PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 [55] 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

THOR2010
13-12-14, 02:00
there should be a main.sfx file in the data folder with all the levels, there is on mine.

question of my own, how can i get a fixed camera to revert back to the normal lara cam after a few seconds? right now iv'e got it watching a door open after pulling a switch and it lasts forever, unless u step off the trigger square.

Titak
13-12-14, 16:03
Put a number in the timer field of the trigger for the camera.

THOR2010
13-12-14, 17:16
wow, lol that was pretty simple!! ty:)

!araCr0ft
14-12-14, 00:33
Hey guys! I have a some quick questions.

Dose anyone know the OCB for monkey bar objects or ladder objects, Lara obviously won't grab them. (The moneky bars and ladder objects are in the animating slots)
Another thing is fish, I put the OCB for friendly fish, but they won't trigger for some reason, and it's only when I type the OCB for friendly fish that they don't trigger. (256) Any suggestions?

Dustie
14-12-14, 09:17
Lara can't really grab any objects, so anything that's climbable has to be made so using geometry, on which you further place the objects as to make it look like she's climbing a ladder instead of a flat wall...

Titak
14-12-14, 11:35
Like Dustie said, it is not the objects that can be made climbable.
You have to use the orange button on the lowest floor beneath the monkeybars and the four green wall-climb buttons in front of the climbable wall to make it all climbable/grabbable.

How did you get that 256 for the fish-emitter OCB? I don't think you can just use 256. It needs other number added to it to specify the amount of fish and the type of fish.
Have you used the OCB calculator in NG-Center?
If not, I suggest you use that to get the proper OCB for your fish.

Shauni
14-12-14, 17:05
Do you mean the one from the lost library level (TR4)?
I checked the Lost Library WAD and it doesn't have any animating objects in it. I can't remember where it came from. U_U

Caesum
14-12-14, 17:08
Check it again. I can definitely remember some flags in animating slot being in the Lost Library.

Shauni
14-12-14, 17:12
Check it again. I can definitely remember some flags in animating slot being in the Lost Library.
Hmm let me redownload it and check.

Edit: AH-HA! My previous Lost Library WAD must have been messed with because my recently downloaded WAD has all of the animating objects in it, including the animating flag! Thanks guys! :hug:

!araCr0ft
14-12-14, 22:39
Like Dustie said, it is not the objects that can be made climbable.
You have to use the orange button on the lowest floor beneath the monkeybars and the four green wall-climb buttons in front of the climbable wall to make it all climbable/grabbable.

How did you get that 256 for the fish-emitter OCB? I don't think you can just use 256. It needs other number added to it to specify the amount of fish and the type of fish.
Have you used the OCB calculator in NG-Center?
If not, I suggest you use that to get the proper OCB for your fish.

I understand the climbing bit, but she isn't grabbing the monkeybars as shown below..

http://youtu.be/ICMUtwsYNPk?t=8m11s

I got a hold of the OCB through the help_ocb_list text document that was in my NGLE folder. It says to just put 256 into it and it will make them friendly. I changed the gameplay in this area so the fish are now just decorations, so knowing the OCB isn't that big of a deal now, but I'll still check out the NG-Center, it won't hurt to learn the right way to do it.

Thank you for responding guys :hug:

Boobandie
14-12-14, 23:29
I understand the climbing bit, but she isn't grabbing the monkeybars as shown below..

http://youtu.be/ICMUtwsYNPk?t=8m11s

The objects are just a cosmetic touch. What she's actually grabbing are the undersides of invisible floor blocks.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u423/Boobandie/Monkeybars.png

!araCr0ft
15-12-14, 05:27
The objects are just a cosmetic touch. What she's actually grabbing are the undersides of invisible floor blocks.

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u423/Boobandie/Monkeybars.png

Oh okay thanks! I actually just did this with the ladder objects i'm using, time to do the same for the monkey bars! Thanks again :D

Shauni
15-12-14, 14:59
I can't remember what the max limit of faces/vertices of the TRNG is now. Can anyone tell me? I know the old LE was 250-ish but I don't remember the new one.

Titak
15-12-14, 15:21
In STRPix it is about 1000.
TRNG itself can handle 8192 per mesh. (usefull when using Meta2TR where rooms are considered meshes. :D)

Shauni
15-12-14, 15:22
Thank you! :hug:

Edit: I was wondering, can we have something like Mario collecting coins in the Level Editor? Maybe it could replace Secrets. Would it be possible to have a counter for how many coins you have found on the screen? I would really like to find a way to do this.

CourierNumber6
16-12-14, 15:21
Does anyone know how I could go about changing the look of the blood when Lara or anyone else is damaged? Is it a sprite I would have to change?

Titak
16-12-14, 15:25
Yes, it is a sprite.
But it is a sprite which is also used by fire/smoke if I remember correctly.
So if you change the sprite, it will not only affect the appearance of blood.

aidanmalone
16-12-14, 15:27
Thank you! :hug:

Edit: I was wondering, can we have something like Mario collecting coins in the Level Editor? Maybe it could replace Secrets. Would it be possible to have a counter for how many coins you have found on the screen? I would really like to find a way to do this.

It's definitely possible :D

TRNG could do this, coins would most likely be in a pickup_item slot and then you can use Global Alpha Variables which draw a live number from the amount of pickup items you have on the screen and have it shown permenantly :D

CourierNumber6
16-12-14, 15:43
Yes, it is a sprite.

I see. So, if I wanted to change the way blood looks, the flame sprites would have to change, too? I've tried to rip the sprites from a level in the Khmer Empire Levelset to make the blood match in my level. I moved the DEFAULT_SPRITES object from the Khmer WAD into my level WAD, but the blood still doesn't show up correctly. At least, it doesn't look like it does in the Khmer Empire level. Would you know how to fix this?

Krystian
16-12-14, 15:56
Yes, it is a sprite.

Actually, only the "blood in water" sprite is the same as the fire/smoke sprite. The "on land" blood sprite is separate. :D

I was wondering, can we have something like Mario collecting coins in the Level Editor? Maybe it could replace Secrets. Would it be possible to have a counter for how many coins you have found on the screen? I would really like to find a way to do this.

As aidanmalone said, things like this can be tracked by variables. As for the "dissapearing on touch" part, as that's what I presume you want to achieve, you will need a Global Trigger script with GT_COLLIDE_SLOT and do a bit of scripting, to make the object disappear when Lara touches it, after which the value of the variable is increased. I'd be more than happy to help out with this, if you don't know how to do it. :D

Titak
16-12-14, 16:15
Actually, only the "blood in water" sprite is the same as the fire/smoke sprite. The "on land" blood sprite is separate. :DOh, my mistake.
Thanks for clearing it up.
I thought they shared sprites on both dry land and in water. :o

SrDanielPonces
16-12-14, 18:22
The sounds of my enemies are all messed up
I tried to fix them in sound editor, but then most of the sounds seem to be disabled in Wadmerger.. So I have to enable them..
And, when I go in-game, the game is buggy and the pitch of them is messed up.
It seems like the only sounds that are enabled are the ones that have the correct pitch.

How to fix this? </3

CourierNumber6
16-12-14, 20:53
Okay, so I've got a side-by-side comparison of the two blood sprites: Mine, and the ones from the Khmer Empire level. I know both are hard to see, but if you look closely you can notice that the Khmer Empire blood sprites are darker and maybe even more crisp than mine. My WAD has the DEFAULT_SPRITE object from the Khmer Empire level, so what could be the problem?

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/OldBlood_zps16ca995b.png

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/NewBlood_zps9d5750eb.jpg

Like I said, the difference is kind of hard to see, but it's there! Sorry if it seems like I'm prying about this, but that blood just looks so good, I need it in my level!:D

THOR2010
17-12-14, 00:25
correct me if im wrong but, in the trigger window the 1,2,3,4 and 5 buttons are used for when you want something to be triggered by multiple triggers, each one with their own numbers activated? if so then can these triggers also be placed on switches because i want to trigger a door with 3 separate switches, but if on the door triggers if i try to change those buttons it says i can't overlap special triggers:confused:

CourierNumber6
17-12-14, 02:43
correct me if im wrong but, in the trigger window the 1,2,3,4 and 5 buttons are used for when you want something to be triggered by multiple triggers, each one with their own numbers activated? if so then can these triggers also be placed on switches because i want to trigger a door with 3 separate switches, but if on the door triggers if i try to change those buttons it says i can't overlap special triggers:confused:

Ah, I think I've had a problem like this before! Here's a little step-by-step guide to trigger a door with three switches:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/Step%20by%20Step%20Three%20Switches%20to%20a%20Doo r/Step1_zpsd306e2a9.png
First, select your door and place a trigger for it under all three switches.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/Step%20by%20Step%20Three%20Switches%20to%20a%20Doo r/Step2_zps797e9d8d.png
You're then going to want to open the Set Trigger Type window, set the Trigger Type to "Switch" and then click every numbered box EXCEPT for #1. The buttons are usually all selected (to work with just one switch, pad, etc.) so we're essentially making sure only #1 is "ticked." Place this trigger under the first switch, on top of the door trigger.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/Step%20by%20Step%20Three%20Switches%20to%20a%20Doo r/Step2_zps15a63cf4.png
Select the second switch. Uncheck every # box except for 2. Trigger Type "Switch." Place trigger under second switch.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c336/couriernumber6/Step%20by%20Step%20Three%20Switches%20to%20a%20Doo r/Step4_zpsb9a74048.png
Now, for the last switch, make sure every box is unchecked EXCEPT for #3, #4, and #5. Trigger Type "Switch." Place the trigger under the third switch.

There you go! I think the problem was that you were checking the # boxes on the door, instead of the switch?

THOR2010
17-12-14, 03:57
indeed, i am checking the boxes in the door triggers, lol ty:)

Mordyga
17-12-14, 06:38
Okay, so I've got a side-by-side comparison of the two blood sprites: Mine, and the ones from the Khmer Empire level. I know both are hard to see, but if you look closely you can notice that the Khmer Empire blood sprites are darker and maybe even more crisp than mine. My WAD has the DEFAULT_SPRITE object from the Khmer Empire level, so what could be the problem?

Like I said, the difference is kind of hard to see, but it's there! Sorry if it seems like I'm prying about this, but that blood just looks so good, I need it in my level!:D

Check the BTB 2013 and 2014 wads, it should be there. Not sure if that is a TREP patch which could turn off the blood sprite transparency :ponder:
First screen is from the game created with TRNG and the 2nd one is BTB level using TREP. The question is, can we have no transparent blood sprites in TRNG?

