PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Soul
19-09-10, 16:13
Thanks Jean!

TheLostValley
19-09-10, 19:26
Hello.

How can I set a flame_emitter2 to be triggered by a switch? I only manage to get the emitters to be triggered by having Lara stand on the designated tile which makes pulling the switch unnecessary...?:hea: maybe I'm just too tired for now and my brain don't function so well...eh..:D

Ward Dragon
20-09-10, 01:24
Hello.

How can I set a flame_emitter2 to be triggered by a switch? I only manage to get the emitters to be triggered by having Lara stand on the designated tile which makes pulling the switch unnecessary...?:hea: maybe I'm just too tired for now and my brain don't function so well...eh..:D

Did you remember to put a switch trigger for the switch on that tile? I haven't tried triggering flames with switches yet so maybe it works differently but that's my only guess right now :o

TheLostValley
20-09-10, 13:42
Did you remember to put a switch trigger for the switch on that tile? I haven't tried triggering flames with switches yet so maybe it works differently but that's my only guess right now :o

Thank you darling!

The correct formula was to add emitters as trigger types + a switch set to switch and a trigger for the switch set as a swicth...eyh?! Switching a switch to be triggered as a switch triggers the switch as a switch which triggers the triggers with the switch and not vice versa! :D :D :D Sorry for being completely silly. :cln:

tombraiderfrea
21-09-10, 01:00
Um... What do I put in the OCB for a finish trigger, if I want the next level to jump to the settomb level? :o

Uzi master
21-09-10, 01:12
Um... What do I put in the OCB for a finish trigger, if I want the next level to jump to the settomb level? :o

umm, it seems you don't have a good grasp of how levels work, settomb was the second level in the origional LE layout, but it's not permanitley like that, anyway I wont bore you with all teh details, the level position in the script equals the number, the title being 0, so if settomb is the second level you would put two.

tombraiderfrea
21-09-10, 01:37
Thank you. And, I have troubles with OCBs... :pi:
That is about it... I will catch on more as I go along though... :o

Uzi master
21-09-10, 03:41
I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a death animation to the mutant enimie from the citadel gate, any information about how to go about it would be nice:).

I know trep has options to make enimies mortal but I don't know how to make it so he will actually play the death animation, like what state ID's and changes I would need to use.

Compass
22-09-10, 14:25
How do I get a raising block raised when I have to push a pushable block on a specifiek square?

Titak
22-09-10, 14:41
Put a heavytrigger for the raising block on the square where the pushable is supposed to be pushed onto.

Ward Dragon
22-09-10, 15:17
I'm wondering if it would be possible to add a death animation to the mutant enimie from the citadel gate, any information about how to go about it would be nice:).

I know trep has options to make enimies mortal but I don't know how to make it so he will actually play the death animation, like what state ID's and changes I would need to use.

Add a script entry:

Customize=CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION, enemy slot, animation number
Enemy= enemy slot, custom amount of health, NEF_HIT_BLOOD + NEF_SET_AS_MORTAL, IGNORE, IGNORE

Then go into Wadmerger and edit the death animation (I suck at making animations so I can't give much more advice than that). Make sure you go to EditAnimCommands and add "Die" to the death animation.

Sgt BOMBULOUS
22-09-10, 16:31
Can you import foreign objects? I had this idea of doing a wacky level based around the burger guy. The end artifact would of course be... A giant burger. I was wondering if that's at all feasible. Can you also add textures from an outside source? Wasn't sure if it's just limited to the TR textures or not.

Titak
22-09-10, 16:35
Textures for the level can be added to the TGA. They can be max 256x256 which is the largest size that can be applied to a roomeditor tile.

Objects (are in the wad files) can also be edited and can be given whatever textures you want, but there's also the limit of 256x256 per texture.

You could make Lara look like the burger guy but that will be quite a task to accomplish.
And if you dn't want him to move like Lara (feminine moves) you would have to edit the animations as well. But that would be hell to do...

So, you're idea is possible but it will take a lot of time to accomplish.

TheLostValley
22-09-10, 17:10
Aw dang this strange speed issue is driving me insane(r)! :hea:

As I play custom levels or try out my own levels (trle) the game suddenly speeds up and everything runs maddening fast.

Is the cpu of my comp having it's pre-breakdown spasms?!

Sorry for whining, but can't find an answer...

Uzi master
22-09-10, 18:41
Add a script entry:

Customize=CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION, enemy slot, animation number
Enemy= enemy slot, custom amount of health, NEF_HIT_BLOOD + NEF_SET_AS_MORTAL, IGNORE, IGNORE

Then go into Wadmerger and edit the death animation (I suck at making animations so I can't give much more advice than that). Make sure you go to EditAnimCommands and add "Die" to the death animation.

I'm actually useing TREP, but I forgot about he scripting, I'll just check the reference for ESSE, thanks anyway:)

Ward Dragon
22-09-10, 20:26
I'm actually useing TREP, but I forgot about he scripting, I'll just check the reference for ESSE, thanks anyway:)

Oh sorry, I forgot which section I was in (thought I was in the TRNG section). In any case, good luck finding the scripting that you need :)

mudkip25
23-09-10, 03:29
Can you import foreign objects? I had this idea of doing a wacky level based around the burger guy. The end artifact would of course be... A giant burger. I was wondering if that's at all feasible. Can you also add textures from an outside source? Wasn't sure if it's just limited to the TR textures or not.

These may help you:
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1469
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1897 (Don't mind the spam that someone posted as a report...)

Titak
23-09-10, 13:47
^
In that second link:
My goodness! Can't crap like that be removed? Sounds like a spambot swooped in and dropped its garbage...

mudkip25
23-09-10, 13:53
It seems I should tell Michiel, ChatBot or Illyaine about this.

Titak
23-09-10, 14:31
Good idea! :tmb:

stinger
24-09-10, 16:55
Ok hey people,
(Using NGLE + TREP)
I used map converter 2 and made my textures 128 x128
The problem is that when I am applying the textures there is one line of 1 part of textures next the next line is a completely different texture and the third line is part 2 of the first texture. Is that supposed to happen?
EG

-------------- (First line of a part 1 of textures)

oooooooooooo (Completely different textures)

-------------- (Second line of the 2 part of textures)
--------------

oooooooooooo(Completely different part 2 texture)
oooooooooooo

When I use a a set of textures I want there end up have the bottom texture having (EG) ooooooooooooooooo (Not what the texture looks like just exapmle)
EG.
On NGLE
I use

------------------

------------------
------------------

But in the game it shows up as

------0-----0-----

ooooooo---0----

Any help please?
Thanks in advance :)

Titak
24-09-10, 17:09
Is that supposed to happen?
Yes, that's what happens when you use the MapConverter.

The only way to get the correct order again (so you can use 256x256 textures if needed) is to rearrange the texturetiles manualy in some paint/drawingprogram.
If you are not planning to use 256x256 textures, then you might as well leave the converted TGA as it is.

stinger
24-09-10, 19:10
Yes, that's what happens when you use the MapConverter.

The only way to get the correct order again (so you can use 256x256 textures if needed) is to rearrange the texturetiles manualy in some paint/drawingprogram.
If you are not planning to use 256x256 textures, then you might as well leave the converted TGA as it is.

OK, so if i rearrange them how can I use 256 x 256 textures if I converted it to 128 x 128? I don't mind what I do the textures as along I gets the best quality outcome! So in my case Ill just leave them as 128 x 128? :O
Thanks for answering Titak! :)

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:19
^
In that second link:
My goodness! Can't crap like that be removed? Sounds like a spambot swooped in and dropped its garbage...

:eek:

stinger
24-09-10, 19:24
Delete this post please!

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:27
:eek: Whenever I go onto an object page on TRsearch that explicit content appears again :(

stinger
24-09-10, 19:47
:eek: Whenever I go onto an object page on TRsearch that explicit content appears again :(

What explicit content?
Can you give me a link please?
No I'm not a weird I just want to see what do you mean by it :O

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:47
Refer to the previous page.

GameGlitcher77
24-09-10, 19:49
Hey guys I need some serious animation help for the objects in my levels: :( :hea:

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:51
I could try and export the animations from TR1 for you if you'd like..?

stinger
24-09-10, 19:52
Refer to the previous page.

Delete this post please.

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:53
It has nothing to do with the object. Did you not read it..?

Okay fair deus. I take it back about it being explicit but it's inappropriate all the same.

stinger
24-09-10, 19:57
It has nothing to do with the object. Did you not read it..?

Okay fair deus. I take it back about it being explicit but it's inappropriate all the same.
OHH! That thing crap Sorry :O

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 19:59
...? Did you not see the thing below the object box?

Titak
24-09-10, 20:00
Aww thats a bit harsh :(
As I am guessing the author did a lot of work on that beefburger.
Not shouting or saying anything at you but I didn't like that comment :/
I know I know, people are gonna go crazy at me but I don't mean any offense or flame. or anything like that.

