PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

TheTiger
13-05-12, 13:20
I still have the animations, and i have permission from Symsi to share them for her.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2yax8jx8d9xwz7d

here you go! :)

Laras Boyfr.
13-05-12, 13:26
Honestly, i feel like the off topic chat is starting to taking focus off the actuall work this part of the forum is about. It feels like people are too busy talking that this among other threads are going to become neglected... If people want to chat, then i think that's better suited for the open chat in the general chat section.

Exactly. If I want to know about people's cats and where they live I talk to them in the Open Chat.

Atlantisfreak
13-05-12, 14:27
^Same!

I still have the animations, and i have permission from Symsi to share them for her.

thank you! :)

Raider99
13-05-12, 14:31

For her, but Symsi is male? :confused:

TheTiger
13-05-12, 14:33
Tell that to Symsi. :p

Symsi
13-05-12, 14:34
You're dead. It's she.

klona
13-05-12, 14:44
For her, but Symsi is male? :confused:

You're dead. It's she.

I can't... :vlol::vlol::vlol:

Laras Boyfr.
13-05-12, 14:46
You're dead. It's she.

Raider99,you better...
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2009/9/12/13/enhanced-buzz-19864-1252775364-1.png

bagas
13-05-12, 14:53
You're dead. It's she.

Lol :vlol: I can't stop laughing,oh and BTW thanks for your animation,I'm on my phone now,so I'll download tomorrow :)

Raider99
13-05-12, 14:56
Raider99,you better...
http://s2.buzzfeed.com/static/enhanced/terminal01/2009/9/12/13/enhanced-buzz-19864-1252775364-1.png

I agree!
Hey, but i'm not female, your're dead! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry007.gif

You're dead. It's she.

:yik: Noooooooo!

bekim
13-05-12, 15:11

does that includes the animation tightrope to swingpole:D:D:D:D:D

Atlantisfreak
13-05-12, 15:17
No. :)

Symsi
13-05-12, 15:32
I never finished the tight rope animations for the old TR4 Lara object. But on the other hand, I found my old roll and pull up animations in one of my Dropbox folders. You can download them below, though importing the roll animations may be tricky for some, and I will not assist you as I've forgotten about the process how I extracted them, sorry - but at least you have them now.

Pull up (Anim 97): Here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26698705/trle/animations/PullUp.zip) \ Roll (Several): Here (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26698705/trle/animations/RollinFun.zip) - Credits where it's due of course. And I have no access to Trsearch (currently), so this will have to do.

EDIT: Ingame commands for the roll animations:

Whilst running:
Up + Tapping Duck -> Simple roll. Let go of Up before the animation finishes, if you want to roll into the standing position.
Up + Holding Duck -> Rolls into the duck position.

The letting go of Up situation applies for after the swan dive as well.

Whilst sprinting:
Same as run, you have to press the Duck button now to roll. Jump will make Lara do a sprint jump.

Whilst falling off an edge:
Immediatly press Walk to go into a falling swan dive, (named grace dive by some nice people who tested the animation.)

Raider99
13-05-12, 15:36
OMG, thank you Symsi that's awesome, would you forgive me? :o

Symsi
13-05-12, 15:37
No. But you're welcome. : p

Raider99
13-05-12, 15:42
:vlol:
OK....

Controfiliburu
13-05-12, 16:02
I was hoping that there will be included the crouch move when Lara is on the slope floor :(
Anyway thank you for sharing :hug:
I sent to you a new link.

Raider99
13-05-12, 16:06
I only love grace dive! :D

Controfiliburu
13-05-12, 16:11
I don`t know how to preform the new moves , lol :o
I only can do the roll when running one.

Raider99
13-05-12, 16:22
You can sprint and:
Click crawl
click jump

While running you can:
click crawl to preform roll
or hold to preform from roll to crawl

Swan dive:
Hold arrow to run
or nothing to stop

And when falling from big high click CTRL to preform grace dive

Symsi
13-05-12, 16:23
Added the ingame commands to the download post. (Attached the post also to the front page of the Animation Showcase thread, so it does not drown if anyone wants to download them later.)

I was hoping that there will be included the crouch move when Lara is on the slope floor :(
Anyway thank you for sharing :hug:
I sent to you a new link.Worked. I'll check in a bit. The slope crouching wasn't finetuned at the time I extracted the set, so I left it out.

bekim
13-05-12, 16:27
Added the ingame commands to the download post.

Worked. I'll check in a bit. The slope crouching wasn't finetuned at the time I extracted the set, so I left it out.

can you give us the tightrope to swingpole animation:DD::D:D:D:D::::D:D::D:D:D:D

Raider99
13-05-12, 16:39
can you give us the tightrope to swingpole animation:DD::D:D:D:D::::D:D::D:D:D:D

She said it's not finished, but anyway Symsi will you share your surface swim? :)

And i don't know what to do with your swingpole animations becasue i your grace dive is 460 same as grab swing pole and in script i change number from 460 to 478 and all animation in wad merger which have animation 460 as next i change to 678 and put 478 to that it need to be and when Lara preform grace swim she grab swing pole while falling, why? :confused:

Symsi
13-05-12, 16:46
@ Bekim:I never finished the tight rope animations for the old TR4 Lara object.

@ Raider99: You'll have to rearrange them, I can't remember what, where and how they were placed.You can download them below, though importing the roll animations may be tricky for some, and I will not assist you as I've forgotten about the process how I extracted them, sorry - but at least you have them now.

Raider99
13-05-12, 16:53
I don't understand... :p

Matie
13-05-12, 16:58
The meaning is that you're going to have to figure it out yourself.

The animations don't interfere with the previously released swingpole animations for me, and they work perfectly!^^
They're so wonderful!! Thank you so much for making them publicly available!:hug:

Atlantisfreak
13-05-12, 17:16
I just came back from testing them ingame :D They work like a charm! Thank you Symsi! :D

Symsi
13-05-12, 17:25
Thanks for the feedback! Glad you like it. :hug:

The animations don't interfere with the previously released swingpole animations for me, and they work perfectly!^^ (Animation 230 - sprint to roll - seems to be missing from the wad at my end, but it's mentioned on the list o: Might be me missing something though. )
They're so wonderful!! Thank you so much for making them publicly available!:hug:I'm not sure, but I think the sprint to roll could be the untouched animation from TR4, with perhaps a link to the sprint to duck animation (in the state change window).

Matie
13-05-12, 17:50
Ah okay, I understand now, thank you! =)

!araCr0ft
13-05-12, 20:03
Ok so I was building my level (Which took me FOREVER) and started to finally texture it. Then when I go to save it says that the Arg is to big and crashes. It saves the project but I can't open it at all! Is there anything I could do before I go another 6 hours trying to rebuild it?

Raider99
13-05-12, 20:09
Ok so I was building my level (Which took me FOREVER) and started to finally texture it. Then when I go to save it says that the Arg is to big and crashes. It saves the project but I can't open it at all! Is there anything I could do before I go another 6 hours trying to rebuild it?

ARG mean that you have too many pages of textures, do you have newest TRNG version?
Maybe you need to reduce number of textures.

!araCr0ft
13-05-12, 20:30
ARG mean that you have too many pages of textures, do you have newest TRNG version?
Maybe you need to reduce number of textures.

Im pretty sure I still have the old one. But iv'e tried to bring the game back up and edit it but It still keeps poping up with the message. I'll see if I can try the new version before I do anything. :hea:

Mystery-King
13-05-12, 20:31
Uh... no it doesn't raider99 at all.

@!araCr0ft: here's a piece of text copied from skribblerz (from George Maciver...)

This error message appears when the editor can't find your texture file. The editor automatically remembers the path to several needed files, including the texture set. If you rename or move the textures, the editor will not be able to find the file and will chuck this error message out at you.

All you have to do is reload your texture set manually, save the project and then the editor will remember the path the next time you open your project.

First, put your texture set into your map folder. Then open the editor and click the Load TGA button. Then browse to the map folder and open the texture set. Save your level, close it and reopen it again. Your textures and objects should now be nicely displayed.

!araCr0ft
13-05-12, 20:43
Uh... no it doesn't raider99 at all.

@!araCr0ft: here's a piece of text copied from skribblerz (from George Maciver...)

This error message appears when the editor can't find your texture file. The editor automatically remembers the path to several needed files, including the texture set. If you rename or move the textures, the editor will not be able to find the file and will chuck this error message out at you.

All you have to do is reload your texture set manually, save the project and then the editor will remember the path the next time you open your project.

First, put your texture set into your map folder. Then open the editor and click the Load TGA button. Then browse to the map folder and open the texture set. Save your level, close it and reopen it again. Your textures and objects should now be nicely displayed.

Ok, I put the textures into the map and tried to reopen my level but it still keeps popping up with that error. Idk if it saved textures along with the map of my project or something.

bekim
13-05-12, 20:48
You can sprint and:
Click crawl
click jump

While running you can:
click crawl to preform roll
or hold to preform from roll to crawl

Swan dive:
Hold arrow to run
or nothing to stop

And when falling from big high click CTRL to preform grace dive

explain
:D

Raider99
13-05-12, 20:51
explain
:D

Symsi already explained in previous posts. ;)

Titak
14-05-12, 15:35
Ok, I put the textures into the map and tried to reopen my level but it still keeps popping up with that error. Idk if it saved textures along with the map of my project or something.Just close the message window and open the the TGA manually with the Load TGA button.

!Lara Croft!
15-05-12, 02:23
Immediately press Walk to go into a falling swan dive, (named grace dive by some nice people who tested the animation.)

:whi:

Krash
15-05-12, 03:01
Immediately press Walk to go into a falling swan dive, (named grace dive by some nice people who tested the animation.)

