PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Tjw croft
08-08-11, 19:02
Yggdrasil

haha this seems to be a huge consensus lol. Yggradsil it is then :)

Tjw croft
08-08-11, 19:35
Ok sorry for the double post, but I've got another small problem. I'm trying to get a scorpion object to trigger a CD trigger, but it doesn't seem to work. Am I missing an OCB?

Seilion
08-08-11, 19:40
is the CD trigger set as a heavy trigger?

Tjw croft
08-08-11, 19:44
Yeah. And oneshot, since the place it's set on is a onesquare wide walkway around a deathpit, and I don't want the song coming on at random times when other "scorpions" run around the pit.

Titak
08-08-11, 20:31
Heavytriggers can only be activated by enemies when using the AI objects I think.
AI-object of some sort on the same tile as the heavy-trigger and then the enemy activates the trigger when it gets to the AI-object.

Not sure if AI objects work with the scorpion though...

Tjw croft
08-08-11, 20:31
Oh, ok..
Well I found a pretty nifty work around anyway :) Thanks :)

larafan25
08-08-11, 22:24
So....torches...and torch animations...which if I recall used to be in all wads...whatever becomes of them? Where can I find them? :/

Tombraider95
08-08-11, 22:27
So....torches...and torch animations...which if I recall used to be in all wads...whatever becomes of them? Where can I find them? :/

Arn't the animations already there yet the torch can be found in Guardian Of Semerket. If your thinking what im thinking.

larafan25
08-08-11, 22:28
I have no idea what you said, but I'll go download the Guardian of Semerket wad from TRC. If that has the torch and animation.

Isn't there a specific torch animation? Separate from the Lara object? Just like the pistols animation, and etc...?

Tombraider95
08-08-11, 22:29
I have no idea what you said, but I'll go download the Guardian of Semerket wad from TRC. If that has the torch and animation.

Isn't there a specific torch animation? Separate from the Lara object? Just like the pistols animation, and etc...?

Yes. Im sure it's all in the Guardian of Semerket WAD.

larafan25
08-08-11, 22:33
Yes! It's there! Thank you!:D

sapper
09-08-11, 04:59
So the game does not actually crash... I thought that's what happened when putting shine on joints. :confused:
Well, maybe in the old days it crashed.

So the joints that are actually shiny now are her elbows and knees. Although they do seem to have extra shiny edges at top and bottom which causes those hard lines.
The rest is either normal or messed up.

The knees and elbows have always been able to be shiny.

As for the game not crashing with the shine on the other joints maybe it's because of the changes Paolone made to TRNG to stop the game crashing if shine was present for a mesh which had static lighting.

Titak
09-08-11, 09:37
The knees and elbows have always been able to be shiny.I always thought there were problems with it. And you never see outfits with shiny joints as far as I know and that's why I thought is was not possible. :o

Well, might be nice to make it work properly. :D
Maybe with the help of some TRC coding build into TRNG somehow, since TRC had that shiny catsuit. :D

AgentFalkan
09-08-11, 11:25
One could instead make a catsuit without joints, like TR1-2-3 Lara models. So there shouldn't be that strange shininess only on knees and elbowes.

Nausinous
09-08-11, 14:18
8192 per object/mesh to be exact. :D

My STRPix has handled meshes with over 900 but I've also heard from people who can't get over 600 vertices per mesh in STRPix.
So it's a bit of trial and error...

If you are giving advise, Kosmos, you should post the entire correct answer and not just a few bits. :p
Because if Nausinous were to put that in the script it would not work at all.
It's missing a lot of things and the name and values are not even in the correct order either. And 1000 in your example suggests you want to add 1000 bullets to the gun when it is picked up...
He'll need to know where that information goes to make it work. :D

For ammo customisation you have to use the Customize=CUST_AMMO, SlotOfAmmo, Ammo flags (AMMO_....), Damage, ShotsForBox, ShotsWithWeapon, Extra, IdTriggerGroupWhenHitEnemy, DamageForExplosion, Speed, Gravity, IdAddEffectToAmmo, IdTriggerGroupAtEnd command.
Information about this command can ofcourse be found in NG_Center.
To make limited ammo you need to put a number in the ShotsForBox to tell the game how many bullets should be collected when picking up ammo and in the ShotsWithWeapon field you put how many bullets will already be in the gun when you pick it up.

A possible example:
Customize= CUST_AMMO, PISTOLS_AMMO_ITEM, IGNORE, 1, 6, 9, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

Well, this is just the TRNG solution.
I think this can also be achieved with TREP but I can't remember how. So if you are using TREP, then better check the TREP website. :p

Where do I edit the script and how, please?

Titak
09-08-11, 17:06
So I take it you are indeed using TRNG?
Well, use NG_Center. It's the TRNG tool for scripting.
The stuff I posted goes in the script and then put it in the [level] section of the level you want to use it in.

boyGenius72
09-08-11, 19:05
Hey everyone, I was just wondering...How can you get flickering light effects like in the Floating Islands level of TR2? It makes for an awesome effects :cln: when paired with lava falls, and I want that in my level.

THOR2010
09-08-11, 19:08
well theres the blinking light object.

boyGenius72
09-08-11, 19:11
I tried fiddling around with that and it doesn't seem to do anything... is there a tutorial on it somewhere?

THOR2010
09-08-11, 19:27
really, all i did was trigger it normally and a blinking light appeared in game.

boyGenius72
09-08-11, 20:09
I created a fresh WAD with WADMerger and saved it in the graphics/wads folder named float.was. I checked and it also created the swd,sfx,wad, and sam files. I created a fresh project, loaded my TGA, placed Lara, outputted the WAD (had to type float.TOM to create it). Then I opened ngtom2pc and converted it without errors. The tr4 file is created and I have a level section for it in my script. It click on the level in game and it crashes. What am I missing?

The diagnostic mentions the load camera, but how do I change it correctly if I can't enter the level to get the coordinates?

THOR2010
09-08-11, 20:13
is the font file in the graphices folder, are you missing default sprites? is there a lara object in your wad?

does anyone understand how to use the trep diary, when i try i just get 50 enties all saying update

TheTiger
09-08-11, 20:16
I created a fresh WAD with WADMerger and saved it in the graphics/wads folder named float.was. I checked and it also created the swd,sfx,wad, and sam files. I created a fresh project, loaded my TGA, placed Lara, outputted the WAD (had to type float.TOM to create it). Then I opened ngtom2pc and converted it without errors. The tr4 file is created and I have a level section for it in my script. It click on the level in game and it crashes. What am I missing?

The diagnostic mentions the load camera, but how do I change it correctly if I can't enter the level to get the coordinates?

You can't create a brand new WAD, you should use one of the ones that come with the leveleditor as a base, but you can save it over a new name ;)

THOR2010
09-08-11, 20:17
i create brand new ones all the time!:ton:

boyGenius72
09-08-11, 20:18
I was missing default sprites. But when my guns shoot they don't make a noise. (EDIT: Nothing makes a noise)I'm confused about what the .sfx file does in comparison to the sounds txt and that stuff.

EDIT AGAIN: acutally, the sounds missing seem to be random.

THOR2010
09-08-11, 20:19
well this isn't the proper way but it always works for me, take the original cleopal sfx file and sam file and rename them to whatever wad you using, it fixes the sounds for me all the time.

Titak
09-08-11, 20:39
Better use one of the revised wads as a base, like TheTiger said.
That way you'll know for sure your wad isn't missing any fital objects (like the default-sprites) and that the sounds are good to begin with.

