PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

SrDanielPonces
04-08-14, 23:35
I'm having an issue here: I want to put the metal sound to an texture, and when i put "test", it says: "ERROR: cann't locate wav file; sound\samples\fs_med1.wav
But it is on the sound folder.. and I even checked on Wadmerger and it is activated.

Also, in-game it runs the wood sound instead of the metal one.

moodydog
04-08-14, 23:45
I'm having an issue here: I want to put the metal sound to an texture, and when i put "test", it says: "ERROR: cann't locate wav file; sound\samples\fs_med1.wav
But it is on the sound folder.. and I even checked on Wadmerger and it is activated.

Also, in-game it runs the wood texture instead of the metal one.

did the same for me, don't press "test"... press the "assign sound" to the left. It works :)

SrDanielPonces
05-08-14, 00:56
did the same for me, don't press "test"... press the "assign sound" to the left. It works :)

This.

Also, in-game it runs the wood sound instead of the metal one.

Mordyga
06-08-14, 10:58
How long can be the .wav sample in sounds folder? For example I want Lara to say something more than No and I want to know how long it can be.

raiderromero
06-08-14, 16:34
does anybody know where to get this ivy?

http://i.imgur.com/jkssS5L.jpg

Gabriel croft get his items from internet mostly, so it guess i most be somewhere, cant find it in TRsearch though

THOR2010
06-08-14, 16:53
teme9's anonymous whisper pack i think

raiderromero
06-08-14, 17:01
thanks so much, i can continue building my garden área....

it had to be from teme9 right? he doenst stop from amaze me

teme9
06-08-14, 18:09
thanks so much, i can continue building my garden área....

it had to be from teme9 right? he doenst stop from amaze me

Another fine example that I should really do better descriptions for my item packages... Ah... maybe in the future :D

THOR2010
06-08-14, 18:15
so, i edited my lara object, then recomiled my level, and now lara is invisible in game. if i go back to the old lara object shes visible? and all i did was remove a few sounds? and add 2 animations?

Joey79100
06-08-14, 19:34
You can get back your Lara.
If I'm right, this is the common bug where Lara becomes invisible without any apparent reason. All you have to do is to make some modifications (that's what you've made obviously, it can be any, just like continuing your project) and recompile your level. She should be visible again.

THOR2010
06-08-14, 19:44
TY, alls good now:)

Newraider75
07-08-14, 20:41
NOOB QUESTION!

I forgot what button to press to make the room editor appear over my task bar so I can access the bottom buttons.

aidanmalone
07-08-14, 20:45
NOOB QUESTION!

I forgot what button to press to make the room editor appear over my task bar so I can access the bottom buttons.

ALT and Enter :)

Newraider75
07-08-14, 20:46
Ah yes. Thanks :o

larafan25
08-08-14, 02:36
I wonder if there is a 1:1 TR2 Lara anywhere...

cuz...

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg295/randomperson_2008/randomperson_2008031/wow_zpsf094a452.png (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/randomperson_2008/media/randomperson_2008031/wow_zpsf094a452.png.html)

I was using THORE's really nice TR2 Bomber Jacket remake, but now I've decided I should go for the original classic look.

Imma search around.

matrix54
08-08-14, 12:50
Today, I learn that TREP can give crossbow bolts a flame tail.

:eek:

A_De
08-08-14, 13:17
^ Not only TREP, TRNG can do that either :D

matrix54
08-08-14, 13:24
^ Not only TREP, TRNG can do that either :D

When did this happen? D8

Krystian
08-08-14, 13:47
^ 3 years ago, at least :p

Also, bread now comes sliced and you no longer have to put hot coals in clothes irons. :wve:

Titak
08-08-14, 13:56
^ Not only TREP, TRNG can do that either :DI tried it once but it did not work... :ponder:
Something must have gone wrong then I guess.

klona
08-08-14, 15:39
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg295/randomperson_2008/randomperson_2008031/wow_zpsf094a452.png (http://s251.photobucket.com/user/randomperson_2008/media/randomperson_2008031/wow_zpsf094a452.png.html)

I'm seeing things... like Lara's third leg.

Newraider75
08-08-14, 15:50
Is their any way to remove a texture?

Titak
08-08-14, 15:56
Remove a texture from what/where?
Roomgeometry, TGA, objects?

Newraider75
08-08-14, 16:37
^ Roomgeometry. But it is fine now. When I merge two TGA's together in Tbuilder, and name the TGA file, how come it only shows up in Tbuilder?

Titak
08-08-14, 17:20
Sorry, can't help with TBuilder.
I never use that program.

But if you rename the TGA you'll have to manually open it in the editor the first time you open yoru project again.

Newraider75
08-08-14, 17:25
By manually open it do you mean find it using the Load TGA button?

THOR2010
09-08-14, 23:59
is there any way to prevent enemies from firing their weapons through static objects that have collision?

Tombraider95
10-08-14, 12:03
Laralevelbase download's aren't working :(

Titak
10-08-14, 14:10
By manually open it do you mean find it using the Load TGA button?Yes.
Once you have saved the prj again and outputted the .tom file, then the next time you open the project the editor program will know to use the new tga.

is there any way to prevent enemies from firing their weapons through static objects that have collision?
I'm wondering about that too. :ponder:
Kinda annoying how Lara can't shoot through such objects, but the enemies can. So Lara can't take cover behind any objects. :(

larafan25
10-08-14, 18:56
Is it possible for a 2-click-tall ledge to be climbable?

http://s24.postimg.org/4lxgp23p1/yoyoye.png

I mean, Lara doesn't grab the edge because she can't reach it, however she does reach just below. So I applied a climbable surface, however she still doesn't seem to grab. So I guess it's a no. But maybe I was doing something wrong. I do know how to apply climbable surfaces though.

Mordyga
10-08-14, 19:07
Hmmm, can we see the block map that is on the left to see how did you use the Climb? It should be used next to the block you want Lara to climb, and the Green line will show which side of the block will be climbable.

THOR2010
11-08-14, 17:20
I'm wondering about that too. :ponder:
Kinda annoying how Lara can't shoot through such objects, but the enemies can. So Lara can't take cover behind any objects. :(

what about the new collision system in trng, giving static objects stand able collision? i havent touched it myself but would enemies still be able to shoot through objects with such collision?

DVDSpike
11-08-14, 18:10
I'm kinda new to the TRLE community :o

I just need to know how to add skylines and horizons, as I don't have a PDF reader to see what the tutorial says, and I've also searched the internet, I can't find anything :o

Heckler
11-08-14, 18:12
Okay, so I did some experimenting with Strpix and accidentally stumbled upon that tress-fx looking hair bug recently discovered by Teme9 and Alexis. :)

I would've loved to do a tutorial on this but wouldn't want to spoil the excitement paired with his amazing level he's busy with...:)

The hair looks and acts so good in game. It's got more weight. Going to add more strands and see if I can make it less buggy as I think it would act out a little bit.

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc414/Jonathan_Allan/tress1.jpg

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc414/Jonathan_Allan/tress2.jpg

teme9
11-08-14, 18:28
And the magic behind the hair starts to unveil :) It's actually quite genious how you can abuse that bug :D The bug doesn't work for every part though... And once you make it go too far it will get totally messed up :vlol: *cough--- armpithairlara---cough* :pi:

**edit
I would suggest to hold the tutorial for now. There are a lot more to it just than that :D

matrix54
11-08-14, 18:33
Y ya bein so sekretiv n stuf ?

teme9
11-08-14, 18:36
Yes. But hard to do nowdays with NSA and all :/

I will gladly give out any information with the hair effect once I get it released (someday). Of course I can't deny for anyone to publish their findings on the matter :D I also hope that once it is stable and out for public it will be developed even further by the community.

Heckler
11-08-14, 18:45
And the magic behind the hair starts to unveil :) It's actually quite genious how you can abuse that bug :D The bug doesn't work for every part though... And once you make it go too far it will get totally messed up :vlol: *cough--- armpithairlara---cough* :pi:

**edit
I would suggest to hold the tutorial for now. There are a lot more to it just than that :D

:vlol: Saw now what you meant with the armpit hair...

Titak
11-08-14, 19:51
Yes. But hard to do nowdays with NSA and all :/Okay... that made me laugh! :vlol:

DVDSpike
11-08-14, 20:02
This is a silly question, but how many clicks high can Lara climb?

THOR2010
11-08-14, 20:19
do mean how far up can she jump and grab a ledge?

Titak
11-08-14, 22:14
@ DVDSpike:
If it is what THOR2010 is talking about, then it is 7 clicks.

One of the final rooms in the tutorial project teaches you some of this: jumping up straight distance, required height for a crawlspace, jumping distance for both the standing jump and the running jump.
Stuff like that.
You could have a look at that. :)

sackboy123
12-08-14, 18:42
Guys I'm looking for a beta testing Manuel which will tell me everything about Beta testing I'm planning to become one so any help or Important notes that I need to learn will be helpful

Newraider75
13-08-14, 14:32
@DVDSpike: Do you have your TRLE window over your taskbar?
Nvm, I was wrong about clicks.

Mordyga
13-08-14, 18:42
Where can I find the underwater fan sound from TR2? I mean the large one :D

THOR2010
13-08-14, 18:50
i know there was a release of all the samples from Tr 1-5 but i cant remember or find where i downloaded them from! Anyway here i believe this is it...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vz0gfy4o9iup81d/TR2_Sound_215-0.wav

raiderromero
16-08-14, 01:15
I have this animating which i want to rotate,animate etc, but when i try to edit my animations, the center of the direction is not really the mesh but some point outside, how do i move it? (yes i tried moving it, but is not the way) :o

http://s28.postimg.org/d7knfntrx/Sin_t_tulo.jpg

Edit: i googled something related to pivot point, but i want this to have effect in wadmerger and ingame, so im not sure if thats the correct way:ponder:

Krystian
16-08-14, 08:41
I wouldn't suggest editing the pivot point in 3ds Max, it would be best changing it in Metasequoia (by importing the mesh, moving it around until it's in the right position, importing back to the wad, rebuilding the level and exporting back to 3ds Max.
It could also be done in Wadmerger, but it crashes really often.

raiderromero
16-08-14, 10:50
yes, seems like the only way, i just wanted to know if there was a faster method,i wish there was a "export/import .mqo" in Trviewer , because another problem i face is that, once i find the exactly point to edit as i want in 3dsmax,the Animating is the middle of one sector and other in NGLE :( , and ingame too.

http://s16.postimg.org/gz5wa5eh1/Sin_t_tulo.jpg

if i try to move the mesh in metasequoi, nothing happens:confused:
seems like any change after converting the original dummy wad to tr4,editing the animation in 3dsmax,saving the tr4 file, and then copying to my current level wad wont have any effect ( i even added a different mesh to the current mesh and in strpix you can see the new meshes but in NGLE and in-game the arrows will be there:yik:

Edit:somehow i managed to move the mesh to the center of the sector but the animation(when played) will have the "pivot" or axis in the middle o 2 sectors :(, (the animation i made is a simple rotating and moving a Little up and down) so in game the arrows will be rotating but around the axis which is in between 2 sectors and not in the middle of the sector)

THOR2010
17-08-14, 18:50
for some reason wadmerger crashes whenever i try to add the lara pickup sound effect to the lara object?

Underhoe
19-08-14, 23:17
I'd require some fast help for my internet won't last long and I'd like to have it solved before it going off.
My question is : how can you add extra slots in an original TR4 wad? (coastal for example) I'd need a few more objects as all the other slots are getting close to full.

KurtisandLara
19-08-14, 23:29
Unless you have TRNG you can't add anymore statics.

Underhoe
19-08-14, 23:33
Of course I do, I would never use anything else. :p

KurtisandLara
19-08-14, 23:40
Of course I do, I would never use anything else. :p

Of course :p. But i assumed you only had the original LE as you posted it in this thread :o.
--
Anywho, to add more static slots (Extra0-Extra99) simply open up the 2 wads in wadmerger like you normally do (your LE wad on the left and the wad containing the new static(s) on the right, then select the static on the left you wish to add to your wad and hold shift and click COPY a menu comes up asking you to choose the object slot, (for example ill use plant0 adding to Extra0) I selected plant0 on the right and held shift and clicked COPY and now in the menu i would select Extra0, the object goes into Plant0 however, so select the copy of plant0 in your wad and click RENAME and select Extra0 in the popup! All done :).

Underhoe
19-08-14, 23:41
Ah, right! I knew I had it somewhere in my mind, hidden very deep. You just saved me lots of frustration, thanks a lot! :D

KurtisandLara
20-08-14, 00:20
Ah, right! I knew I had it somewhere in my mind, hidden very deep. You just saved me lots of frustation, thanks a lot! :D
Glad i could be of assistance! Not like im doing anything important, been on hold on the phone for 2 hours -.-

Underhoe
20-08-14, 13:39
I seem to have another issue. (how surprising, huh) I've been trying to use editwad, and when - after editing slightly - I load an .MQO file, it gives me this message: Parser cannot parse vertices stored as binary data. Save as MQO but not mqo version 2.2.
I'm not quite sure what it means? Am I using a version of meta that is not compatible with editwad?

EDIT - forum effect, it's indeed what the problem was.

DJ Full
20-08-14, 17:31
I wonder if anybody here takes real surface photos for texture editing. If yes, then how do You, in case of capturing a square tile, fix shape aberrations (like edge bendings or comma effect)?

larafan25
20-08-14, 18:13
Soo... are the flames (from the flame emitter object) part of the default sprites? Because I don't see a texture in there which looks like the flames.

TR-Freak
20-08-14, 18:16
^they're the first 3 sprites, but they're also used for smoke and (together with the fourth) for cold breath.

larafan25
20-08-14, 18:21
^they're the first 3 sprites, but they're also used for smoke and (together with the fourth) for cold breath.

So basically...

Lara's going to look like a fire-breathing dragon if I turn the cold feature on after this?

Cool.

o_o

IDK what I'm doing anyways. Each sprite is made up of multiple different images, isn't it? Because I have each frame from the TR2 sprites...

edit: *High-pitched squeak* These sprites. THESE FLAMES

are off the chain.

edit: Yep, I've got a fire-breathing Lara. That's fine though. I won't use the cold feature, I don't think.

Underhoe
20-08-14, 23:19
Another dumb question : is there any way to exceed the 100 room limit within the editor? I'm scared of reaching the limit and not to be able to complete my level.

DJ Full
20-08-14, 23:37
The limit is 256 (from 0 to 255). When You reach 100, just make new up/down/tunnel or copy one room to "unlock" a new part of the listing. But keep in mind any flipped room counts separately, so if You'd like to - in theory - flip the whole map, Your limit of unflipped rooms will be 128 :D

=================================

I eventually found some time to sit down and look around. This is when I noticed an emptied chocolate box I forgot to bin a month ago still lies on my windowsill. Since all my BtB problems are FINALLY gone and my mind is open to all sort of inspiration again, I grabbed that box and made You some new tutorial to check out :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=206895

Underhoe
21-08-14, 00:20
Perfect, thank you. :D That eases my worries, for now.

Nice tutorial by the way! You're one of the most creative users around here for sure.

snork
21-08-14, 00:43
i know there was a release of all the samples from Tr 1-5 but i cant remember or find where i downloaded them from! Anyway here i believe this is it...
This bugged me too. I knew I read about it not long ago but could not find it.
Google then found it in the TRF archives. It was in the levelbase advent calendar, day 20 2013.
TR1, TR2, TR3 and TRC sounds, adapted to trle - done by EssGee / LB advent calendar (http://advent.laraslevelbase.org/index2.php?id=G175558&iy=34221&lang=en)

But it made me wonder - when do topics get moved to the archive ?
The post(s) were from December 2013 or even later, so not that long ago.

larafan25
21-08-14, 01:37
I eventually found some time to sit down and look around. This is when I noticed an emptied chocolate box I forgot to bin a month ago still lies on my windowsill. Since all my BtB problems are FINALLY gone and my mind is open to all sort of inspiration again, I grabbed that box and made You some new tutorial to check out :)
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=206895

Dude, that's awesome D:

edit: this confused the heck out of me ... I forgot to put quote tags lmfao.

TR-Freak
21-08-14, 07:47
So basically...

Lara's going to look like a fire-breathing dragon if I turn the cold feature on after this?

Cool.

o_o

IDK what I'm doing anyways. Each sprite is made up of multiple different images, isn't it? Because I have each frame from the TR2 sprites...

edit: *High-pitched squeak* These sprites. THESE FLAMES

are off the chain.

edit: Yep, I've got a fire-breathing Lara. That's fine though. I won't use the cold feature, I don't think.

flames in TRLE and flames in TR1/2 have a different approach.
you shouldn't use fire sprites of TR1/2.

A_De
21-08-14, 11:41
I recently started to make a train level and immediately ran into issues.
Does anybody know can the train work properly if it is wider than 3 sectors? I tried to made it 5 sectors wide and it works, however the mountains are too close and that lower room under train has an ugly strips with messed textures. Actually those textures are not that necessary because it is rather airplane than train. And I also worrying about those baddies and not sure if they will work properly.
Edit: i've looked into train tutorial project from trsearch and read tutorials but it is still not enough.

I wonder if anybody here takes real surface photos for texture editing. If yes, then how do You, in case of capturing a square tile, fix shape aberrations (like edge bendings or comma effect)?
I do sometimes take a real photos for texture but haven't understood the other part of your post :o
If you mean how to make a square seamless texture tile then it is easy to do with cropping and using Offset filter in Photoshop. For example for 256x256 tile you set 128 px offset for both horizontal and vertical, after that the seams are visible and can be cleared manually.

Titak
21-08-14, 15:13
I wonder if anybody here takes real surface photos for texture editing. If yes, then how do You, in case of capturing a square tile, fix shape aberrations (like edge bendings or comma effect)?Well... I've taken lots of potential textures pictures but so far only plants have ended up being used as textures.
So all I have to do then is paint around the leaves with the magenta colour.
I don't have to worry about making things seamless.

DJ Full
21-08-14, 15:28
Does anybody know can the train work properly if it is wider than 3 sectors? I tried to made it 5 sectors wide and it works, however the mountains are too close and that lower room under train has an ugly strips with messed textures.I never made a train level, but I assume the mountain movement is hardcoded. You could either force a NG "Move" action, or - perhaps simplier and surely less interfering - move the object in Metasequoia, so it looks like it's further from the tracks while still having the origin in its proper place.

Actually those textures are not that necessary because it is rather airplane than train.So You don't need Train= command at all, because it makes the shake effect, and planes don't shake that much while they fly. You can just make scrolling textures and move the surrounding stuff with NG Action. "Move". trigger.

I also worrying about those baddies and not sure if they will work properly.You mean the baddy2 slot with hardcoded train-specific behaviour?

I do sometimes take a real photos for texture but haven't understood the other part of your postI meant it's hard to make a photograph representing a perfect rectangle. Lots of taken pitctures get irregular shapes and I'd like to know how to fix that into a perfect tile (I often use a camera like I presented in the last tutorial, but that method is still not perfect).

Bradley23170
21-08-14, 15:39
I have a problem in my level where Lara cannot touch any animating objects whether it be a door, an enemy or a pushblock, the game just crashes instantly as Lara comes into contact with it. Any ideas on what is wrong?

EDIT: fixed. One of the objects in my wad was causing the problem. I'm guessing it was because of the excessive detail on the object. When I removed it, a total of 6 texture tiles left with it!

A_De
21-08-14, 16:51
I never made a train level, but I assume the mountain movement is hardcoded. You could either force a NG "Move" action, or - perhaps simplier and surely less interfering - move the object in Metasequoia, so it looks like it's further from the tracks while still having the origin in its proper place.
Not a big problem, going to replace them with small clouds.
So You don't need Train= command at all, because it makes the shake effect, and planes don't shake that much while they fly. You can just make scrolling textures and move the surrounding stuff with NG Action. "Move". trigger.
The Train= command has also other good moments, and slight shaking is supposed to be. That's why I'd like to stick with this and learn it carefully.

You mean the baddy2 slot with hardcoded train-specific behaviour?
Yes, not sure where to place them. The tutorial says "3 sectors from train", but there's the default 3-sectors wide train. Guess I'll have to make my train also 3 sectors wide instead 5 :(
I meant it's hard to make a photograph representing a perfect rectangle. Lots of taken pitctures get irregular shapes and I'd like to know how to fix that into a perfect tile (I often use a camera like I presented in the last tutorial, but that method is still not perfect).
The best way then is to take a few photos and then combine a tile from their most undistorted region (the center i think). Also most of the modern cameras have customiseable parameters which you could look into :)
*lol, we're making offtopic here*

Underhoe
21-08-14, 22:14
Hey guys. I've tried adding objects in the extra slots in wadmerger by pressing shift+copy as suggested before, but all it does is to replace the first few plant slots. I am using TRNG so I don't really understand what's going on. Any suggestions?

Baratheon
21-08-14, 22:28
Make sure Smart Copy is disabled, "<< Copy" Plant 0 so it duplicates in the list like so:

Plant 0
Plant 0

You then use "<< Rename" on Plant 0 and change to Extra 0.

It's how I do it anyway. :ponder:

Underhoe
21-08-14, 23:42
Ah, didn't realise smart copy caused all this. :D Thanks a lot!:hug:

TR-Freak
22-08-14, 12:45
Do you guys use the Crack Mode properly?
Do you leave cracks or do you get rid of all cracks?
What do you guys do in a situation like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13341521/crack.jpg
The architecture is not natural,that means it's a building. Should I leave cracks like this? What would you do?

Bradley23170
22-08-14, 13:59
Do you guys use the Crack Mode properly?
Do you leave cracks or do you get rid of all cracks?
What do you guys do in a situation like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13341521/crack.jpg
The architecture is not natural,that means it's a building. Should I leave cracks like this? What would you do?

If it is underwater, I'd rather have a wonky texture than a crack but out of the water, I find cracks are hardly noticeable anyway.

I that exact situation however, you could subdivide the wall into up to 5 subdivisions

Titak
22-08-14, 14:24
I always get rid of cracks like that because it can cause hard lines in the lighting and it causes real (see-through) cracks when underwater or when looking up to the dry rooms from within a waterroom.

I either get rid of them in the editor or I get rid of them in Meta, using Meta2TR on the level.

So in this particular case I would segment the entire right wall just like the wall with the collumns is segmented.

Kapu
22-08-14, 17:35
i'd also suggest what Titak said, segment the walls the same way as you have the columns, like so:
http://i.imgur.com/qTf7rY2.gif

that way you have the least amount of segments and no cracks. :tmb:

Kevin
25-08-14, 18:29
How can I fix this bug, where it is not possible for a moment to use Action after using a switch or pick up an item? Is this related to the Animation? I have no idea... :(

TheTiger
25-08-14, 18:40
How can I fix this bug, where it is not possible for a moment to use Action after using a switch or pick up an item? Is this related to the Animation? I have no idea... :(

When opening the animation in wadmerger, click on the small 01011011 button. In the most left drop down box, select 'command 3' and add it. This is used in the polerope-animations so you can use the ctrl button, but i assume it works like this at other animations, also.

Kevin
25-08-14, 18:45
I will try that. Thank you very much.

Underhoe
28-08-14, 15:18
Hello guys. I am on the fence of never ever touching the editor unless this is a common problem and can be easily fixed. Out of complete nothing I've been experiencing strange problems in certain rooms, where the walls seem to be stretched down to eternity... Note that it is not because of badly placed doors, this phenomenon came out of absolute nowhere, and only in the very first rooms I've built. I've tried setting the grid back to normal but it stays as it is. Moreso, in-game I can't even move with Lara, if I press the look button the camera gets randomly placed and stuck in front of Lara.
Here are some pictures to show some visual evidence:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/xcxyc_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/fggfgf_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/cxycxycx_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I really hope it doesn't mean my project got corrupted, I had so much work in this that if I lose this I will lose my mood to ever create again...

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 15:27
Hello guys. I am on the fence of never ever touching the editor unless this is a common problem and can be easily fixed. Out of complete nothing I've been experiencing strange problems in certain rooms, where the walls seem to be stretched down to eternity... Note that it is not because of badly placed doors, this phenomenon came out of absolute nowhere, and only in the very first rooms I've built. I've tried setting the grid back to normal but it stays as it is. Moreso, in-game I can't even move with Lara, if I press the look button the camera gets randomly placed and stuck in front of Lara.
Here are some pictures to show some visual evidence:
http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/xcxyc_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/fggfgf_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

http://kepfeltoltes.hu/140828/cxycxycx_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

I really hope it doesn't mean my project got corrupted, I had so much work in this that if I lose this I will lose my mood to ever create again...

Try running TRFix on your level file, if it's corrupted, it will most likely fix it, if that doesn't work, I don't know what to do :ponder:

Underhoe
28-08-14, 15:28
And where may I find TRFix?

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 15:30
^Here ('http://www.trsearch.org/Tools/14/')

Underhoe
28-08-14, 15:45
It stops working after I try to open the file, I don't know if it means win7 is not compatible with TRFix, either way it doesn't seem to work. I'm starting to get honestly worried. :(

Uzi master
28-08-14, 15:52
If all else fails you could just replicate the afflicted rooms, delete the originals, then put the replicas in place. A little bit of work yes, but you still have the originals as reference so it shouldn't be too bad.

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 15:56
This bug is really annoying me now :mad:
Whenever Lara does a back to front-flip, she does a heavy landing, and if the player has the guns out whist shooting an enemy, the guns bug out as well :hea:

Someone said to add command 3 to anim #213 but that didn't work, any idea on how to fix?

Kevin
28-08-14, 15:56
@ underhoe
I always get this problem when the room is either too high or low in the map.

The limit is floor -127, ceiling +127... anywhere near that?

Do you have a backup?

TR-Freak
28-08-14, 16:08
@Underhoe: As said, the limit for floor/Ceiling is ate -127 and +127.
If you're using NGLE, you can use the V2D Map to raise/lower all rooms .

Niveus
28-08-14, 16:20
I also sometimes get this issue when there's illegal no collision tiles. When you exit the room editor I recommend against using 'Play', because while you're in game some funky stuff can go on to your level map and the room editor in general.

EDIT: Exit & Play works fine thou, of course.

DJ Full
28-08-14, 16:24
Hello guys. I am on the fence of never ever touching the editor unless this is a common problem and can be easily fixed.Yes it is and yes it can. The cause might be like Kevin says, but also might be that You accidentally got more than 127 clicks between a solid floor and the nearest solid ceiling above it. It was possibly an accidental click or what, the project is surely not corrupted so no need to play with TRFix or stuff like that. Also, sometimes You can just tweak with roof and floor (R, F, E, D) keys on squares adjacent to the problematic sectors and the problem will be gone (can't recall the exact method).

Underhoe
28-08-14, 19:01
I already started digging a resting place for another of my project, but Kevin was right! I am so grateful and happy I can continue. Thank you for the others as well for mentioning the same or trying to help. :D

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 20:39
I don't think this is a TRLE problem but how can I convert something from a read only to an editable document?

I've tried to edit my ENGLISH.TXT but when it comes to saving it says this:

The file exists with read only attributes, please choose a differnt file name

Edit: I've managed to save the file, the scrip builds, but on level build the game won't start, have I done my scripting wrong? I can show a screenshot of scripting if necessary

THOR2010
28-08-14, 21:06
um..., right click on the file and click properties, towards the bottom you should see "read only" uncheck the checkbox next to it

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 21:12
um..., right click on the file and click properties, towards the bottom you should see "read only" uncheck the checkbox next to it

Read the edit :smk: :ton:

snork
28-08-14, 21:17
Check if script.dat and English.dat are read-only, too.

Iirc script.bat will look like it worked, but actually not (be able to) overwrite existing read-only / missing-permissions files.

IF you have the permissions, You can edit English_Script.bat and add a pause to the end.
Then it will not automatically close no matter what the outcome, but the console window will stay open for you to read the feedback / error reports.

This is what it looks like with pause added
script script.txt
del ..\*.dat
copy script.dat ..\
copy english.dat ..\
del strings.h

pause

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 21:21
Check if script.dat and English.dat are read-only, too.

Iirc script.bat will look like it worked, but actually not (be able to) overwrite existing read-only / missing-permissions files.

IF you have the permissions, You can edit English_Script.bat and add a pause to the end.
Then it will not automatically close no matter what the outcome, but the console window will stay open for you to read the feedback / error reports.

This is what it looks like with pause added

How can I edit the batch file?

snork
28-08-14, 21:26
You know, Windows-mouses usually have a right button, just always try that one on a file (in windows explorer) and see what it comes up with - in many, many cases the answer is there.

DVDSpike
28-08-14, 21:35
You know, Windows-mouses usually have a right button, just always try that one on a file (in windows explorer) and see what it comes up with - in many, many cases the answer is there.

O.k nothing is happening, I think the game isn't opening rather than it closing, any ideas?

aidanmalone
29-08-14, 09:04
Are there any decent enemies that are in the KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR slots? I would use the basic TR4 ones if necessary but I'm just wondering if there are any more? Wve:

DJ Full
29-08-14, 09:51
This year's BtB machete guy is surely of KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR slot. And QRS has used in his Egypt and Beyond an immortal train worker of this kind so You can ask him about that object.

aidanmalone
29-08-14, 10:12
Hmm I don't think the train workers would fit into the type of level I am using :) Were the ones in Croft manor the original TR4 ones? I think I may use those and buff them up with some nice effects :)
Thanks anyways :hug:

DJ Full
29-08-14, 10:17
I don't recall any TR4 knights in Croft Manor... unless You're saying You're building one :ponder: . In such case, why not to throw Winston into the slot and make him attack Lara with his tea plate? (And make him shatter a real knight armor for sake of irony :D .)

aidanmalone
29-08-14, 10:18
I don't recall any TR4 knights in Croft Manor... unless You're saying You're building one. In such case, why not to throw Winston into the slot and make him attack Lara with his tea plate? (And make him shatter a real knight armor for sake of irony :D )

Oh whoops I meant Ghosts Of Croft Manor :vlol:

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 12:20
I've now run into a new bug :hea:

Whenever Lara interacts with a pushable block, she just appears underneath it, lying down, then I have to use DOZY to get her out, what's the problem, it was working fine before?

Titak
30-08-14, 14:11
It could be that the pushable animations are missing in your LARA object.
Best to replace your LARA with the one from the updated wads (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/media.html).

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 14:28
It could be that the pushable animations are missing in your LARA object.
Best to replace your LARA with the one from the updated wads (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/media.html).

It's sending me to HostGator? :confused:

THOR2010
30-08-14, 14:31
wired, try this link, should take you right to the download
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/dl07/dl.pl?le_trle_updatedwads

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 14:32
wired, try this link, should take you right to the download
http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-bin/dl07/dl.pl?le_trle_updatedwads

Nope, send me to host gator saying the webmaster needs to contact them, maybe their monthly bandwith has ran out and they have to pay for a new one? :confused:

THOR2010
30-08-14, 14:35
works fine for me, must be something on ur end, got any strange extensions on ur browser?

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 14:37
Sends me to here:
http://dl1.tombraiderchronicles.com/cgi-sys/suspendedpage.cgi

THOR2010
30-08-14, 14:46
all i see is a blank page, strange

moodydog
30-08-14, 14:48
Is there a way to import AOD objects into the TRLE? :)

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 14:49
all i see is a blank page, strange

Send me your file on zippyshare or something like that :)

raiderromero
30-08-14, 15:07
there was this kind of bull in a tr4 level, it was inmortal, big,dark and you need him to break wooden doors for you, does anybody know where i can download it?

DJ Full
30-08-14, 15:12
I put some scrolling waterfall textures on a puzzle item so it looks like flowing with energy. It's fine in all editing programs but ingame it gets partially covered with odd animating tiles that mess up the effect. More weird, the affected textures keep scrolling even if I remove all waterfall tiles from the object. I recall some people had this problem before, but this was a long time ago and I can't find the solution. I already followed Titia's tutorial on adding more "waterfalls", but my wad is really small (1023 infos in total) so I don't think the reason is overfilling. Anyone remembers the fix? :)

@raiderromero,
The bull originates from the SPHINX slot in Guardian of Semerkhet wad. All TR4 wads are available from skribblerz.

Kevin
30-08-14, 15:25
To be on the save side, the waterfall texture should be the largest one in your wad. I always use a 128x256 texture and have the rest at least one pixel smaller.

You could also try to add the planet effect to your wad. That helps sometimes as well.

DJ Full
30-08-14, 15:47
This is a barely modified catacomb.wad and the waterfall texture is surely the largest (64x128 in this case). Adding the Planet Effect didn't help. I'll try to reduce the texturing of the problematic object to waterfall only and apply the non-scrolling parts in the next order, let's see...

EDIT: Nothing. On the contrary, when I apply nothing but the waterfall texture, most of tiles animate but several don't at all. Maybe the object can't have triangles, but rectangles only? [checks]

THOR2010
30-08-14, 16:08
Send me your file on zippyshare or something like that :)

will do shortly:)

there was this kind of bull in a tr4 level, it was inmortal, big,dark and you need him to break wooden doors for you, does anybody know where i can download it?

Its from the guardian of semerket level, download the library\guard wads from here, u'll find the bull in there

Is there a way to import AOD objects into the TRLE? :)

i believe AOD didn't have separated objects in the sense trle does, im sure if you extracted the level geometry from an aod level then separated out the different objects it could be done

This is a barely modified catacomb.wad and the waterfall texture is surely the largest (64x128 in this case). Adding the Planet Effect didn't help. I'll try to reduce the texturing of the problematic object to waterfall only and apply the non-scrolling parts in the next order, let's see...

EDIT: Nothing. On the contrary, when I apply nothing but the waterfall texture, most of tiles animate but several don't at all. Maybe the object can't have triangles, but rectangles only? [checks]

as far as i know all the original tr4 waterfall objects had square poly's and no triangles, so perhaps the triangles can't animate the scroll texture properly

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 16:59
I have a door that I want Lara to use a key on, but she can open it manually, how can I make it so only the key can open the door? :)

larafan25
30-08-14, 17:01
It might be a work-around to put the door in another slot, though I'm not sure that would work.

It's a push/pull (or kick) door right?

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 17:02
It might be a work-around to put the door in another slot, though I'm not sure that would work.

It's a push/pull (or kick) door right?

Yes :)

DJ Full
30-08-14, 17:03
tr4 waterfall objects had no triangles, perhaps triangles can't animate the scroll texture^ I removed every single scrolling triangle from the wad and still no success. Wait... maybe a mesh must be entirely textured with waterfalls... I'll split the object in two meshes then, one to be totally animating, another one - totally still.

larafan25
30-08-14, 17:05
Yes :)

Hmmm I'm not sure. I think if you put it into one of the door slots, Lara wouldn't be able to open it manually, however it might not work correctly.

Newraider75
30-08-14, 17:06
I have a door that I want Lara to use a key on, but she can open it manually, how can I make it so only the key can open the door? :)

Do you want her to put the key into the door?

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 17:09
Hmmm I'm not sure. I think if you put it into one of the door slots, Lara wouldn't be able to open it manually, however it might not work correctly.

And how do I do that? :)

Do you want her to put the key into the door?

No, use it on a keyhole :vlol:

Newraider75
30-08-14, 17:15
And how do I do that? :)

No, use it on a keyhole :vlol:

Thought as much :p
If you use WadMerger I think you could swap 'em.

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 17:24
Thought as much :p
If you use WadMerger I think you could swap 'em.

I've managed to make the door open using only the keyhole, but when Lara uses her guns the game crashes? :confused:

DJ Full
30-08-14, 17:36
I've managed to make the door open using only the keyhole, but when Lara uses her guns the game crashes? :confused:And what exactly did You do?

==========================================

Wait... maybe a mesh must be entirely textured with waterfalls... I'll split the object in two meshes then, one to be totally animating, another one - totally still.^ Confirming this has just solved the problem :D - just in case if sb needs this someday. Hot DAMN, it took me half a day to figure this out! :rolleyes:

http://imageupload.pl/photos/20140830140942017566467.jpg

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 17:44
And what exactly did You do?

I copied the door I was using (One that could be opened by pushing) into a door slot, the animations are intact, but when Lara shoots her pistols the game crashes :(

Newraider75
30-08-14, 18:00
I copied the door I was using (One that could be opened by pushing) into a door slot, the animations are intact, but when Lara shoots her pistols the game crashes :(

You did nothing else?

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 18:02
You did nothing else?

No

Newraider75
30-08-14, 18:04
No

Hmmm, I honestly have no idea. Have you tried pulling the pistols out before you changed it into a door slot? When it was a push/pull/kick door?

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 18:05
Hmmm, I honestly have no idea. Have you tried pulling the pistols out before you changed it into a door slot? When it was a push/pull/kick door?

Yes, no crashing :/

DJ Full
30-08-14, 18:14
Maybe copy it into animating slot instead? The object should lose its special door properties but maintain animations, so You only need to care the opening animation is Animation0 and then a simple trigger will do.

DVDSpike
30-08-14, 18:21
I don't know why I didn't say this before, but the door isn't in a portal as of now, It'll be in one later, but could that be why the door is crashing my game?

THOR2010
31-08-14, 15:47
im working on some Tibetan textures for a level and i need some opinions on this door, the original was from levelnextgen's angkor tga...
im not too sure about the colors, whether they fit with the surrounding brick or not?
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/1_zpsc494e91d.png

matrix54
31-08-14, 15:58
I think it looks perfectly fine. :)

KyleCroft
31-08-14, 15:59
im working on some Tibetan textures for a level and i need some opinions on this door, the original was from levelnextgen's angkor tga...
im not too sure about the colors, whether they fit with the surrounding brick or not?
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/1_zpsc494e91d.png

Looks great!

DVDSpike
31-08-14, 16:29
How can I fix this?

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/DVDSpike/tomb42014-08-1321-45-32-828_zps12a3493e.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/DVDSpike/media/tomb42014-08-1321-45-32-828_zps12a3493e.jpg.html)

The corners of this puddle are textures water, when they need to be ground.

THOR2010
31-08-14, 16:33
can you show a room editor screen?

btw heres the updated wads u couldn't download
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pm1u586degq8xxp/trle_updated_wads.exe?dl=0

TR-Freak
31-08-14, 16:38
How can I fix this?

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/DVDSpike/tomb42014-08-1321-45-32-828_zps12a3493e.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/DVDSpike/media/tomb42014-08-1321-45-32-828_zps12a3493e.jpg.html)

The corners of this puddle are textures water, when they need to be ground.

in the upper room, you have to make the corners like this:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13341521/Unbenannt.jpg

raiderromero
31-08-14, 16:41
In which tr4 level lara shoots with the sight a small "tiger mouth" it closes the mouth and opens the door?

Shakira Croft
31-08-14, 16:42
^ in The Mastabas ;)

DJ Full
31-08-14, 16:43
The Mastabas (joby3a or 4a).

Is there any way to remotely burn a FIREROPE? Or BURNING_FLOOR?

DVDSpike
31-08-14, 17:54
How can I make a wall completely invisible form whatever angle you look at it?

TR-Freak
31-08-14, 17:56
How can I make a wall completely invisible form whatever angle you look at it?

texture it with the first black color of the color palette.

DVDSpike
31-08-14, 18:12
Sorry for all the noobish questions :o

Is it possible to create a door here?

http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b535/DVDSpike/bandicam2014-08-3119-08-22-828_zps2a0aed7c.jpg (http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/DVDSpike/media/bandicam2014-08-3119-08-22-828_zps2a0aed7c.jpg.html)

DJ Full
31-08-14, 18:19
You need to split that room vertically and make the door from the lower room apart from the one existing in the upper one. Otherwise You can't.

TR-Freak
31-08-14, 18:24
Have you read the manual?
Most things like this are explained there:)

DVDSpike
31-08-14, 18:36
You need to split that room vertically and make the door from the lower room apart from the one existing in the upper one. Otherwise You can't.

Why's it saying I have doors when I deleted them? :confused:

DJ Full
31-08-14, 18:47
There might be an accidentally created door within one of those green wall sectors.

DVDSpike
01-09-14, 11:40
I have a doorframe from the city.was and it has collesion, but when Lara opens the door, the door frame loses its collesion, help? :)

DJ Full
01-09-14, 11:52
A closed door always blocks a whole square with its collision, no matter how large its mesh is. However when it opens, the collision is lost completely. There is a matching door frame in the same wad, and an invisible collision frame supplementing it (one of debris slots I think).

DVDSpike
01-09-14, 12:43
The doorframe still has no collesion :/

DJ Full
01-09-14, 13:15
Enter StrPix, locate the frame mesh and click "Automatic Bound". And maybe post a picture of how the whole setup looks like, we don't know anything about it.

Bradley23170
01-09-14, 23:04
The doorframe still has no collesion :/

In the wad with the door frame there should be two statics that either look black pink, or invisible. Place them on the same square as the frame.

SrDanielPonces
02-09-14, 00:19
I have some questions here. :)

1-
http://i.imgur.com/cXIeBGn.png

Why is this happening? It is in the waterfall3 slot, but waterfall1 and 2 are good.

2-When an SAS Shoots Lara, there is this "water" sound. How to desactivate?

3-There is a switch(button), which in there is a trigger for a camera, a timed door and also a CD Track (in this case, a flipeffect for CD, but I think it goes the same). When Lara presses the button, it works perfectly. But let's pretend that Lara misses the timed door and she needs to go back and press the button. So that's the problem. When she goes to the square where is the button, the camera and the CD plays (without pressing the button). But the door only opens when Lara pushes the button (The Camera shows too, but the CD doesn't). So, how can I fix it? If I try a third time it works well.

sapper
02-09-14, 02:28
I have some questions here. :)
2-When an SAS Shoots Lara, there is this "water" sound. How to desactivate?

You have an underwater door in the level with the SAS.

If you do not use the underwater door remove it.

If you want to keep underwater door in the level change its sound ID in the animation and sounds.txt as explained by MagPlus at the end of this thread at trle.net.

http://forum.trle.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28406

SrDanielPonces
02-09-14, 02:37
:/ I can't find any underwater door in my WAD..

Bradley23170
02-09-14, 02:47
:/ I can't find any underwater door in my WAD..

Then just untick the sound in wadmerger since it has no purpose

SrDanielPonces
02-09-14, 03:02
It says it cannot remove sound. It is used following object: LARA

Titak
02-09-14, 09:31
The waterfall textures need to be the tallest in the wad so they are also the first textures listed in the texturetiles in STRPix.

If it is linked to Lara's animation of opening the underwater door, perhaps it'll also work if you remove it from the animation.
It'll stay in the wad though so I kinda doubt it'll be enough.

You could also make the uw-door sample a silent one.
It's what I've often done in the past. :D

As far as I know the old CD trigger works only once for each track in one level.
Except for the secret sound and the looping background tracks.
If you are using TRNG, use the flipeffects for sound instead (that set of flipeffects als include triggers for playing audio)

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 13:57
Is there a way to have two shoulder gun hostlers showcased on Lara's back at the same time? So instead of it switching from Shotgun to Crossbow, both would be shown on her back and then one would be removed depending on which one you selected?

Niveus
02-09-14, 14:16
Is there a way to have two shoulder gun hostlers showcased on Lara's back at the same time? So instead of it switching from Shotgun to Crossbow, both would be shown on her back and then one would be removed depending on which one you selected?

Wouldn't have thought so. I think that would require editing the objects themselves and a couple of meshswaps depending on conditions, if you're using TRNG (guessing so?). It would actually be pretty simple.

Dustie
02-09-14, 14:25
EDIT: nevermind. I just learned how to get rid of that pesky underwater door sound bug! :D

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 14:30
Wouldn't have thought so. I think that would require editing the objects themselves and a couple of meshswaps depending on conditions, if you're using TRNG (guessing so?). It would actually be pretty simple.

Ah, if it's pretty simple with TRNG, would you mind explaining how for someone who hasn't done meshes or this kinda stuff before? :p

THOR2010
02-09-14, 14:57
id probably have the shotgun's back mesh textured invisible, then have a second lara skin in an animating slot that has the shotgun attatched to the torso mesh, and trigger a meshswap for when the shotgun is holstered, switching lara's skin to the one with the shotgun on the back... then just leave the crossbow alone as both would be visible

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 15:11
id probably have the shotgun's back mesh textured invisible, then have a second lara skin in an animating slot that has the shotgun attatched to the torso mesh, and trigger a meshswap for when the shotgun is holstered, switching lara's skin to the one with the shotgun on the back... then just leave the crossbow alone as both would be visible

Got up to this point. How do I do this exactly?

I've managed to setup this?

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 340
; Exporting: TRIGGER(16643:0) for FLIPEFFECT(340)
; <#> : Lara. (Mesh) Swap Mesh of <&>Extra Lara Slots with that of (E)Slot
; <&> : SLOT 3 SHOTGUN_ANIM
; (E) : SLOT 436 ANIMATING5_MIP
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 340, $4103

Animation 5_MIP being the slot with the correct shotgun positon.

Niveus
02-09-14, 15:16
Like Thor (:tmb:) quite rightly said, you could leave one of the guns out, as it'd be visible anyway. Let's say that's crossbow. With the shotgun, a MESHSWAP with the gun holstered would be suitable I think. Then using Global Triggers, on the condition that the shotgun is in the inventory and Lara has not drawn it, it would be visible on her back (ie, meshswap would be triggered). On the condition that Lara has drawn it, meshswap would be untriggered. One thing you'd have to do is also make sure that the original shotfun on her back will be invisible. But I'm not exactly sure what slot governs that, or even if it's possible to make it invisible without messing up something else. :ponder:

Obviously I haven't done this in practice, but in theory that's where I'd start, and tweak and add finishing touches once the groundwork is done.

Better go to TRNG open chat if you want detailed advice and help on scripting it.

THOR2010
02-09-14, 15:30
lol, i haven't actually done it either!! hmmm... the way i was thinking was havng 2 global triggers, the first with a condition that lara has drawn the shotgun, then the global trigger swaps the meshes so the shotgun is no longer visible, then the second one having a condition where the shotgun is holstered, then swaping the meshes agaon, but i dont know if theres an appropriate flip effect that can actaully check to see if a certain weapon is active or not?

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 15:38
lol, i haven't actually done it either!! hmmm... the way i was thinking was havng 2 global triggers, the first with a condition that lara has drawn the shotgun, then the global trigger swaps the meshes so the shotgun is no longer visible, then the second one having a condition where the shotgun is holstered, then swaping the meshes agaon, but i dont know if theres an appropriate flip effect that can actaully check to see if a certain weapon is active or not?

Oh I see! There is a "GT_LARA_HOLDS_ITEM", so that could be for when she equips the shotgun?

Niveus
02-09-14, 15:39
Yes, the required conditions exist. But personally I wouldn't use that GT flag because you'll want multiple conditions. Use GT_CONDITION_GROUP, and then reference a TriggerGroup with the necessary conditions in. Inventory <#> present inventory item and Lara (Holds) Lara is holding/driving the <#> item. You'll just have to negate that condition so that it means Lara is NOT holding the item.

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 16:08
This is trickier than I thought :ponder:

Think some of this is wrong :facepalm:

GlobalTrigger= 1, IGNORE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, IGNORE, 1,
TriggerGroup= 1, $8000, 353, $2 ;Inventory
TriggerGroup= 2, $8000, 4, $23 ;Holding
TriggerGroup= 3, $2000, 340, $3A03

How do I make it so it's setup so she isn't holding instead.

I just need to get it so they both appear on the back and each disappear when they are equipted. I don't think I need to check if it's in Inventory since can't I just trigger Global Tigger when she picks up shotgun?

Krystian
02-09-14, 16:25
GlobalTrigger= 1, IGNORE, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, IGNORE, 1, 2, IGNORE

TriggerGroup= 1, $8000, 353, $2, $8000 + TGROUP_NOT, 4, $23; inventory, NOT holding

TriggerGroup= 2, $2000, 340, $4103

All the conditions should go into the same triggergroup. You also had the condition triggergroup ID in the 'performed' field, which would mean nothing would be happening at all.
I added the proper flag for inverting the holding condition. Also, I noticed the meshswap trigger had the Meshswap3 slot, while earlier you mentioned putting the fake shotgun skin in the Animating5_MIP; I changed that accordingly. If you were indeed using Meshswap3 instead, change the exported trigger in the second triggergroup back to to $2000, 340, $3A03. :)

Beforehand, I'll suggest adding FGT_SINGLE_SHOT_RESUMED to the global trigger, in case you get an endless loop of meshswapping between the invisible and visible mesh.

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 16:30
All the conditions should go into the same triggergroup. You also had the condition triggergroup ID in the 'performed' field, which would mean nothing would be happening at all.
I added the proper flag for inverting the holding condition. Also, I noticed the meshswap trigger had the Meshswap3 slot, while earlier you mentioned putting the fake shotgun skin in the Animating5_MIP; I changed that accordingly. If you were indeed using Meshswap3 instead, change the exported trigger in the second triggergroup back to to $2000, 340, $3A03. :)

Yeah I changed it to Meshswap 3 since it was recommended.

I copied the section in but when I try to build it says "Wrong argument"? :(

Is there anything else I need to do, such as in the editor?

Niveus
02-09-14, 16:30
My setup would be as such.

Should probs use Single Shot flag.

GlobalTrigger 1 A GT with conditon flag. TG1 is condition group. TG2 is trigger.
GlobalTrigger 2 A GT with the condition flag Lara holds the item. (The one you mentioned). On true, trigger TG3.
TriggerGroup 1 Condition Group. Condition that Shotgun in inventory, followed by condition that Lara holds Shotgun + TGROUP_NOT.
TriggerGroup 2 Trigger the meshswap.
TriggerGroup 3 Untrigger the meshswap.

It could be simpler if on GT1, the OnFalse field reffered to the third triggergroup. Then you could get rid of the second GT. Not sure if it would work in this case though. No time to test, unfortunately. :p

EDIT: Ah, Krystian is here now. I'll let the more seasoned scripter handle it. :p

Krystian
02-09-14, 16:39
I copied the section in but when I try to build it says "Wrong argument"? :(

Hmm, strange, it builds perfectly fine over here... Could you tell the exact line it points to when you get this 'wrong argument' error?

Is there anything else I need to do, such as in the editor?
Nope, it should all be handled in the script (which isn't complete yet, you still need a second GT for when Lara IS holding the shotgun).

@Niveus: Indeed it would be made simpler, but it's quite possible that the single shot flag would be interfering. I don't have the time to test this either, though.

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 16:42
My setup would be as such.

Should probs use Single Shot flag.

GlobalTrigger 1 A GT with conditon flag. TG1 is condition group. TG2 is trigger.
GlobalTrigger 2 A GT with the condition flag Lara holds the item. (The one you mentioned). On true, trigger TG3.
TriggerGroup 1 Condition Group. Condition that Shotgun in inventory, followed by condition that Lara holds Shotgun + TGROUP_NOT.
TriggerGroup 2 Trigger the meshswap.
TriggerGroup 3 Untrigger the meshswap.

It could be simpler if on GT1, the OnFalse field reffered to the third triggergroup. Then you could get rid of the second GT. Not sure if it would work in this case though. No time to test, unfortunately. :p

EDIT: Ah, Krystian is here now. I'll let the more seasoned scripter handle it. :p

Still appreciate the help though :p This type of scripting defo isn't my strongest point.

Hmm, strange, it builds perfectly fine over here... Could you tell the exact line it points to when you get this 'wrong argument' error?

I deleted the end Ignore, and it build after that o_0 Otherwise it says wrong number of arguments for GlobalTrigger.

Nope, it should all be handled in the script (which isn't complete yet, you still need a second GT for when Lara IS holding the shotgun).

Ah right, so I'll copy it but change the second line?

Niveus
02-09-14, 17:01
What version of TRNG are you using? Newer versions of TRNG have a different argument set for the GlobalTriggers. I can't remember what version that is, where it changed. You must be using a pretty outdated version. :p

Krystian
02-09-14, 17:02
Yes, but all you need to do is remove the TGROUP_NOT in this duplicated script and it *should* work.

I deleted the end Ignore, and it build after that o_0 Otherwise it says wrong number of arguments for GlobalTrigger.
Ah, you must be using an older version of TRNG in that case. That last field is for triggergroups performed if the condition is false, but it was introduced in a more recent version of TRNG (can't tell which one, exactly). It's not important anyway, because it isn't needed for this. :)

Edit: Niveus was faster this time :p

Tombraider95
02-09-14, 17:12
Ah nevermind! I've opened a more recent version! Forgot I had the old one open! That line works now!

Just need to do the second global trigger?

SrDanielPonces
02-09-14, 22:58
The waterfall textures need to be the tallest in the wad so they are also the first textures listed in the texturetiles in STRPix.

2.If it is linked to Lara's animation of opening the underwater door, perhaps it'll also work if you remove it from the animation.
It'll stay in the wad though so I kinda doubt it'll be enough.

You could also make the uw-door sample a silent one.
It's what I've often done in the past. :D

As far as I know the old CD trigger works only once for each track in one level.
Except for the secret sound and the looping background tracks.
If you are using TRNG, use the flipeffects for sound instead (that set of flipeffects als include triggers for playing audio)

1. It works now! :tmb:

I removed the sound from the animation which Lara is opening the door, but it is still not working. But I replaced the sound for another one and it looks far better ;)

3. I'm using a flipeffect, but it is still not working. :/ The audio track and the camera activates when Lara steps the square, and the door opens only when she presses the button. I tested it again and it hapens too for the third time.

----

One more question: The boat sounds (from the TR2 boat) are not working, how to fix that?

DJ Full
03-09-14, 10:52
Switch + trigger for Camera + trigger for timed door + CD flipeffect. the camera and the CD plays (without pressing the button). But the door only opens when Lara pushes the buttonI would start from NOT using 3 different timers on the same stack. I would export the NG sound flipeffect into the script triggergroup and triggered that triggergroup instead of triggering the sound directly. Less interference.

As far as I know the old CD trigger works only once for each track in one level.Unless You press the OCB buttons:

http://imageupload.pl/photos/20140903140974162703759.jpg

In practice, You can always press Bit5 to allow a track up to 6 times, just in case - but keep in mind those bits must be adjusted on the first CD trigger of the same-number series that is supposed to be activated in the level.

Never worked with any NG-slot moveables though, so I don't know about the boat yet.

Meanwhile, a weird TRLE glitch captured:

PzWmciDGPKs

The pushable OCB is -1, and the slot is PUSHABLE_OBJECT1. The mesh has been scaled down to 0.5 X/Y/Z in Metasequoia.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 15:12
Just created an animation for a cutscene, but shows up jumpy ingame compared to it looking smooth in the animation editor.

KurtisandLara
03-09-14, 15:19
Just created an animation for a cutscene, but shows up jumpy ingame compared to it looking smooth in the animation editor.

Did you change the framerate by chance?

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 15:21
Did you change the framerate by chance?

Yeah, I thought I may be something to do with this. :ponder:

KurtisandLara
03-09-14, 15:25
Yeah, I thought I may be something to do with this. :ponder:

Yes changing the framerate causes this as far as i know. I always stay on FR 1 to avoid bugs.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 15:37
Yes changing the framerate causes this as far as i know. I always stay on FR 1 to avoid bugs.

Damn, now it's all too fast :(

KurtisandLara
03-09-14, 15:40
You could maybe add afew frames in between frames to even it out? Im sorry i dont know what to say :(.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 15:48
That's a shame since it looks perfect with the frame rate about 5/6. :(

Eugh why is it so difficult, other people make it look so easy :ponder:

Adding extra frames inbetween just creates pauses that looks weird o_0

SrDanielPonces
03-09-14, 16:07
I would start from NOT using 3 different timers on the same stack. I would export the NG sound flipeffect into the script triggergroup and triggered that triggergroup instead of triggering the sound directly. Less interference.

I exported the CD Flipeffect as a TriggerGroup #2, but it still doesn't work. :hea:

I removed the timer, and it works perfectly. All the triggers works only when she presses the button, but when the button has a time, it just doesn't work as expected :/

Uzi master
03-09-14, 16:08
That's a shame since it looks perfect with the frame rate about 5/6. :(

Eugh why is it so difficult, other people make it look so easy :ponder:

Adding extra frames inbetween just creates pauses that looks weird o_0
Sorry, but it looks like you're going to need to use the animation wizard to fill the gap between each frame.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 16:18
Instead of having to reposition everthing is there a way to select the frame in which I want to be the end frame for the animation wizard?

A_De
03-09-14, 18:23
@Tombraider95: have you tried Sapper's TRW Editor? It can fix such issues with jerky animations.
Btw, wadmerger's Invert animation feature is buggy, it often corrupts animations that serious that nothing helps. Not recommended in my experience.

Uzi master
03-09-14, 18:31
Instead of having to reposition everthing is there a way to select the frame in which I want to be the end frame for the animation wizard?

Copy the end frame before opening the wizard, then paste it when it asks for the end-frame.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 19:41
Copy the end frame before opening the wizard, then paste it when it asks for the end-frame.

Thanks!

@Tombraider95: have you tried Sapper's TRW Editor? It can fix such issues with jerky animations.
Btw, wadmerger's Invert animation feature is buggy, it often corrupts animations that serious that nothing helps. Not recommended in my experience.

It seems I have worked out a system now! I will see how it goes :)

SrDanielPonces
03-09-14, 19:54
Anyone? :|

DJ Full
03-09-14, 21:42
Daniel, if something doesn't work, export both the condition and the triggers and activate everything from the script via GlobalTrigger. This MUST work.

Niveus
03-09-14, 21:50
Just for future reference, I've never personally had a problem with Framrates of 1-3. But 4 is where lags and jerks always start cropping up for me. :)

SrDanielPonces
03-09-14, 22:20
Daniel, if something doesn't work, export both the condition and the triggers and activate everything from the script via GlobalTrigger. This MUST work.

Isn't there any other way? :/ I tried doing Global Triggers but I can't.. ¬¬ The tutorial doesn't work for me.

Tombraider95
03-09-14, 22:38
Just for future reference, I've never personally had a problem with Framrates of 1-3. But 4 is where lags and jerks always start cropping up for me. :)

ah okay! I'm sure once I've spent enough time on it I will get the hang of it! Pretty pleased with what I've got so far. :D

Thanks for the help! :pillow:

moodydog
05-09-14, 11:34
How do you get more than 99 rooms in a level. I've opened a particular level and shows that it can get up to 199 rooms maximum :)

AODfan
05-09-14, 12:35
^The other rooms are hidden until you used the 99th room

Niveus
05-09-14, 14:52
How do you get more than 99 rooms in a level. I've opened a particular level and shows that it can get up to 199 rooms maximum :)

Ctrl + Shift + Alt.

moodydog
05-09-14, 14:58
Ctrl + Shift + Alt.

aah you can get 255 :)

I feel like I have increased the scope of my current project dramatically :D

Is there any limitations on using rooms. I often hear people say they are sometimes forced to split their levels, is this due to going over the maximum room limit, or is there other limitations to take into consideration?

SrDanielPonces
05-09-14, 15:06
Normally when you reach 99 rooms there are going to be created more slots, but you can also do what Niveus said.

EDIT: I think It's because of the trigger, moveables, etc limitations.

THOR2010
05-09-14, 15:16
there was a thread around a long time ago that had the TR1 fmv footstep sounds for lara in it, iv'e tried searching the forums but i cant remember the name of it, does anyone happen to remember it, or have those sounds?

Niveus
05-09-14, 15:21
aah you can get 255 :)

I feel like I have increased the scope of my current project dramatically :D

Is there any limitations on using rooms. I often hear people say they are sometimes forced to split their levels, is this due to going over the maximum room limit, or is there other limitations to take into consideration?

Nope. It is difficult to reach 250 rooms if you use objects quite liberally or have detailed and complex geometry. You usually hit the box limit, object slot limit, texture tile limit, something or other. I had to split one of my levels at forty odd something rooms.

DVDSpike
05-09-14, 16:21
How can I shorten the length of a rope?

Tombraider95
05-09-14, 17:03
During an animation is there a way for Lara not to respond when getting hit by an enemy, as it makes her do the hit animation during :(

Joey79100
05-09-14, 19:15
^
CUST_DISABLE_PUSH_AWAY_ANIMATION

Use it in a Customize= command. :)

Krystian
05-09-14, 19:50
Alternatively, you can disable the push away animations just for one (or a few) specific animation, using this script:
Animation= (anim number), IGNORE, IGNORE, FAN_DISABLE_PUSH_AWAY, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, 333

Tombraider95
05-09-14, 20:47
Okay thanks I will try it :D

aidanmalone
06-09-14, 21:08
I'm going to ask the most stupid question here :pi:
Is it good practice to put a sunbulb in EVERY room of the project? Even when it's nighttime?

DVDSpike
06-09-14, 21:10
I'm going to ask the most stupid question here :pi:
Is it good practice to put a sunbulb in EVERY room of the project? Even when it's nighttime?

Yes, I learnt from Seth94 that a good intensity for night-time rooms is between 0.16 - 0.20 :)

Titak
06-09-14, 21:47
Could those who use TRNG, please post their questions in the TRNG section please.
I've been noticing quite a lot of TRNG stuff in here. :p

Krystian
06-09-14, 21:56
^ While that's true, sometimes you can't tell whether a solution to a problem is achievable through the TRLE alone, or if TRNG will be needed for that. A question is asked, so a response is given, regardless if this is the right section for it or not... ;)

Titak
07-09-14, 09:09
True, but it is still better to ask in the TRNG section when TRNG is used so people know right away whether or not they can give TRNG solutions.
So the TRNG section is for both old TRLE solutions and TRNG solutions. TRLE section is for TRLE only and TRLE+TREP. :D

@ aidanmalone:
I also always place a sunbulb in every room, even in dark rooms.
The nice thing about sunbulbs is that they give this nice 3D look to Lara.
And like DVDSpike already mentioned, you can lower the intensity or give them a darker colour for nighttime. :D

aidanmalone
07-09-14, 12:40
Thank you guys :hug:
I'm incredibly useless at lighting so apologies for that :p

DJ Full
08-09-14, 11:33
I know this is not a TRNG thread, but since I was asked here, I'll also reply here to avoid confusion:

@SrDanielPonces,
in case of Global Trigger You need to both export a condition and the flipeffect (or action) You want to occur. The syntax would be:
GlobalTrigger=X, -1, GT_CONDITION_GROUP, A, B, -1
TriggerGroup=A,
TriggerGroup=B,
where
X = unique ID of GlobalTrigger
-1 = ignored flag (in Your case You want the trigger to activate everytime You press the switch, but if You would like to make it one-shot, You can type FGT_SINGLE_SHOT in here)
GT_CONDITION_GROUP = this tells the Global Trigger to only start under the exported condition (otherwise they start instantly)
A - condition triggergroup ID
B - flipeffect/action triggergroup ID.

