PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

AgentXP
31-05-12, 21:45
How do you get the smashable bike wall and floor to shatter? The manual says you have to set all the obcs to on – I’ve done that and it still doesn’t shatter – any ideas? :confused:

RardRaider
31-05-12, 22:31
How do you get the smashable bike wall and floor to shatter? The manual says you have to set all the obcs to on – I’ve done that and it still doesn’t shatter – any ideas? :confused:

That's strange. IIRC in the City Of The Dead level both had all OCB flags checked and OCB = 0

AgentXP
31-05-12, 22:35
That's strange. IIRC in the City Of The Dead level both had all OCB flags checked and OCB = 0

Yeah, that's exactly what I've got. :confused: :confused:

ThatLazyKid
31-05-12, 23:50
I've got a problem whenever I try to change the color of my health bar. I go by the NGLE Manual completely, but whenever I load up my game, the bar's completely black! How do I fix this?:(

Here's a screenshot of the script commands I have:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/that_lazy_kid/7311243724/in/photostream/lightbox/

Joey79100
01-06-12, 05:47
You must have first ColorRGB= command and then the corresponding Customize= command. ;)

ThatLazyKid
01-06-12, 18:43
You must have first ColorRGB= command and then the corresponding Customize= command. ;)

Ohh!:hea: Thanks, my bars are working perfectly now!:D

matrix54
01-06-12, 21:52
Does anyone know the enemy limit, both patched and unpatched?

disapearing-boy
01-06-12, 22:08
I presume you mean the limit on enemies triggered at the same time yeah?

Unpatched, I believe it's about 6 to 8 enemies. I'm not sure about the patched but I'm sure it's higher.

matrix54
02-06-12, 00:32
Oh, that's terrible. Ruins my plans. :vlol:

Thank you. :D

Titak
02-06-12, 14:08
Have you tried it?
Because if it does not cause problems in your level you might be able to put more enemies in it so you can properly work otu your plan(s).

I can't remember whether or not you use TRNG but it looks like TRNG can handle a lot more active enemies.
I sometimes DOZY through my CC2 level from start to nearly the end, triggering enemies all over the place without killing them along the way and I encounter no problems.

matrix54
02-06-12, 14:28
That's good news indeed. Thank you. :D

Titak
02-06-12, 14:30
Just give your plan a try and see if anything weird happens anywhere else in the game. :D

matrix54
02-06-12, 14:39
I have a joke.
19 baboons walking into an Airplane...
I forgot the rest, but here's a picture:

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7599/shot109.png

ThatLazyKid
02-06-12, 18:47
Wow, I seem to be on here quite a lot lately as my level is developing!:o

I've got a quick question, though; Any way to make pistol ammo limited with TRNG? I've tried editing the script with the Customize= CUST_AMMO command, but my ammo for the pistols always ends up unlimited! Any way to fix the script command? Or is there another way other than TREP? Help would be much appreciated, and I'll try to leave this thread alone and figure some stuff out for myself for once after this!:o

RardRaider
02-06-12, 19:11
Wow, I seem to be on here quite a lot lately as my level is developing!:o

I've got a quick question, though; Any way to make pistol ammo limited with TRNG? I've tried editing the script with the Customize= CUST_AMMO command, but my ammo for the pistols always ends up unlimited!

Check out Paolone's Fish demo project (http://www.trlevelmanager.net/demos.htm), apart from fish it also demonstrates the use of an ammo counter and has working pistols with limited ammo :D

Since this is a TRNG question you're btw in the wrong thread :ton:

TheBloodRed
02-06-12, 21:10
Wow so many!! I guess you can say that you have become BABBOOZLED!

:vlol:

matrix54
02-06-12, 21:30
Well, when you need a lot of thing to kill... :whi:

Controfiliburu
03-06-12, 13:12
How is called the tool that can apply animated textures on objects?

Titak
03-06-12, 13:50
PixStr can do that. :D

!Lara Croft!
08-06-12, 05:27
Is there any special setup to get lara to put a FLAME_EMITTER out with a waterskin because she is just tipping it onto the ground for me...

Uzi master
08-06-12, 05:42
Is there any special setup to get lara to put a FLAME_EMITTER out with a waterskin because she is just tipping it onto the ground for me...

You could use an invisible ELEMENT_PUZZLE (I think its called) object, and put an anti-trigger for the flame under it. I think you need a certain OCB for it to accept water from the waterskin, and of course a key-trigger underneath it.

Alternatively you could just use a puzzle slot, put the waterskin in it and have an invisible puzzle hole. I haven't worked with the element puzzle so this may be better because I know you can make Lara place an item in a puzzle hole from the side of a square. Since, I assume it's a deadly flame Lara'd probably light herself up whilst pouring the water. putting "-###" in the OCB box(where ### is the animation number) will make Lara play that animation at a puzzle hole so you can use that for the pouring-water animation; but you probably knew that anyway.

AkyV
08-06-12, 09:32

There is a TRNG solution if you care about it:
Let's suppose, the flame emitter has ID 2 now. Place these two triggers on its square:

; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 44
; Exporting: TRIGGER(44:0) for ACTION(2)
; <#> : FLAME_EMITTER ID 2
; <&> : Trigger. (Moveable) Untrigger <#>Object with (E)Timer value
; (E) : Timer= +00
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 2, $2C

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 16
; Exporting: CONDITION(16:62) for PARAMETER(1)
; <#> : MultEnvCondition= 1
; <&> : Multiple condition of <#>MultEnvCondition script command in (E)way
; (E) : In AND way. (All ENV conditions have to be true)
; Values to add in script command: $8000, 1, $10

So Lara will extinguish the flame only if MultEnvCondition is true.
And this is in the Script:

MultEnvCondition= 1, ENV_POS_STRIP_3+ENV_CONDITION_TRIGGER_GROUP, 1, -1
TriggerGroup= 1, $5000, 0, $36, $2000, 256, $850, $8000, 80, $28
Parameters= PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS, 11067

; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 54
; Exporting: TRIGGER(54:0) for ACTION(0)
; <#> : LARA ID 0
; <&> : Variables. Set the index of <#>moveable as Selected Item
; (E) :
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 0, $36

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 256
; Exporting: TRIGGER(2128:0) for FLIPEFFECT(256)
; <#> : Variables. Memory. Copy to <&> Numeric Variable the (E)Selected Item Memory
; <&> : Local Short Alfa1
; (E) : Frame Now (warning it's an abs value) (Short)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 256, $850

; Set Trigger Type - CONDITION 40
; Exporting: CONDITION(40:62) for PARAMETER(80)
; <#> : Local Short Alfa1
; <&> : Variables. The <#>Numeric Variable is = than (E)Big Number value
; (E) : Value of Parameters=PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS at index= 0
; Values to add in script command: $8000, 80, $28

ENV_POS_STRIP_3 means Lara must face the middle of the square (i.e. she must face the flame), when she's standing on the square of the flame. (The ENV_POS_STRIP_3 is not too exact now, maybe you should find a more exact ENV_POS constant.)
TG1 uses "Frame Now (warning it's an abs value) (Short)" Item Memory Zone field, with Lara as the actual subject of the zone. So if she faces the flame, and the value of this field is 11067 then the flame will be extinguished.
But what is this 11067?
Well, Lara's Animation400 is the animation when she's pouring the water from the waterskin. When you see this in “NG Center\Tools\Animation Watcher\Show PRESENT ANIMATIONS for current slot”, then you have different values in the green window at FrameStart and FrameEnd values - it depends on what your WAD contains.
Let's suppose FrameStart (the absolute frame index of the first frame of Animation400) is 10957 and FrameEnd (the absolute frame index of the last frame of Animation400) is 11067 now.
So, if she faces the flame and the water-pouring animation reaches its last frame, then the flame will be put out.
(A frame somewhere between 10957 and 11067 would be better, but if you do that then Lara's Animation400 will be broken at that frame - though the flame will be put out.)

Raider99
08-06-12, 15:47
Is there any way i can make Lara no sliding on ground when she die?
She always slide on the surface.

Eden95
08-06-12, 15:59
I'm looking for the TRC sound of Lara falling off the tight-rope where she gasps just before she loses balance, where could I find it? Because it's not so easy to extract TRC sounds from the disk.

Thanks.

Raider99
08-06-12, 16:09
It's here:
Lara_noh sound when she's falling from tight rope. ^_^

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1935

Eden95
08-06-12, 16:38
It's here:
Lara_noh sound when she's falling from tight rope. ^_^

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1935

Cheers man :D

That's so helpful. :)

crazyme4u
09-06-12, 07:22
Hello,

i have a problem using StrPix under XP. The program closes when I click on the black 3d window. That makes it impossible to texture objects, because everytime I try to click on part of the object StrPix closes without an error message.

Does anyone know a solution?

Edit: Only happening with the v3.9 version.

Raider99
09-06-12, 07:37
I think there are missed files, try newest one:
I had that problem too, but i forgot which files i didn't have. It's some .txt file.
When i tried to download from Sapper's link -4Shared- it say i need to be registrated, so i uploaded on media fire. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?951rr43mj5wf5qq

crazyme4u
09-06-12, 07:46
I think there are missed files, try newest one:
I had that problem too, but i forgot which files i didn't have. It's some .txt file.
When i tried to download from Sapper's link -4Shared- it say i need to be registrated, so i uploaded on media fire. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?951rr43mj5wf5qq

Wow that was a quick answer. Thank you very much but it didn't work. Still the same problem :(

Raider99
09-06-12, 08:21
When i tried it first time, i didn't have some files and when open StripX and click on work window, it show error and cancel. Do you have 8 files in that zip o gave you?

crazyme4u
09-06-12, 08:36
When i tried it first time, i didn't have some files and when open StripX and click on work window, it show error and cancel. Do you have 8 files in that zip o gave you?