Why make a wad from scratch anyway?
All you have to do then is copy loads of standard objects into it and then, additionally, load custom objects or objects from other wads in it.
Seems to me like this is taking more time than using one of the revised wads as a base. :confused:

boyGenius72
09-08-11, 20:58
True. I ended up copying my tut1. Is it possible to make weapons display different in the inventory? My uzis look small and far away :((compared to the rest of the inventory).

Titak
09-08-11, 21:07
Not possible to change that for weapons and medipacks.
Puzzle-items and such, yes, possible, but not with weapons. :(

The only way to make them appear bigger is to make them larger with Meta or scale them in WADMerger Animation Editor.

THOR2010
10-08-11, 01:57
does anyone know where i can find tr custom screen, the tool from skribblerz,but somewhere else when i download it from there it doesn't work, my spyware refuses to let it run, yet before i accidentally deleted it it worked fine, and when i scan it there nothing detected?

Kapu
10-08-11, 03:07
that's the only place i've seen it. i could send you my copy and see if it works for you.

THOR2010
10-08-11, 03:32
yes please:o

this is my current "project" that ill release, a fully working Sophia. by fully working i mean the outfit along with working eye of Isis staff. heres it so far. ill try to fix the staff stabbing her but no promises! ill also make the shooty stuff glow light greenish blue and if its possible make the explosion the same color as well.

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1593/shot000z.png
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/8048/shot001j.png
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/60/shot002a.png
lol, floating butts!

Tjw croft
10-08-11, 06:45
Ok, I have a problem. I've got a chamber that has to be at almost 100 clicks above the top of lara's head (Floor at 36, ceiling at124)
Problem is, the skygraphics show.
I've tried retexturing these, but this didn't work. Help?

EDIT: I decided to drop the whole thing 20 clicks, and it works, but still, I'd like to know what can be done.

Soul
10-08-11, 09:31
The problem about this setup is, that the LE cannot show such a huge distance by default. I think the biggest distance the LE can still show properly is an orb around Lara with a radius of 20 sectors/ 80 clicks.

With TREP or TRNG this can be easily changed though.

Not sure about TREP ( I think it's the "Drawing Distance Range" though) but with the TRNG this can be easily done with these two entries in the script (information can be found in the NG_Center)

Worldfarview:
Levelfarview:

THOR2010
10-08-11, 12:41
tjwcroft- i assume its the giant tunnel/pit in Atlantis, as a suggestion you should make it out of stacked rooms all 8 clicks in height, that way there are no stretched tiles above the doors coming off from it.

add the effects: still might change. for the ammo im using the different meteor artifacts.

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/5356/shot000.png
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/8606/shot002.png
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2979/shot005d.png

Tjw croft
10-08-11, 19:25
Soul: I'll have to look into that.

Thor: Not that room. Different room COMPLETELY. Something not in the original. Screens later today

boyGenius72
11-08-11, 16:42
@Tjw: This happened to me and I deleted the Layer 1 line in the script.

Tjw croft
11-08-11, 16:55
@Tjw: This happened to me and I deleted the Layer 1 line in the script.

YOU. ARE. Amazing!!!!!!! It worked! Thank you so freaking much!

klona
12-08-11, 13:59
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me how to allow a specific pushable block trigger something when landing on a specific block?
Another pushable is not allowed to trigger it.
Like in TR4, the pushable puzzle in citadel.
And one more thing, can anyone tell me where can i find the water puzzle like the one in Temple of Horus?
and Thanks :o

THOR2010
12-08-11, 14:04
the puzzle is in the .tr4 from the CD or on trsearch, i think

AgentFalkan
12-08-11, 14:23
Hey guys, can anyone please tell me how to allow a specific pushable block trigger something when landing on a specific block?
Another pushable is not allowed to trigger it.
Like in TR4, the pushable puzzle in citadel.
And one more thing, can anyone tell me where can i find the water puzzle like the one in Temple of Horus?
and Thanks :o

the puzzle is in the .tr4 from the CD or on trsearch, i think
The file name is JOBY5B.TR4

marceepaniq
12-08-11, 16:12
Is there a levelset based on Greece mithology ?
And do I need TRLE to play it ?

THOR2010
12-08-11, 16:17
on trle .net theirs a few greek or roman levels. last saga 1 athens, lost city of Pompeii, legend of ancient- unknown undergrounds. i don't know of ant based on mythology though

marceepaniq
12-08-11, 16:19
on trle .net theirs a few greek or roman levels. last saga 1 athens, lost city of Pompeii, legend of ancient- unknown undergrounds. i don't know of ant based on mythology though

Fair enough, thanks <333333

Tjw croft
12-08-11, 18:13
Ok, I've got a SLIGHT problem: I'm trying to use PRJmerge to put the top of the Atlantis huge chamber, where the Scion is, onto the rest of the level. Problem is, I keep getting a "Cannot load base project" when I try to merge them. Help??

FloTheMachine
12-08-11, 18:22
^
Not sure...
Could you not build the room yourself? :o

Tjw croft
12-08-11, 18:30
I already did. Textured and lit it too. And I really don't feel like having to do it all over again...

FloTheMachine
12-08-11, 18:55
Oh right. :o

Tjw croft
12-08-11, 19:13
Hence why I really was hoping someone could help... Does anyone have a functioning copy of it that I can send the two pieces to AND TRUST NOT TO REVEAL THINGS?

THOR2010
12-08-11, 21:41
if your using ngle it wont work.

Tjw croft
13-08-11, 05:36
Why not? Is there an alternative way to do this?

KyleCroft
13-08-11, 06:22
Unfortunately not. Project merge will not work on NGLE files.

skylark1121
13-08-11, 06:23
Why not? Is there an alternative way to do this?

It's really sad, but no... :(

Tjw croft
13-08-11, 07:06
Damnit... Why has nobody found a way to fix this?

Tjw croft
13-08-11, 12:24
Update: I just sat through and rebuilt the rooms..

Another question though:
How do I get a specific enemy type to stay visible after death?

THOR2010
13-08-11, 14:21
with trep in the main window use the disable enemy disappearancem, with trng use the customize command keep_dead_enemies

TheTiger
13-08-11, 14:33
I have a problem, i have 4 switches, and they trigger 4 flame_emitters wich all have to be on, once they are all on, they trigger a trapdoor:

This are the triggers for the trapdoor, they are on the same places as the flame_emitters:

HEAVY,TRAPDOOR, codebit 1 pressed
HEAVY,TRAPDOOR, codebit 2 pressed
HEAVY,TRAPDOOR, codebit 3 pressed
HEAVY,TRAPDOOR, codebit 4 and 5 pressed

But the trapdoor doesn't open :confused:

****EDIT****

This is not possible, cause the switches reset the flames the whole time, untill they are all on, so this puzzle is not possible cause the triggers get reset all the time... :(

Soul
13-08-11, 15:21
Of course this puzzle is possible, you just need to know how to do it properly. A "Heavy" Trigger under a FE does nothing (only if the FE is lit by a torch).

Instead do the following:

Switch 1:
-> Switchtrigger (with OCB 1 pressed) for switch 1
-> Trigger for Flame Emitter 1 (with OCBs 2,3,4,5 pressed)
-> Trigger for Trapdoor

Switch 2:
-> Switchtrigger (with OCB 2 pressed) for Switch 2
-> Trigger for FE 2 (with OCBs 1,3,4,5 pressed)
-> Trigger for Trapdoor

Switch 3:
-> Switchtrigger (with OCB 3 pressed) for switch 3
-> Trigger for FE 3(with OCB's 1,2,4,5 pressed)
-> trigger for Trapdoor

Switch 4:
-> Switchtrigger (with OCBs 4,5 pressed) for switch 4
-> Trigger for FE 4(with OCBs 1,2,3 pressed)
-> Trigger for Trapdoor

This way each time you press a switch one FE gets active, as for this object all the missing OCBs are pressed and if all 4 switches are pressed, the trapdoor will open.

