PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Underhoe
28-03-11, 19:57
I have a little problem. For some reason the water doesn't reflect to the surface.
As far as I am right it should work like that, but for some reason it's not working.
http://i52.************/14u7y4h.jpg
Any suggestions?

klona
28-03-11, 20:13
Add the time you want the door to remain open for (in seconds) in the 'timer' field of the trigger for the door. If you are opening the door using a switch, then the add the time in the switch trigger, not the trigger for the door, as you can't overlap special triggers.

Can i do the same for 'Raising_Block2' ?

Mytly
28-03-11, 20:18
Yes. :)

Uzi master
28-03-11, 22:34
I have a little problem. For some reason the water doesn't reflect to the surface.
As far as I am right it should work like that, but for some reason it's not working.
http://i52.************/14u7y4h.jpg
Any suggestions?

did you texture the water?

anyway I assume the water reacts normally otherwise, maybe try making sure the value in the Reflect feild is the same as the water value in the room below.

klona
30-03-11, 15:36
Hi, how can i make the Game start directly after choosing "New Game" from the Title?

Tjw croft
30-03-11, 15:43
Involves doing a litte scripting. Gimme like 5 minutes and I'll either edit this post with info of post a second one.

Matie
30-03-11, 15:44
Change PlayAnyLevel= ENABLED in the [Options] section of the script to DISABLED and the level will be started directly after you press New Game.:)

Tjw croft
30-03-11, 15:46
Thanks Matie. Lol just found that in the manual. Forgot that it was already built in. *facepalms*

DJ Full
31-03-11, 16:54
[B]
PuzzleCombo= 1, 1, Whatever, $0019,$0400,$0000,$2000,$1000,$0002
$0019 is the TopBorder value. When you change this you can make the object appear closer or further away from the top of the screen.
$0400 is the DistanceFromCam value. When you change this you can make the object appear bigger or smaller in the inventory.
Alos read the info on this script command in NG_Center.

You have to give a name to the inventory items in the script. For example if you want to rename or set a new name for puzzle item 3, take a look at this line:

Puzzle= 3,Sphere,$0000,$0400,$0000,$0000,$0000,$0002

The number 3 is the ID of the item, that specifies it's puzzle item 3.

@Titak,
@Matie,
that worked... how do You say it... like a charm :D. I've also found a similar command relating to keys, read the three following $---- fields customize X, Y, Z rotation parameters, and the last field enables/disables rotation. So I rotated a certain key in every possible direction to figure out which axis is which. All puzzle items, combo items and key items are named correctly now and they appear just like I want them to.

But these commands don't seem to affect:
- special combined items like CLOCKWORK_BEETLE
- pickup items like UZI_AMMO
- option items like SAVE and LOAD memcards.

What can I do to customize position of these in the inventory?

-Roli-
31-03-11, 19:12
hey all :wve:,

I never have this problem before, so i don't know what happened :confused:
Some of object textures are messed up with moving textures :confused: I tried to clear the wad with unnecessary objects, + converted into V130 but the problem is still there. :(

http://i56.************/2eqfb12.jpg

Anyone could help me? :hug:

Edit: that happened when i added two animating object slots. Then maximum two textures are replaced with those messed up moving textures about the "texture page" textures what you can see in strpix. But in strpix everything looks okay. :confused: (On the photo the greens are the good ones.)
Sorry for the misunderstanding, i can't explain it well :o

KingdomHearts
31-03-11, 21:15
Dont know if thats the right thread but is there any tutorial how to build such a pyramid like in TR 4 Menkaures Pyramid ?

DJ Full
01-04-11, 21:50
JUMP TO OPEN TRNG CHAT FOR THE PREVIOUS PART OF THIS POST

Of course, this is not everything. How does it happen solving one problem causes three new? The GUIDE has Lara's arm instead of his. Using Von Croy, the same thing happens. I think this issue is a missing MESHSWAP, so I probably already solved it....

...But what the heck about double Lara meshes appearing ingame??? She has two heads, one inside another! I haven't spotted it until today! When she dies, she almost splits in two! And I didn't change anything in Lara's meshes for a week!

Also, my set of animations, which is already finished, appears with a missing frame ingame while jumping from Anim1 to anim2, even though no frame is missing in WadMerger! Anim1 has Framerate1, Anim2 has Framerate2... Bwaaaaaahhhhhh!....

Calming down:
EnemyFreeze= DJFULL_DONOT_JUMP_OUT_OF_THE_WINDOW
Customize= DJFULL_SET_AS_PATIENT + DJFULL_REALIZE_VISION_AT_ALL_COST + DJFULL_DONOT_MIND_THE_ORC_DEADLINE_WHICH_IS_TOMORR OW, $FFC4 wasted time, $FFC0 frustration, $FFC1 anger
Sound= MUTE_ALL_SWEARING_INCL_HEX
ForceAnimation= 13563 ;that means "smile"

Laras Boyfr.
02-04-11, 06:27
Calming down:
EnemyFreeze= DJFULL_DONOT_JUMP_OUT_OF_THE_WINDOW
Customize= DJFULL_SET_AS_PATIENT + DJFULL_REALIZE_VISION_AT_ALL_COST + DJFULL_DONOT_MIND_THE_ORC_DEADLINE_WHICH_IS_TOMORR OW, $FFC4 wasted time, $FFC0 frustration, $FFC1 anger
Sound= MUTE_ALL_SWEARING_INCL_HEX
ForceAnimation= 13563 ;that means "smile"

OMG xD :vlol:
Dx Hahaha :vlol:
That goes under the Top 10 of the funniest posts :p

Anyway, the queen of Animations told me that customized framerates higher than 1 might not work correctly ingame.
Try adding some frames and make the framerate 1. :)

P.S. Greetings to you, Symsi :wve:

Shauni
02-04-11, 06:57
...But what the heck about double Lara meshes appearing ingame??? She has two heads, one inside another! I haven't spotted it until today! When she dies, she almost splits in two!

I think this happens after using DOZY without all shotgun animations.

Titak
02-04-11, 08:37
^
Correct.

DJ Full
02-04-11, 13:16
Ah. Because there is NO shotgun ingame. I tried to make this .wad as light as possible.

Also, already figured out which objects activated by SWITCH_TYPE7 cause crash, and which do not. ROLLINGBALL is one of working correctly. But now it's not necessary for me to use FLIPEFFECT30 anymore - I did it this way:

On the same square:
TRIGGER for GUIDE
TRIGGER for ACTION on GUIDE: Freeze (unless another ACTION undoes it)

On the same (other) square:
SWITCH for SWITCH_TYPE7
TRIGGER for ROLLINGBALL

On the yet another square:
ROLLINGBALL
HEAVY for ACTION on GUIDE: Unfreeze

Works like a charm!

@Lara's Boyfr.:
Actually, ForceAnimation appears to be an ACTION trigger as well, not a FLIPEFFECT - but I found it and tested Your advice. I converted the door to ANIMATING 5 and set all stateIDs to 0, for the object not to respond to them, but to care about the trigger only. Now it works perfect - it opens and does not close after the anim is complete.

It appears now the object limit is 100... Recently, it was 106, so I don't get it... Gotta remove this Yeti from the hospital, I will free some space... Sorry, Baddy - You will be in the full version.

EDIT: Updated the setup - it was ROLLINGBALL unfreezing the guide, not SWITCH_TYPE7 (my mistake)

Set his CustomC item memory to 0 (or negative) with a variable flipeffect.
This sets his uzi ammo to zero so he won't draw his uzi.

Tried to find it... This one?
http://i56.************/20pegpc.jpg

JUMP TO OPEN TRNG CHAT FOR THE NEXT PART

klona
03-04-11, 06:25
Hello, How Can i make 4 Puzzle holes to trigger One Door?

Titak
03-04-11, 09:02
ForceAnimation appears to be an ACTION trigger as well, not a FLIPEFFECTForceAnimation for a moveable is indeed an ACTION trigger.
ForceAnimation for Lara is a flipeffect. :D

Symsi
03-04-11, 10:30
Anyway, the queen of Animations told me that customized framerates higher than 1 might not work correctly ingame. Try adding some frames and make the framerate 1. :)

P.S. Greetings to you, Symsi :wve:In case you mean me, it is the Queen of Ugly Animations-of-Futility-no-one-but-herself-needs. :p

Framerates above 1, like 2 to 4 are very possible, but they do cause problems - for me - when it comes to transition or loop anims, I haven't figured out why exactly. But I mainly recommend to stick with Framerate 1 because this one has the ability to bring more depth and detail to the moves anyway, seeing that frames inbetween are more precisely given by the animator person.

Romantics Inc.
03-04-11, 15:54
Might I inquire... :p ...where can i find the wad editing tool? as well as the tga file editing tool?

KingdomHearts
03-04-11, 15:55
Go here http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/

Romantics Inc.
03-04-11, 16:03
Yes thank you xD

FloTheMachine
03-04-11, 16:06
Wadmerger and Tbuilder? :)

Tbuilder can be found here (http://www.skribblerz.com/editortools.htm)

Just scroll down to Tbuilder.
But I don't know where to get Wadmerger. :o

Titak
03-04-11, 18:42
^
WADMerger can be found at TR Search Engine, that link KingdomHearts posted. :D

@ Romantics Inc:
Also download and instal the Visual Basic Runtime files at that same link. WADMerger needs them. :D

Romantics Inc.
03-04-11, 19:02
^
WADMerger can be found at TR Search Engine, that link KingdomHearts posted. :D

@ Romantics Inc:
Also download and instal the Visual Basic Runtime files at that same link. WADMerger needs them. :D

Yes, I remembered that much :D

DJ Full
03-04-11, 19:09
Hey... I have some sound issues... Playing my game in Diagnostic Mode, I got lots of messages about missing sounds. I wrote down their IDs: 346, 64, 27, 49 etc. I already read all sound editing tutorials, but I still don't get it... I read about all those letters: #t, #g, #c and other, assigning sounds to .wads.