Or I have even got the whole thing wrong and you weren't talking about his creation, if so I do apologize!
:oI wasn't talking about that burgercar creation. I would never say somethign liek that about an object. Aks people around here, they know I don't do things like that.
I was talking about the garbage posted as comments on the profile of that object. That is quite obviously done by some spambot.
Read back before you judge please.
I didn't start that post with a ^ for nothing. It means I was answering to the post before mine, which was a reaction to another post with the link to the object.
If you click on that link you'll see those weird comments.

So yes, you did get the whole thing wrong. :p

stinger
24-09-10, 20:02
I wasn't talking about that burgercar creation. I would never say somethign liek that about an object. Aks people around here, they know I don't do things like that.
I was talking about the garbage posted as comments on the profile of that object. That is quite obviously done by some spambot.
Read back before you judge please.
I didn't start that post with a ^ for nothing. It means I was answering to the post before mine, which was a reaction to another post with the link to the object.
If you click on that link you'll see those weird comments.

So yes, you did get the whoel thing wrong.

Great.....
Aww man sorry people.
I just feel like logging of.........
Made a fool of myself........
Can you delete my posts please....
:(

FloTheMachine
24-09-10, 20:04
There's no point really. :) It'll seem like we're talking to no one :vlol:
It's allright you're new to the forum. I was making mistakes left right and centre when I started :o

Titak
24-09-10, 21:51
Great.....
Aww man sorry people.
I just feel like logging of.........
Made a fool of myself........
Can you delete my posts please....
:(It's okay. Don't worry about it.
Things like this can happen. :hug:

stinger
25-09-10, 08:59
It's okay. Don't worry about it.
Things like this can happen. :hug:

There's no point really. It'll seem like we're talking to no one
It's allright you're new to the forum. I was making mistakes left right and centre when I started

Thanks guys, i was really feeling like an idiot. :)

FloTheMachine
26-09-10, 18:40
I have a question. I have a lot of trouble making outdoor areas, making them seem natural and big etc. Does anyone know any tips to help..?

KurtisandLara
26-09-10, 18:49
I have a question. I have a lot of trouble making outdoor areas, making them seem natural and big etc. Does anyone know any tips to help..?

Is your level night or day? If its night i LOVE putting torches in places that a quite dark like against pillars because it really adds contrast. Then put a very small light bulb against the torch and make it orange lighting not to intense.
Fog is great to! Even at day time but i suggest if you add fog to make it alittle rainy to :D it doesn't have to be a hard rain it can be a light jungle rain or something.
Make sure you have the outside button on to!
As far as gameplay make use of the environment, lots of ledges and maybe some swingpoles here and there. It would look nice! Not to mention you could have ALOT of good and challenging jumps :tmb:!
And objects, go for good looking plants :) Depending on where your level is set (jungle? Manor? Where :D?), I once thought of an outdoor area (probably greek?) and i had small building all around this area and it was underground but you could see the sky through a giant hole at the top! It was fun ^^.
Anyways you get the idea :P.

FloTheMachine
26-09-10, 18:54
Well basically: Greek sort of islands. With lara starting on one of the islands and having to make her way into a sunken temple :D

Thanks for the help :D

Scurvy
27-09-10, 08:57
What's the magenta colour levels?

ukraider
27-09-10, 11:40
what's the magenta colour levels?

Red = 255 Green = 0 Blue = 255 :)

Scurvy
27-09-10, 17:21

Yuni
28-09-10, 15:00
:wve:
Can somebody know how can i disable the straight jump
(action=+arrow jump next to the wall)?.I mean like it was in TR Search HQ - Emergency!

Atlantisfreak
01-10-10, 16:42
Ok, so I have this problem with the horizon in my level. It's a sunset horizon I downloaded in a hq horizon-pack from trsearch. I have Horizon= ENABLED in the script but I had to add it manualy since there is no horizon in catacombs level map so I wonder, can u only have horizons in levels that allready have them? probably not, and if that's the case, then what do I have to do? I have textured the area where I want it to show but it still doesn't work.

Help asap please!

Matie
01-10-10, 16:48
Ok, so I have this problem with the horizon in my level. It's a sunset horizon I downloaded in a hq horizon-pack from trsearch. I have Horizon= ENABLED in the script but I had to add it manualy since there is no horizon in catacombs level map so I wonder, can u only have horizons in levels that allready have them? probably not, and if that's the case, then what do I have to do? I have textured the area where I want it to show but it still doesn't work.

Help asap please!

You can have horizons in any wads, it's not a problem if the wad didn't have one before.
Make sure you set the room as outside (next to the room's name there's an O button, click that) and texture the ceiling/wall tiles you want the horizon to be seen with the first (black) colour on the colour palette.

Atlantisfreak
01-10-10, 17:18
You can have horizons in any wads, it's not a problem if the wad didn't have one before.
Make sure you set the room as outside (next to the room's name there's an O button, click that) and texture the ceiling/wall tiles you want the horizon to be seen with the first (black) colour on the colour palette.

I fixed it by copying my wad over tut1 and then I saved over the tut1 map and it worked:p I didn't even have to press the O button? Normal or weird?

Matie
01-10-10, 17:31
I fixed it by copying my wad over tut1 and then I saved over the tut1 map and it worked:p I didn't even have to press the O button? Normal or weird?

Good!:)
It's normal, because you've used transparent textures I assume. I'm not sure if it causes any problems (flickering horizon, perhaps?)..

Atlantisfreak
01-10-10, 17:42
Ah, good:D It doesn't flicker from what I can see of it... And I have finally made a room!:D

FloTheMachine
01-10-10, 22:03
:wve:
Can somebody know how can i disable the straight jump
(action=+arrow jump next to the wall)?.I mean like it was in TR Search HQ - Emergency!

I'm guessing it will need some pretty heavy editing through TREP. :( Sorry I can't be of help as of the practical side. As I don't have the foggiest :D

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 18:58
What do I have to do to make Lara see further? add something in the script?

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 18:58
Do you mean increasing the landscape distance..? TREP has a function that lets you do that :)

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 18:59
Yes:) I use NGLE. Is there a way?

Uzi master
02-10-10, 19:02
are you using TREP or TRNG?

both can use NGLE, but thats the editor not the engine.

are you using the next gen TOMB4.exe or are you using a patched trep TOMB4.exe

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 19:06
In that case i use TRNG cause I don't have trep

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:09
It's easy to download TREP anyway :D ;)

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 19:10
but doesn't trep have less functions than trng?

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:12
There's no point anyway if you're using TRNG :) Just my pointless statements ;)

Uzi master
02-10-10, 19:12
allright, (the NG engine has an icon of laras face on a blue circle, just so you know)

pretty sure you have to enter this:

set_world_farveiw= 127

and you'll see quite a ways away, but I don't use TRNG myself at the moment, so it's probably slightlyy different.

and TREP has different fuctions, some more some less, overall it is simpler. though TRNG does have some interesting things.

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 19:13
oh, ok then:D I'll try right now:)

EDIT- It doesn't work:( there must be something else that's wrong since the textures disapear:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4931/problemy.png

what could the problem be? it obviously isn't the farview problem???

Uzi master
02-10-10, 19:14
you missed my previouse post;)

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:15
:rolleyes:

:p

Titak
02-10-10, 19:19
set_world_farveiw= 127
It has to be WorldFarView= 127

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:21
A little question now I'm on this thread: As you know TR2 textures have to be pretty low-res to show up in game. High-Res textures simply appear as white in game in TR2.

Does anyone know any guidelines to go by for making textures for TR2..? :)

Titak
02-10-10, 19:23
You mean for the unofficial editor using the TR2 engine?
(If so, then this is the wrong thread for it :o)

No idea.

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:25
I thought for texture creation... :(

:vlol: I've managed to make a lava texture from the previous water textures... and a ladder one but they look horrendously low res :(

mudkip25
02-10-10, 19:28
Make it 64x64 (I know that Core used 32x32 in someparts of their levels.)

Atlantisfreak
02-10-10, 19:30
you missed my previouse post;)

you must have posted while i edited mine:

oh, ok then:D I'll try right now:)

EDIT- It doesn't work:( there must be something else that's wrong since the textures disapear:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/4931/problemy.png

what could the problem be? it obviously isn't the farview problem???

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:34
Make it 64x64 (I know that Core used 32x32 in someparts of their levels.)

The thing is though I have only Paint on my computer and it doesn't open TGA's. :( Anyone know how I can..? Or another program that can..?

Ward Dragon
02-10-10, 19:37
The thing is though I have only Paint on my computer and it doesn't open TGA's. :( Anyone know how I can..? Or another program that can..?

Paint.net (http://www.getpaint.net/) is free and handles most image types :)

Uzi master
02-10-10, 19:39
open it it T-builder then save in.bmp format,

also I think there was a program that could open compilede TR2 levels and replace textures with ones up to 256 by 256, so if you wanted you could use place holder low res textures and when you're done the level could make all teh textures HQ, if anyone could find the program I dont know that much about it.

