PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

Seth94
24-08-08, 13:27
Hello, I just need help with a few things. I don't know how to put down textures, I thought you just had to drag the textures to the place you wanted them to be:p. And, how do you give Lara a new outfit?

Are you sure you pressed the FACE EDIT button before texturing?

@thecentaur- yours was the 1000th post, mine's the 1000th reply! :D

God Horus
24-08-08, 15:53
thanks for enjoying my level, i know i don't :P

w00t 1000th post of this thread!

on topic, anyone can give me ideas for a new location to build?

I usually play other LE levels to get inspiration for levels to build. Maybe an Egyptian Floating Islands level like you said in the Elements chat? Your still working on Year of the Dragon right?

thecentaur
24-08-08, 15:54
nope i hated year of the dragon especially object building, so yeah egypt it is ;)

God Horus
24-08-08, 15:56
My favorite Egypt level of all time was probably the one in Ancient Artifact by Max (I love that game!)

thecentaur
24-08-08, 15:57
hehe that's where i'm getting my inspiration :D

God Horus
24-08-08, 22:00
Does anyone know where I can find some good ice textures? (like the ones from Himalayan Mysteries with magenta background and specks of snow on them)

thecentaur
24-08-08, 22:01
making them couldn't be that hard, i've tried and it was easy

tombcroft3
25-08-08, 09:05
I want to put the a dessert eagle /or ranger in my weapons list ive got wad merger do i put it in there

Flame
25-08-08, 10:57
How can i add a shining effect to the objects i have made myself ?:)

Titak
25-08-08, 11:15
^
This can be done in Strpix.

- Make sure the object/mesh is imported as animating, otherwise the game will crash.
- Next to the textureswindow is a little box that says 'shining'. You can type a number up to 31 in there. The higher the number, the more shine you'll get.
- Once you have entered a number, you can pick any texture you want and apply it to the mesh/object. The texture will then have the shiny effect ingame. :D
- Don't forget the set shining back to 0 when you are going to apply textures to an mesh/object imported as static again. ;)

God Horus
25-08-08, 18:03
^
This can be done in Strpix.
- Make sure the object/mesh is imported as animating, otherwise the game will crash.- Next to the textureswindow is a little box that says 'shining'. You can type a number up to 31 in there. The higher the number, the more shine you'll get. - Once you have entered a number, you can pick any texture you want and apply it to the mesh/object. The texture will then have the shiny effect ingame. :D- Don't forget the set shining back to 0 when you are going to apply textures to an mesh/object imported as static again. ;)

When I was re-texturing my manor columns so they look slightly shiny, I forgot to set the shininess back to zero so I ended up making the legs of my Lara in an animation slot shiny too :vlol:

tombcroft3
25-08-08, 18:14
what button to i press to get a new room

Titak
25-08-08, 18:22
At the Room buttons sections (right underneath the 2D grid window) is a select button.
Click it and select and Empty room from the list. ;)

tombcroft3
25-08-08, 20:08
thnks found it but i lost the ********** tutorial page it wont let me in

tombcroft3
25-08-08, 20:09
thnks found it but i lost the tutorial page it wont let me in

zappo3000
27-08-08, 14:29
thnks found it but i lost the tutorial page it wont let me in

what do you mean?

God Horus
28-08-08, 20:42
I have a question for you all... How do I make a fire timed run like in Palace Midas, where the fire is active until you step on the tile which deactivates it, and then it become active again after around 15 seconds?

Flame
28-08-08, 20:45
Deleted Post

Seth94
28-08-08, 22:12
I have a question for you all... How do I make a fire timed run like in Palace Midas, where the fire is active until you step on the tile which deactivates it, and then it become active again after around 15 seconds?

Trigger all the fires at the start of the game. Then when on the tile, set an antitrigger for 15 seconds. (I haven't tried but I think this is right using common sense.) ;)

tombcroft3
28-08-08, 22:35
im doing my tutorial with ngle were's the w button i see R M F buttons but not W for water

Seth94
28-08-08, 22:52
im doing my tutorial with ngle were's the w button i see R M F buttons but not W for water

Press Normal and you will see water appear. Others are:

snow
Quick Sand, etc. :)

tombcroft3
28-08-08, 23:17
ok thank you

tombcroft3
29-08-08, 22:47
i want to finish and end bak at the title how can i do that.

MyRaider4Life
29-08-08, 23:10
need help when i add an object it turns out as Lara's bum when i play the game

Wayne_Scales
29-08-08, 23:39
need help when i add an object it turns out as Lara's bum when i play the game

What wad are you using. I think this happens when you output the wrong wad you are using for your level. For example, if you are using the tut1 wad and then you output the wad to settomb;)

MyRaider4Life
29-08-08, 23:42
i made my own wad

stranger1992
29-08-08, 23:47
i made my own wad
:jmp:

Wayne_Scales
29-08-08, 23:48
i made my own wad

Please more info.

You need to name you wad to something and convert the tom.file. In the script at the level=Data/"X" . Put the name of the wad here and convert it. Are you using ngle. I'm not familar with scripting using the winroomedit because i am new to this

MyRaider4Life
29-08-08, 23:49
no just the normal winroom

Wayne_Scales
29-08-08, 23:53
Again more info. I can't help you if you can't be more specific. The name of your wad? If you are starting out, build a wad with tut1 and output the wad to tut1.wad and then build it using tomp2pc adding the tut1.tom and play. Read the manuel and do the tutorial, you will then become much more familar with the files you are working with and you will get a greater understanding of the level editor:)

aktrekker
30-08-08, 07:26
@MyRaider4Life - you must output wad to the same name as your wad. After that you can rename the .tr4 file to anything you want.

@tombcroft3 - you need a finish trigger. In the box next to Finish, type 99. That will send you to the title.

tombcroft3
03-09-08, 16:23
hi i played the tomb raider search emergancy game which was really good.
I would like to put some ojects they used into my game like the vector pistols were can i get them from

Xico15
03-09-08, 16:31
Why don´t you try searching it at TRLE Search Engine (www.trsearch.org)?:wve:

tombcroft3
04-09-08, 16:17
how do u use trep

aktrekker
05-09-08, 07:17
Read the instructions that come with it.

God Horus
06-09-08, 14:44
This is probably a stupid question...but do you know how I can modify something in Meta without everything else moving? Like, I am trying to move something, but when I try to, everything else moves along with it... I can't really explain it, sorry.

Here's a screen of what I'm trying to do: http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u338/JesseCalay/problemplzhelp.jpg

I want to move one of the wooden panels outwards but when I try to all of them move.

