PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

KurtisandLara
30-07-16, 20:41
I'm using these TR3 textures:

[IMG]

Everything is working just fine, except the waterfall texture and i have no idea why this is happening, any help? :confused:

This happened to me aswell so I had to revert to TR4 water/fall textures.
EDIT:
ok everyone this is finally up.
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=215643

Xopax
30-07-16, 20:46
This happened to me aswell so I had to revert to TR4 water/fall textures.

Ok, thanks. Guess i will just resize then to 64x64 textures.

KurtisandLara
30-07-16, 20:47
Will that work? When I resize textures they no longer want to animate.

Xopax
30-07-16, 20:53

I will try. :o

Tombraiderplay
30-07-16, 22:30

here too :o its so stupid ... how do you animate big textures ???

God Horus
30-07-16, 23:53
You animate big texture the same way as those older ones.

Tombraiderplay
30-07-16, 23:53
You animate big texture the same way as those older ones.

didn't exactly work with me

Xopax
31-07-16, 00:02
didn't exactly work with me

If you are using 128x128 textures then you need to use MapConverter.

Tombraiderplay
31-07-16, 00:03
If you are using 128x128 textures then you need to use MapConverter.

oh thanks

KurtisandLara
31-07-16, 19:04
I have a question.
Where do I start with fixing my sounds in my level.
I'm having the usual problems (wrong sounds playing, wrong pitches on some).
I tried SFXManager and all that did was completely wipe all my sounds so I had to go to a backup lol.

Titak
31-07-16, 19:20
I always use TRLE Sound Editor these days. (does the same thing as SFX Manager though)
You load the sounds.txt in there and go from there: adding sounds and removing sounds for your wad.

I even have seperate sounds.txt files for each level.

KurtisandLara
31-07-16, 19:28
I always use TRLE Sound Editor these days. (does the same thing as SFX Manager though)
You load the sounds.txt in there and go from there: adding sounds and removing sounds for your wad.

I even have seperate sounds.txt files for each level.

Fantastic! Thank you Ill start there :).

Shakira Croft
31-07-16, 20:10
Hey guys,

I'm having a weird bug since yesterday: every time I stack two or more rooms (if there is a vertical door) the game crashes if I press action + forward in game. I didn't add any object nor new texture or sounds since the bug occured. It happens only in the new rooms, the game runs perfectly well in all the other rooms though...

I don't know if this is a known bug :confused:

Niveus
31-07-16, 20:18
Immediate random thought: you have an animation which relies on some environment condition? And your new rooms somehow confuses/bugs out the environment condition?

Trapdoors? Badly connected portals?

Other than that no idea.

Shakira Croft
31-07-16, 20:26
Nothing like that, and as it's my level for the 20 yars challenge there is nothing in the objects, textures or script that could impact on that bug as I'm using a mix between catacombs, karnak et cleopatra wads and tetures.

That's so weird. I think I'll have to restart everything.

A_De
02-08-16, 05:52
Does anybody know how to use SWD editor by champ? I tried to oped SWDs of my wads, but the program shows that the bitmaps are 1x1 pixels there (which isn't true, of course). Could not find any way to add 128x128 custom sprites to my wads. Tried the TRNG's sprite editor tool, but it imports textures in a weird way, i.e. resizes them to the size they existed in wad. Any help please?

AODfan
02-08-16, 12:13
That bug happened to me on the latest version (I believe it's 1.3?). I went back to an earlier version and it works fine :)
In case the download link is gone, I uploaded it here again (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47618398/Temp/SWDEdit.rar).

GeekOfComedy
02-08-16, 14:48
I was just wondering if in WadMerger it's position to set one "position" for all frames.

http://i.imgur.com/uKRve89.png

I want to drag her back down to the bottom but there's so many frames that if I set a position for all frames it will lock her from walking across the grid. Is there a way I can keep Lara moving but lock down one of the positions for all frames? :)

P.S (That cutscene may be or may not be an iconic TR4 one which I want to integrate in to my TR20 level) :jmp:

Joey79100
02-08-16, 15:19
WadMerger can't do that. But Krystian's tools (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213411) are what you're looking for.
Just export your animation to a .TRW file (you might need to close and re-open WadMerger before doing that, because sometimes it produces wrong .TRW files), drag the file to the repositioning tool and type your offset. Then import your animation back to your Wad and voilą. :D

Raider99
02-08-16, 15:23
^ No, you'd have to manually set position for each frame... but... be sure to check these amazing tools by Krystian, they will come in handy for sure! ;)

TRW Animation Utilities (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213411)

EDIT: Oh, Joey was faster :p

KurtisandLara
02-08-16, 17:45
Could anyone send me the original font.pc (this idiot accidently deleted his :rolleyes:)

A_De
03-08-16, 06:27
That bug happened to me on the latest version (I believe it's 1.3?). I went back to an earlier version and it works fine :)
In case the download link is gone, I uploaded it here again (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47618398/Temp/SWDEdit.rar).
Thank you so much! :hug:
It works now :)

@Kurtisandlara: here (https://temp-share.com/f/jolcxouvyj/f497b3336892d23f24489bb9bfe2dc6d165b75cd7ad8d2cfc5 fd2e49c18771c2) :)

dcw123
03-08-16, 12:19
OK so still kinda a noob when it comes to using 3D in Meta.

How on earth can I make a curved pipe - without splitting it into triangles and without having 'bent' polygons which go invisible.

Really bugs me, I tried grabbing an edge and rotating it 30 degrees or so, little by little, but the curve doesn't really work that well. Have I missed something?

I'm positive most of Core's objects have curves in them and things, without having triangle meshes..

Joey79100
03-08-16, 12:59
I'm not sure of what you mean... But if you mean bending an object without making new polygons, then it's purely impossible. :confused:

Mordyga
03-08-16, 14:09
Can't find the EditWad thread so asking here. Whenever I want to import edited mesh in EditWad i get "Error parsing MQO file.", I tried various Meta versions but no luck. Anyone had errors like that and know the fixing?

DJ Full
03-08-16, 17:15
Any chance the object is a multiplier of 256 vertices?

THOR2010
03-08-16, 17:39
i got that error a while back when i was using an older version of edit wad and a more recent meta version, after i got the newest version of edit wad it never happened again

Mordyga
03-08-16, 19:06
Any chance the object is a multiplier of 256 vertices?

It is the tent from TR3 India cutscene so no :o

i got that error a while back when i was using an older version of edit wad and a more recent meta version, after i got the newest version of edit wad it never happened again

I think that's it. I used the lastes Stripx to do the job, thanks anyway :D

dcw123
04-08-16, 09:29
I'm not sure of what you mean... But if you mean bending an object without making new polygons, then it's purely impossible. :confused:

I wanna know how to make curves basically.. without distorting polygons and making them broken (none flat polygons/triangles)
Something like this for example

NVM - figured it out.. thing is - the polygons still look kind of distorted. Is there any way to tell if they are flat or not? Maybe in StrPix?
I know there is a 'triangle type' view.

On the left is one I made - on the right is one I imported from TR3 - the TR3 one is notable flat and I know will be OK.
The one I made however, might not have flat polygons - I'm not sure..

http://i.imgur.com/53jMjbE.jpg

Not sure if this is a thing - but triangle type shows the faces as white - which I'm assuming means they're flat? right?

Titak
04-08-16, 10:12
They look flat to me, considering how the tube was made.
But you can always triangulate the faces to make sure they appear properly ingame.

As for knowing if they are flat or not, I always rotated the object in Meta and look at the faces the same way a carpenter does to see if a wooden beam is straight or not.
Works for me. :D

Piega
04-08-16, 10:32
I wanna know how to make curves basically.. without distorting polygons and making them broken (none flat polygons/triangles)
Something like this for example

NVM - figured it out.. thing is - the polygons still look kind of distorted. Is there any way to tell if they are flat or not? Maybe in StrPix?
I know there is a 'triangle type' view.

On the left is one I made - on the right is one I imported from TR3 - the TR3 one is notable flat and I know will be OK.
The one I made however, might not have flat polygons - I'm not sure..

http://i.imgur.com/53jMjbE.jpg

Not sure if this is a thing - but triangle type shows the faces as white - which I'm assuming means they're flat? right?

Pre-defined objects from the primitive panel dont have bend faces so no worries for that.

MBog
04-08-16, 10:40
I m having a hard time making a city level, so I m looking for some advice :D
At some point, Lara is going to go above the city and I want it to be as open as an actual city, not like 2-3 open places with streets and cars and then only sewers sections or the gameplay is taking place in 1 building.

Having this in mind, I can t think of any gameplay or rooms to build.
Are you still with me? :p

Titak
04-08-16, 10:52
Perhaps you should pick another theme then? :p

I guess the gameplay and the rooms to build depend on what kind of city you want.
TR3 style London, AOD style backstreets of Paris, TRL modern Tokyo, whatever.

See, if a city has skyscrapers you could climb to the top of a building, kinda liek in TRL Tokyo. Gameplay could involve having to break into a building or office in that building (hack security system, open an airduct, break/cut bulletproof glass, make it to the roof and climb down to some window using fire escape ladders or a window washer thingy that can move up and down, etc)

In a city where you want to be on ground level for most of the time, different offices or shops could provide items for Lara to use.

Gosh, no idea really... :ponder:

dcw123
04-08-16, 11:19
I m having a hard time making a city level, so I m looking for some advice :D
At some point, Lara is going to go above the city and I want it to be as open as an actual city, not like 2-3 open places with streets and cars and then only sewers sections or the gameplay is taking place in 1 building.

Having this in mind, I can t think of any gameplay or rooms to build.
Are you still with me? :p

Hmm.. you mean something like TRL Japan - where you can see all the building, to give the illusion - but can only explore a few of them..
Or are you wanting a big open world level?
TRLE might struggle if there is too much on show at any one time.
Not to mention the fact you'd be limited on objects and textures.

If your wanting a really big level - I'd personally 'split' the level into 2 or 3 mini levels like TR4 Coastal did. Giving the illusion they are one really big level.

That way, you could have specific objects/texture for each sector - one may have a big office building, another might have a shopping mall with shops inside Lara can explore? Another may have a park and some sewers??
Just an idea?

MBog
04-08-16, 12:19
Perhaps you should pick another theme then? :p

I guess the gameplay and the rooms to build depend on what kind of city you want.
TR3 style London, AOD style backstreets of Paris, TRL modern Tokyo, whatever.