FloTheMachine
02-10-10, 19:39
Thank you :hug:

EDIT***

Paint is amazing thanks :)

Titak
02-10-10, 20:44
@ Atlantisfreak:
You need to stack and connect more rooms.
Looks like Lara is looking into another room with the transparancy texture applied but there is no connection between the room above Lara and the one she sees the horizon through.
This effect is also present in some of the original games but it can be fixed easily.

leglion
02-10-10, 20:50
what if I wanted to make a game with the blender game engine, would I post the development thread in here?

Titak
02-10-10, 21:00
Blender Game Engine?
Sounds like that is something totally different from the TRLE, so this thread, or this forum section for that matter, won't be the place for it then.

leglion
02-10-10, 21:44
Blender Game Engine?
Sounds like that is something totally different from the TRLE, so this thread, or this forum section for that matter, won't be the place for it then.

so i just can't have a thread on it? could it fit in the art section?

Titak
02-10-10, 22:04
Not sure really.
You haven't given much detail yet.

People have been making threads about new engines and editors which would allow us to make more detailed Tomb Raider style games with before.

So, go ahead, make a thread about it in this section.
Then we can still decide if it is something suitable for the TRLE/modding section or the Fan Art section. :D

FloTheMachine
03-10-10, 16:11
Another question. I have a real problem with geometry, as in landscaping in natural environments. Any tips?

Titak
03-10-10, 16:27
Breaking the tiles up into triangles can really help to make an environment look more organic and natural.
Avoid straight angles as much as possible.
Put walls and slopes (on both ceiling and floor) in such a way that a room does not look boxy anymore.

Scurvy
03-10-10, 18:59
Could someone give me the old meta before 23 please and thank you :D
I couldn't find it without trusting the websites :p

leglion
03-10-10, 22:52
can you export a Lara model obtained through trsearch.org to blender somehow?

FloTheMachine
04-10-10, 20:58
Can anyone give me a Meta download link. I've lost my program :(

And any good item tutorials to get started apart from the ones on Skribblerz..?

:D

I doubt it. They seemingly are two different game engines. Unless you somehow exported the model into a 3d modelling program, then make it into a format recognisable to blender. Then you'll have to re-animate Lara.

Which will be a lot of work :)

Titak
04-10-10, 21:10
Look for Meta on Lara's Levelbase (use the full name Metasequoia to search it) or google it to get to the Meta homepage.

We also have a couple of Meta tutorials right here.
Piega's lantern tut is quite good.
Check the INDEX thread in the tutorials section to find it.

sapper
05-10-10, 00:47

T4Larson made an importer for Blender 2.46 (?). Search this forum for Import/Export with Blender.

You have to use TRViewer on a TR4 file though, not a wad.

You export Lara Skin in TRViewer to trmvb format then import the trmvb into Blender. T4Larson's importer sets up the armature.

If you want to import Lara's anims like I did for the Blend file here
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4917803&postcount=28:

Import the Lara Skin trmvb in TRViewer over the Lara object and then export the Lara object to trmvb.

You will have to do something about the gaps between limbs though unless you use a TR3 Lara.

TRViewer can export objects to 3DS format too.

Also meta2tr can export objects from a TR4 file to Metasequoia format.
Maybe use a Metasequoia importer for Blender.

Use a translator on LarasLevelbase forum. There are some old good meta tutorials by I think miguel.
Also there are some Meta PDFs in German released, one by lm and one from someone else.

FloTheMachine
05-10-10, 17:30
Translator never works though. It messes up the English. :(

EDIT***

Thanks for the tutorial Titak. I found it :) I've done a few simple ones but now I'm making the lantern. Should I upload it to my TRsearch account when it's done :vlol:

leglion
05-10-10, 19:39
Can anyone give me a Meta download link. I've lost my program :(

:D

I doubt it. They seemingly are two different game engines. Unless you somehow exported the model into a 3d modelling program, then make it into a format recognisable to blender. Then you'll have to re-animate Lara.

Which will be a lot of work :)

blender is a modeling program and a game engine in one ;) that's just how much it rocks.
T4Larson made an importer for Blender 2.46 (?). Search this forum for Import/Export with Blender.

You have to use TRViewer on a TR4 file though, not a wad.

You export Lara Skin in TRViewer to trmvb format then import the trmvb into Blender. T4Larson's importer sets up the armature.

If you want to import Lara's anims like I did for the Blend file here
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=4917803&postcount=28:

Import the Lara Skin trmvb in TRViewer over the Lara object and then export the Lara object to trmvb.

You will have to do something about the gaps between limbs though unless you use a TR3 Lara.

TRViewer can export objects to 3DS format too.

Also meta2tr can export objects from a TR4 file to Metasequoia format.
Maybe use a Metasequoia importer for Blender.

Use a translator on LarasLevelbase forum. There are some old good meta tutorials by I think miguel.
Also there are some Meta PDFs in German released, one by lm and one from someone else.
thanks a lot! :D

sapper
06-10-10, 01:22
Translator never works though. It messes up the English. :(

Here are the links if anyone else is interested.
There are plenty of pics.

Lesson1 (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://laraslevelbase.org/forum/topic.asp%3FARCHIVE%3Dtrue%26TOPIC_ID%3D4219&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhheu9lRy4VWZKkL0cC6fo_NrcFeuA)
Lesson2 (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://laraslevelbase.org/forum/topic.asp%3FTOPIC_ID%3D4622&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhgW5viMGHGMXizcZv_ylLZX-jDSPQ)
Lesson3 (http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=de&tl=en&u=http://laraslevelbase.org/forum/topic.asp%3FTOPIC_ID%3D5851&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhj1vMNOB-h7N9gEiazRdTuW9mnAmA)

tombraiderxii
06-10-10, 04:56
I'm having major trouble with my level at the moment.. well more like the 1st library level I have (the same one with the stubborn heavy triggers that refuse to work)

I tried to add an object like a big book as a quest object, but when loading the WAD, it gave me notices that it failed to build some objects like Door_7 or something, but proceeded as normal when I built it. However, now when I output my WAD and try to run the level, it crashes. and gives me this every time.

Version=1.2.2.2
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage:Resumed crash in MainCycle()
Last directX error:
START_P1:1002AC47
END_P1:1006B09B
START_P2:1007B2C0
END_P2:1009D0F6
START_P3:100A58E7
END_P3:100D4172
START_P4:10006C77
END_P4:1000F338
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: missing Header NG in "TUT1.TR4" level file
WARNING: Probably the [LoadCamera=14966, 1764, 15555, 14486, 1977, 14728, 0] script command has wrong settings
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0xA
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x4090901
REGISTERS:
EAX=30
EBX=0
ECX=FF303030
EDX=FF30
ESI=0
EDI=80
EBP=2
EIP=4090901
ESP=2A7FF1C
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
00000001:Camera_Room
00000001:Camera_TargetRoom
0013FF4C:BaseSalvaStack1
0436FFB4:BaseSalvaStack2
0297FFB0:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaSceneMemory memory is full at 24.18 (Used 0x66CA4 bytes)
VetEditObjects memory is full at 22.86 (Used 0x600 bytes)
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.86 (Used 0xD284 bytes)
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.25 (Used 0x3C4 bytes)
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory is full at 4.50 (Used 0x24 bytes)
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
SaveGame_220_DatiMoveables memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreAttivaFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreFlagFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFlyCameras memory is full at 0.55 (Used 0x70 bytes)
VetByteFlyCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)
Ptr_MemBufferLivello memory is full at 44.27 (Used 0x871620 bytes)

Lara: x=68096 y=-1146 z=68096 StateId=3 NextId=3 AnimNow=34 Room=1

Stack=0x2A7FF1C pContesto=0x2A7FC50 pInfoEccezione=0x2A7FC34
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x2A7FF1C
STACK_TRACE:
0x1008ED82
0x436B76
0x1008E980
0x4491E0
0x10098D66
0x451FB3
0x451166
0x45EC81
0x475155
0x49E67C
0x49DF08
0x49E61D
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x13B12C
STACK_TRACE:
0x41005F
0x43004F
0x41005F
0x41005C
0x440020
0x45004D
0x410050
0x480054
0x49005C
0x460020
0x440041
0x430050
0x450052
0x450044
0x430028
0x430028
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48D323
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48CC6B
0x4368E5
0x48CACE
0x49F26B
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0x436B194
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

I have no idea what it means either, and my Load Coordinates are all 0, so I don't know how the numbers got there. I'm using TRNG by the way.

I have no idea how to fix this, and if this doesn't work, it's going to force me to crap 2 levels from the game. :( I got so much progress done with this level too! :mad:

KyleCroft
06-10-10, 05:57
Try deleting the book and the objects it says it can't load and see if that changes anything.

tombraiderxii
06-10-10, 06:09
some of the objects were Lara Objects, but I'll try that and see what happens. It's just that it stopped showing the error message.