Seth94
06-09-08, 14:49
Is this your room? Well why don't you put the room underneath and then the part that sticks out on top, like a ledge!

God Horus
06-09-08, 15:05
Is this your room? Well why don't you put the room underneath and then the part that sticks out on top, like a ledge!

I'm sorry I don't understand what you said :o

Not As We
06-09-08, 17:17
you could cut and paste the panel,
then move it,

:)

Titak
06-09-08, 18:36
You could also use the Extrude (Extrd) feature. ;)

God Horus
06-09-08, 18:46
You could also use the Extrude (Extrd) feature. ;)

Thank you so much! :hug: It works awesome it is really helping to make some of those wooden panels in my manor look more realistic!

tombcroft3
07-09-08, 00:14
i ive got a bit of a problem how can u remove a finish trigger

God Horus
07-09-08, 00:16
You click on the trigger in the 2D map then you hit the delete key which is on the keyboard. :wve:

tombcroft3
07-09-08, 00:18
thnks

tombcroft3
10-09-08, 16:31
trw is for lara aminations right

Wayne_Scales
10-09-08, 18:34
Yes i think that is the file name for an animation.

Could anyone tell me how to fix sounds in my wad using SFX

Help greatly appreciated

Wayne_Scales
11-09-08, 13:42
Does anyone know. Has anyone experiened any animating texture problems with v50 projects with ngle?:)

Big Lara Fan
11-09-08, 20:10
Hey everyone :wve:

How do you combine texture files? :p

Seth94
11-09-08, 20:37
Hey everyone :wve:

How do you combine texture files? :p

If you mean add textures to an existing texture set then use T Builder, which allows you to copy the textures you want from one set to another. :D

Big Lara Fan
12-09-08, 01:55
If you mean add textures to an existing texture set then use T Builder, which allows you to copy the textures you want from one set to another. :D

Thanks! :hug:

MyRaider4Life
13-09-08, 09:05
Hey,

I have a problem whenever i try to make a wad with WADMerger when i add the Lara wad it adds but when i click on it the actual object is not there and then when i use the wad in my game it is TR4 Lara.

Help :hea:

stranger1992
13-09-08, 09:18
Did you add LARA_SKIN,LARA_SKIN JOINT's ect?

You add all the objects you get with the outfit download. :)

MyRaider4Life
13-09-08, 09:37
i did but when i go to animation view it is not there.

tombcroft3
18-09-08, 17:45
how can i delete walls collums

Wayne_Scales
18-09-08, 19:10
In the plan view grid, click on the green square [the wall column] and press the Floor button situated above the wall button

God Horus
18-09-08, 21:44
Does anyone have any suggestions for making a dark, scary, hell level? I don't want to place flame emitters everyone, right now I am using 32,32,32 ambiance in all my rooms and adding sun bulbs with certain colours. Any tips on how I can make my level more spooky?

d|r
20-09-08, 03:34
Does anyone have any suggestions for making a dark, scary, hell level? I don't want to place flame emitters everyone, right now I am using 32,32,32 ambiance in all my rooms and adding sun bulbs with certain colours. Any tips on how I can make my level more spooky?

Creepy ambiance. Some enemies that appear out of thin air. Ghosts that flicker across the screen...:mis:

aktrekker
20-09-08, 07:15
Sound effects and the background ambient sound will make a BIG difference. You can make a Sunday picnic scary with the right sound effects.

Wayne_Scales
20-09-08, 15:21
How do i put collesion on an animating object. When i calculated frame collesion in animeditor it didn't work. I know i could use an invisble static but i can't get invisible static up against a wall, it doesn't let you move it in animeditor. Any ideas :)

Shauni
20-09-08, 15:31
How do i put collesion on an animating object. When i calculated frame collesion in animeditor it didn't work. I know i could use an invisble static but i can't get invisible static up against a wall, it doesn't let you move it in animeditor. Any ideas :)
I've not made a collision box in the animation editor before, I've always used Stripx.
Open Stripx, select your object from the Static Meshes box & then click "Automatic Bound". That should work as far as I know.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a277/BlueMoonCafe/helpingStripx.jpg

Wayne_Scales
20-09-08, 15:33
It only works with statics, not animating;) I want an animating object with collesion

Larson_1988
20-09-08, 20:15
Hello everyone. :wve: I'm temporarily resigning the LE world because i don't have my own PC, just borrowing one and i don't really feel good about installing LE on that one. But i'll definetly peek in this section to look at all the wonderful levels/objects being made! :)

God Horus
20-09-08, 20:20
^^Hope you get your PC fixed soon! Your level was looking quite nice :D

@Wayne I was searching the forum for this and I found a reallly old post by Titak talking about adding collision to and animating object: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=403627&postcount=5

It only works with statics, not animating;) I want an animating object with collesion

tombcroft3
20-09-08, 20:26

a gothic dark atmosphere like an old cathedral with hidden underground catacombes leading into the depths of hell and an aod aperance. with some undead enemies.
btw have u played the game thief that has many good scary stuff in you could get textures from that.
http://cavi.univ-paris3.fr/phalese/MaldororHtml/images/catacombes
if this pic dont show then il give a link to it
http://hellgateguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1429
Sorry my spelling is bad

God Horus
21-09-08, 15:05
OK, so I've decided to make an intro cut to my level, but I am having some issues. The intro cut is basically a flyby of the manor showing Lara doing various things. I spent ages getting Lara in an animating slot so I could make this cut. The first thing I want to show is Lara standing at the edge of her pool, stretching, (got this anim already) then she dives inside, swims forwards, resurfaces, and stays at the surface for a few seconds. I tried this so many times but ingame it looks weird since I don;t know which anims I should chain together. Can anyone help?

Wayne_Scales
21-09-08, 15:46
Hmm, in animeditor, select the stretch animation and in the next animation box type 157 then go to the animation 157 and type 158 in the next animation box, to get her to resurface would be hard, try and link up some of those animations

badboy70
21-09-08, 17:57
Hey, I have a small question.

How can I make an object semi-transparent ?

