PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

Titak
28-07-13, 14:47
^
That, and/or increase the volume of the samples themselves.

Tricell
28-07-13, 18:47
Is there a way to make a shatter only break by using a shotgun?
This was actually meant for TRNG chat as i am using TRNG and im sure its a scripted matter...My bad :/.

Titak
28-07-13, 18:50
^
You can set something to shatter only with explosive ammo but not with just shotgun ammo as far as I know.

But please ask in the TRNG section anyway. AkyV or someone else might know something. :D

Tricell
29-07-13, 00:13
Where can i download the most up to date TRViewer?

tombraiderxii
29-07-13, 01:33
EDIT: nvm, it's a TRNG question. I'll ask there.

sapper
29-07-13, 07:23
Where can i download the most up to date TRViewer?

If you have NGLE/TRNG installed, look in the tools folder.

You have to copy the exe into the normal TRViewer folder.

Download TRViewer from aspidetr.

http://www.aspidetr.com/tools/tr-viewer/

DJ Full
29-07-13, 16:45
Hey hey hey, I have two questions, possibly very basic:

1. How to make a timed flipmap? The standard timer doesn't work. I don't mean alternating rollingball-controlled flipmap, but the one which flips on and then off a single time, without using rollingballs at all.

2. My Lara has two heads, one inside another:

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/6249/uj2v.jpg

I suppose I messed something within the wad, but I reloaded default misc meshes from karnak.wad and the problem isn't gone. Could it be something too much instead of something missing?

Thank You in advance :)

rufierto
29-07-13, 17:01
Could it be done with an organizer?

Titak
29-07-13, 18:23
1)
An Organizer would be my idea as well.
Provided you are using the TRNG for this level ofcourse.
And then use the flip-on and flip-off flipeffect triggers.

2)
I used to have it with my no-weapons Lara in the first MoA Croft Manor level, but it only happened after I used DOZY with that Lara. One head would move, the double one didn't.
Other than that I really have no idea. :confused:

DJ Full
29-07-13, 18:27
@rufierto
Yes, and this is how I did it. But I wondered if there is a non-rollingball classic way, from before the script trigger era.

@Titak
yep, I use dozy to test this level. That might indeed be the case, thank You.

Titak
29-07-13, 18:33
1)
No non-rollingball classic ways come to mind...
I can't remember if the old flip-on and flip-off can be triggered with a timer...

matrix54
29-07-13, 19:16
Double heads means a Shotgun/Crossbow/Grenade Launcher is missing from the level. The game has to render something in it's place, and when the model is missing, it uses Lara's head. ;)

DJ Full
29-07-13, 21:25
Aaahaaa... Yes, in my level there are only pistols, so I just threw all other weapon anims out, to compile the level faster. I'll throw them in later, thank You :)

Titak
29-07-13, 21:49
Ah, the manor levels were indeed lacking those weapons.
So that's what caused the double head. :D

THOR2010
30-07-13, 15:58
im trying to add jump sounds to a ledge jump animation, and i set the sound to play at a certain frame in animation editor, but later ingame nothing happens, no sounds is played? is there more to adding sounds to animations than that?

Titak
30-07-13, 16:26
Well, the soundslot that is used for that animation has to be assigned to the wad ofcourse.

Another thing might be that the used soundslot has the option "CH" enabled.
CH is chance and when used it randomly plays or doesn't play the sound. How often it will play depends on the value entered in the CH field. (the higher, the more the sound plays)

DJ Full
30-07-13, 21:07
And now I'm having a problem I already had before, however I can't recall if I solved it... There's a certain camera, one-shot is ticked, however when I pass beyond this trigger, two black bars (just like those in the flyby) prevent Lara's movements everytime I reload the game. Any bell ringing?

Soul
30-07-13, 21:11
Never heard of anything like it. Which type of camera is it? Is the problem gone, when you delete the camera?

Raider99
01-08-13, 13:36
So, the release of 20x20x20 is quite soon. But I ran into really weird problem. So I really appreciate any help! :( :hug:

I have room where you have some triggers, and the last one is flipeffect for playing sound effect of global sound map (v130), playing sound effect 315. And after I pull switch it plays, and timed run last 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, that room flips and switch trigger timer is changed to 48. But whenever i step on that tile, sound effect 315 (door_big_stone) plays. Even if I didn't pull switch. But only that activates, other triggers don't until I use switch. And if I use it, it plays sfx 315 again! I really don't know how to fix it. :(

EDIT: Never mind, too late, but you can still help me so I know for future...

DJ Full
01-08-13, 20:50
I'm too late for the competition, but I keep building, and I seem to have exactly the opposite problem than R99 has. I mean the editor doesn't see the sample list at all when I try to select sound to perform:

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8705/qhmi.jpg

I first thought it's because of the wad sound fixing I've been doing today, but the problem persists after reloading the default .sam and .sfx. Anyone knows what this might be caused by?

DJ Full
02-08-13, 11:12
Never mind that above, I simply removed a space from the name of LevelSFX Creator folder to enable DosBOX usage, and I then forgot to reinsert it.

I fixed dozens of bugs and the level is almost playable. "Almost" consists of at least two things:
1. Two rooms linked with a trapdoor. Room above trapdoor flips. Since that moment, Lara falls through the trapdoor when it's closed and stands on it when it's open.
2. That camera I mentioned earlier, but I had it not examined enough to narrow the search for You and I'll now post about it in NG thread, because it's related with NG triggers.

Soul
02-08-13, 23:39
1. Two rooms linked with a trapdoor. Room above trapdoor flips. Since that moment, Lara falls through the trapdoor when it's closed and stands on it when it's open.Never heard of it being solid, when opened, but the fact that Lara falls through closed trapdoors i. flipped rooms is common. You may want to solve it with an invisible bridge-flat object and some TRNG-triggers but there's sadly no actual fix for the problem.

Agsel C
03-08-13, 03:10
Does anyone know if there's a way to disable the animated lighting in underwater rooms? And the movement effect of rooms when lara is underwater. Basically I'm trying to make a water room act exactly like a regular room except lara swims in it... Tks in advance

Baratheon
03-08-13, 03:26
How To Achieve Watery Greatness! (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=174786) by the wonderful matrix54. Have fun.

Agsel C
03-08-13, 03:39
Thanks but the issue is not how the water looks from above, it's the water room itself, underwater. There are lights everywhere moving and the objects have a sick zoom animation that's very annoying. I know it has something to do with scripting but I have no more info on this... ?

Titak
03-08-13, 08:35
If you are using TRNG you can use F115 trigger to set a room as waterroom.
This way you won't have that reflection lighting in it and no distortion either.
There will however be specs floating around.

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 115
; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(115)
; <#> : Room. Set the <&>room as (E)type of room
; <&> : [000] Room0
; (E) : Water room
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 115, $0
Place the trigger in the prj before Lara reaches the room, or export the trigger and put it in the script.
(EDIT Oh duh... this part is also explained in that tutorial by Matrix54... Nevermind then...)

Another way to get rid of the lighting is with Meta2TR by assigning Wgt 0 to the vertices of the waterroom.
But that method won't get rid of the distortion and the spec floating around.

There are no other ways to get rid of the lighting I think.

Tombraider95
04-08-13, 12:57
Is it possible to disable some of Lara's Animations such as the Sprint one? As if she hasn't learnt them. As I want a Lara who is younger and can't do some moves.

Titak
04-08-13, 13:28
If it's okay to not have those in the entire level, you could delete the StateID change that leads to the sprinting animation.

Dino14
04-08-13, 13:34
You can disable sprint by disabling "Dash" key. You can also disable other thinks like use flare, jump etc.

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 51
; Exporting: TRIGGER(6:0) for FLIPEFFECT(51)
; <#> : Keyboard. Disable <&>keyboard command for (E) time
; <&> : Dash
; (E) : Forever (use other action/effect to disable it)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 51, $6

And you can enable them later if you want. :)

Tombraider95
04-08-13, 13:35
If it's okay to not have those in the entire level, you could delete the StateID change that leads to the sprinting animation.

Oh okay yeah it would be for the whole level. Do I delete it in WadMerger?

You can disable sprint by disabling "Dash" key. You can also disable other thinks like use flare, jump etc.

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 51
; Exporting: TRIGGER(6:0) for FLIPEFFECT(51)
; <#> : Keyboard. Disable <&>keyboard command for (E) time
; <&> : Dash
; (E) : Forever (use other action/effect to disable it)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 51, $6

And you can enable them later if you want. :)

oo okay :p Do I trigger this flipeffect in game?

Dino14
04-08-13, 13:38
^ Yes. Thought you can also use globaltrigger so you don't need any triggers in game. :)

Titak
04-08-13, 14:44
Oh okay yeah it would be for the whole level. Do I delete it in WadMerger?Yes, in Animation Editor.
The StateID changes for animations are listed in the window that opens with the 1->2 button. :D
So find the animation from which the sprint can start (animation 0 would be one) and delete the one(s) that lead to the start of the sprinting animations.
My guess is that there's at least two that lead to sprinting, depending on which leg is up front during the running.

Or you can ofcourse use that flipeffect Dino14 suggested.
I would prefer using the GlobalTrigger in the script for it.

Tombraider95
04-08-13, 15:08
Okie Dokie. Thanks for the help :D

A_De
04-08-13, 15:53
Is there any detailed default sprite textures description? I'd like to know which sprite makes fire, which makes mist, blood and so on

Niveus
04-08-13, 16:16
^ Boo (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=179634) :p

A_De
04-08-13, 17:40
^ oops, i really used forum search before asking... Thanks anyway.

bekim
04-08-13, 20:04
Is there a trap slot which causes an immediate death?

disapearing-boy
04-08-13, 20:33

I know this is the regular LE section but just in case....

TRNG should be able to increase the damage of traps using the 'enemy=' command. Traps are considered enemies in TRNG and the list of Enemy_Damage (including traps) can be found in the NGcenter.

According to that list;

Falling Ceiling slot
Teeth spikes slot
Seth Blade

all these slots can do a maximum of 1000 damage. that should be enough for instant death. I'm not sure if Lara can escape the damage while moving but I do believe the Seth blades are the best instant death trap. (Seth_Blades have two damage entries in NG scripter so there may be an ocb required to allow instant death, like in tomb of seth.)

The hammer from Tomb of Semerkhet does alot of damage as well but I'm not sure if it's instant death since it's damage is only 150 by default. It kills me all the time though:p

DJ Full
04-08-13, 22:32
I'm experiencing huge problems with a flipmap. After saving/reloading the level it triggers automatically, without any trigger, placed nor scripted. I know about the flipmap bug, but it is said to revert flipped rooms back to unflipped, and what happens here is the opposite way. Any known classic solutions?

If not, I'll just switch to NG method (GlobalTrigger every single frame, for permanent flipoff until a certain point of the game is reached).

bekim
05-08-13, 06:10
I know this is the regular LE section but just in case....

