PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Titak
28-11-13, 12:58
Doesn't that error have to do with the regional settings in the computer?
They should be set to English.

SrDanielPonces
28-11-13, 18:45
^
Eh, problem resolved, but thanks for trying to help anyway ^^

THOR2010
28-11-13, 23:07
ive been working on a peru themed level that i lost complete interest in so i figured i might as well release the stuff id made for it, though i might still use them elsewhere heres a little tease of the textures i made!
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/539/lkgy.png
some time i December ill release the entire texture set as a little Christmas treat!

skylark1121
29-11-13, 01:03
Oooh, I really like those textures. :tmb:

*Saves*

bekim
29-11-13, 11:56
I need the Textureadd tool , cant find it :o

_______

Is it possible to place a puzzle-item in the puzzle-hole while on a pushblock(4 clicks)?

Titak
29-11-13, 16:13
Is it possible to place a puzzle-item in the puzzle-hole while on a pushblock(4 clicks)?Yes.

sapper
29-11-13, 23:50
I need the Textureadd tool , cant find it :o

http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/

bekim
29-11-13, 23:51
http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/

dang , I didnt knew it was in TRSE.

Thanks!

SrDanielPonces
30-11-13, 16:39
Uh, I have some animations in my wad that are not used, like the crawlspace roll or the new crawlspace out of trc... How can I enable them? idk how '-'

THOR2010
30-11-13, 16:47
with trep its as simple as checking a few boxes in the patches sections, with trng titak made a very nice tutorial on animations that includes enabling them
http://skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngleanimations.htm

SrDanielPonces
30-11-13, 18:55
Okay, It helped me a lot ^^

------------------------------------------------------
A little metasequoia question:

I want to know how much is 1-LE-Block tall in metasequioia... people say it is 25.6.. But It seems too small... Is it as it looks?

Titak
30-11-13, 19:53
One click is 25.6, one block (= 4 clicks) is 102.4.
Or 256 and 1024, depending on your settings in Meta.

And please check you PM inbox. :)

SrDanielPonces
30-11-13, 20:21
Well, I can only type 25 on Y.. I can't type .6, it changes automaticly to 0.
Do I need to change my pc settings to English? If so, I will.

Kapu
30-11-13, 20:22
simple, just use 256. everything will seem HUGE, you'll need to import/export things with a different value. x2, maybe? i don't quite remember, i'll look it up!

mizuno_suisei
01-12-13, 04:41
Quick question about 'Sinks' if anyone can help! How can I make it so the sink pushes lara AWAY from it (backward) I want her to not be able to swim down a stream as a sneaky way to not have to build more geometry later. If I put a sink in and trigger the square in front, she gets pulled toward it and keeps swimming.

Also, can we use animating ranges for 128x128 textures? the NGLE animation rangers area only shows the blocks as 64x64. Pretty sure ive seen big res HQ water textures in use before!

Uzi master
01-12-13, 04:56
You must place the sink in the place you want Lara pulled towards, and the triggers on the tiles she will get pulled from; there is no setting to make the sink push Lara away from it, that would be pointless, pulling from one direction is the same as pushing from the other. Just be sure not to put a trigger for the sink on the same tile as the sink.

You have to use the map converter, it's bundled with TRNG. You have to select an existing project file with the program and convert it to use 128x128 textures, there are a few option for the conversion but they should be self explanatory. You may want to back up your project fiels before converting though.

mizuno_suisei
01-12-13, 06:26
Thank you very much!

Re the animating textures, got the conversion etc.. to work but no luck, they won't animate ingame. I've got 4 anim ranges that have 8 frames each. Any extra needing to be done?

Kapu
02-12-13, 04:31
Re the animating textures, got the conversion etc.. to work but no luck, they won't animate ingame. I've got 4 anim ranges that have 8 frames each. Any extra needing to be done?

i'd try deleting the ranges and testing them each individually. delete, add one range, test. see if it works. then add the next, and the next. sometimes one of them is causing the problem for some reason, but redrawing the ranges can fix it.

i'm having an INCREDIBLY annoying issue playing Titak's Mists of Avalon. when i'm scrolling through the save/load screen the game often crashes. not all the time, but enough to annoy me. it's only when i'm scrolling, too. i thought it was because i was scrolling too quickly and maybe the custom TRNG save/load panel was crashing because of it. so i tried scrolling REALLY slowly. no luck, still crashes. i wonder if it's an issue with the custom load/save panel? has anyone else had this issue?

EDIT: i was playing at 1280x720 (i've noticed lower resolutions sometimes reduce lagginess in high-detail levels) but i bumped it up to 1680x1050, as recommended by the readme file, and it seems like the crashing has gone away now.

EDIT2: i take it back. it just happened again. :facepalm: windows doesn't tell me "tomb4 has crashed" either, the game just ends and i'm back on the desktop suddenly.

mizuno_suisei
02-12-13, 04:49
aha! it appears anim ranges need to be at the top.of the tga AND need to total withi the first 30 or so texture slots..how odd

A_De
02-12-13, 20:25
As a manual says we can force Lara use different animations on inserting the puzzle with negative animation number in puzzlehole ocb. Is it possible with keyholes too?

Kapu
02-12-13, 21:01
As a manual says we can force Lara use different animations on inserting the puzzle with negative animation number in puzzlehole ocb. Is it possible with keyholes too?
i want to say no, but i'm not 100% sure. but you could always fake it and put a key and keyhole in a puzzle_item and puzzle_hole slot, respectively.

tombraiderxii
03-12-13, 01:02
Any reason why Windows 8 displays the levels like this?
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1417610_10201139712239829_475134702_o.jpg

I really don't want to see that window. :(

And how would you go about setting up TRNG and NG Center with Windows 8?
I'm moving from a Windows 7 laptop to a new Windows 8 laptop that finally came in today.
I really want to get back to work with this... It's been over a month D:

TheBloodRed
03-12-13, 06:13
I have never heard of it doing that but do note TRNG has a setting to where you can change what the window title says. That is the only consolation I have for you. ^_^;;

A_De
03-12-13, 06:25
i want to say no, but i'm not 100% sure. but you could always fake it and put a key and keyhole in a puzzle_item and puzzle_hole slot, respectively.
All my puzzle slots are already busy. I just wanted to use normal keys and a lockpick as a key12 with modified animation. Well, ng scripting might help then.

mizuno_suisei
03-12-13, 07:01
^ How about swapping a Puzzle Item and Slot, into a Key Item and Slot, giving you a free Puzzle item space =)

If all your puzzle items have a 'puzzle done' object that you need to be shown in view, just rename the puzzle done into an animating object as 'invisible', then trigger it under the new keyhole item you've swapped it into :)

Krystian
03-12-13, 09:23
@A_De
If you really are out of slots, you can entirely fake it with testpositions and some animating object.
It does require the use of a few trigger groups and global triggers, but it's really not that hard to set up :D

If you don't know how to do this, I can give you a basic overview on how to set it up :)

A_De
03-12-13, 14:02
@Krystian: that would be nice. But we should use trng thread or pm for that :)

Niveus
03-12-13, 18:19
I have never heard of it doing that but do note TRNG has a setting to where you can change what the window title says. That is the only consolation I have for you. ^_^;;

Yes, but it`s irrelevant here. You could use the soft full screen setting but that`s also obsolete. Updating TRNG to the latest version will fix this irritating bug.

Unless you want to get rid of it on an already released custom level. In that case, you`re stuck with it.

tombraiderxii
03-12-13, 19:25
Yes, but it`s irrelevant here. You could use the soft full screen setting but that`s also obsolete. Updating TRNG to the latest version will fix this irritating bug.

Unless you want to get rid of it on an already released custom level. In that case, you`re stuck with it.

how could I go about updating it? I'm already having trouble installing NG Center on Windows 8 as it is. :s
Do I get the MGK4 thing on the TRNG page to install it?

And the level listed hasn't been released yet. They're levels I'm still working on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Niveus
03-12-13, 19:33
how could I go about updating it? I'm already having trouble installing NG Center on Windows 8 as it is. :s
Do I get the MGK4 thing on the TRNG page to install it?

And the level listed hasn't been released yet. They're levels I'm still working on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

What exactly is the trouble? In all these years of installing TRNG I have never come across the issue of having trouble installing it like people so often describe so I cannot really help. All I can recommend is you absolutely follow everything it asks you to do and take time to read every step. Try running the installer in compatibility mode with Windows 7/Vista, that is the only thing I ever did. :)

EDIT, yes MK4. And don't try installing more than one NG Centre. Delete any other NG Centres before freshly installing it.

tombraiderxii
03-12-13, 22:06
What exactly is the trouble? In all these years of installing TRNG I have never come across the issue of having trouble installing it like people so often describe so I cannot really help. All I can recommend is you absolutely follow everything it asks you to do and take time to read every step. Try running the installer in compatibility mode with Windows 7/Vista, that is the only thing I ever did. :)

EDIT, yes MK4. And don't try installing more than one NG Centre. Delete any other NG Centres before freshly installing it.

I usually never have any problems installing NG Center. I was able to do it easily on my previous computers but it's acting weird on this one. I followed the instructions exactly, though I think I may have derped at some point. I'll go and try installing it again.

EDIT: McAfee thinks the installers a virus now and automatically deleted it. -_-

EDIT2: I think it works now... not sure exactly how though... oh well. Granted it's not as smooth as my old computer, it's getting the job done. Thanks! :)

Titak
04-12-13, 14:13
EDIT: McAfee thinks the installers a virus now and automatically deleted it. -_-
There are a couple of virusscanners like that: thinking the TRNG tomb4.exe contains a virus. :(

SrDanielPonces
04-12-13, 17:08
One little question, can I place a twoblock trapdoor on my level? I ripped the one from TR1, The Great Pyramid, and the level seems to crash when Lara stands on the trapdoor block :/

THOR2010
04-12-13, 17:43
if it doesnt work you could fake it, make to tr1 trapdoor and animating object and put bridge objects over top, when the trapdoor is down you could use a flipmap to get id f the bridges dummy triggers. thats just something i spun off the top of my head im sure theres other ways of doing it, or getting the trap door itself to work.

SrDanielPonces
04-12-13, 17:48
Well, I can do that with flipeffects, but I didn't finish the room yet :/
I think It's better to use a normal trapdoor tbh.

SrDanielPonces
04-12-13, 19:42
Double Post.

I want to add a sound effect to my level, but in-game the sound is too high.
Can I make the sound lowest?

A_De
04-12-13, 20:03
^ you can set pitch to 0 in your sounds.txt, it's often useful for custom sounds.

mizuno_suisei
05-12-13, 00:04
Two queries

First off I've got 3 rooms. The top one contains a switch and trapdoor. The 2nd is just a mid empty point then the 3rd at the bottom is a water room.

I've got a trap door with a switch above it (on the same sector) in the top room over the tile connecting to the middle room. I put a SWITCH for SWITCH_TYPE (my object) on the lowest room square and a trigger for the trapdoor and a closeby camera. I pull the switch and nothing happens BUT if I go around and get into the bottom room and swim or dozy over the trigger, the trapdoor then opens and my camera activates. Almost as if the switch turns the trigger dormant mode, then once I go over the trigger in the lower rooms, then activates it. I've also noticed NGLE stops the need for trapdoor dummy triggers?? I'm able to walk on the trapdoor without any triggers if I like, seems odd to me unless i'm wrong. Any ideas though?