I'm trying to make fog. But I don't know how to have it a little bit transparent =/

thecentaur
21-09-08, 17:59
take a look at the objects from jade empire or something.. then try to build something like that..... i dunno if there is such a thing as translucency on strpix... hmm

badboy70
21-09-08, 18:04
take a look at the objects from jade empire or something.. then try to build something like that..... i dunno if there is such a thing as translucency on strpix... hmmI saw the things in Strangers level that seemed gradually transparent too. It was the puzzle where you had to jump to colored blocks, if you jumped on the correct block it lit up.

thecentaur
21-09-08, 18:08
oh i believe that's simply just a black to white gradient, and black is transparent when set

badboy70
21-09-08, 18:10
oh i believe that's simply just a black to white gradient, and black is transparent when set
Ermm, and how do I do that ? :p

thecentaur
21-09-08, 18:11
set the texture to transparent :p

badboy70
21-09-08, 18:17
set the texture to transparent :pSeems to be working, thanks :D

tombcroft3
25-09-08, 23:29
hi i saw some screens and a trailer about this tomb raider game called the mystery and was wondering out of interest when the game is coming out

God Horus
26-09-08, 00:05
Teme9 is making it, right now, none of us know when it will come out (it looks awesome doesn't it?) :D

Crayons
26-09-08, 00:42
How do you add music to a flyby, or add sfx for the level (ambience), and how do you make the floor a different sound when Lara steps on it?

ALSO, I know you use the white thingy to make a horizon, but it's always black. :confused:

Edit: How do you make a switch, or key to a keyslot, cause something else to happen, like a door opens..

MUCH MUCH MUCH appreciated if these could get answered ASAP. :)

teme9
26-09-08, 06:48
hi i saw some screens and a trailer about this tomb raider game called the mystery and was wondering out of interest when the game is coming out

I have no planned release date yet, but I can tell you that it is coming along quite nicely. I might give small teaser (again :D) in few weeks.

aktrekker
26-09-08, 07:43
How do you add music to a flyby, or add sfx for the level (ambience), and how do you make the floor a different sound when Lara steps on it?

For ambient music, you have to edit the script. The line for your level that says
Level=levelname,104
The 104 is the number of the sound track for the level.
For floor sounds, in the texture panel click the Texture Sounds button. You can set the sound for the different tiles.

ALSO, I know you use the white thingy to make a horizon, but it's always black. :confused:
You use the BLACK color in the palette, the one in the top left corner. It will show as white in the LE, but the horizon when you play.

Edit: How do you make a switch, or key to a keyslot, cause something else to happen, like a door opens..

If you don't know how to use triggers yet, I REALLY recommend reading the manual and doing the tutorial level. You will learn how to use triggers to open doors or do other things.

tombcroft3
26-09-08, 08:01
I have no planned release date yet, but I can tell you that it is coming along quite nicely. I might give small teaser (again :D) in few weeks.

hay cool um not to brake the subject but u do u like nightwish just that it was used in one of your trailers

Crayons
26-09-08, 17:38
For ambient music, you have to edit the script. The line for your level that says
Level=levelname,104
For floor sounds, in the texture panel click the Texture Sounds button. You can set the sound for the different tiles.

You use the BLACK color in the palette, the one in the top left corner. It will show as white in the LE, but the horizon when you play.

If you don't know how to use triggers yet, I REALLY recommend reading the manual and doing the tutorial level. You will learn how to use triggers to open doors or do other things.

I know how to use triggers, I'm not a noob, :p, just very inexperienced.
The manual doesn't really help me much because it refers to that tut level, which is sort of kind of irrelevant. But thanks anyway, this is REALLY helpful!!

tombcroft3
26-09-08, 22:03
how do make lara dangel swing from a ledge like in tomb raider 1

when lara grabs a small ledge she swings a bit.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=71yUUwgHPAE

Crayons
26-09-08, 22:59
Level=levelname,104

Also, could you be a bit more specific on the script? :o

aktrekker
27-09-08, 07:34
You edit script.txt and english.txt. But for what you want you only need to change script.txt. Then run script.bat to convert the script.

Wayne_Scales
29-09-08, 21:29
what would be a cool replacement for the tumble animation 147.

Like, instead of a tumble have something different.Just wondering:D

stranger1992
29-09-08, 21:36
A quick turn around.

Personally the roll makes me align jumps easier.

Hateshinai
01-10-08, 20:05
I've got some problems with WadMerger's Anim Editor .

When I open it, nothing shows in the center box . But when I click in the middle of it I can see the scrolling thing right down switching from Mesh13 to Mesh4 to Mesh5, and so on ...
Does anybody know where the problem comes from ?

Wayne_Scales
01-10-08, 20:17
What object are you trying to open in anim editor?

Hateshinai
01-10-08, 20:28
the LARA object, but it does so with every animating objects ...

The center box is just plain grey .

Angelina Jolie
01-10-08, 20:35
Hi Can I ask some questions about my project now, I'm new on this of the chat, so I don't know if its like wait until something... Many thanks!

MaskedRaider
01-10-08, 20:40
You may ask whatever you wish!

Hateshinai
01-10-08, 20:42
You may ask whatever you wish!
Yes, W-H-A-T-E-V-E-R you wish :D

Angelina Jolie
01-10-08, 20:54
Thanks you are very gentle. I was trying to make some objects, and I made a new column, I called it petra.(it doesn't have those things on the top)
http://foro.tombraiderfans.es/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=20909
This is Petra, but the problem is that I import it from dfx to a wad with Stripx. From that everything was great. But I use Dxtre3D so I need to convert that wad into a TR4. So I did, and the object got ruined. It's weer because it works good in wad/was wathever; but it doesn't when I converted it.

The first Image is the wad and the second is the TR4.
http://foro.tombraiderfans.es/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=20881

Hateshinai
01-10-08, 21:01
Wow ! Petra looks good :tmb: :D !

Sorry I won't be able to help since I'm not good enough yet at object making ...

Can anyone help me with my WadMerger problem or should I open a thread for it
to get more responses ? :(

stranger1992
01-10-08, 21:29
THe object is too high poly and stripix dosent like it.

Either seperate it into 2 parts and make it an animating object or turn it into 2 parts and fill 2 static slots with it. :)

Angelina Jolie
01-10-08, 21:34
Yes I did so. And these kinds of problems were still happening... So I read in draco patches in TREP that if you enable some patch it allows you to use a lot of poligons... Can you explain me if I can use more than 500 poligons? Because I'm confused on this. Many thanks guys!

igor32
01-10-08, 23:20
You can use abou 65,000 vertices in a single object using this patch :o

stranger1992
01-10-08, 23:31
Its a shame dosent support 1000+ (around there) per mesh

matrix54
01-10-08, 23:42
who would want to texture all those polygons? I get winded texturing regular rooms in the level editor, it just runs so slow:eek:

Angelina Jolie
01-10-08, 23:49
So can I use my column with 768 poligons? I mean use it correctly, without the error?

matrix54
02-10-08, 00:03
yes, but why is it that high to begin with. anyway, there might be some engine slowdown, but yes, it'll work.

