PDA

View Full Version : Open TRLE Chat - Basic Questions, Inquiries, & Help Thread!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74

DJ Full
17-02-17, 20:13
I wonder how many times will yet an upgrade result in a downgrade.
Since I switched to GeForce 670 GTX I'm getting THIS:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/lines_zps9tyn1k1c.jpg

If you cannot clearly see what I'm talking about:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/line2_zps90hk7z2o.jpg

Now look at the above picture, there should be lines in these places.
I turned off antialiasing for TR, no difference... Also getting this in TR1...
Any clue?

ThiagoTR
18-02-17, 03:02
Hi... My problem is about that two raising blocks from BtB Greece.
They have no sound and I can not add sound to them using wadmerger.
Any solution?

Mordyga
18-02-17, 06:41
Raising block doesn't have animations I think, so you need to "enable" the sound in Sound Editor. If that won't help, I remember Titak used a file in the audio folder for raising blocks in MoA.

ThiagoTR
18-02-17, 12:23
Well, I have the raising block sound effect, but then what sound do I need "enable" in the Sound Editor?

Dustie
18-02-17, 12:52
Enabling sounds using WadMerger might be risky from what I know, and one would still need to command the sound to play - since there is no animations, then there's no way to add a PlaySound command to a frame, correct? I guess it might be necessary to do it using scripts in TRNG?

I wonder how many times will yet an upgrade result in a downgrade.
Since I switched to GeForce 670 GTX I'm getting THIS:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/lines_zps9tyn1k1c.jpg

If you cannot clearly see what I'm talking about:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/line2_zps90hk7z2o.jpg

Now look at the above picture, there should be lines in these places.
I turned off antialiasing for TR, no difference... Also getting this in TR1...
Any clue?

Oh gosh... I'm not sure, but from these 2 screenshots it looks like the textures are out of order in terms of rotation? Is that the case? Or is it that the edges aren't filtered the way they were before?

It might be the issue described here, which seems like an issue with newer cards just not being compatible with older DirectX stuff anymore http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=213140&page=3

There is also a solution for the original games, dgvoodoo2 which wraps the older DirectX calls and might be a remedy, although Ceasum says it doesn't work with TRNG...

Joey79100
18-02-17, 15:16
I guess it's not a really something odd with TR1. In later TRs obviously it shouldn't though. :p

dgVoodoo2 works wih TRNG. Maybe it's not compatible with some configurations, but it can definitely work, as I've been able to make it work with everything on my computer, with a nVidia Geforce GTX 950M at least.
Well, here there are some problems with the lighting, everything is less contrasted (but brighter), and on some statics the lightning blinks between darker and brighter. Maybe it's someting about the settings.
The only thing is that when you enable/disable it you have to re-run the setup of the game.

So it might be worth a try. :)

--------------

AND YES. NOBODY SHOULD USE WADMERGER'S SOUND MANAGER. PLEASE. THIS IS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY.

:D

But anyway, the raising block sound is hardcoded, just like the spikes sound is for example. You just have to enable it in your level and then it will play, no need to put any sound trigger anywhere. :)

Raider99
18-02-17, 15:23
^ I might be missing something, but what's the name of that sound in sounds.txt?
I always play the sound using flipeffects.

Joey79100
18-02-17, 15:35
149: RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR if I remember correctly. :)

Raider99
18-02-17, 15:43
I'd never think of that sound! :p Thanks. :)

ThiagoTR
18-02-17, 16:26
Ohh... So is the "nextdoor" sound in samples folder. It's working now.
Thank you so much guys, for the help solve this problem.
:)

SrDanielPonces
19-02-17, 15:50
Hello, I'm doing final fixes to one of my levels which include adding/fixing sounds, and I have this particular issue where the "Lara_Pickup" sound (the 'aha' one) is not working.

I mean, it is activated in the level etc, and it plays when Lara picks an object on a pedestral, but it doesn't work on a normal pickup or in a sarcophagus (and maybe more and I haven't noticed). I tried removing the "play sound" command in animation editor and putting it back or whatever more, but it insists on not playing LOL, I have no idea what is going on... There is no "CH" in the sounds.txt or anything... :ponder:

Thank you

Octo
19-02-17, 17:01
How do I enable rain?

Also, is it possible to get the enemy in the troops slot to attack you as soon as it is triggered

SrDanielPonces
19-02-17, 17:52
Rain= RAIN_ALL_OUTSIDE
If you want have rain in all outside rooms without set "Rain" button for each room in ngle, you have to use rain_all_outside setting.

OR

Rain= RAIN_SINGLE_ROOMS

With this setting the rain will be showed only in specific rooms signed as "Rain" in ngle and with outside status.

(taken from ng_center reference list)

And about the troops, no, I don't think so...

--------

Still haven't fixed my "aha" issue, in case anyone is wondering...

Octo
19-02-17, 18:00

Axell
19-02-17, 18:13
I'm having issues with textures animating that aren't supposed to. I'm not sure what's going on, but once I delete said object it animates another one. Anyone ever encountered this? And did you manage to resolve it?

ThiagoTR
19-02-17, 19:15
Well guys...
Does anyone know the trick that allows Lara to climb into a pushable when it is on a raising block?
Note: When the pushable is out of the raising block, Lara can climb normally in the pushable.

Octo
19-02-17, 19:18
Could I copy the troops enemy into another slot or would that mess everything up

Dustie
19-02-17, 20:18
Hello, I'm doing final fixes to one of my levels which include adding/fixing sounds, and I have this particular issue where the "Lara_Pickup" sound (the 'aha' one) is not working.

I mean, it is activated in the level etc, and it plays when Lara picks an object on a pedestral, but it doesn't work on a normal pickup or in a sarcophagus (and maybe more and I haven't noticed). I tried removing the "play sound" command in animation editor and putting it back or whatever more, but it insists on not playing LOL, I have no idea what is going on... There is no "CH" in the sounds.txt or anything... :ponder:

Thank you

That's weird, if the play sound command is in the animation it should play... There was a tutorial for Lara's a-ha sound in the tutorial section I believe, did you follow it?

How do I enable rain?

Also, is it possible to get the enemy in the troops slot to attack you as soon as it is triggered

Wasn't there a post about this a couple of pages earlier? There's an issue with the guard's OCB and he seems not to be programmed correctly to always attack Lara instantly.

I'm having issues with textures animating that aren't supposed to. I'm not sure what's going on, but once I delete said object it animates another one. Anyone ever encountered this? And did you manage to resolve it?

What about the rule that UV rotate animating textures have to be the first ones in the WAD? Meaning the biggest ones, because the biggest textures in the WAD are always placed first in the set. If there's an object that has a bigger texture than the texture that's meant for UV rotate, then the object's texture gets animated instead... or something.

Well guys...
Does anyone know the trick that allows Lara to climb into a pushable when it is on a raising block?
Note: When the pushable is out of the raising block, Lara can climb normally in the pushable.

Isn't this explained/discussed in the TRNG section?

LoreRaider
19-02-17, 20:38
Well guys...

I think that can work by adding the climb in the direction you want Lara climb the block :)

SrDanielPonces
19-02-17, 21:29
That's weird, if the play sound command is in the animation it should play... There was a tutorial for Lara's a-ha sound in the tutorial section I believe, did you follow it?

No, it is really simple to do, and after reading it right now didn't change my mind.. I did it 100% correct but it still doesn't want to work....

ThiagoTR
19-02-17, 22:04
LoreRaider and Dustie, let me explain better.
Well... I had already taken a look at the TRNG section.
Below is the information.
Pushables & Raising Blocks

Pushables can be used in conjunction with both the RAISING_BLOCK 1 and RAISING_BLOCK2 objects. When used in this way once placed onto a raising block the pushable will rise and fall in real time with the raising block beneath it.

However it should be noted that due to technical limitations which cannot be changed, when a previously climbable block is pushed onto a raising block it will lose its climbable attributes. It regains them once removed from the raising block.
Then this is my question. How there are levels where is possible for Lara to climb into the pushable with it on the raising block? What the trick?

SrDanielPonces
19-02-17, 22:35
^

I had this problem years ago when I used the same... anyways.. make sure if the levels use trep instead of trng???

anyways.. about my issue.. I put the lara sounds on the save_crystal slot and it works now.. so whenever I have the same issue on a different level i'll use the save_crystal slot instead of Lara_pickup :ponder: It's still weird though!

AkyV
19-02-17, 23:04
Rain= RAIN_ALL_OUTSIDE
If you want have rain in all outside rooms without set "Rain" button for each room in ngle, you have to use rain_all_outside setting.

OR

Rain= RAIN_SINGLE_ROOMS

With this setting the rain will be showed only in specific rooms signed as "Rain" in ngle and with outside status.

(taken from ng_center reference list)

That is not so easy.
You also need to care about this:

- Texture at least one floor, ceiling, wall with the tiny black square (see Color Palette) in the room.
- The (stacked) room should have at least 10-12 clicks height (or a bit more than that, instead).
- It always “starts raining” from the ceiling of the rainy room. Lara’s eye level should be lower by minimum 8-10 clicks than those starting points.

Note:
In "all outside" case "Rain" button could be useful to adjust the intensity in the first rainy room, for all the rainy rooms. Moreover, this is also a good way to change the intensity, started from another rainy room.

Still haven't fixed my "aha" issue, in case anyone is wondering...

As far as I remember sometimes I wasn't lucky if I added an AnimCommand to a first/last frame of an animation...

Dustie
20-02-17, 08:24
LoreRaider and Dustie, let me explain better.
Well... I had already taken a look at the TRNG section.
Below is the information.

Then this is my question. How there are levels where is possible for Lara to climb into the pushable with it on the raising block? What the trick?

Maybe you can try contacting the builders of the levels in question...

ThiagoTR
21-02-17, 16:56
Hi guys... My past problem with raising block+pushable was solved and it was a mistake of mine.

Now I have a problem with the audio of the raising block. In the video you can see and heard how weird the sound is in the game.
Here is the settings of audio from sounds.txt
RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR: nextdoor VOL80 #pa

vDCC5o03LhM

Does anyone know how to normalize the audio?
Note: The sound is in correct format

Tombraider95
21-02-17, 17:04
You could try using NG_Centre's Sound Converter under the Tools 3 tab. It allows you to convert audio into the correct format for either Audio or Samples.

New Dwight
21-02-17, 17:28
Hi guys... My past problem with raising block+pushable was solved and it was a mistake of mine.

Now I have a problem with the audio of the raising block. In the video you can see and heard how weird the sound is in the game.
Here is the settings of audio from sounds.txt
RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR: nextdoor VOL80 #pa

Does anyone know how to normalize the audio?