When I heard the #g letter stands for "general", I assumed if I assign it to every single sample in my level, everything will sound fine.

It did not.

Some of sounds were assigned - but not the way they should be. As a result, now samples are even more misplaced. Who wants to illuminate me?

Thankfully, they extended the deadline again, so I still have a chance to submit the level.

Matie
03-04-11, 19:18
I had had similar problems with one of my levels and I learnt yesterday how to fix it.
One possibility is to use Screamer. You can find it on Skribblerz (www.skribblerz.com). This method requires some time, however.

Here (http://skribblerz.com/screamer1.htm) is a tutorial on how to setup Screamer and here (http://skribblerz.com/screamer2.htm) is the tutorial which explains how to repair the sounds in your wad. Follow the Example 2 part of the tutorial, make a list of the sounds as it's written in the tutorial and assign them to your wad.
After doing this it's advisable to run through your level again, as it might be necessary to edit the pitch of a few sounds.

(There are also other possibilities, there is another program (SFX Manager, I think), but I couldn't find it and not sure if it can solve all the problems and there is a Sound Editor in WADMerger, too, but it just doesn't work right.)

DJ Full
03-04-11, 20:51
I read LePerk's and Titak's tutorials, but I didn't notice EssGee's one. Thanks for sharing.

EDIT:
I have fixed sounds. The only problem remains with Lara's death. After it happens, all sounds should be muted, but I can still hear SFX 257 (BAD_DIE) instead. No idea what it is assigned to, and - as follows - no idea how to get rid of it.

Also, some script problems remain - I told about them in TRNG thread.

1upMushroom
04-04-11, 10:23
My metasequoia program can't open dxf files.
I have the latest version. Is this likely to be an issue with windows 7?

It either gives me an illegible error message with a whole lot of ??? and shuts down, or tells me, "Abnormal program termination."
:hea:

I don't urgently need to open meshes right now; I'm just building some custom meshes at the moment; but I may want to edit meshes in the future; I want to know I have the option.

DJ Full
04-04-11, 10:34
I used to have the same problem. The latest version isn't always the best. For me, 2.4 LE works fine (but I'm on XP). I found the other either shareware, or unstable.

1upMushroom
04-04-11, 10:48
For me, 2.4 LE works fine (but I'm on XP).

2.4 LE is the one I've got.

I tried running it in different compatibility modes. I don't know what to do.

thecentaur
04-04-11, 11:29
I'm remaking Angkor Wat textures. Expect pics to come some time this week

anniversarytr11
04-04-11, 12:31
could someone post links of every good website for textures and texture sets please? :)

mudkip25
04-04-11, 12:43
Here ya go! :D

http://trsearch.org/
http://skribblerz.com/textures.htm
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=670244&postcount=30

:)

anniversarytr11
04-04-11, 12:50
Thank you, I knew the first two, but the third will help alot :D

Shauni
04-04-11, 15:44
WANT o_o lol

KingdomHearts
04-04-11, 17:33

Me too :D

I was looking for the Tr 1/2 Uzi sounds but i did not find. Any Idea where i can get them?

klona
04-04-11, 19:04
Err, doesn't anyone know how to make 4 Puzzle holes to trigger One Door? :confused: Please Help.

mudkip25
04-04-11, 22:08
http://skribblerz.com/switchdoors2.htm

Titak
04-04-11, 22:27
Wrong tutorial me thinks... even though it is a good and usefull tutorial.

Four switches should open one door when all four switches have been used, so this one looks like it is a better answer to klona's question:
Multiple switches for door (http://skribblerz.com/switchdoors.htm)
Two doors are used in that tutorial but this can easily be adapted for only one door. :D

mudkip25
04-04-11, 23:47
Simple enough, you could use multiple doors to do what the tutorial says but delete them after :p

skylark1121
05-04-11, 00:32
Does anyone else who runs windows Vista and TRLE have problems? It seems there's always something going wrong with mine....:(
Thus inspiring my new signature... :P

Uzi master
05-04-11, 01:31
Nothing particularly, occasionaly I get some problems, but I doubt Vista is the sole cause.

skylark1121
05-04-11, 02:01
I rarely have problems with the editor itself, but Tomb4 always randomly crashes. I'm sure im doing everything right.... I've been at TRLE for quite a while.

--save project to tut1.PJR
--output wads to tut1.TOM
--add tut1.TOM to level converter *build all*
--tomb4
--crash
--open NG_Center
--Build script files
--fix all errors
--save project again
--Tomb4
--Crash

I haven't been able to test any of my levels in a while. Tomb4 never works!!! :(
I downloaded TRLE and NG from skribblerz. Idk what its problem is. .......

Tjw croft
05-04-11, 02:08
I know this might seem REALLY basic, but, uhm, is Lara in the level? Or are you not even making it to the menu? Cause if that's the case, check to see if you have a title.tr4. That might also be your problem.

Kapu
05-04-11, 02:08
Could an NG feature you're using be causing the crash? I hardly know a thing about TRNG so I'm probably not doing much good here, but when I enable a new feature in TREP I get crashes sometimes because I missed a step in the setup. Could that be the issue, maybe?

KyleCroft
05-04-11, 02:14
Maybe post the crash log here. Someone may be able to find what the problem is based on that.

sharalex
05-04-11, 02:37
Does anyone else who runs windows Vista and TRLE have problems? It seems there's always something going wrong with mine....:(
Thus inspiring my new signature... :P

Skylark,
There's a recent tutorial on Skribblerz by Bedazzled expressly about this. Try it out and see if it helps. :)

skylark1121
05-04-11, 03:33
I know this might seem REALLY basic, but, uhm, is Lara in the level? Or are you not even making it to the menu? Cause if that's the case, check to see if you have a title.tr4. That might also be your problem.

Yes, I have title.tr4 and I am placing Lara in the level. (:p). I am not making it to the menu...

Could an NG feature you're using be causing the crash? I hardly know a thing about TRNG so I'm probably not doing much good here, but when I enable a new feature in TREP I get crashes sometimes because I missed a step in the setup. Could that be the issue, maybe?

I did download new textures for my level , but i tried replacing them with the tut1 textures and had the same crash.. :(

Maybe post the crash log here. Someone may be able to find what the problem is based on that.

I will do this if tuts recommended by sharalex do not help. :)

Skylark,
There's a recent tutorial on Skribblerz by Bedazzled expressly about this. Try it out and see if it helps. :)

I ll check it out and see if that helps!

Thanks everyone for your help. :hug:
I feel like i've tried everything.... :(
Tomorrow I will post my crash log and see if anyone can take it from there. I'm hardly a beginner at TRLE/NG.
But, I've always had a problem with tomb4 on windows vista....
And, I have head from other people that vista seems to be the most glitchy compared to XP and 7 with TRLE. I will check out those tuts on scribllerz and if they dont help i will post my crash log.... :o

sapper
05-04-11, 06:12
My metasequoia program can't open dxf files.
I have the latest version. Is this likely to be an issue with windows 7?

It either gives me an illegible error message with a whole lot of ??? and shuts down, or tells me, "Abnormal program termination."
:hea:

I don't urgently need to open meshes right now; I'm just building some custom meshes at the moment; but I may want to edit meshes in the future; I want to know I have the option.

I have this problem but I have XP.

I recently emailed the author of Metasequoia about this bug but he said he could not replicate it on his system.

What I found though is, if I leave the language as Japanese it opens DXF files no problem.

If I have the language as English the only way I can open DXF files is to drag and drop the DXF file onto the program's icon. Dragging and dropping onto the running application window fails though.

I recently found another freeware 3D modeller called MarbleCLAY. To save files to native MarbleCLAY format you need to register it via email (still free though) but the unregistered version can import and export 3DFace DXF files and Metasequoia MQO files.

Krash
05-04-11, 07:36
this might be silly but have you modified any of the sound files? the ones in the samples folder that is, i changed lara's fall scream sound once and got instant crashes, i think the problem was the file size was too big, might be useless but just a thought.

!Lara Croft!
05-04-11, 08:00
/\ That was a good scream you put in...

skylark1121
05-04-11, 15:52
No. I still haven't edited my sounds yet..

AgentXP
05-04-11, 20:36
I’ve had to trigger a flipmap using a heavy trigger with a rollingball, as my special triggers overlap. The problem is, I also want to 'unflip' the room, and I can’t get the FLIPOFF trigger to work using this method – I can only seem to be able to trigger the flipmap ON with a FLIPMAP heavy trigger.

Please help! :o :D

skylark1121
06-04-11, 02:38
Ok everyone, I got to the bottom of why the editor crashes when I start tomb4.
It had to do with UAC, etc.
But, it still crashes when I actually try to play it. for example, when i click on playable tut level to test it, it crashes. Here is my crash log....