Angelina Jolie
02-10-08, 01:07
I have like 20 objects, all with lots of poligons, I know how to make them as I study 3D Design. So I want to make them work, but I'm not sure if continue or not, because this one doesn't work. What can I do?

sapper
02-10-08, 03:46
The first Image is the wad and the second is the TR4.
http://foro.tombraiderfans.es/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=20881

What program did you use to open the TR4 for the screenshot?

I've found that tools like PixStr (and it looks like DxTre3d) sometimes ruin meshes, they are not ruined by the conversion process. The mesh is usually ok in game.

Use TRviewer to inspect the TR4 mesh and see. Your mesh is probably fine to use in TRLE.

Angelina Jolie
02-10-08, 21:04
Yes, I through it was that, THe image at the left, its a wad(Stripx) THe image at the right is a TR4(PixStrip) and in dxtre3D and the game looks like the tr4, wrong...

matrix54
02-10-08, 22:54
Stuff Project link, from Nadine. Anyone have it?

God Horus
03-10-08, 20:50
I have a problem... I am trying to put Po Yu's TR Movie outfit head (Angelina one) onto his Anniversary Renew head, but every time I do, Lara has no neck. Her head is not attached to her body. There is also a weird joint sticking out near her arm. I remapped everything properly.

tombcroft3
05-10-08, 15:57
hi i was wondering if walrus is still working on the ng version of the spring of eternal youth

Crayons
05-10-08, 16:07
My wake up animation at the begginging of the level keeps replaying. :o
What do I do? BTW, I triggered it as a cutscene.

God Horus
05-10-08, 16:16
Did you replace anim 11? Because if you did, it's going to replay at some points since I think anim 11 is connected to other anims.

Crayons
05-10-08, 16:58
Did you replace anim 11? Because if you did, it's going to replay at some points since I think anim 11 is connected to other anims.

Yes. :o
What do I do?

God Horus
05-10-08, 18:23
Either us TREP for the cut, or put Lara in an animating slot. This is done by exporting the Lara skin object into an animating slot and closing off all the joints (I was able to put Lara skin joints and Lara skin into animating slots and giving them the same animation, and it worked, but this was just Lara sitting down, I'm not sure how it would work for a different animation).

igor32
05-10-08, 19:17
(I was able to put Lara skin joints and Lara skin into animating slots and giving them the same animation, and it worked, but this was just Lara sitting down, I'm not sure how it would work for a different animation).

Can I test?! :cln: :jmp:

AmericanAssassin
05-10-08, 19:26
Hola, everybody! :wve: Has anybody started any new project recently? I'm still working on my AMP project (although it's hard to with work and school). :)

Hateshinai
05-10-08, 19:26
Why does TRLE just keep on having problems ? :D

Now, my ENGLISH.DAT file doesn't want to update anymore...

When I make modifications to it and then that I click on the English Script file, just the SCRIPT.DAT gets updated ...
Does anyone knows where the problem comes from ?

Oh and now that the ENGLISH.DAT is older than the SCRIPT.DAT, Tomb4.exe crashes ...
:(

igor32
05-10-08, 19:34
Don't worry! Use the NGLE Scripter ;D

Hateshinai
05-10-08, 19:39
I'll try it :)

EDIT: It's working ! Thank you from the bottom of the heart :)

igor32
05-10-08, 19:41
Hola, everybody! :wve: Has anybody started any new project recently? I'm still working on my AMP project (although it's hard to with work and school). :)

I've started one a long time ago, so it got cancelled, now I'm (we.. The D.I.V.A. Productions - Daniel.Igor.Vinicius.Ahazantes <- The last name is not from a person) working on the Glitter Raider (http://glitterraider.webng.com/)! the site is only in portuguese(BR), you can think it is a lot gay, but isn't, was made to make the people laugh! ;D

tombcroft3
05-10-08, 23:29
help I'm playing the level psycho and I have picked up the second blade piece head and the door locked on me what do i do can i have saved it at that moment and i get spiked if i go near the med-kit

Crayons
06-10-08, 01:51
Speaking of NGLE scripter, when I put it in the script file it still wont work..

sapper
06-10-08, 12:06
I have a problem... I am trying to put Po Yu's TR Movie outfit head (Angelina one) onto his Anniversary Renew head, but every time I do, Lara has no neck. Her head is not attached to her body. There is also a weird joint sticking out near her arm. I remapped everything properly.

The stretched polygon to the arm is most likely her neck.
Double check your remapping.

If that doesn't work export the neck and head in StrPix and open together (open one and insert the other) in Meta at multiply 1 digit 2 and check that the vertices of the top of the neck match the vertices of the neckhole in the head.

edit: I got it working just by remapping. Used scream head slot to transfer the head.

igor32
07-10-08, 23:32
hi...

what can happen if I don't include the meshwap obejct for the baddie?!._.

God Horus
08-10-08, 00:22
hi...

I think the baddie gets Lara's thigh :confused:

Titak
08-10-08, 16:51
hi...

The baddies hand/arm will be replaced with one of Lara's meshes (the thigh the Lara object is made of) when he gets out another weapon (the uzi). :vlol:

The same happens if you have a 'magical' enemie (one that shoots bolts of light/fire) in your level, but you forgot to include a correct BUBBLES object in your wad. The enemie will then be shooting with Lara's thighs.
I recently saw it in a custom level and it completely ruins the magical effect of the enemie. :(

aktrekker
09-10-08, 07:49
But it makes a good Joke level :D

Hateshinai
09-10-08, 16:52
Is it possible to make 6 clicks high kickdoor object ? or does the game only work with 4 clicks high doors ?

Kevin
09-10-08, 17:23
I don't see a reason why this shouldn't work. :)

Hateshinai
09-10-08, 18:10
Neither do I :D
But you know, TRLE... picky ... annoying ... :D

God Horus
09-10-08, 19:23
Outfit Maker Required!

With me getting closer and closer to the release of The Serpent Gemstone, I have decided that the next thing I will turn my focus to is her main raiding outfit. I am using Po Yu's Anniversary Outfit as a base. I need someone who will be able to help me recolour her clothing, as well as help me do a head swap (when Po Yu's Underworld outfit comes out ;)) PM for details :)

thecentaur
11-10-08, 13:32
oh my god i have not touched the LE in 5 weeks, but good news, i may be able to start again (hopefully if i want to, that is.)