I've had this problem before. I've tried every workaround, I think this raising block object plays the sfx on every frame it raises, whether the PIT is removed, it'll still sound wrong.
The pushable object could work. All you do is remove any PIT from sounds.txt RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR and loop the sound (with audio editing program like Audacity) and that's good.

Another alternative:
Use the normal sound as an Audio file in the Audio folder and trigger that with every raising block trigger. And leave the RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR sound effect out of the wad.

ThiagoTR
21-02-17, 17:37
Tombraider95: The audio file is in correct format :)

Another alternative:
Use the normal sound as an Audio file in the Audio folder and trigger that with every raising block trigger. And leave the RUMBLE_NEXTDOOR sound effect out of the wad.
This alternative seems fine to me, thank you so much :)

SrDanielPonces
21-02-17, 20:38
Another alternative:

Or he can use a flipeffect that plays the soundeffect :)

Mrs Manson
22-02-17, 17:38
Does anyone know how to get rid of this awful effect that the fog causes a long distance?

https://i.imgsafe.org/dd9ff7b745.jpg

SrDanielPonces
22-02-17, 17:52
Nope :) You either remove the mountains and make the fog sync with the horizont or delete the fog... (you can notice that in tr4 it has the same issue, except the fog is black)

Dustie
22-02-17, 20:11
Sadly that's just how it works... You could make the mountains fade into the solid color of your fog in the part of the horizon which your level is visible against.

Axell
23-02-17, 10:20
What about the rule that UV rotate animating textures have to be the first ones in the WAD? Meaning the biggest ones, because the biggest textures in the WAD are always placed first in the set. If there's an object that has a bigger texture than the texture that's meant for UV rotate, then the object's texture gets animated instead... or something.

That's not the case here since the animating texture (Waterfall texture) is literally the first in the wad. The objects that are animating aren't supposed to be animating and I've noticed that all objects (both animating and static) with that texture in common seem to be animating. So, I'm not sure what the issue is here.

I've tried deleting repeating animating objects, but it seems to do nothing.

ThiagoTR
23-02-17, 10:49
The objects that are animating aren't supposed to be animating and I've noticed that all objects (both animating and static) with that texture in common seem to be animating. So, I'm not sure what the issue is here.
You are having animating textures on an object that you are not supposed to have, right?
If so, this happens because of the waterfall object is present in the wad. I think that the fix is to put planet effect object in the wad.

Axell
23-02-17, 13:06
You are having animating textures on an object that you are not supposed to have, right?
If so, this happens because of the waterfall object is present in the wad. I think that the fix is to put planet effect object in the wad.

Do you know where I can find that object?

EDIT: Nevermind, that fixed it! Thanks a lot! :D

ThiagoTR
23-02-17, 13:51
Axell: You're welcome. I'm glad I was able to solve your problem.
Credits to Mrshina, that helped me when I had this same problem once. :)

Octo
24-02-17, 21:12
How do I setup a secret trigger for a pickup which only appears in a flipped room?

SS Leigh
24-02-17, 21:17
How do I setup a secret trigger for a pickup which only appears in a flipped room?

Try placing the secret trigger set up only on the Flipped room. Then when it flips the trigger will be there

Octo
24-02-17, 21:33
I tried this but it didn't work. I have a pickup trigger for the secret in the flipped room and the pickup itself has OCB 64. I've also tried putting the trigger in the original room.

How do I get rid of the underwater sound that plays whenever lara gets shot.

EDIT: I've fixed the problem. I hadn't placed the triggers properly

SS Leigh
01-03-17, 21:25
Hmm... I need some textures. Actually i need alot of textures set :eek: But i don't have any -~- . I wanted to make a level based on The Base (TR5) but i can't :( please halp.. TR Search still not working :cry:

ThiagoTR
02-03-17, 00:16
Hi...
Where or anyone can help me get the Sound Effects of Lara from Tomb Raider Underworld?

AgentXP
02-03-17, 16:48
Is there a way to stop the boulder rumble and shake in the original editor?

(e.g. to use it for triggers) Please and thanks :)

MBog
02-03-17, 16:56
put 1 in the OCB section of the rollingball. :)

AgentXP
02-03-17, 17:55
put 1 in the OCB section of the rollingball. :)

That only works in TRNG :o I need something that works in the original editor...or does such a setting not exsit in the original?

Revenge
03-03-17, 09:11
That only works in TRNG :o I need something that works in the original editor...or does such a setting not exsit in the original?

You mean for a "rollingball trick" when you trigger the rollingball to trigger sth else ? In that case can't you put the rollingball room at the other side of your project ? :o

Axell
03-03-17, 14:08
I'm trying to have two different keyholes (KeyHole1+KeyItem1 and KeyHole2+KeyItem2) antitrigger a group of four teethspikes without much success. I know it's possible to use different switches to activate doors but I've never tried it with antitriggers and teethspikes. If it's possible, could someone walk me through the process?

Ranpyon
03-03-17, 14:56
You can use the same process of multiple doors and multiple keys/switches, but in this case you can do it with the A44 trigger instead of the Antitrigger. :)
; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 44
; Exporting: TRIGGER(44:0) for ACTION(25)
; <#> : TEETH_SPIKES ID 25 in sector (7,3) of Room0
; <&> : Trigger. (Moveable) Untrigger <#>Object with (E)Timer value
; (E) : Timer= +00
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 25, $2C

Laras Boyfr.
07-03-17, 23:58
Hey guys,

Is it possible for a DOG to activate a TEETH_SPIKES ? I am using TRNG.
I basically want TEETH_SPIKES to be activated by Lara or a DOG, being deadly to both.

Niveus
08-03-17, 00:01
Hey guys,

I basically want TEETH_SPIKES to be activated by Lara or a DOG, being deadly to both.

Can you not use heavytrigger for dog to trigger spikes? :confused:
Killing the dog is not going to be as easy however. Probably you can only do it on an "enemy to enemy" basis. :ponder:

SrDanielPonces
08-03-17, 07:57
Hey guys,

Try this:

Add this line to script: Enemy=DOG, IGNORE, NEF_EASY_HEAVY_ENABLING, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE, IGNORE

And then put a heavy trigger on the spikes to make it go up, however since i don't think it will kill the dog, put an action trigger to kill him.

However I don't know to make Lara be killed by it since it has a heavy trigger already :) Maybe you need a globaltrigger and add an invisible mesh where the spikes are to make the spikes activate when Lara touches it.. :ponder:

Laras Boyfr.
08-03-17, 08:12
However I don't know to make Lara be killed by it since it has a heavy trigger already :) Maybe you need a globaltrigger and add an invisible mesh where the spikes are to make the spikes activate when Lara touches it.. :ponder:

Thanks for that but this is exactly my problem :D

I think I will have to use Global Triggers indeed

Gancian
08-03-17, 09:22
Can't actually check right now, but are you sure there isn't any customization for the TEETH_SPIKES to make them kill enemies on their sector?

Titak
08-03-17, 10:46
Hey guys,

I basically want TEETH_SPIKES to be activated by Lara or a DOG, being deadly to both.Please use the TRNG section when using TRNG.
That way people will know for sure you are using TRNG and start giving you TRNG solutions straight away.
And so stuff won't get mixed up, like people who use TRLE and read through this thread, or another thread here, could think that some solution could also work in the TRLE.

And welcome back! :D

AkyV
08-03-17, 10:46
Only with TRNG!

Hey guys,

Naturally, what Titak said. :)
But the solution is, if we are already here:

Yes, you need that Enemy command.
Then:

First of all:

h, What if you want to use a HEAVY for a non-Lara activator and a TRIGGER for Lara activator on the same square, without using a flipmap?
Well, it is possible, but a bit complicated.
First of all, you need a global trigger (or maybe a “continuous” F118), that activates an F101: “AnimCommand. Active heavy triggers in sector where is Lara”. (Yes, it is useful, even if you don’t use it in an AnimCommand.) While the GlobalTrigger is true/enabled (or till you stop the continuous activation of F118 with an F192), Lara will be able to activate any HEAVY triggers.

Let’s say, there are two objects in an area that are able to activate HEAVY triggers: a rollingball and (thanks to F101) Lara.
This time, there is no HEAVY+TRIGGER placed on the same square, this time there is only a HEAVY is placed there.
This HEAVY is an F118 to activate a TriggerGroup (recommended with “multiple” value), with these triggers in the TriggerGroup:

Trigger1: an F244 to put the actual value of “TRNG Index. Index of last item to have enabled a trigger (Short)” Savegame Memory Zone field into Current Value variable. - This value will be the tomb (game) index of the rollingball or Lara.
Trigger2: an F300 will transform the tomb (game) index in Current Value into the usual NGLE (Room Editor) object index you can see in the map.
Trigger3: a C40 will compare a PARAM_BIG_NUMBERS value (which must be the NGLE index of the rollingball) to the actual value of Current Value.
Trigger4: the required trigger you want to execute if the rollingball activates that HEAVY F118.
Trigger5 (with TGROUP_ELSE flag): the required trigger you want to execute if Lara activates that HEAVY F118.(See more tricks like that here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=206808).)

Trigger4:
Actually now you should place two triggers here:
- Trigger the spikes. (A43)
- A14 to kill the dog in "default" way.

Trigger5:
Trigger the spikes. (A43)

You also need to add a
TGROUP_USE_EXECUTOR_ITEM_INDEX flag to A14 (so only the actual dog will be killed):

TGROUP_USE_EXECUTOR_ITEM_INDEX:

Use this flag if the F118 for the TriggerGroup will be activated by a HEAVY.
The trigger in the TriggerGroup for example is an A14 trigger to kill a dog with object ID23. But you want each enemy to be killed, getting in the zone of that HEAVY trigger, sauntering around. That’s why you attach this flag to that trigger, because the flag will overwrite the ID in the trigger for the activator ID.
So the new object ID of the trigger will always be the ID of the object that is just activating that HEAVY.More about the TriggerGroups here (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=205547).

Plus, brand new TriggerGroup flags (just if you are curious, but you don't need them now) in NG Center Reference:
TGROUP_COMMAND
TCMD_...

Laras Boyfr.
08-03-17, 12:03
Please use the TRNG section when using TRNG.
That way people will know for sure you are using TRNG and start giving you TRNG solutions straight away.
And so stuff won't get mixed up, like people who use TRLE and read through this thread, or another thread here, could think that some solution could also work in the TRLE.

And welcome back! :D

Thanks Titia. I thought there was a way to do this without TRNG, hence I asked here. Seems not :o

But the solution is, if we are already here:[/I]

Thanks AkyV! I got it working with just 1 GT and 1 TG which detect if Lara is touching an invisible dummy moveable on the spikes spot. If she is, they get activated and she gets killed. If the DOG activates them, the dummy moveable loses collision so Lara can walk safely over there afterwards. Works perfectly and seems to be a little easier this way.