See, if a city has skyscrapers you could climb to the top of a building, kinda liek in TRL Tokyo. Gameplay could involve having to break into a building or office in that building (hack security system, open an airduct, break/cut bulletproof glass, make it to the roof and climb down to some window using fire escape ladders or a window washer thingy that can move up and down, etc)

In a city where you want to be on ground level for most of the time, different offices or shops could provide items for Lara to use.

Gosh, no idea really... :ponder:

I m using textures from Angel of Darkness, but the gameplay here is just controling Lara :p + in my level she is not followed by a helicopter.
I m having a hard time finding what those objects could be and where they could be used :ponder:
But your ideas are really helpful, especially the bulletproof glass one. Thank you! :hug:

Hmm.. you mean something like TRL Japan - where you can see all the building, to give the illusion - but can only explore a few of them..
Or are you wanting a big open world level?
TRLE might struggle if there is too much on show at any one time.
Not to mention the fact you'd be limited on objects and textures.

If your wanting a really big level - I'd personally 'split' the level into 2 or 3 mini levels like TR4 Coastal did. Giving the illusion they are one really big level.

That way, you could have specific objects/texture for each sector - one may have a big office building, another might have a shopping mall with shops inside Lara can explore? Another may have a park and some sewers??
Just an idea?

I want an open world/hub with this level, but this is part of my problem How do I fill this open world with gameplay that makes Lara adventure 'through' the city and not below/above it (and now someone will say: 'You said she is going to go above the city!!!' :p When you ll play the full game you will see what I actually mean by [I]go[I])
A shopping mall! Now I remember why I watched that Revenge of Osirs! Thank you :hug:

Ok, Now I feel like today when I open the editor Iwill actually build something! :cln: But I m still open for more ideas please!;)

Niveus
05-08-16, 16:09
Anyone ever had a weird bug like this?

Imagine a room with two pools of water in it, and the two surfaces of the pools have a different vertical height, for example pool x (-3) and pool y (1). When Lara jumps into pool y, she doesn't "hit" the water until she is -3 clicks height even though the surface is at 1 clicks high (and there is no stacking in pool y or x). :confused: However she swims up to the surface and swims around in it properly.

I am not bothered if I cannot fix this, because the situation this occurs in for me it is hardly noticeable (Lara only leaving pool y and going into pool x), only if you're bouncing around and testing like I was.

MBog
05-08-16, 16:36
Anyone ever had a weird bug like this?

Imagine a room with two pools of water in it, and the two surfaces of the pools have a different vertical height, for example pool x (-3) and pool y (1). When Lara jumps into pool y, she doesn't "hit" the water until she is -3 clicks height even though the surface is at 1 clicks high (and there is no stacking in pool y or x). :confused: However she swims up to the surface and swims around in it properly.

I am not bothered if I cannot fix this, because the situation this occurs in for me it is hardly noticeable (Lara only leaving pool y and going into pool x), only if you're bouncing around and testing like I was.

Yes, this happened me , I found it strange at first, but I ended up liking it so much! :p

AkyV
05-08-16, 16:50
The water surface always must be the lowest level of the floor of the air room above the surface. Lara always detects the surface at that floor level.

Titak
05-08-16, 17:54
Exactly.
So if you want to have this bug fixed, the dry room should be split into two rooms. One with the watersurface at -3 and the other one with the watersurface at 1. :D

I remember having this situation once. Confused me back then. :D

Niveus
05-08-16, 18:18
Yes, indeed it's that simple then. It didn't occur to me to split the rooms. :p And surprised I never encountered this before.

MBog
05-08-16, 18:24
I know that I should not do this, but it s really urgent, can somebody if how to solve the errors in the open trng chat? :o

VictorXD
05-08-16, 21:20
Hey guys, is the face limit per mesh 255? Or is 255 the max number of vertices?

Titak
05-08-16, 21:25
255 vertices.
Unless you use TRNG, then the limit is much higher.

VictorXD
05-08-16, 21:43
Ah I see!:D Thanks a lot for the help Titak :)

MBog
06-08-16, 11:11
I try to change the title logo in the title screen, but it looks stretched and the edges are not as sharp as in the uklogo.bmp, is there any way to make it look more HD?

Titak
06-08-16, 17:13
The size of the uklogo.bmp is fixed as far as I know.
So you can't use a higher resolution picture for it. :(
So we're stuck with the not so sharp edges and such.

Depending on what your title will be like, perhaps using a 3D object or a flat object textured with 256x256 textures cut from a higher resolution version of your uklogo.bmp could work.
But you'll need a static flyby for this...

Shakira Croft
06-08-16, 18:05
Or you can show a sprite on screen.
With the FSS_SHOW_SPRITE_GRID you could do something nice I think :)

Tombraiderplay
07-08-16, 05:33
Or you can show a sprite on screen.
With the FSS_SHOW_SPRITE_GRID you could do something nice I think :)

1) Is that u in the avatar ?

2) thats TRNG

Shakira Croft
07-08-16, 08:10
My bad I didn't see it was in the TRLE thread :o

And yes it's me.

Tombraiderplay
07-08-16, 08:45
My bad I didn't see it was in the TRLE thread :o

And yes it's me.

Well u look hot and mystery :pi:

Shakira Croft
07-08-16, 15:57
Haha thanks :D

GeekOfComedy
09-08-16, 00:48
What sounds does an earthquake set to OCB 0 have? :confused: It's shaking the screen and making noise as needed but there's like a clicking noise. :hea:

Any ideas?

Also any idea to where I can get TR2 Sound 73 and TR3 Sound 65? Not even sure what they belong to but the map is so close to being finished I'm not gonna mess around now! :D

Mordyga
09-08-16, 11:16
It is TRLE chat, but if you are using TRNG you can use Diagnostic command to look what sound is playing right now.

Can I find the TRIV script in .txt file? I found only the Chronicles one on the forums.

TR-Freak
09-08-16, 13:47
Does someone managed to add Anim Commands via WadMerger? I'm modifying a TR2 File, but TRViewer crashes as soon as I want to edit a Anim Command.

Tombraiderplay
09-08-16, 13:52
Maybe you wanna ask in the modding forum BUT .. i think fexanim will do the trick

TR-Freak
09-08-16, 13:58
Fexanim has nothing to do with Anim Commands

Tombraiderplay
09-08-16, 14:42
Oh good then i should shut up and you should ask in the modding section

tombraiderxii
10-08-16, 04:19
Does anyone know how to fix the Scorpion bug that causes the rendering to corrupt upon certain contact with Lara? And no, removing is not an answer. >_>

sapper
10-08-16, 07:51
I think this bug was caused by some scorpion objects which had wrong animcommands/states or something.

Try different scorpion objects to see if they make a difference.

tombraiderxii
10-08-16, 07:54
I think this bug was caused by some scorpion objects which had wrong animcommands/states or something.

Try different scorpion objects to see if they make a difference.

thanks. I'll give that a try and see what happens.

EDIT: It appears to occur on any scorpion slot that doesnt actually look like a scorpion (ie the TR3 mutants), but it works fine on the scorpions that look like the TR4 model... strange. I wanted to use the TR3 mutant researcher but I guess that's out of the picture :/

Raider99
10-08-16, 17:20
I stumbled across an old thread where one user mentioned using "move to center" command in Meta, does that exist? :ponder: I've been searching since for it, but no luck... That could come in really handy for some objects that are originally not in the middle, so it can be moved to the center.

DJ Full
10-08-16, 17:25
It appears to occur on any scorpion slot that doesnt actually look like a scorpion (ie the TR3 mutants)Have you asked EssGee? He was doing a lot of these conversions, he might know.

I stumbled across an old thread where one user mentioned using "move to center" command in Meta, does that exist?Object > Shift the position

Raider99
10-08-16, 17:26
Object > Shift the position

Oh, amazing, thanks! :hug:

MBog
11-08-16, 19:15
Where can I find the animation of that cutscene where Lara drinks a soda in tr3, High security compund level?
EDIT: Forgot about the CUT folder :p

Where can I find the tool made by Krystian to mirror the animation?
Also is there a way to delete frames from frame A to B without clicking the delete fram a million of times?

GeekOfComedy
11-08-16, 20:01
Where can I find the animation of that cutscene where Lara drinks a soda in tr3, High security compund level?
EDIT: Forgot about the CUT folder :p

Where can I find the tool made by Krystian to mirror the animation?
Also is there a way to delete frames from frame A to B without clicking the delete fram a million of times?

The tools can do it for beginning and end points :D

rufierto
11-08-16, 20:05
Is it possible to make a pushable smaller than the typical square the size of a block, I know I have seen collumns like this, but the base is still the full square size. I have tried, and she has a large gap between her and the item. Is there a way to do this?:confused:

MBog
11-08-16, 20:05
The tools can do it for beginning and end points :D
Thank you! :)
If only I could find them :hea:

Krystian
11-08-16, 20:23
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213411
;)

Titak
11-08-16, 20:51
Is it possible to make a pushable smaller than the typical square the size of a block, I know I have seen collumns like this, but the base is still the full square size. I have tried, and she has a large gap between her and the item. Is there a way to do this?:confused:It is possible to adjust the collisionbox of a pushable.
You can use WADMerger for this. :D

rufierto
11-08-16, 22:21
It is possible to adjust the collisionbox of a pushable.
You can use WADMerger for this. :D

I tried that, her hands are still half a foot away from the pushable, if I make the item larger so that whe would touch it, she does not grab it. Anyone want to take a stab at making what I have a working pushable?

Titak
11-08-16, 23:14
I think I overlooked this part:
but the base is still the full square size

So is it a pillar with a full size square at the bottom? :ponder:
If so then WADMerger will calculate the collision according to the largest shape, in this case the square.
If you'd rather not adjust the collision in the tr4 file using FexAnim, a trick can be used to get the collisionbox to fit the pillar instead of the bottom square: resize the bottom of the pillar and calculate the collisionbox using this smaller base.
Then import the correct, with the full square sized base into the wad with STRPix, but this time do not adjust the collisionbox.
If all goes well, the pushable shoudl have the smaller collisionbox which allows Lara to touch the pillar.

Her feet might go into the base though... :ponder:

rufierto
11-08-16, 23:25
I think I overlooked this part:

So is it a pillar with a full size square at the bottom? :ponder:
If so then WADMerger will calculate the collision according to the largest shape, in this case the square.
If you'd rather not adjust the collision in the tr4 file using FexAnim, a trick can be used to get the collisionbox to fit the pillar instead of the bottom square: resize the bottom of the pillar and calculate the collisionbox using this smaller base.
Then import the correct, with the full square sized base into the wad with STRPix, but this time do not adjust the collisionbox.
If all goes well, the pushable shoudl have the smaller collisionbox which allows Lara to touch the pillar.
Her feet might go into the base though... :ponder:

I figured it out, the top of the pushable stuck out farther than the bottom, which caused the collision to be too large. I went into meta and did a bit of top side adjustment, and it works well enough now. I did not think the top would affect it. Thanks Titak!

DJ Full
12-08-16, 00:24
Just in case, the collision of the pushable has to be symmetrical in order for it to work properly. I only don't know if the axis of X and Z allow different symmetries or if they must be equal.

MBog
12-08-16, 13:37
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213411
;)

Thank you so much! :hug: I knew it was a gift for Christmas, but I thought the name of the thread was Krystian's ...

A_De
12-08-16, 18:39
Just in case, the collision of the pushable has to be symmetrical in order for it to work properly. I only don't know if the axis of X and Z allow different symmetries or if they must be equal.
Not necessary to be equal, I have pushable wardrobe with non-standard collision in my level. I made it's movement is limited to one direction though.

SrDanielPonces
13-08-16, 11:14
Oh god... I lost my script all over again.. wtf... :facepalm:

Tombraiderplay
13-08-16, 13:23
Oh god... I lost my script all over again.. wtf... :facepalm:

Wdf ??? What do you keep doing to lose it ? :confused:

SrDanielPonces
13-08-16, 13:56
Switching the TRLE path in the "settings" :)

Zreen001
13-08-16, 14:08
You, sir, need to use external backups. :)

Joey79100
13-08-16, 17:10
Switching the TRLE path in the "settings" :)

What? Buuuut... That doesn't make you lose your script, you just need to select your other path again, or get into that path yourself and open the Script.TXT file in there. :confused:

SrDanielPonces
13-08-16, 17:16
I did that, went to another path and go back but it was already saved :)

MBog
13-08-16, 19:28
Is there a way to find out where the textures my current project ( opened in ngle ) are located? Something like CTRL+O, but for textures.

Mrshina
13-08-16, 19:38
Is there a way to find out where the textures my current project ( opened in ngle ) are located? Something like CTRL+O, but for textures.

Shift + F1 or help/Info about project
:)

Tombraiderplay
14-08-16, 06:08
I did that, went to another path and go back but it was already saved :)

Well ,, here's a secret : if your using ng- center ( which you are ) everytime you switch the path .... quit then relaunch the center

THOR2010
14-08-16, 20:02
ive hit a snag in my level, there a large area that you have to get to the top by using a few levers to raise and lower hanging cages, it all works fine apart from the fact that the cages have long chains that extend to the top of the area, but cut through the rooms so they flicker in and out of existence when the room they are in isn't visible, how would i get around this, i need some to move all the way from the bottom to the top, but then from the top they wont be visible?

DJ Full
14-08-16, 20:13
I think throwing the chains into animating slot may reduce flickering but there's still a certain distance from the room at which they will disappear. If this happens you need a bunch of chains, one per room, and animate them so they look like one long chain rising.

Raider99
15-08-16, 13:45
Does anyone know how to set the right sound for SENTRY_GUN? For some reason, it plays wrong sound (can't find it right now), and as I looked through sounds.txt, I suppose it should play HECKLER&KOCH_FIRE (koch.wav) in loop, right? It has #g set and I also set letter for my level, but it doesn't work for some reason. :ponder: It plays no sound and then you hear one, the wrong one, then silence again and so on...

Joey79100
15-08-16, 15:33
You can use the Diagnostic mode to see what sounds the engine is playing. :)

Raider99
15-08-16, 16:30
^ Doesn't matter because whatever it plays then is the wrong sound. :p But anyway, it plays LARA_RICOCHET... :confused:

EDIT: Apparently it plays Underwater door sound too, so if I replace it, it plays the correct sound.

EDIT2: Oh, my bad, AUTOGUNS is the right slot, works perfectly now

THOR2010
15-08-16, 19:39
I think throwing the chains into animating slot may reduce flickering but there's still a certain distance from the room at which they will disappear. If this happens you need a bunch of chains, one per room, and animate them so they look like one long chain rising.

i actually found another way, ive slapped them into my excess pushable slots and it seems that slot is perfectly visible no matter how far i move it from its original room with action triggers

Niveus
18-08-16, 00:48
TRSearch is gone? :o

SrDanielPonces
18-08-16, 00:54
apparently

Zreen001
18-08-16, 01:37
Just checked isitdownrightnow and it says either servers are down or they're doing maintenance.

Krystian
18-08-16, 06:36
It appears to be back up now.

TR-Freak
18-08-16, 12:56
Hey there, does someone know where I can find ALL TRA Manor textures?
I don't Need the 256x256 textures alone, but I also Need the object textures (e.g. from the Stone pillars or the banisters)

GeekOfComedy
20-08-16, 00:17
Anyone know where you could download all those TR2 & TR3 sounds?

Missing TR2 73.wav and TR3 65.wav :confused:

I could have sworn there was a site that contained every single one...

ThiagoTR
20-08-16, 00:40
Hey there, does someone know where I can find ALL TRA Manor textures?
I don't Need the 256x256 textures alone, but I also Need the object textures (e.g. from the Stone pillars or the banisters)

I hope this helps.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/z3gzjzdonzm/Croft+Manor.rar

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 20:07
How long does it usually take Michael to get back to you about submitting a level?

DJ Full
20-08-16, 20:09
If this is weekend or holiday it might take a while.

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 20:29
If this is weekend or holiday it might take a while.

Oh that's not so bad. I'm in the process of uploading a video to further diagnose why Lara's gun sounds are only working sporadically. For example, her pistols in particular. The game chooses to randomly play the gunshot sound. She could go 5, 6 even 7 shots before the gunshot sound plays once. Other times it's 3 in a row and it's silent for another 3 etc. I have 0 clue. All of my audio/samples are in the proper format as I've converted them with TRLM.
It's extremely odd, you can always hear the bullets ping on the ground as well. ---> https://vimeo.com/179592368

TombGuardian
20-08-16, 20:30
Anyone knows where I can get the TR3 Willard's Lair Horizon(for TRLE)?
I can't find it anywhere(I can't even find a TR3 wad about that level)

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 20:34

I believe that Horizon is the same as all of Antarctica? I've got Tomb Raider 1-5 installed, so I can upload that Horizon for you if you'd like :-)

Raider99
20-08-16, 20:35

http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3005

:) I guess Willard's lair and Highland Fling had same horizon.

DJ Full
20-08-16, 20:41
I believe that Horizon is the same as all of Antarctica?Willard's Lair is no Antarctica but one of Scottish levels from the Lost Artifact. If the wad database is missing that object I would try WadMerger to open the original level from the Lost Artifact. If you cannot find the pack I still have the CD somewhere... EDIT never mind, I didn't know that trsearch pack, good find R99.

why Lara's gun sounds are only working sporadicallySFX is not that simple, we covered it few times recently:
- wait with SFX fixing until the wad is complete
- use MagPlus's SFX Manager 3.0 to review all the sfx from scratch.

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 20:45

Here's the particular Horizon if you'd like it, of course you're more than welcome to download that Horizon pack Raider99 linked as well :>

http://www.filedropper.com/tr3anarcticahorizon
Edit - Wrong Horizon, but free for anyone who would like to use.

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 20:47
Willard's Lair is no Antarctica but one of Scottish levels from the Lost Artifact. If the wad database is missing that object I would try WadMerger to open the original level from the Lost Artifact. If you cannot find the pack I still have the CD somewhere... EDIT never mind, I didn't know that trsearch pack, good find R99.

SFX is not that simple, we covered it few times recently:
- wait with SFX fixing until the wad is complete
- use MagPlus's SFX Manager 3.0 to review all the sfx from scratch.

My Wad is complete and my level ready. I'll try that SFX manager and see what I can come up with.
It's extremely odd, however.. That all other TRLE levels (Cleopatra's Palaces, Tomb of Seth etc) have all sound SFX working perfectly.
(sorry for double post, I'm extremely used to forums automatically putting new posts into a previous post)

TombGuardian
20-08-16, 21:00
http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3005

:) I guess Willard's lair and Highland Fling had same horizon.
Yeah it is the third one in the image... thank you!

Joey79100
20-08-16, 22:24
@MizzKroft: You're the one who got back your WAD from a TR4 file, right?
Well, WadMerger doesn't manage sounds really good. And it seems it has put a wrong value for the CHance the pistols sound would play. So now, your sound pistol is just set to play sometimes and not all the tiem.
It's not a bug with the game, it's just WadMerger that didn't restore the sound assignations correctly in your WAD. The game chooses to randomly play the gunshot sound because this is what it is told to. There's nothing odd actually. :p

There are several methods to edit the sound properties. There's good old sounds.txt method that I really like, but it might be too much for you because you'd have to understand how it works, AND correct all the problems that will arise (because you haven't used it, you'd have to manually do things that had been done automatically with WadMerger: assign the sounds of your new objects to your WAD).
You can try to use a tool like TRLE Sound Editor instead, to see how the assignations are currently in your WAD, so you'd just need to correct what needs to be corrected, because I think it can open the sound properties files of a WAD and do modifications in it directly. But, I've never really used TRLE Sound Editor myself, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. I'd like someone experimented with this tool to confirm this, please! :admles:

There are also other tools/ways to do things... BUT. Whatever you choose to correct your problem, just NEVER use WadMerger's Sound Manager. Never ever. Because it's capable of creating more of this exact kind of problem without you doing anything wrong. It is buggued. Trust me, I'm telling you this for you to stay alive and safe. :ton:

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 22:35
@MizzKroft: You're the one who got back your WAD from a TR4 file, right?
Well, WadMerger doesn't manage sounds really good. And it seems it has put a wrong value for the CHance the pistols sound would play. So now, your sound pistol is just set to play sometimes and not all the tiem.
It's not a bug with the game, it's just WadMerger that didn't restore the sound assignations correctly in your WAD. The game chooses to randomly play the gunshot sound because this is what it is told to. There's nothing odd actually. :p

There are several methods to edit the sound properties. There's good old sounds.txt method that I really like, but it might be too much for you because you'd have to understand how it works, AND correct all the problems that will arise (because you haven't used it, you'd have to manually do things that had been done automatically with WadMerger: assign the sounds of your new objects to your WAD).
You can try to use a tool like TRLE Sound Editor instead, to see how the assignations are currently in your WAD, so you'd just need to correct what needs to be corrected, because I think it can open the sound properties files of a WAD and do modifications in it directly. But, I've never really used TRLE Sound Editor myself, so I'm not sure exactly how it works. I'd like someone experimented with this tool to confirm this, please! :admles:

There are also other tools/ways to do things... BUT. Whatever you choose to correct your problem, just NEVER use WadMerger's Sound Manager. Never ever. Because it's capable of creating more of this exact kind of problem without you doing anything wrong. It is buggued. Trust me, I'm telling you this for you to stay alive and safe. :ton:

I'm extremely computer savvy. However when it comes to finding fine details (such as this pistol problem) I'm completely lost. For my particular level, (and all of the other levels built in from TRLE) have the same sounds.txt file working. I went from no sound, to horrible sounds (Think Lara making swimming sounds when pushing a block) to all perfect sounds EXCEPT her gun sounds. And unfortunately I did use WadMergers sound editor I believe. :/... All of the sounds were working fine one day, then the next it was extremely horrendous (Lara jumping made a grunt sound, climbing onto a block made her death sound etc) And now that I think about it, all of these problems with sound that I'm having arised after using the executables in the sound/samples folder. (pcwadsfx and SFX_example) I run Windows 10. So perhaps that was the cause? I don't know to be honest. :/ ( if it helps, I'm using the BTB Peru Wad with a modified Lara. (I've extensively tested this via restoring the old Lara from the BTB Peru wad and her gun shots from weapons happen randomly, but all other sounds are perfect, raptors have appropriate sounds, baddys have appropriate sounds etc.) I'm currently using this Lara http://www.trsearch.org/Items/3365. along with a redefined running animation http://www.trsearch.org/Items/4395

MBog
20-08-16, 22:44
Try to change the pistol animation.