Kapu
15-05-12, 03:08
Immediatly press Walk to go into a falling swan dive, (named grace dive by some nice people who tested the animation.)

oh wait.

bekim
15-05-12, 04:56
SYMSI this grace swan dive is a little buggy when 4 click down she freezes

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3986/75323054.jpg

Raider99
15-05-12, 08:14
^ That happen to me too, but try holding walk and she'll roll, if you left it, she'll freeze. /:

Titak
15-05-12, 09:16
Doesn't happen at my end.
At least not that I know off.
I can't make it happen.

*goes to do some more testing, maybe height wasn't high enough*

*** EDIT ***
Tried from 13 clicks high but no freezing.
No higher point in this testlevel for now so I'll have to stack another room for further testing.

Btw, I noticed she does not hurt herself when falling from that height and performing the dive.
While she does hurt herself a bit when simply running of the edge.
So from how far can she fall, do this dive and survive the fall?

*** EDIT 2 ***
Oh, I took a look at my animations and those new ones.
The new ones don't need any animationscripting anymore while the ones I'm using do need animation scripting.
Perhaps that's the difference and the reason why I'm not getting the freezing.

Raider99
15-05-12, 09:23
Yes it's not enough and she freeze, but if you hold "walk" on same high she preform, but little glitch. :)

And i have problem, what i need to add in commands when Lara make five jump and i don't touch nothing she die from big high, but when i hold arrow to make roll and make roll to run, she don't die? :confused:

EDIT: Titak, she die when making roll from 11 clicks high.
OR if celling is near Lara it suppress Lara and she made smaller dive jump and make roll, but if you have place for dive she die in method 1 and 2. ;)

Raider99
15-05-12, 10:06
Sorry for double post. :o

How can i assign waterfall sound, not object, texture? :confused:

bekim
15-05-12, 10:23
Doesn't happen at my end.
At least not that I know off.
I can't make it happen.

*goes to do some more testing, maybe height wasn't high enough*

*** EDIT ***
Tried from 13 clicks high but no freezing.
No higher point in this testlevel for now so I'll have to stack another room for further testing.

Btw, I noticed she does not hurt herself when falling from that height and performing the dive.
While she does hurt herself a bit when simply running of the edge.
So from how far can she fall, do this dive and survive the fall?

*** EDIT 2 ***
Oh, I took a look at my animations and those new ones.
The new ones don't need any animationscripting anymore while the ones I'm using do need animation scripting.
Perhaps that's the difference and the reason why I'm not getting the freezing.
if you make the script can you send it to us:jmp:

EDIT: and how can i make that to the real swan dive i mean not to die when falls from 16 clicks

Raider99
15-05-12, 10:41
You want her to don't die from 16 clicks? :eek:
If yes, you need to delete command in Wad merger which allow her to die from that height but i recommend you to don't do that! :p

bekim
15-05-12, 11:00
You want her to don't die from 16 clicks? :eek:
If yes, you need to delete command in Wad merger which allow her to die from that height but i recommend you to don't do that! :p

lara will never die

edit;
how can i remove the command (i entered the animation 158 and 153 in command editor and there wan no command )

2nd edit:

is it possible that i can change the gravity in game for example:level 1 has the normal tr4 gravity but level 2 lara cant jump as high as the first level

laravision
15-05-12, 16:35
I wonder if any of you technical peeps could help me?

I've just dug out my old XP machine which I used to play custom levels on, & back when it was my main PC I began to have problems playing certain levels. However I never found a solution because I switched to a different machine.

Now having setup my older XP machine I realise that certain custom levels still do not play - once clicking the exe, the load screen appears but then the dreaded error makes itself known:

http://i.imgur.com/tuNVa.jpg

But I have noticed it only happens with levels in which the exe is different from the original tomb4exe. So levels with exe's like these don't work:

http://i.imgur.com/lUbbx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MYakw.gif http://i.imgur.com/x8U3b.gif

Plus the Next Generation dll file is always present in levels that won't play:
http://i.imgur.com/3w78o.gif

So is there a solution of some kind to be able to play levels like this on my older machine?

TheTiger
15-05-12, 17:01
SYMSI this grace swan dive is a little buggy when 4 click down she freezes

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3986/75323054.jpg

^ That happen to me too, but try holding walk and she'll roll, if you left it, she'll freeze. /:

You two are so nice, she releases like her whole pack, and she gets immediately attacked that one thing doesn't work! :mad:

I think it is that becease some state-id's for the hard landing animation are missing, you should add these in the state-change editor.

if you make the script can you send it to us:jmp:

Scripts aren't needed, and why don't you try to make them yourself?

bekim
15-05-12, 17:14
You two are so nice, she releases like her whole pack, and she gets immediately attacked that one thing doesn't work! :mad:

I think it is that becease some state-id's for the hard landing animation are missing, you should add these in the state-change editor.

Scripts aren't needed, and why don't you try to make them yourself?

:mis:well you are nice too and im not a good scripter:o

@SYMSI THANK YOU
:gki:

Titak
15-05-12, 20:29
Scripts aren't needed, and why don't you try to make them yourself?I'm not getting that error but I have an old version of the animations and they still use scripting.
So using a script for that particular move might fix the issue.
This is why they are asking for a script. :)

These are the scripts for the gracedive I think, copied straight from the readme that Symsi included when she gave me those earlier versions of the animations:
Animation= 459, -1, 8192, -1, -1, -1, -1, -35; Edge Fall to Flip Press Duck
Animation= 459, 128, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -35; Edge Fall to Flip Press Walk

The dive animation is in slot 459 in this script.
If the animation is in another slot you have to change the script accordingly.
You'll have to do the testing yourself. I don't know if this works. Something in the animation itself might need to be changed in WADMerger, like StateID or StateID chanes or whatever.

TheTiger
15-05-12, 20:41
^That's what i meant.

If you swandive and you land too early (in this case, 4 clicks high.) she performs the hard landing animation. I think this state-id is missing in the animation itself for the gracedive at the earlier frames. So this could fix that problem.
I will use these animations in my 20x20x20 level since i use not-lara-related animations in my levelset. So i will be testing it tomorrow, see if everything works properly here. :D

I might send some corrected stuff (if there is anything wrong, i don't think so.) to her so she could update, but so far as i know everything works.

Anyway, sorry if i sounded rude, but i just don't like it when someone releases something pretty big and there are a lot of critism on something that doesn't work properly while its pretty much of a gift to the community. :o

The community could be a little bit of more grateful; Credit just should belong to where they should be. :D
Since i have some stuff to be released and i won't like only bad comments either.

Controfiliburu
15-05-12, 21:00
Someone have the wad from this thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=188162) ?

Symsi
15-05-12, 21:14
About the grace dive issue, I might either have slipped with something in the later version, or there is some hardcoded behaviour with the key/button commands only the script version is taking care of; I can't remember clearly ... but if the latter applies, Titak's post should solve it in this case. :)

@ TheTiger/Dennis: It's perfectly fine. I don't see any bad comments. If something doesn't work, it doesn't work. People taking their time with the animations to make them work flawlessly and asking for help to solve problems is showing gratitude to me, they could otherwise just throw them away like waste/trash.

Raider99
15-05-12, 21:18
There is bug only if you don't hold walk on small height, but if you and hold walk on 4 clicks high, there isn't issue. ;)

And about dive jump, if she jump from big place, she'll die, but if ceiling suppres Lara, she'll be alive and make roll. ;)

EDIT:BTW, Symsi, don't worry, your animations are fantastic, only because of some stupid bugs, it's still smooth and amazing!
I'm enjoying them and gravity in game so much! :D

laravision
15-05-12, 21:33
So I gather no one has any advice regarding my problem :(

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=6169574&postcount=9049

Controfiliburu
15-05-12, 21:38
^ Well in 2004 I bought PC with the XP and I can play all levels :D
But you can look at the compatibility mode , maybe this will help?

Titak
15-05-12, 21:39
The scripts don't solve it after all.
I'm also getting the "bug" now.
Must have done something wrong during my previous tests.

As long as you keep pressing arrow up during the dive she will do the roll, either to duck or to standing still/running. And she survives dives from 13 clicks high. Might survive dives from greater heights.
She does not survive regular swandives from that height.

If you let go of arrow up during the dive she will hit the ground with her hands and then immediately goes into her standing animation.

The animation that has the StateID change for Lara's "breaking her neck" death when swandiving from a height (animation 155) is animation 153.
Symsi's animation has this StateID change in 153 and it is exactly the same as in the original animation 153.

When enabling diagnostics I noticed that Lara does go into animation 153 after having dived down a certain distance.
When performing the gracedive however, she never goes into animation 153.
This must be why she does not break her neck and/or skips the rolling part when she hits the ground.

Going to try something now.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Symsi
15-05-12, 21:49
(EDIT: For the freeze.)

Hm, as a last resort I'd go with creating a TRNG trigger that simulates pressing the Walk key/button for a short while, and then export this trigger as a Set Position so to be able to inject it in the grace dive animation via Anim Command in Wadmerger ... the game then thinks the walk key/button is pressed for another second or something, depending on the trigger settings.

Raider99
15-05-12, 21:52
The scripts don't solve it after all.
I'm also getting the "bug" now.
Must have done something wrong during my previous tests.

As long as you keep pressing arrow up during the dive she will do the roll, either to duck or to standing still/running. And she survives dives from 13 clicks high. Might survive dives from greater heights.
She does not survive regular swandives from that height.

If you let go of arrow up during the dive she will hit the ground with her hands and then immediately goes into her standing animation.

The animation that has the StateID change for Lara's "breaking her neck" death when swandiving from a height (animation 155) is animation 153.
Symsi's animation has this StateID change in 153 and it is exactly the same as in the original animation 153.

When enabling diagnostics I noticed that Lara does go into animation 153 after having dived down a certain distance.
When performing the gracedive however, she never goes into animation 153.
This must be why she does not break her neck and/or skips the rolling part when she hits the ground.