TRNG should be able to increase the damage of traps using the 'enemy=' command. Traps are considered enemies in TRNG and the list of Enemy_Damage (including traps) can be found in the NGcenter.

According to that list;

Falling Ceiling slot
Teeth spikes slot
Seth Blade

all these slots can do a maximum of 1000 damage. that should be enough for instant death. I'm not sure if Lara can escape the damage while moving but I do believe the Seth blades are the best instant death trap. (Seth_Blades have two damage entries in NG scripter so there may be an ocb required to allow instant death, like in tomb of seth.)

The hammer from Tomb of Semerkhet does alot of damage as well but I'm not sure if it's instant death since it's damage is only 150 by default. It kills me all the time though:p

Thank you <3 :D

AkyV
05-08-13, 06:25
Never mind.

SrDanielPonces
05-08-13, 13:42
----------------

Guty
05-08-13, 14:34
How make appear extra window in 1.2.2.7.Version beacuse I don't understand words"place in TRLE folder",that mean I must make new folder named TRLE and there place the WidndowButtons.txt.?
Thanks for reply.:o
Edit:Okay,I doesn't know that I must not forget about ",in short I found the solution my problem.

Mytly
05-08-13, 19:13
How about the Squishy Block slot? That kills Lara instantly.

SrDanielPonces
05-08-13, 23:18
I've been trying to make animations for Lara in 3ds max, but I'm not understanding much about the tutorial since english is a bit difficult for me, can someone give me step-by-step of how to do it? It doesn't need to be long, just a short explanation about what should I use, etc.
Thanks in advance :hug:

DJ Full
06-08-13, 07:43
whenever i step on that tile, sound effect 315 (door_big_stone) plays. Even if I didn't pull switch.But only that activates, other triggers don't until I use switch. And if I use it, it plays sfx 315 again (...) too late, but you can still help me so I know for future

Too late, but maybe this: delete one-shot button from whatever trigger it's assigned to, and assign it to the sound trigger. If You can't, then script the trigger and assign it to a FGT_SINGLE_SHOT global trigger, while other parts of the setup are untouched.

I never use global sound map, but I rather play effect from first group (0-255) or second (256-max).

Raider99
06-08-13, 11:48
I could try that, but I think that won't work too.
The problem is, whatever I add, it gets activated without switch, and I haven't any one-shot trigger. I tried using rollingball to trigger it, as I thought it won't activate until pull switch, but wrong, it activated and played sound.

SrDanielPonces
06-08-13, 15:51
I've been trying to make animations for Lara in 3ds max, but I'm not understanding much about the tutorial since english is a bit difficult for me, can someone give me step-by-step of how to do it? It doesn't need to be long, just a short explanation about what should I use, etc.
Thanks in advance :hug:

Guys I don't want to spam but I really need help :s

Niveus
06-08-13, 17:30
Guys I don't want to spam but I really need help :s

Well, unfortunately, 3D studio max is a complicated program and there is no "quick" way to learn how to do it. If you want to be good at using it you're going to have to invest some time.

The reason that there is no shorter tutorial is because Titak pretty much covered everything. Sometimes brevity must be sacrificed for completeness.

Tombraider95
06-08-13, 17:43
I'm retexturing the sand waterfalls as the texture isn't the largest in my WAD. When I do this it keeps the pink transparent texture with it aswell?

Plus it isn't just pink but the textures look unconnected anyway? Anyone know where there already is sand waterfalls with large textures??

http://i544.photobucket.com/albums/hh347/bsmy95/picture009_zps8ccf4e14.png

SrDanielPonces
06-08-13, 19:15
Well, unfortunately, 3D studio max is a complicated program and there is no "quick" way to learn how to do it. If you want to be good at using it you're going to have to invest some time.

The reason that there is no shorter tutorial is because Titak pretty much covered everything. Sometimes brevity must be sacrificed for completeness.

You did not understand. I didn't say a "quick" explanation, I said if someone could teach me the basics or how to use the necessary tools to make an animation, so then I can practise a little more every day.

So don't talk that way, because I didn't say directly "quick" :33 :hug:

Titak
06-08-13, 20:10
My tutorial is about the basics.
So I wouldn't know how else to explain. :o

Is it 3D Max itself that you need basics about or is it also about how to get an animation into 3D Max?

SrDanielPonces
06-08-13, 20:36
^

I did understand the part where it explains how to import an animation to 3ds max (by using TRViewer).
My difficulty is to make the animation. If I understand, I make the positions of the animations on the frames, and the program make the animations (with the positions) automatically. But, the animation is so fast and Lara just return to the first position of the animation. :s I also tryed to click on the key button.

Btw, I'm using the 3ds max 2011.

Titak
06-08-13, 21:50
I always make the first frame, then slide the ruler to another spot and make the next frame.
If the movement goes too fast from that first frame to the next I simply select the entire model and move the keys of that second frame I made.

The keys should automatically be created when you have the "Auto Key" button pressed and "rotation" and "position" selected in the "Key Filters".
Rotating a mesh or moving the buttmesh should automatically create a key.

Once the animation is completed you need to manually assign the rest of the keys to the frames. (position and rotation for the butt, rotation only for the rest)

This is the very basic method.
To make an animation look less stiff I move individual keys for individual meshes around here and there. Whatever makes it look better in my opinion.

SrDanielPonces
06-08-13, 22:48
Thanks, Titak ! :hug:
I finally understand how to use it ! ^^
Its easy to use, but it takes time to look natural :o

Niveus
06-08-13, 23:43
You did not understand. I didn't say a "quick" explanation, I said if someone could teach me the basics or how to use the necessary tools to make an animation, so then I can practise a little more every day.

So don't talk that way, because I didn't say directly "quick" :33 :hug:

If I may say so, even if it wasn't what you intended, you have asked for a "quick" explanation. Titak's tutorial scratches the surface, but believe me people could write (and have written) miles and miles of pages on how to use this ineffable program. :vlol: People who use the program everyday for three years still can learn stuff from it. But, at least you got what you wanted out of it. Perhaps I need to work on my patience (razor thin). So, apologies for that.

@Tombraider95
Are you using the original texture? If so, no clue. If you resized the original texture then it is natural for the pink colour to come through if you have used some sort of interpolation method when resizing (which all image editing programs will do automatically). This method is used to make every pixel bleed some of its colour into its neighbouring pixels, which makes the image look smoother on the whole. This means that some of the magenta colour is not pure 255,0,255 anymore. To solve this, begin again. In GIMP when the resize window pops up, make sure that you select "Interpolation: none". In Photoshop, press CTRL + K then choose "Image Interpolation: Nearest Neighbour" before you resize.

Tombraider95
07-08-13, 07:11
@Tombraider95
Are you using the original texture? If so, no clue. If you resized the original texture then it is natural for the pink colour to come through if you have used some sort of interpolation method when resizing (which all image editing programs will do automatically). This method is used to make every pixel bleed some of its colour into its neighbouring pixels, which makes the image look smoother on the whole. This means that some of the magenta colour is not pure 255,0,255 anymore. To solve this, begin again. In GIMP when the resize window pops up, make sure that you select "Interpolation: none". In Photoshop, press CTRL + K then choose "Image Interpolation: Nearest Neighbour" before you resize.

oooo okay yeah I will give it a try :)

DJ Full
11-08-13, 14:53
I'm trying to force a GRENADE to explode. Not sure what to do because it sometimes happens, sometimes not, even if triggered directly on the ground. What am I doing wrong?

God Horus
11-08-13, 16:56
Don't you have to put an invisible shatter object on top of the grenade first then trigger the grenade for an explosion? I can't remember...

Dino14
11-08-13, 17:02
I'm trying to force a GRENADE to explode. Not sure what to do because it sometimes happens, sometimes not, even if triggered directly on the ground. What am I doing wrong?

This (http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/pyrotechnics.htm) tutorial could be helpfull. :)

Mytly
11-08-13, 19:39
The grenade needs to be in contact with an animating object or else it won't explode. Either trigger an enemy on the same square, or put an invisible animating object on the same square as the grenade.

Titak
11-08-13, 19:53
I'm using Audacity to mix voice-overs with music and sound effects.
What can I do to get a "hearing voice through headset" kind of sound?

DJ Full
11-08-13, 21:21
@Titak:
The simpliest solution is to go into Bass and Treble plugin in Effects menu, slide the whole bass off and add as much treble as possible. If not enough, repeat.

@Mytly:
some of my grenades explode even though there is no animating slot nearby. I suspect You mean any moveable. Thank You, I'll try to use some invisible ones :)

Titak
11-08-13, 21:32
@Titak:
The simpliest solution is to go into Bass and Treble plugin in Effects menu, slide the whole bass off and add as much treble as possible. If not enough, repeat.Cool! That worked. :D
Thanks. :D

rufierto
13-08-13, 02:10
I do not know if this is the right thread, but I am trying to figure out how to set up the balance beam. Is there a tutorial on this somewhere? How is this done?:confused: OK, I found the tightrope and death slide, how are they set up?

AkyV
13-08-13, 07:30
It is the right thread for Death Slide (zipline) because that doesn't require TRNG:

- See the handle of the death slide eg. from TR2 Great Wall WAD. Place that on a ledge, rotating that to the outer side (i.e. where the gap is). The handle will be automatically a bit higher than the ground.
- Check Lara's death slide animations in your WAD - even the most of the TR4 WADs contain them: 214, 215, 216.
- If Lara, standing on that ledge, grabs the handle with CTRL then the handle will start sliding in the air with her. This is naturally ugly, use "rope part on which the handle is sliding" objects (eg. from Great Wall WAD), to put them where the handle moves, to simulate the look of the rope-way. (These rope objects are common Static objects.)
- Lara will release the handle everyway if her feet reaches the ground. That's why you should calculate the length of the slide this way: X clicks vertical difference between the higher and the lower stations will cause maximum X-1 squares long slide.
- Trigger the handle to move it back to the higher station, so Lara can use it again.

I knew a Tightrope setup with TRLE, but that was "only" a workaround, the TRNG Tightrope setup is better:

- TIGHT_ROPE object is a usual red pyramid nullmesh. So use any red pyramid nullmesh in that object slot - or copy that to your WAD from the WAD of Chronicles demo project of Paolone.
- You need two TIGHT_ROPE nullmeshes, placing them two different, opposite edges on the gap, on the floor square of the edge, on the same vertical level. The tips of the pyramids must indicate towards each other.
- The imaginary line between the two tips will be the balance beam in the game. Just as I said at the death slide, use PLANT0 Static objects of the demo WAD in this line, to simulate how the way look in the game. (Or use PARALLEL_BARS object instead of PLANT0 - so Lara will be able to use this horizontal rope even for swinging in the game, if you want.)
- That imaginary line must be perpendicular to that edge of the gap, at both nullmeshes.
- Lara can step on the rope at any of those nullmeshes, hitting CTRL. After that, release CTRL and use arrows to move her or to make her regain the balance. If she reaches the other ledge, she will stop balancing automatically, and you can move her again as usual.
- That demo WAD contains the proper animations: from 446 to 459. - Probably you need to correct them a bit:

a, Some sound slots may miss from the AnimCommand panel.
b, Accel for Animation 458 must be 0.

