
They shouldn't float I think.
Just lower them down to the floor. If that does work with how you have placed them now, you should place them o the ceiling and lower them down to the floor.
Or raise the floor on the sides in that lowest room and/or make slopes that go up to the objects.

I didn't placed any objects.
and the floor texture is transparent.
the train script command makes the statics move along the sidetrack and the textures on the floor.
But in the tutorial on trseach they don't float i tested it with my wad and it worked so I will just copy the rooms then...

99 Times
16-08-10, 11:48
Is the positioning of the small medi pack in the inventory hard coded?

It's just i'm trying to put together a small WAD of Zelda objects, as a little side project from my levelset and I'm using the small hearts as the small medi objects,

As a pickup, they look great, but in the inventory, they're rotated incorrect

As medi's look as pickups
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/02lhilton/medi_help_2.jpg

In the inventory (Ignore the large medi, it's no where near finished =])

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/02lhilton/medi_help_1.jpg

Titak
16-08-10, 12:20
I didn't placed any objects.
and the floor texture is transparent.
the train script command makes the statics move along the sidetrack and the textures on the floor.
But in the tutorial on trseach they don't float i tested it with my wad and it worked so I will just copy the rooms then...
Then I don't know, sorry. :o
Are you sure you did everything exactly the way it was done in the tutorial project?

Is the positioning of the small medi pack in the inventory hard coded?Yes.

99 Times
16-08-10, 12:29
Ah bugger =/

Lon Lon Milk roll anyone?
XD

Seth94
16-08-10, 12:31
I think if you change the size or rotation of the small medipack's animation 0, it will have an affect on the item in the inventory. :)

99 Times
16-08-10, 12:46
I think if you change the size or rotation of the small medipack's animation 0, it will have an affect on the item in the inventory. :)

Maybe, but I think it's hardcoded that the medipack mesh will be rotated about 135 degrees in the inventory. and with me making a heart there's no way to disguise it =/ As a pick-up it is positioned normally, but when it's in the inventory it's practically laid down =/

TR-Freak
16-08-10, 12:48
of course not.

If using TRNG you can put it into a Pickup_Objects - Slot.
Which you can customize with size and rotation.
You can also script is as a new medipack.

Seth94
16-08-10, 12:49
Maybe, but I think it's hardcoded that the medipack mesh will be rotated about 135 degrees in the inventory. and with me making a heart there's no way to disguise it =/ As a pick-up it is positioned normally, but when it's in the inventory it's practically laid down =/

I think the only way to sort that would be to position the animation 0 of the heart object upright. But then the position of the object would look unrealistic in-game.

of course not.

If using TRNG you can put it into a Pickup_Objects - Slot.
Which you can customize with size and rotation.
You can also script is as a new medipack.

Well, it worked for me when rotating the TR3 MP5 in the inventory. ;)

Underhoe
16-08-10, 13:30
What graphics card was your previous laptop and what is in your current laptop?
To check it, do as aktrekker said. The Display tab in DXDiag has info on what card/chip you have.

Seems like NVidia cards together with Vista or Windows 7 cause problems with TRLE and companion tools... :(

That's just great...I don't know what to do...maybe I will try to retexture the objects in my father's laptop.

Dustie
16-08-10, 14:17
Is it right that the objects that are moving along the railtrack are floating over the ground?
The "mountains" on the sides are the tr4 ones retextured.

Looks like the objects are simply placed too high. Not in the level, but in their XYZ zone or whatever you can call that... open them in WadMerger and check them using Animation Editor to see if they're hovering above the grid. You can try placing them in the level in the editor and zooming in very close to see if they hover when placed and lowered to the ground.

That's just great...I don't know what to do...maybe I will try to retexture the objects in my father's laptop.

Well I don't know that for sure yet. I might be getting an ATI card to test this specific issue... if it's a hardware problem indeed, then I guess the only way out is using different hardware altogether.

See if the program works fine on other computers with different graphic cards or operating systems, if you can do that.

Ward Dragon
16-08-10, 14:25
How do I tell which line to change in the English.txt to rename an inventory item? I did it before with much trial and error but now I can't get it working again for two new puzzle items :o I'm using TRNG if that makes a difference. One item is labeled "load" and the other is labeled "Ba Cartouche" even though it's not (I've already written over the "Ba Cartouche" entry of the English.txt with the proper name of the item but it didn't take effect in the game). I also added lines to the Script for the two puzzle items I'm trying to rename.

tombraider1703
16-08-10, 14:30
How do I tell which line to change in the English.txt to rename an inventory item? I did it before with much trial and error but now I can't get it working again for two new puzzle items :o I'm using TRNG if that makes a difference. One item is labeled "load" and the other is labeled "Ba Cartouche" even though it's not (I've already written over the "Ba Cartouche" entry of the English.txt with the proper name of the item but it didn't take effect in the game). I also added lines to the Script for the two puzzle items I'm trying to rename.

If you're using TRNG you should use the NG_center to edit the strings :)

Ward Dragon
16-08-10, 14:36
If you're using TRNG you should use the NG_center to edit the strings :)

I have been, but I can't figure out which lines I have to change :o

Dustie
16-08-10, 14:42
As far as I can recall it doesn't matter which entries do you edit, it matters to have the entries there... while you can't change the amount of lines in english.txt, because the rest of the lines will 'move', you have to replace existing entries.

Other than that, you assign the names for items by referring to their object name (Key_item1, key_hole2, etc.) in the script.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Pemon
16-08-10, 17:47
http://i36.************/fm1co9.jpg

The "mountains" on the sides are the tr4 ones retextured.I think it has to do with the type of horizon you use.

A train level is not the easiest level to create due to the limitations of the use of the editor's map but, I hope you can make an nice level.

In this link you can find a tut. http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/trainlevels.htm

Here is an intro of a train level I've started a couple of years a go and has been in the self since. :(

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p115/Pemon_2006/Nivel%20del%20Tren/?action=view&current=Tren.flv

Good luck, and I'll look forward to yours.

Hateshinai
16-08-10, 18:10
There has to be something done about it ...
Most people will switch to Win 7/Vista sooner or later.

tombraider1703
16-08-10, 18:32
There has to be something done about it ...
Most people will switch to Win 7/Vista sooner or later.

I run win 7 on my pc and all editor tools work fine so it can't be just because of win7 or Vista

Dustie
16-08-10, 21:38
I run win 7 on my pc and all editor tools work fine so it can't be just because of win7 or Vista
If you read my previous post you'll know what else it might be due to...

Underhoe
16-08-10, 22:06
If Hateshinai will write his/her PC specs, we would now what might the problem be.

Hateshinai
16-08-10, 23:23
If Hateshinai will write his/her PC specs, we would now what might the problem be.

Intel(R) GMA 950
Internal
256 MB
1280 x 800 (32bit) (60Hz)

Ward Dragon
17-08-10, 10:50
As far as I can recall it doesn't matter which entries do you edit, it matters to have the entries there... while you can't change the amount of lines in english.txt, because the rest of the lines will 'move', you have to replace existing entries.

Other than that, you assign the names for items by referring to their object name (Key_item1, key_hole2, etc.) in the script.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm assuming you are correct. I woke up today, tested my level without changing a thing, and now the inventory objects are correctly named. I have no idea why it wasn't working yesterday, though :confused: Oh well, as long as it keeps working I'll just be happy :p

99 Times
17-08-10, 11:06
I'm assuming you are correct. I woke up today, tested my level without changing a thing, and now the inventory objects are correctly named. I have no idea why it wasn't working yesterday, though :confused: Oh well, as long as it keeps working I'll just be happy :p

You just jinxed yourself there :p

Ward Dragon
17-08-10, 14:32
You just jinxed yourself there :p

It happened again and I figured out what the problem was :D After I made my updates to the script and strings files, I had to press "reload" on the NG Center for the updates to take effect in my project.

Killercowz
17-08-10, 14:56
How do you rip sounds from TR2 and TR3 using wadmerger?

I need to rip some sound tracks, and samples, but I can't figure out how. :(

WCookie
17-08-10, 19:15
How can I make it possible to stand on a trapdoor?
And how do I make it open after picking up an item?
I'm having problem with this :(

Dustie
17-08-10, 19:18
Intel(R) GMA 950
Internal
256 MB
1280 x 800 (32bit) (60Hz)

Well you have integrated Intel chipset graphics. That doesn't fall under my theory, although I'm using an integrated chipset also...

How do you rip sounds from TR2 and TR3 using wadmerger?

Is it even possible to begin with? There are sound rippers for TR2 and TR3, I believe... SoundJack? Or something like that?