It might be rather complicated thje first time, but the more you work with different OCB-setting the more complex puzzles can be created without even thinking about the glory that is TRNG.
Basically for an object to be triggered, all 5 OCBs have to be activated. By already activating some of the OCBs in the editor, only the remaining ones have to be activated (by a switch, a puzzle item or whatsoever) for the object to be triggered.

TheTiger
13-08-11, 15:27
But the problem is, that the flame emitters are triggered in an different way, for example:

switch 1: triggers flame_emitter 1, 3 and 4
switch 2: triggers flame_emitter 2, 3 and 1
switch 3: triggers flame_emitter 3 and 4
switch 4: triggers flame_emitter 4 and 1

So this is the kind of puzzle where you have to keep switching the switches till they are all on, and then the trapdoor opens, but the problem is that the LE resets the codebits everytime you use the switch :(

Soul
13-08-11, 15:35
Ah, I see - should be still possible though.
I can have a look at it, if you send me what exactly has to be done (which switch has to trigger which FE and so on)

If you don't want to make it public, you can also PM me :)

EDIT: After thinking about it for some more time i think it's indeed not possible, as long as a FE can't trigger anything. -.-

Tjw croft
13-08-11, 16:32
with trep in the main window use the disable enemy disappearancem, with trng use the customize command keep_dead_enemies

That'd be great except I only want it with one kind. I want the rest to explode. Does NEF_EXPLODE overrule keep_dead_enemies?

THOR2010
13-08-11, 16:38
hmm, i don't know never tried it, perhaps the peaces stay?!

Tjw croft
13-08-11, 17:23
Tried it, and blown up enemy parts dissapear while others stay.

Shauni
14-08-11, 00:19
I'm having a problem. When Lara dives into water the game crashes. I've had this problem before and all I needed to do was change the default sprites. I did that, and changed the Lara model too (just in case an animation was missing) and it still crashes. Any ideas? Its an ocean level so I kinda need her to swim lol

God Horus
14-08-11, 00:47
Is it when she dives into water or just jumps into water?

Shauni
14-08-11, 01:19
When she dives. No worries though, it appears to be working now for no reason. Crazy editor lol :rolleyes:

Jewlz420
14-08-11, 02:58
my quick question: is there any way constructing the shape of the room be fun? i find it a dull process and just eventually take out TR2PRJ and just copy a project file; it saves me from making the rooms. :( but it ruins the creativity....

what makes it not a dull process for me, i just think of what i always wanted to see in a tomb raider game and just put it down on paper first, come up with a few ideas for the room itself write those down also, and just start building, sometimes its good other times not so well, its just a trial and error process. well hope this helped, oh also listening to music seems to help me also.. but thats just me :D

EDIT: that was like one of the first comments,, xD sorry, kind of a late reply... =\

Tjw croft
14-08-11, 05:20
When she dives. No worries though, it appears to be working now for no reason. Crazy editor lol :rolleyes:
Do you have an underwater mirror? And what version of TRNG/NGLE are you using?

Baslakor
14-08-11, 22:27
Gentlemen, ladies.

I have a small issue that requires your help.

There are a couple of static objects in my room. I adjust the object tint to fit the surrounding area (which looks perfect in the editor), but ingame they ignore this and the objects have simply the same lightning as my room ambience.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!

anniversarytr11
14-08-11, 22:38
Does anyone have any advice for me. I can't find the right lighting for a level set inside a building at night. Some of the rooms are on fire but they all the same lighting at night with lights out and also the lighting of the streets outside at night too.

Tjw croft
14-08-11, 22:51
Gentlemen, ladies.

I have a small issue that requires your help.

There are a couple of static objects in my room. I adjust the object tint to fit the surrounding area (which looks perfect in the editor), but ingame they ignore this and the objects have simply the same lightning as my room ambience.

How do I fix this?

Thanks!
Don't statics auto-adjust to room ambience? Or is that something else? You might want to try PRJLighter

Baslakor
14-08-11, 23:00
Yes, these object adjust to ambience, but not to the surrounding lightbulbs. Is there a way to disable the auto-adjust?

Baslakor
14-08-11, 23:05
Does anyone have any advice for me. I can't find the right lighting for a level set inside a building at night. Some of the rooms are on fire but they all the same lighting at night with lights out and also the lighting of the streets outside at night too.

I prefer to set my ambience to 16-16-16. For outside lightsources use something like 48-100-152 and for fire 152-48-0. This gives it all a good contrast, nice colours and keeps it bright enough to see where you're walking. Just make sure you have enough lightsources. :)

Tjw croft
14-08-11, 23:09
Yes, these object adjust to ambience, but not to the surrounding lightbulbs. Is there a way to disable the auto-adjust?
I'm not sure... Sorry.

Baslakor
14-08-11, 23:22
No problem! :hug:

Or... could I move a static into a animationslot somehow? :pi:

God Horus
15-08-11, 05:22
In Strpix export it as dfx and reimport as a static.

Baslakor
15-08-11, 08:40
Wouldn't it be a static then? :P

sapper
15-08-11, 09:48
No. The moveable/static import dialog only changes the type of lighting of the object if you import the mesh back in the same slot.

anniversarytr11
15-08-11, 10:29
I prefer to set my ambience to 16-16-16. For outside lightsources use something like 48-100-152 and for fire 152-48-0. This gives it all a good contrast, nice colours and keeps it bright enough to see where you're walking. Just make sure you have enough lightsources. :)

Thank you ill see if it works :D

THOR2010
15-08-11, 22:18
made some transitions today for my project, but i thought incase anyone wanted any like these id post them.
http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/6943/38231177.png
the upper ones are the original tr4 ones apart from two

Zebra
15-08-11, 23:10
EDIT: Whoops. Just realised this belonged into the TRNG section.

Baslakor
15-08-11, 23:56
Thanks Sapper and Horus, will try. :)

Kapu
16-08-11, 03:22
i'm having an issue with an outfit i'm working on. the waist joint for some reason stretches to her lower right leg, but it connects properly to her chest mesh. in meta, the waist mesh vertices line up with the chest mesh (but not the pelvis mesh because it doesn't line up properly with its positioning, of course). i tried positioning the waist joint in the center of the axes in meta and see what happened then, and instead the mesh floats unstretched in the spot on the lower right leg where it stretched to before. any ideas on how i can get it working?

sapper
16-08-11, 11:07
See this part of my remapping tutorial.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=2992908&postcount=3

Kapu
16-08-11, 16:47
i actually followed your tutorial but i still have the issue. i think the offset for the mesh is the problem. i'm going to look into the program WAD explore. that's a really awesome tutorial, btw. :tmb:

KingdomHearts
16-08-11, 17:01
Anyone can say me what's up with my loading Screen? I have 3 Levels and 2 of them contain the manor. The second Level plays in another area and has a black loading screen.

http://www.abload.de/img/loadingscreen5k8z.jpg

THOR2010
16-08-11, 17:03
have you set up the load coordinates correctly

Kapu
16-08-11, 17:04
have you changed the load camera coordinates in the script to where you want it?

EDIT: beaten!

THOR2010
16-08-11, 17:09
oh wait, ur using trep right

THOR2010
18-08-11, 20:12
sorry for double post

How do you trigger animations in TREP, fpr like ingame cutscenes?