Yep, I have 8 files. The point is, that StrPix does not even show an error message but just closes...

Raider99
09-06-12, 08:37
Weird, sorry i can't help then. :(

!Lara Croft!
10-06-12, 04:47
I have a problem.

I would like Lara's attic to have lights you can turn on and off. I am not experienced with flipmaps but there a pushables in the room and wouldn't it screw up the puzzle with them as the player can turn the lights on and off at any time.

I tried using AMBER_LIGHT but no.1, its blue despite me copying it from the city of the dead wad and no.2, it flickers.

I would just like static lights you can turn on and off. I did a bit of searching and someone mentioned there were triggerable lights in TRNG, is this true?

Raider99
10-06-12, 09:43
Sorry, can't help. :(

Does anyone know how can i fix this problem below?
I check in StripX and textures are fine, like in Cleopatra's palace level but this always show on animating:

http://i.imgur.com/qxAkC.png

Laras Boyfr.
10-06-12, 09:51
I have a problem.

I would like Lara's attic to have lights you can turn on and off. I am not experienced with flipmaps but there a pushables in the room and wouldn't it screw up the puzzle with them as the player can turn the lights on and off at any time.

I tried using AMBER_LIGHT but no.1, its blue despite me copying it from the city of the dead wad and no.2, it flickers.

I would just like static lights you can turn on and off. I did a bit of searching and someone mentioned there were triggerable lights in TRNG, is this true?

ADD_EFFECT -> ADD_LIGHT_FLAT is your solution.
Put some statics in your attic and add the desired addeffect to them.
With switches ingame you can enable/disable the light effects ;)

!Lara Croft!
10-06-12, 10:06
Excellent, as i was going to have bulbs hanging down. ^_^

...but how do i script all this up? Ive got this in my script.

AddEffect= 1, ADD_LIGHT_FLAT, FADD_NONE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 40, 3, MIST_COL_YELLOW

now how do i trigger it?

Titak
10-06-12, 10:23
^
AddEffect= should indeed work! :tmb:

In case you are wondering, there is a light object called WHITE_LIGHT which is a nullmesh object just like AMBER_LIGHT.
It gives off a flat light and you can adjust the colour using OCB values. (check Reference OCBlist to see how it works.) :D

Sorry, can't help. :(

Does anyone know how can i fix this problem below?
I check in StripX and textures are fine, like in Cleopatra's palace level but this always show on animating:
Do you have any waterfalls in your wad?
If so, make sure that the waterfall textures are always the largest in the wad.
I always make my waterfall textures 128 x 256 (256 being the height) and all my other textures are less than 256 in height so my waterfall textures are always the first in the wad.

If this doesn't solve the issue you could put the PLANET_EFFECT object for Lost Library in your wad.
Simply add it to the wad and if all goes well the problem will be fixed because the planet-effect will take on the faulty textures because it will be the first object after the waterfall objects.
Sound weird? Yeah, it is weird. But it has helped me out numerous times. :D

Raider99
10-06-12, 10:50
Thanks. :hug:

!Lara Croft!
10-06-12, 10:54
It mentions that it goes from green (-32) to red (+32) with the OCB's. Where would yellow be?

Titak
10-06-12, 11:23
If you colourpick yellow in a paintprogamm you get a mixture of green and red values.
So, somewhere in between -32 and +32 I'd say.

tomb2player
10-06-12, 12:37
Is it possible to merge for example 2 static objects to one, by using Strpix or Wadmerger? Or any other program exept metasequia :) . Ill try to explain it clear what i mean: For example i have 5 static meshes on slots: plant 1, plant 2, plant 3, plant 4, plant 5. And i need to make all these meshes as one, for example plant 0. Is it possible with any other way than Metasequia? :)

Laras Boyfr.
10-06-12, 12:54
Is it possible to merge for example 2 static objects to one, by using Strpix or Wadmerger? Or any other program exept metasequia :) . Ill try to explain it clear what i mean: For example i have 5 static meshes on slots: plant 1, plant 2, plant 3, plant 4, plant 5. And i need to make all these meshes as one, for example plant 0. Is it possible with any other way than Metasequia? :)

Use editwad :)
Select the mesh where you want the meshes to be merged on the left side and go on the right side to the mesh which you want to add.
Click on add and the mesh on the left will have now the new mesh :)

Titak
10-06-12, 18:35
^That replaces meshes, it does not combine different meshes into one slot.

But EditWad is indeed the best way to go.

Export those 5 objects as mqo files, and open them in Meta.
Place them together as they should be placed together, some simple rotating and moving should do it, if they aren't placed correctly already.
Save the whole thing as 1 mqo.
Select the plant0 mesh in EditWad so its wiremesh appears in the left view window.
In the righthand window you open the now joined mesh and click on the Copy button.
Save your wad.

Voila, done!
You don't have to retexture anything so your object will be ready for placing. :D

The only thing you might want to check is if the collision is correct and it'll improve the looks of the object if you would add some light to it with STRPix Light Editor. :D

!Lara Croft!
11-06-12, 07:04
Okay there is no yellow on this spectrum at all >_>. Argh this is annoying me.

Laras Boyfr.
11-06-12, 11:14
^That replaces meshes, it does not combine different meshes into one slot.

Nope, my method is a way to add meshes to another mesh, and I always use that method

Titak
11-06-12, 14:03
Oh shoo! You said ADD.
I used COPY. There's the difference. :rolleyes:
Okay, my mistake. :o

The individual meshes might still need some rotating or moving when they all have their centre in the same spot, like on the middle of the tile.
So Meta might still be needed.
But this will become quite obvious when adding the meshes together in one slot. :D

@ everybody:
I get this funny feeling that I'm forgetting something.
Something I got through PM which I have read but have not replied to yet.
Should be no longer than 2 weeks ago... I think...
If you are the person I forgot to send a reply to, please resend your PM. :o

tomb2player
12-06-12, 11:13
Working, tnx guys :)

Titak
12-06-12, 14:49
@ everybody:
I get this funny feeling that I'm forgetting something.
Something I got through PM which I have read but have not replied to yet.
Should be no longer than 2 weeks ago... I think...
If you are the person I forgot to send a reply to, please resend your PM. :oIt's been taken care of already. :D

tomb2player
12-06-12, 17:07
I have question: Where is located on the HD ( win 7 ) information about things changed in tomb4setup?. And i saw another thing: When i change something in tr4setup, the changes are global on my PC for all customs. Is there any way to separate them? For example: I want to create premanent settings for my custom, is it possible? Because what i know know, settings are stored in PC, not game and for example if i send my custom to another PC, settings will be other than on the old one. Is there any way to keep it untouched?

RardRaider
12-06-12, 21:36
I have question: Where is located on the HD ( win 7 ) information about things changed in tomb4setup?. And i saw another thing: When i change something in tr4setup, the changes are global on my PC for all customs. Is there any way to separate them? For example: I want to create premanent settings for my custom, is it possible? Because what i know know, settings are stored in PC, not game and for example if i send my custom to another PC, settings will be other than on the old one. Is there any way to keep it untouched?

They're stored in the registry under the key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Core Design\Tomb Raider Level Editor for all custom levels and IMO that can't be changed. What are you using? TREP or TRNG?
With TRNG basically all relevant settings can be controlled by script and/or TRNG triggers anyways.

tomb2player
12-06-12, 22:42
i'm using TRNG :)

so, for example: screen resolution also can be controlled ( set ) in script?

thecentaur
14-06-12, 01:15
Has there been any solution found to make NGLE/TRLE run as fast on Vista as XP? My Vista makes NGLE run slower than a paraplegic turtle :c

Things I have tried:

Installing in Documents folder (didn't work)
Disabling DEP (didn't work)
Compatibility modes (didn't work)
Running as administrator (didn't work)
Updating nvidia drivers (didn't work)
Restarting computer many times (didn't work)

Help! D:

THOR2010
14-06-12, 01:22
My Vista makes NGLE run slower than a paraplegic turtle :c

hahahaha!

when i still had my xp comp i never had problems with the editor being slow? dont know about vista though, is the game itself slow or just the editor?

thecentaur
14-06-12, 01:24
hahahaha!

when i still had my xp comp i never had problems with the editor being slow? dont know about vista though, is the game itself slow or just the editor?

The game is fine c: but the editor is extremely slow, especially with a few objects or a few lights in a small room. :|

THOR2010
14-06-12, 01:51
i have that problem on windows 7 too, if ur trying to texture after u've placed objects you can use the hide objects button.

TheTiger
14-06-12, 10:13
TheCentaur@:
Maybe try to open NGLE from the folder and not NG_center? This solves stupid bugs for me, maybe this works for you.

And did you try the settings IN NGLE? With the upper two you can edit the zoom and turning speed.

ThatLazyKid
14-06-12, 19:56
Quick question: For some reason, the texture sounds I've placed on some of my textures won't work! The "Marble" Texture sound doesn't work at all in-game, and is just replaced with the original "Stone" sound. Anyone know how to fix this?

Titak
14-06-12, 20:09
The marble sound is not one that is assigned to a wad by default (#g), so, you do have to make sure that the sound is also assigned to your wad.
You can add it with WADMerger Sound Manager. :D

THOR2010
17-06-12, 22:37
im trying to remake the tr1 peru textures into tr4 quality and thought id post to get some feedback, nothing much just recolored tr1 and tr4 textures put together

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/7770/newtr1.png

wyverndragon
18-06-12, 02:16
I've been working with the level editor for a bit (and without many problems! *le gasp!* :D ), but I've run into this issue...

