PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

matrix54
13-05-13, 15:27
How about triggers that send the player back to the menu or back to a certain spot in the level.

Richard Lawther and I used this in the Plain of Jars levels to make the desert look larger than it really was.

Now, it's crashing, for whatever reasons. :pi:

Eden95
13-05-13, 17:50
With the AI_PATROL nullmeshes, is it possible to have the baddy patrolling in a walking motion rather than a running one? Would I have to replace running animations with walking ones and vice versa perhaps? I actually wouldn't be too bothered if this enemy didn't run at all and only walked...

Titak
13-05-13, 18:12
If you don't mind the enemy walking all the time instead of running, then yes, you coudl replace the running animations with the walking ones. :D

sapper
14-05-13, 05:59
Why Animation Wizard always glitches? :(

I'm trying to create a fresh animation out of it, but it always gives subscript out of range error

Have you tried Daro's Animation program? (see Software Development forum)

@DJFull The StrPix at trsearch should be same as latest version available in StrPix thread in software development section.

DJ Full
14-05-13, 11:37
@Sapper, thank You, that second link works.
@Snork, 7-zip succeeds to extract, but the unpacked executable still fails to open for me.

So I switched to importing .MQO-s instead of .DXF-s and I'm observing two weird things:
- the wad is opened properly without any "error reading mesh" command, but the mesh is invisible in Animation Editor, nor is it listed in Meshes window, while StrPix shows it
- when I save a wad under a different name from StrPix, only the .wad file is created, without .sam, .sfx, .was and .swd.

EDIT: EditWad also sees all meshes. WadMerger does not.
EDIT2: Texturing the second mesh differently from the first one doesn't help. All meshes are different, there is no duplicate.

Niveus
14-05-13, 11:57
I switched to importing .MQO-s instead of .DXF-s and I'm observing two weird things:
- the wad is opened properly without any "error reading mesh" command, but the mesh is invisible in Animation Editor, nor is it listed in Meshes window, while StrPix shows it
- when I save a wad under a different name from StrPix, only the .wad file is created, without .sam, .sfx, .was and .swd.

That second thing is a pain in the ass thing that StrPix always did. I guess it's handy for making different versions of outfits, thou'.

Did you go into the mesh tree editor and the drop down box, for the -first- (not second, I'm stupid) thing? :) You've got to select the mesh from that drop down then press add. Sorry if you already did it.

DJ Full
14-05-13, 12:33
Did you go into the mesh tree editor and the drop down box, for the second thing? :)No! :D Of course not! I got so stuck in importing that I forgot about the second part. I thought You mean it WILL appear in the wad and THEN I'm supposed to attach it. I had no idea it's supposed NOT to appear UNTIL it's assigned! Thank You for clarifying, it's visible now.

Works, hahaha!

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/9222/coga.jpg

Niveus
14-05-13, 13:30
It's okay, I know the feeling all too well.

Mesh trees are so frustrating. It's so damn satisfying when something goes right with it, that every time I get one working well I feel like I need a well deserved week away from TRLE. :p

But I'm glad you got it working well. It's looking good too, btw.

EDIT And never trust a Niveus on their firsts and seconds, lefts and rights, ups and downs, because they always get them wrong.

sapper
14-05-13, 13:52
No! :D Of course not! I got so stuck in importing that I forgot about the second part. I thought You mean it WILL appear in the wad and THEN I'm supposed to attach it. I had no idea it's supposed NOT to appear UNTIL it's assigned! Thank You for clarifying, it's visible now.

Works, hahaha!

Did you look at my tutorials included with my Meshtree editor?
They also include tips for wadmerger's meshtree editor to make it less buggy.

DJ Full
14-05-13, 13:59
Did you look at my tutorialsReading them now.
on their firsts and seconds, lefts and rights, ups and downsEerr... hm... WAT? :D

Anyway, I apparently forgot I can only rotate the non-central mesh without moving it, so I eventually had to split the object in 4 different ones:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/9338/cogd.jpg

But I still was able to set a meshtree for those 3 cogs sharing a common center of rotation.

sapper
14-05-13, 14:38
Bizarrely, even after downloading this ''J2RE 1.4.1'' screamer still won't run, it opens the black batch file window and then closes... :(

I've recently been using Screamer so may be able to help. Note it runs on my PC with version 1.7... of the Java Runtime.

If you have a run box on the start menu, select it and type cmd in the "Open" box and then press enter.

This should open up the black batch window (aka DOS or console window).

Navigate in the console window to your Screamer folder.

To change drives type E: for example and press enter.

To change directories (folders) type cd foldername and press enter.

If you have spaces in the folder name enclose it in "quotes".

Once in your Screamer folder type java Screamer and press enter.
Note the capital S.

Instead of the console window closing you should now see the error message from java.

What does it say?

EDIT: Actually I just read the manual. You might be able to fix your error easier as described in it.

The1andOnlyTR
17-05-13, 05:20
Would custom TR levels work on OUYA?

God Horus
17-05-13, 05:46
^ Of course not.

It's been well established over the years that custom levels only work on Windows. Ouya does not run Windows. Therefore, custom levels will not work on Ouya.

Tombraider95
17-05-13, 18:54
I have kinda felt funny about level editing recently. I have been doing the 20x20x20 challenge a while ago and everything was going more or less perfect, yet when some problems started happening (1 or 2 are still current) I got really frustrated and decided that I didn't want to level build anymore and that this one would be my last, but then I managed to fix some of the errors and I feel differently about it sometimes.

I hate trial and error with problems that should work but don't, but the idea of starting a project always gets me excited. I just hate it when things go wrong and don't seem to wanna fix. Hats off to the builders who manage to avoid this nearly all the time.

Only 1/10 tries my projects actually get finished or please me as I find it hard to create what I want as I would have a great idea but when building it just looks crap. That's why I like to stick to these small ideas of Mini Adventures because it's near enough the only thing I can cope with without smashing my computer.

I just wish I could build something slightly bigger and be pleased with it. hmmm

God Horus
17-05-13, 19:18
^ To be honest, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I always build really small levels and never any really big ones because it can sometimes just get so overwhelming and frustrating.

GeckoKid
17-05-13, 19:26
Got so much to do at work it just sucks out all my passion to do anything creative outside work...

ggctuk
17-05-13, 19:27
I have kinda felt funny about level editing recently. I have been doing the 20x20x20 challenge a while ago and everything was going more or less perfect, yet when some problems started happening (1 or 2 are still current) I got really frustrated and decided that I didn't want to level build anymore and that this one would be my last, but then I managed to fix some of the errors and I feel differently about it sometimes.

I hate trial and error with problems that should work but don't, but the idea of starting a project always gets me excited. I just hate it when things go wrong and don't seem to wanna fix. Hats off to the builders who manage to avoid this nearly all the time.

Only 1/10 tries my projects actually get finished or please me as I find it hard to create what I want as I would have a great idea but when building it just looks crap. That's why I like to stick to these small ideas of Mini Adventures because it's near enough the only thing I can cope with without smashing my computer.

I just wish I could build something slightly bigger and be pleased with it. hmmm

I suffer from the same problems. This is what killed Remnants: I had a solid plan but it just wasn't turning out how I wanted it to turn out.

Niveus
17-05-13, 19:47
I wish you all many hours of inspiration! :hug: If only it were that easy. But I have played levels made by all four of you, and I enjoyed myself and didn't regret downloading them whatsoever. You all have a lot of talent. It's just learning how to harness it without getting burnt out. :)

Tombraider95
17-05-13, 20:39
I suffer from the same problems. This is what killed Remnants: I had a solid plan but it just wasn't turning out how I wanted it to turn out.

ah yeah. When I first started and was near enough on my own I thought everything I made was amazing since the idea of making my own TR game was amazing itself. Now I have seen other peoples projects it's a lot harder.

Eden95
19-05-13, 14:55
Does anybody know the cause of this crash?

I made some minor changes to my level, one of them was adding in a certain sound file but I've done that before and the outcome has been fine, so I doubt that is the reason.

Basically, whenever I press escape in game, the .exe closes completely, then when I try it again (clicking on tomb4.exe and opening my level) it doesn't load all the way and crashes. It was working fine earlier, what could be causing this? :S

EDIT: Nevermind, it randomly fixed after some more changes...

Xopax
19-05-13, 19:16
I am having a problem with Strpix
I have a head mesh that is 1014 vertices, strpix says that it have too many vertices it's not 2000 the vertice limit? :confused:

raiderromero
19-05-13, 19:19
I am having a problem with Strpix
I have a head mesh that is 1014 vertices, strpix says that it have too many vertices it's not 2000 the vertice limit? :confused:

no the limit is 1500 vertices and 1500 polys check out the polys they should be above 1500 if you say you have 1014 vertices

Xopax
19-05-13, 19:27
Yes it have too many poligons now what i am gonna do :(
i used the reduce poligons option but it delete parts of the mesh

Titak
19-05-13, 19:39
That's very much for just a head mesh anyway...
To reduce the amount it is best to do it manually, either by joining vertices or deleting faces and creating new ones.

raiderromero
19-05-13, 19:40
the technique i use when i download a high poly object from internet is to take this object and split in saveral meshes ( select join face) and reduce every mesh without messing everything up and then put all meshes together to save, if is still big you will need to split the object in several parts in strpix.