Shauni
19-08-11, 03:17
Hi =3

I've been working on my level set script and it's what I want but at the very bottom of my list there is "Cambodia 1984" and a down arrow. The Cambodia thing isn't a level and I can't press enter on it or select it at all, and even though there is a down arrow there is nothing down there. It's not in my script. Is it because the Cambodia 1984 is the first thing in the strings list? Anyone know how to get rid of it?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/BlueMoonCafe/c748eea3.jpg

!Lara Croft!
19-08-11, 03:23
You could try removing it from the ENGLISH.txt.
(though dont delete the line, just the letters)

EDIT: I have a problem. Ive added a lot of AOD sounds to my game and modded the sounds.txt. Now ive converted it with SFX_Example.bat but sounds only work in the Title.tr4, all the rest are now absent. The sounds arent in the wrong format as the menu ones work.

I believe this is due to my other wads not being present in the SFX_Example.bat, my question is, how do i add them?

And is there anything else that could cause this problem.

THOR2010
19-08-11, 14:46
i think the easiest way is to over right the original le wads with your so they're atomaticlayy in there, but when there not, i just edit the cleopal stuff in the sounds txt to the sounds i want in my level, run the sounds stuffs, then rename the cleopal.sfx and and the cleopal file(no extension on my computer) to the name of my wad.

!Lara Croft!
19-08-11, 15:12
That doesnt work. Still no sounds...

What could be wrong? The footsteps play, but nothing else. Its especially odd seeing as the Title.tr4 is working flawlessly with the same samples...

THOR2010
19-08-11, 15:50
what are u using to convert to the right format? because i couldn't get anysounds but the foot aod ones to work before.

larafan25
19-08-11, 16:21
Okay...

I have a puzzle and it won't work..

I have 4 pushable objects, each need to go on the right floor square to trigger a door opening. On each floor square is a "heavyswitch" trigger, and each square is numbered with the triggerbox window buttons, 1, then 2, then 3, then finally 4,5. This is the setup for the Five Pushable Objects puzzle, but because I am not using 5 pushables, the final trigger square is 4 and 5. Then, each pushable has the OCB button and text but as 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. Apparently this is supposed to work, but it doesn't.

The door does not open. :/

TheTiger
19-08-11, 16:24
Okay...

I have a puzzle and it won't work..

I have 4 pushable objects, each need to go on the right floor square to trigger a door opening. On each floor square is a "heavyswitch" trigger, and each square is numbered with the triggerbox window buttons, 1, then 2, then 3, then finally 4,5. This is the setup for the Five Pushable Objects puzzle, but because I am not using 5 pushables, the final trigger square is 4 and 5. Then, each pushable has the OCB button and text but as 1, then 2, then 3, then 4. Apparently this is supposed to work, but it doesn't.

The door does not open. :/

The last pushable ocb should be 4,5 too :)

larafan25
19-08-11, 16:25
The last pushable ocb should be 4,5 too :)

Oh for poop sakes. I did that, but I'll try again because I didn't do it after re-setting everything...

edit: In the text box or just the buttons?

Mulf
19-08-11, 16:29
If I remember right, the idea is that the buttons in the Set Trigger Type window should complement the OCB code of the corresponding pushable rather than mirror it, so for example:
Pushable with OCB 1, corresponding heavyswitch trigger has buttons 2–5 down.
Pushable with OCB 4, corresponding heavyswitch trigger has buttons 1–3 and 5 down.

larafan25
19-08-11, 16:36
It worked when I had both 4 and 5 buttons pressed in the final pushable's OCB.

Thanks!:D

TheTiger
19-08-11, 16:37
No problem :)

@mulf

That is with multiple switches and lighting flames with torches :)

Kapu
19-08-11, 16:38
EDIT: I have a problem. Ive added a lot of AOD sounds to my game and modded the sounds.txt. Now ive converted it with SFX_Example.bat but sounds only work in the Title.tr4, all the rest are now absent. The sounds arent in the wrong format as the menu ones work.

I believe this is due to my other wads not being present in the SFX_Example.bat, my question is, how do i add them?

And is there anything else that could cause this problem.

in particular, what sounds have you added other than footsteps? lara sounds, too?

Mulf
19-08-11, 16:47
@mulf

That is with multiple switches and lighting flames with torches :)

Oh, OK. Good thing I said "if I remember right", because apparently I didn't. :o

Well, I don't really like extended pushable puzzles, if that's a valid excuse. :p

TheTiger
19-08-11, 17:14
Don't mind, i feel the same way :p

Im getting an headache if i've setted up an puzzle and it is not working ><

leglion
19-08-11, 17:22
Why is it that every time i load up wadmerger that it says 'read switches: unknown version' and i can't see the name of the object i load?

Tomb_Builder
19-08-11, 17:29
replace the switches.dat and OBJECTS H files in the wadmerger folder

leglion
19-08-11, 17:32
replace the switches.dat and OBJECTS H files in the wadmerger folder

Replace it with what?

TheTiger
19-08-11, 17:40
If you use TRNG, there was something wrong when installing MK3 on XP with WADMerger, but that is not the problem with MK4 i guess, i don't know cuz i use windows 7

leglion
19-08-11, 17:44
If you use TRNG, there was something wrong when installing MK3 on XP with WADMerger, but that is not the problem with MK4 i guess, i don't know cuz i use windows 7

I didn't download MK4 or 3. :| Let me see if that's the problem.

leglion
19-08-11, 17:47
I got an error saying tant.exe can't be executed. :confused:

TheTiger
19-08-11, 18:11
Maybe install Visual Runtime's 5 and 6, but they where from Trsearch.org...

Tjw croft
19-08-11, 18:12
Tools are still on trsearch, I believe

leglion
19-08-11, 18:20
Maybe install Visual Runtime's 5 and 6, but they where from Trsearch.org...

Both?

Tjw croft
19-08-11, 18:25
Both?
Nah, I think he only needs 6. I've had the NGLE/TRNG install problem cause of VB, and it's installing 6 that worked.

TheTiger
19-08-11, 18:38
5 Was for WADMerger if im correct, and 6 indeed for other programs :)

Caesum
19-08-11, 18:51
Links for tools still work, I've tried it. :D

anniversarytr11
19-08-11, 19:01
Could someone link me to some doors I need. I need some vent doors that open with a horizontal swing, well basically a door set with that open horizontally. Included double doors that are two block squares high. I say this because I have doors but they are open by sliding vertically.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:07
Now it's crashing. -.-

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:08
Kay, what crap do I press to export a DXF from Meta for Strpix?

The tut I used to use is on TRsearch which is ....well...you know. :/

leglion
19-08-11, 19:10
Kay, what crap do I press to export a DXF from Meta for Strpix?

The tut I used to use is on TRsearch which is ....well...you know. :/

Save it as a DXF then import it in Strpix.

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:11
Save it as a DXF then import it in Strpix.

But that menu pops up when I save as DXF, I don't know what to do there.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:13
But that menu pops up when I save as DXF, I don't know what to do there.

You know those flip buttons? press the middle one. Then press invert and i think that's pretty much it.

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:16
I keep getting an error when importing to strpix. :/

leglion
19-08-11, 19:19
I keep getting an error when importing to strpix. :/

What does it say?

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:22
This...

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu356/larafan25/poo.png

Should I be importing as any specific mesh number? I'm just importing a light beam. :/

leglion
19-08-11, 19:25
This...

Should I be importing as any specific mesh number? I'm just importing a light beam. :/

I have no idea. Never encountered that. :\

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 19:29
This...

Did you applied all the meshes of the scene to a/some layer(s)? Sorry I don't know how it is in Meta as I use a different program.
EDIT: And the layers must have specific names like described in StrPix help file.