Version=1.2.2.3
CRS=Disabled
Last diagnostic mexage:Missing FONT_GRAPHICS in current level
Last directX error:
START_P1:1002AF07
END_P1:1006B559
START_P2:1007B800
END_P2:1009DE6D
START_P3:100A6877
END_P3:100D5102
START_P4:10006D37
END_P4:1000F57E
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: missing Header NG in "TITLE.TR4" level file
WARNING: Probably the [LoadCamera=11088, -1100, 28896, 11119, -1399, 31486, 0] script command has wrong settings
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0x4480003C
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x476AE4
REGISTERS:
EAX=476A0000
EBX=7EF8EE0
ECX=7DE0C4E
EDX=0
ESI=44800040
EDI=7DD00B4
EBP=2
EIP=476AE4
ESP=7DCFE58
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
00000001:Camera_Room
00000001:Camera_TargetRoom
0012FF14:BaseSalvaStack1
096EFF88:BaseSalvaStack2
07CCFF84:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory is full at 6.12 (Used 0xBC bytes)
ZonaSceneMemory memory is full at 16.77 (Used 0x47494 bytes)
VetEditObjects memory is full at 21.19 (Used 0x590 bytes)
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.58 (Used 0x8F04 bytes)
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.15 (Used 0x25C bytes)
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory is full at 4.50 (Used 0x24 bytes)
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory is full at 6.05 (Used 0x7C bytes)
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
SaveGame_220_DatiMoveables memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreAttivaFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreFlagFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFlyCameras memory is full at 7.40 (Used 0x5EC bytes)
VetByteFlyCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)
Ptr_MemBufferLivello memory is full at 35.89 (Used 0x6D8468 bytes)

Lara: x=51712 y=4608 z=46592 StateId=2 NextId=2 AnimNow=11 Room=1

Stack=0x7DCFE58 pContesto=0x7DCFB8C pInfoEccezione=0x7DCFB70
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x7DCFE58
STACK_TRACE:
0x476740
0x450447
0x41D177
0x47FBB0
0x44E616
0x44E294
0x1008FF54
0x451F95
0x451F85
0x451166
0x45EC81
0x475155
0x49E67C
0x49DF08
0x49E61D
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x12B0F4
STACK_TRACE:
0x490050
0x450050
0x440042
0x41005C
0x490055
0x490055
0x490055
0x490055
0x490055
0x490055
0x48D323
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48CC6B
0x48CACE
0x49F26B
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0x96EB168
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

-------------------------

Thanks for any help! :)

KurtisandLara
06-04-11, 03:04
Did you try to change your load camera settings for the level? It says there in the warnings it could possibly be wrong.

KyleCroft
06-04-11, 03:13
It could be a flyby problem. I had that a while ago.

skylark1121
06-04-11, 05:17
I haven't done anything with cameras. Its a new project and only three rooms.
I ve built the rooms, textured, placed objects, and done lighting. I have been needing so badly to test my level. I ve not even replaced the tr4 lara yet! That's how new the project is!
I haven't:
•Edited sounds
•placed triggers
•Merged any wads

The only thing that isn't based on the editor is my texture set. I downloaded them and extracted them to my maps folder..
What a dilema.. :(

skylark1121
06-04-11, 05:21
Did you try to change your load camera settings for the level? It says there in the warnings it could possibly be wrong.

How would you do that? Usually though If there is a load camera problem that only causes the level itself to be glitchy. Granted it is when i load the level when i have the crash, but LC usually just makes the screen black.... So idk
Sorry for double post...

KingdomHearts
06-04-11, 14:45
Press F1 Ingame where your start at and write down the shown up numbers.

Titak
06-04-11, 15:17
@ skylark1121:
Please post TRNG crashreports or other TRNG related stuff in our TRNG section next time. :)

............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: missing Header NG in "TITLE.TR4" level file
WARNING: Probably the [LoadCamera=11088, -1100, 28896, 11119, -1399, 31486, 0] script command has wrong settings

Open the title.prj and output the title.tom.
Then convert to new title.tr4 with NG_tom2pc.exe to solve the missing header issue.

DJ Full
06-04-11, 17:33
Hey there. Already submitted my ORC level, but as I have an opportunity to fix some minor flaws, I would like to take the chance and do it. Here they are:

1. Yeti by Baddy

When it attacks Lara, the screen goes weird:

http://i56.************/33wqgwo.jpg

2. Horseman bug

Remember Beyond the Scion by EssGee? After the horseman falls from his horse, he is likely to mounts it again. This happens in my game as well.

3. If we talk about enemies:
Remember my other issue, about NEF_... flags? It seems the order of commands written in the script does matter! MUMMY got corrupted when I placed it BELOW some other enemy command. I guess these commands are supposed to be written in the same order enemies are placed in the .wad. But I'm not sure. (This part of the post was moved from another thread (I've just realized it was not Open TRLE chat where I previously posted this)

4. (this one is completely optional) How can I change this "X" to something different?

http://i53.************/esoi9s.jpg

I found no proper line for it in Strings.txt.

Titak
06-04-11, 17:41
Is that Yeti in the SCORPION slot?
If so, then you may want to check THIS THREAD (http://www.skribblerz.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3605&st=0) over at Skribblerz forum. It deals with the same issue.

No idea.

The order in which commands are typed in the script do indeed matter in some cases.
Like the ColorRGB+ commands have to be above the Customize= CUST_BARS..... commands for example.
So it might as well be the case with the Enemie= commands.
Perhaps Raymond knows for sure. :D

No idea if that is even possible.
It's the way ammo is counted I suppose...

Stop editing while I'm typing a reply! :vlol:

AgentXP
06-04-11, 18:08
What number to I need to type in a finish trigger to get the level to return to the main menu? No matter what number I've tried, the level just seems to crash instead of returning to the menu. :confused:

Shauni
06-04-11, 18:09
For 1. You need a new LARA. For example, I know the LARA model from Dark Death's Silent Vill level works with the poison effect.

Titak
06-04-11, 18:28
What number to I need to type in a finish trigger to get the level to return to the main menu? No matter what number I've tried, the level just seems to crash instead of returning to the menu. :confused:99 is the number I always use.

DJ Full
06-04-11, 21:07
I checked the original city.prj and there is a number "24". I typed 24 and it works as well. I've also seen "24" in original coastal.prj. So I think it works for me because the game has ONE level only. But I might be wrong.

Stop editing while I'm typing a reply! :vlol:

THIS must have been the moment when I realized my 4th question is in wrong thread :D. So I edited.

(Sometimes I edit a post 5-6 times before I am satisfied with what is written there.)
EDIT: Just like now - I fixed the first letter of the sentence in brackets, for it to be a CAPITAL. And moved the dot before the second bracket. :D The same thing happens when I build a level. Sometimes I edit things that don't matter for anyone but me.

Yep - the Yeti is in SCORPION slot. Thx. Will try to fix it.

EDIT 2: Added "the" before "Yeti".

EDIT 3: Checked the skribblerz thread. They had a problem with SMALL_SCORPION, not SCORPION. I think Baddy's Yeti used to work correctly in the beginning of my work - but it was so long ago that I don't remember if I really saw it working, or if I imagined this. So now I'll build a test .wad containing only Lara and Baddy's Yeti to see if the enemy works fine if it is alone and nothing disturbs it. Will post the results tomorrow. Night night.

EDIT 4: Deleted the word "time" from between the words "long" and "ago" :D

EDIT 5: Started the word "deleted" from a capital "D".

!Lara Croft!
10-04-11, 06:17
Im having this really annoying problem.

I load up my WAD and it says "error building movable ANIMATING2_MIP", so i delete it, save and reload it. Then it says "error building movable CAMERA TARGET"...this goes on and on and on till my wad is empty. Its causing random crashes etc ingame too. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH IT!

It started when i added a self retextured TR4 rollingball, but persists even after ive deleted it.

(Also its a v.130 wad as im using TRNG)

Titak
10-04-11, 10:31
Try with a regular wad instead of V130 since you don't have to use V130 wads per definition with TRNG. (I'm not using them either)

Sometimes when a corrupt object is added it still leaves some of that corruption behind when the object is deleted again.
It is better to go back to an earlier save of the wad and start again from there.

KingdomHearts
10-04-11, 12:41
I cant build any new room anymore without crashing the whole game. I posted this on LB and they said my TGA file is too big. I tried to get from 64 Pages to 61 and it worked but it keeps crashing after creating a new room. Even if i raise an square (in a always textured room) to fit with the area it keeps crashing . I used this "feature" Remove unused tail infos too . Anyone got an Idea to fix that? Iam close to delete my level where i worked about 2-3 Months :( .

KingdomHearts
11-04-11, 20:39
Fixed it finally . Just installed the newest NGLE Version but now i have a sound issue . One Door doesnt gives her specific sound in my level . I tried to put the #d (which stands for my tut1 wad) at all lines but it doesnt work. Also i added this to my wad http://www.trsearch.org/Items/890 but not all TR 3 Sounds are working ingame and i cant find specific lines for them in the sound.txt .

anniversarytr11
11-04-11, 23:08
anyone got any type of resources that could help me with ideas for puzzles and gameplay ideas?

sapper
12-04-11, 01:18
Hey there. Already submitted my ORC level, but as I have an opportunity to fix some minor flaws, I would like to take the chance and do it. Here they are:

1. Yeti by Baddy

When it attacks Lara, the screen goes weird:

http://i56.************/33wqgwo.jpg

Since you had the Yeti in the TR4 file I changed the Baddy1 to the Yeti in your level using FexinspectSK so I could have a look.