I'm using TREP, and am trying to use the loading screens patch. I have the newest version of everything, and have the loading screens, eSSe and Scripted Parameters I, II & III patches enabled (along with other stuff)

My setup is I have a generic loading.bmp, and I want one level to use a different bmp for the loading screen. So I type LoadingScreen= screens\new.bmp in the Script2.txt file for that level, and recompile everything...

and it uses the defualt loading screen! I've tried recompiling again, recompressing the .TR4, and even remodifying the exe, but I can't seem to get the thing to work!!!

Help plz? :confused:

THOR2010
18-06-12, 02:36
hmm, never had that problem before? have you tried using a different destination yet? or is there an spelling errors in the script?

!Lara Croft!
19-06-12, 00:39
I would like to see the camera positions and setting for the manor segment of the TRC flyby, but they aren't extracted with TR2prj and i cant see them in fexinspect. How can I find them?

THOR2010
19-06-12, 02:41
what about tr2prj? would they be exported?

!Lara Croft!
19-06-12, 03:47
I would like to see the camera positions and setting for the manor segment of the TRC flyby, but they aren't extracted with TR2prj and i cant see them in fexinspect. How can I find them?

:pi:

THOR2010
19-06-12, 03:59
oh, whoops, lol didnt see that!

EDIT: what about 3d tomb raider viewer, never used it but might have them?
http://www.aspidetr.com/tools/3d-tomb-raider-viewer/3d-tomb-raider-viewer-version-1-1/

!Lara Croft!
19-06-12, 04:04
Doesn't work on vista.

Kapu
19-06-12, 05:33
well it's not Thor's fault it doesn't work on Vista. you could at least thank him for taking the time to look around for something for you.

i'm not familiar with any programs that can display fly-by cameras for TR levels. i thought maybe FexInspect could, but it doesn't. :( unfortunately the download link for the program Thor linked to is dead, so i can't check that one to see if it displays camera info either (if there was some way to make it work on Vista).

!Lara Croft!
19-06-12, 05:48
Sorry I come off as impolite, I'm just very direct, blame my aspergers. Thank you for looking into it THOR.

bagas
19-06-12, 13:29
im making my waterfall object but this happens :(

http://i.imgur.com/1xm8J.jpg

The texture got messed up and some dont even animate,how do i fix this problems?,thanks :)

Titak
19-06-12, 13:44
The waterfall texture needs to be the largest texture in the wad.

I always make my waterfall textures 128 wide and 256 high.
All my other wad textures are less than 256 high so the waterfall texture is always the largest in the wad.

It can work properly if the waterfall texture isn't the largest in the wad but that's random.

bagas
19-06-12, 14:23
The waterfall texture needs to be the largest texture in the wad.

I always make my waterfall textures 128 wide and 256 high.
All my other wad textures are less than 256 high so the waterfall texture is always the largest in the wad.

It can work properly if the waterfall texture isn't the largest in the wad but that's random.
Thanks for your help Titak,now it works :jmp:

Titak
19-06-12, 15:32
:tmb:

Kapu
19-06-12, 16:27
im making my waterfall object but this happens :(

http://i.imgur.com/1xm8J.jpg

The texture got messed up and some dont even animate,how do i fix this problems?,thanks :)

this is a really cool screenshot, by the way! besides the messy waterfall, of course. haha :)

Laras Boyfr.
19-06-12, 16:29
this is a really cool screenshot, by the way! besides the messy waterfall, of course. haha :)

Thought the same :D
But I woudlnt wear Jeans there :p

Kapu
19-06-12, 16:33
i don't know, i think jeans would be ok, but not the jacket. i feel like it would flap around and get in the way. lol :)

Laras Boyfr.
19-06-12, 16:40
i don't know, i think jeans would be ok, but not the jacket. i feel like it would flap around and get in the way. lol :)

Yup this, afterall Lara in MoA had also Jeans :p
But the Jacket is also a Jeans jacket here

Kapu
19-06-12, 16:44
well i have to admit the jean jacket feels too '90s for me. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing002.gif if i was cold there i'd layer up and ditch the jacket. undershirt, shirt, long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt. lol

Titak
19-06-12, 18:49
Depending on how Lara got there she could wear that jeans outfit, no problem. :D

THOR2010
19-06-12, 18:56
i think the jeans look fine:) the area is gorgeous too:)

Need help, ive gotten around to start my TR3 level but i have no idea what to build! all i know is that i want dinos and a quad bike, possibly a boat?

Kapu
20-06-12, 05:23
i'm thinking secret jungle research facility. but with dry orange lighting for an ominous feeling...secret jungle research facility studies...DINOSAURS. but a volcano located near the facility is about to erupt and in the chaos the dinos have escaped and are crawling around the facility. lara is there because she's cool. kills dinos and bad guys. winds up escaping via quad bike before the erupting mountain destroys the facility and kills her. but her quad bike breaks down near a river so she steals a boat and uses that to make it away. :D ;)

Level NextGen
20-06-12, 06:54
^ @Kapu and @Thor2010, I can't wait to play this level :jmp:

Seriously I can easily see one level where Lara has to found something in the facility research (which is on tropical island), atmosphere sound calm, dinosaure are kept prisonners, maybe there only few guards.
Then she want to take the relic she searches, unfortunately ceiling fall down... now she can't take the relic because a river of lava has flooded the room where the relic were. There is only one thing to do now, find a way back. The 2nd level is the same as the one but in chaos, the vulcano is in eruption and dinos have escaped trying to eat and surviving lava rivers (the first level is now full of dinos and lava rivers). Some passage with a quad bike to jump uppon crevasses.
Finally a third level where Lara could only escape this hell by using a boat because lands are full of lava. Water is warm... too hot, so this part with the boat is a timeruned part. :cln:

Okay DO IT! I want to play this tomorrow
... :vlol:

THOR2010
20-06-12, 14:01
wow, thanks kapu and levelnextgen, that does sound like a pretty cool level:)

thanks for the idea:pi:

andy013
21-06-12, 13:41
Hey, I just started playing around with TRLE but the arrow keys and control for moving the 3d view are very sensitive. Is there anyway to slow them down or control the 3d view more accurately?

Thanks

wyverndragon
21-06-12, 13:47
@andy the NGLE room editor is less sensitive, but requires more learning to figure out how to do stuff. Take your pick.

@THOR thanks... things still aren't working, but oh well. 's not like my computer's crashing (...yet.) :)

Titak
21-06-12, 16:10
Welcome to this forum, andy013! :wve:

The editor is known for spinning fastly on more modern computers.
Holding Shift while rotating or zooming in and out should help at least a bit.

The NGLE editor is the same as the original TRLE editor in many ways but it tends to slow down when there are objects placed in the rooms.

the NGLE room editor is less sensitive, but requires more learning to figure out how to do stuff.The NGLE editor itself is not very different from teh original TRLE editor.
It's the TRNG stuff that can be complicated. And you don't have to use TRNG. NGLE can also be used on its own, without all the new TRNG stuff.

THOR2010
21-06-12, 16:13
i jave a problem, whenever i try to output wad after i select the tom the editor freezes and never finishes, and the tom file cnt be read by the level converter? NG doctor said there were no errors in the prj, and ive tried serveral different wads too.

andy013
21-06-12, 16:46
Thanks, holding shift doesn't seem to do much. However I found that clicking and holding on the white space slows it down enough to control.

Btw, can anyone recommend some good custom levels I can download?

Anja
21-06-12, 16:49
i'm thinking secret jungle research facility. but with dry orange lighting for an ominous feeling...secret jungle research facility studies...DINOSAURS. but a volcano located near the facility is about to erupt and in the chaos the dinos have escaped and are crawling around the facility. lara is there because she's cool. kills dinos and bad guys. winds up escaping via quad bike before the erupting mountain destroys the facility and kills her. but her quad bike breaks down near a river so she steals a boat and uses that to make it away. :D ;)

I actually had an idea once for this kind of level.You should definitely make this type of level, cuz it sound awesome.:tmb:

Titak
21-06-12, 16:54
Btw, can anyone recommend some good custom levels I can download?You could have a look at Night Heaven's Guide... (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=189379) for starters.

The Hall of Fame and Top custom levels lists also contain good levels but since trle.net is down at the moment, well there's not much point in going there.
Lara's Levelbase is still up though.
So you could also go there for downloading levels. :D

THOR2010
21-06-12, 17:10
i jave a problem, whenever i try to output wad after i select the tom the editor freezes and never finishes, and the tom file cnt be read by the level converter? NG doctor said there were no errors in the prj, and ive tried serveral different wads too.EDIT: but i can still use the keyboard commands to do things? accept rotating the room!
EDIT2: oops, pressed quote instaed of edit!

EDIT3!: i just discovered(kinda)something awesome... as stated above my project was having errors, so i couldnt fix with ng doctor or tr fix, so i tried making a one room prj with absolutely nothing in it. then i used prj merge to add my error prj to the new one and the new prj works fine! no errors. and all my stuff is intact. so i tried it with some of my older prj's that i couldn't fix but kept in the hopes that i could eventually and they all worked!

Raider99
23-06-12, 09:29
I need help.
I want to make polish gym floor, but i don't know how to invert whole room to down? I used mirror from tab, but it just mirror room to left or right. :confused:

Level NextGen
23-06-12, 10:49
I did some floored mirror... but there's no special feature to mirror a room that way, you have to recreate it or copy-paste it and modify the room by your own.

Plus take care of the spider mirror effect :p. You can't have mirror if there's an other room between the two mirror rooms. :(
I had this problem once... :pi: it's a funny effect though :p

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=3623176&postcount=79

Edit: For sure these "images" aren't anymore "definitive"

Raider99
23-06-12, 10:52
That's funny :vlol:, i did it, i had simple geometry and i mirrored room, recreate celing and made polished floor, it looks nice, but i made darker room under Lara almost 0,0,0 and little blue dark light, but still to visible?

