PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75

Erikku
07-09-16, 17:28
Is it possible to have both fog bulbs and distance fog enabled in NGLE?
Or do we have to choose one of them?

Shakira Croft
07-09-16, 22:14
You can within the same level but not at the same time :)

SrDanielPonces
07-09-16, 23:06
do you guys know if 3dsmax makes automatic saves? I had just finished an animation and it crashed right before I was going to export it.

Zreen001
08-09-16, 00:41
You can within the same level but not at the same time :)

I believe there's flipeffects that can turn on/off Volumetric Effects (fog bulbs vs distance fog) within the level.

Erikku
08-09-16, 02:59
Thanks Zreen001 and Shakira Croft.
Switching through the fog effects with Volumetric Effects feels like too much work for my open environment level, bu I'll keep it in mind if I have smaller areas in my level next time.
Guess I'll have to give up on fog this time. :)

Forgive e for another basic question.
I saw this in the screenshot thread a while ago:
I decided to fiddle around even more more with more realistic water (for Venice). I think it's alright, considering the original water in Venice was complete transparent (which doens't look the water in Venice at all).

https://s32.postimg.org/t03n7ygj9/shot452.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/j42k8bar9/shot453.jpg

From above the surface of the water is slightly reflective, yet completely incapable of showing the floor below. Trimming the outer edge with static ripples is also possible with this setup.

https://s32.postimg.org/aag94yd6d/shot454.jpg
https://s32.postimg.org/rp0hd8ab9/shot455.jpg

As the camera dips beneath the surface, the fogs level changes entirely, creating a dense, murky body of water for Lara to traverse through. The water surface prevents the player from seeing the world above and to maintain the illusion, but could be changed to look like it's sunny, with added rays of light.

This would be perfect for swamps, pools of blood, radioactive waste, or anything else.

The power of flipeffects and flipmaps. :wve:

I want to try a similar effect in my level. How do I use flipeffects and flipmaps. Do I need to trigger everything underwater?
Sorry I really have no idea :o

TombGuardian
08-09-16, 16:03
Anyone knows where I can get the 'BTB NL 2013' Wad and the 'BTB Greece 2015' Wads?
And how do I recognize who has made which item? :o

THOR2010
08-09-16, 16:28
http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/index.asp?Kat_1=Wad&id=%25
^theres the greece set, idk about the northern legends pack

Shakira Croft
08-09-16, 16:34
Here you go :)

http://trforge.net/php/index.php?wad-tga-sets-english

TombGuardian
08-09-16, 16:40
http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/index.asp?Kat_1=Wad&id=%25
^theres the greece set, idk about the northern legends pack

Here you go :)

http://trforge.net/php/index.php?wad-tga-sets-english

Yay thank you both so much! ^-^

Erikku
09-09-16, 13:17
When scripting a flipeffect to change the fog colour at a certain condition, I get:
TriggerGroup= 2, $2000, 194, $78, $2000, 227, $59, $2000, 224, $7 ;Fog Start (0), Fog End (25), Fog Color (0 = Blue)
However I'd like to change the colour to a darker blue colour that isnt in the list in NGLE.
Is this possible?
If so, how?

AkyV
09-09-16, 13:28
Is it possible to have both fog bulbs and distance fog enabled in NGLE?
Or do we have to choose one of them?

The exact answer is:
Volumetric FX is enabled= colorful fog bulbs are possible/only black distance fog is possible
Volumetric FX is disabled= fog bulbs are no possible/colorful distance fog is possible

When scripting a flipeffect to change the fog colour at a certain condition, I get:
TriggerGroup= 2, $2000, 194, $78, $2000, 227, $59, $2000, 224, $7 ;Fog Start (0), Fog End (25), Fog Color (0 = Blue)
However I'd like to change the colour to a darker blue colour that isnt in the list in NGLE.
Is this possible?
If so, how?

Use a Fog command instead of the flipeffect for the color.
That will be the distance fog color
- if Volumetric FX is disabled when the level starts
- if you disable Volumetric FX during the level (till that, fog bulbs of the level have that color).

-----------------

This is TRNG.
Next time ask it in the TRNG section, please.

Erikku
09-09-16, 13:45
Thanks! And sorry, didn't notice there were 2 different threads for it.

SrDanielPonces
09-09-16, 21:19
does anyone have counted how much seconds/frames does it take for a rolling ball to get down of an X click slope? that'd help me and possibly other people to time perfectly their stuff :)

Tombraiderplay
10-09-16, 17:19
Depends on the slope clicks ... boulders in TR4 tend to jump if the fall hard keep that in mind ....

Erikku
12-09-16, 04:01
Do you guys use any bump mapping.
If so can I know how you guys use it (I mean which textures you apply it too and why)
I tried to apply it, but it made my textures look ugly and even more low res in my opinion...

Titak
12-09-16, 12:21
I haven't used the bumpmapping feature in ages, especially not since I'm using 128x128 textures now.
I agree that it does not always make textures look better.

Erikku
13-09-16, 08:13
Thanks Titak.
I guess I'll just refrain from using bump mapping for now then :D

GoldfishGam3r
14-09-16, 18:00
Hey guys! I was trying to make a fence with a transparent textrue, so I made the usual door from one room to another, used 'Toggle Opacity', placed textures, but then, in-game, I can walk through the door. Am I missing something? As far as I know, 'Toggle Opacity 2' is the one that let's you walk through the texture, not 'Toggle Opacity'. Even weirder, I've made windows in this same level using the same process and didn't have a problem.

LoreRaider
14-09-16, 18:04
Hey guys! I was trying to make a fence with a transparent textrue, so I made the usual door from one room to another, used 'Toggle Opacity', placed textures, but then, in-game, I can walk through the door. Am I missing something? As far as I know, 'Toggle Opacity 2' is the one that let's you walk through the texture, not 'Toggle Opacity'. Even weirder, I've made windows in this same level using the same process and didn't have a problem.

You have to use toggle opacity in both sides of the door :tmb:

GoldfishGam3r
14-09-16, 18:09
You have to use toggle opacity in both sides of the door :tmb:

I did :(

EDIT:
Here's a video of the problem to make it more clear: https://youtu.be/53sZ2z3jQG4
Any ideas?

LoreRaider
14-09-16, 19:14
Hum... really strange... try to re-do the door, also try Toggle Opacity 2, even if it's the first one to use...

GoldfishGam3r
14-09-16, 19:22
Hum... really strange... try to re-do the door, also try Toggle Opacity 2, even if it's the first one to use...

I tried that, also didn't work. I hate this editor sometimes XD

GoldfishGam3r
14-09-16, 20:39
Welp, I got it fixed. Found some weird bug, where if the top of the room was also a door, the wall wouldn't be solid. By removing the door on top, the fence is now solid. Very weird behaviour, and I have no idea why it happens, but oh well. I just slightly changed my level to accomodate this bug, so all is well :) Thanks for the help ^^

Titak
14-09-16, 21:04
It's normal behaviour.
Doors can't be solid if the door above it isn't.

One would think it wouldn't matter and fences could be created like that, but nope, that's the editor for ya. :(

If the fence does not have to be climbable, you could use fence objects. :D

GoldfishGam3r
14-09-16, 21:55
It's normal behaviour.
Doors can't be solid if the door above it isn't.

One would think it wouldn't matter and fences could be created like that, but nope, that's the editor for ya. :(

If the fence does not have to climbable, you could use fence objects. :D

That's a really good idea! Thank you very much Titak :jmp:

Octo
19-09-16, 15:35
Hi
How do I set up the torch puzzle where you have to light torches on a wall?

DJ Full
19-09-16, 15:53
Hi
Any inactive flame will burn automatically when you press Action while holding the torch next to it. Anything it's supposed to activate requires a HEAVY under such flame, with partial codebits in case if you wanna light more than one.

Octo
19-09-16, 17:10
Now when she lights a torch she doesn't do the normal animation, just this weird one where she puts her hands in the air. What's causing this?

DJ Full
19-09-16, 17:15
Make sure you're using revised wads, you can get them from laraslevelbase.org. They contain all necessary animations. If that's not the case check if the flame emitter is positioned correctly - always good to use the default one, when viewed in StrPix it appears on the floor.

Octo
20-09-16, 16:14
Is it safe to add textures to a tga file half way through making a level. I've never done it before and don't want to mess anything up

tomb2player
20-09-16, 16:40
Yes, as long as you don't replace or remove existing ones, because it will affect texturing in editor.

Octo
20-09-16, 17:27
Existing as in already in the tga or only ones that have been used in the map. Also, is 512 the maximum amount of textures you can use in a tga?

LoreRaider
20-09-16, 17:58
Existing as in already in the tga or only ones that have been used in the map. Also, is 512 the maximum amount of textures you can use in a tga?

The limit it's 1024 textures, as the editor says :)

matrix54
21-09-16, 15:35
I have a major problem! For some reason, whenever I try to go to the main menu, the game just hangs. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the level count. I'm pushing 39. :o

Erikku
21-09-16, 18:26
Did you try to erase some levels from the script, just to see if it's working properly with less levels?

I have my waterfallmists of another room showing through the horizon of a total different room.
Is there something to do against this?

Octo
21-09-16, 20:31
I have my waterfallmists of another room showing through the horizon of a total different room.
Is there something to do against this?

Maybe put a wall in the way to cover it.

In the editor it says 256 of 256 textures in red but I have more than 256 textures. This has resulted in really glitchy textures in-game. How do I increase this number of textures?

tomb2player
21-09-16, 20:47
You mean "256/256 texinfos" in TRLE? In TRNG (NGLE) you can have 1024/1024.

Octo
21-09-16, 20:57
You mean "256/256 texinfos" in TRLE? In TRNG (NGLE) you can have 1024/1024.

I'm using NGLE but it still says 256 textures

tomb2player
21-09-16, 22:31
Where? Can you post picture? In NGLE you can have 1024 geometry textures in one level.

matrix54
22-09-16, 02:07
It fixed itself, I think. I don't know...

Octo
22-09-16, 15:19
Where? Can you post picture? In NGLE you can have 1024 geometry textures in one level.
http://imgur.com/a/D5sdH

It says 1024 Texinfos but it says 256 of 256 textures in red
Would saving the wad work?

Titak
22-09-16, 15:41
What you see there is correct.
That 256 is the max amount of 128x128 tiles on a TGA.

That 1024 text infos thing is how many different textures you have made by selecting them in the TGA and applied to the roomgeometry.
Like, one 1-click high strip of a 128x128 texture counts as text info.

Octo
22-09-16, 15:53
How do I remove textures from a tga. I don't know if this is causing the problem but there are repeated textures at the bottom of the list from when I moved them up (I didn't realise you could get an extra column on TBuilder). Also, what is the fix for the glitchy textures.