Going to try something now.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Well, she always die here from 11 clicks height if hold arrow or keeping preessing.

laravision
15-05-12, 22:13
^ Well in 2004 I bought PC with the XP and I can play all levels :D
But you can look at the compatibility mode , maybe this will help?

Doesn't work unfortunately :(

Titak
15-05-12, 22:28
Well, she always die here from 11 clicks height if hold arrow or keeping preessing.When performing the normal swandive she also dies in my level.
But not when performing that gracedive when running of an edge.

As a matter of fact she is not performing any rolls anymore when hitting the ground after that gracedive... :hea:
When performing the gracedive off a 8 click high or lower edge, yes that works, rolls work fine. But not from the 13 click high edge. Not anymore like before. :confused: Lara does not die but simple goes into animation 103 when her hands hit the ground, pressing arrow up or not.
So somewhere in between these two heights things start to go weird...

Done some testing but it only made things weirder...
And must have messed something up as well because she used to go into a roll after that 13 click gracedive... :o

I better continue this tomorrow, starting with a fresh Lara. :vlol:

Symsi
15-05-12, 22:40
Lara not dying must be something with the state ID links in the state change editor/view of the grace dive animations ... I'll take a proper look myself in the next days - have to get into this particular scenario again to understand it. I just had a quick ingame test as well, and she also sort of gets out of the grace dive animation too late when falling off a 3 click ledge due to missing state ID links, I remember I had it working smoothly before, so therefore I must have screwed something up during extraction, by exporting the wrong version of some animation, creating a mismatch or whatever.

Thanks for testing, Titak!! :o

Jewlz420
15-05-12, 22:53
i seem to have missed something when i was reading the tut for the AQUARIUM.. when the fish are triggered they seem to swim around the room and not in the tank?? :confused: may someone be kind enough to explain to me what i have done wrong? Thanks ;)

http://i49.************/fnyd0l.jpg

Bradley23170
16-05-12, 07:49
did you put the fish in the water?

Raider99
16-05-12, 08:50
Well, i'm using Apofyse's animations for door opening and Lara open doors, but when on another side there is some invisible collision and Lara is blocked there.
From one side i can't go to the door,on another i can open, but Lara is blocked in collision. :confused:
How to fix?

Bradley23170
16-05-12, 08:54
Well, i'm using Apofyse's animations for door opening and Lara open doors, but when on another side there is some invisible collision and Lara is blocked there.
From one side i can't go to the door,on another i can open, but Lara is blocked in collision. :confused:
How to fix?

place the door object at the intersection of two rooms (black door)

Raider99
16-05-12, 08:56
^ Never mind, i fixed before.. it wasn't problem... fixed. ^^

Raider99
16-05-12, 09:17
Sorry for double post, does anyone know right name for WATERFALL sound effect in NGLE? I tried water flush and water_loop, but that's not that.
I need waterfall.

Bradley23170
16-05-12, 10:44
Sorry for double post, does anyone know right name for WATERFALL sound effect in NGLE? I tried water flush and water_loop, but that's not that.
I need waterfall.

In wadmerger, it's called waterfall_loop

Raider99
16-05-12, 11:18
Well, i applied it to my texture of waterfall, but it sound like waves, why?

EDIT:
When performing the normal swandive she also dies in my level.
But not when performing that gracedive when running of an edge.

As a matter of fact she is not performing any rolls anymore when hitting the ground after that gracedive... :hea:
When performing the gracedive off a 8 click high or lower edge, yes that works, rolls work fine. But not from the 13 click high edge. Not anymore like before. :confused: Lara does not die but simple goes into animation 103 when her hands hit the ground, pressing arrow up or not.
So somewhere in between these two heights things start to go weird...

Done some testing but it only made things weirder...
And must have messed something up as well because she used to go into a roll after that 13 click gracedive... :o

I better continue this tomorrow, starting with a fresh Lara. :vlol:

Well, i tried from 13 click high grace dive and it work perfect, she make roll,or if i hold arrow she don't make roll to run. just roll to animation 103, but from 14 clicks she die after grace dive.
I just replaced animation 153 from original to this and Lara won't freeze on lower height after grace dive and everything works perfect now. :D

Mystery-King
16-05-12, 15:11
I have a meta question! (groan :p)

Up until now I've only made objects with one mesh... but now I'm making an object that will need to be split into seperate meshes to be compatible with the editor... So my question is how do I make an object with seperate meshes? Thanks! ^^

Raider99
16-05-12, 17:09
^Sorry i can't help. :o

I have problem, i have one door and pushable block.
I have pushable block on another and need to put then on place to open door.
I have heavy trigger for block 1 with numbers 1,2 and 2nd with numbers 3,4,5 and when put doors won't open, why? :confused:

And can i disable that when some pushable block is stacked on another to can't move that below?

Laras Boyfr.
16-05-12, 17:14
I have a meta question! (groan :p)

Up until now I've only made objects with one mesh... but now I'm making an object that will need to be split into seperate meshes to be compatible with the editor... So my question is how do I make an object with seperate meshes? Thanks! ^^

Your explanation is too vague. Give us more informations or contact me so I/we can help you :p

Tombcool
16-05-12, 17:15
I started working on Purgatory 3 again, hoping for a new year release! :D

bekim
16-05-12, 17:32
how can i transport my NGLE edited room to meta for re editing
(is there any way to edit the whole map with one try)

Titak
16-05-12, 18:21
With Meta2TR (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home).

bekim
16-05-12, 18:26
With Meta2TR (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home).

yes but how:confused:

Controfiliburu
16-05-12, 18:29
There is a instruction on the site which Titak posted!

Raider99
16-05-12, 18:30
^Sorry i can't help. :o

I have problem, i have one door and pushable block.
I have pushable block on another and need to put then on place to open door.
I have heavy trigger for block 1 with numbers 1,2 and 2nd with numbers 3,4,5 and when put doors won't open, why? :confused:

And can i disable that when some pushable block is stacked on another to can't move that below?

Anyone help with that above ^ ? :confused:

Controfiliburu
16-05-12, 18:36
^ Hmmm , I`m not sure but you should open the OBC of the first and click on the big 1 and 2 buttons , and then open the OBC of the second one and click at the 3,4,5.
If it doesn`t work check the skribblerz tutorials like http://skribblerz.com/resources/blockdoors.htm and http://skribblerz.com/planetarium.htm :D

Mytly
16-05-12, 19:20
I wonder if any of you technical peeps could help me?

I've just dug out my old XP machine which I used to play custom levels on, & back when it was my main PC I began to have problems playing certain levels. However I never found a solution because I switched to a different machine.

Now having setup my older XP machine I realise that certain custom levels still do not play - once clicking the exe, the load screen appears but then the dreaded error makes itself known:

http://i.imgur.com/tuNVa.jpg

But I have noticed it only happens with levels in which the exe is different from the original tomb4exe. So levels with exe's like these don't work:

http://i.imgur.com/lUbbx.gif http://i.imgur.com/MYakw.gif http://i.imgur.com/x8U3b.gif

Plus the Next Generation dll file is always present in levels that won't play:
http://i.imgur.com/3w78o.gif

So is there a solution of some kind to be able to play levels like this on my older machine?
These are TRNG levels. There's no reason why they shouldn't work in XP. Try changing the settings. Maybe they will work at a different resolution. If not, try asking in the Tech Support section.

Edit: Never mind, I see that you have already posted a thread in the Tech Support section.

Raider99
16-05-12, 19:40
^ Hmmm , I`m not sure but you should open the OBC of the first and click on the big 1 and 2 buttons , and then open the OBC of the second one and click at the 3,4,5.
If it doesn`t work check the skribblerz tutorials like http://skribblerz.com/resources/blockdoors.htm and http://skribblerz.com/planetarium.htm :D

Thank you, that first tutorial is that i need. ;)

EDIT: Worked. :D

Jewlz420
17-05-12, 08:30
yes it is a water room i placed them in, i added a new room to my one room that i am building for my 4 level set, my fish tank is room two, i made it (1,4) one square back and 4 clicks high, but when i place the fish and trigger them they dont seem to stay in the tank i have made for them..... :confused:

Titak
17-05-12, 09:52
Don't you have to use toggle-opacity on both sides of the doors from and to the fishtank room?
Or use those collision panels.

Bradley23170
17-05-12, 12:16
I have a probleme : I can't get a toggle oppacity 1 on the surface of water so it makes ice with the "glowing" effect of water...
Is there a way to walk on water?

Titak
17-05-12, 12:26
No, you can't walk on water.
For some reason toggle-opacity does not make the watersurface solid.

Instead you can make the waterroom a mistroom. Values 2 and up give the same sort of reflection effect as water.

Or, if you do need the waterroom for Lara to swim around in, you'll have to put an extra room between the watersurface and the ice floor.

bekim
17-05-12, 12:40
ok i edited my map in meta2tr(so easy)which the file that should be exported to tr4. file:jmp:

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/4463/84279182.jpg

Controfiliburu
17-05-12, 12:45
RoomAll. The file is a map of the level I think.

bekim
17-05-12, 12:49
RoomAll. The file is a map of the level I think.

didn't work

TheTiger
17-05-12, 13:04
I have written a small ''tutorial'' about my point of view of levelediting and how to stick on, it will also later involve on how to continue building your level and how to come up with certain idea's.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=191210

I hope you like it. :o

bekim
17-05-12, 13:12
I have written a small ''tutorial'' about my point of view of levelediting and how to stick on, it will also later involve on how to continue building your level and how to come up with certain idea's.

otherwise is a building boost:jmp:thanks so nice

sapper
17-05-12, 13:13
ok i edited my map in meta2tr(so easy)which the file that should be exported to tr4. file:jmp:

What do you mean "edited my map"?

Did you edit the RoomAll.mqo in metasequoia?