No idea why this happens but Paolone's version of TRViewer (in Tools folder of TRNG installation) seems to fix it.

I think you need to place Paolone's version of TRViewer in the standard TRViewer folder to use it since it needs some other files.

Paolone's version of TRViewer corrects animation errors it finds that are produced by Wadmerger but the ones it corrects for your level have nothing to do with the Yeti but the Puzzle1 item.

Anyway I opened your level with the Yeti in Paolone's TrViewer and then just saved it to the same filename and played it and the Yeti no longer caused the video problem.

You may want to try a tool called TRWad to TRWEST on your wad if it can open wads with NG objects (make sure you have a backup). This tool corrects some errors caused by Wadmerger too.

1upMushroom
12-04-11, 11:32
anyone got any type of resources that could help me with ideas for puzzles and gameplay ideas?

I don't know if there are resources, but I can give you some things to think about.
1. Types of puzzles:
Memory - there is an image or something that the player must remember.
Can involve jumping on certain squares.

Combination - The right combination of events opens a path.
This can be a combination of switches, of doors, of flipmaps (or anything really.) The water flasks are inventory items that can be used to create a combination puzzle.

Maze - There are different types of mazes. It can be a 2d maze; or it can be a 3d maze, with several levels to it.
It can involve doors that open paths to further parts of the maze.

Pushblock puzzles:
Path finding - one has to get the object(s) to a certain point, figuring out how to get it(them) there.
Hidden sectors - Pushblocks are hiding rooms/switches/objects, and you have to figure out how to move them to find the rooms/switches/objects.
You can do things like push a block onto a trapdoor, then drop the block; or push it onto a raising block to elevate it.

With TRNG, we can now do interesting things with Pushblocks:
Pushing them off of ledges.
We can make them standable.
We can move pushblocks across other pushblocks. (There are certain limitations)

Animating objects:
You can use objects in unusual ways. For example, a rolling ball can be used to "slam into a column and break it" (you would cleverly heavy-trigger a flipmap.)
You can use the environment to shape the path of the rolling ball. Maybe the rolling ball needs to land in a certain place; and the player must use trapdoors or flipmaps to form the right path.

Flimap puzzles:
Paths can be opened and closed with flipmaps. A door can be opened, but still inaccessible until the room is flipped.

2. Level aims
What is Lara's motivation for being there?
Is she there to get from A to B?
Is she there to get an artifact?
Is she there to take on a boss?

Identifying the aim(s) of the level will inform how you structure it.
So knowing that Lara wants an artifact, you can display the artifact. Behind a door, or on an inaccessible platform.
If it's a boss level, you can show the boss through a window. Lara can hear the boss as she travels through adjacent rooms; building tension; until she faces him.

3. Directions of play.
Lara can travel in 3d. It can be easy to forget that and just create a horizontal stage.
A stage can be horizontal and linear
It can be open and broad.
It can be forked
It can be cyclical
Her path can cross itself in a central, focal chamber
She may need to travel upwards to death-defying heights
She may need to make her way downward
4. Aspects of gameplay
Platforming/pathfinding
Which involves jumping to and from platforms; finding a path by shimmying, jumping at the right time on slopes.

Gauntlets/traps/pitfalls

Enemies

Vehicles

Puzzles

5. Secrets
There are different types of secrets
Hidden nooks and crannies
The more advanced player will find these hidden places, and be rewarded.

Plain site secrets; these involve a hidden path.

Challenges; the path and reward are in plain site, but involve a gauntlet/timed run.

Explorative secrets
These are secrets that aren't difficult to find, but reward a player who looks around. For example, if a player lights a flare in a dark corner they find a reward.

Secrets can be special artifacts, or they can be weapons/ammo. They can be keys/puzzle items that open up further secret areas.
Including different types of secrets in your levels will reward players in different ways; and make for a more satisfying experience.

I hope I have included some useful ideas. :)

Now for my question!!
There is a shaft object that Lara pulls, which opens a door. I am not sure where it is from; but it is not in the original 6 wads released with the LE.
Anybody know where I can get it?
It is in this level; set the time bar to about 7:11
QnPwmNqbYJg

Atlantisfreak
12-04-11, 15:18
^ my guess is that the grey block thingy is a moveable and the other thingy is a separate object. so it's probably custom and hasn't been released:p

Titak
12-04-11, 15:38
It is indeed not been released.
That grey block is a pushable and heavy triggers that door to open.

KingdomHearts
12-04-11, 21:00
Fixed it finally . Just installed the newest NGLE Version but now i have a sound issue . One Door doesnt gives her specific sound in my level . I tried to put the #d (which stands for my tut1 wad) at all lines but it doesnt work. Also i added this to my wad http://www.trsearch.org/Items/890 but not all TR 3 Sounds are working ingame and i cant find specific lines for them in the sound.txt .

Nobody got an idea :confused: ?

1upMushroom
12-04-11, 22:48
^ my guess is that the grey block thingy is a moveable and the other thingy is a separate object. so it's probably custom and hasn't been released:p

No, I don't think so... I'm quite sure these objects were made by Core Design, I know that I recognized it (back when I first played "UB4") but for the life of me, I can't place it. :hea:

It was either in TRLR or in Chronicles.

All of the level WADS of the official games are online. I've been looking through them, but haven't found these objects yet.

Between LR and Chronicles there is a horde of WADS; and the Chronicles WADS aren't very easy to navigate, as the objects are misnamed.

It will probably be easier to build what I want myself. :p

Although, these objects weren't from the Russian sub levels or from the VCI levels. I have browsed through the Ireland WADS... I can't imagine it in Rome; so I don't think it is in Chronicles. I think it is from LR.
Yeah, I'll build the setup myself.

Locke217
13-04-11, 04:16
I know this is a basic question... (then again it's in the thread title) But somehow I forgot/couldn't find an answer to why certain switches don't automatically reset. I had always thought they automatically reset to the up-position in the case of a timed run, but mine don't seem to work. Is there something else I must do other than time the switch trigger?

Uzi master
13-04-11, 04:26
I know this is a basic question... (then again it's in the thread title) But somehow I forgot/couldn't find an answer to why certain switches don't automatically reset. I had always thought they automatically reset to the up-position in the case of a timed run, but mine don't seem to work. Is there something else I must do other than time the switch trigger?

it needs to have animations that actually have it revert, check your switch to a switch that does and make sure it has the same number of animations doing the same things and have the same state ID's, though it could be hard coded:(

DJ Full
13-04-11, 11:40
Just a question... Probably a very basic one, but I never did something like this before, so I didn't need such knowledge until now...

If I want to place 1000 spikes ingame, do I have to type their OCBs everytime I place the object? Or is there some kind of Copy/Paste? Also, do I need to click on "Place object" 1000 times?

Actually, I've already placed 500 of them, and I wanna know if I have to place another 500 the same tedious way. Just asking.

Titak
13-04-11, 15:04
Looks like teethspikes will be the only moveables in your level then since you can have only 1024 moveables per level... :yik:

But to answer your questions: YES.

DJ Full
13-04-11, 18:14
Whew! So it's not so bad I placed them all and typed all OCBs manually.

Actually, no level. Before I make the final version of Transplantation, I keep playing with script :D and I wanted to push something to the limits. This is an Organizer test.

Actually, after placing 400 spikes and applying a camera to show them all, it appeared the last rows can not be seen - just like WorldFarView and LevelFarView were ignored. Never encountered it before.

So, there are 33 TriggerGroups with 400 arguments in a single Organizer so far. I've been writing this part of the script for 2 days :jmp: and it seems each spike is triggered exactly when I want it to shoot out.

The whole Organizer lasts for 2,5 seconds.

Titak
13-04-11, 18:32
Weren't you also the one who made the most ever miles in "Lara in a box"?
This kinda reminds me of that. :vlol:

I do however wonder what it looks like, all those hundreds of spikes shooting out. :D

DJ Full
13-04-11, 21:56
So imagine a circular shockwave spreading in all directions...
It resembles a fast-growing transgenic wheat (these are original settomb spikes, NOT syringes)

BTW, is it normal I wanted to type "TriggerGroup" instead of "tombraiderforums" when launching the site?

EDIT: And yes - it was me who has beaten LIAB WR - it's 1016000 metres travelled, 2317528 bullets wasted. Some people do speedruns. Seems I did a slowrun. Of course, I still have the savegame, and someday I will reach 2 million... unless someone wants to take it from me and continue.

anniversarytr11
13-04-11, 23:25
How do you make an object in TRNG climbeable, the object is a wooden box, not pushable.

Titak
14-04-11, 15:15
TRNG questions in TRNG section please.
That's what it is for after all. :p

Is the box a static or a moveable?

anniversarytr11
15-04-11, 11:10
where can I get fire objects? I mean just a general flame of a fire on the floor? or do I just use the flame emitter?

thing is I looked at the OCB list for flame emitters and it just showed how you can make them go out and back on on intervals, I just want them to keep going?

!Lara Croft!
15-04-11, 11:18
Just trigger it with an OCB of 0 to get a normal flame.

For a big fire in the middle of a square use FLAME_EMITTER, just place and trigger, no OCB setup required.

FLAME_EMITTER2 will produce a medium sized flame on the edge of the tile the back of the cone is facing, good for torch brackets. If you put in an OCB of 1 it will change to a small flame in the middle of the tile. 4 makes a tiny flame and 123 makes a tiny flame in the centre of a tile good for candles.