Matie
17-08-10, 19:37
How can I make it possible to stand on a trapdoor?
And how do I make it open after picking up an item?
I'm having problem with this :(

Here's an alternative: select the portal which leads to the room with the trapdoor and click Toggle Opacity (this method only works if the portal is made of one square tough). Then later when you activate it trigger a flipmap, where Toggle Opacity isn't activated or Toggle Opacity2 is set.
And another in case you have a bigger portal than just one square: put an invisible bridge flat object to the same place where the trapdoor is, put a dummy trigger for the bridge_flat. When the trapdoor is activated trigger a flipmap (of the room with the dummy trigger) at the same time, but the flipped room doesn't have the dummy trigger, so Lara can fall through the bridge flat object and the portal. I hope it was understandable:o

As for your second question: select the item, trigger it on the same square where it is. Set the trigger type as "Pickup". Now trigger the trapdoor on the same square where the pickup trigger for your item is. You have to set the OCB for the item, add 64 to the value of the current OCB, so it activates the pickup trigger. You can read more about it here (http://skribblerz.com/tuts/pickups.htm).

WCookie
17-08-10, 19:42
Here's an alternative: select the portal which leads to the room with the trapdoor and click Toggle Opacity (this method only works if the portal is made of one square tough). Then later when you activate it trigger a flipmap, where Toggle Opacity isn't activated or Toggle Opacity2 is set.
And another in case you have a bigger portal than just one square: put an invisible bridge flat object to the same place where the trapdoor is, put a dummy trigger for the bridge_flat. When the trapdoor is activated trigger a flipmap (of the room with the dummy trigger) at the same time, but the flipped room doesn't have the dummy trigger, so Lara can fall through the bridge flat object and the portal. I hope it was understandable:o

As for your second question: select the item, trigger it on the same square where it is. Set the trigger type as "Pickup". Now trigger the trapdoor on the same square where the pickup trigger for your item is. You have to set the OCB for the item, add 64 to the value of the current OCB, so it activates the pickup trigger. You can read more about it here (http://skribblerz.com/tuts/pickups.htm).

Thank you a lot for the help! :hug:

Matie
17-08-10, 19:46
You're welcome:)

Richard_trle
17-08-10, 20:49
how to make a water misty room?

matrix54
17-08-10, 20:57
fog bulbs :D

Killercowz
17-08-10, 23:28
Is it even possible to begin with? There are sound rippers for TR2 and TR3, I believe... SoundJack? Or something like that?

Soundjack? OK I'll give it a try. Do I have to convert them?

StefanJ94
17-08-10, 23:47
I plan on start building simple levels. Which level editor is good for beginners and where can I find some tutorials other than TRF?

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 00:02
I plan on start building simple levels. Which level editor is good for beginners and where can I find some tutorials other than TRF?

I'm using TRNG because it's stable on Windows 7 and has a few extra features. The manual that came with the original level editor still applies. I worked through it following the instructions to make the tutorial level and that made it much easier to learn how to use the editor :)

Richard_trle
18-08-10, 00:20
fog bulb is not working the room is rather dark than foggy

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 00:22
fog bulb is not working the room is rather dark than foggy

What color did you set the bulb to? Also, you have to trigger the fog bulb with a flip effect (it doesn't work the same as light bulbs).

Fog Bulb – You can create some great volumetric fog with this special
effect, but it will not show up at all unless you have the “Volumetric FX”
setting turned on in your initial game Setup menu. The Fog Bulb is used
in conjunction with Flipeffects only. You must enter the number 28 in the
upper right box of the trigger window for the fog effect and a number in
the “Timer” box for a specific color from the Flipeffects Fog Color Chart

TRNG has a drop-down list of colors so you don't have to enter in the numbers manually :)

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 00:42
I'm using TRNG because it's stable on Windows 7 and has a few extra features. The manual that came with the original level editor still applies. I worked through it following the instructions to make the tutorial level and that made it much easier to learn how to use the editor :)

Thank you. I'm using Windows XP at the moment (I change from OC to OC religiously ever month) but I think it will work as good as with Windows 7.
And a question. Is NG an upgrate to the original LE, or a total new editor?

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 00:50
Thank you. I'm using Windows XP at the moment (I change from OC to OC religiously ever month) but I think it will work as good as with Windows 7.
And a question. Is NG an upgrate to the original LE, or a total new editor?

I actually can't remember how I installed it since it was over a month ago XD

Judging by this FAQ (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126237) it appears to be stand-alone. I did have to install Visual Basic 5 and 6 from here (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/) but that may only be required for Windows 7. Don't bother unless you get a visual basic error while trying to install the editor.

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 00:53
I actually can't remember how I installed it since it was over a month ago XD

Judging by this FAQ (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126237) it appears to be stand-alone. I did have to install Visual Basic 5 and 6 from here (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/) but that may only be required for Windows 7. Don't bother unless you get a visual basic error while trying to install the editor.

Okay, thank you very much :)
I'll download it now :D

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:03
Okay, thank you very much :)
I'll download it now :D

You're welcome :D The manual can be found here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/manuals.html) if it's not included in the TRNG download :)

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 01:13
You're welcome :D The manual can be found here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/manuals.html) if it's not included in the TRNG download :)

Aww thanks for that too, but I think NG editor requires the LE to work :)
Time for unboxing :\

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:20
Aww thanks for that too, but I think NG editor requires the LE to work :)
Time for unboxing :\

That's available for download too :)

http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/vista/trle.html

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 01:22
okay, that saved me priceless time searching through boxes >.>

:vlol: I feel like living on mars xD

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:26
okay, that saved me priceless time searching through boxes >.>

:vlol: I feel like living on mars xD

That might make a pretty cool level :vlol: :D

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 01:38
It tells me I need TRNL full install :pi:
What's that? :confused:

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:49
It tells me I need TRNL full install :pi:
What's that? :confused:

I'm not sure :confused: Did you try installing MK2 from here (http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm)? That's the one I used (and then do an update after it installs)

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 01:57
I'm not sure :confused: Did you try installing MK2 from here (http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm)? That's the one I used (and then do an update after it installs)

I install it, but the update fails >.>
And in the NG_CENTER there is only 1 file named:
center_settings.bin

Ward Dragon
18-08-10, 01:59
I install it, but the update fails >.>
And in the NG_CENTER there is only 1 file named:
center_settings.bin

Weird :confused: I updated mine through the NG Center (there is a tab called "Updates" and then I clicked "Check for updates") but it sounds like you can't even open that window so I'm not sure what to do :o

StefanJ94
18-08-10, 02:04
I'll try to fix it tomorrow.
ps: I tried opening it with WinRar and installing it from a different setup but it still doesn't work. I even tried copying the extracted files in the folder, and still nothing. -_-

TR-Freak
19-08-10, 16:15
Hi!

Does someone now a Solution for Flickering Horizon?
In Inside-Rooms with Windows the Horizon is flickering!

Titak
19-08-10, 16:31
^
Not sure what you mean exactly? :confused:

Underhoe
19-08-10, 16:32
Just reinstalled my drivers, now I can't see anything in the render window. :/
http://i38.************/6853ki.jpg

giovani-croft
19-08-10, 16:34
what the comand of Ledges animation ?
I'm rebember this
Animation= 448 KEY1=JUMP ...

Niveus
19-08-10, 16:39
Just reinstalled my drivers, now I can't see anything in the render window. :/
http://i38.************/6853ki.jpg

Reset your drivers? Most likely, you'll need to redownload & Visual Basic 5 & 6. :)

TR-Freak
19-08-10, 16:39
^
Not sure what you mean exactly? :confused:
e.g. I have a Window Texture in a Inside-Room.
And then the Horizon flickers. means he isn't always visible (then you see just a black horizon)
And I can't texture something with the black Transparent color in a normal House room...

what the comand of Ledges animation ?
I'm rebember this
Animation= 448 KEY1=JUMP ...
Check Paolones Anim Tut.

giovani-croft
19-08-10, 16:42
Check Paolones Anim Tut.
Ok I'm check
on where I can find this tutorial?

TR-Freak
19-08-10, 16:44
Reference of NG Center helps,too.

giovani-croft
19-08-10, 16:47
Reference of NG Center helps,too.

Thank's, it work ;)

Matie
19-08-10, 16:53
Hi!

Does someone now a Solution for Flickering Horizon?
In Inside-Rooms with Windows the Horizon is flickering!

Divide the room, put those windows in a separate one and connect it with your original room, and put toggle opacity 2 on the portal, this way it won't flicker.
Or make a one click high room and connect it to where you have the windows (also don't forget to put TO2 to the portal).
Here's what I mean:
http://imgur.com/UwOrJ.jpg
On the square in the centre there's a window texture and a 1 click high room is connected to that square with TO2. This solved the flickering.

If you have a ceiling with slopes and a transparent texture on it, the horizon usually flickers (even if the ceiling doesn't have slopes).