If so you drag it back onto meta2tr program and a "newlevel.tr4" file is created.

You rename "newlevel.tr4" when you put it back into your data folder.

bekim
17-05-12, 17:30
What do you mean "edited my map"?

Did you edit the RoomAll.mqo in metasequoia?

If so you drag it back onto meta2tr program and a "newlevel.tr4" file is created.

You rename "newlevel.tr4" when you put it back into your data folder.

only move all does the newlevel.tr4 room all doesn't and when i rename newlevel.tr4(from move all it wont work in game)anyway ill make experiments

Titak
17-05-12, 19:20
RoomAll. The file is a map of the level I think.Correct.
RoomAll.mqo contains all the rooms. :D

MoveAll.mqo contains all the objects in moveable slots, including Lara and her skin and joints and weapon animations and such.

The statics are listed as seperate .mqo files.

ggctuk
17-05-12, 21:20
Hey, I'm thinking of starting up my own version of the Tutorial level project (and I mean 'my own version' as in I'm going to do it all). It'll give me a chance to see exactly how lighting and object placement works, it'll allow me to use a few ideas, and hopefully it might get me inspired to start level building again on a better basis. What do you guys think?

bekim
17-05-12, 21:35
Hey, I'm thinking of starting up my own version of the Tutorial level project (and I mean 'my own version' as in I'm going to do it all). It'll give me a chance to see exactly how lighting and object placement works, it'll allow me to use a few ideas, and hopefully it might get me inspired to start level building again on a better basis. What do you guys think?

okay but explain more with screenshot like the idea:jmp:

ggctuk
17-05-12, 21:41
okay but explain more with screenshot like the idea:jmp:

I can't show a screenshot yet, silly. It's still an idea :p But I am assembling WADs. Definitely I'm going for a TR1-themed Egypt level, a military warehouse level and a museum level. I'm sticking to my set of rules: two new rooms max, no major layout modifications (meaning no outside trench in the middle of the level). Aside from that, I'm going to have it my own way. And one of the kickers will be that one level will essentially be the tutorial level played backwards.

Raider99
17-05-12, 21:50
Then good luck, i think i'll do it too in summer holiday in free time to training myself... :rolleyes:

Jewlz420
17-05-12, 23:09
Don't you have to use toggle-opacity on both sides of the doors from and to the fishtank room?
Or use those collision panels.

didnt even think of that titak :o ill try it and ill let you know how it works out.. thank you!!! :hug:

RardRaider
18-05-12, 01:44

Very nice! :tmb:

RardRaider
18-05-12, 02:42
No, you can't walk on water.
For some reason toggle-opacity does not make the watersurface solid.

Can't Lara walk on water in the Karnak level after using a canopic jar? IIRC that's a flipped water room. :confused: Maybe it only works in a flipmap which would be even weirder. :hea:

TheBloodRed
18-05-12, 06:49
It is a flipmap that makes the water floor the solid toggle opacity. It isn't that difficult but takes some smart setup. :3

ggctuk
18-05-12, 09:18
Can't Lara walk on water in the Karnak level after using a canopic jar? IIRC that's a flipped water room. :confused: Maybe it only works in a flipmap which would be even weirder. :hea:

There's two layers, if I'm remembering right. The first layer is the surface Lara actually walks on, the second underneath contains is a non-water room to stop Lara falling beneath the surface.

Titak
18-05-12, 13:44
^
You are remembering right, this is indeed the setup in that level. :D
Two layers (two rooms) and a flipmap.

RardRaider
18-05-12, 16:38
There's two layers, if I'm remembering right. The first layer is the surface Lara actually walks on, the second underneath contains is a non-water room to stop Lara falling beneath the surface.

^
You are remembering right, this is indeed the setup in that level. :D
Two layers (two rooms) and a flipmap.

Thanks guys!

klona
18-05-12, 18:17
Is it possible to remove a sound from a specific rolling ball?

bekim
18-05-12, 19:00

sure i think you should go to command editor in wadmerger and delete assigned sound which a rollingball has

TheTiger
18-05-12, 19:16

Tried OCB1? I know you use trng so... this is called silence mode.

ggctuk
18-05-12, 19:48
sure i think you should go to command editor in wadmerger and delete assigned sound which a rollingball has

Rollingball's sounds are hardcoded and the rollingball usually has no animations, it's all engine-driven.

leoarcie
18-05-12, 23:43
I forget how to put the level editor in full screen .-.

RardRaider
18-05-12, 23:49
I forget how to put the level editor in full screen .-.

{Alt} + {ENTER} :D

Raider99
19-05-12, 12:54
Well, i have problem.
I'm using amber light with OCB 1 and when i activate it, it work, but always when i load game on every place it repeat, why? :confused:

And i have this problem with a ha sound of Lara:

Note: This is an MS Dos file and depending on your computer you may not see anything appear to happen. Don’t worry as we’ll confirm it worked a little later.

I didn't see solution but when i run program many times it show for sec and deesapear.

Eden95
19-05-12, 20:16
I'm having trouble with the sky for my Streets of Rome based level, is there a way of extracting the .raw files for TRC skies from the disk?

bekim
19-05-12, 20:28
I'm having trouble with the sky for my Streets of Rome based level, is there a way of extracting the .raw files for TRC skies from the disk?

isnt that in wadmerger 2D window:confused:

@raider99 i think you should activate all 5 buttons in ocb :confused:

EDIT: can someone show(tell) is it possible to make effects with meta2tr such as water spinning(surface effect in general)

@eden there is a program called irfan wiew idk

Level NextGen
19-05-12, 22:29
Can someone show(tell) is it possible to make effects with meta2tr such as water spinning(surface effect in general)

You mean a whirlpool like this one (this is an old image)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2953/chichenitzaunderground2.png

Meta2TR did not exist at that time. I spinned/whirled my water texture and applied it on an animating that keep turning. But water isn't animate at all and I used a large texture that "fake" a hole in water where I place the moving animating.

Hmm but it is possible with Meta2TR... download the tutorial HERE (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home). There is a spinning water; you could get more infos how they did it in the demo.

!araCr0ft
20-05-12, 05:03
Anyone know where I could find wall switchs? Like from TR1 - TR3?

bekim
20-05-12, 06:36
You mean a whirlpool like this one (this is an old image)
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/2953/chichenitzaunderground2.png

Meta2TR did not exist at that time. I spinned/whirled my water texture and applied it on an animating that keep turning. But water isn't animate at all and I used a large texture that "fake" a hole in water where I place the moving animating.

Hmm but it is possible with Meta2TR... download the tutorial HERE (https://sites.google.com/site/meta2tr/home). There is a spinning water; you could get more infos how they did it in the demo.

thanks and that is .......PERFECT

Raider99
20-05-12, 09:19
Anyone know where I could find wall switchs? Like from TR1 - TR3?

http://www.trsearch.org/

Search to find...

!araCr0ft
20-05-12, 18:17
http://www.trsearch.org/

Search to find...

I did look and I can't find it > .>..

-Roli-
20-05-12, 18:24
Hey all! :)

Plase help me, if you can, I'm a bit embarrassed about the following '"puzzle", because never did before, and don't have any idea how to manage it.

So, I have 3 switches, and one door. I'd like to use those switches in order, I mean for example: first pull the 2nd switch, then pull the 3rd swith, and the 1st at last. Then the door would be opened. And maybe reseting the switch, if the order is incorrect.

I don't know if its possible, but I think I saw this method on some levels, if I remember well?! :p:D

Thank you!

THOR2010
20-05-12, 19:15
a while ago there was a tutorial level set for trng on skribblerz with levels from various builders, i went to download it today but i cant find it there anymore? does anyone know where i could find it?

EDIT: Roli-ive never used them before but u could look into sequence switches, not sure if ull get what u want though:o

Eden95
20-05-12, 19:19
Still there. ;)

http://skribblerz.com/Reports3/tutorialpack.htm

-Roli-
20-05-12, 19:21
^Thanks, I already tried it before I posted my problem, but with those switched I can't do exactly what I'd like, that is more complicated. :(

Btw are you looking for this? http://www.treditor.hu/cgi-bin/schlabo4/dl.pl?http://treditor.hu/trle/ghi/george_maciver_trng_tutorial_level_package.zip

Edit: Eden95 beats me :D

THOR2010
20-05-12, 19:22
yes i am, thank u so much!

Bradley23170
20-05-12, 19:29
I did look and I can't find it > .>..

There are some items on these pages :
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&userid=39
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&userid=2046
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&author=karlo002
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&author=Michiel
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&author=TombRaiderTim

laravision
20-05-12, 19:37
Anybody know the name or the download link of this level?
I've searched trle.net but I am unable to find it...thanks :)

zZiK60GfrNw

-Roli-
20-05-12, 19:40
Tomb Raider Destruction by Skyler Ortega if I know right :)

Mytly
20-05-12, 19:44
@laravision: http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=1917

Edit: Roli beat me to it. :D

laravision
20-05-12, 19:49
Thankyou very much Roli & Mytly! :D

AkyV
21-05-12, 10:28

Plase help me, if you can, I'm a bit embarrassed about the following '"puzzle", because never did before, and don't have any idea how to manage it.

So, I have 3 switches, and one door. I'd like to use those switches in order, I mean for example: first pull the 2nd switch, then pull the 3rd swith, and the 1st at last. Then the door would be opened. And maybe reseting the switch, if the order is incorrect.

I don't know if its possible, but I think I saw this method on some levels, if I remember well?! :p:D

Thank you!

I have a solution for this – but it’s a TRNG-solution, I hope it will do:

Let’s see it through an example:
You have three lever switches placed in the map:

Switch1= ID25
Switch2= ID15
Switch3= ID24

If you push the switches in the required order (this is 1-2-3 now) then a placed door (ID14) will open. The switches won’t be reset.
If you don’t push the switches in the required order then the door won’t open and the switches will be reset automatically after pushing all of them.
If you have pushed a switch then you can’t pushed it back directly by Lara into the starting position.