- See NG Center OCB list: if you type the same OCB number for both pyramids then you can control the difficulty of the balance for that line.
- You can enable/disable the tightrope.
If you disable it then use eg. a flipmap or an ACTION trigger to remove PLANT0 objects and activate an A77.
If you enable it again then move PLANT0 back and activate an A78.

Attention - each A77/A78 works only for a given pyramid, so it will disable/enable the rope only if Lara steps on the rope from the distance of the nullmesh you defined in the trigger.

Tombraider95
13-08-13, 09:39
Is it possible to trigger something when standing on a falling block, with the dummy trigger underneath??

rufierto
13-08-13, 17:26
Thank you AkyV, looking into Paolones tutorial.:jmp:

AkyV
14-08-13, 06:18
Is it possible to trigger something when standing on a falling block, with the dummy trigger underneath??

Dummy is not important now. It is not a Twoblock platform where you may need to distinguish the "solid" function (Dummy) from the activation (Trigger).
So feel free to use Trigger instead of Dummy - and now you can overlap any other Trigger with it, as usual.

Note: due to technical reasons, use One Shot for the block Trigger.

THOR2010
15-08-13, 00:00
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1176/y5m8.png
what would cause scrolling textures on the horizon? they're not placed on a waterfall object either!

Niveus
15-08-13, 00:03
http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1176/y5m8.png
what would cause scrolling textures on the horizon? they're not placed on a waterfall object either!

Are any of those horizon textures bigger than the waterfall texture? I should say, you're sure the waterfall texture is the biggest/first texture in the WAD?

THOR2010
15-08-13, 01:30
completely forgot about that! thank you

SrDanielPonces
15-08-13, 12:49
Guys, I need help ><'

In my project, I am using a pair of RAISING_BLOCKs for a secret room, but, I can't place two antitrigger on the same square...
It says: Cannot overlab special triggers.

Any suggestions?

Titak
15-08-13, 13:34
Only one of the triggers has to be an anti-trigger.
The rest can be normal triggers.
Because that one trigger is an anti-trigger, the rest of the placed triggers will act as anti-triggers as well. :D

SrDanielPonces
15-08-13, 13:50
Ohhh, okay ^^

Didn't know that ! Thx ! ^^

Another Question: How can I Trigger a text in the middle of a level?

Titak
15-08-13, 15:01
Another Question: How can I Trigger a text in the middle of a level?Paolone has a tutorial level about fonts (texts) .
Have you studied that?
Because there are different ways of triggering text, all depending on what you want it to look like.

Oh shoo... spilled water over my keyboard... :hea:

SrDanielPonces
15-08-13, 15:19
Oh shoo... spilled water over my keyboard... :hea:

Once I spit cafe to the computer o-o

rufierto
15-08-13, 16:01
How do I add Lara animations 446-459 to a wad I am using. I can export them into the mesh folder, but when I try to import them into the new wad It crashes with :hea: 'Runtime error '9' Subscript out of range. I tried replacing just Lara in wadmerger, but it changes her clothes. This is my first time trying to mess with animations. Help please.:confused:

A_De
15-08-13, 16:25
^ if your Lara does not have animations with such numbers you'll have to create them manually via animation editor in wadmerger. Then you will be able to replace with those you want. Be careful as you can not delete animations.

rufierto
15-08-13, 17:05
Add!!!! That is how to add the animation slots. Got it, thank you:yah:

rufierto
15-08-13, 18:24
ok, I have her walking across the tight rope, but she never slips, Ropes are set on 1 ocb, and at the end of the rope she keeps walking, and I have made sure all animations have the correct next animation. More help please. Both tight rope null meshes are facing each other. Once this is set in motion, I can put down the controller and there goes, walking an infinite tight rope.

AkyV
15-08-13, 19:09
Yes, you are right. You must check the values in Animation Editor, in the right bottom window: next animation, state ID etc.
First of all, see the values of the original WAD, then adjust them in your WAD. (Except: as I said, Anim458 Accel must be 0.)

The reason is sometimes those values will change if you copy an animation.

rufierto
15-08-13, 19:50
And if all those values are correct, and she still tightropes nonstop, without slipping, or me touching the controls.:confused:

AkyV
15-08-13, 20:06
One more tip:
Check AnimCommands window (button is above, with 0101 etc. numbers on it) in Aniamtion Editor, with all those animations. Sometimes, if you copy an animation, then AnimCommands won't be pasted.

rufierto
15-08-13, 20:45
Nope those are good too. Is there something that needs to be added to the script? The tutorial level did not help. According to animation watcher , animation 446 and 448 are missing state changes I think. says NStateChanges

Joey79100
15-08-13, 21:44
I'll post this here even if I started in the TRNG section, because it isn't related to TRNG at all...

Well, this problem with pushable blocks is more weird than I thought. O_O

Remember: I changed the "ending" of the block pushing/pulling animations (animations 417, 418, when you leave stop pressing the key). Now it has only ONE frame, as it's linked to other animations where Lara is at the centor of the sector.
I made it to avoid a bug with cameras, now it only goes behind Lara like it should.
But, since I did this, I have a bug: I can't push or pull a block more than once (actually I can continue to push it if I keep pressing the UP key, but it doesn't work with pulling, she stops anyways...).

--------------------

Actually, I saw that after they got pushed or pulled, they weren't exactly in the middle of the sector as they were before pushing (I can see it easily, they fit exactly in a TRLE square).
So I thought it was because of one of the bugs of WadMerger, because you know, sometimes it deletes the last frame of some animations, and it creates troubles with StateID changes for example. But for the pushable blocks, it seemed it also needed to have an precise frame number.

So I replaced the animation 120, 121, 122 and 123 with the ones of an original Wad.
But it didn't work...

Then, I saw something very weird. Here's what I did:
1) I push one block. As I told before, I can't move it again afterwards.
2) Then, I push another one.
3) And what do I see? The first block has moved while I was moving the second one. He moved exactly the same way, in the same direction, with the same speed... Like if the two blocks were only one.
4) So I wanted to see if it's in the middle of the sector, but it still has the "too much space" it shouldn't have.
5) Then I found that the collision box (of the first block) remained at the same place it was before I move the second block. Only the mesh has moved.

--------------------

Now I replaced also the animations 417 and 418 with the original ones. And I saw that HERE, the pushblock gets replaced at the right position... Okay. And it's made directly, not progressively. But it seems it doesn't happens at the first frame, but just after.

Finally, I try to keep only the two first frames of the original animations. And guess what? It works!
So these animations (417 and 418) need to have at least two frames for the block to work correctly... Again a hardcoded effect, I hate them! x)

Well, at least I know from where it comes, and I discovered something, it's always good lol. But this bug with the camera came back, and it's for a very short time but eventually it looks more ugly...
Maybe it's possible to disable this camera effect? Or to move the correction of the position of the block to the first frame of the animations 417 and 418... But if so, how? :confused:

rufierto
15-08-13, 22:42
Update on the tight rope, I can now get her to slip and fall off of the tight rope, but when she reaches the nullmesh on the other side, she keeps going on the tightrope, The points of the nullmeshes are on the same height and pointed towards each other, and the same 0 ocb. I just need the animation to end now.

rufierto
15-08-13, 23:33
Thanks for the help AkyV, I got it working now. wew....that took all day.

DJ Full
16-08-13, 08:35
I knew about the bump map limit, but I had no idea there is a texture sound limit as well, and I've just hit it. Is there any way to force texture sound assign to more than 255?

Joey79100
16-08-13, 13:20
One more tip:
Check AnimCommands window (button is above, with 0101 etc. numbers on it) in Aniamtion Editor, with all those animations. Sometimes, if you copy an animation, then AnimCommands won't be pasted.

Nope. The AnimCommands are always copied correctly, and anyway it can't be the reason of Lara not wanting to stop to play on the tightrope. :p
Though, the StateID changes must be the problem. They're never copied when using simple Copy/Paste. Even with the TRW files way, the StateID changes won't be kept, and they are the ones which permit Lara to perform another animation than the one she's performing. Here, to stop the tightrope mode to come back to the normal standing animation. ;)

One way to copy animations not losing StateID changes is the .ANI file way. Go here for a tutorial (http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=37) if you don't know how it works. ;)

Another way is to add them manually. The button is near the animation commands, it's the button with "1 -> 2".
I think you should check the original Wad where you picked the animations to see if the StateID changes are missing in you Wad, and then you can add them. :)

rufierto
16-08-13, 17:59
It was the stateId changes...

Eden95
16-08-13, 18:02
I've created a new Sound loop in my level for some ambient music coming from a building (So I'm not using audio because the level already has audio and I don't want the music following Lara everywhere)

It's 8 seconds long, (and that shouldn't be too long considering I have a rather long sound file of a heartbeat playing whenever Lara is on low health.)

I replaced the helicopter loop with it ( l_chop )

Every time I place it in my level and try to load it, the level crashes. It only happens after placing it, and if I remove the sound, the crashing persists until I delete it from my samples folder, but then works fine even if I add it back in. I created it from 3 different sound files, and merged them into a loop in Audacity.
I made sure the format is 16-bit PCM, and the project rate is 22050HZ. I'm not sure what's wrong with it...

Thanks in advance for any advice that can be given.

Xopax
16-08-13, 19:12
Hey guys i am having a problem with the horizon that i made.
The problem is that the horizon have holes in it. :(
Here's a screen:

http://imageshack.us/a/img41/3048/wwg3.png

Any help?

dream raider
16-08-13, 19:59
Are there any released levels using the "TressFX" hair for Lara? Just curious! :D

Lwmte
16-08-13, 20:16
I've created a new Sound loop in my level... It's 8 seconds long, (and that shouldn't be too long considering I have a rather long sound file of a heartbeat playing whenever Lara is on low health.)There is an old (and yet not extended in TRNG) TR4 engine limit for samples - if your sample file is larger than 256 kbytes, engine will simply crash. Hence, limit is not related to length of your sample, it only depends on how large is the file itself - so maybe that's why your heartbeat sound is still playing without crashes. TREP had patch for extending sample memory up to 1 mbyte, and, as far as I know, Delta ported this patch to FLEP (but unfortunately, patch link is broken for now).

AkyV
16-08-13, 20:22
It was the stateId changes...

Damn, of course it were the StateID changes...
Sorry, rufierto I indicated the wrong button...

@Joey79100
Thanks for sharing that info, but I know how that works.:)
I was just thoughtless and suggested the wrong button for rufierto.
The other button, just next to that...

DJ Full
16-08-13, 20:23
@Eden95,

try dividing the sample into 2 parts and trigger them constantly one after another using the Organizer=1, FO_LOOP.