Underhoe
19-08-10, 17:08
Reset your drivers? Most likely, you'll need to redownload & Visual Basic 5 & 6. :)

Did that, still the same. That's the moment when i give up, I don't care anymore. :p Thank you anyway. :)

TR-Freak
19-08-10, 17:26
Matie: I'll try it. But one thing - what If the Windows arent the highest Ceiling?,sometimes the Windows are lower than other ceilings.:o

and one more Problem.
Baddy1 and 2 have their Upper Body 90 rotated.
http://npshare.de/files/89c7fb9b/shot000.png
(Ignore Lara's Meshes,haven't Meshswap implemented yet)

Matie
19-08-10, 18:35
Matie: I'll try it. But one thing - what If the Windows arent the highest Ceiling?,sometimes the Windows are lower than other ceilings.:o

Hmm, try dividing the room so that they join at the level of the windows and turn on TO2 at the portal.

TheLostValley
20-08-10, 13:08
HELP!

I mean, hello!

Searching hi & lo, googling like crazy but can't find a solution to my problem.

When I insert teeth spikes into my level they stay up side down regardless how much I try to enter a ocb-value.

My TRLE is v.49

I've followed tutorials, re-installed trle...but nothing, zero, zip, nada happens. :hea:

Why 'o why doesn't it work? Guess I'll make a level full of monkey bars from start to end where Lara picks up a key and has to swing all the way back to unlock the exit door. :cln:

Titak
20-08-10, 13:18
When you enter an OCB value you have to hit the Enter button to make the value stick before closing the OCB window.
Did you do that?

TheLostValley
20-08-10, 13:44
:hug: I love you Titak!

Got me spikes working!!! Weeeeeee! :jmp:

I feel like such a noob! LOL!

Believe me I try not to ask for help in the first place, but that was bugging me like hell. Haha such a simple thing thwarted me for hours.

Guess I'll wait with the level 'Tomb Raider: Monkey-bar business Xtreme' :cln:

Titak
20-08-10, 13:50
It is perfectly okay to ask questions.
That's what the forum is for after all. :D

Yes, sometimes it is the small things that keep one thwarted for ages.
Welcome to the LE. :vlol:

Ward Dragon
20-08-10, 13:54
Believe me I try not to ask for help in the first place, but that was bugging me like hell. Haha such a simple thing thwarted me for hours.

Yeah, I'm the same way :p I try to search as much as I can before I ask any questions, and then usually when I finally do ask several hours later the answer is something so simple that I can't believe I didn't find it myself :vlol:

Scurvy
20-08-10, 14:36
Are about all the animations speed hard coded?

Titak
20-08-10, 14:48
No.
You can change the speed in Animation Editor: the higher the framerate, the slower the animation. Framerates above 4 aren't recommended though. It makes an animation look jerky.
And any faster than framerate 1 can't be done, unless you change the animation altogether.

Yeah, I'm the same way :p I try to search as much as I can before I ask any questions, and then usually when I finally do ask several hours later the answer is something so simple that I can't believe I didn't find it myself :vlol:Or the forumeffect kicks in right after you post your question and you figure it out yourself! :vlol:

Scurvy
20-08-10, 15:00
Thank you :D

Titak
20-08-10, 15:48
Btw, if you change the framerate of an animation you'll also need to change the framenumbers that have a sound or StateID changes assigned to then.
Otherwise the sounds or other effects take place at the wrong frame.

TR-Freak
20-08-10, 16:04
I forgot How to set up a Torch Puzzle:o

Lara has to light 3 Torches to open A door.
I already tried Heavy+Heavyswitch for Door but it doesn't work.:(

Matie
20-08-10, 16:17
^Select the flame emitter and trigger it on the same square where it is placed, set the trigger type to Heavy. Select the door and trigger it with a normal trigger above the heavy trigger for FE. Do this with the remaining two torches aswell.

TR-Freak
20-08-10, 16:33
Own Mistake - The Flame_emitter which was already on had a heavy,too:hea:
Thanks anyway.

Richard_trle
20-08-10, 23:30
does the light editor in strpix affect non static meshes too?

Uzi master
20-08-10, 23:33
I doubt it, it might, but that would be a little pointless as movable light correctly anyway.

Niveus
21-08-10, 00:09
They have to be imported as a static mesh in a static slot, otherwise the lighting won't work. :)

matrix54
21-08-10, 02:52
does anyone have the sound of Lara running barefoot. The boot sound is driving me crazy -_-

Scurvy
21-08-10, 10:09
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2857

In this there's foot 1,2,3 and 4 :D

I think these are the sounds :)

Sharon_14
21-08-10, 11:11
someone should rip legend's barefeet sounds :o

Niveus
21-08-10, 11:45
^ I have TR:A barefeet sounds and me and Matrix have talked about it on Skype, so I'm going to try and rip them when I'm back on my TR:A PC. :)

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:06
Is it possible to return a floor tile back to normal after clicking one of the attributes (climbable, box, monkey swing, etc.)? I accidentally clicked the wrong tile and now I can't figure out how to get rid of the wall being climbable :o

tombraider1703
21-08-10, 19:12
Is it possible to return a floor tile back to normal after clicking one of the attributes (climbable, box, monkey swing, etc.)? I accidentally clicked the wrong tile and now I can't figure out how to get rid of the wall being climbable :o

just click on the same tile you clicked before ;)

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:17
just click on the same tile you clicked before ;)

I tried that but it didn't work :confused:

Uzi master
21-08-10, 19:20
I tried that but it didn't work :confused:

did you just click the tile or did you click on the attribute it has again? like if it's monkey swing click monkey again and it won't be.

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:22
did you just click the tile or did you click on the attribute it has again? like if it's monkey swing click monkey again and it won't be.

I experimented and it works for the monkey swing, but I can't get it to work for the regular climbing :o

Edit: Even weirder -- it worked for a wall but not for a regular square next to a wall :confused:

Edit 2: Actually, it's just that one darned square that refuses to turn off the climbing :hea:

Uzi master
21-08-10, 19:45
are you sure it's a climbing square? maybe a pic could let me tell, remember in the map of the room a climbing square has a green line on the side you climb on, and you need to deactivate the specific side('s)

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:48
are you sure it's a climbing square? maybe a pic could let me tell, remember in the map of the room a climbing square has a green line on the side you climb on, and you need to deactivate the specific side('s)

Yeah, one square is stuck with all four sides with green lines, and the adjacent wall is climbable in game. It just won't turn off :confused: But it's not that big of a deal if it can't be fixed since this particular wall doesn't cause any problems by being climbable :)

Uzi master
21-08-10, 19:52
look at it this way, it could add a bit of open-ness by having a wall you can climb but has to real use:p

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:54
look at it this way, it could add a bit of open-ness by having a wall you can climb but has to real use:p

Well it's the wall next to a monkey swing so it kind of does lead into the monkey swing. I was originally planning to have the ladder-to-monkey-swing animation, but then it looked too hard to add an animation so I just raised the floor a few clicks and tried to get rid of the ladder on the wall but it won't go away :p

aktrekker
21-08-10, 19:56
Aren't you using TRNG?

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 19:58
Aren't you using TRNG?

Yeah, but it seemed like a general TRLE question since it didn't involve any of the advanced features. I didn't realize it might be a bug until just now.

aktrekker
21-08-10, 20:18
I've never heard of anyone having this problem in 10 years.
I have to assume it's something to do with the TRNG editor.

Have you tried turning off the monkey first?
Are the neighboring walls full walls? Try making them Floor type first.
Make sure the floor part of the neighboring walls is raised up higher than the flaky sector so there is actually a wall there.

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 20:26
I played some more with the climbing buttons and the green color went away in the 3D view of the room so I checked in-game and the climbing is gone. However the square still has green around the edges on the 2D map in the corner :confused: It's weird, but it works in-game so I'm content to say the problem is solved :p

TR-Freak
21-08-10, 21:07
Maybe you pressed on the "T" Button?
Or you made the Climb on the wall and not on the floor?

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 21:16
Maybe you pressed on the "T" Button?

That was it :eek: :D I have no idea what that button does. I must have pressed it by accident.

Titak
21-08-10, 21:18
It is for the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER.
Any triggers placed on a TT tile will not be activated untill the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER nullmesh object, which needs to be placed on the TT tile, has been triggered.

Nice for having enemies pop up after picking up something and going back through some corridor for example. :D

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 21:20
It is for the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER.
Any triggers placed on a TT tile will not be activated untill the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER nullmesh object, which needs to be placed on the TT tile, has been triggered.

Nice for having enemies pop up after picking up something and going back through some corridor for example. :D

Awesome :D I may have to make use of that :mis:

By the way, do spotlights need to be triggered? I placed a spotlight and aimed it where I want, but when I go to play the level I don't see any light from it :confused: I already checked to make sure the spotlight isn't stuck in the wall (it's definitely in the air).