Also, is there an implemented way to change ponytail gravity in NGLE yet? I'd love to make Lara's outside room hair setting a bit more full on in the wind ehe

tombraiderxii
05-12-13, 01:48
There are a couple of virusscanners like that: thinking the TRNG tomb4.exe contains a virus. :(

I ended up just disabling it for the install and everything works fine now! :D

The only remaining problem is that with windows 8, all the Tomb Raiders load up in full screen with the window showing, and no, windowed mode was not activated in the setup... not sure how to fix this little tidbit. :/

Niveus
05-12-13, 02:55
I ended up just disabling it for the install and everything works fine now! :D

The only remaining problem is that with windows 8, all the Tomb Raiders load up in full screen with the window showing, and no, windowed mode was not activated in the setup... not sure how to fix this little tidbit. :/

Ahhh... screw it, I'd forgotten to mention something. You need to go into the TRNG 1.2.2.7 update thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=201532) and find the latest beta version that Paolone has released. It's available there to download. It's only a very small file. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, I literally just got in from work and I am too shattered to go hunting. Maybe tomorrow if I have time and you've still not found it. Sorry and good luck.

Probably the best thing to do is read through the whole thread if you have time, to understand why the updates are important and what they do and how to install them. The information is scattered through that thread like broken glass, I swear it.

Quick examination of your post mizuno and no there's no way to alter the gravity of Lara's ponytail -- pro tempore, at least. I'd love to have Lara's hair act like an actual plait and hang heavy instead of flitting about like a piece of cotton thread, but such is life.

tombraiderxii
05-12-13, 03:24
Ahhh... screw it, I'd forgotten to mention something. You need to go into the TRNG 1.2.2.7 update thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=201532) and find the latest beta version that Paolone has released. It's available there to download. It's only a very small file. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, I literally just got in from work and I am too shattered to go hunting. Maybe tomorrow if I have time and you've still not found it. Sorry and good luck.

Probably the best thing to do is read through the whole thread if you have time, to understand why the updates are important and what they do and how to install them. The information is scattered through that thread like broken glass, I swear it.

Quick examination of your post mizuno and no there's no way to alter the gravity of Lara's ponytail -- pro tempore, at least. I'd love to have Lara's hair act like an actual plait and hang heavy instead of flitting about like a piece of cotton thread, but such is life.

Oh no don't worry about it! I completely understand! Actually thank you so much for helping! :hug:
I'm super stumped with university classes right now but I will try as soon as I can! And again, thank you! :)

mizuno_suisei
05-12-13, 04:38

That's a real shame considering TREP had the capability. ahh well!

Titak
05-12-13, 19:04
Is there a soundpack containing ALL of the sounds from TR2? :ponder:
I've only found a couple of packs which contain some samples, but not nearly all of them.

THOR2010
05-12-13, 19:32
im assuming so, i have a folder on my computer with around 400 tr2 sounds...
i have no idea where i got them though!

Titak
05-12-13, 20:01
Never mind if nobody knows where to download them.
I found a way to extract them myself. Too bad it is one sound at the time so it'll take a while. :vlol:

At least I now have the proper sounds for the TR2 style springboard. :D

dnf raider
06-12-13, 01:28
Is there a way we can disable the save game for a limitted time.

DJ Full
06-12-13, 02:05
TRNG + FLIPEFFECT: Keyboard. Disable <&> keyboard command for (E) time.

Underhoe
06-12-13, 17:24
An imporanto questione : After creating my own WAD by copying karnak.was, how come I cannot see the saved .was (or any other for that matter) file when I want to load the objects in the roomedit? Neither when I open the wad folder, I can't see the files I created. They are however visible when I want to open in Wadmerger. I don't think I'm doing anything wrong, but I'd really appreciate any kind of help. If I did something wrong, please tell me.

aidanmalone
06-12-13, 18:20
Do these files have a yellow padlock next to them when you can actually see them?

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:15
Guys... I need your help... D:

I want to make my level playable... in a seperated folder.
But, when I run the tomb4.exe the level crashes... The data folder only contains the level, the title and the uklogo.pak files.
I also tried to make a new title... and change a little bit the things of the level, changing the wads, etc etc...
But, still not working... Any suggestion? D:

PS: The level crashes on the title

larafan25
06-12-13, 21:22
This is what you need in your separate game folder, I believe:

Game Folder

script.dat
ENGLISH.dat
Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
bass.dll
Tomb4.exe
Load.bmp
audio folder
-audio files
data folder
-title.tr4
-uklogo.pak
-all level tr4 files used in your game

:D

THOR2010
06-12-13, 21:26
http://skribblerz.com/tuts/editorcrashes.htm

try looking into some of those

edit: nvm ive been beaten

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:28
This is what you need in your separate game folder, I believe:

Game Folder

script.dat
ENGLISH.dat
Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
bass.dll
Tomb4.exe
Load.bmp
audio folder
-audio files
data folder
-title.tr4
-uklogo.pak
-all level tr4 files used in your game

:D

The folder have all of those files...
Itried the script and everthing... idk if the problem is of the title or the level... because I made a new title, and the level works great in the le folder... :confused:

larafan25
06-12-13, 21:33
Hmmm. Make sure there are no capital letters in the names of the audio or data folders. That once caused a problem for me.

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:43
Eww, an eg?

Like: 13-name.wav?

Underhoe
06-12-13, 21:44
Do these files have a yellow padlock next to them when you can actually see them?

Oh, yeah, I wanted to point that out too. Do you know the problem?

larafan25
06-12-13, 21:46
Eww, an eg?

Like: 13-name.wav?

Nope, just the titles of the audio and data folder. Make sure there's no capitol letters.

It should be audio instead of Audio.

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:47
^
Eh, no, nothing...

http://i.imgur.com/2BWVnHz.png

larafan25
06-12-13, 21:48
The script folder has a capitol letter. Change it, just in case. :ponder:

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:49
still nothing :confused:

I really don't know why!

larafan25
06-12-13, 21:52
And the level worked properly before you moved it to a separate folder? Hmmm. This is so strange and hurts my brain.

What are those .wav files?

SrDanielPonces
06-12-13, 21:53
Yes, I always use wav files, they work in the le folder.
I always use the start_me and the madplay exe files to make sure the audios are in the correct format.

aidanmalone
06-12-13, 22:24
Oh, yeah, I wanted to point that out too. Do you know the problem?

Its by creating the TRLE on the C: (My Computer) part, something about that part doesn't like files being renamed or changed and it locks them with that padlock thingy.
I put my TRLE folder in my documents and it works fine after that :)

Underhoe
06-12-13, 22:36
Thank you so much, it solved the problem! :jmp:

SrDanielPonces
07-12-13, 00:06
Ew, just one more detail: The level crashes when the loading bar is at 1/4.

http://i.imgur.com/w13pbpD.png

My friend said that the problem was of the title, but I can't see the problem.

NUMBER OF OBJECTS IN MAP
1 x LARA
2 x FLAME_EMITTER2
2 x PLANT0

http://i.imgur.com/EkVPfRO.png

SrDanielPonces
07-12-13, 15:21
Sorry for double....

My le is kinda buggy and I want to reinstall it...
But, I can't desintall.. It says Unist.uni is missing but it is in the LE folder...

Munin Raven
08-12-13, 01:16
Hi guys.

I hope some of you can help me with a few very basic queries regarding bog standard level editing with TRLE. I've got the itch to have a go at building something (at the moment purely for myself) with a distinctly oldschool flavour. I don't have the time or wish to create something epic. I just want to build, and create my own custom texture set from scratch. I'm quite capable of creating the textures, but not so sure about how I should approach things from the editor point of view.

- Is it possible to add new textures to a base set at a later date, if I realise I need a few more? Or should I work everything out before hand and complete a texture set that covers everything?

- With the basic TRLE setup, what is the limit regarding a texture set?

- As with textures, is it also possible to add to a .wad half way through building?

- Finally, how do I delete doors if I mess up the x/y position?

Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Regards

larafan25
08-12-13, 01:21
It is indeed possible to create a texture set, load it into the editor, use it and then add more to the texture set at a later date.

Assuming you have the editor downloaded, you might wanna look in the maps folder and observe how many textures are in the official texture pages. I'm sure you can go over that limit, but eventually you'll run out of room. I would just make sure to keep your water textures near the top of the texture set so they can be animated, as well as any textures you'll use on the floors, so that they can have sounds assigned to them.

And yes, as with textures you can add objects to a .wad half way through building.

To delete a door in the editor, click on the black section of tiles you see in the 2D grid, that represents the door portal in 2D. Then click 'delete' of course.

I hope all of that is accurate helpful. :D

skylark1121
08-12-13, 01:22
Hi guys.

I hope some of you can help me with a few very basic queries regarding bog standard level editing with TRLE. I've got the itch to have a go at building something (at the moment purely for myself) with a distinctly oldschool flavour. I don't have the time or wish to create something epic. I just want to build, and create my own custom texture set from scratch. I'm quite capable of creating the textures, but not so sure about how I should approach things from the editor point of view.

- Is it possible to add new textures to a base set at a later date, if I realise I need a few more? Or should I work everything out before hand and complete a texture set that covers everything?

- With the basic TRLE setup, what is the limit regarding a texture set?

- As with textures, is it also possible to add to a .wad half way through building?

- Finally, how do I delete doors if I mess up the x/y position?

Any help would be most appreciated. :)

Regards

1. Yes, it is most definitely possible. I believe you are looking for Tbuilder (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/12/). You can add textures whenever you like. :)

2.I believe it 512 textures (if you're using 128x128 textures). Don't hold me to that, though.

3. I don't quite understand this question. Are you wondering if it's possible to add other custom objects to your wad?

4.To delete a door, highlight on the 2d map (in the upper left hand corner of the editor) until it has a green box around it. Usually the 'delete' key will suffice, but sometimes TRLE is picky and wants you to go into the object tab and click 'delete object.'

Hope that was helpful. :)

Edit: Dang it Larafan, you beat me. :p

Munin Raven
08-12-13, 11:16
Thanks for the clarification guys. It's much appreciated. :tmb:

DJ Full
10-12-13, 12:23
@SrDanielPonces,

if the title loads properly and You can exit the game without getting a crash report, it's nothing wrong with the title.
1. Do the step-by step output:
- output .wad: if it hangs, You probably crossed texture limits
- launch tom2pc (or ng_tom2pc in case of TRNG building) and add the fresh .tom to compilation. If it says "can't seem to load" or crashes, then You indeed are beyond the limits and need to decrease the number of user defined tiles.
2. If the above output goes fine but the level still doesn't load, backup the script and try default.
3. If the level still doesn't load, try default wad.

This way You will narrow down the area to hunt the problem in.

==========
==========

After I finally managed to clean the mess after last 3 years of building (deleted 11.5 GB of unnecessary files) and got back to TRLE, problems also appeared instantly for me. I have 2 so far:

1. I merged new flare with old hand in editwad and suddenly got a stretched black polygon that does NOT appear neither in StrPix nor in WadMerger:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9523/v32s.jpg

What do I do to get rid of it? Thanks in advance.