KingdomHearts
15-04-11, 19:41
How can i encrypt an tr 4 file so it can't be loaded by load TR in WadMerger ?

mudkip25
15-04-11, 20:03
idk know if it is for TRNG only but if you convert your level manually (which you should be) then there should be a button on the tomb2pc to encrypt them. :)

KingdomHearts
16-04-11, 16:30
Got it thank you . Is there any limit for fog bulbs ? In 2 Outside rooms i placed about 9-10 fog bulbs and in both works they dont work . But when i walk into the third room they show up .

Titak
16-04-11, 16:52
I think the limit is 7 fogbulbs visible at the same time.
So this is what you're probably encountering.

KingdomHearts
17-04-11, 12:55
ok thanks but ive got another noob question :D .

Most of the sounds work in my level but DOOR_TYPE 3,4 and 6 don't give an specific sound when they open/close . Just for an test i added an #g to all lines in the sound.txt but it doesn't work (Ive got my sound.txt like they was before the test) . Is there anyway to get them work?

anniversarytr11
17-04-11, 17:34
For some reason when I use this object, Lara falls straight away and so does of the object, how can I make it so Lara walks across it before it falls?
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1730

KingdomHearts
17-04-11, 17:35
U need to place a dummy trigger on the square beneath it .

anniversarytr11
17-04-11, 18:04
do you place a trigger for the dummy triggers if you get me? :p

Matie
17-04-11, 18:17
No, you have to select the object first, then select the square below it (it is important to place the trigger on the lowest solid floor, I mean if there is a water below the breakable floor, you have to place the trigger in the water room, exactly below the object), change the trigger type to "DUMMY", then apply the trigger on the square.:)
The dummy trigger is already a trigger itself, it doesn't need to be triggered.

KingdomHearts
17-04-11, 19:30
Ive got another Problem . Lara walks on a square which triggers a Flipmap and it works fine BUT after reloading the flipmap is gone and the room is like before :confused: .

FloTheMachine
17-04-11, 20:18
On the trigger used for the flipmap, make it 'OneShot' :)

KingdomHearts
17-04-11, 20:31
Doesn't work :confused: .

KingdomHearts
18-04-11, 20:08
I found another way but thanks . Now ive got this problem .

http://www.abload.de/img/problemvx08.jpg

As you can see there isn't a nice transition on the house . Can i fix that with light bulbs/sun etc. or is it something else because i tried something with light bulbs and it didn't work .

DJ Full
18-04-11, 20:17
Hey! How to convert script.dat back to script.txt???

mudkip25
18-04-11, 22:23
You can't. :/

skylark1121
19-04-11, 00:43
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a screenshot taking software that works well with trle?
I've tried TR Level manager, but for some reason, it does not want to cooperate with Vista..... :(
I've also tried Screenshot pilot and screenshot utility, but they never want to take ingame pics....
anyone?

KingdomHearts
19-04-11, 01:05
Just press Print on your keyboard for 1-2 seconds . Then Switch e.g to paint click Paste and you got your Picture . Optimal Resolution is 800X500 for this Forum . You can change this e.g in IrfanView . After that upload it on Abload.de , imageshack or whatever :) .

Titak
19-04-11, 10:05
I always use the " button and it then places screenshots in the main NGLE folder.
No special program needed.

But this only seems to work okay when I'm using TRNG...

GeckoKid
19-04-11, 10:43
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a screenshot taking software that works well with trle?
I've tried TR Level manager, but for some reason, it does not want to cooperate with Vista..... :(
I've also tried Screenshot pilot and screenshot utility, but they never want to take ingame pics....
anyone?
Use Fraps, it's free if you know how to convert BMPs to JPGs for online showcasing :)

As for KingdomHearts, it's a known issue, flipped rooms don't blend with the rest of the rooms :( One way to get around that is to flip ALL the rooms adjacent to it.

KingdomHearts
19-04-11, 12:07
@ GeckoKid : Ok I will try that.

Is it possible to copy rooms e.g from tut1.prj to title.prj ? I tried cut/paste but didnt work .

Soul
19-04-11, 12:08
You could simply copy the prj, delete all the rooms you don't need and output it as your title.

KingdomHearts
19-04-11, 21:06
Thanks that worked :) . Ive got 2 little questions .

1) How can I make the grenade object explode ? I tried it with a normal trigger but it didn't work.

2) Nearly the end of my level there is a trigger for a flipmap . When the flipmap was triggered the gunflash effect + flare effect doesn't work anymore . But when I throw an flare away it lights :confused: .

Kapu
19-04-11, 21:28
To make a grenade explode you have to place it underneath a shatterable. Open up the OBC window for the grenade and shatterable and select the Invisible button. Then trigger it as you would any other object. ;) You don't have to make them invisible, but if you want a random explosion it might look a little conspicuous if there was shatterable jar sitting right where the explosion came from. haha

Titak
19-04-11, 21:50
2) Nearly the end of my level there is a trigger for a flipmap . When the flipmap was triggered the gunflash effect + flare effect doesn't work anymore . But when I throw an flare away it lights :confused: .The infamous flarebug kicked in.
It maens you have to many flame-emitters buring at the same time.
Better untrigger some in rooms Lara has already been in.
If she can backtrack to those rooms and you want tohe flames to be on again you can simply trigger them near those rooms, close to the antitriggers for them.

KingdomHearts
19-04-11, 22:38
Ah thanks Titia :D . But now i have a really big problem . The Converter doesn't work right anymore . Take a look at this :

http://www.abload.de/img/error8c5h.jpg

But it works after I deleted the last room i worked on . A previous "version" of this room worked but the newest not :( . Any Idea how I can get some information on this error and how to fix it ?

EDIT : Lol just cleared the room textures and it works oO . Is there an limit for using textures in a room? The room isn't finished .

deskj
20-04-11, 07:20
try to use the "remove unused tail info" function

KingdomHearts
20-04-11, 08:10
That didn't work

Titak
20-04-11, 09:02
Perhaps an overall limit thingy reached?

I had something similar back with one of my HM levels.
In the end I simply split the level into two seperate levels.

DJ Full
20-04-11, 09:53
And here's something strange:

"GetBoxOverlap: Too many overlaps"

Launching the game, the level loading bar is full, and the ambient soundtrack plays, but the load screen doesn't disappear, just like the level was "almost loaded".

I've been searching for overlapping rooms, but I couldn't find any. What is it?

deskj
20-04-11, 11:14
no idea, it's a lot of time i don't edit, but have u cut a room leaving some objects outside the cut zone? from what i know this could cause bugs sometimes

DJ Full
20-04-11, 11:17
Nope. There are 7 objects (incl. 4 triggers) ingame, and none of them is beyond any room.

Also, there is something about wrong index.

KingdomHearts
20-04-11, 11:27
@ Titak Iam thinking about splitting my level in 2 seperate level like you did but i've never had done that before ? Is any tutorial about that out there?

mudkip25
20-04-11, 12:49
Just open the prj, save a second copy, delete the rooms that you want in the other level, open the second and delete the room you deleted in the other copy.

:)

KingdomHearts
20-04-11, 12:52

TheTiger
20-04-11, 14:08
Well... its not just that easy.

First, you have to make sure why you want to split your level.
Then you have to make sure that BOTH lara objects (everyone of them) are the same, otherwise the level will crash when you are going to the other level.
If the items in both levels are different, ore you want to have the standard inventory again (3 medipacks, normal pystols etc. ) then you have to add the ResetHUB= command with the number of the level where you want to change the outfit.

I hope i explained it good enough to let you understand.
This is my first try ya know... :o

DJ Full
20-04-11, 20:27
Solved the last problem. The flaw was present in a room I've earlier copied something into, from a DIFFERENT project. It looks like the editor did not recognize it. The room which caused the problem was pretty much BELOW the source room. When I copied the same geometry into another room, placed at the same elevation, it worked fine and caused no problems.

skylark1121
21-04-11, 22:00
I've been downloading and applying animations in wadmerger. I've applied 5 animations to Lara and am running into a problem. Whenever I go to 'Load' and I click on the animation I need, they are not in their opening folder.... And yes, I have extracted them. When I click on the containing folder, 'no items match my search.'
The other animations I applied are working fine, but all the other ones I've donwloaded are not being found....
anyone?

KingdomHearts
21-04-11, 23:12
@skylark1121 : I am sorry dont know anything about your problem :( .

Well I have something strange too :D . Iam using the Examine3 Item in my WAD . I wrote the Text in the English.txt and applied the English.Bat . I converted the Script and STRINGS2/SCRIPT2 too . However it's not possible to convert the Script anymore because i get :

ERROR : Found Code

My level isn't working too but when i use the previous line it's working fine.

Jixan
22-04-11, 09:25
Hi guys, quick animation question: I have an object I want to animate when triggered. It's working fine, but I want it to repeat its animation every time the trigger is activated...at the moment it's working the first time then dead still any other time! I've looked through tutorials and the manual but can't find a related answer.

Edit: Also, I want to do a switch puzzle in which 5 switches have to be pressed in order to open a door, but they have to be pressed in a certain order...is that possible in the editor? I don't mind if it needs scripting.

Raymond
22-04-11, 11:18
Yes, it needs TRNG and scripting. For this reason the question would belong to the NG-forum. So do you use TRNG?
To understand my possible reply, you would need to know the basics about Triggergroups (see NG_Center-reference or tuts on Skribblerz) and about Trng-Variables (see especially the docu to Paolones Variables-project).