Uzi master
21-08-10, 21:24
the two light meshes both need to hit geometry otherwise no light

TR-Freak
21-08-10, 21:26
Also make sure,the Light's ON butt is...ON otherwise it won't affect moveables and statics only Geometry:ton:

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 21:39
the two light meshes both need to hit geometry otherwise no light

Ah, thanks :) Also, the spotlight doesn't do what I thought it did. I was expecting a beam of light, but it only lights up the floor (not the air in the way).

TR-Freak
21-08-10, 21:45
Ah, thanks :) Also, the spotlight doesn't do what I thought it did. I was expecting a beam of light, but it only lights up the floor (not the air in the way).
Well,it also affects exact faces of Moveables and Statics which is a really cool effect:o

Niveus
21-08-10, 21:46

You could use a light white fogbulb for that effect.
You can also use static light rays that produce a cool effect when some fiddling is done. :D

Ward Dragon
21-08-10, 21:55
Well,it also affects exact faces of Moveables and Statics which is a really cool effect:o

Indeed :D I'm keeping the spotlight. I'm just trying to add something to it now so it looks how I want. Currently I'm playing with effect lights :p

You could use a light white fogbulb for that effect.
You can also use static light rays that produce a cool effect when some fiddling is done. :D

Ooh, static light rays sound interesting. Where do I find them? :D

TheLostValley
21-08-10, 23:02
Hi guys n gals!

I've been experimenting with "wall-cracks" to shimmy along.

But I can't get the section of the wall with the crack to look good when I texture it.

I know when I adjust textures in a regular wall I can use 5 lines. So 20 clicks tall rooms are no problem.

But when I make the wall-crack by lowering and rising the tiles to get a gap in the wall i only get 2 lines to adjust with.

I'm not sure if there is another way. I guess I could stack enough lower rooms to a total of 20 clicks to solve it.

But it seems more convenient to work with one room.

Thx for any ideas.

And yes I'm beginner at levelbuilding so I probably forgot to hit enter key or something (;)@titak)

Uzi master
21-08-10, 23:06
stack the rooms;)

it's important, if you can't spend a few minutes stacking room's than level editing may not be you're thing.

TheLostValley
21-08-10, 23:38
Thx for a quick reply.

Spend a few minutes extra to build, eh?! I should more like spend a few minutes AWAY from trle. :ton:

Uzi master
22-08-10, 01:43
does anyone know how to trigger something when a mine object explodes?

aktrekker
22-08-10, 03:11
Did you try a heavy trigger?

Dunnut7
22-08-10, 11:27
Heyy, guys. This is maybe a stupid question, but should I leave the LE? I know it's myself who should decide. But alot of people helped me (Building objects, giving me textures) and I'm working with the Level Editor without a single result. And I believe that this is going to stay like that. I don't have the time, seriously. So I think I'm going to leave..

Titak
22-08-10, 11:55
It is indeed your decision.

On the other hand, if you don't have a lot of time for it or don't have ideas/inspiration right now you could just take a break.
Perhaps one day you'll pick up on it again. :hug:

So, if you do decide the quit, I wouldn't throw away the levels I made so far if I were you.

Dunnut7
22-08-10, 12:19
Thanks, Titak:hug: You're one of the reasons I began to work with the LE:) It was very fun to do, but hard too.

I'll just take a long break and see what happens then;)

Titak
22-08-10, 12:56
It is hard.
Especially when you want to put a lot of custom stuff in a level.
It is hard to make it look good but also to make good gameplay.

Hopefully the break will do you good. :hug:

Will we still be seeing you around this forum and the Dutch forum?
After all, you can still play custom levels. :D

Dunnut7
22-08-10, 13:02
It is hard.
Especially when you want to put a lot of custom stuff in a level.
It is hard to make it look good but also to make good gameplay.

Which is one of the reasons I need a break!

Will we still be seeing you around this forum and the Dutch forum?
After all, you can still play custom levels. :D

Ofcourse! Although I'm not at the Dutch forum anymore. Or at least I haven't checked it for a long while. But I'l always have a look:)

Richard_trle
22-08-10, 23:58
I have many questions xD

How to make textures look more realistic ingame without those line divisions between each tile?

and what is this Piegas Method everyone talks about?

Is there any way to export a object into a single file that is editable by metasequoia? This is going to easy my process of creating the outfit for my level

I don't know if I asked this before, but in the meshes of both skin and joints, the number of vertices for connection must remain the same as the original skin?

Niveus
23-08-10, 00:15
How to make textures look more realistic ingame without those line divisions between each tile?

I think that has to do with your graphics card. If Anti-aliasing is set on in the settings of it or something, these lines occur. Best ask someone who has had this issue. I think there was something about it in the Fex Engine thread...

and what is this Piegas Method everyone talks about?

As far as I am aware, this is good for creating rooms for instance, in a ship which has sunk sideways and the rooms are tilted. This method helps create smooth texturing in those rooms. Let me get a picture for you, that someone posted once. (I hope they don't mind.) EDIT: Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4765548&postcount=10) is tombcroft3's post.

Is there any way to export a object into a single file that is editable by metasequoia? This is going to easy my process of creating the outfit for my level

Nope, there is no way to do that. What you can do is, export all the meshes for the LARA_SKIN meshes and the LARA_SKIN_JOINTS meshes, and import them into Metasequoia and rearrange them so it is one object. If you want, you can join the meshes together by combining two selected vertices using CTRL+J. They have to be in the same meta object though. I advice against this though and say just rearrange them so it is in the right order. Then save it as a new .mqo. Then, base your new meshes on this, and once you have done all the meshes and joints, put them back into their original place in accordance with the original meshes you exported. :) Deskj wrote it better... EDIT: Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4679896&postcount=71) is deskj's post.
I don't know if I asked this before, but in the meshes of both skin and joints, the number of vertices for connection must remain the same as the original skin?
I don't think they have to stay the same (except the ponytail hole) but they cannot go over a certain number. 11, I think. Let me look around again... *facepalm* :p EDIT: Yup, Titak's post HERE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4795909&postcount=8).

Richard_trle
23-08-10, 02:23
I have many questions xD
I don't think they have to stay the same (except the ponytail hole) but they cannot go over a certain number. 11, I think. Let me look around again... *facepalm* :p EDIT: Yup, Titak's post HERE (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4795909&postcount=8).

but, how the engine actually handle it? I mean, how can I remap it if it has more

Niveus
23-08-10, 02:25
but, how the engine actually handle it? I mean, how can I remap it if it has more

You can't. They must stay equal to 11 or below 11. No way around that I'm afraid. :o

Richard_trle
23-08-10, 02:33
You can't. They must stay equal to 11 or below 11. No way around that I'm afraid. :o

You didn't understand what I said, lol, if it has more than 4 (for Skin) and more than 6 for skin joints, how am I supposed to remap it, or the meshes connects regardless that

Niveus
23-08-10, 03:26
You didn't understand what I said, lol, if it has more than 4 (for Skin) and more than 6 for skin joints, how am I supposed to remap it, or the meshes connects regardless that

Each connection hole must have the same vertex count. EG, say the knee hole on the thigh is having 8, the top of the knee joint must have 8 too. If this is not the case you must remesh these so they match. They must fit pretty snugly too or remapping won't solve the weird bugs.

sapper
23-08-10, 07:02

You can have more vertices for joints than the original joints but not more than 11 each side of the "tube".

For remap values read this tut (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=132749).

When modelling your outfit probably use meta2tr to get the mesh right but don't bother with any proper texturing.

In MoveAll.mqo are all the moveables. The SKIN_JOINTS and LARA_SKIN will be present together so you can work on the mesh as a whole.

You can also easily remap LARA automatically in meta if using meta2tr. See meta2tr manual.

When done import MoveAll.mqo back into the TR4.

Transfer LARA_SKIN and SKIN_JOINTS from TR4 to a wad using wadmerger.
Note the textures may be messed up so this is why you don't bother texturing until last.

Sakkemix
23-08-10, 12:32
Problems in Meta :(

Whenever I write something to a box, it reverts into old one when I move to another box..

For example -
Y was originally 4.00, then I type 4.40 and move to another box, it reverts to 4.00....... Am I being stupid or is my computer being stupid? :p

Titak
23-08-10, 12:52
Ehm, ehm, what was the solution to this again? :o
I've had it before also.

*thinking out loud*
Does it have to do with the way your computer handles , or . for decimals? You're from Finland, which is Europe, so my guess is that your computer is set so it uses , for decimals, right?
If so, then try setting the local settings of the computer to English.

Or is it something related to the version of Meta.
I don't think so...
*ends thinking out loud*

Sorry, I can't remember exactly. :o
But changing the regional/local settings to English often solves quite a few problems TRLE related programs. :D

Sakkemix
23-08-10, 13:08
Does it have to do with the way your computer handles , or . for decimals? You're from Finland, which is Europe, so my guess is that your computer is set so it uses , for decimals, right?
If so, then try setting the local settings of the computer to English.