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:30
^Yes, it's just a pipe. Literally one primitive and I deleted a side. :/

When I import to Strpix. Do I choose moveable or static mesh? Does the number matter? :/

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 19:33
I don't really know what this number means, I always let it as it is (16 by default I think).
You should choose Static if it's a mesh you'll use for a STATIC object in the editor (these are the objects just for decoration, usually). If the mesh is for an ennemy, animating object or Lara, you should check "Moveable", I think.

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:35
Hmm...

I tried with leaving the number at 16 but it still didn't work.

I believe the number is for importing the mesh into a specific slot, handy for editing the mesh of Lara's skin.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:41
Okay, so like, i totally just installed both 5 and 6 and I'm still not seeing the name of the objects. :(

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:42
Okay, so like, i totally just installed both 5 and 6 and I'm still not seeing the name of the objects. :(

Are you talking about the visual runtimes for wadmerger?

Because I have both of them and I can't see the textures on the objects in wadmerger, everything is gray.

THOR2010
19-08-11, 19:43
do you have the latest wadmerger?

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:44
Me?:p

I don't think so, I just downloaded whatever version I could find on TRsearch before it was all gone.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:46
do you have the latest wadmerger?

I have version 1.98

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 19:47
Are you talking about the visual runtimes for wadmerger?

Because I have both of them and I can't see the textures on the objects in wadmerger, everything is gray.
Oh I had this ! I think you should try a different version of Wad Merger, as that problem was gone for me since I'm using another version.

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:48
Oh I had this ! I think you should try a different version of Wad Merger, as that problem was gone for me since I'm using another version.

Okay, I'll download another version when I find one.:p

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 19:49
I can upload mine if you want, it's 198-beta3.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:50

What version are you using?

larafan25
19-08-11, 19:51
I can upload mine if you want, it's 198-beta3.

That's fine, I'll just keep the one I have for now. :)

Thanks though.:D

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 19:55
What version are you using?
I have now 1.98 beta 3 for one year.

leglion
19-08-11, 19:58
I have now 1.98 beta 3 for one year.

That's what I'm using and it still doesn't work. :(

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 20:00
:/ How doesn't it work? Doesn't it run at all?

leglion
19-08-11, 20:03
:/ How doesn't it work? Doesn't it run at all?

No the name of the objects aren't appearing. :\

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 20:06
:( Never experienced that. Maybe there's some problem with OBJECTS.H file. Make sure it is present inside the WadMerger folder.

leglion
19-08-11, 20:07
:( Never experienced that. Maybe there's some problem with OBJECTS.H file. Make sure it is present inside the WadMerger folder.

It is. Maybe it corrupted?

AgentFalkan
19-08-11, 20:17
I think this version of WadMerger is for TRNG, not the classic TRLE, as the OBJECTS.H file contains also TRNG slots such as 'Extra' slots and slots about rubber boat etc.

Try this:
- backup the current OBJECTS.H file.
- Copy the OBJECTS.H file from TRLE folder into the WadMerger folder.
- Run WadMerger and load a wad.

Kapu
19-08-11, 20:21
you mean the current version of WADMerger? it supports NG slots, but it is designed for use with the original editor.

leglion
19-08-11, 20:38
The thing is, it worked at first but after playing around with it and LE, BOOM it happened. :confused:

Titak
19-08-11, 21:15
You know those flip buttons? press the middle one. Then press invert and i think that's pretty much it.That's one out of 4 important things that should be checked when saving a DXF in Meta.
Multiply and Digit values are also important to get the size right and "triangle has four points" is probably the most important thing that should be ticked when saving an object. The object gets totally messed up when this box isn't ticked.
(Third post in THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79223) (unfinished) tutorial.)

When I import to Strpix. Do I choose moveable or static mesh? Does the number matter? :/Yes, but it can also be another number.
Read the rest of this post to find out. :p

I don't really know what this number means, I always let it as it is (16 by default I think).
You should choose Static if it's a mesh you'll use for a STATIC object in the editor (these are the objects just for decoration, usually). If the mesh is for an ennemy, animating object or Lara, you should check "Moveable", I think. You think correctly. :D

I believe the number is for importing the mesh into a specific slot, handy for editing the mesh of Lara's skin.Nope, it is the lighting setting for statics.
1 being the brightest light, 31 being the darkest light (makes the object black).
It is easiest to keep setting 16 when importing because you can always adjust the lighting with the Lighting Editor later on. Adding shadows and highlights and such.
(ONLY for objects imported as "static"!)

See what difference it makes when shadows and highlights are added to statics in THIS (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=166808) tutorial.

THOR2010
20-08-11, 01:13
lol, ive imported old lara with weapons into the TR4 angor levels! and everything works fine:)
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3081/65245038.png

!Lara Croft!
20-08-11, 01:54
in particular, what sounds have you added other than footsteps? lara sounds, too?

I have replaced all of lara's sounds, and the menu sounds. Now it cant be the format, as the menu sounds and LARA_BREATH work perfectly in the main menu, but they dont work in the levels.

THOR2010
20-08-11, 02:33
are the file sizes too big?

!Lara Croft!
20-08-11, 02:35
They are almost the same as the defaults, as they are all AOD sounds in the correct format.

EDIT: Symsi helped me solve the problem.

Po Yu
20-08-11, 10:59
Hello everyone,
I have two questions about building level. Is there any way to stop the earthquake when rolling rock is rolling? Also, is it available to make one time triggered teeth spikes?

Titak
20-08-11, 11:15
Is there any way to stop the earthquake when rolling rock is rolling? If you are using TRNG, then yes, there is a very easy solution: type 1 in the OCB of the rollingball. :D

If you are not using TRNG, then you'll have to find a spot in the level where the rollingball doesn't cause that earthquake and sound when Lara is in other rooms.
In my HM levels I once had to place a rollingball room way up above the rest of the room, right in the middle of the 2D window.

Also, is it available to make one time triggered teeth spikes? Like going up once and back down again and after that they are disabled?
If os, then yes, this is possible through the OCB. :D
OCB code list (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=80730)

TheTiger
20-08-11, 11:17
its all done with OCB codes:

are you using trng?

rollingball, you can set silence mode in TRNG with OCB code 1
http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/nglerollingballs.htm

teethspikes:
http://www.skribblerz.com/tutspikes.htm

Titak! :mad: :p

Always faster then me! XD

FloTheMachine
20-08-11, 11:18
:vlol:

Titak
20-08-11, 11:31
Sorry... :vlol:

Btw, you didn't post the same links so your post is not a waste of forumspace. :D

Po Yu
20-08-11, 11:45
thank you for advices, I think I'll try make rolling ball room far away from where Lara will be. up above them is a good idea, I will try it. thanks!
the teeth spike, I meant, can I make the trigger of that "one shot"? An other question,Can I make object invisible before Lara triggered it?

Titak
20-08-11, 12:20
"One shot" should work for teeth-spikes but I'm not sure if it is what you want/need.

With the original TRLE you can press the "invisible" button in the OCB of the animating. It will then be invisible untill it is triggered.
TRNG (and possibly TREP too) has more options to make objects invisible and then visible again. Even with statics.
But I'm guessing you are using the original TRLE, since you are going for the "room above the rest" option for the rollingball earthquake issue.