Joey79100
20-08-16, 23:30
The original method doesn't have any problem. The only thing is that everything has to be done automatically when using them.
Basically, whenever you added an object to your WAD, you would have had to assign its sounds to your level in sounds.txt and execute the .bat files to build a new sound list for your WAD (in the form of two .sfx and .sam files). But as you haven't, all the changes have been lost, so the sounds of your newly added objects have been removed.

Here's a biiiiiiig explanation (I'll try to make things clear):

WadMerger works directly with the .sam and .sfx files, and automatically assigns the needed sounds when you add a new object to your WAD. So as long as you don't touch anything else, it works, but WadMerger doesn't touch sounds.txt, so the day you decide to do it, you'd have to re-add every sound your objects are using, because otherwise they are missing.

Do you know what meta2tr is? It is a tool used to customize the map and make it more detailed thanks to Metasequoia basically. meta2tr directly modifies the .TR4 files... which means that every change made in the TR4 file is NOT made in the .PRJ file, so each time you want to make something in the .PRJ, every change made in the .TR4 is lost.
Why am I talking of this? Just so you understand, there's a big obvious parallel between these files and the sound files. Here's what I mean:

sounds.txt | .PRJ file
converted thanks to .bat files | converted thanks to TOM2PC
.sam & .sfx | .TR4 file
WadMerger and meta2tr work at the bottom line.

meta2tr modifies the TR4 files, but all the modifications made are not saved in the .PRJ.
WadMerger modifies the .sam and .sfx files, ubt all the modifications made are not saved in the sounds.txt file.

The thing is that WadMerger isn't a finished program and has problem to manage the sounds.

You say your problems started when clicking on the .bat files. It has just made an obselete list of sounds for your WAD. You tried to correct that list directly in WadMerger (that directly modifies the compiled lists: the .sam and .sfx files), but as it doesn't work properly, you have difficulties to correct every of your problem. And unfortunately, with WadMerger's Sound Manager, you won't be able to have it working correctly, because it doesn't save the things correctly regarding sounds, and messes up with the sounds that should be present in your Wad, and their properties (here for example, the chances for your pistol sound to play).

That's why I suggested TRLE Sound Editor by sapper (you can find it in the software section of the forum). As far as I know, it is able to modify directly the .sam and .sfx files, but correctly, unlike WadMerger that does it badly. That would allow you to work on what you already have and correct what you have to correct only.

If you wanted to use the sounds.txt (and its .bat converters), you would have to manually assign every sound that the new objects in your WAD are using. This method isn't flawed, it is just long to do that when you haven't been doing it all the time since the beginning.

So try TRLE Sound Editor. And please someone come and tell me if I'm not spreading bull**** about TRLE Sound Editor and what it is capable of. :p

MizzKroft
20-08-16, 23:53
The original method doesn't have any problem. The only thing is that everything has to be done automatically when using them.
Basically, whenever you added an object to your WAD, you would have had to assign its sounds to your level in sounds.txt and execute the .bat files to build a new sound list for your WAD (in the form of two .sfx and .sam files). But as you haven't, all the changes have been lost, so the sounds of your newly added objects have been removed.

Here's a biiiiiiig explanation (I'll try to make things clear):

WadMerger works directly with the .sam and .sfx files, and automatically assigns the needed sounds when you add a new object to your WAD. So as long as you don't touch anything else, it works, but WadMerger doesn't touch sounds.txt, so the day you decide to do it, you'd have to re-add every sound your objects are using, because otherwise they are missing.

Do you know what meta2tr is? It is a tool used to customize the map and make it more detailed thanks to Metasequoia basically. meta2tr directly modifies the .TR4 files... which means that every change made in the TR4 file is NOT made in the .PRJ file, so each time you want to make something in the .PRJ, every change made in the .TR4 is lost.
Why am I talking of this? Just so you understand, there's a big obvious parallel between these files and the sound files. Here's what I mean:

sounds.txt | .PRJ file
converted thanks to .bat files | converted thanks to TOM2PC
.sam & .sfx | .TR4 file
WadMerger and meta2tr work at the bottom line.

meta2tr modifies the TR4 files, but all the modifications made are not saved in the .PRJ.
WadMerger modifies the .sam and .sfx files, ubt all the modifications made are not saved in the sounds.txt file.

The thing is that WadMerger isn't a finished program and has problem to manage the sounds.

You say your problems started when clicking on the .bat files. It has just made an obselete list of sounds for your WAD. You tried to correct that list directly in WadMerger (that directly modifies the compiled lists: the .sam and .sfx files), but as it doesn't work properly, you have difficulties to correct every of your problem. And unfortunately, with WadMerger's Sound Manager, you won't be able to have it working correctly, because it doesn't save the things correctly regarding sounds, and messes up with the sounds that should be present in your Wad, and their properties (here for example, the chances for your pistol sound to play).

That's why I suggested TRLE Sound Editor by sapper (you can find it in the software section of the forum). As far as I know, it is able to modify directly the .sam and .sfx files, but correctly, unlike WadMerger that does it badly. That would allow you to work on what you already have and correct what you have to correct only.

If you wanted to use the sounds.txt (and its .bat converters), you would have to manually assign every sound that the new objects in your WAD are using. This method isn't flawed, it is just long to do that when you haven't been doing it all the time since the beginning.

So try TRLE Sound Editor. And please someone come and tell me if I'm not spreading bull**** about TRLE Sound Editor and what it is capable of. :p

I completely get what you're saying, but every other sound in my wad works perfectly fine? Lara's grunts, Lara's climbing onto a block, climbing a ladder etc. It's just her gun sounds.

Titak
21-08-16, 09:29
Even if that is the only problem with the sounds now, I'd still get out the sounds.txt, open it in TRLE Sound Editor of SFX Manager and manually add/remove sounds for your wad.
And, like Joey already stated, it might be a problem with the CH (CHance) value which makes the pistols sound not always play. If this value is set it will play only that amount out of 100. So CH50 means it plays half the time.

As for TRLE Sound Editor being able to directly edit the .sam and .sfx files, I do not know.
I open the sounds.txt in it.

Well, sounds.txt is not exactly correct. I have numerous sounds.txt files, one for each level, each with a different name. But that is no problem when editing the sounds.txt in TRLE Sound Editor since it converts the file that is opened at that moment. :D

Do keep in mind that when you open the sounds.txt for the first time, it will be the original file.
So you'll have to check a lot of things.

Two tutorials on sound:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=128465

and this second one explains a bit about the layout of the sounds.txt:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=79194

sapper
21-08-16, 11:33
... As far as I know, it is able to modify directly the .sam and .sfx files, but correctly, unlike WadMerger that does it badly. That would allow you to work on what you already have and correct what you have to correct only.

TRLE Sound Editor doesn't work directly on the .sfx and .sam files.

You can open a sounds.txt file, edit it and generate the .bat, .sfx and .sam files (uses pcwadsfx.exe if present in output folder or else uses inbuilt converter)

or

You can open a .wad file and create a sounds.txt that contains only the sounds found in the animations plus any hardcoded sounds for found objects and optionally all the general (#g) sounds

or

You can open an .sfx file and inspect which sounds are actually present in the .sfx file and what properties they have.

I have another program that works directly on .sfx and .sam files like Wadmerger's Sound Manager.

I made this program for quick changes to an .sfx file.

Note that this program has not been tested much so always make a backup of your .sfx and .sam files.

http://sappersblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/wip-sound-manager-clone.html

MizzKroft
21-08-16, 14:43
Okay my sounds.txt seems a bit... off?

Here's the pistol entry.

LARA_FIRE: magnum VOL45 R PIT-50 RAD06 #g

Titak
21-08-16, 16:42
That's correct. No CH value assigned. :tmb:
Like I said, your sounds.txt will be the original if you have not edited it before (adding/removing sounds with WADMerger does not change the sounds.txt after all).

So if you also have all other sounds you need assigned to your wad (using a specific letter or letter combination for your wad in the sounds.txt) you can convert it using TRLE Sound Editor and all should be well.

I am again linking to my sound tutorial.
I've added some extra info at the bottom of the post about sound, in case you hadn't seen that yet. I added that extra info earlier today.

MizzKroft
21-08-16, 18:07
That's correct. No CH value assigned. :tmb:
Like I said, your sounds.txt will be the original if you have not edited it before (adding/removing sounds with WADMerger does not change the sounds.txt after all).

So if you also have all other sounds you need assigned to your wad (using a specific letter or letter combination for your wad in the sounds.txt) you can convert it using TRLE Sound Editor and all should be well.

I am again linking to my sound tutorial.
I've added some extra info at the bottom of the post about sound, in case you hadn't seen that yet. I added that extra info earlier today.

You're seriously an angel. My sound problem is now fixed, everything works perfectly. Thank you so much :hug::hug::hug:

leoarcie
21-08-16, 18:23
Did anyone know how to fix this?
I'm playing some custom levels and the textures are black.
http://imgur.com/P3TgIvp

MizzKroft
21-08-16, 18:55
You're seriously an angel. My sound problem is now fixed, everything works perfectly. Thank you so much :hug::hug::hug:

I've found another small problem. Not sure what caused it, but my Horizon in game is not functioning correctly. I've already got a room inside the editor labeled Horizon with the Horizon in it, and I've applied the correct texture from the color palette.