DJ Full
17-12-14, 10:14
Is there any way to force Metasequoia to snap to grid during "Extrude" and "Scale"? These two are the most versatile editing commands and manual vertex position fixing after their every single usage is really a waste of time :(

sapper
17-12-14, 10:53
I'm surprised there is no option for Extrude like holding shift etc.

Always check the status bar, usually at the top of the window for extra options for a command.

The Extrude faces option from the Selected Menu lets you input only integer if that helps.

In Meta 4 is option to snap to other vertices or faces or plane or line.
Maybe those options can be used.

Apart from getting a registered version which can be extended with plugins or scripts maybe you can ask for the features you want on Meta Bulletin Board.
You can post in English.

http://metaseq.net/bbs/metaseq/bbs.php?lang=en

Krystian
17-12-14, 12:52
The question is, can we have no transparent blood sprites in TRNG?
If you use FLEP. ;)

SrDanielPonces
17-12-14, 13:28
The sounds of my enemies are all messed up
I tried to fix them in sound editor, but then most of the sounds seem to be disabled in Wadmerger.. So I have to enable them..
And, when I go in-game, the game is buggy and the pitch of them is messed up.
It seems like the only sounds that are enabled are the ones that have the correct pitch.

How to fix this? </3

Someone? :/
I REALLY need to fix this D;

AODfan
17-12-14, 15:24
Learn how to add sounds with the SFX_Example.bat (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79194)

Joey79100
17-12-14, 15:51
No no no no no... First thing to NEVER do when playing with sounds: changing the way you're using them. He's using a program, he has to keep using it to avoid more problems as he already have some.

If there are sounds missing for your enemy, first make sure they are present in your Wad (the .sam and .sfx files) with your program.
Then, to add them to the enemy, don't use WadMerger's sound manager. It's buggy as hell. Instead, open the object in the Animation Editor. And here, search for the sounds menu > Add Sounds, check the sounds you need if they are present (if they are not it's because they are already added to the object), click on Add Selected, save your Wad and test. The sounds should be back.

If they still don't play or at the wrong pitch, make sure they are in the correct format.

SrDanielPonces
17-12-14, 16:33
No no no no no... First thing to NEVER do when playing with sounds: changing the way you're using them. He's using a program, he has to keep using it to avoid more problems as he already have some.

If there are sounds missing for your enemy, first make sure they are present in your Wad (the .sam and .sfx files) with your program.
Then, to add them to the enemy, don't use WadMerger's sound manager. It's buggy as hell. Instead, open the object in the Animation Editor. And here, search for the sounds menu > Add Sounds, check the sounds you need if they are present (if they are not it's because they are already added to the object), click on Add Selected, save your Wad and test. The sounds should be back.

If they still don't play or at the wrong pitch, make sure they are in the correct format.

nono, you're not getting it..
The sounds are all in the enemy correctly.. but the problem is this:
(If you didn't notice, the problem are the purple letters
http://i.imgur.com/X6MHjLh.png)
This print is the .wad of my Level. I just passed it to sounds.txt, clicking on the button "#g"

Titak
17-12-14, 20:15
No idea if it makes a difference but from experience I'd say it is best to be as accurate as possible when dabbling with teh sounds.txt: there seem to be some extra spaces here and there, in front of the #ve.

One thing I noticed on my end is that sometimes my sounds revert back to the original sounds or don't play at all when using WADMerger Animation Editor after pasting the newly created .sam and .sfx files in the wads folder.
When I paste them again, the sounds are correct. :ponder:

Other than that I don't know... and other than the things already mentioned.
Check if samples have:

the correct file format,
correct pitch in the sounds.txt,
been assigned to the wad (which, judging from the screenshot seems to be the case)
been assigned to the animations of the object(s)

My advise is also to stay away from WADMerger's Sound Editor as it is indeed on the buggy side.
So stick to TRLE Sound Editor or try SFX Manager or Screamer if you want to try another program.

CourierNumber6
17-12-14, 22:51
Check the BTB 2013 and 2014 wads, it should be there. Not sure if that is a TREP patch which could turn off the blood sprite transparency :ponder:
First screen is from the game created with TRNG and the 2nd one is BTB level using TREP. The question is, can we have no transparent blood sprites in TRNG?

If you use FLEP. ;)

Thanks so much, you guys! This is definitely the problem, seeing as I don't use TREP and the blood sprite actually IS the same in my WAD as the Khmer Empire level, albeit transparent. Unfortunately, I don't want to downgrade my TRNG and the latest FLEP only works with versions earlier than 1.2.2.7. Oh, well, thanks for the info! You learn something new about the LE everyday.:D

THOR2010
17-12-14, 23:14
flep still works with 1.2.2.7, its just a select few features in flep don't

!araCr0ft
18-12-14, 00:05
Anyone know any good sound converters? Trying to get some audio files in the right format but can't find anything :hea:

DVDSpike
18-12-14, 00:20
Anyone know any good sound converters? Trying to get some audio files in the right format but can't find anything :hea:

Audacity. :)

!araCr0ft
18-12-14, 00:22
I used that but the file is still to big, i'm most likely doing something wrong, i've read everything I can find on making it smaller but its not small enough for TRLE.

Kapu
18-12-14, 00:24
@!araCr0ft what kind of sound are you converting? a sample? and to what format? MP3, OGG, WAV?

!araCr0ft
18-12-14, 00:44
@!araCr0ft what kind of sound are you converting? a sample? and to what format? MP3, OGG, WAV?

I'm converting a MP3 Anniversary Croft Manor theme to Wav so it will play in the background. I exported it and it changed it to a wav, and also used the ADPCM option, which makes the file 4bit, but the file is still a tad bit to big. Really need to learn how to do this, there are some Lara voice acting bits I need to do as well. :hea:

SrDanielPonces
18-12-14, 00:55
I'm converting a MP3 Anniversary Croft Manor theme to Wav so it will play in the background. I exported it and it changed it to a wav, and also used the ADPCM option, which makes the file 4bit, but the file is still a tad bit to big. Really need to learn how to do this, there are some Lara voice acting bits I need to do as well. :hea:

try www.media.io. It's a good site to convert files. :)

!araCr0ft
18-12-14, 01:08
I've used that site before as well, it's nice but the MB size is EXTREMELY large. :(

THOR2010
18-12-14, 01:32
iv'e run into a strange problem, i recently add 2 animating objects to my wad, and in the room editor, whenever i add either of them to a room, every object in the room becomes unselectable?? can't select them, rotate them nothing, their not even highlighted? only when i select the new animatings from the 2d window and delete them do things return to normal! iv'e no idea whats wrong with those animating's, the only thing i did to them was delete some of their un-needed meshes in wadmerger.

!araCr0ft
18-12-14, 03:49
okay, so I finally got the size to fit, but now the it's not playing the music, it's looping the main TR4 theme over and over again. Is it because the properties? :facepalm:

sapper
18-12-14, 04:36
iv'e run into a strange problem, i recently add 2 animating objects to my wad, and in the room editor, whenever i add either of them to a room, every object in the room becomes unselectable?? can't select them, rotate them nothing, their not even highlighted? only when i select the new animatings from the 2d window and delete them do things return to normal! iv'e no idea whats wrong with those animating's, the only thing i did to them was delete some of their un-needed meshes in wadmerger.

The meshtree needs fixing.

There is an extra Push or Pop messing up things.

tombraider1703
18-12-14, 09:32
I'm having troubles with metasequoia... Everytime I want to use a decimal number.. for example 0.5 it jumps back to the last whole number.. it's really annoying because in my settings 0.5 would be two clicks height and such :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, I got it... just set the decimal seperator of my computer to .

sapper
18-12-14, 10:05
I think the usual answer for this problem is to use US PC settings for decimal point, i.e. a dot '.' as decimal separator.

Too late!

tombraider1703
18-12-14, 11:51
I think the usual answer for this problem is to use US PC settings for decimal point, i.e. a dot '.' as decimal separator.

Too late!

thank you anyway :hug:

dcw123
18-12-14, 11:56
This seems like a really basic thing - and I have got it to work before..

Its applying No Collision to tiles ontop and above water. I have read the tutorial on skribblers, and I wanted overhang.

So I made the corners above and below into triangles and added No Collision to both, and textured them accordingly - but in-game Lara still stands on the corner and can climb out on it (when she should be swimming through it)

What am I doing wrong? I only applied the water texture, I didn't use any black transparent or grey texture form the palette.. maybe thats it IDK.

CourierNumber6
18-12-14, 22:51
flep still works with 1.2.2.7, its just a select few features in flep don't

I'll definitely have to get it and experiment around a bit, then! Thanks for the info, I read on the FLEP thread that it wasn't compatible with the most recent version, but I wasn't sure if only select features were incompatible or if the entire thing wouldn't work.:D

I've actually run into another problem. I just tried to use TRLE Sound Editor to edit the sounds of my level. I've never really done this before, and while I thought I was going accordingly to the User Manual, I started up my level to find out that all sorts of sounds were mixed up. The default footstep sounds were replaced with metal footsteps and gravel footsteps, dogs attacking was replaced with howling, etc. The sounds I edited seem to be fine, but just about everything else is messed up.

Does anyone know what's happened?

SrDanielPonces
19-12-14, 18:32
So, I wave a spikewall on my level.. and I made the spikes bigger in the object.. The problem is, the part where I made bigger doesn't seem to hurt Lara... like if it didn't have collision.. :ponder:
Anyone knows how to fix this?

EDIT: NVM
I just fixed the collision in wadmerger :v

Mytly
19-12-14, 19:59
This seems like a really basic thing - and I have got it to work before..

Its applying No Collision to tiles ontop and above water. I have read the tutorial on skribblers, and I wanted overhang.

So I made the corners above and below into triangles and added No Collision to both, and textured them accordingly - but in-game Lara still stands on the corner and can climb out on it (when she should be swimming through it)

What am I doing wrong? I only applied the water texture, I didn't use any black transparent or grey texture form the palette.. maybe thats it IDK.
Check which triangulated tile of the lower room (the water one) you are applying the no-collision to. It should be the ceiling tile, not floor tile, though it's quite easy to mix up the two in this type of construction.