Edit: I had same problem like you. :p

Titak
23-06-12, 12:20
Darken the floor texture also. :D

For my MoA gym I used a floor object to which I assigned "glass" transparency...

Level NextGen
23-06-12, 13:56
:D AHHHHH! That's why I couldn't have the same effect as you... when I saw the floor gym I wonder how you succeed to have such a bright floor :p

Does it work with meta2TR? I don't think so cause glass transparency only work with objects not in room !? :confused:

Edit: Wow message was posted at same time as you R99

Raider99
23-06-12, 13:56
It is looking good now, so i won't darken anything. :D

Titak
23-06-12, 16:57
Does it work with meta2TR? I don't think so cause glass transparency only work with objects not in room !? :confused:I can't remember if I tried but it is still a seperate object now.
So no idea if that works...

Anja
23-06-12, 18:53
So, I am still learning with th level editor.I actually have read the manual before but now I am re-reading some things that i skipped then, and parts i didn't understand. However i want to start planning on my future level (things like making sketches, gathering textures, objects,music).The thing is I don't know what type of level to make.I want to make something that is not too ambitious ince this will be my first level.So have you guys have any suggestions? Or maybe help me find inspiration.I did have once an idea of making Lara re-visting the Strahov Fortress and that someone else is running it and smeone else continued Ekchard's work....

Level NextGen
23-06-12, 19:42
Recreating AoD atmosphere is something pretty hard since geometry is different and you won't have all the objects you need. (keep this somewhere in your mind for later)

The key of a great levelset is the love you have put in it. You might read TheTiger's tutorial about Visualizing Fantasies (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=191210) which tell you to work on with what you like.
Well I can't quote TheTiger without quoting me of course :p. I made the beginning of a tut on How to handle a working levelset (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=190532) (I'm continuing it).

WELL, otherwise as you are a tenderfoot, you should work on something you like but something you will be able to handle in a short time. Don't think about creating a real adventure of 21 levels, just think about a one-level (maybe two if you need to cut it) for your first release.
What do you think about using one of these old BtB wad? Like Back to Basic China? (no I won't tell you I create a new hq set of btb china released on TRsearch... oops I did :vlol:) sorry it's human kind :p

Anja
23-06-12, 20:33
Recreating AoD atmosphere is something pretty hard since geometry is different and you won't have all the objects you need. (keep this somewhere in your mind for later)

The key of a great levelset is the love you have put in it. You might read TheTiger's tutorial about Visualizing Fantasies (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=191210) which tell you to work on with what you like.
Well I can't quote TheTiger without quoting me of course :p. I made the beginning of a tut on How to handle a working levelset (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=190532) (I'm continuing it).

WELL, otherwise as you are a tenderfoot, you should work on something you like but something you will be able to handle in a short time. Don't think about creating a real adventure of 21 levels, just think about a one-level (maybe two if you need to cut it) for your first release.
What do you think about using one of these old BtB wad? Like Back to Basic China? (no I won't tell you I create a new hq set of btb china released on TRsearch... oops I did :vlol:) sorry it's human kind :p

your right. I shouldn't go over the top with this level.I am going to take a look at the BtB wads and see what fits me best.I am also going to check your hq version of BtB China.I am gonna keep my Strahov idea when I am more experienced .WOOT now Ia m excited.:D

FloTheMachine
23-06-12, 21:36
Does anyone know of any good, HQ jungle texture sets? Styled sort of like TR3 Jungle? Any help would be apreciated. :p

Eden95
23-06-12, 21:38
Does anyone know of any good, HQ jungle texture sets? Styled sort of like TR3 Jungle? Any help would be apreciated. :p

Check Teme9's thread, he's planning on releasing the textures from Reflection of Eternity soon. :)

Anja
23-06-12, 21:44

TRL Ghana textures
TRU Thailand textures
and maybe TRU south mexico textures, but they are just greyness tbh.
you can find them here:http://www.skribblerz.com/textures.htm

Also the person who created the level The Reflection of Eternity said that he would realese some of his stuff from his level.Maybe you should ask him if he will realese the textures, because they were really jungle like. :D

EDIT:The creator's name as Eden said is teme9

THOR2010
23-06-12, 23:48
i noticed this today, i was playing TR3 london, and earlier TR3 gold, and noticed how some of the guards took cover behind blocks, similar to the way some of the base guards did in TRC. Can they be made to do this in Custom Levels?

Idea, i had an idea of creating a giant level that spanned the entire editor space. i got inspired by the marina in one of the great lake. my idea is to make a Venice level that takes place on some docks which would be the whole bottom length of the editor with a little of the city behind it and curled up on the sides a bit too, then the rest forward would be a vast harbor with lots of little boats and cruise ships that you could explore with a motor boat or the TR3 boat. the main objective would be to get to this really big ship somewhere far out to get some artifact its carrying, but there would be smaller activities to do in the city and secrets out in the water, and beneath it!

HURLEYstickmen
24-06-12, 08:11
I'm having a bit of bother with my sounds. There are only a handful that are playing, but all the rest aren't. I've tried using another wad's sound files, and I tried recompiling the wad, but to no avail. I really need help on this. Thanks. :)

Raider99
24-06-12, 16:52
I need some help, how can i stop Lara's sliding on floor when she die?
And i want to make picture as jump switch, but how, i don't think it will work. :confused:

HURLEYstickmen
24-06-12, 17:55
And i want to make picture as jump switch, but how, i don't think it will work. :confused:

I don't know about the sliding thing, but the painting jump switch is possible, as proven in Mists of Avalon. It just takes some object-building (and animating) skills and you're good to go. ;)

TheTiger
24-06-12, 17:59
i noticed this today, i was playing TR3 london, and earlier TR3 gold, and noticed how some of the guards took cover behind blocks, similar to the way some of the base guards did in TRC. Can they be made to do this in Custom Levels?

Idea, i had an idea of creating a giant level that spanned the entire editor space. i got inspired by the marina in one of the great lake. my idea is to make a Venice level that takes place on some docks which would be the whole bottom length of the editor with a little of the city behind it and curled up on the sides a bit too, then the rest forward would be a vast harbor with lots of little boats and cruise ships that you could explore with a motor boat or the TR3 boat. the main objective would be to get to this really big ship somewhere far out to get some artifact its carrying, but there would be smaller activities to do in the city and secrets out in the water, and beneath it!

I've been doing this with an tropical ocean underneath; Required so many level splits... :(

THOR2010
24-06-12, 18:59
ooo that sounds cool:) though mine would be classic TR styled, not hq.

Joey79100
24-06-12, 19:21

It's a bug of Wadmerger, the decimal value are lost when you look at an animation.
You must have looked to animation 133, which is the running death animation.
As you cannot add a decimal value for Accel, and seeing that the animation is 31 frames long, so just change the Speed value to 31.
It should work correctly now.

Raider99
24-06-12, 19:24
Thanks. :D :hug:

LadyCupcake
25-06-12, 09:57
I remember a tool that cutted textures for you in equally big parts for texturing with strpix but dunno where I saw it.. does anybody know this program?

Raider99
25-06-12, 10:17
I know you can cut texture, to take any part of texture with newest StripX.:)

Eden95
25-06-12, 14:54
I want to have a voice in my game at one point, like a female computer, I'm sure you know what I mean, like Microsoft Anna. But I can't record stuff internally on my laptop. I.E I can't play the words on Text To Speech and record them, I suppose the only way would be to use the mic and play it out loud, but that'd reduce quality. ;_;

Is there some way of recording the sounds internally without using the built in mic? I'm using Windows 7 and the sound recorder isn't that good.

teme9
25-06-12, 14:57
There are some "text to speech" programs avaible. With little googling I came this many results:
http://www.google.fi/search?q=text%20to%20speech&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:fi:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np

edit:

And if im not totally wrong some earlier versions of Audacity had a possibility to record sounds directly from PC.

DJ Full
25-06-12, 15:20
I have a door. Type 1. Placed in a portal between rooms, like advised to avoid getting a collision cube. I can pass thru it from both sides (http://youtu.be/mgUNyCW0hnM), probably missing or forgotten something obvious. Thanks for fixing in advance.

Titak
25-06-12, 15:59
Collision issue?

Odd though, I've personally never seen this being possible with a door in a DOOR slot.
Seen it with other objects where you can get past the object by running and jumping into the corner but go through it completely from one side? :confused:

DJ Full
25-06-12, 17:57
I opened WadMerger and recalculated collision of closed door. Now Lara bounces off it while trying to jump through from one side, she flies through if the jump is performed with Action, and from the other side she is still able to walk through the portal freely.

The weirdest thing is I'm using a default Steampunk wad, with only a slight modification of DOUBLE_DOORS (also regarding a collision, but that's a different story). Maybe something has been corrupted in the meantime. I'll get a fresh copy, replace and see what happens.

EDIT: Nope, the door works good in the other room. I think the problem is rather related to vertical slicing of the original portal. Will move the door to a different elevation, place it on the ceiling, etc.

sapper
26-06-12, 00:15
I remember a tool that cutted textures for you in equally big parts for texturing with strpix but dunno where I saw it.. does anybody know this program?

TextureAdd made by champ.

KyleCroft
26-06-12, 04:17
How do I make it so that Lara can grab on to the edges of the Bridge objects?

DJ Full
26-06-12, 06:54
You need a DUMMY trigger under that particular BRIDGE_... Lara is supposed to grab.

Alternatively, if You have no space for another placed trigger, You can copy the BRIDGE_... into one of TRAPDOOR objects, but they'll only work properly if located in a horizontal portal between two stacked rooms.