Joey79100
22-09-16, 17:13
A .TGA file is just an image file after all, so if you want you can do that yourself, or leave it like it is, or replace the textures by other textures, or by black... The editor doesn't care at all about that (ie. a file full of black is just the same as a file with the same size with different textures on it).
The only thing it needs is a correct dimension (multiple of 256, but TBuilder automatically does that).
To actually remove textures, you'd have to reduce the TGA's height.

Also, what do you mean by "glitchy textures"? :ponder:

Octo
22-09-16, 17:15
See the link I posted above. The textures are only glitchy in-game
It looks like the textures have been cut up and stuck together in random places

tomb2player
22-09-16, 17:22
As far as I remember, there were limitations where it comes to selecting texture by pressing right mouse button, if you want to select smaller piece or larger than standard 128x128. You need to stick to grid, but I don't remember how this grid was look like. If you made wrong right mouse button selection, bug like you mentioned will appear.

Joey79100
22-09-16, 17:23
Is it all the textures or some of them only?

I've had this bug sometimes, but didn't really care about it. I think it has to do with having too much TexInfos (textures used in the rooms, including all the cropped and/or mirrored textures). *CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG*

So you'd have to reduce that. There's a function in NGLE in the Textures menu that is called Remove Unused TexInfos, you could try that (and then reset and re-apply your animation ranges because I think it crashes the level if you don't do that).

I'm really not sure of what I'm saying here though as I don't remember, so make backups before trying things and don't take my information as facts because maybe they are false. :p

EDIT: Oh, and to complete tomb2player's post that I've just seen, some things I think Paolone said. In the texture panel, avoid cropping a texture as much as possible: if you've already put a similar segment of that texture somewhere in one of your rooms, right click on this one instead, so it avoids the risk of creating a new identical TexInfo for your segment.
Also, cropping textures even without placing them on the map seems to raise TexInfos amount.

tomb2player
22-09-16, 17:34
Having too much texinfos will result in very similar bug, but amount of them have to be very close to 1024 limit, or about 8192 ( don't remember exact value ) in whole level including objects.

EDIT: It's not possible to create 2 identical tex infos, another the same selection will not add new tex info. And only textures that are placed on the map are counted to tex infos. This tex info counter in NGLE is a bit bad, because it change only when you add new tex info, and if you remove, it don't. And because of that there is option "Remove Unused Tail Infos" - to reset this counter, in case you remove tail infos from level, so it shows again correct amount of them. You don't need to use this option at all, it's just for information. NG_Tom2PC will show correct amount of textures every time. :D

Octo
22-09-16, 17:57
I'm not that far into this level. It wouldn't be such a bad idea to start fresh with everything ready before so I don't run into these kinds of problems

OverRaider
22-09-16, 21:04
So I am trying to create a texture with magenta transparency according Maax`s tutorial and I managed to create something, well something :D I still am not satisfied with the result, I mean how to correctly resize the image to keep good quality? Let`s say I find a picture on the net which is too big, I resize it to 128x128 and then applying the magenta but in-game it seems to be very bad quality (128x128 magenta applied on 4x4 click/1x1 block sqaure), it looks like too pixelated.... (tried jpg,pnd,bmp formats)

Also we can see in Maax`s tutorial that he is applying Quick Selection Tool or Lasso Tool to highlight borders and then he just simply cut it out to reveal the magenta layer2, well I tried to did the same but I don`t know how to cut it out I mean what key did he press on keyboard? The only key working for me is Delete but it somehow doesn`t work for me properly, because sometimes it affects to adjasent pixels (it paints with purple or pink)even though anti-alliasing as well as auto-enhance are off :confused: and then I have to paint all the affected pixels ....naaah seems like this magenta transparency thing is beyond my understandings...

Anyone can help me?

EDIT: My mistake about the cutting selection out, or it is rather filling the selection ... I just forgot to use Layer Mask

But if anybady can give me suggestion about what is the best way to resize the image keeping good quality and what formats are best to work with, I would appreciate it very much :)

Octo
24-09-16, 18:34
In the editor it says you can have up to 1024 texinfos but in ng_tom2pc it says I have over 6000. Is this what's causing my problem?

Tombraiderplay
24-09-16, 18:46
Do you have over 6000 ? Plus i think in NG the limit is a bit higher ?

Octo
24-09-16, 19:00
It's fixed:yah: Using map converted again seemed to fix it

DJ Full
25-09-16, 06:10
I'm trying to arrange textures in a wad but they won't align properly.
On pages 9 and 10 tiles won't start at x0 y0 but with offset of x64 y0.
Both pages have tiles 87 pixels high. Looks like a value Strpix doesn't like.
All other pages have tiles starting at x0 y0 regardless from size.
Does anybody know something more?

sapper
25-09-16, 10:21
No idea what's happening DJFull.

What technique are you using to arrange textures?

DJ Full
25-09-16, 12:07
Technique? Are there any official techniques?
Let's say we have two tiles sized 100x100.
They have equal height so will appear next of each other.
But they will leave blank space to the right side of the wad.
Since this row is sized to 256x100 the blank space is 56x100.
If there was a tile of these dimensions it would fill this space.
Such tile is not in the wad so I look for whatever will fit if rotated.
For instance I find a tile sized to 105x60. I rotate it to 60x105.
If I can I resize a little bit, to desired 56x100. I save in StrPix.
I load/Save in Wadmerger, reopen in Strpix, the file hops in place.

Unfortunately, tiles of equal height are then sorted by width.
So to leave no blank space the rows of tiles must e.g. go like this:
Row 1: width 100, 100, 56.
Row 2: width 56, 56, 56, 56, 32.
Row 3: width 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32, 32...
Each row begins with a tile narrower than last tile in previous row.

Eventually I reach the point when I cannot fit more tiles vertically.
Let's assume we have a page with row A: height 100, row B: height 99.
Together they're 199 high, the page is 256. 57 left blank at page bottom.
Any further tiles of height 99 won't fit but will form a new page.
The blank bottom of the previous page may get some tiles 57 high.
But sometimes just one such tile is used, even if I have more this high.
In that bottom row other tiles may follow, also sorted by width.
Italic part is really messy and I couldn't completely understand it.

Octo
25-09-16, 16:28
The problems don't stop:hea: Now the game crashes when I exit to the title screen

DJ Full
25-09-16, 17:59
Octo, 1024 is limit for irregular user tiles, the ones you drag-select in TGA.
The global texture limit, wad+tga, is based on 8192 but usually around 8150.
6000 you have is pretty safe, and title crash is possibly not because of it.
You need to set up the misc stuff like load camera in the script.

==============================================

Sapper, one more question:
how can I view level textures if the level is too heavy for PixStr?

Octo
25-09-16, 20:12
The load camera is fine. The crash only started happening after my computer updated. Everything else seems to be working fine though

moodydog
25-09-16, 21:17
Hey, just got back into building. I am constructing a test level with basic building blocks. It's kind of weird to describe, but I've just noticed something. A 4x4x4 WxLxH block seems to one standard unit size (I know you can also have 4x4x3, 4x4x3 and 4x4x1)... but it almost looks too large for Lara, or Lara seems to small. Is there any way you can change Lara's model size to be 4 clicks high (proportionally) without messing up the animations?

Erikku
27-09-16, 15:39
Ok so I'm having these doors that open once you complete a puzzle (with use of a key trigger) and when in the next room there is one shatter object. If you shoot it, it will activate a trap. However I'd also like to make that shatter close the doors. Any ideas on how to do this? For some reason trigger and anti-trigger doesn't work???

@MoodyDog: Isn't it possible to after you've made Lara's meshes a little bigger (if that's what you're talking about) to move the meshes in wadmerger to have the animations play correctly?
At least that's what I did with my TR2 crow which looked way to big for some reason. By replacing the meshes to smaller ones the animations were all messed up, but when I moved all the meshes in the anim editor with no animation selected to the correct place the animations seemed to play fine.

Octo
28-09-16, 18:28
So I've found out that the game won't crash when exiting to title if I am using the original title wad but continues to crash for the title I want to use.

sapper
29-09-16, 01:05
What number sequence is the flyby in the title?

If it is 0 make it 1.

I think original title starts at sequence 1 so match that.

Titak
29-09-16, 09:08
Ok so I'm having these doors that open once you complete a puzzle (with use of a key trigger) and when in the next room there is one shatter object. If you shoot it, it will activate a trap. However I'd also like to make that shatter close the doors. Any ideas on how to do this? For some reason trigger and anti-trigger doesn't work???
A regular trigger becomes an anti-trigger when it is stacked on top of an anti-trigger. It's a standard TRLE thing.

So, for the doors, I'm thinking of a trick that can be used with flame-emitters for sure. You'll have to try to see if it also works for doors. I guess it will, but I haven't tried it with doors.

Open the OCB of those doors and press all 5 codebits buttons.
This automatically triggers the doors to open at the start of the level.

To close them you only need to place a regular trigger for each door. And those can then be stacked onto the heavy-trigger for the shatter.

Are you using TRNG by any chance?
If so, action triggers can be used to open and close doors, without having to use the old fashioned anti-trigger.

Erikku
29-09-16, 16:39
Thanks for your help Titak! :hug:
My level is slowly getting there. :D
Yes I am using NGLE.
Didn't even know about Action triggers.
I will check and try out both the classic and action trigger ways so I know how to use both of them in case I'll need it again in the future.

Titak
29-09-16, 17:00
Classic triggers can't be exported to the script.
So that's why Paolone also converted the old triggers to Action triggers. Those can be exported. :D

So when looking into opening/closing doors, you need to look at the "Trigger" section in the Action trigger type list.

Erikku
29-09-16, 17:05
Ah I see! I'll take a look there then :)

Octo
29-09-16, 21:03
I'm completely reinstalling TRLE and TRNG and I forgot how to update the NG_CENTER to 1.4.192:hea:. I know it doesn't work from the updates tab in the center.

Erikku
30-09-16, 05:50
A regular trigger becomes an anti-trigger when it is stacked on top of an anti-trigger. It's a standard TRLE thing.

So, for the doors, I'm thinking of a trick that can be used with flame-emitters for sure. You'll have to try to see if it also works for doors. I guess it will, but I haven't tried it with doors.

Open the OCB of those doors and press all 5 codebits buttons.
This automatically triggers the doors to open at the start of the level.

To close them you only need to place a regular trigger for each door. And those can then be stacked onto the heavy-trigger for the shatter.

Are you using TRNG by any chance?
If so, action triggers can be used to open and close doors, without having to use the old fashioned anti-trigger.