Richard_trle
20-05-13, 01:03
Well I'm currently creating my own Lara's outfit, but the question is, the vertex for joint parts must remain the same? For example, Lara's Torso has six vertex in its lower part, the same applies for Skin Joint abdomen's part in its upper part, if I modify this, how can I remap it? What about the hair, it has four vertex joint points, can I add more or this is hard coded and most remain four?

Titak
20-05-13, 09:38
A hole where a joint has to connect to can have a maximum of 11 vertices.

The number of vertices on the hair connections can't be changed as far as I know.

A guide to remapping (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=132749)

lance6439
20-05-13, 13:10
any TRLE games based off the new TR or uses the TR2013 model? :)

Titak
20-05-13, 13:29
I don't think anyone has made a "remake" of any TR2013 levels (yet).
People have been using the new TR outfit because I've seen screens of it but I don't know of any finished levels.
I'm sure there are some finished levels using this outfit though. It's just that I don't play many levels...

rtrger
20-05-13, 13:46
lance6439: http://trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2623

egypt_gypsie
21-05-13, 02:09
Would anyone be interested in some grass transition textures I made for the orange and black TR1 egypt sand textures?

A small screen of them:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/egypt_gypsie/Untitled-15_zpsc71ff701.png (http://s489.photobucket.com/user/egypt_gypsie/media/Untitled-15_zpsc71ff701.png.html)

DJ Full
22-05-13, 14:27
Nice thing. There are some bushes growing directly on the sand exactly like that, so it might fit into some projects. Useful, I would say.

Hey people,
I've just copied WadMerger on my pendrive, to animate something on a different PC. For some time, it all worked normally - I opened a wad and made a whole animation. Then I saved the wad and quit. But when relaunching the program, I got THIS:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/853/readswitch.jpg

Anyone knows what went wrong? Thank You in advance.

EDIT: Never mind, SOLVED. First time I opened a full catalogue, second one a folder with two files missing: switches and TR4Objects.

Xopax
22-05-13, 18:12
Just a little and simple question...:)
Does the sound quality option on TRLE menu really works? i never noticed a difference

Titak
22-05-13, 20:35
Which sound quality option? :confused:

Niveus
22-05-13, 20:41
Which sound quality option? :confused:

At the main menu, when you select Options, there's an option for sound quality. It's default is High. I never noticed a difference, either. Although on my PlayStation I did, but it used to change of its own accord.

Mytly
22-05-13, 20:42
In the Options, you can change the sound quality to 'Low', 'Medium' or 'High'. I've never noticed any difference among the options.

snork
22-05-13, 20:44
in-game options, I guess.

You can choose audio : Low / medium / high.

And I have no idea, I only ever had it on Low when I canceled a setup.

But as that will also delete my gamepad settings, I tend to notice this immediately and then change it back to high.

Maybe it is back from times with really crappy audio cards in PCs, that those needed "Low" or "Medium" settings ? :confused:

edit - lol, 3rd one already. :D

Niveus
22-05-13, 20:45
Oh wow, look at how we all jumped on Titak :vlol: Sorry! :p

Titak
22-05-13, 21:21
At the main menu, when you select Options, there's an option for sound quality. It's default is High. I never noticed a difference, either. Although on my PlayStation I did, but it used to change of its own accord.Oh, ingame.
TRLE means the roomeditor to me, not ingame.
That's why it confused me.

I have to admit I've never tried that option since I want it to be high anyway. :vlol:

DJ Full
22-05-13, 22:11
Never noticed any difference. Gotta launch audacity and record the main theme three times respectively on low, medium and high, to compare the audio peaks.

Xopax
23-05-13, 00:27
i always put it on high because if it really change something it's better to change for better :p

THOR2010
26-05-13, 21:05
was looking at some tr1 textures today and noticed this...
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/2757/002vo.png
is it just me or does the one on the right look like lara!

Symsi
26-05-13, 21:13
That's totally Lara! :D Those are from the Gold levels, they also have a winking sphinx face, and smilies packed away in hieroglyphs.

matrix54
26-05-13, 22:26
^^ :vlol:

TRLE fish are just the cutest little things. :p

DJ Full
27-05-13, 15:11
Hey hey :) Is there any classic, non-NG way to trigger something with switches pulled in a specified order?

Niveus
27-05-13, 15:28
^I guess you could make use of the Trigger Triggerer. But I haven't used that in eons, so maybe not.

DJ Full
27-05-13, 16:58
Ah, THAT... I didn't touch it for ages either. Apparently, after constantly washing my brain with dozens of NG_script pages, I often find myself unable to recall such classic yet brilliant setups. It helped, thank You :)

Mytly
27-05-13, 18:48
Hey hey :) Is there any classic, non-NG way to trigger something with switches pulled in a specified order?
You can also try the rollingball trick. You'll need multiple rollingballs, of course, and it won't be reset-able, but it can be done. In theory at least. I had planned such a puzzle for my 'Lost City of Varaldun', and even worked out how it should be done. But the damn rollingballs wouldn't cooperate, and I ran out of triggers and patience, so I scrapped it, and built a different puzzle instead.

DJ Full
27-05-13, 22:36
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, I already have 18 rollingballs in this level and I have enough looking at them. But I tried killing the door, and You know what? The door disappears, collision remains :D:D:D LoL ridiculous. So I'll most likely follow the ANIMATINGX scenario.

larafan25
28-05-13, 02:13
Opening the editor...that was freshly downloaded, yet somehow holds memories of my past endeavors, Lara is limping and holding her side:

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg295/randomperson_2008/aaaah_zpsbeecb728.png (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/randomperson_2008/media/aaaah_zpsbeecb728.png.html)

The hair with this outfit is perfect. I'm 99% sure it's the one!

Niveus
28-05-13, 03:16
I love the hair too, it's so chunky. It gives the impression her hair is really loose. Really how I would imagine TR1 Lara's hair to look like in game. Did you make it? :)

Limping animation looks good too... well done. Would be nice to see in motion. in fact, it's given me an idea for a way to implement a "wounded Lara" mode which I hadn't thought of before :whi: *goes to fiddle with TRNG*

larafan25
28-05-13, 03:43
I just removed the animation. ._.

But it was for a TR4 seuqle project, in which you would limp out of your tomb entrapment.

And no, I didn't make the outfit. Thor did. :D

matrix54
28-05-13, 03:49
You could have released it. Someone could have worked on it more, as a base.

Which is probably why I should release that lantern I made a long time ago...

larafan25
28-05-13, 04:02
It was just all her basic moves done, but with her arm held up to her stomach. But yeah, I could have. It would have been something worth having. I might still have it. IDK.

Actually, it might be on my memory stick. hmmmm

matrix54
28-05-13, 04:17
If it's not, don't worry about it too much. I made a similar animation but threw it away, but it was fairly easy to make. :vlol

rJoaZtPiVfA

Hey, there's that lantern. :whi:

larafan25
28-05-13, 04:41
omg, I love that, and the place is so creepy, AND THE LANTERN! D:

K, here is a video of it, I found the wad on my memory stick:

30MuI6kHeA4

The transitions between stopping and going are bad though.

DJ Full
28-05-13, 08:49
Hey, there's that lantern.If You're with TRNG, You could apply the AddEffect= command to bring a flame into the lantern case :)

Hey hey :) Is there any classic, non-NG way to trigger something with switches pulled in a specified order?^I guess you could make use of the Trigger Triggerer. But I haven't used that in eons, so maybe not.This now appears working in correct order, however if I pull the switches in wrong order, they won't go back upwards and one has to reload from before the puzzle. This is not good.

And could someone please tell me: does the flipmap limit range from 1 to 7 or from 0 to 7?

Lwmte
28-05-13, 09:20
Just a little and simple question...:)
Does the sound quality option on TRLE menu really works? i never noticed a difference

It is dependent on your OS and/or audio driver. I remember that this option really affected sound quality on my old PC with Windows 98 / Aureal Vortex 2 soundcard, but my recent PC with Win7 / Xonar makes no difference between low/medium/high. So most likely, if your PC is relatively new, it won't make any difference.

aidanmalone
29-05-13, 21:11
Does anybody know where I can find the TR Chronicles weapon sounds? Ive looked around and I can't find them, unless I've overlooked them :o Thank you in advance :)

Niveus
29-05-13, 22:10
I've got to ask, because this bugs me more with every new object I make.