Matie
26-06-12, 07:04
I suppose you're using TRNG, where the edges aren't grabbable by default anymore? Then put 64 in the bridges' OCB, that allows you to grab them. :)

KyleCroft
27-06-12, 05:48
I suppose you're using TRNG, where the edges aren't grabbable by default anymore? Then put 64 in the bridges' OCB, that allows you to grab them. :)

Awesome! Thank you!

tomekkobialka
27-06-12, 16:52
Does anybody know what I've done wrong? :o

http://i.imgur.com/yziMj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DMKco.jpg

All I've done is add a new level into the NG script...looks like I've messed something up. :(

EDIT: Solved, there were a different number of lines in the Strings file...n00b error!!! :hea::hea:

ggctuk
27-06-12, 17:13
Does anybody know what I've done wrong? :o

http://i.imgur.com/yziMj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/DMKco.jpg

All I've done is add a new level into the NG script...looks like I've messed something up. :(

EDIT: Solved, there were a different number of lines in the Strings file...n00b error!!! :hea::hea:

I would have said that myself, I've done it before too.

Out of curiosity, what are you working on?

klona
27-06-12, 19:07
Where can I find the original Angkor Wat and Race of the Iris textures?

THOR2010
27-06-12, 19:12
well there on skribblerz, trsearch, aspidetr, lara's level base.

heres a link:)

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/562

klona
27-06-12, 19:13
^ Thanks, I'll check it out.

THOR2010
28-06-12, 00:28
does "Ophidian" sound like it could be a good name for a Scottish caste?

rr_carroll
28-06-12, 01:21
Scottish castle, I think? Does it have something to do with snakes?

THOR2010
28-06-12, 01:46
yeah!

Guty
28-06-12, 11:28
Where I can downolad textures from Resident evil 5?

TheTiger
28-06-12, 11:31
I haven't seen them around, but you could try to google them? Maybe you'll find some. :D

Guty
28-06-12, 11:32
Thanks

tomekkobialka
28-06-12, 11:36
Out of curiosity, what are you working on?

I'm afraid that's also confidential, ggctuk! :tea: :o

Guty
28-06-12, 11:44
How many rooms can be in level?And how make that project can be played by builder?

Gerty
28-06-12, 12:30
How many rooms can be in level?And how make that project can be played by builder?

There have been levels that had more than 350 room. But it isn't only rooms that count whether a level crashes or not.
As for the rest read the manual.

Raider99
28-06-12, 12:32

Study TRLE manual and check here tutorials if you want start making level. :)
Manual you can find in TRLE folder.
This will help you.
http://www.skribblerz.com/

NGLE Manual is help fot TRLE
And tools, there you can download TRLE if you don't have it. :)
Also check here in TRLE section Tutorial index.

In NGLE you can have 100 rooms, and when save project and load, you'll get another 100 rooms, but i don't know which is limit.

bekim
28-06-12, 12:40
somebody here had 204 rooms

:D

Titak
28-06-12, 14:47
Now there's one limit I never reach: the max number of rooms possible.
I hit other limits way before I reach that one! :vlol:

I've heard people say that 255 is the limit in TRNG.
But I don't know if that is true.
Like Gerty said, it isn't only the number of rooms which can cause a level to crash due to some overload.

Raider99
28-06-12, 16:13
Is there any way i can make UPV vehicle from TR3 work? :confused:
Vehicle which you drive underwater.

bekim
28-06-12, 16:19

ask the great chi he know everything :D

Raider99
28-06-12, 16:20
I know, i'll wait him. >_>

Laras Boyfr.
28-06-12, 17:03

Nope, even Chi cant do that :p (sorry Chi :hug: )

Titak
28-06-12, 18:24
Indeed not possible. :(

Too bad really.
Would have been a nice addition to my planned underwater level. :D

DJ Full
28-06-12, 18:33
Unless You modify the whole LARA objects, so her arms look like UPV. But then Lara wouldn't be able to drop the vehicle for the whole level, and You would have to make a leveljump everytime You'd like her to do so.

In theory... You would need two alternative levels, looking exactly the same. Then a condition when Lara hits Action (to drop the vehicle), would cause the level to alternate, and Lara to be put on a square responding to the same one of the other level.

You would need a LARA_START_POS on every single square. Each of them with a different OCB.

So yes - possible - but really impractical if the level is large. That would wipe it out of all other moveables, as the limit is still 1024.

Raider99
28-06-12, 19:27
Ah, thanks for help and thanks DJfull, but i won't use it, just asked it could be useable, but it's too many work to make it useable. :)

tomekkobialka
29-06-12, 21:28
Mr. tomekkobialka has messed up NGLE again...:hea:

1nz2AIdQVtM

It wasn't exactly my intention to create torpedo Lara, but does anybody know what I've done wrong? All I've done in NGLE is set the room type to "Water" with an intensity of '2' (as in the TRLE tutorial level). I also tried setting the intensity to 4 but that also didn't work. (But I'll try intensities 1 and 3 now :o)

Titak
29-06-12, 21:39
Looks like you are using one of the delault LARA objects that came with the TRLE originally.
At least one of those is missing Lara's swimming animations.

Get a LARA object from one of the revised wads, copy it into your own levelwad and it should be fixed. :D

tomekkobialka
29-06-12, 21:53
Thanks Titak, it's working now! :o :tmb: I thought it might be a missing animation, but still, it was nice to see Lara try her best to replicate the swimming animation, even though she didn't know how...:pi: :D

DarkHawk
29-06-12, 23:20
I've been away from the level editor so long I forgot the limitation on flame emitters :o

I read somewhere that after 28-32 are active in a single level things glitch/and or crash. So is there an exact number to avoid? And does the game actually crash or is the only problem with it the flare bug?

Also, do flame Emitter 3's count towards this? Because they don't give off any light I was just curious if it might not have an impact on anything. Seems like all the stuff that gives off light impact each other if a limit is reached :p

tomb2player
29-06-12, 23:45
I have problem with sun bulbs and static meshes - sun bulb doesn't affect to " EXTRA 0 ". Is possible to fix this? Or another TRLE limitation? :(

THOR2010
30-06-12, 03:03
is the forum logo in the top left up side down to anyone else!

!Lara Croft!
30-06-12, 03:10
Symsi and I can confirm... yes.

DarkHawk
30-06-12, 03:33
So, here's a question...

Why does this object have no collisioning? This is in the Guardian of Semerkhet level I downloaded. I haven't altered anything, I was just playing the level through the editor to take a look at a few stuff. I liked this object and wanted to use it in my level but Lara runs right through the thing. And theres shotgun shells on top of it, so I assume she's supposed to be able to climb on it and stand...

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb446/xNicky_J/Guardian.jpg

So how does one fix this? :confused:

!Lara Croft!
30-06-12, 03:37
You need to go Objects -> Edit Objects then find the chest. Then the LE will come up with a window showing the box and a 5x5 grid. Click the middle square and raise it to the number 3. Then save.

What this does is applies hard TRLE colision to it on its sector to the height you specify, making it climbable.

DarkHawk
30-06-12, 04:09
That's awesome thanks! It worked.

But now I got another question. What would have happened if I selected a different square on the grid instead? And do the numbers represent the height in clicks the solidity will reach?

!Lara Croft!
30-06-12, 04:30
The numbers are the height in LE 'clicks'

The middle square is the center placement of an object. Most objects are in the center of the square you place them on. But sometimes if you place an object the mesh is 2 squares north of where you placed it. That is what the other squares in the window are for. Say you had an L-Shaped platform. You could use three squares in it to make it a climbable platform.

Symsi
30-06-12, 04:33
Symsi and I can confirm... yes.Woo ... Everything's much better upside down. ¬.¬

Raider99
30-06-12, 09:38
Funny avatars!:p

Also, do you know for collision tutorials around, there's way if you have free place around objects, such columns, so to check, and i tried those tutorials for collision for example column but won't work, i used stripx and i tried wad merger, and i think i need TRNG for it, instead simple adding i need bunch of commands. :hea:

Raider99
30-06-12, 10:06
Sorry for double post, i wonder how can i make 2D LE game, i saw one, i mean like sega. :confused:

This:
http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2487

bekim
30-06-12, 10:12
Sorry for double post, i wonder how can i make 2D LE game, i saw one, i mean like sega. :confused:

This:
http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2487

dafuq thats great , camera probably one god knows

Raider99
30-06-12, 10:17
Yeah, i think too that's just camera. :)

bekim
30-06-12, 10:20
Yeah, i think too that's just camera. :)

they must have disabled side movements , with wadmerger ,but how?
maybe state id or what?

!Lara Croft!
30-06-12, 11:32
I'm making a new outfit for once and need a confirm on verticies per joints. What was the max again for a joint hole? And is it per hole or for the both of them?

Joey79100
30-06-12, 12:07
I think (s)he disabled the Left and Right keys, because even in the inventory menu you cannot use them.

Btw, that's a very original concept for a TRLE, I enjoy playing it. :D

Raider99
30-06-12, 12:10
I'm making a new outfit for once and need a confirm on verticies per joints. What was the max again for a joint hole? And is it per hole or for the both of them?

I know limit for mesh is 255 vertices, and joint 11, but i think you can use any number but i'm not sure, once i couldn't use on joint hole on joint vetice with ID more that 18.

Titak
30-06-12, 17:51
I'm making a new outfit for once and need a confirm on verticies per joints. What was the max again for a joint hole? And is it per hole or for the both of them?11 per joint hole.
Also check out Sapper's "Guide to Remapping" (find it in the INDEX thread in our tutorials section) because you also have to take the total amount of vertices into account. This has to do with remapping and whether or not this is possible or needed.

@ Raider99:
The total limit of vertices per mesh is higher than 255 when using TREP (corresponding patch needs to be activated) or TRNG.

GeekOfComedy
30-06-12, 20:51
Anyone know why in Wadmerger the box that displays the object is black and wont show the object. And when You press animation editor it wont show any meshes. :confused: Windows 7 64bit.