For some reason I tried both of this, but the door only opens and after it's open it won't close :(
Is it a problem with the object?
I found out that even with a normal switch it won't close...

AkyV
30-09-16, 10:38
Open Set Trigger Type panel (STT). When you hear us to say a trigger code (like F47, A14, C52 etc.) then you need to type that code in STT, in a window that opens when you click on Find Trigger Number button of STT.

So you need this:
- Open the doors with the key, as you wanted it, keeping 0 in the door OCB window.
- Under SHATTER object you need a usual HEAVY to OBJECT trigger to activate the trap.
- Also on the SHATTER square, you also need a TRIGGER with A44 code for the door.

Erikku
30-09-16, 16:02
This worked!
Putting all the OCB's on and trigger it just kept the doors open.
Also with the Action triggers what I did was the Trigger<close door> one, but it didn't move at all. Then I tried to the <force animation 1-31> and forced the closing animation, which worked, but after it played the animation it returned to the open door state.
But the A44 code thing did work.
I don't really get the differences but glad i can finally move on to the next chamber now.
Thanks a lot! :D

Octo
30-09-16, 19:51
Sometimes my antivirus software will detect downloaded levels as malware and remove them. Is there a way to stop this from happening?

EDIT: Fixed it. Not sure if it is the same for every antivirus software but you can exclude certain folders and files from being scanned

Joey79100
30-09-16, 20:43
You've found the way.

It's normal, custom levels often use a patched version of the tomb4 executable, so when the antivirus detects that it's not the same tomb4 as it knows, it's "afraid" of it and deletes it.

DJ Full
01-10-16, 20:50
Is there any sure way to prevent walking vertices?
All is fine if you follow the grid but one transformation messes things up.
Can I force meta to scale/extrude/rotate while keeping the interval?

Erikku
03-10-16, 03:17
I have a pushable with ocb 68 (to make it climbable) and I want it to trigger a raising block when on a certain square (not the same square as the raising block).
However I tried heavy triggers and heavy switch triggers, but it doesn't seem to trigger anything.
If I trigger the raising block normally it just raises.
What did I do wrong?

Boobandie
03-10-16, 03:21
Is there any sure way to prevent walking vertices?
All is fine if you follow the grid but one transformation messes things up.
Can I force meta to scale/extrude/rotate while keeping the interval?

I would also like to know this. Im tired of having to manually clip every verticie to a full number when i rescale objects.

I suppose you could always export it, open it in stripix (so it clips) then open it again in meta.

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 17:37
Hi! I'm posting this because i need some kind of..Step by step help.
It's been two years that i simply dream of Downloading the Level Editor, especially
the Tomb raider II level editor. However, i have no clue where to go, or how to do it.
If anybody here that has already made it work could give me some help, or guide...
I would be infinitly thankfull.
I'm on a Windows 8.
- Thanks in advance!

Titak
03-10-16, 17:43
Welcome to this forum, Sheepy Cyanide! :wve:

Tomb raider II level editor? :ponder:
The Level Editor is used with the TR4 engine.
There's an unofficial editor (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=78224) with which you can build levels with the TR1-TR5 engines.

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 17:54
Oh, thanks. ^^
How do i install it?

Titak
03-10-16, 18:15
You mean the unofficial editor so you can make levels using the TR2 engine?
I do not use it so I do not know anything about it.

As for the TRLE: http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/index.html

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 18:20
Oh, i see. Thanks a lot for your help.
I'll probably ask a lot of people. ^^

Titak
03-10-16, 18:23
No problem, that's what this forum is for. :D

tomb2player
03-10-16, 18:28
Hi! I'm posting this because i need some kind of..Step by step help.
It's been two years that i simply dream of Downloading the Level Editor, especially
the Tomb raider II level editor. However, i have no clue where to go, or how to do it.
If anybody here that has already made it work could give me some help, or guide...
I would be infinitly thankfull.
I'm on a Windows 8.
- Thanks in advance!

I advice to use TRNG. Because TR2 engine is very limited, while in TRNG limits are a lot bigger, and with proper scripts etc. you can make 90% of things that were in TR2. ;)

moodydog
03-10-16, 18:34
Anyone have any advice on making realistic and varied transition textures? I really don't know where to start. How many I'd need etc, what's the best way to do it? I want to make as many as possible.

:)

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 19:17
I advice to use TRNG. Because TR2 engine is very limited, while in TRNG limits are a lot bigger, and with proper scripts etc. you can make 90% of things that were in TR2. ;)
Thanks for you concern, but i'm really devoted to
using that engine... Would you happen to know how i should proceed? ^^"

tomb2player
03-10-16, 19:24
As far as I know, only unofficial Dxtre3D editor and its previous versions can be used to make TR2 levels.

moodydog, there are several ways, one of them is to make 2 layers of texture, and then erase one of them with rubber on the proper places. I am pretty sure there are tutorials about this in forums tutorial section. How many would you need? It depends only on you, for example in TR2 40 Fathoms level there is only one rock transition texture, while in The Great Wall there is bunch of them, from rock to grass, grass to sand, etc.

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 19:26
Ok then. I'll try to find a link that isn't dead.
Thank you so much!

Sheepy Cyanide
03-10-16, 19:57
Well, couldn't find it.. I guess i'm gonna use NGLE.
If i actually suceed downloading it. (Yes, i'm that bad. I couldn't even get the damn thing on my computer X>)

moodydog
03-10-16, 20:02
moodydog, there are several ways, one of them is to make 2 layers of texture, and then erase one of them with rubber on the proper places. I am pretty sure there are tutorials about this in forums tutorial section. How many would you need? It depends only on you, for example in TR2 40 Fathoms level there is only one rock transition texture, while in The Great Wall there is bunch of them, from rock to grass, grass to sand, etc.

Hi, thanks. But sorry I'll try to be a bit more specific. I know technically *how to make transition textures, I know quite a bit about texture modifying. Though whenever I've made transitions, I've made cut through the middle transitions (one texture fades to another) or a diagonal transition and they all look really basic and fairly limited in usage). I am looking for a bit of advice/ inspiration on how to make more realistic and varied transitions rather than following tutorials about how to blend textures together. One of the best ways I suppose, is to see how someone else has made their transitions, if they wouldn't mind me examining their texture sets *purely for educational purposes.

Sheepy Cyanide
04-10-16, 15:21
Oh, dear... I'm back again with my newbie questions.
You are all probably going to laugh, but...
How do i install TRLE and NGLE?
The furthest i suceeded to go was after accepting the NC_Center Setup, and trying to open WADMerger. A message saying i lacked "GLUT32.DLL" on my computer showed up.

If you are intrusted in Helping me, please send me a private message. Sorry for bothering a second time, a thanks a lot for listening. ^w^

Titak
04-10-16, 16:21
After installing the TRLE, can you open the winroomedit.exe?
Because that is the level editor program.
WADMerger is used to copy objects from oen wad to another, somethign you don't really need at this point yet. It is best to first get to knwo the editor and the files it uses in which way.

So, is the editor working?

MBog
04-10-16, 17:07
Does anyone have any idea on how that gigantic Morgana battle from King Arthur Battle was made?

GeekOfComedy
07-10-16, 16:41
Here's an odd question which I've seen done but don't know how to do...

How can you animate 128x128 water textures? I know how to animate 64x64 ones but I've seen 128x128 animated but can't do it myself. :o

Speaking of water anyone have recommendations on good water fountain particles, I'm trying to make a light stream and something like this could work well but I haven't found anything on TRSearch...

1veNRJkpCiM

Thanks everyone. :D

Titak
07-10-16, 17:44
For 128x128 textures to animate, your project needs to be a V50 project.
If your prj is still a V49, you can convert it to V50 by using MapConverter. :D

Ehm... just checked my own TRNG folder and can't find MapConverter.
Anyone know where it lives? :p

LoreRaider
07-10-16, 17:51
It's on Tools folder :p

GeekOfComedy
07-10-16, 17:54
For 128x128 textures to animate, your project needs to be a V49 project.
If your prj is still a V50, you can convert it to V49 by using MapConverter. :D

Do new projects in NGLE start as V50 :confused:

LoreRaider
07-10-16, 18:07
Do new projects in NGLE start as V50 :confused:

Nope, as v49 :)

DJ Full
07-10-16, 18:14
For 128x128 textures to animate, your project needs to be a V49 project. If your prj is still a V50, you can convert it to V49 by using MapConverter.? Isn't that the other way around? V50 has 128x128 grid.

The conversion can be checked when you load the project - if you don't touch anything and see the default selection is 128x128, then it's fine. If not you need to reconvert before you texture anything.

egypt_gypsie
08-10-16, 20:26
Would there be any way to extract the footstep sound Lara makes in the TR1 Beta, and in the FMV's? It is different from her normal footstep sound in TR1.

A_De
09-10-16, 08:04
There is a program on laraslevelbase site called WaveRaider, I guess it can do extraction.

Titak
09-10-16, 10:04
For 128x128 textures to animate, your project needs to be a V50 project. If your prj is still a V49, you can convert it to V50 by using MapConverter.? Isn't that the other way around? V50 has 128x128 grid.
What are you talking about.
I got it right. :whi:

Thank goodness for edits. Thanks for correcting me. :D

It's on Tools folder :pI checked that folder before posting the question and didn't see it.
Now it is there.
Must have overlooked it or must have looked in the wrong folder. :vlol:

DJ Full
09-10-16, 10:31
What are you talking about.
I got it right. :whi:Ha, you confused me for few seconds :D

Anyway, it could be good if Paolone or somebody who knows how texture mapping works provided a tool which can convert the infos when the level is already textured. Because many builders still have no idea and I have seen too many projects which went too far and then had to be entirely retextured when the author realized the conversion is necessary.

GeekOfComedy
09-10-16, 17:59
Ha, you confused me for few seconds :D

Anyway, it could be good if Paolone or somebody who knows how texture mapping works provided a tool which can convert the infos when the level is already textured. Because many builders still have no idea and I have seen too many projects which went too far and then had to be entirely retextured when the author realized the conversion is necessary.

I'm in that camp right now. Thankfully for my new project I haven't finalised textures. :o

Why don't new NGLE projects just start at V50? :confused:

darylbaxter
09-10-16, 18:30
I'm really loving TRLE lately.
Lots of fun, lots of innovation.

And, I have to say.
It's great to finally not have to see 'Official' followed by a mod/editor title in so many topics as I used to see anymore.