Jixan
22-04-11, 11:23
Thanks Raymond, I've actually found the variables thing and have been experimenting, but the reading materials you mention should speed things along dramatically.

Raymond
22-04-11, 11:55
I´ll write something more about it in my TRNG-Feature-thread.

skylark1121
22-04-11, 15:39
Okay. So... Is there a way to start Lara in the game without her pistols without creating a new flipeffect? Can you do it through the script? :)

HURLEYstickmen
22-04-11, 16:19
Pssst! The Way of (the) Relic - Complete Version is out now! Link: http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2412:D:D:D

FloTheMachine
22-04-11, 20:23
^
Downloading ^_^

DJ Full
23-04-11, 04:44
Just wanted to say I'm playing the second level of this game atm and it's kinda TR2 technical equivalent of Chosen - I mean, various original texture and object sets mixed together create a completely unique environment. It seems to be kinda epic (goes to check where the yellow key is).

EDIT: Found that key - actually, a black one, not yellow. Proceeded a lil' bit further and I have no idea how to call this: Tibetan Catacombs of Coastal Karnak?
http://i51.************/2s7hz08.jpg

EDIT 2: Yes! This is a TR2 game, but it makes me search for shatters all the way through!

EDIT 3: Err... just to warn... If You stand in the place I am standing on this screenshot, You are doomed.

EDIT 4: My mistake. Actually, You are not.

KingdomHearts
23-04-11, 13:00
But it has no sound so its kinda boring for me :( .

How can i make freezing Water ? I tried to place a Flipeffect from TREP on all squares from the water room .

ONLY_IN_WATER
DEC_HP 8

But it didn't work. Also I tried the DMG button.

TheTiger
23-04-11, 13:11
Its easy!
Click the cold button in your water room :p

KingdomHearts
23-04-11, 13:17
That didn't worked too.

TheTiger
23-04-11, 13:18
mmm, strange.
Then i can't help you, becease im using TRNG :o

Kapu
23-04-11, 15:56
But it has no sound so its kinda boring for me :( .

How can i make freezing Water ? I tried to place a Flipeffect from TREP on all squares from the water room .

ONLY_IN_WATER
DEC_HP 8

But it didn't work. Also I tried the DMG button.

You only need to place one trigger. It can be anywhere just as long as Lara crosses it before she reaches the water room. Make sure you've set up the flipeffect like so:

ONLY_IN_WATER
DEC_HP 8

The 'One shot' box is not ticked, and 'mode' is set to 'post.'

In the editor open the trigger window and select 'FLIPEFFECT' and the correct number as the trigger, 'TRIGGER' as the type, and make sure the 'One Shot' button is not pressed.

KingdomHearts
24-04-11, 12:37
Thanks :) . How to trigger a pickup as secret so it shows up in the statistic with sound of course :D ?

FloTheMachine
24-04-11, 12:39
Does anyone have any tips on how to go about remaking the TRL/A Manor?

Titak
24-04-11, 12:57
First download all the TRL/TRA manor objects adn put them in a wad.
Go into the TRL/TRA game and try to divided those manors in TRLE sized blocks so you can get a nice size for the TRLE version.
And ofcourse, decide what sort of manor you want to make: TRA style in which things are not yet finished (swimmingpool, crates in the main hall), whether or not you want to include the outside areas from TRA, or the TRL finished manor.

This is how I got started... :o

Thanks :) . How to trigger a pickup as secret so it shows up in the statistic with sound of course :D ?Pickup trigger for the pickup item underneath the pickup.
Then, on the same tile, place a trigger for SECRET. Enter a number to make the secret show up in the statistics.
Then, on the same tile again, trigger the 005 audio like you would trigger any other audio. :D

FloTheMachine
24-04-11, 13:07
First download all the TRL/TRA manor objects adn put them in a wad.
Go into the TRL/TRA game and try to divided those manors in TRLE sized blocks so you can get a nice size for the TRLE version.
And ofcourse, decide what sort of manor you want to make: TRA style in which things are not yet finished (swimmingpool, crates in the main hall), whether or not you want to include the outside areas from TRA, or the TRL finished manor.

I was hoping you would reply. :D
I'll try that. The only thing I'm stuck on, is. You know the stairs in the grand hall. I have no idea how to make them. :/

KingdomHearts
24-04-11, 13:16
I made a TRL Manor but months ago . I downloaded a TRL Manor Level and just used Tr2prj to take a look at the geometry .

FloTheMachine
24-04-11, 13:22
Ah. Where can I download this TR2prj? :)

KingdomHearts
24-04-11, 13:25
http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/7/ Go here :D .

FloTheMachine
24-04-11, 13:30

:hug:

disapearing-boy
24-04-11, 13:33
Okay. So... Is there a way to start Lara in the game without her pistols without creating a new flipeffect? Can you do it through the script? :)

Well I tried this script, I'm using it for other items in my level (adding the jeep keys from the start, removing medipacks ect..) so I tested it on the pistols when I saw your post. You just type the item and the amount of whatever you want to add. To remove objects you type 0.

Equipment= PISTOLS_ITEM, 0

The problem is even though the pistols don't appear in the inventory screen, Lara can still equip them and they appear in her holsters..:confused:

I don't know why this doesn't work.... perhaps ask in the TRNG open chat,,

Titak
24-04-11, 13:48
^
That script entry is for the equipment only, it does not disarm Lara.

So for Lara to start without weapons you also have to use a flipeffect "Lara (Weapons) Disarm Lara in E way", or somethign similar.
So browse through the Lara related flipeffects to find the correct one(s) that fit your situation best.

And, for the future, TRNG related questions should be asked in the TRNG section.

KingdomHearts
25-04-11, 13:21
This is a noob question but i wasn't able to find a solution xD . How to trigger e.g a Door after a puzzle was completed?

FloTheMachine
25-04-11, 13:27
1. Put a normal trigger for the door, on the square that the puzzle receptacle is on.
2. Immediately after setting the normal trigger, go to the trigger box, and change the trigger type to Key, and press trigger.

Then it should trigger. :D

KingdomHearts
25-04-11, 14:34
Thanks :hug: . Is there any possibility for a Flipeffect which forces Volumetric FX OFF using Trep ?

Titak
25-04-11, 14:34
Nope.
The door trigger shouldn't be the KEY trigger.

Select the puzzle-hole and place a KEY trigger for it underneath it.
Then put a normal trigger for the door on the same square.

FloTheMachine
25-04-11, 14:42
:o
Forgive me.

*sobs*

Laras Boyfr.
25-04-11, 14:42

This isnt the latest version.
Get instead v. 2.25 from here :

www.aspidetr.com/index.php?section=toolsvers&idtool=7

FloTheMachine
25-04-11, 14:43
I got a good bit into the Main Hall of the TRL manor,
I couldn't make heads or tails of that TR2Prj thingie, but at least things are moving along. :D

Thanks for all who helped. :p

KingdomHearts
25-04-11, 15:04
Well I have something strange too . Iam using the Examine3 Item in my WAD . I wrote the Text in the English.txt and applied the English.Bat . I converted the Script and STRINGS2/SCRIPT2 too . However it's not possible to convert the Script anymore because i get :

ERROR : Found Code

My level isn't working too but when i use the previous line it's working fine.

I still have that Issue . Any Idea :o ?

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 15:26
Hello! :p
Does anyone know any tool I can use to extract sound effects from TR1? I need some of
them for a level I'm making. :)

Tjw croft
25-04-11, 17:28
If you're looking for audioloops, look here: http://skribblerz.com/resources.htm about halfway down. For Lara and Enemy sounds.. No clue...

Just realized this is page 666... Creepy...

EDIT: Look here http://skribblerz.com/editortools.htm About 2/3rds of the way down: Tomb Ripper

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 19:03
If you're looking for audioloops, look here: http://skribblerz.com/resources.htm about halfway down. For Lara and Enemy sounds.. No clue...

Just realized this is page 666... Creepy...

EDIT: Look here http://skribblerz.com/editortools.htm About 2/3rds of the way down: Tomb Ripper
It says with Tomb Ripper that I need "MSVBVM50.DLL". I don't know what this is at all. :(:confused:

Kapu
25-04-11, 19:12
Google MSVBVM50.DLL and you'll probably find a download for it. Then stick it in the Tomb Ripper folder.

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 19:24
Google MSVBVM50.DLL and you'll probably find a download for it. Then stick it in the Tomb Ripper folder.
Well, I think that TombRipper only extracts TR3 sound tracks, and I wanted to extract the
TR1 sound effects, that's all. All that I'm asking is: does Tomb Ripper extract TR1 sound
effect files as well as TR3 Audio? Just curious. :o

Kapu
25-04-11, 19:25
No idea, Natey. Never used it before.

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 19:30
No idea, Natey. Never used it before.
I've apparently just checked, and nope, it only does .sfx and .wad files. :( I really need
those TR1 sound effects. :( If someone could kindly extract them, I would muchly
appreciate it, and I'll credit your help! :o:)

Kapu
25-04-11, 19:59
Well, what sound effects are you looking for? More than just Lara's sounds?