EDIT: Yes, Thanks! The level's working again. I just replaced the Lara Objects and removed the book... now a ton of sounds are missing. >_< I don't know what to do now. I don't want to risk screwing up my WADs sounds now. :/

Titak
06-10-10, 08:51
You could start with a fresh wad (on of the original revised wads) and add all your custom objects to it.
Do copy the custom objects from the wads you downloaded otherwise the sounds might still get messed up when copying them from the wad you are having problems with now.

Why start a whole new wad?
Well, sometimes it is easier to start something from scratch again instead of trying to fix the problem. And soundproblems are notoriously hard to fix.

Uzi master
06-10-10, 22:24
if its sound problems you have to re-process the sounds manually from I beleive it was the batch file (or the other program, I just run both usually:p)

sounds tend to get screwed up when saving a wad, unless it has to do with custom sounds not being acknowledged, then I don't know why that would happen, as long as it's in the sound.txt

HURLEYstickmen
08-10-10, 19:18
Hello. :wve:
I want to know how to set up 2 different background audio tracks in my custom level,
and, it doesn't work when I try it. Any help here? thx. :)

God Horus
08-10-10, 19:28
You can't setup 2 different background tracks, you can have 1 ordinary background track playing then you can trigger another track which will loop so it will be similar to a background track.

HURLEYstickmen
08-10-10, 20:14
You can't setup 2 different background tracks, you can have 1 ordinary background track playing then you can trigger another track which will loop so it will be similar to a background track.
Well, since I'm using TRNG, I'll use a flipeffect trigger or something. :) Thanks anyway. :)
EDIT: I have another problem: I can't shoot the bats I've placed in my level. :confused:
What should I do?

Titak
08-10-10, 20:43
If you are using TRNG, then you better put your audio question in the TRNG section to avoid confusion and/or wrong answers. :p

But while we are here: you can trigger audio on two different channels (foreground channel 2 and background channel 1) in TRNG by using the appropriate Sound flipeffects. Make both Looping and voila, two tracks play at the same time. :D

tombraiderfrea
08-10-10, 23:41
Simple Sound Question.
I'm not getting the pistol fire and Uzi Fire Sound right... I have the sounds for them activated and they sound choppy in game for some reason... :o

HURLEYstickmen
09-10-10, 09:13
If you are using TRNG, then you better put your audio question in the TRNG section to avoid confusion and/or wrong answers. :p

But while we are here: you can trigger audio on two different channels (foreground channel 2 and background channel 1) in TRNG by using the appropriate Sound flipeffects. Make both Looping and voila, two tracks play at the same time. :D
Well, yes, I know that, but what about my bat problem? I can't aim at them, and
automatic targetting is on too. :confused: Please help fellow builder in need.

FloTheMachine
09-10-10, 16:11
Are you using TREP in your level..?

HURLEYstickmen
09-10-10, 16:28
Are you using TREP in your level..?
No, TRNG.

FloTheMachine
09-10-10, 16:29
Isn't there a setting in TRNG that makes you not target certain enemies..? Maybe there could be an error there..? :p

Soul
09-10-10, 16:35
I'm not sure if this has got something to do but as it only happens with these enemies there might be something wrong with them in wadmerger.

Do they have a collision?
Have you tried to delete them from the wad and get the back again afterwards?

Titak
09-10-10, 17:38
No, TRNG.And you are not using an Enemie= script command for the bat in the script of that level?

tombraider1703
10-10-10, 18:23
Whats the limit of vertices for laras head mesh?
i'm using TRNG...
atm the had has 946 vertices

E-tomb
10-10-10, 18:32
what are the OCB for spikes?

Titak
10-10-10, 18:36
Whats the limit of vertices for laras head mesh?
i'm using TRNG...
atm the had has 946 verticesTRNG can hold that even though it is a crazy amount of vertices for only a head... It does use resources you know...
STRPix can be a problem with this vertice count.

what are the OCB for spikes?
There is an OCB thread in our tutorials section.
You can find it in the INDEX thread there.

E-tomb
10-10-10, 18:43
and where should be this thread?

Scurvy
10-10-10, 18:47
I think this is what you want :D
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=80730

E-tomb
10-10-10, 18:59
yes thanks

Titak
10-10-10, 20:53
and where should be this thread?

There is an OCB thread in our tutorials section.
You can find it in the INDEX thread there.:p

FloTheMachine
10-10-10, 20:54
:whi: Hehe.

HURLEYstickmen
11-10-10, 14:11
And you are not using an Enemie= script command for the bat in the script of that level?
No.
I'm not sure if this has got something to do but as it only happens with these enemies there might be something wrong with them in wadmerger.

Do they have a collision?
Have you tried to delete them from the wad and get the back again afterwards?
Well, I tried using another one from another wad, but that didn' work... I can't aim at
them, which is what I'm trying to fix... They do attack me, and I lose health, so they
might have collision... I'll try the deleting method when I get home.

Still doesn't work!!!!!1!!!!111one!!! D: My computer hates me!!! :hea:

nowid50
11-10-10, 15:22
I didn't really know where to put that but anyway. After all that time out of TRLE, I feel all alone without my Lara. :(

So... I'm back =D Get ready for fully new stuffs soon ! :D

I'm just looking at the great stuffs that paolone has made while I was sleeping ! =D

!Lara Croft!
12-10-10, 06:47
Im setting up the music for my croft manor....or at least when i move into my new house next week....anyway....

Lara starts outside. I have an ambient track for outside and one for inside. How do i set it up so that if lara runs inside the inside track triggers then if she runs outside the outside track triggers?

Titak
12-10-10, 10:22
Two sets triggertiles.
One set, the one closest to the outside will trigger the outdoor track and the one more towards the indoor will trigger the indortrack.

If you are using TRNG, then you better put this question in the TRNG section also because there's some extra info you might need then.

Atlantisfreak
12-10-10, 20:32
I don't think my script is listening to me:p or it's just me failing to rename my level... I'd rather have the later one ^_^

This:
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7237/weird.png

and this:
http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/4229/weird2.png

On noes!!! what do I do! and yes I pressed save:p

EDIT- I'm going to bed now so I'll check answers when I wake up:)

matrix54
12-10-10, 21:27
did you press build? :p

mudkip25
12-10-10, 22:12
is "the Garden" in the strings? :p

trlestew
12-10-10, 22:25
It's located in the Program Files, that is your problem ;)

!Lara Croft!
13-10-10, 01:31
Two sets triggertiles.
One set, the one closest to the outside will trigger the outdoor track and the one more towards the indoor will trigger the indortrack.

If you are using TRNG, then you better put this question in the TRNG section also because there's some extra info you might need then.

Not TRNG. Tried the CD triggers in the doorways. They only work once and get all messed up when i run inside and outside repeatedly.

Also should the Scripted track be silent?

Atlantisfreak
13-10-10, 05:30
did you press build? :p

... no:p so i guess that is the problemxD

is "the Garden" in the strings? :p

Yes, it is ^_^but the above is pronably the problem:p

EDIT- yes! it now works:D quite easy to fix

Titak
13-10-10, 09:47
Not TRNG. Tried the CD triggers in the doorways. They only work once and get all messed up when i run inside and outside repeatedly.

Also should the Scripted track be silent?Make sure you use the audiotracks of 098.wav and up. Because these are the tracks that will naturally loop and they can be played again when triggered again.
(I always preferred using 105 and up.)

The scripted track should not be silent at all.
Just make sure that the scripted track is the one that should play where Lara is at the beginning of the level.
So if Lara starts outdoors, then the outdoortrack should be in the script.

TheLostValley
13-10-10, 12:06
Hi y'all!

I still use trle only with the tools and wads provided in the program itself.

I created a level using the tutorial level set and it works fine.

When I create a level using the tomb of seth level set everything works fine to the point that when Lara dies and the game needs to reload the level it crash instead.

I've used the correct TGA, object wad and have output the wad as settomb.TOM

:confused:

Thx for any advice

Cheers!

mudkip25
13-10-10, 12:55
Have your tried outputting again? That usually solves my problem when this happens. :)

TheLostValley
13-10-10, 13:41
Have your tried outputting again? That usually solves my problem when this happens. :)

Yes. I also tried to run tomb4.exe in compability mode for win98.

It doesn't hinder my building or testing of the level, but it wont do when/if I release it for others to play.

Thx anyway. I'm sure a solution will present itself soon enough. :D

Titak
13-10-10, 14:46
Could be the loadcamera coordinates.
These need to be adjusted in the script.

Go into the script.txt and ENABLE Flycheat.
(It is enabled by default so it might already be enabled in your case also)
Start the game and play your level.
At a spot which you think is suitable for the load screen, press F1 and 3 lines with numbers should appear in the upper left corner.
Take a screenshot or write down ALL the numbers including the , in between.
Open the script.txt (again) and find the line LoadCamera= in the "block" of text of the level.
Type in the numbers you have in the screenshot or which you wrote down.
Like: LoadCamera= 50554,-4132,46138,49383,-3454,46133,13
Convert the script.txt and english.txt to new script.dat and english.dat files like usual and place them in the TRLE main folder.

TheLostValley
13-10-10, 15:15
@Titak

Sorry, but was that script editing an answer to my issue?

