PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Soul
08-07-12, 22:54
Gosh - that's really bright.

I had a look at the settomb.prj myself and it seems, that it works so well in this case because of
1) the muddy water-texture (in your screen the transparent marble-textures add a LOT to the overall brightness of the room below - I used them for the ice in "Ghostbuster" because of that, but in your case it just makes in "worse")
2) the dark textures, that were used in the pool.

When I change the textures it looks VERY similar to your screens:
http://www.abload.de/img/setu6ubh.jpg (http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=setu6ubh.jpg)

That said, the only solution might be to look for some kind of lightsource in your basements to make the bright water more believable (in case you can't use some darker textures) OR use TRNG (even if it's against your personal rules in this case from what I understood) and create the waterroom with the flipeffect Joey mentioned - this will indeed make any reflections go away.

@ waves: Then something must be wrong with the texturing of the portal. :(
In the settomb-example, the textures are all applied from the room above (double sided), so it might be needed in your case as well. :confused:
EDIT: Glad you sorted it yourself...:tmb:

DarkHawk
09-07-12, 04:05
In my oil room, I have a rolling ball trick set up to have the oil ignite. I've set it up to my liking and everything is timed perfectly.

However, I need to finish it by making it so that after the oil ignites, all the oil rooms become death squares with a flipmap. I got that working in of itself, however, when I stack the flipmap trigger along with the the flame emitter triggers under the heavy trigger activated by the rolling ball (to which I have a time parameter of -11) the flipmap trigger isnt affected by the time parameter.

As soon as the rolling ball is triggered the oil rooms become death squares even though the oil wont ignite until after the time parameter has run its course.

Why does the flipmap activate right away even though its stacked with a heavy trigger with a time parameter? All the other triggers affected by the heavy trigger are fine...

DJ Full
09-07-12, 11:17
@DarkHawk
As (due to a useful coincidence) I experimented with my reflection-less flipmap a moment ago, I attached the -11 trigger to it and it didn't work as well. In my case, it's a regular one, not a HEAVY - so it seems the activation method doesn't matter. Maybe flipmaps just can't be timed the one-trigger way... At least I never heard of such (if I am wrong, please kick me).

You want the flipmap after 11 seconds, did I get it right? So simply longer the slope the boulder rolls from, and place an instant flipmap trigger at the end of that ramp, for the ball to trigger the flipmap right after 11 seconds of falling.

@Soul,
This is my flipmap test room in its final phase:

http://i46.************/k1tit0.jpg

I used stone coal - the darkest of all textures in the whole steampunk tga - both on the surface, walls of the pool and its bottom. There's no source of light anywhere, and I still have the reflection. I'll try different buttons, and if nothing helps, I'll do a workaround by poking a little hole in the basement wall, what will leave some sunbeams in as soon as all other light fades out.

Soul
09-07-12, 11:25
Indeed it's not possible to get rid of the reflection completely, but if you place a tiny blueish light-source in the upper room, it won't look out of place anymore, but very atmospheric instead.

On a side note: Your screen is almost pitch-black on my end and I could only make the reflection you were talking about visible by changing both brightness and contrast of the picture.

EDIT:
.... I'll do a workaround by poking a little hole in the basement wall, what will leave some sunbeams in as soon as all other light fades out. good idea :tmb:

Titak
09-07-12, 15:46
You can't get rid of that reflection effect with just the TRLE.
Not sure if TREP has an option to get rid of it but in TRNG you can use the flipeffect to set a room to *** type room. When setting it to water, the reflection will not be there.
This was initially reported as a bug but it was decided to keep it since it can be usefull to have waterrooms without the reflection effect. :D

Another option would be with Meta2TR.
You can then change the weight (Wgt button) of those "reflection" vertices to 0.

Hairhelmet12
09-07-12, 16:00
Hellooo, I'm not sure if this was a problem to anyone else, but I was playing Titak's Mist of Avalon and when I move Lara will start the move and just keep going, like I was turning, and she wouldn't stop! I couldn't pause it or anything. Is there a way to fix this?

Titak
09-07-12, 16:06
You must have a version with the old script then.
Somebody found out that that issue was caused by a conflict in the things I used in the Turbo= script to reduce lagging.

Hold on, I'll see if I can find a link to the updated script.
I should still have it uploaded. :D

**** EDIT ****
This should be it:
MoA-scripts.zip (http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/MoA/MoA-scripts.zip)
Replace your current english.dat and script.dat files with the ones from this zipfile.

Hairhelmet12
09-07-12, 16:16
Awesome, thank you! :hug:

Titak
09-07-12, 16:19
Will you let me know if these scripts are the correct ones and fix that issue? :)

bekim
09-07-12, 16:30
Titak said:
I wonder with what Core Design designers made her animation , and objects

:p :hug:

Titak
09-07-12, 16:34
I didn't say that.
You said it in another thread. :p

All I said that that thread wasn't really the place for this question. :)

Anyway, I remember seeing images of the tools Core used back then.
But I can't remember where... :o

THOR2010
09-07-12, 16:37
there were some shots of the TRC levels in the editor on tombraiderchronicles.com

DJ Full
09-07-12, 16:39
@Titak,
I had exactly the same problem with Your game when launching it on my Win7 laptop. You know what solved the problem?

Pressing NumLock :DYou can't get rid of that reflection effect with just the TRLE.Awww, too late :D I already tested all 20 of Water/Reflection button combinations: W1R1, W1R2, W1R3, W1R4, W2R1, and so on... Anyway thank You.
in TRNG you can use the flipeffect (...) Another option would be with Meta2TRThis is not an option in my case. I don't want to spoil the BTB climate... Mytly is finishing her level as well, so we both could make a "second steampunk round" - and if ALL builders of BTB had to leave that issue be, I have no reason to stand out and get rid of it. I'll only reduce it as much as possible the classic way.

Titak
09-07-12, 16:43
You mean disabling NumLock also did the trick?
Hmmm... I should try that some day.
I always have NumLock enabled. :D

As for the different combinations:
So that's 16 combinations you have tried?! :yik:
Very methodical.
Any unexpected results? :D

bekim
09-07-12, 17:38
what is 'accel' in wadmerger ?:confused:

DarkHawk
09-07-12, 18:08
@DarkHawk
As (due to a useful coincidence) I experimented with my reflection-less flipmap a moment ago, I attached the -11 trigger to it and it didn't work as well. In my case, it's a regular one, not a HEAVY - so it seems the activation method doesn't matter. Maybe flipmaps just can't be timed the one-trigger way... At least I never heard of such (if I am wrong, please kick me).

You want the flipmap after 11 seconds, did I get it right? So simply longer the slope the boulder rolls from, and place an instant flipmap trigger at the end of that ramp, for the ball to trigger the flipmap right after 11 seconds of falling.

I'm lucky you were doing the same thing :D

But the only problem with that is I have no idea how long a ramp to make and that would be a big mess for me. I think I can do it in a simpler way, if what I'm thinking is possible. I'll have 2 rolling balls side by side on two adjacent squares. I'll trigger the second one on a -11 timer so it will have 11 "seconds" to wait before it drops after its been triggered. The other ball will remain the same as it is now. So hopefully that will sync the flip with the flames.

The only problem with this would be if you can't have a timer on the rolling ball dropping...but I should think thats fine. I'd also have to figure out how to trigger the second rolling ball, because if i stack it with the other one the timer will affect both of them. Would a Trigger Triggerer would do the trick?

leglion
09-07-12, 18:15
I really should start back on my T-rex. I mean, i even missed my deadline that i set for my self but i have zero motivation. :p

Hairhelmet12
09-07-12, 18:32
Will you let me know if these scripts are the correct ones and fix that issue? :)

Yes, it's fixed! Woohoo! :D

AkyV
09-07-12, 18:42
what is 'accel' in wadmerger ?:confused:

It has two tasks:

1. Quoted from myself, my Memory Zone tutorial:
Let’s see an example to understand that:
When Lara’s standing, then she’s performing her ID103 animation (Speed value in WADMerger Animation Editor: 0.) Then she starts running, performing her ID6 animation (Speed value: 23.) The she’s running, performing her ID0 animation (Speed value: 47.)
When she starts running (Animation6) then the Speed jumps from Value 0 of the previous animation to Value 23 of this Animation, at once. But Animation6 has an “Accel: 1” value. It means the speed will be increased by 1 per frame in the game: 24, 25 etc. When Animation6 has ended and Lara starts performing Animation0 then the last speed of Animation6 (it’s probably 36) will jump to the 47 constant speed value of Animation0.

2. With some other animations, Accel could be tricky. I mean, if Lara finishes the animation and the Accel is not 0 then she will "slip forward".

JessyTR
09-07-12, 19:05
I didn't say that.
You said it in another thread. :p

All I said that that thread wasn't really the place for this question. :)

Anyway, I remember seeing images of the tools Core used back then.
But I can't remember where... :o

I think you're talking about this: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/ani_editor.html

:D

bekim
09-07-12, 19:07
Nvm...

raiderromero
09-07-12, 19:34
1 problem , when i set a raising block and it is deactivated the texture of the raising block is over the floor and makes a ugly transparence between the floor texture and the raising block texture, how do i solve it?

Mytly
09-07-12, 19:37
Texture the floor tile with the transparent sky colour. That way, only the raising block texture will be seen when the block is deactivated.

bekim
09-07-12, 20:08
Nvm

Controfiliburu
09-07-12, 20:10
Maybe wrong StateID or you have something in the Speed box?

bekim
09-07-12, 20:17
Maybe wrong StateID or you have something in the Speed box?

I never change that :( i seriously need help X{

Controfiliburu
09-07-12, 20:25
Check the original anim and it`s StatedID, Next Anims, Next Frames ect and Animation commands.