THE SETUP (with TRNG 1.2.2.6):

First of all, see the Animation2 of the LEVER_SWITCH in WADMerger. Remove the only one entry from State Change Editor (that enables “pushing back to starting position” Animation3 when Lara does that move), so if Lara wants to push the lever back to the starting position, then the lever won’t move.

Then place the required triggers on the map:
DON’T place any SWITCH triggers or triggers for the door. But place two triggers for each switch:

- An F109 trigger on the square of Switch1 that enables GlobalTrigger1 when Lara is on that square. And another F109 trigger near the switch (Lara must activate that before reaching the other two switches) to disable the same GlobalTrigger.
- An F109 trigger on the square of Switch2 that enables GlobalTrigger2 when Lara is on that square. And another F109 trigger near the switch (Lara must activate that before reaching the other two switches) to disable the same GlobalTrigger.
- An F109 trigger on the square of Switch3 that enables GlobalTrigger3 when Lara is on that square. And another F109 trigger near the switch (Lara must activate that before reaching the other two switches) to disable the same GlobalTrigger.

And this must go to the Script:

GlobalTrigger= 1, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 1, 4, -1
TriggerGroup= 1, $8000, 324, $1E, $9000, 25, $215
GlobalTrigger= 2, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 2, 4, -1
TriggerGroup= 2, $8000, 324, $1E, $9000, 15, $215
GlobalTrigger= 3, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 3, 4, -1
TriggerGroup= 3, $8000, 324, $1E, $9000, 24, $215
TriggerGroup= 4, $2000, 77, $67
GlobalTrigger= 4, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 5, 6, -1
TriggerGroup= 5, $9000, 25, $215, $9000+TGROUP_NOT, 15, $215, $9000+TGROUP_NOT, 24, $215
TriggerGroup= 6, $2000, 231, $140
GlobalTrigger= 5, FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 7, 6, -1
TriggerGroup= 7, $8000, 64, $12B, $9000, 15, $215, $9000+TGROUP_NOT, 24, $215
GlobalTrigger= 6, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 8, 9, -1
TriggerGroup= 8, $8000, 64, $22B, $9000, 24, $215
TriggerGroup= 9, $5000, 14, $2B
GlobalTrigger= 7, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, 10, 11, -1
TriggerGroup= 10, $9000, 25, $215, $9000, 15, $215, $9000, 24, $215, $8000+TGROUP_NOT, 64, $22B
TriggerGroup= 11, $5000, 25, $30F, $5000, 15, $30F, $5000, 24, $30F, $2000, 232, $40

When Lara reaches the square of Switch1 then the GlobalTrigger will be enabled with that F109. (It's important if you disabled that with the disabling F109 trigger.) So if TriggerGroup1 is true (i.e. if Lara is performing her switch-pushing Animation324 and the switch is performing its “I’m switched on” Animation2) then the game executes TriggerGroup4 i.e. forces on Lara the basic “standing and still” Animation103.

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 30
; Exporting: CONDITION(30:62) for PARAMETER(324)
; <#> : Animation= 324
; <&> : Lara. (Animation) Lara is performing <#>animation
; (E) :
; Values to add in script command: $8000, 324, $1E

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 21
; Exporting: CONDITION(21:58) for OBJECT(25)
; <#> : LEVER_SWITCH ID 25
; <&> : Creature. Current animation of <#>creature is (E)animation (0-31)
; (E) : Animation= 2
; Values to add in script command: $9000, 25, $215

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 77
; Exporting: TRIGGER(103:0) for FLIPEFFECT(77)
; <#> : Lara. (Animation) Force <&>Animation (0-255) of (E)slot for Lara
; <&> : 103 Animation
; (E) : SLOT_000 LARA
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 77, $67

Why is it important? – Because that’s what will happen:

- Lara pushes the switch from the starting position (i.e. when the switch performs its Animation0.) It is successful.
- Lara wants to push the switch from the ending position (i.e. when the switch performs its Animation2.) But she can’t, because of that removed WADMerger entry, and because we force Animation103 on her.

If Lara leaves the switch then disables the GlobalTrigger with that newer F109, so Animation324 won’t be modified if she wants to switch on Switch2 or Switch3 after that.

This works in a similar way with Switch2 or Switch 3 – see GlobalTrigger2, 3 and TriggerGroup2, 3, 4 in the Script.

GlobalTrigger4 will activate TriggerGroup6 if TriggerGroup5 is true. It means if Switch1 is switched on (i.e. if the switch is just performing Animation2: $9000, 25, $215) but Switch2 and 3 aren’t ($9000+TGROUP_NOT, 15, $215, $9000+TGROUP_NOT, 24, $215) then the game adds Value 1 to Local Byte Alfa1 – so Local Byte Alfa 1 is 1 now if Lara pushed only Switch1 but didn’t push Switch2 and 3:

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 21
; Exporting: CONDITION(21:58) for OBJECT(25)
; <&> : Creature. Current animation of <#>creature is (E)animation (0-31)
; (E) : Animation= 2
; Values to add in script command: $9000, 25, $215

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 231
; Exporting: TRIGGER(320:0) for FLIPEFFECT(231)
; <#> : Variables. Numeric. Add to <&>Variable the (E)value
; <&> : Local Byte Alfa1
; (E) : Value 1
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 231, $140

FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED is necessary, or else 1 will be added again and again to the variable if the Switch1 is switched on.
And yes, it is FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED and not FGT_SINGLE_SHOT. Without RESUMED, the GlobalTrigger may be useless at the second, third etc. attempts. But we need those attempts if at the first attempt the order of the switches were wrong.

GlobalTrigger5 will activate TriggerGroup6 if TriggerGroup7 is true. It means if Switch2 is switched on (i.e. if the switch is just performing Animation2: $9000, 15, $215) and Local Byte Alfa1 is 1 (i.e. if Switch1 has been switched before: $8000, 64, $12B), but Switch3 isn’t switched on ($9000+TGROUP_NOT, 24, $215) then the game adds Value 1 to Local Byte Alfa1 – so Local Byte Alfa 1 is 2 now if Lara pushed Switch1 and then Switch2 but didn’t push Switch3.

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 43
; Exporting: CONDITION(43:60) for PARAMETER(64)
; <#> : Local Byte Alfa1
; <&> : Variables. The <#>Numeric Variable is = than (E)Value
; (E) : Value= 1
; Values to add in script command: $8000, 64, $12B

GlobalTrigge6 will activate TriggerGroup9 if TriggerGroup8 is true. It means if Switch3 is switched on (i.e. if the switch is just performing Animation2: $9000, 24, $215) and Local Byte Alfa1 is 2 (i.e. if Switch1 and 2 has been switched before in the right order: $8000, 64, $22B) then the game opens the door:

; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 43
; Exporting: TRIGGER(43:0) for ACTION(14)
; <#> : DOOR_TYPE4 ID 14
; <&> : Trigger. (Moveable) Activate <#>Object with (E)Timer value
; (E) : Timer= +00
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 14, $2B

GlobalTrigger7 will activate TriggerGroup11 if TriggerGroup10 is true. It means if all the switches are switched on but the variable is not 2 ($8000+TGROUP_NOT, 64, $22B) then the game forces Animation3 (“go to the starting position”) on all the three switches and turns the variable into 0:

; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 15
; Exporting: TRIGGER(783:0) for ACTION(25)
; <&> : Force (E) animation (0-31) for <#>object
; (E) : 3 Animation
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 25, $30F

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 232
; Exporting: TRIGGER(64:0) for FLIPEFFECT(232)
; <#> : Variables. Numeric. Set <&>Variable with (E)value
; <&> : Local Byte Alfa1
; (E) : Value 0
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 232, $40

So – except if the switches were pushed in the right order, i.e. if they are all switched on and variable is 2 – the game will reset the switches and the variable as well, for a newer attempt.
(Important! If GlobalTrigger7 is placed in the Script before the other GlobalTriggers that may disturb the proper working of the setup.)

-Roli-
21-05-12, 11:06
Thank you so much!!! :hug:

Titak
21-05-12, 16:07
Tutorial? :mis:

AkyV
21-05-12, 17:05
:vlol:
All right, all right, I'll create one. :vlol:
Just give me one day or two. I want to re-edit the text, because that post above is a bit "harsh" and sudden, I'd like some nicer text instead.

Titak
21-05-12, 17:40
:jmp:
Thanks!

A day or two.
No more! :smk:

Nah. Just kidding ofcourse. :hug:
Take your time with it.
Once done, feel free to post it in the TRNG section.
I'll then close the thread and add it to the INDEX thread. :D

Pemon
21-05-12, 18:09

Thank you!Maybe the following tutorials also helps you :rolleyes:
http://www.skribblerz.com/switchdoors2.htm
http://www.skribblerz.net/MultipleLevers.swf

laravision
21-05-12, 22:21
What advantages are there, if any, for playing custom levels in windowed mode?

RardRaider
22-05-12, 03:48

Thank you!

Apart from AkyV's excellent TRNG tutorial you could achieve something similar with good old TR4/TRLE sequence switches (like in the level 'Underneath The Sphinx'), explained in detail here (http://www.tomb-raider-editor.com/english/tut-reve-egyptien-magplus-en.php#SEQ_SWITCH). :)

RardRaider
22-05-12, 03:50
What advantages are there, if any, for playing custom levels in windowed mode?

I don't think there aren't many advantages, the only one I could think of would be to put the (windowed) game & the level editor side by side (on a widescreen display) for diagnostic purposes.