And if, how do I convert the txt to scripts? Do I run the bat-file after editing?

Thx

Titak
13-10-10, 15:24
Yes and yes. :D

Or you can use the NG-Center that comes with TRNG to convert your scripts. Works also for the original TRLE as far as I know.
But running the bat file also works fine.
Been using it for years before I started using TRNG.
(Well, actually I didn't run the bat file... I did it all manually in DOS Prompt with the DOS commands...)

TheLostValley
13-10-10, 15:38
Yes and yes. :D

Or you can use the NG-Center that comes with TRNG to convert your scripts. Works also for the original TRLE as far as I know.
But running the bat file also works fine.
Been using it for years before I started using TRNG.
(Well, actually I didn't run the bat file... I did it all manually in DOS Prompt with the DOS commands...)

Well I'll be damned! excuse my language :D it worked.

Thx again. :hug:

Titak
13-10-10, 15:42
You're welcome.
Glad it is working now. :D

So, does that mean no more crash when Lara dies?

TheLostValley
13-10-10, 15:47
You're welcome.
Glad it is working now. :D

So, does that mean no more crash when Lara dies?

No more crash when Lara croaks. :D

Titak
13-10-10, 16:58
:tmb:

!Lara Croft!
13-10-10, 23:24
Make sure you use the audiotracks of 098.wav and up. Because these are the tracks that will naturally loop and they can be played again when triggered again.
(I always preferred using 105 and up.)

The scripted track should not be silent at all.
Just make sure that the scripted track is the one that should play where Lara is at the beginning of the level.
So if Lara starts outdoors, then the outdoortrack should be in the script.

I always use 98 and up....

Ill try putting the outddor track in the script...

tombraider1703
14-10-10, 16:14
How do you make animation 149, the spike death animation that looks so scary, also used in tr1 and 2 as far as i remember, work?
i'm using the two clicks high spikes from the .tut1 wad...

Titak
14-10-10, 16:48
^
It is played automatically when Lara falls into the spikes.

Uzi master
14-10-10, 16:54
^

well I know trep has the option, I'm pretty sure TRNG does, but in the origional TR 4 it only happened when a spike popped up while lara was standing.

tombraider1703
14-10-10, 17:28
^

hmm my lara odes another animation and i just saw one custom level in which she did the othe rone...

edit:
maybe it works if i make the spikes static and put soem invisible spikes with a pad trigger on the same square...

Uzi master
14-10-10, 18:00
be carful though, that will only work if the only way to reach them is to fall onto them. if you can at some point be able to run into them it would be weird if she were suddenly impaled on spikes that are already there :p

tombraider1703
14-10-10, 18:06
be carful though, that will only work if the only way to reach them is to fall onto them. if you can at some point be able to run into them it would be weird if she were suddenly impaled on spikes that are already there :p

somehow my method doesn't work at all...
even if the spikes pop out when she is on teh square she just dies as if she is set on fire...

Uzi master
14-10-10, 18:09
make sure your using the OCB that makes it pop up and stay out, otherwise I don't know.

tombraider1703
14-10-10, 18:11
make sure your using the OCB that makes it pop up and stay out, otherwise I don't know.

nevermind it was because i'm using the spikes from the tut1 wad which have to be placed on click above the floor when i placed them on the floor lara playes the correct animation...

TheLostValley
15-10-10, 07:23
A general question about trle performance.

Is the limitation in use of the amount of objects/triggers in the level and/or per room?

Cheers!

HURLEYstickmen
16-10-10, 14:09
No.

Well, I tried using another one from another wad, but that didn' work... I can't aim at
them, which is what I'm trying to fix... They do attack me, and I lose health, so they
might have collision... I'll try the deleting method when I get home.

Still doesn't work!!!!!1!!!!111one!!! D: My computer hates me!!! :hea:
I think I'll settle without bats... shame I can't get them to work... :(

Laras Dream
21-10-10, 14:28
http://i51.************/10zusyw.jpg

Yea, I've had this problem before with water. How to you fix it?

Titak
21-10-10, 14:38
That the sides of the water move along with the waves?

Make sure that:

The there is a solid wall underneath the ledge above the water
That the floor/walls underwater are textured with a texture other than the transparant ones for toggle-opacity doors or horizon.
The door (connection) to the waterroom does not cover the entire floor, but only the parts where the water surface are supposed to be.

These things can help fix/avoid the problem.

Laras Dream
21-10-10, 14:48
^ Thanks! The second one worked. :)

tombraider1703
21-10-10, 14:55
I know it's a stupid question but: I'm workign on a small sideproject when i have no ideas for the thread of life and i made a good progress and want to make a thread..
but i don't have the final outfit yet so i don't want to show screens with the old outfit and because of that i can only show one ingame screen and some editor screens and the story.
Should i make a thread with these and the story or should i wait for the final outfit?

Edit: Nevermind^^

-Roli-
23-10-10, 07:21
Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out what is the reasion why the next animations after the 103 (standing) animation can't work. I mean, more standing anims :)
The animations are freezed, the TRLE automatically playing them, but you can't control Lara. :confused: The freezing is stoppeable with the roll button.

So, my question is:

What is that blue line on the frame line? :)
http://i54.************/jjvk37.jpg

Because there is blue line under the 103 anim, but not on the other standing anims. :):confused:

Thank you! :hug:

Titak
23-10-10, 10:04
That blue indicates that a StateID change has been assigned to those frames.
So if you now have a much longer animation 103, then you will have to change the number of the High Frame of each and every StateID change in the State Change Editor in Animation Editor.
It is the 1->2 button which brings up the State Change Editor.
The High Frame number should be the number of the last frame of your new animation 103.

Compass
23-10-10, 11:03
Two questions!

How do I make secrets?

How do I add a end trigger so I finish the level, and get the statics shown in screen!

(I'm using NGLE but it are some basic questions I hope it doesn't make a big difference!)

Titak
23-10-10, 11:16
1. Secret
Place the pickup that is supposed to be the secret and place a pickuptrigger underneath it.
On the same square place a regular trigger for SECRET and in the timer field you enter the number of the secret.
If you only have one secret in the level, it should be number 1. If it is the second secret that Lara can find you enter number 2, etc.
Then one the same tile you place a flipeffect trigger to play the 005.wav secret sound (or whatever sound you want to play as secret sound).

2. Finish
Place a trigger for FINISH.
Enter the number of the next level in the timer field or enter 99 if you want to go back to the Main Menu (end of the game).
This won't show any statistics though. I don't even know if that is possible... perhaps with some TRNG feature?

Compass
23-10-10, 11:29

-Roli-
23-10-10, 11:41
That blue indicates that a StateID change has been assigned to those frames.
So if you now have a much longer animation 103, then you will have to change the number of the High Frame of each and every StateID change in the State Change Editor in Animation Editor.
It is the 1->2 button which brings up the State Change Editor.
The High Frame number should be the number of the last frame of your new animation 103.

Thank you so much (again), you saved my life twice a week :jmp: :hug:

Going to testing, then reporting :)

Edit: WORKING :yik:!!! Titia, you absolutely made my day :D
Those standing anims won't work for me almost 1 year, and now its working! :O :D :hug:

Compass
23-10-10, 14:28
1. Secret
Place the pickup that is supposed to be the secret and place a pickuptrigger underneath it.
On the same square place a regular trigger for SECRET and in the timer field you enter the number of the secret.
If you only have one secret in the level, it should be number 1. If it is the second secret that Lara can find you enter number 2, etc.
Then one the same tile you place a flipeffect trigger to play the 005.wav secret sound (or whatever sound you want to play as secret sound).

2. Finish
Place a trigger for FINISH.
Enter the number of the next level in the timer field or enter 99 if you want to go back to the Main Menu (end of the game).
This won't show any statistics though. I don't even know if that is possible... perhaps with some TRNG feature?

Somehow it says I cannot place the triggers onto both of them.

I made a pickup trigger for a shotgun
Made a flipeffect for the sound
but as soon as I try to place a secret trigger it gives a popupscreen telling me it isn't possible :(

matrix54
23-10-10, 14:58
Have the pickup trigger a secret. The sound file will play automatically. :p

Compass
23-10-10, 17:09
Have the pickup trigger a secret. The sound file will play automatically. :p

After I tried that lara isn't enable to pickup the shotgun anymore somehow collusion starts to apear around the object! :mad:

God Horus
23-10-10, 18:49
I didn't know where else to post this so I will post it here just so all of you know!

Well many of you have heard that my computer had a horrible virus and crashed and I lost everything. I have received many PM's from people who were waiting for Egyptian Suns too which is coming in a few months :D

Sadly, my LE folder was NOT recovered, meaning I have lost everything in it, BUT, I have recovered my WAD, TGA, and PRJ for Egyptian Suns which was not infected and now I can continue to build! The script was NOT recovered which is o.k. because it had nothing important!

So yes my game will still be released!!!

Mytly
24-10-10, 21:45
How do I add a end trigger so I finish the level, and get the statics shown in screen!