Is there any way I can get the grid in Meta to fit exactly to the LE grid? I've always used the number 52, for the interval, but this isn't 100% perfect and I have to fiddle with the size until I'm happy with it. :confused:

EDIT: Forum effect. :rolleyes: But I still am not happy... I guess I'll just stick to my fiddling sizes. Sometimes, my standards really annoy me. :o

Symsi
29-05-13, 22:55
~ Sorry

Niveus
30-05-13, 00:08
^I caught what you wrote there, and I went to play around with Meta and see how it works, and it's much better than what I was doing before. I feel silly, now. Thank you. :o

A_De
30-05-13, 09:28
Is it safe to place switches without triggers? I just want use some of them as an invisible switches (switch type 1 - the classic lever) that make Lara play custom animation

Uzi master
30-05-13, 14:36
It's safe but if there's no trigger she'll only use the switch once.

A_De
30-05-13, 15:59
^ thank you. So these switches will work exactly as they supposed to, great!

Any idea how to get rid of this? I don't want to set fixed camera here

http://cs419322.vk.me/v419322599/48de/XwnlA4Fcyk0.jpg

matrix54
07-06-13, 21:28
Get rid of what? If you mean the effect caused by the texture, what's 100% normal. Not a bug.

A_De
08-06-13, 08:20
If you mean the effect caused by the texture, what's 100% normal. Not a bug.
It looks ugly anyway :(
Well, may be this texture effect will be less noticeable after adding lightning

LadyCupcake
08-06-13, 11:43
Does anybody know how I can make the sky fade into black where the horizon starts?

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4784/javav.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/javav.png/)

Mytly
09-06-13, 17:19
Use the black horizon from the City of the Dead level (included in the TRLE package), and make sure you have the Horizon = Enabled line in your script.

boyGenius72
09-06-13, 19:42
Has anyone else played both the playstation and pc versions of tomb raider and realized that on the pc theres a sort of smoothing/antialiasing on the textures where there isnt on the console? I was wondering if theres any way to disable that and make the pc version look like the console version

Edit: It appears as though unchecking "Bilinear Filtering" in the setup does this. Not sure if its the same though.

TheTiger
09-06-13, 19:43
Has anyone else played both the playstation and pc versions of tomb raider and realized that on the pc theres a sort of smoothing/antialiasing on the textures where there isnt on the console? I was wondering if theres any way to disable that and make the pc version look like the console version

Try turning 'Bilinear filter' off. :D
the textures will look more pixely and grainy like the older games that way.

boyGenius72
09-06-13, 19:51
Thank you:) I think its what I'm looking for.

aidanmalone
10-06-13, 18:12
Does anybody know where I can find the TR Chronicles weapon sounds? Ive looked around and I can't find them, unless I've overlooked them :o Thank you in advance :)

Sorry for the small bump :o

SrDanielPonces
14-06-13, 13:35

A_De
16-06-13, 05:47
Is everything okay with using negative timer value in the last flyby camera of sequence in a title level? It works the way I want as the flyby stops at last camera, but the editor automaticly changes the value to a positive and pretty large one, and this confuses me.

Flame
16-06-13, 14:06
Has anybody ever had a problem with viewing the Level Editor in Windows XP? For some reason I can't see the whole program, even if I make it full screen. The lighting section, flip palette etc can't be accessed because it doesn't seem to fit! Anyone had this problem? I've tried changing my laptops resolution but not had any luck! :o

klona
16-06-13, 16:37
Hello Everyone.
Does anyone know how to make the BOX block button function properly?
It is supposed to not let enemies be able to walk on it, but they still can.
How can I fix this?

Has anybody ever had a problem with viewing the Level Editor in Windows XP? For some reason I can't see the whole program, even if I make it full screen. The lighting section, flip palette etc can't be accessed because it doesn't seem to fit! Anyone had this problem? I've tried changing my laptops resolution but not had any luck! :o

I think the resolution has to be 1024x1024 to fit... I am not sure.
Tell me what is the maximum resolution your laptop can put. :)

Titak
16-06-13, 21:18
The resolution of the monitor has to be set to at least 1024x768.

Caesum
16-06-13, 23:34
Do you know any tutorials about how to make and use waterfall objects? While I've fount the solution for the annoying picking other objects' textures problem there's still a problem with the way the waterfall texture moves. It moves like to a half of the object, then it resets and start moving again.

klona
18-06-13, 05:24
Is it possible to prevent enemies from leaving certain rooms? :(

Uzi master
18-06-13, 06:27
Is it possible to prevent enemies from leaving certain rooms? :(

Have you tried boxes?

A_De
18-06-13, 09:24
^ he says the boxes don't work.
@klona: the boxes can't stop the flying enemies, but the illegal slopes can.

klona
18-06-13, 10:25
I want to stop Mummies from going past a certain point.

Titak
18-06-13, 15:53
^
Do mummies cross BRIDGE_*** objects?
Or 2-click slopes?
Worth a try. :D

Do you know any tutorials about how to make and use waterfall objects? While I've fount the solution for the annoying picking other objects' textures problem there's still a problem with the way the waterfall texture moves. It moves like to a half of the object, then it resets and start moving again.Perhaps this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=168574) might help? :)

Caesum
18-06-13, 15:59
Oh I've seen it before. Anyway, it doesn't matter now - it was the problem with my texture being not really seamless, even though it looked like that in photoshop. :vlol:

Still, thank you! :hug:

klona
18-06-13, 16:02
^
Do mummies cross BRIDGE_*** objects?
Or 2-click slopes?

The Bridge Flat objects?
How do I use them so the mummies can't pass?

The way the level is designed won't allow two clicks. :(

Titak
18-06-13, 16:18
Set up a BRIDGE_FLAT like you usually do and test if mummies will cross them.
If they don't, then they could be used to prevent them from going beyond that certain point. :D

I know skeletons have restrictions like this because the mummy in the final MoA level was first triggered in another room but then I discovered that it wouldn't follow Lara to the central room because of the 2-click slopes.
So perhaps mummies have similar restrictions. :D

Dino14
18-06-13, 17:00
^ I tested that and it seems that BRIDGE_FLAT doesn't stop mummies.

I have a idea but I need that mummy activates some triggers. I just can't find any way how to make mummy activate triggers.

Titak
18-06-13, 20:07
Do AI objects work on mummies?
If so, then you could try those.
Enemies can heavy-trigger stuff on tiles where an AI object is placed.

TRNG allows for other options.
But you are not using TRNG?

klona
18-06-13, 20:13
Do AI objects work on mummies?
If so, then you could try those.
Enemies can heavy-trigger stuff on tiles where an AI object is placed.

TRNG allows for other options.
But you are not using TRNG?

Yes, I use TRNG.

Dino has figured something out and now we're trying it.
If you know another way, please do tell us. :)

:}hello friend
18-06-13, 21:18
Is there anywhere I can download TR4 project files? Preferably Burial Chambers.

:}hello friend
19-06-13, 17:56
[bu-bump] I've checked TRsearch but I've found TR2 project files.

Dino14
19-06-13, 18:01
^ I tested that and it seems that BRIDGE_FLAT doesn't stop mummies.

Mummies can't go over trapdoor so I think that they can't go over BRIDGE_FLATS too. I think that I tested it wrong...

DJ Full
21-06-13, 01:44
I'm experiencing huge problems with WadMerger. It reads objects normally, until I select the animating, when the fan speed increases to maximum and the program starts to seriously hang. Entered the Animation Editor, I get refresh rate of 1 frame per 4,5 seconds. I didn't modify anything on the computer. I only upgraded to SSD, in theory faster.

zizo alaa
21-06-13, 04:40
hi people .. why when i use command addeffect= with add_mist on lara with joint_abdomen
.. the ball appear in her foot's level ?? the command is like that : addeffect= 12,ADD_mist,FADD_continue_emit,7+3+10+2+9+1,0,0,0, ignore,ignore,0.5,ignore,mist_col_blue
and .. is it hard to make a patch for flep ?? i want to learn how :D .. sorry if i posted this in wrong thread .. i think to make a new thread for that simple question would be bad idea :S

Dustie
21-06-13, 10:04
Is there anywhere I can download TR4 project files? Preferably Burial Chambers.

I don't think there are any official versions of them available (as in, the actual files made by Core), you can only rip compiled TR4 files into PRJ files.

Titak
21-06-13, 16:20
hi people .. why when i use command addeffect= with add_mist on lara with joint_abdomen
.. the ball appear in her foot's level ?? the command is like that : addeffect= 12,ADD_mist,FADD_continue_emit,7+3+10+2+9+1,0,0,0, ignore,ignore,0.5,ignore,mist_col_blue
and .. is it hard to make a patch for flep ?? i want to learn how :D .. sorry if i posted this in wrong thread .. i think to make a new thread for that simple question would be bad idea :SWrong thread indeed since this is the TRLE thread.
Better post in the thread in the TRNG section. :D

zizo alaa
21-06-13, 20:16
thank you titak :D

benjamin_2010
22-06-13, 00:07
I have a problem with a mesh that I would like to know if I can resolve.