Yeah, that was it :p Arigatougozaimasu Titia! :D

---

EDIT! It does that again, even if my local settings are set to English - USA .. -.- Gawd.. MORE info on it, I can input numbers like 1.00, 2.00, 3.00 or even 700.00 doesn't matter as long as it is even number like that .. o__o

Titak
23-08-10, 14:59
I always set it to English-UK.
Would that make a difference?

Did the settings actually stick?

Matie
23-08-10, 19:38
I have some problems with lighting, I put a lightbulb to the ceiling, but certain squares don't react to it. It happened before too, but I could fix it somehow, now I can't. Does anybody know what causes this? (Here (http://imgur.com/xOXRo.jpg)'s a picture of it.)

TR-Freak
23-08-10, 19:49
You enabled BumpMapping to these Textures.
If you put the onto Triangled Faces,make sure they're textured correctly.
[ALT + Left Click]

Matie
23-08-10, 19:58
I did use that method to texture triagulated surfaces (it looks a bit weird on the screenshot:o). I reapplied the textures, also tried with changing the geometry, but it's still the same.:( It happened to flat floortiles too, reapplying the textures helped there.

Edit: fixed it, I changed the textures and it looks okay now, thanks anyway TR-Freak:)

TheLostValley
23-08-10, 21:55
Hi yall!

I want to build "window on the floor" in a room so you can see the room below.

When I build a doorway to use for viewing through only Lara falls through to the floor below.

My intention in gameplay is to show the player either a key item or place of interest to go to and then it's up to the player to figure a way in.

One more question or a daydream. Co-op! well Lara Croft and the guardian of light is due release.

But imagine the fun to be able to co-op in "normal" tomb raider aah! endless variations of puzzles and stuff!:D

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 22:02
Hi yall!

When I build a doorway to use for viewing through only Lara falls through to the floor below.

My intention in gameplay is to show the player either a key item or place of interest to go to and then it's up to the player to figure a way in.

Have you tried applying a transparent texture without making a doorway? That's my first guess although I don't know if it will work :o

TheLostValley
23-08-10, 22:09
Have you tried applying a transparent texture without making a doorway? That's my first guess although I don't know if it will work :o

Yes. But the transparent texture is not enough since ther is no "physical" opening.

And when I create the doorway Lara can pass through. Maybe if there was a possibility to create something she can't pass through that is transparent.

well. gotta experiment alittle. Thx for the thought.

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 22:12
Yes. When I create the doorway Lara can pass through. Maybe if there was a possibility to create something she can't pass through that is transparent.

There's a button you can click to make the texture transparent. You can also click on the little black box on the color panel and apply that as a transparent texture :)

You could also try a trapdoor. Here (http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2703) is one that is like a gate so maybe that will work :)

Mystery-King
23-08-10, 22:14
Hi yall!

One more question or a daydream. Co-op! well Lara Croft and the guardian of light is due release.

But imagine the fun to be able to co-op in "normal" tomb raider aah! endless variations of puzzles and stuff!:D

If I'm not mistaken, select the door portal and press TOGGLE OPACITY. That makes it a doorway which you can't pass through unlike TOGGLE OPACITY 2 which creates a doorway you can pass through. :)

Oh and in a level I finished building I have a (very) small section in it where Lara and the Von-Croy object work together to pass through a room of spikes but it's hardly co-op. But you never know, maybe one day! ;)

TheLostValley
23-08-10, 22:37
If I'm not mistaken, select the door portal and press TOGGLE OPACITY. That makes it a doorway which you can't pass through unlike TOGGLE OPACITY 2 which creates a doorway you can pass through. :)

Oh and in a level I finished building I have a (very) small section in it where Lara and the Von-Croy object work together to pass through a room of spikes but it's hardly co-op. But you never know, maybe one day! ;)

Pefect! It worked, thx.

I created a doorway changed it to opacity and added a transparent texture and Lara don't fall through. In the room below i had to change the doorway to opacity 2 so that it's possible to view through. Cheers! :D

Richard_trle
23-08-10, 22:37
Yes. But the transparent texture is not enough since ther is no "physical" opening.

And when I create the doorway Lara can pass through. Maybe if there was a possibility to create something she can't pass through that is transparent.

Toggle Opacity makes the doorway blocked, she can "see" if it is transparent, but she can't go through
Toggle Opacity 2 is to just add a texture effect to a doorway (mists, water, lava and etc are indicated to use this)

but if you want a cool effect. Try this!
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/2368/clipboard1u.jpg

This is a square wall that goes in any movable object (preference in animationX slot), note the shiny it must be above 20

Titak
23-08-10, 22:51
Have you tried applying a transparent texture without making a doorway? That's my first guess although I don't know if it will work :oYou have to make a doorway, otherwise polygons in the other room will not always be visible through the transparant part. Parts will sort of black out when there's no connection between the rooms. :)

Pefect! It worked, thx.

I created a doorway changed it to opacity and added a transparent texture and Lara don't fall through. In the room below i had to change the doorway to opacity 2 so that it's possible to view through. Cheers! :DWhy toggle-opacity2?
The toggle-opacity you used on the floor of the upper room would have worked also and it makes sure that Lara can't go through the ceiling/floor from the lower room. :D

Ward Dragon
23-08-10, 22:58
You have to make a doorway, otherwise polygons in the other room will not always be visible through the transparant part. Parts will sort of black out when there's no connection between the rooms. :)

Ah, thanks :) I never tried it so I didn't realize there would be problems :o

Richard_trle
23-08-10, 23:15
Where is the texture page? I have found a magnificent texture site!!!

Also, is there any way to animate objects in blender and import to tr?

I mean, blender can export 3ds files and I saw a way to import 3ds files :cln:

TheLostValley
24-08-10, 00:45
Don't know what to call it, floor-window..eh! :p

Ok. I'm not sure but I got it working. I don't have any other program than the LE just starting out fiddling with this level building. :)

This is something it could look like.
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af17/Jan_Sipola/floorwindow.jpg

Richard_trle
24-08-10, 01:57
I love tinos texture set

Hey Titia, can u add these two links to the useful texture links
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/texture/
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/alpha/

sapper
24-08-10, 07:05
Also, is there any way to animate objects in blender and import to tr?

I mean, blender can export 3ds files and I saw a way to import 3ds files :cln:

I think Blender can only export geometry to 3DS, not the animations.

I am trying to write an exporter for Blender 2.49 that exports animations to the TRW format you can import in wadmerger and have had some limited success for simple anims.

You need to use T4Larson's TRMVB import script for Blender to get the moveable into Blender with the correct orientations.

Some animations are not the same in the TRW as in Blender though at the moment so it looks like some techniques cannot be used.

See my posts in this thread. (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=150541)

BTW Symsi. I have found one way in Blender 2.49 to mirror an animation frame by frame without swapping bones so there must be something similar in 3DS studio. Look for an option to copy pose and an option to paste flipped pose.

Uzi master
24-08-10, 08:37
fixed it, that was a waste of an explination... :p

Titak
24-08-10, 10:09
Hey Titia, can u add these two links to the useful texture links
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/texture/
http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/downloadcenter/alpha/
Done. :D

Sakkemix
24-08-10, 13:49
I always set it to English-UK.
Would that make a difference?

Did the settings actually stick?

Yes the settings stick, but it still does that reverting :mad: ..... I tried with both English-USA and English-UK, no difference.. I also tried to press the dot and numbers on the numpad, no difference either. :(

Titak
24-08-10, 14:16
No idea then... :o
Another Meta version perhaps?

TheLostValley
24-08-10, 17:51
Hi!

I'm steadily on my way to 15973,98973211 posts LOL!

Member since 2006 and only 31 posts, gotta be a record! :D

Yes I had a question too...is it possible to export/import rooms from a project file to another?

can't find a option in the editor.

Take care.

Killercowz
24-08-10, 22:24
Does anyone know how to remove a death trigger?

EDIT: never mind. In a flipped room it disappears anyway. :p

Ward Dragon
24-08-10, 22:30
Does anyone know how to remove a death trigger?

Do you mean a green square? I think if you click on the square in the map and then click the death tile again it should turn off :) Or if it's an actual trigger you can click the square on the 2D map until the trigger is selected and then press delete on the keyboard. I hope it was that simple to fix :o

Killercowz
24-08-10, 22:35
Do you mean a green square? I think if you click on the square in the map and then click the death tile again it should turn off :) Or if it's an actual trigger you can click the square on the 2D map until the trigger is selected and then press delete on the keyboard. I hope it was that simple to fix :o

Oh thanks! :D

Titak
25-08-10, 09:43
Yes I had a question too...is it possible to export/import rooms from a project file to another?

can't find a option in the editor.

Take care.Can't do it with the editor.
But I remember a program that could do something like that?
PRJ Merger or something? (sorry, can't remember exactly... :o)
Works only with TRLE projects, not with ones made with NGLE/TRNG.