DJ Full
08-03-17, 21:35
I'm eventually playing Jade Empire but it has no widescreen so I'm in windowed 4:3 and horizontal lines appear on the screen, travelling from the top to the bottom, ruining the experience. I don't want it to affect the rating, so do you know how to get rid of them? I heard a rumor it's something about V-sync but I disabled it, enabled it, and both settings don't work. I'm on GeForce 670 GTX, I think this phenomenon is even worse than it used to be on 525M...

(Normally I would add widescreen mode myself but this exe is so heavily patched I could overlook something when repatching.)

Mrs Manson
11-03-17, 21:52
I have a problem, i deleted all the files from the folder "Audio" and now i can't discover what is the number of the track that plays when Lara is driving the Jeep, anyone knows what's the number of the track?

Ray Croft
11-03-17, 22:00
I just checked for you and it's 098 in my folder

Niveus
11-03-17, 22:20
Is there a fix, for an animating which on first frame does not react to external lights? Is this a common problem? :confused:

A short looping animation becomes really ugly.

EDIT: Before someone suggests me: I tried getting rid of parasite frames with TRW, reducing framerate to 1, not looping animation, chaining it with other animations, skipping start of animation using "next frame" field, altering collision bounding box, etc, and always the first frame reacts only to room ambience. I'm so tired trying to figure out a workaround! :o

EDIT2: I've masked the effect and perhaps if you don't know it's there you won't notice it. :) But if anyone knows of a solution, I'd still be surely grateful!

Mrs Manson
11-03-17, 22:46
I just checked for you and it's 098 in my folder

Thank you :hug:

Laras Boyfr.
12-03-17, 09:59
Is there any way to fix black viewdistance clipping behind fog bulbs? Or did I miss anything?

Mrs Manson
12-03-17, 14:29
Anyone have a TR3 horizon to send me? With trsearch down i can't download one...

Titak
12-03-17, 14:34
This link was posted in the TR Search thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20161031113358/http://www.trsearch.org/

Can not use the search feature, but you can manually go through all the pages.

Laras Boyfr.
12-03-17, 14:52
Do boxes in flipmaps also prevent enemies to proceed on their non flipped counterpart in the original room? Because that's what happens on my end...

I want to prevent an enemy entering a flipmap, but I don't want to prevent it entering the unflipped original room. Am I doing something wrong here?

Mrs Manson
12-03-17, 14:56
This link was posted in the TR Search thread: https://web.archive.org/web/20161031113358/http://www.trsearch.org/

Can not use the search feature, but you can manually go through all the pages.

The horizons page is not working for me. I can't download the TLA horizons pack.

scion05
12-03-17, 15:20
I really wish there was a version of TRLE that runs natively on a modern iMac :(

Mrshina
12-03-17, 15:24
Anyone have a TR3 horizon to send me? With trsearch down i can't download one...

Here is a link for the package with All TR Wads.
I can't remember where did I download them before.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/fi1gwpgimb1izfo/All_TR_Wads.zip

DJ Full
12-03-17, 16:41
Do boxes in flipmaps also prevent enemies to proceed on their non flipped counterpart in the original room? Because that's what happens on my end...I think this always happens, the whole flip/noflip chunk is cut off and has separate box. A solution would be to flip the ENTIRE zone where you want indisturbed enemy movement.

Laras Boyfr.
12-03-17, 19:11
I think this always happens, the whole flip/noflip chunk is cut off and has separate box. A solution would be to flip the ENTIRE zone where you want indisturbed enemy movement.

Not sure if I understand right. As of now, I want the enemy (TEMPLAR in this case) to go into the room. Lara can flip the room via a switch, which would kill the templar if he is in there. Due to that, I put boxes in the flipped room so that the Templar can't go in there when it's flipped (would be also pretty stupid from him). But now he doesn't get into the room even when the room is not flipped.

Not sure how I can prevent the templar of entering the flipped room, but be able to enter the not flipped room.

DJ Full
12-03-17, 21:47
I meant flip both origin and target room, same number assigned. I think:
- INVISIBLE enemy boxes should join, allowing pass in unflipped/flipped state
- GREY boxes in the flipped room should keep the guy outside.

trin_303
12-03-17, 22:15
Tomb of Ash is hosting a TRLE competition with Lara figurines as prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners so if anyone's interested ;)

SrDanielPonces
12-03-17, 22:37
link?

Laras Boyfr.
12-03-17, 23:05
link?

http://tomb-of-ash.com/post/158156293215/tomb-raider-level-editor-competition-tomb-of-ash

I don't like the fact that the level should be Tomb of Ash themed, since it's quite a bit of self promotion put in there.

Dustie
13-03-17, 07:43
Well... it is his contest, so I think it's OK for him to do whatever he pleases...

Laras Boyfr.
13-03-17, 11:21
Well... it is his contest, so I think it's OK for him to do whatever he pleases...

And it's okay for us to have an opinion on it ;)

Dustie
13-03-17, 11:38
Absolutely. Seeing how he didn't post about the contest here I thought it's specifically because he doesn't want to to be seen as self-promotion.

Laras Boyfr.
13-03-17, 11:50
Absolutely. Seeing how he didn't post about the contest here I thought it's specifically because he doesn't want to to be seen as self-promotion.

I don't know. I respect Ash, but this kinda looks off to me. Tomb of Ash is a play on words, but originally based on the creator's name.

Imagine a TRLE Competition by Stella with the theme "Stella's Tomb Raider". It's kinda similar here.

Maybe I'm just nitpicking and reading between the lines though. I'm sure it's not intended this way, I just can see some people percepting it like me.

Dustie
13-03-17, 12:06
I actually agree that it is a kind of self-promotion nevertheless, but I think it's acceptable since t's run through his own website and he's financing the prices. I'd be fine if Stella did a TRLE contest on her site too, actually :)

benjamin_2010
13-03-17, 17:14
I used to have that Area 51 action figure. I had just about all the action figures. Now some are missing arms, all are missing original parts lol. Cool contest idea, I'm unbothered by the fact that it's a "branded" concept, given there are actual prizes being offered by the "sponsor."

Gancian
13-03-17, 17:32
I think I'm going to take part in this contest. :)

By the by, I recently re-installed metasequoia. Can someone help me set up the units so that its grid matches Tomb Raider units?
Does someone know any tutorial about this?

SrDanielPonces
13-03-17, 17:37
@Gancian
You can see your answer at the beggining of this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=115107) tutorial. :wve:

Gancian
13-03-17, 17:57
@Gancian
You can see your answer at the beggining of this (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=115107) tutorial. :wve:

Thank you! I'm not sure what version does that tutorial refer to. I have the latest (Metasequoia 4) and I can set the Grid Interval to 51.2 for maximum precision. However if I zoom in or out something gets messed up in the grid perspective... I think that more lines are drawn but I'm not sure :ponder:

EDIT: Yes, I created a simple box and the more I zoom in the more lines are drawn in the grid. I can already tell that this is going to be confusing :D

Titak
13-03-17, 18:03
In the older Metasequoia, there's a "Pers" thingy in the "Set View" option in the "View" dropdown menu. When you slide the ruler to the very right, the perspective stays the same, no matter how far you zoom out.
Not sure where that feature would be at in version 4 though. :ponder:

Gancian
13-03-17, 18:26
In the older Metasequoia, there's a "Pers" thingy in the "Set View" option in the "View" dropdown menu. When you slide the ruler to the very right, the perspective stays the same, no matter how far you zoom out.
Not sure where that feature would be at in version 4 though. :ponder:

Not sure either. I believe this option should be under the "scale" option of the Grid customization dropdown menu, but that option is greyed out because it's a feature exclusive to registered users only. Oh, well. I'l try to live without it. :ton:

SrDanielPonces
15-03-17, 20:37
Hello :wve:

I'm having a problem in my level - the enemies are shooting to Lara through walls!
I think there may be some rooms overlaping other ones (but they can't be seen), so the enemies are shooting Lara even though they are not physically in that room. However I don't think the "overlaping rooms" excuse should be used for all cases, because the enemies can shoot Lara from many points of the level even though I'm sure there are no rooms overlaping some specific areas.

What should I do? This of course happens if Lara doesn't kill the enemies.. is there a way to freeze them or something? (so when Lara is not in that area, they won't work but they do when she goes back)... It may be complicated to me to do so since there are many paths and ways to go to the main area (and also the corridors) but I'll see what I can do about that.. I'd apreciate if I could have the best solution for this :(

Talos Munera
16-03-17, 09:09
Hi, guys...

It's been almost two days trying to fix a problem related to the secrets (all inserted in slot Quest_Item 6).

The secrets are in the level 3 and 4 (the first two are not playable), the level 5 as no secrets and the tr4 file number 6 and 7 are cutscenes (non-playable, too) and you jump to level number 8. In the inventory on Quest_Item 6 is no longer there! I scripted the string Equipment = QUEST_ITEM6, 1 in the Level Script but I am getting Quest_Item 2!! :confused: And no level is this the Quest Item 2! Only Quest_Item 1 and 6! I tried to replace the name of the object in Quest_Item 2, but I get something else! I just don't know what to do, because the name appears in the inventory, but is no longer the object.
I entered the Reset Hub (in fact I have all objects of previous levels, except this one)
I also changed names from Quest_Item 6 to Quest_Item 2 on some levels, but nothing happens ...

:confused::confused:

AkyV
16-03-17, 10:22
I don't know if there is a TRLE solution, but I recommend a TRNG one now.

Equipment command is useful only for the start of the whole game. Try this:

One Shot trigger, under Lara object of Level 8:

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 48
; Exporting: TRIGGER(81:0) for FLIPEFFECT(48) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : Inventory-Item. Increase (+1) in (E)way the number of <&>inventory-item in inventory
; <&> : QUEST_ITEM6 Slot=257
; (E) : Hidden way (change number of items with no visible effect)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 48, $51

Plus, silly question, but are you sure the related WAD has that object? :o

Talos Munera
16-03-17, 10:45
I don't know if there is a TRLE solution, but I recommend a TRNG one now.

Equipment command is useful only for the start of the whole game. Try this:

One Shot trigger, under Lara object of Level 8:

; Set Trigger Type - FLIPEFFECT 48
; Exporting: TRIGGER(81:0) for FLIPEFFECT(48) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : Inventory-Item. Increase (+1) in (E)way the number of <&>inventory-item in inventory
; <&> : QUEST_ITEM6 Slot=257
; (E) : Hidden way (change number of items with no visible effect)
; Values to add in script command: $2000, 48, $51

Plus, silly question, but are you sure the related WAD has that object? :o

I had already posted this flip. But unfortunately under Lara there is another flip where I remove the Quest_Item1 (which takes in the level 5). I would not let this problem ...
At the level of "game logic" do I have to delete the Quest Item 1 from the inventory, because you change playable character.