(I'm using NGLE but it are some basic questions I hope it doesn't make a big difference!)
To show the statistics automatically, just use the FlipEffect called 'Show Statistics screen'. ;) I'm not sure if it will work on the same square as the End Trigger, but you can easily place it one square before that or something.

Compass
25-10-10, 10:29
To show the statistics automatically, just use the FlipEffect called 'Show Statistics screen'. ;) I'm not sure if it will work on the same square as the End Trigger, but you can easily place it one square before that or something.

Thanks I'll try that! now I need to fix the last thing on this...

After I tried that lara isn't enable to pickup the shotgun anymore somehow collusion starts to apear around the object! :mad:

Anyone? :confused:

FloTheMachine
25-10-10, 20:08
It probably isn't anything to do with the shotgun. It might be a dodgy door conncection..? :D

Atlantisfreak
25-10-10, 20:16
I didn't know where else to post this so I will post it here just so all of you know!

Well many of you have heard that my computer had a horrible virus and crashed and I lost everything. I have received many PM's from people who were waiting for Egyptian Suns too which is coming in a few months :D

Sadly, my LE folder was NOT recovered, meaning I have lost everything in it, BUT, I have recovered my WAD, TGA, and PRJ for Egyptian Suns which was not infected and now I can continue to build! The script was NOT recovered which is o.k. because it had nothing important!

So yes my game will still be released!!!

that's great:D I'm truly looking forward to the release of this level:D And I'm glad that your not one of those people who just say:

"OMG noes!!!!11!!1!!!!!one!! My computerzh gotha virus n ih lozt evrythingz!:( sorriz thizh s canceldz"

:p

!Lara Croft!
26-10-10, 02:48
Anyone got that tool for ripping SFX from AOD? I cant find it anywhere.

Ward Dragon
26-10-10, 03:22
Anyone got that tool for ripping SFX from AOD? I cant find it anywhere.

I don't know anything about the tool, but the sound track (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/soundtrack/index.html) contains the ambiance tracks (wind, rain, etc.) if that's any help :)

FloTheMachine
26-10-10, 18:39
Try just just record them with normal editing software. Turning down the music etc..?

I take it by SFX you mean Lara's sounds and enemies etc..?

Titak
26-10-10, 21:36
Anyone got that tool for ripping SFX from AOD? I cant find it anywhere.It is called awd2wav. No idea where to get it though. Lara's Levelbase perhaps?
If not, then Google might be able to help. :D

!Lara Croft!
27-10-10, 01:57
AWD2WAV, thats it! Cant find it anywhere though. Searched the forum, all the links are dead. Googled it, same result....

Titak
27-10-10, 09:27
Weird. :confused:

Well, I've uploaded it for you instead: awd2wav.zip (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/Downloads/awd2wav.zip)

Mystery-King
27-10-10, 10:43
This is probably a silly question but its just a wild shot. Its a question concerning Strpix. I know you add textures and stuff in Wadmerger but I read somewhere (can't remember where...) But you can replace textures in strpix providing they are they same size or something like that. Can someone please elaborate and explain what must be done if this is the case, please? Thankies :hug:

anniversarytr11
27-10-10, 13:23
Ok this level I am building, I am using the right objects and I saved it to the right output wad and built it correctly with NGLE to pc program but when I load the game the window closes straight away when the loading bar of the level gets to the end, so the level doesnt come up. what's wrong with it?

TheLostValley
27-10-10, 14:57
You probably forgot to put Lara in the level.

Happened to me lots of times. :D

Underworld2008
27-10-10, 15:45
Most defiantly sounds like Lara isn't in the level, go and make sure she is in the editor :)

anniversarytr11
27-10-10, 19:56
Nope she is, I checked everything 3 times each time I went to go test and each time the game just doesnt work :(

deskj
27-10-10, 22:47
did u make any particular change before stating this crash, or has the level never worked?

'cause it happened me once, i made a room from scratch but somehow it was corrupted and the level crashed. Making it again, the same as before, made it work.

anniversarytr11
27-10-10, 23:15
did u make any particular change before stating this crash, or has the level never worked?

'cause it happened me once, i made a room from scratch but somehow it was corrupted and the level crashed. Making it again, the same as before, made it work.

it's the first time I have tested the level, it's actually been a different level before but I overwrighted it with a different level.

!Lara Croft!
28-10-10, 03:43
Weird. :confused:

Well, I've uploaded it for you instead: awd2wav.zip (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/Downloads/awd2wav.zip)

Thanks, it converts it to the right WAV format for the editor right?

EDIT: Ive run into a problem, ive got 1024 of 1024 texinfos...preventing me from texturing my Gym. Now i know that most of these are from textures no longer in the level, so how do i get rid of them?

deskj
28-10-10, 07:44
have you already tried the command "Texture / Remove unused tail infos"?

Titak
28-10-10, 08:57
it's the first time I have tested the level, it's actually been a different level before but I overwrighted it with a different level.And you don't have earlier backups of the wad and prj that might work fine? If, so, then go back to one of those, find the most recent one that works adn start building again from there.

anniversarytr11
28-10-10, 15:13
ok things have gone from bad to worse.

I deleted NGLE and TRLE and stuff and i re-downloaded it all and it wont even install, ugh I had a break from building for a month and now everything is not working :hea:

Mytly
28-10-10, 18:45
Argh! What's happening?! I edited my wad, and now the Harpy is firing Lara's legs at her ...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/Mytly/Custom%20Levels/Harpy-Legs.jpg

... and the Demigod is firing her boots!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w116/Mytly/Custom%20Levels/Demigod-Boots.jpg

How do I correct this? I can revert to an older version of the wad if absolutely necessary, but I'd rather avoid that, as I added quite a lot of new items (including the pillars in the first screenshot), and I'd have to remove them all from the level first. :(

-Roli-
28-10-10, 18:46
You should add bubbles object :)

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1642

You can find here :)

Ward Dragon
28-10-10, 18:48
ok things have gone from bad to worse.

I deleted NGLE and TRLE and stuff and i re-downloaded it all and it wont even install, ugh I had a break from building for a month and now everything is not working :hea:

I had to install the Visual Basic Runtime thing from here (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/) before TRNG would install for me. Maybe it's the same for you? :)

Mytly
28-10-10, 19:01
You should add bubbles object :)

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1642

You can find here :)
Ok, but how did it get removed? The Harpy and Demigod were working fine earlier (before I edited my wad), and all I changed was the horizon and some statics. :confused:

KurtisandLara
28-10-10, 19:06
Ive had problems with my Bubbles object when i edit my horizon. Never had it with statics. But just to be safe everytime you add/change an object then re-add the bubbles.
Yup, thats the level editor for you...lol

Mytly
28-10-10, 19:18
Ok, I'd have never imagined it had anything to do with the horizon. And the irony is that I didn't like the new horizon, so I changed back to the old one. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks, Roli and KurtisandLara. :)

KurtisandLara
28-10-10, 19:44
Ok, I'd have never imagined it had anything to do with the horizon. And the irony is that I didn't like the new horizon, so I changed back to the old one. :rolleyes: Anyway, thanks, Roli and KurtisandLara. :)

No problem :) But it could have been something else to. But as long as everythings working right theres no need to dwell on it :) Good luck with your project :D.

Mytly
28-10-10, 19:53
Thanks. :)

anniversarytr11
28-10-10, 20:52
I had to install the Visual Basic Runtime thing from here (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/) before TRNG would install for me. Maybe it's the same for you? :)

thanks tried that, still not working, i click on setup for TRLE but the install window just doesnt come up. Maybe its becuase I removed it wrong? I just deleted it instead of uninstalling it, i have tried uninstalling it but it faisl becuase it says it cant find the files, which are deleted... :(

TheBloodRed
28-10-10, 21:22
You can try having someone send you the actual files. You can place them back to where they used to be and then hopefully the uninstall will work.

I know when I start a new TRLE project I just copy and paste my Level Editor folders and recycle them. xP

anniversarytr11
28-10-10, 21:28
good idea, ill be on msn :)

!Lara Croft!
28-10-10, 22:17
have you already tried the command "Texture / Remove unused tail infos"?

Where's that? How do i activate it?

Kapu
28-10-10, 22:36
It's in the room editor. Top menu bar.

!Lara Croft!
28-10-10, 22:44
Okay, ill look for it. Thanks. Now i'll finally be able to fix up the textures in my Gym...

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/Lara4123/NewBitmapImage3-8.jpg

They are a lot of distorted and badly placed textures...

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 06:51
looks great to me^

is there an NG center script tutorial around the forum anywhere?