DJ Full
09-07-12, 20:29
As for the different combinations:
So that's 16 combinations you have tried?! :yik:20. But that only took me 20 minutes, so no effort at all :DAny unexpected results? :DNo. Just waving and reflecting as usually in all those cases. But later on, I discovered something that might have significant importance. Read please:

Setup:
Two stacked rooms, lower one with a RAISING_BLOCK2, and upper one with a TRAPDOOR3 placed in a portal between those two rooms.
Problem:
An invisible collision box will appear over the trapdoor, when it's closed and the block is raised below it in the same moment.
Solution:
Order of stacked triggers matters. TRIGGER for RAISING_BLOCK2 must be selectable as first of the stack, and TRIGGER for TRAPDOOR3 must follow.

After I discovered this, I got stuck with a problem that is probably obvious - however I have no idea how to reverse a thrown jumpswitch???

bekim
09-07-12, 20:29
I already did , nah well , ill just sit here and wait for titak
(>.>)...........(<.<)

Soul
09-07-12, 20:31
nevermind - I was wrong.

Mytly
09-07-12, 20:32
After I discovered this, I got stuck with a problem that is probably obvious - however I have no idea how to reverse a thrown jumpswitch???
I don't think that's possible manually or via any triggers. AFAIK, the only time when a jumpswitch resets itself is when it is used for a timed run. And that too, only one type of jumpswitch does that - the one included in the BtB2011 package is that type, fortunately.

bekim
09-07-12, 20:38
I have a terrible problem :

i was making an animation , shimmy animation based on geckokid faster shimmey , i exported to 3dmax animated everything fine ,and set all the keys,

i transport to a wad as well , somehow her collision box is bigger .(i fix that with wadmreger too)
The hand position is the same with the other shimmey animations.
But in game she wont animate at all . She just gets stucked in one place :(

Thanks

The 3rd time i post this :(

Controfiliburu
09-07-12, 20:38
I`m not sure but I saw that Piega relased a jumpswitch like that :o

Titak
09-07-12, 21:23
You'll need a special jumpswitch which also has an animation of resetting back to its original animation and state ("up" position).
There's a jumpswitch like that available on TR Search if the BtB wad does not have that type of jumpswitch.

That timeable jumpswitch originally came from one of the TR4 or TRC wads.
I remember there being one in a level in which Lara fell quite far down into green water after pullign it and then you had to go back up some stairs quickly before the switch reset and time was up.
But I can't for the life of me remember which level it was... :o

bekim
09-07-12, 21:25
Hey titak have any idea about this :

i was making an animation , shimmy animation based on geckokid faster shimmey , i exported to 3dmax animated everything fine ,and set all the keys,

i transport to a wad as well , somehow her collision box is bigger .(i fix that with wadmreger too)
But in game she wont animate at all . She just gets stucked in one place

Thanks

The 3rd time i post this

Titak
09-07-12, 21:31
And the third time I see it. No need to post in different threads really.
If I would have an idea about it I would have posted already. :p

Someone else already provided a suggestion.
Have you looked into that?

bekim
09-07-12, 21:32
And the third time I see it. No need to post in different threads really.
If I would have an idea about it I would have posted already. :p

Someone else already provided a suggestion.
Have you looked into that?

I only posted it in this thread srsly :confused:

Kapu
10-07-12, 06:48

But in game she wont animate at all . She just gets stucked in one place :(

Thanks

The 3rd time i post this :(

did you make sure to copy all the anim commands, state ids, 'next animation' and such after you copied the new shimmying animation into WADmerger? that data is usually lost when you paste over the top of an existing animation and you need to fill it out again.

bekim
10-07-12, 06:53
did you make sure to copy all the anim commands, state ids, 'next animation' and such after you copied the new shimmying animation into WADmerger? that data is usually lost when you paste over the top of an existing animation and you need to fill it out again.
100% percent sure ,hmmmm i must ask geckokid , he did those faster shimmeys ,and they work .:confused:

Thanks Kapu :), ill check again to be sure

Just checked ,everything was fine :[

Kapu
10-07-12, 07:06
ah, i'm sorry then. :( that was my best guess.

bekim
10-07-12, 07:13
Could it be something due collision box :confused:

Kapu
10-07-12, 07:21
maybe? did you calculate the collision using the LARA object or LARA_SKIN? LARA will give you an incorrect box - LARA_SKIN does it right. FexAnim can also give you a proper collision box.

bekim
10-07-12, 07:27
maybe? did you calculate the collision using the LARA object or LARA_SKIN? LARA will give you an incorrect box - LARA_SKIN does it right. FexAnim can also give you a proper collision box.

but laras skin is in another slot :confused:
THanks Kapu it was the collision box ,i fixed it with fexanim :D

Kapu
10-07-12, 16:51
right, to get the right collision using the LARA_SKIN object, copy the anim from the LARA object, open LARA_SKIN in AnimEdit, paste anim, from menu choose "calculate collision," recopy anim, exit AnimEdit, reopen in LARA object and paste.

of course FexAnim does the same thing quite a bit faster. haha

raiderromero
10-07-12, 19:38
A question from begginers ( i cant believe im actually asking this)

How do you copy an object in a room?
How do you rotate an object with the keyboard( not with mouse)

bekim
10-07-12, 20:10
A question from begginers ( i cant believe im actually asking this)

How do you copy an object in a room?
How do you rotate an object with the keyboard( not with mouse)

i dont know :pi: and i would like to know (:-{)

AkyV
10-07-12, 20:39
You can't copy anything in a room that you placed there but has an ID. Placed objects have ID's, they are not copyable. Placed light bulbs have not, you can copy them.

Download the basic manual for NGLE from Room Editor\drop down menu bar\Help. At the bottom of the manual you can find all the NGLE key commands. (Btw rotating is CTRL+F.) - The other key commands, I mean the "original" TRLE key commands are in the "original" manual, of course.

lance6439
10-07-12, 22:29
I want to play a level but I found out (with the help of larafan25) that I had to move folders & such around to play the TRLE game I wanted to play. Yet I still can't play it. What should I do? I need help, please.

DarkHawk
10-07-12, 22:49
Nevermind...

JessyTR
10-07-12, 23:10
I want to play a level but I found out (with the help of larafan25) that I had to move folders & such around to play the TRLE game I wanted to play. Yet I still can't play it. What should I do? I need help, please.
Copy the files in your original TRLE folder :D

EDIT: you don't need to move files everytime, some levels are prepared to play.

FloTheMachine
11-07-12, 13:44
Hi there.
Does anyone know of any TR2 Venice objects which were adapted for the TR2 engine? Like the gondolas you can break and stuff? (I can only think of the Speed boat :D )

Titak
11-07-12, 15:41
I remember seeing the masked enemies on Lara's Levelbase once.
And you could check the Venice BtB wad. :D

lance6439
11-07-12, 16:25
Copy the files in your original TRLE folder :D

EDIT: you don't need to move files everytime, some levels are prepared to play.

I did that already & the level I wanna play still wont appear :/

Kapu
11-07-12, 16:58
what files are included in the download of the level? give me the entire list.

Soul
11-07-12, 16:58
Would help if you told us, which level you're talking about.
Imo it's a lot easier to create a playable folder yourself, instead of moving the files to the LE-folder.

A playable folder has to contain:
1) A folder named "audio" - place all the audio-files into this one.
2) A folder named "data" - place all the tr4-files here. Be sure to also have title.tr4 AND uklogo.pak there, so copy them from your original installation, if they aren't in the downloaded level.
3) the tomb4.exe (copy it from the original folder, if it doesn't exist)
4) script.dat, english.dat and maybe also [insert random language here].dat
5) load.bmp
6) other files from the downloaded folder, I haven't mentioned yet (objects.h, tomb_nextgeneration.dll, ...)

Once your created such a folder (the best way to do is by copying the missing files from the original installation into your downloaded folder) the level should be playable.

FloTheMachine
11-07-12, 18:21
I remember seeing the masked enemies on Lara's Levelbase once.
And you could check the Venice BtB wad. :D

Oh yeah! God how obvious lmao. :vlol:
Thanks haha, I'll look up the levelbase too :)

raiderromero
11-07-12, 23:16
does anybody know how to make a "lavafalling" instead of waterfall like titak did in mists of avalon? i guess she used meta2tr but no sure if tha was an object or textures in animation ranges etc....??

Titak
12-07-12, 10:40
The lavafalls in my MoA levels were objects (I always use objects for water/lavafalls). Meta2TR is not really needed to get good water/lavafalls.

To get a lavafall all you basically have to do is replace the scrolling waterfall texture in the wad with a lava type one. :D

However, the default scrolling speed of scrolling textures from the wad is quite fast which does not look very good for the average lavafall imo.
If your level will only have lavafalls and you want the textures to scroll less fast you can change the speed with the Customize= CUST_WATERFALL_SPEED, ** script.
** being the speed you want.

If you need different speeds for scrolling textures, then you can use both textures from the wad (which will then have the speed you assign with Customize= CUST_WATERFALL_SPEED) and textures on the TGA who's speed you can change in the Animation Range window in the editor.
These TGA textures can be applied to an object using Pixstr. (this program works with tr4 files only). :D

DJ Full
12-07-12, 13:27
@Titak,
do You remember the skribblerz flyby tutorial? Uvavoo said they are more fluent if You don't use incremental/decremental speed, but incremental/decremental distance between cameras instead. This is because of constant-acceleration physics law, which applies in real world (thus, not relating to surreal levels). I see an analogy to waterfalls: the same rule should be enough to make a fluent lava one, without using many different texture scrolling speeds.