2. I got a SPHINX bull... well not actually a bull, but it's in the SPHINX slot anyway. The point is the creature doesn't want to press the button in ANIMATING8 slot. I tried several times, on a perfectly flat surface and even allowed the monster to kill Lara, to make sure he haven't missed. Also, the meshes and meshtree structure both for the ANIMATING8 and SPHINX are so far untouched, only differently textured (to erase default tiles from the wad). Any OCBs I should type, any room settings I should apply or whatever mysterious knowledge I should have is very appreciated here. Again, thanks in advance.

THOR2010
10-12-13, 17:47
the holding flare mesh has to be mapped the same as laras normal hand mesh, for the bull, u could chech the guardian of semerket add on level that was released for the editor.

DJ Full
10-12-13, 20:54
Thank You for the tips. The flare polygon is gone, however there's still a little black strip (very thin) in its place, so I need to tweak a bit with remapping parameters.

As for the SPHINX: the Guardian of Semerkhet only came out as .wad, .tga and .tom. .prj file is not included, so I don't really have a reference. What I only found so far is some OCBs (which don't relate with the headswitch setup) and AI_FOLLOWS (which override OCBs so I don't know why OCBs were used at all :D) - so I'm still fruitlessly :hea: , note this time literally.

EDIT: I forgot Fexinspect can open data files, so I output guard.tom and peered into guard.tr4. The bull problem is SOLVED. It appears the door I want to open, or possibly anything else we would like to trigger with the bull's head, simply won't activate without stacking TRIGGER for ANIMATING8 on the same slot as the destination trigger. It doesn't matter which of those two is HEAVY. Those two must be related by hardcode, and I forgot to trigger the switch itself.

EDIT2: I remapped everything and the unlucky stripe only changes its position, without vanishing. Arrrhhh... :(

DJ Full
11-12-13, 17:12
Double post, but I made some progress and I need further help. The flare polygon disappeared only after I reduced polygons in my FLARE_ITEM and replaced this lighter version in Lara's hand. Vertices on Lara's wrist in FLARE_ANIM kept their original numbers, and that's good...

...but the flare is suddenly useless again. It remains dark when Lara holds it, and starts to only glow when Lara throws it on the ground. Note:
- this is NOT a common flare bug - the light sphere is properly displayed around the object
- also this is not wrong type of lighting used - held flare reacts to surrounding lighting and just in case I exported/imported it selecting "moveable" type.
I have:
- replaced Lara with the default (but revised) catacomb one (who cares, she wasn't modified anyway except that flare anim)
- thrown out all Customize= commands from the script.
Not really sure what to with that anymore. I had made a crowbar and uzis for the first level and they've never been causing any problems. Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Installed a fresh copy of TRLE and got the "path/file access error" when trying to merge wads. Any clue?
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3981/3atw.jpg

EDIT2: Nvm the last one, it's solved, I found this solution thread (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=6843288) (3rd post precisely).

KyleCroft
11-12-13, 19:31
Does anyone know how MagPlus set it up so that in his TR: Redemption custom level, the game doesn't look "windowed" on Windows 8? :o

Niveus
11-12-13, 23:48
Does anyone know how MagPlus set it up so that in his TR: Redemption custom level, the game doesn't look "windowed" on Windows 8? :o

The latest TRNG version with the latest 'unofficial' update from Paolone is needed. This can be found in the 1.2.2.7 version thread but it takes some small print reading to understand how to implement these new 'beta' updates.

KyleCroft
12-12-13, 00:11
The latest TRNG version with the latest 'unofficial' update from Paolone is needed. This can be found in the 1.2.2.7 version thread but it takes some small print reading to understand how to implement these new 'beta' updates.

Perfect. Thanks :)

Kapu
12-12-13, 06:29
does anybody else ever wonder why Core chose to release the level editor? i've been thinking about that lately. i know there are other level editors out there, particularly map editors, but it doesn't seem like there are nearly as many full featured level editors that allow you to build a whole game from the ground up. it's neat to think that the decision to release their TR building toolkit has created such an active community. :) and over 10 years later, look at where the LE is now! imagine if the LE had been a flop, and no one got into it. maybe a few levels release, but nothing more. weird to think about, isn't it?!

i also think about this a lot: do you think any of the guys and gals from the original TR team play custom levels? without a doubt they've played some. the first releases, for sure. who wouldn't want to see what people were making with their tools?? :D but i wonder if any of them stuck around and kept playing, and in particular if they're still playing now! i would love to hear their thoughts on any of the gems in the Hall of Fame over on TRLE.net.

matrix54
12-12-13, 13:32
Probably not, but I'd expect quite a few :eek: and :yik: upon seeing what the engine is capable of, considering they couldn't push it as much a decade ago.

Caesum
12-12-13, 13:50
I believe there were several reasons for this. First - the engine was already obsolete by then, it had it's roots in SEGA Saturn and so had many leftovers from it. Second - I believe it'd be hard to move it onto PS2, which's architecture was very different compared to PSX. Finally - Core said once they always made a new engine for every of their series. TRAOD at the very beginning was going to be a spin-off with a completely different kind of gameplay compared to TR1-5. I guess they found it pointless to make so many changes to already outdated engine then.

What makes me wonder though is why they haven't used literally any of resources from TR1-5? For example they had very good set up of controls and animations, why they didn't use them as a base for new controls? Was it also outdated by then? Yet they used D-PAD controls anyway(that is until Sony told them to change it).

Munin Raven
13-12-13, 22:42
Hi again, guys. Another (hopefully basic) question.

I've finished constructing my core set of textures and am trying to use TBuilder (version 2.4) to cobble everything together. I remember when I initially had a go at creating something, I used Tbuilder and was able to set the width and depth of my blank texture canvas - in the right window - and then load bits into the left window to copy/drag tiles over and place where needed. I don't seem to be able to do this anymore, as there doesn't seem to be any UI menu at the top, or other way of creating a blank canvas base with the specific dimension choices I remember.

I've had a look around and googled TBuilder, but everything leads to version 2.4, which is what I initially downloaded. Where can I find the version that allows the freedom I mention above?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TheBloodRed
14-12-13, 01:58
The new .tga is on the right? Try copying to the right and saving that.

Also the Create New option should be on that side as well.

SrDanielPonces
14-12-13, 14:58
Hi!

I've just reinstalled TRLE and TRNG to see if my problem resolves.
After installing, I just moved some files (from my newest backup, from the 1st December, containing the save file, the wad and the data files) to a seperate folder if it works.
Fortunately, it worked perfectly.
So, I just changed a few things on the editor, I clicked in "play", and it worked on the trle folder.
Then, I copyed the data file from the level I edited and then it crashed.
I placed two levels on the Folder. I just changed one. The other one works perfectly, but the one who I edited crashes :/
... Any suggestions?

raiderromero
14-12-13, 17:08
Soundsamples however still need to be in wav format PCM, 22050, mono and 16 bits. I always use CoolEdit96 for converting sounds to this format.
I'm not sure what the max size of a soundsample can be but there sure is a max.
So, try reducing the size and see if that helps. And use CoolEdit96. Works like a charm for me. :D

hello there, im quoting this old post cause i was looking for this program, but i cant find it anywhere, where can i download it? and does it work with win7, i read somewhere i might not run. i was using the madplay in tools folder but since my HD died ,and got a new one i get an error which says "coded not found" :(

Titak
14-12-13, 17:12
^
No idea where you can download it from, so Google it. :D

It works on my Win8 laptop, so I suppose it also works on Win7.

Munin Raven
14-12-13, 18:37
TheBloodRed: Thanks for your response. The 'create new' option doesn't give me the option to chose my dimensions, like I remember doing in the past, but no matter; I just created a blank .tga in the dimensions I wanted and loaded that up instead.

Now onto a new problem I'm experiencing... :(

In the basic TRLE winroomedit program, I can no longer view connected rooms properly with the 'face edit' button on. All the squares turn white, so it's become a real headache to line up correct textures from one room to another. This obviously also makes lighting transitions a game of cat & mouse too. I've tried various options in the editor, but I can't seem to get back to the original full view I initially had. Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? :confused:

raiderromero: If you can't find CoolEdit, try Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/) instead. I find it's one of the best free sample editors out there, and can convert your files to whatever format you wish.

raiderromero
14-12-13, 18:41
^
No idea where you can download it from, so Google it. :D

It works on my Win8 laptop, so I suppose it also works on Win7.

No luck here, all i find is a 2mb setup and when i click it it says "error this program cant run on this windows version"

raiderromero: If you can't find CoolEdit, try Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com/) instead. I find it's one of the best free sample editors out there, and can convert your files to whatever format you wish.
il try it, but do you succesfully conver sounds to TRLE format? i have audacity and few other tools but they cant convert in the right format

Munin Raven
14-12-13, 19:20
...do you succesfully conver sounds to TRLE format?

I've only just started building, so I haven't tackled audio yet, but if it's PCM 16bit mono you want, then Goldwave is your answer. :tmb:

Titak
14-12-13, 19:37
^
Not necessarily.
Other programs can also convert to that format but they can't always be played in the LE for some odd reason. :ponder:

But it is worth a try if CoolEdit is untraceable. :D

If all else fails, I could try uploading my version of it.
It is a limited version and you can only have a couple of editing features available at one time (you can select options at startup) but I'm only using it for converting to the proper format anyway. I'm doing all the editing in Audacity.

raiderromero
14-12-13, 19:51
^oh plesae il thank you so much if you upload, i'vebeen tring to find it but nothing :hea:, some websites say the program is obsolete and that adobe has taken lead with now the replacement of cooledit pro to adobe audition :confused: and you have to pay for it :(

SrDanielPonces
14-12-13, 21:29
Ewww, I just deleted my Data files (with a backup, of course), and I just builted the level in the editor to create a new .tr4 file. And, It seems like it crashes too.
And I tried in another level, and it happened too. So, it crashes in the le folder too.. Dude that just blows up my whole motivation :/ Idk what to do ¬¬

:}hello friend
14-12-13, 21:56
TheBloodRed:In the basic TRLE winroomedit program, I can no longer view connected rooms properly with the 'face edit' button on. All the squares turn white, so it's become a real headache to line up correct textures from one room to another. This obviously also makes lighting transitions a game of cat & mouse too. I've tried various options in the editor, but I can't seem to get back to the original full view I initially had. Does anyone know how to rectify this issue? :confused:
Use "Draw Doors" to view adjacent rooms

Munin Raven
15-12-13, 01:04
Use "Draw Doors" to view adjacent rooms

Thanks for the response, but the problem is happening with 'draw doors' checked: every texture within the current viewed room turns white, or rather invisible. I've also realised that this phenomenon now also effects general editing of geometry when 'draw doors' is turned on and 'face edit' is turned off, so I can no longer edit room transitions with any real degree of certainty at all. It's all very disheartening, as I was finally getting beyond sporadic dabbling, and actually building with intent and an overall plan.

If it helps, I've uploaded a few shots to illustrate my problem further. I'm just hoping someone has an answer...