God Horus
11-10-08, 20:37
^^Good to hear! :)

Does anyone have any tips for making a home invasion level? I want to have some puzzles and better gameplay in it rather than just killing mercenaries.

igor32
11-10-08, 22:13
Maybe the celling from the "principal room" fell so you need to find another way to go out and fight against the mercenaries '-'

God Horus
11-10-08, 22:23
Right now, my idea is to have the manor go into a lockdown and it locks Lara into her own room, so she needs to search for a way to break out of the room. I also plan on maybe having Lara sneaking around the manor (is it possible in LE to have stealth like TRC, where the mercenaries don't hear you unless you run?)

igor32
11-10-08, 22:41
There is... I saw it in a level years ago... But I don't rember it's name '-'

Hateshinai
11-10-08, 22:56
Wasn't that a German game where Young Lara got sent in the Manor's foundations ?

Angelina Jolie
12-10-08, 04:08
Does DXtre3D has bump mapping option?
How can I add bump textures to walls in my new level?

aktrekker
12-10-08, 05:43
You have asked this question in 2 threads and also made another thread asking the question. Please don't do that.

Angelina Jolie
12-10-08, 06:16
Thanks. Really Im sorry, it was just that I was hurry to go to bed and sleep. 2.18 AM, Now i can, thank you. :)

Angelina Jolie
13-10-08, 01:32
How many floor mirrors can I make in one level?
Is there any patch or tool that allows to have more than one mirror?

igor32
13-10-08, 01:53
TREP or NGLE...

Angelina Jolie
13-10-08, 04:05
Thank U!!!

Crayons
13-10-08, 22:18
How do you get it to snow WITHOUT TREP?

:o:o:o

Angelina Jolie
14-10-08, 00:03
Snow with NGLE, DXtre3D or TRLE?

igor32
14-10-08, 00:24
With NGLE ._.

just type this on the script:

Snow= SNOW_SINGLE_ROOMS

or

SNOW_ALL_OUTSIDE

;) READ THE MANUAL (http://www.**********.com/tuts/ngle/nglemainpage.htm) ;)

In the forbideen site ¬¬

Crayons
14-10-08, 01:03
P l a n e t l a r a? :D Why is that banned here? :confused: Seriously.. :confused::confused:

BTW thanks, but, I already started working on something different, the project got me too frustrated. :o
But, I can never get NGLE set up right. I know I copy the contents of the binaries to the trle folder, but the NGLE scripter NEVER seems to work in the script folder, as a copy, not the original. :o
Help with that? :o :o

*oh dear, spilled coke everywhere* :o
LOL

Link is broken btw

Titak
14-10-08, 07:10
I have the NGScripter installed in the TRLE main folder. Works fine. :D
You could try that as well, instead of having it in the script folder. ;)

thecentaur
17-10-08, 23:58
anyone got any ideas for a new theme i wanna build? we finished studying Greek civilization and now we're studying the Roman civilization; but i'm so not sure which other styles there are?? wtf?!

Titak
18-10-08, 09:07
Celtic, Vikings, India, Mongolian, Chinese, Indonesian, South American (lots of different styles there), Eskimo, African, Arabian, Turkish, native American, Maori, Aboriginal, ...
There are so many different old cultures, so there's a lot you can choose from. :D

My current project will have a Celtic background. :D

ajewers
18-10-08, 10:51
or you could go for something more modern, a WW1 or WW2 level would be really cool!

Or even futuristic? A spaceship level or maybe lara travels to another planet! That would be awesome....

*drifts off*

mmmmmmmmmmm......... Star wars.........

thecentaur
18-10-08, 11:36
Ehh, I'm more inclined to using Moorish or Arabian architecture mainly because of all the pics I saw online... But I realize I am never doing South American ever again... Now I realize I will never do Chinese or whatever ever again since "Year of the Dragon's" epic fail, or never Indian again after a secret project that's also an epic fail.

Titak
18-10-08, 14:09
There are not many Moorish or Arabian style levels, so, sounds good. :D

God Horus
18-10-08, 15:08
For my current level I am trying hard to create a nice South American feel to it... My next level set is going to be Croft Curse, which has an oriental style, since you go to the Great Wall of China and infiltrate a large manor which has lots of oriental objects and stuff.

ajewers
18-10-08, 16:01
hey can anyone help me with a little problem regarding pushable blocks and heavy tirggers?

Bascily I have 2 pushable blocks and 2 squares with red X's on them. If you push the blocks onto the squares it opens a door. That was the idea anyway. I put heavy triggers for the door on each square, and clicked those little numbers in the trigger type window so one aquare has 1,2,3 and the other has 4,5. If you place the blocks on the squares the door opens fine.

But if you push one of the blocks onto one square, then take it off and put it on the other the first square reamins triggered and the door still opens. This kinda ruins the whole puzzle and I was wondering if there is a way around it so that both squares have to have blocks on them at the same time else the door won't open? If anyone could help that would be cool, thanks.

matrix54
19-10-08, 14:35
MP5 sounds on TRsearch. uploaded by me:tmb:
Linkage: http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2948

please rename for the proper slot!! (either shot_gun or crossbow)

aktrekker
19-10-08, 21:48
Select the pushable and bring up the OCB window. Set the 5 switches to match the triggers.

ajewers
20-10-08, 15:14
hmmm this dosen't seem to have fixed the problem, if i put the block with 45 on the switch with 123 the door opens with just the one block on. Also a part of the problem was the blocks didn't have to stay on there places, once a trigger had been pressed, if the box was off its square when the next one was put on, the door still opened because the trigger that had no block on had already been pressed if you get me?

aktrekker
21-10-08, 07:34
OK, I think I understand. You push pushable 1 on square 1, then push it off. Then you push pushable 1 on square 2 and the door opens?

For the first trigger have switches 1 and 2 on. Make it a Heavy Switch trigger. For the first pushable, turn on switches 1 and 2 in the OCB.

For the 2nd trigger have switches 3,4,5 on. Make it a Heavy Switch trigger.
For the 2nd pushable, turn on switches 3,4,5 in the OCB.

ajewers
21-10-08, 15:00
oh heavy switch? i was just using plain heavy, that might help, thanks!

-edit- No it didn't help. I'll try and explain this better:
basicly, it dosn't matter which block goes on which square, but what i want is for the door to not open unlesss both boxes are on the squares at the same time because to get the second block into position you have to move the first block off its square then back on again. But for some reason the door opens before you put the block back, as if one the square is triggered it remains triggered. Is there a way around this?

LaraCroft90
21-10-08, 16:00
What is a pad trigger for?

*PH*
21-10-08, 16:14
if you padtrigger then lara has to touch the square
normally even jumping over it triggers

aktrekker
22-10-08, 08:04
oh heavy switch? i was just using plain heavy, that might help, thanks!