Big Lara Fan
22-05-12, 04:06
so I was just wondering, because I'm really interested in a few projects here, if there was something I'm missing in regards to updates? I like to check this section every few days or so, and I've been noticing for a long time that there hasn't really been anything ..new (in regards to older projects). I know a lot of builders continuously work hard until they feel confident enough in releasing updated screenshots or bits of news about the project itself, but some of these threads I've checked in the "Lists of Ongoing Projects" are like deserted. There haven't been any replies in several months to an entire year or two and a good majority of them are closed now. I figured I would ask here instead of bumping ancient threads.

But it's just like, I want to know if some projects are cancelled or not y'know? Like the Early Tomb Raider Legend Remake? I haven't heard anything about that in an eternity. And Tomb Raider 2 Memories? Same ordeal. I guess I'm really interested in the big, mass projects that have been in development for years. Another one being The Beginning by GeckoKid. I played the demo when it was released, but still that was almost half a year ago. I'm eager to see some updates & I feel like I'm missing something! Unless, of course.. there's just nothing new to show? I dunno, if anyone could shed some light I'd appreciate it! :)

Mytly
22-05-12, 17:37
AFAIK, Early Tomb Raider Legend Remake and The Beginning are still ongoing, while Tomb Raider 2 Memories is cancelled. But don't take my word for it.

I agree it's hard to know what state certain long-term projects are in when there are no updates. However, I try to go by the rule 'No news is good news.' That is, if a builder has decided to definitely cancel a project, he/she would probably say on in the thread, and maybe ask for it to be closed. If there are no updates, then they're probably working hard on it or they have put it on hold only temporarily.

In any case, bumping threads just to ask for news is never a good idea. If you must know, you could PM the builder and ask them politely. :)

Raider99
22-05-12, 20:45
OK, i have 2 problems and can't fix them! :hea:

1.My jump switch,raising block and gate (general door) haven't sounds, why?
I tried to add them in Wad merger, but don't know right name for them, and in animation command can't add it.

2.When Lara pick up something i activated amber light with OCB 1 to have explosion effect, but when i load game every time on any place amber light repeat, why?

Bradley23170
22-05-12, 20:51

I tried to add them in Wad merger, but don't know right name for them, and in animation command can't add it.

2.When Lara pick up something i activated amber light with OCB 1 to have explosion effect, but when i load game every time on any place amber light repeat, why?

Try ticking all of the boxes in the sound manager:confused:

Raider99
22-05-12, 20:51
No i mustn't, because of some missing sounds and game crash. :(

masha
22-05-12, 21:22
hey!

1. You must make sound converting with sound.txt ans LevelsfxConverter -it is by the trle

Raider99
22-05-12, 21:28
I know, but i have this problem, when it convert .txt file nothing show in folder, there need to be new .sam and .sfx file, but haven't. :(
And i just in wad merger thick trapdoor and it work fine.
Also, i untick all sounds and activate again, but haven't all! :(

Joey79100
23-05-12, 06:17
You have to add sounds on your objects. Open the Animation Editor, drop down the Sounds menu, click 'Add sounds' select the sounds you need and click Add Selected (or something like that, I don't remeber exactly).

Raider99
23-05-12, 10:48
^ And that's problem, when try to add sound to door in animation editor, there is only thud sound. :(

Joey79100
23-05-12, 10:59
:confused:
In the Sounds dropdown menu it should be all the sounds added to the Wad. :confused:
Are you sure you don't use the AnimCommands window? You can use it only after the sounds are added like I told you before.

Axelia
23-05-12, 11:04

hello with the second problem i can help only this way but if someone knows what is the problem with amber light i like to know it too :)

Triggergroup=XX,$2000, 355, $1E08,$2000, 70, $1F6A,$2000, 1, $1F6A;Flash screen with color, play explosion sound, shake the screen

So instead of trigger for amberlight make trigger for perform triggergroup and pickup for item

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 118
; Exporting: TRIGGER(285:0) for FLIPEFFECT(118)
; <#> : TriggerGroup. Perform <&>TriggerGroup from script.dat in (E)way
; <&> : TriggerGroup= XX
; (E) : Single performing (to use when in TriggerGroup there are only commands)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 118, $XX

you can change the color and duration of the explosion by changing the first values in the TG

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 355
; Exporting: TRIGGER(7688:0) for FLIPEFFECT(355)
; <#> : Screen. Flash screen with the <&>Light color for (E)Durate
; <&> : Azure
; (E) : Slow
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 355, $1E08

Raider99
23-05-12, 11:23
@Axelia, how i didn't remember this before! :hea:
Thanks.

@Joey, i know what's animation command, and i can give you wad to check, but don't use it anywhere! :o

Joey79100
23-05-12, 14:21
Sorry, today I can't, and I don't know if tomorrow I could do it, because my battery charger is broken and my battery is very low.
Maybe this weekend?

Titak
23-05-12, 16:20
Try ticking all of the boxes in the sound manager:confused:Yeah... that's smart... NOT!

Too many sounds can cause an overload with crashes or other severe stuff as a result.
So NEVER add all available soundslots to your wad.

Raider99
23-05-12, 16:25
I already told that :p, do you have some solution, you're so smart!

ggctuk
23-05-12, 16:26
I did aim on getting started on my tutorial project today (although I did a few rooms for it on Monday - yes, I'm rebuilding the level rather than straight-up reusing the original). Sadly, this heatwave is bad news for my poor laptop :( but I hear it' going to cool down by this weekend, so fingers crossed, I can actually get this done.

Raider99
23-05-12, 16:27
Why are you telling that in this thread? :p
Anyway, sad. /:

Titak
23-05-12, 16:31
do you have some solution, you're so smart!Nothing more that that what has already been suggested, startign with addign the sounds to the wad by editing the sounds.txt either manually of with Screamer or by ticking the sounds in WADMerger.

Then they need to be added to the list with "Add Sound" in Animation Editor and then the sounds need to be assigned to the animations.

This does not work for a raising block though because it does not have an animation.
Not one that shows in Animation Editor anyway.

Raider99
23-05-12, 16:37
But it need to be for door, everything i have is THUD sound for door. :(
But do you know what's sound name for door?
I mean, Lara's scream is lar_scrm...

Titak
23-05-12, 16:38
Doors can have different sounds.
There are several doorsounds in the samples folder.

Sounds like you might have assigned the soundslot with dor_thud assigned to it.

There's also dr_bgsto, gen_door and others.
Just browse through the samples folder and pick the one that fits your door best.

Raider99
23-05-12, 16:39
But which is name of sound of door used in Tut1 level, on start?

Titak
23-05-12, 16:50
The sample is called dr_bgsto (listen to it and you'll hear.) and the soundslot is something like Big-stone-door or something.
It should be in the soundlist in NG-Centre.

Raider99
23-05-12, 16:58
Wait, how can i accept it in more ways?
Can i with TRNG, i know i can use wad merger, but i have this problem from tutorial about sound adding in .txt file:

Note: This is an MS Dos file and depending on your computer you may not see anything appear to happen. Don’t worry as we’ll confirm it worked a little later.

That's from adding A ha sound for Lara.
And about SFX creator file.

ggctuk
23-05-12, 19:10
Why are you telling that in this thread? :p
Anyway, sad. /:

Because this is called "Open TRLE Chat"? And it is with regards to a project I'm doing in TRLE? :p

As for the door: DOOR_BIG_STONE is the sound name, and I know that because I've recently converted a few doors from TR3 (for said project, I might add) and reassigned TR4 sounds to them.

Raider99
23-05-12, 19:14
Yep, this is TRLE open chat, but we're using this now ONLY for help. :D
You can chat here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=191050

ggctuk
23-05-12, 19:20
Yep, this is TRLE open chat, but we're using this now ONLY for help. :D
You can chat here:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=191050

A thread I don't see the point of, I might add, since we have an entire forum dedicated to off-topic, and since what I've seen of that thread is heavily off-topic (and half the posts aren't about TRLE, or even TR, from what I can see)

bekim
23-05-12, 19:29
A thread I don't see the point of, I might add, since we have an entire forum dedicated to off-topic, and since what I've seen of that thread is heavily off-topic (and half the posts aren't about TRLE, or even TR, from what I can see)

OK if you wanna chat and have fun go there
if you want to criticize people you'd better be a lawyer:mad:

Raider99
23-05-12, 19:30
That thread i made is just for chat of TRLE users, in general chat secton, there are everyone, and my thread have point to don't talk about TRLE, you can talk about everything in there.
And this maybe was chat thread, but this went to far and become only help thread about regular TRLE like TRNG thread is only for questions, which use NG for make it. :)

Controfiliburu
23-05-12, 19:35
OMG , ggctuk wrote about the TRLE things so it isn`t offtopic here.
Calm down people no need to argue :pi:

ggctuk
23-05-12, 19:47
OK if you wanna chat and have fun go there
if you want to criticize people you'd better be a lawyer:mad:

No, I'm not a lawyer, but I believe article 10 under the European Convention of Human Rights grants me the right to freedom of speech and comment. Alternatively, there's the First Amendment.

That thread i made is just for chat of TRLE users, in general chat secton, there are everyone, and my thread have point to don't talk about TRLE, you can talk about everything in there.
And this maybe was chat thread, but this went to far and become only help thread about regular TRLE like TRNG thread is only for questions, which use NG for make it. :)

I thought that's what the Open Chat thread is for (and personally I disagree with segregating the TRLE users from the rest of the forum, given that I stared off in this very forum too - the guys who post in GC are a great bunch). This thread, if I remember correctly, is for anything TRLE related, regardless of whether it's an inquiry, a question, or something that just doesn't need its own thread (yet).

I'm not trying to be nasty or mean or anything. This is just my opinion. I've derailed the thread for long enough, so I'll end it there.

OMG , ggctuk wrote about the TRLE things so it isn`t offtopic here.
Calm down people no need to argue :pi:

I concur.