Face Edit turned off: I can view the geometry
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m433/muninart/TRLE/trle_01_zpsa4984267.jpg (http://s334.photobucket.com/user/muninart/media/TRLE/trle_01_zpsa4984267.jpg.html)

Face Edit turned on: White spaces, so I cannot apply textures and lighting between rooms effectively. :(
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m433/muninart/TRLE/trle_02_zps3ced1be8.jpg (http://s334.photobucket.com/user/muninart/media/TRLE/trle_02_zps3ced1be8.jpg.html)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Raider99
15-12-13, 01:14
Hmm, I often get that problem, but when you turn face edit on, did you try rotating room? It should disappear, if not, try holding "/" key and turning room (works if you get room textured with first texture eve if you won't) but you could try, and last option is try FLIP PALLETE, but I'm not sure are you using NGLE or Winroomeditor? I don't know if those last options are possible in old room editor.

larafan25
15-12-13, 01:16
I've been having this problem too, ever since I updated to the latest TRNG.

mizuno_suisei
15-12-13, 02:24
the missing polygons are a compatability thing, I had that issue constantly with ANY ngle build...problem is i can't remember the settings I used specifically. This may help

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/hanashimashou/ngle.png (http://s146.photobucket.com/user/hanashimashou/media/ngle.png.html)

sapper
15-12-13, 05:02
^oh plesae il thank you so much if you upload, i'vebeen tring to find it but nothing :hea:, some websites say the program is obsolete and that adobe has taken lead with now the replacement of cooledit pro to adobe audition :confused: and you have to pay for it :(

I think Titak uses an old version CoolEdit Pro 96.

Download from here maybe.
http://www.oldversion.com/windows/cool-edit-pro-96

There is a modern program called WaveShop that saves to correct format. http://waveshop.sourceforge.net/

Make sure you save to PCM and not compressed PCM also known as ADPCM. TRLE uses PCM, the official TR4 uses ADPCM.

raiderromero
16-12-13, 00:44
thank you i tried but didnt work either :confused:, somehow i noticed the frequency was above 44000 hz so i tried with audacity to set the right format and tadamn it worked :cln:

larafan25
16-12-13, 01:04
I used waveshop and I got to the right format, though it still doesn't play (my sound fx) hmm...

Caesum
16-12-13, 08:47
Munin Raven - for me this happens if ngle.exe or NG_Center.exe have compatibility mode set to "Windows XP"(that's why Paolone added an option about it in TRNG installer).

turneraider
16-12-13, 12:58
Bah! Im so unlucky with Wads!

Can someone tell me EXACLY how to change lara's outfit and horizons?

And about the question above, do we need our own patched tomb4.exe?

AmericanAssassin- Just go to "www.trle.net" and click "Top Custom Levels", in the 2nd place there should be "Something HQ: Emercency" , download it, it starts with an awsome Manor level

I don't know how to change the load screen but I know you can change it. I will PM you about wads and how to change them. I don't know what you mean by patched tomb4 like TRNG or TREP something like that?

TheBloodRed
16-12-13, 15:09
Loading screens are changed via:

Starting up: Change the load.bmp file.

Level specific: Based on the LoadCamera entry in the script.

TRNG: There is a customize background command to make special backgrounds.

Titak
16-12-13, 17:27
I don't know how to change the load screen but I know you can change it. I will PM you about wads and how to change them. I don't know what you mean by patched tomb4 like TRNG or TREP something like that?You quoted a post which is more than 4 years old. Totally useless by now.
And spider-pig hasn't been active since sometimes during 2010... :rolleyes:

Please do not do so again.

Munin Raven
16-12-13, 21:41
Thank you to everyone that has given sugestions to my problem. I appreciate your time. :tmb:

Unfortunately I have been trying all kinds of things for most of the evening - uninstalling/reinstalling, trying older graphics drivers and different screen resolutions, copying and changing file names (as suggested), and still no luck. It's most certainly a graphics problem, but the annoying thing is, on a fresh HD boot; the issue doesn't surface right away. But once it inevitably does kick in, it's there to stay - even when rebooting the program.

What can I say, I can't go on building in this state. I just don't have the patience to keep switching back and forth from room to room just to check the flow of every texture (never mind lighting). It wouldn't be so much of a head-scratch but for the fact that I wanted to build a cave system, and the way multiple rooms join together in bigger areas is a nightmare. So, I'm hanging my gloves up. :(

It's a real shame, because I really wanted to contribute something to the community. I guess I can still release my custom textures, and finish off all the musical cues and ambient SFX I started work on. Most people seem to be tackling and releasing custom objects etc... but there doesn't seem to be many people putting together original ambient/SFX material, and the textures I mostly see are just rips from other games.

The one thing I did realise while building, is that TRLE is a very quick and easy way to knock up basic architecture environments to paint over, instead of using something like Google Sketchup, which tends to take a little longer; so I'm not talking about a complete loss of time here. It's all good. :)

Titak
16-12-13, 22:46
You can get used to it if you give it some time.
I NEVER use "draw doors" because my old computer which I use to build levels on can't handle it very well.

I always go to the next room, select the texture next to the door, then go back to the room I was working on, select the next texture in the set if needed and apply it next to the door so it is next to the one I just selected in the other room.
No big deal really. :D

Munin Raven
17-12-13, 01:40
You can get used to it if you give it some time...

Get used to it... Get used to it? Are you insane, woman?! I guess you are, but in the best possible complimentary way I can imagine on my part.

I always go to the next room, select the texture next to the door, then go back to the room I was working on, select the next texture in the set if needed and apply it next to the door so it is next to the one I just selected in the other room.

Yes, that is what I was forced to do. I did it for two nights (plus going back and fiddling with the lighting between each room), and I came to the conclusion that it's above and beyond any rational way to conduct some form of creative freedom and general flow in a computer program. The UI is archaic as it is (which is down right lovable and part of it's genuine charm), but when I'm forced to play 'hop-skip-jump' back and forth for every room transition, it gets clunky and the flow is quickly lost.

No big deal really. :D

What? No big deal? Surely that would disrupt the basic flow of everyth... ah, forget it.

Please, do not get me wrong, I can happily slog things out, creatively, through the worst of it (ever done jobs for indie publishers?), but when a UI starts to fight with me on such a level, then I have to take a step back and reflect on how I use my free time constructively, and - more to the point - personally. As far as TR is concerned, I realise now that my time is possibly better spent playing, or painting, or (very recently) providing a little TRLE/TRNG content for those folks that still like to 'go at it'.

Titak, I've played everything you have so far released on your own. I played one release that you collaborated on, and to be honest (collaborations rarely work on fan projects IMO), it fell rather flat compared to your individual work. Because it's your individual work that really shows a strong singular voice and vision. Just wonderful.

And now you are saying, that you too struggle with this basic inability to view rooms in context with each other? Holy smoke! You have dedication beyond what I initially attributed to you. Bravo. Go get some, girl. Keep doing what you do, and chip away at your latest project (hopefully seen towards the later end of 2014), but for me personally; I just can't get over the major hurdle of having to wrestle with the viewpoint to get it just right, so I can actually see the way light transitions from one room to another, or have to constantly flip back and forth just to mark a specific texture, and then choose the next one for the next room. It destroys my soul. :(

Baah... no worries. I'm very glad you shared that particular note with me. I know now, in ernest, that I was possibly never cut out to make a custom level (should have made the effort about 10 years ago). Geometry aside (still get a kick out of that), I could never attain the kind of 'fluency' with the associated programs, that I would need to master, to achieve a few simple narrative effects I had in mind. So I'll let it slide and find my own way.

Thanks for your reply.

TheBloodRed
17-12-13, 04:44
It really is something you get used to. The editor is quite ancient, even with Paolone's improvements in NGLE. I tend to worry about room geometry first before texturing. I've learned that if you worry about all the details immediately, you get bogged down and want to quit! But if you have everything all set up it is like painting a blank canvas instead of trying to create a stained glass. haha!

SrDanielPonces
17-12-13, 11:23
I'm replacing some sounds from other TR's, and, as usuall, the climb sound is not normal. So, I want to change the pitch numbers, but I don't know which I should put. I asked once in the Portuguese forums, but I can't find where I asked it. Also, I searched for a tutorial in skribblerz, but I can't find too.
http://skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle2/v130sounds.htm

Titak
17-12-13, 16:41
Usually a pitch of 0 works well for sounds from other games.

SrDanielPonces
17-12-13, 17:45
Thanks!

Raider99
19-12-13, 13:51
- Nevermind - Didn't know that I need 24 bit for TGA. :o

raiderromero
21-12-13, 16:26
im editing an animating with several meshes, but somehow i cant allign the vertices and the faces to avoid holes in the different parts of the one-object animating, i have experience with statics and inserting High Poly objects in the wad by splitting the stactics and saving the positions in metasequoi, but this is not happening with moveables, they all are set in the middle:confused:

SrDanielPonces
22-12-13, 20:56
Isn't there another SCORPION slot? :confused:
I need another one D:

TheBloodRed
22-12-13, 21:25
There is the small_scorpion and just scorpion slots. What did you need the slot for :confused:

SrDanielPonces
27-12-13, 22:02
Anyone here knows textures with low quality? I mean like tr1/tr2 quality ! ^^

Adaethus
27-12-13, 22:15
Anyone here knows textures with low quality? I mean like tr1/tr2 quality ! ^^

Textures for what?
As in, for objects or levels?

Also for what kind of environment?

SrDanielPonces
27-12-13, 23:52
Textures for what?
As in, for objects or levels?

Also for what kind of environment?

Both, please! (in every type of levels, tbh)

I'm only needing some hotel/buildings/cities textures... do you know some? ^^

Caesum
27-12-13, 23:59
You can check Daggerfall. It contains a lot of medieval-based textures of about size 64x64. I believe Redguard has some too, but Daggerfall is free to download.

EDIT: Oh, haven't seen that part about hotel and buildings. Nevermind then. But you could try looking for textures from PSX titles like Silent Hill.

Adaethus
28-12-13, 00:04
Hmm, not really, but kind of.

For example if you have GIMP, you could open the London textures from TR3, then go to Colors -> Posterize, and this way you can adjust the number of colours in your image.

A posterize level of 16 looks a lot like the quality in the first 2 TR games.

I'll attach a picture here later.

EDIT: Here's the before and after pics.

UNPOSTERIZED http://imageshack.com/a/img607/6874/6n2f.png
POSTERIZED http://imageshack.com/a/img593/3011/wgi4.png

EDIT2: Actually, TR2 GOLD has some perfect city textures, the level is called Nightmare in Vegas.
Now if I only found a link...

EDIT3: The only link I found is one on Skribblerz, the textures are 128x128 though, so you may have to resize them yourself.

Also these were all ripped by EssGee, so give credit where needed. ;)

http://www.skribblerz.com/textures.htm

SrDanielPonces
02-01-14, 15:25
http://i.imgur.com/RCeccZW.png

Those letter appears everytime I convert my prj, and the sounds doesn't work properly in-game. How can I fix it?

Titak
02-01-14, 18:10
That message appears when sounds are not assigned to the wad.
So assign them to the wad with Screamer or TRLE Sound Editor or something like that.