After I try to change in all WAD the object from a Quest Item 6 a Quest Item 2, maybe decides to work XD :o

AkyV
16-03-17, 11:07
I had already posted this flip. But unfortunately under Lara there is another flip where I remove the Quest_Item1 (which takes in the level 5). I would not let this problem ...

But that is not a problem:

Flipeffect#1 with One Shot, plus
Flipeffect#2 without One Shot

overlapped on the same square, then Flipeffect#2 works like having One Shot as well.

Because there are trigger interactions (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=205393).

Talos Munera
16-03-17, 15:13
But that is not a problem:

Flipeffect#1 with One Shot, plus
Flipeffect#2 without One Shot

overlapped on the same square, then Flipeffect#2 works like having One Shot as well.

Because there are trigger interactions (http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=205393).

I tried, but it continues to give me any problem ... because in the sector there is also a flip for string to a text and a trigger for an enemy.
I just tried it: see the name of the object but not the object in the inventory. I'm planning to permanently remove it ((it's not an important thing for the game, it's like the rose of Chronicles)

Axell
17-03-17, 14:32
Another day, another issue with TRLE.

I'm having a crash, my level won't let me load. Even though the Lara object is in the level.

Here's the crash report:

Version=1.2.2.7
Date: 4 January 2014 (22:30:8) Size=1765376 bytes
CRS=Disabled
Last diagnostic mexage:CreateSample %d of %d
Last directX error:

MEMORY CODE MAPPING:
BASE START END #ID PLUGIN
-----------------------------------------------------
10000000 10001000 10129000 0 Tomb_NextGeneration.dll
-----------------------------------------------------
............... QUICK DIAGNOSTIC LOG ...............
At moment of crash the program was managing:
.................................................. ..
CRASH REASON: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
EXTRA_INFO: VIOLATION ON READ AT OFFSET 0xA5B0000
RECOVERABLE : YES
CRASH OFFSET: 0x471C2B
REGISTERS:
EAX=0
EBX=40D9A60
ECX=815
EDX=47463
ESI=A5B0000
EDI=C35545C
EBP=D05FF80
EIP=471C2B
ESP=D05FEE0
DYNAMIC POINTER LIST:
------------------------------------------
00000002:Camera_Room
00000028:Camera_TargetRoom
0019FF0C:BaseSalvaStack1
0D05FF80:BaseSalvaStack2
0A70FF7C:BaseSalvaStack3
0019FAD0:Trng_Stack
------------------------------------------
Lara: x=2233939 y=1310744 z=371261470 StateId=5715 NextId=15 AnimNow=28 Room=5665

WARNING: probably lara item has not yet been initialized for current level and data above are no meaningful values of previous level

MEMORY ALLOCATION ARRAY
---------------------
Memory ID ToFree
---------------------------
1) 0x025A48C0 4932 0
2) 0x025C00D0 4932 0
3) 0x025C1D00 4932 0
4) 0x025C1380 4932 0
5) 0x0274AAC8 4932 0
6) 0x025C1010 4932 0
7) 0x025C2E00 10084 1
8) 0x02760710 10084 1
9) 0x0274BB30 8560 0
10) 0x02775028 8560 0
11) 0x00000000 0 0
12) 0x00000000 0 0
-----------------------------

Stack=0xD05FEE0 pContesto=0xD05FA80 pInfoEccezione=0xD05FA30
PRIMARY_STACK:
ESP=0xD05FEE0
STACK_TRACE:
0x47463A
0x47491B
0x49E67C
<CRASH DURING STACK TRACE>
END_STACK_TRACE

SECONDARY_STACK:
ESP=0x19B0EC
STACK_TRACE:
END_STACK_TRACE

OTHER_STACK:
ESP=0xA70B15C
STACK_TRACE:
END_STACK_TRACE

Titak
17-03-17, 15:08
TRNG is used, so please post this in the TRNG section. :)

Acacea
17-03-17, 21:43
Getting "Error Parsing MQO file" in editwad 1.4. Why?

:c

sapper
18-03-17, 00:54
Open your MQO file in a text editor.

What version is it?

Acacea
18-03-17, 01:46

sapper
19-03-17, 00:41
OK my MQO importer isn't fully compatible with this version of MQO which is created by Metasequoia 4.

You have to make sure no thumbnail is saved in the MQO by following the instructions here.

http://sappersblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/metasequoia-42-mqo-file-includes.html

EDIT:

Updated the MQO importer to handle Metasequoia 4.5.8 version 1.1 MQO files.

See this post. http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showpost.php?p=7723463&postcount=74

Songe
20-03-17, 20:05
Hi! I've got the clockwork-Beetle in my wad and would like Lara to use it on three occasions. It seems to work for all three places, but Lara uses it only once. After that the Beetle just keeps dancing on the floor. I tried to number the Mapper-objects - to no avail.

Before, the beetle used to shatter straight away whenever Lara put it on the floor. I had to make a change in the TREP settings to get it to work. Maybe this bug traces back to TREP as well? How can I fix it?

disapearing-boy
20-03-17, 22:45
Anyone have any experiences building an enemy meshtree more or less from scratch...?? :pi:

Niveus
20-03-17, 22:55
^Honestly, good luck. WADMerger has nearly brought me to tears just trying to add meshes to an animating before now, let alone building a whole mesh tree. :tea:

Here's a small tutorial (https://www.trsearch.org/Tutorial.php?action=gettut&id=36) I used back in the day to familiarise myself with mesh trees.

disapearing-boy
20-03-17, 23:51
^^ Oh I'm not using Wadmerger for that - I'm not a masochist.:D I'm using TRWAD Reorganizor - it's much more stable.

I once attempted to merge the two dragon_slots together from TR2 - boy was that a headache!!:cen:

Although I think I found a surprisingly suitable base to start with - I want to make a gorgon - one that moves about. The TR5 Seahag is actually a good base now that I think about it.:ponder:

I can't guarantee success but I'm not sure if many people have dived into enemy creation - combining meshes or combining animations - who knows what we could come up with, I feel like it hasn't been done before and that's why it's so important to do.

Niveus
21-03-17, 00:50
I can't guarantee success but I'm not sure if many people have dived into enemy creation - combining meshes or combining animations - who knows what we could come up with, I feel like it hasn't been done before and that's why it's so important to do.

I know I certainly haven't - to be honest, thinking about building an enemy from scratch makes me feel like I am leaning over a long dark chasm. :vlol:

Thinking of all those animations, and meshes, trying to make the joints look seamless as opposed to blocky, the hardcoded messes you are bound to find ... please keep us updated, it might give some of us the motivation we need. :whi:
I will say though to be careful of changing the sizes of an enemy too much. I've seen it makes it harder for the enemy to damage Lara.

AgentXP
22-03-17, 08:31
Does anyone know if there is limit on the number of camera (hints) you can have in a given level?

ThiagoTR
23-03-17, 01:51
Hi guys...
Why my rooms gets black? This happens only in a set of three stacked rooms.

image 01
http://i.imgur.com/f0m7T8G.jpg

image 02
http://i.imgur.com/TMYKI0Z.jpg

Mulf
23-03-17, 06:54
If these rooms are at the bottom right of your map, you'll need to move them out of there. This is a known bug in the engine, present since the very beginning, cause unknown.

Does anyone know if there is limit on the number of camera (hints) you can have in a given level?

Many is the number of limits that we've learned about the hard way over the years, but if you're talking about cut-away cameras that show a door opening or somesuch (as opposed to flyby sequences), this is not one I've ever heard of. :) Why? Do you have a reason to suspect such a limit, or is this just a precautionary question?

Talos Munera
23-03-17, 14:11
Hi, guys! I tried asking around, but got no answers. :confused:

Is there a manual or something that explains how to activate the bonus levels? I saw that there are many levels like that, but I've never found an explanation.
My bonus level is acrivated after the final level, only if you retrieve the secrets (3). I have no idea how to do ...:(

Titak
23-03-17, 15:54
Are you using TRNG?
Because that's what you need when those 3 secrets are found in in different levels.

It is possible with the original TRLE as long as the secrets are in one level.
I used that trick in my Jungle Fever game.

Talos Munera
23-03-17, 15:58
Are you using TRNG?
Because that's what you need when those 3 secrets are found in in different levels.

It is possible with the original TRLE as long as the secrets are in one level.
I used that trick in my Jungle Fever game.

Yes, I have TRNG
The secrets I can move them, there is no problem

Titak
23-03-17, 16:04
No need if you are using TRNG.
(Btw, next time it will be best to post any questions in the TRNG section so people can give TRNG solutions right away, without havign to ask first. :))

In the final level, activate a GlobalTrigger which uses a Condition TriggerGroup which checks if items X, Y and Z are present in the inventory.
Or if the secrets are all in the same slot, if there are 3x item X in the inventory.
Or use the condition that 3 secrets have been found.
In the other TriggerGroup of the GlobalTrigger, activate the leveljump to the bonus level. :D

Talos Munera
23-03-17, 16:18
No need if you are using TRNG.
(Btw, next time it will be best to post any questions in the TRNG section so people can give TRNG solutions right away, without havign to ask first. :))

In the final level, activate a GlobalTrigger which uses a Condition TriggerGroup which checks if items X, Y and Z are present in the inventory.
Or if the secrets are all in the same slot, if there are 3x item X in the inventory.
Or use the condition that 3 secrets have been found.
In the other TriggerGroup of the GlobalTrigger, activate the leveljump to the bonus level. :D

Oh!!! Thank you very much!! I copy the explanation on a txt file and I'll try as soon as possible :jmp::jmp::jmp:

Titak
23-03-17, 19:25
I just thought of something...
Perhaps not use the GlobalTrigger but place the condition trigger(s) and the trigger for the leveljump to the bonuslevel, on the tiles right in front of the leveljump back to the menu. Or activate the GlobalTrigger there.
Because using that globalTrigger, activated in the script all the time, would mean the leveljump takes place the moment you find the third secret... Not somethign you want I reckon.

Talos Munera
23-03-17, 21:59
I just thought of something...
Perhaps not use the GlobalTrigger but place the condition trigger(s) and the trigger for the leveljump to the bonuslevel, on the tiles right in front of the leveljump back to the menu. Or activate the GlobalTrigger there.
Because using that globalTrigger, activated in the script all the time, would mean the leveljump takes place the moment you find the third secret... Not somethign you want I reckon.

Sorry if I answer later: I did it thanks to Delta (me explained in Italian xD) and using a TriggerGroup, the condition and two Rollingball. The Heavy TriggerGroup with a flyby. I have tested insert three secrets in the final cutscene, and load level/all does the bonus level, otherwise go back to the menu. There are two finish :jmp: Sorry for my bad english

It's fantastic!!! Thank you so much, guys!! :D:D:jmp::jmp::hug::hug:

Dustie
24-03-17, 14:18
Hi guys...
Why my rooms gets black? This happens only in a set of three stacked rooms.

image 01
http://i.imgur.com/f0m7T8G.jpg

image 02
http://i.imgur.com/TMYKI0Z.jpg

Maybe you ran into the limit of the distance from the centre of the map, past which the engine ceases to render sectors.

Here's the thread that explains the issue:
http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=204738

If I understand correctly, you can't go below or above 127/128 squares.

ThiagoTR
24-03-17, 15:19
Mulf and Dustie: I moved the room from bottom right corner and fixed the black problem.
Thank you so much :)

TheBloodRed
24-03-17, 18:18
My level has this error currently and I couldn't avoid it. I know what causes it and how to attempt to fix it but I may just add some fixed camera angles or something haha.

The height is between -41 and 10 but is jammed into that bottom right corner sadly.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17498449_10210512026731500_6008500035018993114_n.j pg?oh=b0d8a7016110392578a6d02f8ec161e9&oe=595343C8

Dustie
24-03-17, 18:21
Well, it's supposed to work just fine if you don't go past 127/128 sectors above or below (or to either of the sides)... so yours shouldn't glitch if it's just -41...?

You should generally keep it in the center of the map, horizontally and vertically, I guess, to make sure it doesn't happen.

TheBloodRed
24-03-17, 18:24
It is a tall stack of rooms and it doesn't do it too much. The flip room to the bottom side of it has it worse and thats between -46 and -31... but the black screen blinking effect isnt so upsetting there.

Dustie
24-03-17, 18:31
Ouch, your level is big enough to run into the issue by going into the "corner-most" rooms... Aren't you getting glitches when you go to the rooms in the bottom-left and bottom-right rooms as seen on the 2D map (this is top-down view?) ?

Caesum
24-03-17, 18:33
You can delete some mazes that I see there and I'm sure you'll get more space to ove things round. :p

AgentXP
24-03-17, 18:37
Many is the number of limits that we've learned about the hard way over the years, but if you're talking about cut-away cameras that show a door opening or somesuch (as opposed to flyby sequences), this is not one I've ever heard of. :) Why? Do you have a reason to suspect such a limit, or is this just a precautionary question?

After a certain number of camera hints (fixed and normal), my cameras don't trigger properly - they appear and disappear before the viewer can see them as if someone has pressed the look button, expect they haven't.

There is no timer, I've checked....

TheBloodRed
24-03-17, 18:40
After a certain number of camera hints (fixed and normal), my cameras don't trigger properly - they appear and disappear before the viewer can see them as if someone has pressed the look button, expect they haven't. There is no timer, I've checked....

Are you TRNG or nah? Because only fix I can think of is TRNG ACTION triggers.

As for the regular editor, it seems that things have a hidden limit. Such as when you have too many sprites activated, sometimes different objects won't even trigger.

I only use TRNG so I don't know a workaround for your camera problem without it, sorry. :(

EDIT: Are you loading from a save file to test your level or are you using New Game?

TheBloodRed
24-03-17, 18:41
Ouch, your level is big enough to run into the issue by going into the "corner-most" rooms... Aren't you getting glitches when you go to the rooms in the bottom-left and bottom-right rooms as seen on the 2D map (this is top-down view?) ?

Top left is totally fine and it is -121 to -113!! I guess when i get off today I will have to check out some workarounds for the bottom right. I am still considering fixed camera because the engine will only have to render it once.

You can delete some mazes that I see there and I'm sure you'll get more space to ove things round. :p

The one with the squarish rooms is actually really easy. The one on the right is easy if you follow the maze hack rule of right turns.

Mulf
24-03-17, 19:10
After a certain number of camera hints (fixed and normal), my cameras don't trigger properly - they appear and disappear before the viewer can see them as if someone has pressed the look button, expect they haven't.

There is no timer, I've checked....

OK, as I said I've never heard of such a limit (what IS that "certain number" anyway? Is it outrageously high? :eek: ). However, I know that cameras tend to malfunction in the way you describe if there's a ROLLINGBALL lying around on a trigger somewhere in your level. Could that be the cause in your case?

The one [maze] with the squarish rooms is actually really easy. The one on the right is easy if you follow the maze hack rule of right turns.

Doesn't matter how easy they are. Mazes are always, always an annoyance. Most players hate them, some may tolerate them, some may even not mind them that much, but no one is ever going to champion them as masterpieces of level design. What Caesum was subtly hinting at was that you could easily delete the whole shebang and then move the rest out of the problem zone at no loss for your level, in fact it can only gain from it. And half-arsed measures like bleedin' fixed cameras, all for the sake of retaining some bits that only serve to bloat your level like a beached whale that is about to explode? :facepalm: Come on! You can do better than that!

AgentXP
24-03-17, 20:05
OK, as I said I've never heard of such a limit (what IS that "certain number" anyway? Is it outrageously high? :eek: ). However, I know that cameras tend to malfunction in the way you describe if there's a ROLLINGBALL lying around on a trigger somewhere in your level. Could that be the cause in your case?

Would that be ANY trigger, or specificly a camera trigger? :) (If so for normal trigger, that might be the case)

Mulf
24-03-17, 20:15
Any trigger really, the rule I learned back in the day was: never leave a ROLLINGBALL lying on a trigger, it's going to mess up your cameras. :)

Kapu
24-03-17, 22:00
never leave a ROLLINGBALL lying on a trigger, it's going to mess up your cameras. :)

:vlol: I just love the level editor.

Mulf
24-03-17, 22:05
:vlol: I just love the level editor.

And if you don't, you better learn to love it, the only other option is despair. :hea:

Kapu
24-03-17, 22:07
Hear, hear! :tmb:

AgentXP
24-03-17, 23:19
^ Seconded :vlol:

I think my problem is now related to triggering a camera in a flipped room :confused: - all the other cameras now work fine after switching them to ordinary cameras instead of fixed ones. It's one camera. Think I'm gonna just delete it an rely on the intelligence of the player to work out what happened.... :p

SrDanielPonces
24-03-17, 23:34
Shouldn't the camera be in the original room?

AgentXP
25-03-17, 01:49
It was, but it wasn't working... wasn't working in the flip room either :S IDK :hea::p

DJ Full
28-03-17, 01:05
I think my problem is now related to triggering a camera in a flipped roomThe camera must be in original room, the trigger must be in flipped one.
So... are you sure this room flips at all in the first place?

Octo
28-03-17, 16:12
How do I select specific triangles from textures?

Mulf
28-03-17, 16:19
Select the texture as usual, then use the key îmmediately below the Esc key (circumflex on my German keyboard; I think tilde ~ on one with an American layout) to rotate the triangular (green) selection.

This also works with partially selected textures.

Octo
28-03-17, 19:15

!araCr0ft
31-03-17, 00:38
How does one add Marble sounds to a texture when Lara runs over them? I've never used these before and it says "hardcoded."
Also, how do I go about making Lara say "oof" when she runs into/ jumps at a wall?

Thanks in advance. :D

EDIT: Got the marble foot sounds working. :o

disapearing-boy
03-04-17, 13:26
Does anyone know where I can get link for the Mousepatch for the LE? Does it fix the fast spinning in the LE... just installed a fresh copy and want to have everything in order before i install TRNG. Or does NGLE solved the spinning issue itself...?

@!araCr0ft

For sound effects I you have to add them to the animation itself - a lot of people say dont add sounds in Wadmerger so I dont know what else you should use.

ThiagoTR
03-04-17, 15:50
Quick question: Why the audio 000.wav from audio folder always plays repeatedly when Lara dies?

AkyV
03-04-17, 16:09
Does anyone know where I can get link for the Mousepatch for the LE? Does it fix the fast spinning in the LE... just installed a fresh copy and want to have everything in order before i install TRNG. Or does NGLE solved the spinning issue itself...?

http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/tools/mousepatchv2.zip

Well, I don't use the patch since I've been using TRNG...

Quick question: Why the audio 000.wav from audio folder always plays repeatedly when Lara dies?

Well, I also experienced something like this, when Death sectors killed her.

ThiagoTR
03-04-17, 18:26
Well, I also experienced something like this, when Death sectors killed her.
In my case the audio plays when Lara dies at any occasion. Now I tried deleting the audio 000.wav and fixed the problem. There is doubt as to why this happens.

Another question: It's possible a swingpole (parallel bars) retractable as in TRA?
My idea was to have a timed swingpole that extend of the wall and then slide back inside when reach the time. This is possible?

Titak
03-04-17, 19:11
Yes, that is possible.
I once made a setup like that, in one of my MoA part1 levels.
I used Action>Move triggers for moving the bars in and out of the walls, and then use an Organizer in the script to make them go in and out at a certain interval. :D

ThiagoTR
03-04-17, 19:35
Nice tip, I will use this method. Thank you so much Titak :D

Joey79100
03-04-17, 20:27
@!araCr0ft

For sound effects I you have to add them to the animation itself - a lot of people say dont add sounds in Wadmerger so I dont know what else you should use.
No, you misunderstood the thing. We're talking about the Sound Manager, not the other things related to sounds in Wadmerger.
I mean, of course you can add sounds in animations. You can even assign new sounds to an object so you can use them in the animations using the Add sounds function in the Sounds menu of the Animation Editor.
What is forbidden (yeah, there should be a law :D) is WadMerger's Sound Manager, the one you access through the main window by clicking on Sound Manager, just above the Animation Editor button. It's what you would use to add/remove sounds from the level (not from a specific object) and change their properties like pitch, volume, samples used, etc... but it's buggy, and not only in some specific circumstances, I mean, even if you do everything right you run into random problems. :p

AkyV
03-04-17, 23:53
There is a classic bug when the rollingball (I suppose only when rolling on a horizontal route) only pushes Lara harmlessly.
How could you prevent that? I think a TRNG collision condition is not the only way...

ThiagoTR
04-04-17, 16:47
The NGLE now crashes when I try load a prj. file
It was working normal until a few hours ago.
:admles:

Tulilintu
07-04-17, 17:25
Has any of you ever encountered a weird bug that the keyboard buttons just stopped working when you opened a TRLE level? I don't know what's happened but when I start the game and get into the opening menu, the game just doesn't react to arrow keys, ctrl or enter etc. I tried to play TR3 and The Last Revelation and they worked normally. So it seems this problem only concerns the custom levels.

What is going on? :confused:

DunHill
09-04-17, 14:34
I had a problem with spikes, it seems that they are not coming out of the holes on the floor, but from the top of the blocks where they are placed..
And I also placed flames in the corner of one of my rooms (a little one), but it seems the light that emmits from them doesn't reach the corridor it's connected to.. Any idea how to fix this ?

Mrshina
09-04-17, 15:08
I had a problem with spikes, it seems that they are not coming out of the holes on the floor, but from the top of the blocks where they are placed..
And I also placed flames in the corner of one of my rooms (a little one), but it seems the light that emmits from them doesn't reach the corridor it's connected to.. Any idea how to fix this ?

take a look on this tutorial about teeth spikes

http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211737

Octo
09-04-17, 18:55
A couple of questions:

-Is it possible to move the enemy in the wild boar slot to the dog slot

-How do you trigger a camera while lara is monkey swinging?

Mulf
09-04-17, 19:37
Is it possible to move the enemy in the wild boar slot to the dog slot

Possible, yes, but it won't work just like that, not without a conversion, and the result is probably not going to be satisfactory. DOG has one of the most complex behaviours of all enemies, and a host of animations. WILD_BOAR, on the other has, what? Five?

How do you trigger a camera while lara is monkey swinging?

There is a trigger type MONKEY specifically for that purpose. :)

DJ Full
09-04-17, 20:22
There is a trigger type MONKEY specifically for that purpose.Unless in TRNG, in that case this trigger slot was deleted and now you use CONDITION "if Lara's monkey swinging".

Mulf
09-04-17, 21:08
Well, the question wasn't TRNG-specific, but you're right! I never realised that. When did that happen, and why? Oh, nevermind. Looks like one of those things I'm not really using anyway, or else I would have noticed at some point. :)

DJ Full
09-04-17, 21:13
Well, the question wasn't TRNG-specificYou never know. After a 50 misdirected posts I assume both engines in advance :D When did that happen, and why? That happened quite a while ago, basically because MONKEY is just a single condition - so Paolone purged the slot and used it to store many, many more conditions. Including the former MONKEY.

Mulf
09-04-17, 21:35
Sounds reasonable enough then; thanks for the info.
Not being a fan of monkeyswings (or shimmys or climbs) long enough to warrant a camera view :ohn: —and I don't think that trigger type has many other uses—, I'm probably not going to use it for myself, but I will know should the question ever rise again.

DJ Full
09-04-17, 21:50
I don't think that trigger type has many other usesIn hmkayfloh/Paze's An Adventure, you grab the ceiling and it opens a door :D

Mulf
09-04-17, 22:07
And judging by the reviews, this is the kind of level I wish to avoid at whatever cost (as, apparently, most people do). Naah, I'd rather replay Section 13. :)

tombcroft3
11-04-17, 15:59
Hello i just downloaded this game http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2961
clicked the exe then this message appeared
Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

DJ Full
11-04-17, 16:13
Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or fileHaven't you clicked on the setup link instead? These remember the author's folder and go inactive. It's best to create them on your own, '' setup'' parameter added in Target.judging by the reviews, this is the kind of level I wish to avoid at whatever costCOWARD! I didn't stay awake overnight writing a walkthru so you just give up :p

MBog
11-04-17, 16:57
What should I do if in StrPix one point from Lara's neck is red, but the vertex has the correct value? It messes up the neck joint. :confused:

Titak
11-04-17, 18:23
Hello i just downloaded this game http://www.trle.net/sc/levelfeatures.php?lid=2961
Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the itemGot the same message, plus the dreaded anti-virus message.
But unlike with other tomb4.exe files which give me this message, I can't even undo the removal of the file, it's not even in the quarantine vault of the anti-virus program... :hea:

MBog
11-04-17, 18:57
I found the solution to my problem, apparently it didn't matter if the vertex had the correct number, I just changed it with a random one that was green :D
--------------------------------------------------
Is there any way of preventing Lara not loosing her breath when she is underwater when using StandBy= command?

Talos Munera
11-04-17, 19:25
Got the same message, plus the dreaded anti-virus message.
But unlike with other tomb4.exe files which give me this message, I can't even undo the removal of the file, it's not even in the quarantine vault of the anti-virus program... :hea:

Used AVG and played offline. Unfortunately the antivirus does not recognize my tomb4.exe with flep ... :( AVG is not a problem, Avira and Avast hate tomb4.exe unfortunately

Error: Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item

Try using another tomb4.exe

I still don't understand ... I used a tomb4.exe of 2014 and there are still problems!! :cen::cen::cen::hea:

Titak
11-04-17, 20:33
Avira and Avast hate tomb4.exe unfortunatelyBut they do accept tomb4.exe files if you put them in their "exceptions" list.

Another issue on my side is that my external HD used to be I:
When I reconnected it today, it was called K: all of a sudden. :facepalm:
Since I had tomb4.exe files located in the I: station, K: is something different and it looks like I can start all over again with the exceptions list. :facepalm:
Perhaps I should just go back to using AVG... :rolleyes:

Talos Munera
11-04-17, 20:49
Perhaps I should just go back to using AVG... :rolleyes:

I used an old tomb4.exe with Parrot's Cove icon (an old level) because Mediafire wouldn't let me upload the exe for testing! Madness! :cen:

AVG works and I can play/edit, but I have a list of exceptions full of tomb4.exe ahhahah xD

Titak
11-04-17, 21:17
Got it working now! :yah:

Weird, isn't it, that you have to specify every tomb4.exe files that are seen as a threat.
One would think that entering the name into the exceptions list would be enough, but no, one has to specify each and every one, including folders they might be in. :facepalm:

SrDanielPonces
11-04-17, 21:51
Yeah, got so dismotivated on playing custom levels because of this, avast! automatically removes my tomb4.exe from computer and makes it useless lol, and then I have to keep downloading the level again and again #rip

Niveus
11-04-17, 23:34
I do wonder what would be a solution to this false positive dilemma we have. :ponder: What exactly about tomb4 does antivirus software hate so much? The fact that it is externally modified? Or it has not come from a verified publisher?

Titak
12-04-17, 09:17
The fact that it is externally modified?This I think.
Either modified by TREP or by FLEP. Especially modified with FLEP gives these false positives.

Talos Munera
12-04-17, 09:34
Got it working now! :yah:

Weird, isn't it, that you have to specify every tomb4.exe files that are seen as a threat.
One would think that entering the name into the exceptions list would be enough, but no, one has to specify each and every one, including folders they might be in. :facepalm:

Oh, finally!! :D

Yes... and yet they are all tomb4.exe! I don't have words, really, two days ago I saw the list of AVG, and exceptions are all tomb4.exe on my pc :confused:

Joey79100
12-04-17, 12:21
I just have a folder where I put all the levels I download, another folder where I put everything related to my TRLE (ie. the main folder and the tools), and both folders are added to the exception list. This way I don't need to add another folder each time I download a new level. :)

Titak
12-04-17, 16:00
^
I have something similar, but I still have to add individual tomb4.exe files from tiem to time.
Quite odd. :confused:

Joey79100
12-04-17, 18:19
Odd indeed, because it worked for me both with Avast and Windows Defender. :confused:

DJ Full
14-04-17, 20:23
Can I have a quick reminder about what causes the fog color to reset on reload? I saw it investigated somewhere but I cannot find where :confused:

disapearing-boy
18-04-17, 22:45
Do the skeletons ever use their shields?:confused: Just curious?

Mulf
19-04-17, 22:28
Yes; yes they do, but only rarely, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Apparently the engine calls this behaviour in some randomised fashion.

And since you seem to never have witnessed it yourself: the effect is similar to BADDY_2 swirling his sword—the skeleton won't be thrown down by a shotgun blast and thus cannot be pushed into a pit while it's shielding itself. However, if you persist, the shield will eventually break, and you can get rid of the skeleton as usual. It's a rather nice effect, should occur more often. :)

disapearing-boy
20-04-17, 10:58
Yes; yes they do, but only rarely, and there doesn't seem to be any pattern to it. Apparently the engine calls this behaviour in some randomised fashion.

And since you seem to never have witnessed it yourself: the effect is similar to BADDY_2 swirling his sword—the skeleton won't be thrown down by a shotgun blast and thus cannot be pushed into a pit while it's shielding itself. However, if you persist, the shield will eventually break, and you can get rid of the skeleton as usual. It's a rather nice effect, should occur more often. :)

Thanks Mulf:), I done some more testing and it used the shield once (maybe twice) after persistent shooting. Although they didn't respond to the pistols/uzis - perhaps because they can't be harmed by them.

I'm planning a custom enemy that would work well with a shield -- but all blocking enemies have some limitations. I'm beginning to think that's what the 'L' in TRLE stands for...

Mulf
20-04-17, 12:42
Alright, I can see why you wouldn't go for KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR when it comes to enemies who use shields, but what is the limitation of BADDY_2 that makes you look for other options, as that slot appears to be one of the most versatile in all of TR4?

disapearing-boy
20-04-17, 14:54
Alright, I can see why you wouldn't go for KNIGHTS_TEMPLAR when it comes to enemies who use shields, but what is the limitation of BADDY_2 that makes you look for other options, as that slot appears to be one of the most versatile in all of TR4?

The main issue with the Baddy_2 slot is that I can't fully disable his climbing anims (as i'd prefer if the enemy which is 'undead' can't climb) without the baddy simple 'freezing' whenever he wants to climb but can't. He also freezes over ammo/medikits but that's not a huge restriction.

Ideally my blocking enemy would be able to march forward while still blocking - only vulnerable when swinging to attack (shooting would interupt the attack) - although I like the idea of the shield breaking. The mummy slot has 2 walking anims but no blocking, although he can be 'interupted' by gunfire - I think the TR3 Shiva on trsearch can block so maybe the State ID works on other enemies.

Maybe the slot is the best choice - I'll have to build ahead first. It's too early in my level to worry about such things -- I'll sleep on it for now and/or devise a TRNG solution later. I'll post there when it's time.;)

DJ Full
21-04-17, 21:13
Is it an option to customize light meshes? Like, make the flyby cones smaller?
I always find it very hard to orientate when I make flybys:

http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y520/Skrzypiec/f_zpsy2vucpwr.png

SrDanielPonces
21-04-17, 21:31
^ and the editor gets really slow. I was forced to make three copies of the same room for a cutscene... (also because I reached the light bulb limit on a single room).

Mrs Manson
26-04-17, 01:26
How do i make the effect of the endless fall like in TR3? I'm building some floating islands and i need to Lara to fall "forever". In the first level of the London section of TR3, when Lara falls of the buildings, she falls for a long time and then the game goes to the menu without Lara hiting the ground, how can i have the same effect?

DJ Full
26-04-17, 05:17
PAD for FINISH (24)

DJ Full
26-04-17, 18:47
I got some wrong user shapes. Those errors are too little to find but they fill my user shape slots I need.
Is there a way to make the editor show where they are? Pressing "1" only shows regular tiles...

turneraider
27-04-17, 04:27
Hello! :wve: So I've been looking for the original textures of High Security Compound level from TR3, does anyone know where I can find them?