I added a pair of sunglasses to a face mesh (from a different face mesh) and imported it using EditWad. Unfortunately, Lara's neck is screwed up as if the joints aren't remapped correctly. I checked it to the original mesh and everything is correct.

Why would the sunglasses mess up Lara's neck? Maybe part of them went into her head mesh, would this cause a problem?

I had a similar issue with changing Lara's backpack. The new one actually crashed tom2pc..

sapper
22-06-13, 11:05
Adding sunglasses can mess up the remapping.

You have added vertices to the head mesh and this can alter what the allowable remap values can be.

Same deal with adding a backpack to the chest mesh.

Editwad will show the highest index a remapped vertex can have in the lower left corner of the head mesh+sunglasses.

See my tutorial here.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=132749

DJ Full
23-06-13, 13:34
I'm experiencing huge problems with WadMerger. It reads objects normally, until I select the animating, when the fan speed increases to maximum and the program starts to seriously hang. Entered the Animation Editor, I get refresh rate of 1 frame per 4,5 seconds. I didn't modify anything on the computer.I only wanted to say this is SOLVED. I tried it on both USB and SSD drives, and the result is always the same: WadMerger apparently can't be run on a FullHD monitor, at least in my case, which is Acer V243HQ. Everytime when I switch to native laptop screen, it works like a rocket. It's ridiculous, but it's true.

Tricell
23-06-13, 16:27
Hey :wve:
Im having a problem with a new level i started :confused:.
The levels been weird like it will work sometimes and then it wont. Now it wont load at all. I tried deleting all the objects in the room even and its not working. It loads all the way then right at the end just stops loading and crashes to the desktop with no error message :s. I thought maybe its my outfit so i even tried changing the outfit and it didnt help.

DJ Full
23-06-13, 17:33
- Does the title load? If yes:
- What does the tom2PC say about the sprite remap value? How large?
- Have You moved the wad folder? Is the font.pc still in the same location as the wad files?
- Have You added any background audio (possibly of not supporting format)?
- Have You recently changed the script or english.txt?
- Have You copied/pasted room geometry from a room containing vertical portal(s)?
- And finally: is Lara ingame? Sometimes it happens she gets accidentally deleted.

Tricell
23-06-13, 17:59
- Does the title load? If yes:
- What does the tom2PC say about the sprite remap value? How large?
- Have You moved the wad folder? Is the font.pc still in the same location as the wad files?
- Have You added any background audio (possibly of not supporting format)?
- Have You recently changed the script or english.txt?
- Have You copied/pasted room geometry from a room containing vertical portal(s)?
- And finally: is Lara ingame? Sometimes it happens she gets accidentally deleted.

Yes Title loads
Tom2PC says - Done Sprite Remap (46)
No background music
Havent changed the script yet
No i have not copied pasted rooms
Yes shes ingame i even deleted her and replaced her to make sure she was properly placed.
:confused:
All my other levels work fine...
EDIT: I Literally changed nothing all i did was directly open Tom2PC and rebuilt the level and it works fine again :confused: This is so confusing.

sapper
24-06-13, 04:01
I only wanted to say this is SOLVED. I tried it on both USB and SSD drives, and the result is always the same: WadMerger apparently can't be run on a FullHD monitor, at least in my case, which is Acer V243HQ. Everytime when I switch to native laptop screen, it works like a rocket. It's ridiculous, but it's true.

My guess is it is something to do with OpenGL rendering.

DJ Full
24-06-13, 08:20
I Literally changed nothing all i did was directly open Tom2PC and rebuilt the level and it works fine again :confused: If automatic conversion failed while manual worked, it sounds like if the program has remembered some earlier settings. Have You backed up/moved/renamed the folder?

@Sapper,
OpenGL? Sorry, but I don't understand what that means and how it can be fixed :o
But You might be right - WadMerger doesn't hang anymore... but now StrPix does :D

EDIT: The error has returned, both in WadMerger and StrPix, regardless from monitor used. I have no idea why switching to native one helped before (because it really did). Anyway, as I lost any trace I could have had, I decided to take on a blind man's shot - I resetted the nVidia control panel - and the problem again appears to be SOLVED. I can build :confused::confused::confused:

Tombraider95
24-06-13, 16:57
I want to retexture the small medipack with the textures on the Large Medipack. How do I do this in Strpix? I have opened the wad yet not sure how to start o_0

Tricell
24-06-13, 17:05
I want to retexture the small medipack with the textures on the Large Medipack. How do I do this in Strpix? I have opened the wad yet not sure how to start o_0

To make it easier i would put both medi's in a wad together. Just them. Then open said wad in Strpix. Select Mesh 0 (as this is probably your small medi if its just the 2 in the wad, If not find your medi in the mesh list) And start retexturing.

Tombraider95
24-06-13, 17:25
To make it easier i would put both medi's in a wad together. Just them. Then open said wad in Strpix. Select Mesh 0 (as this is probably your small medi if its just the 2 in the wad, If not find your medi in the mesh list) And start retexturing.

Thanks that worked, yet the textures are too big for the small medipack. is there a way to select only part of a texture?

Tricell
24-06-13, 17:27
If your using the Newer Strpix (cant remember which version) You can hold down Shift and the cursur turns into a + symbol then you can select parts of a texture.

While im here i have a question, is there a way to simulate police siren lights?

Tombraider95
24-06-13, 17:45
Thanks =D

Dino14
25-06-13, 16:43
Is it possible to break shatter by trigger or boat? And is there some way to blow up the boat?

lance6439
25-06-13, 16:54
is there a way to use fly cheats in TRLE games? :D

croftyboy
25-06-13, 16:59
is there a way to use fly cheats in TRLE games? :D

Not working all becouse there's a way to dısable it but try type DOZY in game,it may not work but some levels it works. It works generally amateur levels.

lance6439
25-06-13, 17:21
It worked ;)

thanks! :D

Titak
25-06-13, 18:47
Is it possible to break shatter by trigger or boat? And is there some way to blow up the boat?By trigger only if you are using TRNG. There are triggers for Statics in the TRNG triggers list. :D
Not sure about the boat.

Tricell
27-06-13, 13:07
I would imagine with trng it would be quite possible with a boat. But that's abit beyond me at this point in time.

AkyV
27-06-13, 17:01
About the shatter:
Since TRNG 1.2.2.6 the bike and the jeep have a collision with other objects. If you have a bike then you can customize it with CUST_BIKE_VS_ENEMIES. (It means only the collision of the bike was intended in 1.2.2.6, the collision of the jeep was a "lucky accident" in that.)
But Paolone have not started working on the collision of boats or the kayak with other objects.

However, you can use a trick: place a Static (any Static, not only a SHATTER!) close to the water surface, as if the object were floating there. Place an F160 HEAVY trigger below the Static on the pool floor. When Lara, driving the boat, reaches above the HEAVY on the water surface, then the HEAVY will break the Static, as if the boat did that.

The boat cannot be blown up for the time being.

Dino14
27-06-13, 17:26
Thanks Titak and AkyV! I got it work really well! :)

Raider99
27-06-13, 21:05
Is there some way I can delay lighting conductor after picking item? I want it fatal, so it can kill Lara, but if you put it right after picking item, it can kill you, sometimes not? I used -2 in PICKUP trigger timer, but it looks weird somehow when song plays, also earthquake..

AkyV
28-06-13, 10:32
Lightning Conductor with OCB=1 is always fatal. But, yes there are always some delay between L.C. activations, even without PICKUP or any timer, even before the very first lightning. - So your setup worked perfectly for me. I didn't encounter that earthquake thing.
With TRNG, you may try flame emitter3 with OCB=888 as the SOURCE of the lightning, instead of L.C. Now the emitter will be started exactly when the negative timer expires.

Raider99
28-06-13, 11:04
^ Actually, yes, that works, but I was about is there some way to delay only Lighting_conductor after picking item? It has its delays, but It can start in bad time sometimes... Like, when you pick item, it can start right that moment and kill Lara, or not, it can start after few second.

EDIT: I have another question. I added skeleton object from Cleopatra's Palace wad, but when they're activated in game, when they rise from the ground, instead of dust, Lara's butt object shows? Something missing for sure, but I can't find out what?

AkyV
28-06-13, 11:19
That delay is random and cannot be removed. As I said, maybe you could try flame emitter3 electric arch with that new OCB.
Or, with L.C. you can customize the delay - but it works only with variables now:

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle3/akhiddentriggers7.htm
See Chapter 1.40.1

I don't know that Lara butt thing.

Matie
28-06-13, 12:07
Has anyone tried to install the TRLE on Windows 8 (64 bit)? When I try to run the installer in compatibility mode and select the destination folder, I'm clicking the Install button in vain, it doesn't do anything. Same with Cancel or Back. It just doesn't react and freezes.
TRLE really does hate me. :/

croftyboy
28-06-13, 12:25
Has anyone tried to install the TRLE on Windows 8 (64 bit)? When I try to run the installer in compatibility mode and select the destination folder, I'm clicking the Install button in vain, it doesn't do anything. Same with Cancel or Back. It just doesn't react and freezes.