And with that, I'm bowing out of this discussion.

bekim
23-05-12, 20:12
No, I'm not a lawyer, but I believe article 10 under the European Convention of Human Rights grants me the right to freedom of speech and comment. Alternatively, there's the First Amendment.

if you haven't noticed it was just a sarcasm:tea:

ggctuk
23-05-12, 20:13
if you haven't noticed it was just a sarcasm:tea:

I'm sure I'm exhausting this line, but sarcasm is very difficult to convey across a computer screen. It's one of my reasons for not bothering to attempt it.

skylark1121
23-05-12, 20:42
I've been having another issue with flipmaps.
In the screen below, there are two stacked rooms. On one end, Lara triggered the flipmap, and the room filled with water as expected. Now, I'm trying to make the room on top fill with water, but it's not working. :(

http://oi49.************/1zfqw5c.jpg

The whole (two rooms) room should be underwater by now, but the above room is not flipping when triggered. :(
By default, both of the flipmaps were #0. Of course, I had to change that, so I changed the above room's number to 1.
No luck....

Am I doing something wrong? :/

larafan25
23-05-12, 20:45
Are you triggering both rooms to fill at once? If so they should be the same number flipmap I think.

skylark1121
23-05-12, 20:54
Are you triggering both rooms to fill at once? If so they should be the same number flipmap I think.
No, I want one (bottom room of course flip #0) to fill before the other. :)

larafan25
23-05-12, 20:55
So...

You're having Lara pull the switch, and it triggers the water room, then pull another switch to trigger the other room and it doesn't work?

skylark1121
23-05-12, 20:59
So...

You're having Lara pull the switch, and it triggers the water room, then pull another switch to trigger the other room and it doesn't work?
Exactly. Except, I haven't triggered the switches yet--I'm only using the floor tiles under them as of now (to make sure the switches weren't the problem).

bekim
23-05-12, 21:10
I'm sure I'm exhausting this line, but sarcasm is very difficult to convey across a computer screen. It's one of my reasons for not bothering to attempt it.

its up to you then ,BTW sarcasm is a piece of cake:ton:

Laras Boyfr.
23-05-12, 21:13
@Sky: Is the 2nd switch in the upper or very bottom room?

skylark1121
23-05-12, 21:15
The trigger square is in the bottom room. :)

Controfiliburu
24-05-12, 13:49
I was following this tut http://skribblerz.com/tuts/laraaha.htm and I have problem. When I want to add a sound effect to frame there isn`t LARA_PICKUP option. But when I want to click on the LARA_PICKUP sound in Sound Meneger in WadMerger it says that the sound don`t have source or something like that. How can I enable it?

bekim
24-05-12, 15:00
hey guys id liket to know where to find AOD Parisian backstreets object textures i really need them:)

Mytly
24-05-12, 17:57
I've been having another issue with flipmaps.
In the screen below, there are two stacked rooms. On one end, Lara triggered the flipmap, and the room filled with water as expected. Now, I'm trying to make the room on top fill with water, but it's not working. :(

http://oi49.************/1zfqw5c.jpg

The whole (two rooms) room should be underwater by now, but the above room is not flipping when triggered. :(
By default, both of the flipmaps were #0. Of course, I had to change that, so I changed the above room's number to 1.
No luck....

Am I doing something wrong? :/
Make sure you place the trigger for the second flipmap in the first flipped room, not the original room. :)

Titak
24-05-12, 18:06
I was following this tut http://skribblerz.com/tuts/laraaha.htm and I have problem. When I want to add a sound effect to frame there isn`t LARA_PICKUP option. But when I want to click on the LARA_PICKUP sound in Sound Meneger in WadMerger it says that the sound don`t have source or something like that. How can I enable it?
I have a Lara_aha.wav sample in my Sound/Samples folder.
Do you also have it?

Raider99
24-05-12, 18:08
I have same problem, so i can join this conversation.
I have it, but don't know about Controfuliburu. :o

AkyV
24-05-12, 18:53
I think you can't add Lara_aha.wav with WADMerger Sound Manager to the WAD. That function of Sound Manager is probably buggy.
Try to add Lara_aha.wav by the good old Sounds.txt as it is written in that tutorial.

Raider99
24-05-12, 18:55
I have problem, it edit file but didn't show any new file like .sam or .sfx? :confused:

Controfiliburu
24-05-12, 19:05
@Titak Yes, I do.

AkyV
24-05-12, 19:24
@Raider99:
Do you mean your SFX/SAM won't be updated if you run SFX_Example.bat? Because you MUST have one SFX and one SAM for each existing WAD.

So, if your SFX/SAM won't be updated then open SFX_Example.bat to edit. Probably that is in it:

pcwadsfx settomb c
pcwadsfx tut1 d
pcwadsfx title t
pcwadsfx catacomb s
pcwadsfx city w
pcwadsfx cleopal r
pcwadsfx coastal p
pcwadsfx karnak h

You need an entry for your wad as well, with a/more letter(s) as a code. For example:

pcwadsfx mylevel xyz

In which the name of your WAD is mylevel.wad. (The letter code can be anything that is not reserved for another used WAD.)
Btw you don't need entries here for the unused wads.

(I don't recommend to use both Sound Manager and SFX_Example.bat to edit sounds at the same time. They can bother each other. Or, at least, if you use Sound Manager for a WAD and you've used SFX_Example.bat before for that WAD then don't use SFX_Example.bat any more for that WAD.)

Raider99
24-05-12, 19:35
Ok, i opened it and i'll try now to make it work!

EDIT: OK, i edited and in wad merger to check it's ticked, but i still can't add it to frame, here is check from file
and entry for sound:

pcwadsfx settomb c
pcwadsfx tut1 d
pcwadsfx title t
pcwadsfx catacomb s
pcwadsfx city w
pcwadsfx cleopal r
pcwadsfx coastal p
pcwadsfx karnak h
pcwadsfx beta g

copy *.sam ..\..\graphics\wads
copy *.sfx ..\..\graphics\wads

del *.sam
del *.sfx

LARA_PICKUP: Lara_aha VOL46 RAD13 #g

Joey79100
25-05-12, 04:55
You cannot use #g, because #g is used by all wads so it haven't to be speciefied in the batch file.
If you started of an existing Wad you also can use a letter already used by replacing the original Wad name by yours (for example tut1).

If you want you can add pause, and when the conversion is finished the window will remain open so you can see if there's something wrong by reading the lines.

Titak
25-05-12, 08:35
Nothing wrong with using #g.

But you are right about #g being used by all wads.
So by typing #g it will indeed be added to all wads when you use the batch conversion thingy.

I always use Screamer.
No more DOS related batch thingy. Screamer is a nice to use program that does the saving and converting for you.
I also like how it is easier to convert to new .sam and .sfx files for the specified wad only and you can easily assign new letters.
Like for MoA-Courtyard I used letters MC, for X Marks the Spot I used MX, etc.

bekim
25-05-12, 10:25
hey guys id liket to know where to find AOD Parisian backstreets object textures i really need them:)

focus a little :(

Raider99
25-05-12, 11:39
Nothing wrong with using #g.

But you are right about #g being used by all wads.
So by typing #g it will indeed be added to all wads when you use the batch conversion thingy.

I always use Screamer.
No more DOS related batch thingy. Screamer is a nice to use program that does the saving and converting for you.
I also like how it is easier to convert to new .sam and .sfx files for the specified wad only and you can easily assign new letters.
Like for MoA-Courtyard I used letters MC, for X Marks the Spot I used MX, etc.

@Joey, thanks for trying to help. :)
Titak, ok i'l try screamer. ;)

Raider99
26-05-12, 10:43
Is there any way how can i add name to Quest_Item slot?
I can add name for pickup,puzzle and key, but i need for this.:o

Titak
26-05-12, 10:55
That needs to be done in the English.txt.
The QUEST_ITEM slots are listed there.

bekim
26-05-12, 10:56
where can i find TRL sfx sounds (laras sfx)and possibly gun sound

Titak
26-05-12, 11:01
TR Search Engine has some TRL/TRA sounds if I remember correctly.

bekim
26-05-12, 11:06
TR Search Engine has some TRL/TRA sounds if I remember correctly.

nah only TRA there are.

Raider99
26-05-12, 11:12
That needs to be done in the English.txt.
The QUEST_ITEM slots are listed there.

Thanks! :D

@Bekim, here:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3176

Titak
26-05-12, 11:13
Are they that different from the TRL ones then?

bekim
26-05-12, 11:16
Thanks! :D

@Bekim, here:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3176

http://joemelle.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/cowkissingair.gif

a little TRA is more hysterical

Raider99
There are same, TRA and TRL use same sounds, little differences, TRA is little louder when she jump or other.
He need this, he didn't explore there:

Bradley23170
Are they that different from the TRL ones then?

Lara makes very different noises. In anniversary/underworld, lara makes a noise for everything while legend lara is quite quiet.