One thing I tend to do is copy the rooms one by one and pasting them in the other project.
But that means a lot of going back and forth between two projects since you can only copy one room at the time.

Gerty
25-08-10, 09:50

I got this from D jackson but haven't tried it myself yet.

Yes. Open "prjAA", delete any doors and floor markers such as triggers in the room in question, then select its whole floor in the 2D map and click on the Cut button. Do not close the Editor, just load "prjBB", select an empty room (ideally of the same dimensions and height as the one you want to copy), and click the Paste button. Texture flags (but not the textures themselves, obviously) and ambient lighting are carried over from one project to the other, everything else has to be redone manually.

Note: You don't need PRJMerge for this, especially if it's only about a single room or two.

Titak
25-08-10, 09:56
Ah, PRJMerge is it. :o

The copy and paste thing is also what I use when copying only a couple of rooms from one prj to another. :D
Well, actually, I don't use the Cut button for it.
I use the Windows commands of Ctrl C for copying, then Ctrl V for pasting.

TheLostValley
25-08-10, 11:07
Cheers guys!

Things in LE tend to get alittle disorganized when creativity flows. Hence having dozens of project files with 2-4 rooms each. :D

TheLostValley
26-08-10, 16:32
Hi.

I'm in trouble again. I'm trying out downloaded texture sets and wads. Some texturesets just crash the roomeditor .
Some wads load normally and display the object in the editor correctly. But when I try out the game some objects don't animate. I only see Lara's butt floating in the air.

Thx.

mudkip25
26-08-10, 23:40
You have to use the same .was with the same .tom

For example:

Tut1.was + Tut1.tom = Working! :D

Tut1.was + Karnak.tom = Butts Galore

Karnak.was + Karnak.tom = Working! :D

Richard_trle
27-08-10, 03:52
I need help, people are dying, my dog is starving, my city is in chaos all of this is happening because Lara's scream is NOT WORKING!!! no mater what I do! :hea:

HALP

KurtisandLara
27-08-10, 04:35
Lol thats a...nice way of putting it...Go to wadmerger and select Sound Manager. From there search for the Lara Scream sound and so if it has a tick in the box next to it. If it doesn't then tick it and save changes, if it does though then we'll have to wait for someone with alittle more knowledge to help you :D.

Uzi master
27-08-10, 04:48
Lol thats a...nice way of putting it...Go to wadmerger and select Sound Manager. From there search for the Lara Scream sound and so if it has a tick in the box next to it. If it doesn't then tick it and save changes, if it does though then we'll have to wait for someone with alittle more knowledge to help you :D.

the sound manageris very finicky, you need to add the sounds every time you edit the wad, the best way is to go to the sounds folder then to LevelSFX Creator, double click the BAT file, and next time you compile you're wad the sounds should work correctly (you can also permamently add sounds with sounds.txt, but you probably knew that)

Richard_trle
27-08-10, 04:52
I'm not talkin about sound, I'm talking about the object, LARA_SCREAM

it does not work, if I shoot bullets she do not change her face

Uzi master
27-08-10, 05:02
well, not sure why that would happen but , her lips not clenching when she shoots doesn't seem that noticable:p

Richard_trle
27-08-10, 05:08
when does the lara scream takes effect? where in the hell it is declared in the wad or engine that the head's mesh should be changed?

Titak
27-08-10, 10:28
It should work when you have the actual LARA_SCREAM object in your wad.
The engine does the rest: swap Lara's normal head with the scream head when she is firing a gun.

Do make sure that the scream-head mesh is indeed different from Lara's regular head. Like, it has an angry expression with mouth opened slightly, with clenched teeth, that sor to fo thing.

If you are using TRNG, also check that you'r not using Customize=CUST_DISABLE_SCREAMING_HEAD in the script somewhere.
Because this disables the swapping of Lara's head with the scream head.

Hi.

I'm in trouble again. I'm trying out downloaded texture sets and wads. Some texturesets just crash the roomeditor .
Some wads load normally and display the object in the editor correctly. But when I try out the game some objects don't animate. I only see Lara's butt floating in the air.

Thx.You have to copy the downloaded objects into your levelwad first.
See also Mudkip's post at the top of this page, about how you have to stick to the same wad and the corresponding tom.
You can't load your prj, load the wad for it, then load another wad, place object from that wad, then load yet another wad and place objects from that and then output with a non-corresponding .tom.

Richard_trle
27-08-10, 15:28
Customize= CUST_DISABLE_SCREAMING_HEAD

it was in the Title section

Titak
27-08-10, 16:37
Ah, so I take it it is solved now?
That the screamhead does appear now? :D

Richard_trle
27-08-10, 18:35
yeh, thanks Titia!!!!

:hug:

Titak
27-08-10, 20:49
Good for you! :tmb:

jocb17
27-08-10, 21:38
Has anyone had problems with the guide starting out with a lit torch and the torch hand meshswap? I didn't think it was possible to have the guide start like that but all of a sudden my guide has. It starts with a lit torch and then goes down and picks up the unlit one and lights it :confused: It also refuses to perform some tasks (specifically the activate trap move) but it will still do other things (like light torches and read inscriptions).
The most confusing part is that the guide used to work perfectly fine... At first I thought the problems had to do with too many other nullmeshes (because that was the only major thing I had changed in the map) but after removing all other nullmeshes, it's still not working. Any ideas?

Symsi
28-08-10, 17:16
^ Sry, I'm not your help unfortunately. Only replying to Sapper. :whi:

BTW Symsi. I have found one way in Blender 2.49 to mirror an animation frame by frame without swapping bones so there must be something similar in 3DS studio. Look for an option to copy pose and an option to paste flipped pose.

Aye that's great, was experimenting with Blender lately because 3D Studio Max is a bit toooo expensive. http://www.cosgan.de/images/midi/konfus/e035.gif

Thank you for letting me know. =)

klona
28-08-10, 21:37
Here is a question i have been thinking for a while now, are we able to create our own effects? like slow motion moments or something like that in TRLE or NGLE or TREP? :confused: :)

Titak
28-08-10, 22:18
A kind of slowmotion effect is possible with the Lara (Physics) flipeffects in TRNG.
Another way to get a slowmotion effect is to slow down an animation and perhaps trigger it with the Lara (animation) Force animation flipeffect. (if you copied the slowed down animation into a new slot to avoid Lara being slow all the time when she does the original animation)

klona
28-08-10, 22:23
A kind of slowmotion effect is possible with the Lara (Physics) flipeffects in TRNG.
Another way to get a slowmotion effect is to slow down an animation and perhaps trigger it with the Lara (animation) Force animation flipeffect. (if you copied the slowed down animation into a new slot to avoid Lara being slow all the time when she does the original animation)
The trick i'm making is the laser comes out of a really really dark area and i want that effect to happen in that block, will the laser become slow too? :confused:

Scurvy
31-08-10, 09:11
On strpix, how do you get rid of unwanted textures?

Ward Dragon
31-08-10, 19:48

I think you have to use wadmerger for that but I don't know how :o All I know how to do in Strpx is export a texture as a bmp, edit the bmp in another program so it's the texture I want, and then import it again into Strpx to overwrite the texture that was there before. I don't know if this is what you are trying to do though.

KurtisandLara
31-08-10, 20:24

When you have abunch of textures in strpix and you finish your object and save it, all the textures that were never used and are not on an object, will be deleted.

Titak
31-08-10, 21:02
The trick i'm making is the laser comes out of a really really dark area and i want that effect to happen in that block, will the laser become slow too? :confused:No, because the flipeffect I mentioned only applies to Lara.

Scurvy
01-09-10, 14:25
Meta isn't opening dfx but other files work :confused:

Any solutions?

Titak
01-09-10, 15:50
Might be the version you are using.
Which version are you using?

And what does "isn't opening dxf files" mean exactly?
Do you get some errormessage when trying to open dxf files?

Scurvy
01-09-10, 16:47
Im using MetasequoiaLE R2.4
And i mean that an error shows up and closes the program,

This is the error,

???? 8D000009 ???? 8D000009 ?????????????

Either that or

'abnormal program termination'

Titak
01-09-10, 17:01
Hmmm... that's weird.
No idea what that message means.

How did you get that dxf?
Did you export it from STRPix?

Underhoe
01-09-10, 17:03
I might try it again...
http://i56.************/o94pw6.jpg
Yes, still that problem with strpix. The only difference that now the render
window isn't black...it's completely blank. Any guesses?
Without it, I can't build a level. :(

Titak
01-09-10, 17:07
My STRPix render window sometimes goes blank like that when I have STRPix opened and minimized while working with some other programs. It then goes blank when I maximize it again.
No idea why that happens, but it is back to normal when I close and re-open STRPix.

No idea what causes it in your case either... :(

Scurvy
01-09-10, 17:14
Hmmm... that's weird.
No idea what that message means.