Make compatibility "Windows98(Me)".It must work.

Titak
28-06-13, 12:41
No issues at my end here.
My laptop keeps going on about setting the compatibility mode (It seems to forget each time? :confused:) but other than that it runs fine.

Matie
28-06-13, 13:33
Oh, I let it install TRLE in the Program Files folder and that worked. It just didn't let me put it in the Documents folder. -.-"
Thanks anyway! :)

klona
29-06-13, 10:12
^ Check if the other LE programs work on W8 as well. (WADMerger, Strpix)

Windows 8 must die. :/

Ha. :p

Caesum
29-06-13, 10:19
To be honest I think our little buggy TRLE tools will die first. :p

DJ Full
29-06-13, 11:08
[Imagines WadMerger written for multi-core support.]

Matie
29-06-13, 11:17

I never said that. :p It works well, except that I can't install the bloody .NET Framework 3.5.

WADMerger works, I haven't tried StrPix yet.

Raider99
29-06-13, 11:55
I have some setup, but it can be a bit weird.
I have one tile, where you step and it activates flyby camera, some flame emitters and trapdoor. And you have 50 seconds to do all that, but I calculated camera into those 50 seconds, so camera takes 15 seconds and action the rest of time... My question is... if you fail, and don't finish all on time, how can I make Lara to step on same tile and activate all things again, but for 35 seconds without camera? As when I step, camera doesn't show as I wanted, but then you have all 50 seconds to finish action. :o

Sorry, if I didn't explain pretty good.

EDIT: In case someone know answer to this:

EDIT: I have another question. I added skeleton object from Cleopatra's Palace wad, but when they're activated in game, when they rise from the ground, instead of dust, Lara's butt object shows? Something missing for sure, but I can't find out what?

DJ Full
29-06-13, 11:59
Get heavy for camera under a rollingball on a slope. Trigger rollingball and everything else on that tile You want to step on. The rollingball will roll out of the trigger as soon as triggered, so it will become a "fake one-shot", while the rest will be normal multi-shot.

disapearing-boy
29-06-13, 12:15
In case someone know answer to this:

^^ You might be missing some kind of emitter or sprite to create the dust effect. Try adding all emitters fromt the cleopal.wad (like waterfallmist) into your wad....

As for your other problem;

The original LE does have trigger triggerers which could be used.

So the triggers for the 50s timed event are not on the actual tile but are instead triggered by the first camera (using a one-shot trigger so it will only work once).

You could have frozen triggers for the 35 second timer which are activated once the first event finishes.

Or flipmaps! Just thought of that right now.. build an identical flipped version of your room with no changes (so the player won't notice any flip) and you can then place new triggers for the 35 second timer on the 'same' pad.

^^That version is easier...

DJ Full
29-06-13, 12:18
I have some issues with the distance fog. Possibly I was asking about it before, but I forgot again. I have Horizon= Enabled and Fog= rrr,ggg,bbb typed, but the polygon breakdown persists and the fog isn't visible at all. What do I do wrong?

disapearing-boy
29-06-13, 12:27
I have some issues with the distance fog. Possibly I was asking about it before, but I forgot again. I have Horizon= Enabled and Fog= rrr,ggg,bbb typed, but the polygon breakdown persists and the fog isn't visible at all. What do I do wrong?

I assume you've turned off volumetric effects in the set-up settings? That's a little to obvious so I'm sure it's something else....

You can't have distance for and fog bulps in the same level in the standard LE. (i think your previous problem was with fog bulbs, no?)

DJ Full
29-06-13, 12:28
Yes, VolFX is off. I first thought the fog might just be too far to be seen in a space as small as I have in my level, but I made a 36x36 test area to check it, and I still can't see it.

EDIT: I checked both horizons - closed and open, containing triangles and quad-only. No fog visible.

Raider99
29-06-13, 13:17
^^ You might be missing some kind of emitter or sprite to create the dust effect. Try adding all emitters fromt the cleopal.wad (like waterfallmist) into your wad....

As for your other problem;

The original LE does have trigger triggerers which could be used.

So the triggers for the 50s timed event are not on the actual tile but are instead triggered by the first camera (using a one-shot trigger so it will only work once).

You could have frozen triggers for the 35 second timer which are activated once the first event finishes.

Or flipmaps! Just thought of that right now.. build an identical flipped version of your room with no changes (so the player won't notice any flip) and you can then place new triggers for the 35 second timer on the 'same' pad.

^^That version is easier...

For the skeletons... Seems like waterfall_mist isn't needed, but I'll try using original sprites...

As for another problem, it works like a charm with FlipMap method! It's so great now. Thank you! :tmb:

Also, thank you DJFull for trying to help! :)

disapearing-boy
29-06-13, 13:54
Yes, VolFX is off. I first thought the fog might just be too far to be seen in a space as small as I have in my level, but I made a 36x36 test area to check it, and I still can't see it.

EDIT: I checked both horizons - closed and open, containing triangles and quad-only. No fog visible.

That's odd...:confused:

Have you set 'world_far_view' in the options section? As that overrides the 'level_far_view' as far as I know.

For the skeletons... Seems like waterfall_mist isn't needed, but I'll try using original sprites...

As for another problem, it works like a charm with FlipMap method! It's so great now. Thank you! :tmb:

The thing is, Lara's butt mesh wouldn't appear if there's no sprite (as far as I know) which makes me think it's an object missing. You could also try deleting the skeleton and add him again. Seems to fix strange bugs sometimes.

Have you looked at the skeleton in wadmerger and checked his first animation? Is the correct add effect command added to his anim?

Glad the flipmap works.:D

Raider99
29-06-13, 15:02
The thing is, Lara's butt mesh wouldn't appear if there's no sprite (as far as I know) which makes me think it's an object missing. You could also try deleting the skeleton and add him again. Seems to fix strange bugs sometimes.

Have you looked at the skeleton in wadmerger and checked his first animation? Is the correct add effect command added to his anim?

Glad the flipmap works.:D

Actually, first half of animation there's no effect, just Lara's butt, but the second half it shows dust? Also, I checked first animation, there's no effect, it was same in cleopatra's palaces wad.

disapearing-boy
29-06-13, 15:26
Actually, first half of animation there's no effect, just Lara's butt, but the second half it shows dust? Also, I checked first animation, there's no effect, it was same in cleopatra's palaces wad.

Hmmm.... the skeleton starts his first animation like 20 clicks below the ground, so it's possible that the engine is loading his MIP slot since he's at a distance.

You could try adding the skeleton_MIP or else increasing the level_far_view so that the original mesh is loaded?

So much trial and error in this engine...:p

DJ Full
29-06-13, 15:52
That's odd...:confused:

Have you set 'world_far_view' in the options section? As that overrides the 'level_far_view' as far as I know.
SOLVED. Indeed O.O O.O O.O Thank You! So this is another command having important facts skipped in the manual. I enlarged the test space to 72x72 so now I see WorldFarView= not only affects polygon breakdown distance, but it also:
- either moves the distance fog ridiculously far away
- or decreases its density, setting start limit very far from end limit.

NOTE: I added the command "FogRange=" this one in turn seems to override fog setting given by WorldFarView= command. However it does not override the command completely - polygon draw distance remains untouched. I wonder what the WorldFarView= command could be useful for at all, then...

Anyway, done:

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/3113/a3jv.jpg

A_De
29-06-13, 15:53
I downloaded the puzzle and Puzzle_hole items and then encountered a bug in game: after puzzle is done some other objects (doors, switches and puzzleholes) start move in weird way depending on angle of view. I guess this is because of looping animation of Puzzle_done item. Anyway, how can this be fixed? The puzzle is here http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=2206

@DJ Full: I love the colors on your screen :)

disapearing-boy
29-06-13, 17:01
SOLVED. Indeed O.O O.O O.O Thank

I guess I'm on a roll today!:D Can't even get my project off the ground but glad to help others.

However it does not override the command completely - polygon draw distance remains untouched. I wonder what the WorldFarView= command could be useful for at all, then...

I guess if people wanted the same draw distance in every level they only need one script line, saving space if you have many levels. Other than that it's not very useful I suppose.

I love the contrast in the screen, beautiful warm sky, cold hard stone and junk.:)

I downloaded the puzzle and Puzzle_hole items and then encountered a bug in game: after puzzle is done some other objects (doors, switches and puzzleholes) start move in weird way depending on angle of view. I guess this is because of looping animation of Puzzle_done item. Anyway, how can this be fixed? The puzzle is here http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=2206

Not sure, but can you disable the animation of the puzzle_done object? Or do you have many other animating objects triggered as well?