Joey79100
16-08-13, 20:50
Here's the last version of FLEP I downloaded (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ok4tp4nv7t18m4/40K01Ca7gh). It's from the 30th January.

You can try to make accelerate the music (the sound file) and to slow it down to the original speed with the Pitch parameter in the Sounds.txt file (or using Screamer or whatever you use to edit your SFX). It will make a lighter size for the soundfile, it's always better. ^^
You'll lose quality, but it could sound even better with a low quality as it's only a music coming from a building. Look at TR6, they made this once (well, in a hidden part of the first level...). The sound sample was 8000Khz and it sounded good. :D

Maybe it's another problem, I remember having sounds not playing once because Audacity gave tags to the Wav file. And when they were removed, all the sounds came back. You can look on this side too. :)

@AkyV: Only the first sentence was for you, the rest was for rufierto. :p

Eden95
16-08-13, 23:44
There is an old (and yet not extended in TRNG) TR4 engine limit for samples - if your sample file is larger than 256 kbytes, engine will simply crash. Hence, limit is not related to length of your sample, it only depends on how large is the file itself - so maybe that's why your heartbeat sound is still playing without crashes. TREP had patch for extending sample memory up to 1 mbyte, and, as far as I know, Delta ported this patch to FLEP (but unfortunately, patch link is broken for now).

Thanks for the information, it is greater than 256kb, but the heartbeat sound effect is enormous I just noticed, strangely it's fine with the script command.

@Eden95,

try dividing the sample into 2 parts and trigger them constantly one after another using the Organizer=1, FO_LOOP.

Good idea, I'll try that out perhaps, or maybe attempt to reduce the file's size somehow...

Here's the last version of FLEP I downloaded (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ok4tp4nv7t18m4/40K01Ca7gh). It's from the 30th January.

You can try to make accelerate the music (the sound file) and to slow it down to the original speed with the Pitch parameter in the Sounds.txt file (or using Screamer or whatever you use to edit your SFX). It will make a lighter size for the soundfile, it's always better. ^^
You'll lose quality, but it could sound even better with a low quality as it's only a music coming from a building. Look at TR6, they made this once (well, in a hidden part of the first level...). The sound sample was 8000Khz and it sounded good. :D

Maybe it's another problem, I remember having sounds not playing once because Audacity gave tags to the Wav file. And when they were removed, all the sounds came back. You can look on this side too. :)

Oh sorry I didn't notice your response D:
That actually sounds like a good plan, I'll give it a shot. Perhaps if I double speed and then halve pitch?

EDIT: I tried it out, no matter what pitch it's at it simply refuses to play at all, the file is 174KB and I sped it up by 100%, also the menu sounds dissappear in the level while the file is in the samples folder...

RoxasKennedy
17-08-13, 00:15
Pretty simple problem.

http://i.imgur.com/A0hz5VL.jpg

It looks like as if lens flare effect is coming out of the wall, instead of out of the sky. How do I fix this? :p

Joey79100
17-08-13, 02:30
[NL] button, near Water, Reflection, Outside, the Room Buttons, and all this stuff. :D

AkyV
17-08-13, 09:57
@AkyV: Only the first sentence was for you, the rest was for rufierto. :p

Oh, I see... :) :tmb:

Mytly
17-08-13, 18:59
Does anyone know of a simple, easy-to-follow tutorial for retexturing objects in StrPix? Something like a Texturing-For-Dummies, because every time I try to use that program, I feel like a complete moron, as I can't make it do anything I want it to. :hea: :o

Yes, I've seen this one (http://www.skribblerz.com/strpixtut1.htm), but I need something more comprehensive than that. For example, something that explains how to texture an object with high-res textures. Every time I try to do that, the object looks fine when I save it in StrPix, but when I re-open the wad or use it in the Editor, it has weird lines on it. :confused:

rufierto
17-08-13, 19:00
I have added the burning torch item and when I light a torch, and leave the sound area of the flame I lit the torch from, I hear a rattling noise, not the l_fire loop noise I am supposed to be hearing. :huh: Any ideas????

matrix54
18-08-13, 18:49
That is the sound your hearing. It loops improperly.

-------------------------------------------------------

What if "Silence of the Lambs" was a trle level. :eek:

Eden95
18-08-13, 18:57
Pretty simple problem.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A0hz5VL.jpg[IMG]

It looks like as if lens flare effect is coming out of the wall, instead of out of the sky. How do I fix this? :p

Do you want it in the centre of the sky above Lara?
If so, place this entry into your level's script:

LensFlare= 52224,-500000,52224,255,255,255

You can adjust some of the values if you don't want it exactly in the centre.
The first value is for the y axis, then z axis, then x axis. The other 3 values are RGB, so changing green and red could make it more yellow or more orange (:

If you simply don't want the lensflare in that room, click NL (Next to the outside, reflective, water etc buttons.

Hope that helps :D

rufierto
18-08-13, 21:58
That is the sound your hearing. It loops improperly.

-------------------------------------------------------

What if "Silence of the Lambs" was a trle level. :eek:
And how do I make it loop properly. I have tested, and if I just put down the sound effect itself without the torch, it plays fine, but once I light a torch, it is messed up??

Erogan
18-08-13, 23:03
Are there any released levels using the "TressFX" hair for Lara? Just curious! :D

I also want new hair :(

matrix54
21-08-13, 01:33
...aaaaaaaand Trsearch is dead.

That, or it hates me.

Dustie
21-08-13, 09:36
...aaaaaaaand Trsearch is dead.

That, or it hates me.

Almost got a heart attack. It's working for me now?

Titak
21-08-13, 09:43
Working for me as well.
So I guess it is back up and running? :confused:

Mytly
21-08-13, 19:02
Does anyone know of a simple, easy-to-follow tutorial for retexturing objects in StrPix? Something like a Texturing-For-Dummies, because every time I try to use that program, I feel like a complete moron, as I can't make it do anything I want it to. :hea: :o

Yes, I've seen this one (http://www.skribblerz.com/strpixtut1.htm), but I need something more comprehensive than that. For example, something that explains how to texture an object with high-res textures. Every time I try to do that, the object looks fine when I save it in StrPix, but when I re-open the wad or use it in the Editor, it has weird lines on it. :confused:
Any help here, folks? :o

Titak
21-08-13, 21:01
Every time I try to do that, the object looks fine when I save it in StrPix, but when I re-open the wad or use it in the Editor, it has weird lines on it. I don't understand this part... :o

Here's what I always do:

Import the new (high-res) textures into a simple wad (containing only the object you want to texture) using WADMerger - Add Texture.
Save the wad and open it in STRPix.
Then texture the object with the newly imported textures, following that tutorial basically.

Not sure where those lines come from in your case.
Objects, well, the texturing on them, can look less good when viewed in STRPix or the editor.
Have you seen the object ingame?
And if so, are the lines still there then?

teme9
22-08-13, 07:28

The lines might come from atleast two reasons I know of:

1. When importing texture with wadmerger - if it doesn't do it in peace it might leave some black lines to the imported texture (I suggest to do nothing while it is importing texture to a wad)

2. Importing texture in Strpix. Importing wrong size texture can cause odd colours and lines to the texture. So if you export texture from strpix keep using the same size as the exported texture is.

There isn't many tutorials available about texturing strpix but this guide might help you: :D

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=193534

(there is about texturing at the very end.)

The tutorial needs a slight update though! I haven't gotten it done yet though. This method doesn't need editwad anymore so that is something that I should update on the tutorial + I need to finish it someday. But I hope that is helpful!

And before jumping into that tutorial I suggest to learn the buttons and key configuration for basic texturing in Strpix (cutting, mirroring, rotating etc) :D

Mytly
23-08-13, 17:01
Import the new (high-res) textures into a simple wad (containing only the object you want to texture) using WADMerger - Add Texture.

D'oh! http://forum.trle.net/images/smilies/hammer.gif I had no idea I needed to add the texture via WadMerger. No wonder I've been having problems. :o Thank you! :)

2. Importing texture in Strpix. Importing wrong size texture can cause odd colours and lines to the texture. So if you export texture from strpix keep using the same size as the exported texture is.
Yes, I think that's where I've been going wrong. I've been trying to add larger textures directly via Strpix instead of via WadMerger, as Titak pointed out above. :o

There isn't many tutorials available about texturing strpix but this guide might help you: :D

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=193534

(there is about texturing at the very end.)

The tutorial needs a slight update though! I haven't gotten it done yet though. This method doesn't need editwad anymore so that is something that I should update on the tutorial + I need to finish it someday. But I hope that is helpful!

And before jumping into that tutorial I suggest to learn the buttons and key configuration for basic texturing in Strpix (cutting, mirroring, rotating etc) :D
That looks complex! :eek:

Thanks! :)

SrDanielPonces
23-08-13, 19:55
Guys, I have a question....
I am gonna RIP some objects from HP2, but, I only can rip to the 3ds Format... Is there any way to make those objects work on TRLE?

A_De
23-08-13, 20:57
^ why not to open those objects in meta to save them for TR? The texturing in strpix might be complicated though.
Btw, what is HP2?

KurtisandLara
23-08-13, 21:00
Hey :wve: Is there a tutorial on how to setup the sennet(?) puzzle from TR4 up? The ones that require the game pieces and such.

SrDanielPonces
23-08-13, 21:02
^ why not to open those objects in meta to save them for TR? The texturing in strpix might be complicated though.
Btw, what is HP2?

I can only rip them to .3ds format...
But Krystian already helped me ! :)

HP2 = Harry Potter 2

Joey79100
24-08-13, 15:11
I guess there's a way to make them look better, but I can't find a solution... :confused:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tr601u2n8llxe0z/shot017.bmp
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgcq0w32j4h9p79/shot020.bmp

I don't wanna use the classic waterfalls as they would look weird mixed with the smoke_emitters... And using only classic and limited waterfalls is silly when you know you can easily make them look realistic with almost no limit. :D
Any idea? :o

Titak
24-08-13, 16:19
^
I've mixed object waterfalls with those smoke-emitter effects.
Because I thought that only the smoke-emitters made my waterfalls look too light and vapourish.

Another thing I've done is use smoke-emitters using a smokey sprite AND using similar smoke-emitters using a sprite with white specs, like water spatter, on it. :D

Joey79100
24-08-13, 18:12
Actually, forget about it. I just realized that I'd need to raise the level of the water for the puzzle I'm preparing, so actually the water will just fall onto water instead of solid floor (so the mist will be set in another easier way), and for the upper part (the first screen) think I can find a way to make it look better too... Combining several smoke_emitters for waterfalls is a good way to make them look realistic. :D
But maybe I'll make classic waterfalls for somewhere else... Probably mixed with the smoke_emitters, who know? :p

I have some other questions... maybe it will require TRNG, but I'm not sure (then sorry if it's the wrong section). Is it possible to add drips to Lara when she goes through the waterfall? And why not a "splash" sound? It's only for effect, it's not important so it doesn't really matter if I don't have it.