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 08:38
ok so got all the editors and stuff working, but got the original problem back, here is my last error message

Version=1.2.2.2
CRS=Disabled
Last diagnostic mexage:Missing FONT_GRAPHICS in current level
Last directX error:
START_P1:1002AC47
END_P1:1006B09B
START_P2:1007B2C0
END_P2:1009D0F6
START_P3:100A58E7
END_P3:100D4172
START_P4:10006C77
END_P4:1000F338
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: level "TITLE.TR4" has a version (1.2.2.1) different than current dll
WARNING: Probably the [LoadCamera=0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0] script command has wrong settings
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON WRITE AT OFFSET 0x7641252B
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x1008F7B4
REGISTERS:
EAX=764124EB
EBX=0
ECX=6900
EDX=0
ESI=764124EB
EDI=8BDC0F0
EBP=461FEE8
EIP=1008F7B4
ESP=461FE6C
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
00000001:Camera_Room
00000001:Camera_TargetRoom
0018FF14:BaseSalvaStack1
0A0DFF88:BaseSalvaStack2
078EFF84:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory is full at 6.12 (Used 0xBC bytes)
ZonaSceneMemory memory is full at 17.64 (Used 0x4B044 bytes)
VetEditObjects memory is full at 21.19 (Used 0x590 bytes)
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.23 (Used 0x3858 bytes)
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.07 (Used 0x104 bytes)
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory is full at 4.50 (Used 0x24 bytes)
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory is full at 6.05 (Used 0x7C bytes)
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
SaveGame_220_DatiMoveables memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreAttivaFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreFlagFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFlyCameras memory is full at 7.40 (Used 0x5EC bytes)
VetByteFlyCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)
Ptr_MemBufferLivello memory is full at 35.65 (Used 0x6CCB80 bytes)

Lara: x=16896 y=0 z=12800 StateId=2 NextId=2 AnimNow=11 Room=1

Stack=0x461FE6C pContesto=0x461FB84 pInfoEccezione=0x461FB34
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x461FE6C
STACK_TRACE:
0x491BE7
0x491BED
0x44E2B0
0x1008F4D7
0x451F85
0x451166
0x45EC81
0x475155
0x49E67C
0x49DF08
0x49E61D
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x18B0F4
STACK_TRACE:
0x42000C
0x42000C
0x420040
0x490056
0x490044
0x408000
0x430046
0x420032
0x490055
0x4A6FE0
0x48D323
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48D323
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48CC6B
0x48CACE
0x49F26B
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0xA0DB168
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

Ward Dragon
29-10-10, 09:09
looks great to me^

is there an NG center script tutorial around the forum anywhere?

Not that I know of (although if there is, I'd like to see it too :p). Within the NG Center there is a tab called "Reference." If you skim through that you'll see what commands are available to type in the script. If you click a command, a description comes up at the bottom, and it mentions the format of the flags for that command. You can then look up that flag format on the list and see what you can do with it.

For example, there's a CUST_RAIN command which improves the rain. The text says that the proper syntax is

Customize=CUST_RAIN, FlagsForRain (FR_...), DropSize, SprinklerAmount, MaxRain, MinRain, Float1, Float4, Float 8, Float 16, Extra

So what you do is you write that in your script and fill in values for each space. If it's something you don't want to change (or you don't know what it does) then just put IGNORE and it will use the default value.

If you look up FR_ there are three things on the list:

FR_ADD_DRIPS_TO_LARA
FR_CORRECT_SPRINKLERS
FR_PLAY_SFX

That means you have three extra options you can choose to include in your customized rain command.

So if you wanted to make it such that rain drops fall off of Lara when she comes inside from a rainy room, and the rain droplets impact the ground even if the ground is not flat, you would write this in the script:

Customize= CUST_RAIN, FR_ADD_DRIPS_TO_LARA + FR_CORRECT_SPRINKLERS, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

Basically putting in the flags that you want and putting IGNORE for everything else.

Once you type the first part of the command, in the gray bar at the bottom (right above the green rectangle) it will tell you what the proper syntax is so you can make sure you put things in the right order.

For another example, you can customize enemies. That command is simply Enemy= and then you can see that the order of things to fill in is: Slot, HP (Vitality), NEF_flags, TombFlags, EXTRA_flags, Damage 1, Damage 2, Damage 3

So if I put

Enemy= baddy_2, 30, NEF_HIT_BLOOD, IGNORE, IGNORE, 5, 5, 5

That means that the enemy in the baddy_2 slot will have 30 health, there will be blood drops when he gets shot, and each of his attacks will do 5 damage.

There are a lot of things you can do with the commands, so if you're trying to do something in particular and you can't figure out how to do it you could always ask and see if anyone knows a command for it :) (All the commands are in the Reference tab but it's easy to miss what you're looking for if you don't already know what it's called :o)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 09:12
I havent experimented with any special command, the level is at a very basic build which is why it is so puzzling that it wont work :confused:

Ward Dragon
29-10-10, 10:14
I havent experimented with any special command, the level is at a very basic build which is why it is so puzzling that it wont work :confused:

I'm sorry, I don't understand the crash report so I don't know why your level is crashing either :o I was trying to write a basic tutorial on the NG Center scripting for you since you had asked if one was available :)

Have you used any trapdoors by any chance? I think I had a crash once because the editor didn't like where the trapdoor was placed.

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 10:17
no theres literally a few rooms, textures and lara thats it

Ward Dragon
29-10-10, 10:20
no theres literally a few rooms, textures and lara thats it

Did you set coordinates for the loading screen camera? It looks like the crash report gave a warning for that, so maybe the camera is stuck in something and causing the crash :confused:

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 10:49
nope hasnt worked ugh

Titak
29-10-10, 14:11
Okay, ill look for it. Thanks. Now i'll finally be able to fix up the textures in my Gym...

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/Lara4123/NewBitmapImage3-8.jpg

They are a lot of distorted and badly placed textures...And here we go again. :(
You are using textures from my Mists of Avalon project. Textures I made myself by mixing some of the original TRA/TRL textures together.
Like the white wall textures with the scratchy grey cement on the sides and the side of the pool.

I thought we had agreed on not using any of my Mists of Avalon stuff untill the game was released?

tombraider1703
29-10-10, 14:14
And here we go again. :(
You are using textures from my Mists of Avalon project. Textures I made myself by mixing some of the original TRA/TRL textures together.
Like the white wall textures with the scratchy grey cement on the sides and the side of the pool.

I thought we had agreed on not using any of my Mists of Avalon stuff untill the game was released?

:O:O:O
not again?!!

larafan25
29-10-10, 14:16
http://rob.nu/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/FacePalm.jpg

I just.....there is....no I just.....hmmmm...that is rude.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

On another happier note, ug I cannot believe that, uhm....

What do AI objects do? Do they decide where AI goes?

Titak
29-10-10, 14:20
AI objects determine the behaviour of an enemie.
If you place an AI_GUARD under a human enemie for example he will just stand there, looking around, untill he spots Lara.
There's also an AI which, if you place two of them, makes the enemie walk back and forth between the AI objects.

But I can't remember details because it has been ages since I used them.
There is some info on the AI objects in the official TRLE manual though. :D

larafan25
29-10-10, 14:23
AI objects determine the behaviour of an enemie.
If you place an AI_GUARD under a human enemie for example he will just stand there, looking around, untill he spots Lara.
There's also an AI which, if you place two of them, makes the enemie walk back and forth between the AI objects.

But I can't remember details because it has been ages since I used them.
There is some info on the AI objects in the official TRLE manual though. :D

Holly crap that is fantastic. O.O

Thanks so much, this is handy.:cool:

Underhoe
29-10-10, 15:22
That is just...Oh godness, again? You really haven't learned anything? :/

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 16:36
so no one else can help me? :(

Titak
29-10-10, 17:43
^
From your crashreport:
WARNING: level "TITLE.TR4" has a version (1.2.2.1) different than current dllConvert your title again to a new TR4. Perhaps it will help.

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 17:46
^
From your crashreport:
Convert your title again to a new TR4. Perhaps it will help.

opefully not sounding stupid...

how do you convert it? :vlol:

Titak
29-10-10, 17:47
By opening the title.tom in NG_tomb2pc.exe, then Build All, like with any other level. :p

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 17:49
oh tried that:o

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 17:50
And...?

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 17:52
I tried that like 5 times 2 hours ago, didnt work :o

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 17:55
Does the level compiler just crash..? If so I'm guessing there is a problem somewhere in your map.

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 17:59
Does the level compiler just crash..? If so I'm guessing there is a problem somewhere in your map.