Anyway, no matter of used method, there is one crucial thing to remember about lavafalls:

http://i45.************/2qbhnau.jpg

If You played A Witch shall be born, You can see this effect applied very well in the lava part. No objects, just a stretched/squished grid and the whole wall got set on convincing fire.

TheTiger
12-07-12, 13:52
DJFull@:

I wanted to post something like that, but i never used it since the textures will end up squished at the highest and the bottom part. So i think it is smarter to use the modified scrolling speed, but he could indeed give it a try first. :D

raiderromero
12-07-12, 14:49
sounds "time comsuming to do":eek:

Titak
12-07-12, 14:58
@Titak,
do You remember the skribblerz flyby tutorial? Uvavoo said they are more fluent if You don't use incremental/decremental speed, but incremental/decremental distance between cameras instead. This is because of constant-acceleration physics law, which applies in real world (thus, not relating to surreal levels). I see an analogy to waterfalls: the same rule should be enough to make a fluent lava one, without using many different texture scrolling speeds.

Anyway, no matter of used method, there is one crucial thing to remember about lavafalls:

http://i45.************/2qbhnau.jpg

This is usually how my waterfall objects end up, except for the squished part at the bottom. :D

Can't remember that tutorial though.
But I only use the different speeds in the camera's in only a few cases.

the same rule should be enough to make a fluent lava one, without using many different texture scrolling speeds.Indeed not for one type of water/lavafall object.
But when you want to use different types of water/lavafalls in your level, like a waterfall in one place and a lavafall in another place, you do need to assign different speeds to the different textures. :D

sounds "time comsuming to do":eek:
Welcome to the world of building custom levels! :p

raiderromero
12-07-12, 15:00
and where do i find a lavafall?

Titak
12-07-12, 15:12
You'll have to make it yourself.
I don't think there are any lavafall objects available.
(I might be wrong though)

You could also take an existing waterfall object and change its texture to a lava type texture. :D

raiderromero
12-07-12, 15:18
im not very good at creating objects :( anyway i gonna try what happens (i love script and variables )

DJ Full
12-07-12, 15:22
I wanted to post something like that, but i never used it since the textures will end up squished at the highest and the bottom partThat's the point. Unlike water, lava IS stretched and squished when it falls.Can't remember that tutorial though.Tam tam tadadadam tam tam taaam! (http://skribblerz.com/flybycams.htm) Ctrl+F, type "speed" and click down arrow for precise destination.

DJ Full
12-07-12, 16:22
As we touched the scrolling textures topic, I checked my BTB set and it's good I did. Me again troubled. It appears when I merged the BTB package with latest TRNG, waterfall textures got messed up. I heard the UVRotate= command no longer applies in TRNG, however I remember the project had that funny "do not delete" room with all animating tiles stored... so I kept it.

I suppose converting the project from v49 to v50 might have caused the problem, however I'm not sure. In my train level, built from scratch with TRNG, everything scrolls fine - while here, I got that white arrows scrolling together with lava.

THOR2010
13-07-12, 03:48
im striving to make a desert level thats not egypt and i bought alot of music from audio network for an arabian level but never got started... so heres the only idea i could come up with is the mythical city of Ubar (Iram of the pillars) the very same mythical city in uncharted 3. just wanted to as if it would be a good idea to use it because its already been done and i dont really wanna steal ideas from other games.

Uzi master
13-07-12, 06:29
im striving to make a desert level thats not egypt and i bought alot of music from audio network for an arabian level but never got started... so heres the only idea i could come up with is the mythical city of Ubar (Iram of the pillars) the very same mythical city in uncharted 3. just wanted to as if it would be a good idea to use it because its already been done and i dont really wanna steal ideas from other games.

Build what you want to, though if you want a different idea...

The deserts of Saudi Arabia, Iraq or other middle eastern country, housing terrorists in local caves. Caves which happen to lead to some sort of ancient powerful artifact, meaning Lara has to stop them and grab the artifact first before they can use it for their own purposes.

Just a rough idea.

raiderromero
13-07-12, 18:21
i have my lavafall now (there are 3 waterfall objects in the wad) but in game the animation is corrupted and the textures are ugly . why? and i have also this in my script...
Settings=SET_ACCEPT_EXTRA_TAILINFOS

Titak
13-07-12, 18:24
Waterfalltextures need to be the largest in the wad.
Largest in height anyway.
My waterfall textures are always 256 high and 128 wide.
All my other textures are 255 or less in height. :D

raiderromero
13-07-12, 18:34
is this oK?
http://i48.************/2nvuyxc.jpg

bekim
13-07-12, 19:13
TWO of them ?

raiderromero
13-07-12, 19:25
TWO of them ?

what do you mean by that?
yes i have 2 lava textures and 2 lavawaterfalls
someone helpppppp

Titak
13-07-12, 19:27
is this oK?
Not good enough.
They should take up the first two textures.
That ivy one is the first texture now so the issue can still appear.
Make the lavatextures a bit larger in height and they will be the first textures of the wad.

@ bekim:
Sure, why not two?
As long as you have two WATERFALL** objects in your wad, each textured with one of those two textures, they can both work fine.

For the lavafalls in my MoA level I also used two different textures.
The first one was applied to the roomgeometry and the second one was applied (semi-transparant) to the object which was placed over the roomgeometry lavafalls. :D
They also moved at slightly different speeds.

raiderromero
13-07-12, 19:40
Not good enough.
They should take up the first two textures.
That ivy one is the first texture now so the issue can still appear.
Make the lavatextures a bit larger in height and they will be the first textures of the wad.

And how am i suppose to import the bigger bmp , my experience with strpix says me that i cant import a bigger file, strpix will say "error" i think i can only replace, can't i?

edit i think im remebering about using wadmerger ...

Ok i did it but one problem more, the animation is not fluid and you see the "grid" in the texture i mean where 1 texture starts and the other begins and the animations is poor realistic ??? how do i solve this?

http://i50.************/kxdw4.jpg

teme9
13-07-12, 21:27
And how am i suppose to import the bigger bmp , my experience with strpix says me that i cant import a bigger file, strpix will say "error" i think i can only replace, can't i?

Ok i did it but one problem more, the animation is not fluid and you see the "grid" in the texture i mean where 1 texture starts and the other begins and the animations is poor realistic ??? how do i solve this?

http://i50.************/kxdw4.jpg

There is a problem with your texture. By judging your previous screenshot from strpix - your lava texture is repeated only twice on the texture. The "scrolling waterfall" -texture needs to be stacked four times.

Take a look here:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=168574

Titak
13-07-12, 22:31

Yes, WADMerger it is. :D
There's more info on it in either the tutorial section or in the FAQ thread.

raiderromero
14-07-12, 00:49
ok so the final lava will be like this...

http://i50.************/rucvpv.jpg

how can i make smoke like in titak's lava?

DJ Full
14-07-12, 01:00
1. WATERFALLMIST objects.
2. STEAM_EMITTER objects.
3. SMOKE_EMITTER objects.
4. OCB library from skribblerz.
5. More scrolling textures on curved, interlacing objects (see the Jerusalem Project, Ark finale).

Btw I'm not sure if a fog should be present in a lava cave. Such places are rather extremely dry...

BTW, my own waterfall problem seems to remain either unnoticed, or unsolved (it's another case when I don't know which of those two happens). I'll give details, then:
http://i48.************/2l9oqf.jpg
How am I supposed to get rid of this? I threw the stuff from steampunk package into TRNG, and ranges got messed up. Those are placed grid textures, not .wad ones. I tried to follow the skribblerz NGLE tutorial concerning scrolling textures (placed), but I keep missing something.

raiderromero
14-07-12, 01:13
5. More scrolling textures on curved, interlacing objects (see the Jerusalem Project, Ark finale).

Btw I'm not sure if a fog should be present in a lava cave. Such places are rather extremely dry...

well since that level is 15 millions years ago, who knows who the fog or enviroment was like, besides that's is not fog i would call it dust.

What causes that when lara pulls a switch and it doesnt react (perform the animation) till 3 seconds later?
All other switches work normally and if i put lara close that switch at the beginning of the level (move lara there) the switch works normaly?

Nate
14-07-12, 02:49
looking for a tutorial for making a title, Thanks!

THOR2010
14-07-12, 06:33
look at the title prj

TheBloodRed
14-07-12, 06:36
looking for a tutorial for making a title, Thanks!

You can find one on skribblerz's tutorials here (http://skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/titleflybycams.htm) or play around with the cameras using the image I will provide below.

http://skribblerz.com/flyby2.jpg

Nate
14-07-12, 16:36
You can find one on skribblerz's tutorials here (http://skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/titleflybycams.htm) or play around with the cameras using the image I will provide below.

http://skribblerz.com/flyby2.jpg

thanks reading it now :D

raiderromero
14-07-12, 19:21

I think what titak used fot the smoke above the lava was an animating

DJ Full
14-07-12, 19:42
I meant that in the 5. point.

raiderromero
14-07-12, 19:43
I meant that in the 5. point.

i wanna create one but i dont have idea how :(

bekim
15-07-12, 07:48
Guys i have a serious problem :eek:

All of my animations that move side to side like shimmying , walking slowly left or right , i mean all animations that go from right to left or left to right THEY LOOP for infinity :( idk why

Controfiliburu
15-07-12, 09:46
I have a problem when I want to swamp meshes in EditWad.
I have LARA_SKIN and LARA_SKIN_JOINTS in the wad, then I add LARA_SKIN and LARA_SKIN_JOINTS from other outfit to ANIMATING_1 and ANIMATING_1MIP. I save the wad and when I open the wad in Strpix/EditWad the meshes from base outfit are fine but from the other outfit aren`t. Some meshes`re missing, are`t in good order. Someone knows why this is happening? :o

DJ Full
15-07-12, 12:22
@raiderromero,
Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79217)'s a tutorial Titak has once made to throw waterfall textures onto other objects - both animatings and statics.
@bekim,
this sounds like a missing stateID change in the end of Your anim.