Then You paste the three exported condition numbers into A and each effect trigger into B, in case of many conditions or many actions/flipeffects You separate the pasted triples with commas. In Your case the conditions would be playing switch animation while being close to the switch (2 clicks would be good), actions would be to trigger camera/door, and flipeffect should trigger a CD sound.

But You can also omit the condition and just call for the exported action/flipeffect triggergroup with a "Perform TriggerGroup=B" placed under the switch. Without the GlobalTrigger and condition TriggerGroup used at all.

DJ Full
09-09-14, 12:02
Could somebody explain me what are general rules to make a properly functioning PUZZLE_HOLE? I can't make Lara detect it with Action. Am I supposed not to change the hole position and just stick to its default coordinates depending on the slot used? Are they hardcoded or not? Thanks in advance :)

Titak
09-09-14, 16:23
The position is kinda hardcoded.
However, there is one thing that does work: move them with an Action/Move trigger in TRNG. :D

Changing the position of the mesh in Meta adn then adjusting the collisionbox does not seem to work.
I did change the position of a switch once, for MoA-part1, by changing its position a bit in WADMerger Animation Editor. But it could only be moved a bit.

DJ Full
09-09-14, 17:30
The position is kinda hardcoded.
However, there is one thing that does work: move them with an Action/Move trigger in TRNG. :DIt seems this particular trigger solves most of the problems with objects - hiding them when they don't want to disappear, faking a door when there's no more spare slot, and now this... I think even pushables don't lose their function if moved this way (as far as I remember, flipeffect removes this function on the contrary).

I did change the position of a switch once, for MoA-part1, by changing its position a bit in WADMerger Animation Editor.Maybe it works if the object is moved but collision stays intact. It would make sense. OK, my puzzle is supposed to be placed in the wall, so I'll just import some wall slot to match the moved item and see what happens.

Changing the position of the mesh in Meta and then adjusting the collisionbox does not seem to work.This is exactly what failed for me and prompted me to raise the topic :)

Krystian
09-09-14, 19:28
It seems this particular trigger solves most of the problems with objects - hiding them when they don't want to disappear, faking a door when there's no more spare slot, and now this... I think even pushables don't lose their function if moved this way (as far as I remember, flipeffect removes this function on the contrary).

Actually, there is a whole tutorial thread dedicated to this. It has information on what works and what doesn't. :D
TRNG - Placing Special object (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=204328)

raiderromero
09-09-14, 19:42
TRNG is so magical :)

Baratheon
09-09-14, 21:23
Actually, there is a whole tutorial thread dedicated to this. It has information on what works and what doesn't. :D
TRNG - Placing Special object (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=204328)
I should bookmark that, how fantastic! :eek:

tombraiderxii
10-09-14, 21:58
You ever get those moments where you thought you were close to finishing a level, but ended up getting inspiration to add a whole new chunk of areas and gameplay. :vlol:

I just went through that. I hope I have enough space to fit it. :vlol:

Maybe it won't be featured in the demo, but I definitely want it to be in the final version :D

aidanmalone
10-09-14, 22:19
You ever get those moments where you thought you were close to finishing a level, but ended up getting inspiration to add a whole new chunk of areas and gameplay. :vlol:

I just went through that. I hope I have enough space to fit it. :vlol:

Maybe it won't be featured in the demo, but I definitely want it to be in the final version :D

Constantly! It sets you back a bit but it's worth it :p

Also am I the only one who wants more crossbows available for TRLE? I find it the best weapon :D

Kevin
12-09-14, 13:43
How can I get underwater particles in a dry room?

Tried to simply overlap the rooms but nothing changes.

Niveus
14-09-14, 07:30
How can I get underwater particles in a dry room?

Tried to simply overlap the rooms but nothing changes.

The waterroom should be created first before the dry room, I believe.

Kevin
14-09-14, 10:50
That's indeed the trick. Thank you very much! :D

Tombraider95
16-09-14, 14:44
Don't really have any experience with texturing models, but how would I go about adding cuts to Lara's skin?

Kapu
17-09-14, 17:32
if i were to go at it, i would open the outfit in strpix and find the mesh(es) i want to add cuts to. then i'd look for the spots i where i want the cuts to be and ctrl+click on them, which highlights the texture on that select face. export the texture(s), open them in Photoshop or similar, add the cuts, save and import them back into strpix. not an all too difficult process, but i imagine it would be time consuming.

Medroks
19-09-14, 17:24
What is the best way to create object? I mean, with what program/s I can create object in fastest way?

Titak
19-09-14, 17:39
STRPix to export a base mesh with, Metasequoia to create your new object (based off that base object or from scratch), then STRPix again to import the new mesh over an existing mesh (object you want to replace with your new one) in the wad.
Retexture with STRPix.

The latest STRPix can be found in our Software Development section.

It is best to NOT use your levelwad when working in STRPix. Just in case somethign goes wrong.
Copy the new object to your levelwad using WADMerger.

SrDanielPonces
19-09-14, 19:27
Started having this problem when I made my own Waterfall and started using in my level.
How to fix this texture? I know there are lots of people that had this problem. :)

http://i.imgur.com/OoXMi48.png

Titak
19-09-14, 20:13
The waterfall textures need to be the tallest in the wad.
I always make them 128x256, 256 being the height.

Another thing that can help prevent random scrolling textures on objects is to add the planet-effect to yoru wad.

Uzi master
19-09-14, 20:17
I've had that effect happen even when following those rules. Try moving the object to another wad, then delete in from the original wad. Then, re-apply each texture on the object, maybe apply some other texture to all the polygons first then re-apply so you don't loose track of what textures you've re-applied. Save, and add the object back to the original wad.

SrDanielPonces
19-09-14, 20:50
The waterfall textures need to be the tallest in the wad.
I always make them 128x256, 256 being the height.

Another thing that can help prevent random scrolling textures on objects is to add the planet-effect to yoru wad.

Thanks. :hug:

THOR2010
21-09-14, 04:14
im working on some new organic atlantis textures and i can't decide which of these is better? the darker seems more realistic for exposed fleshy like materials, but the lighter one seems more like the original tr1
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/AtlantisNew_zps29cce056.png~original

SrDanielPonces
21-09-14, 16:44
im working on some new organic atlantis textures and i can't decide which of these is better? the darker seems more realistic for exposed fleshy like materials, but the lighter one seems more like the original tr1
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/AtlantisNew_zps29cce056.png~original

I prefer the Darker one. :)

------

Anyone here knows which is the animation number of the Hole Switch animation and valve wheel one?? I can't find it on Lara Object.. :|

EDIT: I'm Having another problem.

I made a new Trapdoor mesh and I made new animations for it. (Lara can stand on it in-game) So, I have put a switch on a block where there is the trapdoor... And when she pulls the switch the trapdoor is supposed to go down. So, when Lara pushes the switch, the Trapdoor won't open. It only opens when Lara steps on the down floor (like as it was a PAD Trigger)..
Is it something to do with the new animation or the collision?

Medroks
23-09-14, 10:13
Ok so thanks to Titak I imported my object to NGLE level editor. Metasequioa is easy program to use, but I want to make my object bigger than one block and I can't change that or at least don't know how to do this with this program. Is it because I'm using movable object? It have to be static object? Or maybe it's like that when saving in .mqo format? What do I do? :p
By the way thanks for all the help! :hug:

EDIT: Never mind figured it out. I'm working on something and I can come back with interesting results.

AgentXP
26-09-14, 22:37
Is there such a thing as a working TRC Rome crowbar\valve wheel puzzle for the LE? Think I've seen such a puzzle working in Wreck of the Blue Storm - but I can't find a download on TRSearch....

EDIT I've looked in the TRC WAD - but the items are all in the wrong slots and the don't make any sense.... :S

DJ Full
27-09-14, 06:44
If it's in a wrong slot, shift+copy it to a switch one and see if it works :)

Caesum
27-09-14, 09:00
THOR2010 - Definitely the lighter one. This texture will be probably used in a level which ambient lighting will be dark. Making textures dark as well may only result in making it harder for a level designer to produce a nice looking lighting. At least that's what I think.

DJ Full
27-09-14, 16:54
I know puzzles can be ported between levels, but I don't know about the remaining item types as in Pickup, Key and Examine. Anybody knows if they're moved to the next level or discarded at the leveljump?

THOR2010
27-09-14, 16:55
pretty sure their carried over