How did you get that dxf?
Did you export it from STRPix?

Yes i exported it from strpix, it's so crazy that it can open other files but dxf :|
Well i guess i can't make objects then :\

Underhoe
01-09-10, 18:27
My STRPix render window sometimes goes blank like that when I have STRPix opened and minimized while working with some other programs. It then goes blank when I maximize it again.
No idea why that happens, but it is back to normal when I close and re-open STRPix.

That's a pity. So there isn't any solution for that problem.
I think it's time to say that I'm officially quit from the LE.
My only desire is to make a good level, but without strpix... I can't. :(

Peanut
01-09-10, 18:30

Yes same here, especially when I was working on texturing Lara's face after editing it, I used to open my edited PoYu's head in one Stripx window and PoYu's original head on another to reference the textures. ^_^

Titak
01-09-10, 18:40
That's a pity. So there isn't any solution for that problem.
I think it's time to say that I'm officially quit from the LE.
My only desire is to make a good level, but without strpix... I can't. :(Have you tried another version of STRPix?

Oh, Turbo Pascal is online here atm.
He released the sourcecode.
Maybe he knows what could cause this problem.

Turbo Pascal
01-09-10, 19:07
Most rendering problems in strpix3 are due to opengl drivers, or in another words, your videocard is maybe too modern; but if you have ptoblem with more 3d programs not just strpix3 then you should check for updating your video drivers.

Happily strpix3 can work in just software mode, so you can try to turn off hardware accelaration and try strpix3 in that way:

look here:

http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx

dont forget to turn on harware accelaration when you are done.

good luck.
tp.

Underhoe
01-09-10, 19:17
Have you tried another version of STRPix?

Yes, I have. The problem is here in every version of strpix.

Most rendering problems in strpix3 are due to opengl drivers, or in another words, your videocard is maybe too modern; but if you have ptoblem with more 3d programs not just strpix3 then you should check for updating your video drivers.

Happily strpix3 can work in just software mode, so you can try to turn off hardware accelaration and try strpix3 in that way:

look here:

http://www.deskshare.com/resources/articles/dmc_turnoffhardwareacceleration.aspx

dont forget to turn on harware accelaration when you are done.

good luck.
tp.

Thank you for the suggestion. The only problem that I have Windows 7. :o
Is anyone know where can I turn off the hardware acceleration with Win7?

TR-Freak
01-09-10, 19:37
http://npshare.de/files/b0e2e311/Unbenannt.png
Sry, german.

Underhoe
01-09-10, 19:46
^Oh, thank you!
By the way, is that normal that I can't click on it? :vlol::o

TR-Freak
01-09-10, 19:57
Admin Rights enabled?

Underhoe
01-09-10, 20:02
Admin Rights enabled?

Umm, I don't know where can I see it. :o I'm really stupid for Windows 7, sorry for that. :vlol:

Dustie
01-09-10, 20:47
You need to login using the administrator account in order to change those settings.

sEv_o6
02-09-10, 00:58
How Do I COnvert BIP files to TRW? I FOund some animations off the Net That are created with 3ds max but are in BIP files.

sapper
02-09-10, 02:21
Meta isn't opening dfx but other files work :confused:

Any solutions?

Use a different version of Meta. One Meta version had a buggy DXF importer.

How Do I COnvert BIP files to TRW? I FOund some animations off the Net That are created with 3ds max but are in BIP files.

Not easily. I've been looking at converting BVH files to TRW but there is lots to learn. Have to consider different coordinate systems (local & global), different number of bones in the armature, order of bones in the armature, structure of armature, rotation order, scale (for root translation) and so on.

Maybe can import BIP into 3DS max and then save as 3DS to import with TRViewer.

Richard_trle
02-09-10, 03:22
Yes i exported it from strpix, it's so crazy that it can open other files but dxf :|
Well i guess i can't make objects then :\

Scurvy, if you have a 64bit OS this problem relies on Metasequoia, as it doesn't work very well running under Windows 7 64bits

Downgrade Metasequoia to the 2.3 version, it works fine with win7 x64 :D

Underhoe
03-09-10, 15:36
You need to login using the administrator account in order to change those settings.

I am always logged on as an administrator.:confused:

Dustie
03-09-10, 19:50
I am always logged on as an administrator.:confused:

Then perhaps your card's driver or set-up does not allow switching off hardware acceleration...

It's pretty tricky with level editing programs as new systems and drivers are kicking in, I'm afraid there's not much one can do :(

FloTheMachine
03-09-10, 20:33
I was wondering would anyone be able to help.
I have a lot of trouble usually creating natural formations of the sort from geometry.
I'm currently making a Jungle Level called Salt Skin but I'm fine making structures. I have made lots of small little buildings but I'm not sure what else to do with Geometry.

Any help would be apreciated :)

Underhoe
03-09-10, 20:36
Then perhaps your card's driver or set-up does not allow switching off hardware acceleration...

This are pretty tricky with level editing programs as new systems and drivers are kicking in, I'm afraid there's not much one can do :(

Aww, that's a pity. :( ...but actually funny too. :vlol: There always a problem, damn... Meh! Who cares now. ): Thank you guys for the help anyway. :hug:

!Lara Croft!
05-09-10, 05:08
Is there a way of looping a piece of music to the motorbike like with the TR4 Jeep?

Titak
05-09-10, 09:09
You're not using TRNG are you?
Because with TRNG I can see a solution for that involving a GT which kicks in when Lara is using the motorbike. (with condition distance to object=0, then play track ***.wav)

anniversarytr11
06-09-10, 17:52
Wadmerger is getting on my ***s XD

everytime I try to load it up it comes up with this message...

Error loading skin! Some windows might look gray. Please chose another skine!

and i press ok and it keeps coming up and after pressing the ok on the popping up error message the program doesnt even load :(

God Horus
06-09-10, 19:01
Try deleting and redownloading WadMerger first.

anniversarytr11
06-09-10, 21:35
Try deleting and redownloading WadMerger first.

did that 5 times XD

ok its working now but when i load a WAD all the objects are invisible as well as the object names :confused:

klona
08-09-10, 13:54
Hi all, i'm having problems with baddies, i triggered them and they still don't move, and i made a Cold Water Room, the water isn't cold.
It used to work earlier... i know how to use these stuff. :hea:
I wonder whats the problem. :confused:

God Horus
10-09-10, 20:15
Ugh, I'm so stupid, what is the OCB for a flame emmiter, so instead of one big flame there are tiny little flames all over the square? :o I can't find it on Skribblerz!

Ward Dragon
10-09-10, 20:45
Ugh, I'm so stupid, what is the OCB for a flame emmiter, so instead of one big flame there are tiny little flames all over the square? :o I can't find it on Skribblerz!

I think that's flame_emitter3 without any codebits clicked, but I'm not 100% sure :o

Killercowz
10-09-10, 21:23
I think that's flame_emitter3 without any codebits clicked, but I'm not 100% sure :o

Yup! :D

Ward Dragon
10-09-10, 21:27
Yup! :D

Yay, I was right :D I used flame_emitter3 with some of the codebits clicked in order to make lightning so I wasn't completely sure what it looked like without the codebits :p

GameGlitcher77
12-09-10, 19:01
Any of you guys do beta-testing??? :confused:

TheLostValley
13-09-10, 16:21
Hello!

Is there anyway to kill enemies using rollingballs, spikes etc. only using the original tools within the editor?

Thx

Titak
13-09-10, 16:42
With the original TRLE?
No.

Only possible with TRNG (and perhaps TREP, I don't remember).

TheLostValley
13-09-10, 16:51
Ok. Thx!

I'll just settle with killing them the old fashioned way, a bullet into their pixelated head :D.

Not ready to learn to use the advanced way of building levels yet.

Cheers! :wve:

mudkip25
14-09-10, 04:05
Any of you guys do beta-testing??? :confused:

I do and I may know some others who do.

Btw, I do have a resume for Beta Testing and its authentic! :p

(I've done Btb 2010, Gonna do TR3 Remake, FMV test for God Horus, The Angel Within and some others just so you know that I'm not one of those people who like to play first.)

Titak
14-09-10, 08:42
Not ready to learn to use the advanced way of building levels yet.
That's the spirit! :tmb:
Better learn the basics first before moving on to the more complicated stuff with TREP or TRNG. :D

Ward Dragon
14-09-10, 08:46
That's the spirit! :tmb:
Better learn the basics first before moving on to the more complicated stuff with TREP or TRNG. :D

Definitely :D I started directly with TRNG because it's a much more stable program (the original level editor crashed every two minutes on my PC and I couldn't use it). I just wanted to say that even starting with TRNG, I was still able to go through the manual, do the tutorial, and learn the basics so if anyone is having trouble with the original editor crashing or whatnot, they shouldn't be afraid of trying out TRNG instead and just ignore the more complicated features until they are comfortable with the basics :)

TheLostValley
14-09-10, 13:08
Thx!