Titak
15-07-12, 13:46
I think what titak used fot the smoke above the lava was an animatingNope.
A static with a slowly scrolling texture on it. :D
The texture was part of the TGA so the speed of the scrolling was set in the editor.
The texture was then applied to the object with Pixstr.

raiderromero
15-07-12, 13:50
well for some strange reaso when i try to open my tr4 file with pixtr it crashes , so i will have to forget abut that :(

bagas
15-07-12, 13:58
does it possible to make lara change direction when sliding,just like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpA6DNyK0E&feature=relmfu

it was soo cool :cln:

raiderromero
15-07-12, 14:02
does it possible to make lara change direction when sliding,just like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klpA6DNyK0E&feature=relmfu

it was soo cool :cln:

wrong section it think this goes to TRNG ¿? but if you saw that there it means its possible

bagas
15-07-12, 14:04
whoops i think this, question belong to TRNG im going to ask there :o

raiderromero
15-07-12, 14:30
cant open my tr4

http://i46.************/8we9w3.jpg

Titak
15-07-12, 15:11
I use Pixstr 2.2 rev2.
You are using rev0.
Perhaps that's why you can't open your TRNG level with it.

But where did I get that rev 2 version? ... :confused:

raiderromero
15-07-12, 15:57
I use Pixstr 2.2 rev2.
You are using rev0.
Perhaps that's why you can't open your TRNG level with it.

But where did I get that rev 2 version? ... :confused:

never mind i got pixtr revision 3

http://i45.************/2dw510k.jpg

Zique
15-07-12, 16:22
Is it possible to run TRLE or NGLE on a pen-drive? Like the portable versions of Photoshop, so I can carry it on a pen drive and run it wherever I am.

(Not sure where to post this question, since it's about both TRLE and NGLE)

raiderromero
15-07-12, 17:19
titak i did what you said, i created the animation in the editor, then converted to tr4 and opened it with pixstr , but i don't see the texture and i dont know how to apply it :confused:

edit: i get to apply the textures but in game the textures are black and i set transparent and semi-transparent but seems to not have effect ( the texture of the smoke is gray and the remaining black)

edit: the problem was that i didnt apply the texture in transparent into THE EDITOR so i couldnt change that property, but now is working.

THOR2010
15-07-12, 18:55
im trying to find a picture of a ship similar to the one in TR3 for a level but i dont know the kind of ship and the ones i can find are always bad angles... does anyone know the kind of ship?

DJ Full
15-07-12, 23:05
I have a problem now with a crowbar pickup. It reads in the manual that I have to type "2" in the OCB field. But when I do it, the object remains on the floor. Also, how is the game supposed to know WHICH wall I want to stick the puzzle item to?
Is it possible to run TRLE or NGLE on a pen-drive?Yes. Mine even ran on a different PC, without installation, but I don't know if it's an always-working rule. Maybe that PC just had the remaining registry entries after the previous installation.

RardRaider
16-07-12, 00:54
I have a problem now with a crowbar pickup. It reads in the manual that I have to type "2" in the OCB field. But when I do it, the object remains on the floor. Also, how is the game supposed to know WHICH wall I want to stick the puzzle item to?

You have to set OCB 2 in the puzzle item you want to pry off the wall with the crowbar :D (see Cleopatra's Palaces as reference)

Zique
16-07-12, 01:22
Yes. Mine even ran on a different PC, without installation, but I don't know if it's an always-working rule. Maybe that PC just had the remaining registry entries after the previous installation.

How did you do it? You just set it to install on the pen drive?

skylark1121
16-07-12, 01:23
Urg. I'm having an issue in my level where, whenever Lara moves, the screen will flash black, and then go back to normal. When the screen flashes black, I can still see Lara, but nothing else. I've also noticed that it only happens in certain rooms.

Does anyone know the cause of this? :)

DJ Full
16-07-12, 02:16
You have to set OCB 2 in the puzzle item you want to pry off the wall with the crowbar :D (see Cleopatra's Palaces as reference)Isn't it exactly what I'm doing? The scarab from cleopal in 6th puzzle slot sticks to the wall by default. My fuse is in 12th slot and it appears on the floor in the editor. Is it usable as a crowbar pickup at all? Or does this ability only relate to slot number 6?

How did you do it? You just set it to install on the pen drive?Yes. I always install both TRLE and TRNG in the same folder. I have troubles installing a standalone MK4, so I install MK2 and then MK4 to the same location.

whenever Lara moves, the screen will flash black, and then go back to normal(...)it only happens in certain rooms.I think I had this while messing with portals... check if those "certain rooms" have properly assigned opacity. I'm not sure though.

Uzi master
16-07-12, 02:42
Isn't it exactly what I'm doing? The scarab from cleopal in 6th puzzle slot sticks to the wall by default. My fuse is in 12th slot and it appears on the floor in the editor. Is it usable as a crowbar pickup at all? Or does this ability only relate to slot number 6?

It needs the same animations I think.

bekim
16-07-12, 05:50
-Guys , why TRviewer crashes so much :(

Titak
16-07-12, 08:23
Urg. I'm having an issue in my level where, whenever Lara moves, the screen will flash black, and then go back to normal. When the screen flashes black, I can still see Lara, but nothing else. I've also noticed that it only happens in certain rooms.

Does anyone know the cause of this? :)Are those rooms in the lower righthand corner of the editor window?
If so, then that's the cause. That corner is buggy and causes textures to disappear. :(

Zique
16-07-12, 17:00
Yes. I always install both TRLE and TRNG in the same folder. I have troubles installing a standalone MK4, so I install MK2 and then MK4 to the same location.

Thank you, I might try that out later today :D

Mytly
16-07-12, 19:16
Isn't it exactly what I'm doing? The scarab from cleopal in 6th puzzle slot sticks to the wall by default. My fuse is in 12th slot and it appears on the floor in the editor. Is it usable as a crowbar pickup at all? Or does this ability only relate to slot number 6?
I don't think it has to do with the slot, but with the where the pickup is placed in the editor. You need a pickup that is placed on the side of a square, not the middle. The stars - available in the Catacomb wad, I think - are that type. Try it with those and see.

Titak
16-07-12, 19:19
^
Correct. :D

So if you want a fuse that sticks to the wall, you'll have to replace the mesh of the start puzzle-item with a fuse mesh so it sits in the same position on the wall as the star.

Soul
16-07-12, 20:26
@DJ Full and Mytly: Hmmm - so as long as the item is on the wall it will work, right?

You could try uranos' method of placing items wherever one wants (not just the middle of the square) then - it's at least worth a try: http://trforge.net/advent/2011/day17/index-eng.php

DJ Full
17-07-12, 02:02
Aww... Another Advent task I missed. Really... I screwed it this year. That might be useful now.

EDIT:
The weirdest tutorial ever... Anyway I followed it and I managed to stick the pickup into the wall:

http://i46.************/2mrwajs.jpg

but there's no way to pry it off this wall at OCB 2. I only can force the low/high pedestal anims at OCBs 4/3. And the tutorial is said to bes useful for pickups in the walls in case when You don't have a crowbar. This must mean it won't work anyway. Heck! I'll have to modify the wad.

And I finally decided to script that problematic trigger I previously had - because even though I managed to force 2 special triggers on the same square (description in the offtopic chat), I required 3 of them. When You start with TRNG, it's then extremely difficult to switch back to TRLE, because ideas impossible to execute the classic way appear in Your mind faster than You can get rid of them. Soon, they cover so much percentage of the level that giving them up would ruin it.

Anyway, I'll try to maintain the BTB feeling in as many places as possible.

tombraiderxii
17-07-12, 04:01
I'm having trouble with TRNG lately.

I'm trying to flood a room, but here's the problem. Doing it with the traditional flipmap (to water room) isn't an option as it causes the lighting to be well... really bright. -_- (see bottom picture of the pic below)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/tombraiderxii/compare1.png

I just want to have it be like the picture on top, but I can't seem to get the flipmaps working correctly with the flipeffects. :hea:
I've been at it for awhile and can't seem to find any way to get it working smoothly (or properly for that matter :( ) because there's at least 3 rounds of flooding (and draining, and for some reason, Lara only turns the valve once and can't anymore when it comes to this flipmap/flipeffect thing).

Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Titak
17-07-12, 08:42
For flooding and draining flipmaps you need to use the flip-on and flip-off flipeffects.
And if you don't want that underwater reflectioneffect, you should use the flipeffect to "set ** room as **** room".
**** should be water in your case.

For reusing a switch, the trigger for it should not be set to "one shot".
The switch itself may need to be reset to its original state if it does not have multiple animations for "turning on" and "turning off".

Btw, this is TRNG stuff so if you are using TRNG, it is better to ask these questions in the TRNG section.

TheTiger
17-07-12, 11:29
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47618692/Update.jpg

I've been painting my own waterfall textures, finished the mesh, but now i have some problems.

The mesh's point positions where exactly 0.00 at the bottom, and 104.00 at the top... yet the meshes overlap a little, any fixes for this except aligning them in meta2tr?

Titak
17-07-12, 14:45
Should be 102.4 at the top.
102.4 is exactly one editor block high.

But in my experience, using these exact values causes tiny gaps.
So is is better to add 0.5 to each value.
So then you would end up at -0.5 and 102.9 (103).

On the other hand... STRPix always snaps to whole numbers so it would still be 0.0 and 102 or 103...