The other thing is a serious bug I'm having with flipmaps. In the normal room, I have a grid above the water, but a part of it is lowered. In the flipped room, the grid is all at the same level because of the water. Here's a better explanation:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhd5w38i9zis1dh/t_op.bmp

In the normal room, Lara can walk on the grid, climb it... All is working correctly.
But in this flipped room, the Toggle Opacity doesn't work: I have textures but no collision, like if I was using Toggle Opacity 2, but I'm not! I tried to deactivate it and reactivate it, but it doesn't work either... What's happening? It's the first time it happens for me. :confused:

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved... I don't know how or why, but it works correctly now.

Titak
24-08-13, 18:55
Splash sound is possible (already implemented into my own level) but I'm not sure about the drips.

aidanmalone
25-08-13, 10:30
Hello! Is it any way possible to change Laras outfit mid level?

An example would be the 2 Chinese outfits from HG

She would be running around gearless and then get changed into her gear and boots version :)

TR-Freak
25-08-13, 10:34
TRNG provides a flipeffect which lets you change the whole outfit (includes skin,joints,scream and Holsters as far as i remember)

A_De
25-08-13, 10:54
TRNG seems buggy for doing that, but sure TREP also has similar feature.
I also would like to change outfit within one level, but i can't use TREP.

Joey79100
25-08-13, 11:00
There were issues when changing the skin joints, but maybe it has been fixed?
If not, you'll have to change only the textures of the joints (if I'm right), or even to make a copy your level with the new outfit.

Titak
25-08-13, 11:21
If not, you'll have to change only the textures of the joints (if I'm right)That would not help since the joints would still need to be swapped.

A full body (skin + skin-joints) meshswap is still buggy. :(
I simply tried with a recolour of an outfit and things went buggy: waist-joint stretching into infinity.

If those two Chinese outfits use the same joints, it's worth a try to only swap the skin.
If that does not work, Joey79100 is right about the copy of the level.
So that way you have a leveljump to the copy in which you use the second Chinese outfit.

It's what I'm going to do with my underwater level: first the outfit with diving gear, then the next level she has taken off the diving gear. :D

aidanmalone
25-08-13, 11:24
Thanks for the answers everyone :)
Ill try and do a bit of experimenting :)

Titak
25-08-13, 11:31
Individual meshes can be swapped without any issues btw.
I use that all the time for custom animations for custom puzzles.

It works as long as the vertices of the meshswap mesh are remapped the same as in the original mesh.
Example: hand has remapped vertices where the top of the hand connects to the wrist-joint.
The meshswap version of this hand should have those vertices remapped in the same way.

KurtisandLara
25-08-13, 14:58
This seems to have been lost in the thread, anyone know?
Hey :wve: Is there a tutorial on how to setup the sennet(?) puzzle from TR4? The ones that require the game pieces and such.

EDIT: Second question, i was scrolling through the objects list in wadmerger and found 2 items called MAP and SECRET_MAP, what are these for?

Kapu
25-08-13, 16:04
MAP and SECRET_MAP are both unused (by Core, not just removed from LE), although Pyuaumch utilized the spots with TREP for special objects. I think there's an unused DIARY slot, too. Also unused by Core.

KurtisandLara
25-08-13, 16:22
MAP and SECRET_MAP are both unused (by Core, not just removed from LE), although Pyuaumch utilized the spots with TREP for special objects. I think there's an unused DIARY slot, too. Also unused by Core.
Ah i see...There seems to be alot of unused slots now that i actually looked over every object slot, would be nice to maybe use some of these slots one day.

raiderromero
25-08-13, 20:23
whenever paolone wants to, they will have an use:D

LadyCupcake
28-08-13, 21:05
Is there no way to change the lighting of a static which was imported in strpix as moveable? I mean it keeps the colour of the room ambient light with some shadows.. But can't the colour be changed somehow?

Tombraider95
28-08-13, 21:19
Is there no way to change the lighting of a static which was imported in strpix as moveable? I mean it keeps the colour of the room ambient light with some shadows.. But can't the colour be changed somehow?

If you open the Wad in Strpix. Then go on the edit tab, and click on change lighting (something), you can change it to Moveable or Static.

If the static is selected for example (got the dot on the name), it means it's in the Moveable state. Visa Versa.

LadyCupcake
28-08-13, 21:24
If you open the Wad in Strpix. Then go on the edit tab, and click on change lighting (something), you can change it to Moveable or Static.

If the static is selected for example (got the dot on the name), it means it's in the Moveable state. Visa Versa.

But I need it in Moveable as I applied shine.. is there no way to change the lighting on it while keeping it a moveable?

Niveus
28-08-13, 21:27

I also believe there is a "BUTTERFLY" somewhere, which wasn't used. These slots can be used for things like meshswaps when you're running out of room, providing TRNG is being used. :D

Tombraider95
28-08-13, 21:27
But I need it in Moveable as I applied shine.. is there no way to change the lighting on it while keeping it a moveable?

Oh I see. The only thing I can think of is lighting the textures of the object, and then retexturing it, but that might be too complex depending on the object.

Titak
29-08-13, 16:45
But I need it in Moveable as I applied shine.. is there no way to change the lighting on it while keeping it a moveable?Nope. :(

An object imported as moveable into a moveable slot is the only way to have shine and have the object react to more lighting other than ambience and fire/flares.
An object imported as moveable into a static slot can have shine but it's lighting can't be adjusted like with an object imported as static into a static slot. Well, as you foudn out already...

Too bad you can't light an object imported as moveable into a static slot like you can with "normal" statics. :(

Hold on...
Can an object imported as static into a moveable slot have shine?
If so, then you could try that because you can light moveables when the object was imported as static. I did that once with custom teethspikes.

A_De
29-08-13, 19:47
Can an object imported as static into a moveable slot have shine?
If so, then you could try that because you can light moveables when the object was imported as static. I did that once with custom teethspikes.

IMO, it's better to avoid using such a non-typical statics in game, because they often cause crashes.

Titak
30-08-13, 17:10
^
I've never had crashes due to such objects. :confused:

The thing were it often went wrong with previous STRPix versions was that you could accidentally apply shiny texture to statics and shine on statics would cause the crash.
The current STRPix version gives a warning when this happens and I think, but not 100% sure, that TRNG sort of ignores shiny textures on statics so it does not crash.

A_De
30-08-13, 19:59
I probably did something wrong then. My game had random crashes and i also could not add a room with sertain number, and all that was happen because of only one static I took from Chronicles. Can't remember if it was modified or not, but sure there was movable type of lightning.

ggctuk
30-08-13, 21:30
Does anybody know of a quicker way to 'break up' textures that have been UV mapped?

tomb2player
30-08-13, 23:30
Can i make that " TROOPS " enemy ( These guys from one of Giza levels in tr4 ) will attack Lara as soon as he see her, and prevent him to shoot other enemies? I'm affraid it's hardcoded and can't be changed... :(

raiderromero
30-08-13, 23:47
better use a sas instead

tomb2player
31-08-13, 00:08
I'm already using sas, this would be extra slot for other enemy.

A_De
31-08-13, 05:42
Does anybody know of a quicker way to 'break up' textures that have been UV mapped?

if i understand you correctly, trviewer can import uv-mapped meshes into tr4. Then if you pull that object to wad you'll see the textures are cut to pieces. However, they will be messed in wad, so they have to be resized and applied manually.

May be Blender also can help, look at tutorials.

Titak
31-08-13, 14:01
Did you know that you can assign footstep effects to the footsteps of enemies as well?
I didn't and I just tested it on my BADDY_1 and it works! So now my baddy's footsteps also sound grassy/sandy/whatever when he runs across textures with those sounds assigned. :yah:

KurtisandLara
31-08-13, 14:57
How do you do that Titak!? I've never seen the option D:!

A_De
31-08-13, 15:16
@Titak: I was just thinking about this during experiments with footstep sounds. Is that made with playeffect anim commands?
Btw, what is the maximum number of footstep sound types we can have per level?

Titak
31-08-13, 17:05
^
Indeed with the Play Effect animcommand. :D

There are only 6 lines for footsteps effects and then there's ofcourse the line for the default footsteps. So I'd say 7 in total.
It is not possible to make other sounds play as footsteps effects I think.
Sometimes I wish we could have more though. :(

tomb2player
31-08-13, 18:34
Is it possible to remove sprite from enemy's gunfire? Or move it to the right position? :(

A_De
31-08-13, 19:01
^ that's not a sprite, but an object Gunflash in a wad. You can apply a transparent texture to it, but it affects also Lara's gunflashes. To move gunflash to correct position you can look for Sapper's tutorials about TrWad reorganizer:
www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=192171

Dino14
31-08-13, 19:02
I have question about metasequoia. Is there any way to get mesh snap to grid when I scale mesh in UV mapping. When I move vertices snap thing working but when I scale it doesn't work.

tomb2player
31-08-13, 19:55
Thanks A_DE for this program, i will check it soon. But now another question: Is it possible to remove, let's call it " the second gun fire " sound which appear together with normal pistol sound ( LARA_FIRE, sample: magnum ) ? I couldn't find this sound in samples folder, so i think it's hard coded :(

Titak
31-08-13, 20:02
It's the explosion sound.
You can get rid of it by replacing the explosion sound with a silent sample but then you can't have any explosions in your level either. (including explosive ammo and SAS firing grenades)

Another way is by using either TREP or FLEP.
They both have a patch with which you can omit that sound from playing. :D

tomb2player
31-08-13, 20:10
Ok it's working now tnx :D

TR-Freak
01-09-13, 06:37
Does someone have an original TR1 Outfit ?
I can't find one:o

KurtisandLara
01-09-13, 10:41
I believe this is what you want, http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1568.

Titak
01-09-13, 11:05
Did you know that you can assign footstep effects to the footsteps of enemies as well?
I didn't and I just tested it on my BADDY_1 and it works! So now my baddy's footsteps also sound grassy/sandy/whatever when he runs across textures with those sounds assigned. :yah:Doesn't seem to work with the "water footstep" effect though.
My baddy is running through a 1-click deep pool and there's no splashing sound, only the sound of the texture at the bottom of the pool.

It's as if the game does not register the fact that the baddy is walking in water.
Come to think of it... I've never seen a baddy make splashes in water either.
Adn they can go and walk onto the bottom of a waterroom as well. So, yeah, water isn't registered. Too bad really. :(

Uzi master
01-09-13, 21:57
You could add the water footstep sound to the animation separate from the other sounds and use the option to play only in water. Not sure if it'd work, but it's worth a try.

Titak
02-09-13, 08:34
Tried that, didn't work.