SrDanielPonces
03-01-14, 12:24
Does exist a "zoom" button to texture inside the object in StrPix?

Titak
03-01-14, 14:26
Ctrl and the right mouse button.
Keep them both pressed and move the mouse to zoom in or out. :D

SrDanielPonces
03-01-14, 14:39

SrDanielPonces
03-01-14, 16:40
sry for double
-------------------------
This window appears when I import an MQO File.
http://i.imgur.com/UwxNCmt.png

FreakRaider
03-01-14, 17:18
sry for double
-------------------------
This window appears when I import an MQO File.
http://i.imgur.com/UwxNCmt.png

I have had this problem also with some other programs.
What could fix it: Set your keyboard language (or the main languages of windows I don't really remember) to american.
It actually should fix it, since if you play with an European keyboard, . and , are switched.

I dunno what I was talking, but I think you get the point :D

TR-Freak
03-01-14, 17:35
simply change your decimal separator to . instead of , in your Language& Keyboard Settings.

klona
04-01-14, 18:23
Hi.
The SFX of the sand waterfall object in tomb of seth wad doesn't play for some reason. Anyone knows how can I fix this?

Titak
04-01-14, 22:00
Make sure it is assigned to your wad.
It won't play if it isn't assigned to your wad.

Raider99
04-01-14, 22:12
I have some really annoying problem.
You need to pull 4 underwater switches to open some door for 7 seconds. But... if you fail at getting to the door in 7 seconds, you'll have to pull all of them again. But, the thing is, if you fail once, and try it again, only pulling one (any) of them is enough to activate door. :confused:
Any way to stop this? :o

klona
05-01-14, 07:40
Hi again,
I gave an item 68 ocb so it can be picked up from a pedestal and trigger something, Lara kind of disappears under the floor and picks it up.

How can I fix this?

Uzi master
05-01-14, 07:43
Have you checked her pedestal-pickup animation?
By disappear, do you mean she plays the normal animation for pedestals but is sunk into the ground? or something else?

klona
05-01-14, 10:06
Have you checked her pedestal-pickup animation?
By disappear, do you mean she plays the normal animation for pedestals but is sunk into the ground? or something else?

I fixed it just now.
Apparently, a few animations have been missing in the model I'm using. (IDK why)

Thanks!

Make sure it is assigned to your wad.
It won't play if it isn't assigned to your wad.

I tried everything, it refuses to work. :(

Titak
05-01-14, 11:41
Apparently, a few animations have been missing in the model I'm using. (IDK why)

Just for the record:
With "model" I always think of the LARA_SKIN + LARA_SKIN_JOINTS objects because those are the ones that determine Lara's look in the game.
But I guess you did not mean "model" like that, you meant the LARA object, right? Because that's where the animations are stored.

As for the sandfallsound:
Assuming the sound is now assigned to the wad, sorry, no idea then. :(

klona
05-01-14, 14:13
Just for the record:
With "model" I always think of the LARA_SKIN + LARA_SKIN_JOINTS objects because those are the ones that determine Lara's look in the game.
But I guess you did not mean "model" like that, you meant the LARA object, right? Because that's where the animations are stored.

As for the sandfallsound:
Assuming the sound is now assigned to the wad, sorry, no idea then. :(

It is ok now, I've got all problems sorted out! :D

A friend helped me with the sounds and it turned out the OCB for it was missing.
Silly me, I need to be careful next time. :vlol:

SrDanielPonces
05-01-14, 15:25
What's the max flyby cameras a sequence can have? I reached the 18 cameras, and then the last camera just jumped to another camera repeatly and then It didn't stop... There isn't any ocb 7 on the last camera...

http://i.imgur.com/bVSFvpk.png

I still need to add some more... (The cutscene has 891 frames)

Tricell
05-01-14, 18:42
I would say you've hit your limit. I never go over 12 because whenever i do things go glitchy. Not just with the cameras but other objects aswell. I dont trust it.
So if Cam 18 is messed up i think its safe to say thats the limit.
Why not take some of those cams out and use OCB8 and force some cams to wait/hold? I mean it looks like some of them are facing the same direction anyways, wouldnt hurt would it?

TheTiger
05-01-14, 19:09
I had a flyby of 27 cams if i remember correctly.
Worked like a charm.

Tricell
05-01-14, 19:22
I had a flyby of 27 cams if i remember correctly.
Worked like a charm.

And everything in the level worked fine? When i go over 12 my enemies start acting weird, Random sound effects/music wont work. Stuff like that.
How big was your level? How many rooms did you "about" have? How big was your wad?

Niveus
05-01-14, 19:30
I believe the limit's 32 cameras. If you hit a limit you can always trigger a second flyby sequence.

skylark1121
05-01-14, 21:00
If you are struggling with limits, you can always apply freeze effects to certain flyby cameras using OCB 8. One of my cutscenes that has 750 frames only uses 6 flyby cameras with this effect. Besides, it's nice for the cameras to be still in cutscenes every once in a while--I kind of get tired of the constant moving and swaying of flyby cameras. :p

SrDanielPonces
05-01-14, 21:09
Yeah, but I always use cut-cams... people says It's not possible to do them together

THOR2010
08-01-14, 03:44
ive got an object that sits on a wall very close and where your near it everything looks fine, but when u look at it from a distance it flickers with the wall like when two faces in meta overlap, is there a way to prevent this other than moving the object farther from the wall?

Titak
08-01-14, 10:26
^
As far as I know, the only way to avoid this effect is when using TRNG.

If you are indeed using TRNG, you need to put WorldFarView= 127 in the [Options] section of the script. :D

ThatSassyKid
09-01-14, 05:05
Is there TRLE for Mac?
Along with NGLE, WADMerger, and basically everything else for TRLE? :o

Raider99
09-01-14, 12:35
I have some really annoying problem.
You need to pull 4 underwater switches to open some door for 7 seconds. But... if you fail at getting to the door in 7 seconds, you'll have to pull all of them again. But, the thing is, if you fail once, and try it again, only pulling one (any) of them is enough to activate door. :confused:
Any way to stop this? :o

Anyone? :o

AkyV
09-01-14, 19:10
"More triggers to activate an object" TRLE setup is useless with timers, according to my experiences.
But you can simulate that successfully, with TRNG tools:

GT1 = (FGT_DISABLED)
if Switch A is performing "on" animation, and
if Switch B is performing "on" animation, and
if Switch C is performing "on" animation, and
if Switch D is performing "on" animation, then
set Variable X into 1, and
disable GT1

GT2=
if Switch A is performing "off" animation, or
if Switch B is performing "off" animation, or
if Switch C is performing "off" animation, or
if Switch D is performing "off" animation, then
set Variable X into 0

GT3=
if Switch A is performing "off" animation, and
if Switch B is performing "off" animation, and
if Switch C is performing "off" animation, and
if Switch D is performing "off" animation, then
enable GT1

GT4= (FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED)
if Variable X is 1, then
open the door for 7 seconds

GT5=
if Variable X is 0, then
close the door

Important!
Don't place the usual SWITCH+TRIGGER triggers below the switches.
But, if Lara can't use the switch, then use those SWITCH triggers - but without the TRIGGER triggers!

So
- If all the switches are "on" then the Variable is 1. Now the door opens. (FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED is important, or else the timer start again and again, because the value is 1 continuously, i.e. the door remains open forever.)
- If the timer expires, then the door naturally will close.
- If any switches is "off", then Variable is 0, the door will close/won't open.
- GT3 says you can turn the Variable into 1 if all the switches are off, enabling GT1. (Just think about it, this is what happens with an always enabled GT1: the timer expired, all the switches are "on", but you move only one of them into "off", and then into "on". Now GT1 would turn variable into 1 again, starting the timer again. But it is wrong. I mean, the setup is proper, only if you switch all the switches into "on", after each other, right? That's why if GT turns variable into 1, then it also disables GT1, so the next time when Variable is 1, the timer won't start - except if you move all the switches back to "off" before moving all of them back into "on".) - So I didn't use automatic reset for the switches. That is complicated. It requires a TestPosition command for ANIMATING "fake" switches. But you can try that, if you want. Here you can find an example for how to use fake switches (at part "Codebit 3"):

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle3/akvoncroy.htm#2._OCB_CODEBITS

Raider99
09-01-14, 20:44
Thanks! :tmb:
I'll keep that in mind, but I'm still thinking is it needed to make this part of level timed at all. :)

ThatSassyKid
10-01-14, 12:12
Is there TRLE for Mac?
Along with NGLE, WADMerger, and basically everything else for TRLE? :o

Anyone?

Dustie
10-01-14, 16:00
^ There is TRLE for Mac, but it's the original package that came with the Mac version of Chronicles. I believe there hasn't been any updates since then, official or not, aside maybe from the additional/revised WADs and few extra official texture sets from Core.

There is no NGLE for Mac and most of unofficial tools aren't available for the Mac either, with maybe one or two exceptions, if I'm not mistaken...

Gerty
10-01-14, 16:04
@ ThatSassyKid

Yes there is a TRLE for the MAC, but you need OS 8 or 9 or X Panther.

No you cannot use NGLE or WADmerger, those tools are made for Windows.
There are a few tools around but nothing like they developed for Windows.

Dustie
10-01-14, 16:10
Basically all that's left is to run Windows on a modern (Intel-based) iMac.

SrDanielPonces
10-01-14, 17:03
I pretend to add some swingpole animations to my level.
I want to ask you if they are not buggy or such things? I saw on some levels that they were buggy and Lara grabs the pole on the wrong way...

I want to use Symi's ones ^^

Titak
10-01-14, 17:18
The swingpoles in TRNG are the only ones that don't have that "grabbing in the wrong place" issue I think.

Unless you use a jumpswitch for Lara's initial grabbing of the pole.
That way she'll always grab the pole at the correct height.

SrDanielPonces
10-01-14, 17:30
Great! Do you know the download link to symsi's animations? ^^

TheTiger
10-01-14, 17:51
I reposted them a month ago. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=6959648&postcount=1389

SrDanielPonces
10-01-14, 18:52
Thanks! Works perfectly on my level :hug:

DJ Full
10-01-14, 19:24
Hey hey :) Going basic again: when a pyramid has four diagonal slopes of identical steepness...

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3020/vqmo.jpg

then how to predict or determine the direction Lara will slide in? Thank You in advance :)

SrDanielPonces
11-01-14, 00:19
How to desactivate (antitrigger) a wraith object?

ThatSassyKid
11-01-14, 00:42
Damn :(

The1andOnlyTR
11-01-14, 02:18
Are there any Mac supported programs that I can use to make my textures?
I'm working on getting a PC again but I wanna get a jump on my levels. :)

A_De
11-01-14, 10:14
Does anybody know if animation 158 has any hardcoded things? The problem is Lara can't die on a ground but stucks with this animation. I had to delete a few frames from it before, all stateId seem to be ok but nothing helps...
Edit: this is a swandive animation
Edit 2: nevermind, problem is solved.

AkyV
11-01-14, 11:20
How to desactivate (antitrigger) a wraith object?