-edit- No it didn't help. I'll try and explain this better:
basicly, it dosn't matter which block goes on which square, but what i want is for the door to not open unlesss both boxes are on the squares at the same time because to get the second block into position you have to move the first block off its square then back on again. But for some reason the door opens before you put the block back, as if one the square is triggered it remains triggered. Is there a way around this?

Change back to Heavy Trigger.
Put Heavy Antitrigger on square where you pull the first pushable off the trigger square.

ajewers
22-10-08, 15:19
yeh this occured to me just now, seems a bit messy tho, to many variables / places it might come off. Oh well i'll do this if theres no other way. Thank you very much for all the help :)

God Horus
25-10-08, 18:29
I have a question for you all, and this will decide what I should do for my new LE level.

Should I have limited pistol ammo, or unlimited?

igor32
25-10-08, 22:15
Unlimited! :ton: :jmp:

Angelina Jolie
26-10-08, 22:17
Is there anyone who had used objects with more than 500 vertices "WITH DXTRE3D". NOT NGLE. If so, how? Thanks guys xD...

sapper
26-10-08, 23:08
^ How about using a dummy object in DXTRE3D with less than 500 verts but use NGLE to create a TR4 level with the high vert object.

Export the high vert object from the TR4 using TRViewer (to trmsh/trsmh format) then import this over the dummy object in your finished DXTRE3D level TR4 using TRViewer.

Angelina Jolie
26-10-08, 23:26
Thanks! So far must be the correct answer. Its just that I had never done this before, so, a bit of tuto could be great... Because the thing is that NGLE accepts +500, but when you convert to TR4 with tom2pc, falls down...

sapper
26-10-08, 23:36
I don't know why you have so much trouble converting your high vert mesh with tom2pc?

See this thread where some 500+ vert meshes were converted ok.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=132830

Angelina Jolie
27-10-08, 00:46
Nothing. Because the think is that. There's no way to get more than 500 with tomb2pc or Dxtre3D. For NGLE its great, everything its great in a WAD, but when I convert to a TR4, CRASH "vertex limit". What can I do...?

TrKing_Rulz
27-10-08, 10:39
EDIT: Bah, fixed! Never mind! :p

Titak
27-10-08, 13:24
Nothing. Because the think is that. There's no way to get more than 500 with tomb2pc or Dxtre3D. For NGLE its great, everything its great in a WAD, but when I convert to a TR4, CRASH "vertex limit". What can I do...?You have to download the tomb2pc.exe that goes with the NGLE. That version of tom2pc.exe has also been altered to handle more level info, including more vertices per object. :D

TrKing_Rulz
27-10-08, 17:15
Another problem! :rolleyes:
I was wondering two things:
I have a small Baboon from TR3 in the 'Baboon_Normal' slot, but unfortunately when I kill it, the monkey disappears in an explosion of red with some really fancy effects. :p I think this is becuase the slot was used as a 'magic monkey' in the mastabas. I was wondering if there was anyway to get rid of this effect AND if I could have this effect on another enemy slot, when it dies, like BADDY/SAS?:o

Thanks in advance! :wve::hug:

Hateshinai
27-10-08, 18:03
There is an option in trep that disables the orange explosion. :)

Angelina Jolie
27-10-08, 19:01
You have to download the tomb2pc.exe that goes with the NGLE. That version of tom2pc.exe has also been altered to handle more level info, including more vertices per object. :D

Yeah, that's the one that I have. And it converts perfectly, just that the result in that new +500 object is s***s.

Titak
27-10-08, 19:15
Well, don't know what could be wrong then.
I've been converting my .tom file without problems, even though my wad has many objects with +500 vertices. ;)
(Make sure the objects do not have exactly 512 vertices. That causes a problem too as far as I know.)

Angelina Jolie
27-10-08, 19:38
OK thanks anyway, don't worry. there must be something wrong then. Take care.

matrix54
27-10-08, 21:00
my egypt items are on trsearch...

Hateshinai
28-10-08, 11:48
They look great ! :tmb:

My question is:

In a wad, what are the animating MIP slots for ?

TrKing_Rulz
28-10-08, 12:47
They look great ! :tmb:

My question is:

In a wad, what are the animating MIP slots for ?

They are low poly versions of the Animating slot they correspond to EG:
Animating15
Animating15_MIP << They are the same, just one is low poly.
This is because If Lara gets a certain distance away from them they turn into Animating MIPs to save space. They aren't nesseccary, but do come in handy where lots of objects are being used. ;)

This is also the case for AHMET_MIP and JOHN_YVES_MIP and I think there is a VON_CROY_MIP, too.:)
There is an option in trep that disables the orange explosion. :)
But what If I'm using NGLE?:o

Angelina Jolie
28-10-08, 16:58
I can not edit anything in the script because I'm running vista 64. It says that its not compatible, not even if I change the compatibility in the tab... How can I solve this?

stranger1992
28-10-08, 17:04
Do you use the TRNG scripter?

Angelina Jolie
28-10-08, 17:13
No I had never use scripts before, this will be my first time, because I want to create a mirror. I use Dxtre3D, NGLE and TREP.

Angelina Jolie
28-10-08, 22:29
How do I create a horizontal mirror, I know how to create normal mirros, but how do I create those that are in the floor, like a shiny floor, but lara is also reflect it on it.

tweetygwee
28-10-08, 23:09
How do I create a horizontal mirror, I know how to create normal mirros, but how do I create those that are in the floor, like a shiny floor, but lara is also reflect it on it.

If you are familiar with TREP, you use Esse scripting: http://trep.trlevel.de/en/esse.html

The command to put in the script is VertMirror01= 48,-5632

My example of course, where 48 was the room number and -5632 was the number I got by looking at the floor level of my room (which was 22), multiplying it by 256 (5632) and putting the minus sign in front.

Hope it helps. :)

igor32
28-10-08, 23:44
Hello guys .-. and ladies...

Somebody knows how to make the "flash-light" effect from The Submarie from TRC?!

Like: Flash-Flash-Time-Flash-Light Turned off

Wayne_Scales
28-10-08, 23:46
I believe this can be achieved by using the blinking light object. I'm not sure what wad you can get it from. Maybe a TRC one?

Angelina Jolie
29-10-08, 21:17
How can I put the flame emiter in one side and not in the center of a sector? I want a normal fire, not the little one, like the normal flame emiter. But not in the center of the sector, but at one side.

Wayne_Scales
29-10-08, 22:48
I never tried this but.....