Edit : @raider99 : in the english strings from number 91-96

bekim
26-05-12, 11:20
There are same, TRA and TRL use same sounds, little differences, TRA is little louder when she jump or other.
He need this, he didn't explore there:

i played both but after im making a Ghana level i like to use trl sfx;)

edit:( there's no rolling sound

Raider99
26-05-12, 11:21
@Bradley, i found and deleted question. :p

JessyTR
26-05-12, 12:15
I need help, I have 2 doors in different slots, and I want to open it after Lara use 2 keys in 2 holes, how can I open the 2 doors at the same time?

bagas
26-05-12, 12:17
I need help, I have 2 doors in different slots, and I want to open it after Lara use 2 keys in 2 holes, how can I open the 2 doors at the same time?

by triggering the 2 doors in the first keyhole trigger square,and 2 doors again in the second keyhole trigger square

Bradley23170
26-05-12, 12:30
by triggering the 2 doors in the first keyhole trigger square,and 2 doors again in the second keyhole trigger square

Don't you have to enter OCB numbers into the triggers aswell?

bagas
26-05-12, 12:37
Don't you have to enter OCB numbers into the triggers aswell?

oh yes,i forget to explains it
trigger the 2 doors in the first keyhole trigger square,and 2 doors again in the second keyhole trigger square
then adjust the keyhole trigger OCB to
keyhole 1 :number1 pressed,and the other are not pressed
keyhole 2 :number 2,3,4,5 pressed

JessyTR
26-05-12, 12:52
Thanks guys :D

bekim
26-05-12, 15:29
hey is there any chance to change the camera to make it more distanced
:D(the normal camera that follows Lara)

Bradley23170
26-05-12, 16:20
hey is there any chance to change the camera to make it more distanced
:D(the normal camera that follows Lara)

On this page (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/ngleprojectfiles.htm) third down the list there is a tutorial all to do with cameras:D

bekim
26-05-12, 16:30
On this page (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/ngleprojectfiles.htm) third down the list there is a tutorial all to do with cameras:D

the main camera:D the general one:) to make it more distanced

Bradley23170
26-05-12, 16:36
the main camera:D the general one:) to make it more distanced

I think Seth94 managed it. Try sending him a message;)

bekim
26-05-12, 17:24
I think Seth94 managed it. Try sending him a message;)

|@bradley :he said he did it with TREP not TRNG

@ everyone IS it possible

TheBloodRed
26-05-12, 17:51
TRNG has a script that allows you to do various things with the camera, including setting the distance.

http://skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/ngleprojectfiles.htm
Go to the section about Cameras.

If you want to use TREP, then I have no clue if you will be able to change such a thing.

bekim
26-05-12, 18:08
TRNG has a script that allows you to do various things with the camera, including setting the distance.

http://skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/ngleprojectfiles.htm
Go to the section about Cameras.

If you want to use TREP, then I have no clue if you will be able to change such a thing.

OK i checked everything but i didn't find what im looking for,(perhaps idk what im looking for) anyone that exactly how its done :jmp:
SCRIPT possible or Flip Trigger if required:D

*praying*

Titak
26-05-12, 18:27
Customize= CUST_CAMERA, ***
For more info on CUST_CAMERA, read NG-Centre Reference.

bekim
26-05-12, 18:30
Customize= CUST_CAMERA, ***
For more info on CUST_CAMERA, read NG-Centre Reference.

*god exists*

@ everyone the full script please

EDIT:i did it

Customize= CUST_CAMERA,FCAM_INVISIBLE_LARA_ON_LOOK_CAM,$1000,-1820,0,$1000,-2730,-1024,+16,IGNORE

i like the way it looks:
http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg496/bekim12/Untitled1.jpg

Kapu
26-05-12, 18:37

I've had the distance on my camera changed via TREP far before TRNG was even released.

RardRaider
27-05-12, 01:39
*god exists*

@ everyone the full script please

EDIT:i did it

Customize= CUST_CAMERA,FCAM_INVISIBLE_LARA_ON_LOOK_CAM,$1000,-1820,0,$1000,-2730,-1024,+16,IGNORE

i like the way it looks:

You could also use Paramaters=PARAM_SET_CAMERA,... (using the same parameters as in CUST_CAMERA command) for dynamic camera changes in game :)

bekim
27-05-12, 13:21
how can i make pistol ammo limited:jmp:

edit:
Sunday and there's nobody online

AgentXP
27-05-12, 13:53
Hey, does anyone know what happened to the Skribblerz tut on how to make TR2 style zip lines - I remember seeing it, there was a WAD with zip line object too; but since they redesigned the site I can't find it on the tut list. :S

Eden95
27-05-12, 13:58
There you go. :)

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/ziplinesswingpoles.htm

Titak
27-05-12, 14:00
how can i make pistol ammo limited:jmp:

edit:
Sunday and there's nobody onlineTRNG, right?
If so, please post in TRNG section.

For now, check Customize= CUST_AMMO and Customize= CUST_WEAPON scripts.

AgentXP
27-05-12, 14:00
^ Thanks Eden, been looking for it for ages :hug: :tmb:

bekim
27-05-12, 15:30
TRNG, right?
If so, please post in TRNG section.

For now, check Customize= CUST_AMMO and Customize= CUST_WEAPON scripts.

sorry my mistake:(

ThatLazyKid
27-05-12, 15:57
Hi, I've got quite a problem with the flyby camera's I'm using for my level. I've set the OCBs and triggers correctly, but when I test the camera, for some reason, it hovers over the entire span of cameras in a weird fashion, loops around, then the initial flyby sequence starts. Sorry if this sounds confusing and what not, this is the only way I can explain things:o

Does anyone else have this problem, or can someone help me?

TheTiger
27-05-12, 16:14
Hi, I've got quite a problem with the flyby camera's I'm using for my level. I've set the OCBs and triggers correctly, but when I test the camera, for some reason, it hovers over the entire span of cameras in a weird fashion, loops around, then the initial flyby sequence starts. Sorry if this sounds confusing and what not, this is the only way I can explain things:o

Do you have any rollingballs triggering an heavytrigger and that the rollingball ends on that square where the heavytrigger is? This can cause problems with Flyby's. ;)

Eden95
27-05-12, 16:30

Do you have any rollingballs triggering an heavytrigger and that the rollingball ends on that square where the heavytrigger is? This can cause problems with Flyby's. ;)

I also suggest making sure you've set 'one-shot' on the flyby camera, which stops it from looping endlessly. Hope that helps. :)

ThatLazyKid
27-05-12, 21:37
I also suggest making sure you've set 'one-shot' on the flyby camera, which stops it from looping endlessly. Hope that helps. :)

I'm afraid I don't have a rollingball in that area, and the trigger was already a one-shot:(

Here's a short example of what I'm talking about, hope it helps!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJ7UimH6fA&feature=youtu.be

Titak
28-05-12, 14:35
Are they numbered in the right order?
Are they pointing in the right direction? (I saw one movement which happens when there's a sudden change in direction of the cameras)
Have any buttons been pushed in the OCB of any of the camera's except the first one? If so, which buttons are pushed?

THOR2010
28-05-12, 16:50
im using treps flipeffect editor and using this command... which should be correct since it came strait from the trep website, but it still says its an unknown command?

FILL_HOLSTERS UZIS

Titak
28-05-12, 17:00
What are you trying to do exactly?
Get rid of that "empty holsters bug" for the sixshooter and the uzis?
Because if this is the case then it can be solved with another setting in the TREP main window if I remember correctly.

THOR2010
28-05-12, 17:53
Lara is given the Uzis during a cutscene, im using with the ADD_WEAPON command.

Titak
28-05-12, 18:00
Oh, okay.
Sorry, can't help then. :o
It's been too long since I used TREP. :(

THOR2010
28-05-12, 18:25
thats ok, thanks anyway though:)

ThatLazyKid
28-05-12, 20:27
Are they numbered in the right order?
Are they pointing in the right direction? (I saw one movement which happens when there's a sudden change in direction of the cameras)
Have any buttons been pushed in the OCB of any of the camera's except the first one? If so, which buttons are pushed?

Yes, there is a little change in movement on the span of cameras. I've checked the OCBs and noticed that the 6 was pushed on the very last one, and it wasn't pushed on the first one. Feeling a little ridiculous, but I believe I've fixed the problem.:o

Thanks Titak!:D

THOR2010
28-05-12, 23:39
more trep questions... turns out the last problem i had was because i didnt have the most recent trep files!

im using the darw_item command, but no matter what item i set to appear, its a memory card?

Kapu
29-05-12, 00:44
more trep questions... turns out the last problem i had was because i didnt have the most recent trep files!

im using the darw_item command, but no matter what item i set to appear, its a memory card?

make sure you have the right object ID, thor. you can find it in WADMerger.

for example, here's the UZI_ITEM object ID in WADMerger. :D

http://i45.************/213rmv7.jpg

so then your flip would look like DRAW_ITEM 351 X.

and viola!
http://i50.************/33yt73t.jpg

(i hope you found my red arrows helpful. :D)

THOR2010
29-05-12, 01:06
ahhh. i see, i was using the actual name and trep never saw a problem with it, now it works, thnx:)

and yes the arrow was very helpful!

Titak
29-05-12, 12:37
Now where on earth is that tutorial project about custom bars?! :hea:

I want a bar that smoothly drains in 5 seconds...
So from 100% full it should smoothly drain to 0% in 5 seconds (150 frames).

Controfiliburu
29-05-12, 12:40
^ I through that you`re using TRNG :D

Titak
29-05-12, 13:12
Yeah, I do.
Was checking the TRNG section if somebody had answered already, wondering where my question had gone, then realising I was in the wrong section when I posted my question. :hea:

Going to proper section now. :D

So never mind.

THOR2010
29-05-12, 14:08
lol, ive really gotten into trep, one more question, theres no way the use the disable ingame save option while im using the diary feature is there?

Kapu
29-05-12, 18:53
hmm, i guess not. i wonder if there's a workaround. i'll look into it for you.

THOR2010
29-05-12, 19:45
thanks,so far as i can tell there isnt, the option seems to do nothing when the diary is active too:(

Eden95
30-05-12, 20:09
These meshswaps confuse me, I have a BADDY_2 with MESHSWAP_2, I edited this baddy a bit, and put the new one into the same wad as BADDY_1, with the same meshswap but now as MESHSWAP_3, but now he uses the meshwap while he's using the uzi (which he shouldn't use at all) and looks how he should look when he's using the 'sword'.

How do I get him to stop using his uzi?

Bradley23170
31-05-12, 07:03
I opened the editor today and every time I pressed Ctrl, it asked me how many rooms I wanted. I closed and reopened the editor and the "problem" was gone.:confused:

Is there a way to just choose how many rooms you want?