- firewraith (Wraith1) or icewraith (Wraith2): lure it into the water.
- Wraith3: lure it to an activated ANIMATING10. (See how it works in the original catacomb.prj of TRLE.)

TRNG methods - some of them is really spectacular!
- A13 (in “ghost trap” mode): wraith3 will start towards the given LARA_START_POS, and will die if it slam into the floor during the time of the “travel”.
- any wraith: try A14 in all the "exploding" modes or "hide" or "remove" mode.

SrDanielPonces
11-01-14, 12:00
^
Thx :hug:

Dustie
11-01-14, 16:59
Hey hey :) Going basic again: when a pyramid has four diagonal slopes of identical steepness...

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/3020/vqmo.jpg

then how to predict or determine the direction Lara will slide in? Thank You in advance :)

I think she's always going to slide straight down onto the red triangle in this case, why wouldn't she...

DJ Full
11-01-14, 17:08
Not directly. She'll either do it to the left or right side:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8976/aeqp.jpg

The point is what determines the slide direction when both go along equally steep slopes. And how (or if) it's possible to change it in such case.

SrDanielPonces
11-01-14, 19:15
My levels is kinda slow on when loading the level. Sometimes it freezes for a few time, but the bar get back again. Isn't there any way to fix?
My level has around 130 rooms. Do you think I should end this level or It's a bug or something?

Dustie
11-01-14, 23:30
Not directly. She'll either do it to the left or right side:

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8976/aeqp.jpg

The point is what determines the slide direction when both go along equally steep slopes. And how (or if) it's possible to change it in such case.

I would have thought she'd go straight down towards the corner of the sector... does she really go towards either of directions you drew up? If that's the case then I guess it might be up to the direction and angle at which she's landing on the tile, that's probably where the direction she'll be sliding down in is calculated from...

I doubt it could be anything you could control.

Titak
12-01-14, 10:29
does she really go towards either of directions you drew up? Unfortunately, yes she does indeed.

No idea how to predict that either.
Does it make a difference if she lands either more to the left or more to the right on the sloped triangle? :ponder:
Or is it like: "if the north-east corner of a tile is raised, Lara always slides of towards the south" (Or west, whichever), or is it a random slinding? This time towards the south, next time towards the west, then again towards the west, then again south, etc.

I've never paid any attention to that...

Soul
12-01-14, 10:47
Or is it like: "if the north-east corner of a tile is raised, Lara always slides of towards the south" This - and I'm quite happy that it is that way, as it would be quite a pain to design jumping sequences, if it wasn't 100% clear how Lara will slide down a triangular slope. (I work with them a lot :D)

It's definitely hardcoded and might be connected to cardinal directions.

DJ Full
12-01-14, 11:10
does she really go towards either of directions you drew up?No, sorry, it seems I was imprecise again :o I mean if there are two equal slopes, those two possibilities should be equally likely to occur, but somehow there's only one direction per each slope Lara can take. In this case, she slides to E on NE/SE slopes, and to W on NW/SW ones.

EDIT... the reason I asked is because I wanted Lara to bounce off a slope and land Lara on the ledge nearby. I was always quite impressed with designers like Lawther and Taras being able to use slopes as their wish :D Now it seems if E/W sliding is indeed a global, unexceptionable and uncontrollable rule, it's actually simple, I'll just remember that and next time I'll design platforming obeying this rule, so Lara can do it as I want. This time I'll just make an additional platform and I'll be fine :) Thank You for help :D

Titak
12-01-14, 11:24
there's only one direction per each slope Lara can take. In this case, she slides to E on NE/SE slopes, and to W on NW/SW ones.
Ah, this answers my questions. :D

Dustie
12-01-14, 18:02
That's valuable information, should be made into a short tutorial or added to tutorials about shaping slopes.

Munin Raven
12-01-14, 21:24
My apologies for basic questions... :o

I'm a little worried I've gone wrong somewhere with my transparent/no collision triangles between rooms. I thought I'd followed the manual instructions by first clicking on 'no collision' and then on each triangle texture (turning them maroon), and then turned on 'face edit' and applying the grey palette colour (second in from top left within the editor); but now I've started to apply lighting, all my triangles are bright white. It's a little unnerving, but maybe that's normal?

http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m433/muninart/TRLE/trle_03_zps5b379fa7.jpg~original (http://s334.photobucket.com/user/muninart/media/TRLE/trle_03_zps5b379fa7.jpg.html)

Also, while on the basic subject of triangles: What do you do with hidden corner triangles within a single room, where you have created a meeting point between the floor and ceiling? They weren't visible while I was building, but when applying textures they become evident at certain angles when manipulating the main view window. Should I ignore them, texture them, or apply transparency to them?

Any help would be appreciated. :)

larafan25
12-01-14, 21:30
I think that's normal, that they're bright white. I normally apply the pink texture to the triangles, though maybe it's different in the original editor (I can't remember).

As for the hidden triangles... I think I know what you're talking about, as I've made many-a-cave. If I believe they cannot be seen, I leave them untextured (they'll appear black in-game), but if they can be seen, I texture them of course.

That cave looks really good BTW. The one thing I haven't quite gotten the hang f in cave-building is making a cave that is both natural and traversable, which it looks like you're doing. :D

Soul
12-01-14, 21:31
I think any colour is OK, as it will look transparent in the game, but if you want to avoid them to be displayed bright white in the editor, you have to use the black colour from the palette.

You can leave the hidden triangles untextured, as the player won't see them either way, but if you want to take advantage of the "show untextured"-feature later (to find faces you actually FORGOT to texture) you better texture them with any placeholder-texture as well.

Munin Raven
12-01-14, 21:51
Thank you both for your quick replies. I feel much better now about continuing. :tmb:

That cave looks really good BTW. The one thing I haven't quite gotten the hang f in cave-building is making a cave that is both natural and traversable, which it looks like you're doing. :D

Oh, thank you, but it's really only a minor part of what I've built so far. You were kind enough to say the same about the last build I did, which was really only to test out a small texture set. Much the same going on here, but for the fact things have gotten way out of hand, and I actually may have half a decent level going on. Still early days, but maybe I'll go further. If not, the community will get a new texture set in a higher quality than the above screenshot depicts. Thanks for the encouragement though. :)

...if you want to take advantage of the "show untextured"-feature later (to find faces you actually FORGOT to texture) you better texture them with any placeholder-texture as well.

Ah, yes. I've just been applying textures from whatever was selected at the time, as I go through each room. I'm very pleased I don't have to go back and change every corner triangle (there's rather a lot), and when I click 'Find Untextured' I seem to be good to go.

Many thanks, folks. :)

Munin Raven
13-01-14, 19:18
Todays problem, which I hope someone can help me with... :o

When I use tom2PC, I add my basic (unedited) tut1.TOM and then click 'Build All', and I get the following error: 'Room Tex Infos: 455'. Does anyone know what this means and what may be causing it? When I clicked 'output wad' in the level editor everything was fine. :(

Edit: Ah... I was searching around old threads and think this may be a texture problem. The 'Room Tex' part in the error does sem to hint at this, but I don't want to start drawing conclusions just yet. So further question...

In the basic TRLE editor, what is the maximum amount of 64x64 squares in a texture set?

Further Edit: I have 256 (64x64) textures, in a .TGA file 256x4096. Hmm... that does seem rather a lot. :confused:

DJ Full
13-01-14, 23:41
I add my basic (unedited) tut1.TOM... , in a .TGA file 256x4096That means the .TOM is edited, because a .tom contains everything (geometry+objects+effects+textures) prepared for conversion.

I get the following error: 'Room Tex Infos: 455'This is no error, only the moment the converter crashes in.

...I have 256 (64x64) texturesThat's a normal TRLE limit. Should be no problem.

Check:
- lightbulb amount (more than 20 will SURELY crash the thing)
- sprite remap value (more than 126 will crash tom2pc)
- number of user defined (non-square) textures, too much might cause problems.

Are You using the most basic TRLE? Without any tuning?

Mulf
14-01-14, 00:05
DJ Full, don't confuse the newbie. There is no problem. TOM2PC just freezes up for a little while during conversion if a certain amount of tex infos is exceeded. You remember the olden days, don't you? :)

DJ Full
14-01-14, 00:25
Actually, I don't. I first peered into LE around 2006, when the NG era was about to explode :( I always regret I missed the beginnings. Maybe this is why I like classic levels :D

And we actually don't know yet if the "newbie" uses just the original trle, or e.g. original wads plus 256x256 textures ;)

Mulf
14-01-14, 00:31
And we actually don't know yet if the "newbie" uses just the original trle, or e.g. original wads plus 256x256 textures ;)

This is technically true, except the newbie explicitly mentioned using 64 x 64 textures. Anyway, if s/he uses TOM2PC for a converter, s/he had better use the original TRLE. :tea:

DJ Full
14-01-14, 01:36
Yeeeaaah... I'm using karnak 64x64 with my pseudo-classic project, but I still work in NG because it's easier :P Let's wait until the builder wakes up :D

A_De
14-01-14, 07:56
When I try to add movables, some of them are missing in game. I set 8 bridges one by one, the problem is the 7-th and 8-th disappeared in game. The 9-th bridge appeared normally, but those two did not. I tried to replace bridges with another movables, and also tried to delete them and add again, but the result was the same. When I replaced them with statics, the statics appeared normally, but the next two movables disappeared again. What might be wrong here? I didn't hit the limits because the level on it's early stage of building. Please, help.

Edit: that was caused by leveljump, because LARA objects had different ID's.

Munin Raven
14-01-14, 16:31
That means the .TOM is edited, because a .tom contains everything (geometry+objects+effects+textures) prepared for conversion.

This is no error, only the moment the converter crashes in.

That's a normal TRLE limit. Should be no problem.

Check:
- lightbulb amount (more than 20 will SURELY crash the thing)
- sprite remap value (more than 126 will crash tom2pc)
- number of user defined (non-square) textures, too much might cause problems.

Are You using the most basic TRLE? Without any tuning?

Thank you DJ Full & Mulf for your time. I'm awake now... sort of. :D

Yes, I'm a noob just using the basic TRLE plus the basic updated wads with all Lara's animations (?) in each one. The level outputs fine in the editor, and I've only placed one object (Lara) to test things out. I wish I had done this earlier as I went along, because I've built rather a lot so far. :(

...lightbulb amount (more than 20 will SURELY crash the thing)

Do shadow bulbs etc... also count towards this number? And by 20, do you mean in each room, or visible (through multiple rooms) at one time ingame? I don't have access to my project right now, but I do have one large space (2 stacked rooms) that has about 18 bulbs altogether (shadow & light) and two more smaller rooms that lead into it with more bulbs that may indeed make it possible to view more than 20 bulbs at some angles in game. I'll have to try deleting some later to see if that helps.

While on the subject of bulbs, now would be a good time to ask about level limits?

...sprite remap value (more than 126 will crash tom2pc)

I have no idea what that is, so unless I've done something without knowing (I've just followed the user manual), then that can't be the cause.