DJ Full
21-08-16, 19:22
You must have black transparency in the room and Horizon= Enabled in the script.
Naming the room as horizon and placing the horizon object doesn't do anything.

MizzKroft
21-08-16, 19:34
You must have black transparency in the room and Horizon= Enabled in the script.
Naming the room as horizon and placing the horizon object doesn't do anything.

All of that is done. :3
EDIT - Fixed. Somehow Horizon= Enabled got taken out of the script. Put it back in and all is well :-)

https://postimg.org/image/j1lt89761/ Not sure what I'm doing wrong, followed the tutorial from Titak and my water still will not animate.
Also, I'm really kind of sick of using "Playable Tutorial Level" as my Wad and as my level, I'd really like to have MY level name in there with a Wad that is MINE. I tried following this tutorial (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/archive/index.php/t-211667.html) but it messed up the wording in game (New Game appeared as like W or something etc)

Shakira Croft
22-08-16, 10:05
Does anybody have the Burial Chambers PRJ?

Tombraiderplay
22-08-16, 10:49
You can rip it with tr2prj but it can mess it up tho -_- but its the best shot

Or meta2tr

Shakira Croft
22-08-16, 11:07
I only have the PS1 game http://nsa38.casimages.com/img/2016/04/28/160428031437982870.gif

LoreRaider
22-08-16, 11:45
Here's the .tr4 file :tmb:
https://www.mediafire.com/?2cvn0g1c611qfqd

Shakira Croft
22-08-16, 15:08
Amazing! Thanks :hug:

LoreRaider
22-08-16, 20:02
You're welcome! :tmb:

MizzKroft
22-08-16, 21:35
I'm trying to use a Camera when you use a switch to show what that switch did/where to go next. I successfully trigger the camera, however, the camera doesn't look at what I want the player to see, and it just shows the walls around said camera. How can I go about fixing this?

LoreRaider
22-08-16, 21:57
You have to add a trigger for camera (fixed or not), with the time set (e.s 3 seconds) and a trigger for target, in the target choose the object that you want that the camera need to see (i suppose the switch_type) ;)

MizzKroft
22-08-16, 22:09
You have to add a trigger for camera (fixed or not), with the time set (e.s 3 seconds) and a trigger for target, in the target choose the object that you want that the camera need to see (i suppose the switch_type) ;)

Thank you so much!! Works perfectly :D :hug::hug:

LoreRaider
22-08-16, 22:31
Thank you so much!! Works perfectly :D :hug::hug:

MizzKroft
22-08-16, 23:29

Perhaps you'd know also, I'm trying to trigger a sound (007) via FlipEffect, when Lara walks over said trigger, wolves wake up and begin to attack. I have the FlipEffect set to one shot and single playback, but no matter what I've tried, if she steps on the trigger tile for a 2nd time, the sound plays again.. and It'll continue to play again etc. How can I make this play only one time?

LoreRaider
23-08-16, 06:39
You have to use the one shoot ;)
I don't remember if with one shoot you can add also other triggers, because you can't over la special one's
Anyway, try in this way :tmb:

Titak
23-08-16, 09:29
The trigger is already set to one shot if I'm reading MizzKroft's post right. :ponder:

It's a thing with the flipeffect triggers, or at least some of them, that one shot does not work on them. And for audio it makes sense actually, because otherwise you would not be able to trigger ambient tracks when going in and out of area's repeatedly.

If you don't want to go into scripting yet, making a TriggerGroup= for the audio in the script, then I'd say the old rollingball trick is the best way to go.

Make a seperate room where Lara can't get into.
Make a little slope in this room, and place a rollingball at the top.
Place a heavy-trigger for the audio flipeffect underneath the rollingball.
Remove the audio flipeffect from the room where Lara is supposed to trigger it and instead place a trigger for the rollingball there.

So, the rollingball is triggered and it will trigger the audio. :D

It is important to make sure that after the rollingball is done rolling down the slope, that it will not end up sitting on any triggers. I always make a little pit that the rollingball rolls into to make sure it stays away from any triggers.
Also, when using TRNG, you can enter 1 in the OCB of the rollingball so it can't be heard and it won't cause an earthquake. :D

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 17:50
The trigger is already set to one shot if I'm reading MizzKroft's post right. :ponder:

It's a thing with the flipeffect triggers, or at least some of them, that one shot does not work on them. And for audio it makes sense actually, because otherwise you would not be able to trigger ambient tracks when going in and out of area's repeatedly.

If you don't want to go into scripting yet, making a TriggerGroup= for the audio in the script, then I'd say the old rollingball trick is the best way to go.

Make a seperate room where Lara can't get into.
Make a little slope in this room, and place a rollingball at the top.
Place a heavy-trigger for the audio flipeffect underneath the rollingball.
Remove the audio flipeffect from the room where Lara is supposed to trigger it and instead place a trigger for the rollingball there.

So, the rollingball is triggered and it will trigger the audio. :D

It is important to make sure that after the rollingball is done rolling down the slope, that it will not end up sitting on any triggers. I always make a little pit that the rollingball rolls into to make sure it stays away from any triggers.
Also, when using TRNG, you can enter 1 in the OCB of the rollingball so it can't be heard and it won't cause an earthquake. :D

I am completely comfortable editing the script! So far I've got equipment= (Lara starts out with too many medipaks and flares, needs to be less in my opinion for my particular level) as well as flare customizing and additional animations for symsi's swing pole!

I did use your suggestion and it works like a charm. I'm so glad I'm learning all of these tips and tricks, as they'll surely stick with me c: thanks so much Titak :hug: I'm usually able to find all of the things I have questions about on Google, but some of it I just cannot find (camera looking at specific objects etc) so I'm really glad these forums exist :>

TombGuardian
23-08-16, 18:40
I have a question...
If I use 'Room +' on a room that is connected to other rooms... the other room will raise too?

Mrs Manson
23-08-16, 18:59
Hi! I have two questions, i want to make a dust storm effect with flep.
I have The dust effect already, but when i put it in the default graphics as an sprite, it looks duplicated, The size Of The sprite is 100x100, how can i solve it?
And The Second question:
What values Of flep i have to change to make The storm effect?

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 19:19
Okay so I'm really trying to hone my skills on making areas look realistic. I'm currently working on a temple-ish level, and I've a few areas where there are grates in the ceiling with light shining in. This is my first attempt at this kind of thing, so I'd like to know if it looks realistic based on an experienced TRLE-R builder :>

1- https://postimg.org/image/fxp6p1nl7/
2- https://postimg.org/image/tqz5kvcgh/

PS : The first image doesn't look overgrown enough to me, so expect a lot more to happen in that crevice

SrDanielPonces
23-08-16, 19:22
I honestly think it looks really good. I like those sun shine objects.

To make the first printscreen look better: Raise a bit of the floor on the room above those grates. It won't look like it is flat above because it currently does. Make triangles etc

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 19:23
I honestly think it looks really good. I like those sun shine objects. To make the first printscreen look better: Raise a bit of the floor on the room above those grates. It won't look like it is flat above because it currently does.

Thank you! And so do I.. I just found out their functionality and I am literally in love with them :jmp:

Thank you! I'll try that now :D

How does this look? Raised the ceiling, and added some plants and a few trees :> https://postimg.org/image/3syxsr0np/

SrDanielPonces
23-08-16, 19:38
definitely looks better :tmb:

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 19:42
definitely looks better :tmb:

Awesome, I think so too! The 2nd image had grating in the ceiling as well, so I'm going to make that look a bit more realistic too. It's amazing what a few clicks and some shrubbery can do :D

SrDanielPonces
23-08-16, 19:47
maybe you could make the room colour a bit darker to give lara a better effect? Also some blue-ish sun (or something like that) would make it a lot better. Don't make it too strong though. Some brown colour would look great on darker areas

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 20:00
maybe you could make the room colour a bit darker to give lara a better effect? Also some blue-ish sun (or something like that) would make it a lot better. Don't make it too strong though. Some brown colour would look great on darker areas

I'll definitely fiddle around with the colors of the light! I've never done that before, but experimenting with it now and it's super easy. I can achieve some really neat effects with this!. Right, time to overgrow that crevice. :)

Shakira Croft
23-08-16, 20:02
I have a question...
If I use 'Room +' on a room that is connected to other rooms... the other room will raise too?

Nop! The room will raise and the width of the portal too but the other room will stay at the same position.

SrDanielPonces
23-08-16, 20:10
I'll definitely fiddle around with the colors of the light! I've never done that before, but experimenting with it now and it's super easy. I can achieve some really neat effects with this!. Right, time to overgrow that crevice. :)

the possibilities are endless. It's a game, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, put some odd colours (such as purple, blue, green) and people'll love it if it looks good enough.

MizzKroft
23-08-16, 20:29
the possibilities are endless. It's a game, it doesn't have to be 100% realistic, put some odd colours (such as purple, blue, green) and people'll love it if it looks good enough.

Oh absolutely. I especially like to make water blue, it gives off such a neat effect, especially when you see the water before you jump in. Amazing

Zreen001
23-08-16, 23:31
Nop! The room will raise and the width of the portal too but the other room will stay at the same position.

If you're in V2d map mode, if you raise a room using Room+ you can raise any part of the level connected directly or indirectly to that room.
It's how I work on chunks of a level at a time then place it like a puzzle piece when it's done. :)
EDIT: V2d map is on NGLE, not the original TRLE I believe.

egypt_gypsie
24-08-16, 02:04
I attempted to open my WAD in WadMerger in order to add a horizon to it, and this popped up:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/egypt_gypsie/error_zpsbg1ofzsd.png (http://s489.photobucket.com/user/egypt_gypsie/media/error_zpsbg1ofzsd.png.html)

Any ideas? Should I just rebuild my wad?

My level still opens fine when using this wad, which is weird...

MizzKroft
24-08-16, 02:35
I attempted to open my WAD in WadMerger in order to add a horizon to it, and this popped up:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/egypt_gypsie/error_zpsbg1ofzsd.png (http://s489.photobucket.com/user/egypt_gypsie/media/error_zpsbg1ofzsd.png.html)

Any ideas? Should I just rebuild my wad?

My level still opens fine when using this wad, which is weird...

This happened to me on a previous level I was attempting to create. The only fix I found was to load the TR file in Wad Merger, copy the entire wad, save it and then it worked. However, all of my objects got misplaced in the editor, it was a complete pain :/

egypt_gypsie
24-08-16, 02:41
Which TR file are you referring to?