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 20:07
Well, what sound effects are you looking for? More than just Lara's sounds?
Well, all of Lara's sounds, and the weapon sounds. Nothing more. :o

Craig Michaels
25-04-11, 20:16
@HURLEYstickmen, is this what you're looking for?:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2813

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 20:26
@HURLEYstickmen, is this what you're looking for?:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2813
Myes, but I need the Magnum AND the Uzi sounds, tbh. :o

HURLEYstickmen
25-04-11, 20:58
I'm having trouble with WADMerger! D: It just crashes as soon as it loads up. It says "Not
Responding." Then it tells me I have to close the damn program! :hea: Can it be fixed? :hea::confused::hea:

Kapu
25-04-11, 21:23
Sounds like an issue with your computer, not WADMerger. Try restarting your computer.

HURLEYstickmen
26-04-11, 08:11
Sounds like an issue with your computer, not WADMerger. Try restarting your computer.
I just got on this morning, and it's now working fine! :) Anywhoozles, about those gun
sounds (Magnums & Uzis)? :o

EDIT: Now I can't export .dxf files in Meta 'coz of some stupid upload! That is BS!!! :hea::hea::hea::hea::hea:

Titak
26-04-11, 10:09
Not all Meta versions can export DXF.

HURLEYstickmen
26-04-11, 15:06
Not all Meta versions can export DXF.
Yes, but it says I need to register to export it. D:

Honey Bee
26-04-11, 15:09
Yes, but it says I need to register to export it. D:

If you want to export it on that version just click ctrl+a in meta and ctrl+c ,
then go on the oldest version click ctrl+v and export it :D

Titak
26-04-11, 16:25
Yes, but it says I need to register to export it. D:Go download another version then.
No need to register, there are versions which allow exporting of DXF whitout registering. :D

FloTheMachine
26-04-11, 17:04
A probably stupid question.
Quench my curiosity. :p

What does the 'Box' feature in the level editor do? :D

Matie
26-04-11, 17:09
It prevents enemies from going on certain squares. For example you can avoid them from getting stuck in a static object or you can simply just prevent them from going into a room where they shouldn't go.

TheTiger
26-04-11, 17:24
A probably stupid question.
Quench my curiosity. :p

What does the 'Box' feature in the level editor do? :D

When i first started i thought that that was a place where you had to put your pushable on to make them pushable :p

FloTheMachine
26-04-11, 17:31
I think, it's if an enemy is inside any sectors that are boxed, they stay within the box lines?

Tjw croft
26-04-11, 17:33
I've seen some enemies go to the edge of them. I think it does more to the AI, if you're on the other side of boxes, they don't seem to "See" you.

Phlip
26-04-11, 18:40
I'd like to offer my voice for voice acting. Where would I go to find requests for voice actors? :o

maximum_123
26-04-11, 18:41
I'd like to offer my voice for voice acting. Where would I go to find requests for voice actors? :o

And I'd like to play levels and listen to Phlip so make it happen.

FloTheMachine
26-04-11, 18:46
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=152814
:D

Underhoe
26-04-11, 18:53

:jmp:

Phlip
26-04-11, 19:15
I'll have a look.

There doesn't seem to be any requests. :(

Thanks you lot for loving my voice. XD

Laras Boyfr.
26-04-11, 19:31
I'll have a look.

There doesn't seem to be any requests. :(

Thanks you lot for loving my voice. XD

Well, I could use some VO for The Lost Dominion.
What is your voice like (I guess youre male)? :)

Phlip
26-04-11, 19:50
Well, I could use some VO for The Lost Dominion.
What is your voice like (I guess youre male)? :)

It's male, deep, and kinda Posh British.

What's the script like?

Titak
26-04-11, 19:59
Could we have an example of what you sound slike? Adn out it up here for people to listen too when they are looking for suiteble voice actors for their projects? :D

I'll probably need another male voice, perhaps even a replacement for Zip.

Phlip
26-04-11, 20:02
I wouldn't be able to do Zip. I bet my American accent would be crap.

I dunno what to give as an example. :o It depends what you need. :o

Titak
26-04-11, 20:10
Is Zip also American in TRL/TRU?
Hmmm... I guess. Never really noticed.
Absolutely Yank in TRC though. :D

As for what you could do for a sample:
You could take some lines from Alister or Winston or from some other game character. Just for the words, not for soundign exactly like them. :D

Phlip
26-04-11, 20:12
Yeah. I'll think of some lines that I like.

I'll probably use Lara lines. :D

HURLEYstickmen
27-04-11, 14:21
I have another question: For the TR1 Underwater Switch into TRLE, do I use UW switch 1
or 2? Basically, I'm using SG's TR1 lvl12 wad, and I need to know which slot the classic
UW switch is in. Is it slot 1, or slot 2? :confused:
EDIT: Never mind, I think I just found out... :o

Craig Michaels
28-04-11, 08:38
I am using Inchdix's version of the fire-spitting heads from the TR3 Tinnos level. However, they currently make Lara's jumping "hup" sound everytime they go up and down.
Is there a way I can avoid this? I'm using the original TRLE.

FloTheMachine
28-04-11, 09:32
^
I don't know. :o

Another stupid question. :p

if i have a wet and a cold room, will the Sprint bar appear and slowly drain, then Lara's health will drain? :confused:

Titak
28-04-11, 15:53
I am using Inchdix's version of the fire-spitting heads from the TR3 Tinnos level. However, they currently make Lara's jumping "hup" sound everytime they go up and down.
Is there a way I can avoid this? I'm using the original TRLE.Delete the sound from the animations of the dragon. (WADMerger Animation Editor).

Another stupid question. :p

if i have a wet and a cold room, will the Sprint bar appear and slowly drain, then Lara's health will drain? :confused:TREP or TRNG?
Cause when I used a cold waterroom in my HM levels (TREP) Lara's health bar would deplete right away.

KingdomHearts
28-04-11, 15:56
Which Animating do have collision and which not? And is it possible to add collision to an Animating Object?

Titak
28-04-11, 15:59
^
Adding collision to statics and animating (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=3746514#post3746514)

ANIMATING11 to ANIMATING16_MIP can't have collision if I remember correctly.

FloTheMachine
28-04-11, 18:18
Delete the sound from the animations of the dragon. (WADMerger Animation Editor).

TREP or TRNG?
Cause when I used a cold waterroom in my HM levels (TREP) Lara's health bar would deplete right away.

TRNG. :D
I think there some tutorial somewhere where it tells you how to calculate how slow it depletes, but I'm not 100%. :/

KingdomHearts
28-04-11, 18:26
I am looking for the TR 2 Gun Sounds (Shotgun , UZI) . I dont have the game installed so I can't rip them with some kind of tool. On TRSearch I didn't found anything so anyone have them :) ?

FloTheMachine
28-04-11, 18:28
The BtB 2010 pack had TR2 Samples didn't it?

KingdomHearts
28-04-11, 18:34
The BtB 2010 Package contains only textures and wad . The CS One contained sounds but not from TR 2.

Laras Boyfr.
29-04-11, 03:30
The BtB 2010 Package contains only textures and wad . The CS One contained sounds but not from TR 2.

Wrong. It contained a lot of TR2 Sounds (BtB)
I dont know if it was released, but the package had it

KingdomHearts
29-04-11, 07:00
Hmm on trsearch is only a package with WAD and Textures :( .

KingdomHearts
29-04-11, 13:12
I have another Problem . Because i had some problems with the gunflash and the flares I antitriggered all flame emitters in the rooms I already passed . But at the end of my Level (In the Outside area) you can see the flames at the sky :( . I always tried to set for all of them a antitrigger outside but it didn't work.

DJ Full
29-04-11, 16:44
I have a very strange crash here. Everytime I try to base a .wad on KV5 or Valley of the Kings (the ones containing a JEEP), the game crashes. Other .wads, like .catacomb or .city, work fine. Any clue?

It's NOT height limit (the program crashes on various elevations).

Titak
29-04-11, 17:24
Did you actually use one of those wads as a base and copied other objects into it for use in your level?
If that is so, I think it is best to copy objects from those wads into another base wad, for example the Catacombs wad.

Those K5 and Valley of the Kings wads weren't made for the TRLE, so they may contain something that does not work well with the TRLE.
The JEEP itself is ofcourse useable.
Isn\'t there a JEEP download somewhere which you could use instead of using one of those wads as a base?

DJ Full
29-04-11, 18:09
Did you actually use one of those wads as a base and copied other objects into it for use in your level?
Exactly.
If that is so, I think it is best to copy objects from those wads into another base wad, for example the Catacombs wad.

Those K5 and Valley of the Kings wads weren't made for the TRLE, so they may contain something that does not work well with the TRLE.
The JEEP itself is ofcourse useable.
Seems this was the reason indeed. I had this JEEP working before, but today I made a completely new .wad based on KV5. This was the moment when the jeep stopped to work. I had no idea picking a non-TRLE wad as a base for a custom one matters. I thought if something looks like a .wad, and it loads like a .wad, it's a .wad.
Isn\'t there a JEEP download somewhere which you could use instead of using one of those wads as a base?
Yes, there are many vehicles on trsearch - but it seems they are all customized. And I need the original one. But it works fine now, so never mind.

Titak
29-04-11, 19:22
Good to hear it is working now. :D

HURLEYstickmen
29-04-11, 19:31
I'm having some REEEAL trouble with Screamer... All the sounds are SERIOUSLY mixed
up, and I can't fix it! DX Any help, guys? Thanks... :(

KingdomHearts
29-04-11, 20:05
Is there any possibility to trigger a sound loop you can chosse from the sound menu in the NGLE because in some Rooms you can hear it and it isn't that nice.