Po Yu
20-08-11, 12:41
But I have to active 3 spikes at one time, and if I make it "one shot" I cant place 3 of triggers at the same place.
I wanted make medipack invisible before Lara switch level, but it's not animating, so I guess that's impossible? :O

TheTiger
20-08-11, 13:34
Sorry... :vlol:

Btw, you didn't post the same links so your post is not a waste of forumspace. :D

that sure is one good thing then :vlol:

Po Yu, you cannot make an ''one shot'' trigger, but you can watch the link i sended you, there are ocb codes for Spikes out and back in once, then the teethspikes only get activated once ;)

THOR2010
20-08-11, 13:39
Im trying to make an eye for my sphinx, an old faded paint one and this is my result. how does it look?

http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7643/13647758.png

or

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/8411/49709382.png

TheTiger
20-08-11, 13:51
Looks cool, but maybe make it a little bit less transparent? :)

THOR2010
20-08-11, 13:56
i don't think ill be able too, not that knowledgeable with texture editing,i did it by making a transition from a light layer to a dark one, like normal transitions, but this is what happened when i tried! kinda like it
http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9928/32245302.png

TheTiger
20-08-11, 13:57
That's much better! :tmb: do you use gimp? there you can use the clone stamp tool on an colour and paint it on the bricks, and you can set the transparenty :D

THOR2010
20-08-11, 13:58
yes i do use gimp, thanks ill try that:)

TheTiger
20-08-11, 13:59
Good luck! :D

FloTheMachine
20-08-11, 21:34
How do I make a rollingball make a splash when it hits water? :)

Mytly
20-08-11, 21:40
Are you using TRNG? It can be enabled using one of the OCBs (I can't remember which number exactly, but you can look it up in NG Center easily).

FloTheMachine
20-08-11, 21:41
OCB 32. :D
Thank you. Forum effect kicked in. :o

:}hello friend
21-08-11, 01:10
I get some error messages when I open up NGLE Center.

Can't find, help_new_command_script, and help_old_command_script?

Do I need these things? Where can I get them?

Uzi master
21-08-11, 01:20
I can't remember if trapdoors require any special settings, but I just tried to place one and trigger it when Lara walks over it, but it won't open. Anyone know why?:o

!Lara Croft!
21-08-11, 08:04
Im having trouble with a pulley.

In tomb of set, lara pulls a pulley, that opens a door + triggers a camera for two seconds and a target.

I have copied the objects into my wad and set it up the same. Pulley OCB 1, switch trigger for pulley beneath. Trigger for door atop that. Then trigger for camera (Timer: 1 sec), and TARGET for camera target.

Ingame i pull the pulley, the camera triggers, the target triggers but the door doesnt open. I am confused. Isnt that the correct setup?

Titak
21-08-11, 10:07
I get some error messages when I open up NGLE Center.

Can't find, help_new_command_script, and help_old_command_script?

Do I need these things? Where can I get them?In TRNG section please.
And more info needed, like which version your TRNG and NG_Center/Scripter have.

!Lara Croft!
21-08-11, 11:39
Okay the pulley problem is solved, thank you Symsi.

New problem.

I need the door to enter its 'closing' animation as soon as its opened. How would i go about this? I tried putting it on a timer, but i get 'cannot overlap heavy triggers' when trying to trigger the timed door on the switch/PULLEY square.

So essentially i just want a pulley to activate a timed door with a camera showing it...thats possible isnt it?

tombraider1703
21-08-11, 11:52
Does anybody know why the lighting on the incubator on trseach looks so weird?
and how i could fix it?
http://i55.************/a0ucrn.jpg

!Lara Croft!
21-08-11, 11:54
Its the standard 'movable' lighting. Cant be helped im afraid. Looked alright in TR1 as there was no lighting other than the occasional shadow bulb.

You could try giving it a 'meaty' texture so it doesnt stand out.

Another idea is to export all the meshes with stripix then reimport them as statics, may or may not work.

tombraider1703
21-08-11, 11:55
Its the standard 'movable' lighting. Cant be helped im afraid. Looked alright in TR1 as there was no lighting other than the occasional shadow bulb.

You could try giving it a 'meaty' texture so it doesnt stand out.

is there a way to get a staic lighting on a moveable object?

THOR2010
21-08-11, 11:58
don't know^ but you could replace all those little pieces with a single sphere so the lighting looks normal.

tombraider1703
21-08-11, 12:30
Just followed !laracroft!'s advice and i think it looks better now :)

http://i55.************/a0ucrn.jpg
http://i54.************/t0jf9e.jpg

TheTiger
21-08-11, 12:34
It does look a bit better, what if you put on a spot light aimed to the movable, maybe the lightning will be better then :confused:

tombraider1703
21-08-11, 12:45
I just put a light bulb near the incubator and now there are no lighting cracks on the object anymore :)

http://i56.************/2ds2141.jpg

though the red might be a bit too heavy

TheTiger
21-08-11, 13:11
It looks nice like that, especially in a big room like this! :D

Titak
21-08-11, 13:29
New problem.

I need the door to enter its 'closing' animation as soon as its opened. How would i go about this? I tried putting it on a timer, but i get 'cannot overlap heavy triggers' when trying to trigger the timed door on the switch/PULLEY square.

So essentially i just want a pulley to activate a timed door with a camera showing it...thats possible isnt it?Did you put the timer on the SWITCH trigger for the pulley? Because that's where the timer should be, not in the trigger for the door.

is there a way to get a staic lighting on a moveable object?Export the mesh (or meshes) with STRPix, then import it back in with the "static" option ticked. :D

As for your incubator:
I didn't mind the cracks in the new version with the fleshy textures.
The newly added lightbulb makes it quite bright. Too bright imo.

aidanmalone
21-08-11, 13:35
Hello :wve:
I installed Meta the other day to try, and created half of my face, but I see no mirror option when I select the portion I want.
Do I need a different version of the program? I have version 2.4

tombraider1703
21-08-11, 13:35
Export the mesh (or meshes) with STRPix, then import it back in with the "static" option ticked. :D

As for your incubator:
I didn't mind the cracks in the new version with the fleshy textures.
The newly added lightbulb makes it quite bright. Too bright imo.

I toned the light bulb down and now it looks better :) thanks for all the help! :)

FloTheMachine
21-08-11, 13:36
The incubator looks too red. :o

EDIT*

Titak beat me. xD

Titak
21-08-11, 13:43
Hello :wve:
I installed Meta the other day to try, and created half of my face, but I see no mirror option when I select the portion I want.
Do I need a different version of the program? I have version 2.4It is in the "Selected" dropdown menu. :D

I toned the light bulb down and now it looks better :) thanks for all the help! :)Sounds good. :tmb:
And you're welcome. :D

aidanmalone
21-08-11, 13:55
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/2098/mirrorcu.png
I don't see it anywhere :o
I'll keep trying different solutions anways :)

Mulf
21-08-11, 14:15
Have you checked that the "Basic Mode" option (in the File menu) is unticked?

Other than that, I think the version 2.4 that you're using is "shareware", which may mean that some features are disabled. I'm using the free full version 2.3b2, and am not missing any features. :)

THOR2010
21-08-11, 18:41
dumb question! to see fog bulbs is volumetric fx enabled or disabled?

AODfan
21-08-11, 18:45
Volumetric FX has to be enabled

THOR2010
21-08-11, 18:47

aidanmalone
21-08-11, 19:41
Have you checked that the "Basic Mode" option (in the File menu) is unticked?

Other than that, I think the version 2.4 that you're using is "shareware", which may mean that some features are disabled. I'm using the free full version 2.3b2, and am not missing any features. :)

It works now :D
Basic Mode was ticked
Thanks for your help :hug:

!Lara Croft!
22-08-11, 00:09
Did you put the timer on the SWITCH trigger for the pulley? Because that's where the timer should be, not in the trigger for the door.