SrDanielPonces
19-12-14, 23:51
Hello! :wve:

I tried to run Screamer for the first time to see if I can fix my sounds problem.. :ponder:

The problem is, when I open the .wad file (Which I think It's supposed to be this one), it doesn't really show any useful information. Just these awkard letters, like this: " qq){KWbϞ=xO=qN)ZZPV~ qE vbxЈWRlA}[?<mOQ|=Dsc \*18Cx<dzD 5"

>.<
It works well when I load the standard one, but I wanted to know how to open my wad. :hea:

sapper
20-12-14, 00:25
Edit: NVM I was thinking about SFX manager.

Titak
20-12-14, 14:55
I tried to run Screamer for the first time to see if I can fix my sounds problem.. :ponder:Which OS are you running on your computer?
Because Screamer does not work on Win8.

Other than that, I have no idea why you would be getting those weird symbols. :ponder:

SrDanielPonces
20-12-14, 14:57
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bits ^

Titak
20-12-14, 15:08
Hmmm... not sure about that one.
Perhaps it is not Win8 itself, but the 64bits that Screamer can't run on properly? :ponder:

You could try TRLE Sound Editor or SFX Manager instead.

moodydog
21-12-14, 23:21
Hey guys, small problem. I just replaced the LEVER_SWITCH that was supplied by the tut1 wad with the original wall lever switch from TR1. However, when I place one in my level, and set up triggers, Lara does not seem to want to interact with it? :o

Dustie
22-12-14, 17:58
You mean the floor-based switch replaced with the classic wall-mounted switch? In this case I think you need to change the switch type using WadMerger and/or change the OCB for the switch in the Level Editor.

moodydog
22-12-14, 21:02
You mean the floor-based switch replaced with the classic wall-mounted switch? In this case I think you need to change the switch type using WadMerger and/or change the OCB for the switch in the Level Editor.

aah I see. :o So is "lever switch" not the correct type?

EDIT - Got it to work :D

DJ Full
23-12-14, 08:38
Can puzzle/quest items have more than one animation assigned? I'm trying but WadMerger keeps crashing :)

EDIT: OK I see they can. WM is still crashing but they can :)

THOR2010
23-12-14, 19:07
anyone have an idea as to why my level is crashing when pressing the action key? it only happens in 1 room, and in random spots if the action ket is pressed the game crashes? or sometimes just freezes

DJ Full
23-12-14, 19:42
Action key or action command? Pistols drawn or not? What objects do You have in sight and what type?

SrDanielPonces
23-12-14, 19:46
anyone have an idea as to why my level is crashing when pressing the action key? it only happens in 1 room, and in random spots if the action ket is pressed the game crashes? or sometimes just freezes

If you can't find the issue, you can always remake the room.

moodydog
23-12-14, 19:58
How do you make a trigger activate when you actually come in contact with it. In this case it's actually a trapdoor which opens, but I want it to open when you come in contact with the trapdoor, and not hovering over it?

Krystian
23-12-14, 20:02
^ PAD type trigger. :)

THOR2010
23-12-14, 20:17
Action key or action command? Pistols drawn or not? What objects do You have in sight and what type?

^all i know is that when i press the action key it crashes or freezes, doesn't matter if i have a weapon drawn or not, even when i enter dozy, then press enter o move forward it crashes. all the objects in the room are statics, apart from a puzzle hole, and animating object, and a few doors. i didn't even try anything fancy in the room, the most complex thing it it is the puzzle hole opening the door!

DJ Full
23-12-14, 20:44
So why don't You try deleting this puzzle hole? It seems to be the only action-sensitive object around. Let's exclude it. Also, remapping action to another key could exclude a configuration problem.

But first of all: backup the script and replace with the original one. Sometimes a little typo may disturb.

THOR2010
23-12-14, 21:45
ok, so i rebuilt the rooms where it was crashing and put lara in them and on there own they worked fine, but when i moved them back to the same position of the old ones and connected them to the rest of the level it started crashing again in the new rooms!!

edit: so i took a backup prj that had the original rooms, disconnected them from the rest of the level and there was no problem anymore!!

DJ Full
24-12-14, 19:42
Glad to hear it worked. Not good though that we didn't get the reason though - I've seen this in Lara and the Maniac (Condyville section) and when I tried to shoot the cactus in Hell's Arboretum, however both cases only crashed with weapons drawn. Hopefully this error happens in my level one day :)

Meanwhile in WadMerger, I cannot get above Frame Rate 4 without causing the animation to stutter ingame. Is it normal? EDIT: Well it cannot be called "normal", so I rather mean "supposed to happen".

Krystian
24-12-14, 22:31
^ I believe so. 4 is the maximum framerate in which the frames are interpolated (smoothened).

THOR2010
24-12-14, 23:40
Glad to hear it worked.

whatever it is it's still there, it only stopped when i disconnected the rooms where it froze from the rest of the level, once they are connected it starts again??

DJ Full
25-12-14, 00:16
it only stopped when i disconnected the rooms, once they are connected it starts again??What kind of portals? Give as many details as possible. Vertical, horizontal, straight, bent? And if You delete all of them, aren't there any black holes remaining on the floor? If yes, that means an incomplete portal deletion, You can fill such hole by simple solid floor paste.

4 is the maximum framerate in which the frames are interpolatedJust used the animation wizard to create additional frames between each couple - arrrhhh, sweet mother of pain! There's a "Double Speed" button, why "Halve Speed" isn't???

DJ Full
27-12-14, 19:26
OK, so I spent too many hours with those cutscenes, putting cameras to the limits again (watched too much of Michael Bay I think) - but at least within these few days I found some things I don't remember seeing in flyby camera tutorials (how can it be after 13 years of editing?). Here they go, so the time isn't that lost:

1. Flyby-activated HEAVY triggers:
- won't work under cutcams with button [7]
- won't work under first cams after cutcam [7] as well
- WILL work under cams placed over illegal slopes
- WILL work under cams placed at the edge of tile.

2. Flyby hold with button [8]:
- won't work at 1st cam in the sequence
- it seems divided by cam speed (e.g. Timer 300 / Speed 3 = Hold 100).

3. Camera speed doesn't range from 1 to 3 but from 0 to 50 (51=crash):
- 0 will never move (I waited for 15 minutes and nothing)
- 6 is double 3, 8 is double 4 and so on.
I placed 3 cameras along a 12-square long path and got 648 km/h (402 mph), Fraps count. I cannot see a usage for this unless EssGee remakes a podrace level.

4. Finally, you can surely have more than 2 cutcams in a sequence. However I only made it work with the following in mind:
- initial camera not set as cutcam
- cutcams separated by at least two no-cut cameras
- an additional no-cut camera placed after the last cutcam.
This way I have 4 cuts in a single seq and it's still alive. I bet more are possible when respecting above conditions or similar.

I hope that helps somebody.

Krystian
27-12-14, 20:28
I'd suggest you to make a thread in the tutorial section so this info doesn't get lost among the multitude of posts in this thread. :)

DJ Full
27-12-14, 20:41
Surely will, but not now... you know :D

Titak
27-12-14, 20:46
We don't even have the basic stuff on camera's in the tutorials section, so a thread about camera's can be created and then this can be added to the flyby camera chapter. :D

DJ Full
27-12-14, 21:35
Indeed we don't. I never noticed that. Perhaps because it's on skribblerz I always refer to. They also contain some extra tutorials - however I really prefer the basics (I'm not sure if it's a bug, but the exported NG camera trigger always takes a split second to move into desired camera position, what in most cases destroys the atmosphere (visible after the box shatter in my Trash level which was used as a test field for this thing).

So I'll possibly just link to skribblerz for people to read first, and only list below all additions I found.

But there are also camera tips only spread via PMs and secret subforums (for instance many problems are defused during highly intensive buildng periods of BtB), so they mostly remain hidden - e.g. the "no rollingball left on cam trigger" hint is known for some but highly time-wasting for those still unaware of it. I stored such stuff and I'm intending to publish it one day.

Titak
28-12-14, 17:36
the exported NG camera trigger always takes a split second to move into desired camera position, what in most cases destroys the atmosphereOh...
So that's what's causing that "jump", as I call it, in the camera when you use a fixed camera or a flyby camera. It does that jump as if it takes a split second to go from Lara cam to the camera that's triggered.
I never realised it had to do with exporting the trigger. And in my case it is all exported triggers... :facepalm:

Good to know. :D

AkyV did a tutorial on TRNG camera's,
I could make a second post in that tutorial and add your additional info, DJ Full. :ponder:
And add a link at the beginning to the basic tutorial on Skribblerz.

DJ Full
28-12-14, 22:49
I never realised it had to do with exporting the trigger. And in my case it is all exported triggers...I think the element which was originally responsible for camera cut cannot be exported. Since NG allows any object to be targeted by camera, this wide care might ignore some important local property - e.g. of CAMERA_TARGET. Mhm, yep... that could be it. But in any case the rollingball does the best, leaving the trigger affectable by the inbuilt cutcam factor, wherever it may reside.

But that also made me thing if a static camera is capable of getting some properties of a flyby, maybe it can also react to flyby-steering buttons. I tried to press those - [0] to snap from Lara, [6] to snap back to her, [7] for cut... and You know what happened!?

PLAINLY NOTHING. But of course You may try, I could always screw something up :D

In fact the more NG we go, the more camera problems we get, since we can not only stack camera triggers with object ones but also with flipeffects, actions and whatever, and each of these has that "Extra" field, which is nothing else than a TIMER which will often (always???) collide with camera one, causing the same exact annoying screen blink that we get when a HEAVY gets stuck under a rollingball for too long.

I have about 5000 movie clips captured with a real camera - cities, mountains, rivers, forests and fields - and I swear filming all of these within 5 years, often in severe atmospheric conditions, was easier than setting the editor cameras properly in a single level.

DJ Full
30-12-14, 11:39
Two random questions:
1) Is it possible to reposition an entire animation without moving it frame by frame?
2) Is it possible to have both small push button and large push button in the same level, without going NG?
3) How can I adjust a puzzle_hole collision? I'm hitting the Automatic Bound in StrPix but the box stays the same.

Titak
30-12-14, 11:42
Not sure what you mean with the first question, but for the second one you could try pasting the animations for either the small button or the large button to the animation slots of other switch animations.
Then use the OCB that is normally used for that type of switch.

Krystian
30-12-14, 12:25
Two random questions:
1) Is it possible to reposition an entire animation without moving it frame by frame?
2) Is it possible to have both small push button and large push button in the same level, without going NG?
3) How can I adjust a puzzle_hole collision? I'm hitting the Automatic Bound in StrPix but the box stays the same.