Open wadmerger and open the flame emiter with animeditor. Select animation 0 and click on the move button situated under file. Using the red axis, drag the flame emitter null mesh to the edge of the square. Close animeditor and save changes then save your wad and try it. Again i never tried this but i reckon it's your best bet. Try it and let us know how you get on..

tweetygwee
29-10-08, 23:03
How can I put the flame emiter in one side and not in the center of a sector? I want a normal fire, not the little one, like the normal flame emiter. But not in the center of the sector, but at one side.

Flame emitter 2 has this capability. Just rotate the nullmesh, the fat, square end of it representing which side of the tile will be more towards.

Angelina Jolie
30-10-08, 00:37
Thanks guys!!!! Really, thanks!!! Yes, I did it, it was just with the flame emitter 2 as you said.

Can I ask something also?

- Each objects in my level look transparent, all objects in the game look like if they were translucent. Is there a way to fix that? I didnt change anything in the textures, now just all objects are translucent...

Wayne_Scales
30-10-08, 00:49
Which wad are you using. What objects?

Angelina Jolie
30-10-08, 03:05
Any WAD, I mean any TR4 file as I use Dxtre3D. But this is the first time this happens. Everything looks good, but after I copile, in the game all objects, at least statics, are translucent. :(

aktrekker
30-10-08, 07:55
Just a thought... go into setup and turn off bump mapping. See if it still happens.

Angelina Jolie
30-10-08, 20:12
Solved!!!!!! Thanks!!!!

tombcroft3
31-10-08, 00:07
hi im having a problem when i play a tomb raider game the setup has gone and games all fuzzy

aktrekker
31-10-08, 07:26
Does it happen to all TR games or only a certain one?
Have you tried running the setup again?

tombcroft3
31-10-08, 09:44
Does it happen to all TR games or only a certain one?
Have you tried running the setup again?

oh its ok now that i reinstalled trle and turn off the effects in setting

Angelina Jolie
02-11-08, 01:34
Where can I find a swingpole where lara can do the TR legend movements, like she can stop or keep the movement? Or flip her body back so she can go back to the preview swingpole?

Changeling
02-11-08, 11:46
Hiya! I just have a quick question, and it may sound stupid because I'm just a newbie to the Level Editor :p But, my question is, how do you connect one room onto another?

Titak
02-11-08, 13:48
You place then right next to each other, using the 2D view.
Then select the wallparts where you want the door to be.
Then press the black door button.

Btw, do you have a copy of the manual?

Hateshinai
02-11-08, 14:03
Hey :)
A quick question:

How do you make a level in which Lara doesn't have any guns ?

tomblover
02-11-08, 14:23
Enable the Young Lara line in the script.

Or use TREP. :p

God Horus
02-11-08, 14:24
The easiest thing to do if you are using TREP, is to create a flipeffect which causes Lara to lose her guns, or to add the line "YoungLara= Enabled" to your script. This causes the level to be a young Lara level, meaning, no weapons. She will have two pigtails though, so in TREP you will need to change it to 1. If you use TRNG (like me) just create a flipeffect which removes the weapon. ;)

Hateshinai
02-11-08, 14:36
I'm using TREP,
I'll use the YoungLara=Enabled :)
I'll change the pigtail thingy.
I plan to make a Level with Anaya as a guide and Lara weaponless. :)

God Horus
02-11-08, 20:16
Sounds good! :D

I know I have seen this before... where can I find a skeleton that you place on top of an item and Lara grabs the skeleton by the legs, and moves it? (I think I saw it in Purgatory 2)

Spikey
02-11-08, 20:31
Sounds like the "SAS_DRAG_BLOKE" item you're talking about, and it was in the BtB08 WAD (though I'm sure that's not the original source).

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2772

tombcroft3
02-11-08, 23:32
hi are there any nice thiland setting levels in trle or any in the making since i love the thiland level in underworld.

tombcroft3
03-11-08, 11:41
what key can i press to make the window smaller without minimizing the game

dark_raider
03-11-08, 15:36
what key can i press to make the window smaller without minimizing the game

Hold Alt and press Enter in game. Alternatively you can tick the Windowed option when setting up the game. ;)

tombcroft3
03-11-08, 16:18
thnk you makes it easir to read the walkthough

igor32
04-11-08, 00:16
what happened with LarasHome.com?

I can't access it :(

Angelina Jolie
04-11-08, 00:25
Hi everyone. Sorry for my questions... But I have a big problem, I have an animation where lara walks 5 squares, then I want her to grab and read a pergamine that is in a little pedestal in square 6. Is there any animation where lara grabs a pergamine and read it. Just that?

drakl0r
04-11-08, 06:42
hi are there any nice thiland setting levels in trle or any in the making since i love the thiland level in underworld.

Try this (http://www.trle.net/reviewsearch/levelfeatures.php?lid=1563). I think the place is in Phuket, Thailand if I'm not mistaken.

Crayons
09-11-08, 04:51
Replaced certain sounds for Lara, some are too quiet, what can I do?

aktrekker
09-11-08, 23:04
In sounds.txt find the lines for your sounds and make sure there is no VOLnn and no V on the lines. Run PCWadSFX to compile the sounds.
If that doesn't work, you will have to use a sound editor to increase the volume.

igor32
10-11-08, 20:59
Hello \o/

I made some animations for Lara/Glitter, it's a wall kick, but It don't work .-.

Can someone explain me why?

I linked by StateID [28 is for jump ins't it?], so the person need to press jump in the middle of animation...

Animation = 32 StateID[28] > 446 > 447 > 77

.-.

It's right? :R

nowid50
10-11-08, 22:41
Hello \o/

I made some animations for Lara/Glitter, it's a wall kick, but It don't work .-.

Can someone explain me why?

I linked by StateID [28 is for jump ins't it?], so the person need to press jump in the middle of animation...

Animation = 32 StateID[28] > 446 > 447 > 77

.-.

It's right? :RIt's right and not right. You cannot do that because the animation 32 doesn't handle the StatID changes number 28 ;) There's actually no way to do it without some EXE Edit ;)

tombcroft3
10-11-08, 23:11
hay is anyone playing the new tomb raider level Italian Exploration, its really good.

igor32
10-11-08, 23:37
It's right and not right. You cannot do that because the animation 32 doesn't handle the StatID changes number 28 ;) There's actually no way to do it without some EXE Edit ;)

So, I'm using TRNG, only scripting?! :(

----------

What type of modifications?! :cln:

thecentaur
11-11-08, 13:59
Yes, I'm finally going to return to TRLE (but I don't think for long) xP

Assassin13
11-11-08, 18:01
I have a few questions:

How can i add sky or horizon?How can i connect rooms and how can i set the end of the level?And what's the way to create water?