Titak
29-06-13, 21:07
I wonder what the WorldFarView= command could be useful for at all, then...
WorldFarView= 127 in the [Options] section of the script gets rid of the clipping that appears when objects are placed against a wall or when two faces are close to eachother. :D
When you don't use this setting, two faces which are close together, like for example a picture object on a wall, will shimmer through eachother when viewed from a distance.

Thsi is the reason why I use WorldFarView= :D

Actually, first half of animation there's no effect, just Lara's butt, but the second half it shows dust? Also, I checked first animation, there's no effect, it was same in cleopatra's palaces wad. Kinda sounds like the issue I had with the skeleton in my one of my MoA levels. Something really weird was falling down. It looked like and object had been shattered above the skeleton when it came out from the ground and at a certain point I recognised it as the object in the AHMET_MIP slot.
So I moved that object to another slot and made a new custom mesh (a semi-transparant purple pentagram since the pentagram was already used in that same room) for the AHMET_MIP slot. So now my skeleton rose with purple pentagrams (and the regular smoke) at his feet.

I just checked that object in my wad and noticed it has a static animation of 30 frames. No idea if it is significant though.

Well, if you think it has to do with the looping of the animation then I'd say stop the looping of the animation and see if it makes any difference.

In WADMerger Animation Editor set the "next anim" to the same animation and "next frame" (which is now probably set to frame 0) to the last frame of the animation. This way the animation will only play the final frame over and over and not the whole animation.
Or you can set another animationnumber in "Next Anim" if the object has another (non-moving) animation.

Tombraider95
30-06-13, 10:49
I am still having this problem which is annoying because I really need to change the font.

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh347/bsmy95/ea7ebcbd-c1a0-44cd-a42b-600835e91c62_zpsc9071938.jpg

Dino14
30-06-13, 10:54
Are you sure that you have FONT_GRAPHICS in the wad?

Tombraider95
30-06-13, 10:58
Are you sure that you have FONT_GRAPHICS in the wad?

Yes. Does the Font Graphics need to be in every single WAD including the title one for it to work?

Dino14
30-06-13, 11:09
I think is should be in wad which you editing. Are you checked which folder are your fonts in your computer?

Tombraider95
30-06-13, 11:50
I think is should be in wad which you editing. Are you checked which folder are your fonts in your computer?

Well it's in both WADs now. What about the folder? The Font folder is in the Windows Folder??

Dino14
30-06-13, 12:35
Well it's in both WADs now. What about the folder? The Font folder is in the Windows Folder??
Yes font folder should be in Windows Folder.

Tombraider95
30-06-13, 12:37
Yes font folder should be in Windows Folder.

Yeah? Now what?

Dino14
30-06-13, 12:41
^ Hmm... I really don't know what else you could do. Have you tried instal NG Center again?

Tombraider95
30-06-13, 13:01
yay! Don't know how but I deleted and unistalled all the NG centres I had, and then downloaded the MK3 I think and it now works =D whoops! Thanks :)

A_De
01-07-13, 15:59

Fixed this bug. Nothing wrong with animation itself, but there was error in push/pop mesh flags which caused a horrible bugs even in editor when i tried to use puzzle_hole as an animating.

Titak
01-07-13, 16:09
yay! Don't know how but I deleted and unistalled all the NG centres I had, and then downloaded the MK3 I think and it now works =D whoops! Thanks :)Remember that MK3 has less possibilities than MK4. Don't mix them up. :p

Tombraider95
01-07-13, 17:11
Remember that MK3 has less possibilities than MK4. Don't mix them up. :p

It's the MK3 though. As if I click update it will suggest the MK4.

Titak
01-07-13, 19:47
By "don't mix them up" I meant, don't try to use features which are only possible in MK4.
But I guess the editor will also be missing the MK4 features (some trigers for example) so no mixup is possible when I come to think of it.

Adaethus
01-07-13, 21:44
So, a problem I had earlier today or yesterday? got a little out of control...

Long story short, after backing up all my TRNG related stuff I'm currently reinstalling TRLE and will reinstall NGLE later, however as I reinstalled TRLE (using the Skribblerz download link), it seems half the levels are not showing up on the menu!
The ones that are on the menu are Tomb of Seth, Temple of Karnak, Coastal Ruins, Catacombs, Cleopatra's Palaces and City of the Dead.
I'm dying to get back to levelbuilding and would very much appreciate some help. :)

aidanmalone
01-07-13, 22:42
^ It sounds like script issues! See if you can find a fresh copy of the script or data files anywhere and copy them over :)

Also a little question from me :o Im wanting to make a TNT box explode by putting t TNT box in the shatter slot and then a grenade and mine underneath. Will this cause nearby enemies to explode?

Adaethus
01-07-13, 22:48
Yeah... the problem I had earlier is more detailed here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=6839691#post6839691
So before I removed all my TRNG related things I ran this Ng_Scripter, (which I shouldn't have, obviously, and this messed up everything!
When I typed that comment about an hour ago I got myself a fresh download off of Skribblerz and the problem persists still except with a normal, non-NGLE download. o_o

EDIT: woow, the download didn't even have the rest of the wads? loool >.>
I'll mess around some more and try to find them XD

aidanmalone
01-07-13, 23:10
Hmm the problem still persists if you install a new one? Are you using Windows 7? And is your TRLE folder in the My Computer section? Ive had this problem before and I found that I i install a fresh copy outside of the My Computer such as My Documents or something it may work properly! :)

Adaethus
01-07-13, 23:15
Hmm the problem still persists if you install a new one? Are you using Windows 7? And is your TRLE folder in the My Computer section? Ive had this problem before and I found that I i install a fresh copy outside of the My Computer such as My Documents or something it may work properly! :)

IT WORKS!
I have all my 12 wads back now! I used the download from Tomb Raider Chronicles and it has all the wads. :) :D :yah:
Edit: I wonder, are the wads the TRC download has "extra" wads? TRC download has 11 wads + the title, yet the Skribblerz download has only 6 + the title. o.O

aidanmalone
01-07-13, 23:22
Good to hear! :tmb: Good luck with your building ;)

KurtisandLara
02-07-13, 05:20
IT WORKS!
I have all my 12 wads back now! I used the download from Tomb Raider Chronicles and it has all the wads. :) :D :yah:
Edit: I wonder, are the wads the TRC download has "extra" wads? TRC download has 11 wads + the title, yet the Skribblerz download has only 6 + the title. o.O

I don't think the skribblerz wads have been updated with the updated wads.

klona
02-07-13, 11:05
Hello everyone, I'm having a problem in the title flyby.

When I open tomb4.exe the flyby runs just fine. When I start the game then die or exit to flyby, it loads, when the loading finishes there is a blackscreen for a few milliseconds and then the game crashes with no warning.

EDIT: NVM, fixed it.

The1andOnlyTR
03-07-13, 00:10
Quick question. The whole bottom half of my room edit doesn't fit on my screen. Is there a solution?

DJ Full
03-07-13, 01:16
Alt+Enter.

Niveus
03-07-13, 02:01
^And if that doesn't work, then I'm sorry but your screen is too small. :( Minimum resolution is 1024x768 I believe.

Seilion
03-07-13, 15:26
Hi :) I got 2 questions
I made a puzzle item but its a bit over the ground ingame. I checked in Wadmerger and it's perfectly fine there, I also made sure that the animation is also on the floor bit still... strange. anybody had that ?
and secondly, in general when making objects and texturing them, is uv mapping only possible with blender and trviewer or also with strpix? i have never had experience with uv mapping.

Titak
03-07-13, 18:17
Minimum resolution is 1024x768 I believe.Correct. :D

Hi :) I got 2 questions
I made a puzzle item but its a bit over the ground ingame. I checked in Wadmerger and it's perfectly fine there, I also made sure that the animation is also on the floor bit still... strange. anybody had that ?
and secondly, in general when making objects and texturing them, is uv mapping only possible with blender and trviewer or also with strpix? i have never had experience with uv mapping.
If you check an original puzzle-item in WADMerger Animation Editor, you'll see that it is placed a bit IN the ground.
So in Animation Editor, place you object a bit IN the ground, just like one of those original pickups. :D

lance6439
03-07-13, 21:14
Any news on the resident eveil based TRLE game? :)

Zsott
04-07-13, 09:20
nvm.

Titak
04-07-13, 09:26
I see you registered back in 2011 but since this is your first post: Welcome to this forum, Zsott! :wve:

I take it you are using TRNG?
We have a special subforum dedicated to TRNG so it is better to ask your questions in there, to avoid confusion. :D

Here's a thread about weather in TRNG (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=143101). :D

Niveus
04-07-13, 09:34
Any news on the resident eveil based TRLE game? :)

I reckon that's Trinity's/Shauni's level - afaik, it's still going on. :)

Adaethus
04-07-13, 13:58
Hey, I'm having a strange issue with a custom audio track I play with a trigger, I'd like the level's background audio to stop playing while the custom triggered audio starts like it does in older games.
I use the slot 000 for the custom audio and the file is an mp3.