I put the timer of 1 sec on the switch trigger, now the camera doesnt go back to lara, and the door doesnt open at all.

I need.

Pulley to open door, door on a timer of 23 secs.
Pulley to activate camera + target for 2 secs showing the door open.
And the ability to repeat both of the above if the player fails the run.
Is that too much to ask of the engine? Because its refusing to co-operate.

EDIT: Solved. Symsi and i managed to get the puzzle working with the door in an ANIMATING slot and TRNG force anim commands.

Orava
22-08-11, 07:42
In some rooms in my level, flame light starts randomly flashing on the screen. I thought it might be because I have too many flame emitters on at the same time, but is 12 emitters really too much? They're not even all in the same room.

Uzi master
22-08-11, 07:46
In some rooms in my level, flame light starts randomly flashing on the screen. I thought it might be because I have too many flame emitters on at the same time, but is 12 emitters really too much? They're not even all in the same room.

yes, it is.

If they're in different rooms try and be creative with triggers, anit-triggers and regulars triggers everywhere!

Also if you trigger the flames at a certain point, like with a torch you can use trigger-triggerers with it.

!Lara Croft!
22-08-11, 07:58
I get the flashing...and i only have two active...

Orava
22-08-11, 08:09
yes, it is.

If they're in different rooms try and be creative with triggers, anit-triggers and regulars triggers everywhere!

Also if you trigger the flames at a certain point, like with a torch you can use trigger-triggerers with it.

Yeah, thanks. It seems I gotta plan this more carefully. The annoying thing about antitriggers is that you can't place more than one on the same square.

Titak
22-08-11, 09:58
The annoying thing about antitriggers is that you can't place more than one on the same square.You don't have to.
Place one anti-trigger and place regular triggers for all other things that need to be antitriggered on the same square and everything will be anti-triggered.

Mytly
22-08-11, 17:38
I put the timer of 1 sec on the switch trigger, now the camera doesnt go back to lara, and the door doesnt open at all.

I need.

Pulley to open door, door on a timer of 23 secs.
Pulley to activate camera + target for 2 secs showing the door open.
And the ability to repeat both of the above if the player fails the run.
Is that too much to ask of the engine? Because its refusing to co-operate.

EDIT: Solved. Symsi and i managed to get the puzzle working with the door in an ANIMATING slot and TRNG force anim commands.
Why do you need such a roundabout solution? :confused: The triggers are quite simple:

Pulley to open door, door on a timer of 23 secs. - Switch trigger for pulley with a timer of 23 seconds + regular trigger for door

Pulley to activate camera + target for 2 secs showing the door open. - regular trigger for camera with a timer of 2 seconds + regular trigger for target (set to TARGET not OBJECT)

And the ability to repeat both of the above if the player fails the run. - That depends on the OCB of the pulley, but I think the default one (0) will do.

What people tend to forget is that camera triggers are the exception to the rule of not stacking special triggers. A camera can have a different timer than the other triggers on the same square. :)

FloTheMachine
22-08-11, 20:35
Are any doors compatible with the cog switch? (wheel switch)

klona
23-08-11, 00:39
Hey guys, i was wondering if is it possible to make TRLE have Multiplayer (Both Online and Offline) in it?
Just an idea. :p

THOR2010
23-08-11, 01:45
is there a way to trigger the finish of a level when lara picks up an item when an enemy dies? but, in the room i have multiple special triggers on the floor. and the pickup can't overlap them?

!Lara Croft!
23-08-11, 01:53
Why do you need such a roundabout solution? :confused: The triggers are quite simple:

Pulley to open door, door on a timer of 23 secs. - Switch trigger for pulley with a timer of 23 seconds + regular trigger for door

Pulley to activate camera + target for 2 secs showing the door open. - regular trigger for camera with a timer of 2 seconds + regular trigger for target (set to TARGET not OBJECT)

And the ability to repeat both of the above if the player fails the run. - That depends on the OCB of the pulley, but I think the default one (0) will do.

What people tend to forget is that camera triggers are the exception to the rule of not stacking special triggers. A camera can have a different timer than the other triggers on the same square. :)

I found out such a roundabout solution is needed because of the pulley's coding. It refuses to act as a 'timed' item. And it needs the OCB of 1 to work, 1 - 1 pull, 2 = 2 pulls, 3 = 3 pulls...

Mulf
23-08-11, 03:14
Are any doors compatible with the cog switch? (wheel switch)

DOOR_TYPE3 in the guard.WAD is one of them, I think.
If it isn't: Yes there are, nevertheless. :)

Hey guys, i was wondering if is it possible to make TRLE have Multiplayer (Both Online and Offline) in it?

Dream on.

is there a way to trigger the finish of a level when lara picks up an item when an enemy dies? but, in the room i have multiple special triggers on the floor. and the pickup can't overlap them?

Assuming that the special triggers you mention are Key triggers that trigger the pickup into existence (no TRNG stuff, right?): Looks like you have to use a flipmap. Make the Key trigger trigger a flipmap, and place the pickup trigger in the flipmap.

THOR2010
23-08-11, 12:39
ahh, thanks^:hug:

btw, anyone ever had the problem in windows wp where it just beeps twice and doesn't start up?

klona
23-08-11, 14:30
Dream on.
SURE THING. :mis:
But it's weird that the engage version of TR1 had multiplayer. (i heard it has been shutdown now)

Laras Boyfr.
23-08-11, 14:43
SURE THING. :mis:
But it's weird that the engage version of TR1 had multiplayer. (i heard it has been shutdown now)

It was just a Highscore battle. You could see how fast the best player was in the speedrun and compare it with your own time and movements.
Nothing really multiplayerish.

THOR2010
23-08-11, 14:44
accept for killing stuff!

klona
23-08-11, 14:49
But it's cool.

Compass
23-08-11, 15:07
Does anyone know where I can get these textures (the cave/wall textures)

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8443/screen0001m.png

I've sended Maax a message but didn't got a answer back :(

anniversarytr11
23-08-11, 21:06
Does anyone know where I can get these textures (the cave/wall textures)

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/8443/screen0001m.png

I've sended Maax a message but didn't got a answer back :(
The same for me, textures like these, would help me out alot
Could someone link me to some doors I need. I need some vent doors that open with a horizontal swing, well basically a door set with that open horizontally. Included double doors that are two block squares high. I say this because I have doors but they are open by sliding vertically.
and also I posted this a few days back, anyone help?

THOR2010
23-08-11, 21:38
maybe they were made from screenshots taken of the TR game trailer?

i have a problem, im using trep, and whenever i triggeer a new background audio track it never works, or it only works one way, all of them are above 105, ingame if i go over one it might trigger, but then when i try to trigger back it doesn't work, or it doesn't work at all? does it matter if they're in the same room?

Matie
23-08-11, 21:42
You can only trigger an audio once in a level, it won't play if it's triggered for the second or third time within the same level. (If that's what you mean.) But if you're using TRNG you can trigger it again with a flipeffect, it can be played more times that way.

Edit: oh, I missed the 'background audio' part. I should sleep... o.o

THOR2010
23-08-11, 21:49
darn:(, i think ill switch back to TRNG!

Uzi master
23-08-11, 21:50
maybe they were made from screenshots taken of the TR game trailer?

i have a problem, im using trep, and whenever i triggeer a new background audio track it never works, or it only works one way, all of them are above 105, ingame if i go over one it might trigger, but then when i try to trigger back it doesn't work, or it doesn't work at all? does it matter if they're in the same room?
I'm having the same problem, its weird, I know Titak used TREP for himilayan mysteries and it had working audio-loop switches.
You can only trigger an audio once in a level, it won't play if it's triggered for the second or third time within the same level. (If that's what you mean.) But if you're using TRNG you can trigger it again with a flipeffect, it can be played more times that way.
He's talking about audio loops, it even says in the manual you can trigger looped audio in a level, for going inside to outside in a same level for instance, and they should trigger each time you pass it.