If it's too difficult you can give me links for tutorials,tnx.:)

TrKing_Rulz
11-11-08, 21:15
It's right and not right. You cannot do that because the animation 32 doesn't handle the StatID changes number 28 ;) There's actually no way to do it without some EXE Edit ;)

I am positive that with enough work no EXE edit has to be done, Nowid.;)
Infact, I think It will be a little easier with TRNG's animation scripting.:)

Angelina Jolie
11-11-08, 21:22
I have a few questions:

How can i add sky or horizon?How can i connect rooms and how can i set the end of the level?And what's the way to create water?

If it's too difficult you can give me links for tutorials,tnx.:)

"TRLE Manual"

Wayne_Scales
11-11-08, 21:55
Hey everyone.

I have a mars bar as a small medi-pack, what will i have as a big medi-pack?

:D

Hateshinai
11-11-08, 22:06
Mmhh ... an Oreo box ?
Hahaha :D No idea ... why not a huge pack of M&M's ? :D

Wayne_Scales
11-11-08, 22:11
Hmmmm...it will have to be some sort of food....she is in Nepal so. Hmmmmmm:D

Hateshinai
11-11-08, 22:28
Fried chicken ? xD
I like the idea of food as a medipack :)

Wayne_Scales
11-11-08, 22:35
Thank you for your suggestions Hateshinai.

Fried chicken. Hmmmm. I doupt she would be carrying a fried chicken. Maybe a can of food or a bag of food or something...:)

stranger1992
11-11-08, 23:03
Freeze Dried food?

aktrekker
12-11-08, 09:04
Definitely not a can -- too heavy.
Maybe a bag of chips? Or is Lara the rice cake type :D

Ashandmisty
12-11-08, 13:29
How about hash brownies? Only kidding...maybe she could have fish and chips or something?

Shauni
12-11-08, 17:26
A sandwich? Warm bowl of soup (or in a can of soup)? :)

Wayne_Scales
14-11-08, 14:00
Thank you for all your suggestions. Hmmmm..

I think i will make a bag of sandwiches like Shauni said. Thanks everyone:)

God Horus
15-11-08, 17:14
That sounds like a good idea!

The LE forum seems to be really empty lately, probably because of TRU!

Does anyone remember how I can make my puzzle item look smaller in the inventory, and how I can make it standing up instead of just laying there?

Crayons
15-11-08, 17:18
You'd probably have to resize it in Meta (if you can) and animate it in wadmerger to stand up.

God Horus
15-11-08, 17:21
I don't think so, since it is from the Btb08 wad, I know there is a script command somewhere...I can't find it!

Titak
15-11-08, 18:35
It is not a specific script command, but it is one of the numbers in the lines for Puzzle-item*= .
But I'm on my new computer now and don't have the LE installed yet... and I can't remember by heart which of the numbers determines size and orientation.

Do you have NGScripter?
If so, then you can check the puzzle-item*= command in the reference list.
It does explain what all the numbers mean. ;)

God Horus
15-11-08, 18:38
Yes, I have NG scripter. I will look at the commands and see what I can do. Thanks!

And I added a trapdoor to my level and I have a dummy trigger but Lara still falls through :confused:

Titak
15-11-08, 18:49
Did you place the trapdoor in the connection between two rooms?
Trapdoors can act weird if they are not placed exactly in a connection between two rooms. ;)

God Horus
15-11-08, 18:52
I have it placed one click above a pit. I will try to change the position of it. ;)

AmericanAssassin
18-11-08, 02:11
I have creators block. I know what I want to do (with my AMP project), but I just don't have the will to work. Does anybody else ever have this problem? :(

dark_raider
18-11-08, 03:06
I'm sure everyone does. We all have incredibly high hopes for our levels, but most of us lack the skill and willpower to fulfill our goals. I know exactly what I want to do with my project, Three Coins. I know what I need to get done. I'm so ready to complete the level I'm working on!! But it's been weeks since I touched NGLE.

dark_raider
20-11-08, 02:19
I have a question of my own. I'm trying to create a sunset type lighting for my project, but I can't seem to get it right. And RGB suggestions?

aktrekker
20-11-08, 06:52
During the day when the sky is blue we see white light, not blue.
During sunset when the sky is red and orange, we still see white light.
Just make it a darker white. Use the horizon object and sky graphics to show the sunset. You could use some special colored lights to make some sort of reflective sunset in certain areas, but don't overdo it.

tombcroft3
20-11-08, 09:06
hay is there a way to put Lara footprints sand dirt or snow in the games like in the ps versions

Titak
20-11-08, 15:15
^
No.

Not yet anyway. But who knows what Paolone might come up with in the future. ;)

Angelina Jolie
20-11-08, 19:57
Hey Guys. I made a flat window object. THe glass is black. But I want to make it translucent. So I gave a translucent black texture. But in the game it like a light object, a white transparent... Is there any way to get the black transparent a bit, like translucent?

God Horus
23-11-08, 17:16
Hey, does anyone know which level in TR4 has the hammer that can kill Lara?

matrix54
23-11-08, 19:58
Guess what i learned how to do!!

Crossbow slot + TREP crossbow modifacions = some cool weapons.

You can modify some of laras meshes and animations and create an actual working flamethrower, that shoots continuously and not one at a time. that just takes some time and patience, but yeah, it works...

that was kind of of obvious though. Stuff like working rifles and stuff. But...

how about melee weapons and hand to hand combat!! you'd be surprised how simple it its. Just stop the crossbow bolt from firing, setting the speed to zero, making it transparent or "deleting" it. change some meshes and animations and you've got youself a working "fist" or a "pipe" or what ever...

but there are a bugs though. Where ever you left the bolt, an enemy can actually walk into it and take damage, but that shouldn't be too common. and there is ammo for it too.

i don't know how to give it infinate "strength" or "swings" or how to make the bolts time out, but yes, it works near perfectly. YOUR ALL WELCOME!!

tombcroft3
26-11-08, 16:47
how can i turn tr4 files back to wads i want to used the wad merger t to extract some objects i cant find them on tr search is there a way

NatlaCrazyness
26-11-08, 17:03
how can i turn tr4 files back to wads i want to used the wad merger t to extract some objects i cant find them on tr search is there a way

There is a "Load TR" option on WadMerger so you can extract objects from .tr4 files :wve:

Matie
26-11-08, 18:13
I tried it some days ago but i always get this message: ReadTR -> Error reading level Decompressing level data. Then this: Run-time error '53' File not found: zlib.dll ... :(