DJ Full
02-09-13, 09:50
Export:

I. CONDITION. Creature. Current animation/StateID
of <#>creature is (E)animation (0-31)/(32-63)/(64-95)
[here look for StateID / animation of enemy running]

II. FLIPEFFECT. Organizer. Enable Organizer <#>
[this will control when to play water footsteps]

Link those with:
GlobalTrigger=Q, FGT_DISABLED, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, -1, I, II, -1

Organizer=#, FO_TICK_TIME, -1, X, Z, Y, Z> ;with FO_TICK_TIME You can specify which frame exactly to play the sound on, X and Y are frame intervals between footsteps, and Z is triggergroup containing exported sound flipeffect

TriggerGroup=33, $2000, 71, $1F20
this plays FOOTSTEPS_MUD (once) and is controlled by above organizer

Now Your GlobalTrigger=Q is FGT_DISABLED, and unfortunately the engine cannot check if the enemy is in water room to enable it... but put HEAVYies for "FLIPEFFECT. Enable GlobalTrigger Q" everywhere in those water rooms, and flag Your enemy with with NEF_EASY_HEAVY_ENABLING from Enemy= command, so the baddy can enable the footstep organizer for his own frames. Maybe it will work :)

Titak
02-09-13, 17:18
^
Looks like it could actually work.
I might give this a try.

I was using that custom dual gun wielding BADDY_1 but he can hurt Lara while he is not even shooting at her... :confused:
So now I am, for the first time ever, trying to make my own customized BADDY_1 by starting out with the original TR4 BADDY_1. :D
We'll see how that ends up...

TR-Freak
02-09-13, 17:47
I believe this is what you want, http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1568.
Thanks a lot :]

tomb2player
02-09-13, 19:57
I have strange problem: When i have in WAD Baddy_1, everything works good. But when i
add to the WAD Baddy_2 with other animations, Baddy_1 stops working. It has wrong animations... it seems that Baddy_1 takes animations from Baddy_2. But these are two separated slots... so why it happens? :(

matrix54
02-09-13, 20:45
^Do you have the mesh swaps in the wad, or in the correct places?

-------------------------------------

What if TRF had it's own Advent Calender? :p

tomb2player
03-09-13, 00:47
Yes, i have mesh swaps. It's strange - If there is in WAD only Baddy_1 , it works, but when i add Baddy_2, it don't... all Baddy_1 animations are messed, but in Baddy_2 everything is ok. In my opinion it looks like all animations from Baddy_2 are transfered to Baddy_1 slot and this is problem, but these are two separated slots, so it doesn't make sense... Could someone download those two enemies and test it for me? i'm curious if this problem appear only on my computer or others too. It's Baddy_1 from BtB2010 WAD: http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3393, and this Baddy_2 : http://www.trsearch.org/Items/350. Both has different animations but it shouldn't matter, because baddy1 and 2 are separated slots...

Problem seems that Baddy_2 object affects in some way Baddy_1 slot and changing it's animations while both in one WAD... Something like those two slots are connected in each other in some way...

Uzi master
03-09-13, 05:22
There's no way around it that I know of, if you want Baddy_1 and Baddy_2 slots in your level they're going to have to share the same animations.

TheTiger
03-09-13, 14:35
What if TRF had it's own Advent Calender? :p

Keep talking. :pi:
Yet i think it won't work well here. :p

Besides, it is pretty much work and most members help the other calendars allready... :o
So i think it would be better to join the other calendars instead of making a new one, to create the best calendars possible. :p

DJ Full
03-09-13, 22:46
Could I have an explanation from some kind builder about how the smallmedi rotation works? There's no functioning script command designed to customize the axes, and so far I'm doing plain trial and error, apparently getting not really good results :o

Soul
03-09-13, 22:48
Keep talking. :pi:
Yet i think it won't work well here. :pI'd say the more the merrier :D

DJ Full
04-09-13, 00:06
I'd say the more the merrier :DMerrier Xmas I presume? :D

In addition to what I asked about 2 posts ago: what is it about with those ice footstep sounds? fs_ice and fs_ice2 are definitely present in the sample folder, but neither NG_Center, nor sounds.txt has their indices listed. What can I do to make them work? I properly assigned footsteps for marble, even though there's a "(hardcoded)" warning next to their effect name and the situation seems analogic.

A_De
04-09-13, 11:39
^ can't you just replace samples themselves? For example if you don't use the gravel sounds in your level you can assign gravel sounds to ice texture and then replace gravel samples with icy sounds.

Recently found a way to get rid of hardcoded step sound overlay: just replaced animcommand Play sound 0 with PlayEffect stepsound for all animations, and then assigned marble sound to concrete textures. Of cource, i had to use new samples as a "marble".

Niveus
04-09-13, 14:41
^ can't you just replace samples themselves? For example if you don't use the gravel sounds in your level you can assign gravel sounds to ice texture and then replace gravel samples with icy sounds.

Recently found a way to get rid of hardcoded step sound overlay: just replaced animcommand Play sound 0 with PlayEffect stepsound for all animations, and then assigned marble sound to concrete textures. Of cource, i had to use new samples as a "marble".

Oh my god that's made me so happy! Why didn't I ever think of that? It's a bit of work but the results are well worth it, I have some just awesome wooden footstep sounds. Thank you.

DJ Full
04-09-13, 16:35
Thank You A_De :) Unfortunately I'm using gravel, but that ice footstep isn't that necessary. I'm just finishing that level and I wanted to have some knowledge useful for the next part :) Yep, there will be ice :D

SrDanielPonces
04-09-13, 21:15
Hi ! :wve:

I'm exporting some objects from the original Harry Potter 3 Game, to my project, and I have some problems...
A guy who works on HP Editor, he helped me how to rip the objects, sounds, textures, etc...

And he gave me a program to export objects.

I am now ripping an animation object with animations (most of them have anims)

There's a print of the object:

http://i.imgur.com/a2onEYA.png

I did exported the object with the animations.
The meshes, animation and the textures are all seperated, so I used a plugin to open the meshes and the animations on 3ds... But I'm not sure if it did load the textures.

http://i.imgur.com/bNFygUB.png

Then, I export the object by clicking on the "export" button.
Then, I open the wad I want on TRViewer... But when I load the object, It just don't open...
There are some prints:

http://i.imgur.com/I9vHQss.png

It says that there are 2 meshes, but I don't know how can I edit them and make one single mesh... :confused:

Thanks for help !

TR-Freak
07-09-13, 09:18
Hey there,

It's not really a problem, but somehow my water doesn't have waves.
Upper dry room is R3 and the water room is W3.
any suggestions?

Soul
07-09-13, 09:25
Are both sides of the water textured? In order to have waves one mustn't do this. Instead, texture only one side, but make the textures double-sided :)
(you can apply the black-colour (= sky-texture) to the other side.

SrDanielPonces
07-09-13, 15:04
Guys I really need help I'm in need of those objects... :hug:

Titak
07-09-13, 16:24

It says that there are 2 meshes, but I don't know how can I edit them and make one single mesh... :confused:Only one mesh should have both position and rotation keys assigned, and this mesh is the root mesh. Like Lara's butt mesh is her root mesh.
All other meshes should only have rotation keys assigned.

Not sure if this is what that error means though...

Perhaps the mesh tree needs to be reorganised. But no idea how to do that in 3DS.

Considering the object... you might have been better off trying to rebuild the object in Meta...
That cage should be easy.
And for the spider you could use the small TR2 spider enemy as a base.
That spider could then be copied into an animating slot, animated (walking around inside cage?) and then placed inside the cage object in the prj. Cage and spider are seperate objects.

SrDanielPonces
07-09-13, 19:51
^

I'll try :)

I still didn't read the meta tutorials... I'll read them later ;)

TR-Freak
08-09-13, 06:35
don't some Objects have a "root" (at coordinate 0,0,0) and a "base" (like lara's Hips) ?
There should be only a base mesh.
As for the textures: I have no idea, I have this message very often when opening Objects into TRViewer. That's why I only import animations with TRViewer:tea:

Just another question:
In TR2 and TR1, the game had a special camera. You can see it for example in Temple of Xian when you slide down the waterfall in the beginning.
The Camera first works like a fixed camera, but after a short time, the camera changes to the normal view fluently, without a cut like in TRLE.
Can we reproduce this?

Kapu
08-09-13, 06:46
i always liked the way those cameras zoomed in like that. it's been a long time so i don't exactly remember and i'm too tired to test it out right now, but i think you can recreate the effect with a fly-by camera using OBCs 0, 3, 4 and 5. the setup is the same as a camera/fixed camera.

EDIT: ok decided not to be lazy and tested it. that method does work like in TR2. :)
EDIT2: behaves a little differently than a fixed camera. drawing guns will not break the camera but pressing the look key will, but only while the look key is held down. once you release it the camera view takes back over.
EDIT3: alright so i tried to see if the camera could be held for a few seconds (ala TR2) with OBC 8 but that caused the camera to zoom in instantly without giving any far away view first. so that's a bust. but to get close to the TR2 effect you could place the triggers in a small area (single square maybe) and make them one shot. so much for not testing haha

TR-Freak
08-09-13, 07:05
Thank you, this helped a lot:hug:

sapper
08-09-13, 10:47
http://i.imgur.com/a2onEYA.png

It says that there are 2 meshes, but I don't know how can I edit them and make one single mesh... :confused:

The root mesh is a mesh that has no parent mesh in the mesh hierarchy.
Here it looks like you have two separate single meshes so both of them are root meshes. There can be only one in TR objects.

The problem with the missing texture may be that the filename of the texture doesn't match or is too long.
The texture name must be 8.3 format. I.e no more than 8 letters for the name then a '.' then the 3 letter extension.

The textures must be in one of following formats too,TGA,BMP,GIF,FLI,FLC and CEL.

Titak
08-09-13, 17:38
Right... I just recorded some footage while playing TRU (for some animations I might remake :mis:) but FRAPS recorded the screen upside down! :yik:

No idea why this is... :confused:
Or how to fix it.

But now that I have those videos... any fast way of flipping them so the right way is up?

I've never done any video editing so... :o

Niveus
08-09-13, 18:15
Did you try holding the monitor upside down while you record? :cln:
How very random.

I'm sure you have Windows Movie Maker? If you open that up, and import the video file, then you can apply an effect which will turn the video upside down. Or in this case, rectify the problem and turn it right side up. Then you can export it. (Don't "Save" - imagine the difference between "Save" and "Build WAD" in TRLE). If you need more detailed help then just ask. :D And if you can't manage it, you could upload it and I or someone else would be happy I'm sure to sort it.

EDIT: In the newer versions that come with Win7 and Win8 then it's even easier. Right click the video, hover over "Open with..." then click "Movie Maker" when it comes up. Then when it opens, on the top bar there should be "Rotate Right" and "Rotate Left" buttons. Click twice either one. Then "Save Movie" and not "Save project".

Titak
08-09-13, 18:32
^
Thanks. :D
I'll give it a try.

Mytly
09-09-13, 18:58
Just another question:
In TR2 and TR1, the game had a special camera. You can see it for example in Temple of Xian when you slide down the waterfall in the beginning.
The Camera first works like a fixed camera, but after a short time, the camera changes to the normal view fluently, without a cut like in TRLE.
Can we reproduce this?
If I understand what you mean correctly, then wouldn't this be easily doable using a fixed camera with a timed trigger?