I looked at the map, theres no problem, the level builder is working i think, tomb4 works when i load it but when i click on the level the load bar goes to the end with a black load screen and then the window just closes and another error report appears in the TRLE folder, i got about 20 error reports now :p

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:06
Thats happened to me also. I think it's caused by either a problem in the script. Or in the level. As you're so adamant that it's not in the level I suggest you look at your script :D

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:11
it says there are no errors but here is my script

;**************************************
;
; Tomb Raider IV Script File
; Release Version 1.00
;

;--------------------------------------
; Platform Definitions

[PSXExtensions]
Level= .PSX
Cut= .CUT
FMV= .FMV

[PCExtensions]
Level= .TR4
Cut= .TR4
FMV= .BIK

; Language Filenames

[Language]
File= 0,ENGLISH.TXT
File= 1,FRENCH.TXT
File= 2,GERMAN.TXT
File= 3,ITALIAN.TXT
File= 4,SPANISH.TXT

; Options

[Options]
LoadSave= ENABLED
Title= ENABLED
PlayAnyLevel= ENABLED
InputTimeout= 18000 ; frames * seconds = 60x30
FlyCheat= ENABLED
Security= $55
DemoDisc= DISABLED
ForceBumpMapping= ENABLED
SoundSettings= SQ_HIGH_QUALITY,IGNORE,IGNORE

[Title]

LoadCamera= 11088,-1100,28896,11119,-1399,31486,0
Level= DATA\TITLE,100

[Level]
Name= River Ganges
Customize= CUST_FIX_WATER_FOG_BUG
Customize= CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES
Customize= CUST_LOOK_TRASPARENT,DISABLED
Customize= CUST_NO_TIME_IN_SAVELIST
Customize= CUST_SET_SECRET_NUMBER,3
Customize= CUST_TR5_UNDERWATER_COLLISIONS
Customize= CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES, ENABLED
;--------Animations--------;
Animation= 257,KEY1_ROLL,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,-234 ;180 degree turn on monkeybars
Animation= 218,IGNORE,$4000,FAN_KEEP_NEXT_STATEID+FAN_SET_FRE E_HANDS_TEMP,ENV_MULT_CONDITION,4,IGNORE,-222,-353,-354
MultEnvCondition= 4,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT,256,IGNORE,ENV_NON_TRUE+EN V_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT,512,IGNORE ;Roll in Crawlspace
Horizon= ENABLED
LevelFarView= 50
ForceVolumetricFX= ENABLED
LoadCamera= 16896,0,12800,2,2,11,1
Level= DATA\GANGES,102

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:12
Then I'm stuck at what the problem is. It can't be anything else could it...?

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:15
well i did at first build the level then build it over another then i had problems so i deleted NGLE, tomb4 and NG2pc and try to re-install them that didnt work so someone sent me a file of their level with all the programs in it and it all works except the level wont play and this problem was there before i was sent the programs. really have no idea what has gone wrong :hea:

Mystery-King
29-10-10, 18:17
This probably won't help, but on some of my past (unreleased) projects, I get crash problems if I use Room0 (so I have to start from room1) whereas in some others I don't. not sure what causes it but that may possibly be one minor cause. :)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:19
This probably won't help, but on some of my past (unreleased) projects, I get crash problems if I use Room0 (so I have to start from room1) whereas in some others I don't. not sure what causes it but that may possibly be one minor cause. :)

ok ill try that :)

EDIT: nope didnt work

nowid50
29-10-10, 18:28
Silly question but is LARA in your level ? I know how much it's easy to forgot her :(

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:29
yep that is checked too

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:31
By any chance could you have removed something from your WAD and not from your .PRJ ..?

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:34
What do you mean? I don't think so, I have saved and outputted the wad twice over to make sure and still nothing :(

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:34
Saving & Outputting wouldn't fix the problem :p

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:35
Then what would :p

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:37
Go through your wad and check if there are any objects that are in your map that aren't in your WAD :) (an evil object I think)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:38
Go through your wad and check if there are any objects that are in your map that aren't in your WAD :) (an evil object I think)

nope theres only one object, lara. the level is at a very basic stage

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 18:39
Well... :confused:

See if it's the programs fault..? Just make a room texture it and compile it and check if it works...? :)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 18:46
yeh room on its own worked, its the level, crap :hea: how do i find out what it is?

Mystery-King
29-10-10, 18:53
Try TRFix. Its a tool by Aktrekker found on the skribblerz site under the 'tools' menu. I haven't used it but it may help! :)

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 19:01
:) Hope you get the problem fixed. I'm testing the TR3:MA Project :)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 19:06
Try TRFix. Its a tool by Aktrekker found on the skribblerz site under the 'tools' menu. I haven't used it but it may help! :)
nope the program just freezes when i try to load the project file but it loads other project files :s this is not good :hea:

:) Hope you get the problem fixed. I'm testing the TR3:MA Project :)

Yeh I hope so too

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 19:07
Do you have backed up versions of your .prj ..?

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 19:13
Do you have backed up versions of your .prj ..?

yeh, not working

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 19:37
looks like I will have to start from scratch :( well atleast I hadn't build like the whole level

FloTheMachine
29-10-10, 19:48
Thats sad to hear :(

Soul
29-10-10, 19:48
I'm looking for a ladder to monkeywing animation. Would be great if anyone of you has a link. there is one on trsearch, but I don't want to use SSJ6-wolfs- animation, as it requires a pretty hard key-combination...

I'm using the last NGLE with TREP btw.

Titak
29-10-10, 19:50
Didn't Geckokid release his animation?
No Animation Editor stuff required, just that one TREP option. :D

Soul
29-10-10, 19:53
Ah, I see. Thanks.
TREP is completely new to me so I don't know all of the features but I think I'm starting understand it better :)

Titak
29-10-10, 19:54
The ladder-to-monkey is in TREP's patches section if I remember correctly.

Ward Dragon
29-10-10, 20:57
it says there are no errors but here is my script

;
; Tomb Raider IV Script File
; Release Version 1.00
;

; Platform Definitions

[PSXExtensions]
Level= .PSX
Cut= .CUT
FMV= .FMV

[PCExtensions]
Level= .TR4
Cut= .TR4
FMV= .BIK

; Language Filenames

[Language]
File= 0,ENGLISH.TXT
File= 1,FRENCH.TXT
File= 2,GERMAN.TXT
File= 3,ITALIAN.TXT
File= 4,SPANISH.TXT

; Options

[Options]
LoadSave= ENABLED
Title= ENABLED
PlayAnyLevel= ENABLED
InputTimeout= 18000 ; frames * seconds = 60x30
FlyCheat= ENABLED
Security= $55
DemoDisc= DISABLED
ForceBumpMapping= ENABLED
SoundSettings= SQ_HIGH_QUALITY,IGNORE,IGNORE

[Title]

LoadCamera= 11088,-1100,28896,11119,-1399,31486,0
Level= DATA\TITLE,100

[Level]
Name= River Ganges
Customize= CUST_FIX_WATER_FOG_BUG
Customize= CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES
Customize= CUST_LOOK_TRASPARENT,DISABLED
Customize= CUST_NO_TIME_IN_SAVELIST
Customize= CUST_SET_SECRET_NUMBER,3
Customize= CUST_TR5_UNDERWATER_COLLISIONS
Customize= CUST_KEEP_DEAD_ENEMIES, ENABLED
;--------Animations--------;
Animation= 257,KEY1_ROLL,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,IGNORE,-234 ;180 degree turn on monkeybars
Animation= 218,IGNORE,$4000,FAN_KEEP_NEXT_STATEID+FAN_SET_FRE E_HANDS_TEMP,ENV_MULT_CONDITION,4,IGNORE,-222,-353,-354
MultEnvCondition= 4,ENV_NO_BLOCK_IN_FRONT,256,IGNORE,ENV_NON_TRUE+EN V_HOLE_FLOOR_IN_FRONT,512,IGNORE ;Roll in Crawlspace
Horizon= ENABLED
LevelFarView= 50
ForceVolumetricFX= ENABLED
LoadCamera= 16896,0,12800,2,2,11,1
Level= DATA\GANGES,102

I have an idea. Try putting all zeroes for both of the load camera coordinates and then see if that fixes it :)

If I understood correctly you said earlier that you hadn't altered the load camera, so if those are the coordinates that Core used in one of the sample levels then maybe those places don't exist in your level yet. Putting all zeroes should tell the load camera to start in your first room, so if that works you can continue building your level and then change the coordinates later to wherever you want the load camera to be :)

anniversarytr11
29-10-10, 21:31
I have an idea. Try putting all zeroes for both of the load camera coordinates and then see if that fixes it :)

If I understood correctly you said earlier that you hadn't altered the load camera, so if those are the coordinates that Core used in one of the sample levels then maybe those places don't exist in your level yet. Putting all zeroes should tell the load camera to start in your first room, so if that works you can continue building your level and then change the coordinates later to wherever you want the load camera to be :)

Nope that didnt even work :( ugh I'll just restart next week

Titak
29-10-10, 21:55
And then test often and make backups of the prj's and wads that work. :tmb:

Atlantisfreak
30-10-10, 14:13
quite simple question, how do I change the ambience track?

Ward Dragon
30-10-10, 14:18
quite simple question, how do I change the ambience track?

Down at the bottom of the script section for your level it should say:

Level= DATA\wad name,107

The number is which ambiance track will play. You can change that number in the script to a different number so it will play a different track in the background, or if you have an original sound track that's not in the level editor by default you can rename it to that number and paste over that file in the audio folder.

If you are using TRNG there's also a way to change the ambiance tracks during the level using flip effects (if you look through the list you'll see a flip effect to change the sound on track 1).

Atlantisfreak
30-10-10, 14:46
ahh, thankyou:hug: