PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72

SrDanielPonces
24-05-14, 11:30
Download the tightrope animations (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47618398/Tightropes.rar). Make sure your LARA object has atleast 459 animations and copy them all over to your LARA object. The tightrope animations will replace any animations in the slots 446-459 so you might need to move your animations to some other slot.

Thanks! I wouldn't mind to change the other animations and the script, but I didn't want to replace all the animations.
I'll try, and then I'll say if it works. :)

EDIT: Is there any more animation that needs to be replaced or the Death_slide is needed?
When I Press action to the Tight Rope, Lara Plays another animation, and not the ones I replaced.

AODfan
24-05-14, 12:51
Download the Chronicles object pack (http://trlevelmanager.net/download/chronicles.zip) from the TRNG website and copy the TIGHT_ROPE object to your WAD.
Place one at the beginning of the tightrope and one at the end (the flat ends of the nullmesh have to face away from eachother)
You can also make the tightropes harder to cross by assigning OCB codes to the TIGHT_ROPE objects. Check NGCenter for that.

SrDanielPonces
24-05-14, 13:50
Thanks, works perfectly! :hug:

AODfan
25-05-14, 12:25
I have an enemy in the SAS slot in my level and I tried using the AI_Guard object on him but for some reason he just stands there and looks at Lara until I start shooting :confused:
Also he has 2 gun flashes, one infront of his gun and the other one coming out of his head. The meshes are set up exactly like those in the original SAS object so I have no idea what's causing that

Edit: I've tried it with the original SAS object. The gunflash disappeared from his head but it still doesn't behave correctly when put on the same square as an AI_Guard object.

KyleCroft
25-05-14, 23:40
What's the script line to prevent objects from clipping? :)

Niveus
25-05-14, 23:53
It's an NG feature, just so you know.

WorldFarView= 127 in Options, and LevelFarView= 127 in level block. It's not perfect but it reduces the clipping a lot. Larger values can cause lagging too - 127 is the max argument value.

tomb2player
25-05-14, 23:53
WorldFarview in Options section :)

TheBloodRed
26-05-14, 08:03
WorldFarView is placed in the Options section to create a universal distance view among all levels and LevelFarView changes it in specific Levels.

(you could have a WorldFarView of 100 and if you want a level with more of a less you can make a specific level have less for that instance)

Titak
26-05-14, 10:55
It's an NG feature, just so you know.

WorldFarView= 127 in Options, and LevelFarView= 127 in level block. It's not perfect but it reduces the clipping a lot. Larger values can cause lagging too - 127 is the max argument value.Only the bolded part really. That's what gets rid of the clipping.
LevelFarView is indeed put in the [Level] sections and I really do not recommend using 127 for it since it causes lagging in most cases, especially ofcourse in larger open areas.

How is it not perfect though? :confused:
Because faces should still be more than one (Meta) value apart?

Niveus
26-05-14, 12:43
Only the bolded part really. That's what gets rid of the clipping.
LevelFarView is indeed put in the [Level] sections and I really do not recommend using 127 for it since it causes lagging in most cases, especially ofcourse in larger open areas.

How is it not perfect though? :confused:
Because faces should still be more than one (Meta) value apart?

No. At extreme distances clipping can still be evident with faces close to LE walls. :(

As far as I understand it, there shouldn't be any extra lagging caused by that LevelFarView value. At least, I've never encountered an extra lag.

I use the LevelFarView too because in levels with large open areas, you shouldn't really want a value of 127. The LevelFarView entry allows to customise the distance between levels.

KyleCroft
26-05-14, 14:30
Thanks guys! Solved my problem. :)

Titak
26-05-14, 15:18
No. At extreme distances clipping can still be evident with faces close to LE walls. :(Ah, not perfect because of that, yes.
I don't think I've ever run into this then, because I always use smaller values for the LevelFarView... :ponder:

I do occasionally get clipping at shorter distances with objects/faces that are only something like 2 Meta values apart.

But other than that, WorldFarView=127 works very well, reducing the clipping a lot! :tmb:

As far as I understand it, there shouldn't be any extra lagging caused by that LevelFarView value. At least, I've never encountered an extra lag.

I use the LevelFarView too because in levels with large open areas, you shouldn't really want a value of 127. The LevelFarView entry allows to customise the distance between levels.I always get more lagging with a large LevelFarView in large open areas.
I don't think it'll cause extra lagging in smaller areas. Is that what you mean?

As you said, you don't really want value 127.
I never use that either. Due to lagging, but also because a much closer LevelFarView will create more atmosphere. :D

THOR2010
26-05-14, 15:46
im trying to use seth as the base for my own enemy but i cant seem to get the original tr4 enemy working right, you no how in the temple of horus when lara was climbing the walls high up where seth coulnt walk, how hed jump into the air and float there shooting that green stuff. well in my test level when lara goes somewhere he cant follow but is still a direct line of sight between them he'll just run in circle grunting?

TheBloodRed
26-05-14, 23:45

This is what the Turbo= function is for. :D

I use it for my vast open area and it is okay. Just that it is kinda crazy so I made weather pattern changes so that the distance randomly changes itself automatically. Whatever works. xD

bagas
27-05-14, 19:38
Hey guys, do you know how to correctly calculate set position Animcommand?
I tried to mess with the values but it is almost always innacurate :p

SrDanielPonces
27-05-14, 19:57
</3

Krystian
27-05-14, 20:31
@bagas:

Assuming you know that the values are X (increasing to the right), Y (increasing downwards), Z (increasing forwards), respectively, and that 1024 = 1 sector, you need to take in account the fact that the origin point, relative to Lara, will differ in animations. For example, the origin in the standing animation is at her feet, but for the hanging animation it's somewhere around her knees, and for the swimming animations it's at her hips, IIRC.

The center of the grid in Anim Editor is the origin point. Therefore if Lara does an animation that puts her in a different state (e.g. from hanging to standing, anim 97), the values may not be that obvious.
You can remember some of them (as an example, it's usually 0,-735, 0 for pullups), but as a general there is no clear way to determine these values. You just need to experiment with it until you get it right, adding or subtracting from the values as necessary. :)

bagas
28-05-14, 05:15
Thank you for the reply Krystian, will be a tiring process :p but it will worth it :tmb:

SrDanielPonces
28-05-14, 18:40
Hello!
Can Anyone tell me how to change Lara's Outfit in the same game?
I asked this a few time ago, but The answer wasn't very splicit since it was just for curiosity, but now I want to really know how to do that.
I know it is possible because It was done in Angkor Wat, where the backpack was added during the cutscene, but I want to completely change the outfit.
How can I do that? Thanks! :hug:

dcw123
28-05-14, 19:34
Hello!
Can Anyone tell me how to change Lara's Outfit in the same game?
I asked this a few time ago, but The answer wasn't very splicit since it was just for curiosity, but now I want to really know how to do that.
I know it is possible because It was done in Angkor Wat, where the backpack was added during the cutscene, but I want to completely change the outfit.
How can I do that? Thanks! :hug:

Meshswap? Either by having a new outfit in the WAD - or maybe you can use a Flipeffect?

SrDanielPonces
28-05-14, 19:36
Meshswap? Either by having a new outfit in the WAD - or maybe you can use a Flipeffect?

Yeah, I heard that I need a meshwap (With the Skin, skin joints and hair, perhaps?), but I really don't know if it is a flipeffect or another kind of trigger.

Titak
28-05-14, 19:42
You say "game" which sounds more like wanting the outfit to change when jumping to the next level.
But you do mean swapping outfits within the same level, right?

If so, a full body meshswap (skin and skin-joints, F105) is buggy in TRNG.
It is however possible to swap individual meshes. I've never had any issues with that.
Not sure if this can also be done with the joints and I'm not sure if it will be bugfree if you swap all meshes individually.

Check the Lara (Mesh) flipeffects triggers in TRNG. :D

dcw123
28-05-14, 19:46
The only other way of doing it would be to split 1 level into 2 smaller ones and have the same WAD but change the Lara outfit skin,joints etc..
Obviously make sure Lara cannot return to the 1st 'half' of the level or she'd change back to the first outfit she wore.

SrDanielPonces
28-05-14, 20:16
:vlol: Buggy indeed!
I putted the skin on meshwap1, the skin joints on meshwap 2, and the hair on meshwap3 (Which isn't really needed since It's the same), but should I put them together? On the flipeffect the options are to replace only Lara Skin, another one is Lara Skin + Skin Joints, and there are others that replaces more stuff. But, I can only choose one slot, which means the skin and the joints needs to be in the same slot? To be honest, I have not Idea how to put them together, since there are lots of meshes and It would be really hard to put them together on Meta..

EDIT: Btw, This is for a cutscene (I guess you know which one it is :mis:), so the player will not necessarily play with Lara. I could make an animating object but I'm not sure about the joints.

Titak
28-05-14, 22:17
^
No, they should not be in the same slot but in slots that follow up on eachother.
The first one will swap the skin, the second the skin-joints, etc.

At least that's how remember it from back when I was testign this feature...

matrix54
30-05-14, 11:52
I find it kind of funny that none of the current major outfit creators haven't made the catsuit from Chronicles yet. I imagine it'd be easier than a lot of other outfits. :vlol:.

Titak
30-05-14, 12:42
^
Actually, it isn't. Because of the shiny effect it has all over the outfit, including the joints.
There is supposed to be a way to get shine on joints in TR4 but it is a bit complicated. I guess that's why it hasn't been done yet. :ponder:

dcw123
30-05-14, 14:42
^
Actually, it isn't. Because of the shiny effect it has all over the outfit, including the joints.
There is supposed to be a way to get shine on joints in TR4 but it is a bit complicated. I guess that's why it hasn't been done yet. :ponder:

I wonder why this is..
The only was I think is do it how the TR3 London catsuit was made - as in fake the lighting shine with textures - although that wouldn't look great in-game.

I'm sure the catsuit has been made already and working 100%?

Titak
30-05-14, 20:20
The TR3 London catsuit has been remade by a couple of people and indeed they used textures with shine painted on them.

matrix54
30-05-14, 20:29
That's what I was talking about - fake lighting effects. I understand the real thing would be quite the chore, but a black outfit with a little fake shine is doable.

Giving it's simplicity, I never understood why it was never done by Po-Yu, Trangel, Horus-Goddess, etc.

Dustie
30-05-14, 22:12
Hasn't the TRC catsuit been available for a very long time now, except it doesn't have a real shine on the joints, only a fake one, or none at all? I recall using it once, it doesn't look as bad as one could imagine, I remember I tried it and it looked alright even without a proper shine effect on the joints. Certainly better than no catsuit at all.

matrix54
30-05-14, 22:22
I know if the many catsuits available - it was just curiosity about that particular subject, is all. We are lots if outfits from the past brought to the modern era, but that particular, mostly barebones, outfits goes untouched. :vlol:

Uzi master
31-05-14, 04:03
Come to think of it, I don't think there's any new versions of Lara's Russia outfit from Chronicles either. Would certainly like to see that.

A_De
31-05-14, 11:31
I have a question about Editwad. There is an useful feature which allows to check integrity for LARA_SKIN and LARA_SKIN_JOINTS, which is useful for checking new outfits. I need something like this for another movables. Is there a way to export the whole movable to MQO in order to see where each of it's meshes should be? Not sure if renaming movables to LARA_SKIN will work.

sapper
01-06-14, 05:46
I copied a moveable into the LARA_SKIN and tried exporting from EditWad but it didn't work. The word "traceback" in the console indicates an error.

I thought it might since all you need to run the feature is to have the SKIN_JOINTS slot and LARA_SKIN slot in the wad but it looks like I hardcoded the number of meshes to 15 or something.

I have lost the source code for version 1.4 so cannot look at the code.

meta2tr.exe can export all the moveables from the TR4 file but I am unsure at what scale. Maybe you can use that.

tombraiderxii
02-06-14, 03:19
For some reason WADMerger crashes whenever I try to add statics to my WAD (even though there are enough slots for more statics). For example, I tried to add a shatter object, but then WADMerger just crashed and got an error. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Also, is there anyway in TRNG to be able to make only Shatter objects shatterable by only a certian kind of weapon, like only by a grenade launcher or a crossbow for example?

matrix54
02-06-14, 20:53
I've forgotten how much I loved fog bulbs. I've been using distance fog for so long. :vlol:

matrix54
03-06-14, 00:21
For some reason, shatters don't make a sound when hit with a crossbow bolt. :confused:

A_De
03-06-14, 18:09
@sapper: It is sad to hear that code is lost, but perhaps you still have a code of some previous versions?

I found another solution for my need, just looked at meshes offset values in your Mestree Editor and moved corresponding meshes in Metasequoia after import. So I constructed the movable in Metasequoia manually. Thank you for your programs, they are absolutely must have.

@matrix54: never noticed this. How is about heavy triggers? You can have various shatter sounds this way :D

matrix54
03-06-14, 18:28
That's a good idea. I didn't think of that. :vlol:

tombraiderxii
03-06-14, 22:25
Whenever I try to add statics to my WAD in WADMerger, I get the
'Run-time error 9, subscript out of range' message and then it crahses.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have 1.98 Beta 3, as well as the Visual Basic 6 Runtime installed.

sapper
04-06-14, 02:47
@sapper: It is sad to hear that code is lost, but perhaps you still have a code of some previous versions?

Yes I still have previous versions so I have only lost the function that exports Lara+Joints which I could rewrite but I would like to see how I did it before.

Python programs are supposed to be easy to decompile back to source code but I have had no success yet with EditWad.

EDIT: I have decompiled the code finally and the Skin+joints export function assumes each slot has 15 meshes so cannot be used for other moveables.

I will have to write a more general function.

Guty
04-06-14, 12:16
I can't downolad from Palone site TRNG Setup Installer Mk4,when I was thinked that I made this I can see this error:"Error downolading"[I have translated from my language to forum,in orginal it says:"Błąd pobierania"].I think that can be only few causes why it happen:
1.Something is wrong with Chrome.
2.Something is wrong with my computer.
3.Something is wrong with site from I tried downolading
4.Other causes(which?)
I wasn't tried to downolad it from other site but maybe I will try to make it.
Any suggestions,tips,anything that help me solving my problem?

Dustie
04-06-14, 12:33
I've just tried downloading the file from here http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm and it worked just fine. I didn't actually install it, but I started the installation program and it seems fine.

It might be something with your connection, or you might want to try with a different browser. Or just try again in a while.

CelticGuard
04-06-14, 12:47
I want to download the TRLE. I know there's a link on tombraiderchronicles, but is there someplace where I can find an updated bundle containing TRNG and the revised wads and everything?

RoxasKennedy
04-06-14, 12:55
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to get .prj files from Unfinished Business levels?

I know you can use Tr2Prj, but I think it doesn't work for TR1 levels.

Guty
04-06-14, 15:25
Hmmm,I downoladed from another site as changing from Chrome to Internet Explorer nothing makes diference,but it now worked but thanks for reply and try to a help me.Sorrry for the offtopic.

moodydog
04-06-14, 16:27
Hi, does anyone know where I could perhaps find some TRA style levers? :o

basically this...

http://www.gamesover.com/TR_Anniversary/25Fig%2040b.jpg

I've seen them on custom levels before, but I cannot find them on TRsearch. I am mainly looking for the Peru type wooden ones.

Much appreciated. :)

Niveus
04-06-14, 22:31
Probably someone else has made one, but I can only think of Titak's lever and animation right now (since I extracted the sound :p). She might be willing to let you use it if you ask her kindly.

moodydog
05-06-14, 00:02
Probably someone else has made one, but I can only think of Titak's lever and animation right now (since I extracted the sound :p). She might be willing to let you use it if you ask her kindly.

I was actually thinking of Titak (I think it was MoA) :p haha thanks.

aah. here it is, on ROLI's @1.55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gSXwdYkw1Q

Guty
05-06-14, 04:52
I don't know if it right place to post my problem but I have in format zip Mk4 Full Installer but I can't install it on my computer,maybe it is connect with my system(Windows 8),format a file(read earlier words) or something diferent(what?),I remember that on Windows 7 on my old computer it worked without any problem.

moodydog
05-06-14, 11:53
^ The problem I had was using a separate HDD. I needed to use my primary hard drive (C) else it wouldn't work.

matrix54
06-06-14, 17:28
Is there a way to stop crossbow bolts from breaking/exploding on contact with objects that lack collision? It's really annoying. :vlol:

CourierNumber6
06-06-14, 18:14
I've got another problem, albeit less intense as the last. I want to have two switches open one door. Pretty simple, and I've got that part down to a T. Now, I'd like to have each switch trigger a FLAME_EMITTER 2 above either side of the door. How can I go about this?

I've seen a little page on how to do it, but I can't wrap my head around it as it doesn't really show what you're supposed to do in the Editor itself, i.e. what triggers to put where and whatnot. It just shows what code bits should be pressed, but not which objects the bits should be pressed on and where/how they should be triggered...

Could anyone help?

Titak
06-06-14, 18:19
^
Are you using the original TRLE?

CourierNumber6
06-06-14, 18:25
^
Are you using the original TRLE?

Nope, latest version of NGLE

Mytly
06-06-14, 18:29
I've got another problem, albeit less intense as the last. I want to have two switches open one door. Pretty simple, and I've got that part down to a T. Now, I'd like to have each switch trigger a FLAME_EMITTER 2 above either side of the door. How can I go about this?

I've seen a little page on how to do it, but I can't wrap my head around it as it doesn't really show what you're supposed to do in the Editor itself, i.e. what triggers to put where and whatnot. It just shows what code bits should be pressed, but not which objects the bits should be pressed on and where/how they should be triggered...

Could anyone help?
If you've pressed codebits 1 & 2 in the left switch, for example, open the OCB of the flame emitter object (not the trigger) and press the remaining codebits, i.e. 3, 4 & 5. Do the inverse for the other flame emitter, i.e. press codebits 3, 4 & 5 in the switch trigger and 1 & 2 in the flame emitter.

CourierNumber6
06-06-14, 18:52
^
Got it, thanks! I feel a little silly that I didn't see it before.:o

matrix54
07-06-14, 14:22
The original setup of the broken vent in Tomb Raider Chronicles is so obscure.

I can't even fathom what happening with it. I think there's a room jump or something. I honestly don't know. I'm looking at the project file - it's the strangest thing.

moodydog
07-06-14, 14:31
What's the maximum amount of polygons an object can have. Just say I want to make a cylindrical object in meta (like a lever switch), how many faces should I make it?

matrix54
07-06-14, 15:03
The original TRLE, I'd try to keep it as low as possible. Polys, I'm not sure, but 255 vertices... or 255 polys, not sure... just keep it super low lol NGLE, I saw go all out, but keep in mind that you'll be rendering everything else on screen. ;)

Also, I fixed the VCI issue by having "shadow rooms" (rooms that overlap each other, like what we do for water particles in other rooms). It's actually ingenious how Core did this work around. Everything's in fact, but there are a few fake rooms to give the illusion that Lara's actually moving about the broken space.

:eek:

Now, I'm having a hard time putting geometry in front of a door. :pi:

Titak
07-06-14, 16:03
The original setup of the broken vent in Tomb Raider Chronicles is so obscure.

I can't even fathom what happening with it. I think there's a room jump or something. I honestly don't know. I'm looking at the project file - it's the strangest thing.

Also, I fixed the VCI issue by having "shadow rooms" (rooms that overlap each other, like what we do for water particles in other rooms). It's actually ingenious how Core did this work around. Everything's in fact, but there are a few fake rooms to give the illusion that Lara's actually moving about the broken space.I can't remember that place... :ponder: could you post a screenshot? I'm curious to see which place it is now that you have figured it out. :D

Core did indeed do some pretty neat things.
Like the spacecraft that was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.
That setup also uses overlapping rooms.

ggctuk
07-06-14, 16:10
I can't remember that place... :ponder: could you post a screenshot? I'm curious to see which place it is now that you have figured it out. :D

Core did indeed do some pretty neat things.
Like the spacecraft that was bigger on the inside than it was on the outside.
That setup also uses overlapping rooms.

The start of the 13th floor: there's a vent which requires a hammer to open the gate at the end. If you try and shoot the lock, an explosion occurs, the vent breaks into a slide and you're dropped into a room with a laser guard.

Titak
07-06-14, 16:14
Oh, that place! Yes, I remember it now. :D
That is indeed a pretty neat setup. It enhances the stealth factor in that level: shoot and get punished for it, be carefull and you'll be fine. :D

matrix54
07-06-14, 18:02
As cool as it is, the set up is nightmarish, but I managed to get something similar working. Not exact at all, but similar. :vlol:

A tutorial would only lead to frustration. :p

Titak
07-06-14, 18:37
^
Not if it would be a very good tutorial. :mis:

A_De
07-06-14, 18:44
@moodydog: never make meshes with 256, 512, 768 or 1024 vertices as this will cause crash. Btw I've seen your object in Object Showcase thread, and if it is a switch you should reduce number of it's polygons and meshes. A cylinder with 5 side faces is enough for such a small object. Textures for a small object should be small either. Not because I'm a picky person, but because of performance in game. Many high detailed objects with high-resolution textures can cause lags even on a modern and powerful computer.

@matrix54: the object is in a door slot if I remember this correctly. In that setup might be a flipmap.

matrix54
07-06-14, 19:12
Based on what I did (and how I got it to work), there's a few flips maps, a door switch, a rolling back, and a lot of overlapping rooms.

And now the level is crashing. :vlol:

moodydog
07-06-14, 19:24
@moodydog: never make meshes with 256, 512, 768 or 1024 vertices as this will cause crash. Btw I've seen your object in Object Showcase thread, and if it is a switch you should reduce number of it's polygons and meshes. A cylinder with 5 side faces is enough for such a small object. Textures for a small object should be small either. Not because I'm a picky person, but because of performance in game. Many high detailed objects with high-resolution textures can cause lags even on a modern and powerful computer.

Thanks for your advice, I will certainly see what I can do. Is it possible to lower the number of vertices for a finished object?

Also, I have created a new cube next to my lever, which is 102.4 x 102.4 x 102.4, according to the tutorials, this should = 1 TRLE cube 4 clicks high. But the cube is tiny in comparison to the lever I made?

Titak
07-06-14, 20:26
^
If you are using the MQO file format, the size would be 1024 for one block (and 256 for one click).

A_De
07-06-14, 21:23
Is it possible to lower the number of vertices for a finished object?
Yes. You can do it manually selecting vertices which are close to each other and using menu Selected - Join vertices (or press Ctrl + J). However if the object has UV mapping you'll have to join the corresponding vertices on the UV map either by selecting them and pressing the Unify button.

CourierNumber6
07-06-14, 21:49
Hmm, got another one. My WAD is gone! I'm not sure why it's happened, but when I load my objects in NGLE everything is gone, save for the FONT & SKY GRAPHICS and the DEFAULT SPRITES. I tried loading the WAD in WADMerger but I get a run-time error. I suppose I'm okay with creating another WAD to replace this "broken" one, as tedious as that sounds (I was a fool and didn't create any backups!:hea:) but I'd like to know if anyone knows why this has happened, so I can prevent it from happening when I'm much further into building the level.

My computer's cord is a bit broken atm, so I've had my computer shut off at random times for the past couple of days, but I really don't think I had any editing programs or WADMerger open during that time, as I was terrified I'd lose my progress. Could this possibly be the problem?

Dustie
07-06-14, 23:38
Back when the editor was about to be released with TR5 there were some screenshots distributed online -- a couple of them showed a level that was never released before, it was a custom level that used the Madhouse! TR3 Gold textures, I believe. Supposedly made by Core (who else) to show how you can make completely new, legit, working levels with the editor. Anybody else remember those screenshots? And idea where I could find them now?

Also, I fixed the VCI issue by having "shadow rooms" (rooms that overlap each other, like what we do for water particles in other rooms). It's actually ingenious how Core did this work around. Everything's in fact, but there are a few fake rooms to give the illusion that Lara's actually moving about the broken space.

I know the vent thing (I actually wondered about this some time ago as well - did you manage to recreate the room?), but what's the other thing you're speaking of? Broken space...?

matrix54
07-06-14, 23:47
By broken space, I mean the broken ventilation and the area afterwards. I'll try to make a video after I set it back up (corrupted wad). Hang tight. :)

matrix54
08-06-14, 00:34
Here you go. I've worked hard. This has also shown me that VCI makes zero sense, as there were rooms that overlap and they shouldn't be. :pi:

JHO0PBQDHHM&feature=youtu.be

And in case you're wondering about being able to see down into the tunnel when the hallway explodes...

http://s1.postimg.org/oqn7r53mn/shot197.png

http://s15.postimg.org/6fnstotvf/shot199.png

sapper
08-06-14, 00:38
@moodydog: never make meshes with 256, 512, 768 or 1024 vertices as this will cause crash.

If using TRNG you no longer need to worry about this because Paolone fixed the problem.

Guty
08-06-14, 00:38
I don't know if it right place to post my problem but I have in format zip Mk4 Full Installer but I can't install it on my computer,maybe it is connect with my system(Windows 8),format a file(read earlier words) or something diferent(what?),I remember that on Windows 7 on my old computer it worked without any problem.
You forget about my problem or you can't me help?
From this quote you can see why I can't try to make a own game-custom(I know that isn't in one day,I know...).

CourierNumber6
08-06-14, 01:02
You forget about my problem or you can't me help?
From this quote you can see why I can't try to make a own game-custom(I know that isn't in one day,I know...).

What happens exactly when you try to start the installer?

Perhaps running it in Compatibility Mode would do the trick. I'm not sure how well NGLE (Or the Vanilla LE, for that matter) runs on Windows 8. On Skribblerz, it only says the NGLE has been tested and is compatible with Windows Xp/Vista/7.

benjamin_2010
08-06-14, 01:08
Okay. I have been building with the level editor for 10 years now.. and I still don't know how to trigger one door with two switches. :o

CourierNumber6
08-06-14, 01:45
Okay. I have been building with the level editor for 10 years now.. and I still don't know how to trigger one door with two switches. :o

Aha! Just had a little problem with this.:D

Set the trigger for the door under BOTH switches.

Now click one switch and put a trigger under it. Open the Trigger Type Window and change the type of trigger to SWITCH. Now, below the OneShot button are buttons labeled 1-5. click 1-3 to un-press them. close the Trigger Type Window.

Do the same for the other switch, i.e. placing a trigger under the switch and changing the type to SWITCH, but now un-press the buttons 4 and 5.

That should do it.:)

benjamin_2010
08-06-14, 02:12
Aha. I thought it had to do with those little buttons but I never understood how it worked. Thanks so much :)

larafan25
08-06-14, 15:33
Does anyone know if the original TR2 Home Outfit (Pants) is up for download anywhere? I've checked TRsearch but the only outfit is a TR4 remake of the TR2 home outfit, among another which seems to have the wrong outfit inside the download.

edit: Found one on Lara's Levelbase. Doesn't have a braid, but I think I can werk it.

edit: I'm so confused about how Strpix works. Like. I have this one texture, and it seems like it's supposed to be mirrored. But I just can't get it to be mirrored on the other triangle, the way it once was, without distortion.

CourierNumber6
08-06-14, 20:08
Has anyone got any idea on why, when I leave my Editor and go to test things out in-game, the sounds for the textures are all mixed up? If I exit the game, go back into the editor, and re-load and re-save the sounds, they're in the correct places when I test. But for some reason - and it doesn't happen all the time - when I leave my Editor to test, the texture sounds are mixed up.

Weird.

larafan25
08-06-14, 21:22
I have this in the NG editor. If I use Play, instead of Exit and Play, when I return to the editor, things seem kinda fishy. That's all I know.

Dustie
08-06-14, 21:43
Can't remember if Shift, Alt or Ctrl buttons have functions in StrPix for rotating or mirroring textures, but you might as well try...

Here you go. I've worked hard. This has also shown me that VCI makes zero sense, as there were rooms that overlap and they shouldn't be. :pi:

JHO0PBQDHHM&feature=youtu.be

And in case you're wondering about being able to see down into the tunnel when the hallway explodes...

http://s1.postimg.org/oqn7r53mn/shot197.png

http://s15.postimg.org/6fnstotvf/shot199.png

Impressive. My guess is it's actually 3 rooms stacked? Or is it more complex?

sapper
09-06-14, 00:55
edit: I'm so confused about how Strpix works. Like. I have this one texture, and it seems like it's supposed to be mirrored. But I just can't get it to be mirrored on the other triangle, the way it once was, without distortion.

Try rotating it or change the triangle type holding ctrl+alt and clicking.

matrix54
09-06-14, 02:45
Can't remember if Shift, Alt or Ctrl buttons have functions in StrPix for rotating or mirroring textures, but you might as well try...

Impressive. My guess is it's actually 3 rooms stacked? Or is it more complex?

It's VERY complex. If I were to draw a map, you'd lose your mind. :vlol:

The whole set up of that area uses 19 rooms, including flipmaps, and I think it still needs more. :whi:

CourierNumber6
09-06-14, 05:05
Anyone know how to get visible ammo? Particularly what to enter into the script? I can't find it.:o

Tjw croft
09-06-14, 06:06
What exactly do you mean by visible ammo?

CourierNumber6
09-06-14, 13:51
^
Aha, should have clarified.:o
I mean a visible ammo counter, one on the top/bottom of the screen, like in the previous TR games (before 4).

Titak
09-06-14, 15:23
^
Are you using TRNG?
Because it is only possible with TRNG (or TREP if you are using that)

CourierNumber6
09-06-14, 15:25
^
Are you using TRNG?
Because it is only possible with TRNG (or TREP if you are using that)

Yes, latest version of TRNG.:D

Titak
09-06-14, 15:50
Better post in the TRNG section when using TRNG so people will know right away that they can give TRNG solutions and not just original TRLE ones. :D

There is a way through some scripting. :D
Customize= CUST_SHOW_AMMO_COUNTER, ****
**** being all sorts of customisable stuff. Check NG-Center for more info. :D

CourierNumber6
09-06-14, 16:28
Will do next time.:)
Thanks for the help!

matrix54
09-06-14, 21:08
*Waiting for the new Temple of Osiris Lara recolors*

TheBloodRed
10-06-14, 08:23
How does one require a puzzle to be completed in order for a switch to be used?

I had a brain fart and am having troubles with this. :ton:

Tombraider95
10-06-14, 09:05

A flipmap? However if you use the switch before the puzzle, it will activate after doing the puzzle instead.

An animating over the switch to be triggered once the puzzle is completed?

SrDanielPonces
10-06-14, 09:21

A trigger triggerer?

TheBloodRed
10-06-14, 09:24
No flip maps. I tried Trigger Triggerer but maybe I was dumb about it.

Yeah, having trouble making the switch not usable until I want it to be. I guess I gotta put a cover over it or something. :P

Yay forum effect, I will try placing an invisible wall object in front of it until I need the switch to be used.

I will respond with my findings. :P

EDIT: lol my invisible wall isnt in the right spot. its okay ill solve this :(

matrix54
17-06-14, 17:39
What a pleasant surprise.

http://s9.postimg.org/grfeupidr/FL_TWG.jpg

:vlol:

GUMI
17-06-14, 17:50
What a pleasant surprise.

http://s9.postimg.org/grfeupidr/FL_TWG.jpg

Is that Rise of the Tomb Raider?

I hope someone understands this joke*

GoldfishGam3r
17-06-14, 18:50
Hey there! I am in need of some assistance. I am trying to learn how to use metasuquoia, and the tutorial found here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=115107 tells me to make a 102.4 cube, but when I insert these measurements, it goes to 102.0. It does not let me use decimals. What am I doing wrong?

TheTiger
17-06-14, 18:58
What me and many other builders do, is instead of using decimals, use a larger scale. Instead of creating a 102.4 cube, model a 1024 cube instead. :D
Good luck with following this tutorial! :hug: Once you get the hang of object building it will be all worth it.

TRLE also rounds the decimals anyway. (102.4 would be 102 instead.) :( so it is better to use a bigger scale instead. :D

GoldfishGam3r
17-06-14, 19:01
What me and many other builders do, is instead of using decimals, use a larger scale. Instead of creating a 102.4 cube, model a 1024 cube instead. :D Good luck with following this tutorial! :hug: Once you get the hang of it it will be all worth it.

TRLE also rounds the decimals anyway. (102.4 would be 102 instead.) :( so it is better to use a bigger scale instead. :D

Thanks! Does that mean that when I save a mesh, I need to multiply it by 0.1?

SrDanielPonces
17-06-14, 19:10
I always use 102.

TheTiger
17-06-14, 19:17
Thanks! Does that mean that when I save a mesh, I need to multiply it by 0.1?

The latest strpix accepts MQO files - so you do not need to use the multiply nor the export feature any longer. :D Another benefit is that using current scale (1024x1024 per square.) the size is compatible with a standard TRLE square, so the object will be the exact size as you made it in Metasquoia.

You can download the strpix with MQO-import/export feature here: StrPix 3.9.5 Revision 14 by Turbo Pascal and sapper (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/6/)

I always use 102.
Unfortunately that would not completely work with objects that need to fit the exact grid of standard TRLE-geometry. :(

GoldfishGam3r
18-06-14, 08:43
Ok, I have made an object, imported it using strpix and texutered it. When adding to game, though, all it does is stand there, for decoration. How do I add effects to it, like making a movable block, puzzle-piece, switch, etc? I can't seem to find a tutorial on that...

Titak
18-06-14, 11:21
^
You replace the mesh(es) of those objects with the ones you make yourself.
So, In Strpix, you import the mesh you made over the original mesh of the pushable, puzzle-hole, whatever.
Make sure that the position is the same, otherwise the object might not work properly.

SrDanielPonces
18-06-14, 11:37
Also I would recommend to use the original one as a base, so you don't get wrong.

GoldfishGam3r
18-06-14, 11:41
I didn't know it was that simple! Thank you :D

GoldfishGam3r
18-06-14, 13:16
Sorry for spamming so many questions in such a short period of time, but I dond't really have much of a choice. Anyway's, I played 'Clara's home' custom level, and I wanted to know to switch between levels like they did in that level. For example, I have a level with the outside enviroment, and another with the inside, and I wanna switch between the two whnever you pass through a door, while keeping all the stuff you have done in the other area intact.

SrDanielPonces
18-06-14, 14:47
Hello! :wve:

There is a tutorial, I think you can understand it because It's something really simple. Click here (http://skribblerz.com/leveljumps.htm) to read it. :)

Underhoe
18-06-14, 20:00
I'm confused. I've been using the mousepatched roomeditor when suddenly it stopped working. The roomeditor was open, working just the same, yet I could not rotate the camera with the mouse anymore. I tried to replace the roomedit.exe with another and patch it once more, nothing. I tried restartring the computer, still doesn't work. Any idea what might be the problem? Is there a key combination that turns it off?

EDIT - seems to work now...:ponder: weird

SrDanielPonces
20-06-14, 21:34
I'm having a little problem here... Really basic one xD

Well... As you can see in the picture below, the window texture inside works perfectly (The black part in the texture is disappeared), and in the water (outside) the texture isn't working very well... Anyone has any idea how to make it work right? xD
I know, It's a really stupid question, but I just don't know how to make the texture to work

http://i.imgur.com/KwSpCSQ.png

Titak
20-06-14, 21:44
The rooms are connected, right?

You may want to try applying the black colour from the colourpalette somewhere. (the one that is used to make the horizon visible)
In that underwaterroom or in both rooms.
I seem to remember that this can make a difference in these cases. :ponder:

SrDanielPonces
21-06-14, 01:42
Seems to work ! :tmb: Thanks! :hug:

Btw, can we actually add more than one FISH_EMITTER in the wad? Thx! :)

THOR2010
21-06-14, 02:14
theres only one fish_emitter object slot so i dont think so, but if you want different fish all you need to do is use a different ocb.

Uzi master
21-06-14, 04:07
I'm having a little problem here... Really basic one xD

Well... As you can see in the picture below, the window texture inside works perfectly (The black part in the texture is disappeared), and in the water (outside) the texture isn't working very well... Anyone has any idea how to make it work right? xD
I know, It's a really stupid question, but I just don't know how to make the texture to work

Sure your using the same texture for both sides? I seem to recall that TGA having two versions of the window textures, one that's see through and one that's opaque. I all else fails you could just leave the water room side of the window as a transparent texture instead and set the inside texture as double-sided.

moodydog
21-06-14, 10:23
Is there a way to increase the maximum amount of textures a set can hold?

matrix54
21-06-14, 12:50
Is there a way to increase the maximum amount of textures a set can hold?

Use some good quality smaller textures in combination with larger texture.

THOR2010
21-06-14, 13:39
if your using tbuilder its max tga size for saving is only about half of the size ngle can actually have. What i do is make two full sets in tbuilder then combine them into one image with gimp and save as tga.

SrDanielPonces
21-06-14, 13:56
Sure your using the same texture for both sides? I seem to recall that TGA having two versions of the window textures, one that's see through and one that's opaque. I all else fails you could just leave the water room side of the window as a transparent texture instead and set the inside texture as double-sided.

Yeah, I saw this... :vlol: I'm so stupid

tombraiderxii
22-06-14, 06:47
Every time I try to add static items to my WAD, it causes WADMerger to crash... does anyone happen to know why?
I get a subscript out of range error.
I can delete statics, but I can't add any without getting that error. :(

A_De
22-06-14, 08:20
^ Guess all the default statics slots (Plant, Rock, Furniture, Architecture, Debris) are filled? If they are then use SHIFT when copying a new static and choose some EXTRA_XX in opened list. Be careful: if you copying Plant_X (for example) the program will create two Plant_X slots, so don't forget to rename the second Plant_X to some EXTRA.

tombraiderxii
22-06-14, 08:24
^ Guess all the default statics slots (Plant, Rock, Furniture, Architecture, Debris) are filled? If they are then use SHIFT when copying a new static and choose some EXTRA_XX in opened list. Be careful: if you copying Plant_X (for example) the program will create two Plant_X slots, so don't forget to rename the second Plant_X to some EXTRA.

I get the same error. Even when I hold shift. :(

I get the Subscript out of range error and then WADMerger crashes as soon as I add any static, whether it's a default static or extra static. I made sure I had open slots too, yet it still doesnt work. I've been needing to modify my WADs but because of this i can't. :(

klona
22-06-14, 16:20
Does anyone know where can I find TR3 Manor HQ textures?

Kapu
24-06-14, 03:42
the ones by TRJTA? check here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7057654&postcount=48)!

THOR2010
24-06-14, 19:09
is there a way to prevent lara from being able to move a pushable object on certain sectors while still having them level with the sectors she can move it on?

Krystian
24-06-14, 21:11
I remember there was a certain solution which relied on moving an invisible anim object (triggered via heavytrigger) in the path of the pushblock, thus preventing it from being moved. That's all I know, don't remember if there was more to it. :)

THOR2010
24-06-14, 23:32
^well my problem is that iv'e got a pushable block near a static window, and lara's able to push it right through the window into the next room? The window object has collision so i dont understand whats wrong? other static objects stop the pushables but not this one?

matrix54
25-06-14, 02:42
Someway...

Somehow...

I managed to get the clockwork beetle to wig out, as if it exploded and lends a few seconds later. Not the thing it does when it's about to break from overuse, but it's started jumping up and down, then stopped for Lara to pick it up again. :vlol:

Tjw croft
25-06-14, 04:03
And that sort of post is why I wish we had a like button on the forums.

matrix54
25-06-14, 06:58
Your gratitude is all the more appreciated. :p

Titak
25-06-14, 07:07
^well my problem is that iv'e got a pushable block near a static window, and lara's able to push it right through the window into the next room? The window object has collision so i dont understand whats wrong? other static objects stop the pushables but not this one?If that window is in the door between two different editor rooms, I'd say the simple solution would be to make the door toggle-opacity. :D
It's what I always do anyway, just in case people can use the object-corner bug to get by an object. :D

Someway...

Somehow...

I managed to get the clockwork beetle to wig out, as if it exploded and lends a few seconds later. Not the thing it does when it's about to break from overuse, but it's started jumping up and down, then stopped for Lara to pick it up again. :vlol:Ah, the clockwork beetle... I've used it in my very first level which has never been released and which got lost since and never used it again. A shame really, it is such a nice little thingy.

Can you recreate this? In case it might be a nice feature to have with the beetle. :D

matrix54
25-06-14, 07:32
That's the thing - I don't know what's causing it. It's a standard setup; I'm using it to open doors - that's my guess.

The only difference is the rooms are split ( many rooms, not one long corridor). It works fine when I send it back, but forward, when triggering - it goes wild.

Titak
25-06-14, 09:39
Too bad.
Odd though that it does this when activating the triggers. :confused:

AkyV
25-06-14, 10:39
The mechanical scarab (CLOCKWORK_BEETLE) is a pickable object, a little gadget that Lara could pick up in two pieces (CLOCKWORK_BEETLE_COMBO1 and CLOCKWORK_BEETLE_COMBO2). - You can find the objects eg. in the WAD of the cleopal.prj original TRLE project.
Naturally you need to combine the pieces into the scarab (in the inventory) before you use it.

If you want to change the name of the scarab or the pieces, then change these [Strings] entries in NG Center: 97, 98, 99.

This is how it works:
In a given point of the level the player chooses the scarab in the inventory. (This is the start point.) Now Lara places the scarab on the ground. The scarab starts rolling on the ground to another point a bit further, where it stops. (This is the end point – even in another room as opposed to where the start point is.)
When the scarab stops, Lara can pick it up to start it again from another start point in the level or other levels, later.

Ledges or slopes cannot block the move of the scarab, the gadget will get on them and move on them. It crosses Toggle Opacity squares or even object platforms. It moves in water or quicksand as if that were a dry land.
It will disappear, bumping into green walls (included the ones made by the green Wall button), Toggle Opacity walls or closed doors. – But it moves through any other object.

The scarab will activate Lara’s triggers during its travel, crossing them. – Even if the trigger is at the end point.

You shouldn’t use a trigger at the start point for the scarab, because Lara herself will activate it, when steps on that square to start the scarab there.

This is how the setup looks:

1. Place some peculiar texture on each start point of the setup so the player will recognize it is a start point for the scarab.

2. Then select the square of the start point and click on Button B in the Room Edit Buttons panel. – A grey frame appears around that square on the Plan View Grid.
Do the same with the end point.

3. Then place a MAPPER nullmesh object (also see in the WAD of cleopal.prj) on the start point. The tip of the nullmesh pyramid must indicate towards the end point.
Because of technical reasons, also place a MAPPER on the end point (now the indication doesn’t matter).

- Rules for MAPPER objects:

= Click on Invisible OCB button for each MAPPER placed or else you will see the MAPPER in the game.
= Each MAPPER could be either a start or an end point.
= Lara needs to pick the scarab up without the scarab starting the travel on the ground:

< if it is not a MAPPER, where she has put the scarab down, but another point of the level,
< if Lara has used that MAPPER, where she has put the scarab down, as a start or end point before.

There is a bug here: if you save the game after you used a MAPPER as a start/end point, and then load that savegame, and then place the scarab on that MAPPER, then the scarab will start the travel.

- The scarab can perform maximum three travels between start and end points during the whole game. (See memory zones to prevent it.)
If Lara wants to start the scarab to perform the fourth travel (putting it down anywhere in the level, even if that is not a MAPPER) then the scarab will blow up.

If you want to remove a scarab route from a start point to an end point, first delete the MAPPER objects. Then select the square again, and then click on B again to make the grey frame disappear.

matrix54
25-06-14, 13:13
THANKS! :tmb:

That must be it - passing through doors. But it doesn't disappear, it just jumps up and down, like broken physics. I guess it comes back since the door is triggered.

*shrug*

THOR2010
25-06-14, 13:23
If that window is in the door between two different editor rooms, I'd say the simple solution would be to make the door toggle-opacity. :D
It's what I always do anyway, just in case people can use the object-corner bug to get by an object. :D

i originally did have it between two rooms with toggle_opacity, but iv'e also got two column objects on the sides that cover the cracks in the textures. since the object sits in between two sectors along the wall they extend through the door from one room, and from the next they do that annoying disappearing thing when their room is no longer in view. so i moved everything back a sector so the windows aren't on the door anymore. the wired thing is she pushes blocks right through the column too! but if i put something like a pedestal on a square it stops her? i don't understand whats different about the objects that forces the pushable to stop.

Athukraz
25-06-14, 22:02
Why is there water sounds when a ninja is firing at you?

disapearing-boy
25-06-14, 22:48

It's a mistake made by Core (PC version only I think)... some just accidentally added the wrong sound. This can be removed easily in Wadmerger as far as I know (I rarely use that enemy but just find the shooting animation and remove the water sound).

GoldfishGam3r
25-06-14, 23:12
I think I know the answer to this question, but maybe i'm wrong, so here it goes: Is there a way to import TRLE levels to playstation Tomb Raider 4 roms?
Because that would mean I could play TRLE on almost any device I wanted, from PSP to Android using emulators.

SrDanielPonces
26-06-14, 01:10
I am having a problem here... When I open tomb4.exe, it only appears a black screen... :confused:

EDIT: Nvm, it was my anti virus ¬¬

Kapu
26-06-14, 02:35
I think I know the answer to this question, but maybe i'm wrong, so here it goes: Is there a way to import TRLE levels to playstation Tomb Raider 4 roms?
Because that would mean I could play TRLE on almost any device I wanted, from PSP to Android using emulators.

nope, as far as i know it's not possible. there is no way to convert TRLE levels to the PSX file format, only PC. so it's not possible to swap out official levels from the PSX version with TRLE levels and emulate them. but it's worth mentioning that the PSX wouldn't be capable of running a large majority of modern custom levels because it lacks the processing power. really someone would have to port the TRLE engine (or really more accurately, TRNG) to each specific platform, e.g. Android/PSP. but without a source code the engine can't be ported at all, so that kills that possibility also. really in short, TRLE levels will likely remain playable on PC only. :o

sapper
26-06-14, 04:36

This is why.

http://forum.trle.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28406#p661242

Athukraz
26-06-14, 09:13
Thank you. :) Not using it, I was just wondering.

Raider99
26-06-14, 22:57
I'm using Pixstr to apply some animated textures to an object, but whenever I select an object in the list, I get this error and then whenever I move mouse over objects list, it happens again. :confused:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113132462/Screenshot%202014-06-27%2000.53.48.png

I downloaded Pixstr from http://www.trsearch.org/

DJ Full
27-06-14, 10:12
@Raider99,
isn't the folder/file read only? This sometimes happens if it is.

Hello People :) . I didn't have much time to even log in here for ages because all efforts go into BtB now :D . I'm currently forced to classic setups then, and at the moment I'm having a really hard time with Flipeffect 10. It is said it should play a sample of a number typed. I presume it should be played once, but it loops no matter what I do, and here's what I noted already:
- One-shot button gets ignored.
- It doesn't matter if I try a regular trigger or heavy.
- Rollingballs roll far too slow for the sample to be triggered once only.
Any clue?

A_De
27-06-14, 13:27
^ probably this is because of sample itself. You know some sounds are suppored to loop, and their samples have names like l_waterfall, l_vander, etc. I used the LARA_SWIM sound with heavy trigger, and it did not loop.

Raider99
27-06-14, 13:49
@Raider99,
isn't the folder/file read only? This sometimes happens if it is.

I don't understand what you're telling... :o

DJ Full
27-06-14, 13:54
"L" for "Loop". Simple and brilliant, I never thought about it :) - but unfortunately I never used any of those and all of them loop anyway. Hmm... then it seems to be an error caused either by our contest-patched exe or by the ngle version we're building with. So I'll just remember for my future projects that those sounds are supposed to work properly under normal conditions and don't care about them for now :D . Thanks for help :)

AgentXP
27-06-14, 15:54
How do I set the correct animation for a TR2 mannor style push button? (Is it an obc code on the button object and if so which one?)

Lara is currently doing the switch animation when she presses it!

Kapu
27-06-14, 16:41
i've always done this with WADMerger. open it up, click the "switch manager" button at the bottom and use pop up dialogue to assign the small button to OBC 2.

Raider99
27-06-14, 17:32
I'm using Pixstr to apply some animated textures to an object, but whenever I select an object in the list, I get this error and then whenever I move mouse over objects list, it happens again. :confused:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113132462/Screenshot%202014-06-27%2000.53.48.png

I downloaded Pixstr from http://www.trsearch.org/

Anyone? D: It's got lost so fast...

DJ Full
27-06-14, 20:45
RMB on file > Properties > Attributes > Deselect "Read Only"

AgentXP
27-06-14, 22:10
i've always done this with WADMerger. open it up, click the "switch manager" button at the bottom and use pop up dialogue to assign the small button to OBC 2.

many thanks, I've got that working now :tmb:

Another Question :o
I now have the correct animation for the button, but the lara death sound is playing when she pushes the button. How do I change it?

I've been experimenting with adding sounds to objects in the WADmerger anim editor, and so far no joy....they don't play, even though I have been choosing exsiting TR4 sounds.....

Kapu
28-06-14, 00:37
hmm, that i'm not so sure about. the push switch should have the LARA_CLICK_SWITCH sound assigned to it in the anim commands. so i guess i would first check the switch object animations to make sure that command is in there and also make sure your samples folder has the switch sound. it's called clk_swt.

Raider99
28-06-14, 11:11

That wasn't even selected... :( I tried running as Admin or compatibility mode, but no luck. Maybe it doesn't work because I'm using NG stuff in my game.. I'll check.

EDIT: Nope, doesn't even work with original levels.

DarkHawk
28-06-14, 17:02
Sorry for the wall of text:

I have been having some issues with the editor the last few days and I'm not really sure what to do about them. I haven't worked on my level in a long time and decided I wanted to finish it. I'm using a new computer which has much higher graphical power than the one I used to use for making and playing levels as well as having a widescreen HD monitor. The main issue at the moment is I cant run the tomb4.exe in a healthy looking resolution...if that makes sense.

I've tried multiple setups to try to make it work but regardless of what I do the game looks stretched and out of proportion. I tried playing in window mode but the game crashes when I try to enter the inventory. I've been testing on the official editor patched for Vista/Windows 7, since this computer runs on 7. I haven't installed the NGLE/TRNG yet, im just trying to get the graphic display right. My screen resolution is 1366x768 which I know doesn't work for the game but i haven't been able to find a workable resolution for this screen. On lower resolutions the game runs smoothly but still is stretched thanks to my widescreen monitor. On higher resolutions with the same aspect ratio the inventory screen becomes white and black vertical bars which I guess is just because it glitches on higher resolutions?

I don't know. Is there some kind of way to make TRLE run full screen in widescreen? I can play levels fine it's just graphical issues really.

I've also been playing custom levels, most recently Mists of Avalon by Titak, and that runs and looks fine on this monitor. Although when I started tampering with the Tomb4.exe setup for the editor the settings I selected also affected the Tomb4.exe that came bundled with Mists of Avalon, and I'm not really sure why. I don't have the files in the same location so I'm confused as to why the setup for the original editor affect the Tomb4.exe of a custom level.

SrDanielPonces
28-06-14, 17:10
Mists of Avalon was made on NGLE... So I think you should install NGLE and see if it works. (Do a backup before installing) If you do not want to install NGLE, I really don't know :/
My monitor resolution is 1440x900

DarkHawk
28-06-14, 17:15
Well I was going to but wanted to figure out this resolution business first. I didn't think the NGLE had anything to do with how the Tomb4.exe ran regarding resolution. It's been too long since I used this stuff. I built my unfinished level with TRNG and planned on bringing it over to this computer, which is another problem since I don't know how that's going to work with my backed up level files. Is it best to reinstall the NGLE from scratch on this computer or can I simply carry over my LE files from the old comp and put them on here since I already have the official editor installed now?

SrDanielPonces
28-06-14, 17:24
If you were making your levels using the official Level Editor, yes, you can use them for NGLE.. But I recommend to you to do a backup (never happened to me), because I saw some people that installed and then they lost they're project files, so...

DarkHawk
28-06-14, 17:31
No I mean I had used NGLE from the start, I simply had to reinstall the official editor on this computer since NGLE requires the official one before you can install it. I just happened to notice the effects of this new monitor on the game and didn't think NGLE had anything to do with correcting the resolution, which is why I havent installed it yet. I have my level on a flashdrive I just want to resolve this stuff before I start building again. I don't want to see everythign stretched and weird when I do test runs, etc.

SrDanielPonces
28-06-14, 17:47
I believe NGLE edits the tomb4.exe, since the icon image is different and such thing. Well, It's a good try to install ngle and see if it works. If not, you can try to use TREP which is a program that edits the tomb4.exe.
If anything works, just go with the official Level Editor and try another solution :/

Titak
28-06-14, 19:26
I'm confused as to why the setup for the original editor affect the Tomb4.exe of a custom level.Whenever you run the setup of the game, the settings you put in apply to all tomb4.exe files on your computer. No idea whay that is, but that's how it is.

However, there's a difference between the original tomb4.exe, which you seem to have, and the TRNG tomb4.exe which I have been using for Mists of Avalon. TRNG allows for widescreen resolutions.

One way to solve the stretching with the original editor is to play the game in windowed mode and using a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution, like 1024x786.

If you already used TRNG before, I suggest installing the latest update, MK4.
lt'll give you the latest options and ofcourse the widescreen resolutions.
Your files shoudl still work but you'll have to re-output the .tom files and rebuild the .tr4 files, as well as the script in NG-Center.

DarkHawk
28-06-14, 20:10
Whenever you run the setup of the game, the settings you put in apply to all tomb4.exe files on your computer. No idea whay that is, but that's how it is.

However, there's a difference between the original tomb4.exe, which you seem to have, and the TRNG tomb4.exe which I have been using for Mists of Avalon. TRNG allows for widescreen resolutions.

One way to solve the stretching with the original editor is to play the game in windowed mode and using a 4:3 aspect ratio resolution, like 1024x786.

If you already used TRNG before, I suggest installing the latest update, MK4.
lt'll give you the latest options and ofcourse the widescreen resolutions.
Your files shoudl still work but you'll have to re-output the .tom files and rebuild the .tr4 files, as well as the script in NG-Center.

Thank You! That's what I needed to know, I'll get on installing TRNG. I figured I'd have to redo all that stuff anyway so it's fine. I thought maybe that was the case with the Tomb4.exe. The official Tomb4.exe and TRNG Tomb4.exe won't ever get confused by the setup right?

It's been a long time since I tampered with this stuff but it shouldn't be too complicated. I only had a couple lines of scripting for my level in the NG-Center.

EDIT: I'm a bit confused installing TRNG. I didn't install the official editor in my program files but put it in a folder on my desktop. So does this mean I should put TRNG in that same folder or install it in program files? Does it matter? I installed it once but then uninstalled it because I wasn't sure and I got a message that said 1 Error and 5 Warnings after the installation. Apparently it was missing some language files like english.txt, spanish.txt, etc. I don't know at this point...

Titak
28-06-14, 21:43
On newer systems it is best to install the editor in My Documents to avoid issues with administrator rights and all.
So install the official editor in there en then install TRNG in the same folder.

Btw, we have a special section dedicated to TRNG (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40), so if you have questions about TRNG, it is best to post in there so people can start giving TRNG solutions right away. :D

Raider99
30-06-14, 15:42
So.. I've tried messing with Pixstr for few days and still no luck. As DJFull suggested, I tried

but no luck, still getting this error after moving mouse over an object to apply animated water texture.

THOR2010
04-07-14, 16:53
i posted this question earlier in the trng section but now iv'e figured its more animation related that strictly trng. iv'e been using Symsi's swingpole animations for some time with no problems, i recently added d|r's legend style grab animations to my lara object which replaces a number of different anims, 95 being the one with issues. After importing those animations lara began grabing the parallel bar object like so?
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/untitled_zpsa6886a5c.png
Once i re-import the original anim 95 everything works fine and she grabs where shes supposed to. I havent been able to figure out whats causing this, the only differencr between the two animations is the number of frames...

Kapu
04-07-14, 18:06
Hey Thor, I'm d|r on TRS. I will look into this issue for you and make sure there are no problems on my end, although I think the problem could lie in the scripting for the swingpole.

EDIT: I wonder if the issue could be because I added frames to anim 95? The default animation is a single frame but I added some motion to it. Open anim 95 in AnimEdit, go to "Frames" on the menu bar and select the "Delete all frames" option. It'll delete all but the first frame. Then go into the State Change Editor and change the "High frame" field for all commands from 17 to 1. Also, change the "Next animation" field from 1 to 0 (that was a mistake, it should have been 0 from the get go).

THOR2010
04-07-14, 18:14
^thank you:) i thought if that as well, unfortunately sysmi's script is all numbers instead of written out commands so im having a little trouble figuring out whats what!

Kapu
04-07-14, 18:26
no problem. did you catch my edit? i'll repost it since we're on a new page:
EDIT: I wonder if the issue could be because I added frames to anim 95? The default animation is a single frame but I added some motion to it. Open anim 95 in AnimEdit, go to "Frames" on the menu bar and select the "Delete all frames" option. It'll delete all but the first frame. Then go into the State Change Editor and change the "High frame" field for all commands from 17 to 1. Also, change the "Next animation" field from 1 to 0 (that was a mistake, it should have been 0 from the get go).

like you said, the added frames is the only difference from the original animation (well, besides the different pose). i'm wondering if this will then solve the problem!

THOR2010
04-07-14, 18:59
^didn't work, she still does the same thing:( im still looking at the script so maybe ill find something

Kapu
04-07-14, 19:25
Hmm, well my last suggestion would be to take the modified animation, click the move mesh tool, and in the coordinate window type in these values:
X: -0.009
Y: -0.406
Z: -0.152

Then click the OK button and Lara will shift just a pinch. Click the move mesh tool and check the coordinates, they should have changed to this:
X: -0.009
Y: -0.407
Z: -0.153

The only value that actually changes will be the Z axis. It's -0.15 instead of -0.153, the others already have the correct values but for some reason AnimEdit will add 0.001 to the Y and Z fields, it's some kind of glitch. This will make the positioning exactly the same as the original animation 95.

THOR2010
04-07-14, 19:33
still no go, and i cant see anything in the script that would cause it.

Joey79100
04-07-14, 20:13
The lenght of animation 95 doesn't matter, I have a longer one and it works without a bug.
What about animation 96? Does it have the exact number of frames? (I bet yes because it would cause glitches with the normal hanging animations, but you never know)
And check the StateID too, they have to be the same as the originals.

Since you're using Symsi's animations... Are you sure there are 2 frames on animation 461?
Check the original AnimCommands too, and compare them to your Wads. I remember she had added some SetPosition commands on her animations, but I don't remember where and if it was real SetPosition or triggers. You'd have to check if something has been removed.

It's a really weird problem by the way. :confused:

THOR2010
04-07-14, 20:26
animation 96 seems to be fine as it doesn't cause any problems, animation 461 has 2 frames, i haven't altered symsi's animations at all.

FloTheMachine
06-07-14, 13:52
Long time no post :p

I sort of put my entire life to the side during my exams, and I've totally fallen out of sync with the TRLE community
I was wondering could anyone suggest a collection of TRLE levels that have been released recently that are super worth my having a go at?

(The last levelset I played was Mists of Avalon..)

Joey79100
06-07-14, 14:46
The Paramina Rift running animation "by" Rouge (http://www.trsearch.org/Items/4336)
Didn't know where to post it, but... Isn't it the GeckoKid's animation? :ponder:

Titak
06-07-14, 14:51
^
Yes it is and it has been reported to TR Search already.
At least... I contacted Michiel about it.

Not sure if the other animations are ripped though so I haven't reported those.
I want to be sure about something before I go reporting or accusing.

Joey79100
06-07-14, 14:58
The other seem to be made by her, judging by the static collision box and low frame number (she made a few ones only and uses higher framerate, completly different from the GK's anim).
It's sad to see that people use other people's work and make it their own. It's no respect for the time the author spent making this. :/

Ranpyon
06-07-14, 20:19
On Windows XP I used PhotoShop 7 for editing and building the .tga files... But this version is very old, and can't be even installed on Win 7 (64 bit). So I've installed Gimp, but it can't save correctly the .tga files in order to work with the editor. I tried to open the tga file with TBuilder, but it's too big and the program can't work with huge texture files. What can I do for editing my tga? Any ideas?

GUMI
06-07-14, 20:29
You could try Fireaplaca. It's a free drawing/editing program. I used it to put some LGBT flags into some textures I had (for my Drag Raider project)

http://firealpaca.com/en

Joey79100
06-07-14, 20:36
There's also an updated version of TBuilder which supports the large files (as large as the ones TRNG can have I mean). Don't remember where I found it so I upload it instead:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kyt8lqvl83w8cb/TBuilder.v24R1.exe

THOR2010
06-07-14, 20:38
sweet thanks for that^
as for not being able to save correct tga formats with gimb, when u save the tga be sure to disable RLE compression

Ranpyon
06-07-14, 21:43
Whoa, thank you so much, guys!! :hug:

matrix54
06-07-14, 22:46
I remember seeing some reference somewhere about squaring off an uneven texture that's at an awkward angle, so when it's fit to a face that's not a square, it looks normal.

Anyone know of a good reference?

Niveus
06-07-14, 23:28
That is basically the fake UV mapping method. Use the free form cropping tool in Photoshop.

bagas
08-07-14, 08:25
Hi, I'm going to upgrade my pc later this year,
I'm also going to upgrade my 32-bit windows to the 64-bit one :D
I'm just gonna ask, are there any compatibility issues? :confused:

Titak
08-07-14, 09:04
I have Windows 8.1, 64 bits on my laptop.
No problems other than the disappearing polygon thing kicking in after I upgraded from 8 to 8.1.

I do have the whole thing installed in my My Documents folder and I'm sure compatibility modes are used. But I have no problems with it.

What I do though when installing any updates is to go into the unzipped update folder, after installing, and then copy all the files manually over into my TRLE folder. Because the regular installment does not (always?) seem to replace files in there... or something. It's a bit vague... :o

bagas
08-07-14, 09:08
^Ok, then :D
No worries apart from minor problems!
Thanks Titak :tmb:

Ariana_Grande
09-07-14, 23:33
this is help thread, so I thought I'd post my question here.

I am trying to get an add effect on a moveable here's what I've setup:

AddEffect= 2, ADD_LIGHT_GLOVE, FADD_NONE, JOINT_RIGHT_SHOULDER, 0, -128, 175, -1, -1, 13, -1, MIST_COL_BLUE, 400, 35

I've already got the GT/TG setup for the enemy. But I'm trying to have both the GLOVE light and FLAT LIGHT on the enemy, but when I connect the two like this:

AddEffect= 2, ADD_LIGHT_GLOVE + ADD_LIGHT_FLAT, FADD_NONE, JOINT_RIGHT_SHOULDER, 0, -128, 175, -1, -1, 13, -1, MIST_COL_BLUE, 400, 35

The addeffect doesn't apply to enemy :confused:
I'm stuck.

THOR2010
10-07-14, 02:15
you should ask that in the trng section as its ng scripting

GUMI
13-07-14, 19:17
How do I make a menu for my trle game?

The menu where you choose "new game" "load game" and etc.

And how do I make a loading screen for my trle/ngle game?

disapearing-boy
13-07-14, 19:32
The menu is done the same as the level maps, use cameras to create a flyby. Edit the 'Title' prj with your custom textures and camera, or whatever you want to do. For a Tomb Raider 4 style loading screen (a screenshot of your level), it's explained in the manual. I've never done it myself.

If you want a still image like in TR 1-3, you need to either use TREP or TRNG.

If your not using those, you can just place one camera in the title level and aim it at a wall. Put your menu image into the TGA like a regular texture. Texture the wall to make a larger image.;)

tombraiderxii
16-07-14, 04:04
I'm having a problem with animations in WADMerger.
I made one which looked fine in WADMerger, but in game, the animating spazzes at the end of the animation as seen in this video. :(

roHY1yC7UZw

I don't know what's causing this.. I'd be grateful if someone knew what the issue is. The other animations I made and tested for her don't have this issue. But then again, those anims had her in an upright standing position. :(

DJ Full
16-07-14, 04:10
Does anyone know if the dropdown menu located just above the "Place Object" button and filled with room mode "Large", "Medium", "Small", "Pipe" and "Outside" has any real effect at all? I tried all those types but didn't notice any difference.

sapper
16-07-14, 04:55
I'm having a problem with animations in WADMerger.
I made one which looked fine in WADMerger, but in game, the animating spazzes at the end of the animation as seen in this video. :((

This might fix the problem.

In wadmerger's animation editor export the animation to a .TRW file.

Open the .TRW file in my TRW editor. http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/31/

In the Special Menu click Set number of frames.

Make sure the number of frames is not greater than the maximum listed.

If it is greater, set the number of frames to the maximum, save the .TRW and import back into wadmerger.

You may need to add anim commands again though if you had any.

tombraiderxii
16-07-14, 06:26
It works! Thank you so much Sapper! :hug:

snork
16-07-14, 17:37
Does anyone know if the dropdown menu located just above the "Place Object" button and filled with room mode "Large", "Medium", "Small", "Pipe" and "Outside" has any real effect at all? I tried all those types but didn't notice any difference.

Isn't "outside" used with Lara's braid/ponytail being affected by wind ?
(and trep's/Tomo's weather, so where it rains and where not ?)

Kapu
16-07-14, 19:05

if you click the text there it opens a dialog box titled "Set Room Reverb." it must refer to the echo effect in the PS versions of the classics. not of any use to us on the PC. :/

tombraiderxii
17-07-14, 00:36
I'm a tad bit upset that core couldn't get the reverb to work in the pc version :(

matrix54
17-07-14, 02:53
Because they hate us. :wve:

tombraiderxii
17-07-14, 03:38
Well that's a damn shame now isn't it. :p
I suppose manually adding reverb is a work around as seen in the Crypt level in KAP and The Beginning Demo, but it would've been nice to have both in the same level

Kapu
17-07-14, 05:31

interestingly enough, if you open the latest patches.drc file from TREP and scroll to the very bottom, you'll see this:
/bgn 083
Omnipresence=0
Name=
Description=Enables pseudo-reverberation and echo effect.//In TRLE, you can set

RequiresRemap=0
RequiresYiff=0
RequiresPart=0
RequiresSave=0
Dependencies=
CondBehave=0

/end 083

it's just a description, no code at all but it would appear at some point someone attempted to recreate the effect. or at least they were going to try to attempt it. i wonder if it could have been the talented Lwmte?

Uzi master
17-07-14, 07:12
Uhh... There's something a little, err... Off, with that little snippet.

A_De
17-07-14, 10:32
:vlol: How dare they? :smk:
I think the reason is that the PC version is just a port from PS, that's why some good things were cut off due to incompatibility. Perhaps PS features could be added to PC version, but this definitely takes time. Guess Core didn't have it.

DJ Full
18-07-14, 07:21
That's a lot of info, thank You :D . Yep, that "Reverb" is written on the very top, dark grey over brighter grey, so I didn't notice :) .

One more question: does the order of flipmap / flipoff / flipon matter? Do they have to be e.g. triggered on/off subsequently with increasing number or can they be operated independently?

Nynke
18-07-14, 12:41
Hey everyone,

I recently got familiar with the TRLE, I am not planning to create any levels but I love to play the levels others made!

A few days ago I started playing Mists of Avalon, however I am experiencing problems with this.
The difficult part is is that I am using a Macbook Pro, so I run the setup.exe through a Wineskin. I am moderately familiar with Wine and it took me a while to get everything running, however the game now plays fantastic!

The only problem I have are the graphics, I can see on youtube that the levels should look awesome. However, my screen looks way too bright and not polished, as you can see here: http://i61.************/2581anp.png EDIT: not allowed to post pictures?

I can't figure out if this happens because of certain settings, my macbook specifications or because of the Wineskin I use. Also there is very little information on TRLE the internet, especially when it comes to Mac users.

I hope somebody here can give me some tips!

Titak
18-07-14, 22:16
Welcome to this forum, Nynke! :wve:

You can post a picture the way you did, wrapped in [IMG] tags I mean, but some imagehosting sites have been blocked here because they recycle links and we've had normal images that were suddenly replaced with something inappropriate for this forum.

Your issue might come from low resolution settings in the game setup.
Usually you can make a shortcut of the tomb4.exe.
Then right-click on it and open the Properties.
In the box with the path to the program you add a space and the the word setup. Click the Apply button and close the window.
Now doubleclick on it and you should get a game setup window in which you can change the resolution.

Now, I don't know anything about Macbook with Wineskin so I don't know if this is possible, but I always use a texturedepth of 32 (instead of the default 16) and the highest resolution possible for the monitor used. This makes things look more smooth.

Trenton
18-07-14, 22:23
Just a quick noob question here: I know I can extract ingame models from the classics by using the TRLE, but what if I want to extract a model from any of the later games? Like AoD or the LAU trilogy? Which software is best to use? :confused:

Krystian
19-07-14, 08:02
That will be more problematic. There is no predefined application/program for opening the game data as it is with the classic games (unless I'm wrong?).
You will most likely have to use a 3D ripping software (that supports DirectX), and rip the models from the game.

Trenton
19-07-14, 08:11
That will be more problematic. There is no predefined application/program for opening the game data as it is with the classic games (unless I'm wrong?).
You will most likely have to use a 3D ripping software (that supports DirectX), and rip the models from the game.

Okay, I´ll look into that. Thanks! :)

Nynke
19-07-14, 14:20
Welcome to this forum, Nynke! :wve:

You can post a picture the way you did, wrapped in [IMG] tags I mean, but some imagehosting sites have been blocked here because they recycle links and we've had normal images that were suddenly replaced with something inappropriate for this forum.

Your issue might come from low resolution settings in the game setup.
Usually you can make a shortcut of the tomb4.exe.
Then right-click on it and open the Properties.
In the box with the path to the program you add a space and the the word setup. Click the Apply button and close the window.
Now doubleclick on it and you should get a game setup window in which you can change the resolution.

Now, I don't know anything about Macbook with Wineskin so I don't know if this is possible, but I always use a texturedepth of 32 (instead of the default 16) and the highest resolution possible for the monitor used. This makes things look more smooth.

Hi Titak, thanks for your reply!
I have triggered the pop-up window that appears when first starting the game, I assume that is the one you meant?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/540/554bcb.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/540/554bcb.png/)

Changing those settings unfortunately doesn't change the graphics of the game, I am afraid it might be a more complicated problem. This is how the game looks like on my screen. While most textures are there and the gameplay works fine, there are no shadows or any darkness whatsoever, furthermore the lights on the wall look strange:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/661/2c6714.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/661/2c6714.png/)

Can it be that there is a certain file(?) that is missing or not running properly on my laptop that should make the lightnings 'finessing touch'?
I hope there is any more advise that you can give me, but I understand that it might just be a Mac/Wineskin issue! :)

larafan25
19-07-14, 17:07
Aaaa this outfit is so perfect:

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/4342

Joey79100
19-07-14, 17:24
interestingly enough, if you open the latest patches.drc file from TREP and scroll to the very bottom, you'll see this:
/bgn 083
Omnipresence=0
Name=
Description=Enables pseudo-reverberation and echo effect.//In TRLE, you can set

RequiresRemap=0
RequiresYiff=0
RequiresPart=0
RequiresSave=0
Dependencies=
CondBehave=0

/end 083

it's just a description, no code at all but it would appear at some point someone attempted to recreate the effect. or at least they were going to try to attempt it. i wonder if it could have been the talented Lwmte?

Wow. But then, would it be possible to copy the code from OpenTomb and insert it into TREP/FLEP? That would be awesome to finally have reverb in the levels! I've already set every room's reverberation in my levels in case it works one day. :D

I have a question.
http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/07/18//mini_14071801250315217912394478.png (http://nsm08.casimages.com/img/2014/07/18//14071801250315217912394478.png)
Is it possible to have something better than this? It's the title level of TR5, an area of the manor. I just want the geometry, and why not the textures, I don't need anything else. It's not that importantafter all, because I can remake it only using FexInspect, but with the geometry in NGLE and actual squares it's easier too see. :)

Titak
19-07-14, 19:34
Hi Titak, thanks for your reply!
I have triggered the pop-up window that appears when first starting the game, I assume that is the one you meant?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/540/554bcb.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/540/554bcb.png/)

Changing those settings unfortunately doesn't change the graphics of the game, I am afraid it might be a more complicated problem. This is how the game looks like on my screen. While most textures are there and the gameplay works fine, there are no shadows or any darkness whatsoever, furthermore the lights on the wall look strange:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/661/2c6714.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/661/2c6714.png/)

Can it be that there is a certain file(?) that is missing or not running properly on my laptop that should make the lightnings 'finessing touch'?
I hope there is any more advise that you can give me, but I understand that it might just be a Mac/Wineskin issue! :)
That is indeed the setup window.
That problem you are having is something I've never seen before. It's quite strange that there isn't any lighting... :confused:

No idea what could be the fix for this. :(

Joey79100
19-07-14, 20:42
@Nynke: Maybe Wineskin misses some DirectX commands or something like that...?
Have you tried Software mode instead of Hardware Acceleration?

Kapu
20-07-14, 04:06
@Nynke: This looks to me like a gamma issue to me. Macs and PCs use different gamma settings (gamma is kind of like brightness but more complicated, if you're not familiar), and the difference is what makes the levels look washed out. My suggestion is to look for some kind of gamma settings in Wine (probably included under display options). My dad uses Wine on his computer but it's been a really long time since I used it myself, I can't remember if there is any such option. But my suggestion would be to start there! :)

Joey79100
20-07-14, 15:44
Is there a program that can add many textures to a Wad in one click? I have 72 textures and it's bit slow with WadMerger. :p

EDIT: Forget about this, I didn't know TextureAdd (http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/28/), or actually its purpose, until now. :D

Nynke
20-07-14, 16:05
Thanks you all for trying to help me out! :)

@Nynke: Maybe Wineskin misses some DirectX commands or something like that...?
Have you tried Software mode instead of Hardware Acceleration?

I indeed tried the Software mode last time, but it didn't matter. I now googled around to find infer about DirectX in combination with Wine, because my knowledge of that is around zero! I remembered noticing in other wrappers that DirectX was installed there to support the game. So I thought I would just install DirectX to this wrapper, but unfortunately I found out that it doesn't work like that. ;)

I tried to run DirectX9 in the Winetricks Utilities of the wrappers advanced settings, which I thought wouldn't be a bad try. However, when I now try to run the game it will give an error: "Failed to setup DirectX", so I am afraid I just screwed it up, oops! :D
Maybe worth mentioning (no idea if it relates to the DirectX): I am currently running a wine engine called "WS9 Wine 1.5.10 NoXInput2", since I noticed that with all engines that don't say "NoXInput" the game won't start.

@Nynke: This looks to me like a gamma issue to me. Macs and PCs use different gamma settings (gamma is kind of like brightness but more complicated, if you're not familiar), and the difference is what makes the levels look washed out. My suggestion is to look for some kind of gamma settings in Wine (probably included under display options). My dad uses Wine on his computer but it's been a really long time since I used it myself, I can't remember if there is any such option. But my suggestion would be to start there! :)

I have been looking into the gamma as well and did some google research. :) I noticed that the gamma is a common problem when running windows games through wine, therefore the wineskin includes the option to automatically correct it. However this option only allows you to make the screen (even) brighter, so I assume that normal gamma issues will make windows games appear to dark on macs.
I am not sure if and how I will be able to change the gamma in an other way, any suggestions? :o

snork
20-07-14, 17:33
On my windows notebook, the brightness up/down function (Fn-keys) is connected with gamma up/down.
(By default at lowest brightness gamma is ~1,7, at highest brightness gamma is ~2.3)
Maybe there is sth. same-ish with MacBooks ?