Keep it up :)

Octo
10-10-16, 15:54
So I have this tree but it only appears if you're looking at it from a certain angle (as shown in the screens.) Is there a possible fix for this
http://imgur.com/a/0I912

Titak
10-10-16, 16:16
This disappearing usually happens when an object is placed in one room and parts of it are sticking into another room. When in that other room and looking at the object, it can disappear like that at certain angles.

So make sure the objects is not sticking into another room.
Extending the visibility box in STRPix can also help solve the problem.
And if it is a static, you can also place two of the objects: keep the one where it is now and also place a second one in the room it is sticking into. Place it in such a way that they overlap perfectly. Also make sure you light them the same way, so you won't see the flickering of faces going through eachother.

Sheepy Cyanide
13-10-16, 16:25
After installing the TRLE, can you open the winroomedit.exe?
Because that is the level editor program.
WADMerger is used to copy objects from oen wad to another, somethign you don't really need at this point yet. It is best to first get to knwo the editor and the files it uses in which way.

So, is the editor working?

Yes, i can. And i know how to use it. But i can't install NGLE... It says, on a tutorial i found, that i need to open Wadmerger at some point.
And i kinda... Want to follow instructions correctly.

New Dwight
14-10-16, 10:35
moved

Octo
19-10-16, 21:25
Is there a way to disable triggers or should I just make a flipmap

Titak
19-10-16, 22:04
Making them "one shot" should disable them when they have been activated once.

Octo
20-10-16, 18:56
Sorry, I meant is there a way to disable triggers that haven't been activated yet

Shakira Croft
20-10-16, 19:38
Don't put it on the map? :confused:

Joey79100
20-10-16, 19:46
Trigger Triggerer. :p

It wasn't so easy for me to understand how it works so I'm gonna explain my way, just in case:
Let's say you have a trigger for a door, but you don't want it to activate as long as Lara hasn't walked on a specific point (let's say it's a kind of floor button) even if she steps on the door trigger before stepping on that special floor button.

So, you'll put the trigger for your door wherever you need to. What you need is to "freeze" the triggers on that sector. How? Select the sector, and press the [T] button that is next to the room buttons. You'll see on the 2D map that the sector has a "blue frame" on it. It means the triggers on that sector are frozen.

Now, what you need is to unfreeze that sector when Lara steps on our floor button. How?
Well, put a TRIGGER_TRIGGERER on the sector where you've put the door trigger.
Then, on your floor button sector, put a trigger for that TRIGGER_TRIGGERER. That's all! Activating that special object will unfreeze the sector it is put onto, so next time Lara walks on that sector, the triggers it holds will activate, but if the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER hasn't been activated, then they won't. :)

Octo
20-10-16, 20:06
That wasn't was I was asking but you just taught me something new so thanks:D

What I'm trying to do is set up a spike trap which will kill lara if she steps on it but won't if a lever is pulled before. Or does this work with TRIGGER_TRIGGERERS?

Joey79100
20-10-16, 20:38
Oh, so that would be the other way around then. I have no idea if it is possible to antitrigger TRIGGER_TRIGGERER objects, that might be something interesting to try. :ponder:
This way, you'd have to trigger the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER before Lara gets to see the spikes, and then put an antitrigger for it on the lever sector.
Or maybe pushing the five OCB buttons of the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER so it is triggered at the beginning of the level, and then a simple trigger on the lever sector (as pushing the 5 OCB buttons of an object inverts its activation status - someone correct me if I'm wrong).

A_De
21-10-16, 03:38
O I have no idea if it is possible to antitrigger TRIGGER_TRIGGERER objects, that might be something interesting to try.
It is definitely possible, i already using this :D
Wouldn't advise to set all 5 OCBs on though, the reversing is not always correct in that case.

Titak
21-10-16, 09:53
What I'm trying to do is set up a spike trap which will kill lara if she steps on it but won't if a lever is pulled before. Or does this work with TRIGGER_TRIGGERERS?
The way I understand this now, it can be done without the TRIGGER_TRIGGERER.
Give the spikes the OCB that makes them stick out once. Then, when pulling the switch, trigger them. They will come out once, go back in and stay in, even when you step on the regular trigger for them.
I recently made a trap like this in one of my own levels and it works. :D

Octo
21-10-16, 15:54

SrDanielPonces
22-10-16, 10:40
I'm trying to add some colour tint on some static objects... I put the RGB rolour on the "Object Tint", they have colours in the editor but when I conver and play the level.. the statics are just with the same rgb values. no colours

ugh stupid trle

MBog
22-10-16, 10:52
I'm trying to add some colour tint on some static objects... I put the RGB rolour on the "Object Tint", they have colours in the editor but when I conver and play the level.. the statics are just with the same rgb values. no colours

ugh stupid trle

Maybe in strpix they don t have the static lighting type? I know it happened to once.

SrDanielPonces
22-10-16, 10:56
On the object list it says STATIC

DJ Full
23-10-16, 12:32
It can say static but still have moveable lighting applied. StrPix has an option to change lighting type.

EDIT:
Wow I cannot trigger two packs of little_beetles one after another and working in the same moment... Is that normal?

tomb2player
23-10-16, 13:13
I think that static lighting type for static objects is best, because moveable lighting type don't react to shadow bulbs, it only reacts to room ambient light ( whole room lighting ) and lights. But don't react to shadow bulbs which is pity in my opinion.

Moveable objects react to shadow bulbs, so they have different kind of lighting which cannot be applied to statics as far as I know. Or maybe is there way?

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 11:34
(Reposting this from my thread)

I can't seem to find the sound for using the crowbar as a lever. Either it's enabled and not playing correctly, or it's not enabled :/. I'm not sure.
I have 2 problems so far.
1 - I'm using one of those fancy holders for teeth spikes, I've already tried turning collision off via wad merger. No results in-game, how can I go about fixing this?
2 - The falling ceiling I'm using (From BTB Greece) doesn't kill Lara, is this supposed to happen? It takes about 35% of her health away.

Octo
24-10-16, 19:55
How do you reset a puzzle?
In my case I want to be able to stand on a specific tile and all of the open doors in the puzzle will shut

EDIT: I'm actually going to need more help than I thought. The premise of the puzzle is that you will need to move a box onto some special tiles which will open/close some doors. The problem is I don't know how to get the doors to shut

smcandrew
24-10-16, 20:17
Hi,
I am trying to use a basic flipeffect to increase the inventory item of Flares by 1, however when using the flip effect, the memory card appears and the flare does not. It doesn't increase it either?

I've exported the code:

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 48
; Exporting: TRIGGER(369:1) for FLIPEFFECT(48)
; <#> : Inventory-Item. Increase (+1) in (E)way the number of <&>inventory-item in inventory
; <&> : FLARE_ITEM Slot=372
; (E) : Show animation of item (like it was picked up)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 48, $171

I've also tried using it in a trigger group to come up with the same outcome? Does anyone know a way to get around it? Thanks!

Titak
24-10-16, 20:57
^
TRNG is used, so TRNG related questions are better asked in the TRNG section. :D

Haven't used flares in ages, but I think you need to use FLARE_INV_ITEM for this. :ponder:

Joey79100
24-10-16, 20:58
I've encountered the same problem, unfortunately I think it's a TRNG bug. :(
I don't know if there's another way to add flares. Maybe by modifying some memory values directly?

EDIT: I think that would be a better solution... but unfortunately there's only FLARE_ITEM. Maybe Paolone forgot it was FLARE_INV_ITEM, and the engine refuses adding FLARE_ITEM, and that's why the memcard appears instead?

SrDanielPonces
24-10-16, 21:07
nope, there definitely is no option to give lara flares... noticed that some years ago.. but didn't bother me much to be honest.

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 21:15
Is there a way to add collision on a door connection? As it stands right now, even though there's grates that Lara can see through (Texture) she can just go to the wall and pull right out of it. Here's a picture to show what I'm saying (http://imgur.com/a/HHhqD)

SrDanielPonces
24-10-16, 21:16
hi sweetheart, sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. could you please upload a printscreen? thank you

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 21:23
hi sweetheart, sorry but I didn't understand what you mean. could you please upload a printscreen? thank you

Screenshot right here (imgur.com/a/HHhqD) But Imgur seems to be having problems at the moment :l Here's a temp link while Imgur works it's issues out :P Picture (https://postimg.org/image/ryqixinjx/)

SrDanielPonces
24-10-16, 21:56
Oh. Try to apply "Toggle Oppacity" instead of "Toggle Opacity 2".

1 mean Lara can't go through, 2 means lara can go through.

1 should be used for solid textures, and 2 for liquids like water

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 21:57
Oh. Try to apply "Toggle Oppacity" instead of "Toggle Opacity 2".

1 mean Lara can't go through, 2 means lara can go through.

1 should be used for solid textures, and 2 for liquids like water

oh I see! I was indeed using #2. Thanks so much!

SrDanielPonces
24-10-16, 22:11
no problem! :tmb:

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 22:17
no problem! :tmb:

Hmm.. Even using Toggle Opacity 1, she's still able to get right out. And the grates have disappeared :/
Edit: Never mind! I've got it working :D

SrDanielPonces
24-10-16, 22:21
make sure to toggle off and on again (until the tile appears like if there was no door). You have to do that on both sides of the rooms. and apply the textures too

EDIT: oh, okay :vlol:

MizzKroft
24-10-16, 22:22
make sure to toggle off and on again (until the tile appears like if there was no door. You have to do that on both sides of the rooms. and apply the textures too

That's what I did wrong the first time, I didn't apply it to both sides of the room, only 1 side (The top) Lara was able to get out and walk around on it (I'm glad this happened because my god have I got some ideas now C:) All is fixed! :)

I'm also noticing that objects placed within rooms that are somewhat dark appear to be unaffected. I always look at google or the editor manual as a quick reference to see if I can solve my problem before cluttering this forum up, however, I can't find anything about this :/. While the manual does talk about lighting up areas, it mentions nothing of objects.. Can I change objects from the neutral "light" color to a darker color, so dark rooms look dark without light objects? If that makes any sense. Also, I'm still not sure on how to remove collision from objects, I'd like to use ladders other than textures, but Lara collides with them and can't "use" them.. As well as my teeth spike holders, she just bounces off of them when I'd like her to run through them

Edit: Delving further into Google has solved both of my problems! :D

Titak
25-10-16, 09:35
nope, there definitely is no option to give lara flares... noticed that some years ago.. but didn't bother me much to be honest.Too bad.
Must be a bug then, or something Paolone forgot to implement properly.

Since I'm not using flares for my current project I don't midn either, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

Shakira Croft
25-10-16, 16:11
I think I might have deleted the red arrows file (don't know its name) because whenever I want to click on a wall to move a wall segment the editor crashes. Is it possible that someone send it back to me? :D

LoreRaider
25-10-16, 16:36
Here you go! :D
https://www.mediafire.com/?3315ltt44eqno70

Shakira Croft
25-10-16, 16:46
Grazie :hug:

EDIT: well... no it still crashes... So I don't know what I've donne :eek:

LoreRaider
25-10-16, 16:49
Prego :tmb:

DJ Full
25-10-16, 17:04
well... no it still crashes... So I don't know what I've donne :eek:You have some weird problems with this map, don't you? Can I take a look :D

Shakira Croft
25-10-16, 17:19
I'm so done with this level really :vlol:

But this time it's not beucause of this map cause I have the bug with every map... So I must have deleted an important file :facepalm:

DJ Full
25-10-16, 17:23
Not necessarily. Once upon a long time I had a level which didn't allow me to alter geometry.
The reason was something about height limit. Not your case?

Shakira Croft
25-10-16, 18:00
But in every map? Because that's my problem and that's why I think it's not related to this project :confused:

Joey79100
25-10-16, 19:20
Have you tried using the original NGLE? Maybe it got altered or something like that. Does it give you a crash report? Maybe there will be some info about it (and hopefully, understandable for humans :D).
Too bad.
Must be a bug then, or something Paolone forgot to implement properly.

Since I'm not using flares for my current project I don't midn either, but it would be nice to have it fixed.

I've wanted to try a shop system some time ago, and unfortunately there's this bug that makes it impossible to fully work. And I haven't worked more on the system since then.

Shakira Croft
25-10-16, 19:26
Don't have it anymore :D

Here is the crash report:

Version=1.2.2.7+
Date: 20 January 2015 (0:2:14) Size=1765376 bytes
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage:DXCreateViewport
Last directX error:

CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0x37EF010
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x40314C
REGISTERS:
EAX=70C
EBX=3FFF
ECX=430C
EDX=37ED3E0
ESI=5261BC0
EDI=60860C0
EBP=60860C0
EIP=40314C
ESP=569FD8C
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
1065F0B8:Ptr_VetBigTails
05866020:Ptr_MemoriaMesh
05800D60:Ptr_MemoriaVertici
05826578:Ptr_MemoriaListaVertici
00000000:ptr_Memoria1_6Mb
05782E90:Ptr_ObjectCodeArray
057A8278:Ptr_VetBaseOggetti
057EAF38:Ptr_VetSlotOggetti
00000000:Ptr_BaseImmagineTextureOggetti
00000000:Ptr_VetMeshPointers
00000000:Ptr_ObjjBonesWad
057778D8:Ptr_VetRoomSlots
057A80E0:Ptr_VetPointerRooms
00000000:Ptr_MemoriaPerDatiCD
00000000:Ptr_MenuAttivo
0046E4D8:Ptr_Pointer_VetDirectDrawDevice
0046E4F5:ptr_BaseDirectXLibrary
0046E0A8:Ptr_ColorTableEntry
006CB5AC:Ptr_IDirect3DDevice3
037EBA86:Ptr_TabellaColori
0361C288:Ptr_MemoriaTexFaces
05760048:Ptr_TextureTailInfos
0235A108:Ptr_DatiPoligoni
057915A8:Ptr_VetCodeTriggers
05840B68:Ptr_VetTriggers
05760048:Ptr_MemoriaRoomTexInfos
05764050:Ptr_ObjectTextureWad
05BD3020:Ptr_TextureRawImage
037ED3E0:Ptr_MemTestTextureNero
00000000:Ptr_VettorePuntatoriTexture
057E5AE0:Ptr_VetObjectCodeEffetti
057945C8:Ptr_VetSoundEffects
0578BBA0:Ptr_VetItemEffetti
00000000:Ptr_MemoriaFileTexture
0066F010:Obj_IDirectDrawSurface3
0066EFD0:Obj_IDirectDraw7
0066EFF0:Obj_IDirectDraw4
00000000:Obj_IDirect3DTexture2
00000000:Obj_DirectDrawSurface4
00000000:IndiceRoomAttuale
00000000:TipoModeView
00000000:TestMostraFlipMap
00000000:TestDrawDoors
00000064:Tot_RoomSlots
00000000:TestFaceEdit
00000000:TestModoLightning
0019FF80:SalvaBaseStack1
0569FF80:SalvaBaseStack2
Stack=0x569FD8C pContesto=0x569F92C pInfoEccezione=0x569F8DC
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x569FD8C
STACK_TRACE:
0x40191B
0x40F9A5
0x40F403
0x419F10
0x44B45A
0x44B47B
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x19B160
STACK_TRACE:
0x100D9301
0x100FC800
0x444672
0x100D9301
0x100FC800
0x444672
0x100D9301
0x100FC800
0x444672
0x100D9301
0x100FC800
0x444672
0x100D9301
0x100DA5B0
0x10102BA9
0x10102D62
0x444869
0x444074
0x444559
0x44B5D6
END_STACK_TRACE

DJ Full
25-10-16, 19:37
These crash reports are useless.
Create a fresh working folder and you know if it's the folder.

Niveus
25-10-16, 23:08
Last message was something related with Direct X, then? And this caused the crash? That's what it looks like, at least.

For ref: deleting the arrows file (or what ever it's called,) doesn't crash the program.

MizzKroft
26-10-16, 03:33
I'm not sure if this specific topic is the place to ask, but I'll ask anyways (sorry in advance ily <3)

Okay so I'd like to somehow edit the position of an object to be able to be placed on a ceiling tile rather than a floor tile.

The object in question, and which I'm using in my current Wad is "Furniture2" from here (http://www.trsearch.org/Items/4185)

I'd like to be able to put that object on the ceiling for spikes coming down from the ceiling, as well as be able to put it on the ground for spikes coming out of the ground. Is this possible?
Also, if anyone knows where I can find more architecture that typical wall levers can sit in, I'd be forever in your debt, wall levers on textures look tacky in my opinion, I'd much rather have them sitting inside of something.

Shakira Croft
26-10-16, 05:22
Last message was something related with Direct X, then? And this caused the crash? That's what it looks like, at least.

For ref: deleting the arrows file (or what ever it's called,) doesn't crash the program.

I thought it was the problem considering that the crash happens only when I want to click multiple time on a wall segment. Anyway I'll se what happend with directX. Thanks :)

AkyV
26-10-16, 10:17
I'd like to be able to put that object on the ceiling for spikes coming down from the ceiling, as well as be able to put it on the ground for spikes coming out of the ground. Is this possible?

Do you use TRNG? Then you can try PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM to turn an object of an object slot upside down.
If you don't, then copy the object into another Static slot, and then turn it upside down (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211869).

MizzKroft
26-10-16, 10:34
Do you use TRNG? Then you can try PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM to turn an object of an object slot upside down.
If you don't, then copy the object into another Static slot, and then turn it upside down (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211869).

I use NGLE? Is that the same thing? http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm. I mean I'm assuming it is. I've just never heard of the "PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM". How would I go about using that?

AkyV
26-10-16, 10:44
Yes, that is, but we call it TRNG. NGLE is a bad term for the whole engine. NGLE is only the editor. TRNG is more than NGLE, it includes eg. NG Center as well. The classic NGLE is also useable for TREP, which is not TRNG compatible.

Do you know how the scripting works in TRNG?
Then you can find the description of PARAM_ROTATE_ITEM in NG Center/Reference/Mnemonic Constants

-------------------------

Please continue this discussion in the TRNG open chat thread.

Octo
26-10-16, 14:03
Can someone help me set up this puzzle. I want to be able to move the box onto the special tiles to open various doors which will close when the box is moved off and back on.

http://imgur.com/a/gi0cj

I could add a second box and change the puzzle so that the doors close when a box is moved off their respective trigger but I still wouldn't know how to do this

AkyV
26-10-16, 16:08
What if you try this:
A HEAVYANTITRIGGER trigger on all the squares just around those four tiles, to close one of the doors. Plus, three more TRIGGERs overlapped with the HEAVYANTITRIGGER, to close the other three doors.

Octo
26-10-16, 16:56

MizzKroft
26-10-16, 19:17

Tried to follow the tutorial, and immediately upon opening my .dxf file in Meta I get a "Abnormal program termination" and Meta closes.

LoreRaider
26-10-16, 19:48
You have to export the file in .mqo format, not in .dxf format :p

MizzKroft
26-10-16, 20:01
You have to export the file in .mqo format, not in .dxf format :p

When I save it as an .mqo format, I get no box that pops up allowing me to change settings as explained in the tutorial.

"Load in the object that you saved as a DXF and you will get a window open up
In this window, alter the following parameters."

I've done some script editing such as changing Lara's starting inventory and adding customized flares, but the whole rotate parameter thing looks extremely confusing :l
PS: I've been fiddling around with light, now that I know how to adjust objects tint, I feel like I can make a MUCH more authentic atmosphere (rather than my latest release, where I had objects in dark areas that were as light as day lolol). You can take a look here (http://imgur.com/a/wQTIU)

Joey79100
26-10-16, 20:19
When I save it as an .mqo format, I get no box that pops up allowing me to change settings as explained in the tutorial.

"Load in the object that you saved as a DXF and you will get a window open up
In this window, alter the following parameters."

This is completely normal, at the time the tutorial was written, there was no option to export directly as .MQO, which is the native format of Metasequoia. So it was needed to export as .DXF and use special settings for importing. Now this is no longer needed, so you can just omit this little part. :)

MizzKroft
26-10-16, 20:20
This is completely normal, at the time the tutorial was written, there was no option to export directly as .MQO, which is the native format of Metasequoia. So it was needed to export as .DXF and use special settings for importing. Now this is no longer needed, so you can just omit this little part. :)

Oh nice, I'd love for that tutorial to get edited then to take out any unneeded confusion :P
Alright so the holders are indeed upside down, however, when placed on a ceiling, they disappear into the actual ceiling. 1 Click out of the ceiling and they look like they're floating...

sapper
27-10-16, 04:47
In Strpix's Edit menu is option to mirror a mesh so it is upside down and also options to move meshes.

MizzKroft
27-10-16, 05:05
In Strpix's Edit menu is option to mirror a mesh so it is upside down and also options to move meshes.

Thank you so much! My spike holders now sit neatly on the ceiling :hug:

AkyV
27-10-16, 10:18

Oh nice, I'd love for that tutorial to get edited then to take out any unneeded confusion :P

If somebody is good enough in Meta to update that info correctly then I open the tutorial thread for one or two days for him/her to update it.

MizzKroft
28-10-16, 03:07
If somebody is good enough in Meta to update that info correctly then I open the tutorial thread for one or two days for him/her to update it.

I honestly feel as if that tutorial via Meta is redundant, considering how much easier it is to open StrPix, open your wad. Click "Mirror Mesh" and bam, you've got it changed.

AkyV
28-10-16, 09:58
Basically it is a good idea, but that is not enough.
I mean, some StrPix versions don't have that feature. Eg. if somebody uses StrPix3_v130.exe which came in Tools folder of TRNG.

EDIT:
Done, I updated it.

Tombraider95
29-10-16, 12:51
I have a bunch of rooms that are full of boxes. Most are 8 clicks high (Two boxes on top of each other). Gameplay consists of getting up on top of them and jumping around.

However a player could easily use the crawl corner glitch to shortcut the whole of the room. Is there a way to prevent this somehow, without removing crawl?

Octo
29-10-16, 13:57
I don't know but using the glitch would just ruin the gameplay.

MizzKroft
29-10-16, 19:29
I have a bunch of rooms that are full of boxes. Most are 8 clicks high (Two boxes on top of each other). Gameplay consists of getting up on top of them and jumping around.

However a player could easily use the crawl corner glitch to shortcut the whole of the room. Is there a way to prevent this somehow, without removing crawl?

Would you be able to put small collision boxes around each column? Lots of wads like the BTB ones have tons of collision boxes that you can place, I'd assume that would work. Otherwise some terrain adjusting might be necessary o:

Gabi
29-10-16, 19:43
Hopefully this is the right thread to ask my question. If not, feel free to re-direct me.

I have just started to play Tomb Raider She (http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2534) by Taras.
My problem is that I cannot see the save slots and in order to bring a savegame up I have to navigate with the arrow keys (up or down) on the main page (New Game/Load Game/Options/Exit) and hope that I'll hit the save slot that I want.
So far I have only got 2 but I imagine that further down the line this will become almost unmanageable, especially with it being a quite demanding level set.

I have looked for a solution but have not found anything.

Would someone be able to help and be so kind as to point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance. :)

Joey79100
29-10-16, 20:07
It's probably using a custom savegame panel. Unfortunately, on older versions of TRNG, it doesn't always display correctly on newer systems (I don't remember the reason).
You can try to grab a new Tomb_NextGeneration.dll from here (http://www.trlevelmanager.net/ng.htm) (click the icon next to Last fixing update 1.2.2.7+), and put it in the game's folder, by replacing the existing one (but make a backup, we never know). It should do the trick, and shouldn't create any problem. :)

Gabi
29-10-16, 22:37
^ That did the trick! :jmp:

Thank you so much.

OverRaider
30-10-16, 04:39
It might do the trick but I rather wouldn`t do that, because this latest dll is not compatible with dat files and tr4 files of this game and might cause random crashes during playtime and very often during loading time...I would delete the PIX folder instead and by doing this there will be no longer savegame panel but the old classic one instead

Gabi
30-10-16, 14:06
Now you have got me slightly worried. You see I have next to no idea about the technical side of custom (or any) levels and all the various files etc..
So far, changing the dll has proven to be a valid solution without crashes, but I have not played that much yet.
Just in case I'll make a backup and then try your suggestion as well and if it works I'll stick with it.
Thank you for the input. :)

Octo
02-11-16, 17:47
Is it possible to remove certain enemies from the game without removing all of them. In my case, I want most enemies to stay but I don't want this to happen :D
http://imgur.com/a/jZ2DM

Also, is it possible to stop the background audio playing while another audio plays

Gabi
08-11-16, 17:46
Hi there.

I am afraid I need help again.
After playing Tomb Raider She for days (see my post above) and having made great progress, suddenly the game crashes when I start it or try to reload a level.
I attach the "crash report".
Could someone be so kind and have a look and hopefully come up with a solution to the problem?
I have been playing for days and would be quite upset if I was not able to continue.

Thank you in advance

Version=1.2.2.4
CRS=Enabled
Last diagnostic mexage:Resumed crash in MainCycle()
Last directX error:
START_P1:1002C047
END_P1:1006F6BA
START_P2:1008061C
END_P2:100A3A53
START_P3:100AC7F7
END_P3:100DB1C5
START_P4:10006FA7
END_P4:1000FAA1
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0xE787CC2
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x40199E
REGISTERS:
EAX=374F508
EBX=76DA140
ECX=78E92A4
EDX=24D578
ESI=79A275E
EDI=78E5098
EBP=2
EIP=40199E
ESP=74DFEC8
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
00000082:Camera_Room
00000082:Camera_TargetRoom
0019FF0C:BaseSalvaStack1
0998FF80:BaseSalvaStack2
073DFF7C:BaseSalvaStack3
MEMORY USAGE
VetNemiciPunta memory <EMPTY: never used>
StructEnemyArray memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaFXBulbNemici memory <EMPTY: never used>
VettorePerFogBulb memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDynamicLights memory is full at 2.99 (Used 0x5C bytes)
ZonaSceneMemory memory is full at 24.85 (Used 0x69A94 bytes)
VetEditObjects memory is full at 54.52 (Used 0xE50 bytes)
Mex_savegame_Argd memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x8 bytes)
ZonaParticelle memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 3.09 (Used 0x2F6E8 bytes)
ZonaPuntatoriGameStruttureMesh memory is full at 0.78 (Used 0xC08 bytes)
VetMexNomiWav memory is full at 99.66 (Used 0x3FC8 bytes)
ZonaFogBulbs memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDebris memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaItemInStanza memory is full at 1.17 (Used 0xC bytes)
ZonaUsataPerFireSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaDiSmokeSpark memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaRecordGunShell memory <EMPTY: never used>
ZonaQuattroSample memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteSangue memory <EMPTY: never used>
RecordSpriteEsplosione memory <EMPTY: never used>
SpritePerFuoco memory is full at 2.93 (Used 0x3C bytes)
ZonaTextureAnimate memory <EMPTY: never used>
SaveGame_220_DatiMoveables memory is full at 23.12 (Used 0x1D1C bytes)
VettoreAttivaFlipMaps memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x4 bytes)
VettoreFlagFlipMaps memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x4 bytes)
ZonaFlyCameras memory is full at 22.44 (Used 0x11F4 bytes)
VetByteFlyCamera memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x4 bytes)
VetFlyCameraByteAltro memory is full at 3.13 (Used 0x4 bytes)
VetItemCombinabili memory is full at 24.78 (Used 0xE4 bytes)
Ptr_MemBufferLivello memory is full at 50.83 (Used 0x9B1DA0 bytes)

Lara: x=46228 y=4864 z=54731 StateId=2 NextId=2 AnimNow=103 Room=130

Stack=0x74DFEC8 pContesto=0x74DFA68 pInfoEccezione=0x74DFA18
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0x74DFEC8
STACK_TRACE:
0x4018F9
0x1009CD4E
0x448E96
0x1009F10E
0x451FB3
0x49E61D
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x19B0EC
STACK_TRACE:
0x410040
0x430042
0x450044
0x470046
0x490048
0x410060
0x430042
0x450044
0x470046
0x490048
0x490043
0x490056
0x450043
0x440049
0x490050
0x430026
0x44002E
0x440065
0x48D323
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x4A6FE0
0x48CC6B
0x49F18B
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0x998B160
STACK_TRACE:
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

MrJavi94
08-11-16, 20:18
When did this crash occur to be exact? I've recently experienced many new weird crashes on several levels and managed to find a solution for each of those.

Does it happen when loading a savegame from the main menu or once in the game?

Edit: About your other inquiry, of which I'm not fully sure if it actually is what I'm thinking of, try playing it in windowed mode.

Gabi
08-11-16, 20:37
It happens on both occasions.
I seem to be able to load earlier savegames (3 slots or so above) and play on from there, but whenever I save again and then try to load the latest savegame, the level crashes again.

MrJavi94
08-11-16, 20:42
I'll tell you what worked for me and stopped causing the crashes on my Windows 10 laptop. In the setup, use a 32-bit option for the output resolution, not a 16-bit one.

Tombraiderplay
09-11-16, 18:22
It happens on both occasions.
I seem to be able to load earlier savegames (3 slots or so above) and play on from there, but whenever I save again and then try to load the latest savegame, the level crashes again.

nice font :p im using it :p

any special TREP implements ? :p

Gabi
09-11-16, 22:06
Sorry, but I have not got the faintest idea what "TREP implements" are. :o
Anyway, for the time being the problem seems to have ... gone away. :confused:
I reloaded an earlier savegame, played from there and so far have been able to save and reloade the new savegames again.
Fingers crossed.
Thanks for your input everyone.
I might be back ... :whi:

MrJavi94
10-11-16, 11:02
Glad to see your problem with the level has been solved. Did my tip do something about it or was it anything different?

Titak
10-11-16, 11:15
any special TREP implements ? :p
"She" does not use TREP. It uses TRNG.
Version 1.2.2.4, so not compatible with TREP.

Gabi
15-11-16, 15:22
Glad to see your problem with the level has been solved. Did my tip do something about it or was it anything different?

I had my output resolution set to 32-bit anyway, so, no, I don't think that was the reason.
Anyway, after being away for a while, I attempted to play again today and it's back to the old "crash to desktop" when re-loading a level.
I really don't want to give up. TombRaider SHE is not exactly an easy level set to play and I am so pleased that I made it to where I am. Leaving it now would be very frustrating.
If I am not mistaken, something similar happened to me quite some time ago and the solution to the problem was a fairly simple one. However, I do not have any idea about the ins and outs of level set ups, so I can't remember what it was that got me going again.
Does anyone have an idea what else might be wrong and what I could do about it?
Any help would be really appreciated.

DJ Full
15-11-16, 23:38
Possibly that level you're stuck in has baboons, it would explain a lot.
You should PM Taras. He's often on the green forum and will reply.

Gabi
16-11-16, 09:00
No baboons, no. :D

But I seem to have found a way to solve the problem - for now.
I deleted all the savegames and replaced them with a previous lot (I always keep back-ups in a separate folder).
While this meant re-playing quite a substantial part of the level, at least it did not crash any longer and now I have progressed into the next level and can load savegames without problem.
Fingers crossed it stays this way.

DJ Full
16-11-16, 15:07
I didn't mean the actual monkey, but a slot of baboon_normal.
If existing in level and lacking AI, it sometimes crashes savegames.
It's good to have savegames from before such enemy was activated.
It may help to load such save, and then the one after the enemy spawn.
Sometimes after such tweak continuing is possible.

Likely when you finish this particular level the problem will be gone forever.

tomb2player
16-11-16, 16:31
Btw, anyone knows what else may crash save game during playthrough of the level? It never happened to me fortunately, but I am a bit scared of this. This is one of the worst type of bugs in any game. I remember reading that also incorrect object meshswap triggering can do this. Share your experience. :)

DJ Full
16-11-16, 17:05
Meanwhile I have an issue which bothers me for years.
I somehow never fought it and accepted as it is.
But in fact I never actually asked if there's a solution.

I have a house, and a nearby nature like in this precise draft:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/rok_zpsu2hhyc45.jpg

The rock was perfectly modelled, the problem was the red portal.
When I extended it to the rock, I had to adjust my perfect rock to it.
I guess there's no way around it but I must know. Is there a way around it?

AkyV
17-11-16, 22:36
@everyone:

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211872

Do you also need the timer window?
My setup always worked perfectly without that. (Now I don't need a Heavyswitch for the pushblock, and a Trigger for the door, only a Heavyswitch for the door.)

Krumpet
18-11-16, 03:02
I have a question about creating doors on stacked rooms. Say if its something similar to the main room in St Francis' Folly - should I be creating four seperate doors that surround the central structure or can I get away with only using one portal that covers the entire floorspace?

Mordyga
18-11-16, 11:48
I have a question about creating doors on stacked rooms. Say if its something similar to the main room in St Francis' Folly - should I be creating four seperate doors that surround the central structure or can I get away with only using one portal that covers the entire floorspace?

http://i.imgur.com/gx24zgX.jpg

You mean something like this? As you can see it uses only one portal to the room below and there shouldn't be any problems when doing so.

AgentXP
18-11-16, 15:07
http://i1365.photobucket.com/albums/r742/axp7/texture_zpsgygijonq.jpg (http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/axp7/media/texture_zpsgygijonq.jpg.html)

Hey all, I'm trying to get this scrolling texture to animate, and it simply refuses to. I'm confused, cos I have working scrolling waterfall textures in the TGA already, and they're fine. I've tried moving this (would be scrolling) sand texture to different places in the TGA (before and after the frames anim range) and it still won't work, whereas my waterfall 'full rotate' texture does. Any ideas, anyone?

Could it be cos the editor won't scroll transpartent textures? (I hope not!)

AgentXP
20-11-16, 23:16
^ Anyone? :o I also have a new problem - my level randomly crashes at different points when I'm playing, and when I quit to the menu the game freezes - but I have no idea what causes it - any ideas for common causes of random crashing? :S

AkyV
21-11-16, 12:54
Hey all, I'm trying to get this scrolling texture to animate, and it simply refuses to. I'm confused, cos I have working scrolling waterfall textures in the TGA already, and they're fine. I've tried moving this (would be scrolling) sand texture to different places in the TGA (before and after the frames anim range) and it still won't work, whereas my waterfall 'full rotate' texture does. Any ideas, anyone?

Could it be cos the editor won't scroll transpartent textures? (I hope not!)

I see you use TRNG.
I tried your setup (Full Rotate-UV8-Max) with random tiles, and it worked for me.
And the editor can scroll transparent tiles (with game not crashing) in Full Rotate mode if at least one copy of one tile of that range is placed anywhere in the level.
I see you have red door and trigger info. Perhaps is that the reason?

AgentXP
21-11-16, 15:40
I see you use TRNG.
I tried your setup (Full Rotate-UV8-Max) with random tiles, and it worked for me.
And the editor can scroll transparent tiles (with game not crashing) in Full Rotate mode if at least one copy of one tile of that range is placed anywhere in the level.
I see you have red door and trigger info. Perhaps is that the reason?

Thanks for taking the trouble to look into it :tmb: Not sure what you mean by red door and trigger info? Tbh I've decided to do the same puzzle with water instead of sand, as the waterfall scroll texture works fine and I have virtually no time left to finish this for the 20 years competition. :admles:

What worries me more now is that the game rountinely crashes when it returns to the main menu from the level - anyone have any ideas as to what common causes of that might be? :S
Edit: I've noticed that the title level doesn't load when the game returns to the main menu - the main menu background is black and and then the whole app crashes :S

AkyV
21-11-16, 15:45
I can see in your screenshot that the Doors and Triggers info are red in your Infobox. Did you exceed the limits?

LoreRaider
21-11-16, 15:56
For the title crash, are you using a flyby with sequence 0 in your level (non title)? If yes, that's why you have a crash, you have to change the sequence with another number, like 1, 2 :)

Titak
21-11-16, 16:41
^
I don't understand that.
I use a sequence 0 flyby in just about all my levels and I have no crashes due to them. :confused:

AgentXP
21-11-16, 16:45
I can see in your screenshot that the Doors and Triggers info are red in your Infobox. Did you exceed the limits?

I don't think so... it says doors 3... :confused:

For the title crash, are you using a flyby with sequence 0 in your level (non title)? If yes, that's why you have a crash, you have to change the sequence with another number, like 1, 2 :)

^
I don't understand that.
I use a sequence 0 flyby in just about all my levels and I have no crashes due to them. :confused:

^ Thanks guys - I hope that is the answer :jmp: *trying it now*

EDIT: IT WORKED! Thanks so much LoreRaider - I'll have to remember that in future :hug:

DJ Full
21-11-16, 17:16
I use a sequence 0 flyby in just about all my levels and I have no crashes due to them. :confused:You should analyze this. We just had something like that in BtB title level. The title started to crash but only after Fluen added flybys to the playable level. Possibly these rules are related, like "use sequence 1 in title, unless something else is/isn't done in the playable level". "Something else" being anything.

Titak
21-11-16, 18:30
I still don't understand I'm afraid.
My title does not crash nor does it freeze. :confused:

But since I still have this save/load problem with two of the levels, I checked the flyby's in my levels now and this is what there is flyby-wise:
Level1 (= cutscene) - flyby sequence 5
Level2 (=cutscene( - flyby sequence 2
Level3 - flyby sequence 0
Level4 - flyby sequence 0
Level5 - flyby sequence 0
Level6 - flyby sequence 1
Level7 - flyby sequence 1
Level8 - flyby sequence 0
Level9 - flyby sequence 0

The numbers of the listed sequences are the lowest numbers in the level.
My title has flyby sequence 1.
Levels 6 and 7 are the ones with the save/load crash.
I relabeled sequence 1 in Level6 to sequence 0 and I saved and reloaded right at the beginning of the level. It loaded fine, but it crashed when I saved and reloaded later on in the level, before the changed sequence took place.

So, analyze how? :ponder:

OverRaider
21-11-16, 20:57
My title has flyby sequence 1.
This... try to set it as sequence 0 and see what happens ;)

DJ Full
21-11-16, 21:19
I'm using 1 in titles and 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7 in playable.
Curious about what MagPlus says as his mousepatch doubles sequence capacity.

AgentXP
22-11-16, 00:00
New question - is it possible to change the 'select level' text on the main menu - or is it hard coded? (I can't find it anywhere in the script file)

Mordyga
22-11-16, 00:05
It is in ENGLISH.txt. Use control+f to find it.

AkyV
22-11-16, 00:27
Quoted from my text tutorial:

[Strings]
0-1: usually used for Legend Script commands
2-38: usually used for level names
39: unlimited amount in the inventory or for CUST_SHOW_AMMO_COUNTER
40-48: inventory commands
53-60: weapon names in inventory (even with lasersight attached)*
61-71: ammo names in inventory or for CUST_SHOW_AMMO_COUNTER*
72: solo lasersight name in inventory*
73-74: medipack names in inventory*
75: binoculars name in inventory*
76: flare pack name in inventory*
78-79: memcard names in inventory*
80-89: waterskin names in inventory*
90: crowbar name in inventory*
91-96: quest item names in inventory*
97-99: mechanical scarab names in inventory*
100-170: usually used for key, puzzle, pickup, examine item or their combo names
173: Load Game (menu title, main menu command, title of TRNG savegame panel)
174: New Game (main menu command)
175: Paused (menu title)
179: Save Game (menu title and title of TRNG savegame panel)
180: Exit to Title (Paused menu command)
183: Statistics (menu title and Paused menu command)
184: Distance Travelled (in Statistics menu)
185: Ammo Used (in Statistics menu)
186: Secrets Found (in Statistics menu)
188: Health Packs Used (in Statistics menu)
189: Time Taken (in Statistics menu)
192-200: some key commands for Control Configuration menu
201: the upper half of examined text of Examine2 item
202: the lower half of examined text of Examine2 item
203: the examined text of Examine3 item

*: if you want to change the name of these items, then type the new name in a [Strings] field, and then activate an F335 to name the proper item, and then an F337 to put the ID of that string in “string index” field. (For example, if you use the crossbow slot as a crossbow first, and then, in the next level, as a harpoon gun.)

[PSXStrings]
220: TRNG overwrites the default TRLE text here. TRNG uses it for counting the turns Lara has already done, rotating on a so-called parallel bar, the default TRNG text is: Turns %02d
246-259: some tasks in the classic TR4 end credits
260-299: people’s names in the classic TR4 end credits (effectless if you edit them!)

[PCStrings]
300-302: some tasks in the classic TR4 end credits
304: Options (menu title, main menu command, Paused menu command)
305: Empty Slot (in Save Game/Load Game menu and in TRNG savegame panel)
306: Music Volume (Options menu command)
307: SFX Volume (Options menu command)
308: Sound Quality (Options menu command)
309-311: Sound Quality values
312: Targeting (Options menu command)
313-314: Targeting values
336: Exit (main menu command)
337: Control Configuration (Options menu command)
338-339: some key commands for Control Configuration menu
341-344: some Control Configuration values
347-348: some key commands for Control Configuration menu
355: Select Level (menu title)

[ExtraNG]
any: usually used for any texts made for TRNG,
except:

301: the name of BAR_CUSTOM1 for CUST_BAR
302: the name of BAR_CUSTOM2 for CUST_BAR
303: the name of BAR_CUSTOM3 for CUST_BAR
304: the name of BAR_CUSTOM4 for CUST_BAR

AgentXP
22-11-16, 23:58
^ Got that now, thanks :D

I have a new problem - the game is now crashing when I press 'P' - I know it's not the flyby camera this time....

In order to fix another problem, I had to copy the game files into a fresh copy of the editor - the level is now (thankfully) loading fine again, but initally when I quit to the menu the camera went off at an angle and the game crashed, and now the game is crashing when I press Pause or Esc - any ideas - please? :confused:

Erikku
23-11-16, 00:20
Do you have something in the script about the inventory? Like something that changes the background or so? If that's the case, then you might try if it works without it just to see where the problem is coming from.
Also, when I had this problem in my level, I noticed it was because I added too much shine to several objects. There are rules for shine, check those in the tutorial section and erase shine for some objects in the inventory.