EDIT: NVM, turning on aero worked

Guty
30-06-12, 21:41
How can I test my level?

Controfiliburu
30-06-12, 21:46
^ What do you mean?
If I`m thinking what you are thinking just click Play button or something like that. It will convert your level and start the game :D
Jak masz jakieś problemy mogę Ci wytłumaczyć na priv :whi:

Raider99
30-06-12, 21:49
If you haven't "play" or "exit and play" button in NGLE you need to save project, output wad in NGLE, open Tomb2PC from TRLE folder load project and build and play level, but i think you should check TRLE manual or NGLE manual, everything find here: :)

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/nglemainpage.htm

Titak
30-06-12, 21:59
How can I test my level?
Check the manual.
It is all in there.

Only the NGLE has the "exit and play" button btw.
The original TRLE doesn't so if you are using that, you'll have to convert manually as described in the manual.

Raider99
30-06-12, 22:03
Titak. :ohn:
I said same... :p

Guty
30-06-12, 22:06
I must have more than one room to test?I save as Hidden God.Tom and load in Converter and it have not working.

Titak
30-06-12, 22:08
Are all your wadfiles called Hidden God.tom?
Because they have to have the same name, otherwise it won't convert properly.

Btw, it is better to not have spaces in a name.
So better rename to Hidden-God.tom or something like that.

Guty
30-06-12, 22:11
And next question I make the room next to room and select Face Edit then select two grey quares and select make door and it's says that creating door-please wait.

Raider99
30-06-12, 22:13
Just check manual please. :o

Titak
30-06-12, 22:14
Again, manual.
Make sure you did everything the same way as described in the manual.
I'm assuming with "make door" you mean you press the black door button?

And... did you manage to convert your level properly now?
With the tips we gave you I mean?
Would be nice to know if that issue is solved now...

Guty
30-06-12, 22:15
I have done all as manual says and nothing.
I don't have for now mouse so I can't make anything.

Titak
30-06-12, 22:17
Well, sorry to say this but you must not have done it exactly as the manual says.
Something must still be wrong.

Could you post a picture of the 2D view of the prj so we can see if the rooms are placed properly?
Because usually when you can't create a door, it means rooms aren't placed correctly.

Guty
30-06-12, 22:22
Deleted

Guty
01-07-12, 06:56
I have convert Hidden-God into Converter and in data folder I have Hidden-God.tr4.I have rename all wads to Hidden-God.When I try to test I choose the Playable Level Tutorial but then it isn't showing my level.Why?

DJ Full
03-07-12, 12:35
"All wads?" You need to rename all .was, .wad, .sam, .sfx and .swd files which share the same name. Then convert and play.

And btw, don't rename manually. To avoid confusion, it's better to use WadMerger. You load a wad, give it a new name, and ALL related files become renamed in batch.

I myself am encountering one of those holes in my head. I remember I asked about this a loooong time ago, but... whatever:
1. I open StrPix and load objects.
2. scroll down to certain single-mesh static and export dxf.
3. I launch Meta2.4 (which can import dxfs), and I modify the mesh with SCALE TOOL ONLY. I do NOT MOVE it.
4. I run MetaLE (which can export dxfs), and export the scaled object. Once again, I ONLY export, I do NOT MOVE anything.
5. I go back to StrPix, and load my (ONLY) scaled dxf. I save the object set.
6. I load my new object set into the Editor and the object appears moved from its original position. Why I had this problem so many times, and everytime I think it's good, I forget something and it's not working again... AAAaaarrrhh, cursed holes in my :hea::o

Guty
03-07-12, 13:52
I did it and nothing.

LadyCupcake
03-07-12, 13:58
I did it and nothing.

did you changed the script entry for that level to hidden-god.tr4?

Guty
03-07-12, 14:07
did you changed the script entry for that level to hidden-god.tr4?
You mean the first line of script?No

JessyTR
03-07-12, 14:09
The last line of your levels script have the name of the files you're using, check it ;)

DJ Full
03-07-12, 14:45
Meanwhile, I'm trying to put an BADDY2 on AI_GUARD and he won't stand still. Am I even supposed to try it with BADDY2?

Guty
03-07-12, 15:01
The last line of your levels script have the name of the files you're using, check it ;)
Can you write what I have to do?
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/beztytuulqn.jpg/

TheTiger
03-07-12, 15:06
Remove the .TR4 and its okay.

Why is the level's name ''Hidden-God.tr4 too? Do you want it to be called like that?
I would really advice reading some tutorials around. So you understand the basics better. :D

EDIT:

DJFull, aren't both baddies near the same, only did the baddy2 had some more moves (monkeybars etc.)
I think you should try baddy1. Or do you really need baddy2 there?

DJ Full
03-07-12, 15:10
If You mean this line:
Level= data\something.tr4, 106,
it doesn't have to be the last one of the level's script.

Guty, check Your PM. I covered some basics in Polish there, will be easier to understand for You.:)

EDIT:
Remove the .TR4 and its okay.This. I didn't notice the pic :D
DJFull,(...)I think you should try baddy1. Or do you really need baddy2 there?This is a Steampunk wad. I'm trying to challenge myself and not modify as long as possible.

TheTiger
03-07-12, 15:20
EDIT:
This. I didn't notice the pic :D
This is a Steampunk wad. I'm trying to challenge myself and not modify as long as possible.

Weren't there some kind of Ninja's in the wad? Do they have the same animations as the original tr4's Baddy2? Since i can remember that they edited the running... or was that the horseman?

Guty
03-07-12, 15:21
I removed the tr4 and still nothing.

Soul
03-07-12, 15:34
This is a Steampunk wad. I'm trying to challenge myself and not modify as long as possible.This must mean, that you're going to complete your Steampunk-level :jmp: A wise decision :tmb:

Titak
03-07-12, 16:18
@ Guty:
You also have to add Hidden-God to the english.txt, by replacing one of the original levelsnames in it.

I see you are using the script.txt and not NG-Centre.
Have you converted the edited script.txt and english.txt to new script.dat and english.dat files?

DJ Full
03-07-12, 16:22
Weren't there some kind of Ninja's in the wad? Do they have the same animations as the original tr4's Baddy2? Since i can remember that they edited the running... or was that the horseman?
I'm not speaking about animations, I mean the AI_GUARD and AI_MODIFY nullmeshes. There are both BADDY2 and HORSEMAN in the set. Also, a dog in a WILD_BOAR slot... and a raptor in a DOG slot... Weird... Wasn't it easier to put a dog in a DOG? Anyway, I didn't try the AI with the HORSEMAN yet. I must have forgotten about this object... No, no, no "I must have". I simply "have forgotten". Never mind.

@Soul,
Yes, I'm reviving the Sound Illuminating Contraptor. It seems you wished me all the best, but didn't check what I replied :vlol: Check that thread again, there's the background story, involving my parents and a Polish font the most... Now I think You and the Ghostbuster wraith might have helped as well. EDIT: I was unclear. I mean the trle.net thread.

Guty
03-07-12, 17:38
@ Guty:
You also have to add Hidden-God to the english.txt, by replacing one of the original levelsnames in it.

I see you are using the script.txt and not NG-Centre.
Have you converted the edited script.txt and english.txt to new script.dat and english.dat files?
How?

Raider99
03-07-12, 17:44
You need to open English.txt and instead of some line, level name, like Playble tutorial level, you need to put name of your level. And then again convert script, and it should work. :)
And when convert you need to replace Script.dat and English.dat from script folder with original in TRLE folder.

Guty
03-07-12, 17:51
You need to open English.txt and instead of some line, level name, like Playble tutorial level, you need to put name of your level. And then again convert script, and it should work. :)
And when convert you need to replace Script.dat and English.dat from script folder with original in TRLE folder.
How convert script? I have delete the Playable tutorial level and write Hidden-God.

DJ Full
03-07-12, 18:30
The "Build" button.
Also, there's one more thing You need to convert: those texts to new ANSI format. Go to the Tools bookmark in NG Center and hit "Convert texts". In case if You don't use NG Center, just hit English Script.bat when finished editing text. And no conversion to ANSI format.

Raider99
03-07-12, 18:31
Just check manual and you'll see every step how to make playable level. ;)

TRLE Official manual (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/trleintro.htm)

@DJ Full Titak said he's not using TRNG.

Titak
03-07-12, 18:50
How convert script? I have delete the Playable tutorial level and write Hidden-God.Double-click the English Script.bat in the Script folder.
I haven't used that method in ages so I can't remember if it automatically places the new .dat files in the TRLE main folder. So you may need to copy them into the main folder manually.

JessyTR
03-07-12, 18:57
I think that's not needed, as there are just some months I'm using NG, I remember the the script will replace automatically ;)

Raider99
03-07-12, 19:03
^ Indeed, TRNG is much easier, but he's still not using it, and he should try it if he want to make level, it's so easy. ;)

DJ Full
03-07-12, 19:34
@DJ Full Titak said he's not using TRNG.^ Indeed, TRNG is much easier, but he's still not using it, and he should try it if he want to make level, it's so easy. ;)Who knows if he doesn't try it right now. This is why I decided to leave my tip for TRNG be.