Mrshina
27-04-17, 06:01
Hello! :wve: So I've been looking for the original textures of High Security Compound level from TR3, does anyone know where I can find them?

Here they are on Laraslevelbase (http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/index.asp?Kat_1=textures&page=6&Kat_2=&id=%25&Kat_3=&Kat_4=&Kat_5=tr&Datum=&Beschreibung=&Name=&Aktiv=1).

Just scroll down a little

But if you want some textures you can always rip them from the level using PixStr (if it works for you)

TombGuardian
27-04-17, 10:15
Hey!
Anyone know a good Ladders tutorial? I can't find one at all :hea:
Lara doesn't want to grab my ladders
The manual explain only the basic type of ladders: Floor -> top
that works, but the ladders that, at example, are over a pool of water doesn't work.

SrDanielPonces
27-04-17, 10:27
You have to put the ladder on the room below. Same for monkeyswing.

TombGuardian
27-04-17, 10:32
You have to put the ladder on the room below. Same for monkeyswing.

Oh ok thanks
but what if I want only a part of the wall climbable? I mean.... Middle room climbable, bottom room not climbable?

SrDanielPonces
27-04-17, 10:58
You cant with out vertical triggers xoxo

Dustie
27-04-17, 13:53
How do i make the effect of the endless fall like in TR3? I'm building some floating islands and i need to Lara to fall "forever". In the first level of the London section of TR3, when Lara falls of the buildings, she falls for a long time and then the game goes to the menu without Lara hiting the ground, how can i have the same effect?

PAD for FINISH (24)

Does that actually work? Using the PAD trigger? Does this trigger death without playing the 'hitting the ground' animation? I discussed this feature (endless fall do death) in the TRNG section because I thought there was no way to implement this with current tools and scripting was necessary, and nobody seemed to have a clear, verified solution. If the PAD trigger was a solution that would be great!

DJ Full
27-04-17, 14:16
Does that actually work? Using the PAD trigger?If, for some reason, it doesn't work for you, get:
- condition for crashing animation
- flipeffect, delay, instant finish.
This will trigger on the first frame of crash and save a lot of pink triggers.

DJ Full
28-04-17, 18:36
Hm. I have a flipping room. One version has all the lights, another has none.
Does it matter which room state - flipped or unflipped - has all those lights?
Or is it irrelevant / unknown?

TombGuardian
29-04-17, 10:45
Question:
In which wad I can find the Water Bag? And the 'water' plate?(The one for the water puzzle that is in Mastabas if I remember correctly)

LoreRaider
29-04-17, 11:42
You can find the Small and Big Waterskin on the Temple of Horus level, about the Element_puzzle, you can find it on Mastabas wad as you said
Remember that it's just one, not three objects

TombGuardian
29-04-17, 12:01
You can find the Small and Big Waterskin on the Temple of Horus level, about the Element_puzzle, you can find it on Mastabas wad as you said
Remember that it's just one, not three objects

Yeah thanks
Where do I find those two wads? I have TR4 for PS1, not for PC :(

Mulf
29-04-17, 12:10
Mastabas: http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=620

Temple of Horus: http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=625

TombGuardian
29-04-17, 12:11
Mastabas: http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=620

Temple of Horus: http://laraslevelbase.org/stuff/stuff_dl.asp?id=625

Thanks!

EDIT: I noticed the one in mastabas has a sun on the puzzle, and what seem to be earth (or sand) on it?
I didnt play TR4 Giza for alot of time now. Where I can get the one with water? Anyone knows?
EDIT2: Nevermind. Those are the same, you change the look with OCB
Thanks anyway :D

OverRaider
30-04-17, 14:44
Is there a simple way to get rid of the "ghost" frame of animation? It doesn`t show in wadmerger while it shows in-game, and also, how to avoid it when creating animation and/or what causes it?

Joey79100
30-04-17, 15:13
Got this problem some time ago.
In the past you would open the Wad in TRWad to TRWest Compatibility tool, it would have shown this frames so you could delete them, but my Wad wouldn't open with it.

But now with have NG Center's Animation Fixer (Tools3 tab) that will allow you to correct that specific problem. Find your problematic animation, and reduce the FEnd value by 1, and if it's not enough, reduce again, it depends on how much ghost frames are present. Just test it in-game to see until you're satisfied. :)

Sabatu
30-04-17, 17:18
Its possible to make Editor FullScreen When I make Fullscreen editor is in same 1024x768 but black window is fullscreen
https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18157642_1648650968508927_3665686712294047282_n.jp g?oh=ee5be0d1ad377b89b09807444b91eaff&oe=59915A92

Titak
30-04-17, 17:21
^
Not possible.
It is always 1024x768. Unfortunately. :(

OverRaider
30-04-17, 17:23
But now with have NG Center's Animation Fixer (Tools3 tab)

Thanks but... there seems to be no such tool in my NG Center. Is it a tool of the latest version of TRNG? The one with plug-in features? If so I am not ready to upgrade to it yet :o

SrDanielPonces
30-04-17, 17:28
Why not?

Joey79100
30-04-17, 18:43
Uhm, yeah. There's no reason not to update, nothing will change in the workflow. :ton:

Nattie
01-05-17, 18:14
Hello people :)
It's possible copy a room of a project and paste in a other project?

DJ Full
01-05-17, 18:17
Unfortunately, no.

Mulf
01-05-17, 18:30
Yes it is, with the "Cut" and "Paste" functions (in the panel below the main window). However, you should take a few precautions, or you may end up with "EVIL" errors and a corrupted project. You're usually better off rebuilding the room(s) in question from scratch (unless of course they were very complex to build).

1. In your new project, create a new, empty room with the same dimensions as the room you want to make a copy of. Make sure its floor and ceiling are also at the same height as the original.

2. Delete every portal from the original room. I don't remember whether it's necessary to also delete triggers, but it's probably for the best if you do. (Don't save your original project after doing this, or save under a new filename.)

3. Select the entire floor of the original room (blue squares only, not the grey walls) and click the "Cut" button.

4. Then go to your other project where you created the new empty room and select the entire floor (again, blue squares only, not the grey walls) and click "Paste".

5. This procedure copies solely the room geometry. Triggers, objects, etc. need to be newly placed. Textures will be taken over I think, but if you want to have the same textures as in the original, they need to be in the same location in the TGA file of the copy project.

6. Ta-da, you're done! As you can see, it's a bit circumstancial, which is why I started this post with a big caveat. :)

TombGuardian
02-05-17, 11:52
My computer doesn't open my tomb4.exe anymore! Why Q_Q
http://i.imgur.com/wVNmPtV.png
It's in italian, but maybe it's a common problem

SrDanielPonces
02-05-17, 12:08
well cant you translate it?

Scottie
02-05-17, 12:13
Google Translate is your Friend ;)

You can not run this app on your PC
To look for a version for your PC, contact the software distributor

TombGuardian
02-05-17, 12:22
It works randomly now. Thanks anyway

DJ Full
02-05-17, 18:26
OK now I press any of the "Move" buttons in Wadmerger 3D View window.
The button disappears and I cannot use it. Using the newest link version...
(The one I reported as Beta4 but displaying 1.0.0.3 with the wad loaded.)

Does anybody have a slightest clue what this might be?

Yes it is, with the "Cut" and "Paste" functions . However, you should take a few precautionsBtw Mulf thanks for enlightening, I had no clue about that until today.
But I tried your procedure following every step as carefully as I could...
I cannot make it work, maybe it's true for the older TRLE versions?

Joey79100
02-05-17, 18:52
OK now I press any of the "Move" buttons in Wadmerger 3D View window.
The button disappears and I cannot use it. Using the newest link version...
(The one I reported as Beta4 but displaying 1.0.0.3 with the wad loaded.)

Does anybody have a slightest clue what this might be?
It happened twice to me and it was gone the same way it appeared: randomly. Maybe restart your computer?

Mulf
02-05-17, 19:10
Btw Mulf thanks for enlightening, I had no clue about that until today.
But I tried your procedure following every step as carefully as I could...
I cannot make it work, maybe it's true for the older TRLE versions?

I see no reason why these functions should be disabled now, but one thing is true, I did this a few years ago, so it would have been some older version of NGLE.
The reason why I remember the procedure so well is because I had to split a level (yet again) and later decided to re-import a section from level 2 back into level 1—several stacked rooms, a rather large area. And I got it to work somehow. Yet it's possible that I didn't remember the procedure quite well enough when drew up the list (as I said, it's been some years).
One reason why you can't get it to work may be this: I think you can't have two instances of the Editor open at the same time for the procedure to work. I vaguely remember opening project A, copying ('cutting') a room, then opening project B and pasting. Then opening project A again, copying the next room, and so on, all within the same instance of the Editor. Very tedious, but was worth the trouble in the end, in this case anyway.

EDIT: I just made a little test with the most recent version of NGLE, and it still works; if you do the copying and pasting within the same instance of the LE.

DJ Full
02-05-17, 19:41
restart your computer?MAGIC! Thanks :)

I think you can't have two instances of the Editor open at the same time for the procedure to work.If that's a requirement, it's not the only one. I keep getting the "Nothing to paste" monit.

Mulf
02-05-17, 19:48
If that's a requirement, it's not the only one. I keep getting the "Nothing to paste" monit.

As I said I just tested it, and it works as described. I can't think of anything else that would be relevant. :confused:

OverRaider
03-05-17, 00:29
Uhm, yeah. There's no reason not to update, nothing will change in the workflow. :ton:

Upgraded...all animations fixed using animation fixer... thanks :)

Titak
03-05-17, 09:05
As I said I just tested it, and it works as described. I can't think of anything else that would be relevant. :confused:I can confirm that it works. I've used it in a couple of instances as well.

There used to be a program that could be used to merg prj's or parts of prj's.
I remember using it for the title of my Himalayan Mysteries game.
I have forgotten the name of the progam... :facepalm:
However, it does not work on TRNG prj's... :(

*** EDIT ***
The progam is called PRJMerge. It was made by aktrekker.

Nattie
03-05-17, 09:33
I followed every step by Mulf instructions... But as DJFull I get the message "Nothing to paste" too.

Joey79100
03-05-17, 11:01
I'm using the latest NGLE and it did work too for me. :ponder:

Nattie
05-05-17, 17:11
Well. It's possible use two horizons in only one level?