The answers to questions 1 and 3:

1) Two ways to do this:
a) Export an animation to some external animation software (3ds Max, Fragmotion, etc.)
b) Use Sapper's TRW Editor to export the animation to a CSV spreadsheet, open it in MS Excel (OpenOffice Calc) and either:
- manually add the same value to each cell in a column for the X, Y and Z positions
- use a formula and or macro to do it for you.

I've made a couple of animation macros for Excel, including one that exactly serves this purpose, tell me if you'd like me to send them to you. :D

3) By box do you mean the actual cubic box? Because those are only used for static meshes, moveables (such as the puzzle hole) use the collision box that you have in WadMerger Animation Editor. The recent WadMerger update by Paolone allows you to manually adjust this collision box.

DJ Full
30-12-14, 17:12
1) I've made a couple of animation macros for Excel, including one that exactly serves this purpose, tell me if you'd like me to send them to you.
That would be really good. I was redoing this animation step by step already, and the time's ran out.

3) Yes I meant the cubic box that has been displayed in WadMerger and adjustable as sphere form in StrPix however the result remained unchanged ingame... So I just used a slot with an ALMOST matching collision - however it's good to hear WadMerger can handle it now, so I can make it perfect :)

2) About those switches, I had some confusion. I thought big push button (like the catacomb face) and small one (like in karnak) share the same OCB. Now I see it's small and big LEVER that are exclusive - sorry, my misread, the thing is working :D

Almost there... Nothing worse than finding out something You made a year ago and considered done is actually broken :cen:

!araCr0ft
31-12-14, 02:50
Is anything wrong with the FLIPEFFECT triggers?

I'm trying to get Lara to start the game without weapons, as she will get them at a later time, and can't get the trigger to work. I've done it just like it says from the NGLE manual, but still not luck. Is it because DOZY is enabled at the moment or is there some scripting to be done?

DJ Full
31-12-14, 04:17
You need a script command "Equipment= PISTOLS_ITEM, 0 or flipeffect "Inventory. Decrease item number -1" to make the pistols vanish from the backpack. Aside from that, You need to disable weapon commands (both Draw and Hotkeys) until Lara finds pistols. Maybe there's a better way (e.g. disabling a hotkey only for pistols), but I don't know.

How do I get rid of the swimming bug at the no-collision triangle on the water surface? I sometimes have it occur and sometimes not, no clue about its determinator.

!araCr0ft
31-12-14, 05:41
You need a script command "Equipment= PISTOLS_ITEM, 0 or flipeffect "Inventory. Decrease item number -1" to make the pistols vanish from the backpack. Aside from that, You need to disable weapon commands (both Draw and Hotkeys) until Lara finds pistols. Maybe there's a better way (e.g. disabling a hotkey only for pistols), but I don't know.

How do I get rid of the swimming bug at the no-collision triangle on the water surface? I sometimes have it occur and sometimes not, no clue about its determinator.

FLIPEFFECT obviously can work, but it's not.

I'm using Lara. [Weapons] <&> Enable/disable usage of weapons for Lara trigger at the start but she still has them..

Anyone else have any pointers?

THOR2010
31-12-14, 06:30
i believe with that flipeffect it doesn't actually remove the weapons from the inventory, try putting this in your script while also using that flip effect
Equipment= 349, 0

also for the water, i always put the no collision in the top room and also on the ceiling in the bottom room and it always works fine

DJ Full
31-12-14, 07:42
I'm using Lara. [Weapons] <&> Enable/disable usage of weapons for Lara trigger at the start but she still has themDisabling usage disables usage, it does not remove weapons.

or the water, i always put the no collision in the top room and also on the ceiling in the bottom roomThis is exactly what doesn't work in this case. Maybe You cannot touch the portal after doing this? Or maybe there's a "no collision" limit per room? I'll try to make the portal from scratch... will see...

DJ Full
31-12-14, 08:36
Well NOPE. I tried both methods, bent and straight:

http://imageupload.pl/photos/20141231142001787156937.jpg

None works. I remember getting an "Illegal no collision on floor quad" in this room, however in times when all triangles HAD collision. But I purged the reported place and the artifact was gone (enough to copy/paste some fresh geometry without taking a part of portal with it)... There's something more in this room. Just tried to make smaller portals, but even a 1x1-square (or rather triangle) hole in the water causes the same problem.

!araCr0ft
31-12-14, 09:09
i believe with that flipeffect it doesn't actually remove the weapons from the inventory, try putting this in your script while also using that flip effect
Equipment= 349, 0

also for the water, i always put the no collision in the top room and also on the ceiling in the bottom room and it always works fine

Nope, that didn't seem to work either. :(

@DJ Oh, I understand it now, it was confusing using this trigger for the first time.

Is it possible that someone could send me a script with the command in it or something? I've tried everything and anything I could find about it but Lara just can't stay away from those damn pistols! :hea:

Sorry that i keep asking questions by the way, it's my first project and I want it to go as planned so bad. :o

Titak
31-12-14, 09:18
Have you tried this trigger:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 96
; Exporting: TRIGGER(1:0) for FLIPEFFECT(96)
; <#> : Lara. (Weapons) Disarm Lara in <&>way
; <&> : Remove only weapons
; (E) :
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 96, $1

!araCr0ft
31-12-14, 21:12
Have you tried this trigger:
; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 96
; Exporting: TRIGGER(1:0) for FLIPEFFECT(96)
; <#> : Lara. (Weapons) Disarm Lara in <&>way
; <&> : Remove only weapons
; (E) :
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 96, $1

Hey Titak!

I've been using this trigger, but I think i'm using the command wrong in the script though.. :o

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 107
; Exporting: TRIGGER(0:0) for FLIPEFFECT(107)
; <#> : Lara. (Weapons) <&>Enable/disable usage of weapons for Lara
; <&> : Enable newly the usage of weapons
; (E) :
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 107, $0

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y516/Laracroft1210/ss2014-12-31at040737_zps28f15582.png (http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/Laracroft1210/media/ss2014-12-31at040737_zps28f15582.png.html)

Titak
31-12-14, 21:54
Yes, you are using it wrong allright.
Exported triggers have to be used in the TriggerGroup= command. :)

So in your case it would be TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 107, $0
Then, in the prj trigger this TG with the F118 trigger.
But if this is the only trigger in the TG, you might as well place the trigger in the prj instead of putting it in a TG.
TG's are more suitable when wanting to put miltiple triggers in it.

Btw, this $2000, 107, $0 trigger does not disable weapons. It enables them again after they have been disabled before.
So you did manage to disable them?

Zebra
31-12-14, 21:54
I've just felt like dusting off the NGLE again but I've got a bit of a problem. My standard resolution is 1920x1080 but the level editor doesn't scale to that resolution. The window stays teeny-tiny and even when I go into full-screen mode it doesn't change the size. It just fills the rest of the screen with a black background. I would hate to have to change my screen resolution every time I use the level editor so I'm hoping there's some way to make it scale :o?

Titak
31-12-14, 21:56
No, no other way than adjusting your resolution all the time.
Or learn to work with a tiny editor.
It's what I do on my laptop...

Zebra
31-12-14, 22:04
Thanks for the quick reply :). I'll try working with the tiny editor and hope I can get used to it. Otherwise I'll really just have to change the resolution all the time.

!araCr0ft
31-12-14, 23:33
Yes, you are using it wrong allright.
Exported triggers have to be used in the TriggerGroup= command. :)

So in your case it would be TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 107, $0
Then, in the prj trigger this TG with the F118 trigger.
But if this is the only trigger in the TG, you might as well place the trigger in the prj instead of putting it in a TG.
TG's are more suitable when wanting to put miltiple triggers in it.

Btw, this $2000, 107, $0 trigger does not disable weapons. It enables them again after they have been disabled before.
So you did manage to disable them?

I knew I was doing it wrong!

No, the weapons are still here. I'm going to try this but with the trigger you suggested instead, maybe then it will work. :D

Edit: I'm gonna be using the trigger you suggested earlier this time around Titak, so would this be how to use it?

TriggerGroup= 1, $2000, 96, $1?

Edit: I DID IT YAAAAAS!!! :jmp:

Thank you Titak dear!! :gki:

Zebra
01-01-15, 00:45
EDIT: Ah, sorry. I didn't see that there was a separate Open Chat thread for TRNG. Please delete this post.

tombraider1703
01-01-15, 16:10
I'm trying to recreate the catacomb textures but I can't find a good reference for this texture:

http://i.imgur.com/zs680dG.jpg

does anybody knows where I could find a photo of a relief like this? :confused:

FreakRaider
01-01-15, 16:18
I have found something similar: here (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bass-relief-jetavana-dagoba-sri-lanka-11123986.jpg)

tombraider1703
01-01-15, 16:20
I have found something similar: here (http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bass-relief-jetavana-dagoba-sri-lanka-11123986.jpg)

thank you,
but it looks as if it was a completly different culture :o

Kosmos
01-01-15, 16:24
Key in "caryatid" on google. ;)

Zebra
02-01-15, 03:53
Took me some searching but it looks like it's a depiction of Isis Aphrodite (it was customary in Ptolemaic Alexandria to merge Greek and Egyptian gods and goddesses together). I can't seem to find the exact relief/statue but these seem to come relatively close:

http://isiopolis.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/d5311041l1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/24/43/90/2443901aecc0864ea997c5817a2a050b.jpg

http://www.mouginsmusee.com/img/art-objects/158/11_02_170_inv_117_021_1024x0.jpg

disapearing-boy
02-01-15, 14:46
I made this back in March but hadn't been active on the forums for many months... I was remaking the Catacombs textures for my own use but real life seriously got in the way.... (my Dad had cancer (in remission now!!) plus I've some serious financial problems and I'm failing the University that I can barely afford to attend)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Reese-Evans/APHRODITE-1.png

It's not perfect and feel free to create your own if you wish but she's specifically called Isis-Aphrodite (A Graeco-Egyptian-hyphenated-hybrid goddess). You'll find more google images with the proper name. Looking at it now, I'm not happy with mine, so I might remake it and upload a better version.

I was making the full set and I will finish it and release it -- making textures relaxes me sometimes. I like photoshop. :)

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Reese-Evans/BASE_TEXTURES.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Reese-Evans/TRANS_TEXTURES.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i175/Reese-Evans/DECO_TEXT.jpg

There's a lot more to do...... that frustrates & excites me at the same time. You could continue to make your own version if you like but I have restarted work on these since Christmas. I should have them all done between now and march.