MizzKroft
24-08-16, 02:56
Which TR file are you referring to?

Whichever level I used with my Wad. So if I used the tutorial's level, I'd open tut1.tr4 in Wadmerger :>

egypt_gypsie
24-08-16, 03:17
I realized that you were talking about the actual .tr4 file about 5 milliseconds after I asked the question, haha.

Would have edited my post right away, but I got wrapped up in another error. I did fix the WAD problem, and now I have this when I attempt to play the level from the Room Editor:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/egypt_gypsie/error%202_zpsftnpduls.png (http://s489.photobucket.com/user/egypt_gypsie/media/error%202_zpsftnpduls.png.html)

Once I close the error, my level appears to load fine, but I get some strange glitches in game (music stopping, freezing when pausing the game etc.)

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself somehow...

DJ Full
24-08-16, 03:20
You need to know what point of compiling the converter has crashed at.
If you have trouble spotting it use a desktop capture program like OBS.

EDIT: I see you're fine but store the tip :)

MizzKroft
24-08-16, 03:32
I realized that you were talking about the actual .tr4 file about 5 milliseconds after I asked the question, haha.

Would have edited my post right away, but I got wrapped up in another error. I did fix the WAD problem, and now I have this when I attempt to play the level from the Room Editor:

http://i489.photobucket.com/albums/rr255/egypt_gypsie/error%202_zpsftnpduls.png (http://s489.photobucket.com/user/egypt_gypsie/media/error%202_zpsftnpduls.png.html)

Once I close the error, my level appears to load fine, but I get some strange glitches in game (music stopping, freezing when pausing the game etc.)

Edit: Nevermind, it fixed itself somehow...

I get that error sometimes too! It always fixes itself, after the error happens. I just reopen the converter and it works perfectly. lol

DJ Full
24-08-16, 03:36
I get that error sometimes too! It always fixes itself, after the error happens. I just reopen the converter and it works perfectly. lolTriple nope:
- it's not "that" error, but a generic report for any crash occuring
- implied from above, it won't always fix itself (sometimes it will)
- implied from above, the error may return anytime soon or later.

ThatSassyKid
24-08-16, 03:43
Does anybody know how to make TRLE winroomedit fit the screen properly?
I can't get the bottom bit to fit so I can't use shadows or other lighting effects :(

SrDanielPonces
24-08-16, 03:45
that's your screen resolution sweetheart

ThatSassyKid
24-08-16, 04:05
that's your screen resolution sweetheart

Changing the resolution doesn't fix it.

egypt_gypsie
24-08-16, 04:13
Ok, so how do I go about changing the pitches of sounds if I cannot use the sound manager in WadMerger? Changing the pitches in the sounds.txt doesn't actually do anything for me. It worked when I did it in SM, but that created a bunch of other bugs.

SrDanielPonces
24-08-16, 04:30
that's the most basic thing about sounds.

1- Edit whatever you want with your sounds.txt
2- Save
3- edit "SFX_Example.bat"
4- for example my one has

"pcwadsfx Opera o

copy *.sam ..\..\graphics\wads
copy *.sfx ..\..\graphics\wads

del *.sam
del *.sfx"

"Opera" is my .tr4 file name, which means it will convert that sound.txt for the "Opera.tr4"

and the "o" means the number after the "#" (for example, #g is for all the levels, and if you notice there are "#" and a letter after these are for regular TR4 levels, so you can edit them yourself) to make it more clear, that letter will "represent" your level. you can use two if you want.

5- run it and it automatically will save in your wad and all you have to do is to reload it.

Titak
24-08-16, 08:51
Changing the resolution doesn't fix it.The resolution of your screen needs to be larger than the size of the editor window: larger than 1024x768 if I remember correctly.

DJ Full
24-08-16, 08:57
Most likely the resolution should match your monitor aspect ratio. For example if you are on standard 16:9 widescreen then choose 1280x720 or 1920x1080, but if it's 16:10 you're better with 1280x800 or 1920x1200. In any other case the editor window might get cut at the bottom or distorted.

TombGuardian
24-08-16, 09:05
Most likely the resolution should match your monitor aspect ratio. For example if you are on standard 16:9 widescreen then choose 1280x720 or 1920x1080, but if it's 16:10 you're better with 1280x800 or 1920x1200. In any other case the editor window might get cut at the bottom or distorted.
If it gets cut at the bottom(like it happens for me), it can be fixed by running it in full screen.

dcw123
24-08-16, 14:12
I get this (sometimes the entire panels go black too)
press Ctrl and Enter - it should all appear now :)

LoreRaider
24-08-16, 14:42
I get this (sometimes the entire panels go black too)
press Ctrl and Enter - it should all appear now :)

When I have this "glitch", I hide the program and open it :)

SrDanielPonces
24-08-16, 15:23
Omg guys, its not a glitch, they just made the editor resolution to fit their computer screens at the time

Shakira Croft
24-08-16, 17:07
Do you guys know where I can find the audio file that plays during the cutscene at the beginning of Karnak (with the Jeep and stuff until Lara hits the rock) ?
I don't have the PC game :(

Mordyga
24-08-16, 17:36
Use this (http://www.speedyshare.com/eYUjC/086-jeepA.wav)! :D

Raider99
24-08-16, 18:58
Is there a way to increase how many sectors an enemy can patrol or it's hardcoded? :ponder: Apparently if I make it more than 7 squares (not counting 2 sectors where nullmeshes are), he walks away.

Tombraiderplay
24-08-16, 19:05
Put more nullmeshes ?

Raider99
24-08-16, 19:08
It doesn't work that way....

EDIT: Right now he's going from point A to B and the C is on the same place as A so he patrols between, if I put C away, he will go further, but patrol between C and B, that's not what I want.

Shakira Croft
26-08-16, 12:05
Use this (http://www.speedyshare.com/eYUjC/086-jeepA.wav)! :D

Thank youuuu :hug:

dcw123
26-08-16, 12:59
I have a electric door which moves up and down when Lara approaches..
It uses a long door which slides up and then down from Cleopatra's Palaces as a base.
However, when the door slides down to close (it seems to be timed too, despite setting no such triggers) it makes a loud noise and causes an earthquake shudder..
Anyway I can remove these effects?
I guess I'd have to use another door slot or an animating slot instead?
The door I have made is a small glass automatic door - so these effects make it seem very odd

Tombraiderplay
26-08-16, 13:58
What slot are you using ?

dcw123
26-08-16, 14:11
What slot are you using ?

Errr.. Door type 1 - just like any other doors.
The door I have 'edited' purely to have the up and down animation was from Cleo's Palaces..

Its this door in the video below (at current time ready for you)

https://youtu.be/3KtJuhTTxJ0?t=467

tomb2player
26-08-16, 14:15
Check if those effects are added in door animations (Wad Merger Animation Editor).

dcw123
26-08-16, 14:41
Check if those effects are added in door animations (Wad Merger Animation Editor).

Thanks, that worked.. removed the effect :)

Zreen001
26-08-16, 15:04
Any more ideas on how to solve my nonanimating texture ranges when they're not transparent?

I was thinking of using meta2tr and placing a placeholder mesh right below the affected textures so the room geometry "transparent" texture looks opaque while still having it animated, but I'm not at that point yet.

LoreRaider
26-08-16, 15:16
Any more ideas on how to solve my nonanimating texture ranges when they're not transparent?

I was thinking of using meta2tr and placing a placeholder mesh right below the affected textures so the room geometry "transparent" texture looks opaque while still having it animated, but I'm not at that point yet.

Are you using 128x128 or 64x64 textures?
If 64x64, you should be able to animating them, instead, if you're using 128x128 texture, then, it's impossible now to fix that, is the first thing to do in a project :/

Zreen001
26-08-16, 17:19
Are you using 128x128 or 64x64 textures?
If 64x64, you should be able to animating them, instead, if you're using 128x128 texture, then, it's impossible now to fix that, is the first thing to do in a project :/

They're 64x64. I'm using scaled up TR3 animation textures since the original TR3 method of putting the 32x32 ranges in a separate room is buggy in this version of the editor (1.7.7.7).
I'm not using Big Texture mode and the project is at v49.

Also, they're animating perfectly when they're transparent. They stand still when they're not transparent. This is why I mentioned possibly having a workaround with meta by having all the textures that "shouldn't" be transparent to be transparent anyway but with a small mesh behind it to give it the look of "opaque".
But maybe I'm just missing something simple.

The anim ranges are at the top of the tga file, they require Frames anim mode to work as they are, and work they indeed do except when they're opaque.

Tombraiderplay
26-08-16, 18:22
Hummmmmmmmmm

Try to reset the animation range ?

Try to use other textures ?

SrDanielPonces
26-08-16, 18:34
@Zreen - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you have to put a texture of these animated waters with transparency on a different room in order to have them to work opaque... again - correct me if I'm wrong.

Tombraiderplay
26-08-16, 18:38
That's the case if you have 4 32*32 textures in one "normal" spot

Like TR3 which looks badly low resolution -obviously-

AkyV
26-08-16, 18:46

If you don't mind to send your level (PRJ, TGA, Script.txt, english.txt, graphics folder files), telling the exact description and position of the problem, then I'll give it a try.

Tombraiderplay
26-08-16, 18:51
If you don't mind to send your level (PRJ, TGA, Script.txt, english.txt, graphics folder files), telling the exact description and position of the problem, then I'll give it a try.

YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY I DONT MEAN ANYTHIMG AND I WOULD TRUST YOU WITH WHATEVER IN MY LEVELS

BUT :

she/he ZREEN should try to fix it him/her self before handing the files to anyone ....

Zreen001
26-08-16, 18:54
Hummmmmmmmmm

Try to reset the animation range ?

Try to use other textures ?

@Zreen - someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you have to put a texture of these animated waters with transparency on a different room in order to have them to work opaque... again - correct me if I'm wrong.
I'll try these.

That's the case if you have 4 32*32 textures in one "normal" spot

Like TR3 which looks badly low resolution -obviously-
I know, luckily there doesn't seem to be too much lost information when scaling from 32 to 64.

I'll do this as a last resort, maybe it's one of the above posters' solutions. If not, I'll send the bulk package.

EDIT:
YOU ARE TRUSTWORTHY I DONT MEAN ANYTHIMG AND I WOULD TRUST YOU WITH WHATEVER IN MY LEVELS

BUT :

she/he ZREEN should try to fix it him/her self before handing the files to anyone ....
Haha, AkyV is excellent with this kind of thing, and I don't doubt the ability or knowledge. But like I said, if it is as simple as resetting the ranges or placing trans and opaque textures in another room, then there would be no need. If those don't work, I will gladly send the level to AkyV for an extra opinion. :)

MBog
26-08-16, 19:16
I m making a cutscene (***for the first time, I'm so hyped :D ***) but when Lara steps on the triggered tile, the position is not correct - if I go on the tile backwards, the animation is backwards. Is there any way to fix this?