JessyTR
03-07-12, 19:45
^ Indeed, TRNG is much easier, but he's still not using it, and he should try it if he want to make level, it's so easy. ;)
TRNG is much easier, but we can't force him to use it, the old LE is the best way to start, and learn the basics, that's why I'm trying to help him, independently of the version he's using :p

Raider99
03-07-12, 19:51
By so easy i mean "building level" - converting than original, but i won't force him to use it. :p

JessyTR
03-07-12, 19:56
:D I agree with you, TRNG is the best of the 3 programs (LE, TRNG, DXTRE3D) to build level :p

Raider99
03-07-12, 20:00
I would say TRNG,NGLE and TOOLS! :ton:

JessyTR
03-07-12, 20:03
xD But I was talking about 3 programs to build levels :vlol:

Raider99
03-07-12, 20:18
TRNG and LE isn't program. :ton:
TRNG is tool to mod your game, made it better, and LE is actual game, but only DxTRE3D,NGLE,WinRoomEdit are programs for building, we went little off topic...
Ops. :spm:

JessyTR
03-07-12, 20:25
You understood what I mean... :pi:

Yes, let's stop with this now :off:

THOR2010
03-07-12, 20:44
actually when u say level editor you could mean winroomedit because it is infact the level editor! lol

Raider99
03-07-12, 20:45
:vlol:

JessyTR
03-07-12, 20:47
Ok. We understood what she mean, but let's tease her a spam and lot :vlol:
Joke, I know it was my fault, but you ALREADY UNDERSTOOD :pi:

DJ Full
03-07-12, 21:47
I love to watch how You all try to silence each other, and it goes on and on :)

Anyway, I tested both HORSEMAN and BADDY2. None of them reacts to AI_GUARD, even in a rectangular room without any vertical slicing. Plus there are no flipmaps yet.

What do I put on guard, then? The plot doesn't involve Lara talking to a MUTANT, nor with a DOG... At least not in this particular level. Sigh... I'm afraid I won't be able to avoid wad modification... BTB Venice had this AI part working flawlessly.

AND:
Finally, the last problem of today seems to kill my challenge completely. That dog in WILD_BOAR slot has lost his cute ability on laying down with OCB 1. I really need that anim in my level, so I'll have no other choice than to throw the dog back to the DOG slot. All in all, a vision is more important than a will to stick within the BTB limits.

Guty
04-07-12, 04:13
Version=1.2.2.6
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage:File - %s
Last directX error:
START_P1:1002D0D7
END_P1:10071FDD
START_P2:10083677
END_P2:100A8DD6
START_P3:100B2487
END_P3:100E3BF2
START_P4:10007207
END_P4:1000FDC4
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
WARNING: not found any standard language.dat (english.dat, german.dat ect)
WARNING: Missing Header NG in "script.dat" file. (The script.dat is an old version)
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON WRITE AT OFFSET 0xCAC7860
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x471FE5
REGISTERS:
EAX=1018B8E0
EBX=0
ECX=0
EDX=FC93BF80
ESI=1018B8E0
EDI=0
EBP=12FF88
EIP=471FE5
ESP=12FD78
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
00000000:Camera_Room
00000000:Camera_TargetRoom
0012FF14:BaseSalvaStack1
90909090:BaseSalvaStack2
90909090:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaSceneMemory memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetEditObjects memory <EMPTY: never used>
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFlyCameras memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetByteFlyCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)

Stack=0x12FD78 pContesto=0x12FAAC pInfoEccezione=0x12FA90
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x12FD78
STACK_TRACE:
0x49E307
0x10050917
0x100985DF
0x4720B6
0x450BF1
0x48C75D
0x48C76D
0x4A0276
0x4A2D47
0x49F26B
0x49DF08
0x49F18B
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x90904270
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0x90904270
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE
That show me when I try to play.

DJ Full
04-07-12, 09:03
@Raider99,
@Titak,
Who knows if he doesn't try it right now. This is why I decided to leave my tip for TRNG be.
I told You :jmp: And it seems he's been using TRNG for all this time :D

@Guty:

http://i49.************/16k43s5.jpg

Your problem is because You confuse old and new method. You're trying to convert with classic "english script", while You have TRNG 1.2.2.6 installed which does not support that old conversion method.

There are 2 cases:
1. When You use a classic trle, without TRNG, You convert the things with "english script".
2. When You have TRNG, You write either in SCRIPT.TXT, or directly in the "Script" window of NG_Center. Then, You must convert with "Build" button at the bottom of the "Script" window. Otherwise it won't convert properly.

Also, You seem to have missing language files in correct version. They either have too many lines, or not enough. You can't delete or write new lines in those texts, You can only replace them with Your custom lines, because their number must always remain the same.

And those lang files should be converted to new ANSI format. Backup the text files, and do it if You didn't already.

Guty
04-07-12, 12:28
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/beztytuuoso.jpg/

Raider99
04-07-12, 12:36
No, we don't need that, do you have this in script:

;--------------------------------------
; Language Filenames
;--------------------------------------

[Language]
File= 0,ENGLISH.TXT

If no, add it, but you can add more languages, but i used this. ;)
Also, please just check TRLE tutorial section and you'll know what to do, or skribblerz site. ;)

DarkHawk
04-07-12, 16:56
Is there a limit to the number of flipmaps you can have in a level? Just wondering because I might be pushing 6 or 7 flipmaps to get this done...

Titak
04-07-12, 18:49
7 is the limit.

Or was it numbers 0-7 so that would make 8...
Can't remember... :o

Soul
04-07-12, 19:36
I also always forgot about it. All I remember is "7", but I never remember if it's the number (meaning 0-7 -> 8 flipmaps) or the limit ^^

Anyways: I checked the prj of my latest level, which was build with the NGLE (but not the TRNG) and apperently used 8 different flipmaps (numbers 0-7), without any problems, which means, that 8 is the limit :)

DJ Full
06-07-12, 10:18
@Guty:

You have the "missing string" warning. Read that green field carefully, it often contains useful messages.

Open the "Strings" bookmark.
Clear a line with some level name.
Type "hidden-god" in its place.

This is because if You have a line in the script, it must also be present in english.txt (or any other language file You're using). The order levelname strings doesn't matter, only the number does. But if You will want to change some hardcoded item-related or option-related strings (like "Crowbar" or "SFX Volume"), those must remain in the same place for all the time.

@EVERYONE:
I have a basement and it looks like this:

http://i50.************/23icm0o.png

with that cursed reflection issue I am - again - trying to get rid of. My water room is in FLIPPED variant. Here's a problemless room from settomb.prj:

http://i45.************/qso94h.png

I tried to apply settings in that part of my basement as close to this classic example as possible. Here they go:

Ambiences in both upper room and flipped water canal: 0,0,0.
Reflection in both upper room and flipped water canal: OFF.
Amount of movement in the flipped canal: 3.

1 lightbulb just above the water surface of the upper room,
Int: 0,37 Out: 5,00 In: 0,00 R: 48 G: 204 B: 152.

1 lightbulb just below the water surface in the flipped canal,
Int: 0,25 Out: 5,00 In: 0,00 R: 0 G: 204 B: 100.

No other lights, shadows, spots nor effects in those rooms.

I reduced all placed light intensity 2x compared to settomb example, as my basement is at least 2x smaller. The hotspots (In) are set to 0.00 on the contrary with 1.00 from settomb - but those changes don't affect the unwanted reflection, because it persisted even when I:
- tested it with IDENTICAL intensity and hotspots
- removed the lightbulb from the canal and left it pitch black.

If there's no way to completely get rid of the sparkling (as I've once been told), I would like to at least reduce it to a non-disturbing level like in settomb example. But so far, I cannot find any mattering difference between that classic setup and my basement, so if any clue is here, I'd be very glad to know the solution.

BTW: The water in that settomb room is waving, and it is NOT in my basement. But it's not that important for me, just that lighting.

Soul
06-07-12, 11:15
In this case it may be connected to the flipmap. If the room above the water is a lot brighter before it's flipped AND if the waterroom is not part of the flipmap yet (or vice versa), then flipping the yet unflipped room as well may solve the problem.

It's a known problem, that lighting at the outer edge of a flipped area isn't seamless and the only way to solve it is to also flip the adjacent rooms (without changing them)

@ waves not moving: Did you apply the watertextures on both sides (wrong!) or on one side only with "double-sided"as attribute (right!)

DJ Full
06-07-12, 17:03
In this case it may be connected to the flipmap. If the room above the water is a lot brighter before it's flipped AND if the waterroom is not part of the flipmap yet (or vice versa)In my case it's vice versa, but BOTH flipped (watery) and unflipped (dry) canal has the same ambience of 0,0,0.

Anyway, good to hear a suggestion to flip the upper room, because it was intended to be flipped anyway. So maybe I didn't have to focus on the problem at this particular moment... Maybe I just could have moved to the next step without even noticing something went wrong in the meantime... Naah, a waste of time sometimes happens... I'll do the flip and report if it solved the problem.
@ waves not moving: Did you apply the watertextures on both sides (wrong!) or on one side only with "double-sided"as attribute (right!)
I did as follows:
1. Created a portal between the upper basement and the canal.
2. Made a flipmap.
3. Flooded it.
4. Selected the portal from the lower flipped room.
5. Toggled Opacity 2.
6. Turned on Double-sided and Transparent.
7. Painted the whole surface from down here.
8. I couldn't have painted it from the upper side even if I wanted to, because there's no portal from unflipped upper room to the flipped lower one.

Guty
07-07-12, 04:48
I have the Hidden-God in my level list but it only should be one room.What is wrong?

THOR2010
07-07-12, 13:12
i know ill get a reponse about the remaping tutorials but ive already read them and i still get this in game? i resized the hole of the the mesh and the joint so they fit and renamed the vertexes to be the same but still this happens:( and (talking about laras hip mesh) in wadmerger theres a hole in the mesh itself? but not in stripix and part of it is stretching far off? please help!

http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/8152/shot000l.png
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/3205/shot001d.png

Titak
07-07-12, 13:27
Something must still be off then.

things don't fit together perfectly (you could check with EDITWad by exporting the SkinJointsCheck.mqo),
something is not right with the remapping after all,
the mesh has a certain amount of vertices which makes it impossible to work correctly (check sapper's "Guide to Remapping" if you haven't done so already),
Make sure that the vertices that make up the joint hole are all single vertices and that there aren't two or more vertices occupying the same space (Use the "join vertices" feature to make sure they are all single vertices).

in wadmerger theres a hole in the mesh itself? but not in stripixNot sure what this means exactly.
Perhaps you could post a screenshot of the mesh in WADMerger/Meta and in STRPix?