And, if you are planning to use Meta2TR on this level, you can allign the vertices even better. :D

TheTiger
18-07-12, 16:44
I'm not planning on using Meta2tr, but fixing it in these waterfalls is 1 minute's work, So i'll just do that. Shouldn't be much of a problem, thanks for the help. :D

I should also remember these values... for other objects like static columns, since this explains why it doesn't align sometimes. :D

Titak
18-07-12, 17:17
Something we can talk about Saturday. :D

THOR2010
18-07-12, 19:08
need opinions, how do these transitions look?
http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/636/61262849.png

Titak
18-07-12, 19:22
They look good but I would make each side look a bit more different.
So when the texture is used like that it'll look like a more natural sand mount. :D

THOR2010
18-07-12, 19:50
they wont be used in that shape ingame thats just the way i made them,

TheTiger
18-07-12, 21:31
I like them, they have something cartoonish. :D

JessyTR
18-07-12, 22:13
It's looking like a block. I mean, the sand mount :p

raiderromero
18-07-12, 22:13
what causes when i apply a texture in a specific wall, in game the texture is another i didnt apply?

Titak
18-07-12, 22:34
^
Could be that you have reached the max amount of tailinfo's.
Either increase this limit (in the script) or use the "Remove unused tailinfo's" feature from the "Texture" menu.
(Also use "Check integrity textures" afterwards.)

It is better to use "Remove unused tailinof's" because it frees space/resources.

KurtisandLara
18-07-12, 22:35
what causes when i apply a texture in a specific wall, in game the texture is another i didnt apply?

I believe this is caused by there not being enough textures in the room? Or something like that.

raiderromero
18-07-12, 22:43
I believe this is caused by there not being enough textures in the room? Or something like that.

not being enough textures? i cant ge it

THOR2010
19-07-12, 00:05
just noticed this while testing my textures ingame, accidentally made a dogs face with mirrored transitions!
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3094/53650788.png

larafan25
19-07-12, 02:38
The top mini face looks like the lady and the tramp dog, below it, the small face looks like some sort of fox. The big middle face looks like a panda bear, and below that looks like some weird freaky pig dog.

LadyCupcake
19-07-12, 12:28
when lara runs against a wall and hits it she makes the drawing guns sound O.o
how do I fix this?

Zique
19-07-12, 15:55
Does anyone knows where to find those white square/black border textures people use while still focusing on the geometry? I want to have a little bit of it done before deciding which textures I'm gonna use, so they're gonna be helpful when testing the level

KurtisandLara
19-07-12, 16:01
Does anyone knows where to find those white square/black border textures people use while still focusing on the geometry? I want to have a little bit of it done before deciding which textures I'm gonna use, so they're gonna be helpful when testing the level

Level Nextgen made some awhile back.
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3789

Zique
19-07-12, 16:14
Level Nextgen made some awhile back.
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3789

Thank you!
But when I download these, I get a chinese texture set :confused:

raiderromero
19-07-12, 17:14
what causes that the waterfalls appear and disappear when lara is looking from different angles :mad:?

Titak
19-07-12, 20:35
Bend faces or the object sticking into another room.
Can have different causes.

teme9
19-07-12, 20:38
Also if your waterfall object is in static slot you could try to make the visibility box larger :D that can help sometimes too :D

raiderromero
19-07-12, 21:07
is it possible to pick up something in the quicksand?

-Roli-
20-07-12, 20:01
Hey all! :)

I have a serious problem, and don't know how to fix it. :confused:

So, if I reach the 75th room or so, the game crashes at the loading. If I delete the 75th and above rooms, then no problems.
I'm using NGLE + TRNG, but don't know it is TRNG related stuff.

The Last_Crash says:

CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0x7E5C242E
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x4134D5
REGISTERS:
EAX=3ABED90
EBX=FF180800
ECX=7E5C2428
EDX=0
ESI=FFFF00FF
EDI=0
EBP=94
EIP=4134D5
ESP=4B4FF14
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
00000017:Camera_Room
00000001:Camera_TargetRoom
0013FF4C:BaseSalvaStack1
04B4FFB4:BaseSalvaStack2
0362FFB0:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory is full at 6.12 (Used 0xBC bytes)
ZonaSceneMemory memory is full at 16.30 (Used 0x454B4 bytes)
VetEditObjects memory is full at 30.77 (Used 0x814 bytes)
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.99 (Used 0xF2CC bytes)
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.29 (Used 0x484 bytes)
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory is full at 5.74 (Used 0x194 bytes)
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory is full at 6.05 (Used 0x7C bytes)
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
SaveGame_220_DatiMoveables memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreAttivaFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettoreFlagFlipMaps memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFlyCameras memory is full at 7.40 (Used 0x5EC bytes)
VetByteFlyCamera memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory <EMPTY: never used>
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)
Ptr_MemBufferLivello memory is full at 43.28 (Used 0x841754 bytes)

Lara: x=-1835275 y=607076113 z=-1140193106 StateId=65023 NextId=1631 AnimNow=14960 Room=15904

Stack=0x4B4FF14 pContesto=0x4B4FC48 pInfoEccezione=0x4B4FC2C
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x4B4FF14
STACK_TRACE:
0x453A77
0x4742A3
0x491BFF
0x48F8AE
0x491C05
0x4748EB
0x49E67C
0x49DF08
0x49E61D
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x13B12C
STACK_TRACE:
0x44005C
0x460046
0x43004F
0x45004D
0x410050
0x480054
0x44005C
0x45004D
0x410050
0x480054
0x49005C
0x460020
0x4A6FE0
0x48D2F2
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48CC6B
0x48CACE
0x49F26B
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0x362B190
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

Thank you so much for any help!

:}hello friend
22-07-12, 01:45
Quick question...

Can I get the spike sounds to occur underwater?

And don't skip Roli's question above mine :)

TheBloodRed
22-07-12, 06:54
Roli, are you using any trap doors?

H-Friend: No idea about the spike sounds underwater. I thought the sound was made always... then again the spikes aren't usually meant for underwater. xP

-Roli-
22-07-12, 09:01
OK, my problem solved: there was some "objects" that the TRLE don't like. So i deleted them from the map, now everything works very well! :)

Thank you so much anyway! :hug: :hug:

Btw I'm not sure in the underwater spike sound :S But if you open the wadmerger, and use the animation editor with the spikes, then maybe you could change the sound to play it 'always'. :) Not only in dry rooms. ;) But just an idea, I'm not sure it is possible.

JessyTR
22-07-12, 15:32
hello friend, I think Titak used those sounds underwater in MoA, not sure if there were sounds, but I saw some spikes going to get one of the secrets :)

Titak
22-07-12, 19:20
No sounds underwater as far as the teethspikes are concerned, as far as I know.
Some objects seem to be hardcoded that way, that no sound is audible when Lara is underwater.

One thing you could try is to make an invisibly textured object in an animating slot, give it the same number of frames as it takes the teethspikes to go up and down and assign the teethspikes sound to that object. Place it underwater and trigger it.
See if the sound is audible then.

DarkHawk
23-07-12, 23:12
How do you re-apply Magenta to a texture to have it become Transparent in game? :confused:

For some reason, a few textures I downloaded to use in my level from past official levels that have transparent parts show up in TBuilder as just black areas and not Magenta ones...so how do I correct this?

bekim
24-07-12, 06:22
How do you re-apply Magenta to a texture to have it become Transparent in game? :confused:

For some reason, a few textures I downloaded to use in my level from past official levels that have transparent parts show up in TBuilder as just black areas and not Magenta ones...so how do I correct this?

there is a button in Tbuilder that indicates the Transparent color of TGA, just click it (in the bottom left of the window) and then pick up the transparent color you want :)

tomb2player
24-07-12, 15:58
I have strange problem, in metasequia i dont have option " Snap to Grid " , in this tutorial ( http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/metadhama2.htm ) this option exist, but not in my software. I tried to download other versions but the same.

disapearing-boy
24-07-12, 16:45
No sounds underwater as far as the teethspikes are concerned, as far as I know.
Some objects seem to be hardcoded that way, that no sound is audible when Lara is underwater.

One thing you could try is to make an invisibly textured object in an animating slot, give it the same number of frames as it takes the teethspikes to go up and down and assign the teethspikes sound to that object. Place it underwater and trigger it.
See if the sound is audible then.

Wouldn't it be easier to play the sound effect using a trigger?;) Just place the trigger for the spikes and the audio flipeffect trigger on the same tile... Unless of course the sound needs to loop...

RardRaider
24-07-12, 19:13
I have strange problem, in metasequia i dont have option " Snap to Grid " , in this tutorial ( http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/metadhama2.htm ) this option exist, but not in my software. I tried to download other versions but the same.

Make sure that Basic Mode is unchecked. It hides lots of useful features :)

tomb2player
24-07-12, 19:33
yes, that was " basic mode " fault :)

Titak
24-07-12, 21:30
Wouldn't it be easier to play the sound effect using a trigger?;) Just place the trigger for the spikes and the audio flipeffect trigger on the same tile... Unless of course the sound needs to loop...Sure, but then the sound would still be audible at the same volume when Lara moves away from the object. :)
And that would be weird.

raiderromero
26-07-12, 04:54
Emm a stupid question hehehe XD....
in metasequoi when i create a face it is showed just in front, if i rotate that face to the opposite side the face disappear, how do i make both faces (front and back) look the same in the same possition.

http://i49.************/1zpr51u.jpg

http://i45.************/9fxvuv.jpg

bekim
26-07-12, 05:52
^ raidermerro go to selected and press 'double face' or 'double material' idk i forgot one of these must be :D

:wve: hello guys long time i havent been in TRLE open chat :)

Id like to know how to make lara in an animating slot :, i really need to know -_-

raiderromero
26-07-12, 15:48
thanks gonna see if works :)

disapearing-boy
26-07-12, 20:12
Sure, but then the sound would still be audible at the same volume when Lara moves away from the object. :)
And that would be weird.