TR-Freak
09-09-13, 19:42
If I understand what you mean correctly, then wouldn't this be easily doable using a fixed camera with a timed trigger?
not really.
Remember the huge sphinx in Sanctuary of Scion? When you were on her head, the camera slowly zooms out. I wanted to do something similar.

Niveus
09-09-13, 20:15
Does anybody know where I might find a 256x256 version of the Anniversary Croft Manor window texture? Not the Main Hall stainglass one, but the ones that feature in the Library and Gallery and Bedroom. The blue art deco type stained glass ones. The one I have is very similar but not the right one. I tried applying it but it isn't looking right... does it even exist? :confused: I suppose I will settle for a different original texture if I can't find the 256x256 one.

EDIT: And why is the mesh tree editor so buggy? Adding a new mesh has never caused me so many problems before, even in this animating it's worked a few times. But now my new meshes won't appear anymore even if WADMerger doesn't crash. :rolleyes: I wish there was something better than this program to add meshes with.

EDIT 2: Forum effect, it seems that the newly added mesh has a ridiculously high z value for its position so was whisked away miles off the grid in the Animedit. I've moved it back to zero where it should be. :p

SrDanielPonces
12-09-13, 16:56
Hi !
I have a problem with No Collisions... :/

I did just as the tutorial (http://www.tomb-raider-editor.com/english/tut-nocollision-en.php) says, but when I output wad, the editor tells it has a error.

http://i.imgur.com/zRrM29g.png

http://i.imgur.com/j980hO3.png

EDIT:

http://i.imgur.com/KDmfmLr.png

Titak
12-09-13, 17:41
Judging from the screenshots, it looks like you have done the right thing.
What is the error that the editor is giving you?

On another note:
Did you know that the ***_MIP version of BADDY_1 automatically kicks in even if you don't use the AnimatingMIP= script command?
Well, I guess there has to be an object in the BADDY_1_MIP slot for it to happen but still, the BADDY_1 is replaced with the BADDY_1_MIP when viewed from a distance.

How did I find out?
Well, I would either see a stationary, but oddly positioned, fisherman's house livingroom on the beach or I would see that same object running around. :vlol:
The livingroom object is in the BADDY_1_MIP slot.

http://www.tombraiderhub.com/dstorage/titak/MoA/baddymip.jpg

SrDanielPonces
12-09-13, 17:52
^

http://i.imgur.com/sGPTi32.png

Titak
12-09-13, 17:58
Okay, those coordinates correspond with the no-collision tile in the rooms.
(3:3 means count three from the left and three down, 2:7 means count two from the left and 7 down in the 2D grid window)
So the error is about those no-collision sectors.

You could check the X and Y coordinates of the tiles (floor tile in room1 and ceiling tile in room0) to see if they are indeed in the same spot.
If they are, you could delete the no-collision from them, make both tiles flat again, then output the wad to see if the error is still there, if not, bend the tiles and reapply the no-collision.

AkyV
12-09-13, 18:09
On another note:
Did you know that the ***_MIP version of BADDY_1 automatically kicks in even if you don't use the AnimatingMIP= script command?

I think the default MIP distances of Animating objects or enemies are all hardcoded, and AnimatingMIP command is only for changing that default value of the given Animating object.
You can change Animating/enemy MIP distance in the game, using variables:

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle3/akhiddentriggers12.htm

Chapter 4.7.

SrDanielPonces
12-09-13, 18:22
I tried Again... but It don't work...

http://i.imgur.com/6Wy8eZW.png

http://i.imgur.com/8RxpXK6.png

Niveus
12-09-13, 18:28
Did you try deleting the door and redoing it? It can be temperamental.

SrDanielPonces
12-09-13, 18:32
^

Hum. I'll try :)

Neeh, Didn't work..

DJ Full
12-09-13, 18:38
Or maybe something obvious - haven't you just confused the diagonals this way?

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/5568/4nh7.jpg

If yes, the collision is illegal because the upper and lower diagonals must match.

SrDanielPonces
12-09-13, 18:45
I'm pretty sure they are connected.

http://i.imgur.com/3PL2v6S.png

Titak
12-09-13, 18:57
I think the default MIP distances of Animating objects or enemies are all hardcoded, and AnimatingMIP command is only for changing that default value of the given Animating object.
You can change Animating/enemy MIP distance in the game, using variables:

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle3/akhiddentriggers12.htm

Chapter 4.7.Oh, I can easily get rid of it.
I was just posting it because I did not know it kicked in even without that AnimatingMIP= command.
Thanks for clearing that up though. :D

I was going to simply copy the livingroom object into another slot but perhaps I'll simply use the script then to make the distance larger.
Or those variables. :D

SrDanielPonces
13-09-13, 16:36
Ok... There is a very, Very, VERY Annoying problem... I think this level is... ahm.. buggy :mad:

115BrNOZvrA

disapearing-boy
13-09-13, 17:54
I downloaded the library.prj to study the planetarium puzzle setup but my game crashes whenever I complete the puzzle. I have not added or removed anything and I'm using the default level script.

Is this a problem due to a buggy .prj released by Core or just something on my end?:confused:

EDIT : problem solved. Library.prj is indeed flawed. Animating_4 is missing and must be placed in the room or it crashes. Works fine now. :)

Dino14
13-09-13, 18:28
@SrDanielPonces: Delete 3 from OCB setting. When you have that activated in OCB setting it tracks Lara so that could mess up the camera sequence. Be also sure that you have clicked ONE SHOT button in camera trigger.

SrDanielPonces
13-09-13, 18:49
^
Oh my, it worked ! :D
Thank you !

Underhoe
13-09-13, 23:38
Hey guys, I need some help. Thanks to PixStr I'll be able to start building again, but the last time I touched the editor was almost a year ago, and I forgot a few things. First of all, which Meta version should I download? Back then I had an old version which could also export .dxf, but it seems like Meta2TR would not be compatible with that version, am I right? Can somebody correct me, and also give me a download link so I won't mess it up, pretty please?

SrDanielPonces
14-09-13, 00:13
Hi !
I am using flipmaps for the first time.
I am reading the tutorial: http://skribblerz.com/flipmaps.htm
But I have a question...

When I click on F, I put a number 1 next to it.
The background turns black, then I change the room.
After that, I don't know how to make the background black and how to trigger the flipmap...
Any Help?

TR-Freak
14-09-13, 06:14
ALT+F switches between Flipmap and normal map.
Don't forget that you have to make your room complete (doors, objects etc.) before making a fliproom. You can't create any doors when a Room is flipped.

A_De
14-09-13, 08:21
I heard it's better to avoid using a flipmaps, but don't know why. So I would be grateful if someone describes the possible bugs with flipmaps. What is the limit for their number, etc.

And how to make Wadmerger's AI Editor work? Which item should I select to use AI Editor on?

Titak
14-09-13, 08:41
You can only have 7 flipmaps (or is it 8, also counting flipmap number 0?).
Each flipmap can contain multiple rooms. Not sure if there's a limit to the number of rooms per flipmap.

That's all I can think of right now.
I've never had issues with flipmaps, so no idea why it would be better to avoid them. :confused:

DJ Full
14-09-13, 10:38
1. One thing to bear in mind I had when using trapdoors in flipmap rooms:
- Trapdoor closure together with or after flipoff = CRASH
- Flipoff after trapdoor closure = FINE
Little thing but might be annoying. In my case the flipoff needed something around 45 frames of pause before I could close a trapdoor without causing a crash.

2. Second thing is thick-collision portals. When blowing a hole in a thick floor or wall with help of flipmap, You always need to flip both rooms at each side of the portal. Wafer-thin portals don't need it, but remember the one-side flip will only affect door opacity from one side. Might look weird if Lara e.g. crosses an opening, turns back and sees there's a grating behind her :D

3. The worst annoyment is the object limit hit in the fliproom. Let's assume You made a HUGE flipmap within a single room and suddenly - BAM! "Error: already reached max number of objects in this room" appears. You need to split the thing, what automatically deletes the flipmap - so if there was any object tinting, light change or triggers in the flipped room, they're all gone, Your multi-hour work is wasted and You need to recreate the whole thing.

4. Our editor is stupid and it can't link doors from flipmap to non-flipmap. So Your work is also wasted if You wanted a flip surrounded by connected rooms and forgot to connect doors before clicking the [F] button*.
*There's a workaround: You can flip ALL ROOMS around the flipmap - but that is rather a memory-waster.

5. Ignoring the below monit appearing when attempting to delete a room containing a flipmap:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8823/6sua.jpg

never caused any unpredictable problems to me. If someone had any, You can tell :D

That's all I could remember for now, thanks to Soul for teaching me 1/3 of this :)

disapearing-boy
14-09-13, 11:08
I heard it's better to avoid using a flipmaps, but don't know why. So I would be grateful if someone describes the possible bugs with flipmaps. What is the limit for their number, etc.

I've heard that enemies placed in flipped rooms may behave weirdly if the room changes drastically but never tested it myself. Flipmaps are a simple & effective method to create puzzles so don't avoid them.;)

Just make sure there are no enemies active to get stuck ; if you flip a room so that if a pillar raises up from the floor the enemy might be standing on that tile and get stuck in the newly formed pillar.:D

SrDanielPonces
14-09-13, 12:06
5. Ignoring the below monit appearing when attempting to delete a room containing a flipmap:

never caused any unpredictable problems to me. If someone had any, You can tell :D

That's all I could remember for now, thanks to Soul for teaching me 1/3 of this :)

Ahm, when I click Alt + F, this window opens... Is it supposed to happen? :confused:

RoxasKennedy
14-09-13, 12:15
How do you properly replace sounds in TRLE?

From what I've read, just simple replacing of sound files results in all of the sounds being mute, and I want to avoid that issue.

A_De
14-09-13, 12:25
@Titak, @DJ_Full, @disapearing-boy: thank you all :hug:
So, small or almost empty rooms without enemies can safely have flipmaps.

Still trying to mess with AI Editor but it always crashes when I hit that button. Probably it does not work at all? :confused:

SrDanielPonces
14-09-13, 13:10
I don't need help anymore...
Dennis helped me :hug:

DJ Full
14-09-13, 13:51
So, small or almost empty rooms without enemies can safely have flipmapsYou are trying to avoid crashes, don't You? Not always needed. Crashes are good, sometimes able to guide You more precisely than any of us here can. Building my last project, I had COUNTLESS crashes and they really help You to investigate the problem. Simply: there's a crash, You remove something, the crash remains, You can cross the suspected reason out. Then You remove something, the crash is gone and You can narrow the field of research. I'm saying that because, if You want to go really epic with Your levels, someday a situation might come when You WILL need a bunch of objects and enemies in an extremely large flipped room WITHOUT having any other choice. So if You will try to avoid crashes for all cost now, You might find Yourself clueless when that critical day comes. BUT if You instead learn to see a crash as a normal step of building rather than as a curse to avoid, You will be prepared for the worst: even if You one day build something unstable and crashy as hell, You WON'T think about dropping it, because You will know how to deal with it. So better not to be afraid of crashes, but just accept them as they are... and force auto-save every 20 changes, hehe :D

Still trying to mess with AI Editor but it always crashes when I hit that button. Probably it does not work at all? :confused:What AI editor? Do we have one in NGLE?