THOR2010
07-07-12, 13:48
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5322/81953935.png
after i reloaded the wad in stripix i see that part of the mesh is deformed now! and before when i was remaping in stripix each point i remapped would disapear?
before i remapped all the meshes were noromal.

and when i tried loading the wad in editwad again it got an error!

DarkHawk
07-07-12, 19:54
I also always forgot about it. All I remember is "7", but I never remember if it's the number (meaning 0-7 -> 8 flipmaps) or the limit ^^

Anyways: I checked the prj of my latest level, which was build with the NGLE (but not the TRNG) and apperently used 8 different flipmaps (numbers 0-7), without any problems, which means, that 8 is the limit :)

Wait, so that means like, 8 wholesome flipmaps, or 8 individual rooms that are assigned to be flipped?

Soul
07-07-12, 19:56
8 wholesome flipmaps, of course (and even more (32 if I'm not mistaken) if you're using TRNG.

DJ Full
07-07-12, 20:09
I have the Hidden-God in my level list but it only should be one room.What is wrong?@Guty: Any level, even if it has one room only, should appear in the level listing. This always happens if the string is present in the language file. So I don't think anything is wrong here. Unless You meant something different - but in this case, I can't understand and You need to clarify the description of the problem.

@Soul:
Your solution doesn't work even with both rooms flipped in the same time:

http://i49.************/5v6lol.png

also with all lights, shadows and fogbulbs removed, plus both flipped rooms set to pitch-black 0,0,0. So the reason must be somewhat different.

BTW, I'm sorry I couldn't maintain a flowing conversation, but I didn't manage to finish the test before our library was closed yesterday, and today we moved to my parents' house, so the screenshot had to travel 160 kilometers by bike before I finally could upload it.

Titak
07-07-12, 20:10
http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/5322/81953935.png
after i reloaded the wad in stripix i see that part of the mesh is deformed now! and before when i was remaping in stripix each point i remapped would disapear?
before i remapped all the meshes were noromal.

and when i tried loading the wad in editwad again it got an error!Hmmm... not sure what is happening.
But that mesh should not need remapping anyway because its verticecount is way below 127.

So start with a fresh mesh, import and texture it in STRPix and test ingame.
Should work without remapping.

Soul
07-07-12, 20:23
@Soul:
Your solution doesn't work even with both rooms flipped in the same time:

Hmmm - I'm really clueless then - at least about the lighting.

The waves however aren't working because of the shape of your pool. The LE creates waves by raising and lowering the corners of the respective squares - this doesn't apply to corners that are right next to solid walls though.
A pool has to be at least 2x2 to make waves appear.

This leads me to another idea: Seeing that the waves are moving in the level in TR4, there is indeed another difference between your pool and the one from settomb.prj, so you may want to try making the pool bigger and see if this changes the lighting as well.

THOR2010
07-07-12, 20:48
Hmmm... not sure what is happening.
But that mesh should not need remapping anyway because its verticecount is way below 127.

So start with a fresh mesh, import and texture it in STRPix and test ingame.
Should work without remapping.

i need to remap it to connect it to the adult tr4 waist

DarkHawk
07-07-12, 21:39
8 wholesome flipmaps, of course (and even more (32 if I'm not mistaken) if you're using TRNG.

Oh wow...I happen to be using TRNG so thats awesome. But does that new limit have to be scripted or is it just automatic?

Joey79100
07-07-12, 21:46
@DJ Full: If you wanna do away with these sparks, you can deactivate the Water button in the Room Editor, and place a flipeffect on all squares of your water room.

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 115
; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(115)
; <#> : Room. Set the <&>room as (E)type of room
; <&> : [000] Room0
; (E) : Water room
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 115, $0
Of course you need to replace the room number with yours. ;)

THOR2010
07-07-12, 21:55
i used that flip before and i never needed to put it on all the squares of the water room, i just needed to trigger it once?

Joey79100
07-07-12, 22:04
It works?
So do it if it works. :D

sapper
08-07-12, 01:00
i need to remap it to connect it to the adult tr4 waist

Do as Titak says.

The pelvis doesn't need remapping.

You may need to remodel the pelvis to fit the waist. Is that what you mean?

THOR2010
08-07-12, 01:37
i already remodeled it first before remaping and it still didnt connect right, im gonna try merging the adult tr4 waist withthe young one to she if that helps, thanks for helpin though:)

DarkHawk
08-07-12, 02:30
In my editor window it tells me TexInfos: 547 of 1024, and seeing how my level isnt even half built yet, I'm kinda worried about it...

I mean, what exactly are TexInfos? I'm not sure why the number is so high either. I did notice the number would go up randomly with the more rooms I built and textured but I can't find any consistency with it.

Is there any way to predict what will make it increase and by how much? And what happens if the limit is reached or surpassed?

sapper
08-07-12, 04:53
Tailinfos start at 256 for any project.

Everytime you use the right mouse button to create a smaller than 64 x 64 texture from the TGA in roomedit and apply the texture you create a tailinfo.

NGLE has an option to delete unused tailinfos in the texture menu but use with care. (i.e. have a backup of the project)

I think exceeding the limit means you will have incorrect textures in game.
TRNG has a setting to increase tailinfos for the game.

Titak
08-07-12, 09:53
I think exceeding the limit means you will have incorrect textures in game.Correct.
Every time you place a new texture an other one will be replaced with a random texture.
I had this happening in one of my Himalayan Mysteries levels.

In my editor window it tells me TexInfos: 547 of 1024You're still in the safe zone when it comes to this.

But it is wise to use that "option to delete unused tailinfos in the texture menu" which sapper already pointed out.
Once you have done that you should also use the "check integrity textures" option to check if removing the tailinfo's caused any issues with the textures.

DarkHawk
08-07-12, 18:57
Tailinfos start at 256 for any project.

Everytime you use the right mouse button to create a smaller than 64 x 64 texture from the TGA in roomedit and apply the texture you create a tailinfo.

So, when you apply a texture that is 3 clicks or shorter in height to a wall surface or apply a texture on a triangle surface?

Correct.
Every time you place a new texture an other one will be replaced with a random texture.
I had this happening in one of my Himalayan Mysteries levels.

You're still in the safe zone when it comes to this.

But it is wise to use that "option to delete unused tailinfos in the texture menu" which sapper already pointed out.
Once you have done that you should also use the "check integrity textures" option to check if removing the tailinfo's caused any issues with the textures.

Thank you for the help. I'll be sure to do that :)

EDIT: And another random question: Is there any way to make static objects subjected to light effects? I notice animating objects can interact with room lighting and flares but static ones don't, such as furniture or a statue for decoration.

When you light a flare around them they keep their light values and it looks awkward. So is this just the editor or is there a way to have light interact with their surfaces?

bekim
08-07-12, 20:03
i dont really think so , i think is something with meta i checked in meta homepage.

But you can change it with , strpix light editor
:cln:

Titak
08-07-12, 22:21
EDIT: And another random question: Is there any way to make static objects subjected to light effects? I notice animating objects can interact with room lighting and flares but static ones don't, such as furniture or a statue for decoration.

When you light a flare around them they keep their light values and it looks awkward. So is this just the editor or is there a way to have light interact with their surfaces?Two ways:

STRPix
Export the object and import it back in with the "moveable" option ticked.
But this does nto work exactly the way as moveables in a real moveable slot are reacting to lights.
The object will now only react the the ambient lighting, so in most cases it'll look dark compared to the environment it is placed in since it does not react to any placed lights like sunbulbs, lightbulbs and spotlights.
Meta2TR
The placed statics should then be merged with the rooms they are placed in.
The easiest and fastest way to do this is by using the MapMergeList.txt.
The merged statics have the tendency to keep the lighting you gave them in the editor but you can reset their lighting and they do react to other lights like flames, flare, etc.

The Meta2TR way works best but it is not always needed to merge statics with the roomgeometry. It works especially well in dark environments where players are most likey to use the flare or a torch. :D

STRPix Light Editor should ONLY be used on objects which were imported as STATIC!
It does not make objects react to lights but it does make objects look more "alive" because you can add spotlights and shadows to statics. :D

DJ Full
08-07-12, 22:28
Hey there.
I tried to implement Soul's suggestion concerning water not waving properly if the pool touches walls, so I first removed walls surrounding the pool in the basement, except walls on a square touching a pool corner diagonally. Failed. Then I also removed that corner wall. Failed. Then kept lowering and lowering blocks surrounding the pool at its banks... but nothing helped. Finally, I made an EXACT REPLICA of settomb example room:

http://i50.************/5fqi4z.jpg

only using steampunk textures and basing it on steampunk wad. As You can see, the water still didn't wave, nor the reflection didn't disappear...

http://i48.************/34rt44g.jpg

So I switched to original settomb.wad objects, but it didn't help. I'm really LOST now.

EDIT: I missed something. It started to wave in one particular case: if the lower room is watered before being flipped.
EDIT2: But even if the water waves properly, and both the pool and the room above it are flipped in the same moment, the reflection remains intact:

http://i48.************/2eygq2p.jpg

I think I'll leave this problem for now and focus on other things - as I'm already stuck for several days with that water, and this little level needs some progress. I'm currently trying to stack 3 triggers on the same square, using classic editing only. I'm using trapdoors, because they create their own collision, so - whenever closed - they fool the engine, making it think a different floor is created.