Oh yeah, I forget these things:p

The inventory sprites aren't visible in-game which annoys me cos I just made new ones. I'm using vista and I don't know how to fix this.

TheTiger
26-07-12, 21:11
THOR2010 released a pack with all TRC sound effects a while ago, does anyone still know where this link is? i cannot find it. :o

Symsi
26-07-12, 21:24
Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5601428&postcount=7384)?

God Horus
26-07-12, 21:37
I just started building again after more than a 2.5 year break from editing! :eek: I am very happy with what I have so far, I hope to be able to release it. It is going to be young Lara from the new Tomb Raider game in a classic Egyptian themed level, with Resident Evil styled survival mechanics.

TheTiger
26-07-12, 21:47
Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=5601428&postcount=7384)?

Yes, thankyou! :)

God Horus:
welcome back then. :D

Underhoe
27-07-12, 00:32
Could someone link a site where I can download the old meta, please?

larafan25
27-07-12, 00:41
Could someone link a site where I can download the old meta, please?

http://skribblerz.com/editortools.htm

I believe this site links to the Meta site.

edit: Question...

Why is the top of my horizon obscured by sky graphics and junk?

Underhoe
27-07-12, 00:48
Ah, found it, thanks. In the language select I chose japanese by accident and now I can't change it. .__. Helpplz?

larafan25
27-07-12, 00:49
Ah, found it, thanks. In the language select I chose japanese by accident and now I can't change it. .__. Helpplz?

I think I accidentally did this before with meta.

I think you need to restart it or something. :/

Underhoe
27-07-12, 00:50
I even removed and 'reinstalled' it, but it won't open that window again.

larafan25
27-07-12, 00:53
I even removed and 'reinstalled' it, but it won't open that window again.

I'd delete it and redownload.

Underhoe
27-07-12, 00:56
But that's what I just said. .__.

27-07-12, 01:57
I started my level for HUB competition today, but all the footstep sounds are set to mud. So I went to Texture sounds and changed them all to the desired ones, but I still get the mud footsteps too. I'm probably overlooking something, but can someone tell me what to do?

larafan25
27-07-12, 02:11
I started my level for HUB competition today, but all the footstep sounds are set to mud. So I went to Texture sounds and changed them all to the desired ones, but I still get the mud footsteps too. I'm probably overlooking something, but can someone tell me what to do?

Yeah I've had this problem forever. Lara's feet just make a weird clapping sound. But it hasn't been out of place yet because all of my levels she's been barefoot.

Matie
27-07-12, 06:52

In the first (File) menu, try finding the Configuration option. Here (http://i.imgur.com/Qz8Rh.png)'s an image to help identifying it.
If you found it, a window like this (http://i.imgur.com/HafWr.png) should open, where you can change the language. :)

Underhoe
27-07-12, 11:19
Thank you, it's all sorted out now. :,)

Controfiliburu
27-07-12, 18:59
I was reading oldy thread about level and there was written a feature "automatic grab". How it work? Is it even possible?

Lara Coft Baby
27-07-12, 22:09
I have a question, the reset hub thingy that lets you use more then one outfit in a game. what do i have to type in the script again to make it work? I cant remember.

And does it Reset the outfit and weapons/ammo. Or just the outfit?

Mulf
28-07-12, 00:03
The line is—

ResetHUB= x—where x is the number of the level that Lara is about to enter, and the line has to be placed in the block of information for the level before that. Thus, if you have two levels 1 and 2, you'd write "ResetHUB= 2" in the block for level 1.

You get to keep weapons, ammo, flares and medipacks, but you can't carry over any level-specific pickups (typically, keys and puzzle items) when using that command.

Lara Coft Baby
28-07-12, 00:24
You get to keep weapons, ammo, flares and medipacks, but you can't carry over any level-specific pickups (typically, keys and puzzle items) when using that command.

Ah ok i just wanted to make sure she gets to keep her weapons. Cuz one level she has an outfit with no holsters. Picks up the guns in that level and looks weird with no holsters lol. And i didnt want the player to end up losing the guns when the next level changed with a new outfit. I couldnt remember, been a long time since I'd used it.

Thank you :)

raiderromero
28-07-12, 04:57
Nvm :vlol:

shaki
28-07-12, 17:53
when i set a flyby sequence and i want that a specified camera jump to other the flyby ends abruptly, the first camera has 0,6,10 and the last camera (which wil jump to the other in the same sequence ) has pushed 6 7 10 and in timer the number of the camera 1224, what am i doing wrong?

Mulf
28-07-12, 21:06
Well, for one thing, a number such as 1224 would be the LE number of the camera object, but you're supposed to enter the next number of the sequence, and you're supposed to enter it in the Sequence field. That's why it's called Sequence field. :)

So, in the Seq field you enter a number for each of the cameras in that flyby, including those after the cut cam: 0, 1, 2, etc. (You can skip numbers in order to make it easier to insert an extra cam later, thus: 0, 2, 4, etc., as long as the sequence is clearly defined.)
A cut cam doesn't start a new flyby, instead it is used to cut to a different location within the same flyby. Therefore, it is not necessary to reactivate any buttons that you've already activated on the first cam (such as your 6 and 10) later on. (There is, incidentally, a neat overview of flyby cam settings on page 96 of The Manual.)

Other than that, I've heard people say that it helps to insert a 'dummy cam' to make a cut cam work properly...but if that should be necessary in your case, somebody else would have to elaborate on it.

Titak
28-07-12, 22:09
Hi Mulf! :wve:
Got back home alright? :D

As for the "dummy" camera:
Let's say you want to jump from camera 6 to camera 7 in the sequence.
Now you wouldn't actually do that. Instead you place the 7th camera right after number 6. (As Mulf already said, these are the numbers you enter in the Seq field of the camera's)
Then the camera that you need to jump to will be camera 8 which will be placed in that new spot and the sequence continues from there with camera's 9, 10, and so on untill the end of the sequence.

So in the OCB of camera 6 you enter 8 as next camera.
Camera 7 will act as the "dummy" camera.

I always use a "dummy" camera because it works better for me.
Not sure if this is always needed though. Been using this "dummy" camera trick for ages without checking if I would really need it. :vlol:

Laras Boyfr.
28-07-12, 22:33
I was reading oldy thread about level and there was written a feature "automatic grab". How it work? Is it even possible?

The best way to achieve this is to set up some GlobalTriggers in GT which simulate the pressing of the Action Key in certain situations and disable it in other situations

shaki
29-07-12, 01:43
Well, for one thing, a number such as 1224 would be the LE number of the camera object, but you're supposed to enter the next number of the sequence, and you're supposed to enter it in the Sequence field. That's why it's called Sequence field. :)

So, in the Seq field you enter a number for each of the cameras in that flyby, including those after the cut cam: 0, 1, 2, etc. (You can skip numbers in order to make it easier to insert an extra cam later, thus: 0, 2, 4, etc., as long as the sequence is clearly defined.)
A cut cam doesn't start a new flyby, instead it is used to cut to a different location within the same flyby. Therefore, it is not necessary to reactivate any buttons that you've already activated on the first cam (such as your 6 and 10) later on. (There is, incidentally, a neat overview of flyby cam settings on page 96 of The Manual.)

Other than that, I've heard people say that it helps to insert a 'dummy cam' to make a cut cam work properly...but if that should be necessary in your case, somebody else would have to elaborate on it.

As for the "dummy" camera:
Let's say you want to jump from camera 6 to camera 7 in the sequence.
Now you wouldn't actually do that. Instead you place the 7th camera right after number 6. (As Mulf already said, these are the numbers you enter in the Seq field of the camera's)
Then the camera that you need to jump to will be camera 8 which will be placed in that new spot and the sequence continues from there with camera's 9, 10, and so on untill the end of the sequence.

So in the OCB of camera 6 you enter 8 as next camera.
Camera 7 will act as the "dummy" camera.

I always use a "dummy" camera because it works better for me.
Not sure if this is always needed though. Been using this "dummy" camera trick for ages without checking if I would really need it. :vlol:

Sorry but i understood nothing... you are talking about a sequence, but in the manual it says that in the last camera (from which you want to jump to a specified cam) you set in TIMER field the next camera...
I have 9 cameras from sequence 4... i want to jump to another room(camera) from this last camera, so what do i do, do i set another camera from sequence 4 and its number would be 10? how do i create that dummy camera?

Titak
29-07-12, 10:00
Oaky, if you need to go from 9 the dummy camera will be camera 10 and it needs to be placed close to camera 9.
So this means you need to place an extra camera and make it number 10 in the sequence.
Your current camera 10 will then have to be renumbered to 11.
And in camera 9 you put 11 as next camera.

Mulf
29-07-12, 12:51
And to clarify: Yes, the Manual says indeed that the number of the next camera after the cut cam goes into the Timer field, sorry about the confusion. However, that number still has to be a Sequence number (11 in your case—as Titak says—if you want to use a dummy cam), and not an LE number like 1224.

Also:

Oh yes, thank you. And as you can see, I'm getting back into business as well. :D

FloTheMachine
29-07-12, 12:54
Can anyone link me to TR4 Ankor Wat textures and Young Lara.sounds? :p

THOR2010
29-07-12, 15:15
young lara had the same sounds as adult lara i believe, and the textures can be found here:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html

shaki
29-07-12, 18:52
Oaky, if you need to go from 9 the dummy camera will be camera 10 and it needs to be placed close to camera 9.
So this means you need to place an extra camera and make it number 10 in the sequence.
Your current camera 10 will then have to be renumbered to 11.
And in camera 9 you put 11 as next camera.

i did that but it is not working, what is that dummy ? do i need a flipeffect for that

Titak
29-07-12, 19:30
I explained...
But if it is not clear to you then perhaps someone else should have a go at it since I don't know how else to explain.