Yeah I believe in advancing gradually.

I wonder if there is anyway to organize the room list in the editor. I understand how to rename the rooms in the list, but it would be great to also get the list in an alphabetical order.

I found a solution which I thought to share. First I build as many empty rooms as I estimate to use for the level for example 20 18x18 rooms. Then I can select the appropriate room in the list when I want for example to have the sections of a 3 story high room lined up in the list correctly.

I hope I made sense. :vlol:
Take care.

egypt_gypsie
17-09-10, 16:31
I have a quick question.

When I try to open some levels in Level Manager, it says 'missing next generation dll, the games needs this to continue'

What do I do?

And the next gen thing is usually already in the folder...

aidanmalone
17-09-10, 17:46
Im currently using TRNG and its quite good, Ive worked my way through the manual and have been creating some good levels but i haven't got round to things like flipeffects or the text features. But is there any way that i can get rid of audio 107 as thats the default background music and it doesnt go well with my Croft Manor and Congo Levels? :confused:

mudkip25
18-09-10, 01:12
Im currently using TRNG and its quite good, Ive worked my way through the manual and have been creating some good levels but i haven't got round to things like flipeffects or the text features. But is there any way that i can get rid of audio 107 as thats the default background music and it doesnt go well with my Croft Manor and Congo Levels? :confused:

Change it to another one in the Script

Niveus
18-09-10, 09:30
Level= DATA\(whatever your level's called, of course),107

This number here is the number of the background audio. Simply change that number. :D

Titak
18-09-10, 09:37
I have a quick question.

When I try to open some levels in Level Manager, it says 'missing next generation dll, the games needs this to continue'

What do I do?

And the next gen thing is usually already in the folder...Don't use Level Manager.
Levels can often be played directly from the unzipped folder nowadays.
So no need to install the levels in the TRLE folder or use Level Manager.

aidanmalone
18-09-10, 12:35
Level= DATA\(whatever your level's called, of course),107

This number here is the number of the background audio. Simply change that number. :D

FloTheMachine
18-09-10, 15:50
Also if you download one of the older games from TRLE.net which consists of the bare essentials (data and audio) I just make an audio and data folder, copy and paste all essential things into the correct folders :)

However with TRLE games I get a sort of roaring flare thing. It's really annoying :(

Atlantisfreak
18-09-10, 16:43
Hello:)

I have quite the problem with the level editor on windows 7. The room editor is to big for the monitor so stuff like lighting and everything below is unclickable:/ Unfortunatley you can't drag the down the bar at the bottom of the screen like you could in XP (oh god, that look like a smiley:p). hope you understand what I'm saying cause my english isn't the best.
wish you all the best:)

HURLEYstickmen
18-09-10, 17:20

I have quite the problem with the level editor on windows 7. The room editor is to big for the monitor so stuff like lighting and everything below is unclickable:/ Unfortunatley you can't drag the down the bar at the bottom of the screen like you could in XP (oh god, that look like a smiley:p). hope you understand what I'm saying cause my english isn't the best.
I have exactly the same problem with my laptop on NGLE. :(

Atlantisfreak
18-09-10, 17:24
is there a way to fix it?O.O

Titak
18-09-10, 17:58
Increase the resolution of your monitor to at least 1024x786.

mudkip25
18-09-10, 18:05
^If you can't, plug in an external monitor or use a laptop that goes to that resolution.

TheLostValley
18-09-10, 19:19
Hi y'all!

I've been experiencing this weird "speeding up" of TRLE-games on my computer. The game runs like twice the speed.

either when I try out my own creations with trle or downloaded custom ones.

And my pc is not exactly this years build. I run win xp.

Often a reboot will solve this. Just wonder if anyone else encountered this amped up gameplay speed?

Thx!

Atlantisfreak
18-09-10, 19:33
Increase the resolution of your monitor to at least 1024x786.

Ok, how do I do that?

EDIT- the max resolution of my monitor is 1366 x 768

^If you can't, plug in an external monitor or use a laptop that goes to that resolution.

I use a laptop so I guess I'll have to plug my other computer screen to the laptop... M I right??

EDIT-- Ok now I'm plugged into the other bigger monitor, but now I rememberd that i uninstalled the level editor because there was somthing missing, so I'm downloading again to see if it works.

Mytly
18-09-10, 20:34

I have exactly the same problem with my laptop on NGLE. :(
You need to run the Level Editor in fullscreen mode - just press Alt + Enter. Of course, as Titak points out, your monitor's resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.

Atlantisfreak
18-09-10, 21:08
You need to run the Level Editor in fullscreen mode - just press Alt + Enter. Of course, as Titak points out, your monitor's resolution needs to be at least 1024x768.

OMG thank you so much!!!!! the alt + enter trick worked:hug::hug:

WCookie
18-09-10, 21:53
The sounds on my wad are ALL messed up and everytime I pick up an object a pushable moving sound can be heard, when Lara's on the tight rope she makes the sound of a valve being rotated, I'm trying to fix it with the SFX_Man thing from Skribblerz but it's so confusing, could anybody help me? :(

egypt_gypsie
18-09-10, 23:51
Don't use Level Manager.
Levels can often be played directly from the unzipped folder nowadays.
So no need to install the levels in the TRLE folder or use Level Manager.

Is there any way to save save games when you close the game? Without the level manager, if I exit a game, I lose all the save games....

thecentaur
19-09-10, 01:08
Hi all :wve:

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but my GeForce 7300 card is stopping me from enjoying level building in multiple ways.

I have learned that the hardware version that comes with my Vista, fresh out of the box, is that of 21-8-2006. This version is optimal for working with NGLE, but at the same time, it gives me this error in Strpix (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=168768).

Updating the to the most recent version of GeForce, the graphics card makes NGLE slower than frozen molasses travelling down a steep hill, yet at the same time, relieves Strpix of that dreaded error.

I've tried rolling back the driver version to the 2006 version, and 'updating' it to a 2008 version. Is there any confirmed driver that allows me to easily run both NGLE and Strpix?

Thanks, TC ^^

Titak
19-09-10, 09:36
Is there any way to save save games when you close the game? Without the level manager, if I exit a game, I lose all the save games....Save games are stored in the general TRLE folder.
So when you exit the game the savegames you made while playing are in the main TRLE folder.
You can copy these files to another folder for savekeeping untill you want to play this level again.

WCookie
19-09-10, 12:40
The sounds on my wad are ALL messed up and everytime I pick up an object a pushable moving sound can be heard, when Lara's on the tight rope she makes the sound of a valve being rotated, I'm trying to fix it with the SFX_Man thing from Skribblerz but it's so confusing, could anybody help me? :(

Anyone?
Also, is it possible to have a tightrope and a swing pole on the same level? :o

Titak
19-09-10, 13:14
Also, is it possible to have a tightrope and a swing pole on the same level? :o
If you are using TRNG, then you can for sure.

Los Angeles
19-09-10, 13:37
Hi all :wve:

I'm sure this has already been discussed, but my GeForce 7300 card is stopping me from enjoying level building in multiple ways.

I have learned that the hardware version that comes with my Vista, fresh out of the box, is that of 21-8-2006. This version is optimal for working with NGLE, but at the same time, it gives me this error in Strpix (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=168768).

Updating the to the most recent version of GeForce, the graphics card makes NGLE slower than frozen molasses travelling down a steep hill, yet at the same time, relieves Strpix of that dreaded error.

I've tried rolling back the driver version to the 2006 version, and 'updating' it to a 2008 version. Is there any confirmed driver that allows me to easily run both NGLE and Strpix?

Thanks, TC ^^

OMG, I have totally the SAME problem... I'm also looking for a solution... :'( But also when I install the newest driver, Strpix will work fine, but tomb4.exe will say "Failed to setup Directx"

klona
19-09-10, 14:07
There are many remakes of the TR series, i wonder if anyone was up to make an AOD remake? :hug:
I've noticed that no one really was into that... :O
If anyone is going to, please tell me! :D :D :D

FloTheMachine
19-09-10, 14:30
CharlieSewell has uploaded a few... levels (loose term) onto TRLE.net. Play them but don't get your hopes up.

BrazillianCroft also made a Parisian backstreets remake :)

Soul
19-09-10, 15:16
I need help in Meta.
Whenever I selcted some vertices with the rect-button before all the vertices, that were in this rectangle where selected.
When I try to do this now only the visible ones get selected.

Same happens with the knife. If I wanted to cut a pillar into two parts I just pressed f1 and drew a straight line with the knife --> the was cut into two segments then.
When I try to do this now only half of the pillar (the half I see on the screen) is cut into two segments.

Does anybody have an idea what I might have changed in the options to have this problem?

TR-Freak
19-09-10, 15:35
In the top of the Meta Screen there is a button called "Fr" this should be OFF