DJ Full
05-05-17, 18:51
With TRNG only. Open the trigger window, find FLIPEFFECT:
Swap Mesh. Swap mesh of current Horizont object with <&>Slot mesh.
And you select a slot with your secondary horizon :)

TombGuardian
06-05-17, 08:08
Hello!
I have a problem with Pushing Blocks and Raising Blocks.
4 Pushings are on 4 Raising Blocks.
Once I deactivate the Raisings, the blocks are strange:
1) I can't jump over them
2) If I try to grab them(to move them), Lara gets 'stuck'
3) If I still manage after some tries to move the block, I will be able to walk over the block, and over an invisible block over the raising block!
What's this about? :(
(OCB is 68 on all pushing blocks)
Video for reference:
T0P3BiZNID0

Titak
06-05-17, 09:14
Pushables lose their hard collision when standing on raising-blocks. And trapdoors too if I remember correctly.
You may want to try removing the raising-block with one of the Action>Enemy>Kill triggers after it has gone down.
Like this one:
; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 14
; Exporting: TRIGGER(270:0) for ACTION(1377) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : SPHINX_MIP ID 1377 in sector (5,2) of Room104
; <&> : Enemy. Kill <#>object in (E) way
; (E) : Remove immediatly (disappear any item)
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 1377, $10E
Only possible ofcourse if you don't need to raise the blocks again.
You can texture the tile below the raising block with the same texture as the top of the raising block so it looks like it is still there. :D

As for the collision staying on the spot where the pushable came from, no idea why that is. :confused:

LoreRaider
06-05-17, 11:53
Well. It's possible use two horizons in only one level?

Yep, to change that you have to use a flipeffect to meshswap the horizons, I advise to put the 2nd horizon on a animating slot :)

EDIT: oops, I just saw now you got already an answer :p

Nattie
06-05-17, 17:00
Thank you so much DJ Full and LoreRaider :)

LoreRaider
08-05-17, 17:00
Can someone please tell me how water effect works on dry rooms? I've tried to follow correctly what the tutorial says, but it doesn't work for me :o
Here's the tutorial I've followed: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195519

Mrshina
08-05-17, 17:23
Can someone please tell me how water effect works on dry rooms? I've tried to follow correctly what the tutorial says, but it doesn't work for me :o
Here's the tutorial I've followed: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=195519

there were also pictures in this tutorial, but sadly imageshack deleted them all with the premium only transformation.

The trick is that the water room needs to have lower room number than the room you want to show the effect.
Now only place the rooms on the same position in the 2d map.
You can have one 18x18 room to overlap multiple rooms and put walls where you don't want the effect to be or shape it with ceiling and floor and the particles should appear only in the space where aren't any ground/ceiling/wall collisions.

LoreRaider
08-05-17, 17:41
It works! Thank you Mrshina! :D

TombGuardian
08-05-17, 18:09
Pushables lose their hard collision when standing on raising-blocks. And trapdoors too if I remember correctly.
You may want to try removing the raising-block with one of the Action>Enemy>Kill triggers after it has gone down.
Like this one:
; Set Trigger Type - ACTION 14
; Exporting: TRIGGER(270:0) for ACTION(1377) {Tomb_NextGeneration}
; <#> : SPHINX_MIP ID 1377 in sector (5,2) of Room104
; <&> : Enemy. Kill <#>object in (E) way
; (E) : Remove immediatly (disappear any item)
; Values to add in script command: $5000, 1377, $10E
Only possible ofcourse if you don't need to raise the blocks again.
You can texture the tile below the raising block with the same texture as the top of the raising block so it looks like it is still there. :D

As for the collision staying on the spot where the pushable came from, no idea why that is. :confused:
How to make it so when the Raising Blocks are lowered, them disappear(the trigger you put)?
Because if I use it now, the raisings disappear suddenly and the blocks float in an invisible wall.

Titak
08-05-17, 20:12
You could use an Organizer for that.
Or the good old rollingball trick if you do not know how to script Organizers.

In the case of a rollingball, place it in a seperate room Lara can't get into.
Make a long but not so steep slope, like 1 click per tile, so the rollingball won't go very fast. (enter 1 in the OCB of the rollingball to make it silent and without any screen shaking.)
Place the rolling ball at the highest point of the slope and trigger it where you have now triggered the raising blocks.
Place a heavy-trigger for lowering the blocks underneath the rollingball, so the moment the ball is activated it will also activate the raisingblocks.
And then place the heavy-trigger for disappearing the raising blocks somewhere else on the slope. Where exactly is what you'll have to test ingame: place the triggers somewhere and just observe ingame when they disappear. If they disappear to soon, the triggers should be further down the slope, if they trigger to late, they should be placed further up the slope.
An oldfashioned Organizer. :D

TombGuardian
08-05-17, 20:54
You could use an Organizer for that.
Or the good old rollingball trick if you do not know how to script Organizers.

In the case of a rollingball, place it in a seperate room Lara can't get into.
Make a long but not so steep slope, like 1 click per tile, so the rollingball won't go very fast. (enter 1 in the OCB of the rollingball to make it silent and without any screen shaking.)
Place the rolling ball at the highest point of the slope and trigger it where you have now triggered the raising blocks.
Place a heavy-trigger for lowering the blocks underneath the rollingball, so the moment the ball is activated it will also activate the raisingblocks.
And then place the heavy-trigger for disappearing the raising blocks somewhere else on the slope. Where exactly is what you'll have to test ingame: place the triggers somewhere and just observe ingame when they disappear. If they disappear to soon, the triggers should be further down the slope, if they trigger to late, they should be placed further up the slope.
An oldfashioned Organizer. :D

OH!
I never wanted to use rollingballs. I thought the shake and the sound could be heard. Instead there's an OCB!
I still want to learn to do it with TriggerGroups and GlobalTriggers, but this is a good start if I don't know how to setup those :D

DJ Full
08-05-17, 21:23
TombGuardian, Titia,

You need to be extremely careful with using that Kill <#>object flipeffect. This trigger was responsible for restoring a collision block to an already open door on reload of my train level. Also when I had rollingball on HEAVY and I killed it this way, the (now invisible) rollingball returned to its original position after a reload, making the HEAVY reactivate every time. So I won't be surprised if this flipeffect appears the reason why you're getting that collision wall after killing a raisingblock. It's probably still there even though invisible.

TombGuardian
08-05-17, 21:40
TombGuardian, Titia,

You need to be extremely careful with using that Kill <#>object flipeffect. This trigger was responsible for restoring a collision block to an already open door on reload of my train level. Also when I had rollingball on HEAVY and I killed it this way, the (now invisible) rollingball returned to its original position after a reload, making the HEAVY reactivate every time. So I won't be surprised if this flipeffect appears the reason why you're getting that collision wall after killing a raisingblock. It's probably still there even though invisible.
Then how to remove it from the game once it has been lowered?

Mulf
08-05-17, 22:33
Move it down under the floor, or into a wall?

TombGuardian
09-05-17, 06:55
Move it down under the floor, or into a wall?

what you mean?

SrDanielPonces
09-05-17, 11:20
use an action trigger to move it

Mulf
09-05-17, 11:40
If the "kill object" flipeffect is buggy, you can try and move that object out of the way (under the floor or into a wall, where it cannot be seen or interacted with) with an F167 trigger (Moveable. Move. Move moveable with data in <&>paramters list). That is what I meant. :)

EDIT: I see Mr Ponces got the idea. It's not an action trigger, though; it's another flipeffect.

Titak
09-05-17, 12:41
There's also a whole bunch of Action triggers which can move moveables. :D
I think it's those that Daniel is talking about.

The flipeffect triggers for moving objects are also for moveables (when using that Moveable. Move. Move moveable with data in <&>parameters list for example) and for moving Statics. :D

The nice thing about the Moveable. Move. Move moveable with data in <&>parameters list is that you can customize the movement. :tmb:
So I often use it for objects that move while being seen. :D

Yes, moving an object out of the way is also a way of getting rid of it.
Especially if that "kill" trigger is buggy... I didn't know about it being buggy, so learned something new today. :D

And if you want to move it out of the way instantly, the A472 (Move. Move to aest <#>animating for (E) clicks) is the way to go. This instantly move an object in the specified direction. :D

TombGuardian
09-05-17, 12:55
What's PARAM_MOVE_ITEM? I don't know how to use that flipeffect

Titak
09-05-17, 13:00
It's one of the PARAM_ things possible with the Parameters= command.
You can read all about it in NG-Center reference.

And like I said, you do not need it when you want to object to be instantly moved. You can use the Action trigger for that. :)

SrDanielPonces
09-05-17, 13:04
And if you want to move it out of the way instantly, the A472 (Move. Move to aest <#>animating for (E) clicks) is the way to go. This instantly move an object in the specified direction. :D

That's exactly what I mean. I always use this action trigger, hence why I haven't mentioned any of the flipeffects.

TombGuardian
09-05-17, 13:35
if I use Any of the East/North/South/West triggers, I see the tiles moving outside the room(So it's not instantly)
If I put down, the pushingblock falls into the floor(?) and an invisible wall appear.
So there's no command to instantly 'teleport' the moveables out of the way?

Mulf
09-05-17, 13:40
That's exactly what I mean. I always use this action trigger, hence why I haven't mentioned any of the flipeffects.

No prob, my mistake. In fact, it's the instantly-out-of-sight trigger Titak was talking about that I'm using myself for similar purposes. :)

TombGuardian
09-05-17, 14:00
No prob, my mistake. In fact, it's the instantly-out-of-sight trigger Titak was talking about that I'm using myself for similar purposes. :)

It doesn't work :/ why :c

Anyway, Another question( I did it a week ago or so)
But I didn't understand how to do so:
http://i.imgur.com/eLrmwog.png
I want to put a ladder on the pillar on the right, on the two blue tiles at his left.
If I put the green '+' button in that room, Lara won't grab it.
If I put the green '+' button in that room and ALL the rooms below, she will grab it, BUT! Not only that two tiles, but all the pillar(So You can reach the bottom!)
There's no way to put the ladder only on those two tiles?

SrDanielPonces
09-05-17, 14:43
I already answered this to you.... You can with vertical triggers, search for a tutorial

TombGuardian
09-05-17, 14:48
I already answered this to you.... You can with vertical triggers, search for a tutorial

Yeah I know, but can't find one :/
EDIT: Nevermind, just found this? http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=211866

SrDanielPonces
09-05-17, 14:49
yes.

Titak
09-05-17, 15:30
if I use Any of the East/North/South/West triggers, I see the tiles moving outside the room(So it's not instantly)

If you see them move, try the other type of Move action trigger.
The one that can move objects not by whole clicks, but by units.
There's a differecne bewteen the two: one moves instantly (I think it's the one that moves by clicks) and the other one moves objects with a fixed speed.

DJ Full
13-05-17, 15:42
I've just spent several hours on a 13-frame loop-based animation.
This was done in order to sync with my perfect 13-frame sound loop.
Then I raised the pitch what reminded me it also changes sfx length...

...well...

...can I change the pitch without changing sfx length?

Joey79100
13-05-17, 15:54
Audacity. :p