No flipeffect needed.
The dummy camera 10 is just another camera in the sequence which is sort of bypassed when the camera jumps from camera 9 to 11. Place it right after camera 9.
Camera 10 will be the dummy. Makes jumps more fluid in my experience.

Have you checked this tutorial (http://www.skribblerz.com/flybycams.htm) yet?
And/or this one (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/flybyfordummies.htm)?
Both have picture which might make it easier for you to understand. :D

Oh yes, thank you. And as you can see, I'm getting back into business as well. :D:tmb:

tombraiderxii
29-07-12, 19:42
I'm having a problem with TBuilder at the moment.

I'm trying to edit the textures for the BtB2011 texture set, but when I load it with TBuilder, this happens...

(click for bigger pic)
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/tombraiderxii/th_tbuilderproble.png (http://s256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/tombraiderxii/?action=view&current=tbuilderproble.png)

Titak
29-07-12, 19:50
Looks like the height of the TGA is too large for TBuilder to handle.
So it should be smaller.
Or use a paintprogram instead.

(I never use TBuilder...)

tombraiderxii
29-07-12, 19:53
I see... are there any other alternatives to Tbuilder. I really only want to fix the scrolling textures, get rid of the arrows and have the texture stretch to the whole 128*128 texture. :o

shaki
29-07-12, 19:55
I explained...
But if it is not clear to you then perhaps someone else should have a go at it since I don't know how else to explain.

No flipeffect needed.
The dummy camera 10 is just another camera in the sequence which is sort of bypassed when the camera jumps from camera 9 to 11. Place it right after camera 9.
Camera 10 will be the dummy. Makes jumps more fluid in my experience.

Have you checked this tutorial (http://www.skribblerz.com/flybycams.htm) yet?
And/or this one (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/tuts2/flybyfordummies.htm)?
Both have picture which might make it easier for you to understand. :D

:tmb:
thanks that helped, the problem was that my first camera was number 1 and not number 0, that was the reason the cameras werent working

Underhoe
30-07-12, 00:46
Which one is the torch animation? ._. I can't find it at all. I'm not even sure how to apply an animation anymore, it's been such a long time...I want to put this into my game http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3939 but I don't know how. Any help?

raiderromero
30-07-12, 01:00
what causes that when lara has a key and she goes to use it in the keyhole when she approaches the door is opening without inserting the key O: and when lara doesnt have the key the door doent open, so its not the trigger

FloTheMachine
30-07-12, 12:04
young lara had the same sounds as adult lara i believe, and the textures can be found here:
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html

Really? I always thought she sounded a bit younger when she vaulted up things and stuff. :p Oh well haha.

raiderromero
30-07-12, 20:30
how do i make a pop image appear on a flyby screen? for if_quit_escape is working but for a pop image isnt

disapearing-boy
30-07-12, 20:59
Which one is the torch animation? ._. I can't find it at all. I'm not even sure how to apply an animation anymore, it's been such a long time...I want to put this into my game http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3939 but I don't know how. Any help?

Lara has a list of 444 animations but that does not include gun or torch animations. The torch animation has a separate slot called Torch_Anim. This is because Lara still needs to run, jump ect... so the torch anim only affects Lara's arm.

You should download the extra sample wads from here
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/media.html

Both the Lost Library and Guardian of Semerket have the torch anim.;)

You'll need wadmerger to copy the torch anim into your level. That one on TRsearch can be added without needing the original TR4 one. Just download the file on TRsearch and copy it into your level with wadmerger.

31-07-12, 00:52

Can someone answer me that?

And does anyone know if they're any columns that rotate around the edges of the square. So you could stick them in the corners?

bekim
31-07-12, 10:43
Guys a have a terrible problem :(

when i edit the map/room in meta , (with the latest version of metasequiota in skribblerz) i lose all textures :confused:
i only see objects :(

HELP....

disapearing-boy
31-07-12, 16:16
Bekim, do you not see the textures in meta? Or do they show in meta but not in-game?

In meta there is a 'show textures' option, click 'View' on the top menu and then click 'show textures'.

If nothing shows, then select show material panel (found in the panel section) and then load the bmp files into meta manually.

If they don't show in game, then I have no idea and cannot help you.:o

raiderromero
31-07-12, 16:26
what causes that when lara has a key and she goes to use it in the keyhole when she approaches the door is opening without inserting the key O: and when lara doesnt have the key the door doent open, so its not the trigger

how do i make a pop image appear on a flyby screen? for if_quit_escape is working but for a pop image isnt

hello can anybody answer these questions?

AkyV
31-07-12, 17:29

Have you tried IF_OVER_FLYBY?

FloTheMachine
31-07-12, 17:41
How do I enable Lara's pigtails?

rtrger
31-07-12, 17:47
You need to script it, put YoungLara=ENABLED to the script.

raiderromero
31-07-12, 18:03
Have you tried IF_OVER_FLYBY?

Image=43,42,IF_POP_IMAGE+IF_OVER_FLYBY+IF_TRANSPAR ENCE,IGNORE,IGNORE,345,50,320,675
is not working why?

FloTheMachine
31-07-12, 18:31
You need to script it, put YoungLara=ENABLED to the script.

Oh that's it? That's fine I knew that thanks. :p

AkyV
31-07-12, 19:54
@raiderromero
Maybe you should activate the image at least a moment sooner than the flyby.
Or try to activate the flyby with an ACTION trigger, so not in the usual way. (Maybe use this ACTION not directly but via the Script, from a triggergroup.)

raiderromero
31-07-12, 20:09
@raiderromero
Maybe you should activate the image at least a moment sooner than the flyby.
Or try to activate the flyby with an ACTION trigger, so not in the usual way. (Maybe use this ACTION not directly but via the Script, from a triggergroup.)

yeah seems that trying to pop an imagen when a flyby has already started is not working S: the only way is before the sequence starts

Edit: even activating it first the pop image appears but when the sequence starts it disappears and i dont understand why because i have IF_FLYBY

Edit: i got it to work but just by setting in the camera 11: Enable lara control , is there a way to make the screen looking like 10:disable lara control after the sequence has started?¿

Titak
31-07-12, 21:29
You could disable all keyboard controls for the duration of the flyby.

Btw, you are using TRNG.
Could you please post your questions in the TRNG section next time?
Much appriciated. :D

raiderromero
31-07-12, 21:33
You could disable all keyboard controls for the duration of the flyby.

Btw, you are using TRNG.
Could you please post your questions in the TRNG section next time?
Much appriciated. :D

yes sorry sometimes im so desperated that i don't know what i do :)

Titak
31-07-12, 22:05
I know the feeling it shouldn't make a difference to you to post in the TRNG section. You will get answers there too. :)

IAnd it keeps this regular section as free of TRNG stuff as possible to avoid confusion. :D
People who use TRLE or TREP and aren't all that familiar with it all yet might think all the TRNG talk is for TRLE or TREP. :)

This goes for all TRNG users actually.
Please post your questions in the TRNG section.
In either the general chat thread there or in a new thread, whichever works better for you. :D

raiderromero
01-08-12, 17:57
im looking for some statics for the switch type one, that one instead of the texture so that i dont have to use a "swtich texture"( i mean the black hole in the middle of it) ¿?¿?¿?¿?¿

Eden95
02-08-12, 17:15
Does anybody know the main causes of title flyby crashes? I mean, the game crashes before it gets to the title flyby (during the loading bar).

I know it's the title that's causes it because I changed it and then this started happening, then I changed it back and it was fine. My script seems exactly the same but with the nessacary changes as my old one, and the wad file has the same name as the one in the script, I made a single camera with OCBs 0, 2, 8, 9, 10 pressed in, and 1800 in the timer field. Sequence number 1 and camera number 1. What could it be? I tried deleting most of the objects in the wad and rooms too... (The title is part of a level I'm building). It's nothing to do with the music I'm using either because I already put it over the title flyby script and it worked fine, before I changed the wad.

Please help, this is really annoying. >.<

laravision
02-08-12, 22:27
Just recently, while playing some of the latest custom levels on my Girlfriends PC, we have ran into some issues with crashes & an AVG threat message when playing Tomb Raider Sanctum (http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2546) by Gabriel Croft on Windows 7.

http://i48.************/wk31us.png

http://i48.************/2rdx94w.png

We have re-downloaded the game & ran setup but it still occasionally crashes when loading a save game. We have encountered these type of detected crash errors before on other games, but never to this extent. And why does AVG detect it as a threat??
Plus The reflection of Eternity (http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2542) by teme9 also crashes frequently, especially on the load game menu. Is there something that can be done to avoid these crashes? Thanks!

raiderromero
02-08-12, 22:36
have you executed them as compatibility with windows xp? it seems that win 7 and xp (specially if the level created from xp and when playin in 7 cause bugs and crashes withot reasons

THOR2010
02-08-12, 22:48
im not sure why AVG see's TRLE things as threats, when i used to use it it would always pop up, yet no other virus programs did it.

raiderromero
02-08-12, 22:58
im not sure why AVG see's TRLE things as threats, when i used to use it it would always pop up, yet no other virus programs did it.

yeah few months ago i had avg and it always pop up with something like "tracking cookie detected and closed" it was happening every 5 minuts and when i really couldnt handle other annoying things (like detecting everything as virus) i happilly unistalled avg and installed avast

skylark1121
03-08-12, 00:43
Is 29 the limit of Extra slots in Wadmerger? Whenever I go passed 29, right after I rename rock9 to Extra30 and copy a new static into the wad, I get this error message. :(

http://oi50.************/4zyvsx.jpg

Then, Wadmerger no longer works, and I have to close it and reopen it. :p
Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it normal?