Titak
04-07-13, 15:33
You are using TRNG, so please post your questions in the TRNG section.
People will then know they can give you TRNG solutions.

This might help: Audio engine (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=126267)
You can use F193 for this.

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 193
; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(193)
; <#> : Sound. (CD) Play <&>CD Track on (E)channel with final restore of old track;
<&> : AUDIO\000
; (E) : Channel 1 (Background track)

A_De
04-07-13, 16:17
I'm making a new jumpswitch, how to move it's pivot? I mean that coordinate where Lara grabs it. The new switch is smaller than original one as there only one mesh now, and I want to move pivot a bit forward.

AODfan
05-07-13, 16:11
Is it possible to texture an object with animated level textures?
I tried PixStr but it always gives me an error message when I select an object :(

Titak
05-07-13, 16:24
^
I used Pixstr2.2rev2 for MoA and it worked fine for me.
(On Windows XP that is...)

Which version are you using?

AODfan
05-07-13, 16:28
I'm using PixStr2.2rev3 on Windows 7

A_De
10-07-13, 12:47
I'm making a new jumpswitch, how to move it's pivot? I mean that coordinate where Lara grabs it. The new switch is smaller than original one as there only one mesh now, and I want to move pivot a bit forward.
Please, could someone point me a right direction? I tried to recalculate collision of that switch, but it does not help. Should I make changes in Lara's animation? If yes which exactly?

Krystian
10-07-13, 15:48
Please, could someone point me a right direction? I tried to recalculate collision of that switch, but it does not help. Should I make changes in Lara's animation? If yes which exactly?

I don't quite know if you mean to move the pivot up or forward, but either way I would suggest moving the position of the jumpswitch itself, to adjust it to Lara's grabbing point.
This could be a painful task to do, if the animations are already there, as each frame of every animation would need to be adjusted.

I may be wrong and there might be an easier solution, though :o

A_De
10-07-13, 18:47
Thanks, i'll try to move switch forward. Animations already present, but they are simple, so if everything works the mesh can be moved with StrPix then.

larafan25
13-07-13, 18:35
You know what I wish so badly? That someone would make a TRLE minecraft.

Someone with programming magika, level 100 might somehow create an alternate program that would generate a giant, open world map of all 4-click-high geometry. Randomly spawn in medkits, ammo and firearms. Multiplayer servers.

Could be the start of something interesting.

Tricell
14-07-13, 00:08
You know what I wish so badly? That someone would make a TRLE minecraft.

Someone with programming magika, level 100 might somehow create an alternate program that would generate a giant, open world map of all 4-click-high geometry. Randomly spawn in medkits, ammo and firearms. Multiplayer servers.

Could be the start of something interesting.

Are you saying create a level in minecraft or a minecraft level in TRLE?

larafan25
14-07-13, 00:18
Are you saying create a level in minecraft or a minecraft level in TRLE?

I'm saying create a brand new application/ game that (like minecraft) generates an open world series of blocks, but those blocks are TRLE blocks featuring the same conditions for which Lara can traverse them.

Just a dream.

Xopax
14-07-13, 00:28
What about putting a Lara skin on Minecraft :p

larafan25
14-07-13, 00:35
They already have those.

Xopax
14-07-13, 01:14
I know that >.<

lance6439
14-07-13, 18:56
Any good horror TRLE games? I've done the RE demo & a few others.

I don't think there's that many, sadly :(

Tombraider95
14-07-13, 19:33
The Ring??

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=1155

Silent Vill?

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2197

Baratheon
14-07-13, 19:34
Silent Vill is good. :D

http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2197

The1andOnlyTR
14-07-13, 22:14
Am I allowed to take a custom made outfit (eg the new Lara) and make it my own my editing the textures and mesh? I just wanna keep the face and body shape. :p

Titak
14-07-13, 22:34
It's usually okay but it is best to ask the creator of the model in advance. :D

The1andOnlyTR
14-07-13, 22:36
It's usually okay but it is best to ask the creator of the model in advance. :D

Okay, thank you. :) Also, is there a tutorial on creating custom outfits/meshes for Lara?

Titak
14-07-13, 22:38
There's something on creating outfits in our tutorials section and there's something on TR Search Engine as well I think.
Or try Skribblerz. Loads of tutorials there. :D

lance6439
15-07-13, 01:28
Going to watch 'The Hill' right now before I play the game! thanks guys! :D

Hobbit696
15-07-13, 20:02
Hello there. Long time no see! Few years have past since I was working with Level Editor. I have forgotten almost everything so I would like to start with some basic questions.
1.What's the difference between NGLE and TRNG? Which one is newer and up to date?
2.Any official site of NG versions? I'm using Windows 7 x64 (dual core processor). I know about Skribblerz, but I had some problems earlier, I don't know. Also, I downloaded Vista version of TRLE from TRC. There is nothing mentioned about win7 compatibility though.
3.Should I install just TRNG Mk4 (1.2.2.6) or all updates one by one? I have found an instruction how to install all the stuff on Win7, but nothing mentioned about those updates. I knew how to do it once but as I said, I have no idea now.

If there is a topic with all answers to my questions (I am really weak if it comes to finding key words in search tools, in case you're going to start yelling about it :( I don't like it) then I would be very pleased if you could link it. Thanks in advance :)

Titak
15-07-13, 20:20
Welcome back! :wve:

NGLE is the room editor, TRNG is NGLE combined with a new tomb4.exe (engine).

TRNG MK4 (version 1.2.2.6) is the latest version and you can simply install MK4.
The official TRNG Homepage seems to be temporarily suspended so Skribblerz is the place to download MK4 from.

It should all work on Win7 64 bits, but it seems to be best to install it all in My Documents and running it in some compatibility mode. WinXP works best for most people.

matrix54
15-07-13, 23:48
Why is it that whenever I try to set a sound's chance to "0" in wadmerger, it reset's itself back to it's original number. I'm trying to alter PUSH_SPX_SWITCH, and this is what I do:

-Enable the sound to be used
-Change Chance from 77 to 0
-Save

It never works. :(

Edit: for some reason, the sounds are working... I don't know what to believe anymore.

Uzi master
16-07-13, 00:53
Where can you set chance it wadmerger? I thought you could only change it from the sounds.txt file.

I also don't get why you want to set chance to 0, that would mean it never plays :confused:

matrix54
16-07-13, 01:08
Actually, 0 means it always plays. ;)

You go to the sound editor in WadMerger, click on a sound and at the bottom, there's a CH (for chance). Change that and it's independently changed for the level - when it wants to work.

The1andOnlyTR
16-07-13, 07:29
TRLE on a MacBook?

Guty
17-07-13, 03:32
How make the roof of building,I don't want roof as object?

THOR2010
17-07-13, 22:37
say you add a peice of scenery to a level with meta2tr, and merge it with the room gemetry, will enemies shoot her through it like they do objects?

Titak
18-07-13, 16:04
^
Yes.

@ Guty:
You have to stack rooms, let's say the room room itself and the room for the roof.
In the room for the roof you shape the floor to make it look like a roof.

This is the easiest version and you can't have an attic room underneath the roof like this.
If you need an attic you will need to stack more rooms and the ceiling of the attic room should be shaped as if the roof is above it and the room above the attic will have to be connected to side rooms and floor/ceiling will have to be shaped like the roof.

How complicated it needs to be depends on what shape you want your roof to be and if there should be rooms right underneath it, etc.

matrix54
19-07-13, 05:34
Apparently, RisingBlock_2 can't life pushblocks. :(

Edit: It worked when I place it on the ceiling and moved it down. :hea:

Edit: Now, it's broken again. I don't get it, at all. :(

Titak
19-07-13, 12:42
^
If you are using TRNG you could perhaps use Action->Move triggers for the pushable and make it go up that way, when the rising-block is rising.

matrix54
19-07-13, 14:13
The rising block never rises at all. I don't know how I got it to work before. I just turned the room into a flip map and called it a day. :vlol:

matrix54
19-07-13, 16:13
Now, Lara's walking through walls beneath RISINGBLOCKs. I am done. I am so done. -_-

Titak
19-07-13, 16:32
Again, if you are using TRNG, there are other ways to raise blocks, so I'd look into that if I were you. :)

Hobbit696
19-07-13, 19:22
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if there is any way to enlarge those doors, to be the size like the yellow-framed area.
http://i.imgur.com/FCYu681.png

I can't find any others, these are pretty much what I'm looking for, unless there are some other big doors that would match a snowy level.
thx in advance

matrix54
19-07-13, 19:56
Again, if you are using TRNG, there are other ways to raise blocks, so I'd look into that if I were you. :)

I just made an entirely different puzzle. I couldn't be bothered. :vlol: Thanks, though.