Titak
02-01-15, 15:28
^
I like them. :tmb:
Catacombs is still my favorite original TRLE set. :D

disapearing-boy
02-01-15, 15:59
^
I like them. :tmb:
Catacombs is still my favorite original TRLE set. :D

Thank you.:D I wasn't around when the LE first hit so I never had the pleasure of using the original wads. I think most people made Catacomb levels first so I decided I might have better luck if I follow their path - except I want it in hd(ish).

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?p=7251175#post7251175

^^ an object (untextured...)

I have the skills to create the things I could only dream of when I joined the LE world many years ago, now I can finally keep up with my imagination.

dcw123
03-01-15, 12:05
Trying to use TRPRJ to save old TR levels as a project file - the program saved the level and the TGA fine, but when I try and load it in NGLE - it crashes.

The normal message ''errors on map, resolve?'' comes up, and I can see 'rebuilding rooms' in the background, then the editor spits a crash txt at me.

Is this normal? Could have sworn I've used this program before no problems..

I even tested the original TRLE projects and my custom level - and they worked OK.. I even tried using TRFixer - nothing yet :(

Titak
03-01-15, 13:36
TR2PRJ is an old program.
Perhaps it simply isn't capable of processing TRNG/TRNG levels properly. :ponder:

(Or has it been updated since the arrival of TRNG? :ponder:)

DJ Full
03-01-15, 19:09
DELETED_STUFF
Never mind, it's working. No clue what the issue was :)

dcw123
03-01-15, 20:03
TR2PRJ is an old program.
Perhaps it simply isn't capable of processing TRNG/TRNG levels properly. :ponder:

(Or has it been updated since the arrival of TRNG? :ponder:)

Grrr ... so what your saying is that there is no way of doing this?

Looks like I'll have to redo each room from scratch and edit :/
Luckily I can use TRViewer for reference..

DJ Full
03-01-15, 20:48
@dcw123,

it's good to script everything you can - triggers stored in text form aren't lost in case if the project is.

dcw123
03-01-15, 21:32
Frustratingly, Fexinspect doesn't show how click heights (how tall a room is , floor and ceiling, like TRLE does)

The only way I guess would be to install the old TRLE onto a HDD and have both windows up.. rather than guessing how how everything is

SrDanielPonces
03-01-15, 21:44
Frustratingly, Fexinspect doesn't show how click heights (how tall a room is , floor and ceiling, like TRLE does)

The only way I guess would be to install the old TRLE onto a HDD and have both windows up.. rather than guessing how how everything is

IKR!? :(
This feature should be implemented in a possible new version.. I always have to count the height of the room by clicks everytime T_T

SrDanielPonces
10-01-15, 10:11
Hello! :wve:

How can I make a Small_Scorpion not to poison Lara when she gets hit? Thanks ! :hug:

sapper
10-01-15, 11:52
I don't think small scorpion poisons if the level number is lower than 4.

SrDanielPonces
10-01-15, 11:54
I'm actually using level 4, and it poisons. T_T

sapper
10-01-15, 11:57
Use TRNG Flipeffect to change level number.

This may be unstable regarding saves.

Or rearrange level order.

SrDanielPonces
10-01-15, 12:32
Ew.. really? oO
Isn't there another way? T_T
I use small_scorpions almost in every level, so that won't work at all T_T

Joey79100
10-01-15, 17:52
It's hardcoded, so we can't do anything about it.
Though there is a workaround (that I haven't tested but I might need to): Make a GlobalTrigger that checks if Lara is poisoned, and if it's true, you can use a flipeffect to remove her poisoned status (F114). And if Lara is meant to be poisoned somewhere else in the level, you can disable the GlobalTrigger where there's no scorpion and reactivate it when you trigger a scorpion. :)

THOR2010
10-01-15, 23:19
iv'e got a strange problem, every so often lara will stop responding to the action key! for example say i jump and grab a ledge, after i pull up ill jump to grab another ledge, only this time lara jumps and doesn't react to the action key being pressed, so she just jumps and hits the wall! the only way to fix it is to pull out a weapon or do something on the ground involving the action key, like pulling a lever or climbing onto a block. any ideas what causes this??

edit: nvm i dont know whats causing it but i added a "set free hands" anim command at the end of lara's climb up animation and it seemed to counteract it.

Titak
11-01-15, 09:27
It's hardcoded, so we can't do anything about it.
Though there is a workaround (that I haven't tested but I might need to): Make a GlobalTrigger that checks if Lara is poisoned, and if it's true, you can use a flipeffect to remove her poisoned status (F114). And if Lara is meant to be poisoned somewhere else in the level, you can disable the GlobalTrigger where there's no scorpion and reactivate it when you trigger a scorpion. :)Just a thought that came to mind when I read this.
With this, provided it works ofcourse, you can also temporarily poison Lara.
Poison her for say 30 seconds and then make it stop.
This way you have to be carefull not to touch a scorpion, but it does not cost you a medipack to heal Lara.

Not sure if that would make sense if she is actually poisoned (can you be automatically be cured from poision? Perhaps if the dosis isn't very strong... :ponder:), but the screen effect could also be her feeling dizzy after being hit on the head, or after a fall or something.
In those cases the poisoning screeneffect could work and it suddenly stopping will simple mean she has recovered from the blow. (You know how when you hit your head, see stars and be a bit dizzy, and after a while your head might still feel sore but you are seeing clearly again?)

Too bad the poison screen effect starts very gentle and increases with time.
For a dizzy-after-blow effect it would be better to have it decrease.

I also wonder if it is possible to have the poison screen effect without loosing health. :ponder:

Ehm...

AODfan
11-01-15, 09:39
I also wonder if it is possible to have the poison screen effect without loosing health. :ponder:

If it happens in a cutscene you could temporarily store her health in some variable and then restore it once she has been healed from the poison

btw shouldn't this be in the Open TRNG Chat? :p

Krystian
11-01-15, 14:19
^ It doesn't necessarily have to be a cutscene, you can just constantly force that same value for the health memory, until she's healed.

Also, there's the Poison 1 memory field in savegame memory, which controls the power of the poison and strength of the distortions on screen. You could use a set up to gradually force smaller and smaller values into this field, until the effect disappears. :)

Titak
11-01-15, 14:29
Ha, so my ideas are actually possible by the looks of it.
TRNG... :D

Raider99
12-01-15, 20:30
For some reason, Chain object with OCB 1 doesn't hurt Lara... :ponder:
I used the one from TRIV (Moving blocks from Giza levels) and Lara can just go through them and they don't hurt her. I tried enabling and calculating collision, but it doesn't work.

!araCr0ft
13-01-15, 05:07
Hey guys. :)

So i'm just wondering if there is any programs other then Windows Recorder that can put sound files in the right formats, such as Microsoft ADPCM 44.100 kHz, 4 Bit, Stereo?

My version doesn't come with the features that the older and newer versions have, so i'm kinda stuck here. :(

I already use a program to convert sounds to wav. files, which is Audacity, so I just need to change the format. :o

THOR2010
13-01-15, 05:49
the level manager and NG center both have sound\audio converters in them. i use audacity as well, then use ng center's tool to convert them.

!araCr0ft
13-01-15, 14:21
the level manager and NG center both have sound\audio converters in them. i use audacity as well, then use ng center's tool to convert them.

Are you serious...?

I never knew it was there the WHOLE TIME.

Well I feel stupid. :hea:

Thank you Thor! :D

EDIT: What is the tools name? I've been looking for a while now and can't seem to find it. :o

Titak
13-01-15, 14:38
It's in the Tools3 tab in NG-Center.

!araCr0ft
13-01-15, 14:43
It's in the Tools3 tab in NG-Center.

Oh okay! Thank Titak! :hug:

Sorry I keep asking questions. :vlol:

EDIT: I need to pay attention...I didn't update the NG_Center in some time. :hea:

tomb2player
13-01-15, 16:49
Newest version of TRNG ( 1.2.2.7 ) does not require old audio format ( Microsoft ADPCM 44.100 kHz, 4 Bit, Stereo ), you can have for example 16 bits, etc and it will be working.

Titak
13-01-15, 21:41
Or MP3 format, or OGG format. :D

Munin Raven
13-01-15, 22:01
While this thread is on the topic of audio, I've been working on a few small batches of ambient and musical cues to accompany new texture sets I'm constructing. So far, I've only used NGLE for basic building and experimenting with textures. When I am ready to release some ambient/music stuff, what's the general preferred format?

I personally don't like anything less than 44100 Hz, 320 kbps... or 16bit wav. but the file size - at least for wav. might be off putting to some. I don't wish to put out mid/low quality files just to pander to those that would moan about the size of the files. < don't download... problem solved!

But still, what is the current trend within the community?

Titak
14-01-15, 14:57
I'd say release it at least in the format you prefer. People can then convert the files themselves if needed.

I always use OGG for audio these days and 44100 Hz for samples (I use FLEP together with TRNG).

On another note:
I want to use a quadbike for my Croft Manor trainings level.
So I downloaded one of these made by EssGee (http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2836).
It works great with the right sounds and all wheels turning and such, but I can't seem to find a way to go backwards... :confused:
Am I missing something or can't these quadbikes go backwards?

Raider99
14-01-15, 15:53
^ -nevermind, didn't work-
----------------------------------------------------------------
For some reason, Chain object with OCB 1 doesn't hurt Lara... :ponder:
I used the one from TRIV (Moving blocks from Giza levels) and Lara can just go through them and they don't hurt her. I tried enabling and calculating collision, but it doesn't work.

Anyone? :o

AODfan
14-01-15, 16:17
@Titak: I'm assuming the driving backwards animation is missing in the VEHICLE_EXTRA object since the driving backwards methods Lara used were quite different in both games (she actually drove backwards in TR3 while she kinda pushed the bike backwards in TR4). I guess you could try adding the animation used in TR4 but I'm not sure if it will fit to the quadbike :ponder:

@Raider99: I used the moving blocks in my 20 level but I have them in the SQUISHY_BLOCK1 slot. No ocb code required and they work perfectly once triggered :)

Raider99
14-01-15, 16:21
^ Thank you, that works fine. :hug:
I usually avoid putting objects in another slots as they can cause strange problems...

Tombraider95
14-01-15, 16:42
If I was to replace the Setha death animation with the TR1/2/3 T-rex death, would that work?

Titak
14-01-15, 17:10
@Titak: I'm assuming the driving backwards animation is missing in the VEHICLE_EXTRA object since the driving backwards methods Lara used were quite different in both games (she actually drove backwards in TR3 while she kinda pushed the bike backwards in TR4). I guess you could try adding the animation used in TR4 but I'm not sure if it will fit to the quadbike :ponder:Yes, I have already been thinking of trying that but I wasn't sure if it was necessary. It's been a while since I drove the bike. Wasn't sure if I missed a button combo to make Lara go backwards. :o

I'll compare the animations in the vehicle-extra of the original bike and those of the quad bike and see what the differences are.

THOR2010
14-01-15, 20:35
is there a way to change what meshes on the motorbike rotate? iv'e put the snowmobile from tr2 into that slot with its original animations and its working perfectly, accept for the fact the theres rotating meshes!!
edit: nvm i forgot about the wad reorganizer!!

edit2:
If I was to replace the Setha death animation with the TR1/2/3 T-rex death, would that work?

Seth doesn't have a death anim on his own, since he's unkillable in normal TR4. if ur using trng then u need to set a death animation for the slot using the CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION command,

edit3! : iv'e hit another snag, to get rid of the rotating meshes of the motorbike i added extra meshes with the wad reorganizer and edited the meshtree so that those extra ones would be in the rotating slots and then textured them invisible. then i did the same for the mesh slots that were the same as the normal motorbike's headlights and back lights, since they turned on and off depending on what the bike was doing. unfortunately now im two meshes over what the default bike has, and those 2 meshes aren't drawn in game? is there any way to fix that?

Tombraider95
14-01-15, 21:36
Seth doesn't have a death anim on his own, since he's unkillable in normal TR4. if ur using trng then u need to set a death animation for the slot using the CUST_ADD_DEATH_ANIMATION command,
?

My T-rex dies normally and I haven't added any scripting. But I actually meant Laras death by "Setha".

THOR2010
14-01-15, 22:50
oh then yeah i think just replacing the anim shud work, im curious as to how he dies normally?

Tombraider95
14-01-15, 22:53
oh then yeah i think just replacing the anim shud work, im curious as to how he dies normally?

It just falls over and dies lol

disapearing-boy
14-01-15, 23:12
edit3! : iv'e hit another snag, to get rid of the rotating meshes of the motorbike i added extra meshes with the wad reorganizer and edited the meshtree so that those extra ones would be in the rotating slots and then textured them invisible. then i did the same for the mesh slots that were the same as the normal motorbike's headlights and back lights, since they turned on and off depending on what the bike was doing. unfortunately now im two meshes over what the default bike has, and those 2 meshes aren't drawn in game? is there any way to fix that?

Hmmm.... while that's a strange & probably hard-coded bug, there is a TRNG script (if your using TRNG??) that allows you to turn off the light on the bike permanently so you wouldn't have to hide those meshes. I'm not sure if TREP has that function. :ponder:

Perhaps ask in the NG section if you need to?

THOR2010
14-01-15, 23:50
if i disable that then that mesh won't appear in-game at all, but it will still be taking up space in the mesh tree that i need. What i rlly need is a way to make the two rear light meshes both appear all the time, by default one is shown, then when the brake is pressed it disappears and shows the other one.

Munin Raven
15-01-15, 19:57
I'd say release it at least in the format you prefer. People can then convert the files themselves if needed.

I always use OGG for audio these days and 44100 Hz for samples (I use FLEP together with TRNG).

Thank you for your thoughts, Titak. I never considered .ogg before. :ponder:

TombWare
19-01-15, 13:39
Hello.

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=153230

I downloaded TRNG just to test this teleport function but it doesn't seem to work. Here's the trigger window.

http://i.imgur.com/1t5C1c2.png

Any ideas?

Krystian
19-01-15, 13:59
Could you be more specific on what you have done? Did you place the trigger for it properly?

DJ Full
19-01-15, 14:06
Place a LARA_START_POS object.
Hit O to bring the properties window.
Type a number into it (can be any).
Type the identical number in timer of trigger window posted above.
Place the trigger somewhere and let Lara cross it.

TombWare
19-01-15, 14:37
http://i.imgur.com/7EYHyp2.png

Yeah I didn't forget the OCB code. The trigger is placed as well, the ground is purple and it can be selected from grid view. Is there another setting somewhere?

A FINISH trigger like below works (with loading screen).

http://i.imgur.com/h3Z6092.png

Krystian
19-01-15, 14:49
And the placed trigger, I understand, is of course for the flipeffect itself, and not for the LARA_START_POS object? Sorry for these questions, but the setup visually appears correct, and I don't know what else could be wrong.

Raider99
19-01-15, 14:51
^ The Object code bits for LARA_START_POS 1 2 3 4 5 shouldn't be pressed... :ponder:
I usually preform those triggers without them pressed.

EDIT: Tested, doesn't really matter.

DJ Full
19-01-15, 14:54
Untick the... eh, R99 was faster. :D

Plainly, ticking those [1][2][3][4][5] buttons means instant object activation and You only do it with traps, flame emitters and doors when You want to reduce pink trigger number (their limit is 512 so better not to place unnecessary ones). Sometimes ticking them may even crash the level (e.g. this SURELY happens if You try to instantly trigger an enemy).

TombWare
19-01-15, 14:54
And the placed trigger, I understand, is of course for the flipeffect itself, and not for the LARA_START_POS object? Sorry for these questions, but the setup visually appears correct, and I don't know what else could be wrong.

Well I am using "ngle.exe" and the window looks like this. It's on an empty square and no other trigger.
http://i.imgur.com/1t5C1c2.png

^ The Object code bits for LARA_START_POS 1 2 3 4 5 shouldn't be pressed... :ponder:
I usually preform those triggers without them pressed.

Sorry, that was I testing whether it would make a difference or not. I already tried them without pressed before, just tried again, doesn't work.

Does the WAD need anything special for this, like is there some updated WADs specific for NG editor?

Raider99
19-01-15, 15:01
Does the WAD need anything special for this, like is there some updated WADs specific for NG editor?

No actually, have you tried doing this in another project?

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:07
No actually, have you tried doing this in another project?

Tried using catacomb.wad and still doesn't work. Does it work with your NG?

Is there anything concerning script.dat for flipeffects?

Raider99
19-01-15, 15:09
It works perfectly fine for me... That's really strange... :(
There must be some mistake for sure, but try doing it from scratch, just in case.

EDIT: Ooh also, this may sound dumb, but how is your room textured? :p Because, if you used all the same textures, you wouldn't really notice if Lara got moved (except small flickering).

EDIT2: Welcome to forums anyway! :wve:

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:16
It works perfectly fine for me... That's really strange... :(
There must be some mistake for sure, but try doing it from scratch, just in case.

Well that small room was from scratch after failing to do it in another small project, dang.

The installation of NG center thingy didn't go well so I just copied 4-5 NG files from a rar archive (tomb4.exe, ng_Tom2Pc.exe, ngle.exe, Objects.h, Tomb_NextGeneration.dll) into trle folder. Could that be the reason? I doubt it but NG might be needing another file perhaps?

EDIT: The room is textured differently and thanks :)

EDIT 2: Title says NGLE 1.2.2.6 btw, is it old version? (Though it shouldn't matter since it appears in the drop down but just in case)

Raider99
19-01-15, 15:30
It is old version, but it shouldn't matter. :o (Newest one is 1.2.2.7+)
This is just guessing now, but did you use any flip-maps? In case you flipped the room before entering and put the trigger in un-flipped room and not in flipped room.

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:38
No flipmaps I think. I uploaded the PRJ file, could you check it with your active wad and textures?

AAAAAAA.PRJ (http://wikisend.com/download/552738/AAAAAAA.PRJ)

(Then again, maybe items will not show without wad.)

Raider99
19-01-15, 15:42
Works fine for me... :ponder:
I really can't think of anything else. :(
So... you're stepping over tile where trigger is or object?

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:44
Works fine for me... :ponder:
I really can't think of anything else. :(
So... you're stepping over tile where trigger is or object?

I believe I should step on where the trigger is but I also stepped on where LARAPOS object is, doesn't matter.

Thanks, I guess I messed up something with my TRLE installation. Weird.

OS is Windows 7 64bit and CPU is AMD, I wonder if that's the problem.

AODfan
19-01-15, 15:45
Are you converting your level with the ng_Tom2Pc.exe?

Titak
19-01-15, 15:45
Welcome to this forum, TombWare! :wve:

Since you are using TRNG, it is better to post your questions in the TRNG section (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40) in the future. :D

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:48
Are you converting your level with the ng_Tom2Pc.exe?

Yes.

Welcome to this forum, TombWare! :wve:

Since you are using TRNG, it is better to post your questions in the TRNG section (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40) in the future. :D

Thanks. Didn't notice it had separate place.

Shauni
19-01-15, 15:50
I think the TRNG section should be merged into here honestly. I always forget to look in there. I think pretty much everyone has moved up to the TRNG now. :ponder:

Raider99
19-01-15, 15:51
Yes.

Well, I honestly think you should try installing TRNG again. It should work, not sure why it doesn't for many people... :/ From where did you download it?

DJ Full
19-01-15, 15:52
In any case, I would recommend to first update NG_Center to the latest version so we can get many things identical. Open the NG_Center > Go to Updates tab > Check for available updates.

TombWare
19-01-15, 15:57
Well, I honestly think you should try installing TRNG again. It should work, not sure why it doesn't for many people... :/ From where did you download it?

http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm I got the zip. Will try the installer now.

MBog
19-01-15, 15:59
Is it possible to add bubbles / flames to lara s back when she is in water? Like in the Deepsea Dive level from tr5 , i saw something similar in Hyper Square by psiko...

Titak
19-01-15, 16:07
I think that psiko used the TRNG AddEffect for that.

TombWare
19-01-15, 16:41
When I run level editor from NG Center window and press Face Edit, the main 3D panel goes all white. It doesn't do that when ngle.exe directly run, weird.

I tried many times but I got weird errors here or there. It said some files were missing like "help_old_commands" or something.

Anyway, I'll just give up on this for now. I am curious though, do any of you have windows 7 64bit? I used to have XP months ago, maybe I should go back to that next time I format. Less problems since I don't install newer programs/games. Or maybe 32bit.

Raider99
19-01-15, 16:56
No, no, don't give up, you're close! :p
As far as I know, the white screen happens if you don't use Compatibility mode, as I don't have these problem, not sure which one you should use. (someone said Windows 95/Me I think...)
About the old commands, there are more .txt files that are needed in Reference tab in TRNG which is REALLY useful as it contains information for EVERY command that exists, new or old. :)

Help files (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/113132462/Help%20files.rar)

Here are all files I have, you should extract them to NG center installation folder. :)
Good luck! :tmb:

TombWare
19-01-15, 17:16
With those help files added, NG Centre opens without any warnings but teleport still doesn't work.

Is there anyone with Windows 7 64bit? If not, I'll assume it's related to that. I found a "new_64_TOMB4.exe" and tried running that but still no teleport.

Raider99
19-01-15, 17:32
^ I had it once before, but I don't think that's causing the problem as there are people around using Win8 64 bit.. Ok, try making new wad and then new project and see if it works, just load tut1.wad or anything else you didn't use. :o

DJ Full
19-01-15, 17:38
I'm on Win7 64 and never had any problems with teleport. Your project is fine. Your setup is fine. The default catacomb wad should be fine either but I recommend to use the revised one from resources page of skribblerz.com (the revised wads have all Lara's animations included).

I would uninstall the Level Editor completely, removing all traces of it. Then, get the official editor from core's site and run all parts of installation process in XP compatibility and as Administrator. Only when this is done, I would move to installing the TRNG overlay.

TombWare
19-01-15, 17:39
^ I had it once before, but I don't think that's causing the problem as there are people around using Win8 64 bit.. Ok, try making new wad and then new project and see if it works, just load tut1.wad or anything else you didn't use. :o

I tried with catacombs and didn't help. Also programs seem to work normally so I need someone with 64bit specifically testing this teleport feature. The way it achieves that effect might be incompatible with 64bit, just incase.

@DJ Full Ok thanks for confirmation. By the way, TR Chronicles had a move, when you are ducking near an edge you could just jump down below without having to turn around. Would those add that move as well?

skylark1121
19-01-15, 17:43
I'm having an issue with the SKY_GRAPHICS. For some reason, they are not working. :p I have the SKY_GRAPHICS added to the wad, Horizon=ENABLED in the script (and Layer1,Layer2 commands). I have textured the ceiling black, but the SKY_GRAPHICS don't show up. :/ I've used them before, so I don't know why they suddenly don't work. Anyone else had this issue?

TombWare
19-01-15, 17:46
I'm having an issue with the SKY_GRAPHICS. For some reason, they are not working. :p I have the SKY_GRAPHICS added to the wad, Horizon=ENABLED in the script (and Layer1,Layer2 commands). I have textured the ceiling black, but the SKY_GRAPHICS don't show up. :/ I've used them before, so I don't know why they suddenly don't work. Anyone else had this issue?

Ceiling should be painted with Transparent button pressed and then select a color from below.

Raider99
19-01-15, 17:47
By the way, TR Chronicles had a move, when you are ducking near an edge you could just jump down below without having to turn around. Would those add that move as well?

Now this is TRNG related, so it should be posed in TRNG chat thread, but anyway, with revised wads (which are recommended, but they broke my wads :eek:, so I use one of Po Yu's outfits with revised Lara included) you'll need a script so Lara is able to preform it... And that's one move into scripting world of TRNG. :p You can find a tutorial and ready script here so you can easily understand them.

TRNG Animation Scripting (http://www.skribblerz.com/nglemanual2/ngle108x.html)

You need the Roll out of crawlspace one. :) It's near the bottom of the page. This new Skribblerz got a bit messy...

skylark1121
19-01-15, 17:50
Ceiling should be painted with Transparent button pressed and then select a color from below.

Yes, I've been using the transparent button. I've tried it with both transparent black and magenta, but still no luck. :p

Joey79100
19-01-15, 17:54
Just the moving clouds or the whole horizon?
EDIT: Not sure it works with transparent textures. Use the first black colour of the palette instead (or at least once in the room if you want to use transparent texture one day).

@TombWare: It's definately not a 64-bit related issue. I have a 64-bit computer (Windows 8.1) and the huge amount of teleportings I'm using in several levels (just for me, they won't be for players) are working perfectly.
I think some people here are using Windows 7 64-bit, but I've never heard about an issue like that. It might be exclusive to you, but then why?
Welcome here by the way. :D

Something completely unrelated. What's the White Light for exactly? I tried triggering it, it doens't do anything (while RED_LIGHT, GREEN_LIGHT, BLUE_LIGHT, AMBER_LIGHT and BLIKING_LIGHT worked). It seems there are OCBs, that it's for a neon-like light (I've read this in the OCB thread of the tutorial section), but it doesn't do anything for me... :ponder:
It's not a big deal I can use other object and AddEffect with TRNG anyway.

skylark1121
19-01-15, 19:16
Just the moving clouds or the whole horizon?
EDIT: Not sure it works with transparent textures. Use the first black colour of the palette instead (or at least once in the room if you want to use transparent texture one day)

Just the moving clouds--the horizon works fine. And still no luck after turning the transparent button off. :o

Joey79100
19-01-15, 19:19
Maybe your horizon is just not compatible with moving clouds. You downloaded it? If yes, can you show the link?

Make sure the upper faces are set to transparent in StrPix (only the last row should usually).

TombWare
20-01-15, 16:07
I think I found my real problem. It is not the teleport, none of the flipeffects work for me, not even oldflip ones.

Why might this be?

It can't be the editor can it? I am also using NG_Tom2Pc and Tomb4.exe is the one that came with NGLE so hmm...

THOR2010
21-01-15, 02:05
Asked this question before, and i still have not figured out whats causing it, what would cause the game to crash\freeze just by pressing the action button in a select few rooms?

MBog
22-01-15, 13:34
Is it possible to have in TRLE the hydro propeller ( underwater jet ) from tr3?
http://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/Underwater_Propulsion_Unit

Raider99
22-01-15, 13:55
^ No, not really, unfortunately. :( I like it a lot too... Still not sure if Paolone will get it to work with TRNG in upcoming version, or we'll have to do it on our own with TRNG SDK. :)

Delta
24-01-15, 15:21
Don't know where to post this ... isn't there a thread like "Script Showcase" or something? XD

I was able to make a good working MP5/HK in the Revolver Slot, here is a video :)

watch?v=YxaqXMPdBOY

THOR2010
24-01-15, 15:53
thats beautiful, seems to work alot better than when i put the gunflash on the crossbow slot!

Titak
24-01-15, 15:56
That's really great!
Well done! :tmb:

Krystian
24-01-15, 15:56
Wow, that's really cool! But I suppose it's more than just TRNG scripting, right? :p

Raider99
24-01-15, 16:04
Ooh, that's nice indeed! :tmb:
Much better, like TR3, having 1 ammo type unlike Crossbow slot with 3 ammo types... :p
So, there is no chance to make Lara look through laser-sight using some kind of conditions, if standing, shooting with X weapon? (Still, how would you preform new animation, if it's possible messing with that slot)

Delta
24-01-15, 16:55
The only problem is that the gun flash changes also for the enemies XD

thats beautiful, seems to work alot better than when i put the gunflash on the crossbow slot!
How did you put the gunflash on the crossbow? :confused:

That's really great!
Well done! :tmb:
Thank you Titak :D

Wow, that's really cool! But I suppose it's more than just TRNG scripting, right? :p
Nope :p It's just TRNG scripting :)

Ooh, that's nice indeed! :tmb:
Much better, like TR3, having 1 ammo type unlike Crossbow slot with 3 ammo types... :p
So, there is no chance to make Lara look through laser-sight using some kind of conditions, if standing, shooting with X weapon? (Still, how would you preform new animation, if it's possible messing with that slot)
Uhm I think it could be possible placing the animation in the slot LARA and enable it when Lara shoots with the MP5. It's not so simple since we haven't full control on weapons animations :o

Raider99
24-01-15, 17:50
Uhm I think it could be possible placing the animation in the slot LARA and enable it when Lara shoots with the MP5. It's not so simple since we haven't full control on weapons animations :o

I can't test it as you haven't shared it yet, but maybe, what if you try adding new animation to Shotgun_Anim slot that will behave like the original? But I remember some issues occur if you force Weapon_Slot animation... :o

EDIT: Just noticed Lara doesn't have head in these slots, not sure if it will work if adding one in Strpix... :p

THOR2010
25-01-15, 21:48
Got a question about the neck joint. iv'e noticed that every other joint mesh on newer outfits has many more faces and vertexes than the default TR4 model, apart from the neck which seems to always stay the same basic shape
http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b631/allatifrit/Capture_zps59f4c145.jpg
is there a specific reason for this? like it has to be this way, or can the neck mesh have more points?

Titak
26-01-15, 12:31
The neck can have more vertices.
I've tried it by adding a tube for Lara's scuba gear and it works. :D

dcw123
26-01-15, 14:51
Wow Delta, that TR3 level and MP5 looks amazing - will you release this to the public at some point?

I know the TR3 machine gun has been put on the net, but I forget if they look as ''genuine TR3'' as yours - if thats the right wording..
Yours looks more natural and like the original..

MBog
26-01-15, 17:11
How can I change the distance of lara s jump? ( performing a stand jump takes 2 squares, i want it it change in 4 squares) ??

THOR2010
27-01-15, 19:21
oh wow 4 squares, super lara! Iv'e done it with my lara, just in reverse, less jumping distance, i'll send u a PM later detailing how:)

as for my question, is there a way to export an object from stripix to meta, mirror that object then re-import it back to stripix with correctly mirrored textures?

-Roli-
27-01-15, 19:27
as for my question, is there a way to export an object from stripix to meta, mirror that object then re-import it back to stripix with correctly mirrored textures?

Yes! :D
But it's easier. :) Copy the default mesh to your WAD again, and there's a function in Strpix which mirror the object itself. :)
Edit -> Mirror mesh -> YZ

THOR2010
27-01-15, 19:49
oh lol, ty, never thought stripix could do that!

MBog
28-01-15, 15:04
Thanks THOR it worked!
----------
I have a new question: How can I make that thunderbolt ( the blue thing that comes from the sky in TR4 ) more "HD" ?

THOR2010
28-01-15, 15:11
change the lighting sprite in the default sprites to a more hq one

Joey79100
28-01-15, 16:34
Uh... There's a sprite for the lightning? I thought it was only brightness of the default sky texture that was just higher for the thunders... Or maybe I missed something?

Titak
28-01-15, 20:52
Yes, there is a sprite for the lightning bolt.
You know, the thing that you can make come out of the flame-emitter3 and the lightning-conductor for example. :D

As for the lightning up in the sky, I don't think you can change anything about that effect. :ponder:

MBog
29-01-15, 07:03
Thank you all for the answers
-----------------
Another question : if you take a look at the LEGO outfit on trsearch , you will see that the LARA object is smaller than the original, is there any way to make it bigger( like the original )? I don t want to copy a normal LARA , I have a small Lara obj with some great animations and I want to make it normal ( keeping the animations ) .

ggctuk
29-01-15, 08:27
Is there any particular reason McAfee believes there's artemis virus infections in some of my tomb4.exe files? Looks like this covers tomb4 files modified by both the old TREP and the new FLEP.