MizzKroft
26-08-16, 21:17
I'm trying to convert my map to v50 with the map converter (I'm using BTB Northern Lights texture set/wad set) however, when I load the textures inside of NGLE, I get a warning that says "WARNING: Current texture map has an height (Y Size) wrong. NGLE requires that height of texture map was a multiple of 64 pixels. Current texture map has a size of 256x16383. Height 16383 is not a multiple of 64, please change it to force the TGA file with new height = 16384 pixels" and then it loads the TGA all distorted and stuff, how do I fix this?

Edit - Never mind, it seems to have worked now :)

Now for my real question. I'm trying to assign textures sounds (Snow texture would have snow sound, wood with wood sound etc) I'm applying that via NGLE using Texture Sounds. However, no matter how many times I click assign sound, it does not reflect that change in game :(

Titak
26-08-16, 21:35
I m making a cutscene (***for the first time, I'm so hyped :D ***) but when Lara steps on the triggered tile, the position is not correct - if I go on the tile backwards, the animation is backwards. Is there any way to fix this?
If there's no other way to make sure Lara steps onto the trigger the right way, then a Lara-Start-Position might help.
I have a couple of cutscenes where the screen goes black for a second and during that second Lara is transported to the LSP so she ends up in the correct position for the animation.
All this is timed with an Organizer with FO_TICK_TIME in it so you can use frames instead of seconds. :D

MBog
27-08-16, 16:10
If there's no other way to make sure Lara steps onto the trigger the right way, then a Lara-Start-Position might help.
I have a couple of cutscenes where the screen goes black for a second and during that second Lara is transported to the LSP so she ends up in the correct position for the animation.
All this is timed with an Organizer with FO_TICK_TIME in it so you can use frames instead of seconds. :D

It worked! :hug: :jmp: Thank you!

Is there a succesful way to change Lara's outfit in the same level? When I try it with flipeffects, the game crashes or the joints are messed up :(

Shakira Croft
27-08-16, 16:41
You can use a F99 to swap Lara's meshes but it's buggy. I maybe wrong but it works only if the two outfits have the same number of vertices.

Titak
27-08-16, 17:16
And even then it is not guaranteed to work properly. :(
When this feature was first implemented in TRNG, I tested it with a recolour of my Croft Manor sports outfit. A recolour, so everything else was the same: meshes and remapping of the vertices.
It was buggy and messed up Lara's waist-joint. :(

Mind you, I tested this with the "Lara Skin + Lara Joints (Slot+1)" option.
I do not know what happens if you use any of the other options. Can't remember if I tested those as well.

Raider99
27-08-16, 17:22
I think those flipeffects don't work for joints, only meshes. So outfits without joints can be easily swapped. :ponder:

Shakira Croft
27-08-16, 22:21
^ I think you're right.

I use the swap mesh in my Manor level and it works perfectly well though :ponder:

Titak
28-08-16, 13:13
What's the limit for the number of levels in one game?
Finish-trigger to 39 takes you back to the menu, but you can override this by using NoLevel= in the script somehow.

So, what's the real limit? :ponder:

Tombraiderplay
28-08-16, 13:17
Who the hell would build more than 38 levels in one game ?
I cant even finish one :vlol:

Anyway
I think the real limit is when the exe cant handle the script.dat size anymore ?

But Titak thats probably something you will have to test your self ,,,

Erikku
28-08-16, 14:28
Does anyone know how to use the little beetle and the locust_emitter objects?

Raider99
28-08-16, 14:31
There are multiple OCBs for those I think.

LITTLE BEETLES

0 - 128 = Total number of scarab you want
1000 += Scarab appear from the floor
2000 += Scarab appear from the ceiling
4000 += Scarab slow release followed by a gush

Remarks:
- To clear all active scarabs, use a Flipeffect trigger with a value of 31.
- The beetle swarm was used in conjunction with either PUZZLE_ITEM12 or PICKUP_ITEM1, both of which are scarabs that attach to the wall and require a crowbar to pick off. The swarm of beetles sometimes shoots out of the "hole" behind the wall scarab. A special texture tile is used to create the illusion that they come from the hole in the wall. To do this you simply designate the trigger for PUZZLE_ITEM12 or PICKUP_ITEM1 as a key trigger (and type in an OCB setting of 2 to position it on the wall in-game), then trigger the LITTLE_BEETLE to the same square. (Raise LITTLE_BEETLE up to the height of the "hole") Make sure you have the correct settings in the OCB menu for the LITTLE_BEETLE and that you have left a crowbar somewhere as a pick up!

LOCUST EMITTER

It can be deathable if you enter a high enough value in the OCB data field...somewhere around 96 is the limit.
OCB code defines the number of locusts.
OCB values used in the last revelation were: 12, 20 and 25

Remark:
Locust swarm can set heavy triggers in motorbike path or release a swarm from a shatter object.

Taken out of NG_Center, I think these are basic OCBs, nothing new. :ponder:

Titak
28-08-16, 16:00
But Titak thats probably something you will have to test your self ,,,No, I don't think so.
Don't feel like it. :p

And don't worry, my game won't have that many levels. :p

Tombraiderplay
28-08-16, 18:03
And don't worry, my game won't have that many levels. :p

That's good cuz i like your games but i hate overbig levels 25 levels is kinda the limit for me :p

Erikku
28-08-16, 23:18
Thanks! Ill play around with it as soon as I get to it. :)
There are multiple OCBs for those I think.

LITTLE BEETLES

0 - 128 = Total number of scarab you want
1000 += Scarab appear from the floor
2000 += Scarab appear from the ceiling
4000 += Scarab slow release followed by a gush

Remarks:
- To clear all active scarabs, use a Flipeffect trigger with a value of 31.
- The beetle swarm was used in conjunction with either PUZZLE_ITEM12 or PICKUP_ITEM1, both of which are scarabs that attach to the wall and require a crowbar to pick off. The swarm of beetles sometimes shoots out of the "hole" behind the wall scarab. A special texture tile is used to create the illusion that they come from the hole in the wall. To do this you simply designate the trigger for PUZZLE_ITEM12 or PICKUP_ITEM1 as a key trigger (and type in an OCB setting of 2 to position it on the wall in-game), then trigger the LITTLE_BEETLE to the same square. (Raise LITTLE_BEETLE up to the height of the "hole") Make sure you have the correct settings in the OCB menu for the LITTLE_BEETLE and that you have left a crowbar somewhere as a pick up!

LOCUST EMITTER

It can be deathable if you enter a high enough value in the OCB data field...somewhere around 96 is the limit.
OCB code defines the number of locusts.
OCB values used in the last revelation were: 12, 20 and 25

Remark:
Locust swarm can set heavy triggers in motorbike path or release a swarm from a shatter object.

Taken out of NG_Center, I think these are basic OCBs, nothing new. :ponder:

MBog
29-08-16, 20:52
I made the baddies not to shoot at Lara using AI_Guard and AI_Modify and it worked, but after I added some animating objects, they shoot at Lara throgh the walls if she moves even a bit (where they don t see her too). Why doesn t it work anymore? Is there a way to fix it?

MizzKroft
30-08-16, 00:25
I'm having trouble finding HD Egypt textures (128x128 or even 256x256) does anyone know where I can find some? Google isn't showing anything relatively great. (Think tut1's TGA completely HD textures)

Shakira Croft
30-08-16, 04:38
^ here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7440647&postcount=7) you go :D

MizzKroft
30-08-16, 04:44
^ here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7440647&postcount=7) you go :D

You guys never cease to amaze me, thank you so much! :hug:

Noticing the Anniv Egypt textures come in 3 parts. Is there any way to get all of these into 1 single TGA file? :o

LoreRaider
30-08-16, 07:08
Yep, to merge them you can use TBuilder :tmb:

MizzKroft
30-08-16, 07:23
Yep, to merge them you can use TBuilder :tmb:

Whenever I try to though, it cuts off most of the 2nd TGA file and is locked at "page" 32? :/

LoreRaider
30-08-16, 07:34
Ah yes, it's too big...
You can use another programme (which i don't know), or you could delete some textures that you don't use :)
I don't know if this one can work, i've never tried it http://www.aspidetr.com/tools/trtexture-manager/trtexture

MBog
30-08-16, 19:34
I have encountered a strange glitch: When Lara enters a room in witch I put a condition trigger, her controls are not working properly:
1. She performs the start of walking (normal) but then she stops like there is something in front of her - from animation 21 to 2.
2. The swan dive doesn not happen from the standing position, instead she jumps up.

Note: I don t know if the condition triggers have something to do with the glitch, but it seems to happen only in those areas.
Has anyone had this problem? Do you have any suggestions?

sackboy123
30-08-16, 19:48
What's the limit for the number of levels in one game?
Finish-trigger to 39 takes you back to the menu, but you can override this by using NoLevel= in the script somehow.

So, what's the real limit? :ponder:

I'm curious about this too, TR4 has like 36 levels I think, maybe since the Level editor uses the TR4 engine maybe 36 is the maximum

Is there a way someone could confirm this, I'm quite curious now

MizzKroft
30-08-16, 20:21
Can someone tell me how to fix this outfit?

http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=bigscreen&dbitem=3732&id=0

The readme states "Since holsters and weapons are not included, if you need to use a specific weapon with this outfit, please, send me a PM." However, I don't think LGG is active anymore? When I use this outfit in-game, her weapons become connected to her head and her hand mesh changes to the old Lara's hand. Anyone know how to fix this? :/ It'd be nice to get Po Yu's weapons in, but I have no clue how to change meshes so old hand meshes don't pop up

LoreRaider
31-08-16, 10:51
I'm curious about this too, TR4 has like 36 levels I think, maybe since the Level editor uses the TR4 engine maybe 36 is the maximum

Is there a way someone could confirm this, I'm quite curious now
Isn't the limit, i think that you can add more than 50 levels

Hey guys :)
Does anyone have the blade (i think phinth_blade) of TR4 Giza levels? Because i've already searched on wads of those levels but i didn't find that :/

Titak
31-08-16, 12:05
@ Loreraider:
If you edit your first post and add in thise second post, I'll delete the second double post. :D

As for the number of levels, 62 can be reached, but are more than that possible?

LoreRaider
31-08-16, 12:22
Done :tmb:

sackboy123
31-08-16, 12:23
@ Loreraider:
If you edit your first post and add in thise second post, I'll delete the second double post. :D

As for the number of levels, 62 can be reached, but are more than that possible?

62, that is a lot

I wonder if someone could just test this by just creating random test rooms :ponder:

disapearing-boy
31-08-16, 12:28
Can someone tell me how to fix this outfit?

http://www.trsearch.org/Media.php?action=bigscreen&dbitem=3732&id=0

The readme states "Since holsters and weapons are not included, if you need to use a specific weapon with this outfit, please, send me a PM." However, I don't think LGG is active anymore?

I'm pretty sure LGG is still active. You can Use EditWad to add/swap meshes and I'm sure there is a tutorial here on this site. The only Meta skill you need is to be able to open a file, select something, delete it and add something else. Save.

If the outfit has no holsters then that's more complicated, the holsters need remapping and I've never done that. :/

Titak
31-08-16, 13:13
Done :tmb:
Thanks. :D
Double post has been deleted. :D

Shakira Croft
03-09-16, 13:26
Is a special setup required for the sphinx and the buttons it has to push? I know these buttons are animatings, I set their triggers as heavy but it doesn't work :confused:

TombGuardian
03-09-16, 13:30
Some days ago I've posted a problem in the Competition thread( I thought it was the load screen giving me problems)
I don't know because no one has replied yet, So I want to try here.

I've put the 'load' Image from the competition thread.
The problem is that when I run the game, that image gets very bad in colour quality(it looks veeeeeeeeeery bad)
What's the problem here? I've tried all three load screens and all of them have the same problem!

Titak
03-09-16, 16:08
^
Must be the size of the image.
If an image is too large for the resolution your are playing in, things get kinda ugly.
So you would have to resize the image to fit your game resolution.

@ Shakira Croft:
I could have sworn I'd seen a tutorial on that. But we don't seem to have it. :(
If anyone finds a tutorial for it, it might be a good idea to add it to our tutorials as well. :D

Level NextGen
03-09-16, 16:24
@Shakira Croft here is some old discussion about the Sphinx setting http://forum.trle.net/viewtopic.php?p=345663
Edit: Btw I use a sphinx in one of my custom level and Lara need to attract the sphinx, so he crashed into the wall or the door, or the push button. You need to place Lara back to the wall and wait for the bull to charge her... and jump at the last second before being killed. And it will trigger the heavy trigger below. Only the "I crashed into the wall" animation triggers events. And yes the push button need to be only an animating that is triggered the same time.

@TombGuardian Be also sure you don't execute the tr4.exe in 16 bits (-setup)

Titak
03-09-16, 17:15
@TombGuardian Be also sure you don't execute the tr4.exe in 16 bits (-setup)This setting affects the look of the load.bmp? :ponder:
I never knew...

I do know that it affects texture quality, especially with semi-transparant effects like flames or fog objects with semi-transparant textures. It makes it look gritty.

TombGuardian
03-09-16, 18:04
This is how it appears to me. In the -setup is working at 32 BIT
http://i.imgur.com/228Fcja.jpg
:(

Shakira Croft
03-09-16, 21:18
Thanks Titia and Quentin! I'll have a look ;)

Titak
03-09-16, 21:28
@ TombGuardian:
Have you tried any of the suggestions given? :confused:

That's what I always get when the resolution fo the game is lower than the size of the image (in pixels)

TombGuardian
03-09-16, 22:05
@Titak

Can't fix it D=

Shakira Croft
04-09-16, 14:32
Well after some tests, my sphinx doesn't seem to activate any heavy trigger :confused:

Tombraiderplay
04-09-16, 14:39
try using fexinspect to see how core originally did it .... if i can i will for u :D

edit : after checking it out : no special setup seems to be used :confused: .... just a heavy trigger on the tile there is an eye on ( tomb of semerket ) :ponder:

tho i noticed there were some " AI follow " s in the rooms BEFORE

:D i made it red cuz i dont want you to try to put AI follows on the triggers places cuz that would be wasting ur time :D

Joey79100
04-09-16, 14:45
@Titak

Can't fix it D=

Have you changed the resolution of the image to your game's resolution, using Paint or something like that?

Shakira Croft
04-09-16, 15:24
try using fexinspect to see how core originally did it .... if i can i will for u :D

edit : after checking it out : no special setup seems to be used :confused: .... just a heavy trigger on the tile there is an eye on ( tomb of semerket ) :ponder:

tho i noticed there were some " AI follow " s in the rooms BEFORE

:D i made it red cuz i dont want you to try to put AI follows on the triggers places cuz that would be wasting ur time :D

Haha thanks! Yes I just noticed the AI follow, I may give it a try :ponder:

LoreRaider
04-09-16, 16:17
Hey guys :)
Does anyone have the blade (i think phinth_blade) of TR4 Giza levels? Because i've already searched on wads of those levels but i didn't find that :/

Found that! It's on Chain slot, thanks anyway :)

Octo
05-09-16, 12:29
Hi
Does anyone know how to increase the distance you can look before it fades out, if that makes sense:o

AkyV
05-09-16, 12:34
You need TRNG for that.
See LevelFarView or WorldFarView Script commands.

sackboy123
05-09-16, 12:42
Is he talking about draw distance because you can increase it also with TREP if you're using the standard TRLE

tomb2player
05-09-16, 12:45
I never understood what is the difference between LevelFarView and WorldFarView. Is WorldFarView used for all levels, while other to one particular level?

AkyV
05-09-16, 12:49
Yes. For example, Level1, 2, 4 and 5 for Distance 50 and Level3 for Distance 40, then

Options - WorldFarView=50
Level1 - No FarView command
Level2 - No FarView command
Level3 - LevelFarView=40
Level4 - No FarView command
Level5 - No FarView command

And, like Paolone wrote, LevelFarView in any level cannot be bigger than WorldFarView.

tomb2player
05-09-16, 12:51
I understand now, thanks.

TombGuardian
05-09-16, 13:01
Oh! That's why the fog command didn't work!
I mean... the black 'fog' that hide everything isn't the fog but the view limit?

AkyV
05-09-16, 13:07
Draw distance and distance fog are not the same.
If you'd like a colored fog with Fog command, then disable Volumetric FX, eg. in the game setup. Or else Fog will affect the fog bulbs, not the distance fog.

EDIT:
Maybe these images help to understand:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426360&postcount=5

Octo
05-09-16, 13:42
It Works! Thanks for the help:D

TombGuardian
05-09-16, 13:43
Draw distance and distance fog are not the same.
If you'd like a colored fog with Fog command, then disable Volumetric FX, eg. in the game setup. Or else Fog will affect the fog bulbs, not the distance fog.

EDIT:
Maybe these images help to understand:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7426360&postcount=5
Thanks for the link!

EDIT: I've tried to put the LevelFarView in my level... to try if it worked but...
I've put '100' in the Y slot... and still:
http://i.imgur.com/mwmfaBu.png
I've tried both Volumetric FX On and Off... it was the same...

Then I've tried to increase it to 160, still no difference D=

What happened? Is it broken?

AkyV
05-09-16, 14:27
I said just above:

And, like Paolone wrote, LevelFarView in any level cannot be bigger than WorldFarView.

So you need a WorldFarView in Options block everyway , if you have a LevelFarView, because if you don't have WorldFarView, then WorldFarView=0, which is naturally less than any LevelFarView.

EDIT:
Except if LevelFarView<=default 20. In that case you don't need WorldFarView.

TombGuardian
05-09-16, 14:37
I said just above:

So you need a WorldFarView in Options block everyway , if you have a LevelFarView, because if you don't have WorldFarView, then WorldFarView=0, which is naturally less than any LevelFarView.

EDIT:
Except if LevelFarView<=default 20. In that case you don't need WorldFarView.

Oh ok! I gotta try that out! I've read in that link that you could decide to not put WorldFarView. Thanks :)

Titak
05-09-16, 16:10
Could you post your questions in just one thread please?
Havign them in multiple threads can be confusing and people will have a harder time reacting to some possible solution or tip another person might have given in the other thread.

Niveus
05-09-16, 17:32
Pff, maybe someone knows? :confused:
So (long story short) I'm trying to move something a certain distance (542.72 units) from the origin in Meta. I have the put the angle into a local axis, but the "move" function inside the local axis tool outputs co-ordinates from the global axis instead of the local one. Now, maybe someone knows how to move a mesh along a local axis a precise distance? :confused:

Or perhaps someone can tell me a formula for working out the final co-ordinates when I have the distance, the first co-ordinates, and the angle?

Only, Google only gives me formulas how to calculate the distance between two vectors, instead I want to know the co-ordinates of a second vector from the angle from the first and the distance.

Krystian
05-09-16, 18:49
If this movement is confined to two dimensions (two axes, like XY, XZ, YZ) then the formula for rotation would look something like this:

new axis 1 coordinate = axis 1 coordinate + distance * cos(angle)

new axis 2 coordinate = axis 2 coordinate + distance * sin(angle)

However, if this movement involves all 3 dimensions, then the formula changes drastically and becomes much less convenient to use (this is because not one, but three angles are involved).

I'm no expert on Meta and thus can't really help you out with this problem, but if you have Blender and this is an option for you (the mesh is still untextured), you could export the mesh to an appropriate format and import it into Blender. Once there, moving the mesh along a local axis is as simple as tapping X, Y or Z twice (depending on the axis along which you want to move).

TombGuardian
05-09-16, 19:51
Could you post your questions in just one thread please?
Havign them in multiple threads can be confusing and people will have a harder time reacting to some possible solution or tip another person might have given in the other thread.

Yeah sorry, I didn't want to do that in the first place... but didn't know which thread was going to be better for questions... since I usually use my thread for questions, but I've got a question about a thing in this thread(I wanted to reply to someone here)
I'm sorry again D=

Titak
06-09-16, 08:43
^
Thanks. :tmb:

This thread is ofcourse always good for asking questions, but so is your own levelthread if you want to keep things together.
Either thread, or even a totally new thread, is fine. :D

aidanmalone
06-09-16, 09:54
Are there any animations that allow Lara to pull dual weapons from her bag rather than her holsters? I can't find any on TRSearch

This is indeed an update to my question and our trial and error on the holsters thing Titak. I have decided to see if I can find any animations to pull weapons out of her bag rather than holsters and then texture every single holster mesh invisible :) Seems like a less troublesome approach :p#

EDIT: No matter, about 2 minutes later I realised that PoYu's AoD jeans outfit had a concealed dual weapons animation :) No need to reply to this post.