...number of user defined (non-square) textures

Could you explain a little clearer what that entails? I've used rather a lot of 1 click x 4 click etc.. triangles (selected parts of complete texture squares), but I assume that isn't what you mean? :confused:

Just to make clear, I haven't added or modified anything yet, apart from my custom texture set, and when I did a search for the limit it was 256, which you've clarified. Actually, that's what I set my blank .TGA size to, and then filled it up with TRBuilder. I've still got two rows of 64x64 texture space left at the bottom (4 across and 2 deep). Maybe I should fill that black space with hot pink?

Again, I very much appreciate any help with this issue. I would certainly hate to loose what I have already built. But beyond that, I think I would be very reluctant to do more, as I will eventually need to a few new objects or re-texure old ones.

DJ Full
14-01-14, 17:33
20, do you mean in each room, Do shadow bulbs etc... also count towards this number?Yes and yes.While on the subject of bulbs, now would be a good time to ask about level limits?I don't know the classic effect limit, but this might be 256 or 512, regarding the fact 768 is for NG.

Maybe I should fill that black space with hot pink?Not needed.

sprite remap I have no idea what that isthis is overall number of texture pages in .tom file (so wad+tga pages). Increases when using lots of user-defined textures and off-portal transparency.

user-defined textures Could you explain a little clearer what that entails? I've used rather a lot of 1 click x 4 click, but I assume that isn't what you mean? :confused:It is. And this is exactly what in Your case (just Lara object used) has the greatest influence on sprite remap value.

But the error might be anything, so it's sometimes worth to delete suspicious rooms subsequently, saving and outputting inbetween, so if the problem is local not global, such search helps locate it. Also:

I would suggest switching to NG editor. You can stick to classic building, but the new editor is better, because it recognizes more error types and lists level limits precisely:

Normal TRLE info

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1432/3s9k.jpg

NG info :D

http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/2627/ai0x.jpg

SrDanielPonces
14-01-14, 21:03
How To start a Level with lara on a bike, like in the City levels? (Without Lara_Start_Pos on the start of the level, if It's possible.)

EDIT: If it is not possible without using Lara_Start_Pos, how can I do it with them?

Uzi master
14-01-14, 23:21
If lara was riding a bike at the end of the last level, she should still be at the start of the next level, so long as the proper objects are in both WAD's

SrDanielPonces
14-01-14, 23:24

EDIT: When Lara goes to the finish trigger without the bike, she jumps to the other level without problems. When she triggers it with the bike, it crashes to desktop, since the motorbike is on the wad too.

Mulf
15-01-14, 04:57
Yes, I'm a noob just using the basic TRLE

To clarify, I wasn't using the title "newbie" disparagingly. You're doing what I would do, and what I'd advise every other newbie to do: begin at the beginning and work your way up and out from there. :)
A "noob", on the other hand, I consider to know nothing and not wanting to know anything; one who wants to have anything presented to them on a silver platter, and best in the form of an editor button marked "make awesome level". We've had our fair share of those types.

I've used rather a lot of 1 click x 4 click etc.. triangles (selected parts of complete texture squares)

Yeah, that is what what eventually put a sudden end to my own first level, because the triggers wouldn't work anymore. Selecting bits and pieces of textures is good and well, but every time you select and apply another one, this goes into the Tex Info count. Use with caution!

AkyV
15-01-14, 06:49

EDIT: When Lara goes to the finish trigger without the bike, she jumps to the other level without problems. When she triggers it with the bike, it crashes to desktop, since the motorbike is on the wad too.

Place the bike even in the level where Lara goes to. You can place it anywhere in the map.

Munin Raven
15-01-14, 19:05
DJ Full: Thanks for explaining a few things. I think I understand now what you mean by 'sprite remap'. Everytime you compile the level, it runs through all the miscellaneous universal sprites like gun flares, blood, etc... ?

Unfortunately I can't get NG to work correctly on my current rig, but I have an old pc gathering dust, so I might try to set it up on that. I only started building this level to test out a custom texture set I wanted to release for the community, and it would help to work in 128x128. But unfortunately, I've since become too addicted to building caves, so that's me screwed more than usual when it comes to free time! :D

...A "noob", on the other hand, I consider to know nothing and not wanting to know anything; one who wants to have anything presented to them on a silver platter, and best in the form of an editor button marked "make awesome level". We've had our fair share of those types.

Haha, I've run into a few of those types in other creative areas. It always puzzles me why people like that think about doing something creative in the first place. They certainly lack a rudimentary level of inquisitiveness, curiosity, and a general creative tendency. :confused:

Oh, and not to worry... I didn't take your comment negatively. You were just making a correct observation. I always try to fiddle around on my own, or search for answers before asking questions. There's the old adage that you never really learn how to do something until you first learn how not to do it (by your own mistakes). I've always found that to be deeply true. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I tracked back to an earlier save that I found worked, and then tried subsequent ones until it failed. To be honest, I cannot for the life of me figure out what might have caused the problem, because I'm 99% certain nothing was added or changed between the two saves (sometimes I just save after a while, even if I've only been sat there for ten minutes thinking out the way I want Lara to be able to traverse a room. So maybe the file just got currupted? :confused:

Anyway, I've lost a good chunk of work, but I'm kind of glad it happened at this stage, because I'm now more aware of things to keep in mind. I'll certainly be outputting and testing regularly from now on, so any future issues can be caught before I potentially loose too much.

Thanks again for your time, DJ Full & Mulf. You've more than likely saved me quite a bit of grief later down the line. :tmb:

SrDanielPonces
15-01-14, 22:41
Place the bike even in the level where Lara goes to. You can place it anywhere in the map.

Forgot to answer, sorry.. Well, It works ^^ :hug:

-------------------------------------
Anyway, I'm asking something that I did before, but I really can't remember how to do it. Also idk which section it is on skribblerz.

I have a button (switch) and a trapdoor. I want the trapdoor to open only 1-2 seconds after it is triggered. How?

AkyV
16-01-14, 06:44
Negative timing.
I.e. you need to type a negative value in the Timer window at the SWITCH trigger. Not a positive one as usual.

SrDanielPonces
16-01-14, 19:59
It says I can not overlap special triggers.

THOR2010
16-01-14, 20:03
are u editing the original switch trigger or did u try putting another one down on top of the original switch trigger?

SrDanielPonces
16-01-14, 20:18
Oh, sorry ^_^

I changed the timer on the trapdoor trigger, my bad.

lance6439
18-01-14, 16:30
After looking at this gallery I've been inspired to wanting to learn how to make levels again. omg. My imagination + this = amazing possibilities.
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=authors&userid=156
http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=getlist&typeid=9&sort=downloads
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/1767

SrDanielPonces
18-01-14, 21:23
I'm having a problem about multiple switches to open a door.

I have 8 switches, but I want only three of them to work.
I read the tutorial, but it seems not to work.
On the first switch, there is the button 1 pressed on the ocb. The second, the button number 2 is pressed. And, the three switch, the buttons number 3, 4 and five are pressed. I putted the trigger for the door under the switch, and, a switch for switch type trigger.
But it seems to now work, only one of the switches can open the door.

Uzi master
18-01-14, 21:36
You don't change the buttons on the switches themselves, but the switch triggers.

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 00:26
:/ Doesn't work...
I made a gif here to show what I did, just to not flood the post with images.

http://i.imgur.com/sBLdbyH.gif

EDIT: The gif hasn't a very good quality, but in the last screen the door is closed.

Uzi master
19-01-14, 00:52
You set up the buttons wrong, that is to say all the ones that should be pushed are not and all the ones that shouldn't be are. Triggers start with all five buttons pushed, unlike objects which start with all five un-pushed.

tombraiderxii
19-01-14, 09:28
Erm... in my level the editor says I reached the maximum amount of boxes (yet again) in my canyon hub, and now the enemies are bugging out running in 1 direction... :(

And the level is nowhere near finished....

Does this mean I need to split the level (again...) to avoid this? :(

Titak
19-01-14, 10:43
Yes.
Or you could try splitting doors. Like when a door is a whole wall long and there are wallsections in the next room (which appear as green tiles in the black door) you can delete the door and make seperate doors, only in between the wallsections.

Another thing that seems to make a difference is when you slope the floors of rooms of which the floor is not visble to the player.

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 13:30
You set up the buttons wrong, that is to say all the ones that should be pushed are not and all the ones that shouldn't be are. Triggers start with all five buttons pushed, unlike objects which start with all five un-pushed.
---- (Works now)

lance6439
19-01-14, 17:25
Looking at the manual and cant find how to enable an outfit :/

I want to use this

but how do I trigger it to show?

Adaethus
19-01-14, 17:27
Take a look at this. (http://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=7)

lance6439
19-01-14, 17:54
Thank you!

Also, there was this cool mouse tool that lets you rotate and look around the room better (rather than using the keyboard)

does anyone know what I'm talking about? :)

Adaethus
19-01-14, 17:56
Thank you!

Also, there was this cool mouse tool that lets you rotate and look around the room better (rather than using the keyboard)

does anyone know what I'm talking about? :)

I know exactly what you're talking about, let me find it for you... :pi:

EDIT: go on here (http://www.skribblerz.com/editortools.htm) and scroll down.
You'll see "MousePatch v2 - Larson 08" on there. :tmb:

lance6439
19-01-14, 18:03
Thank you so much! :D

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 18:58
How to do those sky effects that are on the city level? (and on the coastal level, if I'm correct.)

Caesum
19-01-14, 19:12
A level must have a special horizon object(you can find it in any TR4 outdoor level) and there must be a pcsky.raw file present in your graphics/wads folder.

Then you must have these lines in your Script.txt
Horizon= ENABLED
Layer1= 56,72,8,16

By Layer1 you can define what colors clouds should have. First three values are R, G, B color and the last one is for speed of clouds. There's also Layer2= available but I don't know what it does. If you want to have lightings like in City of the Dead or Ireland(TRC) you can also use: Lightning=ENABLED

robbie_rawr
19-01-14, 19:39
Hi there, new to the Level editor scene and just wanted to know if anyone knows how to make a custom lara model (yes i know is difficult and extremely time consuming.) OR can point me in the right direction. :D

AkyV
19-01-14, 19:43
There's also Layer2= available but I don't know what it does.

See more about Layer2 here:

http://www.skribblerz.com/tuts/ngle/ngle3/akweathercomplete.htm

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 20:11
A level must have a special horizon object(you can find it in any TR4 outdoor level) and there must be a pcsky.raw file present in your graphics/wads folder.

Then you must have these lines in your Script.txt

By Layer1 you can define what colors clouds should have. First three values are R, G, B color and the last one is for speed of clouds. There's also Layer2= available but I don't know what it does. If you want to have lightings like in City of the Dead or Ireland(TRC) you can also use: Lightning=ENABLED

Doesn't work.
I have sky_sprites on my wad, btw.
I tried to remove the horizon from my wad and see if they work, but still, nothing :/

Mulf
19-01-14, 20:21
Doesn't work.

Then you're doing it wrong, again. Because Caesum told you all there is to it. Did you convert the script after you added those lines to it? Did you actually change the script at all?

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 20:23
^

Why would I not save the script?

Dustie
19-01-14, 21:12
Did you recompile it, though? And did you output the TOM file for the level after placing the horizon in the WAD?