Also in Windows I can set a modifier to the overall gamma base to use within the graphics driver.
So for the integrated intel graphics, for me there is a "intel Graphics and Media Control Panel" tool to do this ("extended mode" -> Display-> "colour optimisation" there is a slider for gamma.)
Maybe there is similar thing in MacBooks/ OS ?

Nynke
20-07-14, 19:46
On my windows notebook, the brightness up/down function (Fn-keys) is connected with gamma up/down.
(By default at lowest brightness gamma is ~1,7, at highest brightness gamma is ~2.3)
Maybe there is sth. same-ish with MacBooks ?

Also in Windows I can set a modifier to the overall gamma base to use within the graphics driver.
So for the integrated intel graphics, for me there is a "intel Graphics and Media Control Panel" tool to do this ("extended mode" -> Display-> "colour optimisation" there is a slider for gamma.)
Maybe there is similar thing in MacBooks/ OS ?

Thanks Snork, I will take a look into it, I am sure there must be an option in the mac software as well! However, I am doubting if this is really the problem. Gamma only changes the brightness of the entire screen, right? In this case I don't think this will make a huge difference in my gameplay, since the problem seems to be more the lack of differences in light and dark spots (contrast?); it looks like the graphics are not properly finished (does that make sense?).

I am still going to look into the gamma settings though, hopefully it will make the game look a bit better already! But if anybody else has some ideas, they are welcome :) If only I knew where the problem is coming from it would be easier to look for a solution.

snork
20-07-14, 20:41
I still think it could stem mainly from gamma-setting, thanks to Kapu.
I tried sometime with how much raising gamma would help this notebook to compete against the sunlight on my balcony. :p
(It helps with reading things, but pictures, videos, games then look horrible)

this is how it should look like in Varaldun :
http://i.imgur.com/N8ohtDN.jpg

now raising gamma more and more.

this is like my "sunny balcony setting" :
http://i.imgur.com/RZoEfqo.jpg

rasising some more -it is starting to get really ugly and 2-dimensional now. Cool comic-style look on Lara, though :p :
http://i.imgur.com/BlPNsSO.jpg

even more :
http://i.imgur.com/YTAmUM6.jpg

and still more :p :
http://i.imgur.com/wklunpU.jpg

Anyway, good luck with it.

anniversarytr11
20-07-14, 21:43
Is there a version of TRLE that works on Windows 8? When installing for windows 7/vista versions the setup crashes every time :mad:

Dino14
20-07-14, 22:16
^ Try this (http://www.skribblerz.com/editortools.htm) one and remember run compatibility mode.

CourierNumber6
21-07-14, 03:50
Got a slight problem with an object:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/Problem_zpscff33721.png

It's hard to see, but when the clock animates, the textures I've circled change from their original wood look to that, and they start to animate. Anyone know how to fix this? I wouldn't want to mess with the textures or anything myself unless I know what I'm doing, so some advice would be great!.:D

Nynke
21-07-14, 11:46
I still think it could stem mainly from gamma-setting, thanks to Kapu.
I tried sometime with how much raising gamma would help this notebook to compete against the sunlight on my balcony. :p
(It helps with reading things, but pictures, videos, games then look horrible)

this is how it should look like in Varaldun :
-

now raising gamma more and more.

this is like my "sunny balcony setting" :
-

rasising some more -it is starting to get really ugly and 2-dimensional now. Cool comic-style look on Lara, though :p :
-

even more :
-

and still more :p :
-

Anyway, good luck with it.

After your screenshots I thought you might be right! But I just turned down the gamma on my macbook and it doesn't bother much unfortunately :(
I am not able to capture the difference in gamma through screenshots, but to point out the differences I have made a shot of my screen (with gamma it will be slightly darker) vs. a shot from a youtube channel. Especially in this case, with the blue light effect, it shows how different the game looks in my case :D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/539/4cf852.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/539/4cf852.png/)
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/661/b3fa0f.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/661/b3fa0f.png/)

Titak
21-07-14, 13:30
^
Oh... that's really odd. It is not just like the gamma is way up but it also affects the semi-tranparant textures on the fog object and the wind object there... making the textures look white. :confused:

It's hard to see, but when the clock animates, the textures I've circled change from their original wood look to that, and they start to animate. Anyone know how to fix this? I wouldn't want to mess with the textures or anything myself unless I know what I'm doing, so some advice would be great!.:DMake sure that any waterfall textures in your wad are the largest ones in the wad, height-wise.
I always make my waterfall textures 256 high for this reason. All my other wad textures are shorter than that.

Another thing that can help is to put the PLANET_EFFECT object in your wad.

Nynke
21-07-14, 14:55
^
Oh... that's really odd. It is not just like the gamma is way up but it also affects the semi-tranparant textures on the fog object and the wind object there... making the textures look white. :confused:

Yes it seems way more complicated unfortunately! Especially in this part of the game, and the ones that you really suppose to explore through the dark it can really ruin the gameplay, especially when I see how awesome your game can look :)

SrDanielPonces
21-07-14, 16:41
I'm having a small problem here :v

The FMVs on my computer are upside down and they are not in fullscreen.. But in Xopax's computer it looks fine.

There is the script we are using: FMV= 2,1 (If I'm correct, 2 is the FMV number in the FMV folder, and 1 is the number that identifies this FMV)

http://i.imgur.com/OGc63OD.png

CourierNumber6
21-07-14, 20:55
Make sure that any waterfall textures in your wad are the largest ones in the wad, height-wise.
I always make my waterfall textures 256 high for this reason. All my other wad textures are shorter than that.

Another thing that can help is to put the PLANET_EFFECT object in your wad.

Thanks! Fixed the problem.:D

SrDanielPonces
24-07-14, 13:30
I'm having a small problem here :v

The FMVs on my computer are upside down and they are not in fullscreen.. But in Xopax's computer it looks fine.

There is the script we are using: FMV= 2,1 (If I'm correct, 2 is the FMV number in the FMV folder, and 1 is the number that identifies this FMV)

http://i.imgur.com/OGc63OD.png

Anyone? :)

Titak
24-07-14, 14:34
^
I don't know the answer to this, but it should be posted in the TRNG section. :)

SrDanielPonces
24-07-14, 15:16
Sorry, then. :) I will post in that section.

THOR2010
24-07-14, 23:08
So im trying to add more textures to my level via meta2tr, so i put my new textures in the meta2tr folder with the other textures and named them "Tile30 - Tile46" then dragged them onto the meta2tr.exe and then loaded the resulting materials.mqm into the moveall.mqo. when i try to then add the moveall.mqo back into the level meta2tr tells me...
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/Capture_zpsc67e1d67.png
I know iv'e done it before i just can't remember, its been a while since i used meta2tr. What else do i need to do?

Underhoe
24-07-14, 23:24
Hello people, I have a rather annoying problem with roomedit. I'm currently on a different computer, not the usual I use. This laptop's screen is rather small (or so it seems) and the editor's lower panels doesn't fit in the screen (lighting, colour palette). There's no scroll option either so that part is completely blocked out of my reach. Is there any way to fix this? The screen resolution is 1280 x 800, so I wouldn't say it's that small, but still not enough for the whole editor to fit on the screen.

aidanmalone
24-07-14, 23:27
Hello people, I have a rather annoying problem with roomedit. I'm currently on a different computer, not the usual I use. This laptop's screen is rather small (or so it seems) and the editor's lower panels doesn't fit in the screen (lighting, colour palette). There's no scroll option either so that part is completely blocked out of my reach. Is there any way to fix this? The screen resolution is 1280 x 800, so I wouldn't say it's that small, but still not enough for the whole editor to fit on the screen.

Press ALT and ENTER together and it should shift it into fullscreen mode :)

Underhoe
24-07-14, 23:28
Press ALT and ENTER together and it should shift it into fullscreen mode :)

Cheers, you saved my life! Thank you!

matrix54
27-07-14, 01:48
I was looking at a custom level screenshot, and I got to thinking - the animation for lazy using a puzzle would make a decent pickup animation (for large things) if reserved.

larafan25
27-07-14, 02:14
You meaing when Lara placing a puzzle item into a puzzle hole? If reversed would look as though she were pulling an item off of a shelf?

hmmm true.

Krystian
27-07-14, 07:18
@matrix54:
Lara even has a nice glance at the object, too! :D

Mordyga
28-07-14, 19:22
Hmm, where can I find a Cupboard big doors as a sarcophagus? I tried TRsearch but couldn't find it.

aidanmalone
28-07-14, 19:26
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/4153
This is in the SARCOPHAGUS slot :wve:

Mordyga
28-07-14, 22:51
Looks like TRsearch.org searching isn't working well. Anyway thank you :D

ggctuk
30-07-14, 15:53
Can somebody help me out a bit with textures? You see, I need to change some of my Egypt rock textures and I'm just not getting the results I want when I try to do it.

tomb2player
31-07-14, 15:43
I try to rip The Cistern WAD from TR1 CD using TR2WAD, and it says "TR2WAD only supports static meshes. Moveable objects are currently disabled". From TR2 and TR3 i can do this, but with TR1 not...

EDIT: I downloaded newest version of TR2WAD and it is working now... old version supported only TR2-5. I should have try this before writing this post :D

Boobandie
01-08-14, 12:32
I need some help setting up a puzzle.

I have a room with a four square long bridge, and when you walk onto it, it splits in two and drops because it can't support any weight. If lara's feet land on any part of the bridge BOTH sides drop. There is a switch that raises the bridge back up, but it will fall again and again. What the player has to do is raise the bridge, drag a statue underneath it to support it, then run across. How would I go about making the bridges drop when Lara stands on them, stop dropping when the statue is beneath, disabling the ability to use the switch when the statue is in the 4x1 area that intersects with the bridge, and making 1x2 floor trapdoors work (I don't recall any aside from Khamoon in TR1)

moodydog
03-08-14, 00:42
guys, how do you use stairs in your level?

I thought you use a ramp, and then line your stairs across the ramp, but it doesn't appear to work? :o

edit - sorted it, you use a double ramp (twice as steep) :)

moodydog
04-08-14, 14:18
Hey sorry to double post, but having some block problems.

I am using two push blocks, stacked on top of each other. I set the ocb of the lower one to 68, and the higher one to 72. The animation is quite broken, but Lara is still able to push the lower of the two, regardless that there is a block on top of it. How do you stop this from happening?

Also, I am using the NGLE, when I update it, Tomb4.exe appears broken (well the main menu text is gibberish), and crashes back to the desktop when selecting a level, so I've re-installed it, and not updated.