Boobandie
03-08-12, 04:55
Is 29 the limit of Extra slots in Wadmerger? Whenever I go passed 29, right after I rename rock9 to Extra30 and copy a new static into the wad, I get this error message. :(

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it normal?

Try holding down SHIFT when copying the new object into the wad and selecting EXTRA30 from there.

skylark1121
03-08-12, 05:28
Try holding down SHIFT when copying the new object into the wad and selecting EXTRA30 from there.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Here's the order that I do it in:

--Load static wad

--Rename "rock9" to "Extra30"

--Hold shift while copying the new static into the wad. (this opens up a menu that asks me to assign a new ID to the new static. I choose "rock9"

Nothing happens. :(

tombraiderxii
03-08-12, 05:42
Speaking of WADMerger, I've been having this problem for ages but never got around to asking until now.

Whenever I try to edit the animations, I can rotate the meshes jsut fine, but the moment I try to use the move button (the one with the arrows like + )
the program stops responding and I can't interact with anything and if I try to close the animation section, this comes up
(not from my computer... essentially from the previous posts, but my pc shows the same message)

Any idea how to fix this? :confused:

Titak
03-08-12, 12:46

Does anyone else have this problem? Or is it normal?30 is not the limit.
I've had way more in some of my MoA levels and my Coyote Creek 2 level is up to 44 atm.

Boobandie is right about holding the SHIFT key while copying though.
Something seems to be wrong with the automatic copying when all regular static slots are filled. At some point it starts crashing WADMerger and SHIFT has to be used for copying.

As for Animation Editor:
It's not the "move" feature per definition.
It is usable.
However, in my experience, Animation Editor has to be handled with soft gloves. I've been getting that crash a lot too and it usually happens when trying to use the move feature after using some other features.
Same goes with copying and pasting animations or frames. "Replace" hardly ever works well for me when pasting frames while "insert" hardly ever gives problems.
No idea.

So I always save my wad often while working with Animation Editor.

Eden95
03-08-12, 15:01
Does anybody know the main causes of title flyby crashes? I mean, the game crashes before it gets to the title flyby (during the loading bar).

I know it's the title that's causes it because I changed it and then this started happening, then I changed it back and it was fine. My script seems exactly the same but with the nessacary changes as my old one, and the wad file has the same name as the one in the script, I made a single camera with OCBs 0, 2, 8, 9, 10 pressed in, and 1800 in the timer field. Sequence number 1 and camera number 1. What could it be? I tried deleting most of the objects in the wad and rooms too... (The title is part of a level I'm building). It's nothing to do with the music I'm using either because I already put it over the title flyby script and it worked fine, before I changed the wad.

Any ideas? I've tried everything... :/

skylark1121
03-08-12, 17:36
30 is not the limit.
I've had way more in some of my MoA levels and my Coyote Creek 2 level is up to 44 atm.

Boobandie is right about holding the SHIFT key while copying though.
Something seems to be wrong with the automatic copying when all regular static slots are filled. At some point it starts crashing WADMerger and SHIFT has to be used for copying.

Hmmm... well, I'm still getting the error message even when I hold shift and copy. :(

Maybe it's random. I think I'm just going to start over and see if it does it again when I get back to 30. :)

Edit: For some reason, I'm still getting that error message at Extra30.:/ Here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=6361921&postcount=9720) is the order that I'm doing it in.... As said in the link, nothing happens after the menu comes up and I press copy. Sometimes it crashes when I press copy, and sometimes nothing happens (I am holding shift down). Weird....

Edit2: With the help of larafan, I have solved my problem. :D

tombraiderxii
03-08-12, 22:14
As for Animation Editor:
It's not the "move" feature per definition.
It is usable.
However, in my experience, Animation Editor has to be handled with soft gloves. I've been getting that crash a lot too and it usually happens when trying to use the move feature after using some other features.
Same goes with copying and pasting animations or frames. "Replace" hardly ever works well for me when pasting frames while "insert" hardly ever gives problems.
No idea.

So I always save my wad often while working with Animation Editor.

I just tried using it again without using any other features but even that doesn't seem to work as I got this. :(

When I tried to use the move button, nothing happened so I tried to close and after the "Save changes?" thing these messages popped up. :/
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh172/tombraiderxii/erroranimwadmerger.png

Titak
04-08-12, 13:56
Also make sure you don't have that button pressed that automatically plays the animation when you select it from the list.

No idea what all those messages mean.

Btw, which WADMerger version do you have?

Controfiliburu
04-08-12, 14:01
So dumb question but... :o
I want to make spot light to light on the floor but when I place it it lights on the wall. I forgot how to make it light on the floor I have it light on the floor in other room, lol :D I can` t find it in manual :confused:

Titak
04-08-12, 14:16
Fisrt of all, press the "show light meshes" button.
This will make the lightcone of the spotlight visible when the spotlight is selected.
Click on the X button in the lights section to move the cone up and down.
Use the Y button to move it from side to side.

Controfiliburu
04-08-12, 14:37
Yeah, thank you :hug:

tombraiderxii
04-08-12, 19:28
Also make sure you don't have that button pressed that automatically plays the animation when you select it from the list.

No idea what all those messages mean.

Btw, which WADMerger version do you have?

I don't have that button pressed and I have no idea what the messages mean either.

When I launch WADMerger it says it's 1.98 Beta 3
Was there a newer version?

I also have Visual Basic 6 Runtime

skylark1121
04-08-12, 19:30
I don't have that button pressed and I have no idea what the messages mean either.

Was there a newer version?

This is the version that I have as well, and I've gotten all of those messages before.

Titak
04-08-12, 20:06
Was there a newer version?Same as I have.
No newer version.

Sorry, I really don't know why you are getting all those messages.
WADMerger Animation Editor is a bit sensitive but all the things you've been getting... :confused:

P.Carpet
04-08-12, 20:22
hi, everybody! :wve:
please, I need the help
when Lara departs in the room end these objects start to vanish, how to me it to correct?:confused:
http://i074.radikal.ru/1208/e0/74b7eab2b4be.png
forgive for bad English

tombraiderxii
04-08-12, 20:23
Yeah I don't know what's been going on either. It used to work fine a couple of years ago but all of these messages... I can't animate anymore. :'(

Are there any other free alternatives in order to animate. I've heard that there may be a free version of 3D Studio Max but I don't know if that really is the case and if it would work instead. :/

matrix54
04-08-12, 20:54
please, I need the help
when Lara departs in the room end these objects start to vanish, how to me it to correct?:confused:
forgive for bad English

It's clipping. It means the item is close to the wall for it to render properly from far away. You'd be better of making the texture on the wall do that, rather than the item. No clipping. :D

raiderromero
04-08-12, 20:57
did you insert that with meta2tr? it only happened to me when the object was going through the wall, but moving out the wall a little bit would solve the problem

Titak
04-08-12, 21:20
please, I need the help
forgive for bad EnglishAs the others said above. :D

However, if you are using TRNG you could put WorldFarView= 127 in the [Options] section of the script.
It gets rid of most of that sort of clipping. :D

raiderromero
04-08-12, 21:24
what happened to tenderfoot betatest thread?

Eden95
04-08-12, 21:26
I never understood what Tenderfoot actually is. :p

Can someone breifly explain it to me?

raiderromero
04-08-12, 21:29
well nobody uses it and a password is required ¬¬

Eden95
04-08-12, 21:30
It says it's not used, like the beta test forum, but I'm sure it is, because people use the beta test forum all the time...

raiderromero
04-08-12, 21:33
the betastest thread ask for a password as well i need it i mean how do i use it

Eden95
04-08-12, 21:39
I think you need to ask a mod, then you get a password for your own thread in there, then you give that password to the betatesters so you can all talk in the same thread.

Or, so the legend goes...

tombraiderxii
04-08-12, 21:50
Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to finding programs to animate other than WADMerger? :o

raiderromero
04-08-12, 21:52
Can anyone point me in the right direction in regards to finding programs to animate other than WADMerger? :o

3dstudi max?

tombraiderxii
04-08-12, 22:14
Perhaps I should elaborate... any free alternatives. :p

IIRC don't you have to pay for 3D Studio Max. D:

THOR2010
04-08-12, 23:05
you can get a 30 day trial, but yes you do...

larafan25
05-08-12, 02:41
Can't you register for a student version free?

sapper
05-08-12, 06:37

Read this.

http://treditingzone.yuku.com/topic/891/Make-Animations-for-Tomb-Raider-using-nice-free-tools

Titak
05-08-12, 11:25
what happened to tenderfoot betatest thread?Tenderfoot and Betatest sections are not related. Two different things.

I never understood what Tenderfoot actually is. :p

Can someone breifly explain it to me?The Tenderfoot section was originally setup as a groupproject for newbies who hadn't released a level yet.
The section would give them some more privacy to showcase WIP versions of their levels. This was back in the time when newbies almost got shot for showing early WIP's.
Luckily this behaviour has changed now and newbies can show early WIPs of their work to get feedback and advise. :D

So, Tenderfoot is not used anymore.
The project never really developed since Uvavoo dissappeared on us.
At a later date I revived it a bit by making it a simple more private forum for newbies. No groupproject anymore.
But since the bahaviour towards newbies has changed there's no need for it anymore it seems. :D

the betastest thread ask for a password as well i need it i mean how do i use itSend me a PM and I'll give you the password and some instructions. Nothing complicated.
Do you have some people who are going to test for you?