Plus audio can be triggerd at least five times anyway by using the five buttons.

Titak
23-08-11, 21:54
He's talking about audio loops, it even says in the manual you can trigger looped audio in a level, for going inside to outside in a same level for instance, and they should trigger each time you pass it.

Plus audio can be triggerd at least five times anyway by using the five buttons.You beat me to it! :D
Very correct answer.

It does work for looped audio slots. :D

Uzi master
23-08-11, 21:59
Hehe :p

Now we just need to figure out why its not working... Though I'm starting to suspect the triggers in NGLE may be messing it up, because they're meant to work the TRNG, could be the version of NGLE is too new.

THOR2010
23-08-11, 21:59
is there a special thing u have to do for looped ones, cause ive examined the original loop triggers in the karnak prj and coastal and mine look exactly the same? but don't work.

the trigger is the same as the normal CD one

larafan25
24-08-11, 01:17
Does anyone know how I can move the line on broken tiles? So it point in a different direction?

THOR2010
24-08-11, 02:20
hold alt and click

THOR2010
24-08-11, 13:01
Hehe :p

Now we just need to figure out why its not working... Though I'm starting to suspect the triggers in NGLE may be messing it up, because they're meant to work the TRNG, could be the version of NGLE is too new.

i ran my level with TRNG and the audio works fine? same triggers as before, normal cd ones?

sorry for double post

Atlantisfreak
26-08-11, 16:21
I just thought i'd ask, I just got this new mac and my question is, does all the programs work with it? I'm talking about WADMerger, TBuilder, And TRCustomTitle (or whatever it's called). Do they?

Titak
26-08-11, 16:49
Not as far as I know.
No TREP, NGLE and TRNG either.

Atlantisfreak
26-08-11, 17:04
Not as far as I know.
No TREP, NGLE and TRNG either.

really? like, really really? and there's no solving these problems either? :confused:

Shauni
26-08-11, 17:42
really? like, really really? and there's no solving these problems either? :confused:

To make these things work you have to dualboot your Mac (adding Windows). That way you have your Mac and then can just restart into Windows when you want to level edit. Without Windows the tools simply will not work.

Titak
26-08-11, 17:44
Well, there is a way to run Windows OS/programs on a Mac when you have a "dual something" on it...
But I don't know what it is called how this works exactly.
The thing is that you need a Windows version running on your Mac somehow since Windows software (like NGLE/TRNG and so on is) is quite different from Mac software and they are not compatible.

Gerty has a Mac and she might know exactly although she does not have that "dual something" on her Mac. She also has a regular computer on the side for TRLE stuff. She does not often post here but she does frequently have a look at this forum. :D

In the meantime, someone else famliar with Mac might knwo too. :D

*** EDIT ***
Beaten to it! :D
Dualboot it is then. :D

Los Angeles
26-08-11, 18:14
Umm.. I have another problem. I totally forgot how to set up fly-by's again. Everytime i trigger it, there is something wrong and the fly by always starts from Lara's position (which I don't want, I want it to start farther away and THEN at the end move to Lara) and it also never stops, it keeps going and going. What did i do wrong? Is it because I use TRNG and there are some extra set ups?

How do I properly trigger a fly-by? I read the section in the manual, but it still doesn't seem to work.

Seth94
26-08-11, 18:15
Press 0 and 6 in the first camera's ocb. :)

Kapu
26-08-11, 18:22
you also need to press one-shot when you trigger it to stop it from looping over and over again.

Atlantisfreak
26-08-11, 19:09
To make these things work you have to dualboot your Mac (adding Windows). That way you have your Mac and then can just restart into Windows when you want to level edit. Without Windows the tools simply will not work.

i'll see if i can install it. We're not allowed to install some programs, since we got the computers from school, so we'll see. Is it free?

skylark1121
26-08-11, 21:29
Hey everyone! I just got my new PC, and it is time to install TRLE! I'm kinda scared, though. I'm installing onto windows 7 (which should be 10 times easier than vista - which was my previous pc).
I was just wondering if anyone had some tips of something I should do... or a trick with the installation. I will also be putting NGLE, etc on here, but I figured I could put this post here. :D
Thanks.

klona
26-08-11, 21:32
I'm using NGLE on windows 7 and i have NO problems at all.

God Horus
26-08-11, 21:37
I also use it on Windows 7 and have absolutely no issues at all :D

skylark1121
26-08-11, 21:40
I'm using NGLE on windows 7 and i have NO problems at all.

I also use it on Windows 7 and have absolutely no issues at all :D

I'm so excited. Vista was such a death trap for TRLE. Thanks guys! :hug:

klona
26-08-11, 22:54
Vista is honestly the worst creation ever.

AgentXP
27-08-11, 22:43
Hi, could someone please explain how to setup a flipmap which is triggered by picking up an item?

Iíve been trying it, and I can trigger the flipmap on itís own, but not in combination with a pickup trigger Ė must be doing something wrong. :confused:

Thanks. :)

Seth94
27-08-11, 23:30
Have you typed 64 into the ocb of the pickup? (Or 68 if it's on a pedestal) :)

THOR2010
27-08-11, 23:37
its just like a normal flipmap trigger, just set the flip trigger, set the pickup trigger for the item then, the item has to have a specific ocb too, though i can't remember which that is!

EDIT: darn u

AgentXP
28-08-11, 00:34
^ Thanks guys, got it now. :tmb: Was missing that tedious little 64 in the obc, cost me ages trying to figure that one out. :vlol:

28-08-11, 01:01
I get an error when trying to install and play BtB 2011, Last Train to Paris. The game randomly closes after the loading screen, and after checking the crash report, it says:

WARNING: Missing Header NG in "script.dat" file. (The script.dat is an old version)
WARNING: missing Header NG in "TITLE.TR4" level file
WARNING: missing Header NG in "STEAMPUNK.TR4" level file

I've put all the things where they need to go, and the download didn't come with it's own TITLE.TR4. Any fix? Sorry if this goes in the TRNG section.

Mulf
28-08-11, 02:13
It doesn't belong in the TRNG section, and you haven't put everything where it belongs either. BTB 2011 is based on TREP and incompatible with TRNG. You should have had a look at the installation page (http://www.trle-hosting.net/levels/2011/0811/BtB/installation.html).

tombraider1703
28-08-11, 10:26
Does anybody know what happened to meta2tr's homepage?
I wanted to download the tool but I can't acces the site :(

Nevermind it works now...

28-08-11, 16:07
It doesn't belong in the TRNG section, and you haven't put everything where it belongs either. BTB 2011 is based on TREP and incompatible with TRNG. You should have had a look at the installation page (http://www.trle-hosting.net/levels/2011/0811/BtB/installation.html).

Oh psssh, I'm stupid.
Thanks for the info.

And can someone tell me how to make the setup link so I can enable Volumetric FX? Thanks in advance.

klona
28-08-11, 16:28
Create a short cut and then right click, click properties and add
' -Setup'
without the 's
Type it exactly as in between the 's

28-08-11, 16:32
Where do I need to add -Setup? I'm using Windows 7, if that makes a difference.

THOR2010
28-08-11, 16:49
ive just installed trle on my laptop and when i run the script compilers i get a message saying the pc isn't capable of running DOS? what should i do?