Titak
29-04-11, 21:06
I'm having some REEEAL trouble with Screamer... All the sounds are SERIOUSLY mixed
up, and I can't fix it! DX Any help, guys? Thanks... :(
Take the original sounds.txt and start from there.

HURLEYstickmen
30-04-11, 09:19
Take the original sounds.txt and start from there.
OK, but I also don't know what the Load option is for. It can load any file, but which
specific file, though? .sam? .sfx? :confused:

Honey Bee
30-04-11, 09:28
OK, but I also don't know what the Load option is for. It can load any file, but which
specific file, though? .sam? .sfx? :confused:

You should open the sounds.txt in your sound/LevelSFX Creator .

HURLEYstickmen
30-04-11, 10:10
You should open the sounds.txt in your sound/LevelSFX Creator .
Oh, OK. Thanks. I'll see if it works... *checks* Nope, it's STILL mixed and muddled up,
and ALWAYS will be!!! :hea: Well, there's nothing I can do anymore... :(:mad:

tomb2player
30-04-11, 10:21
Hi,

I have problem with Earthquake null mesh. When i trigger this, it working unlimited time. How to make it working only 3 seconds? :D

Honey Bee
30-04-11, 10:29
Oh, OK. Thanks. I'll see if it works... *checks* Nope, it's STILL mixed and muddled up,
and ALWAYS will be!!! :hea: Well, there's nothing I can do anymore... :(:mad:

But what it mean "it's STILL mixed and muddled up"?
Hi,

I have problem with Earthquake null mesh. When i trigger this, it working unlimited time. How to make it working only 3 seconds? :D
I think you should type 3 in timer and hit the one shot button

HURLEYstickmen
30-04-11, 10:36
But what it mean "it's STILL mixed and muddled up"?
Oh, never mind. I just simply deleted the corrupt files and replaced them with the settomb
ones, so they're fixed now. :o I guess Screamer isn't for me, then. :( Oh well, there's
always WADMerger's Sound Manager, though. :o:)

Honey Bee
30-04-11, 10:39
I guess Screamer isn't for me, then.

I have problem with this tool too. It mean that sound are missing and messed up in your level?

HURLEYstickmen
30-04-11, 11:14
I have problem with this tool too. It mean that sound are missing and messed up in your level?
Well, technically, yeah. Some SFX are missing, others are in the wrong places, e.g.,
dying sound when firing Uzis, etc... Yeah, it's really annoying, that's why I use
WADMerger's Sound Manager for the job. :p

Honey Bee
30-04-11, 11:25
Well, technically, yeah. Some SFX are missing, others are in the wrong places, e.g.,
dying sound when firing Uzis, etc... Yeah, it's really annoying, that's why I use
WADMerger's Sound Manager for the job. :p

I have the same problem when using Screamer , but who knows, maybe we`re doing something wrong.

tomb2player
30-04-11, 11:44
I think you should type 3 in timer and hit the one shot button

Yes, but when i try to put trigger under switch, it says: " cannot overlap special triggers ". It only work with 0 in timer...

Titak
30-04-11, 12:04
Hi,

I have problem with Earthquake null mesh. When i trigger this, it working unlimited time. How to make it working only 3 seconds? :DFrom our OCB list in our tutorials section:
EARTHQUAKE
0 – Constant earthquake until anti-triggered
333 – 16 seconds of earthquake-sound, but no shaking
888 – 5 seconds of quake with at the end a heavy thud
So, you don't use a timed trigger, you use a specific OCB in the earthquake object.

@ Honey Bee and HURLEYstickmen:
No idea what you guys are doing with the sounds there. :confused:
Screamer works fine but you have to follow the rules for changing sounds.
(Whatever those rules are... can't describe them... I just use Screamer adn seem to do the right things...)

I do know that it is hard to get the sounds right again once they have been messed up which especially seems to happen when some downloaded object uses sfx samples whose name does not match any of the default TRLE samples, like TR2_***.wav sounds for example.

What has helped me in the past whenever I had messed up sounds was to use fresh copies of the .sfx and .sam files of one of the original TRLE wads.
I then renamed them to the name of my levelwad and started adding objects again OR I rebuild the wad from scratch (most foolproof way imo). Then, when the sounds would be right I would make a copy of the entire wadfiles set and only then would I start editing the sounds.txt.
That way I could always go back to the working version of my .sfx and .sam files in case something went wrong again. :D

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 13:37
Which OCB Entry is necessary to make pushables walkable?

Titak
30-04-11, 14:04
TREP or TRNG?

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 14:10
Trep.

DJ Full
30-04-11, 15:25
@ Honey Bee and HURLEYstickmen:
No idea what you guys are doing with the sounds there. :confused:
Screamer works fine but you have to follow the rules for changing sounds.
(Whatever those rules are...
There are at least two Screamer tutorials on skribblerz.com. Follow them and they should help You.

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 16:35
Now I have a really BIG problem . I just finished my level . After converting i put a playable Folder together with all necessary files . First it didnt't work because strings2 and script2 was missing . Now the first loading bar don't reach even the half of it and the game crashes . Seriously the exe of my "main" folder crashes too. Only a backup from the 29th April works :confused: :( .

DJ Full
30-04-11, 18:18
Now I have a really BIG problem . I just finished my level . After converting i put a playable Folder together with all necessary files . First it didnt't work because strings2 and script2 was missing . Now the first loading bar don't reach even the half of it and the game crashes . Seriously the exe of my "main" folder crashes too. Only a backup from the 29th April works :confused: :( .

You put the right title level in the package?

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 18:45
It works when ALL tr4 files from the trle are in the data folder . I also tried to delete the script entries from the script.txt and english.txt that are not necessary but then the exe won't start. And Yes i put the right title in it.

DJ Full
30-04-11, 19:17
Could it happen You are missing uklogo.pak?

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 19:49
No its in the data folder .

Soul
30-04-11, 19:56

Well, if the exe of your main folder crashes too that it hasn't got something to do with your playable folder.
I guess your latest prj-file is just messed. If the backup works, why not just loading this backup? It's just work of a day that's "lost" - should be easy to redo.

In order to help you better you could describe your problem a bit more detailed. Which things did you change in your prj since the backup?
When exactly does it crash? Something like "first" loading bar can be rather vague. Did the title even load or did the exe crash right at the beginning?
Could it be a script issue maybe?

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 20:50
I edited my first post it works when i put all tr4 files in the data folder . I tried to delete the lines in the script and english.txt that are not necessary but then the exe won't start. Also I deleted the tr4 files that are not necessary but like I said it doesn't work.

DJ Full
30-04-11, 21:08
I edited my first post it works when i put all tr4 files in the data folder . I tried to delete the lines in the script and english.txt that are not necessary but then the exe won't start. Also I deleted the tr4 files that are not necessary but like I said it doesn't work.And this is probably it. Number of lines in english must NOT change.

KingdomHearts
30-04-11, 21:36
I also tried only deleting the lines in script.txt but then it keeps crashing too :( .

FloTheMachine
01-05-11, 12:48
You shouldn't delete lines. :p
I can pass you on a working Script file and English file and see if that solves your problem?

KingdomHearts
01-05-11, 12:57
You can do that it would be lovely but my is working too IF all tr4 files are in the data folder but I only need 3 tr4 files so ... .

FloTheMachine
01-05-11, 13:03
If you only need 4 or five level files, have you deleted the [Leve] sections in your script? :)

KingdomHearts
01-05-11, 14:08
Yes but it still doesn't work. The exe keeps crashing.

FloTheMachine
01-05-11, 14:33
Does the title screen load?

KingdomHearts
01-05-11, 14:41
No the first loading bar fills within about 20% then it crashes.

HURLEYstickmen
01-05-11, 20:19
I need some help with the Semerkhet Mirror Puzzle, with the light beams. I will not be
using a puzzle item to activate it. I'll just be using thye light beams, the mirrors, and the
ball thing that the beams point to. Any help? I don't understand the tut on skribblerz.com. :(

Honey Bee
01-05-11, 21:16
No the first loading bar fills within about 20% then it crashes.

So , are you having custom Title flyby ? Try with the original one .

FloTheMachine
02-05-11, 11:01
So , are you having custom Title flyby ? Try with the original one .

I thought that.
Has your custom flyby worked previously? :)

KingdomHearts
02-05-11, 15:57
I am using the original one.

FloTheMachine
02-05-11, 17:58
It could be a script problem...
Camera setups and the like as well maybe?

Mystery-King
03-05-11, 21:52
Is it possible to make a shatter object shatter by using a switch and not by Lara shooting it? :)

Titak
03-05-11, 22:04
With TRNG:
Yes, with a flipeffect for statics. :D

With TREP:
I'm not sure. :o

With original TRLE:
I don't think so.

DJ Full
03-05-11, 22:13
@Titak,
@Mystery-King:

I think of using an illusion here.

KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR and SKELETON can shatter objects, can't they? So what about this:
- make a completely transparent skeleton
- point all StateID changes to loop its attack
- place the enemy next to a shatter object
- trigger it with a switch

So when the switch is pressed, an invisible SKELETON or KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR with looped attack animation appears next to the desired SHATTER and breaks it into pieces. A player will think it's Lara pressing a switch what destroys the object.

Of course, You will need to get rid of invisible enemy. Placing it on a hidden trapdoor will make him unable to chase Lara, and opening the trapdoor in the right moment should throw him out of the room, so his collision does not disturb. I made something like this in one of my Advent minilevels - I placed a SAS on a trapdoor, then it opened and closed again. A player was unable to notice it.