Tricell
19-07-13, 19:59
Hey guys, I wanted to ask you if there is any way to enlarge those doors, to be the size like the yellow-framed area.
http://i.imgur.com/FCYu681.png

I can't find any others, these are pretty much what I'm looking for, unless there are some other big doors that would match a snowy level.
thx in advance

Couldnt you just enlarge the mesh? What slot is it in?

matrix54
19-07-13, 20:10
They look like DOUBLE_DOORS. (S)he may hvae to, as you've said, enlarge the mesh and use TRNG to move it over a bit, so Lara can still use it. ;)

Hobbit696
19-07-13, 20:13
Okay, what should I use for it? Metasequoia (or something like that)? I have never been trying to remesh or retexture custom objects you know :)
EDIT: And yes, this is DOUBLE_DOORS

HURLEYstickmen
19-07-13, 20:17
I've had an idea for a level; or at least a story for one. It goes a bit like this:
There's a lovely Eastern-esque mansion on a hill top, but there's no owner... or
is there? The folklore tells of a monster or spirit residing within the manor's shrine. The protagonist, a shy yet curious soul, decides to pay a visit to the
supposedly haunted house, finding himself in an even bigger story...

I was also thinking of including a character other than Lara as the protagonist, seeing as it's set in a fantasy world of sorts. I also thought of basing some of the elements on Doctor Who, giving more of a fantasy/sci-fi/speculative fiction impression to the story and characters.

As for the gameplay, it's mainly puzzles with a few platforming sections, as the main aspect is more on the story.

I'd like to know your opinion(s) on the idea, if you have any.

disapearing-boy
19-07-13, 20:22
Okay, what should I use for it? Metasequoia (or something like that)? I have never been trying to remesh or retexture custom objects you know :)

Wadmerger can enlarge objects too using the scale feature. Try that first.;)

Tricell
19-07-13, 20:26

Send it to me i can do that in afew minutes.

Hobbit696
19-07-13, 20:37
Hmm, have no idea where I can scale objects in WadMerger. I guess it must be hidden somewhere.
Anyways, I've sent the doors to Tricell. Thanks in advance!

And thanks everyone for help :)

Regards!

Titak
19-07-13, 22:13
The scaling feature is in WADMerger's Animation Editor. :D

JessyTR
20-07-13, 01:47
Hey, I need some help. I placed the 'effect<sound' thing in my level, it's the waterfall sound, it's not working so well, the sound plays and then stop for a little time until plays again, it's not that long but anyone can notice it, how can I make it loop?

Titak
20-07-13, 11:21
Are you using a custom sound for the waterfall?
Because by default the sound should already loop seamlessly.

To make a sound loop you need to assing "L" to the sound using either WADMerger Sound Manager or Screamer.
You also may need to edit the sound itself: perhaps there's a bit of silence at the end?

JessyTR
20-07-13, 14:09
I don't remember changing it, but it'll try the wad merger sound editor, but it's funny that every sound I place has this problem, I tried with normal water sound, with the fountain and the problem is there, anyway I'm trying it now, thanks :hug:

Titak
20-07-13, 14:35
Odd... I can't remember ever having had that issue with the default sounds. :confused:

I hope you can fix it. :D

JessyTR
20-07-13, 15:50
I don't know what the problem with LE, the little gap still there, I think I'm leaving my waterfall with no sounds :(

matrix54
21-07-13, 01:30
I think I've altered this singular puzzle and room about 20 times. It's not even elaborate. :vlol:

DJ Full
22-07-13, 06:38
I have a flipmap question: can I have a flipmap with a thick floor in the ceiling that disappears? Or is it impossible with a door below the thick fragment?

Raider99
25-07-13, 11:51
I have flipmap, and before it flips, it is water room, with blue lighting, moveables react to it. But, when water room flips to dry, I changed lighting but objects are still lightened with blue, how to fix it?

TheTiger
25-07-13, 12:59
I have flipmap, and before it flips, it is water room, with blue lighting, moveables react to it. But, when water room flips to dry, I changed lighting but objects are still lightened with blue, how to fix it?

Easy - save and reload. Just ask the player to save and reload after the waterroom changes. :D

Raider99
25-07-13, 16:33
Ah, thanks Dennis, didn't know that. :)

Kapu
25-07-13, 17:01
i'm struggling with camera targets. i can never get these things right. i have a switch that triggers a flipmap, and i also want it to trigger a camera pointed at a target (showing the flipped room.) how do i set this up? this is what i have so far.

on the block where the switch is:
SWITCH(0:1) for SWITCH_TYPE3
TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPMAP(1)

this works all fine and dandy. the flipmap triggers as it should. i don't understand how to add the camera target trigger to this. the manual says place your camera, and then place the camera_target where you want this camera to look. did that. then it states to place triggers for both the camera and camera_target on the same square, and set the object type on the camera_target to target. my attempts have gone two ways: 1) lara looks at the camera after pressing the switch instead of the camera - 2) none of my triggers work at all, lara won't even press the switch.

can someone tell me what triggers i'm supposed to use? :o

Mytly
25-07-13, 20:15
Place a regular trigger for the camera on the same square as the switch. Add a timer if you want, but otherwise don't change anything else. Place another regular trigger for the target, and change the object type to target.

Kapu
26-07-13, 01:43
such a simple solution. that's what i get for overcomplicating things! hahah thank you very much Mytly. :)

Raider99
26-07-13, 17:31
So... This may sound dumb, but I can't find way to enable flyby camera using rollingball trick. :confused:
I tried using regular for camera and heavy for rollingball, but doesn't work. Tried heavyswitch but doesn't work. What I'm doing wrong?

tombraiderxii
26-07-13, 18:13
To my understanding and in previous experience, I thought the setup was to trigger a rollingball (whether it be regular, heavy, switch, etc) and in the rollingball room have a heavy trigger for the camera, so when the rollingball rolls over that square, it triggers the camera.

hope this helps! :)

Titak
26-07-13, 20:15
^
Very correct. :tmb:

Raider99
26-07-13, 23:27
Thanks, I just did that but still doesn't work. In rollingball room It antitriggers earthquake. That works, but it doesn't trigger flyby camera.

Titak
27-07-13, 09:11
Are you sure you made the trigger for the camera a heavy-trigger?

THOR2010
27-07-13, 16:00
i edited the outfit in my level today, all i did was add a backpack to the torso mesh, and the skin works fine but ever since i did that no sounds work in my level? and the level converter doesnt list any as missing... i did just update to the latest trng but i dont know if its a ng related problem or not

EDIT: i took a closer look, right before it loads the samples the converter says "not enough memory to load C:/program files..........karnak.sam"

EDIT2: its happening with all my level conversions now, even the original trle.tom files?

lol EDIT3: its got to be somthing with the newest version of trng that im doing wrong, when i reverted back everything works fine!

Raider99
27-07-13, 16:14
Are you sure you made the trigger for the camera a heavy-trigger?

Yes, I have regular trigger for rollingball and HEAVY for camera above that or first HEAVY for camera and then regular for rollingball.

KurtisandLara
27-07-13, 17:20
Yes, I have regular trigger for rollingball and HEAVY for camera above that or first HEAVY for camera and then regular for rollingball.

Is the antitrigger on the same square as the camera?
is it a flipmap room? Are the Triggers on the bottom floor (if your rooms are stacked)?

Raider99
27-07-13, 19:03
It's nothing of that. Does it matter how camera which is triggered looks?
I mean, it has OCB 14, so it triggers something etc...

Mytly
27-07-13, 19:46
such a simple solution. that's what i get for overcomplicating things! hahah thank you very much Mytly. :)
You'rewelcome. :)

You want the rollingball to trigger the camera, right? So why are you putting both the triggers on the same square? :confused: Place a trigger for the rollingball wherever Lara is sure to walk over it, or stack it onto a switch trigger for a switch that Lara will use, or something similar. Put the heavy trigger for the camera on the slope below the rollingball, so that when the rollingball is triggered (by Lara), it will roll over the heavy trigger and start the camera sequence.

Raider99
27-07-13, 21:41
Ah, it's more clear now. :p
Btw... I had under rollingball antiheavy trigger to disable earhquake, and heavy for camera was on second square and didn't work. That was a bit weird. Now it works actually. :)
Thank you all for help.

Tombraider95
28-07-13, 11:28
I've tried to change the loading bar with this script line but it just appears black??

Customize=CUST_BAR, BAR_LOAD_LEVEL, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 8, IGNORE
ColorRGB= 8, 0, 187, 0

I've put it in the Level and Title sections.

AODfan
28-07-13, 11:57
^The ColorRBG command has to be placed above the Customize command

Tombraider95
28-07-13, 12:02
^The ColorRBG command has to be placed above the Customize command

ahh! Simples! Thanks :p

Also is there a way to make the mud/dirt/metal sounds louder as I can't even hear them even tho they're enabled??

THOR2010
28-07-13, 13:22
you can adjust the volume in the sounds.txt