Hi there, new to the Level editor scene and just wanted to know if anyone knows how to make a custom lara model (yes i know is difficult and extremely time consuming.) OR can point me in the right direction. :D

There should be threads about making models and making outfits around the main Level Editor section somewhere... try using search for custom outfits threads or object making threads.

SrDanielPonces
19-01-14, 21:14
^
Eww... Sure? I always click on 'play' when I want to test it. c:

Controfiliburu
20-01-14, 01:59
Hey guys :wve:
Can somebody upload or pm me with the full metasequoia version? Every time I download it from the metaseq.net it is lacking of necessary features.

sapper
20-01-14, 11:21
^ Make sure you switch basic mode off.

croftyboy
20-01-14, 15:13
I'm using windows 8.

A few months ago I tired of level editor and uninstalled it but now I wanna use it again,I downloaded it but setup.exe doesn't open.I click it and cursor turns into this circle thing blue circle you understand I hope.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/128/9/1/windows_8_rc_cursors_by_franmonzter-d4yzf3o.png

And than poof nothing happens.Setup.exe doesn't open.I tried a few compatible adjustments and tried in adminstrator mode but didn't worked.

Titak
20-01-14, 16:56
^
Btw, are you using the original CD that came with the TRC game or are you using some downloaded version?

Not that I know how to get it working on your end, but it might make a difference.
I'm using the original CD and have no problems with it on my Win8 laptop.

croftyboy
20-01-14, 18:22
^^

Downloaded,but I was always downloading it when I want to setup but it doesn't now.

SrDanielPonces
20-01-14, 18:39
Hey guys :wve:
Can somebody upload or pm me with the full metasequoia version? Every time I download it from the metaseq.net it is lacking of necessary features.

I can give u if u want ^^

klona
20-01-14, 18:42
Looking at the manual and cant find how to enable an outfit :/

I want to use this

but how do I trigger it to show?

Download the item and WADMerger.
http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/22/

1- Open WADMerger
2- Load the WAD you're using on the left side.
3- Load the outfit WAD you want on the right side.
4- Click on all of the stuff on the right side and click on "Copy" for each to replace the old outfit.
5- Click on "Save WAD" and wait until the saving is over.
6- Now you can use the outfit when you select the WAD you just saved for your level.

croftyboy
20-01-14, 19:21
I installed trle to my sister laptop which is windows7 and copied folders to my laptop :D
It's solved thank for every attention ;)

Titak
20-01-14, 19:58
^
Neat trick. :D

Godo to hear it is working again. :tmb:

lance6439
20-01-14, 20:08
Download the item and WADMerger.
http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/22/

1- Open WADMerger
2- Load the WAD you're using on the left side.
3- Load the outfit WAD you want on the right side.
4- Click on all of the stuff on the right side and click on "Copy" for each to replace the old outfit.
5- Click on "Save WAD" and wait until the saving is over.
6- Now you can use the outfit when you select the WAD you just saved for your level.

Thank you so much! :D :tmb:

SrDanielPonces
20-01-14, 20:20
A flipmap question:

I have two rooms, and only the corners have doors (on the floor). And I want to change the flipmap to put some doors on the center of the room, but I cant. The room should be setted too on the original one with toggle opacity 1 or not?

Kapu
20-01-14, 20:32
A flipmap question:

I have two rooms, and only the corners have doors (on the floor). And I want to change the flipmap to put some doors on the center of the room, but I cant. The room should be setted too on the original one with toggle opacity 1 or not?

can you add/delete doors in a flipped room? :ponder: i'm not an expert on flipmaps but i feel like that's one of the things that's not possible...of course i could be totally wrong. but try this: in the non-flipped room create all the doors you want, in the corners and in the center. but use toggle opacity 1 on the doors you want to appear in the flipped room so lara can't pass through them, and texture them like they're part of the floor. then in the flipped room, remove the opacity 1 from the doors and add it to the doors in the corners. this way the doors "change" without actually changing - it's just a trick. like i said i'm not an expert, but i think this should fix the door problem...forgive me if i'm totally off! lol

croftyboy
20-01-14, 21:02
A flipmap question:

Flipmap rooms can only carry static objects.Door's are entities so flipmaps cant have doors.The doors in original room will be in the flipped room.Every moveable thing will be in flipped room but none of static meshes.You must put static meshes to the flipped room too.

SrDanielPonces
20-01-14, 22:39
Thank you all ^^

I have another problem... The editor seems that he doesn't want to convert it...
The editor freezes when I click on "play".
I tried to do it manually, and then it says the .tom file is not valid or something.

There's what it says:

***Build All Begin***
Version: Tomb_NextGenerations.dll (v.1.2.2.7)
Current file has no Extra NG Header
Converting C:\Program Files\Core Design\TRLE\graphics\wads\settomb.TOM
ERROR: This is not a RoomEdit 24.TOM
Room Tex Infos: 0
ERROR: Object wad version 129, room wad version 0
Done sprite remap (74)
Object Meshes: 928 Null: 306
Using Default Sky Texture File
Cant Seem To Load C:\Program Files\Core Design\TRLE\graphics\wads\settomb.tom
***Build All Complete***

THOR2010
20-01-14, 23:25
does it also freeze when u select output wad manually?

one one of my projects it freezes byt still makes the .tom

SrDanielPonces
21-01-14, 01:43
It doesn't.
It freezes when I click on play.
And, when I output it manually, the NG_Tomb2Pc works, but it shows some error and the level isn't updated in-game.
I have a recently backup on my le folder, but I want to know if I can fix that problem instead of starting that big flipmap ^_^

Raider99
21-01-14, 11:52
Nevermind

THOR2010
23-01-14, 07:33
is there a way to get wadmerger to automatically copy static objects into the extra slots?

Titak
23-01-14, 16:39
^
No.

Would be nice if it could.
But it stops with the automatic copying once all default slots are filled. :(

DJ Full
23-01-14, 17:06
Yep... pretty annoying. Or, if automatic copying is not possible, Turbo Pascal or Sapper could at least make the keyboard selection, so the list would automatically shuffle through slots beginning on letter pressed just like it happens in the editor. You know - You press "E" and You get subsequently selected: EARTHQUAKE, EXAMINE1, EXAMINE2, EXAMINE3, EXTRA0, EXTRA1... You press "B" and it brings BAT, BINOCULARS, BIGMEDI_ITEM and so on. There would be no more need to drag and scroll the whole list every slot copied.

TheBloodRed
23-01-14, 22:05
DJ Full, make that happen! I don't know how many times I get lost in that list!! xD

THOR2010
26-01-14, 02:07
what would cause this single triangle on laras leg mesh to disappear at this camera angle only?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/546/2wu9.png

Mulf
26-01-14, 05:41
My guess would be that it's not actually a triangle, but a quadrangle bent out of shape.

aidanmalone
26-01-14, 12:28
Are there any high quality TR2/3 style balustrades which would suit the old style manors rather than the smooth straight slope with stairs? :o

EDIT: No need to worry about that anymore :D Feel free to ignore this post

A_De
26-01-14, 21:19
I noticed that when baddies being behind some statics shoot Lara, she can't revenge because of collision blocking her shots. However the collision does not stop baddies' shots. Can i somehow fix this? I remember that in TR2 GM the static grate was an actual obstacle to pass, but not bullet-proof, and i'd like to have the same in TRLE.

Mulf
26-01-14, 23:02
Baddies' range weapons will pass through objects regardless of collision, which has been a major grievance for me ever since I first tried to be clever during fights.

There is no regular way to fix this (as far as I know), but I intend to use TRNG's fragmentary triggers on invisible bridge objects to provide some objects with floor collision (which is the only kind of collision enemies recognize; doors and RAISING_BLOCKs etc. all modify floor collision too). This has the added advantage that the camera won't pass through these objects, and that Lara can stand on them. :)

This workaround requires a lot of additional scripting, obviously. Baddies simply recognising object collision would be a much appreciated feature, thank you. :ponder:

A_De
27-01-14, 06:41
Baddies actually react to statics (not sure about collision calculation), but in a weird way, so i have no idea if we can use it. I noticed this during making a cutscene where the baddy changed his route a bit when static was added on his way. May be it has something to do with AI as AI_AMBUSH was used. But baddy still ignores collision itself.

Munin Raven
27-01-14, 19:12
Question: Have the jade guardians from TR2's Floating Islands been successfully converted to be functioning correctly? Or at least working without the transformation process?

mizuno_suisei
28-01-14, 06:01
Question: Have the jade guardians from TR2's Floating Islands been successfully converted to be functioning correctly? Or at least working without the transformation process?

I actually went through this last night by co-incidence. There's a jade guardian download from TRSEARCH but it's in the animating slot (the green sleeping version) and then Baddy_2 for the actual awoken enemy. In theory it works ok (having the enemy green then turn to usual colours when triggered) but it is quite finicky. I find that the enemy runs WAY too fast and when it hits Lara, it pushes her around a massive amount and I find it almost impossible to shoot at it (shame TR4 onwards didn't keep the 'keep target' lock on function or it'd be alot easier)

My idea I thought of trying was

-Use flipeffect anim commands to meshswap each mesh during the Animating's animation to make it appear as if it's turning to life, then in the final frame, flipeffect triggering baddy_2 and make the animating dissapear

then;

-Lengthen the death animation on the Baddy_2 item and doing the same meshswap process to turn it back into the green version then a flipeffect to shatter the meshes at the end, effectively killing it.

Time consuming, but hopefully possible!

I'm not too good with actual internal enemy activity editing but perhaps one day someone could convert this enemy into a different slot, specifically one that doesn't stop and 'defend itself' as the guardian will just stop randomely and face lara in it's spot and not move until she gets closer and/or holsters her gun, much like the original baddy_2 process except he would swing around his knives to deflect bullets. Maybe an enemy slot that creates a small earthquake effect when walking around like in TR2? (TR4 demigod I believe does this) but that could also probably be done with flipeffects in it's walking animation.

disapearing-boy
28-01-14, 13:37
I'm not too good with actual internal enemy activity editing but perhaps one day someone could convert this enemy into a different slot, specifically one that doesn't stop and 'defend itself' as the guardian will just stop randomely and face lara in it's spot and not move until she gets closer and/or holsters her gun, much like the original baddy_2 process except he would swing around his knives to deflect bullets. Maybe an enemy slot that creates a small earthquake effect when walking around like in TR2? (TR4 demigod I believe does this) but that could also probably be done with flipeffects in it's walking animation.

For a quick fix, copy him into the Baddy_1 slot.;) He doesn't defend himself and has all the same animations as Baddy_2. He will still run too fast though.

He is pushing Lara alot because he still thinks he's Baddy_2. The Baddy has a much shorter range than the spears so he moves closer to Lara to attack.

In TRNG, we can increase the distance (range) for an attack. The standard value for the baddy sword attack is 50 (very close) so you should increase that (maybe try 100). This will make the enemy strike from further away, and if he get's too close he will try to reposition himself. And consider lowering his speed/acceleration in Wadmerger.

Another slot would've been ideal. But that's alot of work!! I'm not even sure which slot would be best. Demigod's have their own bugs in TR4 (PC only) where one freezes till the other dies.:ponder:

THOR2010
28-01-14, 18:42
the scorpion slot would be good so that they can impale lara upon death like in tr2