I don't need help anymore...
Dennis helped me :hug:And what did he say? Because that message definitely shouldn't appear when hitting ALT+F, so I would like to know how to troubleshoot the event if it happens here on my screen :)

disapearing-boy
14-09-13, 13:53
@Titak, @DJ_Full, @disapearing-boy: thank you all :hug:
So, small or almost empty rooms without enemies can safely have flipmaps.

Well, the simpler the better/more stable. But you can have some objects in your room, just place them only in the normal room, and they will appear in the flipped room as well.

If you want an animating object/enemy to appear in your flipped room simply place it in the normal room (invisible) and place the trigger in the flipped room. Weird things might only happen if enemies are triggered before or during the flipmaps. If the player can flip the same room multiple times then avoid enemies but not if it's permanent.

This happens in the Tomb of Set where scorpions appear after the sand fills the room but don't put them in before or they'll get stuck on the slopes:p. So just be careful with enemy placement but you can still have them.;)

Crocodiles can be placed in flooded/drained areas too like in The Cistern since they can be placed on both land and water. But a shark will keep swimming in the air!!!:yik:

In TR3's Jungle, if you trigger but don't kill the tigers and then flood the area the tigers drown. Not sure if this is a trigger to kill them or a hardcoded effect. You could have a puzzle where Lara drowns an "immortal" enemy using triggers.;)

Still trying to mess with AI Editor but it always crashes when I hit that button. Probably it does not work at all? :confused:

It's never worked for me.:o

SrDanielPonces
14-09-13, 14:02
@DJFull I didn't press Alt + F... But the flipmap works

TR-Freak
15-09-13, 10:18
just a dumb questions, but which samplefile is used for the puzzle input sound?
Is just can't find it.

Titak
15-09-13, 11:41
^
The sample itself is called amusnd.wav.

@DJFull I didn't press Alt + F... But the flipmap worksAlt+F is used to toggle between the regular room and the flipmap version of it so you can edit them.
It has nothing to do with the flipmap working ingame or not. :)

DJ Full
15-09-13, 11:45
@DJFull I didn't press Alt + F... But the flipmap worksAlt+F is used to toggle between the regular room and the flipmap version of it so you can edit them.
It has nothing to do with the flipmap working ingame or not. :)
But Daniel earlier said he presses Alt+F and gets this window.

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 11:54
^

But when I press Alt + F this window open:

I did ignore it completely... I just selected the original room, the flipped room is renamed as: "flippedmap room" (Something like that, I don't have the editor atm...)

And that's it... But the F Button is still pressed...

Titak
15-09-13, 12:09
So your editor interprets Alt F as "delete"? :confused:
Okay... that's really odd.

Btw, there's a difference between pressing that F button in the editor (so it turns black) and the F button in the Alt F combo. Alt and F are keyboard keys then.
Just saying, in case you mixed it up... ;)

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 12:26
Hum... Well I did it wrong... I though it was Alt + F On the editor not in the keyboard.

It works, but It's the same thing as I Change the room manually. :)

EDIT: How Can I add a new sound? (Not Replace one)
I tried to use an "Empty" slot on the Sounds readme (on LevelSF Creator)...
I wrote there the wav. file name, and next I copy-pasted those numbers (I don't know what they means, just that the #g means all the levels)...
But Sound Maganer Don't recognize the sound... Did I something wrong? Probably, I didn't find that tut on Skribblerz...

Titak
15-09-13, 13:34
You can't add new soundslots.
You can only change the samples that the slots use.

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 13:42
^

Well, Is there any sound that is now used?
I don't know...
If you know, tell me plz ^^

TR-Freak
15-09-13, 13:53
^

Well, Is there any sound that is now used?
I don't know...
If you know, tell me plz ^^

every sound is unused in your level, if it doesn't have the level specific letter in the SFX_Example.bat .

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 14:02
every sound is unused in your level, if it doesn't have the level specific letter in the SFX_Example.bat .

Hum, I can try.
Let me just do a backup If I screw up things.

Titak
15-09-13, 14:43
I suggest using Sound Editor (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=202077) made by Sapper. :D
(also read the info in that thread because there's some info on how to use the program in there.)

Add whichever letter you want to the soundslots you need in your level.
Change the name of the files if you are using new samples with other names.

I always delete all letters except the #g.
Then I come up with a letter combo for the level I want to edit the sounds for, like MC (MoA-Fisherman's Cove) for example.
Then I add #MC to each soundslot that my level uses and I change the names of the used samples if needed. Same for pitch, CH, V, RAD, etc.

:}hello friend
15-09-13, 15:15
I have a bit of a pickle. I accidentally overwrote my wad, and I used the extract from TR to get my wad back, but it had many problems. All of her animations were sped up or just didn't work, as well as some weird texture glitches and messed up sounds.

I went back and completely remade my wad, but they're still sounds missing, such as drawing her guns and shooting, which is weird because I replaced every thing separately. Does anyone know a fix? Should I try remaking my wad again from scatch?

Titak
15-09-13, 15:50
Read my post above yours.
You could first try that program to fix your sounds. :D

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 18:40
I will download it later, I am not on my computer....

(Btw, tomorrow School starts in Portugal D: )

RoxasKennedy
15-09-13, 18:43
I don't know if my problem is the same as the two above ones, but I have EVERY sound muted after I tried to change just some menu sounds.

And by EVERY sound, I mean that it's not just muted when I play one level. I go to the menu, mute sounds. I go to basically every level and sound is mute.

Will the above program help my situation as well?

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 19:26
I suggest using Sound Editor (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=202077) made by Sapper. :D
(also read the info in that thread because there's some info on how to use the program in there.)

Add whichever letter you want to the soundslots you need in your level.
Change the name of the files if you are using new samples with other names.

Then I come up with a letter combo for the level I want to edit the sounds for, like MC (MoA-Fisherman's Cove) for example.
Then I add #MC to each soundslot that my level uses and I change the names of the used samples if needed. Same for pitch, CH, V, RAD, etc.

I works, Titak ! Thanks !
I just have a question...
How do I know wich letter is my level?
Ex.:
g - General; all levels
t - Title Load Screen (title)
a - Angkor Wat (angkor, angkor1)

Is by the number of the script?
Like, the first level of the script is "a"?

I

Cuz I didn't understand that well.

EDIT: Another question:
The sound appears on the editor, but on Sound Manager it is not recognized...

Titak
15-09-13, 19:45
Simply think of a letter or letter combination and put it at the end of the soundslot line.
Like this:
LARA_PICKUP: lara_aha VOL40 RAD13 #g
PUSHABLE_SOUND: l_pshblk VOL30 L RAD10 #MU
DOOR_GENERAL: gen_door VOL80 P V PIT20 #MU
HELICOPTER_LOOP: moa_rainloop VOL40 L RAD10 #MU
MU are the letters I used for this level.
Then in Sound Editor you change the letters to MC as well (Df is default letters) and output the .sam and .sfx.

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 19:47
^

I did open the .wad file, But I can't edit it.

Titak
15-09-13, 20:13
Open the sounds.txt instead.

SrDanielPonces
15-09-13, 20:32
I did open them already...
I did put this:

MAGIC_EFFECT: mag_eff VOL90 PIT-15 #g

Is it wrong or something? The Sound Managar is not recognizing it... but LE does.

Titak
15-09-13, 21:36
You can't add new sound slots and neither can you change the name of a soundslot.
You can ONLY change the name of the sample.

So you can't have a line saying MAGIC_EFFECT: .
But you can put the name mag_eff in another soundslot, replacing the sound it uses by default.

SrDanielPonces
16-09-13, 08:07
Ohhh ! Ok, I get it :)

But why there are Empty Slots if we can't use them?

Underhoe
16-09-13, 13:38
Again, can somebody please tell me which Meta version should I use? Also, which one is the version in which I could import .dxf files?
edit - nevermind, it seems like I could get it myself.

TheTiger
16-09-13, 15:14
Again, can somebody please tell me which Meta version should I use? Also, which one is the version in which I could import .dxf files?
edit - nevermind, it seems like I could get it myself.

Any Meta version can be used (I use latest released in July.) The LE version is the freeware version which can export to other formats but some functions are removed, while the shareware has all functions but can't export. Most of these functions are usable though, especially if you like to UV map and such. So i use both meta's - The LE version for exporting and the shareware version to build my objects with.

With the latest strpix you can import MQO files btw. :D

Underhoe
16-09-13, 15:46
Thank you, I'll try to use both as well, although I know nothing about UV mapping for now. :D

My problem all along was with Strpix, which still doesn't work properly. I thank to God (Raider Croft) who made PixStr so I can continue making my own objects without any problems. It may take more steps, but at least it works.

TheTiger
16-09-13, 15:50
Thank you, I'll try to use both as well, although I know nothing about UV mapping for now. :D

My problem all along was with Strpix, which still doesn't work properly. I thank to God (Raider Croft) who made PixStr so I can continue making my own objects without any problems. It may take more steps, but at least it works.

Oh yes now i remember, i forgot about that strpix didn't work on yours. :o

Must be rather tough, but i am glad you are still able to make your own objects with a solution. :tmb: UV mapping is fun (A bit useless though unless you want to use Meta2tr or just make objects for anything else than TRLE like i do, yet other tools could be used for just that.)

Who knows what magic you'll learn with PixStr. :D I remember i started to learn working with GIMP to create my own texturesets as TBuilder did not work properly here, and i ended up creating my own textures in photoshop. :D

Underhoe
16-09-13, 17:01
^Thanks. :D As for learning any magic from PixStr...
it seems I'm facing a new problem now. :tea: PixStr - unlike StrPix - opens the .tr4 file instead of the WAD. Now, this makes the object adding a bit more complicated, as I have to load the TR file in Wadmerger, and then save it into the WAD from there. My problem is this : I have no idea how to add a new texture I can apply on the object, because Wadmerger (to my knowledge) only adds the texture to the WAD itself, but because of PixStr I can only open and texture from the TR file.
I have a feeling I'm doing something horribly wrong, it all sounds a bit messed up.
EDIT - Perhaps I misunderstood the real use of the program anyway. I hope I'm wrong, and someone can help me out.

SrDanielPonces
16-09-13, 17:53
Titak, I replaced the slot as you said...
I tried those two:

STEAM: mag_eff VOL60 P V PIT-50 RAD10 #g
LARA_NO_FRENCH: mag_eff VOL46 RAD13 #g

In the editor it runs the sound I want, but in-game it runs the original one.