Titak
29-01-15, 08:37
It's a false positive.
There are a couple more anti-virus programs that give this false positive, like Avast and AVG.
But there's nothing wrong with the tomb4.exe.

ggctuk
29-01-15, 08:40
It's a false positive.
There are a couple more anti-virus programs that give this false positive, like Avast and AVG.
But there's nothing wrong with the tomb4.exe.

I didn't think there was. So what I'm doing in the meantime is excluding those folders from scheduled scans.

Titak
29-01-15, 12:52
That's indeed what we are all doing. :D

.:Tirivol:.
29-01-15, 14:03
Hi guys! I really wanna comeback to the TRLE but it seems i can't make the installation work:P
I'm on Windows 7 x64 can you pls give me the links to all the files i need to install in order?

Thank you!

Edit: I made a new thread

Delta
29-01-15, 16:51
I can't test it as you haven't shared it yet, but maybe, what if you try adding new animation to Shotgun_Anim slot that will behave like the original? But I remember some issues occur if you force Weapon_Slot animation... :o

EDIT: Just noticed Lara doesn't have head in these slots, not sure if it will work if adding one in Strpix... :p
The head is in LARA_SKIN and LARA_SCREAM slots, the weapons slots only contain the weapons hand meshes, the weapon on Lara's back and the animations.
Anyway I think I cannot do anything with weapons animations, we still cannot have full control on them.

Wow Delta, that TR3 level and MP5 looks amazing - will you release this to the public at some point?

I know the TR3 machine gun has been put on the net, but I forget if they look as ''genuine TR3'' as yours - if thats the right wording..
Yours looks more natural and like the original..
Eheheh thank you :D
I'm not going to release it at the moment, I want to use it for a level, then probably I'll release it if you want ;)

Richard_trle
31-01-15, 03:05
hi there, how can I extract textures from a uvmap in metasequoia? I want the texture into their quad format so I can texturize them with strpix, it would save a lot of time

Axelia
31-01-15, 06:39
hi there, how can I extract textures from a uvmap in metasequoia? I want the texture into their quad format so I can texturize them with strpix, it would save a lot of time

Have you seen this? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208076

With this technique you can import Baked Uv to Strpix
Or you can do the Uv map in Meta2tr and use the Latest Wadmerger TRNG fixer
and import the uv mapped object with the help of TRViewer (I succeeded on simple objects but not on Outfit thought)
It can be ok at some point but it can turn in a total mess

DJ Full
31-01-15, 11:39
Hello People :)

I have a trouble with static objects losing their built-in shading. This is the standard Venice table:

http://imageupload.pl/photos/20150131142270733196293.jpg

After exporting it from Strpix (revision 15) to Meta, making just few texture/polygon changes (no matter how random) and importing the table back to the wad, it loses all shadows:

http://imageupload.pl/photos/20150131142270733182273.jpg

What am I doing wrong?

Titak
31-01-15, 11:41
Use STRPix Light Editor on it to give it shadows and highlights. :D
The lighting is lost when exporting to Meta.

Richard_trle
31-01-15, 12:50
Have you seen this? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=208076

With this technique you can import Baked Uv to Strpix
Or you can do the Uv map in Meta2tr and use the Latest Wadmerger TRNG fixer
and import the uv mapped object with the help of TRViewer (I succeeded on simple objects but not on Outfit thought)
It can be ok at some point but it can turn in a total mess

So there is no plugin or technique to export the uvmap as sliced textures with Meta?

THOR2010
31-01-15, 14:19
nope sorry, not as far as i know anyway, but the blender technique previously mentioned is incredibly easy to do:)

Underhoe
31-01-15, 19:12
Are the newer versions of Metasequoia compatible with LE? My computer has been reinstalled and I had an ancient version of Meta, now I'm trying to gather all the needed programs but not sure which version is good for me.

EDIT : Forum effect, I actually have it installed still.

So my real question now : How do you guys make sure the object's size the exact same as you want? Am I the only one who keeps going back to alter the size a hundred times? It's probably the most time-consuming part of the whole process. What are the exact umbers for one LE block anyway?

TombWare
31-01-15, 19:38
What are the exact umbers for one LE block anyway?

I don't know about other programs but with Blender, it's 1024.

Titak
31-01-15, 20:23
Depending on the scale you have going in Meta, it is also 1024 or 102.4 or 10.24
When exporting meshes to MQO, it is 1024 in my case.

klona
01-02-15, 08:42
Guys, I'm still having problems with installing the editor on Windows 8.1, the installer keeps saying it didn't find the correct OS. :(

DJ Full
01-02-15, 10:17
Use STRPix Light Editor on it to give it shadows and highlights.Just like that? Oh. :D

Titak
01-02-15, 11:30
Yep, just like that. :D

In case you need it: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=124039

Sabatu
01-02-15, 12:13
Hi, I have originlal wads + textures from SteamPunk BTB from TRForge.
But I need original script in txt , Where I can found it . or where I can find program , wich convert SCR.DAT to scr.txt ?

Dustie
01-02-15, 13:15
Guys, I'm still having problems with installing the editor on Windows 8.1, the installer keeps saying it didn't find the correct OS. :(

Which installer are you running? The old, original one, the version from tombraiderchronicles.com or the NGLE installer?

klona
01-02-15, 13:22
Which installer are you running? The old, original one, the version from tombraiderchronicles.com or the NGLE installer?

I'm trying to install the one from tombraiderchronicles.com, because shouldn't I have the original TRLE first to have TRNG?

Titak
01-02-15, 13:24
Perhaps that's a difference. :ponder:
I'm always using the disk that came with TRC.

klona
02-02-15, 08:48
^ I'm gonna try that when I'm home. If it didn't work, I'll have no choice but to copy it from my old laptop to my new one.

THOR2010
07-02-15, 19:09
iv'e been editing the grab position anim commands on my lara object for shorter jump distances and it's worked wonderfully, i even lowered the height of jump straight up, though i can't seem to change the animation where lara is against a wall, and pressing forward and action makes her jump up and grab a ledge, editing the grab position on this anim doesn't change how high she can actually go? the anim im talking about is number 26. is there some hardcoded stuff involved with that anim?

Krystian
07-02-15, 20:07
Yup, it's hardcoded.
There have been some attempts for workarounds, but they aren't without their bugs or drawbacks.

The best you can do at the moment is using Animation scripts with conditions about the block height (ENV_SUPPORT_IN_FRONT) to redirect Lara from anim 26 to some other animation (for example to the normal "straight up" jump).
I've personally tried to lead to the standing anim (103), but it turns out that it grants lara a "super jump" the next time she jumps. I haven't been able to resolve this matter yet...

MBog
07-02-15, 21:30
Is it possible to make the flare to follow lara s hand in the running animation ( tr2/tr3 ) instead of lara keeping it up (tr4) ?

Athukraz
07-02-15, 21:43
I played many customs and I can't remember anyone doing that.. I don't know really but that's an interesting question. :tmb:

Titak
07-02-15, 21:54
The only thing I can think of is to NOT use the FLARE_ANIM object.
But instead use a mesh swap for Lara's hand and add a light effect to it with AddEffect=.
Kinda like the setup for a PLS attached to Lara's chest, only now the light is attached to her hand and the meshswap of the hand is used.
Flares should not be put in the FLARE_INV_ITEM slot either but in another slot.
And I guess it won't be possible to throw a flare away with this setup.

(All using TRNG ofcourse)

An the more I think about it the more complicated it becomes... if you want it to work exactly like the regular flares.

Oh wait... what would happen if you use Command3 in the flare animations? :ponder:
Command3 is the same as "set free hands" in any animation= commands...

sackboy123
10-02-15, 20:11
Just a small question, would it be possible to use TREP to fix the Holster bug for TR4, I tried and had no luck

aidanmalone
10-02-15, 21:07
Just a small question, would it be possible to use TREP to fix the Holster bug for TR4, I tried and had no luck

I think it's hardcoded /: Unless there's something on TRSearch that fixes it?

sackboy123
10-02-15, 21:08
I used a TRLE exe and edited it with TREP and I had weapons in holsters the only problem was there wasn't any Ingame sound -_-

aidanmalone
10-02-15, 21:16
Use WADmerger sound manager and see if the holsters in and out sounds are ticked :)

sackboy123
10-02-15, 21:21
No I mean no sound what so ever from anything, it's silent XD :vlol:

Never mind it still failed -_-

Tombraider95
12-02-15, 10:35
The TR2 rolling blades work fine on first playthrough but if I save and reload, they change position so they go into the wall instead. :ponder: Any solutions?

Titak
12-02-15, 11:49
I guess it depends on how they are set up now. :ponder:

Tombraider95
12-02-15, 12:02
I guess it depends on how they are set up now. :ponder:

They're in the Seth blade slot and are just triggered normally. Perhaps moving them to another slot?

Titak
12-02-15, 13:00
Perhaps it is not really the slot itself but it could also be the triggering. I suppose they play an animation when triggered?
Perhaps, if you are using TRNG that is, you could use Action>Move triggers to move them.

Kinda difficult to tell really.

Tombraider95
12-02-15, 13:31
Perhaps it is not really the slot itself but it could also be the triggering. I suppose they play an animation when triggered?
Perhaps, if you are using TRNG that is, you could use Action>Move triggers to move them.

Kinda difficult to tell really.

When I reload they start again at different points so it's hard to move them as I won't know where abouts they're when you reload. :ponder:

Titak
12-02-15, 13:41
No, I was thinking about placing them and then using the Action>Move triggers to move them back and forth using an Organizer.
Perhaps with this setup they are savegame stable. :ponder:

Isn't there also a way to "fix" an item's position when saving the game? :ponder:
Something with loading variables/savegame memory... No idea really.
AkyV might know something about that. (Best to go ask in the TRNG section then. Not sure if he checks this thread.)

Tombraider95
12-02-15, 13:43
No, I was thinking about placing them and then using the Action>Move triggers to move them back and forth using an Organizer.
Perhaps with this setup they are savegame stable. :ponder:

Isn't there also a way to "fix" an item's position when saving the game? :ponder:
Something with loading variables/savegame memory... No idea really.
AkyV might know something about that. (Best to go ask in the TRNG section then. Not sure if he checks this thread.)

Ah right okay! I will ask :D