Mrs Manson
24-11-16, 15:35
Sorry to ask, but could any moderator put the images of this tutorial online again? Or we have a newer tutorial here in the forums?
Or maybe someone could make a new one?

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=150236

LoreRaider
24-11-16, 15:47
^ Got that now, thanks :D

I have a new problem - the game is now crashing when I press 'P' - I know it's not the flyby camera this time....

In order to fix another problem, I had to copy the game files into a fresh copy of the editor - the level is now (thankfully) loading fine again, but initally when I quit to the menu the camera went off at an angle and the game crashed, and now the game is crashing when I press Pause or Esc - any ideas - please? :confused:

Are you using an image in inventory, with also the Inventory Compass fix in FLEP?
When you're at north, the game crashes, I don't know why, but there's this problem xD :)

Xopax
26-11-16, 15:43
How do i set 3Ds Max's grid to match TRLE's? I can't remember the right value at all.

Titak
26-11-16, 17:56
Sorry to ask, but could any moderator put the images of this tutorial online again? Or we have a newer tutorial here in the forums?
Or maybe someone could make a new one?

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=150236Can't put them online again since I do not have the images.
If someone else has the images, they can send them to me and I'll upload them onto the forum webspace and change the links in the tutorial. :D

AgentXP
27-11-16, 15:12
my level has some scorpions under pots - you can kill them, but if you reload the game after killing them lara still aims at them...any ideas how to fix this?

LoreRaider
27-11-16, 15:19
I don't know what it causes this, but I saw that bug in different levels, like Experiment 3, Desert of Despair, Neon God; never get an answer :ponder:

SrDanielPonces
27-11-16, 17:19
How do i set 3Ds Max's grid to match TRLE's? I can't remember the right value at all.

Tools > Grids and Snaps > Grids and Snaps Settings... > Home Grid > Grid Spacing: 512

dcw123
01-12-16, 11:22
Ok so I have a big problem.

I have a puzzle which involved goes like this.
Lara finds a valve handle which she can use on a puzzle hole.
Once she uses the item - an animating object appears (a fake switch which she turns)
problem is, the flipmap in the next room will not trigger when Lara is doing this.
Maybe I missed a trigger or something.. will check later.

I also tried to trigger a flyby sequence when Lara uses a puzzle item in the puzzle slot... nothing happens. The TRLE manual says the KEY trigger will only trigger objects (though I'm sure the classics used cameras to show doors opening in such a way)

I then tried the rollingball trick - having a heavy trigger for the camera, and a KEY trigger for the ball - nothing happens again.. :hea:

TheBloodRed
01-12-16, 23:03
I always use SWITCH trigger even if a key item haha. It seems to cover all bases.

Revenge
03-12-16, 15:25
Does anyone know where I could possibly find the textures from the Lost Library ? (the original ones). All I can find are the wad and the textures of the objects of the level and on trsearch there are only HD ones..

LoreRaider
03-12-16, 15:43
You can extract them from the TR4 file :tmb:

Shakira Croft
03-12-16, 16:14
Does anyone know where I could possibly find the textures from the Lost Library ? (the original ones). All I can find are the wad and the textures of the objects of the level and on trsearch there are only HD ones..

Here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/media.html) or here (http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/Textures2.zip) :D

Revenge
03-12-16, 22:07
You can extract them from the TR4 file :tmb:

Here (http://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/tr5/editor/media.html) or here (http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/Textures2.zip) :D

Thank you so much ! :admles: :D
Edit : My God Shakira Croft where did you find all those textures :eek: ? This is heaven ! :admles:

Quanayn
08-12-16, 01:42
Question: I've seen objects in custom levels where it's a glass container of some sort with an object inside, and somehow they were able to texture the polygons inside the container. When I've tried this on Strpix I have been unable to do so because the walls of the container get in the way. How do you texture such objects that are inside see-through containers?

GeekOfComedy
08-12-16, 05:13
Question: I've seen objects in custom levels where it's a glass container of some sort with an object inside, and somehow they were able to texture the polygons inside the container. When I've tried this on Strpix I have been unable to do so because the walls of the container get in the way. How do you texture such objects that are inside see-through containers?

They probably make the object first in Meta. Import in Stripx and Texture. Export from Stripx as MQO (This keeps all the texture data so as long as you don't mess with object your good) they build the container on it and put reimport it to Stripx (don't mess with WAD in meantime) and while the container will probably look a bit messed up, apply your glass textures on it and you'll see that the object within the container is textured and good. :D

Mordyga
08-12-16, 07:55
Try zooming it in, it isn't convinient but doable :p
Or try Geek's method, texture both meshes in other slots and then combine them in Meta using the lastes stripx program.

DJ Full
08-12-16, 09:30
I have a magenta outline on Shotgunshell.
It keeps being visible no matter what I do.
What do I do?

Titak
08-12-16, 10:20
Does the magenta texture perhaps have some shine setting applied to it? :ponder:

DJ Full
08-12-16, 11:41
Not at all. No transparency, no shine. Now I applied both but there's no difference.
Also the outline is black like if static lighting, but I imported as moveable already :confused:
Could also be a bad magenta, like 255,0,254. Checking...

EDIT: No, the magenta was correct. Does transparency even work on shotgunshell?

Titak
08-12-16, 12:53
Well, that's odd.
I've never heard of this. :confused:

DJ Full
08-12-16, 13:01
Can I send you this shotgunshell to take a look?

Mordyga
09-12-16, 00:22
http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2806

Can you download this level? I can't on both mozilla and chrome, something about virus safety :confused:

sapper
09-12-16, 03:51
Yes. I just "ignore this warning".

BTW it's a good level.

You can hide the outside faces if you have one of the latest StrPix versions.

Hide by holding Ctrl+Shift+Alt keys and left clicking on the face.

Unhide them using Faces>Unhide Faces menu.

DJ Full
09-12-16, 17:12
How does the jeep audio work? I see the original jeep has no sfx commands but for instance the Greek horse from BtB does.
I now have missing jeep samples and I don't know if the reason is missing commands or any other case we discussed before.

THOR2010
13-12-16, 05:02
How do i get the controls to default back to their original bindings? somehow i managed to get all the arrow keys assigned to ctrl which is also action, so now i can't actually move down to change them back!

edit: nevermind, found the registry keys for the controls and deleted them!

GeekOfComedy
21-12-16, 08:42
Anyone explain how the trap door system works as the OCB page on here is brief. :o

I know it's not a TRNG as I remember seeing it in Piega's 2005 level but it's when a platform activates and deactivates for certain amount of periods. :D

Is it possible to make it like when it triggers the hatch or trap door drops for 12 seconds then rises for 5 seconds and so forth or does that require scripting.

In fact is it even a trap door they use as I do see the technique in custom levels. :D Thanks!

Titak
21-12-16, 08:54
Timed trigger.
You can set a number of seconds in the trigger window. :D

ThiagoTR
21-12-16, 21:08
You guys...
Can someone tell me what the correct sound settings for the stumble animation by Geckokid?
I tried add sound, but it has no effect. I'm sure the frames and sounds added are wrong, can anyone help me?
http://i.imgur.com/MAxJWzB.jpg

SrDanielPonces
21-12-16, 21:38
I don't use any lara sound for mine - only her feet.

ThiagoTR
21-12-16, 21:41
^You use one sound (feet) in only one frame or what?

SrDanielPonces
21-12-16, 21:49
0 - Play Sound on land. Frame: 1, SoundID:4
1 - Play Sound in water. Frame: 0, SoundID:17
2 - Play Sound in water. Frame: 3, SoundID:33
3 - Play effect. Frame:3, Effect:Play step sound on land
4 - Play effect. Frame:25, Effect:Play step sound on land
5 - Play Sound on land. Frame:25, SoundID:0
6 - Play Sound in water. Frame:25, SoundID:17
7 - Play effect. Frame:16, Effect:Play step sound on land
8 - Play Sound on land. Frame: 16, SoundID:0
9 - Play Sound in water. Frame:16, SoundID:17
10 - Play effect. Frame:3, Effect: Small earthquake

ThiagoTR
21-12-16, 22:08
^Ah okay, I'll copy this.
Thank you so much SrDanielPonces. :D

GeekOfComedy
21-12-16, 22:20
Timed trigger.
You can set a number of seconds in the trigger window. :D

I don't get it. I'm not able to set it up properly. When on the trigger tile it drops down, when Lara leaves the tile after X amount of seconds the trap door comes back up but it just stays like that. :o

I'm using Trap_door 2.

Titak
22-12-16, 09:18
Ehm... Perhaps I got confused... :ponder:
I use the timer field on a switch when activating something with a switch.
So in the switch-trigger for the switch I enter a certain amount of seconds. After those seconds have passed, the switch will go back to its original state and so does the door or whatever.

OverRaider
22-12-16, 14:31
@GeekOfComedy...one of the workarounds I can think of is "ralling ball trick"...create a seperate inaccessible room, make 2 opposite slides to connect them with each other, put one trigger for open trapdoor on one end and another trigger for close trapdoor on the other side, experiment for how steep/long it has to be for required seconds and make sure the middle tile is not flat otherwise the ralling ball stops there after some time

Edit: this way the ralling ball will activate and deactivate trapdoor endlessly and don`t forget to put number 1 in OCB for silenced mode

GeekOfComedy
22-12-16, 20:12
@GeekOfComedy...one of the workarounds I can think of is "ralling ball trick"...create a seperate inaccessible room, make 2 opposite slides to connect them with each other, put one trigger for open trapdoor on one end and another trigger for close trapdoor on the other side, experiment for how steep/long it has to be for required seconds and make sure the middle tile is not flat otherwise the ralling ball stops there after some time

Edit: this way the ralling ball will activate and deactivate trapdoor endlessly and don`t forget to put number 1 in OCB for silenced mode

Ok I'll give that a try.

This is what the mechanics should be like (I'm not copying, I have something in mind to change it up but see how they latch down and latch back up for different durations. https://youtu.be/P9xKS13g9lk?t=159 :)

ThiagoTR
22-12-16, 22:34
Guys. Me again.
I'm having problems with sounds.
I downloaded this file from trsearch: http://www.trsearch.org/Items/2444 which is basically the Lara sounds of TRA.
It turns out that I did everything right, renamed it and put the files in the samples folder. The sounds are nicely fine. But in the gameplay the sounds plays weird.
For example: Back_jmp3 sounds extremely low (almost mute). The lar_jmp sounds as a "thin voice".
Has anyone used these sounds yet? Or rather, do you know how I can fix this?

DJ Full
23-12-16, 00:22
If they're too low you need to adjust the PIT field in sounds.txt.
It stands for "pitch", the higher value, the higher the pitch.